Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is out of bounds.
Speaker 2: It's me, Joey p Joe Pi's appear with me my two best friends, Bogman and the Welsh, and we are here recapping the playoff games, looking ahead to some coaching vacancies, how we might fill them, and of course talking about the fantasy implications going forward for some of.
Speaker 1: The teams that are now eliminated. And let's just kick things off. You're right at the top, and if you haven't already, to make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel and ring the belt to the ghosting for notifications. Let's start with that first game, the Chargers and the Texans. Bogman all week the Texans were here and how they were a bye week team that wasn't like, oh yeah, you're gonna go play the Texans. They haven't been any good and look, I think a lot of us just felt like the Chargers, We're gonna go in there and just dominate them. It was anything but. And you and I were live on Betting Pros during that game, which, by the way, we will be live again hopefully this Saturday on Betting Pros. As my grandma would say, God willing, we'll all make it there on Saturday and we'll be able to watch that football game together again and bet on it like we did last week. But some frustrating moments, some lack of opportunities cash in upon by the Chargers in the first half of that game that came back to haunt them in the second half, because that game got wacky, wild and wide open in the second half. Lad mcconkee hit his prop. That's all we really were looking for. I thought that was a big one. But man, oh man, that game got crazy after a sluggish and weird kind of exchanging of blows in the first half.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's not me if you've heard this before, but the Chargers just did not take advantage of the mistakes that the Texans made. Everyone else has been taking advantage of the Texans mistakes. But the defense held strong in the first half. Too many turnovers, held them only six points. We were talking about time and possession midway through the second quarter was in the Chargers favor at a ridiculous amount, and you wanted to say, well, maybe this Texans defense is just going to get worn out. The Charger is going to run away with this late but they held strong. They scored a touchdown, kicked a field goal before the half ended, took the lead into halftime, and from that point on it was pure domination in the second half from the Texans and the Chargers that didn't have answers, and when they did answer, justin Herbert threw a pick through a bunch of them. So does not a good game for the Chargers. Texans move on, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So the Chargers obviously a good turnaround last year a team that was picking in the top five of the draft. This year, a playoff team. Jim Holroll came in there, did a terrific job with this squad with Herbert, rebuilding the confidence of the team because they were dreadful last year. I mean, let's be honest, how bad they were, and how bad they've been in some of these big spots too, where they just get obliterated in some games. Right, So I understand it's a lot of moral victory stuff that doesn't go very far for a hardball but you got to look back and say, for a guy who throw three picks all year, the four interceptions, although one of them off the hands of Disley was a tough one to get charged with Herbert did not play good enough. Unfortunately, so next year Welsh as we continue to look ahead to some of these teams that got eliminated, what's the big thing that you would give the chargers of you he had like a wishless. Is it another big time wide receiver on the outside. Is it something on the defensive front to stop the run.
Speaker 4: I think it's clearly playmakers like Lad McConkie, was it. They didn't have anything else. Quinton Johnston's constant dropping of the ball was a clear issue. I mean there were two to three moments where they could have pulled first downs and they were not able to do that. Because I mean, it's funny when you think about and you look at like these like hardcore great wide receiver jo Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Terry mcclaurin from this weekend, the ball gets in their general vicinity, they're getting it down. Quentin Johnston plays like a cornerback who's playing wide receiver, Like he does not have the ability to catch the ball and they have nobody else around him. It took Ladd to go absolutely ballistic, and by the way, shout out to Ladd McConkie because he was my big early bet and I used him in Draft Kings. They had the touch king of the touchdown longest touchdown on Saturday. But gentlemen, check this out. So I cashed it and they actually allowed you to parlay three players, which I didn't do, and I only went lad. So awesome, and I got my bet and it's two million dollars shared around everybody who bet Ladd. I got a share of like sixty three bucks on Saturday. You didn't get a lad mconkey. Curtis Samuel scored guys the free bets that were cashed using that same contest over thirteen thousand dollars for the Curtis Samuel longest reception. So that's how fun that contest was a shout out to them, but shout out to Ladd. And they've got to build around him. And it's hard for a hardbod team that wants to you know, smash nos running the ball. He's going to probably you know, want to bring in offensive lineman in a couple more of those guys, but you've got to have a couple guys that you can count on. I think that they should go and call the forty nine ers, the forty nine ers with a guy like Brandon Ayuk Deebo. I mean, I don't care about Debo whatever, you have them for free, but Brandon and Ayuk would make a ton of sense. There's a few free agents that are out there, so I don't know if it's the draft or free agency, but truly, how having a guy like Lad McConkie, who can do what he can do, You've got to have a few other playmakers that can step up when Herbert is having, you know, just a horrendous playoff game and they had nobody not even close.
Speaker 1: It is the thirteenth of January's recording this and that's the first Welsh ism of the year. And if you noticed it, did you make up on it?
Speaker 3: I didn't even catch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you took smash mouth and hard nosed and you made them uh smash Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Say smash you did. Put it on a shirt. Put it on a shirt and sell the merch.
Speaker 1: I want to play smash nose football, That's why. And I'm like, am I my best one of all time?
Speaker 4: That's my best of all time?
Speaker 1: It's better than hard mouthed. I'm glad it was smash nose because I don't why a whole different sort of scenario there, but that is top five Welshism all time.
Speaker 4: But we should be selling that in our store, to smash nose smash.
Speaker 3: No, Dan Campbell, I can only take him inappropriate chokes.
Speaker 1: All right, you're on our discord as always recording. Go to fanserpros dot com slash chat to be a part of the show live because we're recorded on Mondays. Let's get to one of our listeners here hanging out in the chat. Let's go to bought time crisis now, Bot, I know you had some shares with Quentin Johnston and you were not too happy about how that ended up for you.
Speaker 5: No, I got swindled week two, you know, when he had that big week.
Speaker 4: But then it was Pat.
Speaker 5: I remember Pat ms fitz Morris was always saying how he has frying pans for hands. But I do like a question regarding the Texans beginning of the draft season, when we were all starting out, I remember everyone kept saying like, you can't really go wrong with any of the Houston Texans wide receivers, you know, Digs, Tank, Dell, Nico. Well, you know, I don't really see much. I don't know how much longer Digs to be viable to Texans. That tank del injury looked pretty bad, and then there's obviously Nicos still be there next year. I'm like a dynasty and I'm like considering two of these guys that are on the on the waivers right now, which is Exavier Hutchinson and John Metchi. Are those any viable people actually looking at or do you think like Digs and like Dell are be fine because that looked like season ending to me or not season like career like ruining.
Speaker 1: With that, it might be that it's totally sad. It was a terrible injury to a lot of kne damage in there. And that's a great question, by the way, and for the record too, I'm one of my biggest l's that I've taken. I was very much Nico and if you go back and watch a lot of the shows in August and September, I was very team Nico. But I didn't even have him as a first round guy. I should have had him as a first round guys BacT the fact he missed a few weeks. It happens, guys get hurt. But they were right neck and neck in ADP box like you had Digs and Nico like a couple spots from each other. And I didn't understand why because it was very clear that Nico was CJ's guy, and anybody coming in neew was just going to be support. And I wasn't buying the tank Dell phenomenon too because of his size and size was something that just kind of worried me, especially coming back from that major injury the year before, the broken leg. So to his point, Mechi is the one that would stick out to me just because of the pedigree of playing at Alabama. He was always a very strong, possession wide receiver guy into me that compliments what Nico does. Do you see somebody else coming in or maybe one of these internal guys like Bot was talking about.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably a free agent or a draft pick. Honestly, I do like John Metchi a lot, and I've been at John Metchi apologist for a long time. Obviously, his career was, you know, derailed at the beginning because of the leukemia, so maybe he's working back from that. But we saw him a couple of big catches in that game. He also fumbled terrible fumble in the first half, really bad play. Xavier Hutchinson is more of a guy with size. So I think that Mechi is the correct answer here, But I think ultimately next season, because I think the Texans still have a decent amount of cap space if I'm not mistaken. Actually they don't twenty six in cap space. No, I must have been thinking about Patriots. Never at the top, and then you have the chart. So maybe a draft pick Raiders. Yeah, maybe a draft pick. But John Mechi is probably the guy to look at with that little cap space.
Speaker 1: All right, next game on the board here, I'm gonna let Bogman stew in his own juice as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Should I talk about the Steelers and Ravens and Derrick Henry just continuing to be the king and running a mac was one hundred and eighty eight, one hundred and eighty six or whatever it was. It was a lot, uh And there was one point where the announcers two just were in awe of fifteen straight run plays and watching the Ravens just dominate. Which again, Terrell, I know you hear me. You kept telling me that they were gonna cover. They didn't cover. They didn't cover this was a dominant performance. I feel like the Ravens kind of even took their foot off the gas a little bit in the second half, and then you know, your third quarter, they came out, they had that one drive the Steelers, but they really did not have anything. And the thing I keep coming back to Welsh is now the Steelers are in the same spot again. They're a team that lost a playoff game again. They had a winning record. That's great, Like, I get it, you want to be a competitive team, but this was a year where I feel like you almost had the the permission of the fan base except for Scott Bogman to figure out who your quarterback in the future might be and if it was a justin Fields and instead now they're back to square one. They really I don't know who their quarterback is going to be next year. You gave most of the time to a thirty six year old guy and now you're sitting at home. So takeaways from this game and takeaways from what the Steelers need to do in the offseason, and then we'll let Bogman get all of the therapy he needs on this program.
Speaker 4: Well, the first thing on the game would point out was I believe it was Bogman that allowed me to have the second pick in or touchdown draft Derrick Henry. So thank you for that. Derek Henry, I think singularly won that though. I think you have Pooka and I have Justin Jefferson still tonight. But Derrick Henry is a menace and that was the perfect perfect script for a team that was down Say Flowers. Their aerial game was a little bit you know in question overall Lamar struggles against the Steeler, everything lined up perfectly for them. I mean, the biggest takeaway is I think they are primed to make this run now because you can hopefully get say Flowers back, and you're really able to not put a whole bunch on that passing game and you can redevelop that into this now series. The funny thing with the Steelers moving forward, though, is I've seen all these people. There's two camps. There's the blow it up camp and the like I'm my team Mike Tomlin camp. The funny thing about the blow it up camp is they're already blown up. They're all free agents. The quarterbacks are free agents, the running backs are free agents. Yeah, the entire offense is for our free agents except for George Pickens, the one guy you want off of this team. If you're a Steeler fan, you got to be sick of him, even though he makes big plays and cash is the longest reception. I think the what they need to do is such a bigger, more macro question than it is, like we have to figure out, like, okay, Tomlin moves forward, are you going to how are you going to redesign this offense? You have a new quarterback, you probably have a new running backs. You cannot base this team anymore around George Pickens. That guy does not care, barely wants to be there, just like, nah, there's no growth they so the blow up has already happened for them. So I think it's already in front of us. What do they have to do? They've got to get good quality players that all mix and match together, because it seemed like a weird collection of like nause to fields to Russ to no other real weapons out there to help me. Calvin Austin can't be your second wide receiver. It's like the Chargers. You know, you got to have more playmakers. If you're gonna bring back Russ, you got to have more playmakers, so I'd like to see them just kind of rebuild it from a youth standpoint in the draft. We'll see, but it's already blown up for them. The only blowing up is getting Tomlin out of there, if they want to do that. And I think the majority of people don't actually want that steel.
Speaker 1: All right, Box, You've been marinating since late Saturday evening about this. Do you trust them to be able to put this all back together again? Because Walsh makes a great point there, like whether they like it or not, it is an open puzzle with a lot of pieces that they have to squeeze back in.
Speaker 3: Nothing matters until they get a quarterback. That's it. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Answer that question. Look, here's the quarterback of the Steelers in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: It's probably gonna be Russell Wilson. I'm just I don't want it to be, but that's probably what's gonna happen. I think maybe they'll try to make another move. I think Kirk Cousins is an option as well, because Atlanta's probably done with him. And unfortunately, and I told you this a couple of weeks ago, I told you both this a couple of weeks ago. Aaron Rodgers is absolutely an option for the Steelers when the Jets get rid of him, because Tomlin like each other and I don't know, I just.
Speaker 1: With him. Would you sign up?
Speaker 3: I mean that's another piece that that look whatever, the defense is good.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers on the Steelers next year. Please.
Speaker 3: I mean, Wells just doesn't want me to live.
Speaker 4: So I just I need Aaron Rodgers on the Steelers more than I need a forty on Er super Bowl. I'm being serious.
Speaker 1: I need anything from having his own podcast. I'm all for.
Speaker 4: Have him and Pickens. Give me an Aaron Rodgers and George Pickens podcast. There are so many things I need out of that. Please put Aaron Rodgers on that Steeler team.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Mika Fitzpatrick has done. Yeah, I think his career is about over. He you know, he was going for plays instead of tackles and that's just not what you do in a game like that. And the game plan against Baltimore was miserable. I don't understand it at all. Like what they've done the entire time throughout Lamar's career is have TJ hit Lamar if you're gonna run him, You're gonna get hit by TJ. That is basically the punishment for running him. They had him go. They had TJ after Derrick Henry on every play this year, and they even asked TJ about it, like why weren't you going after the quarterback? And he said, I went with what the game plan was.
Speaker 4: I gotta I'm really curious about this. Do you ever wonder how like football rebuilding is not built around like any other sport, Like in baseball, what do you do when you rebuild? You take your great player, you blow it up for four or five pieces, Like that's the designation of it. Like if you have a great player and you're a crap team, they're going that doesn't happen in football.
Speaker 1: Like you know, you would think TJ.
Speaker 4: Watt would be the prime example. Like take TJ. Watt, best offender in the NFL, trade him for like five or six assets, and rebuild. It just doesn't happen in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Were but you don't get to pick the asset. That's a problem is you're getting draft picks, right, Like that's.
Speaker 4: What you take players do play trail.
Speaker 1: There's hardly every big player trades. You're right, but on top of it, like usually those deals involved a bunch of drafticks, so then you have to trust you have the regime in place to identify the right players, draft the right players, and get everybody in there that you want to fill those gaps. And because of come back to the Herschel Roker trade. I mean, the last time we saw something like that Welsh was the Herschel Walker trade, which everybody at the time was killing right and Jimmy Johnson built a dynasty off of it.
Speaker 3: The last time we saw that was Deshaun Watson trade the three first round picks. Honestly that that was the last time we saw it. It's a terrible trade, it's a bad example, but that's exactly what what it is. Usually it is for a quarterback. But I think the reason that you don't see that in the NFL is because a hard salary cap makes these teams turn over so fast. No one expected Washington to do what they're doing this year, right, Nobody expected them to make it to the second round of the playoffs.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Last season, everybody had the Texans as the bottom team. So and this goes to Mike Tomlin as well, Like every every pundit you heard had the Steelers finishing last in the division this year because Cleveland was just coming off a playoff run with Joe Flacco, right, so they had they look pretty strong. So what is it with Mike Tomlin? Is he taking these mediocre ass teams to the playoffs or is he making a decent roster mediocre? That is the question the Rooneys have to answer. And we know that we know exactly what the answer to that question is. For the Rooneyes, it's I don't care what any fan has to say, or any pundit, or any radio person or any personality. We love Mike Tomlin. He stays period, end of the story. So you know, all the all the talk can be going back and forth on Mike Tomlin stuff. He ain't going anywhere.
Speaker 4: Tomin's the only guy they ever want to pay. That's part of the problem too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very true. This is a very zen conversation about the Steelers. I hope the Steeler Nation people are enjoying it.
Speaker 3: I've been listening on it for five years without a playoff win. So they played that, Yeah, Jesus, that was the field Goowl game where we beat the Chiefs and Alex Smith the year before Patrick Mahomes took over and Travis Kelcey biggest cry baby you've ever seen in your life. Blame the refs said, the NFL wanted the Steelers to win. Huge cry baby, Go back and look at that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can feel the hatred flowing through you. Yes, yes, strike him down and you shall become more powerful than he ever was. All right, let's get to Broncos Bills. Now, this one started out a little flat for the Bills and super aggressive for the Broncos. You had fake punts, you had Bo Nicks slinging balls downfield, the first time you ever had a rookie quarterback through a touchdow pass in the playoffs to a rookie wide receiver. And then the Broncos stop being aggressive and the Buffalo Bills, well, they did the rest and you can tell it was back to James Cook. It was back to run the football, was back to basics. This is always the thing that I used to scream about about Buffalo. You have to run the football in January in Buffalo of the playoffs if you were going to get yourself to a super Bowl. And the previous regime and the offensive coordinators did not want to do that. Brady last year started to do that, started to turn things around a little bit, and you saw it yesterday. That's what you need to do in Buffalo. Bob's let's get your take on this real quick. Why did the Broncos stop playing fast and loose in that game? I think they were gonna lose anyway, but it just seemed like that first half they were like, Hey, we're not supposed to be here, Let's just go out there and just throw it against the wall. And then all of a sudden they got conservative and the next thing you know, Buffalo Bills just whooped the ball.
Speaker 3: I know the exact answer this because they didn't have the football show. They did not have the football in this game. The time of possession in this game was forty one forty three for Buffalo to eighteen seventeen for Denver. They could not keep the Bills offense off the field. They just could not do it. And this is a team that won with defense all year. They look good. I mean, this Ravens first Bills matchup in the second round is so big because that might be the best team in the NFL. Detroit's still really good too. I'm not taking anything away from them, but those two teams looked unbelievably dominant in the first round, and that is going to be a very very fun game to watch. But yeah, I mean Denver just could not get off the field. They had thirteen first downs to twenty six for Buffalo. They had they converted two of nine third downs to eight of fifteen for Buffalo, two for two on fourth for Buffalo, two four hundred and seventy one toll yards to two hundred and twenty four. They just didn't give bow Nicks enough time on the field to get in a rhythm because the defense could not stop Josh Allen and James Cook Welsh.
Speaker 1: I would like to see the Broncos go out and get a running back because this committee that they've had just has not been the answer. Do you think that's the big offseason because they left the defense. We can say whatever you want yesterday, fine, but the defense has some players on they got some bash rushs. Obviously, Sir Tanna's a star, but it seems like the run game is the one piece that's really missing. And if you're gonna have bo Nicks have a good sophomore season, it feels like the thing you need to fix.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, on the Prediction Show earlier last week, my prediction was the Bills We're gonna blow out the Broncos, and obviously that I did not feel good about that after that first drive, But then the Broncos just showed exactly what the problem is. They have no ability to establish a run game. They have absolutely nobody and nothing. And they also like they got a cool, fun core of wide receivers, but I'm not sure I would call it like these dominant great playmakers. Marvin Mims was kept completely in check. Troy Franklin won and done, and it was just all but Courtland Sutton. So you can't and they didn't establish anything outside of trying to go deep. You're not gonna make it that far. And that's why I felt like the Bills were going to run ramp shot with them, and it happened. So yes, So clearly they need to bring in some backs they want to be able to run. Those are not the answers, So I don't know. If it's like draft and free agency, I think they need to bring in two guys. Once they can do that, they're going to be a team to be reckoned with for sure.
Speaker 3: Fifty three million in cap space by the way for Denver, so they had they can add some pieces for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, especially you saw so many guys like Mix and chopen New Spot, Henry Chopen New Spot, Saquan chopin New Spot. I mean there was a.
Speaker 4: Running back free agent. I don't even know what the free agent running back class.
Speaker 1: Looks like, you know, the free agent wide receivers off the top. My head had to look at the Oh, look as Boggs.
Speaker 3: Aaron Jones, Rico Daddle, Javante, Naji Harris, JK. Dobbins, Kreeme Haun, Jalen Warren is RFA.
Speaker 4: It's not Aaron Jones or Boss. It's Aaron Jones on a rookie.
Speaker 6: You got to go.
Speaker 3: Very very good running back rookie class, very good. So they'll that's probably well, they'll get it. Get a running back from.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Dredd over on our discord again, the Fancy Bros dot Com slash chat. That's the place where you can join and hang out during the show and talk to us. Dred. What was your takeaways from the weekend's games.
Speaker 6: Oh, well, the Chargers destroyed all of my bets for the weekend, So move past that. I actually wanted to ask you guys more about the MVP race if you had any more thoughts after seeing this past weekend's games, or do you think it's gonna come down to the Bills versus Ravens coming up next weekend?
Speaker 1: Well, correct if I'm wrong. Voting's already done, right, they don't vote through the playoffs, so it's not gonna matter public's perception.
Speaker 4: Though to dreddis point, public perception could get swayed here. But you're right, and that's where the discourse is going to start, is like the votes have been made, then all of a sudden, let's just arguably say the Ravens just beat down on the Bills and Josh Allen has a Herbert like week, and everyone's going to be, like I told you so, it's it's Lamar Jackson. And then when Josh Allen wins it, it's going to be fervor and all the shows outside of you know, FS one are going to be able to have its about the MVP race.
Speaker 1: They've got their own problems to deal with over there. But it usually whoever wins the MVP does not win the Super Bowl. Matt Mahomes is the only guy in the last twenty years to do it, So I'm just saying like it is not something you see very often. If you go all the way back before that, it was Kurt Warner in nineteen ninety nine was the last guy who won the MVP and the team won the Super Bowl that year. Typically you would think Manning, Brady, all these guys, they never coalesced and overlap. Mahomes is the last guy to do it in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they should keep it into the playoffs, But are you think I think they should.
Speaker 1: But it's a regular season award, so I get that you don't want to You don't want to be impacted too much by that, you know.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't know. I think there should be like a weight scale to it, but I don't remember. Were you and Allen guy piece Apia.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. I think the the I was an Alan better, but I'm not an Allen guy for the award. So I'm gonna like separate this too, because I think that's where real I think that the narrative is playing out where we're sick of giving it to Lamar every year, and there's always fatigue in the voting body. Then on top of that, the narrative is Dereck Henry has nineteen hundred rushing yards, Dereck Henry is a monster. Derreck Henry is MVP worthy. So how do we say that about Lamar Jackson At the same time, where you look at Josh Allen, Josh Allen is playing with it, like, let's face it, the casual NFL fan does not understand who Khalils Shaki is. I'm telling you, they don't know. They don't care about Dalton Kincaid. The casual NFL fan does not recognize these names. They see Josh Allen putting this no name team quote unquote on his back, and that's not necessarily fair, but I think that's the perception. Bob, Do you agree that that feels like the narrative that was built and it got close at the end those last two weeks. You could see it got much closer in the betting market, but it was still Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: Who would you say Lamar? You think, but you bet Alan. If I had a vote, I would vote for Lamar. I would That's what I because I think he's I think this is the best version I've ever seen of Lamar, and it's not his fault that he's playing with the best help that he's ever had, and God forbid we give somebody some help, right, I mean, it's not like Peyton Manny didn't have Marvin Harrison and then Reggie Wayde and.
Speaker 1: Some good players around him. You know, Tom Brady had Randy Moss one year.
Speaker 3: My vote would be for Lamar, but it is so close that I don't really have I don't have an argument to stand on between picking either one of these guys. I think they're both definitely worthy. I would say it's hard to not pick Lamar. I think the reason he doesn't win it is voter fatigue. He's already won it twice, but this is the best statistical year that he's had, and he already has two MVPs. So I think it's going to go to Josh Allen, but I would vote for Lamar as well.
Speaker 4: Voter fatigue is the lamest thing.
Speaker 3: I hate it. If you know what, right.
Speaker 4: For this guy they If anybody ever were to say the words voter fatigue and they should not have a vote like that's the most and I don't disagree with what you're saying, but the idea that everyone's like, oh, we're just so tired of this guy being so good, and it's like, that's not how this works. That's not how this works, guys. So there's no voter fit.
Speaker 3: Not screening.
Speaker 1: I agree one thousand percent on you, but unfortunately just not the way it goes, all right, Packers Eagles. You know, I was not surprised that Eagles were a little flat, having not all played, you know, a couple of weeks off for Jalen Hurts Saquon with the week off last week, so that it would surprised me that they didn't come out guns of blaze in the second half. A j Brown reception total did not hit. Very frustrating for me personally on that one, but just kind of a game where you never felt the Eagles were gonna lose Welsh, but the Packers just injuries after injuries, didn't everle Xander for this game, didn't have Watson, they lost Dobbs. It just it just got to become like a mashoot out there. I was never worried about the Eagles wining this football game before, during or even towards the you know, second half there, and at the same time I expected a little bit more out of them. However, the defense was tremendous shutting them out in the first half too. I don't care who it is, you shut somebody out in an NFL first half, that's a playoff team. That's a pretty astounding look for the defense.
Speaker 4: I think what you said is the best way to say. There was never a moment where I was like, well, you're grom the Packers. Just Jordan Love just continuously doesn't look good. Like whether's elbows thing this week. He's not looked good for a month. The passing game, they don't trust, I mean not to his you know, there's nothing against him and this, but like he lost Dobbs, he lost Jayden Reid, he didn't have Watson, like he kept losing guys, but also just made really bad decisions. Josh Jacobs held that entire offense on their back. I guess the only worry would have been, like the Eagles being a little bit flat. But yeah, to your point, like, I just never had a moment where I'm like, oh, they're gonna drop this game. It's like, now, a defense played how it needed to. The offense did just enough to be really great, though I would have loved DeVante smith first touchdown instead of stupid johan Don. But yeah, I think they just did enough to get by squeaked by, and then they can fix all their things. They can go and read A. J. Brown's motivational book or whatever and they can figure out their next matchup. You see, he picked up a book on the sideline John the book did.
Speaker 1: We find out? Because I just come home from coaching flag football and I had seen the thing and for dummies, that's that's what it was, like, how do how do uh how to be successful and make friends? Or whatever?
Speaker 3: It was, Yeah, Howalen.
Speaker 1: Hurts to like me and throw the ball to me? Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, how to deal? How why do I hate my best friend?
Speaker 1: Influenced people would make friends? Right?
Speaker 3: That's yeah.
Speaker 4: No, it was some like like inner success type of thing and he had it highlighted, but like it.
Speaker 1: Was one of those moments that's good.
Speaker 4: Oh, it totally was that. There's a moment. They had this great clip online you can find were you just know A. J. Brown knows the cameras on him because he's sitting there and he just reaches down on the bench and he picks up the book and looks, and DeVante Smith is kind of turned over almost look. It actually felt like a scene out of the office, Like I felt like DeVante Smith was going to talk to us, like like look in the camera and he was just gonna be like in that moment, I didn't know what was going on. Like I really felt like it was an office moment.
Speaker 1: You want to play like that Curby your Enthusiasm theme over it down. He justits that it opens the books. It on the bench. Oh goodness, gracious, Bogs. Any notes for you on Eagles Packers? You want to just jump to the night game the Packer.
Speaker 3: The Packers just turned the ball over too many times, three picks from uh Love, and they had the fumble on the opening kick, which should not have been a fumble. By the way, I don't understand that at all. Like Nixon clearly recovered the ball, they reviewed it and then still gave it to Philly. I did not understand that well, because.
Speaker 4: They still think they gave it. The initial call was that they had recovered it and they didn't see enough evidence to overturn it.
Speaker 3: That was they don't have eyeballs. Ball was a problem yeah, I know, I know. I'm not blaming you. I'm just saying they don't have eyeballs. It was pretty clear to me. I thought Nixon picked that ball was the problem. Yeah, yeah, oh no. AJ Brown gave me this book. By the way, did you guys see the ref go over and talk to Josh Allen? I sidelined.
Speaker 1: I did see that.
Speaker 3: He said that the ref came up and said, quit screaming about calls or you're gonna get fifteen. He's like, that was basically the whole thing.
Speaker 1: So, and quarterbacks don't get coddled in the league, right only Patrick Mahomes. Okay, let's get to uh the off season for the Packers real quick. I don't know what the timetable is for Chris Godwin, but that's the guy I'd like to put on the Packers. He's gonna be a free agent this year. They need a guy that is, you know, reliable, and I think that's the thing that they don't have. They've got some talent that wide receiver course sporadically, but reliability, I think is the one.
Speaker 4: I think of the worst scenario for him, Like they run rotations, like what are you taught like?
Speaker 1: Run rotations, I think because they have to.
Speaker 3: I think that Godwin will not be rotated, right.
Speaker 1: I think that's the big problem is is you you have to start locking in some guys to some spots for Jordan Love and for the concer read this offense. And Godwin's a guy that I feel like you can lock in and you can move around and you could feel good about his productivity. Again, health is the question, but that would be a guy that I'd like to see them look after, all right, Commanders Buccaneers, Oh my goodness, Baker Mayfield led the league in fumbles, and some of those fumbles came back to haunt him in this game, unfortunately. Just bad timing on a couple of things here. Literally you had the center snap of the ball when nobody was ready. You had a couple other weird moments of this game. You also had a penalty that you should have been called that was not past interference on zach Ertz. But at the end of the day, despite some shady decision making by Dan Quinn, like I don't know why you're not kicking a field goal while you're going for fourth down, stuff like that, but ended up working out. You get the field goal that hits off the uprights and goes in. Everything's just coming up Jayden Daniels this year and this Washington Commander's team, I think we all believe they're gonna get their doors blown off against the Detroit Lions. But who cares? I mean, Welsh, this is such a successful season for Jayden Daniels and the Commanders and Bobby Wagner, you know, had some really good moments in that game. He was like, you know, a rejuvenated veteran Bobby Wagner, kind of like popping off one more time. So what were your takeaways from that night game?
Speaker 4: I think the Bucks would have really benefited from establishing the run game early. I think Bucky Irving had like five or six carries in the first half. Obviously as someone that was betting the over on that, like he got to seventy nine and then he lost two or three yards on the next carry and they stopped. But like they I think he had double the rushing attempt output in the second half. So if they had gotten to that and established that, you know, you can run against the Commanders, that would have probably helped a decent amount. But it was a wild game again on the prediction side. I was like, I think this is gonna be the best game, and ended up being the best game because of the craziness. And I don't think you guys saw like Zane Gonzalez, I didn't know. I mean, I've live in Arizona. I didn't know about this in his ASU days, but he has this weird OCD tick where I don't know if you guys saw the video, every three seconds he was doing this and then he would put his helmet, but he'd almost put his helmet on, and then he would stop and he would do his hair. He did it like seven times, and it was giving everybody anxiety. And that was his OCD kick and then it you know, donks right off of the upright and then it goes in. As someone also who had bets, I was praying that field goal wasn't going to go, so we were going to go to overtime because then we're smashing Irving and I needed a couple more yards from Baker. So that hurt. But it was a fantastic game. Commanders are one of the best stories this year, and every player in the NFL wants to play for Jayden and Daniels I actually think back to Ayuk wanting to be traded to go and play with Jayden Daniels. You had Malik Neighbors did a video in the stands like, Jade Daniels is phenomenal. Crush those completion over I think he had twenty four in the game. He is an absolute dude and his player stepped up where others didn't. Like we're talking about the Chargers, Terry McLaurin. Incredible plays. You know, Brian Robinson was out there and Jayde Daniels ran that offense. It was it was masterful and kind of a bummer that the Bucks got knocked because I enjoyed watching them. But better team won and Commanders and Jad and Daniel moving on Daniel tyreek.
Speaker 1: Hill to the Commanders, let's go Boggs. What do you want to do to help out the Bucks at the end. You want to get him some safety help. You want to get him a corner, Like what do you want to do here in the off season for the bucket of game?
Speaker 3: It's a it's all defense. It's right, it's all defense. The offense is okay. I mean, obviously you would love to have Chris Godwin back, but jayma McMillan filled in fine. Mike Evans seems to be ageless, so he's going to be back. Baker is back, right. You know who could really use Baker Mayfield right now? The Browns. Uh, they they could really use Baker Mayfield right now.
Speaker 1: You should do that, dude.
Speaker 3: It's all defense. It's secondary help for them. They try. You know, Carlton Davis is banged up, they sign him this offseason. They need to put pressure on the passer more. They need another edg rusher, real, real bad to help. So the problem, I mean, we saw Baker Mayfield play great the whole year. This offense is not the issue. And Washington did not even play their best game by a lot. They barely won this game because they didn't take those opportunities earlier in the game. So you think against Detroit they're probably gonna be taken some points. But against Detroit that might be where you want that mindset more going forward on fourth down five times and that type of stuff, because you know that they're going to do it as well with Dan Campbell. So I do think that that's going to be a very interesting game Detroit and Washington next week.
Speaker 1: So let's real quick play our little game here before we do. Quick reminder download the Betting Pros app right now and you can still get the thirty three days of premium. This is the best month to do it with all the playoffs still going on here for NFL, with NBA heating up MLBS around the corner. Use the promo code FP free to get thirty three days of the premium product of Betting Pros, the best tools in the business at your fingertips. Download the app sink your sportsbooks for free and use the promo code FP free to unlock thirty three days of Betting Pros. So let's talk about coaching vacancies. Mike Vrabel, head coach of the Patriots. I can't believe it. I never saw it coming. I just I'm overwhelmed with shock and awe. I'm just really excited to be honest, like, I'm just that's the guy. Last year I didn't get him. I waited. I got him this year for Christmas. I'm very happy. It's it's great. I'm ecstatic. I'm over the movie. Mike McCarthy, Well, he's out of a job right now, and that is one of the more openings now joining Dallas New Orleans of Las Vegas, the Jets, the Bears, and the Jaguars. So I want to go through the guys here and have a little fun. I want to see with some of the candidates that we have, who might be a good fit for some of these openings. Bogs, let's start with you with the Dallas Cowboys. Who would you like to see be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: I mean, I would love to see it be somebody terrible. Let's get Dion in there. That's what I'm saying, right, Dion would be great going to Dallas. I don't think that's a real scenario. I don't think he's ready, and I don't think.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent happening. I'm shocked that you really. I don't even think there's a question that Dion is going to be the Cowboys cod. Wow, that's happened.
Speaker 1: I think it's honestly Welsh. I'm with you. I think it is absurd, But it's Jerry Jones. Why wouldn't it be absurd at this point?
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: I mean what he's forgotten. I think those players would respect him. The Michael Parsons of the world Deon Sanders. They're like, I don't think it's a long term good effect, but it might be a weird short term bump where he those that crew, they you know, they grew up with these stories of Deon Sanders and you know the highlights of Dion. I don't know, Welsh go ahead continue on with no.
Speaker 4: I think they go and they get some veteran former coach. Probably they have some connections to Deon.
Speaker 1: To be the o C.
Speaker 4: You get just like you know, you know, former locked in guys for d C and o C. Dion gets to control the team. He is going to be a fan favorite. And what I was I said before is like the Cowboys like two days ago, were saying Mike McCarthy can't interview for the Bear's job. I think that's what got they They said no, and then they fired him, like obviously he wanted out. I think they need to rally back, you know, I mean obviously, like you know, Cowboys fans as long as Cowboys are winning, they're going to be fans. So they're losing fans right now. So they got to get they got to get that crew back out here. Lakers aren't doing so great So Cowboy fans are struggling out here. They got to get Deon Y just lost the World Series was just lost for Cowboys fans, gonna two one hundred percent. They lost on Sodo, Yankees fans and Dodger fans and all of them. They're all struggling right now. But I think the Cowboys would benefit from like the publicity of it is it is it like a great move, Like no, probably not, like I agree, like Dion isn't ready, but I think that's going to allow You know, Dion is gonna be one of those players that's going to have that portal of like NFL players wanting to come play for him, that college side that's going to want to come play for him. Look what he did in Colorado. I think it's an absolute no brainer. If Mike McCarthy's out there, you're not going to go and bring Pete Carroll in to be the Cowboys coach. It's definitely Deon Well.
Speaker 1: She was the next side coach of the New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 4: Oh God, the New Orleans I know that one.
Speaker 3: This is the rumor, this is why he wanted out, is to go to New Orleans, which I don't understand why that seem like the worst job to get.
Speaker 1: Away from Jerry Jones.
Speaker 4: Wasn't he there before the forty I think before he took the OC job in the for Was it before or after the forty No, it was before the forty aers. I think he was with the Saints before he went to the Niners and then became the Packers head coach.
Speaker 3: I don't remember what his history with the Saints is, but they're fifty million over in cap space again and the roster is awful on offense outside of Kamara and Olave. So I just it seems like the worst job in the league to me. But the rumor right now is that this is why McCarthy wanted out, was to go to New Orleans. Maybe he likes ownership there.
Speaker 1: Defensw thousand of two thousand and four, so maybe it is an ownership.
Speaker 3: Really, he's a bit, he's a big dude, so maybe he just likes the food. I mean, I would move to a city lot, so yeah, exactly for me. Gumball John Balayah never had Gumbo in my life.
Speaker 1: The Jet's next head coach I think should be Aaron Glenn. Bring the hometown guy back. Yes, get some discipline on this team. I want to see Aaron Glenn be the next head coach of the York Jets. And you know what, a lot of guys want that job because they don't want to work with Whatddy Johnson. I think Aaron Glenn could pull it off. Vegas Bogs. He got any ideas for a Vegas head coach? Here for the Raiders?
Speaker 3: How about John Gruden? No? Is that too much?
Speaker 1: Too soon?
Speaker 4: He's up with Barstool. He's doing the extremes and stuff. I don't think he even wants to do that. I know he wants to.
Speaker 1: It feels like an offensive coach. O, guys, I think this is where you get Kingsbury to tell you the truth.
Speaker 3: Said Dan Kingsbury.
Speaker 4: He's Bill Belichick. Tom Brady takes over as the main guy. He brings back Belichick.
Speaker 1: Now he's got to pay ten million though, to get him out of UNC.
Speaker 4: Nothing money.
Speaker 1: That's that's one game for him for Tom Brady Broadcasting.
Speaker 4: Let's get it rookie cards. He'll just sign a couple of cards and he's got it.
Speaker 1: He's locked, all right, Chicago Bears, Ben Johnson, do we all agree that's what Johnson ends up.
Speaker 3: I think this is where Cliff Kingsbury goes, oh okay, because he worked he worked with Caleb Williams. Williams at usc AS is oc there and I think that relationship is big. And I think if you're the Bears, you have to fix this quarterback issue. You've had too many quarterback issues. So even if Kingsbury isn't the you know, successful head coach that you want to bring in, I think he settles that relationship with Caleb Williams. He can figure him out. And I think Kingsbury is it has to be smart enough at this point to know I need to hire somebody to control this defense and just let him do it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And he needs to hire a timeout guy too, because he doesn't know what to do with timeouts at all. So I I mean, see a clock operator guy. A lot of teams are doing it. He has to have that guy ready to go. So I think Kingsbury needs to figure this offense out.
Speaker 1: Specifically, Well, where's Ben Johnson? Then, welch is that Jacksonville that's the only chair left to sit in.
Speaker 4: I think there were connections. I think there was like like they're extremely interested. I kind of agreed, like when we said no, But I'm like, where's Ben Johnson going to go? I don't know if you want to go to that spot, but I think that is you have a quarterback theoretically, Yeah, I guess, and you've got you've got like you get to build her on Brian Thomas and stuff like that. Yeah, I think that would make some sense. I don't think that's a great place to go. I don't think that's a good job. But yeah, I'll go with I'll go with Jacksonville because Ben Johnson has got to be the hottest candidate here.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the touchdowns and then we'll take a trip down to Florida. Speaking of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Scott Bogman. Actually Welsh is leading right now. So Welsh, why don't you make the first pick? Then I will pick and Bogman we'll have for two here in the touchdown draft for the divisional round of the playoffs. Welsh, where do you want to begin?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So we're doing three rounds.
Speaker 1: We'll do three rounds yet again, Okay, got one, Bogman has one, Welsh has three, and he's still got Justin Jefferson left to go tonight. I think, yeah, Bogs got pook Oh you got Pooka tonight too, So I'm just the loser with one. So maybe I should draft. I'll drive. So here we got Welsh, then Bogman, then me. Let's go.
Speaker 4: All right, I am going to start it off with We're gonna go Derick Henry again. So he was my second overall pick. Why would I not go right back to Derrick Henry?
Speaker 1: Makes sense to me. All right, Scott Bogman, you get the second pick. Where are you going?
Speaker 3: Josh Allen? Josh Allen?
Speaker 1: All right, so it's me for two again. Oh goodness, gracious, all right, here we go. Let's give me Saquon Barkley. All right, we're gonna go with Saquon here for a touchdown? And wait a minutemanna go for the second? Where are I go? Give me Mark Andrews. Mark Andrews, by the way, a really good second half. After being just brutal and people dropping in fancy leagues, people realize how many touchdowns the end up by the end of the year. Not a bad look. All right, back to you.
Speaker 3: Box, let's go wit ta mere Gibbs, got you son of the.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's a really good one. I should have taken Gibbs there, but that's okay. I could have got Andrews later. I was under the gun there, all right, back to you watch for two and then bogging.
Speaker 4: One hundred thousand percent who I wanted.
Speaker 1: All right, So well we've got it. We can't take any Vikings yet or Rams unless you want lucky.
Speaker 3: You can risk again, you have a lead, no risk, getting no risk, getting.
Speaker 1: No all right.
Speaker 4: So one I'm gonna take is Cook. So how about the leading rushing touchdown guy and getting a touchdown there? And then let's go with I really wanted Jamier Gibbs. Let's go to I'm on our saint Brown. We're gonna take a wide receiver in there in that matchup with the Commanders. I feel in a very good spot, as does our own stink MANGIONI is feeling pretty good. He sent me a private message, by the way, and he was like, I believe in you. He's like, you are going to do this, and I'm like I am there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, Bobs, back to you for a touchdown for the Division round of the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Jalen hurts hurts.
Speaker 1: It is, all right, which comes back to me here, give me Gosh. I want to take Josh Allen, but instead I think I'm gonna go Terry McClure. Let's go with t mc all right. I'm not taking Josh all I'm not doing it this time. But you can't Josh all my first can't take That's right, I can't. Sorry, No, wonder why I can't do it?
Speaker 3: Taking Mark Andrews over there too, busy taking Mark Andrews.
Speaker 1: That's I'm feeling the Mark Andrews right now. All right, make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel, drop your comments below, and don't forget to share this with all your friends and loved ones and bring the belt to the ghost ding for notifications. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Bogan and Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at Fantasypros dot com, slash review, or on Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros