Speaker 1: It's the Best Bit of the Week with Morgan two.
Speaker 2: She's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bones.
Speaker 3: Show this week time to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show. Welcome to Best Bits Part two Morgan here. If you're interested, check out part one, Part three. This weekend it is with Scuba Steve. Part one, we would take a walkdown memory Lane. We caught up on a bunch of things around nostalgia, some of our favorite old TV shows. We even did some comparisons like are you a pepsi or a coke person? And then part three we answered listener questions and it kind of goes off the rails in that one.
Speaker 1: So check both of those out.
Speaker 3: But if you don't want to, don't have time, then you're gonna get caught up on the show. Right now, we've played a round of Bobby Feud. The category was top places to wait in line and this one caused some controversy.
Speaker 2: Number seven and now the Bobby Feud. The category is name a place where you have to wait in line? Two thousand Bobby Bone Show listeners, well around that took hard in this name a place where you have to wait in line? Morgan, you won the dice roll backstage. It's Morgan Amy and Lunchbox playing out of your out. You lost lost all right, Morgan. Name of place you have to wait in line?
Speaker 4: First thing that came to my mind had to do with food.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go with a restaurant or fast food.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know if they're like.
Speaker 5: In the same restaurant.
Speaker 2: Food that's not good? Wow, what a week start?
Speaker 4: Why you wait in line up?
Speaker 5: Fast food all the time?
Speaker 1: Rutthroughs mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: The grocery store, show me grocery store, grocery store and retail store the same at number three yeah points three points right, because you got to check out. I think that's probably what it was like, got to get your crap check out. The d m B show me the dimva Yeah. Number one answer that deep.
Speaker 1: Uh the movie theater. Explain that to me, well, either to get your ticket or get your popcorn. There's a line, oh.
Speaker 6: The popcorn, show me the cinema.
Speaker 2: Number ten answer is the movie theater. Have yourself ten points there, AM's on fire, ashes heating up.
Speaker 1: I'm heating up. Grocery store, retail shoot.
Speaker 2: Name a place where we have to wait in line?
Speaker 1: Well you have to wait on line.
Speaker 5: Oh the fair?
Speaker 2: Okay, just hit eggs, right, the fair. That's funny for our d's just so random? No buckstore, No, no, fair did not make it. I don't know. You know what I'm hold on. I think fair might make after I laughed at you.
Speaker 1: I think fair because what amusement park's on there?
Speaker 2: Theme park?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is theme part. After I laughed at it, I didn't realize I'm stupid, trust me. I didn't want her to get that because I laughed at it. Mike, wouldn't you say yeah that saying okay, rides when you said rides, that's what triggered I'm stupid. I shouldn't have laugh at you. I apologize number four.
Speaker 1: I'm fox happy about that. Where else do we have to wait in line?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 2: Atle egg on my face on that one.
Speaker 1: To get our oil changed?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, all is the line. The old line is the oil changing place? No, okay, bunch box over to you. Name a place where we have to wait in line? Yeah, man, that amusement park. I was ready to jump on it after she said fair.
Speaker 1: Crap.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know when you go to.
Speaker 10: A stadium, you go to the stadium and you're watching a ball game, and you're like, you know.
Speaker 2: Show me say you said stadium twice in that, and you guys try to stretch the stuff out so you can say like seven things and encompass answers. No, I haven't even finished my thought.
Speaker 10: The answer is the concession stand. You're watching the game, you get thirsty your heart for concession stand.
Speaker 2: The correct All right, Morgan, Come on, Morgan.
Speaker 4: I'm still thrown off by Masood restaurants.
Speaker 3: So the only only thing that's come to my mind is like the voting polls.
Speaker 4: You have to wait in line to vote.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's good to vote, show me to vote, not my category?
Speaker 7: Okay, places you gotta wait in line? The doctor, show me the doctor. When do you wait a long with the doctor?
Speaker 2: Doctor and pharmacy are the same line. Oh yeah, you're always in lie of the doctor. I feel like you're just waiting a room in line. I didn't make the list, though, Go ahead, Next upm.
Speaker 1: Homos said, sporting event.
Speaker 2: But do you want a stadium concert? Show me concert? Choose words wisely? Here, lunchbox, a bar, gotta wait and line at the bar? Oh yeah, is there anything else coming, we go with bar with the club. No, that's different than a bar. No, it's the same thing. If and a music part of the same thing, that's the same thing. They are the same because you can go to a bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well then a music parking.
Speaker 2: That's what we said, rides. That's why, that's why I canceled the who thing because you want you said rides. It was like, because I didn't want to give it to you. Uh, there's no bar or club, by the way, they're both wrong. Okay, Morgan, how gonna do we have? Three rounds? Zero points? Lunchbox zero points? Ms? Oh? Wow? Nomination?
Speaker 5: How many?
Speaker 2: How many options do we have? Love? One? Two, three, four, five? Name a place you wait in line?
Speaker 1: Name that place you wait?
Speaker 3: I like, I guess I wait in some weird lines.
Speaker 2: I the triple truck stop store.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was thinking about a gas station.
Speaker 3: But like, I don't I wait in line of costs go to get gas?
Speaker 1: Is that not normal?
Speaker 2: All that sentence was weird. You guys can wait in life. I don't go to costs to get place. I just don't have a card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just oh man, okay, wait in line to get something?
Speaker 5: What would I wait in line for five seconds?
Speaker 3: I would wait in line to uh at the mail store to deliver a bag.
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 10: Yeah, post office, you got there?
Speaker 2: The mail store.
Speaker 1: It could be like.
Speaker 2: Absolutely panicking over here. Okay, Morgan, you're on the board that from a double points.
Speaker 1: You have eighteen Hey, y'all take you that's a big one.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Where else when I go and wait in line?
Speaker 4: Retail store was already in Amy's. That was another place I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Name a place where you wait on line?
Speaker 4: You do wait in line, a lot of them all, but like that's retail.
Speaker 2: Okay, five seconds?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Where else do you wait in line at a stoplight?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: Sitting in traffic.
Speaker 2: At a stop light? Show me stoplight? Okay, Morgan has eighteen points? Amy have thirty two. This is your last time around? Round three point of tripled, last time go ahead?
Speaker 1: Phone store?
Speaker 2: Show me the cell phone store. Didn't make it There four answers left, lunch brogs. Santa, show me that's good Santa? No, I you like take a picture with your number two? Why are you so mad? Because she got theme park?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, doctor's office. You don't wait in line. I didn't on the list. There is no line, doctor argue with a list. That's not a line. But pharmacy and doctor are the same. I didn't You don't wait line at the pharmacy either, yea. Then how is drive through not a line? Didn't she did? Oh my god, what's happening?
Speaker 10: What a fair and amusement park of the same thing. But restaurant is different than drive through. That neither one of them made it.
Speaker 2: That's crazy stress like drive through a restaurant didn't make it either one of them, which is hilarious.
Speaker 10: That's what I'm saying. A doctor's office is this. I don't understand how it's a line. It's not Umer two is an airport.
Speaker 2: Number line. That's a line.
Speaker 11: One is the line?
Speaker 2: Number five is school pickup? He hates that one too. Why do you hate that one? I've never experienced that. You were shaking your head angrily at it. Yeah, we literally ride a bus. Okay, the school pickup line.
Speaker 1: It's so stressful thought that next up.
Speaker 2: I'm scared, just generally, I just get scared. A bank. Why are shaking ahead of that one?
Speaker 12: A bank?
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding eddie. You guys always say no one goes to a bank anymore. But it's on the list. Okay.
Speaker 1: I know y'all probably gonna make an elderly person joke. When my boyfriend still goes to the bank, it's like, you just do your online deposit and take pictures of the checks. He's like, I like to physically take the banks the checks into the bank. And I was.
Speaker 6: Like, hey, my father in law does that.
Speaker 2: And that number he's hated every one of them. I'm scared of the rest of them. What's the last one at number nine stadium getting colisseum it's just another version of it, car wash that one.
Speaker 1: I almost said that whatever when when Morgan said costco almost.
Speaker 10: And he's allowed to speak like six sentences, and I start talking and you just wring the butt like I didn't even get let me finish. And then but then you said concession stand. No, no, But he said that's your answer for stadium, and I was just so said or concession stand, neither one of the man.
Speaker 2: Right at the end.
Speaker 10: But I'm saying, Amy got to talk about seven different things, and she never said ride.
Speaker 2: She said the fair She said said I, well, I wanted to not give it to her.
Speaker 1: Now we know the root of it is that which makes way more sense than the doctors.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: The root of it is she didn't even say ride during her answer, and after it was buzzed, she goes, oh, man, because you know, you go get in a ride and it's like, oh, let's go back and give it to her.
Speaker 2: That was more of what I was mad about. What was the final score?
Speaker 10: Uh, Eddie, you had zero?
Speaker 2: Morgan eighteen Lunchbox zero.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: Bobby has figured out his Valentine's Day plans, and this serves as a reminder for anyone who is planning something for the big holiday. It is days away, so get your chocolates, your suitees figured out, or reservation, whatever your plans are, get it figured it out now so you're not scrambling at.
Speaker 2: The last minute.
Speaker 3: But Bobby's Valentine's plans include Eddie number six.
Speaker 2: I've got my Valentine's Day figured out and I'm pretty happy about it. So we talk about it, and not every couple celebrates Valentine's Day the same, and it's hard because it's on weekend night. I think it's a Saturday night. Celebrate mine on the twelfth this year.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing it a little different?
Speaker 2: Well, Mark, I'm asking Eddie, do you know about o Valentine's plans? I don't. So we were going to dinner, me and my wife Eddie, his wife. Last week. It got canceled and so we rescheduled it to the twelfth. And my wife said that counts as Valentine's dinner. She said that, yep, whoa yours.
Speaker 6: I haven't asked, but maybe I'll ask her. Hey, we're having this dinner with Bobby and Caitlint.
Speaker 2: We're going to a nice place.
Speaker 1: But the twelfth vountains on the fourteenth.
Speaker 6: So yeah, And the fact that your wife said that that counts, I mean she said it.
Speaker 1: So he's bought. Oh sweet, Bobby's going to pay for Eddie?
Speaker 2: Whoam? That wasn't part of the deal.
Speaker 1: It's not you know, you're probably going to pay for the dinner.
Speaker 2: Are you? I often do, Yeah, I know, but I often offer I get my wallet out.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh, okay, now, thanks, Boby appreciate that.
Speaker 2: It's a good point. Maybe I shouldn't pay for his dinner then, because it is Valentine's Day? True?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, if you don't pay, then it's definitely our Valentine's Day two.
Speaker 2: But do you want me to pay? What? Could you still count it as your Valentine's dinner if I paid? Amy, let me ask him.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I guess he could be he needs to do something else for his wife.
Speaker 6: Why why if Bobby's already doing that with his wife and we're at the same.
Speaker 1: Dinner to day now we're talking about if Bobby picks up the bill, Okay, then use that money to give your wife something else, because you already like return the Christmas present you bought her, and now here we are Valentine's Day and you need to get her something.
Speaker 6: I forgot about the Christmas present. You're right, man, that's a good dude. That's awesome that your wife did that.
Speaker 2: Though I'm almost positive she said you can count it, or maybe don't blame her. Maybe she said, are you going to count it? Either way? I heard count Oh, either way. I didn't even factor it in and they changed the day to dinner difference. I don't know, man, I think that connection can be drawn. And you know she's pregnant, so she didn't feel good a lot of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean, like, if she's gonna get dressed and put forth the effort of like getting ready and going out, then yeah, I would be like, yeah, let's do this. Don't don't do another dinner two nights later. You know that's a lot.
Speaker 6: I love the idea.
Speaker 2: I love the idea.
Speaker 6: And if you pay even better, dude, maybe maybe I get her roses afterwards and that kind of counts.
Speaker 2: Do you want Bobby to buy those two?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, I got I got that. I got that. Cot. I probably need to recheck, but I think the twelfth counts is not on times dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess that makes sense. You're still going to do something else though, but no, not, it's over a little something. Gift giving is your love language.
Speaker 2: You can't tell me what I'm doing and what my language is.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I thought we got it. I thought we kind of. That's pretty good, man, got a little bonus, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Really good.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: During all the crazy us of the ice storm and Amy had lost power. So one day up at the studio, her son came with her and we decided to ask him some questions about life and just figure out what's been going on with him recently. Well, that conversation spun into a listener wanting to question Amy about her son number five.
Speaker 2: If you go back and you listen to Tuesday's Bobby Boneshow podcast, Amy's son, Stevenson was in here with us. You guys didn't have power, so he was just up here. There was heat, yeah, and so I was like, hey, you can sit in the room with this, And then we got him on for a little bit. We were talking about driving, and so Jara is on who lives in Tallahassee. Hey, Jara, you're on the show.
Speaker 11: Morning Studio Morning. Okay, Amy, I have a question for you. I noticed you were very hesitant whenever Bobby asked him that he's fifteen years old, why hasn't he gotten a permit yet? And you kept reflexing and saying, oh, he can drive his bike, he can drive his scooter. And part of me feels like it's because you're afraidus is driving. But according to Bobby and the rest of the studio, you aren't the best driver around, So why are you so hesitant about him driving?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I know that's their opinion. I really am a good driver. We have. We did a driver's test and the instructor said I was the best.
Speaker 2: Super controlled environment though, and she knew the instructor. Yeah, yeah, here's more of a distract.
Speaker 1: Issues I have in a car are with non moving objects when I'm going like one mile an hour, Like it's that's.
Speaker 2: I think you get distracted really easy and you're focused on other things.
Speaker 1: It's no, it's my peripheral vision.
Speaker 2: No, it's I watch you all day. You can't stay focused on what R okay?
