Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Welcome to the most dramatic podcast ever. I am Chris Harrison alongside Lauren Zema, coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas. It is good to be back home, even though it's a little rainy and stormy down here in Central Texas. Yeah, we're Central Texas, And uh, did.
Speaker 2: You just forget where we live?
Speaker 1: I was thinking, I was trying to think where Austin was if.
Speaker 2: I'm the directionally challenged one. Not yet.
Speaker 1: Look, I grew up in North Texas, so you know, I think North Texas, Dallas, Fort Worth, and then yeah, we're.
Speaker 2: I realized living here.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: This is going to sound dumb. Texas is big.
Speaker 1: Like if if you've ever had to drive, which I have, I drove to California and or you'll drive out to the Panhandle to go to Lubbock or out there. I did some work out there back when I was a teenager. It's it's a day.
Speaker 2: Texas is like its own country.
Speaker 3: Like you've I remember because your brother lives down in South Padre where I've never been, and we talk about visiting him, and you're like well, yeah, we could drive, but you know, from some places, South Padre is like an eight hour drive and I was like an eight hour drive, and you're like, yeah, and you're in Texas the whole time.
Speaker 1: We used to drive down from Dallas to South Padre. That was like our beach, and it's a twelve hour drive from there.
Speaker 3: It's a twelve hour drive from there. You can traverse multiple states in that. I used to live in Chicago drive on school breaks to Missou University of Missouri, and.
Speaker 1: That was like a seven hour drive in the same amount of time. My guess is you could if you started on the Red River, the border of Oklahoma and Texas, and if you went twelve hours north, you could probably go through four states.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we're.
Speaker 3: Really getting I mean, you know, the traversing of Texas is very personal. But I just what's funny is you've just come back from San Diego, which was only a two hour flight. That's one thing I love about living in Austin. Everything's a two hour flight from here. So you just got home.
Speaker 1: I did. I was out there doing some great stuff with Calloway Golf. My friend's over there at Callaway who I've been working with and have supported for ten years and vice versa. So we did a little fun, little project you'll see coming up probably in a month or so, but also hit some golf balls.
Speaker 3: Well, that was the cutest part. He's going to do this thing with Calloway and you kind of buried the lead as we say. He tells me as he's about to leave to go to the airport, well, and they're going to fit me for new clubs. And I was like, babe at this point with my little sports awareness. But five years in, even I know that's a big deal and that's very exciting.
Speaker 1: It's called knowing your audience. There's just certain things I'm not going to bore you with.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for you about that.
Speaker 1: It was a good day for me.
Speaker 3: I listen, it's very different to like watch you play five holes of golf than it is for you to just tell me I'm getting fitted for new clubs. And I know you're going to love that, and I'll be very excited for you for that night.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Thanks for being happy for me.
Speaker 3: Well, and I'm glad you're home because I right now I'm on five hours of sleep. I probably sound like it. I cannot sleep when you're not home. I don't know why this is now the case, because for sure, when we first moved to Austin, I was scared if you were gone. I just was like, we're in this new house, in a new neighborhood. I know, I don't have a reason to be nois Yeah. Well, and honestly, when you're a woman, typically you're kind of raised to be afraid. Frankly, I mean you're I grew up in Chicago. Chicago has very dangerous parts. You're raised to.
Speaker 2: Be afraid of all sorts of different things.
Speaker 3: And when I'm alone in this new house, I also read a study that biologically, like you know how sometimes you'll say it's so hard to sleep in a new place the first night, right, that's actually a thing for everyone.
Speaker 1: Your defense mechanism kicking out.
Speaker 3: Yes, you as a human, it's your your biology saying wait, what are potential new threats here? It's like you almost go into survival mode. You don't know the terrors of this place, but I now know the terrors of our home. I'm familiar. We've lived here for I've been here like seven eight months full time now, and for some reason I still I mean, I actually it's weird. It bothers me a little bit to say this out loud, because I consider myself a very independent person. But I have become I shouldn't feel bad saying this. In many ways, it's a good thing. I have become dependent on you. I think I just don't sleep well when you're not with me. And I was up till four in the morning, not scared, just like laying in bed trying to sleep and couldn't.
Speaker 1: I always feel bad when I wake up on the road and I'll go to Instagram and I will immediately see content from you, and I'm thinking, oh no, I'm like everyone.
Speaker 3: It's two in the morning, and I'm looking at wedding potential, wedding color palettes because I guess.
Speaker 1: I did like your take on wedding font And I don't know, You're right, very observant, even at three or four in the morning, whenever you were looking at that. Why everybody's using the same face.
Speaker 2: There's this one wedding font. I looked it up.
Speaker 3: I think it's called I might be getting this wrong ballista or something, okay, And it was making me go insert pun here ballistic.
Speaker 2: I would like, why is this wedding font the wedding fund.
Speaker 3: It's on the welcome signs, it's on the menus, and for some reason it's become the font. No shade to the fund. But we will not be using that fond. I think it's overused.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and by the way, luckily I avoided the big ground stop because I flew Southwest to go direct to out to San Diego.
Speaker 2: This was wild.
Speaker 3: They grounded. The FA grounded all Southwest airplanes as if they needed another.
Speaker 1: By the way, had to be a computer hacks. They never really came out and said, but it felt like someone hacked the system. They got it fits right, Your spidey.
Speaker 2: Sense is going up.
Speaker 3: You're thinking, right, why would the FA ground around Hire not in.
Speaker 2: A city nationwide? All Southwest?
Speaker 1: By the way, let me just give a shout out, because no one gives a shout out when things go well on time. Everybody was lovely laughed with the flight attendants had a great time.
Speaker 3: Oh good, yeah, oh good, Because I will say you you don't always love a.
Speaker 1: Southwest I don't. It's not my thing. This was just the most convenient flight and it worked perfectly. So not the biggest fan. It feels like I'm getting on a bus with a lot of people, and you know that's not my favorite thing. But in this these are both pastges.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like not having a seat. He likes to know where his seat is and get to.
Speaker 1: His sat like order.
Speaker 3: You know, really what it's about. I know it's it's that's the only thing. We've actually flown Spirit together before because we could only we had to go to this wedding in Kansas City and the only NonStop flight with Spirit.
Speaker 2: We'd really never flown it, but we flew it.
Speaker 3: And you said you liked Spirit better than the Southwest because he's an assigned seat.
Speaker 1: You've assigned me a number anyway. I'm right, you're a twelve, right, so you've already given me a number. Is it such a reach to just make that number a seat that I sit in.
Speaker 3: I don't know why that's a thing. I don't think it makes it more efficient. I would be interested to know if they're boarding times or longer they must be without people having seats.
Speaker 1: I get where it came from back in the day, and that you know, they started in Dallas and out of love Field, and it was a cheaper, more affordable airline and that that whole thing. It really was like it really was like the Greyhound of the sky.
Speaker 2: But what makes it cheaper to not have I think.
Speaker 1: There was just no premium, no nothing.
Speaker 2: Everybody I'm asking why is it? Why?
Speaker 3: What makes it more cost efficient to not have assigned seats? Nothing from either side, like why does it make your ticket cheaper?
Speaker 2: And why does it save them money out of it?
Speaker 1: But then we should be careful what we asked for. Then they're going to start selling seats and then it's the first five rows or I get.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm an idiot. It's because there isn't a first class and all that.
Speaker 1: There's no time.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I should have thought about that. But I do think what happens on a Southwest flight because of that system. I think it creates more tension from the start, because everybody is like clamoring to find their spot in line, clamoring to find a seat there. People are saving seats for people, and people are worried are they going to have overhead bin space? Are they going to get a middle It's like I do find myself.
Speaker 2: I don't mind.
Speaker 3: I just flew Southwest a few weeks ago, but it's I do find myself. I'm kind of more tense from the.
Speaker 1: Beginning and the right just getting in line today and you know people are walking up. What number you? What number are you? And it's just there's got to be there's got to be a better way. There is a better way. We figured it out. There are seats.
Speaker 3: Well, this brings us to our first dramatic headline of the week. Actually, I mean we sound like duebs, but we could talk about airline etiquette and our thoughts on air air I've.
Speaker 1: Felt the majority of the last twenty years on airplanes, so I'm well versed.
Speaker 3: On If you guys ever see I've told him before he should take to Instagram and do a how I travel. This man is the most efficient traveler.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about it.
Speaker 3: For the shows for twenty years, he's been to how many countries you've lost track of, how many countries you've been to, how many layovers, international flights, national flights, overnight flights.
Speaker 2: He is such a good, efficient traveler. It's shocked.
Speaker 1: I feel like I could be an airport employee, like airports could hire me a consultant. If you will an airport consultant, I will come in and lay It's like when someone lays out your kitchen for you. You want that perfect triangle, and this is there. I could do that at airports. I could make him so efficient.
Speaker 3: And you've probably seen, Actually I've never asked you this. You've probably seen a lot on planes. What is one of the weirder or most trouble causing incidents you've ever seen on a plane?
Speaker 1: Well, the scariest and weirdest was when we were in China and we were flying out and we had shot all night. Everybody was exhausted, and we finally crawled on this airplane. It was one of those double decker airplanes. We're leaving the country, and so we somehow we kind of had the whole top deck. It was all bachelor people, producers and a lot of people popped ambiens, and everybody was just ready to crouch.
Speaker 2: They're exhausted, they're exhaust you've been filming. They just wanted to sleep.
Speaker 1: We finally got in, we took off. Everybody lays their seat back, everybody's asleep. I wake up what everybody's I felt like? Days later, I wake up and I kind of look out the window and I see trees and it just jars me awake. It just quickly one in one didn't equal to and I'm like, why am I seeing trees out the window? We've been flying for quite some time. And I hear the person in the loud speaker talking the flight attendant at the pilot, whoever it is. We are returning back to the airport. Something's wrong with the landing gear. It was just all of it was so weird. Long story short, we had to get off the plane. We land it was this abrupt I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to hear that something's wrong with the landing gear.
Speaker 1: It was like we're going to do a fly by. I thought maybe it was a bomb scare because it was just really sketchy the way they were doing it and the way he kind of threw it down on the runway. And we had to carry, literally carry people off the plane because everyone was kind of drugged up and half ambient stoned, and we were like carrying people, pouring them into the.
Speaker 2: Loud Ambient had been kicking it. Oh yeah, you're like, I'll put my arm around you, I'll carry.
Speaker 1: And everybody was pretty I again, pro tip, don't pop an ambien when you're sitting there on the runway. Make sure you're in the air.
Speaker 3: You guys, look at the tips. Make sure you're well into the air before you take the sleeping pill.
Speaker 1: And so everybody was smart and they did that, but we still turned around.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, truly, I really do think you should take to the gram and reveal some of your tips. But this gets us to so our first dramatic headline of the week. We actually have two airplane stories. The umbrella drama is drama on airplanes, which I mean, sure, I feel like we see it all the time, but this one made headlines like I was seeing it all over. I'm just calling it baby popcorn. And basically what happened is this United flight, they're passing out popcorn. I've noticed the airlines they're getting away from peanuts. Don't know why they didn't do it sooner.
Speaker 2: People have severe.
Speaker 3: Pena analogies, but I guess they're passing out popcorn. And this pregnant mom is on the flight with her two little kids and her baby through the popcorn everywhere or.
Speaker 2: Spilled it whatever.
Speaker 3: And allegedly, according to the pregnant woman's family, the flight attendant said to her, the captain says, you need to pick up every single piece of this popcorn, like made her get.
Speaker 2: Down and pick it up.
Speaker 3: And the woman's pregnant and she's embarrassed and she's like crying on her hands and knees picking up this popcorn. Now it becomes a very serious incident because her husband is a pro baseball player. His sister is Jesse James Decker country singer. So it's now it's got celebrity spotlight on it, this story, and the husband went on Twitter like slams United, says how could.
Speaker 2: You do this? But then he got a lot.
Speaker 3: Of backlash because people are saying, dude, do you hear yourself?
Speaker 2: You sound so privileged right now.
Speaker 3: Like these are your kids, you should you should clean up after them, right, So the question becomes.
Speaker 1: These are these are not like housekeepers? Well, I f flight attendants.
Speaker 3: But it's interesting because some people seem to think that it is the flight attendant or the airline cruise job to clean up, Like I'm paying to be here and you should clean up. And a lot of people are pointing out the detail of United provided the popcorn.
Speaker 2: We didn't bring these MESSI snacks on well, but where do you fall on this?
Speaker 3: As a seasoned longtime traveler well, and as a dad is traveler.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, let me just back this into being ad. And I see sometimes people will leave restaurants, airplanes, what have you, and it looks like World War three took place.
Speaker 3: I thought of restaurants too, like when they leave and the high chair. You walk in and you almost see the carnage. A high chair is still sitting there and you see all the food around it on the floor, and you're like, oh, something bad.
Speaker 1: My theory is, I'm probably not going to leave it cleaner than I found it, or even as clean, but I'm going to do a really good job. If my kids destroyed popcorn and threw it everywhere, first of all, I stopped the act and progress. And second of all, I would clean up. If I knew my kids dumped a bunch of anything on the floor, I'm going to clean that up. I'm also self conscious like that, but I would have done that at a restaurant as well. If my kids tore apart a pancake and threw it all over the place, no, I'm not just going to leave that.
Speaker 3: I feel the same like I've opened snacks and spilled on airplanes before. I always try to pick up everything I can see easy. They're not giving us a lot of leg room on the planes these days, but I'm reaching down into the seat. And by the way, they're not cleaning that great down there anyway.
Speaker 1: But if kids leave little crumbs or whatever, that's not that's not crazy.
Speaker 3: No, it's not crazy. And look, we all know supposedly a cru is going to come in and clean up. I think, you know, I definitely would have made the effort to clean up. But I also think I think both sides are a little off here in that if the flight attendant was wording things like that to her, well, then you're just like, you're being kind of harsh to a pregnant woman who's alone with her two kids, like read the room a little bit, and I sort of I don't know, It's just I think there was a missed opportunity for human moments across all sides here. One, everybody should try to clean up after themselves and their family. But two, when a woman's pregnant and traveling alone with two kids, can everybody pitch in and help out a little bit? Like if I was a fellow passenger, I probably would have said, hey, can I help you clean that up a little bit? You don't.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering what happened?
Speaker 3: Were people stepping over this crying, pregnant woman as they walked off the plane.
Speaker 1: And I wonder too, if she says no and leaves, what are they gonna do? I mean, is Sky Marshall going to arrest her for not cleaning up popcorn? I mean, what are they gonna do?
Speaker 3: I also think, to be honest, I don't think this ever needed to go to Twitter, Like, come on, dude, we did not need to take it to Twitter.
Speaker 2: Then you got backlash for it.
Speaker 3: It's creating a whole firestorm unless you're trying to make the headlines. But I don't think you need I think that was a fiery moment where you should have said, put the phone down, do not tweet to.
Speaker 1: Put this in his terms, that was a swing and a miss.
Speaker 2: Oh god, did he actually tweet that? Are you making a sports joke?
Speaker 1: That's a sports joke. He's a baseball guy. That was the dad joke of the day.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, we don't need to start that segment.
Speaker 3: I love you so much, Okay, gonna button us up with There is one more little airplane drama incident. Actually this sweet because I wanted to get your take on something else. You know, we all we tended. There's like a viral video of somebody freaking out on a plane every other but I think it's slowed down since the pandemic. Luckily people were really on edge there. But this man is on a flight might have been Southwest. The seats did look blue. I'm not for sure though, And he gets recorded by another passenger. He is screaming about a baby screaming. Apparently a baby's been crying for forty minutes, he says. And this guy is like, you telling the flight attendants, you need to tell those parents to get that baby to be quiet. We are in a tin can. It is an echo chamber. You know that baby needs to be quiet. I can't stand this. I hear it through my headphones and he's yelling. And then he did the thing which is like why do people ever do this? I guess it got to the point they asked him to get off the plane. He wouldn't get off the plane. The whole plane has to d plane.
Speaker 2: Oh God, that breaks my soul when people do that.
Speaker 1: Special place in jail for people like that, just take him straight to jail. I mean, to ruin everybody else's day.
Speaker 3: How do you not see that everyone is looking at you like, dude, seriously, you're the problem, and.
Speaker 2: Just get off the plane. How can you feel about that? Oh my gosh, Deckris Hair, just say that.
Speaker 1: It's just so. I mean, that stuff drives me crazy, these selfishness of that. But I'm also again, I go right to the parent, and having been in those moments where especially Joshua, for some reason, my son he just knew, he knew when they closed the doors and we took off and he would just start screaming and just he was very difficult on airplanes. And inevitably you have someone going on a date, on a honeymoon, on a trip, whatever, and they look at you or they'll say something like, do you think I want a screaming, psychotic baby in my arms right now?
Speaker 2: As the parent?
Speaker 1: Do you think I'm instigating this? Do you think I'm enjoying this? I'm not happy either, but I can't fix this. So I just I give parents all the grace in the world when they are dealing with kids.
Speaker 2: You've actually made me softer to this. I used to be.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would never in my life say something to a parent about their kid like and I I of course would never freak out the way this man was. But I used to kind of be like, oh my gosh, can't they like like are they even trying? And I remember you told me they're trying, Like, I promise you this parent is trying.
Speaker 1: I used to have to take Joshua to the bathroom. I would lock us in the bathroom, little airplane bathroom. Yes, for like fifteen or twenty he would just screaming. And it wasn't his ears. He would just he would start throwing these tantrums. Again. He just knew how to push my buttons. And it was just it tests every ounce of your patients. And so the last thing you need is for some you know, jack hole behind you to tell you, hey, can you quiet your baby down?
Speaker 3: I look, it's I mean, that's the answer, right, You can't. I mean, And I think the guy kind of made the comparison of like if I was screaming, people would tell me, well, of course, like you're an adult and you can be quiet, like.
Speaker 2: If two people.
Speaker 3: And by the way, there have been times when I, again I haven't said anything. But like if two people, if it's like an early morning flight and two people have decided they're gonna chat full volume and like have a conversation because they're awake, read the room. Ever, everybody else read the plane. Everyone else is asleep on this plane, don't you hear You're the only ones talking.
Speaker 1: We had a sweeter moment a version of all this today. So there was this lovely family in front of me, and they had a baby, and to keep the baby happy, they would kind of lift it up, and so the baby could see obviously to my row and was facing us, and I was sitting with three guys that the plane was full. And so there was this kind of younger guy sitting next to me and an older gentleman sitting you know, in the aisle, and I'm on the window, and the baby kind of looks at me, and I, you know, kind of make goo googoo face and trying to make the baby smile. And then I noticed the baby kind of looks at the guy next to me. He does the same thing. We didn't know each other were doing this. I just caught it out of the corner of my eye. And then the old guy on the aisle did the same thing. It was the three of us were all like making baby, We were all like making funny faces at this kid. I was like, man if I would have loved to have caught that on video, because we all just looked like a bunch of idiots like trying to like make this baby laugh. But it was kind of cute.
Speaker 3: Well, of course it's cute, because that's the great thing about babies too. They can, I mean, they can elicit all the instant emotions, instant frustration, instant joy. But airplanes, I mean, and airlines, airports, it always fascinates me because you can get people at their worst, you can also get people at their best. And I love a moment like that where the three of you were like already and willing to kind of help these parents and music.
Speaker 1: I'm a big believer of we are a unit. If you're on this plane, we are We're a team. We are a team. Let's get through this together, survival. I will help you, you help me. You need headphones, what you need to wipe, whatever it is. Let's take care of each other. And I think if we all have that team attitude, help people put their bags up, help people By the way, if someone's sitting in row five and their bag is in row ten, ghet them their bag. Pass it up, Yeah, pass it up, Pass it forward. That be a part of a team.
Speaker 3: You're right, because I always think we're all in the same boat here. It's like when somebody starts freaking out because the plane's delayed. I'm like, you know, we're all here. We're all here together, man, we all got to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Speaking of all being together, you and I obviously doing this show together. It is sometimes frowned upon. Some people say, don't ever work with your spouse. Don't ever work with your significant other. You're crazy to do so it's never going to work. Well. Two very interesting topics this week that have to do with spouses hosting shows. First of all, Love is Blind Nick Lache Vanessla Shea And the now Kelly and Mark show was Kelly and Ryan. They did oh yeah, oh it's Kelly Mark, Wow, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Marcus live with Kelly. All right, market, it's.
Speaker 1: Live with Kelly and Mark. They have the coffee mugs to prove it. Now.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's why it sounds different to me because he's a one syllable name. It's like Kelly and Regis, Kelly and Ryan Kelly and Michael Kelly and Mark and.
Speaker 1: Then there's reg Regis who is Regis and he and he co hosted with his wife from time to time. But the reason I bring this up is both shows critically had a bumpy road this week.
Speaker 3: I have mixed I have a lot of mixed thoughts on all of it. Well, you and I were talking about this cause we're kind of like wet We.
Speaker 1: Start with Love is Blind. Obviously much was made of Netflix not being able to go live with the Love is Blind reunion, leaving you know, Vanessa and Nick kind of having to figure this thing out, and it was probably not probably it had to have been a crazy night to be there on set.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, I will admit I was a little shocked Netflix couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to forget.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of funny tweets out there and it's kind of like, look, we've been doing live TV for how long? And how did you not get it live? But I also don't think in the end it really mattered for them. I think that you know, they still said they had something. I think they they rarely released the numbers, but I probably in this case they wanted to, and they said, like six and a half million.
Speaker 1: People want I said the day after, I say, it's not. This is not going to hurt Netflix. It's not going to hurt Love is Blind at all. No.
Speaker 3: In fact, I mean I don't know you could argue no press is bad press, like exactly. It got people talking about the Love is Blind reunion that they were supposed to get it live and they couldn't. I agree, But so it seems like what happened is that they just taped it and didn't edit it anyway, like almost probably at that point, they're tired, they've been filming all they've been trying to get this tech bug fixed all night, and they ended up just filming it and getting it up as quickly as they as possible the next morning. So they almost did kind of a live to tape without any editing or cutting much out. It seems I don't know that for sure, but so Vanessa Leche particularly, but both Nick and Vanessa have been trending on Twitter the subject of headlines about fans coming for their hosting skills and critiquing their hosting.
Speaker 2: And I have mixed feelings about this because look.
Speaker 3: On the one hand, I can't imagine how tired and frustrated they were at that point when they've finally.
Speaker 2: Started this thing.
Speaker 3: And also, I, you know, you and I both know what it's like to have somebody come like people coming for you, and how so I feel bad for them in that because it's not it's never great when it feels like the whole world is coming for you and critiquing you.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, I've seen some clips and I do.
Speaker 3: I look, I learned in journalism school you are not the story. You ask other people the questions, and you are not part of the story. And it seems like an issue people have as they feel like Vanessa was injecting a lot of her own opinion into it.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: On the one hand, I I see the criticism, but I also feel bad for them because they were like caught in a mess of a situation.
Speaker 1: I always, you know, kind of insert myself into the Okay, what would I feel? And there's an interesting dynamic and this is this is interesting for both Kelly and Mark and suelos now and also for Nick and Vanessa. When you are hosting as a couple you are. It's not just a co host. This is your wife, this is your significant other. So you're also judging them. You're judging their body language, You're judging their dynamic. Are they touching each other? Are they not? Like what kind of look does Nick have on his face when Vanessa's talking and vice versa. It's I got distracted because I'm thinking, what's his thought bubble right now? What's he I'm thinking about them, less about what's going on in Love is blind and this carried over in Kelly and Mark as well, and that's something that they're going to have to figure out because while it's kind of fun and cute to have your husband as the co host, and they've look they've they've co hosted together before, but this is different. This is a job now that the show is now called Kelly and Mark, So you got to figure out how you're on equal footing. Because before, when Mark would fill in as guest host, it was fun. It's like, oh my husband Mark is here today, but it's Kelly's show. Kelly was the host. Mark was filling in, and I've I filled in it Regis and Kelly and Kelly and Ryan and I've hosted with Kelly several times, and when I went in with her, it was all deference towards her. This is her baby. I did my part as a co host, but at the end of the day, I realized it was her show and I'm going to do whatever I can to support her in the right.
Speaker 3: As a guest host, you're not an equal. You're there to you're the guest star. You're there to support the vibe, but you don't know the vibe. Intimately, it's not your show.
Speaker 1: And it's important that eventually they find that footing. And again I give them a lot of grace day one, Week one, they're not going to find that and even though they've worked together before, it's going to take weeks. It might take months for them to find that equal footing where Mark feels like this is my show too, it's not just Kelly's show that she brought me into, because it can't be that all the time. They got to get to that point where they are co hosts.
Speaker 3: It's also very different to suddenly be doing something together every day, like you know, you might, I don't. They're going to have to find that content balance. How much do they talk about their personal life from home versus not like, will it become too much because now it's both of them relatable. Yeah, well it used to be Ryan would bring in his life, Kelly bring in hers. Now you're just bringing in one life. They're sharing the same life, you know. So it could bring a cool dynamic of of their romance and relationship, but they've got to figure it all out.
Speaker 2: I did not agree.
Speaker 3: There were like some headlines from the New York posts like fans rip Kelly and Mark, and then I go read the article and I hate this.
Speaker 2: It's it's just we dealt with this.
Speaker 3: It's clickbait, and it annoys me, not just because you and I dealt with this, but because again and look, I'm not going to sit here and say I've been perfect in every ethical way as a journalist. It's there's a lot of personal experience in a journalism. It's it's a very personal job, so you can't be perfect. But we were, you know, taught to tell both sides of the story. We were taught to bring real evidence and sourcing to reporting. What happens today is two tweets are pulled and it's like Kelly and Ryan, Kelly and Mark get critiqued about the new show, Right, why are these two tweets from these random people who for all you know are bots, for all you know, are the same two people and it's a nobody regardless, That to me is not headline deserving. And I thought that was just searching for headline.
Speaker 1: You easily could have found five tweets that said the opposite, right, And the same thing for Nick and Vanessa, And look, they have been hosting this for obviously a while now, but you know, Vanessa does more of the heavy lifting than Nick does.
Speaker 2: That was interesting too, because you said that.
Speaker 3: And I will say, we did not watch the entire reunion, like I'm way behind on Love Is Blind.
Speaker 2: We just watched some clips.
Speaker 3: But you did say from the clips that you were kind of feeling like you wanted to hear more from Nick. And that's the thing you have to find too, is that balance of how much you both talking, you know, And it's a little harder when you're intimate with someone, like how are you and I doing it is?
Speaker 1: By the way, it's a hard thing to do. Anyway, I thought of my situation and having if I had a co host when I hosted the Tell Alls It's hard enough for me to try and control the room, much less worry about somebody next to me and getting them involved as well. That's that's just another layer to it, and it makes it very difficult. And we never went live with our tell All specials. That's the other thing. We would heavily, heavily edit those shows. They were long days, as you know, those were long days.
Speaker 3: Of there in the press rooms. I would take Adville.
Speaker 1: Before Preventative Minico.
Speaker 3: That quote from the office where Angela, if you watch that show, is taking Adville and she goes, I'm just preparing, like that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: But look after the final rows. Those were live. But you're dealing with specific segments, small groups of people, couples, and you're kind of moving through these relationships. Whereas when you have these reunion shows, I think they had what ten people on the set we have.
Speaker 2: I know that's not easy.
Speaker 1: It's not easy, and it's not easy to make it zip and make it move. That's why editing in those situations is important, because not every interview, not every answer in question is great and so interesting that I think Netflix at that moment was probably pretty panicked of just get this live to tape, get this out. This has been a nightmare of a night, so I can only imagine how chaotic it was on the set and in that control room that night.
Speaker 3: Well, I have to teet your horn every time I see hosting that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just think you're really good at it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, by the way, And.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of messages about how great you are at it and people being like, oh, I missed him and I would have loved to see him do this, and yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Anyway, well, and I think so far our dynamic is okay.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Should we go and look, maybe we should be statistically looking at what percentage of these episodes were each talking.
Speaker 1: I think pretty even when I listen back, it sounds even you're listening.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding, just kidding.
Speaker 1: I want to give a shout out and give credit where credit's due. I am a swiftye first of all, first and foremost.
Speaker 2: Everyone, this is why we're engaged.
Speaker 1: I am a swifty. My daughter's a swifty, my fiance is a swifty. We're Taylor's sift.
Speaker 3: Yes, we just actually we got your daughter, Taylor we were able to get you guys, I was that person. We along with Taylor's mom, the three of us were on three different laptops for three hours trying to get Taylor Swift tickets and we were able to get two tickets and we gave them to her as a surprise birthday guest.
Speaker 1: Years ago, my daughter Taylor, we were at at a concert, at a Taylor Swift concert, and.
Speaker 2: We're so confusing a Tayloring.
Speaker 1: We had the privilege of going backstage and Taylor Swift's mom gave us a tour. And one of the things that oppressed me the most is that this is a real family run, Taylor Swift run business. This woman handles her own business. Nothing has left a chance. She sets up the show, choreographs the show, sets up the design, sets up her wardrobe. I think is versace by the way this go and handles everything from top to bottom in her life and to me, so impressive. When Scooter Braun did the deal when bought her catalog, she went and said, no, no, no, no, We recorded every song so she could own her own stuff. So not only is she just the queen of music and the queen of pop and all that stuff. She's just a badass business woman and I'm just brilliant. So I want to give a shout out because this was an amazing story. And I talked a little bit about this, and I know it's a little it gets into the business world. But this FTX debacle where this Sam Bateman freed and this FTX deal, this crypto exchange that went bankrupt, and it was really corrupt, really a big disaster, and a lot of celebrities like Tom Brady, like Steph Curry got check. I think Shaquille O'Neil was involved in this, got swept up in this. They took millions upon millions of dollars in exchange for promoting and selling FTX in this company and Formula one. Well, there was one celebrity that didn't take the money, and she looked deeper, and that was Taylor Swift. She was offered what is said to be at least one hundred million dollars buy FTX to do a promotional deal and there was going to be NFTs where probably they would give away concert tickets and it was this huge, huge endorsement deal. Again, a one hundred million dollar deal even for Taylor Swift that's not something to sneeze at. She turned it down because she gets a lot of credit for it. But I'm guessing her dad, he used to work for Merrill Lynch and has a smart financial mind. They look deeper into this and they realize that these were unregistered securities.
Speaker 3: Oh so this is just coming out now that she Oh, because it's like in court.
Speaker 1: And all that is a court and all these celebrities are getting swept up in this and it just came out that she was offered one hundred million dollars sponsorship deal, but she asked them, can you tell me that these are not unregistered securities? Oh?
Speaker 2: Is this an email from Taylor or something that.
Speaker 1: Is this is just a quote where this came from this article that she and her team looked further into this and didn't take the one hundred mil, whereas all of these other celebrities did and have and these other celebrities I'm talking Tom Brady and look my tinfoil had on total conspiracy theory. I still say something about Giselle and Tom had to do with this FTX thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, interest you think the breakup in some way was.
Speaker 1: About separating their money, getting their bank statements apart, I still say there's something the Mighty senses, because yeah, I just it was weird that all of that happened, his retirement, his going back, their divorce was all centered around this FTX because he's I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I'm sorry, I don't know all about it, because he's like at risk. He could have to pay money for this, he could have to.
Speaker 1: There are people going after these celebrities saying, look, you endorse this.
Speaker 2: Just regular every day people lost a lot of money on this.
Speaker 1: You don't get to just you know, I know Kim Kardashian had to pay a seven figure settlement when through a crypto deal that went wrong that she had endorsed.
Speaker 2: Well, let us give Taylor all the credit. She asks the important questions.
Speaker 1: So if you ever had any doubt of what a just badass business woman Taylor Swift is, why she is the queen.
Speaker 2: No reason to doubt. But now here's even more reason to believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I was a swiftye I don't know how you move up on that, but now you know what I love.
Speaker 3: Well, now you're swifty even in the business world. The business you're like, okay, now even in the crypto world, specifically that is interesting about Well, first of.
Speaker 2: All, I love that. I love that Taylor asked those questions.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is why she is as incredibly successful as she is, because not only is she had talented, beyond talented singer, songwriter, but she is someone who cultivates a brand, a business, all these things.
Speaker 2: But it's it makes me wonder, Okay.
Speaker 3: I would think Tom Brady's got to have some pretty good people, some pretty good financial guys. How did his people or how did Shack's people, or how did these other people's people not ask the questions that Taylor Swift and her team or askers.
Speaker 1: And Shack's done better in business than any athlete probably in the history of sport.
Speaker 2: So why were we not asking these questions?
Speaker 1: They took the money. They took the money.
Speaker 3: Look, well, sometimes it's easy to get I mean, this is how people fall victim to schemes, right because you think you don't suspect this person's lying to me, You don't suspect, oh, this whole company that's incredibly successful.
Speaker 1: Look who Bernie Madoff ripped off. Look at the inrun deal. Look at I mean Kevin Bacon, I mean, and that was just the tip of the iceberg of the celebrities that got taken. But you know, I have talked to people in the financial world, and it is scary how easy it is sometimes that these frauds get perpetrated. And who is the tech blood droplet lady, there you go. I mean, a drop of blood.
Speaker 2: Can change the world.
Speaker 1: One drop of blood, one drop.
Speaker 2: This is what happens when you change the world.
Speaker 1: Some of the some of the smartest venture capitalists got taken to the cleaners. Yeah, so it can happen. Sometimes things are too good to be true, and they are.
Speaker 3: I love that you just wanted to give it. I didn't know where you're going with that story. You're like, I just want to praise Taylor's Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I saw this article today and I thought, good on you, Good for you and your people.
Speaker 2: I love it. Speaking of culpability and business.
Speaker 3: Had to bring up this absolutely wild story I saw earlier. This is I'm gonna read the headline because you'll see why this caught my eye. Headline is entrepreneur spending two million dollars to reverse aging left fiance after breast cancer diagnosis colon lawsuit. So I can tell that who ever wrote that was like, how the heck do I get this in a headline? And I all my blessings to the writer here because I've been there trying to fit it all on a headline. But basically, this tech entrepreneur who's apparently worth millions because he is allegedly spending millions he wants to reverse the aging process on his own body, and he's forty six, but he wants to have the body of an eighteen year old, and he's spending millions of dollars a year on a team of doctors to do this for him.
Speaker 1: Is this Tom Sandoval? This sounds like Tom Sandoval from vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 3: And I actually tell you what is sad about that is I'm looking at a picture of this guy and he doesn't look like he looks the same as Tom Sandibal kind of wanted to be like, dude, I don't just get some botox, man.
Speaker 1: I could just picture this guy. He's Jim guy, He's bro guy, He's got all that.
Speaker 3: I mean, Look, we've just clearly got issues. I don't know the guy, but I have no problem saying you're trying, You're spending millions of dollars to I don't know anyway. So he's a software guy and he is was apparently in a relationship with Tarren Southern, who is an actress, and she is now suing him because basically what she's claiming in her suit, she's suing for emotional distress and loss of finances and financial loss because she said they're in a relationship. She's living with him, he's calling her missus Southern. He's promising this life with her. He's promising he's going to take care of her. I mean, they're living together, and he wanted her to be very focused on him, including like help him create content for his brands and all that, and help him with speeches things like that. And so she is arguing that she was kind of putting her own career on hold because he's telling her, I want you to be all about what I'm doing. And then she gets diagnosed with breast cancer. She's like, you know, needs obviously financial support, and that he basically told her to leave.
Speaker 1: Kicks her out. Yeah, changes the locks kicks her out.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if he changed the locks, but that would be the sentiment here. Yes, So I was interested in.
Speaker 3: Your take on this because and I guess I'd be interested in anybody's take. The question here is you know they're not married? What is someone owed? And I think she is a very legitimate claim here. I support this.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm walking into a trap.
Speaker 2: Am I sitting?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Are a man? I am a woman?
Speaker 1: Is this quicksand? I'm standing on? Remember when we thought quicksand was going to be a thing? Why were we so scared of quicksand?
Speaker 2: Thank you for wow? I feel like nostalgia just run.
Speaker 1: My childhood was all about quicksand, right.
Speaker 2: And I've never even seen it in the wild.
Speaker 1: Every show, everybody was worried about quicksand.
Speaker 3: With all the iPhones we have now, how are we not seeing more footage of quicksand on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Of cars disappearing into it?
Speaker 1: Not once?
Speaker 2: It is for frequent peril in cartoons.
Speaker 1: Yes, all the climate change, we're not hearing about quicksand.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where quicksand is? Okay except to sit here?
Speaker 1: We digress. Yes, I didn't try to change the subject there, but I did a good job of doing so. This is a slippery slope, and the only honest escape here is it really is a case by case basis. I do know because you and I have a mutual friend where we feel the same way at some point, even if you're not married, you're responsible to each other for each other. And I know other successful men that have changed people's lives and then they're just not happy, so it's over. And this person has They've changed their life financially and many other ways. So I do think there is a responsibility there. I don't know how you put a spectrum or a rule system in place on this. That's the hard part.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously it's easier if you're married.
Speaker 1: Because you can't just say, oh, well, if you've been dating for so and so years, because it's these relationships are different. Some can get very intense and you're living together and you have financially vested in the other person's business and so forth. And then there's some three year relationships where it's been casual. So not all of these things are created equal. There's apples and oranges here.
Speaker 3: I definitely think if she has evidence of, whether it's text messages or emails or other people witnessing conversations where he's telling her, look, please don't take that job. I'd like you to help me with this, and that happens in relationships.
Speaker 1: Too, right.
Speaker 2: You do a lot of free work for each other.
Speaker 3: I mean you and I do stuff like that all the time alletime, whether it's hey, what do you think of? Like can you help me with this? I mean, we film each other at things like for social media content, or we'll help each other with We've helped each other probably with speeches we've done before, things like that.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: I run everything by you, I really do. Yeah, you should, I should.
Speaker 2: No, we always run a ton of stuff by each other.
Speaker 1: You're a great sounding board.
Speaker 3: And so if she has evidence of that and then this guy essentially kicks her to the curb, I mean I get it. You know, if you've been putting your career on hold for somebody, I do think that you have a claim of financial.
Speaker 1: Loss, especially if he's about to hit it big and hit that payday. It's just that's why I think a case by case basis this particular case, she has a strong one. I think she does have a case.
Speaker 3: Okay, well let me pose another and look maybe I'm okay, I'll just I'm setting you in for a quick sand trap again. Yeah, what if a person didn't necessarily give up a job. But what if somebody was like, I don't know, Say you're fresh out of college and maybe you start dating an older guy who's twenty eight twenty nine, and say he has a kid, and he's like, hey, I love you, I want to marry you, and you don't really go pursue anything career wise, but you're helping him take care of his kid.
Speaker 2: You're kind of becoming stepmom or something.
Speaker 1: The nanny is probably what he started dating.
Speaker 3: I mean, if he's a douchebag and say then he breaks up with you, and you're like, oh my god, I just spent five years and I never I didn't like pursue a career.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a tough situation because you want to tell somebody, gosh, please don't fall into that trap. Like I am such a big advocate of you have to maintain your own sources the income.
Speaker 1: Then it's buyer beware. Yeah, this is all atect yourself. You got to be a strong independent man or woman in these and look, we all get fooled and we all have friends where you're screaming at him, please don't do this. You can't save people from themselves, but you also have to be responsible at some point for your own decisions.
Speaker 2: It's you know what.
Speaker 3: I honestly the kind of where I first learned that was actually with losing my dad, because I watched my mom, and my mom is had been an attorney. She had been she'd worked for different companies. My mom worked full time and put herself through law school, so she'd been an attorney she then, and I'm so grateful she did, because I she raised us so well, became a stay at home mom slash. She still, like we're saying, free work very much helped my dad with his law firm. But then when my dad died, my mom had not been in the workforce for a long time, and it was very hard for her to start in that workforce again. And so that I really watched that, and I was like, you know, I, it's hard. It's hard because especially I can't imagine how difficult it is when you have kids. But if you can maintain some source of something for yourself, yeah, I think that is a good safety net to have.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Peter Pans, because this guy in this story clearly the Peter Pans syndrome. Oh my god, he's a d bag. But speaking of of Peter Pan's, our final story is Tom Sandoval.
Speaker 2: Oh, if you need reminding.
Speaker 1: Vander Bump rules of Peter Pan.
Speaker 3: The scanned of all vander Pump rules, the man who cheated on his longtime partner with their friend, her good friend.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't think anybody's ever accused this guy of being a rocket scientist, but this just further exemplifies this. They had code names in the nianach other's phones, so in his phone it said, I think Jamie, Tom and Raquel, Tom and Raquel. Yes, this has just come out. I think I believe TMZ reported the news. Not crazy, by the way, and this isn't the crazy part because a lot of people do that. A lot of people have aliases, and you know, if you're gonna have an affair or whatever, you'll put a different name.
Speaker 2: It seems very obvious, right.
Speaker 1: But the funny thing about this, and this is why it just gives you one more reason to laugh at Tom Sandoval is everybody in the cast apparently knew because Tom would call her Jamie. He would use the name out loud in front of other people. So when the name Jamie came up on the phone. It was pretty easy for everybody to put two and two together. So Tom, look, I know you're not solving the world's problems. I know you're not a mathematician, but come on, pal, the whole point of the code name is we don't use the code name in public. So he was calling her Jamie.
Speaker 2: I just saw the headline that they used code names in their phone. I didn't know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Gosh, my gosh, bless his heart.
Speaker 3: No, not bless his heart. He bless his heart in the Southern way, which really means like, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: But the reason that we laughed about this is because you and I, well when we started dating.
Speaker 3: Yes, we were laughing about this earlier because it was in such an For a different reason, I will say, Look, I don't know. It seems it's got to be a lot tougher to cheat these days because there's so much technology out there.
Speaker 2: You can get caught in so many ways.
Speaker 3: I mean, it certainly doesn't help these calling her Jamie in front of people. Oh my gosh. And I would imagine a lot of people do the code names thing if you're you save somebody else in your phone. But even that's got to be obvious if i'm someone's.
Speaker 1: And I assume everybody knows what we're talking about. So when someone calls or texts.
Speaker 2: You, you've changed their name in your.
Speaker 1: Line, so instead of Steve, the name Brian comes up, or maybe one of your girlfriend's names pops up, so nobody is suspicious of what's in your phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, see what you just said, That's actually a smarter thing to do, because I'm like, what I was about to say was what stupid is if you put in the name Jamie Tom, isn't everyone around you like, well.
Speaker 2: Who's Jamie?
Speaker 1: Why is she texting you? No? Nice?
Speaker 3: What would have been smart if you're really trying to hide this is like you take your best friend Tom Schwartz's name and say, maybe you put Raquel's name in your phone as like Tom s or something, so it's not so obvious, like duh.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Well, I mean I'm sounding very well versed.
Speaker 3: But part of the reason that we were laughing about this is because we when we first were dating, and we weren't telling anybody yet. I was so like, I just didn't I didn't want anybody to know. We've talked about this before. You're being very care private until we knew it was really serious. And so I had you saved in my phone. I think, is Katie with a C? Because I don't really know anybody else named Katie and or with a C name, And I think I knew, like if I'd see the letter C, then I would still put tune two together? Was you?
Speaker 2: But you were Katie? You were you were a Katie in my phone.
Speaker 1: I forget, and I would have been racking my brain. I don't know what I had you in my phone because I was shooting a lot at the time. I was still doing the Bachelor bacherette, and so I would always as I was about to shoot, I would have my phone. And the last thing I would do is I would hand my phone to make up artist, wardrobe, whoever was standing there, part of the team, and I would say, hey, can you take my phone? And so oftentimes these are people that have been with me for twenty years. They would say, oh, you know the kids called or so and so called while you were shooting, and so I had to give you some sort of alias. I forget what it was, but you had an alias, and.
Speaker 2: Wow, couldn't have been very good. You don't even remember.
Speaker 1: It definitely wasn't LZ.
Speaker 3: Or maybe it was so good that you've forgotten it, like that's how good you are.
Speaker 2: Code names.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing it was one of my friends. I just put you in as like Chip or Wrinch or something. But sometimes the code names worked. And we did that for about six months, and then that was part of the unveiling. When we went to the party, I got to change your name. I was like LZ's in the phone.
Speaker 2: So we had a much more beautiful experience exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it was a lot more like we're actually trying to preserve this sand of ball.
Speaker 1: He's just the gift that keeps on giving. Well, and did you he's sell out of the dumb tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, did you say fell out of the dump tree? Dumb dumb tree.
Speaker 3: Oh and there's another dad joke, everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we can even call that a dad joke, but he fell out of the dumb tree.
Speaker 1: Fell out of the dumb tree. It hit every branch on the way down. And that is a great way to end the show. Did you have a good time?
Speaker 2: I had a great time.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad, most importantly to learn about how deep your swiftiness runs.
Speaker 2: That is wonderful.
Speaker 3: And you know, God, we didn't even get to everything, so I guess we're gonna have to do another episode pretty soon.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of the most Dramatic podcast ever. We will do this again. Thank you for joining us. We'll talk to you next time because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the Most Dramatic Pod Ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.