Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Gattie and he Armstrong and Getty cipple fifteen seconds. Look now it's flag.
Speaker 2: Fits this move flat back hit flug short.
Speaker 1: Got a great point. The best player, Well, he's gonna be the number one pick in the NBA draft next year. Playing for Duke. Missed the shot that could have sent him to the finals, and that's not going to affect his life really that much. But he is a freshman. And back in the old days, like when I was a kid, if you had the NCAA final going on, you'd have a whole bunch of guys have been playing for the team for four years. Maybe I mean Kareem Abdul Jabbar four years. He's been playing for the same team those regular Then it became sometimes you'd leave after your sophomore junior year. Now it's a whole bunch of freshmen out there all the time. I don't know about the night's teams in the finals in six.
Speaker 2: Year seniors whatever, those are right, because they're not going to make the NBA, so they just stay playing college basketball until they get booted out.
Speaker 1: So there's a big judge ruling in California. That least the Washington Post is saying, I don't know who they're quoting here. Oh, they're quoting the PAC twelve commissioner. You think of the evolution of the NCAA and all the rules changes that have happened over the years, there's never been anything as significant as this. Talking about today's ruling, but I don't completely understand it. It's all about your NIL market. What's NIL stand for again, name, image and likeness, right, which became a thing a couple of year years ago, And that's how you end up with a super hotty gymnast chick making gazillions of dollars, which is fine. I don't really have a problem.
Speaker 2: With a bit and a quarterback just being paid millions of dollars to come to your school.
Speaker 1: Right, So they're gonna they're gonna have a cap on how much money it can be. But it's a ton of money. However, many millions of dollars per school you can have and all that sort of stuff. So they're trying to rain this in a little bit. Whether or not that will get challenged at some point, because I think most people who like sports, they liked you liked it better in the old days professional sports and college sports. But it wasn't fair to the players at all. Right, Yeah, it was kind of silly. I don't know, so what did this rule? Is silly is the right word or not? They're going to put a cap at it at two point eight million dollars per league or school. I don't remember what it was in my closed and I don't care enough to look it back again. It was very, very, very complicated. I'll tell you that I read multiple paragraphs and couldn't figure it out. But it's an attempt to try to have some sort of control over this. They're trying to take boosters out of it as much. Oh yeah, because.
Speaker 2: That's a huge part of it, if you have a big booster community that pours money into your nil fund. I had a friend attempt to explain to me exactly how it works, brilliant guy and a huge college sports fan. About half of the way through, my eyes glased it, and I realized I was thinking about something else, right, And that's the way I.
Speaker 1: Was reading this long Washington Boast article. It's very complicated It doesn't mention anything though about the players switching around a schools thing. To me, that's what's killing it. The transfer portal. Yeah, I mean you have a season and then you get to the playoffs in football. I know when I'm sitting there watching the games, the bowl games with my family and my brothers were talking about, oh yeah, guy played for K State all year long and now he's with this team or whatever. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, brand new squad every single year. I can't even imagine what it's like to be a college coach, to have like the laws of the universe, gravity and the theory of relativity, like change every two years.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, the biggest coach in all of college football, Nick Shaby, and he quit. He didn't he didn't want to be part of this new world and try to figure it out. Like I have a particular skill set. I knew how to like get people and develop them and build a team. But if they're all going to move around every year, and that's that's not what I do.
Speaker 2: And now he makes verbal commercials, right, what's virtu is the VRBO location?
Speaker 1: Rentald my owner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ah, funny commercials.
Speaker 1: There are roles in this house.
Speaker 2: No fun, no running, no showers over five minutes, maximum two flushes per visit. Oh, that'd be tough for me, checking times three. Couple standing there, it's two fifty eight, I know.
Speaker 1: Trying to figure out Hostell, trying to figure out. There's a couple of things I wanted to get on that I hadn't gotten on yet. On the air, I'm going to talk about the Minecraft movie coming up a little bit later later, which is the biggest movie the year so far, and some phenomenon around it that I found very very interesting. Russell brand thing. No, not interested in that.
Speaker 2: Like this headline podcaster Gavin Newsom launches methane satellites as California borrows money for healthcare.
Speaker 1: I guess well. Plus, Oh, here's the headline I mentioned earlier that I wanted to get to. This kid named Stanley's Zong. He's an adult, but he's trying to be a college kid. Four point four to two GPA in high school. That's significantly above four. I don't know how that even works.
Speaker 2: Near perfectes SAT Advanced placement classes you get bonus points.
Speaker 1: Near perfect SAT best at adults and coding competitions across the country, started his own electronic signing service while still in high school. He was rejected by sixteen colleges because they got too many Asians. How do you like that system?
Speaker 2: Racial quotas in America? Brilliant? That's our university's folks.
Speaker 1: Not unbelievable. I can't believe that has been going on for so long. I don't like any of the discrimination whatsoever. But I get how you can pull it off against white people. I get how that works because you just say, well, there's too many white people, we need less of those.
Speaker 2: But how do you do how do you do it behind the racism of the past, so now they got to shut up and take whatever you give them.
Speaker 1: How do you get away with keeping out really really smart Asian kids? How do you politically justify that?
Speaker 2: That's why the whole uh neo Marxist thing is so full of lies. Because when it's handy for you, Asian people are people of color are being oppressed by the white devil. But when it's not handy for you, all of a sudden, they're white enough.
Speaker 1: Keep them out. It's people of color, color more color, they're wheat, they're white enough. Wow, are you familiar with the meme with the dominoes tipping over, the guy starting a little domino and then the bigger and bigger dominoes. Have you seen that meme? And then there's different things apply to this one I thought was really good. I saw over the weekend with the front little tiny domino was Obama makes fun of Trump at the White House Correspondent's dinner, and then the final domino was Nintendo switch To never released in the United States. This was a big deal for my kids. It was announced on Friday outside of the Best Bie because I was at the Best Bie the other day on Friday. I'm going to talk about that later, trying to get a freaking computer fixed. It's impossible. They had all these giant Nintendo displays outside, big giant cardboard, like you know when something huge happens, because they knew they were going to be lines outside the best Buy people lined up to get the new switch to. They announced on Friday, Nintendo did that they're not going to release it in the United States currently because they're made in Japan and they don't want to deal with all the tariff stuff going forward with all the Nintendo things, so they're going to hold onto it. See how this shakes out. It's a big deal for the video game industry.
Speaker 2: Was that pressure from the Japanese government on Nintendo Corporation?
Speaker 1: I don't know who pressured it, but they they pulled. I mean, if you call best Buy, I don't know about today, but but when I was calling on Friday, the first thing it says, what if you're looking to get in a Nintendo too and would like to get on I mean, that's the first thing they say at the entire company best Buy across the country. It was gonna be their big, big draw seller, and Nintendo said, no, not going to do it because of the tariffs. Wow.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they just calculated this will all be over in a couple of weeks and we won't have to either a jack up or price in a way that really punishes the hell out of our customers, or be not make enough profit on it.
Speaker 1: That's the way I guessed to delay. Yeah, that's the way I took it. And I wonder how many products are like that that aren't quite as high profile that would make the news. As the Nintendo switch to being pulled. There are going to be so many ripple effects from this tariff thing. It's just it's unimaginable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, including on exporters, American exporters and American manufacturers of domestic goods who import like raw materials or little parts or whatever. I mean, it's that's why those of us who believe in free trade, and yes, I understand that what was called free trade globally wasn't actually and I'm in favor of reforming that. But you can't possibly centrally plan an economy. It's far too complex. I mean, hell, you can hardly centrally plan like one product if it's at all complex the entire economy. That's ludicrous.
Speaker 1: How long will it take for the positive ripples to hit?
Speaker 2: Two to forty years depending on what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Two to forty years, it seems like a long time. Yeah, that's why since we have elections, national elections every two years, it seems problematic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say, strategically speaking, and then in the seventeenth quarter of the football game, I will be no, no, no, that's not the way your term works.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: That's why I find it difficult to believe Trump actually thinks we're going to become like a trade barrier isolated. We'll make all of our stuff on our own place. He's not going to be in power nearly long enough, and Congress won't be on his side in the Senate, and then I just that can't possibly work.
Speaker 1: One more business thing to throw in before we take a break, kind of a trivia question in case it comes up. Olive Garden, I didn't know this was the top us casual dining restaurant for the last seven years. Olive Garden did not know that. I've not been to the OG in a very long time, have you, Michael Og? No? Anybody? Is there anybody good food like to find? Fifteen years minimum? I think since I've been number one. Huh, maybe we're bubbled number one casual dining restaurant in the country for seven years. They just got replaced by now. This place we do go to regularly because we like the cinnamon bread and if it's a birthday, we like the fact that they put you on a saddle there's a hint and make you go woo ha as they all sing around you. Texall Boy Gyms. Texas Roadhouse is now the number one casual dining place in America, and we go there. I don't know, half dozen times last year. Probably. Wow, I don't believe I've ever been there. Some good eating? Right there?
Speaker 2: Do they have white tablecloths and waiters and tuxedos? That's the only smell establishment I have frequently? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: But every once in a while they play music and all the waitresses a line dance, and the food's good too. Okay, we got other stuff on the way. Stay here first, a little breaking news. Don't need the donkey, I don't think. I'm not sure how serious he is, but Trump has just threatened an additional fifty percent tariff on China if it doesn't withdraw its retaliatory tariff plan that had announced Friday of thirty four percent. I think that's what it announced. So we got we already? Have we added twenty? Aren't we running out of percentages? Are we over one hundred percent? Now? Are we like one hundred and forty percent? Like your coach wanted you to give? Yes?
Speaker 2: Where will it end? And will the courts end it? Next segment? Interesting non partisan analysis?
Speaker 1: How serious is Trump about an additional fifty percent tariff on China? And how could he do it? At least the way things are happening so far. He could announce it a half hour from now, right, and that's the law of the land.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's not a democracy, republic, or whatever you want to call it. Too much executive power is too much power, no matter who's in the White House, because if we do it, they'll do it different topic.
Speaker 1: I found this so interesting. I watched it closely to make sure it wasn't AI because if we played it before, I didn't remember. This is Bernie Sanders talking about immigration in twenty fifteen, prior to Trump becoming president the first time, open open box. That's a coke bund This proposal, the idea, of course.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a right wing proposal which says, essentially, there is no United States, kind of make everybody in American port. Then you're doing away with the concept of a nation state. And I don't think there's any country in the world which believes in that. What right wing people in this country would love is an open water policy, bring in all kinds of people who work for two or three dollars and no, that would be great for them.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in that. Fornard Sanders, and it goes on and on and on in that same vein that it is a right wing Republican thing to want to open the borders bring in all these this cheap labor. And if you do that, you have no country. There's no sovereignty. What's the point of even having a country. Yeah, that's the argument a lot of us are making on the right through the whole Biden uh ridiculousness of the biggest movement of human beings in world history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bernie is consistent with Sesar Chavez and other you know, labor leaders especially you said, no, we don't want millions of people flooding in and cutting our bargaining ability by flooding the market with you know, more laborers. That's the last thing they want to make us all poorer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and Bernie understands also that if you, for instance, I don't know, through the border open and millions of people wash across all of a sudden, Americans are going to say, no, we can't have a big welfare state like Bernie Sanders wants socialism. In fact, we got to cut the one we've got because we've got people coming in from all over the globe to suck at the delicious teat of the federal government. It happened though, and already have executives having too much power. I've decided not to enforce immigration law. Anybody wants to come into the country can That's what Biden said.
Speaker 1: Essentially, Wow, that's a heck of a back to back Presidency's right there. Biden launches the biggest migration movement in world history in peacetime, and then Trump reforms the entire global economic order. Both individual decisions. That's something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's kind of disturbing. Not kind of it's disturbing.
Speaker 1: Congress could have stood up to either one of them, though, Uh yes, I mean, we have a system for it if it wants to do its thing. That's one of the problems with bipartisanship.
Speaker 2: Die, I mean, if you know, Hunter Biden gets selected president, how about that thought and at institutes, you know, some sort of horrific eighty percent tax for all white people or hookers or whatever, and you can't get a single Democrat to cross the aisle to vote to you know, limit his power or override it or whatever. I mean, that's just not a healthy place to be.
Speaker 1: What would Hunter Biden run on a baby mama and every garage? Probably? Yeah, come line up every nose.
Speaker 2: Alicia Finley in the Wall Street Journal makes a pretty interesting point though, that employers, especially manufacturers, can't find reliable, conscientious workers who can pass a drug test, and so we've simultaneously got millions.
Speaker 1: Of people flooding across the border.
Speaker 2: What we did anyway cutting the wages of low wage Americans, but manufacturers can't get people to show up.
Speaker 1: The drug test thing. It's all around marijuana. I don't probably we got to figure that out. If it's going to be legal in almost every state, you can't continue to drug test for it. I don't think Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: There's been some speculation, partly because of that video that was posted on truth Social, that there was some sort of deliberate effort on your heart to have the market sell off.
Speaker 1: Can you talk about that?
Speaker 5: There's such a But I do want to solve the deficit problem that we have with China, with the European Union and other nations, and they're going to have to do that, And if they want to talk about that, I'm open to talking. But otherwise why would I want to talk?
Speaker 1: Well, there could be short term pain. It's going to be consumers who bear.
Speaker 2: The costs are a terrible mistake.
Speaker 1: They don't work. They will lead to higher prices. Remember what Mama Gump.
Speaker 3: Said, stupid is a stupid does Let's don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't have a trade war. I heard some Republicans in there. That's all republicans, jack, four of them. I haven't heard anybody explain to me sufficiently what he's talking about regarding the trade deficit we've got between countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've heard some really smart, reasonable people say they don't get why he thinks it's always a bad thing.
Speaker 1: It just happens.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're gonna have countries where you have a huge trade surplus, and we do actually quite a few, And then you're gonna have countries that you just want more of their stuff than they can buy from you. As I've said before, if you're a big, wealthy country, you're gonna buy more from small, poor countries than they could conceivably buy from you. So you're gonna run a trade deficit, and it's fine. He seems obsessed with it in a weird way, don't. I don't get it. Honestly, anyway, I thought this was interesting. Oh, in just a moment or two, what the courts might say about all this because it's on pretty shaky constitutional ground the tariff regime. But I thought this just interesting. A good worker can be hard to find these days. Blame government, which showers benefits on able bodied people who don't work, while at the same time subsidizing college degrees that don't lead to productive employments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely going on. Great summary.
Speaker 2: The result is millions of idle men and millions of unfilled jobs, what an economist would call a dead weight loss to society. I had a big study that we touched on briefly, but and it was from NPR, interestingly enough, about the many hundreds of thousands of people on disability who aren't disabled. The plant just closed in their town and it's easy enough to get disability that they went ahead and did it. And they've got some candid quotes from people who like run those programs or from the corporations. Hey, we're just hiding you folks because they're not listed as unemployed.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that kind of likes it too? Is there any way you'd get turned down from disability if you claimed your back hurt because there's just no way to prove your back, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not effortless to get it, but it's easy anyway. Forty percent of small business owners in March, forty percent reported job openings they could not fill, with the share in construction fifty six percent, No bueno. When was the last time you passed a construction site and they were not playing Mexican music? Never transportation fifty three percent they can't fill their jobs. Manufacturing is forty seven percent. According to last week's National Federation of Independent Business survey. Let's see Labor Department's job openings and labor turnover survey tell a similar story. There are twice as many job openings in manufacturing than in the mid two thousands.
Speaker 1: There's a shriff deployment. There's not a single twenty two year old coming out of college with whatever degree that wants any of those jobs you.
Speaker 2: Just mentioned, right, labor force participation rate among working age men is now five percent lower than in the early eighties. As a result, there are about three point five million fewer men between the ages of twenty five and fifty four in the workplace even as the population has grown, and one point three million between the ages of twenty five and thirty four. Then there would have been were it not for this decline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if they're working, they wouldn't be able to play the new Nintendo switch to. So where have all the good working men gone?
Speaker 2: Some are subsisting on government benefits or living off their parents. About seventeen percent of working age men are on Medicaid, seven and a half percent on food stamps, and six point three percent on Social Security, many claiming disability payouts, according to the Census Bureau. Many spend their days playing video games and day trading.
Speaker 1: Day trading system is this? Friends say they're young? What kind of system is this? Where I'm at work to help pay for this?
Speaker 2: As friends say they've seen young men on dating apps claim to be working as self employed traders, financial bloggers, and even retired financial engineer. Current euphemisms for Robin hood bros who speculate on stocks and share tips on Reddit.
Speaker 1: Ladies, if you come across, I don't care how good looking he seems. If he claims he's a financial blogger, he is going to be living off of you. Yeah, and no blogger, that's my job. Part of it was that.
Speaker 2: The stocks were doing nothing but going up for the last several years, and so everybody started to think they're a genius and quit their jobs.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: But on a different topic, somewhat related the tariff thing.
Speaker 1: I'm a jigger. I've heard of it.
Speaker 2: The Constitution make makes it Congress's job to levy taxes. We all know that right from school, including tariffs and regulate four or in commerce.
Speaker 1: That's for Congress.
Speaker 2: Starting in the nineteen thirties, Congress started shifting some of that authority to the president. They passed laws that allowed the president to impose tariffs in response to trade treaty violations, unfair trade barriers, and other urgent situations. But Trump is relying on another law that doesn't specifically mention tariffs, the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, passed in nineteen seventy seven, which gives the president broad emergency powers to regulate foreign commerce to deal with quote unusual and extraordinary threats against the national security or the economy. Presidents have invoked the laws the law dozens of times, usually to impose economic sanctions or freeze the property of foreign terrorists and other criminals. Trump's used the law to sanctioned Venezuela's main state owned oil company, but Trump is the first president to use the law to set teriff rates, and he's done so through emergency declarations, linking the higher export taxes to efforts to combat fentanyl traffic, illegal immigration, and trade imbalances. This is absolutely headed for the courts mounts. A trade imbalance, a national emergency.
Speaker 1: The fentanyl and the immigration thing, the fentyl ones a stretch, the immigration things a stretch to call that an emergency that you can do this, but the what was the third one, that's the one that's really trade imbalances. That's really ridiculous to call that an emergency. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't now as leverage in a negotiation. I get the trafficking and illegal immigration and how that is for the benefit of the American people. It's a it's a righteous idea to try to kill the fentanyl trade into llegal immigration to like sure and all trade imbalances.
Speaker 1: To me, that's just crazy. Yeah, using whatever tools you've got your toolbox to deal with fentanyl or illegal immigration is one thing, But I don't know. The whole emergency thing always always concerns me for anybody at any level. Yeah, please COVID, isn't that enough?
Speaker 2: To convince conservatives and you know, maga folks that we don't want the executive to have.
Speaker 1: Sweeping emergency powers.
Speaker 2: That tool gets handed to the next person, goodness sakes.
Speaker 1: And they will you know, there's a school shooting and they will say, this is a this is an emergency, it's a health emergency. Shootings. That was brought up during Biden, the idea of declaring some sort of health emergency or safety emergency around shootings and then you can do all kinds of gun things that are you couldn't do otherwise. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of their favorite tax is to say that, like poverty or income inequality is a civil rights issue. If they can show that there's a racial imbalance of any kind, then it becomes you know, the Justice Department and it's a civil rights violation to make more than your neighbor if you have lighter skin than them. And god knows what they might concoct President aoc.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's the best one, the most the easiest one probably for the right administration. A climate emergency, and they could do all kinds of things with not letting you drive a gas car or whatever they want to do. Right, Yeah, that's highly troubling I want to talk about my son went to the Minecraft movie Friday night, so did like every other young person in America. Interesting phenomena around that I want to bring up, among other things. We'll finish strong, stay tuned Strong. I don't know how many of you went to the Minecraft movie. You'd probably have to be that you took younger kids to it, or you have older kids that you know went to it, and that could be from age thirteen till thirty five. Because Minecraft's been the top video game in the world for a very, very long time.
Speaker 2: And you're just going to say, I hope the twenty to thirty five year olds who loved Minecraft are going on their own, not being brought by their parents.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, So there, you know, you might be a forty year old guy that Minecraft was huge for you when you were younger, and you're kind of going out in nostalgia or whatever. But the Minecraft Movie broke all kinds of box office records, Biggest video game movie opening ever, biggest movie of the year so far. It's a Jack Black vehicle. He's pretty enjoying him on Saturday Night Live. I wonder if he ever auditioned for SARAHNT Live he's just one of those people that's he's like Keenan Thompson. He's just one of those people that's funny. It doesn't really even matter if the lines are good. He's just funny saying them, and he made every skip better. But anyway, here's an interesting thing about the Minecraft movie that is a new phenomenon. Perhaps. First of all, it was my son wanted to go with his friends, so I wanted me to buy tickets online. And you now, at all movie theaters, you buy your tickets like you do for a concert. You have a specific seat. And I said, well, you can sit wherever you want. He said, no, it's going to be packed. And I don't know, okay, And it turned out it was. He texted me when he got there and there was a line three blocks long. And they were playing the movie like every hour on different screens, and there was still a line three blocks long on opening day for this movie. And my youngest son, Henry, who's thirteen, he'd mentioned at boy Scouts everybody was dropping Minecraft lines. They said, well, the movie hasn't come out yet, right, He said yeah, but everybody knows the lines from And I said, well how and he said well, the trailers that they run. So if you're on YouTube and you don't know YouTube knows who's watching, they're not sending me that trailer. I pay the premium on YouTube, so I don't have to watch a hands. But they see all these ads and they see the trailers, and so they are catch phrases that caught on before the movie comes out. Now start the clip here. So this is my high schooler. He knew this was coming, and so did everybody else in the theater, and they got He got his phone out and recorded it in here, and then I'll fill it in after you. This is Jack Black. Here we go actually ended up talking over it, but everybody in the theater said the line along with the character, and then clapped at a movie they've never seen before. Wow, I find that interesting. I remember we're talking at this standpoint.
Speaker 2: When the Simpsons movie came out, everybody knew about Spider Pig, for instance, and the Spider Pig song. All the best punchlines are in the trailers. It's annoying.
Speaker 1: Chicken jockey is what everybody said there, Chicken jockey. And then they all clap for a movie they've never seen before. So the height the promotional machine for these movies. That's got to be its own industry where I'm sure you can make a ton of money of understanding how to create this kind of buzz before the product's even been out there, and then anybody even has a chance to decide if they like it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now the social media stuff, I'll bet that is that the highest paid the position at a movie studio.
Speaker 1: It damn well got it might be. And then so then that's the commerce part of it. And then I just thought the cultural part of it, how important it was for both of my kids to know the catchphrases and throw them around, and like the street credit gives you to be able to know them and laugh at them and everything like that. Like he did a boy Scout camp two weeks ago, everybody was throwing a it wasn't chicken, it was chicken jockey, and what was the other one? It's coming in hot I guess it's a hotline. And you say that to your friends that they all laugh and it makes you cooler and they cooler, and it's a bonding moment or something. Sure any anthropologists could explain it to you. I feel like when I was younger. The movie had to a movie had to come out and catch on before there were catchphrases. I don't remember ever, like the crowd chanting a catchphrase for a movie we've never seen before.
Speaker 2: All Right, you might giggle with recognition seeing that punchline that was on the promo that annoyed me in the ad or the trailer or whatever, but no, not so omnipresent that people even know, you know when it's coming and can say it.
Speaker 1: And get out their phones to record it. So the movie industry is dying, you know, they're just they're just really struggling to try to figure out how to get people in theaters. But maybe creating this sort of a yeah gotta be in the no phenomenon ahead of time is the way to get people in there. Yeah, it's more I need to be able. It's more of a I need to say I've seen that because we're all saying this catchphrase than it is about wanting to see the movie. That's I guess That's what I'm getting at. Yeah. Yeah, interesting, they've had to stand it on their head.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: The seats are sure a lot more comfortable at the movie theater than they used to be. That's an adventure back to one some day. So expensive though. Oh see, now I'm back to watching it home. Oh it's a lot of money I sent him. I bought his ticket. It was I think with the tax and buying it on fandego, I might have spent close to twenty bucks for a movie ticket. And then I give him twenty bucks. I said, I'm only giving you. I wanted forty. I said, I'll give you twenty bucks and that's it. You can drink out of the water fountain or I don't know, bring a snack bar or something. But but that's sixty you know, that's forty dollars. I'm into this.
Speaker 2: All of these numbers seem so high to me, don't they. This is how you end up saying, I remember where you could take your best girl Nickelodeon for a dime.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that commentary. Your commentary right there made sense prior to the inflation. But the inflation has everybody saying these numbers seem high.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well it's not. You know, eh, when I was young man, it's like two years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank god, they don't serve eggs at the movie theater. Imagine how expensive. I would be Oh, a movie theater egg delicious.
Speaker 2: Though it's thought I'm strong again, it's less.
Speaker 1: I'm strong, You're ready Green and I'm strong. That's about say something else, but I'll save it from my final But here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day. There he is pressing the buttons in the control room, Michael Angelo. Michael final thought. You know, I can't go to the movie theorist anymore because as an older man now I have to go to the bathroom and I can't pause it.
Speaker 1: You know, I sit there in the theater. Oh, I can't pause this, you know. Yeah, that is an interesting thing. When you're used to pausing. It seems just so wrong to get up and leave while it's still going. I know, it seems great.
Speaker 2: You gotta systematically dehydrate yourself over the course of two days, Michael, Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman.
Speaker 1: As a final thought, Katie, Oh, we talked earlier in the show about that video of the liberals just unhinged at the protest, and you can see it by going to Armstrong. Getty dot com and going to Katie's corner. It's posted there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the visual is definitely worth taking. And Jack final thought sociology, human beings.
Speaker 1: It's all so interesting, the fact that we would bond around, that we would get so much meaning out of I know this catchphrase for the movie, you know the catchphrase, we're all gonna say it together. We feel closer or more a part of something. It's I'll find it fascinating.
Speaker 2: For millions of years. The other tribe would kill you and take your stuff.
Speaker 1: That's it. Am I in your tribe? Or are you in the other tribe? Oh you're in my tribe? Right? Okay, Yeah, as simple as that.
Speaker 2: My final thought at air travel, when it's good, it's bad. When it's bad, it's awful. I never want to go anywhere again. I'm just going to stay in my house. I'm not even gonna ride in a car because somebody might accidentally whisk me to the airport and I'd end up on a plane.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty wrapping of another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: So many people, thanks, so a little time. Go to armstronging Geeddy dot com. Check out Katie's corners. The hot links drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong in getty dot com. Pick yourself up some ge swag while you're there. The Spicy Times at.
Speaker 1: Where will the markets end up today? And then what will the commentary be? And we'll get into another day of that whole thing tomorrow. See then, God bless America. I'm strong and Getchet. It's hold. We need to adapt our approach. GUSSI. I hope you'll stand up and stop this madness. You're kind of damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: My point was mad. That's the Awso there's a hole in the sky where a tree once stood. Somebody's making money on your feet there. Your time has expired. They all very much Armstrong and Getty