Speaker 1: So back to the original question, because I can stay focused. Uh, we are per a lot of people's advice that we have received delaying this part for him. There's a lot of things he's behind on even in his grade, Like he's fifteen, but he's in what is he in eighth grade? So his peers are not getting ready to drive at this point. So his education just emotionally mentally, he's delayed given his circumstances like growing up in an orphan initially seven coming here. We're delaying a lot of things, and it's good because he's just not quite there yet maturity wise. And I think that that's obvious and I was trying to deflect his I'm like, oh, this is still a question we get because he knows he's fifteen, and he knows other people, but he knows that his sister started taking you know, drivers at around that age, and they they were just at different levels at different times because she's matured a little faster than he did. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: I think you could have literally just said I'm the mom and we'd have been like, yea, yep, we got it. But I appreciate you explaining it like that, Jara, what do you think?
Speaker 11: Okay, I definitely appreciate that. I do have another question for you. Able to follow up with the whole car situation. Yeah, every time you post on your Instagram stories your car, you have a service engine light. Oh oh are you ever going to get that fix?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Actually, actually did have an appointment at the dealership on Tuesday, but because of the snowstorm, I wasn't able to take it in. However, they've already told me that that it's not a big deal, like the service. It's like my oil needs to be changed, so they're going to change that and then it will be fine. But I wasn't able to go in because they were closed because of the ice. So thank you for noticing that.
Speaker 6: How long has it been lighten on?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's on for various regions.
Speaker 2: She bought it, possibly on as long as it's been on. It's so funny you notice that jar because yeah, it's on. It's on so much. I don't even notice it anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh people notice it because yeah I get DMS and I'm like, okay, people, so you can. I can switch it off. And sometimes if I remember before I post something, I'll try to go switch, you know, switch the screen to something else.
Speaker 2: The fact you have to change your screen. Uh, Jar, that's awf Thank you for asking that. Any other question, No, that's all.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much for taking my call.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll talk to you soon. Thank you very much. There she has Jar from Tallahassee bringing the hard hitting questions this morning to Amy. It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: You may have heard Lunchbox got into a pretty big car accident recently and his car had to go into the shop. Well, he finally heard from the shop that's been working on it what the situation is with his car, and we got a body update because he was hurting from the car.
Speaker 2: Accident number four to get a car update from lunchbox. He was in a bad accident. He was sitting on the interstate. Somebody driving how fast sixty just nailed him. And the worst of it all, he lost a smoothie all in his car and exploded in his car. He hasn't been able to look at pavements since. I don't even like that word. Miss see he's oh gosh, so I mean, it's not funny. Your car's been gone though, been gone? You go yesterday, been to the shop.
Speaker 10: I got a call yesterday said hey, we're ready for you to come in talk about it, guys. I went to the shop, walked in, Oh, what's your last name? Tell them, Oh, you have a seat right over there. We'll be right with you.
Speaker 2: Then I got the devastating news man. All right, here we get a clip.
Speaker 10: All right, So, now what happens that they just crush it?
Speaker 1: It could be a salvage title, that could be a strap car.
Speaker 2: You got it. But you don't have a funeral or anything that we need to attend.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: You're not crying though, that's good news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be crying for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the cars.
Speaker 10: Here's a twenty eighteen's it's all yeah, it is, but it's a total loss.
Speaker 2: It's gone. So say by car, all right, thank you you kept your family. See yeah, well thank you so much, very well. All right, yeah, say by when she leaves for me, total total gone. Car is a complete loss. Guys, But isn't that kind of what you wanted at this point because now you don't have to deal with a car that's just been absolutely ravaged. Are they going to give you most of what that worth was? Well, they're going to give me a certain amount of money, but that doesn't buy you a brand new car. That's what I'm saying, like most of the value of the car.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what are they going to give you twenty four thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good. That's pretty good, right, brand new now, But I at the point you were already hit, like you were already hit. So let's put yourself you already got hit in your options. Now. Are you get your car back, beat up, probably never going to run the same, or they give you twenty four thousand dollars and you can go and buy something new ish, or you can supplement to twenty four thousand if you're gonna get a bigger re SUV.
Speaker 10: Right, And like I I they said I could keep the car and they would give me fourteen thousand.
Speaker 2: Why would you want a piece of scrap metal for a ten thousand dollars? She said, you can sell it parts out of it. We had a Palletteeah, I'm telling you that thing never got sold. That never happened. And it gets sold, we made a profit.
Speaker 10: It's not sold now. I mean there's still stuff sitting in my house, okay, but man, it was just rough to hear that it's totaled. It's gone, because you gotta you gotta take a trip down memory lane with that car.
Speaker 2: I never even saw the car. It was your wife's car. I don't even know what it looks like. It for Yeah, there's no memory lane.
Speaker 10: And we got it in twenty eighteen. We got it in December of two thousand and seventeen.
Speaker 2: And we were like, wait, you just changed the year.
Speaker 10: Well, no, it was a twenty eighteen car that he got in December, okay, And we were like, man, if we're going to start a family, we better get a car that can fit it.
Speaker 2: And a month later she got pregnant.
Speaker 10: So we brought all three of our kids home from the hospital in that car.
Speaker 2: Now your what year? In what year? Twenty seventeen?
Speaker 10: No, we brought home in twenty eighteen, in twenty twenty and twenty nineteen or twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So I can't. I can't.
Speaker 10: When you have three kids, you can't forget when you're there born. Yeah, one was born in eighteen. One was born in You brought the car home in seventeen December. No, it's a two eighteen car because you can buy it twenty eighteen in seventeen.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm sorry this happened to your car. I think it's a positive that it's totaled.
Speaker 1: It's just the world man, wasn't he He was driving it for quite some time while it was Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, he kept driving it after the accident.
Speaker 6: That's interesting too, that it actually worked even though it was totaled.
Speaker 2: You think they say it's total and they just keep it. Maybe, and they spend it has.
Speaker 1: To be totaled if the cost of repairs is worth more than.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, but they give you the money, they keep it. They find a way to kind of get around the system.
Speaker 10: I mean, they could maybe take the battery out, the you know carburetor, you know things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the HEMI what's the thing that everybody goes and steals? Now, yeah, the that's it. I'm sorry I happened to your car. What's the latest with your body? My back still here's the accident. My back still tightens up just randomly, like when you hear the word pavement. No, it gives me the shivers and the freak out.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's PTSD. Yeah, it's mental and so like it.
Speaker 10: I'll just be like around the house doing something like all of a sudden, my back's really tight, and I'm like, oh, that's not good. So I got to make an appointment at the.
Speaker 2: Chiropractor because of the accident. Yeah, because it never got it never hurt before. Will you get the same car? I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 10: Man, isn't it your wife's car. It's my wife's car. She's got to make a decision, and so we're just we're it's just we're we're up in there like it's chaos around our house right now.
Speaker 2: How long do you get keep the rental? Not much longer? Yeah, you have to make a decision now because you also don't have a car, you ride your right to work a lot of days. Yeah, and so that's another hard part is that they want the rental back, which is normal. Yeah, like, oh, you already have bought a car. I'm like, who whoa?
Speaker 1: Guys like, well, that's not true.
Speaker 2: They give me the check. No, we haven't got a check yet, got it? Well, good luck. I'm glad. I'm glad it's total. That's the best outcome once the accident happened. Yeah, I had to clean out everything. I had to go in there and get all my you're not a sentimental.
Speaker 1: Guy he has about the cars apparently, because I mean it is ultimate and then you.
Speaker 2: Still have all my still off front of the house. It doesn't work at all. It doesn't work at all. What are you gonna do with that? I don't know, man, dude, get rid of it. It's been almost two years.
Speaker 1: Have they just sitting there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just have a dead car for two years sitting on the street. Yeah. Are there plants and stuff growing on? No? No, no, nothing like that.
Speaker 10: Like I take a blower out and blow all the leaves and stuff out so it looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like when you keep the grave of someone you love clean. That's what he's doing there, visits it all right, Well, let us know when you get a new car. Yeah, everybody, let's have them a moment of silence. How about we just play a song.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: These next two segments go hand in hand because we started a new game. It's called the Compliment Battle. You get spun on the wheel. Whoever it lands on the two people have to go up against each other and say compliments to each other.
Speaker 1: Well, it started out with.
Speaker 3: Amy and I doing the first ever round of this number three.
Speaker 2: Going in my money pile here. Whoever wins this game is going to win all this cash right here, four dollars. Nobody knows the game of me. So everybody's name is on a wheel, including my elf. So I will spin the wheel, and whoever it lands on is contested one. Whoever it lands on after that's Contestant two. I'll tell you the game after we picked the players. Okay, all right, have I ready to go? Let's spin. Contestant one is Morgan? Oh boy, all right, here we go. Contestant two, Let's spin Amy. Oh my gosh, Okay, Morgan and Amy will battle it out in something called a compliment battle. Now what in a Jones And battle back in the day, somebody get somebody to go?
Speaker 7: You go?
Speaker 2: Oh, you should get three compliments if you nail somebody with a really good compliment. Oh okay, whoever wins, but the best compliments is the winner of the game. Amy versus Morgan. Can you out compliment the other person? Okay, yeah, exactly think this route. This is a tough game, man. Okay, okay. Can I get some compliment battle music of some sort up there? Who wants to go first?
Speaker 1: Well? She contested one?
Speaker 2: All right, compliment compliment number one?
Speaker 3: Okay, Amy, gosh, it's been so cool to watch you over the last ten years because you have only glown up. Your skin is beautiful, your hair looks awesome.
Speaker 4: And you've come into your own style. You look like the perfect person.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh, compliment is that? That's one compliment that's not like a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't make the rules really, but that's that's it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can like yeah, it can be like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get ten seconds. Okay, Amy, you're up.
Speaker 1: Morgan, you have been so patient for so long and been through so much, and you finally like came into yourself, like you were happy with being single, and then bam, that is when the love of your life found you. And you have been glowing ever since you got engaged. And I'm so excited and happy for you that you found the love of your life.
Speaker 2: I don't know about It's a battle. She had to be sometimes swinging this.
Speaker 1: She had to be ready to receive him.
Speaker 2: You keep complimenting, all right, and you both use glow, which ye, I want to make it even though now you have to it's one compliment.
Speaker 4: Okay, like one sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one. It's gonna be about one thing, all right, all right, Morgan, a compliment number two.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to make sure.
Speaker 1: Now it's like divorce.
Speaker 4: You're a strong independent woman.
Speaker 1: You're what she is. She can change a tire, all right, you're up, Amy, Okay.
Speaker 2: I think it may have been a strategically wrong move to let the other person go first. I didn't know that that we never play this game.
Speaker 1: I know I got this, I get this, I got this.
Speaker 5: What's it called me?
Speaker 1: Your therapy dog saves lives comment.
Speaker 2: For her dogs, her fiance and her dog so okay, okay, it's interesting Morgan. Amy, you need to knock out in round three or you ain't winning this. Come on, Amy, all right, Morgan, you're up around three.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, Amy, are you ready to receive it?
Speaker 1: I'm ready to receive You're.
Speaker 5: A dang good mom.
Speaker 6: O three in a row.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean you gotta come out with with the Come on Amy, Amy, d you need to compient her so hard.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm like, I want to be my Well, the problem was she called me a strong and a minute woman, and I want to be like, You're a stronger. You're even stronger and more independent than I.
Speaker 2: Do that do see what you get from us? See your reaction? Okay, compliment battle, Amy, final compliment towards Morgan.
Speaker 1: You have one of the biggest hearts of anybody that I know.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I give up solidin the champion of compliment battles. Don't need to vote. We don't need a vote, right, we don't even go to the school.
Speaker 1: Guard, Amy, She's she's a highly empathetic.
Speaker 2: It's hard to find stuff about Morgan.
Speaker 1: A second, because you can't coffee like think she said about me. I would say about her and she yeah, oh yeah, like.
Speaker 2: She's a good mom.
Speaker 5: She does have kids.
Speaker 2: I know. Oh the rejection. But the winner of the first ever a compliment battle and four dollars from the money pile give it up for a compliment chance, Morgan.
Speaker 1: Money out and with that, I'm sorry, Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's not great. It's not so much about the money. It's where it came from, right, The money pile rarely gets touched by anyone here Morgan. Next, that's it, we're commented out. Do this you want to exhibition Eddie versus lunch comment. No, that's impossible. That's impossible if we do it again. I don't want to waste my compliments. That's a good point. I don't want to waste I don't want to waste your compliments. Okay, there's our winner in Morgan. It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two and because that went so well, we decided to do another round, which was lunchbox versus Amy and a compliment battle, and this one took a different turn.
Speaker 2: Number two. Time for another compliment battle. Let's go. I don't really need to offer money because it's mostly about the game. But three dollars for Yeah, we'll take it. I'll spin the wheel. The two people that lands on has to compliment each other, and the greatest compliment or wins the cash. Okay, this is the stupidest game we've ever played. All right, let's say that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: The first person in compliment battle is Amy.
Speaker 11: And one.
Speaker 2: Her go back again.
Speaker 1: Hard for me. I gave compliment you lost?
Speaker 2: It was pretty U lost? Bad? All right, here we go playing Amy. Let's lunch It's Amy and lunchbox and a compliment battle. You were first. You get to pick do you want to go first or second?
Speaker 1: I want to go first.
Speaker 2: Okay, smart Amy is the compliment battle. Compliment lunchbox three rounds go.
Speaker 1: You hard, Like I've never met anybody that like just like doesn't care what other people think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard for you. Yeah fortu lunchbok Okay, let's see what he does though. Lunchbox and Amy a compliment round one. Amy, your perseverance is amazing. You got yourself knocked down on the bottom of the mat divorce. Your life was a wreck, and what.
Speaker 10: Do you know, you picked yourself back up and you've built yourself into.
Speaker 2: A very strong woman. There's a lot of knockdown in that one.
Speaker 10: For what do you mean she hit rock bottom and she thought she couldn't survive and she was able.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got it. Okay, okay, the panels got to think about that one.
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead and okay, lunchbocks, you are a really good dad. You are.
Speaker 2: Let's walk over to you. Compliment battle and some would say you have a heart of gold.
Speaker 10: I mean you went to an orphanage in Haiti, found these two amazing children and gave.
Speaker 2: Them hope and a life here in America, he said. Some would say he didn't even say it himself. He said, some would say, yeah, you don't. You don't say that? Why would you say? Some would say why don't you say? I say, well, I'm part of the sum. I don't know you guys understand. Okay, okay, oh we got the just But I've heard people say, okay, go ahead, don three you say anything about me.
Speaker 1: You're a good dad.
Speaker 2: Good dad, and that he doesn't.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's it. It's gotta be so freeing to just like not care.
Speaker 2: Okay, third compliment, compliment battle ahead.
Speaker 1: I wish I didn't care so much. Lunch Box, you don't.
Speaker 10: Some would say he doesn't give up, but.
Speaker 2: Taking chots at him. Yeah, yeah, have it amy round three year.
Speaker 1: I had it.
Speaker 2: It was like it was the only other possible one and now you can't think.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Oh you handle diseases really well.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of diseases, and he does. He's had tuberculosis. Yeah, he's had woolen testicles. Yep. He also had the throat.
Speaker 1: It was like a use infections, his throat, swollen testicles.
Speaker 2: He had. What was the one he had that he gave you.
Speaker 1: Oh that was tuberculous.
Speaker 2: Berculosis got its pink eye. What are we talking about? Got pink testicle?
Speaker 1: But I was just making things you like, you handle diseases like a chance.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. It's a disease. You know. You can't say a different You can't come back. Okay, lunchbox, your final compliment.
Speaker 1: That is what I said.
Speaker 2: What I said, I mean it's supposed to be like a compliment. Guys gets the battle of compliment.
Speaker 1: He handless would tear people down.
Speaker 2: He's here. He had a yeast infection in his mouth, and he made it Amy. You handle not being able to get pregnant like a champ.
Speaker 6: Oh my good?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Amy, are you okay?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: She like some people that would tear him down. But she's still here. Is she crank?
Speaker 1: No, she's just like, Oh, I'm like laughing so hard. I might be tearing up from laughter.
Speaker 2: So she doesn't cry.
Speaker 5: That's what it means, So that you don't cry.
Speaker 2: He didn't went to the heart of dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't. Wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, I handle something like a champ. She handles out like a champ. How is that bad? I don't understand. And where's my Oh? Where's my?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: You guys have forgot to do that? Do I need to say it again? Like she repeated it. You getting a yeast infection in your mouth is the same thing as her having fertility struggles. I mean I battled to it, she battled to it. It's true.
Speaker 10: True.
Speaker 1: We both have battled our own ailments.
Speaker 2: Right, Eddie Morgan? Who is the best here?
Speaker 3: I don't feel better after either one feel a lot worse about everything.
Speaker 2: That's kind of awkward, Eddie, who's the better of the compliment? You're gonna say this game is hard for.
Speaker 6: It's hard for hard for, But I think for me in this game, Amy, you win the battle.
Speaker 2: I also vote Amy, Amy, you vote Amy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was gonna go lunch until that last one, So Amy, it's yours.
Speaker 2: He's now one and one in compliment battles our winner Amy, Everybody like.
Speaker 1: I'm winning because I didn't go as low.
Speaker 2: Okay, there is another compliment battle Everybody.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: That may be one of the last rounds we do of that game. Only time will tell. Laurna Alenda's out by the studio. She's coming in at the.
Speaker 5: Number one spot.
Speaker 3: It was super fun to hear some of the stories behind her songs recently, including her collaboration with Chase Matthew, and then we also heard about her mom life, which she is loving being a mom.
Speaker 2: Number one on The Bobby Bones Show. Now Laura A Lena Louren, good to see you.
Speaker 9: Hey, how were you a been, you know, busy good raising a baby?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so life's changed in yours is about to.
Speaker 2: I know, I know you were talking to my wife a little bit too.
Speaker 5: Yes, I have.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she's been asking me where do you put the baby?
Speaker 2: That's what she said. She said, She asked you when you get home with the baby. What do you do with it?
Speaker 5: You put it?
Speaker 9: I'm for the first few months they just sleep a lot, so just found something cozy. But I told her do not be embarrassed to ask me any new mom questions because I have done so many things wrong because I haven't I mean, not wrong to the point where it can't be fixed. But like I definitely swaddled the baby longer than I was supposed to swattle her because she had started rolling over and I didn't know that, like the just things I didn't know. Oh, you mean, any question you have that you don't know, ask.
Speaker 2: Me, like longer in the lifespan, not at a time, yes.
Speaker 9: Not at a time about it? I don't I don't really know if there's a rule about that.
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 5: I mean, you swaddle them when they sleep.
Speaker 2: I was looking at your social media and you had posted like a throwback to when you were touring with Rascal Flats the last time, which was pretty recent, but you were very pregnant, Arry is that hard to sing? You know?
Speaker 5: I didn't really notice it at the time.
Speaker 9: I think because it was such a surprise that I was pregnant. I had taken the tour and then found out I was pregnant, and it was a big surprise, and so I just knew I had to do it. So I don't know that I realized how hard it was until now that I'm singing. I'm like, this is not This is much easier not having a know, seven pound baby between my ribs.
Speaker 2: I saw a TikTok and I saw it my wife send it to me, and it shows when you have a baby inside of you, how all your organs get pushed up. And I was just thinking about you singing when all your organs are shoved up because you's got to make room for the baby.
Speaker 5: I know, I don't.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know how I did that, but I mean a lot of us do it. But I was eight and a half months pregnant by the end of that tour, So I was like, that's potentially having the baby at that point.
Speaker 2: Do you think maybe when you're on the road and you're eight and a half months pregnant, it could happen anywhere, whatever town you're in.
Speaker 5: I did start to get nervous a little bit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was like, this scene is really close? Was I eight and a half months?
Speaker 2: I was close? I was very close.
Speaker 9: I was close enough that I think people in the crowd may have actually been nervous that I was there.
Speaker 5: But all was well.
Speaker 9: She decided to come, you know, eleven days late. So she's like, wow, yeah, I was eleven days past my D day.
Speaker 2: So were you just every day like praying? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did everything.
Speaker 9: Come on, I did all the things, like you can do icy food, her walking, what pineapple?
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's like, you don't know about kirbwalking.
Speaker 2: Uh uh.
Speaker 5: Well, when she gets closer, she's great. You'll be seeing her. You work.
Speaker 9: You walk like on a curb and you put one foot up top and one foot on the bottom, and it's supposed to do something with like your hips.
Speaker 5: I don't really know to help, like dilate your cervix.
Speaker 2: Did anything actually help?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: No, just whenever we had to make an evacuation plan, huh, she did not come.
Speaker 5: We could not get her to come on her own.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 9: I mean I was like I was talking to her. I was like, it's a really cool place out here. It's really we really like you to get out.
Speaker 2: But has it been what's been the best part about it?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, it is the best thing that's ever happened to me. And everyone says that, but until you and you'll you'll soon you will know when they hand you that baby, your whole life changes. I guess my favorite part is the way she looks at me. I've never had someone look at me like that. I just she completely Oh it's making me emotional, go figure, but.
Speaker 5: Just she's completely dependent on me.
Speaker 9: And what a gift that I get to be the one that can nurture her and take care of her. And then my second favorite is probably watching my husband with her.
Speaker 2: I love him so much.
Speaker 9: More and I already loved him, but watching him father her is pretty special.
Speaker 1: Bobby, that's a good son for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the My wife already loves me.
Speaker 1: Charity loves you, but she's about to find you even more attractive.
Speaker 2: I do it is crazy if I do a good job. Web You're.
Speaker 1: So like, what kind of things have you seen your husband do? Where You're like, okay, wow, this is crazy, Like is it's just him holding her?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he has a dance party with her every day when he gets home from work. So he will turn the music on in the living room and picks her up and they dance. And now she it's almost like she's eight months old. It's almost like she expects the dance party. Just the way he interacts with her. I don't know, because when she was really little, he was a little scared of her. I think when they're first born, everybody's a little scared of them. I mean they're so break it heard, Yeah, they're so little, but they're very resilient. I mean, your wife will she's the baby's going to be great. But just the way he talks to her, in the way he interacts with her, I've just never seen that side of him, and it's so sweet.
Speaker 2: How hard was it coming up with a name?
Speaker 5: We went back and forth for a while.
Speaker 9: I am a woman, and I don't know if this is true of all women, but I had like fifteen names written down since I was probably thirteen years old. But we wanted to do family names for sure. So her first name is she's named after my grandfather and his aunt. But we had a couple different names, and then the story behind her name is actually sweet.
Speaker 2: You mean tell it, yeah, I love to hear it.
Speaker 9: So we named her Bennie, which you know is a boy name. So a lot of people are coming at us for that, but they can get over it.
Speaker 5: But my grandfather, Benny, helped to raise me.
Speaker 9: My parents were really young, so I spent a lot of time at my grandparents' house and he taught me to play basketball and all these things. I was just really close with him. And a few years ago I saw a girl on Instagram named Benny and I thought that was super cute, so I just wrote it down. And then her middle name is Doll, like baby Doll. My husband had an aunt, Lucy. Lucy dall Arnold was her name, and she never had children. He was very close with her growing up. She actually just passed away right before her one hundred and second birthday.
Speaker 2: Lived a one yeah one on one.
Speaker 9: Point nine wow yeah, and we she passed away a few days after Christmas, and we took Benny to meet her on Christmas Day and she passed away like three or four days later, So we were so thankful that we stopped by. She lived in Atlanta, and on our way down to see the rest of the family, we stopped there. But anyway, those are the people that we named her after. But when we were trying to decide how to spell Benny, because obviously it is traditionally a male name, and that was the first time I realized that Cameron was going to be a really good dad, because he was like, well, we can't spell it like your grandfather spelled it because it's already.
Speaker 5: I don't want people to make fun of it. And I'm like, we have a little bit of a chance for people to.
Speaker 9: Make fun of it with the name Bennie. He was like, can we just make it more girly for her? And it was the first time I was like he was protecting her already.
Speaker 5: It was really weird and sweet.
Speaker 9: And we were at dinner at Jay Alexander on Whitebridge I'll Never Forget and we're super rich, fancy, and we were talking about how to spell it, and so I was just looking up different ways to spell her name. And my dad passed away in July twenty twenty four and we found out we were pregnant with her in September, so that was a crazy year. We got married in February and then dad passed in July, and then we found out we were pregnant in September, very unexpectedly, So it was like all of these emotions and I was so sad that Dad, you know wasn't going to be a part of any of it, and my dad was, you'll love.
Speaker 5: This because you're a big Arkansas fan. But my dad was a huge Alabama fan.
Speaker 9: And when we looked up the girl that I actually saw named Benny years ago spelled it b E n I And so I told Cameron at dinner. I was like, this is how the girl that I got the idea from spelled it.
Speaker 5: And he said, I love that. Let's do that. And I was kind of like, I don't know.
Speaker 9: And I looked it up and in Japanese that spelling of Benny means crimson.
Speaker 2: And it was like yeah, wow.
Speaker 9: And we were at dinner and he had actually gone to the bathroom and I was looking it up and when he came back, I was hysterically sobbing at the table and you know, pregnant, and he was like, what's going on? And I showed it to him and this is really funny. My husband went to Auburn, so he hates Alabama with a passion. And I showed him the meaning of Benny with that spelling and he said, well, there you go.
Speaker 2: Your dad told us how to spell it.
Speaker 9: So that was a really good moment for us, because I know he hates Alabama, but he loved loves me and my dad more and so that's that was like confirmation for us too, because we were in the phase then too that we weren't even a hundred percent sure we were gonna name her Benny.
Speaker 5: That was just kind of our number one name for her at the time.
Speaker 2: And when did you know after you saw her that you we're sure this is the name? Now?
Speaker 9: Well, people, we told people that we thought we were gonna name her that, and then they started monogramming things for us, and we felt like, yeah, I guess that's her name.
Speaker 1: Putting her name on everything, Yeah, nickname.
Speaker 9: We're either Jason or this or throwing away all of the blankets sod is keep it.
Speaker 1: Later in life, she's like, why do I have all this Benny stuff. You're like, well, we were gonna name.
Speaker 5: We're Gonnay Betty, but you didn't look like a Benny.
Speaker 2: You take her to Benny Hannah every week her whole life, just so it kind of matches. Oh, you love Benny hannas that you were a baby, so people started getting your blankets. Do you feel at all like you like, have you feel like you've lost any of your identity, Like people only want to talk about the baby now.
Speaker 9: Some Yeah, but she is my favorite thing to talk about. Before I was my favorite thing to talk about.
Speaker 2: Well, that's kind of all of our jobs, right, Like we're our own brand. We constantly got to be like, this is what we're doing, this is how we're doing it. But now you have something else. I hope that to me, it allows a perspective shift in me.
Speaker 5: It has for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we told me about that.
Speaker 9: I just would I would rather talk about her. It's really interesting. I think I people asking me about her is no problem because she is the center of my world. And honestly, it has opened me up a lot with anxiety and stuff about all of the all of my job in general, because my job is me, you know, the brand is me. So I'm constantly thinking about me, you know. I mean that sounds crazy, but it's true. And now I have something more important and it's her, So I don't mind talking about her.
Speaker 2: I love talking about her.
Speaker 9: And yeah, I've always loved my career so much and that's it has been my identity. But now she is my identity and this is still so important to me, and I love it, and I want to do it until you know, I've made enough money to retire.
Speaker 1: Until you're one hundred and one point nine.
Speaker 9: Heyah, until I'm one hundred and one point nine. I will never stop singing. But she has freed me up a little bit and making it the only thing, my only purpose.
Speaker 5: And that's really cool. That's a cool thing to have. I'm thankful to have.
Speaker 2: Are you doing any kids music? Not you singing it? Are you listening to a lot of it? And then are you judging it?
Speaker 5: Not yet.
Speaker 9: I pretty much make up songs for her and sing them, but she has just I've started playing piano for her in the last couple of weeks and she's.
Speaker 5: Like obsessed with the piano and he plays her a lot of music. No, I don't. I have not fallen into the children music yet, but it's coming.
Speaker 9: But I sing her a lot of like the Itsy Bitsy Spider and I made up a song and then realized I didn't make up the song at all. I just I literally made it up around Christmas time, and I guess I had heard Grandma got ran over by reindeer.
Speaker 5: So I sing her that every day except it's.
Speaker 9: Benny Bennie, Bennie Bennie Benny dog plunking, fucking, fucking You're my best friend, You're my princess, You're the yuppa appa Lepa of my eye. And then one day Cameron's was singing Grandma got ran over by reindeer, and I was like, they stole my song.
Speaker 5: Song wait, I ripped their song off.
Speaker 2: I was watching you talk about your new song in the EBBA, Chase Matthew, and it's about your exes, all my axes. Is that weird for your husband to have you still talking about your exes? Well, you know.
Speaker 9: I would think so. But Cameron is the reason that we even put this song out. I wrote it a couple of years ago, and he really loved it, and we signed with Big Loud and we were putting out, you know, a very country record, and this one is the least country of all the stuff that we had cut.
Speaker 5: But Cameron loved this song.
Speaker 9: He thought it was a hit, and to the point that when we were on tour with Al Dean and Chase Matthew, he played it for Chase and that is how the duet even came about.
Speaker 5: I had nothing to.
Speaker 2: Do with it, but he played it for Chase.
Speaker 9: He played it for Chase and then told Chase to act like he didn't and cut and Cameron talked to me into playing it.
Speaker 5: Chase had committed to doing the.
Speaker 9: Song before he ever even heard it from me because of my husband.
Speaker 2: Because your husband had played it for us. That's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he's very secure in our relationship.
Speaker 9: If I wanted one of those exes, i'd be with him. Well, I don't know if they'd want me, but you know what I'm saying, I chose him and we have a great marriage, so I think it bothers him less than it probably bothers me. I'm very tired of posting about my exes, but I've got to promote this song, so I'm like constantly.
Speaker 5: Trying to think of ways to do this. I mean, I've even gotten the baby in the tiktoks. At this point, I don't know what to do because.
Speaker 9: We the song's doing really well, and I'm super grateful for that. But it's kind of a funny season of my life to be posting this song about all my exes. But it's the one that really caught on for us, and I'm so grateful for that because I do have a baby defeat. So we're going to continue to talk about those xes until we don't have to anymore.
Speaker 1: He's like, it's fine, we can talk about it.
Speaker 5: Camera's like, whatever pays the bills, that's right.
Speaker 2: What's it like to tour with the Flats guys? Rascal Flats?
Speaker 5: They are so fun, you know.
Speaker 9: I've been on a couple of tours like that, where I toured with Alan Jackson and I toured with I've toured with a lot of people who have these huge careers that you don't get to tour with a ton because they don't tour as much. And to be on a tour with someone like that and to hear the hit after hit after hit after hit, it's just crazy. I mean it's ninety minutes of nothing but hits. They don't have one song that they just kind of throw in there.
Speaker 2: You know, what is the greatest Rascal Flight song? Let's debate this in the room.
Speaker 1: Woo.
Speaker 2: I think the easy answer doesn't matter. You say yours first, my personal favorite. Just do that.
Speaker 9: There's so many good ones. I mean, I get to come out on the tour and sing. I would say, currently right now, which I may have had a different answer before I had my daughter, but is my wish. I'm singing it with them on the tour and it literally sounds I don't know anything about the origin story of this song, but I feel certain had to be a parent writing the song.
Speaker 5: For a child had to be.
Speaker 2: Because my wish for.
Speaker 12: You that is life, because all that you wanted to your dreams, stay big, you worry, stay small. You never need to carry more than you can hold while you're out there getting where you're getting to hope. You know somebody loves you and wants the same things too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds like a parent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has to be because at my wedding, that was the dance between well my ex husband now and his mom. That was the mother the mother son, the mother son mother mother son danced and she picked it as like her as the mom, what she wanted for him.
Speaker 5: It had it had to be. Yeah, the verses too.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it does sound romantic.
Speaker 5: It's not super romant.
Speaker 1: I mean because Bill.
Speaker 2: Belichick and his girl. That's the only way. If it's like it's way older my wish the greatest Rascal Flat song.
Speaker 1: God Bless the Broken Road. I mean I know that's probably obvious, but.
Speaker 2: That was going to be. I love that song.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: I mean it is an iconic I mean, speaking of weddings, how many people have walked down the aisle of that?
Speaker 2: I think my favorite is what hurts the most?
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, yes, And then when he goes it's being so close every night on tour, people are like, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they he performed our wedding and he did Fast Cars in Freedom.
Speaker 5: Okay, famous, I know, flex Alexander. I don't remember you and it the way.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a big Fast Cards and Freedom guy. But now I when I hear that song, I love it because he's saying that. He's saying that and God bless the broken road in our wedding because that's a wedding song.
Speaker 1: But he's like, speaking of weddings, I'm not so great about your wedding. That DJ play.
Speaker 12: By the way.
Speaker 5: Gary the bugs saying it.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, it's good.
Speaker 5: You know how funny people think his name is right school.
Speaker 9: People come up to me in the meet and greet and be like, I saw that video of you and Rascal.
Speaker 5: Because I've posted I posted a.
Speaker 9: Bunch with Gary and like people think racal just like random people what's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Like lady a you know, lady Annabella'm like that that's we I wonder if people they think she's and she's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like those people must just be like half paying attention to like, yeah, well songs that are like not totally dialed in.
Speaker 9: Elena is my middle name, and so when I went on American Idol, everyone thought my family we were the Elena family. So my brother's name on Twitter and everything for a while was Tyler Elena and that's literally like not his name at all.
Speaker 5: He's a good sport.
Speaker 9: But yeah, everyone thought we I was like, my name was Lauren Elena, which is legit.
Speaker 1: Your last name is not Elena. Nope, it's my middle I'm just learning this.
