Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to the TCU horn Frogs and winning the national Let's go.
Speaker 1: Boys, Yeah, let's go. Let's pray to God that hey correctly the national championship. Will we played in a couple hours. But we're riding with the horn Frogs today. They took down my boys a couple weeks ago. Do they earn the win? That's not for us to say. We haven't said that, but people are saying that maybe they didn't. Maybe Michigan lost it more than they want it. That is not the case. But what is the case is that the playoffs are finally upon us, but one team has already won it all and that team is That team is Chevy, and it's star player at the Silverado, a truck with unstoppable grit and determination. According to JD Power, Chevy trucks have earned more New Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand, and that's a serious hardware.
Speaker 3: Do us a favor.
Speaker 1: Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more about the Silverados and let them You should know those things are as strong and dependable as the people that drive them. For Jdpower, twenty twenty two Award Information visit jdpower dot com slash wards.
Speaker 2: I've heard some rumors are moving that Chevy coming on with us in a big way this year. A lot of the Barstool football brands, yep, that we could potentially be presenting a new vehicle.
Speaker 3: Oh that's that's that's that's girl talk, that's girl stuff.
Speaker 1: That's got Yeah, I would I would like to if the sales team has got some too. Boys got them to the boys, Barstool sales team need to kind of throw in there. Hey, why don't you throw the boys a couple of free Chevyes because that'd be nice.
Speaker 3: Like, Hey, I don't know how we're selling this, but.
Speaker 2: We should easily have a couple of Chevyes in the equation just waiting for the boys, right Like I already got wanted it as a fucking badass like.
Speaker 1: The new the New twenty five hundreds. I'm a big fan of those.
Speaker 3: Market.
Speaker 1: You're in the market for a vehicle right now? I need one on my Coldstone Creamery. I gotta have it. We have a very long podcast for you guys today and honestly, we want to stop it three or four times, but truly. It was an incredible podcast. We had Josh Dobbs on. We spoke about football, We spoke about football, We spoke about football, We spoke about the Jacksonville, about the Jacksonville game that just happened, some decisions that he should or should not have made. Did he know his third down? Did you think? Did he know was fourth down? Did you think it was third down?
Speaker 3: The lockdown?
Speaker 1: Why the checkdown? Was that a forward pass? We talked about his past at Tennessee. Jack McPherson had an incredible question for him late in the podcast, real real late, but he came in with a Haymaker of a question. It was incredible. Man's an astrophysicist, is he true?
Speaker 2: He's a rocket science He's a rocket science certified rocket He works with NASA.
Speaker 1: He started talking like literally, We like, well, was like, what else should we talk about? Oh, rocket scientists? And he started laying down information using words that I have to go google later. I had to call Charle ask her about the definition of some of those words.
Speaker 3: His mouth wide open.
Speaker 1: You were consuming all of it, dude. It was. It was truly incredible. I hope you guys enjoy it is awesome. You talk Your talk now, the Tier talk was our favorite planets, So you're gonna have to look into that. It might sound very elementary, but I think hearing a lot of good information in that. Boy, we're gonna paint a nice little picture for you. Someone got a little mad during their spiel. I'm not gonna say who it was. I'm not gonna point fingers, but some individual sitting in a chair right now probably didn't handle their Tier talk the best way they probably could have.
Speaker 3: They were very aggressive.
Speaker 1: Now, who was on this podcast? We in real time found out about the firing of Todd Downing Keith Carter, and I believe his name is Anthony Midget. I say I believe because I literally have said sixteen words to Anthony Midget since he was on the Titans.
Speaker 2: It is Black Monday, so there's a lot of like turnover happening in the league right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so that is something you will see my reaction. I didn't know how to react really, So that'll be for you guys at Dissect. Let me know what you guys think. With that being said, I know it's a short intro. Is there anything you want to put down?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. We talk about a lot of the the.
Speaker 2: Mental headspace of guys, like one of season ends where you're in Dab's see your see we get in the end of my host field for you, Jeff Simmons coming up with this big contract, Josh Jacobs with this fifth year option and had bags in the middle fingers to the league. We dive into that stuff. But yeah, other than that, Bro, you covered it. You covered it well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, buddy, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: If you're watching right now, I know we're on the YouTube. The YouTube has been jumping John. That was a nice show outing last week for the YouTube channel, just the two boys too, right. There were over a thousand people watching at one point time. I remember seeing that thinking like, oh shit, that's awesome. Yeah, but if you're watching right now, make sure to leave our real live comment, not like obviously we're in the chat making friends all day long, but go jump in the real under the real comments and drop a comment.
Speaker 3: Hack the algorithm for the boys a little bit. We are a big years in the.
Speaker 1: Making, big years in the making, and you guys started off real fucking hot, yeah, real hot. In the first episode. I did not think the numbers like that were gonna happen so fast. So we do really appreciate you.
Speaker 3: This CeAl called millions, millions, the whole point five. It does not yet, it does not matter what too.
Speaker 1: There's something's wrong with their website. But I did see that. I heard that. I was on that call with you, and I'm glad you let the public know about that. With that being said, boys, please enjoy this episode of Busting with the Boys. Like Will said, live comment not live chat, correct, So you might be in the chat right now. It might be easy for you go find that live comment, press that then do it, subscribe, unsubscribed, resubscribe, do all these things for us, and we can keep doing things for you. Thank you so much. Please enjoy the fuck out of this episode. Tell you what you excited to be on. Yeah, I'm stoked. I'm stoked, and I'll also like everything I transpired the last three weeks, two weeks.
Speaker 4: I don't know how long it's been, like twenty days, No way, I think the game was eighteen days.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy. You gotta put that mic up a little closer to your face when we do start. We're kind of rolling right now. It can be staying if it doesn't. It doesn't when you got the call. Where were you when you got the call from the Titans.
Speaker 4: So I was in the in the QB meeting after Detroit, so listen. So I woke up in Cleveland, and so, like Detroit, the clean was like two hours. So I was driving back to Cleveland on the off days just so I could sit from home bed and washed my underwear and then go back. So we played in New York on Sunday, landed, I drove back to Cleveland for the night, shipped home all my Christmas stuff, like wash my bag. I had like four pairs of sweatpants and I packed for the week and then Christmas to go home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I drove to Detroit, had practice.
Speaker 4: They went through like a full basically Wednesday, and then I was in the QB meeting afterwards, and they're like, my agent called me I practiced. I called him back. He said, I think the Titans want to sign you. And he's like, all right, this could be one of those things where they call and like nothing happens, or it could happen fast, so just keep your phone on you. So going back to the meeting, sat there with phone on silent, and then it starts buzzing.
Speaker 1: So it's my agent calling. Said, yeah, they want to sign you.
Speaker 4: And then Ryan called, and then I walked back in the room and said, yo, I got a fight to catch at eight fifteen.
Speaker 1: No way, is there a team meeting or what meeting? Was the quarterback meeting meeting? Yeah, quarterback meeting. Whilli was officially on the bus those of you. Yeah, we just started, I mean talking, and then I saw the numbers rolling, so I thought we might as well just get going. My man, my man's in Cleveland, so I'm assuming you live in Cleveland full time.
Speaker 3: That's like, that's.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean no, no, no, no, no, I'll come like a nomad, like a one make Nashville home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I started just talking about I just have an apartment up there. I just had it through the season ends in February, and.
Speaker 1: You were driving from Cleveland to Detroit. Driving from Cleveland to Detroit. My man had a just packed for like the week and then Christmas and he's sitting He's sitting in meetings in Detroit. He during practice gets a call from his agent. Agent calls his agent back. He's like, Hey, the Titans might want to sign you, but you don't know, like it might be one of those things who knows what's going on. Right He's sitting in a meeting, his phone starts going off. He picks up the phone and he's like, yeah, they definitely want to sign you. And then he gets on the phone with R. C Ryan Cowden and then that's where we're at right now. So he said, hey, you walk, So you walk back in the meeting and you're like, I gotta go.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, He's like, there's an eighth fifteen flight. Can you make it. It's like six o'clock yeah, in Detroit. And they're like, we want you to dress on Saturday.
Speaker 1: And it's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, I got think the eight fifteen flight so I can get there at least like get a good night's sleep, like get the playbook as early as possible.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I'll make it.
Speaker 4: So I went straight in the room and said, I know I've been here for two weeks, but I got a head to the airport. The Titans are shining me like shook, Jared Nate brew shook. Everyone's saying his QB room. So it was up to the OC upstairs in the GM went straight to the airport. So I'm showing like that same bag, I got like four pairs of sweatpants, two pairs.
Speaker 1: Of jeans, just dugging it, just tugging through it. Dude, dugging it. That's wild. What's the head coach's name for the lines, Dan Campbell? Dan Campbell? What was his You're only there for two weeks, but what was his vibe? Because he seems like it's awesome the football guy. He seems like, hey, people would argue, not us. We're not gonna argue this. People are saying he might be cool with the Mike Vrabel from like a from like a vibe standpoint, I.
Speaker 4: Would say they're both up there because they played, you know what I mean, Like they get it, just like the ebbs and flows of a season, like the emotions of it as players. I came away for practice on a Wednesday late in the season, like they just get it, Like they walk the room, they get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was cool. It was like the culture of there was awesome, which is crazy to say about the Lions. Yeah, the culture. I was really impressed because you know how the Lions were like when I got drafted in fourteen, they were picking at ten and I was like, fuck, dude, I do not want to go to Detroit please. I was legit, like, man, I do not want to go live back in Michigan again. I was begging not to get picked there.
Speaker 4: Well, so like just in my process, so I got released for Cleveland. Well, well we'll get into that. But like so I was like either going to go back to Cleveland. I ended up going to Denver working on Denver and then visiting Detroit and like even I was there like the night before the game, and it's like you could just feel the vibe in the building, like just like everyone around it. They just are just like focused on the right things. They have a ton of like coaches that are players, like on their whole staff, right, so they just they just get it. Like the vibe is really really good up there. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Are you are you form the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Are you pumped?
Speaker 1: Got a limited Seahawks one know you're we'll come. That's all right, Yeah that was tough. When bet the bus comes back, he'll be doll then yeah, we'll cut that out. You look at that out.
Speaker 2: I didn't take my black label, my own in black label yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's not NSF certified either. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I need that performance enhancing You.
Speaker 1: Need that right now. I'm so you're you're in Cleveland. You run active at Cleveland. I was the two all year in Cleveland. I want you to talk about Cleveland. Yeah, I want to hear about Cleveland. Hear about Cleveland, you know what I mean, Like a normal guy and then your parent. You're in the same room as a super horny guy in Cleveland. I want to find out, like how that dynamic works with you guys. Yeah, you know I'm saying, hear yeah, Like did he come off that horny or you're like, oh, he might not be as horny as are saying.
Speaker 3: Oh he got the rookies and massuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christmas, here's a massage therapist. I can't, I cannot, I can't. I can't speak on that. But he's a normal dude. I like the Sean Wannson. I think at this point he's a normal one of those things you've ever met.
Speaker 3: We all got our you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 1: Everyone has a horny guy ever met. There's two Mike Campanero and Rob Moojie. Those are the two horniest people I've ever met you boys, horny boys.
Speaker 3: I feel like Chase Rice would be up there. Chase Rice, he was like a horny boy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He performed in my golf tournament last year. Yeah that go back there now your head. We took them out in Knoxville after the tourney. He enjoyed the streets of Knoxville. Yeah, I'm sure he enjoyed the streets of Knoxville. We've got ourselves a line. Boys. He had a good time.
Speaker 3: So you're when you're.
Speaker 1: In Cleveland, you are the two in Cleveland? Are you the two up until the point that Deshaun came back? Yeah, okay, that's how it was working. Those are two until DeShawn came back. They claimed the QB.
Speaker 4: At the end of camp, so we had like three, but like four when Deshawn's coming back. So they're trying to keep the room together. They're like, if we release you, we feel like you'll clear waivers so we can like keep all four guys together.
Speaker 3: Get you beg on practice squad and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me back on practice for stuff.
Speaker 4: But I was like, all right, like if you released me, basically my season there is done. Like Deshaun's coming back and stuff. Like, shot, I'm trying to go somewhere like play and like some other situation because like every week, like you can just guys know how it is, like every week you look around, like QB goes down, something shakes up. So I was like, I want to put myself in a position where teams know, like, hey, I want to go somewhere and play, whether it's for two weeks or however it may be from the end of the season. So I'm thats why I ended up taking the visitor to Denver. Then ended up going to Detroit. Really like the culture there and like I'd been like they tried to trade for me a couple of times early in my career, so I was like, I'm gonna go there, check it out, and then should worked out where I got here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you.
Speaker 2: Outed out of signing back on practice squad with the Browns because you wanted to put it out there like, yeah, I'm trying to go play. I'm not trying to be in a full exactly room and look key be at the bottom exactly correct.
Speaker 4: Like I felt like, I mean, you're getting demoted and they're saying like it's not for performance, it's just for logistics, but it's like, all right, so guess how it is like in the league, you have to look out for yourself and shoot, like figure out your path in your career and try to set up an opportunity, make an opportunity for yourself if you're not just given an opportunity. So that's why I felt like, what's the best bet for me?
Speaker 1: It seems like you saying that you have to look out for yourself, Like I feel like when I first got in the league, and you might feel this way too, but when I first got in the league to now that phrase looking out for yourself has become much more vocalized throughout the league, Like people are starting to understand more, like not only in the locker room, because you know, in the locker room, guys got to look out for themselves. You got to get paid and do whatever. Sure, but like from a public perception as well, people are starting to understand that when you're in the NFL, like you might love being a part of the team, but if there's a better opportunity elsewhere, like you can't really fault the guy exactly, know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think like people like see that guys are their own businesses right off the field and on the field, and every situation shakes out differently, so you have to put yourself in the right position for you to succeed.
Speaker 2: And she was a business, so you have to treat it that way. Yeah, when you were in Cleveland, what's your mindset like? Like going in there knowing that you're the backup and that all the whole Deshaun Watson thing was kind of up in the what's your mentality like going into training camp and how you're gonna say it?
Speaker 3: Because I would almost think if I'm in your situation, like.
Speaker 2: You kind of feel, I would almost feel like, oh, I'm a play center here until he gets back. Was that kind of the mentality? Did you feel like you could, uh, you know, make something shaking training camp to where you could potentially be the guy like talk about your entire mindset while being.
Speaker 1: At it was.
Speaker 4: I mean going into the room into the year, we all knew it's gonna be interesting when you sign three brand new quarterbacks that haven't been there with the Sean Drakobe myself, so only kind of all new then. Obviously we knew how it was gonna shake out based on like other paying guys, like, hey, this is kind of the pecking order. But I mean I kind of just went in there with the mentality of, hey, just maximize my reps in camp. I might not get a lot, Like go out, have a really good preseason and then something shakes out in the season, then go out and play well and if it doesn't, you'll at least set yourself up, whether it's to be back in Cleveland or for another opportunity after. So yeah, I mean it was it was an interesting situation, a unique situation with it just the whole.
Speaker 2: Almost think too, like a decision wasn't made yet with the NFL and everything. We were like, yeah, thinking I could legit be the backup, like this could think this thing could.
Speaker 1: Be the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't know until like three weeks into camp what the NFL was going to do, so that was interesting.
Speaker 1: But you always obviously.
Speaker 4: Knew they were going to make a decision, so there would be an opportunity there. But yeah, we're just kind of working through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you were when you were at Tennessee, obviously Tennis is a huge school and like you're a big name guy, like everyone knows about Josh Doobbs you go to you drafted by Pittsburgh. Correct, when you were in Pittsburgh, what like, how was your experience there? But like were you thinking like, all right, Ben's coming up, He's about to be done, Like I'm next in line? Were you was that like your mindset?
Speaker 4: That was definitely that was definitely the thought because they so when I got drafted there, it was Ben, Landry Jones and then myself and then those were the only three quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: And so at the.
Speaker 4: Time, Ben had just in the off season been going back and forth of if he was going to retire or not, and so I was like, okay, like Ben, I know, he wants to win another Super Bowl. So we had a really good team like my rookie year and we almost won it. Yeah, so it's like we win another super Bowl and then there would be an opportunity. But Ben ended up playing for five more years, like once I got drafted, So yeah, I didn't check out the way that I foresaw it. But it was so cool like being being like working with Ben and just interest seeing how he plays the game because he plays it so much differently than a lot of quarterbacks around the league. So just learning from him being around him, We had cool relationship now, so I enjoyed my time.
Speaker 2: There is there a perception publicly a Ben that you feel like people get wrong about with his preparation and how he plays the game.
Speaker 3: You just said he plays it differently.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, you know, I think like he gets the perception of like Ben's a guy that doesn't watch film and stuff, but the stuff he does on game day, he definitely like watches film. He just doesn't do it maybe like at the complex or like right in front of your face, but when he goes home, he's definitely studying because so much of the offense was on him just to kind of freelance of the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: Like pick his plays.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of times there would be no play Like Ben's calling the game on the field, and you can't do that if you're not studying, preparing, watching some type of tape to get a feel for the opponents. Those really impressive Like we will go to practice and we would call like no huddle, and you know, like you get the practice script before practice has like fifty plays or whatever's on the play. This is like for OTAs in the camp and you would get the practice script, there wouldn't be one play on it. The quarterbacks will call the entire practice. So you just get the line, you look at the situations like first and ten left hash, and you just call whatever play you want it because that's what Ben would do in the game sometimes. And so it was cool, like we're basically like a little oc calling your own plays and four So like as a rookie, you're out there calling drive and four verts every play just to find a completion, take a side.
Speaker 1: But then once you get in the.
Speaker 4: Year two, year three, you're all right, let me try to set them up, let me let me call this, let me try to throw this guy. So you get to actually like work the game and work on like being a play called.
Speaker 2: Who are you asking questions to them to kind of learn about two minute and everything else? If it's like quarterback is the kind of call their script? Are you like really asking Ben, like, Hey, what's going on in your mind? Why are you calling X, Y and Z?
Speaker 4: I would ask him a little bit, but he kind of like he doesn't really like to like talk about like.
Speaker 1: Why he does.
Speaker 4: He kind of likes to just do it. And then you can like ask him for little stuff.
Speaker 3: There's more playing chess at all time.
Speaker 1: He's just playing chess all so really he's playing multiple games.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, like okay, I'll give you a little bit, but not too much because zactly want to play as long.
Speaker 1: As exactly so I would.
