Speaker 1: The volume, he.
Speaker 2: Tells me, and man, that's crazy, bro, Like I literally coached that boy. I keep saying boy because he was a young kid. When he was he was so cold in high school as a receiver. I felt like he should have played receiver when he oh, when I tell you, he put his foot in the ground and stop on Ferrari breaks. He had Ferrari breaks. His feet are like unbelievable talent. Always been a hot head because he was small, and so yeah, man, he should be in the league. I hope he gets back in the league. But you know what I want to talk about. I was thinking about I should have brought Jack in on this, but he probably too young for this. I'm looking at how we started the show and it was like, we're gonna touch on football, relationship, this and that. I wanted to talk about this because I'm married. I've been married now, Damn, that's fucked up. Twenty years about to be twenty one years, right, actually twenty one years in two days. It's gonna be my anniversary and I'm gonna be doing this shit. Pray for you, bro, pray for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's so.
Speaker 2: But I got married young when I was into this my going into my fourth year in the league. Let me ask you this, because you got married. Were you in the league or you were on.
Speaker 3: Your way releague as in my eight season.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's talk about getting in a relationship while in the league or at the tail end or out of the league. Your preference why you just didn't meet her while you were in the league or you wanted to kind of get it out of your system.
Speaker 3: I think you know where I'm going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I feel like early on in the league you gotta definitely be locked in and taped in as to like, you know who am I around like and protecting yourself if you're gonna go that route, because there's women that's gonna you know, that might line you up, that might see you as a bag, that might see you as an opportunity. I've gotta touch you walk, bro. Isn't that like that isn't that hard?
Speaker 2: Like you meet somebody and you'd be like shit, like as a like, shit, I look good, I got this paper, but damn it, she really fucking with your boy because of what I have? Or is it like it's that element to it.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's why you gotta go out your way.
Speaker 1: Like for me, I was like, we're not really doing the flashy ship up front, like our first we go on to date, we go on a walk, We're gonna we get in a coffee, like I'm trying to see like you and your natural element and I'm trying to see if you walk with me because I ain't gonna be on on no flashy shit for real.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm a damn almish.
Speaker 2: We had some women on this ship to see what they would They would all say, oh yeah, I would like that ship.
Speaker 3: And then as soon as you call it homegirl, Hey girl.
Speaker 2: Can you believe this motherfucker took me on a walk? We just went on a walk, Like do you like?
Speaker 3: How is? Like?
Speaker 1: How would that He's gonna go to the steakhouse from day one?
Speaker 3: That's already kind of putting the red flag and play for me, Like.
Speaker 2: But if they know, if they know you got money, man, they gonna go with two a three walks with you.
Speaker 3: They ain't trip.
Speaker 2: If they know you got money, they gonna take two or three walks with you. Said you want to go on a fourth from this corner for you, We'll see if they got the patients. We'll see they got the patients to really see this process out the right way. Me and so did that play a party in you saying yeah, when I when I really get serious and locked in on relationship I wanted.
Speaker 1: To be towards the end of my career, Yeah, for sure, and definitely making sure Like you know, at the time when I did get married, it was like I ain't got to worry about you know, she had her own money, she had her own motion, you know, solid person like, so at the time, that shit was the right match for me and what I was looking for at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've all because I tell a lot of players now like it's tough.
Speaker 3: Your rookie year was.
Speaker 2: Sixteen or fifteen, okay, Like we didn't have social media my rookie year, so it's so different now everything is so accessible. I actually just got on, well I've been on social media now, but I think I got on. Chad actually started my page. I wonder it's his ass listening to this shit tonight. Where's the Cincinnati I think it was like twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: He was like, hey, man, get get on this.
Speaker 2: Literally grab my phone and started my Instagram page for me, but we didn't have that. Everything wasn't as accessible. You know, dudes be in a locker room when them dudes not this dude Smooth magazine. You know, they they flipping, they flipping through the pages. Now you just get on your phone and you send them a DM. But I'm telling the younger guys like you gotta make sure because she know who you are, she with you for you. Do you theay early or do you wait till the end? Either way, it's always gonna be that question of I don't care how you think you look.
Speaker 3: Damn, do she really want me for me? Or do she want me for what I got?
Speaker 2: Because we don't know how many dudes on your team ugly in a bit but they got a bad little lady. Hey, hey, dude, be ugly or they need as hell.
Speaker 3: Bruh.
Speaker 2: It's always about three or four of them dudes on every team got a bad one with them, but they look like the bottomer you already know they an.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I've always I tell.
Speaker 2: Guys that man like there's no there's no there's no right answer, Like if you meet somebody early on and you don't know what her intentions are and you got that paper like that, you gotta sign prenup. And if you wait, you gotta signed prenup. But if you meet to me, if you meet her early before you like I met my wife when I hadn't had nothing. I wasn't no lot to play in the league. So you was with me when I was broke. I mean, I had a child before I got to the league, and so my situation was different. But now you gotta protect yourself cause you just never know. So that was our football and relationship talk because I just want to talk about that because that's a topic that comes up a lot, at least with the guys that I'm around on the field when we train in Like, hey, what you think about the A It's hard you don't know. I don't know their intention, but I know these intentions.
Speaker 3: Did you see that the arbitrator who.
Speaker 2: Said that the NFL colluded at let's bring the people in on what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: So y'all recall Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 2: Deshaun Watson signed guarantee contract two hundred and thirty million, fully guaranteed. So Lamar Jackson says, shit, I'm balling. I'm trying to get a fully guaranteed contract. The Ravens didn't want to give it toween They basically let Lamar Jackson put himself on the market, nobody offering Madillon. At the time the Falcons had nothing. Everybody was like, damn, the Falcons ain't gonna go after Lamar. Come to find out the NFL colluded. Basically, we ain't gonna get over. We're gonna try to keep the costs down. It's gonna benefit everybody. What are you I'm not I know you not surprised, but man, what's your thoughts on the arbitrator basically saying, yeah, they colluded?
Speaker 3: Like why is it?
Speaker 1: Like how do they get away for three years with this shit under the table? It's crazy, Like like you said, it ain't shocking me for real, because it's like there's never a moment where the owners are getting together, like how can we give the players more money? That ain't never been the case. You get all them cbas all them, Like the owners ain't never even trying to go fifty fifty. They want fifty four. They want fifty five. Like they are not interested in the player's pockets for real at all. They trying to get the bang for their buck as cheap as they can get you. So it don't really surprise me. But it's like, damn, like they can just get away with this shit, Like what's the quality of these investigations?
Speaker 3: Like who was who was the motherfucker that came out and gave the report that they didn't colude.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out it's been done for three years. Why are we just now hearing about this, Like nobody in the NFL set a word. Nobody in the nfl PA set a word. JC Chotter, you were the president of the players Union. You're privy to all all this information. I was a player rep for many, many, many years. I'm just curious as to why nobody said a word. And there's an answer to the why. I don't know it. Only the people want to know know why. And that that it's crazy because we owe. Everybody wants to win. You're the owner, you want to win. I'm the owner. I want to win, but I want to win and make sure we can keep the costs down. That that is surprising that it didn't come out sooner. If any sport needs and deserves a guaranteed contract, this football, it's us because when you retire, you don't feel shit for about at least me. I didn't feel none for probably five six years after I retired.
Speaker 3: I'm like shit, I could still play and then and then as shitty hit me.
Speaker 2: You get up, you'd be like fuck my back hurt like like I don't think people understand, Like I'm like you, I didn't have any major surgeries, but how many can cuss you to have? At least a hundred? I don'e have probably an.
Speaker 3: Them smaller ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're back and and so yeah, it's unfortunate they got They gonna have to figure that out.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't fathom for three years that they kept something like that.
Speaker 1: Man Today's World, that just like any other news lineor narrative, that that in three days, people just forget about that ship and keep on going.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, keep on going. Now.
Speaker 2: They had the Fanatics Fest. I believe was it this past weekend. I believe it was so. Cam Jordan was a He did a little interview when they asked him like, what do you wish.
Speaker 3: You could change?
Speaker 2: And I actually agree with him, bro, I really do, And I wouldn't a guy that celebrated.
Speaker 3: I talked shit.
Speaker 2: But like guys getting fine for excessive celebration, we play a child's game.
Speaker 3: Let us have fun.
Speaker 2: Now if it gets to the violent celebrations, I don't agree with that is you don't want the kids doing that.
Speaker 3: But bro, let us have fun.
Speaker 2: Even like you, I should be able to make a big play in get in your face, shut your pump.
Speaker 3: You can't fuck with me.
Speaker 2: I should be able to say that if I do that in your face fifteen yard our sportsman like penoty. If I say that to you and you can't control yourself without hitting me, that's on you. That YEAHA and so I agree with him. Let us have fun, let us celebrate, let us talk shit to each other because we're not gonna cross the line.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: It's a fifteen yard penalty number two. Bro, they done got real ridiculous with this too. Bro, you get a un sportsman like they finding you twenty five grand. Now, when I was playing you get on sports point, it was just a penalty. Now you getting followed like twenty five K. So God's ain't gonna do it. So would you like to see that prop back into the game.
Speaker 3: Was just tossing that bro Chill, Well, what you.
Speaker 1: Think about because I think at the core of it, for people to think the celebrations are excessive, they don't appreciate how hard it is to play the game, how hard it is to score, to make a big play, and like how on edge you gotta be just to play football, Like you gotta be wired, you got to have a screw lose to go out there and just be getting in car collisions every single week.
Speaker 3: And you want this adrenaline.
Speaker 1: You want us to go to war and be out there and and you want us to entertain you. But it's like you don't appreciate what you're even in it being entertained by. If you think the celebration is excessive, No, it's an expression of passion. Like these players were making They feeding families, they feeding generations, They putting our team, our city on the map. Like it's so much that is going into us making them plays for you to see us celebrating what we're doing. And when we put so much time into as excessive, I think that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, like, no violence, take the violence out of it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, as long as you can get the violence celebrations out and or the conferenate, Like if I get in your face and you know that's not gonna be a penalty, you not gonna retaliate cause you know, okay, there's no taln penalties. I just feel like, let us play the game, let us have fun. I mean Chad, And you know I don't call Chad oh cho because you know he was Chad.
Speaker 3: Chad.
Speaker 2: They old Chad, give you all the spawn money back. He was fund so much just for regular celebrations. Now it's so Hey, So I'm with Cam Jordan on that George Kittle, he says, you know he just re upped you. Probably was like, damn, I should have played like two more years. See I got the baggie. But the money they paying these boys now. And so somebody acts and they said, hey, you just got paid. What was your favorite thing when you got when you just signed this deal. Jordan's Oh, he just like did some stuff for his house, basically splurged on his house. When you got paid. What what'd you splurge on? What was your big purchase?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: First off, I've been to George crib in Nashville when I went to the last time in you his crib is cold bro it's out there, like took the way like.
Speaker 2: It's colder now because he said he expanded it with this.
Speaker 3: Brand, this crib cold.
Speaker 1: They got the whole like weight room in this big ass barn they got, he got the field out there.
Speaker 3: I think they said it more. We got a flagpole like he really he got.
Speaker 2: He got a full football field, a full weight room like damn mirror, got a lake and he can go hunt and fish in its own property.
Speaker 3: You really tricked that out. And it's like he is solid, dude.
Speaker 1: Him and his wife are real solid people, like they they real welcome in and like they really like are about just getting able, they home straight and making sure that they have welcoming people in taking care of people. But for me, bro, you gotta think like when I signed for a bag, like that's my second contract. Sixteen months before that, I was working at Sprouse Farmers Market. So like I'm like my life had been humble to the point where I'm like, I'm not even really I don't really spend money on nothing, Like I ain't buy shit for real, Like I think I made.
Speaker 2: How bruh, that's how I am.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm like.
Speaker 2: I grew up with nothing. My first paycheck in my life. What's from the NFL. That's the first paycheck I ever got in my life when I got drafted.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, I'm not I'm cheap. I'm cheap.
