Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, guys.
Speaker 2: Injuries from the game. Jacob Cowing will be in the protocol. Kayden Patuone has the m c L sprain. He'll be out a while. Nick Bosa hip oblique. Will evaluate him throughout the week. Rock Party has some right shoulder soreness.
Speaker 3: He's day to day. That's it from the game.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Kyle. Is there any update on Drake Greenlaw?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, no update.
Speaker 4: Meaning he'll stand on up this week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the same thing I said last week. He's doing his mock practices on his own without players, and hope we'll get him back in practice next week.
Speaker 5: How about how about Trevor? How about Trevor Ward? Kyles? He rejoined the team yet?
Speaker 3: Yes? He did? He was matter team meeting today.
Speaker 5: Are you expecting him to be able to play this weekend? And did he just come today or at the game yesterday?
Speaker 3: He was at the game yesterday. He did some workouts here over the weekend with Dustin Perrier or straining conditioning coach. And we'll see how this week goes with him.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kyle, is there a possibility that Nick Bosa actually plays on Sunday?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: And Bernardo's finger he's fine or was there is he Does he have to play with any type of rap or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, I believe he is fine because they didn't even mentioned him to me. It's not on this list at all.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 7: You and John have made a point of of bringing in guys that, you know, self starters, guys who love the fallI you don't have to really, you know, monitor that much, and they're there there they may. I'm just curious that's had ten games into a season where it hasn't gone the way that anybody expected. Do you still see that you know, there was the same resolve and the confidence and the enthusiasm that you need to see.
Speaker 3: But yeah, what are you asking exactly?
Speaker 7: I'm saying, you know, with you have a team pretty much have self starters that's used to a lot of success. They haven't had as much this year, and I'm wondering, you know, do you still see that same resolve and the same confidence and the same enthusiasm at five and five.
Speaker 3: I'm so confused by your question, But I mean, yeah, we have guys who love football. I mean enthusiasm at five and five. I mean it's you know, it's not the same as you know when a record was last year. But I mean in terms of I think you're asking, like, do you guys still work hard and play hard and try to get after it? And that's yeah.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you, Kyl.
Speaker 4: Do we know where when Brock injured his shoulder?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I don't know any to.
Speaker 4: Know.
Speaker 3: I did in the game, right, Kyle?
Speaker 5: Is is Kittle going to be a day to day situation again this week?
Speaker 3: Or where?
Speaker 5: Where does he kind of stand?
Speaker 3: He should he should practice on Wednesday? I know it was closed yesterday, so I think he should be good for practice on Wednesday.
Speaker 6: And Kyle, how did Trent Williams come out of the game. It looks like he was kind of hobbling around and it was really a game time decision yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean, I know he stored today and stuff, you know, just just talking to him, you know, toward all's wearing off and things like that, which you know it is pretty painful. But we'll see how he comes in Wednesday. But you know, I know he battled to play in that game and really appreciate him getting through it and out there and we'll see how he recovers here. Going into Wednesday was.
Speaker 6: A general mood around the building today.
Speaker 3: I think we're I mean, we're just we were pissed off from yesterday. That was a tough loss. We had every chance to win it and we didn't get it done. So I think guys were disappointed and upset, but nothing. I mean, we all know each other pretty well in here. We understand our expectations, and we just had We had a good team meeting, dressed a bunch of the fourth quarter, kind of watched it all together, and then we broke up into our position meetings. But I think guys are pissed and ready to put that game behind us. Today is always a hard day to deal with it because of some of the frustration of what happened. And now I think our guys can't wait to get to Green Bay as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: I know you always say that each play is different, but were there any kind of common threads that went through the issues the fourth quarter? And you know how many plays did you address with the team at that meeting.
Speaker 3: I mean, when they took the lead thirteen to ten with three minutes to go in the third, the offense got the ball two more times and our defense got the ball two more times, So we just addressed both of those drives. The offense had two chances to take it into our own hands, and we did that on one drive, and we did it on the other. And the defense had two chances to take it in their own hands, and they did on one drive. I'm having a huge four down stop getting us the ball back and then and then the offense didn't in the four minutes, and then Seattle answered on that last drive. So we had two opportunities to do it, and we're fifty to fifty on them, just like they were. And when you do that, it's usually who comes who has the ball last, and they did. And there was different plays in all of them, but those were the two issues.
Speaker 4: You were asked about that play with you know, late in the game before you punted, where it looked on the TV copy, like maybe as a special teams coach went up to the line judge if that had been a fourth, a fourth and one instead of a fourth and six, had well were you what were you prepared to do at that point?
Speaker 3: I haven't thought about that since it didn't happen, but I'm sure if it was fourth and one we would have gone for. We also would have been as much easier field goal range two, so I know it wouldn't have been a punt.
Speaker 5: Did you follow up with the league on that file and whether there's any recourse, whether they did call a second straight timeout?
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I don't fall up with them since something in But I mean I talked to the reps on the field. I said, you know, I said, how'd they just get two timeouts in a row? And they said that they didn't. They had to fix They alerted them something that was wrong with something the reps were doing, and then they fixed it. But I thought they had timeouts because I thought I saw a guy run up there and call one.
Speaker 4: But I haven't.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen the TV coffee.
Speaker 7: What did you think you got out of gross Battos for his first time out? And did he play more than you expected because Bosa was out?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there at the end he did? You know, I thought he did some good things. Definitely caused some havoc on the quarterback to some solid stuff in the run game. I had a couple of ones at the at the end where just his rush integrity. He's got to be a little bit better from our four. But it was good to get him back and get him started with us.
Speaker 6: How with nine penalties in the game, seven on offense, was that something that you addressed with the team. I mean, it seems uncharacteristic of what you've been doing this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that was a huge thing. I thought that was one of the biggest problems for the offense on the day. You know, I actually thought we played a better game offensively than we did on that Thursday night game. We didn't get you know, on that Thursday night game, we got you know, the bust at coverage on Deevo seventy yarder, and we got those two explosive runs which really helped. But we played better football this game. We just did it at all with the penalties, and you know, we had one four team play drive where I don't know how many fourteen play drives they have been a part of that, and that don't end with points or a missed field goal or a turnover to go fourteen plays and then pun it. We had to eight plays inside the fifty after that turnover for the field goal, having overcome it a couple of times and get him again. So that was our biggest problem on the day. I thought offensively.
Speaker 5: Kyle nick Bose has sounded pessimistic when he talked to us after the game about his ability to play in the next game. He also didn't looked like a guy who's ready to play in the next game. Is he feeling a bit better today?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say that, but that's you know, you should really never ask a guy right after a game or the next morning. You know. I think he was feeling like that a couple of weeks ago too, So we'll see how it goes this week, and just a good of a chance for him not to play play. But you know, those unless it's an injury that you know has them knocked out, you always can rule that out early. But when it's not that case, you don't decide those things on Mondays.
Speaker 5: As far as party that is from a hit he took, it's not like throwing shoulder shortness, Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay? Did there affect him? Do you think during the game?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: That's thanks, Kyle. How will you evaluate how how Christian has come back and how are his eyes and is he hid in the right hole and is he just in general as sharp as he normally would be this time of year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Christian's doing a good job. You know, I thought I didn't think he had any opportunity for some big ones. They kept him contained pretty good, especially in their two shell defenses. So there might have been one run he left a little bit out there, but there's I don't think I've ever said that there isn't a run that she left a little bit out there in a game. But I think Christian's doing a good job.
Speaker 6: Kyle Brock didn't attempt any passes over nineteen yards. I know that's Uh. Was it more opportunities or I mean he's done it in the past. Was it just what he was faced with on the field. Was that the plan?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I mean it would have surprised me just the way they play their coverage is if we would have attempted more, I mean they're pretty been, but don't break defense.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: That's you know usually how it goes versut that, And it's tough to get the big plays on. You don't want to force them. You hope to get them and them into some situations where you can get them. But most of the stuff that they were giving us was underneath, and they're going to make you go on those longer drives, which we were new going into the game. That was going to be the challenge and what we were ready for, and I think we were up for the challenge, but we kind of overcome all those penalties and setbacks that we got.
Speaker 5: We'll say two more are Carl. I think if you've talked in the past, like there's generally every every point in every season where it's like the sky is falling and you know, things look like hell, and sometimes the sky is falling and sometimes just adversity that you end up pulling out of. What have you learned from those kind of these kind of moments in your past, if anything that you've kind of learned to apply.
Speaker 3: Just that the only thing that matters is what happens in those three and a half hours in a football game, and the only thing that you can do about those three and a half hours is focus on football and how to get better at that stuff, and practice and meetings and anything outside of that. Any talking about it, any pointing to other people, trying to make up any type of narrative of it that doesn't have to do with exactly what's happening on the football field will only make that stuff harder. And those are the challenges because you know guys. You know, guys know their job and it's just supposed to do their job, and guys don't always know what other people are responsible for and do it. And that's why you've got to make sure you got tough minded people who can focus on really what their job is, nothing more than that. And it gets harder when you have adversity and stuff like that when you aren't in as many WS as you want. But no matter how much harder it gets, you got to always understand it's about the ball and you got to keep it about the ball and nothing else.
Speaker 1: Or more.
Speaker 6: Well, three games where you've lost the lead in the fourth quarter, do you feel like your team has still has that killering thing at the end of the game or is there some sort of I mean, I don't know if it's Super Bowl hangover, but emotional hangover from the journey that you guys have been on so far.
Speaker 3: No, I hear that. I understand all the questions, but it's back to my last answer. I don't think there is an answer about a journey or Super Bowl hangover. I think it's about what's happening in that exact game and and then' you know, the week before was almost the same game. I think we went down thirteen to ten or something in the third I think they came back and tied it up, and we went down and won it on the last play. So I don't think that means we had to killer instinct in that game and not in this game. They took a lead thirteen to ten, and in the fourth quarter we went on a fourteen play drive and scored a touchdown, and overcame a bunch of negative stuff on that drive and still took a seventeen to thirteen lead. Our defenseil them on a fourth and one, I think with three and a half minutes to go. So I saw the killer instinct on both of those drives. And then we got to run out the clock on offense, and we run three plays get it down there in second eleven, and we missed a throw and catch which I think would have got us in the red zone and allowed us to run out more clock, possibly the possibly the clock, but we just we didn't make it, and then they got us on the last drive. So we got to play better on those two last drives. And it usually comes down to that in football, if you don't want it to come down to that. Before that, you got to play pretty flawlessly to get up a couple of scores before the end. But that's why most games in this league do come down to the end. And we got that down Verse Tampa, but we didn't get it done this week. All right, guys, we'll see you on wines that all right, guys, see what's there.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank