Speaker 1: Hi, get everybody. I'm Dan Horde and thanks for downloading The Bengals Booth Podcast. The Last Dance, Last Chance audition as the Bengals get set for their preseason finale in Washington, giving players one last chance to make their case for the fifty three man roster or the sixteen man practice squad coming up. Dave Lapham joins me to discuss some key topics at this stage of the preseason, including the most important one of all. Will Joe Burrow be the starting quarterback in Week one at Cleveland? Then I'll talk to one of those guys who is hoping for a big game on Saturday night to improve his chances of sticking around undrafted wide receiver Shdrick Jackson. The Bengals Booth Podcast is brought to you by pay Corps. More than twenty nine thousand customers trust Paycrep to help them recruit, pay, engage, and retain employees. Learn more at pay Corps. Now. Here's a quick reminder that you can have the latest edition of this podcast delivered right to your phone, tablet, or computer by subscribing wherever you get your podcasts. It's the greatest thing since seeing the All Time greats in person. One of my goals as a sports fanatic is to see the legends of my lifetime in person if possible. I've been incredibly lucky. I've seen Michael Jordan, dunk Ken, Griffy Junior swing, Tiger Woods drive, Tom Brady pass, and Roger Federer serve. And now I can add Leonel Messi to the list. The soccer legend didn't disappoint on Wednesday night with two sublime assists and a successful penalty shootout strike in Miami's dramatic win over FC Cincinnati. I thought my friend Joe Daniman from Fox nineteen and Cincinnati described the superstars heroics perfectly when he tweeted that is inevitable the true superstars usually are. Now let's get to football and to look at some key questions at this stage of training camp with my broadcast partner Dave Lapham Lap. With one game left in the preseason, the number two quarterback job is still up in the air. Jake Browning has the better stats so far, but he has never thrown a pass and in a regular season NFL game. Trevor Simion has thirty starts under his belt. Where do you think things stand right now.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a close competition, there's no question. I mean, I think you point out the thing that you're going to have to On one side of it, got a young guy, very inexperienced. You got a veteran player that's seen a lot, been exposed to a lot of different offenses, a lot of different situations, maybe not on the football field, but has experienced and then has more reps obviously on the football field as well, so you weigh that experience. The flip side of it, got a younger guy who has been in the Bengals system longer, who has done as well. You know, it's almost a dead heat, and he's younger. So I mean those that's that's the that's the quandary. I'm gonna have to make a decision. It's gonna come come right down to it looks like the you know, the practices are equally important, I think then as the performances. And they've done as good a job as they possibly can in terms of guys having quote, you know, maybe better players around them. Not to give an edge one way or the other in terms of well they always had the you know, the backup at every position. Not guys struggling and trying to make the final roster kind of thing. So all those go into one big pot and you stir it up and come up with a decision. I mean, it's it's a it's a definite battle. There's no question.
Speaker 1: Does one or the other have to be the backup? At least in week one. I could see them bringing in another quarterback from somebody else's roster, but it's hard for me to imagine that guy would immediately become the backup. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you, Dan, I mean I think, you know, just unlearning and relearning terminology that would be you know, stressful. It's not like, depending on who the quarterback is and how much experience he has, just about any quarterback would understand the concepts that the Bengals are talking about and what they'd be you know, presenting to that individual to understand. But then what do you call it? What's the terminology? And you know, sometimes you can be bogged down a little bit just by language alone in terms of communication and calling the play properly and all that sort of thing in the huddle for everybody else. So I think it would be you know, not impossible, but a tough, tough task for sure, to have somebody come in off the street and and you know, God forbid, have to be the guy, you know, to lead him up there in Cleveland on the road against the Browns.
Speaker 1: If the backup has to play, And hopefully that's not the case now. One name that we've talked about off air, people have started to speculate in various places is Brandon Allen, who's been Joe Burrow's backup for the last three years. Right now, he's in San Francisco. By all accounts, he's number four on their depth chart. Hard to believe they'll keep four. They got rock Perty, Sam Darnold and Trey Lance. If he's cut, as is widely expected, should the Bengals try to sign him at least to the practice squad.
Speaker 2: I think that'd be a good move if, in fact, you know, that could present itself, because here's a guy that obviously understands this offense and when he called upon, he had some decent performance. I mean, he went out there and executed that game down in Houston. He put up some really good numbers, no question about it. And I think he's highly respected by people in the organization. By Joe Burrow. I think, you know, the quarterback room would be welcoming him with open arms. So it would be a very very smooth and easy transition and something that has some potential possibly.
Speaker 1: One thing to keep in mind is if he is cut, the Bengal might not be the only team that goes after him. There's been speculation that the Rams would be interested. He's familiar with Sean McVay from having time having spent time there as a backup. So just because he's cut doesn't mean the Bengals have a free opportunity. And by free, I'm not talking about dollars and cents, but can just automatically add him. He's going to consider whatever options he might have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and uh, you know he's a vested player obviously more than four four vested years, so he's free. He doesn't have to go through like guys years one, two, and three. If they're let go, they have to go through the draft order, you know, just the teams that finish worst to best. You know, they get the teams that finish worst get the best shot, first shot, I should say, and then all the way up to the to the best team in the NFL. Having the final shot. So, but he is, he's free to he's free to go anywhere and uh and choose a situation he thinks it's best for him. So yeah, it'd be interesting. It'd be interesting to see and he would just because of his experience with head coaches that are still in the National Football League, he would draw some interest, There's no question.
Speaker 1: So we were watching practice the other day. I was on one part of the field. You were studying the offensive line. You walked over to me raving about Jackson Carmen's physical ability. It hasn't consistently carried over when he's played in games. Is it confidence? Is it technique? Why do you think those great tools don't consistently produce great performance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think consistency is is, you know, more more of a mental thing. Focus, concentration, you know, don't don't let your mind stray, don't be overcome by something if if if there's movement in the defensive front, you know, don't freeze. Uh, you know, try to try to keep yourself in as good a mindset as you possibly can, because if if he's playing free and easy mentally physically, he can get it done. I mean physically he's got he's got a heck of a toolbox, he really does. But I think it is it's it's just you know, now, now he might be in a little bit of a situation where he was pressing, you know, some who knows what's going through the mind of a young guy like that. But if he goes up to the line of scrimmage with confidence, knowing that this is exactly what I'm going to do, if they make this kind of an adjustment, I know this is what I'm going to do, and hesitancy just kills you. I mean, if you if you're if you have any doubt when the ball is snapped and you're thinking should I do this or do that, it's it's done. You're you're beaten before the play even starts. So the physical part of it is just a part of it, and it's a good part to have, but all areas of the mental aspect of the game, you don't have to be fine tuned as well. And I think that's where you know he's he's had a little bit of a struggle, you know. And then if you do have a problem physically, like you didn't take the proper step, that's a mental thing as well. I mean, physically you're capable of doing it, but mentally, if you took an improper angle or whatever the case may be, now, all of a sudden, you doubt yourself again. And you know that is the worst enemy of anything in any athlete in the sports. Self doubt kills you, destroys you.
Speaker 1: The only offensive starter who has played so far in the preseason and will probably be the only start of the plays in the preseason, is Jonah Williams of right tackle. He got his first NFL snaps at right tackle last week in Atlanta. How'd you think he did?
Speaker 2: I thought he did pretty well. You know, I think there was a mix up in the in that drive in that there was a play that was supposed to be changed, and I think formationally it looked like it was odd he was doing an assignment on the backside that you wouldn't do on the backside, you'd do on the front side, and so there was some sort of problem. When I looked at it again, it's like, you know, it makes Jonah look really bad, But I think it might even been a back lined up on the wrong side of the quarter back. From a formation standpoint, the whole thing was disjointed. And that's the only snap where it looked like you know, in first blush was like, good, that didn't look But I don't think it was I don't think it was his problem necessarily. I think it was something else and he was doing what he was supposed to do. And that's the thing if you don't know, if you're looking at something, say, oh man, that guy just got his butt kicked, Well, what if the play design was supposed to be something totally different. He was doing exactly what he was supposed to do and you don't know that. So the only people that know that are the coaches and the players. So sometimes things can look one way and they're totally another. That's the danger of being quote, Okay, I'm going to grade this. Well, you don't know exactly what everybody's supposed to do on every single play sometimes. But with all that said, I thought that he was fluid. I thought he felt comfortable, looked like he felt comfortable anyway. You could tell he'd worked at it, and the whole time he was rehabbing that knee injury, he was doing something. You know, once he found out that they were going to make the move to the right tackle position. He definitely took a bunch of sets and you know, time on task, a repetition breeds, comfortablevel all that stuff. It's not like, you know, he sat around just feeling sorry for himself. I got to give him a lot of credit. You know, he went to work and uh and fine tuned, you know, reversing the sets. It's it's it's interesting people think, oh, that's that's easy to do. It's not a lot of times it's not if you're you know, not not everybody can be ambidexterous, you know. And uh, and it's a it's a totally different feel and it's almost like you have to remake yourself, you know. It's like you have a certain way of doing things on the right side, then a certain way of doing things on the left side. I can speak from experience on that, because you do have, you know, a dominant side and you have to make adjustments and all that sort of thing. So I thought that with all of that having having unfolded in a short period of time for him, I thought he looked pretty darn good. I thought he acquitted himself. Well.
Speaker 1: He told me this week he's reached the point where he doesn't have to think about this hand, this foot, that kind of stuff anymore. Moving from left to right. Is that kind of the first big key. All right, you're no longer having to process which side you're.
Speaker 2: On it is because as we know in this league, it's fast. I mean, it's instantaneous. So if you're again you know, okay, I have to make sure I got to put this okay on this play. Yeah, this right hand has to be at this number, and it has to be just like a reactionary. It has to be second nature. And again that's you know, that self doubt. It's not necessarily doubt, but it's not quite totally sure of it being like an instantaneous reaction. That that that makes it harder. That that puts a lot of stress on the player. So the more time on task and the more repetition he gets, and then now it's going to be interesting because you know, he hasn't gotten any reps with the right guard that he's going to be playing with the opener up there in Cleveland, So it's going to be a little bit of an adjustment there. It'll be time on task with live bullets, so it'll be an interesting thing to watch how it progresses.
Speaker 1: Much more to come with lap including his thoughts on the likelihood that chitabey A Woogie and Joe Burrow will play in the season opener. But first a reminder that the Bengals Booth podcast is brought to you by Alta Fiber, future proof fiber Internet capable of delivering multi gigabit speeds designed to take your home, business and community to a new level. Elevate your connection with Alta Fiber and by Bengals Picks and Ultimate Bengals. They're free to play with tickets inside merchandise up for grabs. Find both inside the Bengals app. You did a great podcast this week with chitabay A Wooje. I highly recommend listening to In the Trenches with Dave Lapham. The stuff that he said about chess in and of itself made it a great listen. Cheeto started doing eleven on eleven stuff this week. He looks great physically, That's been the case for several weeks, but he is not committing yet to playing in week one. He says he'll know when he's ready. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I guess maybe I'm a combination of thinking and hoping. But I just watching him flip his hips and run and the things that he did. And it's not only in seven on seven and team it was. It was impressive. It was really impressive. So I do think, you know, like like he said on the podcast, he goes, I felt like I'd play aff to four months. You know, I felt that good. But you can't do that. But that tells you the type of condition that he's in, the type of athlete he is. You know, these guys, their bodies are like it's ridiculous. I mean, they're so capable of bouncing back from serious trauma in such a short period of time. It really is incredible. But yeah, I think, you know, he's been taking a ton of mental reps. He's been out there into it the whole time. And you know, if now you start to fall into a category like Joe Burrow of you know, it's you're you're fresh, You're you're not beating up at all. You don't have any training camp, nicks, bumps, bruises, nothing. I mean, you feel as good as you've ever felt going into a start in a regular season, because you know, you've taken some mental things and you've done some of the of the work here down the stretch, and hopefully for both of them a couple of weeks prior to that first regular season game they'll get significant work in. But that's that's the positive of it. It's like, man, I've never felt better in my life to start an NFL regular season.
