Speaker 1: I don't watch that ship. Should I watch the young Turks? It sounds like I should. You don't mean to it's I like the old Turks personally.
Speaker 2: I like the mechanical Turks. That is just straight up regular ass Ottoman Empire. Hell yeah, I love Gallipoli. I'm out.
Speaker 3: That's that's uh. You won the name, that tune of historical references and Alexander the Great, that's all I got.
Speaker 2: I remember what my mom was like, you gotta watch Gallipoli, Like when I was fucking eight.
Speaker 4: Didn't you didn't they make you watch that ship in school? I feel like I had to watch it in school. Oh you had to watch the Gli. Yeah, I did not watch it in school. That was my mom being like, check out Gallipoli.
Speaker 2: That's that's good. That's a good ass mom, right there. I mean like when you're when you're born in fucking a rubble of World War two Japan, bro, you need there's no such thing as being precious. Motherfucker. I remember when I watched Bambi and I fucking cried and ship. She was like, get over that ship, bro.
Speaker 5: I'm a that's right, soft ass, little everything so scary?
Speaker 1: Why is everything so scary. She was channeling.
Speaker 2: She was talking to me like America, like she was Vince Staples being like, yeah, he's coming for you. You are a bitch. Oh thanks mom, Okay, it could be James Baldwin. I'm trying to be tough.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, sixty five, episode four of Dirt Alley's Guy, the production of My Heart Radio. It's the annual, a full year of seasons, a full year of weeks of their Daily is like geist and an appropriate season because we're having some of our favorites of all time, going back to episode one.
Speaker 6: This this season.
Speaker 1: If you're new, this is a podcast where we take a deep dive into American shared consciousness. We now have a YouTube channel at Daily's I Guess Pod.
Speaker 2: You can go.
Speaker 1: Check out what we look like saying stuff like this or even like this. Oh I just was serving kunt when I said that it's Thursday, this Thanksgiving, we're serving cunt. That's right. It's Thursday, November twenty first, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's a National Rural Health Day. Shout out two of those very very delicate health systems we have in rural America. National Gingerbread Cookie Day, National Red Mitten Day. Shut Up's best for the Canadians out there, I believe based on just the image of a maple leaf on a mitten that says Canada National Stuffing Day. That's actually my favorite Thanksgiving food And the Great American Smokeout which isn't the thing that I would be going to. It's actually about smoking cessation. But hey, smokay, get how you live? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it a Great American cessation via the old school way of getting people not smoked by making them smoke like an entire pack in one sitting.
Speaker 2: Yes. Basically it says this is an annual social engineering event woo that sounds good to encourage Americans to top tobacco smoking and basically challenges smokers to quit cigarettes for twenty four hours with the hopes that this decision will continue forever.
Speaker 1: Okay, well they gave it the wrong name, the Great Smokeout Day.
Speaker 2: It just makes me want to go smoke. Well, yeah, brother, about to go get a pack of fucking Optimos or some shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah smoking lab optimost. Anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien aka when you got a brainworm up inside your skull that says double down on the numb back that one courtesy lesson zero on the Discord, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Grass Miles Gray AKA parties.
Speaker 7: Two motherfuckers don't care about you trying to keep up status quose they got there's Finnis slammed the door closed off.
Speaker 2: Of the money. Yes, their morals blow. Okay, shout out Helsion Salad, who did a whole fucking andre verse to the Elevator's outcast track. I just hit the chorus, but I've looked the Zech gang ever since. The more people who joined the Discord, the fucking amount of Aka's in there is blinding, and We're appreciated because I'm dipping into scissors. I gotta hurt the six to six seen an l A Kendrick one that's coming. Some are works of art that I will not sell you with my mortal voice, but I will attempt them. I will attempt them. So shout out House on Sale, shout out everybody.
Speaker 1: Uh, one of these days, once you get your wind up, you gotta you gotta, I gotta get to get ready, get that v O two max up. Well, Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third teapot. One of our favorite guests on the show, one of the very faces on Mount Zeitmore, a hilarious and brilliant producer, TV writer you know from thes This Racist podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Andrew gonna walk you through my thought process on a failed a k A.
Speaker 2: Okay, which is now that now that we are in a Trump's America, I was looking to rewrite the courtesy of the Red, White and Blue by Toby Keith. Oh wow, I got too depressed. I don't even know how that one goes. I know totally.
Speaker 3: That's the one about putting a putting a boot in Osama bin Laden's ass.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a it's.
Speaker 1: A throwback, okay, but god, it must have been so mad when Obama, when ben Laden got killed under the Obamas. Yeah, that must have been what like gave him whatever killed him?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's that's my every time I leave karaoke, I always tell myself, man, you don't be really funny.
Speaker 2: If I learned that the Red White and Blue song and I Never do.
Speaker 1: You might be might be pretty popular in LA these days. We were saying before we started recording, We're seeing the the stray mega hat popping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know. There were two Trump flags in my neighborhood in Echo Park, Yeah, everywhere, which does over index for young shitheads. So you know, yeah, gen zad you knew gen Z was bad? Yeah, Jense's bad. Damn we're right.
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: The wrong? Is it the system? Who knows? Who knows? That would be just these kids these days, I think they're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Andrew, how are you doing? This is the first time coming on since the election?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Right, pretty yeah, real good.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will Here's one thing I will say is I'm probably I'm guessing everyone you have on has to do a little check in. And I've been having a lot of conversations. The thing that has helped me, which is not a real helpful thing, is that everything you thought, everything you think is gonna be bad and it will be bad, is already happening.
Speaker 2: Like literally everything you just I'd say, you just don't think.
Speaker 3: About it, like you know, it was just very like odd, Like I had a conversation with my friend, a friend who's like one of the very like, you know, cable news junkie type you know, very like MSNBC type person and and just the list of things they were very upset about. I was kind of biting my tongue, but I was just like, I'm not saying it's not going to be worse, but.
Speaker 2: All of these things are happening now, right, Yeah, I was. I think it was maybe last week. I was just saying, like, all of these things, when they were problems for like marginalized groups, were just things that were happening. And now that the spotlight had been widened to touch more, just you know, people who didn't see themselves as being marginalized are now like these are fucking problems, And yeah, I hope it can serve as some kind of a moment to inspire people to inspect their values a little bit further, because yeah, it's what I will also say, while things are going to be bad, all this shit is unbelievably out of your control, and there was plenty of shit within your control that you can do. I've been putting more time, I've been slacking a little bit on the mutually group that I try to help out with here in LA. But I've said this on many podcasts already, Like everything you think every your personal thing, the thing you're most worried about. Even in our case in liberal ass southern California, liberal and quotes, we went ahead and didn't outlaw slavery, for instance. So you know, everything bad that you're worried about is happening now and you can do something about it at least on a personal level to one or two or whatever people, And you should do that now. Yeah, I'm sort of coalescing around this idea of for a lot of the folks who don't normally don't do much or just like fret this is this is like idea that like, like, you know, one structure that I have found to be like very damaging to society has been Christianity as it's comprised in America in twenty twenty four. And one thing that organized religion does is ask fucking ten percent out of all of its members. And I know money might not be an option, but consider fucking using ten percent of your work time. So for most people like forty four four sorry four hours a week to fucking do something. Yeah, that's that's my sort of pitch.
Speaker 3: Think of it as a tithe because you know, those fuckers do it reflectively.
Speaker 2: So I can get. Yeah, exactly, how does that get me to lambo? Yeah, so y'all by this merch that we're selling. Thank you, you know, spend about ten percent of your income on that. But no, it is true, like you can any just again, when we had Margaret on, just think about how you can get your toe in. But get your toe just get your dip it, just dip it a little bit and then you just get a little bit more comfortable and then next thing you know, you'll be you'll be much more comfortable with it all.
Speaker 3: So anyway, and since since I since I pitched this, I'm going to go right into my underrated because this has been a part and parcel thing that has been happening, which is while trying to and this is said with all the love that is available. One part of dipping your toe into things like mutual aid, things like local community is at the end of the day, you're going to be hanging out with a lot of people that you find annoying, but it doesn't make them bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So hanging out with people you find annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because my underrated is you know, on the balance, at least they're fucking not Nazis.
Speaker 3: And they're doing shit and you know, sort of like it or not. Those folks are going to be the folks that are motivated and can and have experience and and you know, yes they can. You know, some folks sometimes are a little annoying, but that's okay. I think we all should get better at fucking being okay with annoying people.
Speaker 1: Being around people who are annoying evil.
Speaker 2: When the alternative is evil, you got to he with annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's a good underrated. All right, we're that that is your underrated and we're going to get to know you a little bit better in the moment by get your search history and overrated. But first, a couple of things we're going to be talking about. We're going to be looking at the one thing that we can consistently say about Trump's cabinet is that sexual predation seems to be a required skill. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about just like the evolving kind of defense, the antibodies coming to the defense of neoliberalism in the aftermath of the election, and just that I feel like complexity and then being like, well, you know, we have all these like super complex solutions that are market based that tie people to incentivized structure, Like those sorts of things need to stop, need to be attacked dismantled. But yeah, there's been there's been, like some very annoying beds that I want to talk about. So we'll talk about that. We might get to some cheese heists that are happening, all of that plenty more. But first, Andrew, in addition to asking you something he thinks underrated, we do like to ask what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: All right, this is this is the last I mean, this is obviously just the YouTube algorithm finally honing in on who the fuck I am.
Speaker 2: They captured you I searched for.
Speaker 3: So basically I would I would consider myself a enthusiastic amateur as far as eating too much goes. And YouTube recently really started serving me up people doing food challenge type things. Oh yeah, yeah, and so I did search for food challenges Los Angeles. So I wanted to get out a lay of the land and just just.
Speaker 2: Try to figure out I was.
Speaker 3: I was having conversation with the friend the other day and I was kind of like going over the things that I think I'm genuinely world class, and I feel like there was a time where I was like, I'm a world class eater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that time has passed.
Speaker 3: But you know, sometimes the old dog needs to come out for another blaze of glory.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm going to try it, but I'm really thinking about it for another glory. One last job. I'm really thinking about it, which like such a bad idea. What do you think? What do you think you can really put down? I I think kind of anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, I'm like one of those people that, like, you know, hot food, like spicy. Oh, I guess I probably would prefer Yeah, I would prefer not to have an element of I would prefer volume or speed right over a spice tolerance because that that has that has diminished quicker than my capacity to just fucking throw it down.
Speaker 1: They keep like a Heimlich person on hand for like the speed and volume challenge.
Speaker 2: I think they just have like a mouth adapter for like a shop back yeah mouth and just fucking fire inside. I the the uh the YouTube videos I've seen of professionals who go around doing this does seem to indicate that there's a significant amount of legal indemnity. You have to grant the restaurant before they allow you to try this. There's always a signing of some kind of agreement. Even eating pancakes. They're like, no, motherfucker, because this is this is a bad idea. Yeah, I guess I just feel like I could, uh I can I'm you know again, this is I think this is exactly like the armchair version of like I could beat Serena Williams right plane. Yeah, so I'm sure I couldn't actually, but I genuinely like of the like physical anomalies that exist in the world, you know, physical feats. Yeah, yeah, I think the one that I am closest to, you know, becoming any kind of high level would be competitive eating. Dude, I want to go. Whatever you're tell me when you go try one of these, I want to go. I want to see can you are?
Speaker 1: You do you have to pay for half?
Speaker 2: If you fuck up? I want to see and.
Speaker 1: Because you spend you have the same skill or you're I like.
Speaker 2: To watch, motherfucker want Yeah, yeah, baby, just watch I hit I hit my microphone pantomiming eating.
Speaker 8: Eating All right, Donald Trump, could you eat like would you could you eat three whole Shooter sandwiches a recipe that you put me onto, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Shooter sandwiches once again, whole loaf of country bread, two steaks, and I that's all the volume of it.
Speaker 2: Branson served with Branston pick All on the side. I think three.
Speaker 3: I think I would have a ton of trouble with I think, like in a like I'm trying to win something, capassidy, I could do two all right.
Speaker 2: Right, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Four steaks that's a lot like sixty that's like sixty ounces of and two loaves of bread. I guess it's well the you know the bread is hollowed out.
Speaker 2: In the middle. Yeah, so maybe one loaf of bread, oops, all crusted. Okay, let's talk, let's talk, let's talk. Yeah, I genuinely think I could do it, Okay, I don't think I would like be happy about it, and I think I would.
Speaker 6: I would have to.
Speaker 2: Do all the training, like just like two days prior, like having like just fucking gallons of water, right and whatnot?
Speaker 1: Is that what they do to train for it to stretch the tummy out the tom tom. I can drink things extremely fast, but I don't drink alcohol anymore, so like chugging contests are kind of out the window. But yeah, when we had Margaret Killjoy on, she was saying, like, you know, figure out the thing you're good at, and then you know, find a way to help people with that. And I've been breaking my brain trying to be like, how can I with the speed with which I can down a twelve pack of Mountain Dew, how can I help the world? And no takers so far.
Speaker 6: Are I'm not yet?
Speaker 2: So okay, So Jessica is a doctor an engineer. Jack, Okay, you wrote down you love yellow number five food?
Speaker 1: Guys like, did drink it? Until changes the color of my veins?
Speaker 6: Yeah? My arms? Bro?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, n I got bro. I call it the sparkle blow.
Speaker 1: I look like Edward from a Twilight every time I'm done, because I'm just sparkling.
Speaker 3: It's it's like Twilight, but you change the color grading on your TV and it's sort of.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, did you put a magnet by it? Maybe I just I can't tell what's happening here. No, I'm just pretty sure. I mean again, I'm not one hundred percent, which is why I looked up I you know, once it started getting real, I was like, could I eat a burrito that was comprised of like six tortillas and then otherwise burrito size?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: I think I could.
Speaker 6: Burrito?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you ever done my competitive Chipotle Li burrito eating anything? That was the thing I remember when I lived in New York in my early twenties. My friends who went into like Wall Street stuff that was a big thing with like bankers competitively, like yeah, dude, this this guy's a legend. He took down four bricks one lunch thing. It's like, what do you mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Four full chipot L burritos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder The closest I ever came is when I worked at Comedy Central one year.
Speaker 3: Instead of you know, paying as well, they once a year like get an in and out food truck to come to the parking lot and they would be on the house and there was a double double eating contest and I had signed up for it, but I had a meeting that went long, so I couldn't make it out of the parking lot time. But the winner was like five and a half and I'm like, I could easily eat more than five and a half double kidding.
Speaker 1: Doubles was the winner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and a.
Speaker 2: Half eleven patties. Yeah, but it's like doable. I mean I remember eating two. I eat two four by floors in high school. Yeah, it's all it was. I was shocked at how low the number was. And I was like, because again to.
Speaker 1: Me, it seems like an unsustainable, like incomprehensible amount of food. But like I yeah, so everybody has their thing and this, no, I agree.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's not too much food. I don't want to eat it, but I'm definitely saying I could eat it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, Yeah, you have a skill, you have a get.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I have a skill. And I'm seriously considering testing.
Speaker 1: You do the good will hunting speech, but with like a bag of double double. Do you have any fucking idea how easy this is for me? Do you have any idea?
Speaker 2: Lighted on fire?
Speaker 1: For some reason, I.
Speaker 2: Guess I should should test it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe not.
Speaker 1: Maybe you just tested that one time.
Speaker 3: You know what, that's what my search history should have been. How do you know if you have what it takes to be a competitive eater? There you go, what's something you think is overrated, overrated, uh doing your thing aka getting the wrong thing at restaurants. I there's a fucking place. There's there's a fucking place in La a chain not a chain, but there are multiple locations. A gaalby gym place called Sundongdong, yes, which has so if.
Speaker 2: Anyone is not, wait, so you didn't get the gay no.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I was with someone that was like, I just want soup, and I was like, get the fuck out of this restaurant that.
Speaker 1: They do here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so anyone doesn't is like it's like braised Korean brisket, beef rib and if you order the upgrade Oxtail's and then quite sweet.
Speaker 1: If you under the upgrade on that, they put oh yeah, full heap of mozzarella cheese on it and bring out a bloat torch that's melt the cheese on top until it's fucking bubbling. It's one of the great Like.
Speaker 2: I will say, I am anti the cheese, but yes, it is.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: It's so indulgent, it's so ridiculous. I need it. I think it's already you definitely food, don't need it. It turns it's like what if Korean food was a pizza right, essentially a stone bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was I was reminded of one because I had this fucking insane experience with my friend. Was like, I just want to like the brisket soup, which the brisket soup is fine, but it's just like brisket and broth, and I was just like and and something that doesn't do it particularly well. There are places in Koreatown that do it wonderfully. But yeah, this was peaked in my brain because there's a Postmates I think ad like a billboard right now that has SunDog Dog listed as one of their things and it shows as their example food, not the Galbi gym, and it was making me feel crazy. Also, I went with a friend to tam O'Shanter, which is a prime rib joint in Los Angeles, and that the funder got the salmon, and it making me feel like I was losing my mind. Yeah, okay, And it was both times some version of I'm just doing my thing, I don't feel like it, and it's like, get the fuck out of this restaurant.
Speaker 2: I find special. Yeah, it made me so mad.
Speaker 1: That's very frustrating.
Speaker 3: I hate Yeah, never never just do the thing or don't go. And I know people have dietary restrictions, but I'm gonna be obtuse about it anyway.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back, We'll talk about some news, and we're back. We're back, and yeah, it's it's uh starting to look like a trend in the Trump cabinet in terms of a pattern. Yeah, pat, let's call it a pat.
Speaker 2: A pattern emerges, I think because.
Speaker 1: Maybe not a rule specifically, No, no, not a rule.
Speaker 2: But I think it's just a coincidence. Okay, Yeah, I think there's a higher maybe cluster of people in that orbit. But yeah, when you look at their recent nominations for cabinet positions, you know, so many of these people have sexual harassment or sexual assault allegations against them. Elon Musk obviously had to settle with a private jet flight attendant who accused him of like exposing himself and trying to pay her for sex. Pete Hegseeth, who's the Secretary of Defense nominee, was accused of rape and apparently settled out of court. Matt Gates has his own shit, accused of trafficking miners and statutories rape his own shit. I mean, like he has a whole ethics. Like this guy was so embroidered. He had to be like, bro, I need to fucking resign from Congress. Can you help me? He's like, I don't even give a fuck if I get I just just get me out of this shit. RFK accused of assaulting the family nanny and like also set like sharing nude photos of like women non consensually. Very again, these are all like the pattern seems very interesting. And now we have Linda.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do with Linda McMahon.
Speaker 2: She a woman, Okay, she was just tapped to be Secretary of Education. Her husband, obviously, Vince McMahon of w w E fame, has faced so many allegations there's like documentaries about it. Now has paid out millions to settle sexual harassment and rape cases. Linda is now also was named in a suit from former ring boys that's what they're called. This is from The Daily Beast. Last month, the group of five former ring boys named the McMahons in a sex abuse lawsuit, along with World Wrestling Entertainment and its parent company, The John Does alleged that from the nineteen seventies to the nineteen nineties, former WWE announcer Melvin Phillips Junior groomed and sexually assaulted them and other miners without any consequences from his employer. The obviously Lynda mcmonslayer is like, this is all just it's scurrilous, it's it's mendacious, this is this is absurd. They're dragging her name through the mud merely because she turned a blind eye. Now McMahon has zero experience and education, so that's also in the other pattern that emerges. It's like, that's also not nessus. That's not a prerequisite to have a cabinet position. So I don't know if she'd Maybe they're being nominated purely because she has demonstrated like the acute power of looking the other way when terrible things are happening around her.
Speaker 1: But any connection, Like, I'm confused.
Speaker 2: She's all about school choice. She's definitely on that shit you which is the other way to be, Like, let's let's basically deflate public education and send the money to charter schools and other people who want to teach alternate versions of history right wing liars. Yeah, you know, the other the other common thread of Trump's cabinet. It is, of course, you know, it's smell crazy in there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because these are some of the crustiest, Yeah, crustiest individuals I can think of. Yeah, truly, truly, I mean, like I think the at a minimum a lot, all these nominations definitely send like a message that you know, holding sexual predators to account for their actions is a futile effort and in fact, we will normalize and reward these people. Yeah, that is the world that is. I mean, I mean, this has been happening for a while, but this is this is very much a very in your face version of all this now. But yeah, I think speaking of krusty though, we.
Speaker 1: Crusty and you know it's smell crazy in there, we should Yeah.
Speaker 2: Whitaker Return of the Matt Whittaker. Remember, so here's the throwback for those that remember was listening to the show during the first Trump administration. Matt Whittaker. He was the man that served as Jeff Sessions chief of staff while he was Attorney General. And then Sessions did the thing of like trying to follow the loss of Trump shit canned him and there was this interim acting age named Matt Whittaker, who was like the guy between Jeff Sessions and Bill Barr, and we talked about all these things that he was involved in. He was, you know, he was. He took like four hundred thousand dollars to you know, help other people beg Trump for pardons. He lied about being an academic All star football player. And really the part that I think we fondly remember is he tried to he designed a toilet for men who are well endowed downstairs, mister Dick toilet, that's the guy who's back. Dick Toilet is back NATO ambassador. Is what his exposition could be or probably will be.
Speaker 1: Definitely, it's such a great like just you know, li the lies that someone tells are just so revealing, and it's like, I'm an academic All American football star, h and my dick is so big that it drags in the toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah what Wait? Was the pitch for this toilet a depth issue?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I believe it was a depth issue. It was like the water too high.
Speaker 2: You're hanging. It's such a weird toilet. You're just an old man with just low low balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, saggy balls. What about those of us with saggy dick and balls, I mean, giant, giant genitals.
Speaker 2: Could it just wouldn't it be cheaper to just create like a net to hold your sack with that you could put like around like underneath the toilet seat whatever. I'm just trying to figure people don't People don't have dick toilet money. They might have all nasty you have to poop through the net. No, no, no, it's like a front with me, the front Netky are we can we open up the zoom whiteboard please?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, let's form the AI function on. So we have all of these points noted for a post war.
Speaker 1: Like a little net guarter that goes around your like upper thighs y yeah thing bro, yeah, ok, yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Imagine like imagine like a mask, right, ye, goes around right there and then you sit down. It's towards the front and then its mestled in here. So it doesn't it keeps it from going into the toilet water. Yeah all right, sharks, we all know this is a problem.
Speaker 1: All investment small million dollars of three million the ball net.
Speaker 2: So this is a sixty million dollar company. Yeah oh yeah minimum. Oh your bargain. You're getting it. This is the thing we're preying on on men's sort of obsession with genital size. No guy's gonna not buy it.
Speaker 6: Isn't what.
Speaker 2: You don't need one of these when you go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Just sell it to any public institution the.
Speaker 6: America single use.
Speaker 3: And the most important thing is the big dispenser display that sits right outside of your bathroom, right, And.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like a like a large counter that tells you how many have been used and when used, it.
Speaker 1: Makes a little sound every time you pull it out, so I gotta gotta get protected, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It connects to your ring, so every time the doorbell opens and you don't take one, it just makes a little like like area wide announcement, like small dick alert. Yeah, yeah, small alert. Perfect, just thought.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk about neoliberalism a little bit because I think it's cool now I've been since the election. I feel like whatever comes next for the opposition party to the current fascist Republican government needs to specifically take aim not just at fascism because they tried that, but also and perhaps mainly focus the attack on neoliberalism, like we were talking about with the party that got reelected during the supposed like, you can't get re elected at this time as the incumbent in Mexico. They did, and their whole thing was we are a leftist party that attacks neoliberalism and makes the focus dismantling neoliberalism and the sort of corporatetocracy whatever is the easiest to call it, the machine, the system as it currently exists, the thing that is constantly siphoning money from people up to corporations and billionaires. I was listening to I guess John Stewart has a podcast called The Weekly Show. I listened for the first time yesterday, and he was interviewing someone named Sarah Smarsh who's written about like the Democratic Party turning their back on the working class. And one of the things John Stewart said was like he was like, but the Democrats actually like do good things for the working class, and they just can't message it. And he was like, for instance, like and he made this point that was like, so he was like, when you think about it, South Carolina is like Mexico when you compare to northeastern states with more worker protections.
Speaker 6: Why didn't that.
Speaker 1: Resonate with people, and it was like being raised from the standpoint of like, if they just knew what democrats did for them, like what neoliberalism does for them, they would have voted for Harris, which I think is wrong, and like all these technocratic plans are wrong, and not just because people are too stupid to understand them. I think the people who are suspicious of these complex sounding neoliberal like market based solutions are are correct, like those things should be and so like. But the fact that he was like proposing this very complex idea and was like, but if they only knew, you know, was clarifying to me because I do think that is like one of the core issues that needs to be focused on, like neoliberalism has hidden unjust, indefensible like wealth redistribution to corporations and to wealthy people behind complexity. Like I think that is people are onto that now, like just look at all of Wall Street, look at health insurance, look at banking fees, look at the fact that we still have to do our taxes even though every other country just sends you a fucking bill. The whole deal is they exhaust you with financial terms and complexity, and then.
Speaker 6: They take your money.
Speaker 1: Basically, I'm like, I feel like people are onto it and like that that's like a huge fucking yeah.
Speaker 2: I think without being able to art I think a lot of people are onto the sensation that something is deeply wrong, but it they're the articulation of it is where I think we're kind of at that crossroads with who, like how who's going to capture the messaging around that feeling better because I think for Trump, there was like a version where he's just like it's all rigged and like that was kind of like, yeah, I couldn't feel that right, even though he himself is like yeah, watch this.
Speaker 5: He's also but I want to hear the reason, like I think there's this opportunity is he's about to do it like worse and more transparent currently than anyone ever.
Speaker 1: So it's like somebody could come and make this point. I just don't know if they're going to be willing to because they're just so addicted to this fucking model of throwing out really complex solutions that they can then use to redistribute money to wealthy people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there's I mean, there's a there's an op ed in the New York Times from this guy who was like a staffer for Harry Reid and John Fetterman, and he's just good. He's just doing the whole thing of like, oh, the typical stuff. He goes after like there was just too much emphasis being put on like trans rites and you're like that wasn't did that actually happen? I don't think it did. I don't think that was being articulated by the Democratic Party and sort of goes on to be like, it's like this is this is a quote. It says the Democrats are quote crippled by a fetish for putting coalition management over a real desire for power, and they're too eager to please liberal and progressive interest groups that impose rigid mores and the rigid mores and vocabulary of college educated elites placing a hard ceiling on Democrats appeal. And goes on to basically be like, they're seeing too much ground to like these interest groups, like in people like the ACLU or people who are concerned with climate change. But again, you look at how this campaign was run and it did not feel like that at all. No, So what are you saying weird? Lie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, truly, truly, they ran as Republicans like that was what they did. It was, yeah, like this is this is exactly like the thing that was evident like during the campaign is that Harris changed her like that. That was a thing that I think, like when you heard people like talking about it, like they were like, we don't know what she stands for and it's because she changed positions like on so many different things. And I just this is exactly the wrong lesson to take from this election, like do whatever it takes by changing your positions, look like you stand for nothing. That is exactly why they lost. They're basically just like we just need to do that thing we just lost doing, but like do it harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, because every group has some corners kind of whip like ideological whiplash from the Democrats, so like it could be like, yeah, over policing is bad black lives due matter. Cut to the new platform. They fucking they're like, I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about it that shit four years ago talking about protecting immigrants, talking about some kind of pathway to citizenship. I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about. I never said some shit like that, talk like there's so many things like that, people like what the fuck are y'all even talking about? And I think the biggest reason for people to be like, what is going on with you guys, like you don't stand for anything is they completely use the like.
Speaker 9: This this this administration is a threat to our freedoms and our democracy line during the entire campaign, but now that the dust has settled and we know what we're going into, they're perfectly fine whatever.
Speaker 2: They're perfectly fine with letting whatever happens happen. They're not even a push to be like, yo, we're gonna try and gum up, We're gonna try and sabotage this shit. So he there's like we're gonna put up all kinds of weird roadblocks to see what we can do just to kind of slow down the progress of this we're talking about we're having Pelosi and people be like, yeah, we can find common ground.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: They have sold out every everything that has been their like foundational like supposed like ideological thing. They've sold everything out, So what the fuck are people supposed to get excited enough about to go vote for, like, including in this past election, their whole thing was like this is like fascism. This is scary. This is going to usher in a new era of fascism unlike anything you've ever seen. And then immediately and for like no benefit that I can see other than being like I don't want to make things hot for myself, they immediately buckled. They immediately buckled.
Speaker 3: That was why it felt like the like the government was lost already regardless of the outcome of the election, Like life is lost.
Speaker 2: And it was.
Speaker 3: Just like, you know, we can't count on any of these people, Like one of them is worse, but we can't count on either of them.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just know that's.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's It just feels like whatever the next viable opposition is, Like it's not going to be in an.
Speaker 2: Op ed, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: It's probably going to be mocked by John Favreau and the New York Times like when it's in its early stages and until it has any sort of electoral success, But like that is what it's going to take, and it's not going to be probably the mainstream Democratic Party, Like it's going to have to be some sort of you know, political insurgency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people just got to get more into the like simple kind of analysis first, just to be like, is what they're proposing going to rock the status quo? Because if not get it the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: It needs to specifically take art, take aim at, and be about like dismantling the status quo. That's like the only thing that could possibly work. Like it needs to in the same way that Trump like targeted status quo, mainstream media values and mainstream Democrat party values and even like mainstream Republican party values when he first started, Like, it needs to do that. It just needs to do that and actually have beliefs, have like belief and the solutions cannot be something that involves like banks and like, let you know, the ACA, like Obamacare, they let fucking insurance companies come in and write that law. You know, like the they ran this version of the Democratic Party, ran on hope and change and then bailed Wall Street out, like I don't like again in like super complicated legal fashion that like I don't I think people they've they've lost all credibility and nobody's ever gonna trust anything that sounds complex again from this, and nor should they.
Speaker 2: I feel like, well, yeah, I mean do you think the rise of just like I know, the Internet also had a lot to do with this, but it feels like all of the culture, like I feel like that scams are so much bigger now everywhere.
Speaker 3: And I do think as you're saying it, it occurred to me it was like, oh, all this added complexity, like you know, from fucking cryptocurrency to just like like all the Internet shit. Like I think it partially it's people are living in a world where everything is so complicated that you know, like you're banking shit. When you hear the scam version of it, it's not that much more complicated than what it fucking happens with Chase or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, this whole like proliferation of liars and cheats is because that's the baseline, because there's no simple shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all using the same method, seem too complicated or make it too complicated for anybody to follow, and then in the fucking smoke bomb that that creates abscond with all the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the complexity thing is so like the thing you're talking about. Rather than getting down to this like microscopic level or like wonky policy speak, you just you begin to just paint a picture that is a little bit easier if people understand that, like, people deserve more, and we are on the we're in the pursuit of finding a way to get people what they deserve in the areas of healthcare, housing, education, all these things. And it doesn't have to be like this is what we're doing for this specific group or whatever. It's basically that, like we're trying to do this so everyone benefits. But again that gets into then people start, you know, you're obviously going to have these like interest groups are going to need to be like their lobbying interests be like, hey, this is what it sounds like. What you're saying is like anti corporatocracy. So we don't like this. But again, it's simpler to tell somebody just be like, yo, dude, whatever your need, whatever you need, we're trying to get that to you. Yeah, And that's that's the thing to even talk about. And I know that's that's going to be that's impossible for the Democratic Party to do because in that same OpEd, they're like, we need to go back to messaging things like protecting abortion rights, cheaper prescription medicines, protecting social security, and those things are like they're fine because essentially it's they want to do something anything that resembles progressive policy without actually fully rocking the boat. And again, the Democrats could have protected abortion rights, but I'm sure they found it much more potent to use as a carrot on a stick to try and get people to vote for them than to actually do the work to protect people. Yeah, so it's also hard in this media landscape. I mean, one thing that was insane about this election was the in the in California, the propositions because we have a form of direct democracy in California, the fucking Landlords Association just lying, lying, lying in ads like yeah, it's actually not going to create more affordable housing.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 2: Well, truly it was like this this bill will overturn I forget which proposition was the good one, but it's like this will overturar rend control protections and it's thirty three. Yeah that's not true, like they were lying. Yeah, it's it's because it was I think the thing that they're trying to like it was the existing measures around it, Yes, because it was going to get more robust, and they're just they're using that to be like it's gonna blow up the rent control policies where you have, yeah, to usher in better.
Speaker 3: Ones, yeah, or to give to give local cities and counties the ability to to in state.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was basically like we're gonna they're going to overturn the status quo. But they just lied in a way that was like a little shocking because and you know, a similar thing happened with the the Lyft and Uber independent contractor shit the previous big election, where those companies just lied. They had like testimonials from mostly Lyft and Uber drivers saying like this would be bad for me and it's not true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's the thing that is.
Speaker 3: Going to be tough, which is just like we're also in this era of straight up lying that I.
Speaker 2: Do feel like is more than usual. Am I crazy?
Speaker 1: No, it's I mean we've lost the media. We don't have a functional media anymore. So there's nothing, there's no consequences. Why wouldn't they lie? Yeah, if you turn it to your point about like the financial logic of the current system, like we're in an era of scamm Like s scammer is the president. People love scammers, They like kind of admire them, you know, as long as they're successful scammers who make a lot of money. So like, the the reason to not lie and cheat like is no longer there, I feel like, you know, yeah, so yeah, it makes sense to me that like people would continue continuously.
Speaker 2: Well merely behave in a way that they feel like is reflecting how they feel they're being treated by the like the country on some love. Yeah. So if everyone arounds like, oh, it's all scams, okay, so scams are on the menu, then yeah, that's what it is, you know what I mean, And I think it's it's.
Speaker 3: Really I will say one that I maybe this might also be my YouTube addiction now my newfound YouTube addiction. But I kind of have come entirely around on scamming people via like NFTs. I mean, of course the NFT people were terrible, but all of the people that lost money on NFTs were people that also thought they could scam people. And yeah, there is a perverse, like you know, of course, some honest people lost money, but it is sort of nice that only mostly terrible people lost their terrible people money on NFTs and cryptocurrency in general. Although I guess that's up right now, but don't worry. It's still a scam folks. There's no use case for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think the most effective thing is that they've created a bunch of people who have just had their wealth spike because of crypto shooting up, and those will those are going to be the people who will evangelize why we need to protect it in sort of physical space to other people who are outside of that crypto world. And I think that's that's what is about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like the actual I think I've said on this podcast before, but I might be one of the few retail users of cryptocurrency that exists on Earth. Like I'm not doing it, like I use it to play we'll say quasi to not legal poker online, and using it is the most odious like like trying to use like just like a retail amount of money is insane. It' I think I'll just say it. I've said it before other places of the public. I was trying to move like I think somewhere between three and five hundred dollars onto this poker site and it cost me nineteen dollars in bitcoin fees, and I was like, this is this is a uniquely shitty experience that it makes me wish fucking Wells Fargo. Someone someone like Wells Fargo was involved in this transaction. Please help fucking crazy America. Yeah, that's how bad cryptocurrency is. I know everyone listening to this knows that, but it truly is amazing.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 6: We'll come back.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about a brand new scheme that I guess. I guess it isn't that new, but a scheme that I hadn't been paying attention to.
Speaker 2: We'll be right.
Speaker 6: Back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: And so violent crime may be down in the US, not that anybody was aware of that one voting, apparently, but dairy related crime is on the rise worldwide apparently. The last month, a daring thief made headlines for stealing more than three hundred thousand pounds worth of award winning cloth bound Cheddar.
Speaker 2: Pounds sterling, not the weight pound yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Pounds sterly, sorry thanks to It was basically, they did an elaborate con that involved impersonating a wholesale distributor for a big French Cheddar retailer. I don't associate France with Cheddar, but.
Speaker 2: Oh you feel like Cheddar's beneath the French?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cheddar feels like that's like some US show, you know, it feels like like that that's what several wars have been fought over, is France versus England. But yeah, basically Ocean eleven if George Clooney got hungry halfway through the movie and changed all his plans to be like about just getting as much cheese as possible. But yeah, I don't know, this kind of ties into what we were talking about, Like there's just a lot of appetite for cheese in the black market apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's last week and Vancouver police stopped the thief from stealing twelve eight hundred dollars worth of cheese from Whole Foods. That's so much cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, It's the thing that it's really interesting though, is like the why you know, because you're like, what the fuck? What cheese? Like a three hundred thousand pound sterling cheese heist? What what are y'all doing? Where you like the pound? Where's the market.
Speaker 1: Actual pound like weight pound? It was apparently as many as four full weighed roughly the same amount as four full sized elephants, which that's I'm like, so that that's why you normally do jewel thief.
Speaker 2: Which is what that amount is called a truckle. They said, nine hundred and fifty truckles of cheese. Once you step on it, throwing a little velveda, you don't even know how big it is, exactly exactly. Oh yeah, bro, I turned that nine to fifty truckles in about fucking three thousand truckles. Baby. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Basically, the price of chesn't specifically fine cheese has been going up on the black market, meaning that the resale price is also higher everywhere. And it's just wild to me that people are buying cheese on the black market, right but right next to where drugs are sold.
Speaker 2: They're like, well too, because it's not like somebody's like, yo, b I need my cloth bound cheddar man sick, oh, like I need that shit. It's because the price are I like, restaurants in bakeries are like to the ones who are like, yo, you got that ship on the low? Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll cop that. Yeah yeah, I'm gonna make a I'm just gonna make a business pitch to the lovely ziking out here. This luxury cheese got to be something you can forge, right, you just put that that fancy cloth on the outside oft to be something you can fucking how many dickheads are really gonna be like like, oh, take a little taste and be like this is this is fake? Could you imagine? It's like it's like a whole fucking Miami vice sample the goods, Yeah, and puts it into a brink and then like like nah, this ain't camm beer.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying there are levels of funk you can achieve without whatever then happens.
Speaker 2: Just straight up just like shitty fucking I'm just saying it has to given the incentives, this has to be doable. And somebody fucking do the Great cheese heist or no, the Great cheese forgery. Someone is the Rembrandt of forging cheeses. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: A block of Philadelphia cream cheese with like some spices mixed.
Speaker 2: Listen, I listen. There has to be some some version of just apple cider, vinegar, a little bit of fucking a little bit of the original gin well like because if you think about it, right, like the way it's being reported, it is like small businesses that are the biggest buyers of black market cheese that I'm sure those people involved in the game are like, yeah, bro, I just flipped like a fucking eighteen pounds of tillamook and I told him that, Ye from England. You can you can dust it up. You can fucking add a little bit of whatever the fuck needs to go on to the straws and whatnot. Because also, like you know, this is a thing like when you tell people some food is a fine thing, they fucking buy it. Your brain fills in all the gaps. Yeah, you just add enough like fucking complexity. Again, my pitch is a little bit of mustard powder, but it could be anything, right, a little bit.
Speaker 1: I feel like mustard powder would trick my ass. Yeah, I mean one of the things I say is a strength of this because like obviously, like jewels, fine art much easier to transport, like than yeah, four elephants worth or fucking nine hundred truckles worth of cheese. But one of the upsides of cheese is that it's they say it's easily laundered because it's you just repurpose it in the kitchen and it's gone. It's in someone's digestive tract like four days later. Yeah, the evidence is evaporates. Yeah, nobody.
Speaker 2: Toilet, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: The FBI is not like this person suddenly came upon a whole lot of cheese, you know, it just it shows up in like the bottom line of a restaurant three months later, and no, nobody's the wiser.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, it's just wild. Like in the early two thousands, cheese was the most stolen product in the UK and Europe. Not yeah, the most stolen food, but the most stolen product period. I mean, I get it, bro, Like, what's what are you gonna do? Like, how many years do you do if you get caught with like three truckles of cheese versus a fucking kilo of fucking heroin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like restaurants are shady as fuck, you know, like the restaurant industry is. I'm sure like that it's so infused by mobs and stuff like that that I'm sure it's not that hard to plug that ship right into the supply chain.
Speaker 3: You know, someone out there write a write a the bear specscript about the cheese one episode.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I got heroin. Yeah, yeah, this is fucking crazy. But this also, that's the other loophole.
Speaker 3: Now the fucking restaurant can claim, oh this has whatever you know, insane cheese in it, and then if they ever get found out, which they never would, they can be like, oh my black market cheese.
Speaker 2: Guy fucking lied to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, told me scam scams up and down, it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: Told me got it whole foods for really that it was just on sale. I did realize, like at a certain point my surprise at it being cheddar is just me being like, come on, there's gotta be parmesan, right because mafia, come.
Speaker 2: On, what are we doing here? Folks conditioned immediately them?
Speaker 1: Come on, I seen good fellas. I know what they the mafia does in prison, like the garlics so fine premium cheese. Anyways, maybe we can connect this black market cheese smuggling to an eating contest.
Speaker 2: If you know somebody who's in in the in the game. Like, I just want to know a little bit more about how that works.
Speaker 3: Like we need the mongers, we need the scammers, we need the daarists.
Speaker 2: The cows. There's some cows.
Speaker 3: There's got to be black market cows out there squaring out this black mark of cheese.
Speaker 1: Yes, fine, let us know stressed out cow looks like Adam move moves like Adam Sandler in Andrew T what a pleasure having you on? Where can people find you?
Speaker 2: Follow you?
Speaker 1: All that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 3: You know since day one, I've been just posting non stop on Blue Sky, just.
Speaker 2: Blue blueying it just up the up the roof. I don't know, I will say I have. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I I replaced Blue Sky with where the Twitter app was on my phone, just like in terms of app placement to thumb muscle memory.
Speaker 1: And it did make me sick.
Speaker 3: It's not good, but it did make me significantly less anxious. So fucking I guess, I guess follow me there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know it is this racist that's my podcast, I will say on the premium show, because my co host has been out of town, I've been doing a lot of single person musings about mutual aid that I have heard people find useful.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's true. I'm a dumbass, but consider it.
Speaker 1: There you go, go check it out. Always a great show. Thank you, and go follow Andrew on Blue Sky Blue Sky and Andrew t Head on threads this Ski that's social. I'm still at the point where, like I, every time I type Blueska into an actual computer browser. I go to just blue sky dot com, which is just a random place themselves, like home goods.
Speaker 2: Did you even log into blue Sky on I've never even tried. Yeah, I don't know if you can. Fuck. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of media Andrew that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I've been trying to teach myself how to write procedurals in our new media landscape. It feels like that's the ship that people are gonna want. And so I have been watching the fucking Rockford Files from the top.
Speaker 2: Wow. Let me tell you, I don't know much about the history of it. I don't know much about detective genres. What I do know is that the entertainment industry in the seventies was rife with cocaine, and watching like episode like mainlining episodes of The Rockford Files really under underlines that shit, because some of that shit is Craig Cray.
Speaker 6: Wow, what is the Rockford Files guy?
Speaker 2: It's like a police procedural.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's atective procedural, just a just fucking I don't even know his name is Rockford. Uh, I don't know if he has a first name. I'm sure he does and having.
Speaker 6: The rock Ford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's like a thing where I' like don't really have any connection to any of it. It was his name, fucking James Garner was the the actor. I'm looking at the Wikipedia now, but it's mostly just like to me, the way the stories come together, I'm trying to learn the rhythm of a detective, a quirky detective procedural, and and he's that. But it's very it's very la and it's very just. It seems to be an incredibly hot woman comes to him with a problem of the week. Somewhere around thirty six minutes, there is a car or plane chase that doesn't totally connect for me in terms of how we got there. There's various types of kung fu of various quality, and oftentimes a pretty pretty fucked up gunfight that also feels totally a wee bet out of the blue in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Car chase in the seventies, it's that's just one of those things where I'm like, I'll never understand, like this is this isn't interesting to me, Like a lot of car chasers are just boring as hell. It's really weird. Brothers is a real overlap of two things that I will never be able to understand. It's hard to put yourself and yeah car chases and just put yourself in the mindset because it's just.
Speaker 3: Like, I know all of our attention spans have been eroded, but I feel like classically like that at the time, people are like fucking like a new episode of Rockford Files was like, oh what if they made a new fast and furious movie every week? This is the most heart power ship you could have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know when people are like movie podcasts or whatever, like what's all right? Top three favorite movie? Yeah, car chases? You might as well be like.
Speaker 2: That part in Bullet.
Speaker 3: Where his car goes like three inches off the ground, like shy, don't.
Speaker 1: You might as well know about like the five greatest volleyball players.
Speaker 2: Of all time? All right?
Speaker 6: Sure, sick?
Speaker 1: I think I'd actually if I went and watched the volleyball players, I'd be I'd have more reaction than like any any just seem the same to me.
Speaker 3: Any entertainment that has to cut for you to get it, that has to cut to a guy in a director's chair going, what you have to understand about the time.
Speaker 6: Is and.
Speaker 3: Do just a long, long explanation of like that's that does sound thrilling?
Speaker 1: People still hadn't gotten used to the idea of cars.
Speaker 2: Miles.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Is there a working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, find me everywhere miles of Gray, including Blue Sky. Check us all out over there, and you can find Jack and on the basketball podcast Mountain Jack on Mad Boosties. Find me talking about ninety.
Speaker 10: Four to twenty day fiance a Blue Ski, I like, is from uh at this one over here is, but but the O and over is a zero.
Speaker 2: Uh And they they said this place is big coffee shop inside a bookstore vibes and I'm here for it. It's like a very specific You're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, if you're kicking it in here that I think. I think I have an idea of what planet you're from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to make this proposal, and I'm sure it's happened elsewhere. But I feel like I've I'm not hearing this as much as I thought I would, which is Elon doesn't want it. I think we should just call posts on Blue Sky.
Speaker 2: Tweets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tweets are things sounds that come out of the skyds.
Speaker 2: He just sues people on Blue Sky for using every time as I prefer always, Like, are we calling them skates business? Really right? It's like just because crawl personally, just because you can be like he me get some Kleenex or whatever, that doesn't mean it's the brand.
Speaker 3: It's like you just associate the thing. Oh may I have a facial tissue? Get the fuck out of here, kleen X.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian and on Blue Sky at jack ob the number one dot bskuy dot Social. Somebody pointed out it could be interpreted as Jack oh bone rock Lobster on the discord like aka, no sorry, Doc Underscore Lobster on the discord jackobone dot best guy, Hey jackobone, but jacko B number one. I did a bad job on pigging my Blue Sky name.
Speaker 6: Who cares?
Speaker 2: I don't given the exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should add your ao L dot com address on there. I give it jackob at a o L dot com dot dsky dot dot what exactly?
Speaker 1: I've been enjoying an account over there called awful Taste but Great Execution, where they feature photos of things like somebody who just like completely nailed a glossy nail that looks like salami, or nails that look like tongues coming into the tips of their fingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the perfect time on a social media thing where you just take shit wholesale from Reddit and post it on another app as if you're the one like yeah, an all the way, because that's like so many content accounts are just like if you're on Ready or like that was on Reddit earlier. But yeah, that's a whole subreddit called at b ge awful Taste with great execution.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did just right? Is the time I am catching it now. One of them is like a shag carpet that looks like they've made it look like crocodile is emerging from the shag carpet.
Speaker 2: It's fucking so rare.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. I think we're on Blue Sky. We're gonna start posting episodes and all that shit on Blue Sky pretty soon, where the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnote. No we look off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles of song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: We're going back to the well the djon and McGee. Well, last time there was a video of that track, Big MIC's the live version. Well, there's another performance from that same sort of visual album. This is djon and McGee, but this is dejons track. It's called talk Down, but check out the live version because it's super dope too, kind of a similar setting. I think the album version sounds cool, but the live version sounds, in my opinion, way better, So check it out. It's on YouTube. Djon talk Down, the live version, check it out.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, we'll link off to that in the footnotes.
Speaker 6: The daily production of ByHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite show. That's going to do it for us this morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to y'all then, Bye bye