Speaker 4: What were you do is like you will watch him, like he'll call a couple of plays and then it's a funny thing like some of the plays that he liked. You didn't really know if you didn't didn't like him, or like couldn't really execute him until you did it. So like he would call it play and then you would go in and because it looked cool and call it and it wouldn't work.
Speaker 1: Like I ain't ever call hi that play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but no, it.
Speaker 1: Was smooth, like two minute two minutes.
Speaker 4: In practice, the QB will get to call it, so you're kind of like dialing up.
Speaker 1: But you guys had like basic stuff like the Titans to be right, where you have a number system or like different code names with.
Speaker 4: The number system and stuff that you could get through at tempo, but clock stop out of bounds, especially in the practice situation, like you come to huddle if you're feeling it, you could just call whatever you want and go from there.
Speaker 1: Damn, that's a lot of pressure. Yeah, well you get no situationally, like what the hell is going on too?
Speaker 4: You're like, well, we always were practiced that you needed a touchdown to win, so you could be aggressive at spots. But it was cool because you were put in that pressure cooker situation and it was all on you.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Like sometimes like CBS, they can get handcuffed with plays. Sometimes they oh I didn't like that play. Yeah, so then you go a pick or incomplete behind the chains. But just you picking the play, I mean you can't. There's no excuse.
Speaker 1: It's on you. Yeah, need to go out there. He feels about that. If you were to have the title of OC at Pittsburgh with them, you're like, I'm really not really, I'm not just here to watch the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd almost like cause you're you ultimately want to play into the strength of your players, Like you have somebody like Ben Roethlisberger there, he's been doing a long time. I'm sure they've had plenty of conversations to where it's like, hey, do your thing out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it comes from like coach t just giving players that freedom. I mean they know Ben. Ben's like a point guard back there. Yeah, with the way he plays his hands.
Speaker 2: Want to just be disrespectful, like in the situation of the Tys, A Dobbs comes in and and Rage looks at uh uh Todd and it's like, hey, don't worry about calling two minute, Josh Dobbs is gonna call it.
Speaker 3: Then that's where I feel like you.
Speaker 2: You probably feel some type of way of coordinator, like fuck man, you want to Yeah, yeah, their arms crossed.
Speaker 1: I kind of just waiting to see what happens. Dude.
Speaker 2: Since we're talking about the Titans, I definitely like you signed and you're starting that week, like talk about your mental space leading up to that week because you you started twice. You started twice now like you just literally was thrown into the fire with the Tennessee Titans. Like talk about you signing, you get here, you realize, Okay, they might want to sign me to where Oh I'm the fucking guy this week.
Speaker 3: I better keep a ship going.
Speaker 1: It was well on before before you into that, did they say you were the guy right away? So they so? Because I know the leak right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the first week last week, I didn't start, but they said, we want you to dress. So I got there Wednesday morning in the game was Saturday, and they're like, we're gonna dress you as the two for the game. So it's like okay, I could play. And then the next day it was Christmas. After the game, they said, hey, can you come back early because we think we're gonna start you Thursday night against the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I say, yeah, for sure. I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, Like outside looking at right, it's a crazy situation, like, bro, you've been there like a week, like you gotta go start this game, like there's a lot of pressure behind it, all this stuff. But from like inside looking out like me, it's like to start an NFL football game.
Speaker 1: It's something we went on for six years.
Speaker 4: So for you to say, like, okay, you got five days to get ready for it, that's plenty of time, you know what I mean, that's that's almost a lot of time to get ready for it. To understand they play book. I might have got nothing else to do. I got one bag of clothes, you know, and nowhere to go. So it's just a tremendous opportunity, man, just to go out there play ball.
Speaker 1: You know, I thought it Obviously I expected to.
Speaker 4: Have more starts before going to my six year. But to get that opportunity to go out and play and play well and.
Speaker 1: Just embrace it. I had a lot of fun with it. On Primetime too, Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Primetime getst the Cowboys at home. I mean, there's there's there's nothing, there's nothing better than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you live for. You live for those opportunities just to go out and when you're in Nashville, Tennessee, and you play at the Dallas Cowboys on primetime, there is no home game if you're in Nashville or you're in so many Cowboys fans there. Oh dude, That's how it was. My rookie Yar too, we played them. We were in silent the whole game. I mean at that point we won one game. It was like week thirteen. It's like, all right, we did the same thing.
Speaker 4: We're like, let's go side and also work because we knew we're gonna play in Jacksonville is gonna be rocking anyway. Now, it might as well practice, especially but it'd be my first time doing it.
Speaker 1: You make you played well.
Speaker 2: Once you get past the first couple of plays, where were the nerves like leading up to the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're excited. You're like, You're like, you have plenty of time to get rid of for a game, like you're.
Speaker 1: You're in the book.
Speaker 3: You're in the book, You're in the book.
Speaker 2: You ready, Yeah, and then the day comes and it's a night game, so it's like, man, I got to change hotels, get in that hoyeah all day about the mindset the nerves look bit, You're like, it's fucking yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's like you you rather just wake up and play, you know, just get the one o'clock games so you don't have to sit all day because you sit in the hotel all day. You look at the game playing a thousand times, and then by the end of it, you're like, all right, what are they going. You're trying to you're trying to play the game in your head, you're trying to anticipate plays, and then sure, you haven't been out there since the preseason. So the first couple of plays, like it was moving fast, like guys were flying around.
Speaker 1: It's like you saw what coverage it they were in.
Speaker 4: But just then going out and like actually, like okay, I got catched the ball. I got to execute the play rather than just mentally executing it. It took a couple of plays just to get back in the group. But once the once I got back in the flow, it was smooth. It was just like, all right, this is just football, you know, And that's like, that's like the best thing, Like anytime you make the jump from any level, right, first time playing in high school, you know, you're nervous about the first game college. Same thing, and the same thing because you're nervous about the speed of the game. You're nervous about whatever the opposing players are. And then you get out there, it's just football game I've been playing for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it does move a lot faster. It doesn't move a lot faster. Those five days you're like, oh, that's playing time to get ready mentally for a game like learning to playbook. How much time did you take? And look at like the personnel because you come into your situation for you individually, is an amazing situation because you're like, I'm looking to start, I'm looking to play Tennessee gave you that and you're like, all right, that's awesome. Let's to check that out the list. Now you look at the roster and you go, holy fuck, it's a lot of guy there's no like this is a loose term. There's nobody on the team anymore. Well, you're you're playing with guys that weren't original starters week one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So when I signed, I looked at the roster and like the first you just scroll through the ross, see who you know, Like, okay, I got to know this guy. Now I looked, I got got down and it's like injury reserved. Yeah, I was like longer than looking at the active roster like dang, there's so many guys out.
Speaker 1: So no, there's a lot of young players. I think that was like going into.
Speaker 3: A situation where they're on like three or four game losing streak.
Speaker 1: A yeah, they're what we lost seven in a row? Seven? Yeah, five at that point right, yeah, like it was four because you came in and you were sitting behind the leak when you Yeah, but go, so like how did you work through that process? You give a couple of receivers and be like listen, like you like a Robert Woods is the first person that comes to mind spinning Lee for a while before he got hurt. He had four one thousand yard seasons like if without playing quarterback ever, I'm thinking, okay, I need a lifeline guy around here, like Austin Hooper, I need Robert Woods. Like were there guys who wouldn't approached. It was like this is I don't know what the fuck's going on, but I need to know that I need someone to bail me out once in a while. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I would just tell him just like stick with me, Like that was the biggest thing on the side.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, stick with me.
Speaker 4: I have to scramble, especially like a Woody Yeah who because I knew like those guys who played a ton of ball and so I was like, yo, just stick with me. But the crazing was so for the Thirst nine game, we didn't get any live reps in practice.
Speaker 1: Because it was a short week like walk through. I mean, that's yeah, which is fantastic late in the year, but if you're just coming into it, you're like, bro, I could use the little speed some of the throws in the game.
Speaker 4: That was like the first time I'd ever thrown that route to the to the receiver live like we threw try to throw trailer and strike. It was about a foot behind him, Like it was like back hip. I was like, that's the first live strike route I've thrown to him in my life. Yeah, we're throwing it like thirty seven, you know, in the middle third quarter, a huge play. So it was like little things like that that you had to work through. Yeah, it was a crazy process.
Speaker 2: What's it meant for you to get that opportunity after waiting patiently for six years?
Speaker 1: It was some of that.
Speaker 3: You've had such a.
Speaker 2: Lot of pivots along the way, like being drafted by Pittsburgh, getting traded, being cut, being on practice squad, being on IR Like, You've had a lot of different situations come about. Then you go on practice squad for a couple weeks with Detroit, you get a call, Oh shit, I'm going to Tennessee. You're dressing that week, and then you're starting these last two games, Like what does that meant to you?
Speaker 3: Like, with all the time that's gone by in your career.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was awesome in the world, you know, I wish obviously the result of it of the two stars was a little different, but just to be out there and play, It's like I tell everyone this everyone's asking me, like, what is it like, because people, you know, like, oh, you're a backup cord and lead.
Speaker 1: That's like the easiest job in the world. You're just chilling, like watching other people play is largely thought of. I think that right now what I'm ready for you to change my mind Every year I'm like, yo, you're fucking living the dream. Win a couple of games a year and then yeah, exactly, Middle Reliever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I told him, is like it was like in high school you have like the biggest tests of your life, especially like before you first start, you have the biggest EPs of your life. It's basically I got to decide if you get to go on and do everything you want in this world or not? Right, And so you prepare every single week, and you know that test is going to come on Friday. So every single week Monday, you can wake up, you prepare for the test Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, got the butterflies in your stomach, and you wake up Friday and you don't take the test, and then you do it again next week, and you do it again next week.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, next week, and then for me test? What the talking about it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: To me.
Speaker 1: Like you fround it all together. I was like, oh, ship, that's a good fucking point.
Speaker 4: And for me, I've done that for six years. I mean like every Frida there is a test. I just never know when wanna take it. And so like that's the biggest sound whe remind myself. It is like you don't know where you're gonna take the test, but you'll do yourself a disservice if you're not ready to take that test. So every single week I with prepares the I said, I'm gonna take the test, and I take the test, hit reset. Some weeks are tougher than others, but just keep pushing forward and shoot look up whenever, whenever the test is done and succeed.
Speaker 3: So so it is easy.
Speaker 2: No, it's not easy, but shitty being like shitty being a backup, and you got to do that every week and you're like you're dressed and everything, like, man, I gotta be ready.
Speaker 1: You're so hyped up?
Speaker 3: Ready can you get hyped up?
Speaker 1: Like it's because listen listening to you and that whole thing right there, Like obviously you saw my mind get blown. I was a vocal about it. But if six years and you're studying for a test every single week, and then that last like eventually once in a while you're like, fuck, did this test ain't coming this way? Like I got like if you're behind Ben right, dude's been playing forever. He's like he's a statue in there, but he gets the ballut relatively fast and he could take some hits. There's got to be a level of being like, all right, maybe this I'm good this week.
Speaker 4: All up, this defensive line is not good. That the quarterback like that you do that. Second you do that, you're thrown in there. So like, for instance, so second everyone's back and I've been we'd be sitting there and we're playing the.
Speaker 1: Ravens, like late in the season.
Speaker 4: It's cold, you're staying standing in Baltimore in the middle of December for three hours, and I was already standing there. It's probably it's like the fourth quarter, we're up to like five points, we're coming out. I was like first and fifteen, I'm like all right, like Ben got this, like the game's over, Like I have my beanie on. I was not chilling, like I was still in the game, but it was like, but you're chilling. Yeah, you're you're sitting there like, yeah, game's over.
Speaker 1: We're good. Then goes to scramble. They were in like pee Tampa two.
Speaker 4: Then goes to scramble and the three technique like falls on him and he's just like laying on the ground, just out And in my head, I'm like this man like just passed out on the field. So then like that's when stomach drops. Sorry, get the helmet, like warm up, you haven't thrown and pregame warm ups. We go out there, it's like first and fifteen, second, fifteen. Coach he's like, throw the deep over. They haven't covered it all day. I'm like, damn, I thought we were just gonna hand it off. You're coming out of the end zone, crowds going rout wild something quick exactly.
Speaker 1: So and then that was like my that was my first play in the league.
Speaker 4: So threw over to Juju and then I go, okay, I can do this, and then Ben walks back on the field. He's fine, he shook it off. He just got the wind knock out of him. But like all that to say was I was staying on the sideline five minutes before that, Like to your point, just they're like like okay, like I'm not playing today, like the game's over, and then the second you like seek that comfort and you sit down, boom, you're thrown in there. So I just like examples like data have occurred throughout my career that I tried not to catch myself, like in that role where it's like, oh, it's over. You know, just always just finding ways to whether it's not a routine or whether it's just the process of game prepared, just to stay locked in because as I said, you just do yourself with discredit if you're not ready for the opportunity, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, yeah, yeah, because there are definitely times where you think you do think that way, especially depending how long the season has been too, because in the beginning seas you're kind of like you never know could have been some of the coaches tell you I don't know about for quarterback, but like linebacker, like oh you will get you in here x y Z blah bah blah. But there are definitely times where you can get in some lulls of thinking about it. But he's right, like the minute it does happen, anxiety that prepared you're because that that week where I had got cutting and brought back on practice squad and we were playing the Ravens.
Speaker 3: For whatever reason, I was a little bit nervous because.
Speaker 1: I, man, what team is this? The Titans?
Speaker 3: This was the Titans.
Speaker 1: This is a twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: This is the second thin with the Titans, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, man, you know, I hope I don't have to go in there like I'm you know, really.
Speaker 1: That's a tough mindset too, right, right, I hope I don't have to go in there.
Speaker 3: Like I've been on practice squad this entire week.
Speaker 2: They're just now telling me that I could play the I'm going to back up in the game, so Friday or Saturday whenever they're doing and all the walk through stuff, I'm just behind uh Rashawan and Jayon just kind of shadowing them because you know, it's Lamar Jackson. There's some wrinkles in their run game and pass game that it's like you can't just go in there with a dropback quarterback. You feel a lot more comfortable coming off like a practice squad situation. You're like, Okay, a lot of this stuff is real general concepts that everybody kind of has. Yeah, but the Ravens for whatever reason they got they got it. It's like a different game plan that week. So since I've been on practice squad that whole week, and then they tell me like, hey, you could, You're we're gonna activate you a practice squad after just getting cut. You're just like, okay, well let me stand because I was a little bit nervous. And that was the game. Jay On fucking fucked up his elbow.
Speaker 3: It was terrible.
Speaker 1: Then God he was wearing long sleeves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and literally I was in there. I was like, thank god, I was going through just the walks through some everything like that process. It always comes when you're just not You're like the most unprepared and you have like a type of anxiety of like man By going in and looks stupid, like it's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Lamar does make people look stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think of Lamar when he sees jam And go down, who's a very athletic linebacker, and then you walk out white. He always sees the white guy.
Speaker 7: He's like, oh, he doesn't work out for him.
Speaker 1: But a white linebacker, a black linebacker goes out and then a white light of recomenc he goes, oh, man, I'm running off that guy.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is try being a white man chasing the tackle, Lamar Jackson in this league, what can happen?
Speaker 1: Your only hope is making go east and west. I'd be like, please, dog, cavalry in here exactly.
Speaker 3: Wait you find some time?
Speaker 7: Yeah, d.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, don't don't die out a diving board. They'll sup under myself, all everything, everything, ninety miles right. I know, dude, Lamar is impressed. I hope he gets paid. I hope he think you will for the Ravens. You think he's gonna go somewhere else. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know he's gonna get paid. I don't know who knows if it's going to be the number that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what the number he's wanting. I don't know if he's like an irrational person or not. But I've never met him. But I think I think he'll get paid.
Speaker 3: I think, I think.
Speaker 4: But the OC's up for a job somewhere, so that might that might shake shake some things up.
Speaker 2: But I think it'll be interesting is how all the gms and owners will look at the contract situation, because I know he can he can throw the ball around, but the running game is a big part of his game and the life, the lifespan of like a running back in the league.
Speaker 3: And you can look back at.
Speaker 2: Vic and all these guys, it's just wherever they see him, like how long do we think?
Speaker 4: Exactly how long can he play at that level type of game that he plays.
Speaker 2: As another element, that element shows that like they only have so much tread on the tire because you can't have like the way Lamar plays, he loses a step. It definitely equalizes the game a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Absolutely equalizes the game. I wonder, yeah, I wonder if he is going to him on the bus. Love that Lamar's he follows you, right, Yeah, he's one of the boys. He's one of the boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was.
Speaker 2: I actually made that joke to try being a white on the field chasing Lamar Jackson. And it was one of those ones where it was going out there to different audiences and then people started to call me like racist and ship like that, and then Lamar comes in and laughs at and everything else.
Speaker 3: So I'm good.
Speaker 2: What if I yeah, you get one of the bros on there, like.
Speaker 1: It's that's like the old almost the equivalent of being like, oh, I'm not racist. My best friend's black, Like you got that card right there.
Speaker 2: He comes in and says something, it's like the guy I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's like this, I'm good, you saw him good.
Speaker 3: People like that. People are like the hell time you can invite to the cookout.
Speaker 1: You're like, yo, I'm I'm good.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to tell all my white boys, like, guys, I got plans on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, you just want to hang out? I can't, like we didn't ask you, but I'm doing. Yeah. I hope he needs to kind of be like our boy Kirk Cousins and kind of do like the short three year guaranteed contracts gets that gets the money bags money tipping them things up. Huh do you think he deserves it? Yeah? For sure. I mean I was just trying to see if my boy's gonna slip get some headlines out here. We got the same agent, so my Mike, yeah, might be grinding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kurt, like we were actually talking about it this morning. Like Kurt played the situation perfectly. You have to take a little risk to get to the market for sure, see what your market value is. And then that's where if you're healthy and coming out coming out looking good on scathed and free agency, you're able to leverage all of your stuff to get it might be a lower ceiling, but you'll get that fully guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Contract ever since, ever since, every contract.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because yeah, what we were in that conversation because of Jeffer Simmons. Yeah, yeah, we were talking about his fifth year auction coming up and if he's gonna, I don't know, Like, you know how the things, the things get crazy when your contract is up and you've played well. Like I jokingly told Jeff, hey, I know we're not the best friends. We got to fight in camp and for some reason he's never let it go since then, so like we're definitely the rocky going on. He holds a grudge of big time. I was like, hey, I want you to know, like our career is based on where you're at right now. Are identical exact same as far as accolates got. I was like, I hope to god yours end's better than mine does. But and then we had a whole conversation. You're right, you're ten loading Broton, But we had a whole conversation of like fifth year option and how that's gonna play out. He was like asking about my stuff, and it's it's crazy the stuff that he's got to go through now going into this fifth year, because not only is the fifth year, he's looking at two possible franchise tags as well, right, and he's gonna get money, but it's not like that money. It's like, oh, I'm I'm set in long term, Like yeah, you want that, you want that contract, that says because if he gets hurt, boom, he just lost a whole bunch of money that way. I'm axio to see how that plays out with the Titans.
Speaker 2: As we're just in general, we were talking about the different like mindset you can be in as a player, like once your season abruptly ends, like for Jeff, he's like, you know, you saw the post game video of him like crying the locker at the locker like talking about what it means, and you can just tell, you can tell how much the game means to him. With it all right, and for somebody to shoot up his ankle the entire back half of the season to play and try to get the boys.
Speaker 3: Into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: You know, as a player, you think in your mind, the logo, the team, everybody, everybody's gonna be on the same page. But the minute the season is over, you go from this pack mentality to now this individual mentality, because now it is all suddenly business, and that shooting up and that playing hurt, and that the product you end up putting on film most of the time gets used against you in negotiations.
Speaker 3: Right, just because it's strictly business.
Speaker 2: I would assume the tiers are gonna do whatever possible to retain somebody like Jeff, But a lot of guys go into thinking I was doing it the honorable way all year long, fighting for the boys, doing whatever I can to get back here, feeling the pressures of the coach, the training, sat fans, teammates, everybody, and I want to like I'm trying to. But then you turn around if you're not in a situation to have like maybe it's a leverage like Jeff has or somebody who usually it does not work out for you that way, but you think, damn, I thought, I thought if I sacrifice and did all this, you guys would take care of me.
Speaker 1: And now you're using what just happened kind of against me. Yeah, but you can't do that personal. Yeah, you can't take that.
Speaker 2: But that's that's a lot of guys that usually get that bitter, and that's you just find out the teeth of the business that way, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 3: When you're young. You're kind of like naive about it.
Speaker 2: You think college, you get your first off season, you look at a vent, You're like, oh, we get the we get the next few months off. We don't have to come back until April. And you're like, oh shit, and you're just you know, you're just like a puppy. You're on this four year deal. If you if you get to you know, be with the team four years, you kind of just you have no clue until you get bit in the ass with the business side and you're thinking, damn, this is how it really is.
Speaker 1: I wonder. I think it's really is going to come down to whether Jeff is on the team or not as how much like how he wants to get paid because he's extremely talented. He's a top three d tackle in the league. From I think anybody, any GM would go and say the same thing, what is look up Aaron Donald's contract, because he's got the number one contract right, and it's he's that's a unique situation because Jeff has had two Pro Bowl seasons going into a contract year. But Aaron Donald is arguably one of the the greatest defensive players of all time, so his money is going to be crazy. Now does Jeff want to sit there and say I deserve to get paid as much or more than Aaron Donald's getting paid, because there's arguments for both sides. Jeff's younger, he's extremely disruptive, He's only getting better.
Speaker 3: How much he's a center piece you build around. He's a centerpiece.
Speaker 1: He's a centerpiece you build around. That's those words are way too small.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is it? What is it per year?
Speaker 1: Three years? Ninety five million? Right here, he's getting like thirty thirty something average. Because when we were talking to I was like, if they want to pay him like number one money, it's gotta be like around thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the other d tackles like in the top five get if you look up, look up the top five, top five.
Speaker 1: Gota be the Asian.
Speaker 2: Everybody negotiating on his behalf, like whether or not you believe whatever it is You're going to look at what Aaron Donald's getting, because again you're making the argument that Jeff Simmons is a perennial.
Speaker 3: Pro Bowl player.
Speaker 1: He tackles.
Speaker 2: Jeff Simmons is a perennial Pro Bowl player who you build around on defense. Like it doesn't you're like, oh, he's not as good ball up, but that's still what you're gonna look to because that's what the market is at for superior defensive tackles.
Speaker 6: Four.
Speaker 2: See look, the drump from Aaron Donald down to number two is ten million dollars. Aaron Donald average per year is thirty one for one more year, one per year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the Forest Buckner, it's like.
Speaker 2: Literally playing we're at the restaurant doing napkin math. It's like it looks like it could be like a twenty five a year thing. Literally, just making that up. I'm sure people use it for headlines.
Speaker 1: But franchise will get the average, right, you'll get the average on the top one, I believe, right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Which is not batcause that's what they were That's what they were doing with Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 4: If they would tag him every year, he would tag him every year, and then the QB market kept going up every year they make him money.
Speaker 1: He kept getting jumped like five mil.
Speaker 2: Washington offered him three years seventy five million, fifty guaranteed loosely. That's that's not like exact, and Kirk was like, why would I make that. I'm going to make fifty no matter what, I'm gonna make more than that guaranteed just in the next two off my franchise tags exactly, So you got to come more correct than that. They played with him too much. He made it all the way to a free agency. Three teams had him at like north of ninety million dollars fully guaranteed, and then you end up going with Minnesota, probably with like taking all the financials involved with taxes and everything else.
Speaker 3: Kirk, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: How he ended up getting there because Jess looking at a fifth year option two tags.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at I was looking at those top three tackles. It was Aaron, Donald Buckner, and then Chris Jones, both extremely talented. I wonder statistically what the difference between those those three and Jeff is, because I know I from what I've seen from Aaron or what I've heard about Aaron, is he didn't have like the best year this year compared to like his.
Speaker 3: Past all the rams went from Super Bowl to five and twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they obviously he didn't have he didn't have a great year. But that's gonna be an uphill battle for Jeff if he wants to get above Aaron Donald right there, because that's such a crazy outlier. That's like Quentin Nelson for the Guards. He I think is like three four million dollars above the next highest paid guy. But how old is Jeff Jeff is fourth forty five years old. Man, Yeah, he's got and he's got he's got Aaron.
Speaker 4: Donald's on that thirty one, Like imagine Jeff at twenty seven, twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then if I'm a GM and I'm just gonna argue that point, Aaron Donald's a generational talent, generation generationals, multiple generations talent, and is arguably one of the best in the world. I think at this point, Aaron Donald, at this at Jeff's point in his career, Aaron Donald already had like might have already had a defensive Play of the Year or we had like four All pros and he was like four time Pro Bowl, Like he had his resume. He his resume was just insane, and then it just kept going Yeah, Oh, it's like it's a hard argument. I hope Jeff gets that money. I'm just saying, like, I wonder where in his point if he's gonna think of it logically. And I think if he thought about it logically and sat down with himself and his agent and his asient was completely honest with him, his agent would say, you will be a top five pig guy, but I think it'll be more in the middle range of the top five, like the three. This is me without any information trying to talk about this. I don't know what the real market is other than the article we just looked at. But you're thinking like twenty to twenty five million dollars a year sounds like something he would look at and logic have to say, Okay, I'll play for that.
Speaker 2: A four year hundred Yeah, I would love to see him get a three year whatever, fully guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you could do that, Try to said, tell like, we all want them, we all want one of those.
Speaker 3: He's one of those guys.
Speaker 2: It's like you want quarterbacks first, but you want top dogs at their positions, commanding these fully guaranteed contracts. You might sacrifice a little bit of the ceiling, but if in the if in turn, you get three years of fully guaranteed deal and then you're seeing the market again at twenty eight years.
Speaker 1: Old, Like that's a good position to be in, right, great be in.
Speaker 2: And you know again it's not you know, he can look at Aaron Donald's and just think like that.
Speaker 3: It's a marker for the market. It doesn't mean he thinks that's his floor.
Speaker 2: It doesn't doesn't mean anything other than like, hey, a top guy at this position got thirty one. He signed for it last year. We're getting all this influx of money. Who knows what that looks like capwise. That's when it comes on the agent.
Speaker 7: Say if he goes a free agency, he sees that money, he goes to free agency, he'll see a lot more than he would if he signs a year or two, or say he signed this offseason, Yeah, you would see a lot more than he would because you're.
Speaker 2: You're giving up the ability to go to free agency to sign something ahead of time. If you're gonna work with the Titans on signing something early, then you're gonna have to favor some things that go in the Titans way, because you that's ultimately what a hometown discount is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy to think twenty five million dollars a hometown discount, right, Yeah, those are the cap situation I think got.
Speaker 3: Him at twenty five.
Speaker 2: It almost seemed like, oh, that's that could be seen as a win. Yeah, you get Jeff Simmons locked in long term a year before his deal's up. Now it's like that would be on Jeff to think you I think, do I believe I'd stay healthy my fifthy I'll write this fifthyr option out just because I know what I'm gonna see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but louis over his head of those two franchise tags. Yeah, so you're looking at year seven in the league. Now he is twenty eight, he's twenty eight years old playing Now he's getting a second contract, still gonna make good money, right, Still a first round draft pick, Still been franchise tag twice. He probably wouldn't get franchise tag toys because I think it's like top five over the whole league, rights five your position. I thought the first franchise tag was at and then it levels up.
Speaker 4: No, I think tag, then transition tag, but then the two franchise, the next one first round picks a franchise you again, it just I think it goes up by a percentage, like it has to be more than that, you than the one whatever.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things in the in the Titans feature that they really got to figure out because, like I think, I think I've said this on this podcast, I think Vrabel is one of the best coaches in the NFL, but eventually, like you've got to have talent to match that coaching as well. It unfortunately showed this year because you look at the two let at least last two years. Last year we had more injuries than we did this year, but last year had more. We had we had the record. Yeah, last year we had more injuries and we were still the number one seed in the AFC. But if you look at what's the major difference between last year and this year, If you look at the ir list, the guys that played last year are now the ones that I are like, your main guys other than Derrick Henry, who was got hurt Week six of the season and was a rushing leader by three hundred yards at that point. Yeah, would have in my mind easily broken that two thousand rushing records. He got what up to sixteen hundred?
Speaker 4: Right, Oh he didn't play week seventeen, which you're talking about Derek last year, oh last year, this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he's around sixteen.
Speaker 1: What do you get?
Speaker 3: What do you get the other night?
Speaker 1: Get one hundred and twenty?
Speaker 2: I think yeah, I think he probably might have just got sixteen hundred. He was top man going into that last game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think he's number two, right, Josh Jacobs than him.
Speaker 3: Nick Chubb did. Chubb was two, Derek was three.
Speaker 1: He finished two. Man Erriican Chubb have some I have a weird whether they have a rivalry or not they have a rivalry. I think they have a little rivalry. Yeah, Job is a beast to a beast. Bro around him, he assassin is he really like that he's talk He.
Speaker 4: Doesn't talk Like if you get a I mean, if you get him outside the complex hanging out, he's hilarious. Like once he stops starts talking, he's he'll be like the funniest guy in the room. But like in the complex and then on the field, you don't say a word.
Speaker 3: Business man.
Speaker 1: He scored.
Speaker 4: He like we were playing the Chargers this year, I'm blocked safety in the hole, makes a miss when it's like fifty yards for a touchdown, stiff arms Khalil Mack on the goal line, just hands the ball to the ref.
Speaker 1: And walks off the field like this guy's crazy. That's a cool that's a cool fucking deal.
Speaker 2: And me and Derek lost to Josh Jacobs though I let the league in rushing and he was somebody they didn't pick up his fifth.
Speaker 1: Year eye no, So he went in a good tweet about that.
Speaker 2: He went in this year with a massive chip on his shoulder from what I've heard.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I haven't talked to Josh or anything, but from my understanding is they were trying to shop him for like a third round picking preseason, and he's aware.
Speaker 3: He was aware of that.
Speaker 2: So him going out and leading the league in rushing like the big middle finger to everybody, like, I'll fucking show you guys, like that's you love to see that, you hope it's like, don't take any fucking discount. It's like the mindset of Jeff, Like if Jeff's going into it like you know, then I'll put I've sacrifice all this you want to see players get paid and not have all this stuff that they've used like against you and everything else.
Speaker 3: It's always like the pro pro player mentality.
Speaker 2: It's like if he they didn't pick up his fifty or they did pick up his fifty option and he was pissed about it.
Speaker 3: It's almost like, how do you navigate those waters? Like Josh? He now gets to go taste uh running back.
Speaker 1: It's probably known in the NFL feeling better than Josh. Right now, you've got to feel good.
Speaker 2: About how the the year you just had, especially again led the league in rushing on a roster where it seemed like every position was talked about except the running back.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, we got.
Speaker 2: To get running back, but we got the dog Derek Carr with DeVante Adams, Darren Waller on a renfo all those boys, and then you kind of, you know, Josh was kind of an Actressut they don't pick up his option, It's like, all right, bird to everybody, I'm about to lead the league in rushing.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the the Raiders are by far the most underachieving team in the NFL this year, Oh for sure. I mean Titans are kind of there too, right, so they had a bunch of injuries to hang their hat on its insurance.
Speaker 2: Not everyone, Like a lot of people were saying talking about the Raiders competing for the Super Bowl. When get there, I said, my hot take was the Chiefs weren't gonna make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I was obviously very wrong about that, but it was a tough.
Speaker 2: But again there's there's bias, like I'm rocking with the boys in silver and black, dude, and I thought this was gonna be the year.
Speaker 3: And it'll be the coolest uniforms in the league. You don't, you know.
Speaker 2: I still went what like five and three, I feel like on the year picking the division winners.
Speaker 3: I think like to see a better ratio.
Speaker 1: However, I had one more if Saturday worked out a little bit better.
Speaker 3: I know, Titans were one. Titans were one I picked.
Speaker 2: And there was a part of me too that was thinking about picking Jaguars at the beginning of the year, and I was like, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would have missed me off, right, Yeah, because who were talking about how it pissed off Peterson justin Lawrence. We said on this podcast, though, for those of you think we just joke around on this podcast, we legit have said Jacksonville is a good football team, they just need a good coach. You're welcome. We said that first.
Speaker 4: When they've had they had like three straight number one picks, Like I.
Speaker 1: Know, they really have just like holstered and their shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like Doug Peterson probably was a big help like him going there for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Organization dude, Yeah, with the boys pushing the cart in the same direction.
Speaker 3: What since we're talking about mindsets too.
Speaker 2: In the season abruptly ins like where where does where does the headspace go for somebody like you in your position? Again, you come in the last three weeks of the year, season's over. You see the look on everybody's face like you're not as acclimated. And it's into all the buying that the Titans did all year long for the beack. Fuck man, we didn't get it. What's it like for you now going into the off season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean when it brough abruptly ends, I mean it's just stuck. But you just like you navigate those emotions obviously I can media you are, Okay, Shoot, where am I going to be next year? I'm not going to be back here. I'm gonna be somewhere else. I'm about to live for the offseason. Is my apartment even still a thing in Cleveland?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: So just like working through it all. So yeah, I want to be back in Tennessee. Had good exit meetings, so we'll see how kind of like free agency for me shakes out.
Speaker 1: But hopefully it's back here.
Speaker 3: So you if you you're wishless, would be Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, Tennessee boy for sure.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm front not from Tennessee, but played at Tennessee. Love Nashville, Nashville Rips, National's dope.
Speaker 3: In the state is like seems like they're root for you hard.
Speaker 4: For sure, and like I've enjoyed my time in the complex, Like the guys are cool, even though I gotta cross paths with him a couple of times, but everyone's everyone's pretty cool in the complex.
Speaker 1: So it's been cool. The I wonder from the outside looking at like if I was. Since I've been on IR since week too, I've like turned myself into a fan obviously, and watching Malik the first few weeks obviously it was it was tough, right, like it's I think he had eighty eight yards passing in the last game before you started, and when you came in, it was like damn, like he really out there slinging that thing, and then everything like gets in your head like damn, like, dude, been for five days, he's done that, Like he's been able to do this at this time, like you actually and a time where there was no hope for Tennessee. You look, he gave the boys hope and I thought Saturday you were going to go in there and it was going to work out. He has had it. We'll get into that game because I really, I really do want to talk about that. But what is a what what was it like with Malik? Because knowing Malie for the short time I did obviously during Camp OTA's and stuff like that, Uh, get very charismatic, very energetic. Great dude. You just wonder if, like, is he a guy that can develop into something that people thought he was going to be when they're coming of Liberty before the draft saying he could be a top ten pick, or is this one of those things where it just is not It's not going to work out and that's no shot at Malik. That's more just like wondering, I guess like does he have it? And that's not for you to answer. My My question for you is like, how was the process between you two and like you quick coming in quickly changing in the.
Speaker 4: Guard, you know, it was good. I mean it was smooth as smooth as it can be. Yeah, you know, I know obviously, you know, being his position is probably was tough on him, and I know he would love to be out there too, playing competing.
Speaker 1: But as you said, Malik is a great dude.
Speaker 4: And so Malik and I we trained with the same guy in Atlanta, so I met him this last offseason. Actually I was getting ready for the draft and stuff just in QB training and it's a small circle. So yeah, I mean he was still the same guy throughout the whole process, extremely positive with the players, being a great teammate. It was great to me and helping me just get acclimated. And then like little things that quarterback, Hey, what's the cadence? Was the reminder to the O line, what's the communication the huddle? Just how have you guys done it? Just to make sure we're smooth on everyone. He was awesome. So, I mean, playing quarterback in the NFL is not the easiest profession and it takes time to learn how to do it.
Speaker 1: Took me time.
Speaker 4: I've had a lot of reps, even though i haven't played a lot, so I've had a lot of reps at doing it and watching guys do it at a high level. And so Malik will probably be the same process. But he seems like he works really hard, he wants, he wants to be successful. I think it starts there, So yeah, I'm excited to see how he comes back this offseason.
Speaker 2: Being a VET, if you were to give advice to a young rookie quarterback, obviously I'm saying Molik in the situation, if you're you were to give advice to a rookie quarterback going into their first offseason, what would it be.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at your career now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say one, just like take a breath, as we know that first off season. You've been going for a year and a half straight from the start of your senior year, So take a time just to take a breath and realize like how important football is to you, but also what other interests you have out there just as a human being, and just take a step back, and then from there, like February comes around. Then craft your plan of hey, what are the five things I want to get better at between now and OTAs, and work hard every day at those those things, whether it's something in the in the playbook, whether it's footwork on the field, whether it's one throw you're trying to master. But just find that rhythm, routine, consistency, because then if you find that, then once you go to OTAs, you can take that same process and then use it all the way until the season. So that's I mean, that's my biggest vice. That's what I did for myself. It took a step back, took a took a breath, figured out what I want to improve on, and then just went from there.
Speaker 2: Question for both of you guys, is there anything you guys look back on you issued a new at a younger age, like when you are navigating the first off seasons, Because I feel like a lot of guys get excited, right, they can travel, they can do a little bit more. And I'm hearing you say like good stuff, and I'm thinking, like I'm on that because it's like we can all sit here and talk about I know you both have knowledge on it, but how.
Speaker 3: Crucial routine process.
Speaker 2: All that stuff is if you're trying to be a better NFL football player at your position.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think like the people always say, like, don't take breaks, I feel like the break is really what helps you come back more uh more energized to work hard. You know, Like taking it sucks when you're done the first week of January. So taking the month just to decompress from the emotions of the season, whether you're in one spot the whole year starting or you weren't, or you were in three different spots like myself, just taking that time to decompress is so powerful, just mentally. And then when February comes, you watch the Super Bowl, You're like, that's my goal. I want to be there. And then the next week you just work hard, yeah, you know, and just get right back at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would you say? I think the break is a huge thing. My first couple of years, I like didn't take a break. I was like, when people are resting, this is when I'm gonna I'm gonna get them. And then you kind of realize that. You get into like late November December and you're like, damn, kind of burnt down. You don't really know why you don't like put that into in your head of like, oh, you have been working since forever, like since your senior year, and now you're in your second year. And so the when I saw the biggest jump from my success was we year two to year three, and that's when I actually took the longest break I did, which was like I think we didn't make the playoffs obviously, and then I took like three or four weeks like first of February, when I was like, all right, this is when we start, and it's like it's very rejuvenating. You get to like get back to neutral a little bit because you're drained, dude. The end of the season is so draining. Everything hurts always, and you're just like thinking, like, damn, I'm having to make it to this next game, right, you know, like little things because when you're out of it, like I've been out of it for so like for so long, relatively since week two. I don't have any pain in my body, like my neck doesn't hurt, but I remember being like, damn I ever felt every time my head touches something, I get a stinger like or like my ankle or whatever, and you're like, damn, this is just awful, and so you kind of forget what it feels like, and that's you're like just ready to get back into it. But if you don't take that break, then you're screwed. You kind of you put yourself in a in a deficit, like the return on investment no longer is there for you anymore after if you just keep going the whole time, you just get burnt out, right. And also, I partied a whole bunch out for my rookie years, so or you're partying the shitloading I was out in Arizona.
Speaker 3: I feel like that stuff happens.
Speaker 2: That's almost why, Like, you know why, I wanted to like raise the question in case they're having to beat There are a lot of Tier one rookies out there.
Speaker 3: I listened to this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're if you're a rookie, and you were you were a drafted rookie, like a top three round draft pick, like there is you finished the season and you're like, damn, I can't believe this season is over. But then in that same thought process, you're like, holy fuck, I got all this money all this time. You know what I'm saying you never had money, like like we all the time, or you.
Speaker 2: Didn't just have the season, but you like, like you were talking, you're training for the combine, you're going to Yeah, you're doing all the bells and every you're you're pretty much shot, you're anything. Yeah, then you get done and yes, dam I got a bank, a big account.
Speaker 1: Money in the world, in the world. What you want, you want, bro, the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me, or like that. I look back and I just go ooh, fuck, dude, that was tough. My rookie year. After my rookie year, the Super Bowls in Arizona, and I'm from Arizona, for those of you listening who don't know, I go back. I go to old town Scottsdale and it's a great spot. I'm a Cave Creek guy, like I'm more of like a small town kid. But I'm like, I'm fucking showing that ship off. I get the table. I go to l A couple of girls from high school show up. Why because they got to see they got to see that your boys made it a little day, bro. This girl I had like a bunch of money in my U in my pocket like a bunch of twenties.
Speaker 3: This girl, it's like in the air.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm really him, look at this money flying through the air. Thinking to myself, liked like not realizing that you'll be a fucking idiot right now, dude, go on a bender for four days straight. It was embarrassing. It was fucking tough. Dude. You get out of that little four day piece and you're like, I haven't really slept. I've been acting like a fucking idiot. I've been doing a lot of extracurriculars. It was a fucking tough gig for me, and it was really like a come to Jesus moment, Like mister A came and picked me up. It's a random apartment complex, wearing the same outfit I was wearing four days before, but the buttons on the shirt were like wrong. Yeah, he has a picture of me. He literally says, it's the most disappointed I've ever been in You was that I slept for like eighteen hours. Literally went to a small coma like just to say it was just bad. I haven't parted like that since. Yeah, way, I needed that. I needed that. That's hilarious. I don't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so don't learn from me. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Ship dude, it's cooler to pretend like you don't have money.
Speaker 2: It's good that you said all those things too, because I feel like every all every.
Speaker 3: I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 1: In a little bit, I was being an idiot, damn idiot. Yeah, there's more, but I don't know if I want to go into it, but not to go another time.
Speaker 3: What should we transition into next?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Jaguars Titans game. We watched the game together. Obviously it didn't go the way we wanted, but there are two plays that stick out in my head that we can go over. One is what the fuck was Trailing Burke's doing when he tossed that ball over his head? What was that a cold play? Okay? Thank god, because I literally thought, like, there's no way it's done that, Like, that's not in the playbook.
Speaker 4: What the fuck is that put that? We put that in on Friday? What ever Friday is for Thursday? Well, we were expected its like third and fifteen. They usually play like a little off zone coverage. Yeah, we thought we're gonna throw it the trailing on a slant and then they're going to rally to just tackle and then he's gonna throw it to the back, and we ran in and practiced against the defense and it worked perfectly.
Speaker 1: Really it was.
Speaker 4: It was like third and seventeen. Threw at the trailing, he threw it to the back and he got like thirty yards right, all right, A bet might as well try it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, launch that ship up in the air, dude. I was almost too and almost when he called it, though, I was surprised.
Speaker 4: I thought it was gonna be like later in the game, I have it, like all right, we need something.
Speaker 1: But that was like the second.
Speaker 4: First quarter, like the quarter, third third down of the game, oking Michigan.
Speaker 1: Running the Philly Special against TCU in the first quarter on the first drive. What are y'all doing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like late, like late the game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead. It was a late game call, yeah, for sure, like going off that like when you get a call in your headset and you know the call before you tell the boys, You're like, hey, what the fuck if I'm the quarterback and they're like, yeah, do the fun I don't want to play. What's the play called? Uh? It's called uh like tracks like a razorback for Trailing razorback and you're in your head like, holy fuck, what what was the D and D?
Speaker 4: So I was starting fifteen and we're in field goal range. I'm literally just stereo Trailer, be smart, like, don't don't do anything stupid.
Speaker 1: I don't throw it.
Speaker 4: Don't throw it like way back, they get the ball, like because we got points and we're about to start off this game on the road with points we need. We need these points, so they don't say, don't do anything dumb. And the crazy thing was it worked. It just wasn't backwards like it was literally like to really.
Speaker 1: Taught really like, oh, I can't believe, like all he's falling down, dude, I remember watch throw it through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how he got that off really either.
Speaker 1: No, just looking into Trailing's eyes before the crystal green eyes.
Speaker 3: Situation, don't do something stupid like green eyes.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, you got it or bet or something he said, and he caught that guy as he's going on, you guys, this is the perfect time. Throw this fucking ball in the air. Dude, a movie you.
Speaker 3: Know, a movie scene was going on. I'm about to be the.
Speaker 1: Hero, yes for a first down in the first quarter. First, I know, questionable call, questionable, questionable situation for you. Let you say hypothetically, it's fourth and thirteen. Defense is in a loose cover three at the sticks. I'm gonna give you an empty set. I'm gonna go three routes curled up at the sticks. They can get the first down. We put the ball in the money, and I'm going to give you two checkdowns. Where you going with the football, probably should throw it past the stick? Yeah, So I was so hot. I was hot on my bro.
Speaker 3: Everybody gets an.
Speaker 2: Extra playoff check. Trainers are getting an extra ball. You got everything on the line. You going to the sticks, you're going check.
Speaker 1: Down, probably sticks hindsight, I'll put it. I'll put it. I'll put it on me. It's straight when you when you get that ball, I was like, oh cool, they're doing another one of those lace through a bell and running barely down like thing. I was so hot. So did you know it was third down?
Speaker 3: Fourth down?
Speaker 1: You sure? Yeah? I promise, I promise. I'm not trying to be dispebbled. I guess that's hard that has happened.
Speaker 4: So I knew it was fourth down. I knew what covers they're in. It's literally like it's called three week by. So I mean they're standing at the sticks and they're standing like right where the guys are running. I told like, hey, find try to find a window and everything. I was like, I'm gonna stare at the guy over the ball. I'm gonna try to pull as many people to him as I can and try to rip it the trailing into the boundary.
Speaker 1: So I caught it.
Speaker 4: Nick Lestburgh runs with chains route and there's like four guys standing there. And then I looked right and there's like two guys standing right next to trailing like trailing.
Speaker 3: One dude was right in front of him in the corner.
Speaker 4: Like touching shoulders, and then Woody like the safety standing in front of him. So I'm like, the worst there I can do right now is take a sat And then like it was literally as I was saying that and I was about to start scrambling, it was just out of reaction and like hassan just flashing in front of my face. I threw it right through it. I was like, come back, yeah, so no, I won't suck.
Speaker 2: Like when you just replay in your head, you're like, motherfucker, why did I throw that?
Speaker 3: So you for sure you're you're thinking like every rep in your head.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you're like every repucking matters, like the resume of starting right here, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: And just like the situational places like that's one thing from the first game. I was like, all right, let's be better, Let's be a better situation, which like outside of that situation the whole game, I mean, we were moving the ball and verting third and long's like two big fourth downs, so we were much better situationally throughout the game. But yeah, in that play, was like, you know, just just give someone a chance. And I was thinking, like a couple of thirds, like yo, this is a huge third down, like to stay on the field at that play, like the play before it, I was like, all right, let's make it as the manageable of a fourth down as I can. That's why I threw the checkoutto a son to play before it. But yeah, you flashing from my face on.
Speaker 1: And it was a false start before right hoop fall started all started. They flinched you fall started.
Speaker 4: I mean they're they're i mean, their front so talented, not really, so we're trying to do everything we can to slow him down.
Speaker 3: It might have gotten better.
Speaker 1: I think they got better. I'll tell you what. I don't know if Josh Allen's gotten better, but he's gotten a lot cooler. Looking on the field, he does look dark visor everything with the sea on the chest he looks. He does look cool. He's got that perfect like build, like, oh, that dude is a dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you look you look over there like even like like Travan Walker, like he can probably like get some cooler sock swag, but like you'll get it.
Speaker 1: He's a rookie, Like, yeah, everyone has to. On the rookie you're like whatever that mat what you make, Yeah, but whatever your way.
Speaker 2: If you're trying to look cool, you're gonna get clowned on for that. If you're not doing enough, you're gonna get clowned.
Speaker 1: On for that.
Speaker 4: Man, they look the part you get out there, like the first thing you do, Like especially at quarterback, you kind of size up everyone on the field and you look at their line.
Speaker 1: They got some guys over there. Now, hey, guys, I need you to hold up a little bit, but not more than Dallas. Your first start, Dallas was the same way.
Speaker 4: Dallas was crazy because you looked at the d line, you're like Marcus Lawrence, like heard a lot about him, and you look at there, like, there's Michael Parsons, He's really good. And then you look at their cornerbacks and they're like taller than me, right, and their arms are down to their knees, Like when I can throw a go ball on that guy, he's as tall as the receiver.
Speaker 1: So you like size up everyone. They have a large, very large defense.
Speaker 3: Very large defense. On my left, it's all pause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a no pause podcast.
Speaker 2: If you're sitting there, when you're when, I'm sure you looked at the play a million times.
Speaker 3: What are you wishing you just did slightly different?
Speaker 1: Just scrambled, you know, let someone work for you. Were you under the rest? Do you have that play? I can't remember if you there was pressure or not.
Speaker 4: I think the play before I had pressure pressure, like a couple for a couple of plays. So or just scrambled, get someone a chance, work a scrambled drill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, damn, yeah, damn.
Speaker 3: I know, bro, we were dialed in, we were watching Fired Up.
Speaker 1: We were fired Up.
Speaker 3: I really thought that reminds me.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, finish your thought about the turnover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, what's your thoughts on that replay the turnover? Yeah, because what was it? That was a six minute protection with a load to the right side.
Speaker 4: To the right, and there they brought the pressure earlier. They're like, if you see two to the back, you can flipper it. But also the look like all week were like, slide to the load. Yeah, slide to the load. I mean it's Josh Allen and then it's two and third. Do you do you lineman? And then we'll pick up the game on the back side. Slide to the load. So I look at it. I'm like, I'm gonna slide to the load. And then you're bringing a safety off the edge, which I felt him. I felt him rushing, I felt him coming. I felt I felt him rushing from behind you.
Speaker 2: Was this you felt him behind he was coming behind you, coming from behind behind you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm coming up that back. I felt him rushing. So I'm gonna drift to the right and Freilan had like eight to ten yard route and so I was just trying to give him time to work off the defender, and literally a millisecond later, he catches the ball on the sideline. For a first down, because I mean, he was wide open the sideline.
Speaker 1: So that's football. So when you so you saw the overload, you're all right, they're gonna pick that up. But you knew the safety was coming, and didn't know the safety was coming.
Speaker 4: You know, the city was coming, didn't know the safety was I didn't know the situation, but it was there was a linebacker, linebacker mug and the safety. Linebacker dropped.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: With my head, linebacker drops, I'm like the back, I'm thinking the back will pick up the safety. The backs head he's thinking I got to help out with the internal game. And then the left guards thinking I got to push to the load for their games to the load. So everyone was more sliding right, and then it was kind of he became a free rusher just based off.
Speaker 1: Their scheme on damn. Yeah, damn. I thought it was a four pass. Yeah, we didn't see it.
Speaker 4: We didn't see it on the field because obviously when you're away, they never play any replays, especially of the biggest play of the game.
Speaker 1: At the Titans in the citium, they do replace. They will there will be calls that go our way, and then those show in the basement in the back. Oh, we should probably probably throw the challenge. Yeah, that's what I feel like.
Speaker 2: That's what they're supposed to do, right, They're trying to show the replays that are in your favor. But Jacksonville could have thought that's a ward pass exactly. Jacksonville could have thought, Oh, this doesn't look like it's in our favor, don't show the replay.
Speaker 1: Number two also looks very cool. He does. Look, can you go back to the uh? Lay? Yeah, I want to see this that that same play like this view.
Speaker 4: The next one is the next uh yeah, I think it's the next one.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the checkdown or you know, I'm talking about that play where he gets uh. I want to see that the whole entire thing. Man a right, and they took it to the all right, all right, something slide to the low. Yeah, okay, but there's a mug there. There's no one coming. If you're signing the load, I'm not going to say what the call is, but they're signing. These two are man and have skins is his gap is right here in this a gap because unless somebody else is coming, because his either a gap, he should be picking up that guy. If no one was coming.
Speaker 4: If they're rushing, they're rushing five. Yeah, they only brought five because okay, hey sorry, go back. Forty one ended up dropping to the field.
Speaker 1: Is this a bigger a little? That's a little. That's the linebacker. Okay, so that is that is a son's damn you trailing? Yeah, tis a crib damn And it was Josh, that's a four pas. I feel like they didn't look at it very long neither.
Speaker 2: I don't think they did either. But to me, it's like if you could have just had that grip.
Speaker 1: For just a millisecond, Yeah, millisecond.
Speaker 2: Thing, it's almost like it even though your arm's going forward a little bit with it, you can see your.
Speaker 4: You can see yeah, which I get that part of it. But with the like I get like he's hitting me for it, but the ball go your hands right, Like, here's my thing. If you you know what you go back there in QB is like sometimes they throwing the ball just slips out and goes backwards. But if it slipped down and goes forward, that's before it passed. That's the same exact situation.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Exact situation. Come buying that stock that's I think Jacksonville have won. You think then we punt, our defense stops and then we take a knee. We go home.
Speaker 3: The Titans got cheated out of a division title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go back, Uh, go back to that play. The play we were talking about the sact. What I want to see the down in distance third and third and five thirty five? How much time is left? Uh?
Speaker 4: Three minutes, three minutes we get the first down, three minutes in the game, three manus left in the game.
Speaker 1: That was right afterwards.
Speaker 3: What you got you got on your mind?
Speaker 1: Nothing, just as armchair quarter I'm armchair quarterbacking in my head right now. Third and five defense has been has been playing well. Yeah, I think why not take a very like not You could you could absolutely run it. You could absolute run the station five on third and five with two minus fifty one seconds of the game. You can run it. You could run it a very quick, high percentage throw and hope he gets the sticks because your defense. Look at the score. The defense has been playing great all game, and we have the best punter in the league. Who's gonna hit that ball fifty sixty fucking yards? You do that? You're just talking about a completely different game. Right now, three timeouts on both sides, there's a.
Speaker 4: They'll probably burn one if you run, you run it, they'll probably burn it to save it before the two minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a good point too.
Speaker 3: But third and five, you're still trying to get the first down.
Speaker 1: You're still trying to get the first down. But you gotta go with like a super high percentage throw. Then that might that might have been a high percent throw. They just they just their scheme beat our scheme in this situation with how they were setting the things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, again, it comes down to literally a millisecond. And it's totally different too.
Speaker 1: If you sit there and let's say we're not sliding to the load, and you think, all right, we got we have five guys up. Basically, why don't we just mic this guy over the left guard. Now you have five on five. Now heskin picks up that that safety off the edge. Yes, you didn't get him. That's a four pass. That's a four pass.
Speaker 4: Play live, play live, And I get like the rule where they say, all right, let's let it, let's let it, let's.
Speaker 1: Let it go.
Speaker 4: This what I was like, all right, they'll let it go. And then they'll be like, it's a four pass if you.
Speaker 1: Just saw that. No, man, you think that's a fore past.
Speaker 3: Because again he's not hitting the ball forward.
Speaker 8: No, he's saying my arm, which is like an eight nine yard throws.
Speaker 1: The exact same play. Yeah, because you try, you try to think of another argument for yours if you're being biased and if they're if y'all are playing the Patriots. When Tom was there, it's like, oh, obviously they're having bias ards the Patriots. They want them to go to the playoffs? Did it same play? We should pull up that play?
Speaker 3: You're talking about the tuck rule?
Speaker 1: No way? Hey, oh, yesterday, I want to uh the way you frame that question him about the checkdown. It was a really good job. Yeah, that was what did it good? Did you think about that before?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was kind of something I was messing with.
Speaker 2: I was telling Caleb ho I wanted to ask a question about the fourth and twelve play, like, Hey, I'm gonna give this situation where we're getting a few out, We're gonna have a check down fourth and twelve game in the line where you going with the ball? Yeah, and then he sorry, he started laughing, and Caleb was doing with Caleb Dust. Yeah, it's like painting it even more and talks about there's a forty thousand dollars check for everybody on the on the roster waiting to go to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: You get that extra Yeah, that's a face, that's a deal. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're thinking, how fuck I wanted that check?
Speaker 1: You goddamn Yeah exactly. I mean anywhere you sliced the dude. You played well in those two games. You played well enough for the Tennessee Titans to win the Dallas I don't know, like it just didn't go our away that one. They they played well too, They played well, they had more talent on the field. Like that is what it is, except washing it beat the game. You gave Tennessee an opportunity to win, and that's all at the end of days, quarterback, that's what you did. You did a great job and your second start in the NFL. Yeah, that's incredible. You have everything to be proud of. Appreciate that. Like you can nitpick yourself on the fourth and thirteen all day, but really you are There's three things that can happen when you are a backup thrust into a starting role in the league. You can play so well that this dude needs to be a start in the NFL. You can kind of stay where you're at, or you can play yourself out of the NFL and you are in those top two.
Speaker 2: And on on drop of the hat, Like again, you did that within a week ten days.
Speaker 1: Notice, let's say let's say I mean, I'm assuming Tannehill's gonna be on the on the roster next year. He's there, You're the number two. People know. Tannehill goes down like, oh, we got Josh Dopps. We're gonna be all right, we can go play, but we can go we have an opportunity to win a game exactly the season under you. But you've leveled yourself up just off of twenty days. For sure. How cool is that? It's more than that.
Speaker 4: I mean, like and that was serr sports, Like, well, why wouldn't you just like just go back to the clar even like send back to their practice squad. It's like you have to give your you have to you're not if you're not especially at quarterback, if you're not drafted in the first round, or a team doesn't say, hey, we want you to be our guy and we're gonna put you on this field until you are successful. To be the guy you have to look around and say, hey, I have to make an opportunity for myself.
Speaker 2: That's what you gotta do, and that's what you did. Yeah, is that how you feel about it too? Like, yeah, for sure, the game gets done, Like you're obviously upset. You're like, fuck, man, I would have loved to have gotten in the playoffs. But now you can kind of sit back and look at these last two weeks like you took advantage of your opportunity.
Speaker 1: Definitely see him and any doubt that might have crept into your mind over the last six years of being like, am I a start in this? Like because everybody has self doubt? Of course everybody has that you have silenced in your own head.
Speaker 4: That's those critics what you really like, and you affirm to yourself that your process works for you, you know what I mean. That's the biggest thing is when you do the process and then there's no result at the end of it, Like there's nothing, there's nothing to show for it. You're just sitting there like, Okay, yeah, I have some good preseason tape, But a lot of guys have got preseason tape, going out and actually playing like in big games, like and playing well in those moments. It's completely different than saying, yeah, you played really well in August against basic, Cover four and Cover three defenses for three weeks.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, I know it. It definitely does feel good to make the most of the situation. Wish I could have made more of the situation, you know, like not throw the checkdown.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I'm working with you on that. I mean, I'm not.
Speaker 1: But also, did you really tell Trailing to be smart with the ball on that play? For sure? All right? For sure?
Speaker 2: It's like sure and again with him there you know that you can do it. It's like six years is a long time not doubt yourself. But again, leaning back on conversations with Colt McCoy, he's like, man, because injuries would kind of hurt him to like be a full time starter, because he would he would get hurt.
Speaker 3: He's got to an injury history.
Speaker 2: He's like, man, I just want to know that everything I'm doing every day because he was very like regimented process, like first in last all that shit, bro every fucking day.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, yo, you know why you still blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And it's like, man, when I do get the opportunity, I just want to know that I can do and everything I'm doing is correct, Like I just want to prove myself that, like I can be a starter. I can't go out there and win a big game exactly. But yeah, no, that's sick, man. It does suck that. It's like the boys don't get to go into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also I didn't get a check either. I would have got a check on I R you would have got a check. Yeah, I would have got check.
Speaker 3: Remember Kyle Phillips, Yeah, I wanted to pay for his wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he think this check will pay for my wedding.
Speaker 3: This check will pay for my wedding.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, But there's a lot of guys. There's a lot of guys on the Titans roster that I think made themselves money. Like I think Jordan Russ went out and I think he played really well. He plays hard. I think Corey Levin went out there and made some money for himself. Like those are the.
Speaker 3: Guys that I've rooted for. But I like, I'm not in alignment, so I don't know if.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought, I thought Jordan, I think he's been starting for five weeks. I think he is. He played good, like, not hey did you did? You did? All right? Well, he played good football a couple you want back here and there. But I think he proved he proved a lot of people wrong. And I think Corey did the same thing because Corey's not the same person he was draft is the same draft class as year seventeen.
Speaker 4: Corey's like stories very similar to mine. Yeah, we were talking, like I was talking to him on the plane last night. Was that yesterday two days ago? It'sa alill blur And he was like, yeah, that was just my fourth start. Like Corey, it was just your fourth start last night. He's like, yeah, that was your second. That's crazy. COR's the best that he is awesome, He's super smart. Yeah, but the way he talks, like is this guy.
Speaker 3: Where he's coming out slower than he's so dude.
Speaker 1: He thinks fast and talks slow. He is the dude though, Like when he got here in twenty seventeen, I don't think he was a guy that I perceived as being happy to be on the football team, like happy to be in the NFL I've made it because I'm here right now. Yeah, just thankful for yeah being in the room. Yeah. And then he uh, he got cut. I think he went to the Jets and then he went to Denver and we had to the Bears, and the Bears too for a hot second, kind of like really in a big limbo part of his life gets a I guess a fourth chance in Tennessee again and is A was a completely different person still same great personality, still talked real slow. But he was definitely one of those guys that I could see he has made like a maturity growth being like I'm not satisfied with just being on a roster, and I think I think the boy made himself some money this the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: You're out of role to know that you're a defendable, you're a dependable backup emergency situation, which is.
Speaker 1: I think Corey could be a starter in the NFL, and I do believe Jordan Ruse can be also.
Speaker 3: I feel what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying from situations like that, you almost need the confidence to know I've carved out, like I'm going to be on a roster next year. Now I get to take advantage of actually competing for a job, because when you're in and out of it that you're almost thinking like, man, what situation can I get into?
Speaker 3: Make the roster?
Speaker 2: And then you get to play a few games and you almost feel like, Okay, I've earned myself some money, meaning like I've earned myself a fifty three man spot. Now how can I look at There's a whole different winning a job.
Speaker 1: Different headspace, yeah, yeah, different headspace. Yeah. Because Jordan's stayed with me. His family was in Texas and during camp when they released the veteran Jordan's like, I don't I don't want to stay in the hotel. Can I stay at your house? So he didn't. We would drive together to practice, we would go we would constantly talk about like his situation because he would lean on me because obviously being somewhere knowing that I'm gonna have a role on this team and what I'm gonna be, he would lean on me, and I would just kind of like get Look, he gave him a letter grade every day. I was like, you did this well. I thought you could have done this better. Blah blah blah. But put a really good camp together, and I think it was really looking where because at first it was him, Daniel Munyer and Corey and there's always you know how camp is, there's always like battles within the position group, and that was his battle per se. Munyar gets hurt in one of the scrimmage practices we have, and I'm hurt for Monier because that's my boy. But Jordan he's sat for Monyar too, But at the same time, he's thinking, I got an opportunity. That's one off the list right there. Nate has a couple of things. Corey he starts feeling more into a center role. So I'm looking at the end of camp thinking, oh, my boy's gonna make this team. Like he's literally willed himself into it. Had a great camp, played hard. I think he had a tough last preseason game and he was really it was really weighing on him. And then two days before the active roster's done, we traded for Dennis Daly and I think that's the one that took him out of the race because he was a guy for that moment took him out and because he asked me like, what do you think, I'm like, well, I don't know the kid. I don't know Dennis Daly very well. I know him better now obviously, but I was like, it seems like a tackle, all right.
Speaker 2: I think they.
Speaker 1: They traded. I thought they were trading for a tackle because there was a whole situation with Dylan Raiden's he and Nick were fighting for the tackle spot. Then Nick wins that I think they're now trying to play Dylan in an inside three position, which also puts a little more pressure on Ruse, and they bring Dennison to be the backup tackle. Obviously a week into it, Dennis was thrust into a starting job. But that's what It's crazy. How you do all the right things and now he's fucking out, you know what I'm saying. But and then on the other hand, he sits there, he works hard, gets elevated, sits around for ten weeks. He's making activated money. He's grinding. Guy's a workhorse. Also, you're a workhorse too. I saw you in that weight room a few times. You were getting after it. Appreciated that wait on. But I'm proud of I'm proud of Rus. I think I think his year is like just the grinder. He's a grinder that's literally making his NFL dream work and I'm fucking proud of that guy's doing a great job.
Speaker 4: So the stories are like awesome because it's like, shoot, you just you got grind.
Speaker 1: You just keep grinding, keep grinding, crying the way, keep chipping away.
Speaker 2: See like, I feel like you can see all the all those guys, right, and then you see the decisions made by one half and then decisions made by.
Speaker 3: The other half. The other half kind of.
Speaker 2: Like you know, gets weeded out of the process, and you're kind of just you watch Ruse do his thing and you're just thinking, man, like, how fucking I'm rooting for him?
Speaker 3: Because this motherfucker does all things.
Speaker 1: Everything right right, and then three times themselves out of the league. He was late to meetings three times. You never slept three times this year. And I will publicly say that Jordan Ruse, he needs that accountability. I got almost everything.
Speaker 3: Well probably. Yeah, that's gonna be tough from me here than on a public platform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really be tough on there. But I've already said so many nice things. There's gotta be something. I have a dragon for the ball. It takes his one jab and he's flat. It's like the comments on Twitter. Did you see ten good ones and one bad one? Now one bad one? Things way worse about a chugging ability? And he was flustered. Yeah, but you're fast, like you, you shouldn't talk about peoples chuggability because of you're incredible.
Speaker 3: I understand that, but I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: All I had to do is tell Jordan like, oh yeah, Taylor murked you what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: And he was bamboozled for like the next two months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, easily rattled Jordan Russ. That's tough. That's a tough pendulum swing on him just now, because there were so many good things about him. He was started that that's on me, that's on me. That's tough.
Speaker 3: What do we talk about now? This dude is an aerospace engineer. Yeah, I don't that's true.
Speaker 1: That's truewit certified rocket, certified rocket scientist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a certified rocket scientist.
Speaker 1: Was on my Twitter. I thought that that was the coolest thing.
Speaker 4: I've changed it when when I graduated, it's like certified rocket scientists.
Speaker 2: You know, that is insane. It's almost like the default thing you want to be when you grow up. You're just the youngest want to be a rocket scientist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what does that even mean? You you scientifically know rockets now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, like build you a rocket, go to space general studies major. One of my classes was astronautics, and it was like actually pretty mind blowing because it was literally like space travel, so you were you were doing. It's called like Homan transfers and non Homan transfers. So just like talking about like trajectory, what are those two words, what are those words mean? Homeland transfer? Like rocket is going to like you're trying to send a rocket from like Earth to Mars, like Earth to another planet, just like the math and.
Speaker 1: Stuff around it. You're gonna love our tier talk. What's what's that? You'll find out a little bit. Okay, don't worry, it's what you're talking about. But very dumb down eight year olds are gonna love this part of the show. Perfect. What was your one question going to be?
Speaker 3: Is time travel real?
Speaker 4: So my time traveling my time travel traveling piece is it's like so like time is the fourth dimension in our world, So like you had if you're in a two two dimensional world, no, no, no, it's so unbelievable. If you're in a two d world. Like if you're two D world like a picture book, right, you got two dimensions, the third dimensions time, so it's like the ability.
Speaker 1: The fourth thoughtally the fourth dimension. We're in a two D world. Now we went back.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you, like you have a book, it's two D, so the third dimension will be times, like the ability to like just flip the page pages and like go from a different spot in the book. So like in our three dimensional world, time is the fourth dimension. So if you could time travel, you have to be four dimensional in the three dimensional world.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, yeah, okay, So I understood what you said kind of, but I don't think you answered the question said.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's time travel is real at the moment because I feel like I saw like one thing. One theory is like if time travel is real, like, time travel can't be real until the day someone creates a time machine, because then you can time travel backwards and force to that point. But until someone creates a time machine, you can't time travel to an area of time where there's no time machine.
Speaker 3: Do you think the potential's out there?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Have you ever seen an interstellar I have seen an interstellar fire. Okay, hold on, so hold on, that's the.
Speaker 3: Four D.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like before you could just pick where he wanted to go in the three DIMENSIONLD because it's in the fourth dimension.
Speaker 1: So if time time travel is only real when time travel is made when there's a time machine made, when a time machine made. So if the time machine was made right now, and it was right outside this building, and we said, okay, we're gonna time travel. We can only travel to the future, we can't travel to the past.
Speaker 4: Interesting, you want to know what's the theory I just saw. I don't know if that's true. No, we're gonna take that as facts right out. That's you just gave me all the information I now know about time travel.
Speaker 1: Like that is that's a fucking it.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy is like, say, the potential to create that is out there the moment it gets made, and you can time travel.
Speaker 3: Our future selves already knew we were going to come up with.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, because they look at their history books and say, oh, twenty twenty two is.
Speaker 2: When he's out behind the library right now, a bookshelf, just yelling.
Speaker 3: Do this do that? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he knows that it is going to come at some point. What massive implications are there on our species human beings with travel with no with time travel being able for the common man to do, isn't that extremely dangerous? I think so, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: What's your opinion?
Speaker 1: Do you think rot science?
Speaker 3: Come correct, brother, because.
Speaker 4: Now we're talking about the butterfly fact? Well, like being a rocket science so fun because people a great movie. People are like, you got to know everything, like you becoming rock sided. People ask me about everything, like I don't. I don't know everything. I just know like rocket sciences stuff, so like time travel, like I know, like I know the couple.
Speaker 3: No rocket science.
Speaker 1: You think you all I know. I'm just a man, but I do know rocket science. They're not all knowing. You know.
Speaker 3: When you're done playing ball? Then what do you want to do with that?
Speaker 1: Show it off on podcasts? Show it off on PA be like, uh, what's the podcast? What's that?
Speaker 4: What's the guy that goes on the podcast and talks uh the astrophysicists. Yeah, Neil de grasse be like him in talk circles around people. No, I won't, I won't. I won't do that. You have my attention. Wow, So I've done stuff at NASA, like I want to get my pilot license this off season.
Speaker 1: Nothing'm gonna do that? Why wherever? I think that would be dope like stuff like that. I really like aviation.
Speaker 4: I really like aviation, like stuff like growing up, planes was always my passion. I started aerospace engineering because aeronautical engineering would be just aviation. Aerospace engineering is aviation and space, so you get both just to see the differences. But I really like aviation. I think that would be that be something really cool to get into passions.
Speaker 1: If planes have always been your passion since you were a little kid, why are you waiting? Why have you waited till now to get your polot license?
Speaker 4: I haven't had any time, honestly interesting, but like the last off seasons, Like my first off season, I did a externship of fanatics, just like learning, like how they grew their company from a business standpoint, to learn business. Second off season I was with NASA. Third off season I was with NASA. Fourth off season was COVID, so nothing was going on. I was with this stuff at NASA. So I just like haven't really like had the time or just been in I guess the physical place to be able to do it. So this off season really like where I got the point. So I got released from Cleveland end I'm going to practice squad as we all know, and so I was sitting there, I was like, yes, I'm like I have to learn a playbook and everything, but I also I want to be really productive.
Speaker 1: With my time.
Speaker 4: I was like, it'll be something like cool to like set myself up for the off season. So I started taking the pilot's class. I was like, I'm gonna get my pilot's license. So I started taking the class and stuff. So I was doing that like in my free time. And then obviously since I got here, I haven't looked at it once because I had to you know, play but yeah, so I kind of like saw that.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I want to do that this off season, so I'm gonna do it. There you and that fires me up. Do you know what plenty want to fly in?
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna do it with serious over in Knoxville. Yeah, they make a lot of single engine jets and planes, so I want to fly in one of their jets.
Speaker 1: So I'll probably training your planet. You want to train in a jet? No, excuse me one of their planes.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna get like a jet license that takes like a lot of a lot of hours, the fourth license down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do like the forty hour one, where's like twenty twenty one days like hard training and be awesome.
Speaker 1: You can just go fly wherever. It'd be awesome. Are your instrument as well? Uh? Probably, yeah, in time, if I have enough time to do it. But man, that is sick because serious is like the new coming of age single prop planes. Yeah, they have the thing called s R twenty two little doors that kind of come up. They're like all carbon fiber like the Lamborghini like butterfly doors. Yeah, they're sick.
Speaker 4: They're awesome custom make if you want to get one, they're on back order. I can't really fully afford, like I act my own one, but if you when you when I can, like you can get one like super decked out customized like they're dope.
Speaker 1: Second picture on the right, that's their their serious business jet.
Speaker 3: That one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that thing legit. You will sit in it and it's like an extended sitting in an extended suburban suv.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's super comfortable.
Speaker 4: There was a single single engine, so the engine problems, they have a parachute at the poise that for like as its safety feature. Yeah, and it's actually they've actually had to do it like a couple of times, and they say, like, every time we do it, it's really cool because it just reconfirms that even though it's a single engine jet, like, we still have redundancies to make sure everyone's safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if, like the pilot gets incapacitated, there's a button on top of the roof. You just press that button and the computer will locate the nearest airport and land for you. No, you don't touch nothing. Jesus.
Speaker 3: So you like you enjoy like flying around more than you do like being in space.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I haven't been. I haven't been to space.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, do you aspire to go to space?
Speaker 1: That was that was a great comeback.
Speaker 3: Said it.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, yeah, he has no we have to we have to be okay with the fact that we know we're sitting with a man that's much smarter than us. Sure, I hope to gain whatever knowledge he has to give us, whatever droplets of information we can take.
Speaker 3: We got to soak that in but laughing at me for dumb questions.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no, I'm telling you it's okay.
Speaker 4: I want to go to space, I would say, like I've like thought about it. So every time I go to NASA, the first thing they asked me is like, but when you're gonna start astronaut training? I'm like, dang, you guys are like really serious about this, Like they have me do a whole promo for them for getting people to sign up to be the astronauts and everything, like they're really Like the Bob Cabana He's the head of Kennedy Space. Every time I see him, he's like, you know, when are you? When are you gonna come work for me and go to space? Like, damn man, you're really serious about this thing. So I think I think in time, like I probably would. I think that'll be really cool. Yeah, I'm in no rush to do it, like at this point, but with all this stuff going like so much commercial space opportunities are out there, so I think I think it's something I would do down the road.
Speaker 3: Would you want an internship with SpaceX?
Speaker 1: Internship with SpaceX?
Speaker 4: I would want to go see what they do because like, just so I've so they have a big site down NASA and Florida, and they say, like just talking with the NASA people, like those SpaceX engineers work around the clock. So I went over there, and so they have won the launch pads. They have two launch pass down there, so when they saw their launch paths and they have their landing zone where they land their rockets like at the space station after they detach. And so just like I've been around them, like I've seen their operation. Those people work like around the clock. I guess, like what they what they've done for the space industry, They've they've changed the game just because of how often, like how much they work, like how many strides they take forward and shorts amount of time, how many rockets they launch. When they launch a rocket like every week and then they land it and reuse it and then launch it again.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, Musk is the answer.
Speaker 4: But I think I think or Twitter, I'll for Twitter. I don't only get I don't only get kicked off Twitter.
Speaker 3: That's hot. But I just wanted to ask that question so that way we had it for whatever clip we want to make.
Speaker 4: In case I think exactly, I mean, he's changing the game like, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, do you think he could easily become a villain?
Speaker 4: Do I think he could become I mean, I think he has the power to. I don't think he would because everything, everything that he's done literally has helped.
Speaker 1: To civilization, like work smoother, like that's how it starts.
Speaker 4: Start starlink, they're watching Wi Fi for literally anywhere anywhere in the world you can have Wi Fi Tesla. We know what Tesla's doing with electric cars, you know, and he's like, all the strides that NASA will make to go to the Moon, go to Mars happen because they have companies like SpaceX pushing the.
Speaker 1: Envelope on everything that they're doing. So that's a rocket sciences answer, that's right. So obviously I don't think you're going to have the answer, and if you do, I can't wait. What is the future for space travel for the normal, for like the general population. So that's a great question.
Speaker 3: For president one day.
Speaker 4: I would say, like in the next the next twenty years, people will be like going to the Moon, and I won't won't be it won't be an odd occurrence that normal civilisits normal civilians. They want to go to the Moon, they'll have the ability to do it. I think like there will be people on Mars too soon. I don't know, like how soon people like what farming like, are they like.
Speaker 1: You want to go on Mars?
Speaker 4: I mean they're training astronauts to go to Mars actively and live there. Yeah, dude, I mean so the NASA, So I worked on the NASA Artemist project that was to go back to the Moon. So the rocket that I was like working around launched the beginning of December or end of November I believe, and so that was I was unmanned, went to the Moon. It's like a twenty day mission. The circles around the Moon came back. But it is for the next launch in a couple of years where they're going to be rebuild the rocket. It's going to take people to the Moon and then like the fourth iteration of that rocket is to go to Mars and then to take people to Mars.
Speaker 1: So it's close, it's very close.
Speaker 4: NASA works slower because there's a lot of red tape, there's a lot of political things around it. I mean the president changes every four or eight years, and that really changes, like NASA and like how fast that they can work and move forward. But because the commercial companies want to do it, the government will want to do it, and like, so it's going to happen soon. And because also like people are interested in it. People are interested in space. People want to go to space. It's that cool now like it was in the sixties. So that'll be something. People will be going to the moon and then shoot Mars as well.
Speaker 3: Is Josh EU's the smartest guest we've ever had on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Off the top of my head, yeah, him, and I think number two would probably be a Burt Kreischer. It's a big drop off. It's a big it's a big drop firstas phenomenally, he's a very smart individual. He ain't no rockets some of those.
Speaker 3: Things where Josh, you're talking, You're just like, oh yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 1: I'm legit, like learning. I feel like I'm like, yeah, I'm enjoying this, appreciate that. Imagine being the first, like the first group of guys and gals that are like, all right, you guys want to go to the moon, and it's like fuck, hey, let's go. And then like week out that's in like we're the first ones to do this, Like for vacation too.
Speaker 2: You remember vacation, like how we're going to Cabo, Like it's hey, I'm getting this tickets, Let's go to the moon for five nights.
Speaker 1: Yeah I heard. It's great this time of year. Let's go check it out. Yeah dude, Uh what was that? Was that in the nineties when like they sent like teachers up to space and that that blew up? Yeah, I don't challenger, I want to disquote it. Challenger. Yeah, so they have your school bus gone wrong? So yo, dude, So NASA has.
Speaker 3: A statement your school bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I got the joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tough joke.
Speaker 4: They have a room in the v A B down there where's dedicated to to the ash and they make all the commercial companies, like all the engineers that come through NASA. You have to go in the room and you literally see the wreckage. You see parts of the shuttle that they went and found and put in the room, all the records and stuff. Just as a reminder that, like every day that you're working, it might be monotonous. It might be she's been ten years since they've launched a rocket, but you put people on the rocket, you know it's actually souls going to space and your work. You know, even though you're looking at the math and it's important, it's even more important with the life factor.
Speaker 1: So it's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: It's like you going there, you know, you're like, oh, a NASA school, and then you walk in there just puts it all into perspective.
Speaker 1: Fuck man, crazy, too good for this bus? Hey, before before we do tier talk. While you were talking, I forgot about some part of our conversation. Okay, okay, okay, hurry up and pee. Though you said that you and I have had a couple run ins before when we ran into each other before, I was just talking about the complex, Okay. I don't know if there was like a drunken stupidly now I always got losers or something. And you're like, yeah, you were, Actually what's that I saw bender in Arizona was crazy? Yeah, a riot house in Arizona, dude, or the super Bowl that literally was the spot too. Always old town. I can't stay in old town like that. Though. Old town was fun for like a couple of days. And then you're like, I'm good, I know, but I just see when I grew up in Arizona, I gre up in Cave Creek and My mom would always have like this personal vendetta against everybody that lives in Scotsdale. We get down there and you see the street signs start to change. You of these rich fucks like they're a bunchet, like you would like implement like money. Money's yeah, Money's the enemy in my mind. So I get down to Scotstone, like all these fake people out here. I still like at thirty one, I had that scene like programming in my head. I gotta get over that. I gotta I gotta move on from that. Uh. But yeah, old Town is every girl from my not every girl, but most of the girls from my high school, Like they go to college and then they get jobs at like Bottle Blonde and stuff like that. So look key when you go back, when you go back to visit, you're like you kind of feel like the man because you know a whole bunch of one. You're like, you can go. What's crazy to me is like when I was at that age, I'd be like, yeah, this is sick. And then you'd see like some thirty year old guy and you're like, what are you doing now? I'd like think to myself, if I go to Old Town, I'm like, I'm fucking that thirty year old guy. I missed an old fuck now, No, you can go screw it man. Yeah, I guess may probably not all right. Tier talk. So the way tier Talk's going to work is we're basically tier like the way we UH talk about our audience. We have Tier one fans like they would drink the kool aid. They're in the cult, they're about the business. Peer two is like just under Tier one. Obviously they're like they watched, they listen, but they're not like extremely diehard fans. And there's a tier Tier threes who are like basic viewers. So in tier talk, we have our category, which today is jack planets, best planets, best planets, a lot of things. I might we might have a God tier on our hands. To you boys, we might have a God tier. So the whole idea behind that is, I you're gonna go three to one. You can have an honorable mention in there if you want, and then it's going to be uh your third favorite, second favorite, and first favorite planets planets after you finish. And there's a lot of gentlemen on this bus today. I hope the camera can get the camera of everybody on the bus. Plus, everybody will go around with their microphone and give one word to describe how they felt about your tier talk. Okay, so there's a lot of pressure here. I'm the only one doing it. No, we're all gonna do it, you, me and Will. It's gonna be a good deal. It's just best okay, best planets. I know it's a weird. That's why I said like, it's very elementary.
Speaker 3: I uh, I kind of know.
Speaker 1: I know what my honorable mention is for sure, and I know what my tier one is.
Speaker 3: Would you.
Speaker 1: I think we might have got here God teers is like you, Me and Will just like say, like our favorite planet is this, It becomes God's here. Now You're tier two? Is now your tier one? Tier three? Blah blah blah. You have to find a new tier three. Always start us off.
Speaker 2: I gotta start yourself with the tier talk. Yeah, planets, I can't prepare it. My tier three, no honorable mentions. God knows it won't make the graphic. Although it is a new year, new US, new year, new US.
Speaker 3: Your news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you put the honorable mentions in the graphic now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honorable mention. No, I know we're listening.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be met with that kind of defense.
Speaker 2: We're doing the thing right now, we're trying to do a bit. Just honorable mention. Shout out to Pluto. I would love to shout out Pluto. I feel like it's somebody you kind of want to get to know planet right, They got exiled, they kind of get kicked out of the classroom. You kind of want to know a little bit about their story. Maybe they got something going on. But I'm gonna give an honorable mention shout.
Speaker 1: Out to Pluto's mine.
Speaker 3: You maye me go first, you may be go no.
Speaker 1: I don't think you think of it. I don't think you think of it.
Speaker 2: My Tier three is going to go to Planet l V twelve oh one. You guys might be wondering what that's from. It's it's home to one of the best crossover series that have been made, Alien Versus Predator.
Speaker 3: It's the breeding ground.
Speaker 2: It's planet where it's infested with aliens and predators come every now and in the hunt big game, and they call that that's that's their sport. So my Tier three is gonna go to Planet LV twelve zero one.
Speaker 3: My Tier two.
Speaker 2: The Year of getting Jack twenty twenty three my shot. My tier two goes to planet fitness. So by making gains and twenty twenty three boys and getting Jack and getting sculpted is one of them. My tier two is planet fitness, my tier one, and my tier one is true and dear to my heart, it's a shout out, it's a it's a tip of the cap to a Star Wars Dagleba dagle ba is a dagglebar diglebag goo bah.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's true and dear to my heart. I can't always pronounce the words correctly. I'm not on that Alpha Bran black lebel right now. But that's where Yoda was lived in exile after the third Star Wars in the series, in the swampy forest in the swampy Forest, and brought the hope, the Jedi hope back by training Luke Skywalker and teaching him the ways of the Force. A lot of law of attraction, biblical foundational teachings and philosophies come out of that movie, and it started one that's my tier one that runs on my list of favorite planets.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good.
Speaker 2: You're kind of thinking about the planets nic my list is a little different, all right, one word bloss.
Speaker 9: The elite, thank you, blass, nice, fictional, right, hilarious, I love it.
Speaker 2: Wrong, he gets it. He knows that he understands. What's your word to describe my tier?
Speaker 1: Talk? Solid?
Speaker 3: Just okay, it's the.
Speaker 1: First word date in my head. Imaginative, thank you? Good word? Do I get?
Speaker 3: Ask Thomas why he's a fucking hater? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, ask him. I want to get one word to respond. Now, you can describe it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's up with describe it?
Speaker 5: Go ba?
Speaker 10: You know, I just I wasn't thinking in the confine. I was thinking of the confines of our eight planets in reality, you know, not necessarily businesses or fake planets.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I guess it's not no hate Big Star Wars guys. Sounds like Thomas has really just falling into a lack of imagination. You forgot the child and you Yeah, I will.
Speaker 10: I'm a total serious guy. There's nothing in me that your beanie says it all. Yeah, my yellow and orange together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, small town thinking. You're only thinking in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in the box.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we figured out this is a you problem, not a Will problem.
Speaker 3: That's that's in the box. Yeah, but out of the galaxy.
Speaker 1: Brother, it's not me. Man, thanks wrong, But you want to go? You want me to go?
Speaker 3: Or should you? Sure? Do you want Taylor to go?
Speaker 1: I'll go because I don't. I don't want to go. Last, because I don't think mine's gonna be that great. Well, that kind of attitude, I won't. All right, I'll go. The first off, I want to give a shout out to Will Compton. I think he did a phenomenal job there. I am going to give an honorable mention. My honorable mention will be the same as Will's. It's gonna go to Pluto. When I was in third grade, that motherfucker was a planet. Now all of a sudden, you're trying to tell me it's not a planet. Take out my fucking school, and then I had, fuck you school, that is a planet. And I think it was done wrong. I think it was very disrespectful what they did to Pluto. And I think Pluto needs its day. Pluto needs to be talked about more fucking free Pluto, dude, because this is out in the conference. When I was googling shit, it literally had the eight planets and they made the planets big enough to where they had the stuff out Pluto's little lass. Like, put Pluto back in the fucking image and just put Pluto, dude, and just.
Speaker 3: Go from there.
Speaker 4: I don't want to cut you off, but Pluto hasn't gone one lap around the Earth in your life. I mean one lap around the Sun in Earth?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? I mean it's like, it's not a planet.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's follower.
Speaker 1: He's followers by its own drums. It's not y'all just want to go in circles all day. I'm out here doing you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Let me be the longest time to get around.
Speaker 1: You see how follow mo fucker's out there. You can't even see it. Yeah, we really Jupiter sometimes, that bag ass piece of shit, my tier two, it's gonna go to Neptune, that big blue sorry, my tier three, not my tier two. My Tier three is gonna go to Neptune. That planet is overshadowed by Jupiter, that big ass ball of whatever with that little fucking is that Jupiter with all the gas. It's really big and has that cool hole. Yeah, all right, Neptune, the red Neptune, low key, the only reason why it's in my tier talk is anytime I saw a picture, I thought to myself, that's a cute ass planet. That thing's blue, It's beautiful, and I love it. I like Neptune, dude. I like Neptune a lot.
Speaker 3: Neptune.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my Tier two is Youranus, and you can probably pick together why I thought Tier two should be Uranus, dude, because I think it's somewhere we all want to be. We all want to be in Uranus.
Speaker 3: Will you like fingering?
Speaker 1: Dude? Dude? What are you talking about? You do something twice, dude, and all of a sudden you're a bad guy. Why mean, dude? What do you mean? Bro? I'm a bad dude, dude because I like whatever. I fuck with your anis, Dude, I messed with your anis and my Tier one salute to the earth, dude. You got water, you got gravel, you got that good ass oxygen. People can breathe wherever they want around there. People are bitching about the trees and stuff too.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: They were the only place that you can just get out and go and be all right without a doubt, without a dumb ass mask on. You be grateful. Yeah, we could probably save more trees. Plant a couple, dude. We should do that this year for twenty twenty three. I only get Jack, but planet a couple of trees. Help out this beautiful earth. That is my tiar Talk the Earth get jacked. Help the Earth get Jack, dude, helpe the Earth get Jack. I will before you guys, do your one word. I didn't like that. I was interrupted multiple times. All right, do it if you need to put that into one year one word, that's fine. But just know that pissed me off a little bit. Dude, that's fair. That is yeah.
Speaker 2: I apologize too, Thank you. My question was going to be like, why were you so angry persenting the whole time?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was passionate, dude, No, but ugly ass you got mad. I got mad about Pluto because I remember being I remember being in third grade being like, that's a cute ass little dot like hanging out, and then all of a sudden it was just gone and there was really no explanation there, just like, no, it's a star or what is it a star? The thing is a satellite? Considered a satellite? Now either is her WiFi?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: How is it?
Speaker 3: Is it a satellite? Neptune.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Neptune. Neptune. Neptu is massive, massive, Just too small, that's it. Yeah, it's just too small.
Speaker 3: He got the little guy. That's crazy, dude, you.
Speaker 1: Know, rules at me. I'm just reporting the news. Darren Sproles was too small there, look at him. Proven the hater is wrong. My boy Deuce out in Kansas State. They said he was too small. Blake Krn was too small. We'll see, we'll see. Just can't be football players. Just it'll be.
Speaker 3: Difference.
Speaker 1: So I apologize for my anger coming out, but Pluto did rough me up a little bit. Boyce one word passionate, thank you vulgar intergalactic mm hmmm, intense, grateful, thank you, cosmic invigorating passion. I'll think all this, I'll think all.
Speaker 4: Yours is very truthful. I'm like Will's his His was a little fantasy, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I loved I'm coming from the Heartwell.
Speaker 1: Also, before you go, Mitch, I feel like you just find out a word in your head and regardless of what anyone says, like you this, that's what you do in intergalactic. It was a cool word, and I enjoyed that. But I also thought to myself, that's not genuine. That's just something he thought to himself as he was talking, and he's like, Oh, it's a cool big word I'm gonna say. And you got what you wanted?
Speaker 3: Did you really buzz light? Youer said this in toy story. I'm gonna use that.
Speaker 4: Hi, Josh, you're up, dude, I'm up, all right, My honorable mention to start because everyone pronounces it wrong. It's Uranus, not Youurinus only for his pronunciation issues, all right? Tier three. Tier three will start with Venus is Earth's evil twin. I just think it's sick, like if you just look at the science behind it. They have like crazy hailstorms. It's just an intense planet. My Tier two is Mars because it's the future of human civilization, is where we're going next. And my Tier one is Earth, just like Taylor, thankful to be here?
Speaker 2: Why is Earth? Why is Earth and Venus? Why are they considered twins? Because we live on Venus.
Speaker 4: They're the same size, same mass, But like everything Earth has, like oxygen and nitrogen, like Venus has the exact opposite, So no, we can't.
Speaker 1: Live what's the opposite of? For those people that don't know, I think.
Speaker 4: It's like very high. I think like carbon diog. I don't know all the science, but I did it. I learned it one time. I was like, oh that sounds pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just love the fact that you asked the question because you're like, I'm sure people out there like like we're all in class right now.
Speaker 1: Question. Yeah, Hey, well you just cost you cost all over me like spin in my arm.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I don't think I think all right anything?
Speaker 1: All right? One word bloss.
Speaker 3: Knowledge mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Stellar, Here we go. It comes straightforward words. That's a hyphen hyphenated words here. Educated. Uh, you better not say it again.
Speaker 8: Smart, Yeah, thanks malone, hyphen milky way mm hmm yeah, informative.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That was good, dude, that was good.
Speaker 2: Should be included them on a shot out No Free SHADOWT if we want to you, are you familiar with shoutout No Free SHADOWT?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: So you've never watched an episode?
Speaker 1: I've watched it. I haven't watched a full episode. You just watched the clips. Fair Tier three of you.
Speaker 3: We have a lot. We have a big Tier three fan base.
Speaker 1: Okay, so shout Out No Free Shadow is our favorite segment of the week. The way we phrase shout out, no free shadow is on this podcast, We're not going to shout you off. We're not gonna shout you out. You got to you gotta pay to play in this game. This is our opportunity to dish out a couple of shout outs to those small little things in life that maybe are overlooked or underappreciated. So we will all go first, and then you may have the floor if you would like to bloss just us. All right, do you want to go first? Time? We go first? Go ahead.
Speaker 3: It happened this morning. Oh my shout out, no free shout out goes to.
Speaker 1: I forget how mana are you want me to? My shout out, no free shout out goes to when you're at the cash register and you're speaking to somebody and they look at you and they say, all right, that'll be however much money at twelve forty nine and you put your credit card in and then they take the little white thing and they spin it back to them and they don't give themselves a tip because they realize they turn it too fast, and they press no tip. They were the bad guy for themselves. They took that extra initiative. Yeah, and so you kind of walk away being like, damn, they actually deserve a tip now for not taking a tip for themselves. But the integrity of that individual. Wow, that's incredible. The good shout out, thank you much about that. On the SPOS.
Speaker 2: My shout out, no free shoutout goes to love at first taste when you get that when you take it, whether it's a swig, have that first bite and you get that electric shock down both your jaws that you just tasted something nice, dude, go out to that little subtle difference that mixed in your day because when you take something this but it was after a hard workout.
Speaker 3: I took a h I took a.
Speaker 2: Drink of that drink you put me on, yeah, Celsius, Celsius, so Celsius drinks. I took the little peach flavored and it rocked my job, dude, And I was like, dude, I'm in heaven. Yeah, I'm glad to be out of this workout sipping some liquid with the boys. So my shout out, my shout out, no free shoutout goes to love at first taste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a good one dude there at the end.
Speaker 3: But I was tripping a little bit, but I caught myself.
Speaker 1: All right, Josh, do you want to give one. I'll give one. I'll give one.
Speaker 4: My shoutout, no free shadows, I say, all right. My shout out, no free shoudout goes to sleeping your own bed. You know when you when you're traveling on the road, you haven't been home for a long time. Just the first time you're able to look at your bed, jumping in and sleeping. It just that sensation of being home.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a good, good shout out because them covers will touch you nice.
Speaker 3: Bro the next way, Yeah, then you're rock up next second. You don't know what to do. You're like, am I gonna go to bed right now?
Speaker 1: I am?
Speaker 3: I gonna finish this boy off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what's what you start like straightening your legs is stiffening your legs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, what are we doing? He kind of comes out the seat you Yeah, dude, nothing like jerking off in your own bed. Shout out. That was Josh Jobs. Is jerking off in your own bed, Josh Jobs. There is a nice little deal when you get in like a from the opposite Like you get in a hotel room. You locked that door and the night is over. An eric ass, little watery ass lotion, You're like you're about to have hell. You look at your little buddy and you go, you know what's up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: See, I'm lazy though, I don't think uh, I don't think lotion, Like I want my hands to kind of stay dry, so I just get that rag.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, I'm rag. I'm straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think that little that little water lotion needs the Yeah, hotel.
Speaker 3: Room, you gotta get up and go wash your hands after?
Speaker 1: Nah, I don't you just wipe it with the same Yeah, I kind of get right, you know when you have the rag and you have like that hard streak after like you had to, like like you're taking off a layer of skin with that rag. And the next day you wake up and you're like the scent is still there.
Speaker 3: Which is nice.
Speaker 1: It's all right, Like something the best said you can probably get is like eucalyptus or lavender, but usually it's that plain Jane, like you know there's lotion there. But then you think to yourself, are people going to realize this loas is only on one hand?
Speaker 3: And I got after it last week with some conditioner.
Speaker 2: Oh, matter of fact, those dukes duke Cannon yea their conditioner. Yeah, Cannon conditioner had this nice minty smell.
Speaker 1: That can hurt. Though it can hurt, but it felt nice.
Speaker 3: I had the cooling sensation afterwards a little bit. I was a little frightened because of my story, right, but it wasn't like that. It was nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you do you remember the first time you masturbate him? Do you remember the first time you did? Do you?
Speaker 3: We've talked about it before on the pod like pod, Yeah, Like, I'll tell you. It's your story to tell if you want to tell it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you my I remember my first time. I remember like it was yesterday. I don't really want to know your first time.
Speaker 3: He's around the line.
Speaker 4: I appreciate your openness, though, I do. I really do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You know, LimeWire was involved.
Speaker 3: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Are you sure you don't want to We talked about on the pod. Yeah, go Adam twenty two, so you don't. I won't assume you don't want to talk about your first time masturbating on I'll probably pass. It's maybe maybe my second time.
Speaker 3: It's probably smart just because you got like Nass and some big ship in.
Speaker 1: Your future's watching this podcast right now. Yeah, he masturbated. Never mind, but some homies in Nass and it's like.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're on they're on this podcast. I want to watch Josh Thopps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, getting you guys, you know some some new viewership. Yeah, it'd be cool. Client, It's cool.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be more of the University of Tennessee.
Speaker 2: It feels seems like you're like I loved there's Peyton Manning and there's probably Josh Opps.
Speaker 1: Yes, what about what about the last of the game. He saw he saw it at the game.
Speaker 3: I saw, Yeah, I saw. That's why I'm saying that, Yeah.
Speaker 4: The game that the games are hilarious, just like the like I mean, just like going upstairs and yeah, like the whole process of it.
Speaker 3: They're all about. They're all about Josh stops.
Speaker 1: Dude. That's awesome. That's an incredible feeling. You do you feel that the rest of your life live you should go at least once a year, the rest of your life, just to get that ego boost.
Speaker 4: Just just like if I'm feeling down on myself, I just should go to no oh, it's fall not for long.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I got to meet him. I had the privilege of meeting him in right in front of the elevator. I remember it clearly, and I was thinking, don't overplay your hand, Will and you should come on the bus one day.
Speaker 1: Do you say you should come on the bus. There's always trying to get people on the bus like that. I'm always at the recruiting always ABC, always be closing.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: My sales tactic, We'll got some strings.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: He was in the Chancellor's box, he was up there. I saw you. You really like that food?
Speaker 2: He said, you really like that? And I knew there was underground because of Jack too. Like Jack goes like he leaves but the bus. Yeah, he leaves us for like a.
Speaker 3: Week a week every year ago film for his camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn that's cool.
Speaker 3: But anything else?
Speaker 1: What do you y'all? Play golf?
Speaker 3: I like to try. I like to smoke cigars and play music and have a good time.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just open bar at the golf course basically, So you guys gotta come play playing the golf tournament.
Speaker 3: This year you have golf tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Knoxville. Guess what you're saying, Chase Rice, Chase Rice Horney, Chase Rice came he played at last year? Was the first year?
Speaker 3: Chase.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll gotta pull it. This year's fine. Where is it?
Speaker 4: It's that Tennessee National just rights out of Knoxville, like on the weekend of the spring game. So all the all the VFL's come back and playing it.
Speaker 3: What weekend is that?
Speaker 1: It is the weekend? It with April, third week in April. That's a busy time for the boys and the bus.
Speaker 3: We're doing a little spring tour.
Speaker 1: Well, we could do knox Well, were we doing Knoxville again? I don't think we were. I don't know we could make that way.
Speaker 2: We don't want to give anybody out their hope that we could be rolling through Knoxville again.
Speaker 3: We're trying to put together a fun little spring tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're around, just let me know. I don't really golf, but I'll go yeah, yeah, absolutely, yeah, I have Thomas doesn't golf. Bruise with the boys. Yeah, hopefully Chase is there. Hit them back, Yeah, Chase, that won't play a game, Chasing. We ask all our questions, is there anything any questions from Jack Tennessee fan, I mean we're I mean anything that you're a fan, none of a friend. Right right there, the most memorable moment as a as a volunteer, I.
Speaker 6: Wanted him to walk through the most iconic play from his career at Tennessee, which was the Georgia Hail Mary. Fans it was it was like, not just to play it so for the game, but we had a string of weeks where we was at the first time, we beat Florida, the week before Crazy game, came back, went against Florida, and then the Hail Mary that Josh threw to.
Speaker 1: Yeah you want I don't know. I thought that was cool, but that's not really necessarily a question. You did it. You just did it, not up finished a question mark at the end of that.
Speaker 6: How monumental was that for not only your college career but confidence moving forward going into the NFL.
Speaker 1: Well, that was a good weight to round that all one. That was good. It was nice. That's the best question today, snaps Jack. Yeah, no, it was live.
Speaker 4: So like so, I grew up in Alfred of Georgia, so just sou south of Atlanta. I wasn't really recruited by Georgia, but I never want to go to Georgia. But I just had beef because I never really liked Georgia. So like senior year on the road at Georgia, we're like going back and forth the whole game. But then they you're like, oh, I don't want to lose to Georgia. Like a beat them last year. We got a beat on again and they threw like a hell mary ish play like right before it. So there's like fifteen seconds left, they just bring their last time out. I was really standing next to Malone. They're on like the forty seven yard line, but they have to score a touchdown, and Malone are like, oh, yeah, we won. Like we're like we're about to get on the about to get on the plane, get back to Knoxville.
Speaker 1: It's live.
Speaker 4: We just won at Georgia. And then the next play they throw a whole shot down down the sideline. Dude catches it in a straight and we already look at each other like no, oh way. So they score with how much time left? There's eleven seconds left on the clock. Oh shit, But listen to the dude from their sideline runs on the field, no helmet, fifteen yard penalty, and he's actually he's from Nashville.
Speaker 1: That's what it was funny. He wanted to go to Tennessee. Think uh.
Speaker 4: He ran on the field fifteen yard penalty. So backed him up. And so we had the best returner in the nation that year, Evan Barry. So they had to kick it. They had to kick on the ball. They would just kick out the back the end zone. We'd be running hooking ladder and just praying. They had to kick it to him.
Speaker 1: He catches it. They tried to like pooch kick it.
Speaker 4: He catches it on the thirty he runs right, We're like, all right, keep going, keep going. He runs, he runs, He looks at the clock, runs out of bounds at their forty six yard line with four seconds left on the clock. And so before that we're like, are we gonna do hooking ladder or we're gonna throw hell Mary. So we get to that yard line, We're like, all right, we can throw hell Mary.
Speaker 1: So we get on the.
Speaker 4: Field, line up, call time out, come to the sideline, get back on the field. And then they rushed three and I was like, make sure you don't take a sack, make sure you don't throw it.
Speaker 1: Out of the back of the end zone.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Pepper this checkdown four seconds.
Speaker 1: He was waiting for that. The whole story, the whole story.
Speaker 2: I thought of it once you said don't take a sack. I'm like, oh, he's going there, and then you can smile. I'm thinking like, oh.
Speaker 1: Ship, yeah, we'll get him. I'm go get him. Yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 4: Rub it in my face, kicking, walk down, check down, No, through it, through it to Juwana.
Speaker 5: He he did the harp to a bomb and when he caught it, so you're like, it's fucking up. You're probably when he caught it is the plays the play.
Speaker 4: So when he caught it, I remember seeing him like catch it right here, and then it was like all hell brokeless.
Speaker 1: God so cool.
Speaker 4: I was at Georgia, so that was what was so cool about it because you could literally hear a pin drop and then they pull all the Tennessee fans like up in the rafters at the top of the stadium and it's just like they're just going crazy. The band is like at the top of the stadium to playing Rocky Top and then like sea of red silence.
Speaker 3: That's fucking cool. Tennessee does have one of the best fan bases. They really do.
Speaker 1: They roll so deep they do what a bomb too?
Speaker 2: No, you know, everybody in the defense, everybody fucking jumping for the ball and ship they know that defensive coaches.
Speaker 6: I was trying to find the play that set it up, because literally Georgia threw like a forty yard bomb with twelve seconds prior to this play too.
Speaker 1: We were up four points for them and they were gonna win.
Speaker 6: And they were they basically just beat us, and everyone's.
Speaker 4: Like, no fucking we're four and zero undefeated, and they threw it, and uh, I forget who said it. Some one goes and they about to party their butts off tonight. It was like electric in the stadium. It got rowdy, but then we were able to come back and the coach.
Speaker 1: Shones, where's he at now? He's at Arkansas State? Mm hm oh damn, that's tough. Yeah, good dude, good dude, Yeah, really, good dude.
Speaker 3: You played with some good players there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like tomor is the most underutilized college football player of all time. Yeah, but like we had Jalen heard too, most underutilized college football player of all time. You see what he's doing in the league. He's going crazy. You got think we got Jalen heard too.
Speaker 4: Jalen heard it was a thousand yard rusher as a freshman and sophomore. And then Alvin got there too, so and then once Jalen got hurt, Alvin obviously started going off. But like he was already going off. He just like we would get the ball the Jalen a little bit more than we gave it to Alvin. So, I mean, obviously, at hindsight, like, man, this dude's amazing. He's like one of the best running backs in the league. I wish we could have used them more in college, but like at the time, he thought we were utilizing people the best we could.
Speaker 1: You know, Damn.
Speaker 3: Now I'm thinking, I'm like, fuck, I don't want to keep on here that much longer. But I am serious.
Speaker 2: There's a few there's a couple of players that I'm thinking of that you play with on the Steelers, the Pouncy So I've heard nothing but like insane things about the way he is as a leader. And also it seems like you got to play with Antonio Brown.
Speaker 3: I would love to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what'd you think of a b like playing with them on the on the the black and yellow sucking gold. I don't want to butcher Pittsburgh Nation. Yeah, black and yellow like yellow.
Speaker 1: Oh. I just got a text from Dennis Kelly. Todd Downing and Keith Carter were fired. I even't seen anything, so that might be that might be breaking information, but that was from That was from Dennis Kelly.
Speaker 2: Oh really Yeah, it feels from Dennis, and that means it's probably out Carter, the old line coach.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Wow, the reaction, my reaction.
Speaker 2: Keith Carter and Todd Downing just got fired real time. We just saw right now. What's your reaction to that.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can say that we got a video Oh my phone, my phone's out there, coach, that's his name? Not and then Keith Carter and Todd Downing. Oh I re Fraser did? Rob Moore is still there? I don't think Rob is going anywhere either. What an interesting I mean, first initial thought, I know you're literally on the spot. I know I'm without any time to register any of that information. I think Todd is an incredibly good person. He's like awesome to be around, and he's a great guy. You kind of could tell like, obviously the whole season, everyone's calling for his head, like that riding was on the wall. There was a moment when I went out to a walk and I think it was right before you got there. I was literally in a poncho and Todd. Todd was like, oh, you playing tight end. I was like, ye, I'm gonna play tight end next next year for you, and he goes, oh, you go into and he recited some random high school football team like he I think Todd knew he was going to be fired. I think so, I'm really I don't know. Hart goes out to him, good family man, good dude. Obviously a bad situation. After the Packers game, Uh, Keith, he's been there. Keith's been there, Yeah for like five years.
Speaker 3: Five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, Keith and I have had a very up and down relationship, and I think it's ended at a much higher point. But damn. I think like when Keith first got there, he the way he came in and the way he was trying to act towards everybody, like very disrespectful, very very authoritative, but like in a very like dictatorship type of way. Keith grew every single year and he he did live on the old line with impossible standards. That was kind of like one of those things you know, football is how it gets kind of toxic sometimes, like it's never good enough. You think you do well, but all of a suden there's one or two plays you want back and sometimes you just want to pat on the back and you never truly get that. I think Keith's a good I think Keith is a good offensive line coach that was stricken by injuries. Me Ben, Nate Brewer was hurt this year, and Nick missed a couple of games. That's all five starting guys were hurt, So that's not necessarily Keith Carter's fault. I think he'll be able to get a job in the NFL again. But yeah, I think yeah. I mean, I don't want to say like anything disrespectful, right because I think he's a good dude, and I think like he his his nice friendship. Friendship is a very loose term, but our business relationship got a whole lot better from the first time he was in to now. I just wish he focused a little bit more on taking care of the older players. I think Ben got a little more of that towards the end, and then I kind of did this year. But this is those practices are hard, and they were in your body and there where your tires are really fast, and you could see it towards the end of the season sometimes. But I think I think Keith's gonna get another job. I think he's did. He does a great job. I don't know coach Midgett at all. I passed him. The hallway knocks every once in a while, and that's kind of what it is. I hope it works out for him. But damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's happening Black Monday, Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't think. I didn't think they'd be fired till later. I didn't think he. I didn't not think Keith was gonna get fired. Damn, are we sure it's Keith Carter? You see that Blake Korn's coming back? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: Oh, I meant to put a tweet out there, like, Bro, you've there's only so much shred on the tire in the NFL. You gotta go leave this conference. Bigger things ahead, brother, No need to come back to Michigan. Yes, Nebras will take care of it for you.
Speaker 1: Three time Big Ten champions coming up Josh's final Hang on, don't don't even.
Speaker 3: Bring that out.
Speaker 2: He was talking about it. He was talking about it before. He was talking about it before that news came out. He's talking about a couple of his teammates from the Steelers. Let him talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, I just want to know about Josh's last game. Is of all the Nebraska game? Yeah, well a twenty eight I believe, just thirty. It wasn't that close. Close game, wasn't.
Speaker 3: Was the score? You said ten points and we were talking about two possessions.
Speaker 4: And they scored like with like two minutes left in the game, and then we took a knee move him a lower doing handshakes in the locker room. What year was that, twenty twenty sixteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sixteen.
Speaker 3: Mike Riley is the head coach, right, it was Riley?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's part of the Mike Riley or like that's hey, sick jack, you beat Mike Riley.
Speaker 1: I didn't beat anyone.
Speaker 3: We always have just the of a clearly healthy rivalries in college football.
Speaker 1: We have the most historic riper leagu in college football. If everybody busting trophy bust and bowl.
Speaker 3: Did you see that?
Speaker 1: No, what's that So you didn't see it? Oh wow, I thought you watched, so you don't follow at all? Yeah, he's an honorable mention washer dude. Uh yeah. Every year Michigan Nebraska they play for the bust And Bowl.
Speaker 3: There's a trophy we got made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sitting in Michigan's trophy room right now along with Paul Bunny and along with the brown jug for those of you want to when do y'all start bathing trophy championship year? This was the first year.
Speaker 3: First year that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, we kind of just brushed over those guys getting fired. Well like what you know, we know, what do you really say? I don't know. I just feel bad.
Speaker 6: I feel like everyone was just waiting for that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it was coming to day, like what.
Speaker 2: Kind of what kind of what kind of like what kind of homage are we wanting to? We want to spend time on it, like are you somebody a question after you?
Speaker 1: No? No, no no. I just kind of spoke and I didn't want to be like disrespectful, And now I'm I kind of re thinking about what I said. Yeah, it was disrespectful, but I was also like you also got to cover all basis tho are human beings with families, and I want to make sure that I'm not like being rude, right, But yeah, okay, so we can move on. We can absolutely move on from that. And you're go ahead.
Speaker 2: This is just such a good pop. And I'm thinking of the two hour mark right now. I don't know how you're feeling about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm good, I'm straight.
Speaker 3: Because now there's a few questions I want to ask.
Speaker 2: I still want to talk to you about the teammates getting play with Pounty and Antonio Brown, and I also want to ask about your situation, like being in the headspace where you're at, being somebody that's been on IR all year and you've talked openly about anticipating being cut and everything else. Whether or not that happens, time will tell, But like, where has your headspace ends since? Because it's one thing knowing that, like, yo, this could be my last year in Tennessee, I could probably get cut. Like we're in the season. The minute the game ends on Saturday. It's a different vibe because even even I don't even play and I fols, I'm like, damn, it's just over for the boys. Now.
Speaker 3: It's off season. Yeah, like it's definitely not more real. I feel like it's it's yeah, I had to have gotten more real.
Speaker 1: It's gotten way more real for me because it's like we talk about all the time, like me saying I'm gonna get cut is like my weird like a subconscious like egotistical way of being, like I know I'm gonna get got, And so I don't want people to think like I'm just getting blindsided here, Like I know, like the writing's on the wall for me, So I keep vocalizing it one because it's that's kind of how I process things, but also like in a weird way, it's like me getting ahead of it, you know. And once that game ended on that checkdown, I literally thought to myself, like, damn, it really is over, Like this is probably the last time I will ever be on you'll see the name Taro Lawan on a Tendency Titan roster, even even though it was on IR this year. And so that like definitely, like Saturday, I told you, I like I saw a tailoring. Like after the game, I was like, Hey, we don't talk about this now, but I feel weird right now. I do feel I feel like, uh, not like I would say emotion. I think emotion is going to come when that time happens. And I had a conversation with Ryan Cowden today and I walked in his office. I love Ryan. I think Ryan's a great dude. I have no idea how good of a GM he would be. John warm there. I think there's nothing he could have shown in these last seven weeks being the gym. It's kind of like you bring he brought you in, did a great job, you know, like that's that's huge, But like, where are they going? What's their process? I hope he does get the job because the person he is and I know he does things a little bit differently. But I walked into his office and I was like, I know because I've gained a relationship with him. I was like, I know you're going to cut me. And I know you're that's going to happen. And just know when you make that phone call and it's going to be difficult for you to pick up that phone because of our relationship. No, I'm not going to take this personally. I understand the business and I'm not going to think this is you cutting me. I think this is the Tennessee Titans cutting me, and we had a fantastic, like fifteen twenty minute long conversation about other things too, But it is just a it's just wild, like I've never like I've never been cut before and I've never like had to feel that. And I know, sitting in the team room with Rabel, he always talks about guys like, oh, so and so, how many times have you been cutting? They're like, h seven and other guys are like ten or whatever, and then they find they're home somewhere and then you're like, damn, this person's been cut that many times. They've traveled on a suitcase, like you're saying, like you're a nomad, and so now I'm thinking like damn, Like everyone gets got and when you're in the position I am, you think I'm never gonna get got. But here I am in the in plain sight with the sights on me, knowing that like it's it's probably ninety five percent going to happen, and so it sucks, but it's also completely understandable, and well we talked about before, there's there's arguments I could sit here and be like okay, I could be be back at the times because of these things like these are the pros and but like if I were to, like if I was a GM and I'm looking at Taylor Law, i would think upside is solid. The downside is two acls and three years, Like, how do you unless I were to come back and we would renegotiate where I'm playing for way less money, Like there's no way I'm on that roster again. So it's just different. It's a weird thing to think about being in that building. Today was really weird being that team meeting for the first time since week two? Right? Is it just a weird feeling.
Speaker 3: Interesting too, because you've been out of it since week two?
Speaker 2: Right, And you can even feel yourself you said it earlier, like I've been more you lean into like becoming more of a fan because you're just not in the daily routine with the boys, so you feel separated. But the minute that game ends, for whatever reason, it feels so much more finite, like right now it's just in real time. Coaches are getting fired, Like it just sucks because you build such like a pack mentality all year long about the aspiracious the goals were going to achieve together, and then the minute it ends, whether anybody likes it or not, you have to come in the next morning with a business hat on and start acting people.
Speaker 3: That's just like the nature of the business, which sucks, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And you know, like all this transition happening that last year and the culture and the team and the core guys that they've had the last few years, whether or not that all states in tags, but either way, it's like, damn, this is gonna be a way different looking team. Say, once you get removed from college for a few years and you don't even know anybody in the locker room anymore.
Speaker 1: That's fourth yearer in the league. You're like, damn, I don't know anybodymore.
Speaker 2: You're like, man, I don't even really have a pulse well on this team anymore. And so it's like it has to move on without you, which is like, yeah, that's the nature of the game. But it's like acknowledging that, like when that when that last play happened, It's like we were sitting there talking about it in real time.
Speaker 3: It's like, man, it just sucks that the boys, like tomorrow's gonna be that trash back.
Speaker 1: Day or by the Scottish that's the worst of Taylor's.
Speaker 3: Face a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, if I'm feeling stuff, I can only imagine, like I'm sure he's feeling I'm sure he's feeling that shit too, whether or not. You've been on IR all years. So like, damn, this year, this page is actually gonna have to actually turn now. Vers talking about it all year long and anticipating it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sucks. It is fucking it's hard. It's a hard thing to think about because like, my whole life has been playing football and lucky enough being really good at playing football. And now I'm looking, I'm thirty one.
Speaker 2: Obviously high school you dipped on your bad the shitty team went to the good team to get a championship or two.
Speaker 3: I respect, but uh, university is like, yeah, you're a Michigan for four years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: NFL you've had, yeah, you've had You've had the ability to stay on one team for nine yeah, nine year, nine years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And it's just crazy that it's like, oh, that's it's done. And I remember like being a rookie or like a second year or third year guy in the NFL and watching these old guys and them talking about how they like openly talking about how they're out of the prime, and I'm like, damn, fuck those guys, Like why are you talking like that? You don't even know, Like that's never gonna come for me. You never think like it's oh, now I'm thirty one, and it's like yeah, Like if you looked at me on paper, like my prime has passed me, I could sit here and pretend like, nah, I'm I'm still him. I could still do this, but like that part of it might be over and like who knows. Like let's say I did want to go play football again, I would have to sit there and be like, hey, what are the logical expectations I need to have on myself for this season? Not only that, but what now I have to rego back into that headspace that you and I talk about all the time, where there is the I found so much success in football because I railroad to people. I had like a low key and narcissistic mentality like I have to get to where I need to go, and if anybody's in the way of that, they're just getting pushed aside. Emotions, all of them are getting pushed to the side, and I'm going and now I get hurt and The thing that when I got hurt this year I didn't hurt is bad emotionally because last year off season twenty twenty one, I literally did everything I could. I was working my diet, My diet was on point, my conditioning was on point, my strength, like everything was on point. Like I was dialed the fuck in. You get hurt the second game of the season. It literally is one of those things where it's like I did everything I could during that journey, even though like the result is not what I wanted. So I literally separated myself way easier than I I thought I would from feeling negative emotions while still working through them, Like I started feeling like happier, Like I started realizing, oh, I don't have to act like this. I started doing like self work, being like how do I work on me so I don't have to feel this resentment from this person or that person because of how a railroad in the past trying to get to the top of wherever I was. And now it's like, Okay, if I want to go play football again, the only thing I know how to play football at a high level is to go back into that mindset. But it's so difficult to do once you realize what you've been doing to people. You know what I'm saying, it's so much, it's so difficult. That's why people like, it's hard for people to understand what it takes to be a professional athlete, a professional athlete alone, but an elite professional athlete, Like it's very you have to be so selfish and it's fucking it's hard, so not to like, I have to go and reevaluate that because we literally I've I was telling, well, I think I think I'm done. I don't know if I want to play anymore. The second that game ended, then they took a knee. I was like, maybe I should do one more. Maybe I can. And then you start playing that fucking same game you've played in your head over and over again where it's like you could come back and do X, Y and Z. What a comebackstory, And now you're rewriting that story in your head that only you really know. Yeah, so I'm like, fuck, it's been a weird couple of days for me. It's been a very weird couple of days. Like something, I gotta sit with him, figure out.
Speaker 3: Get any words of advice for the boy?
Speaker 1: You got any advice from me.
Speaker 4: I mean, should take it one day at a time, Like that's the bemaz thing. I feel like sometimes you get caught up in like that cliche, like you know, take it one day at a time, like one media at time. Well, I mean it's literally real. It's like how you feel right now won't affect how you feel right now, like the emotions of the situation that the season ending, Like there's just a ton of emotions just thrown right at you.
Speaker 1: But things like just taking time to just like chill, take it a day at a time.
Speaker 4: And then like personally, I know you're trying to figure out like should am I gonna come back and play football?
Speaker 1: Just play ball? It's like I feel like, you know a lot of people ask me why.
Speaker 4: When you just go like do engineering, you know what I mean, Like in six years, like you didn't get your opportunity, are you just go do engineering? And like the biggest thing for me is like I played football since I was five. I'm sure it's probably similar story for you. And it's like the blessing that is to be a professional athlete and then to be at the top. It's like as long as at least for me as long as like I can do it, and the there's even an out of possibility that I can be a professional athlete playing the game that I have loved since I was five, I'll take it and run with it. So just like just putting that into perspective, like seeing all the emotions thrown at you, taking a breath, taking a day at a time, and then going from there and then all right, I want to do this, and then working hard every single day at it. It's kind of that's my mindset, and I know that's as you said, that's been your mindset. Just because you've recognized you're in a different headspace doesn't mean you can't be that same player in a different headspace, yea.
Speaker 2: Or it also doesn't mean too like me, Like again, I'm not like trying to speak for you or nothing like that, but I'm saying, even for me, if you decide, like one day you wake up and just decide, like, man, I'm not as interested, Like that's all obviously all right too for sure. Yeah, I mean if you're yeah, because not always it's always a tough thing about getting out of it is there's there's people like there were always, uh you know, like family members or people in your close circle that you know they think like you need to be putting more focus in the football versus like you know, for me, it's like doing more of this stuff like hey, why aren't you trying to be in a training camp and stuff like that, And it's like being okay with like releasing yourself of those expectations, you know, like that's like.
Speaker 4: The hardest part, like the outside expectation, right, because you said that to you said.
Speaker 2: Too in the ending, your journey is obviously different, but the ending is like, you know, you could still be the same player in the same breath.
Speaker 3: But it's also good. It's also fine if you're.
Speaker 4: Like not one tough, if you just if you, I mean, at the end of the day, like you, each of us, you know, we've earned I feel like the work we've put in just in our craft, whether it's on the field, just in life, like earn the ability to be able to do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Which is which is which is which is powerful?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the majority doesn't get to do that. So even understanding that perspective that exactly we're in the position to even get to choose what our path will be.
Speaker 1: It is aweful. Yeah, yeah, it is is fucking It's an interesting predicament to be in because I don't know you guys, but I'm sure this conversation happened in the locker room all the time where it's like how many years do you want to play in the NFL? And my answer for that day, yeah, yeah, how long you want to do yeah? And like the majority people will say ten I never said ten hours, said this cliche line. I was like, I'm gonna play football till I win. And it was not like win a super Bowl whatever, just feel like whatever. Basically it was like fulfillment. Like if I feel like I've won the game of football, where like I've done what I needed to do in this game to leave an impression that I'm proud of, then I am. I'm good. And if I said about it, I'm like I've done that. I've I've I've conquered individual accolades to the highest degree. I've we talked about this on the podcast. I was a part of team a team that was awful two and fourteen, three and thirteen the next year and was a massive part after seeing so much turnover in the locker room being a foundational piece and changing a culture on a franchise like I take. I take so much parte in that. And so now it's like, what are my whys to go play football? Because if it's if it's for money, I'm out, Like there's I will not play football just to I've made it. I've made money. I am I'm gonna be all right. But it's now it's like a long like obviously if I'm gonna go play somewhere, I have to be I have to make I have to make money that I'm worth. But there has to be another fighting urge, whether it's I need another year, I like, I don't know. I don't know urge at the moment. Right now, I do Right now, I do a little bit. I have a it's tough. I'm loyal to the soil, like I. I literally came back from my fifth year at Michigan when I could have been a top ten pick the year before, like an idiot, because I thought we're gonna wan to make the championship and I wanted to bring greatness back to Michigan. We were like we were in the Buffalo Wowings Bowl my senior year. We lost in the state like forty four to ten. No, you were fucking terrible. And if if I just sat there logically and looked at the roster, I go, oh, we're not going to be good next year. You should dip. But I'm just a loyal guy. So like the thought of me be in a in a different uniform besides the Titans, like that does not sit well with me, you know. But also like watching the demise of Taylor Lawan, I sit there and like, you know, do you want to be a guy on the Titans that just was good? Or can I still be good? And so if I truly believe that my knees straight because nothing else in my body hurts, my fingers fucked up, my thumbs fucked up, but that they work. So if nothing else hurts, and I know I can be a not maybe not as good as I used to be, but still a very above average football player, then I have still need to give to the Titans. Still, It's just about figuring out what I truly want, because it it'd be ridiculous to not sit here. I stay on this bus once a week with the boys, and we travel all around the country and it's fucking awesome. This is so this is so much fun and it's doing well. I know you don't watch, but you should. We gotta get numbers. I watch. Yeah, I appreciate that. Yeah you're three two or three cat, But it's cool, man. It's just about it's just about evaluating that stuff. Yea, evaluating and finding out. But they taking one day at a time. I don't have to make the decision right now. I just to keep gathering information so I can make the best decision for myself and my family. Yeah, that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you say the loyalty thing, but what about the first your first high school team?
Speaker 3: What about those boys?
Speaker 5: That was not?
Speaker 1: Yeah that was and I only want a championship with that high school team. Sophomore year we won state fifteen. And oh so you do on the boys. Yeah, I my dad made me transfer, forced me kicking and screaming to transfer. Transferring high school is kind of like the hardest thing to do. Yeah, O hard, dude. And my boys I have, like I literally have ro Minrole six tattooed here and here for my boys the Sexy six or the dirty half does and wanted whichever one you want to choose. But like we were all a bunch of ugly focks too, like curly haired it's and ship like it was just funny. But they like I left and there was one guy, Nick Bennett, who like came to the school my first day and like when I noticed it with that lunch called me was like, hey, I'm in the parking lot. We had sub boy sandwich is waiting for me and we went and sat in the bleachers. But all the other boys basically like you're a trader, like fuck you. Now obviously we've all had those conversations. Were all good, but it was fu because it was something I've We're all in a good place now, but we were legit, like I legit was forced to transfer. Now, it's the best decision ever happened. Like I played one year off the line and was able to go to Michigan. So it was the best decision I ever made in my life. That wasn't even I didn't even make it. So it was a good deal. But loyal, you don't see any other buses. What I don't go in any other buses. I stay on this bus. Loyals of the soil, loyal to the soil. I think two thirty four is a long time for a podcast.
Speaker 3: I do think it is. I'll ask my other questions off the when we get out of here. I'm sure. I'm sure the boys back there, they're probably like, fuck man, no, not you guys like you. I'm talking about the guest, our guests. Oh yeah, I'm talking about our guests.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're straight. We were going to go watch the national championship somewhere. Who do you think he's gonna win the National Championship? Congratulations to the TCU horn Frogs.
Speaker 3: Your horn fox had no time. I hope say one by the time this comes out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: My fucking finger kind of cocked out for a second.
Speaker 3: We got them.
Speaker 1: I'm all for that. Yeah, fuck the bulldogs, dude. Heyn. Also, we'd love to come to your school for a football Yeah, we'd love to come to the offense the dogs Dogs.
Speaker 3: All right, this last question, the roadback question.
Speaker 2: Use code Boys b O y S on roadback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase.
Speaker 3: That's r h O B a c K dot com. Code Boys.
Speaker 2: They work with the best college athletes from Will Anderson to the Boy Michael Mayer, to be Jean Robinson and also the busting with the boys. Boys, they also just dropped new performance joggers and trust us you're gonna want these, so use code Boys for twenty.
Speaker 1: Who do you think they won the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I think either Chiefs. I don't think I think the Bills are good.
Speaker 4: I don't like the offense is like, I don't think they're ask us just as the Chiefs are the Chiefs. Or I think the Chiefs are gonna win it. Try thinking the NFC, who could give a run? Eagles Eagles? Yeah, but I feel like I feel like the Chiefs versus the Eagles in the in the chance in in the Super Bowl, like the Chiefs are gonna outscore them.
Speaker 3: I can't have the Chiefs win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Well, I just I like to go from the hot take of saying they won't even make the playoffs and then watch.
Speaker 1: Them win Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Will can't take. I don't know if I can afford that's a big All right, boys, Well, wait listen. We appreciate you coming on the bus. Short what's the word notice? Short notice? That's outstanding. I really appreciate you coming on listening. Please follow Josh Dobbs on all his social media platforms, but also Josh follow Us, Josh follow Us goes both, go ahead and listen, dude, rock the shirt the boys shirt. Hell yeah, hell yeah. Subscribe rate five stars, Bake hugs, tiny kisses. We love you all so much