Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All right, basketball season is here, and there's only one place to go for tickets, and you know where that is game Time. They have a new feature called game Time Picks filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. When I want to go to a basketball game, football game, concert, comedy show, just click on the event you want to attend. Game Time gives me a seat preview, offers me a great deal. I get the best bang for my buck. Game Time also has the lowest prices guaranteed or they will credit you one hundred and ten percent the difference. So take the guestwork out of buying tickets with game Time Picks. Download their app game Time App ninety seconds, create an account, use the code colin that's me Coli in twenty bucks off your first purchase again terms apply redeem codes Colin Coli in twenty bucks off. Download game Time today. What time is it? Game Time? Hi everybody, and welcome in. In about ten minutes, we'll have Chad Millman, which we do sharper square where I give him about seven or eight of my picks and he chews him up and spits him out. And I'm taking more and more favorites these days, as I think you do get to a point in the season where the better teams separate, the better coaches separate. Everybody gets banged up. It's a war of attrition at this point. You see all these players dropping. Sometimes DeVante Adams, the player goes out, comes back in. He did had a touchdown. So the Jets beat the Texans twenty one to thirteen on Hallowing. The Jets dressed up as a pretty good football team. Aaron Rodgers I thought played especially, you know, in the second half. I thought he played pretty well. I've seen that so many times this year where a quarterback brought Purtty against the Cowboys Russell Wilson a couple of times Aaron Rodgers tonight, where it just they just can't get it right in the first half and then they just they get warmed up. And I thought Aaron played a really good second half. You know, when you have Bresall, when you have Davonte Adams, when you have Garrett Wilson, you know, those are real weapons, you know, if you can get decent protection. Aaron had a nice run tonight. It got called back because of a holding on the rookie from Penn State, but that was a really nice run. He had two hundred and eleven yards, twenty two to thirty two, three tds, no picks. I like the Jets tonight. It was one of my stronger plays. It would have been my first or second strongest play if it was on Sunday. And I think the you know, the reality of this game. It was a really bad spot for a beat up Texans team that can't protect CJ. Stroud. So the Jets had eight sacks tonight, which is about double what teams have beginning against Houston. But they're you know, they're down to Tank Dell and a bunch of third and fourth level receivers. So it was a good spot for the Jets. And what's interesting for the Jets, and this is why this win matters. So, yeah, two of their wins a short week at home Patriots and Texans. But now think about this, it's an advantage because the Jets are not going to win a division. We know the Bills are going to win the division. The Ravens will eventually win their division, the Chiefs will win their Division Colts, Texans will go back and fourth. But this is key the teams. The Jets only hope to get into the playoffs is as a wild card team, and right now, unless they go on a losing streak, Pittsburgh looks like it will be one of those wild card teams. But there's two other wild card spots. And the good news is the Jags could be one of those teams the Jets play them. The Colts could be one of those teams Jets host them in a couple of weeks. The Texans could be one of those teams. The Jets just beat them. So it looks like to me the three playoff teams in the AFC we know are Bills, Ravens will make it. They're just too good unless Lamar got hurt, and the Chiefs, and then you're going to be battling the Colts, the Jags, the Texans, the Chargers, the Steelers for three wild card spots. And you've already got a w over the Texans and you get the Colts at home. You also get the advantage when you play on Thursday night, you get four days extra rest against your next opponent that's Arizona. So they'll have to travel out to the desert in Arizona, but you got extra rest. Arizona plays a very physical Chicago Bears team, a really good defense for the Chicago Bears off a humiliating loss. So I'm sure the Bears, you know, that's gonna be a physical game against Arizona. You're gonna be more rested, more prepared. With a veteran quarterback and Aaron Rodgers coming off a very good outing. The more he plays with the Vonte Adams, the veteran, it's gonna work. So they've got the pieces. I don't think they're a brilliantly coached team, but I've said this before. There's three really good teams in the AFC. Then you know it's pretty mushy in the wild card race. Miami's not as good as we thought. Chargers just they have very limited firepower. Unless they make a trade at the deadline, the Chargers are going to be in a bunch of close games. If they played the Jets tomorrow, it would be a close game. I mean, the Chargers just can't They can't beat anybody badly. They don't have any playmakers. Lad mcconkee, the rookie is like a two. He's twitchy and clever, but he's not a burner. He's not an over the top guy. Doesn't have huge separation in the NFL. So I mean, it's what do I think about the Jets. Well, they ran for about one hundred yards tonight, Aaron was comfortable, Aaron had time to throw, and the schedule works out extra rest for Arizona, Colt Seattle at home, Rams later at home. I mean, only one team the Jets play the rest of the way right now has a winning record, the Buffalo Bills, and they're not one of the divisions, so they don't have to worry about Buffalo. So it's all right in front of you.