Speaker 1: Cheetah is very intellectual. He may even be a little bit superstitious. I don't know, but he's going back to the quote unquote scene at the crime. The injury happened at Cleveland on Halloween. That's where the Bengals open. He's going to be competing against his good friend Amari Cooper, That's who he was kind of ring when it happened. He might just be the type of person that he's not going to talk about it until he is out on that field in Week one.
Speaker 2: I agree, you know, I think I think he wants to, uh, you know, control the narrative and the drama and everything associated with it as best he possibly can. And and the best way to do that is to is to not be definitive, you know as to what your what your plans are. So I it's gonna be it is though it's so the coincidences are so like, man, it's almost like there's something else in control of this thing. It is weird. The football gods are saying, let's take let's let's test this guy's metal by by all of these circumstances. And uh. And honestly, the football gods owe him a year of leaving him alone in terms of an injury standpoint, because the guy had to go through quite a bit and he certainly did it well.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Bengals leading receivers. So in the preseason andre Yosi Vosh nine catches for ninety four yards. He's been targeted twenty times in the two preseason games. When the Bengals drafted him out of Princeton, I think I used the expression of lottery ticket at the time. I'm thinking big, strong, fast, IVY League athlete with a track background. It's going to take a while. He's going to be a project. I was wrong. He's not a project. I think he's one of the best six receivers on the team. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Agreed? One percent agreed? And I think I think the organization is a little bit surprised about how far along he is in terms of being an NFL caliber receiver. And the thing that I admire about him, he had a tendency early in training camp even to use his body, you know, and not get the full extension of his arms. That's a big plus for him. He's six ' three with long arms. His catching radius is big, and he wasn't even utilizing it fully yet. And you know, I give I give credit where credits due. I mean, he was coached and he accepted the coaching, and he extended those arms. And he's starting you know, he's catching with his hands now and not not catching with his body as much. And he's made a dramatic improvement in terms of high pointing and contested catches and that sort of thing. And I think there's no doubt that the thing that has impressed the coaching staff is his ability to Receivers have to read things and make adjustments like quarterbacks, you know, on coverages, when they're running routes, they have to be on the same page as the quarterback. And just because you're an IVY League educated person, that's intelligence doesn't necessarily equate to football IQ, and particularly if you haven't experienced all that, and it's just such a higher level He's been pretty seamless and flawless in that regard, which is good. So he's got not only raw intelligence, he's got a really strong football IQ as well. And you know he's a sponge, just like what else you got for me. I mean he's taken all the coaching in and looking for more. And that's what That's what you love is a guy that you know, the Good Lord blessed with all these physical attributes. Well, he wants to be great. I mean he wants to be do everything he possibly can to maximize that and accepting coaching the right way is a great way to do it. And it's like Courtel Volson's like that, you know, the young left guard. I mean he's physically gifted, but you know he knows that he needs to maximize what the Good Lord has given him. And that guy works man, and Yosi Vash is the same. I mean they have a lot of young players and a lot of players period on this football team that really work hard.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Cordel Olson, what do you make of Joe Mixon saying he is a potential Hall of Famer at this stage of his career.
Speaker 2: Pumped the brakes a little bit, But I like it. I mean, I really like it. It's great when teammates have that kind of feeling about another teammate. But I've I had conversation with Cordel Volson and said, you know, even from this year, I said, oh, you know, watching you this year as compared to last year, man, you really worked at it. And he's, you know, three hundred and twenty five pounds with the lowest body fat any offensive lineman. So he has done it right. He's worked extremely hard. And you know, he looked at me and he said, you know, I want to be great, man. My goal is to be great. I just don't want to be okay or you know, good, I want to be great. And I'm like, that's half the battle right there, man, you know, having that kind of an attitude. So, I mean, he's a guy that any offensive line coach would love to work with. And he's got a good one to work with. Frank Pollock is a guy that gives you all kinds of tools to put in that toolbox, and you know, you can you can change some of the tools in that toolbox on a week two week basis, and Cordel Volson is capable of you know, applying all of it, so it's a good combination there.
Speaker 1: I have not heard anyone refer to Jalen Davis as a potential Hall of Famer, but Chitabo Wouje calls him every day Davis because he seemingly makes plays every day. He had a couple of interceptions at a practice this week. He's had a bunch of them in this training camp. Is Jalen Davis the starting nickel corner on most NFL teams?
Speaker 2: In your opinion, Bingo, absolutely, I mean to me, it's like the Cincinnati Bengals. They just extended their two linebackers. Both of their linebackers, you know, Logan Wilson and Jermaine Pratt are three down players in the NFL. In today's NFL, the way the offenses have evolved, if you've got one three down linebacker on your roster, you're fortunate. When you have two and then throw Keem Davis Gator in the mix as three. Marcus Bailey can pretty much get there as well. Four Are you kidding me? Well, now the Bengals getting back to Davis, two corners that are starting caliber slot corners in the NFL. I mean mean you go to your dine package. You got both slots covered by these guys. I mean, it's it's unbelievable in terms of having you know, depth and talented depth at these physician groups. It really is. They've they've identified guys, They've identified them properly, and these guys have come in and the mesh between the coach and player has been extraordinary. So now one plus one equals three and they're in a good spot. Defensively, Lou and Romo can do a lot of things with these guys with the versatility and the depth of the versatility he's got in that roster.
Speaker 1: We can't have a podcast conversation without discussing the quarterback Joe Burrow. As we tape this, we are eighteen days away from the season opener at Cleveland. We saw Joe today in the Bengals cafeteria, pink T shirt, shorts, looking comfortable, looking fine, looking happy. I think things are trending in the right direction, but we don't see him by the way the training staff behind the scenes or whatever he might be doing in walk through periods or anything like that. Is Joe Burrow the starting quarterback in week one?
Speaker 2: Yes? I really believe that he is you know, when I watch him just just walking around physically, he looks as strong and as ready as I've ever seen him. I mean, he looks he looks unbelievable. The one thing you don't have to worry about with this training camp, you know, as you start to think about positives, all quarterbacks worry about dead arm, too many throws. Don't have to worry about that. You know, you don't have to worry about bumps and bruises, necks and little things you know that you might have accumulated during training camp. Joe didn't have to worry about that. Unfortunately, got the bump in the neck early and had to shut it down with that, with that calf strain. But you know, he's probably the freshest physically and mentally that he's been because, I mean he's off of appendectomies where he'd lost so much weight and so much strength. He was a shell of himself, you know, or an acl where you're you know, you're rehabbing a reconstruction of a joint, a key joint in your body. We're talking about a cash strain here. So I mean, I just think that that he's gonna be He's gonna be off to a great start. And how many times Dan in his in his early career here in mini camps, in after a draft in May or whatever, it's like two days in the mini camp. I'm watching him. I'm thinking, crap, this guy's ready to play right now. He's carving it up. Look at this dude, I mean, he he is so ready all the time. He never lets himself fall apart. I mean he never takes like a downtime. And it's like, yeah, I'm just gonna get sloppy. I'm gonna get sloppy with my preparation, I'm gonna get sloppy physically. He's always on and many times during OTA's in mini camp it's been the dude looks like mid season for him. I have no doubt that this is going to be able to throw the ball straight inaccurately as he ever has with a couple of weeks of practice. There's no doubt in my mind. So, I you know, now, in a perfect world, would you like to have been able to get a little bit more practice time with guys, particularly Yoshivash and guys like that Charlie Jones. Yeah, But if he gets a couple of weeks with those guys, all will be good. So I'm yes, he's starting against the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: That's the headline from Dave lappam mark it down. But when Zach Taylor says in response to how much time does he need one rep, he's not exaggerating that much.