Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend. Everybody gangs all here ready to go. Morale is high. The Minister of Humor, Seaton, Marv Paulie, yours truly the Brgs and you, whether you're at home or in your car, wherever you might be. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. Our phone number eight seven seven to three DP Show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your calls as we always do every Monday, Best and Worst of the weekend. I thought it was only appropriate that we gave out the Heisman Trophy this past weekend, and Josh Allen had his Heisman moment for the MVP of the NFL. We'll get to both of those coming up in a moment. Eight seven seven three DP Show Email at r Sdpatdanpatrick dot Com, Twitter handle a DP show play the Day, stat of the Day, poll question, all of that forthcoming. We've got football coming up tonight. It'll be the Bears and the Vikings. The Bears are getting seven against the Vikings. The Falcons are given five and a half to the Pesky Raiders. Speaking of the MVP race. I think it's over. I think it's been over for a while. We were trying to make it a race. It's Josh Allen, followed by Lamar Jackson. Josh Allen a prohibitive favor according to DraftKings, and it's Lamar Jackson, Saquon Barkley and Jared goff Seaton. What's the poll question that we have today before we start to dive into who's joining us on the program?
Speaker 3: Oh, why don't we start with who had the worst weekend?
Speaker 4: Ooh, we're going negative?
Speaker 3: Sure, right out of the gate?
Speaker 2: Arms?
Speaker 3: How about Army football? That's not great?
Speaker 2: Well, they were favored by six and a half, but Navy was a whole lot better than Army over the weekend. Gary Danielson was on the call for CBS. Gary, who had a great game. He'll join us coming up a little bit later on. Yeah, that was a bad loss because Army undefeated. Hey, maybe they get into the playoffs. Hey maybe how are they going to do against notreed? They got roughed up and then you got roughed up against Navy as well. Maybe was the better team certainly on Saturday. Anybody else in there?
Speaker 3: Uh, well, you could put the Detroit Lions on there. You could more specifically, put the Detroit Lions defense on there. Boy, they had a terrible week.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes they did, and Josh Allen took advantage of that. So the Bills they're going to score points. They are the first team to score at least thirty points in eight consecutive games in a single season. Last time that happened to twenty thirteen broncosoow stead.
Speaker 5: Of a day, stant of a day, Statuta day, scant outa day.
Speaker 2: This is the stut of the Day, brought to you by Panadi America Official trading cards of the program. Here's my concern with the Buffalo Bills. If you somehow have a subpar Josh Allen performance in the playoffs, given the fact that that defense is not great, they put up points on offense. The defense just kind of hangs on for the ride, kind of like what you have in Detroit. But Josh Allen's going to be your MVP, and he's doing things that haven't been done in a long, long, long time. How about this, the only quarterback in the last fifty years to have three straight games he wasn't sacked, no fumbles, no interceptions, no negative plays from scrimmage, and that's why Dan Campbell went for the on side kick. Now, this is how it sounded yesterday on the Bills radio network.
Speaker 5: Bates kicks it and it bounces, takes the high hop, and it's covered by Hollins. He's going the other way fifteen ten and he's.
Speaker 6: Upended at the six yard line.
Speaker 7: Oh, I thought the barefoot wonder was gonna get to the end zone.
Speaker 3: Tripped up at the form As the.
Speaker 8: On sidekick goes.
Speaker 2: Horribly wrong for the Okay, there's twelve minutes to go. They're down ten. Dan Campbell realizes we're not stopping Josh Allen. Now, the problem that I have with the on side kick is if you're gonna do it at twelve minutes to go, or you know, anytime after like five minutes in a game, you should be able to surprise the opposition. If it's the final minute, then you can let them know you're gonna have an on side kick. If you said that you were gonna have an onside kick in that moment and you didn't have to tell the Buffalo Bills, then I understand the logic with Detroit because they wouldn't have. You know, you're not expecting an on side kick with twelve minutes to go and the team is down by ten.
Speaker 4: That's the problem with the rule.