Speaker 2: I ain't spending no money. I don't want to spend no money. Like I signed my deal and people like, what you what you're doing when you sign your deal? Nothing shit, I'm going to stay. It's what I'm gonna do and work, get up and go work out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't. It was no big purchase. Uh.
Speaker 2: At the time, I had two kids. Now I got four. But no, no, no, no, uh uh I did. I mean I bought a house that same with me, better house, that's the way down on the land.
Speaker 3: Bought the crib.
Speaker 1: I knew like the way Vegas is growing, like my equ we already doubled on the cribs.
Speaker 3: That's the only reason I went and did that.
Speaker 1: But if I was just blocked going going hand on the crib like I wasn't just gonna do it just for the fuck with.
Speaker 3: Me, You ain't got no I went and bought this car. I went't got this jury. I ain't do none of that.
Speaker 2: You've been keeping up with the Tyreek Hill, Noelloles stuff.
Speaker 3: I have seen it. I have seen him going back and forth. Nore Llowles seems pretty petty. They not racing.
Speaker 2: Nor Llowles come out and say some stuff has come up me and Tyreek Hill not gonna race. I got an opinion, like I actually think, if anything under fifty, I got Tyreek Hill, fifty and under Tyreek Hill winning, that's me.
Speaker 3: That's what I believe. He out the more fucking gates.
Speaker 2: Anything above fifty he losing because Tyreek Hill just ran ten to one about two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: And the dude that he beat be on.
Speaker 2: The track when I be taking my son to the track and buddy as fast as fuck, and Tyreek Hill beating but running a ten to one and you racing somebody that's running in the nines consistently, it's a no go.
Speaker 3: And also Tyreek.
Speaker 2: Hill probably about one hundred and ninety five pounds he was gonna run. He probably need to be about one seventy five. You can't lose that weight right before training camp. But I'm taking Tyreek kill. If it's fifty and under fifty and under, I got Tyreek Anything above fifty I got no allows because Tyreek Hill is zero to one hundred.
Speaker 3: He out of there.
Speaker 1: Yes, stride, that's stride take over once you get longer into the race.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and that top end speed is old like, no allows gonna come get him.
Speaker 1: Them corners be ten yards off of Tyreek Hill. They be running for the hills. He running the hits brou And you know who is I show speed? You know who that is. I don't know too much about him. I do know he's like a streamer and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So he just raced. He raised some big buff dude. I've seen it on social media, and so I guess now Tyreek kill want to race him. And I'm like, that'd be interesting because Buddy looked like he looked like he got burns. Did the I steed dude look like he got burners, look like he get I'm taking Tyreek Hill? Was the fast though, I don't know if the buff du fast. I don't know that. Hey, we don't even know buck dude. I don't know his name. I just know he's swall. He raised a linebacker out there. But Buddy was running though. Why he lose a little bit of that muscle, he'd be a little more fluid. But tyreek Hill said he want to race speed. That that'd be interesting. Both smaller dudes compact real explosives. That'd be interesting. But tyreek Hill, you can't chance it. Now, you about a month out of training camp. You can't chance yourself blowing the gas and trying to prove a point to these dudes. Uh that that's that's gonna be interesting. Now, let'st before we wrap this up here in the next half hour. Did you ever have a quarterback controversy or any team you're own?
Speaker 1: No, well, I guess maybe when I was on the Giants my last year. Uh well, now it was just injuries for real. But when I was on a practice squad with the Ravens my last year there, twenty eighteen was Lamar Jackson's rookie year.
Speaker 3: Oh with Flack.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, and I think Flack I heard his back one game and Lamar Jackson hopped.
Speaker 3: In that mug and it was.
Speaker 2: Curtains if you because Jerry Judy played for the Cleveland brown saying, man, it's real difficult with this four way battle for cour there ain't enough reps.
Speaker 3: I don't think people understand. Man, Like.
Speaker 2: A practice you go team, and that's gonna be run plays and pass plays. You're gonna do twelve of them. You'll do twelve plays and team. The majority of the time, the ones are getting seven or eight of them twelve. The two's gonna get the rest and they gonna throw the threes in there here and there where the force comeing at like you, they don't get reps for the foest. You go seven on seven, you're gonna go twelve to fifteen reps. The ones gonna get if it's twelve reps seven or eight. If it's fifteen, nine or ten, then the twos, maybe the threes, so forth and so on. So you got a four way battle for quarterback. Jerry Judy says, it is pretty difficult as a skilled guy, and you know you're a part of the offense. You know you gonna be in the game. How difficult would that be on you? If you are in that position, your spot eight, your spot is solidified.
Speaker 3: How you handling that? Yeah, I mean I'm looking at it.
Speaker 1: I know you can relate because I look at like, say, relationship I had with Derek Carr, and we had a long, productive relationship, and it's like the time it takes to get like each of every route where, like he's thinking what you're thinking, and he's placing the ball where you are and you're getting your head around at a certain timing. Like to do that with one person and get that down is enough work. To think you're gonna get that down with four different dudes over the course of a camp sounds insane and just sounds like stressful, Like I don't even know you might end up in the game with somebody like man, I ain't even caught a ball from this dude. Like that's why I think DeAndre Hopkins what he was doing in Houston when he had like Tom Savage and Sage Rosefeld's no.
Speaker 3: Offense in them dudes.
Speaker 1: But it's like it's the rotation of so many different guys and he still wanted there doing what he's doing.
Speaker 3: That's insane in me. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you're a Browns coached, you got to look at certain days where it's like, all right, Shardre gonna get the.
Speaker 3: Bulk of ones today.
Speaker 1: The next day, Flaka might get more to ones and Gabriel might get more to ones the next day.
Speaker 3: They got to have some sort of structure to where.
Speaker 1: At least for one day, Judy and those guys can get acquainted with one quarters.
Speaker 2: But if it's a four band competition, like, how can you like, how can you do it? Like you can't Kenny Piet you like Kenny Pictett, Flaco Deal game Bro, Shadure, it's virtual.
Speaker 3: It's not enough reps.
Speaker 2: Crazy, there's not enough reps in a practice crazy like they were to me. I wish two guys would get the majority of the reps one day, then two guys get the majority of the Like, I don't know how this is a fair company because I was told from somebody that's in the building that ain't a player. It's really coming down to Kenny Pickett or Dylan Gabel. That's what I was told. But now when you get the reports that Shadua's complete seventy seven out of nine passes, like is it against starters or is it three? Is in the fourst the guys that's gonna get released? So it seems impressive when you see the graphic, But is it really impressive if it's not against the starters or guys that's gonna be on the team. You don't know how they divide up the reps and it's virtually impossible with the amount of snaps because when I do my rookie year, man, I'll never forget this.
Speaker 3: We had training camp in Georgetown, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: First day where's that It's about an hour outside of Cincinnati, a college campus. Hot as fuck. First day we had two practices. Second day we had two practices. Like I'm not talking practiced in a special team. I'm talking practice tacon go eat lunch, go to meetings, practice again, like real practices. So first day, two practices, Second day, two practices, thirdday, two practices. I swear to god, I got up the fourth day. The morning of the fourth day, I couldn't even walk. We couldn't even walk, could you? And I'm like, damn when they blow that motherfucking whistle, I'm a run though, Like you couldn't even walk in the way it was my rookie year. To what it is now. Is I say that to say, oh, you got a lot of reps there, because we practiced twice a day, You're gonna get hillary you good practice now is so different because the teams, the players in the league, they're aware of. I go to training camp with a full tank. Y'all take me to about a quarter of a tank. I never get back to a full tank never. And they not avoiding those mistakes. You know, back then it was all we gotta we gotta make sure you got some mental toughness.
Speaker 3: We gotta build. Bro.
Speaker 2: If you a pussy when you come into try in the camp, you're gonna be a pussy when you leave training camp. If your ass is soft entering training camp, your ass gonna be soft four weeks ain't gonna ca it.
Speaker 3: Camp. That ain't gonna fix it because the dudes, that's they gonna find a way to get around it. They've been doing.
Speaker 2: They got this far being soft. You don't think they're gonna figure out a way to get around it. And so I I feel for the receivers and all the skilled guys in Joeku. All them dudes in Cleveland, y'all gonna be the quarterback. You ain't got enough reps in a day. There's not enough reps in a day for them to sit here and say, oh okay, yeah, yeah yeah, this guy. I don't get it. I don't know what Cleveland is doing. I know the coaching staff don't agree with it, but got it. I'm going with the Ricky. I'm going with one of the Rickis. Whereas Dylan Gabriel or Shador Flacoh, I fucks with Flaco. I played with the Ravens. Flaco a hell of a quarterback, a real good dude. But he ain't your quarterback of the future.
Speaker 3: Can he? Picket?
Speaker 2: I seen you playing Pittsburgh. You ain't the quarter I'm going with one of the young guys to see what they can do, and if they can't do it, we're gonna be a terrible ass team. We're gonna draft one of these franchise quarterbacks coming out in the draft next year. That's what I would do, but I'm not in charge. What would you do?
Speaker 3: I'm doing the exact same thing, man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the fallout is if people moved on from the Dure situation with the with the speeding or whatnot, but yeah, please please, please, please please.
Speaker 2: Man, if they don't get the fuck out of here with a speed ticket, speeding ticket.
Speaker 1: Come on, the crazy thing get like this might sound crazy like so they say he's in like one hundred and sixty, that means he's on an interstate like bruh.
Speaker 3: If the interstate is wide open on a hundred.
Speaker 2: Hey, you in Cleveland, it's probably nah, I ain't cold right now, but it was empty, I guess, because if it wasn't empty, you can't even do that far thing. That's yes, Like, I get it. Be safe because you need to protect yourself and you also need to be cautious of others when you on that road. I get it, don't. I don't want y'all to think that, oh, I'm just out here driving like a bat out of hell. No, but getting a speeding ticket is not oh my god, he's a terrible decision maker. No, he's a young kid that got a fast car. When you get a fast car, sometimes you gonna punch it. You just want to see what it feel like.
Speaker 3: That's what you do. You're not gonna do it all the time.
Speaker 1: If he going a hundred weaving through like busy traffic, that's the story.
Speaker 2: If we on a straight away and I'm just n I don't see the problem with it. We live in a day and age where everything is instant, you know, we get the news right away.
Speaker 3: And they made cancel him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again, as soon as Pop says he's been in a spot, He just has to know that any and everything he will do that's negative, it's gonna be magnified. He has to be aware that, like, this the life that shows you he didn't choose this life. We don't choose our parents. His pops is one of the greatest athletes in the history of being an athlete of any sport, and so this is the life you were born into and he's been living.
Speaker 3: This life alone.
Speaker 2: He just has to be aware of and I'm sure he is, like, damn, he really put on TV that I got a speeding ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then you got another one.
Speaker 2: They put that one on there too, But oh, y'all, like the I can't believe people really uh got they panties in a bunch over there.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: But you do gotta be smart because you gotta protect yourself and it's other people out there that that.
Speaker 3: You must protect. But speeding wow, yeah that blew my mind. Yeah I saw that, and I'm like, bro, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: But yeah, it is a lesson for like, all right, every choice I gotta be conscious of as the quarterback, as a leader, as prime son, already being in this spot, like I need to be extra conscious of the choices that I'm making, and I feel like he'll learn from this, and I feel like he should have. If he's really the dude that's leading the pack as a quarterback, I'll fight you should rip this opportunity away from him.
Speaker 3: Just for punching it in.
Speaker 2: Ah No, no, nah nah. Just make matter decisions like that.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: But the officer, like, when you pull him over, you look at his license. Come on, buddy, slow down, all right, I'm I'm gonna let you go. Like, just just do that slow down. I said, Yo, we got one yeah, laughing to me one time, bro, and they be on I got I just got a ticket, bro, And then one speeding about a month ago. Right, I'm in La. I'm going from one freeway to another freeway and it ain't traffic, but I'm going by like forty miles an hour. I ain't because it was enough cars so you can't really go. So I'm coming down and I see buddy. He's just sitting there waiting on somebody. But it was a bunch of bro. He pulls me, gets right storre as I passing me, gets right behind me. I'm like, I got my seatbelt on. I wasn't speeding, boop, I hit the window.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what was I doing? Oh?
Speaker 2: Your windows are tened, yes, I said, huh. And so then I rolled the passenger side window down. I said, I just seen fifty cars pass by right now, all those windows cars in front of me that passed by you, they windows a tenant?
Speaker 3: Why you ain't pull them over? Why you?
Speaker 2: Why are you messing with me? And he still gave me the ticket, and I think that pissed him off. So he can't even window ten ticket. He gave me no front license plate, bro, all kind of stuff, and I'm like, bro, like you just you.
Speaker 3: Just gonna pull me.
Speaker 2: Everybody has tenant windows. Oh, I even fucked my whole day up. I was thinking about this dude, like I'm driving home, like I can't believe, buddy, just really gave me a ticket for nothing. Literally, you can give everybody a ticket because everybody out here got ten windows. And my windows ain't even dark like that. They tenant, but it's they not dark like that. Take the tin off, take it to the police station, put the tent back off, like bruh, Yes, it's a fixed ticket. And then he didn't even do the ticket, right, he check no on the box, so that means it's not correct. But yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm giving y'all. That pissed me off. So some of these officers bro trying to get that quota. Bro, Yes, I was mad atbout I know is I looked at his name on the ticket. I was gonna go saying I was gonna DM them on social media or something. I couldn't even he ain't even on our show. Was gonna send him and Deon I promise, I promised, like, bro, what but I'm gonna leave it alone.
Speaker 3: I paid, got everything handled.
Speaker 2: But before we go, we're gonna finish with this topic and this. I would never do something like this. It's crazy. Deontay Thompson. Deontay Thompson. Wow, Deontay Johnson gets drafted to the Steelers, starts his career off pretty damn good. You like, wow, Buddy Balter, Well, he's balling, kind of started talking too much, fell out a favor. They sending to Carolina. Go to Carolina, perfect situation. I ain't got nobody. You're gonna be the lead dog. Start talking too much, get your ass up out of here. Sending to Baltimore. I played in Baltimore with Hardball.
Speaker 3: If you.
Speaker 2: Can't play for Hardball, it's a problem, because Harball, he just wants you to work hard. He just wants you to work hard, which every coach does. But he ain't giving you no problems.
Speaker 3: This dude saying.
Speaker 2: What happened in Baltimore, Bro, I could not believe it. They I hadn't been playing, They hadn't put me in the game. Okay, they told me to go in. I was standing on the sideline the whole game, and I was cold, so didn't want to hurt myself, so I didn't go in.
Speaker 3: That's real.
Speaker 2: That's real. And so Baltimore, if you recall, they released him and then the Houston Texas picked him up. But I was sitting here, like you said, it was cold, right, we don't play in some cold ass games. And then when you look at the temperature, it wasn't hot. For it was forty one degrees. He acted like it was negative twenty and so one has that ever crossed your mind if you've been in that situation too, if you are on that team, I wouldn't ask you how you would handle it, because we all grown man, But how would you take that. Yeah, I feel like I understand the thinking behind, Like.
Speaker 1: All right, if I'm not, if I'm staying here, I'm an ice block and I get into the game with no warm up, I can pull something.
Speaker 3: But that's even more reason Like if I'm on I've.
Speaker 1: Been on the sideline in them games where it's like I'm getting like I'm like special teams, so like I'm not playing every play.
Speaker 3: You gotta bro, you gotta very few plays. You gotta hit them a skips bruh. You gotta get a sprint up and down.
Speaker 1: Uh, do some half string of Frankenstein's like body like body air squad some.
Speaker 2: And it's that cold when the deep, when that body heater, I'm body hitters or sitting.
Speaker 3: On the bag on the bench. That bitch is hot as a motherfucker.
Speaker 2: If the bench be it'd be twenty degrees. The bitch be so high. You gotta get up from that ship shit.
Speaker 3: Burn his skin cells off your ass.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I when I saw that, I said, damn, he he literally is on his last leg. This is gonna be his last chance. I mean, ain't nobody gonna want him on their team when you're doing that and he's so talented. He's talented, but he mess around and get put out the league and be sitting up watching TV saying, fuck man, I'm better than him. Regret he's gonna regret it. He's gonna have so many regrets. I played with a guy in Cincinnati. I ain't gonna say his name. He was a special He played I want to say five maybe six years in the league. But when I got there, he was a special team guy. And then he became a starter on defense. He's a defensive player. He became a starter on defense. And then Marvin Lewis comes in as a head coach my third year, that was probably his fourth or fifth year. He wasn't a starter no more. He put him back just on teams, special teams. So he started like tripping, like half assing it in practice on special teams.
Speaker 3: They released him. They released him. He didn't get picked up. I swear. Midway through the season he was He called me because we was cool.
Speaker 2: He was like, Bruh, I'll do anything to cover a kick right now, anything, because we take for granted what we have. And then when it's gone, it's like, bruh, never played again. I think you might have gone it playing Canada, but he never got to the league again. And I say that to say, Deontay Johnson, gotta be careful because it can be taken away from you, just like that.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady retired.
Speaker 2: Man the league, keep on pushing, Peyton Mannaver the league, keep on pushing, Michael Vick the league, keep on. It don't matter who won the league. The show gonna go on. It don't need you. The show gonna go on with you or without you. And so that hope is a warning to him and everybody else that's listened, like when you have something good and being in an NFL is a hell of an out A lot of you know, they it's a privilege. Yeah, we earned it and we learned it. But I'd rather be in the league than not be in the league. Let me just put it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah it takes, but it takes a level of maturity and emotional intelligence to stay in a game knowing like, all right, I'm not getting the opportunities I would have won it or I think that I should get as a player of my talent. To stay locked in all four quarters like that takes discipline, and I feel like there's a lot of these young dudes that come in the league that may get some opportunities early on, and that ego get hit when you don't really play as much of some teams gets you up out of there, like having that level of maturity, like hopefully he can learn from this, and like we'll get another opportunity.
Speaker 2: But shouldn't you have the awareness when you go from Pittsburgh, Carolina Baltimore in the span of a year. Shouldn't you have an awareness to where I'm in piss I'm in Baltimore right now. They got Zay Flowers, they got a shot Bateman, Nelson Aguilar. I don't know how how much I'm I don't know how much I'm gonna play. I wouldn't hear at the outset. You can't bro when you a backup, you have zero, You have no equity, you don't have any act.
Speaker 3: You can't do that. Man, if you want to be at home, do what you want to do. Yeah, that ego can have you blind to reality.
Speaker 1: Though, if you don't check your egoize like I'm contributing, I'm the common denominator in all these situations. If you can't see that, you'll be in a situation like that and not be able to be like, all right, cool, Like the opportunities might be cut a little short here if I'm anna stay locked in because there's potential for me to make a play at any moment in time.
Speaker 3: I don't know what could happen in this league.
Speaker 1: But when you when you don't able to put that ego to the side and be humble enough to be like, all right, I have a part in this, it's tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So man, that's it for nightcap. I hope y'all enjoyed the show. Unkin' Oho. Y'all ain't gonna see unkin Ocho the whole week. We taking over this motherfucker. I appreciate Darren Waller for locking in with me, sir. I hope he appreciates myself before we go one more time. Yeah, yo, shit, his shit gonna be dropping in thirty minutes. Tell them where they can get it, tell them the name, make sure that we go out of support.
Speaker 3: That's sir.
Speaker 1: My newest single, My ours name is Darren Waller new single Choose Myself with My Dog j Rod.
Speaker 3: High quality record.
Speaker 2: Hey Jay Rock from where Now it's Jay Rod with a d Oh I thought you said, Jeneral I'm like, oh you got te Okay, my.
Speaker 1: Dog, my dog Jay rob Man, this is this is uh, this is two of our favorite records that we've ever made, and we both made a lot of music. So but yeah, search that Darren Waller Choose Myself nine pm Pacific Eastern, about thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, check that out. Spend that. Let me know what you think on ig Twitter. Whatever it is. Man, I hope you all enjoy it. Well, we out of here, Maine.
Speaker 2: I will see y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We out, sir, Peace, brother, Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: The volume