Speaker 1: Wow, that was the MLB trade deadline. The Mets made a bunch of moves, brought in a bunch of players, basically everybody that you expected except Luis Robert Junior. My King is still here, has been traded by the New York Mets, and we got a ton of new prospects in We'll talk about literally every single trade in today's episode. Even the Freddy Perolta won a little bit because we got more info before we get going into it. Make sure you guys are subscribed so you don't miss out on the Mets content. I know it's gonna kind of be a little bit more chill now because the deadline's over, but I promise you we're still gonna have a lot coming at you, So make sure you are subscribed. And if you're listening to us Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google drops the rating, drops a review, download and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Take it away. James, my brain is fried from today.
Speaker 3: I mean mine too. We just streamed for two and a half hours with the wind up. I did hours stream with NBC, marked another hour and made a video on his channel just I mean, it's a great day baseball content. It's very the baseball trade deadline is the best trade deadline sports. I've no issue saying that either, Simon Close. No, It's just it was lovely, lovely day of content, lots of interesting trades, and we.
Speaker 2: Were I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say we're crashing out, but when we got to like five point fifteen, we were pretty upset about what was going on with the Mets deadline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think a big thing that was going on is that we saw these other teams around the league getting some packages that we really really like, specifically what the Cardinals got for Dustin May and Jojo Romero, and it felt like the Mets were selling themselves short a little bit. What happened, No, I was saying like, yeah, like, oh oh, that could have been Clay Homes in Brokrayli. Yeah, that the Mets were selling them self short by no packaging guys together. And within I think five minutes of us going on a little bit of rant about not packaging guys and losing out on maybe better prospects, Mets went out and got their best prospect in this entire trade deadline, Clay Homes and Tyrone Taylor going to the Chicago Cubs for Jefferson Rojas.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a big one.
Speaker 3: I think there will be some arguments about who was the best prospect because now all everything learning about the million petree is is going to the rocket ship moon right now in terms of advanced day of the But Rojas is definitely, in terms of public list by far the highest ranked prospect we got one of the five or so highest I mean guess not really because the Red Sox kind of blew the whole thing out of the water. Definitely one of the ten highest ranked prospects that got traded this deadline between where you look, he could be like a top fifty guy versus a top hundred guy. He is playing a lot of second, third and short in the minus of the Cubs. We called him out last week as the target, Yes, from the Cups, we said the multiple times I said them one of us. The Cubs fans were yelling at me saying, no chance. I got back into every single one of their replies today right when that trade happened. Course, so they would never trade the top one hundred prospect for a rental starting pitcher. Nice tray guys, but he is We like the bat a lot on Jefferson Rojas. We think that between his contact his power, he has a chance to have a really soft landing as a major leaguer one day. He's aggressive, so maybe you weed some of that out, or maybe it's just his superpower and you keep that in. But I think his prospect public ranking gets a teeny bit overrated because it doesn't seem like he's going to continue to be a shortstop.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't mean can't be good player. What are the eggs a velos on him? Are they good enough?
Speaker 3: Yes, they are good enough. So we did have those and we shared them last week. I'm gonna I forget it.
Speaker 2: It's like one ten right, I think I.
Speaker 3: Think he had a one ten max And uh, it's a one ten max one oh four to ninety thirty seven percent hard hitd So it's good, not great, totally fine right there. But with his contact rate only a fourteen percent in zone miss, which is low, a thirty one percent chase which is also pretty low for how much of a free swinger. He has fifty one percent swing rate, So it's it's a it's a completely fine having profiles definitely tens closer to good than great. And then with hopefully premium defense to two other infield positions.
Speaker 2: Solid profile.
Speaker 1: So what's really funny about Jefferson Rojas is like, again, consensus wise, probably considered the best prospect that the Mets traded for I think when you're taking everyone as.
Speaker 2: A whole and in the Mets system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in the Mets system right now, which is kind of funny, but also at the same time, unlike a lot of the other prospects that we're going to talk about today's video, he is the opposite of what it seems like the Mets goal was from a prospect standpoint, where Jefferson Rojas feels very well rounded. He doesn't have any necessarily elite traits by any means, but it seems like he's going to be a very very capable, solid major league guy. Good floor, dude.
Speaker 2: It feels like in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, this is a really high likelihood.
Speaker 1: Jefferson Rojas plays a lot of baseball for the New York Mets organization and again wherever that may mix it, and also could be a thing where I'm saying he's trending off shortstop.
Speaker 2: He could probably still be a short.
Speaker 3: Stop when he's twenty three to twenty four years old, depending on if that fits the timeline Francisco, and they're moving to second base whereever happens this offseason. And we talked about this a lot on the stream, but it felt like the Mets as an organization were so incredibly comfortable with what this outfield's going to look like for at least the next five six seasons.
Speaker 2: After this one. Yeah, so they slammed infield.
Speaker 1: They got so many guys they think can eventually fill up this infield because I'm not sure if you guys remember, but the last crop of infield prospects didn't super work out for the Mets.
Speaker 2: So who could those guys be? Was it? I don't know, Mark Veenze's, Bret Bady, Ronnie Mauricio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't recall whatever happened there, but it's we got a lot of depth there. And again, Rojas is incredibly solid prospect. The Cups fans are overrating him a bit. I think baseball will be pipeline over rates him a bit. But he's a good ballplayer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty one years old, double a playing good baseball session to see what we can get out of him. Maybe he's a guy who finishes the year at Triple A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's also one of those guys who was signed very young out of Dominican Republic. So when you look at his measurements on the websites, he's five to eleven, one to fifty.
Speaker 2: Is there a world where they actually.
Speaker 1: Just send him to Triple A now because they want Mitch Voyd to play every day at shortstop?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: I think he's going right to Triple AX. I think he's got in contention to beat half a roster spot for next season for sure. But he wasn't playing short stop every day and for the Cups IOWA.
Speaker 2: I guess that will tell us a lot about what they think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's played most of his games at third this year.
Speaker 2: And it's also on Jefferson Rojas aggression.
Speaker 3: So again, that's something I'd be looking at, is swing decisions. But we have good contact, good power, good defense. It's he is.
Speaker 2: He's like exactly what you think about. With a fringe top bunch of.
Speaker 1: Prospects pouring out for Clayholmes and Tyrone Taylor, thank you very much for your service.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially Tyrone. He was so happy to be a man.
Speaker 1: He was so happy this season with his family here and yeah, good story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and good for Tyrone.
Speaker 1: He's been unbelievable recently, so I hope it does really well with the Cubs again. Good luck to Clay Holmes and Tyrone Taylor, two guys that I enjoyed their time as a New York.
Speaker 2: Met very much.
Speaker 3: So now we'll get to the one that was the one that got Metchan's freaking out a little bit to that.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's gonna be the Luke Weaver plus money to the Pittsburgh Pirates for Friend of the Podcast, Friend of the Channel. Sammy Stefora, lifelong Mets.
Speaker 3: Fan, and we love Sammy. We're gonna try and talk to him at some point on this show. He's longtime with draftneckmark watcher, which is pretty funny.
Speaker 1: It's insitant to get that from like a prospect. It's like I've been watching for song. I'm like, oh my god, you were like a very young child watching my videos.
Speaker 3: I was cursing up a storm, right, but yeah, right, he was eleven. But for Luke Weaver, and we have the David Stearns press conference going on right now. He said, ultimately the returns that we were able to get we thought made sense. We're in the best interest in the organizations being very incredibly he's like chopped and screwed in in this vine. Few do you see this, these videos of David Stearns coming on the internet.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear anybody talk right now. This is crazy.
Speaker 3: But I do think that's like a misconception where it's like, I can't believe you couldn't get more. These guys are scouring phone lines every single seconds. The only thing that these guys are doing for the last four or five days. Now, I think what happens is that it's kind of a slap in the face in terms of the value of a player. It's hard for us to believe because we've watched Luke Weaver be so incredibly dominant and consistent this entire year out of the bullpen, but it just didn't seem like anybody really wanted them too badly. And I think in that case, again, like we said, it may have made sense to package some of these guys together as we talk about the returns for minto Rally and Brasbon here in a moment, but that's just the decisions they made for better or worse.
Speaker 2: So what can you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe just because of all the money owed to Weaver's gonna sound crazy, but like it was tough to package him because then when you package him together, it's actually kind of similar to the money that you knowed Derek Skouoble for the rest of the year. And there's not really anybody that was particular. It's that crazy as it sounds, interested in giving up a lot for him, and he's way better than anything the Mets would ever give up. So yeah, I guess the money did play a big part of it. And simister Forer like to talk about him as a prospect again, he's a traits guy. He's a mega mega trates guy. He is a really really good athlete. He is an unbelievably aggressive swinger, like doesn't really see many pitches he doesn't like, and he puts really good contact on the ball when he makes contact with it.
Speaker 2: Loud exit velos, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Loud exit filos. He is repeating high A this year. I think he's only twenty years old if I remember correctly.
Speaker 1: But in repeating twenty one year old year. But yeah, he's twenty, Yes he's No, he's twenty one and eight months. So this says, this is age twenty one season.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is age twenty one season. Then yes, next year's age twenty two season.
Speaker 3: We have another year for him on the rule five forty man clock where Jeffson Rojas needs to be added to the forty man at the end of this year. So I do think there's a chance he gets triple A reps by the end of the season, whether whatever position those may be yet.
Speaker 2: But Spoor was more.
Speaker 3: Of a contact hi there heading into the season. All of a sudden, I don't know what got into the guy because.
Speaker 2: He's ripping the ball all over the place.
Speaker 1: He just had like a fourteen home er month with pirates higher crazy, which I feel like because Greensboro's known as a hither friendly park in speak.
Speaker 3: Yes, so again, grain of salt. But he put the ball out of the ball part fourteen times in a month. His eggsit velocities over here I have that were courtesy of TJ Stats. He put them on Twitter when to five that second, everyone just tweeted so much stage so hard to scroll.
Speaker 2: Back and find these things.
Speaker 3: I forgot the bookmark as we were going through all the chaos. TJ Stats quick tierless of every team with the trade deadline.
Speaker 2: Nice, So who was he think? He's us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, little are smart to be doing tearless DJ so oh god, such a scroll right now find the Sammy Staffer. I believe it was a one oh seven ninety percentile eggs of velocity and like a forty seven percent hard hit rate this year at HIE, which are well above average at the level. And he has all of the tools to stick at shortstop long term. Those are all things that Stammy stafferr hass a powerful short stop which should be plus defender at the position.
Speaker 1: And the other thing to mention here too is that he is a big pulled fly ball in the air guy rarely hits the ball on the ground, and he pulls the ball in the air a ton, does a lot of damage. That's the kind of thing that you want to see from a prospect.
Speaker 2: That's the tool.
Speaker 1: Now, if we can sharpen up the approach and sharpen up the pitch select that's when you could really get a guy that all of a sudden just.
Speaker 2: Flies into a top one hundred prospect list.
Speaker 3: Yes, or he's someone with a very very low contact right that could completely flounder. It's like everything's in play for Sammy Stefer. There's high upside here and there's a floor. But I think when you looked at the market, he was frustrating to see other guys go for a lot and the Mets kicking in big money for Luke Weaver.
Speaker 1: Yes, big money. Eight million dollars is a lot of money to kick in.
Speaker 3: Like I tweeted when he came out, I was like, yeah, I can't love Sammy Suffer. I can't believe we're getting him, Like who else?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and our guy Justin did the meme of like the guy with the hands on the shoulders.
Speaker 2: Like that's it. But son, let me tell you, especially when we're giving money for Luke Weaver.
Speaker 3: He's only going to cost seven and a half million dollars for the Pirates for the rest of the season plus next.
Speaker 2: Season, which is really affordable. Next year, we're paying Luke Weaver like six million dollars to pitch against us, to compete against us because he's in the National League.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like, there could be a chance next year a lot would happen for the change, A lot would have to change for the Mets at this point.
Speaker 1: But there's also a chance next year that the Mets could trade for Luke Weaver from the Pirates. Yeah, take him back to stick right back the Mets souls for the Met souls to.
Speaker 2: The Pirates and the White Sox, which is kind of insane to say. Twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the White Sox took a guy with team control and the Pirates. I mean we did that to give them money if they're still paying some of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Sam Step for a fun prospect, a guy who, hopefully, with some you know, improvements to the approach and everything, Mets could get him as a top one hundred guy. Because now all the guys that we're mentioning again not top one hundred prospects, but guys who we hope at some point in the next year or two will find their way into these lists.
Speaker 5: It's the summertime, aj and this is a time to feel free wild make some phone calls that you're overdue for, and also get some deals that you should be getting that you deserve.
Speaker 6: It couldn't be any easier though. It's just one price for unlimited talk, text and data. It's really simple. It is one price for all the data and all the phone calls you could want per month.
Speaker 2: It's simple.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 5: All of mint mobiles plans are fifteen bucks a month, with the summer sale even unlimited. To get your new wireless plan for just fIF teen bucks a month, go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory to cut your wireless bill to fifteen dollars a month. That's it. There's no catch upfront payment of forty five dollars for three months, ninety dollars for six months, or one hundred eighty dollars for twelve months. Plan required fifteen bucks per month, equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes may slow when network is busy. Includes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device required availability, speed and coverage varies see mintmobile dot com.
Speaker 3: I finally found that stuff from Tjstat's one hundred and seven point five mile prower ninety percentilegs of lostity well above average, forty seven percent of our hit rate well above average, But that's coming only a seventy one percent zone contact at high A, which is really one of the lowest in the league. So again we there's probably a through line here to shoot for. Take some of the old contact, bring to some of the new power. Split the middle, but with him playing shortop and Mitch void and double a playing shortstop, guess gives some samy st for Brooklyn rest of the season. Tough place to Homer, tough place to Homer, a good place to learn how to hit. Also again mentioned lifelong Mets fan. The dude like has been dming me from for a minute now about the Mets, which is super funny, Like when we signed Sodo, he was pumped the Mets sign Sodo, so hopefully one day he gets to play alongside of him and he Funny enough, he was a Reds drafty right, Yes, Reds Draft. They gave him a few million dollars of what was commensurate of a first round bonus, and he went to the Pirates for Key Brian Hayes.
Speaker 2: Yes, which is kind of insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so crazy betrayed that often Pirates arbitrage Key Brian Hayes for Luke Weaver. Yeah, and again it's probably still like a top ten prospect of the Pirate system. I think a lot of people get obsessed with the rankings of the systems that they come from Yes, I don't know if that matters as much, but he's he's his stock is up this year. You can't say hitting a ton of homers puts your stock down.
Speaker 2: Never hurts you.
Speaker 1: To be one of the premier power hitters right now in high A ball as a twenty one year old, that's not going to be a problem ever.
Speaker 3: No, I think he's it's a good poll. I understand how people could feel underwhelmed for this for Luke Weaver because we've seen him. But we know that major league teams are never even looking at the r right, neverbod be considering it. And there's probably some teams who were scared off by the extra year didn't want to pay him. That's evidenced by the fact that the Mets got what a lot of people felt like it was an underwhelming return while kicking him money. It's just that that year probably did work against them in this trade market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unfortunately, and right now on pipeline Staffora comes in at number eleven on the Mets system. I am interested to see if, like when an update comes out, Truthfully, if he sticks there, I can't imagine that he will. I think he's gonna go a little bit higher. And then I'm seeing if Baseball America is updated this yet they have has to be number one. They have not yet, So Baseball America is not yet updated.
Speaker 3: Okay, sometimes let me see Fangrass for Fangrass updated yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean this is the top ten prospect of the met system. Yeah, he is for sure.
Speaker 3: And I guess we got good eggs and philosophies and we have good glove a short stops. That's enough to build on hope for Yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Should we talk about the next trade?
Speaker 1: Yes, Now we can probably start grouping some of these together. Now I want to just talk about the relievers that got moved. Yes, let's do Brooks Railey wasascor Broselebon together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And another one where you look here like Brooks Railey's been nails for us for years. Wow, we got a twenty three year old in.
Speaker 2: High A with five vra Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then John Spikerman, which elite name Mets Mets might win the name trade deadline this with this time because Bruno Bayani, we got Gary Gilhill, Gary gil Hill, we got John Spikerman. Those are absolutely elite names. Looks to be hopefully maybe a fourth or fifth outfielder in his career.
Speaker 3: Speedy centerfielder that comes off the bench with no power. I think the other player that got again that tongue in cheek, the single at pitch with the five yard Luke gambris. There's some flash there. He has starting pitcher's size. He's six three, two hundred. Even with the high ra he's got a twenty nine percent strikeout rate and a strike rate that's around the seventy fifth percentile in high A. That's above average, with above average zone rate and strike rate. Again, even though he has a high walk rate, he also had. He's just a sinker, dude, big time sinker. But he has the four seamer and he has the cover, and he throws two different kinds of sliders, a regular slider and then like a sweepier slider. Comes to five ish different pitches. Old for the level, but there's enough stuff here where I feel like the Mets are kind of hoping to build out, you know, a profile that we love with a really good sinker and sweeper.
Speaker 1: They believe you texted me that they think that maybe they can get Nolan McLean light.
Speaker 2: I mean, McLain was an older.
Speaker 3: I'm never gonna compare any of these guys to Nolan McLain, but in terms of a good sinker and a good sweeper to build off of seawells, you can put in that repertoire just to hope you get someone who's actually worthy of major league depth and to trade again for a rental reliever that you watch these guys pitch, it feels like they you should get much more for them, but he just you got no leverage of the deadline for a rental reliever, no whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And as everyone's trying to trade.
Speaker 1: Yet not at all, Spikerman comes in out on pipeline at number twenty eight for the Mets, which is kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: No Grabberish on here at all. Yes, fair, I mean grabbers.
Speaker 3: This is a stuff play that we hope winds up by next year. You see him in double ay, are like, oh, it's actually maybe he can mix it.
Speaker 1: And again back to the conversation, Spikerman athleticisms is one really good tool that stands out.
Speaker 2: Gaberish throws a ton of strikes, that's his tool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and throws a lot of strikes, and it looks like there could be sneaking into above average stuff.
Speaker 1: And then with Oascar Braswona, people were upset because why we trade Wasstcar Brozabon, who had all this control for a guy that might be a forty man guy on this roster might not ever make an appearance for the New York Mets and Zach Franklin, and then gave Davis, who was a college teammate.
Speaker 2: Of course, VEGIANL.
Speaker 1: McLean. They're like, I would have just rather kept Wasscar Brozabon, But I do think we have to remember Oscar Brossebon is gonna be thirty seven years old.
Speaker 2: He might've been thirty seven right now.
Speaker 1: Like how many more pitches does that guy have in the arm at an elite level?
Speaker 2: Truthfully, no, very much so.
Speaker 3: And this is actually one of the ones where I think the Mets did like kind of well, like this gave Davis. Davis is very very intriguing, Like you said, college teammate of Benja McClain, fifth round pick out of Oklahoma State last year. He touches one hundred and he's at six' nine with a change up that in DOUBLE a has a forty percent with Free, yeah give.
Speaker 2: Me that all.
Speaker 1: Day like if The mets Pitching lab is going to live up to the hype that they've given themselves by calling themselves the Pitching. Lab Gabe davis feels like a guy that you Like Eric jaegers would love to get his hands on and see what he could do.
Speaker 3: With we are always looking for these kind of traits of guys that we think we can dive. Well gary Kill hill was one of, those the kinds of pitches that you, throw the things that we think as an, organization The.
Speaker 2: Mets think they can.
Speaker 3: OPTIMIZE i Think gabris might have been that, too with the sinker in this sweeper with a fastball triangle Like Gabe, DAVIS i, MEAN i don't, know don't know as much about the pitch shapes because where he, was the level the data wasn't, there but upper nineties at six,' nine.
Speaker 2: It seems like two.
Speaker 3: Good pitches it's this is the kind OF guy i could See the mets having drafted when we just did our draft recap a few.
Speaker 1: Weeks, ago yes feels like someone that they liked the tools and that fits what the organization. Looks for as, you Said for Wasascar bros, obon again salute to.
Speaker 2: THOSE guys i hope they do really.
Speaker 1: Really, WELL well i Don't hope brooks really does that well For, the PHILLIES but I Hope woscar browsebon does great For The.
Speaker 3: White sox that part was frustrating that it was To the phillies and it didn't feel like there was as much of a, division, tax no especially when.
Speaker 1: We saw other teams getting crazy, division tacks especially because the one trade that really really really frustrated me and you was the Fact That dustin May And jojo romero got moved From the cardinals both on expiring contracts To the brewers FOR two i think dynamite top one, Hundred, prospects yeah.
Speaker 3: And two guys who were rising Fast And alexander Frios And.
Speaker 1: Josiah raxdale that was like the inflection for us where, we're Like is stern's too smart for his?
Speaker 2: Own good like are we getting into?
Speaker 3: That conversation it does feel like Sometimes the mets may think the whole FOR. OUR elpsm i think they are little smarter than. They are Like the ai story really really pushed. THAT home i think the way that how how aggressively they remade the entire roster's offseason would definitely push that, as well despite the fact that again you guys are gonna yell. Screaming us probably right decision to move on for half of.
Speaker 1: That, core probably, but yeah when you when you could totally telegraph the, ENTIRE league i need To Trade brandon nemo and the only Other Options, marcus simmi you probably just don't.
Speaker 2: Do it probably, Done, that yeah probably should have done. That one, but.
Speaker 3: Whatever digress all of those teams were sellers at the deadline. As well who pulled in all? Those guys but it was.
Speaker 1: You Tell me petere lonzad to Make The Oriols world. SERIES champions, i Mean the orlds.
Speaker 2: Did great Had the, ushman incredible he might have had one of the. Best deadlines but.
Speaker 3: It is just you're going to get super underwhelming returns when you're trading. Rental believers. It sucks but the nature of. The Game And, luke weaver even though he wasn't, a rental even though we think he's a really, GOOD reliever i think teams could see a right handed reliever who doesn't sit in the, upper nineties who gets still misses tons of bats in the zone even with, that fastball doesn't have a reliable, breaking ball even though we've gotten that color back to a, good place and they probably look at, you like here, you go this is we don't want to pay that. Next year we're worried About If luke weaver could be, Worth that like it just works, against. You Sadly gabe davis comes in at number twenty On the mets system right now ACCORDING To.
Speaker 2: Mlb pipeline it's just.
Speaker 1: We talk about it all too like the form system as a whole For a mets because we had so, many graduations a lot of guys have now, moved up and the bottom of this.
Speaker 3: Org was really, really weak and we also are in. A, SPOT okay i put these guys'.
Speaker 2: Names Together gabe davis Is A.
Speaker 3: Gabe Miller the mets also just haven't had a good year in their minor. League system they've had a lot of inopportune regression and injuries to guys who kind of made up the back end of our top, ten list and it may it's made look. Really ugly So this, METS system i think even from a trade deadline, Like this i'm sure it was ranked like, twenty eighth twenty ninth as of. Last week this probably makes you. Like, twentieth yeah probably just put the more middle of the, pack now something, like that and you kind of hope that towards the end of the season had a little tongue. In cheeksweet you KNOW how i love doing That About mitch voight having a really nice resurgence over the last, two MONTHS and i pulled The Old jeff.
Speaker 2: Willpunk quote it'd, be like, you Know like mitch.
Speaker 1: Voice resurgence that's kind of like getting a top one hundred prospect at the. Trade, deadline yeah.
Speaker 2: The best the best acquisition we could Get is jacob to grond.
Speaker 3: Being, healthy yeah but we had, INFIELDERS now i Mean this mets system was completely devoid of meaningful infielders in the, upper miners AND now i feel like we have a handful. Of them and that's better than we could have said a few, days ago which is if they were if we were just thought the goals they had heading, INTO this i think that would have been the.
Speaker 1: Key, one yes it's kind of, funny that like they're not the, same player but the archetype of like infielder High Level jet williams that we Lost In fredy peralta we got Back For.
Speaker 2: Clay holmes, YEAH.
Speaker 3: Right i mean even got Back For fredday peralta as we as we continue to learn more about the players in this teal and the Million P Trey gary Gil Hild aiden smith like. The stuff the data that keeps coming Out about patrick keeps getting better. And better it's a slow drip of because as a double, air you we don't, have that but there's reports that were sprinkled. OUT there a boy the one hundred eleven mile prior maxags of velosity with a ninety percent zone contact rate and twice AS many i mean we know twice as many walks his strikeouts while he's played second base and third base. Fairly WELL and i feel like he's a guy who could probably pick up outfield like he, to me we talked a Lot About pedro Amirs For. Freddie, peralta yes that is what this profile is as a late ish bloomer who can play around the diamond and a.
Speaker 1: LEFTY bat, I mean i think these are the exact positions that, he plays so that might have. Been it like we Can't Get, Pedro ameirez let's go get The Other paeder omeirez Who's.
Speaker 2: From, canada yeah.
Speaker 3: Padromeras a Switch hither he's two, years younger.
Speaker 2: But he's better.
Speaker 3: For, sure Yeah The pedro amirs probably played more baseball by the time he was Seventeen.
Speaker 2: Than minnea ptra played until like a sophomore year.
Speaker 1: Of college probably still hasn't played as much baseball As, Piedro omeraz he's From.
Speaker 2: Fucking canada he.
Speaker 3: Just he feels like he's going to become like a real time roster glue For this. Mets team like kind of the expectation would you Ever Hoped brett bady could have been as he moved around the diamond in. Util role THAT'S just i can hit, the, BALL harp i also make a ton, of Contact and i'm gonna play everyone and get a big hit.
Speaker 1: FOR you i feel like we also see some people getting excited About What gil hill could look like Under the mets pitching lab in, the system just because of how well he throws strikes.
Speaker 2: And that the pitches.
Speaker 1: Aren't good he's just he's missing that thing to actually get to another level, right now so Maybe the mets.
Speaker 2: Find, it yeah.
Speaker 3: He's another guy who is rule five o'clock for the man clock was up at the end of, The season So the mets are going to i think throw him straight into the. Upper minders i'm sure he goes Straight to binghamton and then you hope he contribute the big league level.
Speaker 2: Next Year And aidan smith is the.
Speaker 1: Other one he is someway on the rankings already for us because.
Speaker 3: He's one he gets kind of anchored on the On the. Randy, trade yeah On the randy trade and the fact that he had big time prospect buzz a few, years ago like when he got Traded For Randy rose rain and he was IN low a with, wicked tools who was hitting the, ball hard. Running fast and he's still an. A, BALL yes i ain't now not hitting, very well, but again just something you can.
Speaker 2: Hope, FOR yeah I think i think we understold him a bit on the. Last, podcast truthfully he, probably did but all LIKE we i think we're, Being.
Speaker 1: Realistic yeah trying to be at least he, means again he has MORE power i think than we gave him. Credit, for yes so twenty two year old isn't high a just you could pretend.
Speaker 2: You went to college for the. Last one that's pretty. Much, it yeah.
Speaker 3: That's it that's again he wasn't acclimating really well. This season, next year next, full season they're try high a see what.
Speaker 1: We got but, Uh Yeah BILLY amick i think has been doing okay so.
Speaker 2: Far in his like very very very small sample With the Mets, in binghamton so good. For that and then one of the.
Speaker 1: Weird TRADES that i actually kind of like, a Lot the mets, traded Wait the dodgers had got, Another Catcher the dodgers Trade For, ben ROURTVETT who's i think flown between every single smart major. League organization and then Somehow the mets over the last few years and We got. Chase McDermott who. Chase McDermott i'm not selling him as like to Is, LIKE wow i can't believe we, got him but. He is he's a quad, a PITCHER and i Think the mets we're gonna see him at the major league level at, some point and they're gonna give, HIM opportunity.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: To start today's episode is sponsored BY The Aspca Pet Health. Insurance. Program kratz we love, our pups.
Speaker 2: We DO and i Can't put bella in. A bubble so you Know what. I'll do i'll do the next best thing, for her.
Speaker 5: That's RIGHT The Aspca Pet health insurance program offers customizable accident and illness plans that can fit, your budget, your lifestyle and even your pets. PARTICULAR Quirks Aspca Pet health insurance has been around for almost thirty years and has covered over one. Million pets and when it's time to submit, a claim. It's easy just use their app and receive reimbursement FOR eligible vet bills directly into your, bank account so you can get back to focusing on what, really matters and that's. Your pet to, explore COVERAGE Visit Aspca pet insurance dot com. Slash FAUL That's Aspca pet insurance. Dot com slash foul again one. MORE Time Aspca pet Insurance dot com. Slash foul this is a. Paid advertisement insurance is underwritten By Either Independence American insurance Company Or United States Fire insurance company and PRODUCED By Ptz Insurance. Agency LIMITED the aspca is not an insured and is not engaged in the business.
Speaker 2: Of, INSURANCE yeah i think. So too YOU think i think? They should ye might?
Speaker 1: As well else is there going To be mcdermot's just flashed in the past as a guy that could really spin.
Speaker 3: The ball he just cannot. Throw, strikes YES and i mean when that trade was broken, to us my first Reaction Was ben rofitz On.
Speaker 2: THE mets i, DO yeah I mean i had.
Speaker 1: No, CLUE also i did not realize he has not made any starts since, last year so maybe he will not.
Speaker 2: Be, STARTING no i think he's going to be here to be. A BELIEVER but i thought that he had had some starts.
Speaker 1: This season now they basically since he Left, the orioles he's.
Speaker 2: Not started it's a.
Speaker 3: Guy that is going to, be again has plus pitches but can't throw them in, the strikes tons.
Speaker 2: Of strikeouts what he, Does, though yes that's fine.
Speaker 3: With, us again he's he's got, a fastball hits up to, ninety six, ninety seven, Ninety eight it's got good lift, on it it's a, good shape. A slither there was a split. NOW too i think that's a new thing in the last.
Speaker 2: Few years it's like he's just Feel Like.
Speaker 3: READ garrett i mean, HE'S also i mean he's Bigger Than red. Garrett was regatt was a.
Speaker 2: Small guy he's what mcdermot's six. To three how Big Is?
Speaker 3: READ garrett i Feel like rigatt was LIKE a a six.
Speaker 1: Six nothing oh really bad. My, mistake yeah, SIMILAR orcs, I, Think. Orioles dodgers let's LET'S do readgett one more. Time again it's just to.
Speaker 3: Like zoom out and look at all this together for. A Moment, it's yeah it's hard to leave a trade deadline as a seller and really feel like you did a, good job because, by nature you're a loser when you're when you're selling the, trade deadline your team is your, team sticks and if you actually had good players the other, teams wanted you probably be losing so. Many, Games, no like it's it's very difficult to be a seller and have good smash like you have guys that are going to bring you back, a ton which is why whatever it does happen is. So rare and that's also why when you see Like An adlie rushman get moved, for that, you're like, Holy shit Like the mets had nothing that.
Speaker 2: Could have gotten a package back.
Speaker 3: Like, that No and i'm sure they got big Calls On. Francisco averres i'm sure it wasn't to the same Level as adlie Because at lee is a former number one overall pick who's hitting better again this year's one the best defensive catcher in the league to switch hither like there's there's not really a Whole In adlie. BRUSHMAN'S game i still think They The RED sox, i overpayeled even if it's the.
Speaker 2: Word for what.
Speaker 1: They did but we saw a lot of these other catchers not. Get Moved If townas stevenson is still On, The Rets jerian jeffers is still On.
Speaker 2: The twins at Least the twins bought they're in the playoff race. Like that at Least Kept. Victor carrottini they kept their backup. Catcher too so.
Speaker 1: Did the mets guarantee you got? The, contract yeah they probably could have got a ship. For him and Apparently the mets got Calls.
Speaker 2: In torenz and they said he, wasn't available which. IS interesting i guess they just really.
Speaker 3: Like, Him yeah AND again i think it's it really gets lost on us. A lot but the money is such a bigger deal than we realize all the time for these teams at the, trade deadline you can see it when a Guy Like Louis robert junior does not, get traded not even, for anything, for nothing nothing.
Speaker 2: At all it's Just The.
Speaker 1: Louis robert junior gets. TO play i get to see him play fifty more games For. The mets i'm so excited as we're gonna be doing With the rotissary chickens the city field the last Week, of august first Week. Of, September god i'm so a rotissary chicken and Washing lou bob play a little.
Speaker 2: Center field. Can't wait but that's just what.
Speaker 3: This is and that's also why you see trades out there Where the mets get significantly More For freddie Pralton Than.
Speaker 2: Kevin, gosman yes because of.
Speaker 3: The Money kevin, cosman is oh with like three times the amount of MONEY and i gain it's. Not Much freddy pelton is just only owed like two mil for the rest of, the Season and gosman's on twenty four million. Dollar salaries it was probably old like seven. Ish like that's just how that kind of. Goes down Same With, clay holmes who's only going to be owed like three ish million the rest of, the year two and a. Half million until you get the better piece of, these guys. It's shitty that's how. THAT works i think it's also worked Against The red sox because if you guys were keeping up With the Deadliner watching MARK and, i stream you saw that the trade got leaked at eleven am and then it. Got stuck they were hackling over the finals, the Medicals Apparently john henry, was involved and then when the trade officially got, leaked out they haven't seen what the actual. Dollars was cash considerations was included From the orioles To The. Red sox and we All watched moneyball for all the parts of. That movie that kind of miss miss what actually happened in the eight season specifically. That year still, great movie still a, great movie love it. Every time but when these internal managers have to go to, their owners their owners don't want to increase their budget, mid season that's a. DIFFICULT conversation a lot of times you can't really. Do that so it's much easier to do that with less money rather than more.
Speaker 2: Of, it yes And the braves. Did Nothing the braves.
Speaker 1: Did nothing and also, shout out my, Fucking boy Jacob, de gram that's. My guy we're gonna start running with. This narrative Jacob de, GRAM said i don't want to. Be traded i'm gonna make that narrative That the braves had a trade in Place for ja de Gram and Jacob de, GRAMM said i don't want to go play For The, atlanta braves so always bleeds orange. And blue All you mets fans out there that were giving him shit about Going to texas and all, this stuff when we Know the mets didn't give him enough money and it probably still wasn't a good contract to even give.
Speaker 2: To him he had the opportunity to go To the braves and, HE said i won't.
Speaker 1: Do it that's, my guy, We think so That's what i'm. Going, with possibly That's what. I'm believing We'll take we'll take that to. The, grave also like just to go through the characters of, the deadline great QUOTE From aj, preller here we're trying. To win we don't apologize. For it we're trying to, win championships trying to get to. The postseason we want to do that year. After year more teams need to try. And win that's the biggest Problem With Major league baseball.
Speaker 2: Right now that is something to Happen with. Preslo today like he did, go in he went, all in like he, Pushed CHIPS.
Speaker 1: Like i think it was, an overpay but. Who cares he's trying to Win A world series. This year that is a move because you want to Be A world, series team you think that you have a shot to be the best team In The.
Speaker 2: AMERICAN league i.
Speaker 1: Respect the thought process behind it for as MUCH as i.
Speaker 3: Dog him just respect the level of aggressiveness that a lot of the other executives.
Speaker 2: Don't show as we're in this and you CAN'T get, I mean i just teams had kill shots and they didn't go.
Speaker 1: For, him no a lot of. TEAMS did i think that's like a team Like. The brewers, loser, deadline loser. Loser deadline what's really funny? RIGHT now i guess to kind of put a bow on This whole mets trade. DEADLINE conversation i Think the mets currently have twenty one players on the. Active roster i'm going through it. Right now WE have i don't Know Who bryce. Conley is who is isn't even leader From the marlins orc, no clue but we've.
Speaker 2: Got, one, two, three. Four eight we have nine.
Speaker 1: Guys on the, active roster Ten Including jeffery on because he's been. Called Up mike king love to. See that so we have to add three more pitchers. Right now That's If robert stock doesn't get, sent down so at least three.
Speaker 2: MORE pictures i Don't believe stock has. ANOTHER options i think that. He's up, he's, Up okay so we have to add three.
Speaker 1: More pitchers and then we, have, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, an, eight, nine, ten eleven. Twelve hitters so we got to, add four four or FIVE players i think to.
Speaker 3: THIS roster i think one of them will be the other piece Of The wasasco. Brasbond Trade. Zach franklin he needs his forty man decision. A sap he's already IN. Triple a he's got good, pitch shapes but he gets. Lit up so maybe we could find a way to optimize sub sequencing something that goes. On there he probably gets a look. A, Sap yeah i'm.
Speaker 2: Trying to look At the mets forty man right now And.
Speaker 1: See chase mc dermott might as Well get chase mcdermot's probably gonna get pulled up. THERE too, I Mean tobias myers will get to, LOOK again i guess pictorrow who.
Speaker 2: Even, knows oh that's a huge mosquito that got. In here mosquito still out how to. Get out? Nailed him nice. Dead dead you're gonna get a bite on. Your hand now your palm's gonna.
Speaker 1: Get itchy that's, all right got them, This fucker look at, this fucker nice to.
Speaker 2: Zoomed in, All right oh. That's huge what? The hell let's have four captures on their forty man? Right now just like? Too many probably.
Speaker 3: Too Many dylan ross will get a shot at. Some point we'll see if he can throw strikes the major. Legue level pintaro probably get some More extended, Look now.
Speaker 2: Morbido probably gets called, up right he's probably, the.
Speaker 3: Hitter Probably For, TYRONE taylor. I. ASSUME so i MEAN WE Dfa M, jim melendez. My dog we couldn't make.
Speaker 2: It happen did you see? His, posts yes, HE'S like I wish i could have? Done more? Is it you KNOW what i brought the. SAME thing i wish you could have done.
Speaker 1: More Too The freddie perolta quote though from eighteen after, the game that.
Speaker 2: WAS crazy i think read between. The Lines freddy pearulta ain't got.
Speaker 3: THAT dog, i mean we'll see what happens this postseason with.
Speaker 1: The race it just seemed like being given the pressure of being an ace in a market that was. Expecting winning literally from the second that he got announced as being traded to.
Speaker 2: The team seems like it might Have Affected freddie.
Speaker 1: Parulta MENTALLY and i think the noise could have gotten to, him possibly which.
Speaker 2: Hand up that's also, our fault. Our noise we.
Speaker 3: Were noisy he mentioned specifically a few times in a lot of different media availabilities he was brought to do a job he.
Speaker 2: Couldn't, do yes that's a.
Speaker 3: Weird Thing And lance Pratowski And nick pollock at a Good Shout the rays love right on right.
Speaker 2: Change UPS so i think he's just gonna start doing. Those more there. You, go yeah he's probably gonna throw. It more let see.
Speaker 3: Who Else nate lavener's gonna a look at, some point we can't, have it might get. Another, one yeah they have just still. Hanging out, he's, actually dude He got rule. Five returns i'm not.
Speaker 1: EVEN kidding i think McDermott just got add to the forty Man while i've been on. The, website yes he's on this, roster now how'd? That Happen anthony como says any late break. UP dates i like that there's no. Game tonight we can just kind of basket this. Trade deadline let this whole thing resett get. To Work david stearns on Why the mets held On To Luis. Robert jr is the possibility of what he could do for us in the second half for odd the understanding if there is a club option and the excitement is still having him here.
Speaker 2: For the next two months of. This season that's not true.
Speaker 1: At all that says no one wanted Him And steve cohen didn't want to pay down enough for someone to. Take him That Was david stearns, being, like oh do you guys want me to say nobody wants the?
Speaker 2: Fucking?
Speaker 3: Guy, yeah right you want me to be mean? RIGHT now i, also like it still feels weird.
Speaker 2: To me that we kicked in Money For.
Speaker 1: Luke, weaver yeah but now when YOU when i say it, out loud don't you think that if people weren't gonna pay the money that was owed To terror schouble to become Possibly A world Series team, brewers braves all those nobody in the fucking world's gonna Pay For.
Speaker 3: Luke, Weaver definitely and also that's Consideration of mets fans been like we could just not. TRADE him i think that probably, came UP but i think one of the reasons why other teams didn't want that money is the same reason Maybe the mets wanted to strike while the, iron's hot.
Speaker 2: Because we don't know what's going on with these relievers year of. The, year no, And honest clue.
Speaker 1: Can't give you a, really crazy crazy TEN thousand iq play. Love that it's got to lose some games so we don't get that draft. Pick penalty met's got.
Speaker 2: Some games You Have. Luke weaver he helps, you Win and mets really have to ethically tank at this point.
Speaker 3: This season i'm never gonna roof for the team, To lose But the mets have a really really big advantage to having one of the four worst records.
Speaker 1: In, baseball yes it would, be massive especially because this draft class.
Speaker 2: Is loaded at.
Speaker 3: The, top yeah it's a huge chance for us to actually have a real bonus pool for a draft or get a real blue chipper Of.
Speaker 2: The, systs man that's might be some of. The two we just gotta get off.
Speaker 3: This guy that's another reason why every other team has crazy leverage on you when.
Speaker 2: Doing, that YEAH and I can't i fucking said the. Whole time we're not going Shit For luke weaver because that fucking extra year We Got.
Speaker 1: Sammy stefora that's that's ship. Right, there no sam sfour. Is good i'm excour to.
Speaker 3: Come through i'm saying that's the Trade that mets fans in general were the most frustrated balt and then that's that's why we're Gonna Have sammy stefara On The messed up podcast and he's gonna tell everyone why they got The Big samy.
Speaker 2: Stafara fans, DAMN right i got a feeling he's got, big personality huge Firsts In. New yorker of course. He, does yeah, but uh. That's it thank you guys, For listening thank you For Watching. Mets up should we Preview the? Guardian? Series fuck you got? Me something why It's thirty we're thirty five. Minutes in. We're done whatever you want to talk About the?
Speaker 1: Guardian, series yeah WE got i feel like if we don't do the things we do, EVERY episode I just i.
Speaker 2: Feel constipated, all, right fine, give me give me who's pitching In the. Guardian, SERIES cheez i gotta keep the. Pitching matches you Know this this is for. The people this is For the mets. Stuff sickos That's what i'm saying. Right now you guys are with this for so this is for. The audio this is for the. Audio folks this.
Speaker 3: Is funny got Left off, tuesday night six six for, THE games, i remember. Six Forty the guardians play their home games. Half hour make sure you'll miss the first. Few winnings everyone's actually still gonna watch this.
Speaker 2: GAME now i love watching. This, Team, now yeah this, is funny this is this is fun, baseball now this is.
Speaker 1: Sicko stuff Sean, And Iver Joey cantillo wednesday, Six Forty christian scott Versus It's slay, chaconey NOW but i think that might wind Up Being.
Speaker 2: Foster griffin.
Speaker 3: That's crazy and Then, Nice, Thursday, mattinee, Nolan, McLain tanner.
Speaker 2: Biby, good pitching, good pitching, right there a lot. Of spin i' spin.
Speaker 1: That series guards bought, the Deadline Got joe, Adell Got, nathaniel Lowe Got. Foster griffin fun deadline For, the guards fun deadline, for them exactly how you expect a team that doesn't spend money to.
Speaker 2: Do, it yeah that's it now that's it you guys. For, Listening Wait, Frankie peppers, oh yeah we.
Speaker 1: Got different We asked frankie on the stream Shout out, frankie again. Too kind don't need to do, that ever but We asked frankie to send us a message about the.
Speaker 2: Trade DEADLINE so i hope you heard that and.
Speaker 3: DID no, I Think i'm i'm sure. We did he was in the stream, with us just.
Speaker 2: Making sure. Yeaes ss frankie sent a voice of course. HE did i can't wait to, WATCH code i saying we got Too. From frankie you want to? Go double we.
Speaker 3: Got to so he sent one. Yesterday too we just didn't do. A podcast just do just do the.
Speaker 1: Newest one just do the. Newest ONE because i think he probably. Repeats, himself, yeah Probably.
Speaker 2: HERE'S franky.
Speaker 4: I do pretty pleased with this. Trade deadline thank you for, a good uh really fun life streaming episode of your wind.
Speaker 7: UP show i really.
Speaker 4: Enjoyed that it was a nice way to not work for.
Speaker 1: Three.
Speaker 4: Hours nice i'm really excited to see what happens with these, new prospects especially This This Sammy stephori kid nine new prospects at our top thirty we get a, top hundred, we bundled we did everything the. Right way it's never fun to have, to SELL but i can't complain. TOO much I suppose i don't come to me for. PROSPECT analysis i can't, Do That so i'll just say PREEMPTIVELY that i Agree with james and everything he said because he's. The prospect he's. THE prospect i can right the, what boys, Take care let's. Go mental talk to.
Speaker 2: You soon it's. So, funny yeah, Thanks. You frankie appreciate.
Speaker 1: That, One, YEAH frankie I mean i'll talk to you another time about that.
Speaker 2: Those comments by getting This now. I'M kidding i know what, You.
Speaker 1: Mean frankie, AND yeah i think he said it best never fun to uh be, the sellers but hopefully we at least made.
Speaker 2: It fun for you here over on. Mets up That's what. I'm saying when, you sell. You suck you're.
Speaker 3: A loser so you if you can, do anything scratch and claw your whit to LIKE a C plus.
Speaker 2: B MINUS like i think the. Mets did, it's fine and now.
Speaker 1: We're done subscribe to the met who almost did the. Wine up subscribe to metst up over. On YouTube if you're LISTENING To Us, Apple, Podcast spotify google drops, a ring drops, a review download. And subscribe Go follow james on social Media At.
Speaker 2: James shianna I'm. Draftnick mark we'll catch you guys on the. Next one, peace out.
Speaker 8: Peace guys Let's go mets then.
Speaker 7: Then then.
Speaker 4: The.
Speaker 7: Other s