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, it's like, okay, well, you know, being facetious, but hey, there's some reality to it. I honestly, watching him, like I said, in these camps, mini camps and stuff, all at various points, take a pick a spot in the off season, he never looks that different. He always looks like he's game ready. So I have no qualms fears whatsoever about Joe Burrow going out there and given a performance that will be you know, exceptional against the Cleveland Browns. I mean he went out there after the appendectomy. You know, had the turnovers, but I mean just for him to be out there, he was literally a shell of himself physically, and he goes out there and plays an NFL game against that caliber of a football team, coach that well by a guy like Mike Tomlin his coaching staff, and still has his team in position to potentially win the football game. Sh I ain't worried. He'll be there. He'll be there against the Browns up in Cleveland. He'll be there. Mistake on the lake, He'll be there.
Speaker 1: Lap's lips to God's ears. Let's help. He's right, and for the record, I think he is. The Bengals Booth Podcast is brought to you by Kettering Health, the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. With more than one hundred and twenty care facilities and ffteen hundred care providers, Kettering Health is committed to guiding you to your best health. Visit ketteringhealth dot org to learn more. Following Saturday night's game at Washington, the next couple of days are going to be nerve racking for quite a few players on every team. Right now, NFL franchises can have ninety players. By Tuesday at four o'clock, the roster has to be cut to fifty three. The following day, teams can establish a sixteen man practice squad. That means that every team has to say goodbye to roughly twenty players. Multiply that by thirty two teams and nearly six hundred and fifty players will be out of work next week. One of the Bengals rookies facing an anxious weekend is Sderick Jackson. With the Bengals skill and depth at wide receiver, Jackson almost certainly won't make the fifty three man roster, but he's in the running to make the practice squad. And I spoke to the undrafted rookie out of Auburn this week. All right, Schedick four catches last week for forty two yards in Atlanta. That's a good game, but you also had a twenty six yard catch that got negated by a penalty. You drew a thirty yard pass interference penalty, where you're pretty pumped up about that performance.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I feel like I went out there and you know, made most of my opportunities.
Speaker 4: Like you said, that last catch kind of hurt with the with the flag coming back.
Speaker 3: As soon as I got up, I saw the flag, I knew knew what it was, unfortunately, But uh yeah, just trying to build each week and get a little bit better, take advantage of my opportunities, like I said, and finish out camp strong.
Speaker 1: The first preseason game was solid as well. You had a couple of catches in that game and had the opportunity to return three kicks. They're giving you chances to show what you can do. Do you take that to be a good sign?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think it's a great sign.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm very grateful for the opportunity to Bengals to give me to go out there showcase my talents. And great coach of staff, great teammates around me. So it's been it's been fun.
Speaker 1: We're visiting the Chrederick Jackson. I asked Zach Taylor about you today. He said he has earned my trust by understanding the playbook. He's clearly put a lot of time in and learning our offense. Is that about right?
Speaker 4: It sounds about right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ever since you know they told me or I said I would sign with him in free agency, I've just been trying to study the playbook, understand as much as I can multiple receivers positions, because that's how you like you like, he said, gain trust and get on the field, get those opportunities. So ever since, ota has been something I prided myself on, a knowing each position and not only what to do, but how to do it.
