Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Here we are Players Lounge, back at it with you. Welcome to December.
Speaker 3: We hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday. He is Heck Maharrison in the House, Barry Church, former Cowboys in the House, Louis Scruggs. This show is brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. And all right, we're here at the SWC Podcast Studios in Frisco, Texas, the international headquarters of Dallas Cowboys Church getting ready to just the replay of the Bills forty nine Ers game is on.
Speaker 2: You did not pick.
Speaker 3: That's where I picked the dust Man. For those who don't know, if Dust is Josh Allen but Bill quarterback. I thought I went with Josh Allen on this one. Guess what happened. We never picked a game. We didn't pick, no way. I went back to see me after y'all locked me and C we had a convo. Okay, Chris Christ this is what I have. Okay, that's what I got right on that. We had Cowboys Giants. We all picked the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: One that was a schmacker. The second we had is Miami at green Bay. I think I went with soul Brother. Heckma, you had green Bay. I had green Bay the soul brother. You went with coach soul lost. All right, that's the one and one.
Speaker 3: Then we had Pittsburgh at Cincinnati. I took Russ. Heckman, you took Russ. That's right, you took Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I would have gets the bag. I was tripping that day those things before thanks Giving. You your Chargers were at Atlanta. Yeah, we know what happened. We all took the Chargers. We all want you know what happened with that. Arizona at Minnesota. We all took Minnesota. Nobody would call it.
Speaker 3: In the last game, Philly and Baltimore, ye know what that was. I took Philly YouTube man, smart man. You took Baltimore smart bad.
Speaker 2: That was man. That was it. So Hecker, you lost one game. I went against the Bird lost one game. You lost two games. I was tripping. I was undefeated. Damn, I was tripping. I didn't make my game up. Man. You want to get man man cooking the book. It's not that hot, it's not that How you going against Pittsburgh? I was tripping on that one. Yeah, must have been that. Can't stop nobody, they look bad, can't stop nobody a little bit. I can't wait till we get into it. Cincinnati's favored by six points against the Cowboys. Of course they are, of course that would you expect anything then Cowboys? But I don't know Joe Burrow will stop that? What they don't do? What you heard? You heard the man. It's Curtains bro smack small. It's about to get up about matchups?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know how I get Okay, we got all week, We got all week.
Speaker 2: But we got all week.
Speaker 3: Josh, Butler's out, don't I didn't tell you.
Speaker 4: I didn't what d run blank? He got run blank? What we do is how's dig? So we're gonna talk about digs at any point. It's not because you travel the way y'all gonna paint this this week? Travel No, the game is here, right, don't don't paint it. Don't paint it like that. You have to stay here.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Have we gonna paint it. That's what I'm just saying. You.
Speaker 4: You you the architect. You know you're the main one with the brush. Don't even play with me. Yeah, yeah, the main one with the brush. Him, Him and that right there, Him and that little book right he go to cook it on Tuesday. On Wednesday, Hey, Tuesday, Wednesday.
Speaker 2: We start cooking. Well, let's go back what we're saying.
Speaker 3: Wow, Cincinnati favor by six Gish Butler's out. You know they're gonna throw They're gonna go as Brown and the slatch in the backfield.
Speaker 2: I'm just who is that brown? Yeah? You like him? I like him enough. You like him.
Speaker 3: I told you it's gonna be it's gonna be a slober knocker, but not in a good way. I'm just letting y'all know. Now, early prediction. Okay, so points is a lot. That's a that's a lot, a lot. That's you can't get it done.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: You didn't watch I mean, obviously Sunday Kate Moore did, no, no, no, no, we're going I think my boy up there in multiple Okay, wait for later for that, wait for later, not that's what I was talking about.
Speaker 2: But what wait for later?
Speaker 4: Did you get an opportunity to watch the Cincinnati Pittsburgh game.
Speaker 2: I did watch.
Speaker 3: They had it here CBS, so I was, I was, so you are you're seeing the pressure that Joe Burrow is.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's running for his life. That's out there. I mean.
Speaker 4: And the thing is, I think leadership wise, front office wise, if you follow the money, you recognize that the Brown family's not handing out no bang to nobody.
Speaker 2: About everything. And it's weird.
Speaker 4: It's a weird organization with the way that they handle players, especially the talent that they have.
Speaker 2: But Joe Burrow is getting hit a lot again this year.
Speaker 4: And I think that's the one thing when you look at their division and them trying to compete, them giving up that many sacks against got teams like Pittsburgh, against teams like Baltimore. In the Browns, I mean, he's gonna take a lot of punish. He's been taking a ton of punishment. And I think the Cowboys, if there is a sliver of sunshine, oh, if there is a slipper, if there is.
Speaker 2: If there is an opium, I can't believe what's going on. Now there you.
Speaker 3: Go, So you are crcked. You are correcked Man took four sacks. Joe Burrow took four sacks. Still through for three hundred yards, three touchdowns and thirty eight points against the Steelers.
Speaker 2: The Steelers, he's that good. Put put up thirty four against the Ravens, lost by one. He's that good. He's that good. I mean, I just Vegas. They make it. They they're building those great buildings there for a type of resorts. Cincinnati by six because you just named it against.
Speaker 3: Teams with great defenses. We're talking about Baltimore. You just named Pittsburgh out there. They got TJ Why they loaded defensively when you talk all three levels.
Speaker 2: And he's still putting up those type of points.
Speaker 3: But the way he's catching l's is their offenses are able to score on Cincinnati's defense. Now when it comes to Dallas, do we think Dallas can put up thirty one point?
Speaker 2: Is the big question mark? You know what is the big question mark?
Speaker 3: Coopers go to the Okay, correct, they shootout? Can we go back to back to back rushing game?
Speaker 2: Know what? What I'm what's that's?
Speaker 4: That is the two things you just talked about right there is one not get into a shootout and number two. Take the air out of the ball with Rico o'daldle. That's you're gonna have to do that. You're gonna have to back up that staying balanced routine that you've done for the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: That is gonna have to work for you.
Speaker 4: You can't get into a situation with Cincinnati where you're trying to go point for point. No, you're not gonna have any success that way. And I think Cod Zimmer the strategy has to be that you have to be able to stop them on the ground because if they have that balance as you saw against Pittsburgh, because Pittsburgh wasn't stopping them either. I mean as much as their office was scoring and Russ was cooking, he was cooking, he was cooking. Because that secondary for Cincinnati is susceptible.
Speaker 2: Russ did throw six in the game, by the way, he did.
Speaker 4: Third play the game. Where are you gonna apologize the Russ? Where you're gonna say? Where you gonna get some Come on? Now, I know your frat brother, but can you at least say something, brother?
Speaker 3: Four fourteen three touchdowns interception, Hey man.
Speaker 2: Rush wait go baby, that's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Good on you rush and and this is you know, I'll say that this is a genius of Mike Tong, Mike Tomlin, Mike doogle In with everybody.
Speaker 2: This guy, this Mike Tomlin is a Hall of Fame coops. That's why I put out their social media yesterday.
Speaker 3: And so Mike Tomlin and Arthur Smith, they have found a way to do what Sean Payton would not do last year and get something out of Russell Wilson say. They said Russell was washed up. I believe, I mean, you know what, devil's a lie because uh, every time you know the truth I got, I get to proof that. That game today is a proof yea. So and uh there were a lot of people who said they need to stick with justin Fields and Tomlin said, noa, Noah, let's make it over here.
Speaker 4: They already saw it them. You know they will see it. They saw it in practice. They saw practice. And I said, Russ sitting out for those first couple of games, just to give everybody.
Speaker 3: A sample size, let show you. Let me show y'all what could something see if you're like that? And here are the Steelers right now, nine and three in the division, in first place, Baltimore is eight and five. So the Steelers are you know, they're they're controlling this thing and right now looking like the number.
Speaker 2: Two seed, uh three seed.
Speaker 3: Kansas City in the AFC is eleven and one, Buffalo is ten and two. That is Pittsburgh int ninety three. And so Mike Tomlin probably won't win Coach of the Year honors, but my goodness, gracious, the man deserves to be in the mix for it because what they've done this year is pretty phenomenal.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: The Broncos gave them a quarterback. They're paying for their quarterback right now. That is what the Broncos are doing. Although they're having success with their rookie, they basically got rid of him, sent him to Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh for years. You being a Pittsburgh native, one of the people in Pittsburgh said, if we just had a all those years after being the defense was still intact, you still have some offensive weapons out there. All they needed was a quarterback. And all Russ is doing is not messing it up. Even though he threw that pick six. What I mean his ability to protect the ball, not making mistakes. Some of his genius plays was him throwing the damn ball away. Imagine that that's true.
Speaker 3: So am I crazy to say they don't let Russ cook that? They say, here the recipe for all the instructions the way Brian Schottenheimer and Pete Carroll said in.
Speaker 4: Seattle Arthur Smith that their their offensive coordinator is and I gotta apologize.
Speaker 2: About let me care. I'm keeping.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: So he's clear.
Speaker 4: He's clearly got with Russ and said, Russ, look, if you don't put the ball in Harm's way and Russey in the gun slinger anyway, you know he's gonna take the He's gonna take the conservative rounde. He's a high i Q football player, but I'm not. And I know a day and age you don't want to call a guy a glorified bus driver. But he's doing a damn good job job driving the bus and not putting the ball out.
Speaker 2: Just something.
Speaker 3: This is the recipe, don't dd eight, just respect it.
Speaker 2: Let's cook like this. But let's Russ cooking.
Speaker 3: Is one reason why he left Seattle, because he's like, hey, man, I need to be cooking that man.
Speaker 2: He's making play.
Speaker 3: So you get up there to Denver. They letting Russ cook up there in Denver. What happened I was Sean Payton got with him. He's like, nah, man, you're not cooking. He I want to cook. And then they didn't work out. You gotta go, Sean Payton. And by the way, I gotta apologize by bow Knicks. I think bow Knicks would be a Sean Payton found a guy who's going to do what I want to do. Russ wasn't doing it. So Sean Payton was right in terms of getting rid of Russ to find his guy. Okay, that's what he did. And Pittsburgh was right to go get Russ. So everybody's winning. So apologies Sean Payton to buy bow Knicks because I thought he was on there.
Speaker 2: Pologies, Big Russ. Russ's riding. The whole pack of Badgers is riding again. So good. So sometimes it becomes fits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes it's fits at least at least that's why he did not.
Speaker 2: Fit with Sean Payne.
Speaker 6: Won.
Speaker 2: Sean Payne got what he wanted. Mike Toland, trust do this.
Speaker 3: But I do believe they say, man, it's stop, no cook, no no deviate, just do this.
Speaker 2: You do this. We have a formula and it's winning. But you're right. I mean he is making play. He's making.
Speaker 3: Has made plays, but he was trying to make Okay, I'm gonna give you prime one here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: When Jerry talked about he wanted to make the office Romo friendly, and what was Romo's best year, it was when DeMarco Murray was running the ball. They ran the ball more like, hey man, I don't throw it forty because you're not paid. Man, just just do this play within this m when Bill Parcells was it play within this minute?
Speaker 2: Is that what Kellen's doing? Yeah, I ain't gonna disrespect Kellyen like that, y'all.
Speaker 3: Somebody told, how do we not start that captain slanders on the players out?
Speaker 2: How what he's doing?
Speaker 3: Give it the same one, give the same to this was due, So hurts A J.
Speaker 2: Brown a bother got her? They balling you just bigger than me? Sae is the son like hurt. I don't want to don't want to hear A. J. Brown earth.
Speaker 3: W Son got these boys ball Troit's elite because it gives it's too elite runners.
Speaker 4: I mean saying, That's what I'm saying. So you ain't say nothing about Ben Johnson. What you mean Ben Johnson is falling the formula, which is so now it's the formula. Now, whose formula is it?
Speaker 2: You're ahead of the hit a minute?
Speaker 4: Whose formula is? Wait a minute. I just wanted Mary my question. If you if you're the head of the offense, offensive coordinator, you're running everything, whose formula is it?
Speaker 2: It's the O C.
Speaker 4: It's the he's what you're what you're taking. You're taking the tools that you have, and you're world right. But if you have a running back, if you top offense, if you if you have a running back, and and Kellen has downfall has been in the past that he hadn't used his start running situational right, No, no, no, he had Execuel Elliot here and now okay, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: Kell can put all these but situationally one that's in the league right now because of what he's doing.
Speaker 4: Told me, that's making everything else work better for Kellen. It opens up his playbook because of what the running and the playbook. He's gonna agree with that playbooks is right. He's the one calling these players.
Speaker 2: What is Nick Sirianni's offensive.
Speaker 3: All they did when they went to Super Bowl two years ago, they ran the ball now running football team.
Speaker 2: You can't give no credit credit running back. And they went back to that killing Kelly doing that. Wow, man, wow.
Speaker 3: You call the man goes out there and calls the office, can call that office now five, you can.
Speaker 2: Play man, I'm not going there. Kell your trip.
Speaker 3: Try hear none of that, because you know you tripped right out there calling phenomenal plays.
Speaker 2: What's the phenomenal? Go left? Do you jump action? A brown ball?
Speaker 3: Jump so you can run it up the middle, you can run it outside lay action? I mean it's it's on there.
Speaker 2: Mean why he got the giants old up there, Jerry? Or what's gonna do with us? He showed you don't.
Speaker 3: Let's say I got an offensive line, he got a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Do coordinator? What coordinator? Hey?
Speaker 6: Go left?
Speaker 2: Hurst play? Well, we want to run left right?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: Take one? How hard is that? So that was so?
Speaker 3: If it was that easy, why ain't everybody having one? And so it's now sack one now offs all these differences, and I said, you gotta have the person architect. Can I at least can I at least say that he learned his lesson? Can he learned what he went to? L A had a bad experience in l A. He learned his lesson and now he's how running.
Speaker 2: Somebody else's running that thing. So that was how run. Who's up in the bun ain't got a place. Sheot in front of him. But he's called. He's making sure it's good.
Speaker 3: They talked about that with Doug Peterson. When Doug Peterson wasn't trying to do how he wanted, he got got how and why wrong. It's okay you how, It's okay. It's your man's boss. It's okay. He's called the plays. He's putting up points on these teams.
Speaker 2: Why you do what you look like he is?
Speaker 3: I mean your boy d his offense last year in l A and everybody got fired.
Speaker 2: The Philly hey man, you need to do this. Get the battle sat one. We got big FANGI on the d C. Go ahead and get this done.
Speaker 3: It's not just everybody, but the got a Super Bowl quarterback and Jalen Hurts Jay Hurst when he was in the Super Bowl put up their numbers.
Speaker 2: It was a defense that let him down. It was a defensive fault.
Speaker 3: So you ain't said that last year with Hurts. Hey Man year was it was a bad year. Man, it was a bad man.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna I ain't gonna lie to you man.
Speaker 7: Dog fellows Wagon had that Super Bowl hangover dog Man juice last ye, same man throwing it everywhere?
Speaker 2: What are you doing it any somewhere? Dog team?
Speaker 3: And now they tell a man hand that ball off team handed ball, we'll go.
Speaker 2: Let go right which way we're gonna pull it out? Are you going to do to this puss you was doing? He wouldn't let him do do too much like Romo Friendly hurts Philly doing. Yeah, we need to get back to running the thing with super Bowl. Let me gonna take a break.
Speaker 3: Haike Maherrison is in the house.
Speaker 2: In the house, man god, dog, you do it too much? Come in, dog too much.
Speaker 3: Plays spots by Aristocrat game with Dallas Cowboys dot Hey.
Speaker 2: Their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 8: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat. A. Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 5: Prescott keitts it slides with a first.
Speaker 9: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfick throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: The most electrivine event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Relyant is back at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday and Saturday night from November twenty second through December twenty first for the spectacular holiday show with Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, Rhythm in Blue, Rowdy Santa claus Any, surprise tree lighting appearance from your favorite Cowboys heroes. Best of all, The show is free. For details, visit the stardistrict dot com. Don't miss out on the holiday magic.
Speaker 2: Yes sir, yes, sir, yes, sir, plans laune about you by Aristocrat Gaming. That is heck Ma Harrison. This is Barry Cowboys Safety on Newly Scruggs.
Speaker 3: All right, Cowboys win twenty seven twenty on Thanksgiving Day against the Giants.
Speaker 2: Win a cater predictions. I said twenty three ten Dallas.
Speaker 3: Barry, you said thirty one to fourteen Dallas, and Hekma, you had it twenty eight to ten Dallas in the game.
Speaker 2: So all of us winners here.
Speaker 3: Cowboys handled their business against the big Blue Giants, and boy, their season is bad. And now man, we may have a little all this top about Drew Locking in sentives, it said mat that boy trash man.
Speaker 2: He won't worry about his cities. Said, that's why.
Speaker 3: My bad was bent down the third behind my boy Tommy Cutlt's out there because he looked terrible. He looked terrible, held the ball way too long. Just I mean that first drive he was like, oh, we got something cooking right now. But after that made it didn't look like he didn't need he couldn't read defenses out there, and Zim had a had a heck of a game plan for him. So thirty two one hundred and seventy eight yards, no touchdowns, one interception, six.
Speaker 2: Sacks in the game, that man too long.
Speaker 3: QB rating of sixty six point nine drew lock in that that football game. Cooper Rush on the other side, twenty one or thirty six one hundred and ninety five yards, one touchdown in a quarterback rating of eighty two point.
Speaker 2: Five picks taking here at the ball man. So that's what you.
Speaker 3: Got there between both quarterbacks. And a amazing number of people watched the game. It was record setting. You know, I was thirty eight million people watching the game. And it was kind of funny because we all saw early and people say social Medusa, Oh Tommy DeVito versus cover, this is what America wants.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what America watched it. America watched a record setting number one is true. Man, just man. He was there for halftime, Lady Wilson, there for the half time show.
Speaker 3: Now people told him the press for all the people like Jelly Rolling who he who that?
Speaker 2: I just know that tats Big tatted up Big dude, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Who he is either, man. Yeah, I heard the story. I mean I've heard this story. I didn't know if he was. I know he was a rapper, country sing you know. Sometimes you see the tattoos, you get thrown off, kind.
Speaker 2: Of like Balloon's friend or something like that. Like they started in the game that you know, switch up, you know what. They can call that.
Speaker 3: But trying to make money anyway, you can't.
Speaker 2: Say whatever.
Speaker 3: They'll give some of them country dollars. Did Chris was jelly Roll here the Country Music Awards?
Speaker 2: Is he here? Yes?
Speaker 6: He was?
Speaker 3: Well, yes, okay, okay, Chris, what is jelly Roll saying? Let's tell us educated.
Speaker 2: Who he's He's like one of the biggest names right now.
Speaker 10: Actually is about to do a T and T Stadium and I believe may with post Malone.
Speaker 2: So give us a song, Chris, I can't do it on this. We have to we get like well the one he did.
Speaker 10: I mean, you guys are putting me on the spot, and.
Speaker 2: That's fine, that's fine. I like his songs. I just don't delegation due.
Speaker 10: You saved the one that he did was you saved me. I believe that's what the name of the The biggest thing about him was he was locked up for like like nine years and did a lot of music himself, and when he got out he changed his life around.
Speaker 2: So in jail writing music exactly like a real life hustling flow some another shout out the jelly roll man. Hey, hey man, it is what it is. By the way, we talked about this in the topics. Is Philly the best team in the NFC?
Speaker 4: I know one, Do you think that I do not what you're thinking, Well, I mean you you've seen and I'm just comparing them to Detroit right now. Detroit, to me, their offense in Philly's offense is running very efficiently. And I'm just and I'm gonna say on Detroit side, they definitely don't have the weapons that they have on the outside on Philly. And right now they're playing with playing without DeVante with the hamstring injury, but they are still looking very efficient offensively. I think the difference is where I'm saying, this is what defense, what Philly is doing upfront defensively.
Speaker 2: They got smatched. They are coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is this is like your quarterback better have his head on the swivel because Jalen Carter and company. These guys are coming up big. And the linebackers. I mean, you had Nakobe Dean, you had kind of question marks around him. But I think that defense man is playing really good. That defensive coordinator is calling the game's lights out. And that's what I think separates them from Detroit. In my mind, they are the best, I think, the other best team in the NFC. Yeah, what about you knew what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: Detroit, Detroit. So you talk about the d line and they're good.
Speaker 3: This offensive line of handling, this offen line of good, This best offensive line in the game, think handling.
Speaker 2: They can run the ball.
Speaker 3: They get out there in this right now at eleven and one versus ten and two, Philly, you go have this game in four field.
Speaker 2: They will be rocking and ready for this. They will be as.
Speaker 3: Fired up as they once were back in nineteen ninety one the Pontac Silver then when the Cowboys came out there, they will be loaded up for a playoff game. Give me give me Detroit at home with this offensive line to get it done in the close football game.
Speaker 2: That's separator for you. The offensive line is a separated The offensive line in the whole field of bandings that I believe Detroit will.
Speaker 3: Get if they play at home, it will be tough for phillip They do have to go up to Detroit and play that.
Speaker 2: But to me, I'm what you heck. When you look at that defensive line.
Speaker 3: For the Philadelphia Eagles, it's hard to match up against them. You got Jalen Carter, who's on the inside, but you saw him running down Lamar Jackson yesterday's contest. They got the players on the outside that can lock up receivers. You got the young rookie from Toledo shout out to Toledo, Quentin Mitchell, and uh, what's what's the one.
Speaker 2: Guy from Iowa, the nickel white guy. He's balling. Good player, he's balling Cooper, He's balling out there.
Speaker 3: The secondary as a whole was nice defensive leaders.
Speaker 2: You can't match up with him. You can't match up with him.
Speaker 3: And yes, Detroit has a good offensive line, but if they're getting after you know, golf out there, he's turned off a problem. My line can control your line.
Speaker 2: Detroit offensively, though, this is an issue. That's the yes. Is the Bears down what twenty some points?
Speaker 3: March all the way back and if it wasn't for you know, a little mishap at the end, game would have went to the old team.
Speaker 2: You're telling me, dog team can't can't do it, Caleb Williams. Just do it out there we're about to see.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, man, that's that's gonna be a tough match, and that's hard.
Speaker 2: For me to say.
Speaker 4: It's hard for me to say that Philly is the best team in the NFC, and don't.
Speaker 2: I just did because.
Speaker 4: It's the truth, is true, all it is, and your bearing witness to it each and every Sunday. The way that they're gutting out victories. I mean, it may not have been a two hundred yard performance from sa Quan, but still those I mean, he's moving the change, thirty one, thirty thirty five, it don't matter. You can see, you can find him in the passing game. He's doing a bang up job blocking as well. And then it's like for me, it's for Jalen hurts Is. Don't put him in a situation to be more than what he is. Don't don't have it for me if I'm killing more, man, don't make this guy throw the ball thirty eight times. He don't don't put him, don't put him in that situation. And I'm not saying that, you know, I call him prop though, but you know what I'm saying, that is not blue bag.
Speaker 2: He's gonna do.
Speaker 4: But if you make him play within his wheelhouse and he can make those smart throws and oh, by the way, when everybody's concentrating on the running back, don't forget about number one because he's gonna move the change as well. And that's what makes that team that man, they have so many different you know, there are three four five headed monster over there.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be tough.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: So they have lost to the Falcons and the Buccaneers, Leagles and oh, Kirk Cousin, yesterday he got dag mixed picks in the last two or three games up in there.
Speaker 2: You're still in it. You're still in it. So they're now.
Speaker 3: Ain't helping him either, and you you were correct, but but still, man, I mean, yesterday you had a shot and you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Serving them up. He's serving up turnovers, man.
Speaker 4: But but we know, I mean, how many times in his career we see on a random Sunday night Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Is it cousin Special Cousins barbecue. He's serving up, he's serving up. Look what I got. He's serving up for folks.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: He's struggling. He's ruggling. It's not good. It's not good. All right, stake a break when we get back. Former cowboys histed got the acts. Oh now the Toledo represented. But dang brother Rocket up Rocket Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Is here, very church from a Cowboys safe scrutch. This is the players last brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Doctor Hey, Danny McCrae, here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 6: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new Coca Mets smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle.
Speaker 2: With two new flavors.
Speaker 6: It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new Coca Mets smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com. Slash Hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer own Boss.
Speaker 5: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Capture a frame worthy family Holiday Fox with Sanna at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa will be spreading holiday year at the Cowboy themed cottage in the Star District from November twenty second through December twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, head to the Star District dot com slash Santa.
Speaker 2: That is Heck.
Speaker 3: Maharrison, Barry Church, Cowboy Safety Strugs. This is the Players that I was brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Matt Eberflu's former Dallas Cowboys assistant coach was the head coach in Chicago Bears and on Thanksgiving when the whole the whole national audience is watching that eating it for the early eaters.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to watch the game.
Speaker 3: The Bears were down and they come back and then they had a shot at the end, and you know it was just when you hear the prices right music at the is a clock run.
Speaker 2: Out ad thirty two seconds, thirty two and a time out. He went home with that time out. You get home. That was bad.
Speaker 3: So you asked the question, Okay, who you got that coach or the quarterback in that situation? Thirty two seconds left? What was they on like the fifty or the fourth? They was in Detroit territory. I federal if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's gonna to me Cayleb Williams being out there understands what he's dealing with.
Speaker 2: At least take the time out.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just I'm gonna put that on him because he's in the middle of it. But when that when I saw five seconds and that they count all the way down to.
Speaker 2: Zero, I said, they are firing him.
Speaker 4: They are firing That was it. There's there is no worst clock management.
Speaker 2: You think about it.
Speaker 4: In the NFL, in those last few seconds, most of the time, the coach does not have a timeout. You're you're saying, all right, get the ball to the sideline or at least clock it just as far as something, give yourself a chance, But you don't have a timeout to go home with that timeout with thirty two seconds, that is that's on. That's that's that's bad, and that means no practice. It's gonna get you yanked it.
Speaker 2: The forty one forty one is where Detroit.
Speaker 3: Yeah they got the ball to the third and twenty six forty one, So yeah, they had a second and ten with forty forty three seconds ago, second and ten in the Detroit twenty five. Then it was second and twenty the Detroit thirty five with thirty six seconds ago, and then with six seconds it was third and twenty six and forty one. Now, this is just my opinion on that. I thought it was on the coach. He's still a rookie quarterback.
Speaker 2: Call the time out.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's make sure we understand. Like I'm gonna help make sure you understand what it is we're going to do.
Speaker 2: I don't want to trust a rookie. I'm you to coach, you the coach. Heck me, you're right.
Speaker 3: Hey, your a quarterback, you've done this before. You're you're you're the first overall pick. But I don't want to trust anybody because par sales have great lices. I never trust the players every time. So I'm gonna call the time out. Caleb, everybody, man, just what we're gonna do. This what we're gonna do? Okay, no more time outs out there? We would this will go do go, go, go get it done. That's what should happen. Then you add that along with the embarrassing loss to Washington.
Speaker 2: Your man's out here playing swag surface. He was out there, ball snapped.
Speaker 3: He looking at the stands, swagged out.
Speaker 2: Can't look at me.
Speaker 3: And after the Thanksgiving Day loss twenty three to twenty to the lines, Kenyan out said, I thought the players did.
Speaker 2: Enough to win the game too.
Speaker 3: It's those underlying shots that will get you, man, each and every time. When the players, especially one of your top players like Keithan Allen Vettna's league been touring it all. Well, he's throwing shots at you. It's it's almost that's where that's where it starts.
Speaker 4: It starts there because guys have played enough football to understand that you don't you don't make you don't make mistakes like that.
Speaker 2: And when evil flew.
Speaker 4: I mean, you go all the way through a lot of the court, a lot of the head coaches you got and and the Chargers last year when he got dismissed, it was for reasons like this.
Speaker 2: It was for reasons like this.
Speaker 4: I mean, And how many times have these type of coaches gotten their quarterback have saved their job that come in. It's given the organization of enough juice that you will say, well, let's wave one more year to see how this pans out. When you make a mistakes like that, it was you're done.
Speaker 3: The word is malpractice, Yeah, that's done. You heard Jimmy Johnson talk about he heard JJ White. There were enough commentators of people out to say this was coaching malpractice.
Speaker 2: And heck, I go back to what.
Speaker 3: You were saying is my Bear friends grandparents for Chicago, so family, and their whole thing was we could have had Jim Harball, you know, former former Bear player, a guy who was looking to leave me the last two years. Jim Harborugh was trying to get out of Michigan an interview for jobs that people didn't hire. And so basically what you said, the Bears decide, nah, nah, we're gonna go with this Eberflus thing one more time, and they could have had Jim Harball.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, with Caleb Williams coming in, that's the thing that for me that I'm like, wait a minute, if I'm going to have Caleb Williams in here, and I can have Jim Harball, a guy who's proven that he can work with quarterbacks and he's from the fans Jim Harbor to Big ten guys just won a national champion. I mean, the amount of teams who did not go get Jim Harbor is amazing to me. Could have had Jim Harbor, that's that's that's that to me is kind of shocking. But I'll say this, Remember now, you had a bunch of people saying, well, Jim's hard to work with, we don't know kind of some of the similar things we're here about Belicheck.
Speaker 4: Right now, that's never stopped any organizations before. I mean, come on, there's a lot of guys to get the difficult to work with tag and still get jobs because they approven commodity.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't working for him man for two years. I mean, Carolina didn't want it. We're gonna go with Dad Canals.
Speaker 4: I mean look at the look yeah, I mean, look at the leadership and the two the organizations that you're talking about and talking about much winning they've done.
Speaker 3: Atlanta said no, you know, Chicago, now we're gonna run with it. We don't run his back. I mean the Raiders.
Speaker 2: No, we got Antonio Pierce. We're good. Jim. That was that one.
Speaker 3: So so I would just me I would venture to say Hardball, who was a Raider between Chicago and and Vegas, would have taken those two over the Chargers. In my opinion, that's what he would have done. I know, the better quarterback was of the Chargers. But then again, you had you had Caleb Williams coming to Chicago, so you would have had that, and then you've got the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Are the Raiders.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd rather coach the Raiders and the Chargers from the standpoint of there's more of a fan base. And but he had no affiliate with the Chargers. He had an affiliation with the Raiders and the Bears. You think these teams put too much emphasis on you know, offensive gurus, and you gotta be putting up all these points instead of guys that can actually lead men in the building.
Speaker 2: Like that's what I've seen in the past couple of years.
Speaker 3: It's like we got to get the new hotness on offense, but then your player, your players, and your whole team is just undisciplined out the penalties left and right, bad clock management, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: When you should have a head coach that you.
Speaker 3: Know, delegates offense to this guy defense, he should be leading the team, He should be a leader of men.
Speaker 2: You just don't see that too much of those type of coaches anymore.
Speaker 4: That's why names like you know, Mike Rabel and guys like that, their names always come up to the top of the charts when you start talking about guys who are next to hire because of their ability to lead and some of these other other you coordinators that you've mentioned in the past, like their ability to lead men. Will they buy into that you being a formal player, Like will guys buy into a guy that's not a proven commodity? You have these boy geniuses, as they put the title on them offensively that come up get opportunities are from a certain coaching tree that have some success, But then you have others like there hasn't been any infusion of new blood into the coaching community as of late. It's been a lot of old, recycled names and guys coming up. Even looking at Cincinnati's coach, I mean, if it were not for their quarterback changing things for him, he might he might be one of those on the street, be one of those names. And look, you look at ebra Flus, So you look at Chicago in general, man, like they've had so many things that they've done through the draft, not getting the quart, how many times that they had a first round quarterback, not paying out not work for them and have to be set back. And then Kayleb Wibbs walks right into this night mare when when a team quits on you when you like you said that underlying hate, that's your team basically saying we don't believe in this guy, We don't believe, we don't believe in nothing. You about the call for us defensively either, because now this vaunted so good defense is struggling also, So I mean, what Chicago does in the future with with that first round draft with Kayla Williams. It's going to be very telling about what they think about him, you know, as far as building up this team in organization, because everybody's still gonna believe in Caleb until they show, until he shows him otherwise he's struggling right now.
Speaker 2: So I go back into this, we talk about leaders and men.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 3: One guy who I feel so strongly about who got, in my opinion, screwed was Rich When Rich Pisatia took over for John Gruden when they abruptly fired him, and took the took them to the playoffs and performed admirably. The Raiders decided to go hire Josh mcgamons.
Speaker 4: We just call it what it is. We just call it what it is. Why can't we just call it dumb move? A dumb move has a dumb move.
Speaker 3: So you so to me, you went out rehired the same thing you got rid of John Ruden to go out here jumping the fire with another dude less of a resume. And so you went out there and you did that. And meanwhile, here's Rich Passacia doing this thing up in Green Bay, still leading men special teams coach, and heck, I don't know if he got a chance to be around. I mean, he just so so you've been you see what kind of guy, dude. I remember one day, man, this is we were at training camp. Dude, start dropping black history knowledge on us besides you, yes, yes, oh, Rich, yes, start going out here talking to us about Will's reed and just anyway.
Speaker 2: He touched every you've seen it before.
Speaker 3: This is the kind of This is the kind of guy that these owners will not hire because they keep on to do this. And you know, having been around Matt Eberflus and been around Rich Pisachia, the Bears would have been far better off hiring someone like Rich Pisidia, who showed you in the midst of what happened with John Gruen that he could still lead a team. That to me is mind boggling about what they're doing in the National Football League. Go find leaders of men. You got look at some of the best coaches out here of all time who've been special teams. Got who coached special John Harbaugh, Dick Vermeil was the first ever special teams coach in the NFL. Bill Belichick was a special teams coach. These guys who touch everyone, because that's what the special team coaches, they or they truly do know the team. They know the team and they know the They also interact with a lot of the those players that you needed at the bottom of the bottom.
Speaker 2: The bottom of the roster.
Speaker 3: So they're learning how to coach the guys here at the bottom they can as of course the God's top anyway, it's it's it's it's tough man.
Speaker 2: He fun, fun, fun. Monday. To get back in here.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Cowboys and Cowboys and Bengals all through the week. Heck Ma Harrison in the house, Barry Church in the house. I'm going to structs for Chris Bean, Jazz, Josh, everybody here.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys dot Com. Thank you for watching. We'll do it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.