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: I like CJ. Stroud, but he's down to second and third tier receivers. They can't protect him. Joe Mixon's a hell of a player. That was his number one weapon tonight. But the Jets win twenty one to thirteen. And you know, I was thinking about this. I was talking to Jmack on the phone tonight. He was out with kids doing Halloween. So I live in a place without a lot of kids coming up, So I went out for a walk and saw the kids in the neighborhood out having a good time. But when I came back, I was talking to Jmac and you know, New York has just had a really rough stretch for a decade in sport. I mean, the Yankees, it really wasn't competitive against the Dodgers. It really wasn't they won a single game. Both the Padres and the Mets matched up better against the Dodgers than the Yankees did. The Yankees won one game, and it was a bullpen game by the Dodgers. They went on and too in the games in which Garrett Cole pitched. They're just they're just, you know again, they beat they can beat the Guardians, but the Yankees, they just don't match up to the Dodgers, and the Dodgers were beat up. They'll be a significantly better and healthier team next year. The Giants and the Jets, at least one of them has Aaron Rodgers and Quentin Williams. You know, the Knicks are a nice story, but I don't think they're in the class of the Celtics. So it's it's been rough. I mean, it's it's you know, the Mets have a rich owner and Francisco Lindoor is a remarkable player. But they have good players and one great player, So I mean they people. You know, you think to yourself, God, why does anybody care about the Jets if you're in New York? I mean because of Devonte Adams and and and Garrett Wilson and Aaron Rodgers. You know, they have their moments and like in the second half tonight, they have their moments where they look competitive. So you know, here's the good news for New York Colts, Jags, Texans, all these teams that they can make up ground and if they beat him head to head in the wild card race and the AFC, I don't think they're going to get there. I'll still stand by my prediction. I think they're an eight or nine win team. But I do think DeVante Adams like tonight in that second half, and you can see the more he and Aaron play together. And what I really liked about Aaron tonight is he was really into it. He was really into it. He had good energy in the second half. He was pumping his fist, he was fired up. And that's what you worry about with Aaron. He can be a very moody guy, and I've said he I had an NFL coach tell him a pretty famous NFL coach won't say he's just Jay Cutler with talent, is that he's kind of a moody, prickly, difficult guy. The difference is Aaron can really, when he has time to throw, really can spin it. And tonight he was in a groove. He had great energy, He played inspired and it was fun to watch. The first ALB wasn't fun, but twenty one to thirteen Jets win, and it's something. Eight sacks ran the ball effectively. Aaron had a good night. Now you have extra prep time against the Arizona Cardinals. I love this time in the NFL season because it does feel like the games get a little bit easier to predict, just because it's statistically defenses get hurt more than offenses, and you know, so you get a separation. Now you get some finger pointing in the bad locker rooms. The quarterbacks and the best coaches feel like they separate. I don't think the Jets have one of the better coach teams, but I do think offensively, and that's what this lead. Nobody's stopping anybody defensively. I still think the Jets miss Robert saw on that end. But offensively, you got to be able to score. And you start looking at the Jets pieces. If Aaron's healthy, it's something that it's better than the Giants. I mean, there are a lot of teams in worse shape than Aaron Rodgers, Breese Hall, a decent backup, Alan the Kid from Wisconsin, Garrett Wilson, and Davontae Adams. There are a lot of teams in much worse shape than that. And and this point forward, the offenses winning this league. I mean, you go look at January and February the last three or four years, it's the offenses that separate. Nobody's stopping anybody late. Everybody's all thinged up on that side of the ball. Listen, don't bail on CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud.