Speaker 1: When the head coach says he's earned my trust, is that about as good a compliment as you can get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's up there, especially from a head coach in the league. So being at this level and continue to try to gain that trust, it's just, like I said, a big deal. It's truly a blessing in them looking to keep it going.
Speaker 1: We're chatting with Chrederick Jackson. So you're in a wide receiver room with three of the best in the game and Jamar, Chase t Higgins and Tyler Boyd. Who have you learned the most from?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a tough one.
Speaker 3: I mean even those three guys like coming in, I knew I would be able to look at them and take a little bit from their game and learn a lot. But even the guys behind that, a lot of people don't, you know, give a lot of attention to, like Trent Irwin, Trent Taylor, Stan Kwalme, all those guys. So it's been great being in that room and just learning from a bunch of the veteran guys that are just great people too.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. You're a sponge. You can learn from anybody, most definitely. So you signed with the Bengals after playing at Auburn. Were you disappointed that you didn't get drafted. Did you expect to be selected?
Speaker 4: I kind of knew the reality of it going into it.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't, you know, somewhere in later rounds, I knew that going on drafted was a possibility. So yeah, watching it, of course, as being a competitor, I am. I was a little bit disappointed, But at the same time, the opportunity came with the Bengals and you know other teams that called. So I'm glad to be here and I'm you know, pushing forward.
Speaker 1: Did to put a chip on your shoulder?
Speaker 4: It did? I would say that.
Speaker 1: We've talked before and discussed your pro day where you ran a four two five forty. You're one of the fastest guys on the team. If everybody lined up at the goal line and had to sprint forty yards, who wins?
Speaker 3: I definitely like me. I think, of course DJ Turner would be there. He ran a fast forty two, but I like me.
Speaker 1: I also spoke to you this spring about your famous uncle Bo Jackson. You had a great line. I mentioned that he was arguably the greatest athlete of all time. He said, second best behind me in all seriousness. Is it a great source of pride to be Bo's nephew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's something that I've uh, you know, growing up with. I'm used to it by now. You know, people as me about people comparing me, you know, the speed and strength, all that stuff. So honestly, when I'm out there playing, when I'm out there practicing, you know, I'm gonna just worry about my craft and it doesn't really cost my mind. So yeah, it's just something I'm used to at this point.
Speaker 1: You're very good natured when I ask you about it doesn't get annoying at times.
Speaker 4: It has in the past, and you know, I've had to.
Speaker 3: Tell people to dial it back a little bit, but it's just, you know, something you gotta live with. Of Course, having somebody of that statue in the game in the past, of course you're gonna get questions about it, So I'm used to it.
Speaker 1: You've got one preseason game left coming up against Washington. What are your goals for this third and final preseason game? And how nerve racking well the days after that, bab.
Speaker 3: I try not to think about the days after, but just going out there, continue to play football, that's all it is, and go out there and get my all.
Speaker 4: Continue to execute the players or whatever. Let's be executed it.
Speaker 3: Make plays and go out there and play fast. So just looking forward to playing football. You've earned the coaches trust. That's a good sign. Best of luck appreciation. That's Shedar Jackson.
Speaker 1: Sunday's game to Washington starts at six pm our pregame coverage on the Bengals Radio Network. We'll get underway at four thirty. That's going to do it for this episode of the Bengals Booth Podcast, brought to you by Bengals Picks and Ultimate Bengals. They're free to play with tickets and signed merchandise up for grabs by pay Corp, the official hr software provider of the Bengals, by all to Fiber future Proof Fiber Internet elevate your connection with Alta Fiber, and by Kettering Health, the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. If you haven't done so already, please subscribe to this podcast and if you have a minute, give it a rating or share a comment that helps more Bengals fans find us. I'm Dan Horden. Thanks for listening to the Bengals Booth Podcast.