Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey and this is the Second Date podcast.
Speaker 2: You found it?
Speaker 1: Yes, So a month ago, two months ago, alexis two, we tried out the Awkward Tuesday phone call. Yes, because if you didn't realize, we are a full radio show and we do a lot of other things outside of the Second Date And so we're like, Okay, y'all love the Second Date update. We love that. Would you also like this little relationship segment as well? And you guys did, yes, Yes, the Awkward Tuesday goes up on Sunday right now, which made no sense. Yeah, and it has been one of the most downloaded segments of the podcast for the last two and a half months. So so in honor of that, we are going to add some sort of clarity of the situation and we are going to start playing Awkward Tuesdays on Tuesday. Wow, genius, I know, pretty innovative. So thank you for being here, thank you for the likes, the follows, the comments, and we're going to make a little more sense. And right now is your Awkward Tuesday phone call on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: You know, our show really is all about bringing people together. Yeah, against all odds, that's what we try to do, getting a ten to agree to slummet with a two right, convincing a woman to give her ex boyfriend one more chance. Oh, come on, it's changed.
Speaker 1: Sorry for the eighteenth time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he promises he'll never make out with your mom again. Sometimes that was enough.
Speaker 1: I believe it.
Speaker 3: So we're all again. We're all about bringing people together. That's why one of our listeners asked us for help turning a woman down the little flummox. Although I do have to reject Brooks advances every day, so maybe this is actually right up our alley.
Speaker 1: Every hem, not hitting on you, just coworker whoa brook Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wowit on the conversation. But it is important for him because if he can't do this, his job is going to be on the line. Oh you're gonna hear why when we do your ran new awkward Tuesday phone call? Right now? It's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Jose recently mentioned on the show how excited he was when he received a text message from me outside of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm still on that high, jee.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've heard about this text message more than god.
Speaker 3: So embarrassing. No, I try to never text people outside of the workplace, especially when I'm drinking, because I know that anything that I say might come back to haunt me later, just like it did on the show. Text again, I know, don't remind me, don't remind me, don't say me into the dark place again. Yeah, I was not making fun of you. Look, we all had brought him at a certain point, and that was mine. But it's a good lesson to remember because I know our listener, Jimmy, wishes he had kept his phone in his pocket during a Saturday night out. So Jimmy, welcome to the show. Tell us how this whole ordeal started for you.
Speaker 1: Oh, man, I just want to know what emojis?
Speaker 2: He is that man? Yeah, man, I'm gonna jump right into it. So I met this wonderful lady on one of the dating apps, and it was one of those times where we actually clicked. It wasn't just one and done type situation we started hanging out for. It was like two weeks straight. Nine or ten days out of those two weeks.
Speaker 3: We're all wanted dunbe people on this show, so we can't relate. But it sounds really nice. Doesn't that feel great? When you like immediately meet them when you immediately click it and you feel like you want to you can't get enough of them. You eventually will.
Speaker 1: But but I'm guessing we're leading into the fact that she's the one that he texted when he was drinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the days we didn't hang out, I hung out with my fellas and we were watching a game, and they were of course asked me, you know where you've been. We haven't heard from you. You know, I kind of told him the whole deal.
Speaker 3: They must have been so happy for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they totally were. I mean they were pushing me and juicing me up.
Speaker 3: I was convinced that you were going to die alone. Buddy's good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was starting to worry about that same thing.
Speaker 1: You were worried about it too. That sounds like you have a good group of friends. That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean all that was great, and uh, as the night went on, we had a few more drinks, they kept asking me more and more questions, and I started getting a more you know, looselipped, and I kind of told my friends, which is kind of how I felt that I think this might be the girl I love.
Speaker 3: After only a few weeks.
Speaker 1: I mean I think sometimes you just know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this situation that did, I mean, that's all from the time I woke up to the time I slept, she was all I was thinking about all day.
Speaker 1: Why is it in past tense?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: It was thinking honeymoon fees come to it?
Speaker 3: God already. So this is called the awkward Tuesday phone call? Where does this story turn awkward?
Speaker 2: Well, so as that night went on and continued drinking, a few shots were involved, I believe, And they're like, dude, man, if you feel this way, have you told her? Why don't you tell her?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 2: No, And uh, that was probably the wrong time for them to kind of push me in that way, because no.
Speaker 1: No, no, right, tell her I love her?
Speaker 3: No, you never ever tell a woman that. Wait, yeah, no point in your life.
Speaker 1: Should that be revealed on your wedding day? Yeah, we love the healthy ssculinity coming from you right now?
Speaker 3: Please tell me you did not admit that to her.
Speaker 2: Well, I decided to text her this, okay.
Speaker 1: Text, well where your garden? Not even because he's drunk, I mean, who hasn't done it?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Confess like more than they should have had a drunken ny.
Speaker 3: Well, what did you say? Yeah? You sent that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was about a paragraph long, way, way, way too much. Probably a few typos in there too, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: No way did she reply?
Speaker 2: This is the worst part. This is the awkward part.
Speaker 3: You haven't the worst part yet.
Speaker 2: I wish, I wish that would have been the situation. I might not even be talking to you all right now?
Speaker 3: Oh no, there were photos involved too.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. Walk up the next morning feeling pretty raunchy, as you can imagine. And there was a reply. But the reply was from my boss.
Speaker 1: Your boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, you texted your boss?
Speaker 2: What? Wait she has the same name? No?
Speaker 1: Wait is better?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: No, you touched your boss? Is better?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, But what Brookes said? Who hasn't been there and texted their boss drunken lee and can that's their true feelings?
Speaker 2: What did you?
Speaker 1: What did your boss say? What was the reply back?
Speaker 2: So she actually said we'll talk about this next week with a wink emoji? Wait on, hold on?
Speaker 1: Is she like one of those old people that don't understand how emojis?
Speaker 3: Because my mom would have sent like red lips or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thees sentual lips get sent by my mom too.
Speaker 3: And maybe you don't like squinty stern emoji with that one?
Speaker 1: Could that be?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: Is that what you're thinking?
Speaker 2: Well, I was hoping, but then we ended up having a meeting at the office a few days later, and uh, she said that, Uh, she's feeling the same way about me as I feel about her.
Speaker 3: Dude, way you've never even liked about your boss like that.
Speaker 1: I love that a manager sets a meeting to tell you that she has.
Speaker 3: Did you have a whole PowerPoint presentation ready to share her feelings back to you?
Speaker 1: Is it so embarrassing for her?
Speaker 2: And now you guys know why I need her?
Speaker 1: How so you're telling us in where she's confessing that she feels the same way, you don't say anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was frozen. I did not want to lose my job and I just want things to go back to normal. So I really really need your help on this one. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, my god. So you got one thing. You got me on your team, and I'm really good at ruining everything with women. I'm gonna get on this brother, all right.
Speaker 1: A couple of jokes from Jose and she'll be turned off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me try to hit on her, actually run away. Thanks to Jose, we might have some hope because we're gonna call your boss and let you talk to her. Say hey, I didn't mean to say I loved you in a text the other night. Try to get stuff back to normal with your job.
Speaker 1: Right, at least you didn't text your crush though, Yeah, you know, happy about it.
Speaker 3: We'll let you make your awkward Tuesday phone calls to your boss right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. We don't have an HR department here anymore.
Speaker 1: I laugh because it's true.
Speaker 3: But even with zero repercussions for our actions, we still know not to say I love you to our boss.
Speaker 1: Although our boss does have a really cute sellern accent.
Speaker 3: That's not me trying to put blame on our listener Jimmy, because he did that accidentally during a night out drinking with his buddies, and he meant to send it as an I love you text message confession to the new girl that he'd been seeing, but instead it went to his boss, who shares the same first name. And the worst party is the boss is actually into it.
Speaker 1: Yes, tell us.
Speaker 3: So, Jimmy, I don't even ask you. What is your boss's name?
Speaker 2: It's ver Veronica.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're gonna call your boss Veronica here and let you make this call. First, we need to get you some advice. So, Jose, what are you thinking you need to tell that when you texted Earli other night, you didn't think twice about it. The fact that you work together, your passion took over. But if you think about the logistics, she's the manager. You love your job, So I think you tell her.
Speaker 1: It's not always illegal to date someone within the company. You could just need to go tell management.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's an easy out.
Speaker 1: Listen, probably, yeah, but no, just say, look, I think the logistics aren't gonna work and we got to separate and just stay where we are.
Speaker 3: Okay. You're not telling her that message wasn't for you, No, because you don't want to let her down and make her feel bad. You just want to say, you know what, it's just not meant to be run Okay, okay, lightly stepping away, Brook, What do you think?
Speaker 1: Well? I mean your goal is you want things to go back to normal, and I think you need to give up on that. Dream because that ship has sales. It is gone. Yeah, so we're going to plan B. And that's for you to be the villain. You got to make it so she can't love you because you suck. I love that you need to tell her, tell her you have a secret family. Wait with someone.
Speaker 3: You forgot to tell us to work with her though she's gonna lose all respect for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the thing. And then you say, listen, if you don't tell anyone about the secret family, I won't tell anyone that you're in love with me. That's a pretty good idea.
Speaker 3: Jimmy, how do you feel about those pieces of advice? Or you're leaning towards either one.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess if I had to choose, i'd probably go with a jose one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I win again. I'm gonna tell you right now, she's gonna quit her job. You're gonna be honey meaning in the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, go for it. Let's see how this works.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I love how book describes honeymooning in the Bahamas is a bad thing.
Speaker 1: It is a bad thing.
Speaker 3: Jeff Well, I don't know that could be sounded kind of nice. But we're gonna step away here, Jimmy. We're gonna dial your boss Veronica for you and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call. Good luck, Okay, jumping in, I feel like you need a little help.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Helu Hey, Veronica, it's Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Oh do me you know what? Speak of the devil? I was just talking about you.
Speaker 2: Oh, hopefully good things.
Speaker 4: Oh, of course, all good things. By the way, the nine o'clock meeting tomorrow is moved to ten thirty. I'm going to make sure you got that in my mouth because I want to see you there.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Veronica. You know, I think before we hook up on that meeting, I think we something we really need to talk about.
Speaker 4: I never said we were hooking up at the meeting, sweetheart, but maybe after.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sorry, I did not mean to hook up at the meeting. Look anyway, let me tell you why we need to talk. Oh, you know the text that I sent late Saturday night.
Speaker 4: I do know the text.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't think I thought the whole thing through.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you didn't think it's true? You are attracted to me?
Speaker 2: Right? Well? Yeah, of course I'm attracted to you. I mean, I could anybody know be attracted to you, but.
Speaker 4: You just needed a little liquid courage. You had that with your alcohol and it kind of opened up your mind.
Speaker 2: And you don't have to worry.
Speaker 4: Very very hush hushed. We don't need anybody at the office to know. And it can be a casual thing. It's okay. I know that I'm older than you, so we can just have it like you're mind. Boy toy?
Speaker 2: Did you say, boy toy?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just a term of endearment. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: You know the reason I bring it up. Look, I know we both love our jobs, and I don't know if you thought about it. I just started thinking about it, and I just don't want this to get out in any way and harm either one of us.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't think that you're thinking this whole thing through. You wouldn't be my first experience at the office, sweetiest goodness. I probably shouldn't be telling this to you. But you know Luke and Marketing, Uh yeah, I know Luke.
Speaker 2: What about him?
Speaker 4: Well, we had a little fling for a few months last summer and nobody in the office knows about it. I mean, don't worry it's not like I cut him off. We still do stuff every once in a while, but it's not all the time.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: Oh, you can't.
Speaker 2: We all can't.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Hey, Veronica, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I'm on the radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Jimmy is one of our listeners, and he asked for help doing this thing called the awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you have a history.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Is there any job openings where you working?
Speaker 1: People work?
Speaker 3: That sounds actually more fun than where we were.
Speaker 2: No, you, guys, you.
Speaker 1: Should have been doing this.
Speaker 2: Guys, Look, Veronica is awesome. Do not give her her hard time at all. Please, No, we're not.
Speaker 3: I'm complimenting her.
Speaker 4: If anything, I think that's Jimmy's job to give me a hard time.
Speaker 3: This is not the reaction that I was expecting at all. I thought she'd be upset or disappointed.
Speaker 1: But if anything, embarrassed.
Speaker 3: For God's sake, if anything, she sounds turned on. This isn't really what you were going for, was it.
Speaker 2: Look, Veronica, here's the deal. And I should have told you this from the very beginning. And I'm sorry, but I actually have an actual lady I met in the last few weeks who's also named Veronica, that I am in love with, and that is who the text was intended for. Your name came up in my list when I started typing V and it was a mistake and I've been drinking too much, and that's where this all started.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, yeah, a lot. It was a really bad mistake that he made one night and it kind of just got out of control, and that's why he didn't know how to reel it back in. That's why we're here to help him.
Speaker 2: And you know, I called the radio show and they gave me this really bad advice and why we're here right now.
Speaker 1: Guess what, Jimmy was free? Okay, you didn't pay for that.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, Jimmy, I don't know what kind of advice they gave you. But that doesn't mean we can't hang out every once in a while, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Okay, you needed you can't do that.
Speaker 4: Why he's already pinking the name Veronica in bed, so why not.
Speaker 3: Did he mention that he also has a second family that he abandoned overseas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's too late. We're hanging out.
Speaker 3: Wow, I think he did it.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jimmy, I think you need to get your resume together.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess sounds like you're gonna get a promotion at this job. I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Look, all I want to do is I just want to please please this is go back to normal and just act like he didn't see the text. And let's just act like we used to. But when we used to see each other. Okay, well, does.
Speaker 4: That mean you were not undressing me? Because I was undressing you when I used to look at you. I'm asking Jimmy, I'm not asking you. Female Radio Personal.
Speaker 3: Had enough of you broke. Yeah, something is so antiquated. This is the modern working world, the guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, if our office had an HR apartment, I would get that woman or person in here right now.
Speaker 4: We don't lie. That's my man, and I think you need to back up.
Speaker 3: Jimmy. It sounds like your boss isn't going to give you much of a choice here. So I mean, I guess you've got two special ladies in your life, a work, live in and out of work. Yeah, I make it easy on you.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Okay, looking Jeffrey in the morning,