Speaker 2: His last three games, he has a seventy six passer rating. You're dealing with second tier wide receivers and there's no protection. And this is like it's like Sam Donald. You look at him with the Jets and you're like he's terrible, and then you're like, oh, he goes to Minnesota and he has a good coach, and he has good protection, and he has weapons and got Sam Donald's pretty good. It's amazing how it looks. You go watch Brock Prudy without Christian McCaffrey, Deebo, Samuel's banged up, and you're like, ah, what is he? Well, you know, all of a sudden second half last week, he's moving. You know, you watch Brock pretty Now as Jennings gets healthy and McCaffrey comes back, you're gonna look at him and go, oh, he's pretty Folks. There's like one or two guys in this league. Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes are about it where it doesn't really matter who's healthy and who's not. That's about it.
Speaker 1: CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud He hasn't reached his peak yet. He'll probably reaches he'll go into his prime after next season. This is year two, next year, year three, year four to year nine to ten, six years prime, won't have many surgeries at that point. Still fresh now knows the game, knows the coverages. He hadn't even reached this prime yet. So you've got like second and third tier receivers, terrible protection, and it's a defensive head coach. So you know he's got a coordinator. But if that coordinator leaves that's not ideal Bobby Slowick. So you know, I just there's three guys in the world that it doesn't really matter. They're just going to be wildly productive Mahomes Alan Lamar. For guys like c J. Stroud, he's closer to a Sam Donald. I think he's a better thrower with the football than Sam Darnold, and he's a better athlete and a bigger, stronger version of Rock Purty. But in the end, there's the three greats and then a lot of these guys. It's just circumstantial, and he'll be fine when they get Nico Collins back. Nico Collins is uncoverable and they get their offensive line straightened out. But don't sell any stock. We've seen this kid when he has support and he's really good. Everybody in this league. You know, Baker Mayfield has Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Oh, he's pretty good, and they get hurt. He's not as good. He just lost to Atlanta. That's the way it works for ninety percent of the quarterbacks in this league. Does your favorite NBA player have what it takes to be crowned King of the Court? Find out at DraftKings Sportsbook. And officials. Betting partner of the NBA DraftKings is offering one million a day in bonus bets for the first ten days of the NBA season. That's ten million in bonus bets. Here's how to shoot your shot. Opt in get a daily NBA Profit Boost token. You pick a pregame NBA player prop to boost. If that player leads the league that night in points, rebounds assists, you win a share of a million bucks in bonus bets. Just download the DraftKings sportsbook app. The code is colin coli in to want a share of a million dollars in bonus bets. If your player is King of the Court only on DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and WY or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction. VOYD in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuings. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkng Don Coe slash b Ball.
Speaker 2: Time for an ender edition of Sharper Square with Chad Millman, the co host of the Favorites. All odds provided by DraftKings. I felt pretty good about my picks, I said in week six or seven, I start to just go with quarterbacks. I think defenses get statistically more beat up, more injured. Quarterbacks are even more important. Teams in locker rooms move off players, more finger pointing. The better cultures win, the better coaches win, the better quarterbacks win. So there's a couple of big favorites I like this weekend, and they don't normally do that. Let's go to the underdogs though, Dolphins plus six at the Bills. I like Miami. Okay, So this has been a series dominated by Buffalo, no question, but they've played very good. They're really feeling themselves. They travel cross country. Now it's back Miami. Two is the first game back off of concussion. They actually controlled that game, led by ten in the fourth. Usually quarterbacks off concussions don't play great in the first week, second week, third week, fourth week. You see improvement division rival game really like Miami plus the point sharper square.
Speaker 1: Look, it's flipped. It opened at six, moved up to six and a half. The wise guys liked Buffalo at six and a half, and there's been a lot of wise guy money moving this back down to six. It might even get down to five and a half before kickoff. So wise guys are on your side here. They like Miami, they like two where they want to fade the Bills because they've been playing so well. I will tell you, I'll give you the other side of that argument, because I've bet Buffalo at minus six, I will be against the wise guys. I might be against you two. I want to give everybody the opportunity to hear both sides. Tua is terrible against teams that are good that are on the road, Okay, two and ten straight up, three eight to one against the spread away from home versus winning teams. In his NFL career with the Dolphins. Also, the Bills offense has been top three in the league across the majority of metrics, superficial, advanced metrics, whatever you want to do when it comes to rushing the ball. The Dolphins are a terrible tackling team. So from a matchup perspective and a history perspective, I think the Bills have an advantage. But the Wise guys, they like what they saw. They feel like two of the second game back after the concussion, he's going to be better. They feel like this Buffalo team it's a little bit too high. It's inflated because of how well the Bills have been playing. So wise guys are with you, Colin, but I'm not okay.
Speaker 2: So I like Arizona minus one and a half at home. First of all, Matt eber Flus is the worst road coach in the league. Terrible. Secondly, Arizona is better. Their personnel offensively is the best kept secret in the league. I love Connor the back, McBride the tight end. Harrison now is getting more consistent. He's a dog kyler Murray in the second half was outstanding. And I never trust this team's consistency and maturity. But I like the staff. I like their fight Chicago. If you start looking at Chicago, they unraveled last week. They really did. They were lucky to be in a position to lose by hail Mary. Arizona's a good home team. Eber Flu's awful on the road. Arizona minus one and a half. Sharper square.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sharp ish, like if the wise guys are playing anything here, they're playing Arizona, but it's not primary in the games. They're betting. A lot of wise guys I talked to, they kind of want to pass on this game. In a perfect world, in a vacuum, they bet on the Bears. The Bears are more talented offensively. They're a really good defensive team, and they're really good at rushing the passer, and they're really good in coverage. Now the challenge for the Bears is Montes Sweat didn't practice on Wednesday. Has an injured shin. We don't know what his status will be. They're ten and five with Montes Sweat since he joined the team. Okay, number one, that's really good for pass rush. Number two, Braxton Jones there left tackle. He probably isn't going to play. Did not practice this week. They were terrible when he left the game last week. Caleb was running for his life, and then they got worse when Braxton Jones backup came in and Braxton Jones backup is not going to be playing this week, so they're scraping the bottom of the barrel there. But here's what's interesting about Kyler. Kyler is great in the chaos and what the Bears would create and what their strength is is creating chaos for quarterbacks because they are so good at rushing the passer and so good in coverage. So kyler strengths actually plays to the Bear strength, which is another reason why the wise guys aren't quite looking to rush to bet this game. And like you, eberflus Man, and I can't imagine you don't have a theory on this, but as a Bears fan, why draft Kaleb Williams and then keep a coach who's a defensive coach who if he doesn't do well this year, you know you're going to get rid of then you're going to bring in a new coach. And you've basically wasted a year and created bad habits for Caleb Williams. Right, So now all of a sudden, ebra flus is basically throwing his team under the bus, saying we practiced this play the Hail Mary every single week. I don't know why the guys didn't do it right. That hasn't sat well, so people don't know what they're going to get with the Bears this week.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know I love the magic number four, four and a half and five. I take the favorites. Washington thoroughly outplayed Chicago, and Chicago's a pretty decent team. The Giants, now, as we talked about no Andrew Thomas Daniel Jones visibly frustrated during the week two point conversion against the Steelers. They're off him. Everybody in the building knows that. It just feels like a horrible environment. The owner has supported the GM and the coach, the quarterback. I think Washington's a really good team. I think they're for real. I think now Jaden Daniels is healthier. I didn't feel he was at one hundred percent last weekend. I would take Washington minus four. I know it's a division rivalry game. Sharper Square.
Speaker 1: No, the wise guys are with you. They're they're betting on Washington and it's a Normally they wouldn't right a division game. Right, You're getting a home dog at more than a field goal, you want to bet the home dog. And we've got other games in which that is a scenario this week, but right now, like three and a half for a team that has lost its left tackle. He was the only reason that you ever felt comfortable betting on this team because he was so good at stabilizing that line. And now Tyrone Tracy, who has really been an offensive weapon out of the backfield for them, the running back out of Purdue, he had a concussion, not likely to play. You're right about Daniel Jones. I think it's only a matter of time before they give him the hook because they owe him, you know, twenty three million dollars if he gets injured next season. So I think pretty soon this experiment with Danny Dimes is going to end.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think the Rams are really a good football team when healthy. In fact, if you go back to last year when Stafford, Kyron Williams, Pooka, and Cooper Cup play their seven and three in their losses at Detroit and overtime at Baltimore in overtime, offensive coach and Matt Stafford played on Thursday extra time to prepare. They only have to give up one at Seattle. This is a coach and a quarterback mismatch. They are now healthier and like the Packers offensively. The Rams defensively are crazy young young teams grow. They become better and better every few weeks. The Packers offense just getting better every two games. This Rams defense is high draft picks, hungry, no stars, fast, young, and collectively very good. The Rams put away the Seahawks.
Speaker 1: Here Sharper Square, Colin, You and I right now are going into the foxhold on the Los Angeles Rams. The wise guys hate this bet. The Rams opened it as one and a half point underdogs. They are now almost two and a half point favorites. The wise guys they love Seattle at two and a half. I'm with you and Simon Hunter and my co host, he's with you, like we feel like we are alone in the foxhol betting this game, and we don't see what other people are seeing in Seattle. You've said this before. Sean McVay. For all the bells and whistles, all the motion on this team, he likes to run the ball. And Kyen Williams has been a top five running back in the NFL the past season and the half and he has been amazing since this season began, especially against team like Seattle, which are bottom third in all the rushing staff that matter. They're total rushing yards yards per carry EPA per rush like they are not a very good rush defense, They're still a team that's developing its talent. Hookah's back. He's a great run blocker. You saw that last week. He's just so freaking big Cooper cup back. Stafford is great in these situations. He's a quarterback at the end of the day. Like you've said, there are quarterbacks that you just don't want to bet against. And sometimes I make my decisions about who I want to bet on based on how uncomfortable am I going to be if I am betting the other side and this quarterback has the ball in the last two minutes. Matthew Stafford's top five on that list. So you and I brother, if it's in the blazon, you're going to be in a foxhole. I'm going to be in the foxhole. Will be in it together.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of games that are fascinating to me. First of all, I don't know if it's a stay away game. I think I would take the Vikings at home minus five against the Colts because they're making a quarterback change. Also, I think the Vikings I think the Rams on the road and the Lions, those offenses and those coaching staffs can make teams look very bad. And I think Minnesota's defense, if you go back three weeks, we thought it was pretty good. I think they need to redeem themselves before they get into division play. I think this is a good spot for them. I think they have a quarterback advantage. I think both coaches are really good, but in this spot with a quarterback change, I think Minnesota has to get right. There's real urgency here before they get to the Green Bays, the Detroit's, the Chicago's in their schedule. I would take the Vikings minus five sharper square.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the wise guys have been betting the Colts. They bet them at six, they bet them at five and a half. If it's down to five, it means they bet them again. The Colt situation is incredibly confusing. Shane Steken kind of intimated that this was coming from ownership, right, Like you look at Anthony Richardson, Completion percentage is not a very good way to judge developing quarterback. And there's been a lot of great analysis this week about if you analyze each one of his throws. He's making the choices that are the lower percentage throw but the higher ROI if they're completed versus eight yard outs that won't get you the first down, or twenty yard outs that will get you the first down. And so there's decisions being made there. And Shane Steichen, I'm a huge fan as a coach. The wise guys are on this game because when it became Flacco, they sort of felt a little bit more comfortable that he can manage Brian Flores defense and anything this guy throws at him. And don't forget, the Colts have an elite rushing game. And we talked about this last week. It's why I like the Colts against the Texans last week. If you have a really good coach who's a good play caller, and you have an elite unit and you're a decent sized underdog, I'm going to make that play. And that game played out exactly as we expected it to play out with the Colts. They dominated on the ground right and they had so that Jonathan Taylor had more than one hundred yards rushing in his first game back. They ran six point two yards per carry. Like they will rely on the running game they'll find ways to potentially keep this game close. So feels a little bit trappy to bet the Vikings. It's not going to be a game that I'm invested in it all.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's a game that I would never bet. You know, I take the big number off the board. People try to talk to me in the Lions Titans should have won't do it. Ravens at home minus nine and a half now, Lamar has taken a couple practices off the Ravens by adding another receiver are telling you, listen, we don't have Kansas City's defense or Buffalo's. We're going to win by scoring. They want to ramp up this offense. Their weakness is the back end, over the top. You can beat them and Mahomes and Josh Allen might, Herbert might. Bo Nicks isn't. That's not how they're built. He's not a big deep ball thrower. He's more agile, mobile underneath. Raven's weakness is not going to be exploited by Denver. This is a tough spot. Raven's off a loss again. Baltimore on most Sundays the last two years has been the knockout artist in this league, blasting teams at home, not beating them, blasting Niners Miami like Detroit. This is a number, all swallow Ravens nine and a half. I know I am as square as a lego.
Speaker 1: Right, Not this week, brother, not this week. Like last week. I tried to get you on the Lions. I love the Lions, and like that was a no brainer from the get go. It didn't matter what the number was going to be. We were betting Lions the Ravens. The wise guys are coming in on the Ravens. And it's a little bit tricky because Denver's defense is peers, right, get great pass rush, great pass rush, great against the run, like their front four is phenomenal. But you can also look at it and say they've played not very good teams. They've had a relatively easy schedule, weaker quarterbacks, weaker quarterbacks. Right, you can look at you can look at the Ravens and say, okay, they should be dominating, but they laid every they let every team back into it. And look at what Jamis did last week. Look at what Jaden Daniels. The Ravens were up by ten, they spread was seven and a half. The Commanders lost that game by seven because the Ravens let Jaden Daniels get back into it. We've seen it week after week after week. The Ravens give up seventeen point three points per game in the second half this year. That is the worst in the NFL. Only the Titans are at thirty one. It's like those two and last week they were tied, and so the Raven's number got worse this week and the Titans number, after giving fifty two points, got better. That's how bad the Ravens back end has been. If you watched that game last week, Ross Tucker, who's a great broadcaster and really good podcaster, he talked about like you look on film and every single week this Ravens defense, the back end, they look confused and they're communicating and trying to get it right while the play is being called and while the ball is being snapped. So it's a huge gamble literally to take the Ravens at this big in number. You gotta believe that boon Nicks won't be able to go over the top in the same way. And you know Sean Payton is going to have him sling it like he's he's playing him like he's a fourth year pro. So it's risky, but the wise guys are on it. If you want to be on it, I can't walk you off it.
Speaker 2: Okay. So the game that's most interesting to me every game. Every week, I pick a game and I want you to convince me. So my natural thing is even off of bye, Dallas just doesn't deliver much to the field off of by against the San Francisco defense without Dray green Law not really playing particularly well, some top starters out, they couldn't generate much offense and they were dominated once you went off script in the third quarter and adjusted by the Niners. So I just don't like Dallas. Every part of my being loves Atlanta minus two and a half three every part. But Atlanta is off a very very competitive divisional game, highly emotional game, and I can see them coming back down the earth. I can see Dallas. Remember, Atlanta offers no pressure. Guys like Dak and Gino Smith with time to throw are usually really effective. So my gut feeling is Atlanta's the side. I picked Atlanta to be the number one seed in the NFC with twelve to thirteen wins. I love them, but something tells me Dallas is the side.
Speaker 1: Here Dallas is where the wise guys are. And this number gets to three, it gets bet down to two and a half, it gets bet back up to three, goes down to two and a half. The wise guys definitely like the Cowboys here. It's a little strange, you know, the Falcons. Kirk Cousins is basically run up his numbers thrown against the Buccaneers and the Panthers. That's how he's made had such a good year, and like he's played, honest to guy, He's throwing like eight touchdowns and thrown for eight hundred yards against the Buccaneers, and so you look at those numbers, you're like, oh my god, he's a Maybe he finally made Kyle Pitts look like what everyone has been drooling about from a fantasy point of view for the past three or four years. But against regular teams, they're generally mediocre, and so the question becomes, especially against teams that can cover and they can rush the passer. So the question you have to ask yourself is is Micah Parsons going to play? Because without Micah Parsons, the Cowboys can't rush the passer. That is, you know, part of the phrase and Achilles Heel for Kirk Cousins. He's not very good against coverage right now. Is Deron Bland going to play? He practiced this week the Cowboys cornerback. If so, the Cowboys are much much better in coverage. Dak Prescott is basically a mal Santa at this point. Like he does not move inside the pocket, right he just sits for four hours. The guy's just sitting there giving away gifts to Cede Lamb. If he is able to do that against a team like the Falcons they can't get any pressure, then yeah, he's gonna slice them up. Cowboys have no running game. They can't stop their run. It is so ugly, it will be so uncomfortable. Everything about these teams says fraud. So you're really just deciding I'm betting on the underdog as a fraud.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's always a game or two I missed. I have a feeling Chargers Browns could be one of them. I would be prone to bet against Cleveland after a win. That would be my gut feeling. Is that one of the games I missed.
Speaker 1: Well, certainly, it's a game that a lot of wise guys are talking about, and they have been betting on Cleveland. This number has moved down. I think it was at two and a half and no, down to two, now down to one and a half. I'm with you, man, I don't get it. And this is what makes betting so interesting, right because you have to decide when are you selling. It's like the market. Are you selling? Are you going to hold on for one week too long? Are you going to lose ten to twenty percent of your value? Or are you getting out at the peak. Let's break down the Ravens and the Chargers as competition for Jamis. Let's break down Jamis as he played the Ravens last week. He was great, sliced him up. Also had a fumble at the end of the first half that put the Ravens in position to score the go ahead touchdown. Instead of being down six three, they're up ten to six. The play before he threw that dime to Cedric Tilman to win the game for the Ravens, he threw a gimme interception to Kyle Hamilton. The Kyle Hamilton dropped and there were three of those in that game, right, So now you go look at the Chargers. The Chargers have an elite run defense, they have a great playmaker and Justin Herbert, who doesn't turn the ball over, you know they are going to run the ball. Is Jameis Winston going to get away with the same mistakes. That is my concern in betting on the Browns. The wise guys are betting that Jamis will continue to find a way to be Jamis, and that because this offensive line is getting healthier, because this defense is getting healthier, because the game is in Cleveland, there's an upswing, there's still momentum. I'm not buying it. So if you want to pass on it, I get it. If you want to take the Chargers, I get it. The Charger's number is getting lower. It's a little trappy to take sort of the road dog, the road favorite in this spot. So it's not a huge play for me. But I will bet the Chargers.
Speaker 2: Anything else I missed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll talk about the Lions and the Packers.
Speaker 2: Well, because I don't know if Jordan Love is gonna play.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter. Don't care. As Jay Cutler says in the Urinal in Chicago, when someone tells them they went to Vanderbilt, don't care. I don't care. I'm betting the Packers at plus three and a half. And by the way, if Jordan Love isn't playing and it's Malik Willison, the number goes up to four four and a half. I'm still playing the Packers. Matt Lafleur is an elite, elite schemer. He has been amazing this season. Matt lefloor seventy percent against the spread when he is an underdog, and by the way, when he's an underdog of three or more points eighteen and four, you got Jared Goff who has a bocky ankle. You've got Jared Goff playing outdoors. You've got the Lions at peak value right now. You've got the Lions going against a Packers offensive line that is a fantastic pass blocking unit. And this will be the first time we really see the impact of not having Aiden Hutchinson to rush the passer. And by the way, Lake willis what has he done badly to not give us confidence? He Mett with fluor understands what he is getting into with that quarterback. This is a smash the smash spot for the Packers. I love the Packers here.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why you're a professional gambler, and I'm a radioshmuck.
Speaker 1: By the way. By the way, nobody knows nothing until the game is over. But I am definitely my toughest loss of the year I took. You know, I love the number four. I took green Bay against Jacksonville and they kneel before rushing in. That was rough, right, that was rough. I think I told you to take Jacksonville at three and a half.
Speaker 2: I know, but I honestly green Bay led. I felt like I was in the wrong. I felt like I was on the right. But the way I lost. I remember last year I lost a doint on the Saints. They like hit the crossbar maybe twice in that game. I felt like about once a year. I laugh. I don't get angry. I feel like you got to be kidding me. They led by I think ten At one point in the second half, they're going in running for the touchdown and the guy doesn't die of the two and I thought, well, okay, the experts, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how it works out. By the way, that Jacksonville game was a joke. I was joking on the podcast this week. I hated the Jacksonville bet. I didn't want to make it. I thought it was a bad idea. I hate that team. I'm not impressed with them. Everything that we needed to go right in that game went right. It was a lucky, lucky win. But then you got to look at the Colts against the Texans, and either I got lucky, we got we got either we got really lucky with the Colts because the Texans were going to the very least kick a field goal late in the game. If Joe Mixon is ce J Shroud, don't botch the snap, don't botch the handoff, and the Colts recover and then you know they can go down and do their thing or the game ends at three. It wasn't going to go like that, But everything that leading led up to that made it feel like a great handicap. Everything with Jacksonville felt like a bad handicap, and we just got lucky in the end. But you sort of have to say to yourself, did I get lucky in both games? Or were both games a great handicap? So I'm going with they were genius ideas and I am hoping the same thing happens with the Packers.
Speaker 2: Sharper Square Chad Milman, co host of the Favorites All Odds provided by DraftKings.
Speaker 1: Thanks Buddy, see you Buddy, Joey Halloween.
Speaker 2: Thanks the volume, Thanks so much for listening. If you've enjoyed the podcast, take a moment, rate and review