Speaker 2: Her last name is Rascal. My crazy idol still killing huh. Yeah after all these years, insane American Idol is still Do you go back every few years? Yeah, like every once in a while, because you're not a somebody who like resents it at all.
Speaker 5: No, No, I've never have. I'm very grateful for it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I would go back and do whatever they asked me to do.
Speaker 2: I love the show. So that's cool.
Speaker 1: I saw your post from like the other day when you were like, it's been officially fifteen years since I isn't that It was on TV for American Idol and I was like, oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I saw that clip too. Is you coming out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And it was all these flashback clips of you. It's so cute.
Speaker 2: What do you think when you see that really young Lauren Rascal up there?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's I I am so thankful for that girl. How the heck that fifteen year old little girl walked in.
Speaker 2: There confidence to do it?
Speaker 9: When I see fifteen year olds now I have, you know, family members who they're my first cousin's children are like that, And I'm like, that's when my career started. How did I even think talk my parents? And there driving me up to the bridge down standing in that long line, and you audition here in Nashville. I did my official audition in front of the judges, was at the Rhyme, and so my whole career started there.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. How long was the drive up A couple hours.
Speaker 9: I'm from right outside of Chattanooga, so it's not too far. Yeah, about two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: It feels like forever, but probably yesterday at the same time.
Speaker 5: It is the wildest thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I saw the clip that show still crushing. Dancing with the Stars is crushing like crazy.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Those two shows have lasted our whole life. Basically. Dancing with the Stars is a hard show. Yeah, is crazy.
Speaker 5: It's terribly You're the whole reason I did that show.
Speaker 2: But you were also way better than I was. But yeah, it's really hard.
Speaker 5: Well you want so champ, yeah, the champion.
Speaker 2: But it's really hard, right, Yes, it's very hard. Mentally it's I kind of.
Speaker 9: Wish I'd had a baby and then done it because I was in the best shape of my life. It would be that, but I couldn't do it anymore with the child. There's no way of that schedule.
Speaker 2: The eating thing was hard because you would train and you'd order food while you're eating, and then you really get to eat all the foods, so not only you're training your face off, you know, for hours and hours, you're only eating a little bit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's crazy. The schedule is wild, but I had so much fun. I'm so glad I did it.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you got me to do that would you ever go back if they were like, hey, we're doing like an All Stars.
Speaker 5: I don't know that I could because I didn't win.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, like Survivor, they don't pick this winters right lunchbox. They pick like good people, like people, Yeah, just.
Speaker 10: People that are memorable and are good game players or evoke emotion.
Speaker 2: I would I would. Would you ever do like a Survivor? You get away from your baby though it is the problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. See I did. I did a show kind of like Survivor you did?
Speaker 1: I did what? But like did it air? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh? Was it?
Speaker 5: I got hurt on it. It was called what was it called?
Speaker 1: Is it that military one?
Speaker 9: It was beyond Beyond the Edge? No, it wasn't that one. I would do that one too. That one's gnarly though, that one looks scared. But I lived outside in the Panamanian jungle and had to build a hut and do all the things.
Speaker 5: Y'all didn't know about this.
Speaker 2: Are you sure that it was on something or just messing with you? They told her.
Speaker 5: No, I definitely was.
Speaker 9: But I was doing one of the races and I twisted my ankle and hurt my foot and they I said, I will stay and try to tough it out, but they basically disqualified.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it was a CBS be on the edge only a few years ago, back in.
Speaker 2: Like the sixteen seventeen hundred's possibly little bit eight hundred. You twisted your ankle, You're just dead. Yeah, it's over because your job is like carrying stuff and running and running from animals and a simple ankle twist. It's nice knowing you, Lauren. Yeah, time go that girl. She was pretty funny. Now she's going, Oh I remember the show now that I see the picture of it. Where's Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like dominating. I won every.
Speaker 9: Competition I was in until I got hurt. I was so far in the lead.
Speaker 2: I would have won that show because Craig Morgan was on it.
Speaker 5: Craig Morgan was there. Yes, my dear friend.
Speaker 2: I thought you're gonna say he died. I gotta let you guys know we may have all died without scared me. She was like, I got bad news for you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Like so he was providing the food.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he was a great person to have on a show when you're trapped in the jungle. Yeah, I mean he could live. You could drop him off anywhere and he would live.
Speaker 2: You are going to play our iHeart Country Festival, which were super excited about. Yeah, that's gonna be a lot of fun. Those festivals are always fun when you get to play with other people, because it's not like you get to you live in the same town. But when you come home, you definitely everybody goes to their own little huts. Oh yeah, and so with this we.
Speaker 9: Get so few times a little time at home that it's not like we're trying to hang.
Speaker 2: Out you Luke Bryan, you have a tor Luke twice.
Speaker 9: That was my first tour ever after Idol I went out. Luke was direct support for Jason Aldane and I was first.
Speaker 5: What a crazy tour. I was sixteen years old. That was my first tour.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was a long time ago. Like as far as like that's kid, Lauren, Yeah.
Speaker 9: And he's They have both actually taken me out on tour a few times.
Speaker 2: Did you have to have a parent with you? Yeah, My mom.
Speaker 9: Toured with me until I turned eighteen. Poor thing. That was really fun for her. I'm sure dealing with a sixteen year old who all of a sudden thinks she knows everything, but oh, this season of life with my mother has been the best, and I have apologized fifteen hundred dogs for her for every time I was ever a smart a like now that I have my own daughter, and I'm like, is she ever gonna do that?
Speaker 1: Probably yes, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Come watch Lauren on our iHeart Country Festival. It's Saturday May second at the Moody Center in Austin. Go ticketmaster dot com. And congratulations on the song. Yeah, you're right, it is really doing well.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super cool, Thank you and congratua.
Speaker 5: And Chase will be there at the show as well, so we'll.
Speaker 2: Do it together. So I say about Chase gis I'm just kidding. I'm totally kidding. I like Chase a lot. Yeah, Chase, Chase is really great. Uh you guys go follow Lauren on social and not only that, strain the song, all my exes. Congratulations on everything, long the cross on the baby, mostly thank you, that's too. I like the name Bennie. I never thought Bennie was like a super dude name. Thank you, Like Benny's just like a universal thank you. Also liked I've said this on the show for fifteen years. I like dude names unless it's like Frank or Ron. I think guy names work on girls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Laura Lane, everybody there, she is good job. It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: That wraps for me this weekend.
Speaker 3: Again, check out Part one, Part three this weekend with Scuba Steve if you want some extra content, or you can go check out my podcast. Take this personally. I had on Shannon Game this week and we're talking all about relationships with money, which I know it sounds crazy. You're like, woo, whatever money relationship what? But I promise hear us out. It's a good conversation and if you're wanting to get your finances on track for twenty twenty six, this is a good conversation to hear. But if this is where I leave you, thanks for hanging out this weekend, and please enjoy your weekend and stay safe.
Speaker 1: Bye everybody.
Speaker 2: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 1: On my show and follow ed Webgirl Morgan
Speaker 2: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode,