Speaker 1: Call It what It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Call It crew, and welcome to another episode of Short You're in Sweet.
Speaker 3: Today we're talking about guilty pleasures.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, for some reason, I have an adverse reaction to saying guilty pleasures because I don't know about you, but I have had a couple I mean, I don't know what this says. I've had a couple of people say to me like it was a bad thing. Oh my gosh, you're on my guilty pleasure. Gray's Anatomy is my guilty pleasure, and I'm always like, I don't feel like that's a compliment.
Speaker 2: Well, also, I'm not sure why, Like we did ins and outs for the New Year, right is out feeling guilty about any pleasures that don't hurt anybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that because I would.
Speaker 2: Say my guilty pleasure is I'm a Bravo like watcher and I love all those Bravo queen. Hello, I love all those shows and I never feel guilty about watching them.
Speaker 3: I don't think you should. So maybe these are just our our fun pleasures. These are fun pleasures. Yeah no. But I just feel like when people say guilty pleasures, there's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, what you just said, there's an intimation that there's anything wrong with it.
Speaker 3: Like I had the well, the person I'm.
Speaker 1: Thinking about that said this to me one time was like, well she yeah, she did kind of suck and she was just known for being very snobby.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I do know this story. You told me this story, and I know who guy says, yeah, yeah, am, And I think also because I she will dig a dig.
Speaker 1: She got all excited, she got all excited. It was like when I first started, maybe I'd only been on the chef for like a year or two, and she got all excited, like she normally doesn't get excited, and she got all excited and she's like, oh my gosh, I love you so much on the show and it's so greatable and then she like almost had to remind herself to calm down, and and she you know, remembered that she only watches you know, foreign language films and oscar short films is you know words, and then she corrected herself and was like, I mean it's you know, it's it's my guilty pleasure.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite show with words.
Speaker 2: Tell I don't know how Grey's Anatomy can even be considered a guilty pleasure.
Speaker 3: And I'm just gonna. I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm on the team obviously, so I'm you know, I feel a certain way. But it's like, isn't it like the it's always in the top ten streaming in the world.
Speaker 3: It's like it's iconic. Maybe we're just gonna just say she was an outlier. She was she was she was an outliar. Yeah, she was an outlier.
Speaker 1: And it's not a guilty pleasure. And I'm em raising that memory from my mind and straight into guilty pleasures Like, uh what, so well, No, I'm gonna go with what you said. I don't think you should feel guilty about having pleasure.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's your not so guilty pleasure?
Speaker 1: Mine not so guilty pleasure. I love Hogandaw's chocolate ice cream. Which one just the chocolate, just plain chocolate. There's something about the taste profile. Yes, I did say taste profile.
Speaker 3: Would you do it over Bed and Jerry's?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in Jerry's isn't for me? I know it is for lots of people. There's too many ingredients I like it all. I liked It's like a sweetish shift.
Speaker 3: It's like blur but b.
Speaker 1: It's like this the Siren lives gets about like all the things being in Yeah. No, it's just chocolate chip. No, not chocolate chip, just chocolate. I actually don't like chips in my ice cream. But I if not stopped and in the right uh time and place, I could hole Carton gone.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I mean I think I could you add a little chocolate sauce, a little camel.
Speaker 3: No, it's just perfect exactly as it is.
Speaker 2: Wow, yep, I like a little kitchen sink ice cream. Yeah, I like all the things.
Speaker 3: Sure, Okay. Another one that I think that I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think the guilty pleasure is the part where people like, whenever you say that you do it, people give you the like side the side eye, right, they're like oo people so like my girlfriends laugh because I have one girlfriend who somehow whenever she's like when I talk to her and she's like, where are you going, I'll be like, do you get my nails done? She's like, how many times a week do you get your nails done? I swear once a month, But for some reason it seems like I get them done every week.
Speaker 3: You do have great nails.
Speaker 2: Jessica makes fun of me because I love a I love a kiss glue on nail.
Speaker 3: She does.
Speaker 2: I love a little because the truth is is that I won't. I should prioritize doing that for myself because it's a it's a really nice thing to go relax and sit in one of those massagy chairs, yeah, and get your nails done. It feels nice, But I don't ever, and so I'm always carrying around like three sets of kiss uh nails.
Speaker 3: And this is not an ad. I wish it was an AD.
Speaker 2: I wish they were paying me because I've invested a lot in that company.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm actually I think you're the winner here. Like I think it takes a tremendous talent to be able to do that. I'm just sitting there like a sloth while I get my nails done.
Speaker 2: I mean, I do love a sloth, though that's more my vibe. Slothy Slothy Mills.
Speaker 1: You know what I never I mean, listen, who doesn't. I mean maybe not everyone does, But I think.
Speaker 3: The nails are pretty ubiquitously sought after. I don't even know what you call them. But I think people like dales obviously, yeah, obviously. And I didn't always.
Speaker 1: I used to let them just kind of be whatever they were. And I played a lot of sports when I was younger, and by a lot, I mean a couple, but I played sports, and so I didn't always have like the nicest, nicest nails and uh then, but my grandma, my Grandma Bev, always had the She not only had great nails, but she had beautiful fingers, Like you know the people who have like long fingers, yeah, and then like they're nail But I do too. But when I have longer nails, it makes them look longer.
Speaker 2: That's why I do love a foot long nailsh because until they curl, yeah, because you look more elegant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: And I also am what's it called the ASMR or what the sound of it like?
Speaker 3: When you oh, you like?
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, I like it for myself, but I can't stand hearing it on other people.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well I love it.
Speaker 1: I remember listening to a podcast where Dolly Parton was talking about how she came up with the theme song to nine to five, and she said, I'm remembering that it was on a lunch break or something, and she's filming with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin and there.
Speaker 3: You know, she's been tasked with writing the theme song.
Speaker 1: And she starts playing out the melody or the backup or the song on her nails.
Speaker 3: So she starts going, no, is that a true story? I don't know if you can hear them, but she starts playing them. Oh yeah, a bit.
Speaker 2: They weren't kiss nails. I don't know if you can do that with a kiss nails or go flying flying, that melody would have never happened. Sorry, kids, I do love you, okay.
Speaker 3: Uh. We asked the.
Speaker 2: Crew for their We're calling it not so guilty pleasures, but they were guilty pleasures.
Speaker 3: Anna buying squish mellows.
Speaker 2: If you guys don't know what these are, they are teddy bears are super squishy, right, yeah, my kids love them too.
Speaker 3: Is it the beanie babies that are now and again? Oh? Are they? Is that what it is? Or is it something else? My daughters are m My daughters are into something.
Speaker 2: No jellies, jelly cats, oh, the jelly cats. The jelly anyways, the jelly those things are expensive, you guys.
Speaker 3: They are and by the have you ever seen the oversized ones and like the.
Speaker 1: Super high end shots? I don't even I don't have a car big enough to take it home either. Yeah, you're gonna have to read the next one because it makes me one up.
Speaker 3: Oh this is gross.
Speaker 2: Okay, Victoria peanut butter banana, fine and mayonnaise sandwich.
Speaker 3: That's so gross.
Speaker 1: I'll take Lydia reading smut. So okay, here's the crazy thing. So I take smut to mean like romance novels.
Speaker 3: Right, it's sexy though. They got a lot of sexy scenes, right, yeah, like after dark? What's after dark? Or you read them after dark? Is that what you're saying? Do way?
Speaker 1: I guess you could read them on a beach, like when you read them it makes you feel things as mich can I just say we've had a note from iHeart that says it's porn type of books.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Heart Radio. Yeah, they include a son because it makes you.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done that where you're like you are reading it and you're like genuinely getting aroused?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sure, I mean.
Speaker 2: I haven't done that in like since my probably early twenties.
Speaker 1: A really long time, I know, But I'm saying it took me back to that spot where I remember I think it was. I think I innocently came to it. I thought I was see what is said there?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I innocently came to it.
Speaker 1: But anyways, I yeah, I remember getting like a beach read and thinking it was just a romantic novel. And then the next thing I knew it was being very graphically described what was happening. And I was like probably a teenager, and I was like, wait, what you can do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, ooh, I'm in. I think it's great. I love it and support it. I'm going to get one, Matt. We're going to Barnes and Noble. God.
Speaker 1: I wonder if like movie stars have been approached to do an audible of like a really.
Speaker 3: Matt, you know it's funny.
Speaker 2: Matt has had to read a very provok he did audio books one at one time in his career, and one was a super sexy, smutty book.
Speaker 3: And I haven't read it. I haven't listened to you. I haven't listened to it. I haven't listened to it. I haven't listened to it. And now you know what you're doing tonight, I'm too busy jazz. I love to do Listen, I got I got that. I got him in real life. I don't know if I need him to be like bub to goo SEUs.
Speaker 1: You just read me a thirty second spot from that book you did back in ninety four.
Speaker 3: Oh so good? Did you do to her again?
Speaker 2: Allie said, I will never stop biting miny else. It brings me comfort. And I don't care if they say I will get worms in my brain. I've never heard that.
Speaker 3: No, someone told you that to make you stop. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm a nail biter just because it's and then it's been an anxious habit of mine since I was younger. I don't even care, really, because I know that there's other nervous habits like chewing on your hair and things like that, and I'm like, I'll just the nail biting is.
Speaker 3: To me, it's fine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Alison says Taco Bell about once a month, when I drop the kids off at their soccer practice, I go through the Taco Bell drive through and eat a chaloup.
Speaker 3: But in my car in silence, I feel like I'm missing out. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I've had Taco Bell one time. I really think and I think I need to make a drive through experience because people love it.
Speaker 3: What I would recommend to you is you should try it, all right, I like that snooping on others social media for hours. Yeah, that actually is fun. Remember my story about Miles Teller. Yeah, yeah, you like a Kelly snoop. I like a Kelly snoop.
Speaker 1: I want to know where she's going, what she's doing, where she's doing it, what she's wearing while doing I don't snoop.
Speaker 3: On famous people. I like more of a what's what's uh Becky doing.
Speaker 2: From uh, you know my high school graduation? What's you doing right now? That's why I like it. I'm like an old high school snoop. Yeah, ooh, Bethy says. My guilty pleasure is watching scalp cleaning videos.
Speaker 3: I love them so much.
Speaker 2: I you know what, I kind of get it because Doctor Pimple Popper is a show, and I do love it. I love it when those pimples get pops.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, that's all. Yeah, there's a lot of those. Cleaning is the same thing, though, because you can get a lot of.
Speaker 1: Well, there's these spas in the city. There are scalp hair therapy spas. Okay, Claire Anne says, my guilty pleasure is buying fake handbags and showing them off like they are real. I can't afford the real thing, and no one knows the difference in my hometown.
Speaker 3: I'll show up to my.
Speaker 1: Kids school pickup for I'll show up to my kids school for pickup with a new Louis and see how the moms stare.
Speaker 3: Listen, that Walmart burkin was flying off the shelves. I didn't know about that. Oh, you don't know about the working. No, it's the Walmart Burkin. They put a stop to it, but it looked just real, the same.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't even know how they got away with it, But God bless them because that those things, I mean, a burkin is. I don't own a burkin because they are that's a lot of money. And but I would have earned a I would have gotten a Walmart burkin. Sure?
Speaker 3: Why not? Yeah? In the right color, better bang for your buck. Yeah, okay, you want to pick one more.
Speaker 2: Alexandra, this is a safe space. I love to smell my husband's underwear when he is out on work trips. Clean underwear that smells like his drawer. It brings me comfort. That's actually really cute. Wait, it's clean.
Speaker 1: Because it smells like his drawer, or it smells like something else. I don't think she likes it because it smells like his drawer.
Speaker 2: It's not because you could just go smell maybe the drawer. The drawers us his scent, yeah, in it. But she didn't pick a socks.
Speaker 3: No, she's it's about the junk, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, but it's about the.
Speaker 3: The whole undercarriage, in the wafting scent after.
Speaker 2: A after Oh man, I think that this is a beautiful place to.
Speaker 3: Alexandra. I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: I feel like if you, if that smell feels good to you, have about it right in there in the snak.
Speaker 3: Is gonna have to leave this recording and go straight to the drawer.
Speaker 2: I'm going to the drawer, buddy audio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see if you can read you some audio play back, maybe just play it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my god, there's some intimate moments. I love it.
Speaker 2: This is why we love these short and sweets, because we need to laugh and we need to that.
Speaker 3: The crew always come through.
Speaker 1: Yes they do. I thank you for that. Thank you for bringing us your clean underwear.
Speaker 3: Although the peanut butter banana mayonnaise sandwich I could have done without that.
Speaker 2: That's the one that, yeah, was debatable. It was a problem, all right, everyone.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us for another episode of Short and Sweet.
Speaker 2: Let's call it the end of the episode.