Speaker 2: Hey, we would normally be surprising you surprise, but we can't surprise you. It's we're gonna surprise you. We're gonna tell you there's a It's like when you tell somebody there's a surprise party for them and then they have to go in and act surprise. So they basically just said to the Buffalo Bill is, hey, surprise, we're gonna have an onside kick with twelve minutes to go. You gotta fix that, like there has to be I'm okay with the kickoff, Like I'm not thrilled about it, but you know, we've seen some returns, there's some movement, there's some strategy there. But with the on side kick, and I know they're worried about these collisions. I get it. There's gonna be collisions. I mean there is collateral damage. It's football. But when I announced that it's going to happen, you can still have collisions. So why not make it a surprise? Okay, hey, twelve minutes to go. They'd never they've never got an attempt on onside kick. Here's Dan Campbell on why he attempted the onside kick.
Speaker 9: I thought we'd get the possession. I thought we were gonna get that ball. It's one of Bates' best kicks that I've seen him have. That. That was a big kicker at the end. You know, I thinks took a good jump on us, and Hollis made a heck of a play on it. And you know, obviously now sitting here hindsight after them taking it down to the three yard line, Yeah, I wish I wouldn't have done that, but it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Is that the best compliment you can give Josh Allen. So when somebody says, hey, why does Josh Allen deserve the MVP? Twelve minutes to go, you're down ten at home, You're the Lions, one of the highest scoring offenses, and you decide an on side kick because you can't stop Josh Allen. And that's the truth. That's what happened yesterday, all right. So who else do we have in there?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is that because Josh Allen is so good or your defense is so bad?
Speaker 2: I think it's a combination. Yeah, I mean the injuries have decimated the Detroit Lions. Josh Allen has been spectacular, but he's been taking care of the ball. I mean it's really simple because you look at that offense and if I said, okay, tell me all the great names on that offense, exactly, they're not great names.
Speaker 4: They're good, they're not great.
Speaker 2: He's great and he's finally put it together where this is what people thought the last couple of years, where they're like, hey, Josh Allen, MVPIG, Josh Allen MVPG kept trying to shove it down our throats. Don't need to. This year, they came into the season as an underdog. I mean that's a big time win. And I know Detroit's depleted. Buffalo's defense was depleted to start the year, and then you get rid of Stefan Diggs and we're wondering, Josh Allen has no weapons. They can run the ball, and certainly what he does when he has it in his hands. I mean, and you don't hear any drama. It's just they're playing football in Detroit. I mean, you know, Jared Goff has had one of those statistical anomalies where you throw five interceptions and win. You throw five touchdowns and you lose. I don't know if that's ever happened in the history of the game that a quarterback has had that in one season. But for Jared Goff, they put up numbers. That's a fun team. If you said that's our super Bowl, I think everybody would well can't. City fans wouldn't. And we have the yearly Patrick Mahomes ankle injury.
Speaker 4: It just it's it has to happen.
Speaker 2: Because you've got to battle through something and then it win another Super Bowl. It's like, uh, when is Patrick Mahoonmes gonna have his ankle injury?
Speaker 4: Uh? Oh, yeah, he just had it. Yes, Marvin, we're.
Speaker 10: On year two of Oh the Chiefs are down, the Bills, the Ravens, they have to win it. This year we're gonna go on maybe a four street l of the Chiefs being down and being beatable and then winning a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Still, yeah, this is where you're going to look back and if you don't capitalize this year in the ABC and knock them out, when are you going to knock him out?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Seat, I think it's actually too late. You already were supposed to knock the Chiefs out You're supposed to take care of this in the first like eight weeks of the season, and nobody did. And now to me, it almost feels like too late, like they're just rolling. I get the ankle injury, I get all that, but it's like that train has left the station. They're already rolling downhill.
Speaker 2: And you know, Mahomes is day to day. But you want to keep that home field advantage. And the Chiefs probably thought, you know what, buffal will get knocked off here, give us a little bit more of a cushion here. You want to have that home field advantage your Kansas city. Yeah, PAULI, Yeah, it just checks.
Speaker 5: Seaton's right. If the Chiefs didn't make the playoffs, there's no way they could win the Super Bowl. He's correct on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was your chance. Okay, was getting rid of them early, Yes, John, And several.
Speaker 12: Teams lost close games to them. They lose one or two of those games. You know, you're opening the door for the Bills to have home field throughout the playoffs, and then it becomes more likely maybe the Bills go to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: EH seven seven three DP show operator standing by. Actually Tyler is sitting by and he'll take your phone calls. Any other candidates who had a bad weekend, see, oh.
Speaker 3: Of course there's a million. How about the Steelers? Steelers didn't have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: When the Eagles held the ball for like eleven minutes to close out the game, that's almost like if you're watching Army play football or Navy and they're gonna eat up the clot for eight minutes. That just decimates you. I mean, I thought the Eagles would win. I'm always curious can they win without any drama? And it felt like things are better ish there with Philadelphia. I just didn't understand when Jalen Hurts goes to the press conference and before they start the press conference, he's saying, basically, uh, so, is that what you guys were looking for? Huh Yeah, it's not us. We didn't start the controversy in Philadelphia, Jalen, You and your teammates did. And yes, is it asking too much for a guy making fifty million dollars to have a couple of touchdown passes and maybe a touchdown run? I guess because he's asking the media, is that what you wanted? This isn't about the media, It's about you and your teammates. Yes, the last.
Speaker 3: Drive of that game, the Eagles took over on their own three yard line with ten minutes and twenty nine seconds to go in.
Speaker 8: The fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and took up.
Speaker 3: All till like ten minutes and twenty nine seconds. Basically crazy, that's crazy. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: There were a couple other teams that did not have a good weekend the Chargers. Chargers did not have a good weekend. You got the number one scoring defense, Tampa goes cross country and roughs you up. That was a big surprise there. Tampa is one of those teams just like the Rams, you don't want to face them in the playoffs. Now the Rams got to get in. But it feels like, you know, Tampa, Baker Mayfield's done a great job. Mike Evans coming back certainly helps. They got a running game, they got you know, their season. They were a playoff team last year. But that one surprised me that they made it look easy. Well, Chargers were up and then all of a sudden, Tampa came back and I'm thinking, wow, Tampa will game. There anybody else to put on the list? Seeon since we're skewing negative first down.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see right now, we've got Army football the Detroit Lions. Do we want to say defense or just as a team?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll say team.
Speaker 3: Well, because Dan Campbell his whenever something doesn't work out, it's like I.
Speaker 4: Don't know if he's calling the right plays here. You know this is who he is. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of love that. I think if you're on that team, I think you love that. It's like we're all in.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure. Okay, I'm not big on analytics. There was a lot of groaning on the other side, you know, the analytics or I do love gut feeling of hey, my team, they can get this first down, or we're gonna try to the on side kick. I didn't like in the moment. I get it, you can't stop Josh Allen. And if you had the moment of surprise, then I would say yes, because you wouldn't have expected that. And then like, it's already almost mathematically impossible to recover an on side kick. If you look at the analytics, it's not in your favor. If you were able to surprise, then I got it. You didn't. They nearly took it back for a touchdown. They eventually capitalized on that. So is that our pole question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we could put Tua on there. I don't know if he had a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Dolphins losing to the Texans. Let me see anything else in here? Oh, Packers, Packers, the Seahawks at home. That was a big game for them. You gotta win, you gotta win. No show, no show, Marino.
Speaker 4: But that's all, thank you. I don't know where a game from.
Speaker 12: So the Seahawks went from atop the NFC West, so they're not in the playoffs at all right now?
Speaker 8: Is that is that accurate?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I think they're like, I think they've lost their playoffs spot as of today. They went from first place NFC West with a win, and they were already in first place going into that game, and now they're not even a wild card.
Speaker 4: T So the Rams are leading the division?
Speaker 2: They are, Yes, they are, Okay, I don't get caught up in all those details.
Speaker 8: Only three games left is the time to look at.
Speaker 4: These big game coming up Thursday night.
Speaker 8: No, that's not the music for Thursdy.
Speaker 4: What is the music for I don't.
Speaker 12: Know, but it's the nine and five Broncos at the eight and six Chargers Thursday night.
Speaker 4: And that's you.
Speaker 2: Todd's got his Bronco gear on. Oh we the pronouns denver pronouns. We won, We.
Speaker 8: Beat the Colts, but they need to beat the Chargers.
Speaker 4: Where are the fighting pronouns?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love what they've got to beat the Bolts.
Speaker 4: So, oh, you know who had a bad weekend?
Speaker 2: Guys who scored touchdowns but don't score touchdowns because they don't get over the goal line.
Speaker 3: It's a bad weekend for knowing where the.
Speaker 4: Guest line is. God, is that terrible?
Speaker 8: Terrible? I gottn't get it. I do not get it.
Speaker 2: All right, let me take a break. Just getting started here. Our good buddy Ross Tucker will join us a little bit later on phone calls. We'll get to those coming up back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 7: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 6: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 6: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 2: World.
Speaker 7: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 6: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 2: So check us out.
Speaker 7: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 6: As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 7: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Dion Sanders had a great weekend two years ago. He's at Jackson State. Now he's in New York and his player gets the Heisman Trophy. His son is probably going to be the number one pick in the draft, or certainly the first quarterback selected. They almost made the college football playoffs. I'd say that he had a pretty good weekend. But Travis Hunter looked good, sounded good, and I can now reveal my ballot. I did not vote for Travis Hunter. I voted for Ashton Genty of Boise State. I factored in that they were in the playoffs and he was putting up numbers very similar to what Barry Sanders did, and I didn't think that I would ever see that happening. I thought that he was great for a team that had a really good season. I'm not punishing Colorado because they didn't make the playoffs, but I am acknowledging that Boise State did. And Ashton Genty went toe to toe with Oregon at Oregon earlier this year. They lost by three, so I factored that in as well. Travis Hunter was second on my list. Third on my list was Shradoor Sanders. I was impressed with that kid's toughness. You know, he stays in the pocket and he gets hit, he'll take the hit, and I was really impressed by him this year. So there are a lot of candidates. There are a lot of great candidates in there, but it was a lot closer than I thought it was going to be. I'm sure there's going to be reaction social media where people voting against Travis Hunter and Dion and Colorado and they decided to vote for Ashton Genty. I can only speak for myself. I put two of the three. You know, you can only put three candidates on your ballot. Two of the three played for Colorado. But to me, Ashton Genty, I have to acknowledge what he did for a team that's going to be in the playoffs. But Dion had a good weekend, he did all right. Let's see, we're trying to come up with a punishment for these players who dropped the football before they scored the touchdown. For the life of me, I don't understand it now. I get it that, Hey, I've scored so many touchdowns in my career.
Speaker 4: It's just another one.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Taylor's probably scored one hundred and fifty touchdowns in his career. If I go back to high school and college, and he's probably like, ugh, but there has to be a punishment here. We're thinking you have to do a lap like the officials says, you got to do a lap around like it's a kind of a lap of shame. Instead of a walk of shame, it's a lack of you know, a lap of shame.
Speaker 4: And you got to carry the football with you.
Speaker 2: Got to go all the way round and we stop the game and then we have everybody mock you as you run around the stadium. Just so, maybe I thought that these guys keep the football when they score touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Who's the guy who did it?
Speaker 2: Was he with the Jets? It would have been his first NFL touchdown?
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 2: I would have held on for dear life, that's my first NFL touchdown, And then all of a sudden, it's not.
Speaker 5: Yes, Pauli Malachi Corley, Ricky wide receiver, that was his first career touchdown that he dropped in for the.
Speaker 4: Ndzimee, wouldn't you hold on for dear life?
Speaker 5: You want to take it home?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: Look, mom, I scored Malachi the best end zone celebration ever ever. Well, okay, I'll let you guys guess, in my opinion, the best end zone celebration by this player. So it's not the fun bunch with Washington none of that stuff, the group effort. There the best celebration in NFL history in my opinion, Marvin.
Speaker 8: That's easy, Bear Sanders, I knew you were.
Speaker 2: Going to say it because there is no celebration. The answer is no, because I did ask Barry about that years ago. I said, why didn't you celebrate? And he says, I'm not very good at dancing. That was his response.
Speaker 5: Paul, I thought, you're going trick question with Barry. I'm going to go. Wasn't there guy in the for the Bengals who used to reverse spike.
Speaker 2: It, Isaac da Curtis. Isaac Curtis, best end zone celebration in history. He would get over the end zone, take the ball, and he would just drop it right behind him. Subtle message sent, Oh, if you're back there, don't trip on that football as I drop it over my shoulder. These guys they're dropping it before they get over the end zone end line. Embarrassing.
Speaker 8: Yes, smart, Let's blame Deshaun Jackson for that. His rookie year was that.
Speaker 10: There's a primetime game, I mean, and it was a perfect ball from Donovan McNab gets there, speedster drops it. I was like, did anyone not see the level of embarrassment that he faced after that.
Speaker 8: You guys kept doing it.
Speaker 4: He's like the godfather of this play. Yeah pulling.
Speaker 5: I'm going back and watching Isaac Curtis with the Bengals. He waited until he's clearly in the end zone and then he did like the whoop, I'm done with this. But he's clearly in the end zone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, uh, I think, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 13: There you go.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna drop that off there. Let me get rid of this football hero drop it right behind me. But I don't get it. I don't understand it. I get it that you know we're casual with that. Yeah, it just got over and I'm going to drop Great. You just you just took away a touchdown and you needed those points in a game you needed against Denver. Shocking, but it continues to have. You know, you see these guys. How is that in film study? How do you think that goes over? Yes, Mormon, And it's not like, oh, I dropped the ball. Oh it's at the one yard line. No, it's a touchback. You don't get the ball back. You just cost yourself. You didn't even have another chance to score touchdown. I think you have to add a lap of shame something.
Speaker 10: Yes, they got to walk around like Omar EPs in the program. He walked around with a football NonStop, just walk around with the football.
Speaker 2: Us in La leads us off, Good morning, gots what's on your mind?
Speaker 13: Good more than mister Patrick hope here. The boys had a great weekend. Uh well, let's get into it. What a weekend. What a weekend. I got to hang out with some pretty cool cats on Friday. And you know, hey, mister Patrick, I know last week you advised me not to wear Steeler gear. Yesterday I was in the house Lincoln Financial, so I went against your advice and I went decked out of my Steeler gear. We're walking through the parking lot. I'm not even ten feet from the truck. And we're walking and I see this guy running about ten yards ahead of me, and he launches himself off of like this curb with like a flying punch towards me, and at the last second he pulls it back and he turns around and like like people are like laughing or whatever, and I'm like, I'm gonna get my ass beat. I'm not even ten feet from my truck. And my and like, my cousin turns me and he goes, yo. Maybe Dan was right, Maybe you should like x nave the Steeler gear.
Speaker 2: I told you, Gus, they're not kidding around there.
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 13: But it was good. It was good. Everybody treated me well. Thank Christ. Everybody treated me well. You know. The worst of the weekend though, fill in the blank. My Steelers offense is fraudulent, fraudulent. This is an atrocious thing. I'm so glad I was sitting at thirty degree weather to watch Russ put up one hundred and thirty yards of offense. That was great. That was the worst of the weekend, really quickly. Best of the weekend my cousin who was with me on Friday and his lovely fiance. They asked me to officiate their wedding. So now I have to figure out how the hell to become an ordained minister to officiate a wedding.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's easy. Do it online, do it online.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna do that. I'm will leave now and I'm gonna go get online to how to become mid ordained minister. You gonna help me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think it's a big deal. PAULI you got the information.
Speaker 5: I've got a number of websites where you could become an ordained minister by lunchtime. Yeah, it's easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just go out and perform ceremonies if you want to.
Speaker 4: Buddha in San Francisco, Hi, Buddha, what's on your mind?
Speaker 14: What up?
Speaker 13: VP?
Speaker 15: Happy Monday boys, We ride Fritzy, Let's go, Let's go. Then I saw this crazy stat Maybe Polly can check me on this, but they're fourteens to have yet to score more than thirty points. The New England Patriots, the Las Vegas Raiders, the New York Giants, and the thirteen and one Chiefs. Best of the Weekend, Dan the Lamar Jackson and Josh telling MVP race Man that is super tight, awesome to watch. I mean they both had a monster weekends. Good performances from both of them. And Worst of the weekend and the Lions at home, I mean, I mean Ford Field. I was like I was ready, I had my popcorn, my beverages, and it was.
Speaker 13: Just like.
Speaker 15: It's like the Lions just didn't seem to have a chance all game, and it was just kind of frustrating, very disappointing day.
Speaker 9: At Ford Field.
Speaker 8: It was just not good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I am not giving Lamar Jackson credit going against the Giants the way I'm going to give Josh Allen credit for going against the Lions. I know both are on the road, but what Josh did, the degree of difficulty is.
Speaker 4: Slightly higher than going against the g Men.
Speaker 2: Deon Sanders did say there's no truth to the fact that he would advise his son to not play for the Giants, because that has been sort of a narrative out there, and he said, no, it's not the case now don't I don't know if somebody followed up and said, are there teams you don't want your sons to play for? Because that would have been my question, Dion, is there anybody you don't want your sons to play for? And plus, you're in New York, I mean, you're in the media capitol. I would think you would want him there take advantage of that. But I've been saying Vegas all along, and I'll stay on that until we get closer to the draft. Luke in Charlotte, Hi, Luke, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Hey? Dan, hope you had a good weekend. I was just gonna give a quick best and worst. Worst is the Steelers got to get pickings back because that that was brutal the past couple of weeks. My best, though, was a small glimmer of hope within that game. I've never seen anyone work Lane Johnson like TJ did. I think it was great to see that on a big scale.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you needed to have a big game out of TJ. Watt there.
Speaker 2: In Philadelphia didn't even have a big game on a Saquon Barkley. They didn't need one. Jalen Hurts throws for almost three hundred yards. Uh, Roco in Florida, Hey, Roco, what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 14: I's going Dan dannat Hey, but good weekend. A smaller point because I'm from Arizona the Cardinals game, but you know, we'll see where that goes. But for the punishment for dropping the ball, I just thought of something and one of my favorite football movies growing up in the program of or Apps. They hadn't care around the ball in class and stuff. Obviously not class, but maybe you know, anytime they go off the field ticket breather and stuff, they have to hold the football, you know, because they spray the water bottles for them anyway and stuff, so they have to hold the ball the rest of the game on the sidelines or wherever they are.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well yeah, but he dropped it on purpose. It's not a fumble. He just dropped it. Robin Orlando, Hi Rob.
Speaker 11: Hey Dan, good morning, man, And I got a punishment as well.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 11: I think that that player should have to super glue of NFL sized football in each hand for a whole week.
Speaker 13: If it was Marvin, he'd have to use a mini.
Speaker 16: Nurveball, but he'd have to do everything with those balls glued to their hands, eat, sleep, bathroom everything.
Speaker 2: That might be a little harsh there. Super glue seems like it's kind of permanent there. But you know, I'm following your line of thinking there.
Speaker 3: Yes, nothing teaches you to not drop the football then ripping all the skin off both hands.
Speaker 17: I think George Hallis said that. Lombardi Bartia. Yeah, that's the way we used to do it back in the older days. Albert in Virginia, Hi, Albert, what's on your mind?
Speaker 13: Hey Dan? Thanks for taking my call. Oh man, no one else talking about the Rams. Sneaky, sneaky back to the weekend.
Speaker 4: It ain't come.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry about Geno Smith, but hey, Ram's coming.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you, Albert. I've been singing their praises for a couple of weeks. Now they are a good team, getting better, Albert, call back in, call again. We like Albert. Yeah yeah, turn down your radio next time, Albert. David in Ohio, Hi, David, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Dan, Happy Monday.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 16: First of the weekend, I'll start with that Steelers getting to quote Shane Irving getting boat raced in Philadelphia. But best of the weekend Todd Fritz and his Denver Broncos beating Indianapolis Colts to give my Steelers a playoff Berth.
Speaker 2: Hey, all right, there you go, David.
Speaker 4: Broncos are solid.
Speaker 2: I've had people say, well, don't you think you don't want to face the Broncos in the playoffs. I don't get that feeling. They're good. It's just a good team. Buccaneers would make me nervous, The Rams would make me nervous. The Packers would make me nervous. These are these are all NFC teams.
Speaker 12: Yes, Tom, I can see someone saying, including myself, that they're not scary. But again, it's a one game thing if Nix gets hotty.
Speaker 4: He threw three.
Speaker 12: Interceptions and the defense obviously bailed him out a lot, but he kept his composure for a rookie throwing three picks. He only had like two picks for several weeks leading up to yesterday's game.
Speaker 4: There will they win a playoff game?
Speaker 8: I think they can win a playoff?
Speaker 4: No, no, will they No? No, of course they have.
Speaker 8: The game first. They haven't cleanched the playoffs yet. Okay, if they make the playoffs, they'll win a playoff.
Speaker 4: They will do.
Speaker 8: I have to get a pie in the face.
Speaker 4: I can see them when that's.
Speaker 8: I can envision it. I could picture them celebrating a wild card playoff.
Speaker 4: For way to go out on them. Yeah, they need a.
Speaker 8: Better pass rush. They have a good secondary. Their running game isn't great.
Speaker 2: Were very impressed with they. They then just showed up.
Speaker 8: I told you, I told you the Beginner show. We beat the Colts. We're nine to five. They need to beat the Chargers though Thursday night.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a break. Just getting started. Our play of the day is up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP, Oh my God, the play of the day.
Speaker 2: Later play, this is the play of the day.
Speaker 8: Shut this out.
Speaker 4: This is going to be a double pass. They throw a completed throw.
Speaker 12: Back to richardson the Stato to.
Speaker 14: The Z.
Speaker 13: Sixty on the pick six.
Speaker 4: That's your play of the day.
Speaker 2: Heard to see of Broncos Radio Network, Todd, that's your team.
Speaker 8: Probably the best play of the entire weekend is what happened there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nick Benito, the first linebacker with fifty plus yard defensive touchdowns in back to back games since nineteen seven.
Speaker 8: They tried to get cute there, the Colts in a backfire a little bit.
Speaker 4: They did.
Speaker 2: They got tried to get cute two with their touchdown run two and that backfired as well. Already five interceptions, five touchdown passes, so Jared Goff. So in the Super Bowl era, there's ten teams with a quarterback that won a game in which they threw five interceptions. There are twenty times at quarterback has lost a game in which he threw for five touchdown passes. Only three players have done both in a career. So Jared Goff has done it. In the same year. The other two players did not do it the same year. Guess the quarterback who won with five interceptions in twenty twelve and also lost a game in which he threw five touchdowns in two thousand and eight. Been a guest on the show a few times. Paul Peyton Manning, No, Marvin Kirk Cousins, No Todd, Drew Brees.
Speaker 18: Oh Seaton, Let's say Eli Manning, Matt Ryan Ryan the other player through five interceptions in a game in two thousand and seven and won through five touchdown passes in a loss twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's ever been on the show. Don't know, popular person, but I don't know if he's ever been on the show. And he guesses Todd, you book all the guests, Okay, Tony Romo.
Speaker 8: Oh, totally had him on once.
Speaker 4: Maybe, I don't know if we did.
Speaker 8: It was a long time ago.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I really think we had him on the show.
Speaker 2: Maybe when he was you know what. I think we had him on when he was in college. Is that a possibility?
Speaker 14: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, See, we definitely have him on. Haven't had him on since we've been doing this frustrating.
Speaker 2: Disappointment since since we made fun of him there for years on end about how he gets the same answer to everything, like no, no, you're Romo, and then we would just play frustrating disappointing and was it from yesterday's game or was it from two thousand and seven?
Speaker 3: Frustrating, disappointing.
Speaker 2: That's probably why he hasn't joined us on the program. Yes, Paul, checking.
Speaker 5: My records, I have, and I'm not confirming this Tony Romo on our show in summertime around a golf event at least ten to eleven years ago. That may have been one of those Tahoe things, that situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah NBC, Yeah, probably, So it's frustrating disappointed not having one.
Speaker 8: That's what's frustrating, disappointing. It's been so lucky a lot.
Speaker 2: But you know what's interesting though, When I talked to Jim nance Jim will always go hey, Tony says hello. I don't think Tony says hello. I don't think it's like, Hey, I'm gonna be on the Dan Patrick Show. Hey tell Dan thanks for making fun of me.
Speaker 3: Oh great, make sure you tell those guys.
Speaker 2: I said, Hi, Yeah, I don't think that's happening. But Jim is such a nice guy and he's like, oh, Tony says hello, Todd.
Speaker 8: It's like one of those things.
Speaker 12: Where a pr person says someone politely declines and then you run into them at some event.
Speaker 8: I would have loved to have come on. No one told me that you want to mark the.
Speaker 2: Show time to play fill in the blank. That's Phil in the blank. Travis Hunter is a blank Paul.
Speaker 5: This is a tough word because it is a negative A quandary of what to do with him on the next level. A positive quandary, but a quandary.
Speaker 4: Okay, like quandary ismail.
Speaker 5: Yes, quandary.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think that good.
Speaker 8: I went with it.
Speaker 12: Travis Hunter is a bolder b O L d or like Boulder Colorado.
Speaker 8: He's bold the way he plays both sides of the ball.
Speaker 5: Travis Hunter, you could hear seeds sigh.
Speaker 4: I can hear it through the soundproof gliss.
Speaker 8: It's very bold and courageous to play both. Almost every bolder a bolder Boulder color b O L.
Speaker 4: D e R bolder boulder seton. Try to follow that.
Speaker 8: I can't.
Speaker 2: That's what the side was about.
Speaker 3: Who could possibly follow this?
Speaker 4: Travis Hunter is blank.
Speaker 3: Might is similar to Pauli, but it's a mystery. Is a mystery.
Speaker 4: Marvin.
Speaker 2: Travis Hunter is a hunter.
Speaker 8: No, he's a baller. Okay, it's a baller.
Speaker 3: It's funny that nobody picked a position there. Nobody said he's a wide receiver. He's a corner. That's where I thought that the question was really going, and nobody took it.
Speaker 2: Travis Hunter is a unicorn.
Speaker 4: Okay, unicorn.
Speaker 3: But if he was going to play one position, which one would you? I'm gonna guess defensive back.
Speaker 2: At least you know my source who's an NFL scout looking at him as a defensive back.
Speaker 4: Now, he's slight, he is very thin.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen is a blank quarterback, Todd.
Speaker 12: Josh Allen is a mafia quarterback because he kills the other teams that puts up so many points running and throwing.
Speaker 8: Shout up, Bill's mafia. He's a mafia quarterback.
Speaker 4: Shout out this kind of.
Speaker 2: You had a good end of last week, though, I will say you're a little bit a little bit uh seatan. Josh Allen is a blank quarterback. Good he is a good quarterbackback, all right, Marvin.
Speaker 8: Josh Allen is a Newton esque quarterback.
Speaker 4: Cam Newton esque.
Speaker 5: Okay, Paul Josh Allen is a complete quarterback.
Speaker 4: Oh, no flaws.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen is an MVP quarterback. Patrick mahomes ankle is blank todd As a Bronco fan, I'm gonna.
Speaker 8: Go with arrow dead. His ankle is arrow dead. Who knows when he's coming back?
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 12: I don't know what he got twisted layer, those bad I and Lowie were they went on him.
Speaker 2: Who's got a better chance of coming back? Mahomes?
Speaker 4: Are you arrow dead?
Speaker 8: For now? He'll be.
Speaker 2: Patrick mahomes ankle is blank, Seaton soft, tough.
Speaker 4: Marvin.
Speaker 8: Fine, don't worry about it, Paul on Brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his ankle got the message. His ankle knows the script. We got to add a little more drama to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you think his ankle's just waiting just like it is this week?
Speaker 8: Not this Okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, wait, fourth quarter? Okay, here we go. Patrick mahomes ankle is not a factor, not another one. I mean yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: I gotta say it really fast to make us like exactly not a fact, not a fact.
Speaker 2: And that's fill in the blank performed well except for by Todd Arrow did yeah, Boulder, Marvin.
Speaker 10: I was just waiting for the lions are blank, so Frizzy can say cowardly better.
Speaker 8: Than what I am.
Speaker 2: The real quick So the lions are blank, Todd Ford.
Speaker 8: Midible ish fordable is god.
Speaker 2: Like, terrible. The lions are thought they were let them off the hook. Marvin, you got the lines. Is cowardly?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I was talking to ask Fritzy. Okay, I have concerning.
Speaker 5: Play at Ford field, Paul anxiety inducing.
Speaker 8: I fitted.
Speaker 4: Ford.
Speaker 8: That's still tough, that's still great. Team up in the road.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about one hour in the books. Ross Tucker, our good buddy will join us coming. Got more phone calls, best and worst of the weekend. Just getting started on this Monday,