Speaker 1: From Hollywood. See you, thank you for listening to US Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Good morning, and you know it's a it's kind of not a good morning for a lot of people in southern California who are been evacuated deal with the fires. So we were warned about these winds, but man, they really just they they came as expected, and it was just crazy how fast these fires were growing. Yesterday morning after we got off the air, and then into the afternoon and the evening. Could smell the smoke, You could see the smoke. You could see it covering the sun setting. You could see the flames from the four h five.
Speaker 1: It would double in size within an hour. Like it was just so devastating to see how fast it was growing.
Speaker 2: So the Palisades fire reported about ten thirty yesterday and as you saw, just really began to spread just incredibly fast. Everybody there in the Palisades area was just told to get out. People were leaving their cars. I was watching the news last night. They just just left their cars there and then bring in a bulldozer to push the cars out of the way so firefighters could get in with their vehicles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked like just toy cars that this bulldozer was just like moving.
Speaker 2: Aside, also lots of videos of palm trees on fire. Reports at Palisades High School had some fire damage as well, so many homes destroyed, but people were I mean, for the most part, people were listening to what everyone was saying, which was get out, grab your dog, grab your pets, get your prescriptions, and get away.
Speaker 3: I had a friend that was helping people evacuate their animals. She was like really focused on helping people get their animals out safely through social media. It was actually really cool. She was asking for trailers and people were helping her and everybody was kind of coming together.
Speaker 2: Well, the winds were strong and picking up overnight, so it sistantly, why don't you run down as we wake up this morning, what has happened overnight and where it stands now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we've got three major fires burning right now in so Cal. The biggest is, of course, the Palisades Fire, with over ten thousand homes evacuated, including all of the Palisades, parts of Malibu and extending into parts of Santa Monica and Calabasas. All schools in the Santa Monica Malibu School District, of course, are closed today now. The Eaton fire was first reported about six thirty last night in the Eaton Canyon area near Altadena. All schools in the Pasadena Unified School District are closed today and the Hearst fire is currently burning in the Silmar area and is threatening homes in San Fernando and New Hall. Over forty thousand people have been evacuated.
Speaker 2: It's a scary situation, and it's something that is not completely unusual for people, people that live on the West Side, in those neighborhoods and in the hills and here in southern California. Jojo last night talking about the fire in Santa Clarita as well. Horoscopes. Is it like when you meet somebody, do you really pay attention to their sign?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And can it be a deal breaker if your signs don't get along? Capricorns go? What do I go with? No one?
Speaker 3: No, you do? I would have to I would not want to speak out of turn. And I don't know the exact answer.
Speaker 1: To that, but I don't think that my sign is supposed to get along with Michael sin And yeah, fine, true.
Speaker 2: I always wonder could you Capricorn. I'm a Capricorn. Could two of us exist together? Fine? Yes, really mm hmm. We would drive each other crazy with our planning and organizing.
Speaker 3: And it says the most compatible for Capricorn are Aries, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, and Leo.
Speaker 1: This is about you and I work so well together.
Speaker 2: Ryan, Oh it is? What are you?
Speaker 1: I'm and Aries great?
Speaker 3: So yeah, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer are Leo for you? You Ryan?
Speaker 2: All right? So there are some options out there, A lot.
Speaker 3: Of options, yeah, calf of them. Aries. An undertaking begun a week ago, hits a snag today, but you'll push through.
Speaker 1: Taurus. You need support from friends today, Lean on them.
Speaker 3: Gemini. Is this partnership worth pursuing?
Speaker 1: Cancer? You have a sorry excuse me, judge, Why you guys don't it.
Speaker 3: You have so many other things on your plate.
Speaker 1: Cancer. You're feeling defeated, But don't throw in the towel just yet. Leo, you are your own worst critic. Get out the way, Virgo. Today's setback is temporary.
Speaker 3: Libra. Success is just on the other side of this hill.
Speaker 1: Scorpio. Invest your time where it really matters.
Speaker 3: Sagittarius, Your attention is required at work today.
Speaker 1: Capricorn, you will be pressure to defend your convictions.
Speaker 2: A query great.
Speaker 3: Aquarius holding the moral high ground won't earn you points and ice.
Speaker 1: He's pushed through imposter syndrome. You've got this.
Speaker 4: You're not supposed.
Speaker 2: To this this year. It's out apparently out, so imposter syndrome. I will admit to having that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a lot of people gets a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: I had a real big case when I started here because when they asked me to if I could do a morning show, you know what do I think I could? I said absolutely absolutely, And I was scared to death. I said absolutely, So I impostered that make it? I'm still I think I am it. Right now, let's focus on Ruby here in the back room for a second, as Tanya set her date for her wedding. Jobs, have you set your date for your wedding?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Nothing, yet, you don't sound so motivated interest.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things to consider.
Speaker 2: David and Ruby are also on this list here.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's in Aries, by the way, and I'm a Apricorn, so it's our work.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we know that. But have you set your date for your wedding?
Speaker 3: We do we are.
Speaker 5: We're going to do a very intimate civil ceremony with our immediate family.
Speaker 2: On that's what you said.
Speaker 1: It's very direct.
Speaker 5: So this is February fourteenth, which happens to.
Speaker 1: Be Valentine Day?
Speaker 2: Did you plan that? We know.
Speaker 5: It's so funny because we were trying to figure out a date that worked best. We didn't want to do We wanted to do it last year, but then you know, holidays came, Everything just happened so quickly, and then this is my birthday month, so we didn't want to do it this month. His sister's birthdays this month, my sister, So then we settled on February. Just because his grandma's are getting older, they wanted to do something where they could be involved just once ninety one's like in their eighties.
Speaker 2: So so that will be your anniversary every Valentine's.
Speaker 5: No, so we will have like the big wedding at the closer to the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, so meaning over the holidays no, probably fall, so mean yes, but that is like the end of the year. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: It feels like that.
Speaker 1: Q four Q four Q four.
Speaker 2: Four. So we got the official is Q one and then Q four is the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, I'm but you're going to be married. So why isn't Valentine's Day your wedding anniversary date?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, how do people do it?
Speaker 5: I have friends who got married in February, like legally, and then had their wedding in September.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm too a matter of fact of a person, I would be like, the date that we signed the contract is the date? Really? Yeah? But we also did it all on the same date. We signed the contract, the day we got married, and the whole hoopla. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I like, I don't want to celebrate on Valentine's Day, though, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: So you want to celebrate Q four Q four regular?
Speaker 4: Yeah, feel feels a little bit.
Speaker 3: You get your marriage license already?
Speaker 4: No, not yet, we're doing it all same day license to get me?
Speaker 2: Yes, isn't for real? But like you literally have to have a license. You could just get married.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, Ryan, you have to fill out half of Tanya's I did when I have to fill half of her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have to sign something. We got you.
Speaker 1: I had to like fill it all out, and I was like tipsy of.
Speaker 7: Like questions like in real life.
Speaker 2: No, it's just this will build the distance.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, not that type of stuff. But like there are like names exactly like it needs to be.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, no, it's like a fool. We've picked up our marriage license and that was like so like I cried, it's crazy like that.
Speaker 1: God, are you gonna make it through for the license?
Speaker 3: You don't really have to pass a test like it's they're not like the DMV.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I've never been married, y'all, which I can safely say I also never been divorced.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a plan.
Speaker 1: Neither have I.
Speaker 2: How do you get a song out of your head if you don't want it there? Now, some you do, like a Gore Hill's Doja that's in my head all the time, love it, But this one I don't want it in my head. Yeah, now that I've played it might be in your head. Mommy shut, mommy shout. Kind of makes me feel ill this song.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, the amount of times we've had to play this song on a car ride.
Speaker 2: I know my stomach turns.
Speaker 1: We're finally out of that era, right, Yeah, she wants appute careful yeah, she does. She wants apt Yeah.
Speaker 2: So let's just take that song as an example. Some people say chew gum to get songs out of here. Really, some say listen to something else, But the real solution is something that's gone viral. It's called earworm eraser. Let me give it to you.
Speaker 4: No, Wow, the Netflix sound gone.
Speaker 2: Everything's gone, right, baby Shark's gone.
Speaker 3: People are just tunting it. They're probably very confused.
Speaker 2: You know, that's actually called it's a it's it's a song called earworm Eraser. It's gone viral, but it switches tempos like every few seconds. As you heard there. Uh, styles and music signatures, and that's what does.
Speaker 3: It actually worked?
Speaker 2: Right? I like the I like the horns, though I want to go back to Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like guys like salsa music.
Speaker 2: It's like today's quote. Some people will judge you for changing, others will celebrate you for growing. Choose your circle careful.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 2: Just FM headlines.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it was a long, rough night for firefighters here in SOCl battling three major fires. The biggest is the Palisades fire, last reported at three thousand acres with over ten thousand homes evacuated, including all of the Palisades, parts of Malibu and extended into parts of Santa Monica and Calabasas as well. Now in the Altadena area, the Eton fire was reported at six point thirty last night and is over one thousand acres. The Hurst Fire is currently burning in the Silmar area and is threatening homes in San Fernando and New Hall. Over forty thousand people have been evacuated there, and we have reports of a new fire in the Sepulvaa basin near Woodley and Victory. Here are the school closures for today at this moment. Alhambra, Arcadia, Azuza, Baldwin Park School District, Bonita, Duarte, Elmonte, Glendale, La Canada, Las Virgenes, Monrovia, Mountain View, Pasadena, Rosemead, San Santa Monica, Malibu, South Pasadena, Temple City and Violindo. And when it comes to colleges, closed today Santa Monica College, a ZUSA Pacific, Glendale Community College, Pasadena City College and cal Tech.
Speaker 2: On air with Ryan Seacrest, waking up this morning to see that crazy fire damage that was done overnight started yesterday. As you know, Bendy is with us now, So Bendy, you were one of the many thousands of people that were evacuated on the west side from Pacific Palisades. Is that right?
Speaker 1: That's correct?
Speaker 2: All right? So what did you do? What did you take with you? Where did you go? And how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm okay now, thank you for asking. And that is a really interesting question because I'm unpacking the things that I brought with me, and it's quite funny about the things that you end up packing with you. So I ended up packing about five nights worth of clothes, but then some valuables and things that would be hard to replace, like passports and birth certificates and you know, hacked over night bags. But forgot some key things that we'll just have to run out to CBS and probably buy.
Speaker 2: Now, what were those key things you forgot?
Speaker 6: Oh, like my husband's toilet, tree bag, and daughter's stuff, favorite stuffed animals, and funny enough, I remembered the dog's food. But some other key things that I forgot.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I mean you mentioned and I heard people talking on the news about getting their birth certificates. I don't even know if I know where mine is.
Speaker 3: All these documents are scattered all over.
Speaker 2: Are you mom still has it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would be the same, except my husband had gone through one of this in Malibu before, and we had bought one of those fire safe containers, and that's right rhythm in now just safe.
Speaker 2: You know, there are people and I was watching ABC seven all evening last night and afternoon. There are people who have been through this twice and three times evacuated from their homelesself three times evacuated from their homes, and some of the people didn't want to evacuate because they've been through this before and they were just talking about how difficult it is to deal with insurance and they didn't want to give up all the things they've given up in fire water fire too.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it was definitely a mix, yeah, with neighbors who were torn about staying versus going. So there definitely is a thing with the people that will stay till the bitter end and want to make sure their house is safe and water the outsides. But when it was time to go and it seemed like the roads were clear, then I just took that opportunity to go.
Speaker 2: How old is your daughter. She's thirteen, Oh, so she's old enough to understand what's happening.
Speaker 6: Frighteningly. So the last time this happened, she was not old enough, and now there's a little bit more fear there.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, at least you guys are safe, and majority of people are safe, but you just it's the unknown too. You don't know what's happened to your home, and you won't for a while, right yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the wind even though the wind was you know, among the neighbors and the community is great, by the way. That's this is a good learning to make sure you reach out and get to know your neighbors, because this is when it really helps to really talk and bounce ideas off. And you know, the wind was going in the other direction, and you know, it was one of those situations where you don't know and it was just better to be safe and evacuate.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. You're in the middle of a lot of different things right now. Thank you for reaching out, thank you for calling into us. We appreciate you, and I'm glad you and your family are okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you so much. I take you and thank you to our firefighters. They're amazing. Please support them.
Speaker 2: Incredible. I mean all of the if you look at you look at the they were attacking it by air, they're attacking it by ground, and it's just yeah, it's just so big and wild and out of control.
Speaker 3: I saw a video yesterday. My friend Emma was in Santa Monica and she posted these planes were taking water from the ocean and yeah.
Speaker 2: Dumping them out. They scoop them up, the super scoopers. We uh woke Jojo up early this morning to come on and participate in this game. Play the open for this game here here it is. It's nothing better than that, right, Jojo on the radio off early this morning. Good to see if buddy, if you knew you guys doing oh good good, well you can tell how we're doing not great if you just heard that. So this game went viral and I found it very enlightening because I am surrounded by strong, powerful women on this show. It's only really me and Mark and Tubbs, but you know, the back room's got all women and on the air Tany and Siciny. So I learned something every day. But these questions, we call them questions only women can answer. I figured, Jojo, we could try to do this together. Let's get I've seen I've seen a couple of posts you guys have done on this and they are impossible. It's just I don't know how. But the good news is if we don't know the answer, we admit to that. But we'll learn the answer and you'll impress your wife. Fair point, fair point. Okay, right, so how's this going to work? Listening?
Speaker 1: I will ask you the question and then we'll go back and forth between Tanya and and you. Let me know if you know.
Speaker 2: How many are there?
Speaker 1: Well? Two or three?
Speaker 2: All right, let's we just jumped in and answer whenever run. It's how we kind of a tag team, you know, a game show.
Speaker 1: What is a flyaway?
Speaker 2: I think it all. I think that is that when the hair is kind of flying a little off, like you're like, oh you gotta fly away, calm the hair down. Yes, I think that I'm going with that as our final answer.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say that is correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, flyaway? Nice Joe, Joe, Sie get that question. It's also the bus from Van Eyes to Lax.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking if you guys are gonna think that.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's another one. Let's go questions only women can answer.
Speaker 3: Okay, what is a wand.
Speaker 2: See this is a stumper? You know that is that's the sorry, that's the hair snapping, the finger snapping sound of you and.
Speaker 1: Your painted finger nails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife and daughter they were good. They were getting a manicure and I said, I'll go with you guys, and I got black nails because they stand down, all right? So what's a wand wand? Is the hair like a hair flat hair thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think is gonna acceptable.
Speaker 2: Is it just a cord? Do you plug it in? What does it? Is it a flat iron? Is it adjacent flat iron?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Does it curl?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Don't be yes? And that let him like we're working?
Speaker 2: So is it a curl of Jojo should go with? It's a curler. It's a curler. It's some sort of plug in hair.
Speaker 1: What is it called a wand as?
Speaker 2: It's long and thin and you can wave it and magic appears to your hair all of a sudden your hair magically gets nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I give it to them. It's not me.
Speaker 1: It does curl your hair, does not straighten your hair.
Speaker 2: So what is it?
Speaker 3: It's like basically like a curling arm, but doesn't have the clamp on top. It's just like the straight.
Speaker 1: Picture like a Harry Potter wand that wrap you can burn, you do.
Speaker 2: Let's do one more questions only women can answer, Jojo.
Speaker 1: What is a kitten heel?
Speaker 2: Oh god?
Speaker 1: What what is a kitten heel?
Speaker 2: All right, kitten you put in your in your shoes to make you a little taller. If I would know this, Jojo, Yeah, no, when I go with that, Ryan, what's your guests? What you want? I don't think it has to do with feet like I think it's called a kidney heel, but it doesn't go in your shoe or around your feet? Am I warm?
Speaker 1: Cold?
Speaker 2: Oh? Is it a heel? Some sort of a scarf? Is it a shoe for your cat? I've never heard of a kitten heel, never heard of a high heel? Right, is this a medium heel?
Speaker 1: Well, a medium hill would be a medium heal, and a kitten heel is like a tiny kitten heel. It's like almost like a stumpy like not stumpy, it's still like a heel shape, but it's got to be like an inch or half an inch tall. Just gives you a little bit of a lift.
Speaker 2: Because we can go back in real life and use this like, Honey, I like your kitten heels.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've never never ks are really in right now, just so I.
Speaker 2: Can use that sis when I how do how does the kitten hill look? Once again, because I don't want to say kittenhill. If it's not like, hey, Dana, nice, nice kitten hill.
Speaker 1: It would be like a regular shoe that has a heel, but the heel is like maybe yeah, if that kitten.
Speaker 2: Heels or she has eyes, she I think she does. I'm pretty sure maybe we call buy her some I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have any kitten heels.
Speaker 2: See, this is why I like this game, walk away learning something. Joe, sorry to have woken you up early.
Speaker 1: I would say an inch an inch of a heel, Yeah, go.
Speaker 2: With as right. Anytime you can get up early to learn about a kitten hill, that's a win. Right, We got you all right, We'll hear you lad today on Kiss FM. Joje on the radio. Thanks Buddy, talk to you soon. See, it's so much fun for guys to play that game because we do walk away with knowledge. I'm putting these in my notes section, all these things nice, and I was gonna throw them out randomly in the same sentence.
Speaker 1: Well, it's good because, like, let's say you're with somebody and they're like, oh, I don't want to wear heels tonight because they're uncomfortable. We'll kitten heels those.
Speaker 2: And how much times it take you to wand your hair. I'll be pacing. I got match game contestants on the line. Let's meet Lucy in La Lucy, good morning, how are you getting super good? Thank you? So match game is what we're gonna play here in a second, But tell me about yourself, Lucy.
Speaker 8: I am currently at work and super excited to doing this.
Speaker 4: Mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a new mom.
Speaker 9: I just got back to work a few months ago, so super excited.
Speaker 8: And we my husband and I will to see you guys.
Speaker 9: Really just setting. So I'm super excited to be here.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you so much for listening to us while you're working, and congratulations. Game on one second, let's be contested number two here, Erica. Good morning, you're contested number two. Tell me about yourself.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Hi, my name is Eric Kamas, single mom the three kids. I work hard to give my kids the best life that they could possibly have, and so I'm excited to be on the phone with you.
Speaker 2: Well great, we're excited to meet you. We're gonna play match game here, very very easy to play. Okay, yeah, we will explain the game here.
Speaker 1: Well, you basically have to match with the panel of myself, Tubs, Tanya, and Ruby, and if you gave you get more matches, you'll have more points, okay. And if you get none, then we're gonna hope that Erica gets nuns and then you guys can tie.
Speaker 2: So, Lucy, yours is bed blank? Bed blank? All right? So think of the word don't say it yet, bed blank, and try and picture the most common word the panel might use in the blank here. All right, here we go bed to blank. What did you say, Lucy, bedroom? Bedroom? She said bedroom? All right, see if the panel matches sany bedroom?
Speaker 1: I said ken like bed ken?
Speaker 2: Yeah we know, okay, Tanya bedroom.
Speaker 3: I said bed bug, me too, that's what I.
Speaker 7: Said my own all right, Ruby bedroom, I said bed rot.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tubs for the match, did you say bedroom? I said bedtime? Okay, No match is there, Lucy, hold tight yours? Erica just got to get one to win. Yours is blank? Limit? Think about that blank limit? What kind of limit? Blank limit?
Speaker 10: Speed?
Speaker 9: Speed limit?
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? So sistany speed limit?
Speaker 1: I said speed?
Speaker 2: Got one? That's there. All right, mom of three, Congratulations you did win. But let's go around Tanya.
Speaker 3: Yes, I said no limit, okay.
Speaker 5: And Ruby I said speed limit, time limit.
Speaker 2: So Erica, you have won the tickets, and Lucy, to celebrate you being a new mom, I'm gonna give you some tickets as well.
Speaker 7: So everybody wins really fast.
Speaker 9: I'm a huge fan. I was at iHeartRadio Music Fascible in Vegas. You were a jingle b We are huge fans and we listen to you every day religiously.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Right, keep it up and enjoy the show.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, Thank you guys, Love you Eleen.
Speaker 2: Thanks for holding on for a second. How are you You were evacuated.
Speaker 10: Yes, it's crazy. It's just it's so much bigger, so much bigger, And then I imagined.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you could see the flames and can see the flames and the smoke just seems like you see forever away. Uh. And so where's your home? What do you know? And where's your home? Tell me a little bit about it.
Speaker 10: So we rent a house on Sunset and Alan Firds, like on the border of the Brentwin and the Palisades. So it came kind of far and then when we left, I just was blown away. It's like all through Mandeville and I mean close to Kent and Bundy. It's just it's way bigger than we So we left.
Speaker 2: And when did you get out?
Speaker 10: We got stuck on sunset for about an hour. We left, probably around I don't even know six thirty.
Speaker 2: And what did you take with you? Where did you go?
Speaker 10: So we checked in still Loox Hotel. I literally took nothing.
Speaker 2: I just left. I don't know why.
Speaker 10: I just I don't know. I just left one of my kids. I have a twelve year old and he was nervous. So I just have nothing of value. So we just left.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, the most important thing is that you guys are together and you're okay.
Speaker 10: Totally totally, and this place is packed. I mean the hotel is really really crowded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of the hotels in that area and on the west Side and in Westwood as you work your way you know, further east or inundated with with evacuates because there were thousands of people that had to Yeah, thirty it's crazy the numbers and a.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I just that's just so bad. I mean, Palisse High School's gone. My kid goes there. It's just it's so devastating.
Speaker 2: And you look at the firefight and every single one that can be there has been fighting these There's just nothing you can do to fight these wins.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's hard to really wrap your head around what's going on.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Well, Eileen, stay safe. Thank you for checking in. Big hugs to you and your family.
Speaker 10: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All Right, when I was in Times Square for the New Year's Eve show, they have a bunch of like street performers. Now, some of the street performers have these big cameras that do three sixty motions, and they were playing apt for passers by that wanted to pay to get there. I guess a video done of them on the streets of New York with a big three sixty camp. But they were blasting that song everywhere in Times Square. All right, if you have not heard of something called brushing, you might want to listen to this.
Speaker 3: You never heard of it?
Speaker 1: You know, my phone is gonna shake you.
Speaker 2: It's funny. We were just talking about scams. My phone just rang with a number I didn't recognize, and it said Healthcare and I didn't pick it up because I thought it was a scam.
Speaker 1: That might not be a scam.
Speaker 2: Act I know, because usually it says.
Speaker 1: Scam alert, or it says might be telemarketer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was not a scam, but I don't know. But I'm afraid to pick up my phone if it's a number you don't know, because it could be a scam or a text that like asked you to click in.
Speaker 1: If it is going to be your healthcare, they'll leave a message and then you call back.
Speaker 2: I don't have my voicemail set up.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have a bounce back in your team.
Speaker 1: You can take a horse to water. But I mean, this is only so much.
Speaker 6: We can do.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, I'm not the only one. Anybody in the backroom not set up their voicemail.
Speaker 1: No, but I called my dad last night and he has too many voicemails in his thing that I can't leave one anything. Yeah, it's just like it goes straight like this voicemail is fool I.
Speaker 3: Was like, that's a good trick.
Speaker 2: Well, this may be the scam of scams. It's called brushing, Sisney. What do we need to understand about?
Speaker 1: So if you're like most of us, you love online shopping. I feel like there's a package on my doorstep every single day. It's very normal to just online shop these days. But when you're getting these packages, do you always check to see, like who sent it? Because we're getting so many. Yeah, and especially last month in December when we were like buying gifts and things like that, you just kind of like, oh, it's addressed to me, Great, I'm gonna open it. And now cyber criminals are getting so I don't even know what the word is ever sure, and they're doing QR code. So you open up this package and it's nothing but like a QR code, and you're like what, And so you scan the QR code, thinking this might tell me who this is from or who knows and then that's when they steal all the goods. Yes, and so they can. It's two ways, like it can either get it right then and there, or it takes you to this website that maybe looks legit and then you put in your information there and you fall for it. And so, long story short, it's just another scam that's going around and law enforcement agent teams across the country. It's not even just happening here in LA. It's like every state scary, so the bummer.
Speaker 2: I mean, people are always gonna find ways, right, I guess you know, you really got to be sure before you open up something in your phone or on your phone. You really got to be sure that you know who's asking for it and where it's going. I mean that's the case with I get bank questions all the time from banks. I never heard of you get packages.
Speaker 1: Like you said, Yeah, the QR code is interesting because you wouldn't think anything of it.
Speaker 2: And remember what about when I'm at a restaurant, I QR code and they suck out, Like what if somebody happens to just swap out the menu.
Speaker 1: At a restaurant, Well they could and they not swap about the menu, but they can just stick their scam QR code on top of it.
Speaker 2: And yes, like I'm telling you, I was afraid to walk outside, I'm still afraid.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: You're afraid to have Siri turned on on your phone?
Speaker 3: I am too. I'm with Ryan on that one.
Speaker 2: I think you guys, I am. I'm telling you. I don't think the executives at Apple have Siri on their phone.
Speaker 1: So well that's interesting actually you ask if.
Speaker 2: You can find one. Like, we'll just stop what we were about to do and take a call from Rachel. Rachel, how are you? It's Ryan's Hisstey and Tanya. Good morning, Hi, good morning, So good to talk to you. It's good to talk to you. How can we help?
Speaker 8: Okay, So a group of friends and I are traveling abroad this summer, which is very exciting, and it's a trip that's finally made out of the group chat. And so there's six of us going and we've already started planning. And one of my friends is now asking us to change the dates because she was invited to a wedding and the wedding is a former neighbor who she's seen in years, and so we're all very confused on why she's held that.
Speaker 2: On how many people going on this trip?
Speaker 3: Six?
Speaker 2: There's six of us going, total of six, Well, so there'll be five of you. I mean she hasn't made a job to the wedding or she gets to go on. Yeah, I mean that you guys made a decision, you're looking forward to you started planning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's the summer. You still have so many months it has it any been booked.
Speaker 1: No, has vacation been requested.
Speaker 8: Yes, we've all taken our time off from I think this.
Speaker 2: Is a slippery slope. Once you start like altering, anybody can chime in and you have to keep keep moving the goalpost. I say it's locked, and she has a choice. I mean, look, tell her half a marriages end in divorce, and so she might get married again too, so there could be a second wedding. There may not be another girl's trip like this to London.
Speaker 1: No, I tell you right now, there's not going to be another girl's trip like that to London.
Speaker 2: Married again Rachel, mm hmmm.
Speaker 8: So well on the drip without her?
Speaker 1: I mean like that'd be like, hey, we've already all requested our time off and you got the cards for me.
Speaker 2: To do this. You understand it's that a big deal. She's not gonna change the whole vibe, and one person I could change the vibe. The five is the vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, five would be a nice vibe actually, but six is like an even split.
Speaker 2: Easy to get a table for five and six way.
Speaker 1: Easier for five.
Speaker 3: But like to sit on a sea do with a partner.
Speaker 2: On a seed in the UK, Yeah sounds funnyre gonna go down the river. There can give you the map here a sea Bob and se Bob. All right, Rachel, thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: By oh well, I mean it's true, just make a choice.
Speaker 1: When you said moving the goalpost, I was like, yeah, because everybody can continue to move things around.
Speaker 2: I mean, this happens to me a lot. We make plans, friends of mine make plans, and I have a conflict that comes up that's work related, and I don't ask them to move everything. I can't. We have been talking to different people throughout the morning who were evacuated, and you know, everybody that has called in is obviously safe, and I will say considerably good spirits considering what's happening in their neighborhoods and to the high school out there. Tanya just sent video and we'll have to bleep some of this out, but Tanya has sent me some video, and we've been getting videos from people who were showing us how they drove out yesterday afternoon last evening when they were being evacuated. But just listen to this is someone I think Tonny the you know, the music is on in the background, but listen to some of the reactions as they're driving by fires. It looks like you can't see what's in front of you, and the fires are on both sides of this road. My school's on fire. It's just video of them driving essentially through the fire getting out of their neighborhood.
Speaker 1: It looks like kind of a movie. I couldn't believe some of the image.
Speaker 2: And so talk about your friend who's a firefighter and what you know about what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we were having dinner last night and Michael got a text from another guy that's in there band, and you know, there's two or three firefighters and paramedics that are in Michael's band, and he said, leave. I just got called. He is gonna he's been working the fire this whole evening and he's got a long night ahead of him. And so, and they're seeing the winds obviously weren't going to subside till probably later today or even into tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Imagine that no pun intended uphill battle of showing up And where do you even start, Where do you even go to contain that crazy?
Speaker 1: Because he doesn't even have he won't he won't have access to a cell phone or he doesn't have a cell phone obviously during the time they use like their walkie talkies and whatever equipment they use as firefighters. So like his wife is my best friend, and when you know she can't communicate with him sometimes and you have to waste. That is the craziest part is these firefighters and they're families that are also going through it, and.
Speaker 2: They don't know what's happening. But they're trained. I mean, this is what happens in something California. They're trained to know how to do it when they can do certain things and when they can't do certain things when it comes to the wind shifts and containment. So I hope he's he's going to be okay.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I was a little sad midweek this week, this morning yesterday that the holidays are all over.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really feel a void that they're all over. You know, the commercials on TV are not Christmas EA or HOLIDAYE anymore. But I did find something. The Santa Monica's skating rink is still open. Yeah, okay, And so I don't know if you guys want to hang out on skates, but it's open until the twentieth. Thought, maybe get out there. That's so nice because and they still play holiday music.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: Century City packed up Santa's workshop like quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It really kind of bring in new activations.
Speaker 2: It really like emotionally impacts me.
Speaker 3: I'm so with you, you know what.
Speaker 1: It didn't this year for me?
Speaker 2: Why have you become so I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Maybe because it was also mush together. I feel like Thanksgiving ended and then it was like it.
Speaker 2: Was go, go go. I don't know. I get to the twenty fourth and I don't want that night to ever stop. Yeah, because I don't want tomorrow to come by to do but I don't want tomorrow to come because it's over after.
Speaker 1: Its different for you though, because it's your birthday and it's Christmas Eve, so you're like celebrating double excitement.
Speaker 3: No, I I get depressed, put like, I get like really sad putting my stuff away.
Speaker 2: Like I'm with you, oh like to come down. So it begs the question, do we even get amped up about it because the depression is so harsh afterwards?
Speaker 1: Yes we do.
Speaker 2: It's the reason I didn't get a dog for so many years.
Speaker 3: And it was like, how happy you are now with Georgia.
Speaker 2: I just said I'm not so happy right now because the holidays are. George is good, that's fine, but I get sad thing about her age. I didn't want to deal with that part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never know. My dog's almost sixteen.
Speaker 2: Go ice skating, great, Let's just go ice skating. Solve the problems, all right, Let's get to this trening report. So Tony, what is this phrase that's so bad?
Speaker 3: So Jennifer Anison does not abide by one very popular health mantra. And I think because it is the new year, everyone makes it a goal to get in shape, you know, go back to the gym. But Jennifer Anderson is saying, please, don't listen to this specific mantra. And it is no pay no gain. That's the that's the mantra. That's how I used to say it to myself. I used to say it to myself all the time. Whenever I was pushing myself really really hard at the gym. I would always like in my head, say no pay no gain. And she says it's just not true at all. She knows because she's lived it, she's tried it all. And her biggest takeaway is, boy, you didn't have to hurt your body so much. Back then you didn't need to beat yourself up. And I just feel like it really resonated with me because a lot of the stuff that we're fed or that we see, these like health things that work and try this and try that, it's it's mostly for men and for like male bodies.
Speaker 1: It's just a fact.
Speaker 3: And so I would take those on and I would like just crush my body, and I would always say that no pay, no gain, And I feel like it's it's true. I didn't realize how toxic it is until I was reading this article from Jennifer Andison, because it really is, like you don't now. I do more like pilates and things that are not so intense on the body, And I wish I would have known.
Speaker 2: That, Like, can I give you some feedback as someone that's a little older than you tell me all pain all the time? Yeah, I mean all pain hoping for some game. You know, It's like I just I am in pain. Don't they say I'm in pain?
Speaker 1: Don't they say you need to feel soreness to feel like it's when I feel but when I feel sorry, it's not sore, and my.
Speaker 2: Neck are in pain. Right now for a little gain.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: So at some point it's gonna be all pain pain.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have the pain in the game when you're in your twenties.
Speaker 2: It's the way I'm sleeping. I'll tell you about it tomorrow after I sleep tonight. But I'm sleeping now apparently causing pain. So you can say no pain, no gain. But it's gonna be the actually pain, hoping, pain.
Speaker 3: Pain and hope for some games.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for listening today. I got that wind out there, so be careful. Ventura County, La County. They're under red flag warnings. Your potted plants may blow over, your grill might fly away. Just watch out for that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: The grill is not going to fly away.
Speaker 2: I have a very small you us that mini grill I posted long time. I got that little mini grill on it. Try some mini Weber that can actually put in your pocket.
Speaker 1: In the garage.
Speaker 2: I know they work great for a table of two. Uh, but yeah, just be careful. It's table for two. Excuse me, we're out of show. No. Remember today's National bubble bath Day, so give yourself a treat of tomorrow we come back. What are we going to do tomorrow Ryan's roses, and make sure you check out the podcast if you missed anything on the air. Do you know what kitten heels are? If you don't, it's on the podcast I Learned Today kitten Heels on air, Ryan Seacrest. Wherever you get your podcast. Check out the new iHeartRadio app which we upgraded. Back Room.
Speaker 7: Anything to add, Nope, have a good day, have a fabulous light table for two, theoretically, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: Come back tomorrow morning. Accept that thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.