Speaker 1: Welcome to tech Stuff. I'm os Vloschin. Today we're joined by Mark Pinkus. He got his start in tech during the dot com era and has gone on to found multiple companies, including Zinger, producer of.
Speaker 2: Hit game Farm Film.
Speaker 1: Mark found a Zinger in two thousand and seven, and the company was acquired by Take two Interactive in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: For over twelve billion dollars.
Speaker 1: He's also invested in startups like Facebook, which changed the Internet as we know today. Mark's new book, Life at the Speed of Play Launch Products People Love is pop memoir, pop playbook for running a successful business when everything around you is in flux.
Speaker 2: Mark pink is welcome to text Stuff.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: What does it mean to live your life at the Speed of Play?
Speaker 4: Well, there's so many dimensions that that line has meant to me that I wrote a whole book.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's got to be the title.
Speaker 4: So on the one hand, I think I think culturally, I think we're on the precipice of being able to feel like we're living our just our normal lives more at the speed of play.
Speaker 3: Speed in a good way.
Speaker 4: I know there's speed that also is hectic, but the ideas that life can feel like a beat down, especially when we want to do something creative or launch a product or a company.
Speaker 3: And in games we get to skip all that.
Speaker 4: We just get to the good stuff and there's really no consequence, especially in you know, simulation games, there's almost no consequence. Just someone else wins more than you. And I think that when we lower the barriers to being generitive and creative, we also unlock a lightness of being a playfulness because we can try and experiment and a lot of things and afford to be wrong, as opposed to putting all your wood behind one arrow and saying, Okay, this has to work and this If this doesn't, my company is going out of business or losing my house. It's not like that, and it's getting less and less. And now in the age of AI, you don't need to quit your job. You can even simulate and see whether this idea might work before you even bother to try it. So I think life the speed of play speaks to all of that. And then it's also this whole kind of product manager bible and playbook that we developed at Zinga that I tried to lay out the case for it in the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously you're most famous for Zinga, which is a game company, and the title of the book is life that the speed of play and playing games are kind of two sides of the same coin, right, So I mean, I guess what is it you in games?
Speaker 4: Well? I never thought that I'd be able to work entrepreneur in games. It seemed like such a such a closed off, different kind of industry, and it always was and kind of is. But for me, I thought, okay, there's a chance, a very decent chance, that games have missed their real opportunity, and that in two thousand and seven, you know, it was a twenty three billion dollar, fairly mature industry.
Speaker 2: This was mainly like traditional video games.
Speaker 4: Console video games was kind of flatlining, and the computer gaming business was in constant slow growth.
Speaker 3: But it was not a top ten activity on the web.
Speaker 4: Definitely not mass market, I mean in the sense of that we think about it. It was a very very big, niche business, but it was the size of the movie industry.
Speaker 3: Now it's a lot bigger.
Speaker 4: So my hypothesis was, I love the idea that there can be a mature industry that has lots of revenues has a existing behavior that hasn't even started its real growth yet, and that was searched before Google. It was fairly mature, and a lot of times those industries get mature and they lack real innovation. That was the defense industry, you know, it was the rocket industry. And it's such a terrific place to go because you don't have to prove people want to play games. In this case, you just had to make it much more accessible to people and ask less of them, you know, drop it where they are and ask them to play, you know, for fifteen minutes and not have to learn anything.
Speaker 1: I want to come back to Zinga and games, but before we get that, I want to talk a bit more about your family life. You don't talk too much about like individual scenes I mentioned as pot memoir, but you're not kind of you know, telling this happened, then, that happened type of story. But your dad is this kind of Homeston presence and touchstone, and I was quite struck by the lesson he really seemed to impart on. You is controlled, Oh yeah, yes, where to control and play fit together as concepts.
Speaker 4: I actually think it sounds paradoxical. But they actually do come together. They are necessary. If you think about when we were kids, we could play when we felt the most freedom, and in a sense, in order for you to have freedom, you need control. If someone else, if our parents were controlling our time and behaviors in those moments, we wouldn't have felt the freedom to really let loosen play. And similarly, for us as creators and founders, we start to learn the hard way what happens when we don't have control.
Speaker 3: It's not fun, it's not playful, and we don't.
Speaker 4: Get to to really explore our full expression and creativity. And so if you have control, then you're guaranteeing yourself the open canvas or open highway for you to go for it and try whatever it is that you believe in. And in a lot of ways, I think that the more control founders get, the more room there is to see people do really risky, audacious things. Because investors don't like risk, you know, they they want certainty. They like upside, but they like certainty even more than upside. I mean they say they want upside, but they'll take a guaranteed three X. You know, most of them over you know, a very small potential of one hundred x. Some may argue with me, some might be right, but but you know, and as you get to be more and more capital you might say that there's seed investors that are fine with that, but they also have a model that assumes a huge loss rate. By the time you get to growth investors, public market investors, you're looking at almost a zero tolerance for a loss rate.
Speaker 1: So control gives you confidence. Confidence allows you to play.
Speaker 4: The confidence is a part of it, but it also gives you degrees of freedom, and it's not very fun. It's not a lot of fun to play if you're told you can do anything you want between this one foot wide expanse. You know, if it's like infinite do whatever you can imagine, that's a lot more creatively, you know, exciting and has more potential, and you need as a foundered you need the freedom to make very very hard decisions and bet the company decisions. And you feel that you have less and less of that freedom as you have more and more constituents, more employees, more investors, higher stakes in this more you know, people have more to lose. You're carrying a bigger responsibility, and you're kind of going to war to be your best. You can't worry about you can't be sitting there on the front lines worrying about the people that aren't going to like this decision if you believe this is the best decision.
Speaker 1: Your dad gave you this advice about control long before you were a founder. What did it mean to him? And what did you What did this word to control, like, how did you internalize? How did you explain the importance of it to you?
Speaker 4: Well, it had a It was a double edged sword for me with my dad and control, because I saw him in building his business. He had a nationwide financial pr firm, investor relations, and he had complete control of his firm, and that made it very fun for him. I think it made it somewhat less fun for other people, and.
Speaker 2: I either the people who work for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he had very you know, he also had complete control and you know, running our family, and sometimes that made that a lot less fun for us.
Speaker 3: But I did.
Speaker 4: I did get from him this idea that I talk about of a democratic dictatorship, and there was room. There was always room for us to express an opinion or a preference, but then he was going to make the decision, and that was very clear and there is a value in that certainty. I think that having uncertainty around decision making and letting people think a lot of the problems we got into a Silicon Valley companies was a false sense of democracy and employees starting to think that it was democracy and being led to believe that somewhat because they're being given more and more agency, and then this rude awakening when they found out it wasn't the democracy. People, Oh, this is a business, and I run it, you don't. I mean, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: You're known as the technologist today, but your early career.
Speaker 2: Had quite a lot of intersection with media. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There are two funny scenes in the book which involve you as a young man telling, in one case, the most successful media company in American history and the other case the most successful media entrepreneur in American history, Disney and John Malone, that they were wrong and you were right.
Speaker 3: It can happen.
Speaker 2: So but talk about both those stories.
Speaker 1: I mean, you were a job interview for Disney and they were saying, what would strategy look like if we opened a park in every city?
Speaker 2: And you just said that's a dumb idea, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I said, gatting more questions Yeah, Well, I'm not good at interviewing. So I have one, you know, one mode, and that's authentic and that's what I aspired to and I don't really inspired anything else. And corporations want people who are going to be team players. And I've always said, I don't know if I put this in the book, that I'm a great team player as long as I'm running the team like your dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like my dad. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What I liked about I mean, you've obviously had an amazingly successful career, but you're very open in this book about the dark moments, something you call the abyss, and not just you don't just describe the abyss, but you talk about how the abyss is almost a necessary precondition of the most successful periods of your life.
Speaker 2: Can you explain that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if that were true? Because then you're like, oh, I'm in a dark period. It means the darkest for the dawn. It means I'm about to have great stuff happen. So that's an optimistic view, Yeah, not always true, not always true. Or how long that abyss is going to go on?
Speaker 2: For it?
Speaker 3: You know, it could be six months, it could be.
Speaker 1: But in your case, you hate the abyss, and therefore it gives you the motivation to do whatever you want to.
Speaker 3: Get out of the abyss.
Speaker 4: Yes, but you got to be really careful that you don't have such a strong desire to get out of the abyss that you pursue a B plus idea or something. So it's the longer you've been in the abyss, the more desperate you are to not be in the abyss, the more dangerous you are to yourself in terms that you have to really have the discipline still. And that's why I think I try to talk about pathways out of the abyss. Are lots of little steps like engage but realize that what you're engaging in may not meet your ambitions, and that's powerful knowledge for you to have. I would say one thing I've realized in talking about this since writing the book is when I look at the pattern of my career, it seems to have gone in waves of success and failure. And it seems to be that I had a lot of success early on with Freeloader, with support dot Com going public my second company right after that in like four years, and then I had a long payeroerod of failure the whole two thousand and one all the way, I mean through tribe dot net all the way.
Speaker 1: Tribet was your social network, which you found it at the same time as basically read Holfum was founding LinkedIn buk Zuckerberg was founding.
Speaker 4: Just before Facebook. Yeah, I still managed to fail. And that's when I remind people there were a lot of social networks that succeeded. We just don't know them because they didn't win ultimately. But tagged bibo, you know, there was a whole bunch. There was like seven or eight, so lots of social networks worked. You know, people were into it. I was one of the only ones to fail. So this wasn't like there was one that made out of one hundred. You know, there might have been like seven or eight that made it out of I don't know, twelve or ten, you know, so I was in a minority. Like it was like an active will to do it in a feeling way, and it was so humbling that I think it prepared me well for Zinga and being ready to do something, start something very small and really get to product market fit first and then ambition after.
Speaker 1: And you saw it with your own money, right, You can't take any excellent on funding. You got it to be cash for positive before you started talking to investors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean it was actually cash flow positive a month after we launched poker the first game. So yeah, I put up three hundred and fifty thousand to start the company. We were cash flow positive and we actually never needed any of the money that we raised all the way up to going public. But I didn't know that, and we kept spent doubling down and spending more and more. But then our revenues and profits kept growing ahead of that. And I will say a lesson I've got an investing that comes from Zinga is when you see these companies that are growing like that and they're beating their own numbers, you just invest at any price they asked for, like the.
Speaker 1: Other type of company. So you's always invested in. When you've got a call saying we don't have enough computer, right, yeah we just need more service. Yeah, just send them a check.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to come back to zincer.
Speaker 1: But starting in the beginning, as a quote in your book, at twenty eight, I found myself washed up and living in a junior one bedroom apartment in Washington, DC. I'd been the only kid in my hav A business school section to graduate without a job. Over the years, my classmates have become partners at Goldman or McKinsey, started hedge funds, while I managed to get fired from every place I worked or.
Speaker 2: Standing in your way? And how did you change that with freeloader?
Speaker 4: If I didn't change it, what was standing my way was self realization that I'm not employable. Right, So once once I accepted that, and I was probably undermining myself. I mean, I know I was undermining myself in all these jobs because I know at Columbia Capital there was a path I could have gone down to fit in to their culture. We see that, right, We're like, Okay, it's not me, but I could adapt me. You know, I could dress more like they didn't have a dress code, but they all dressed like in khakis and stuff, you know, And I was just in like beat up jeans and now it's normal the way I just but it was not then. But I was I think on some subconscious level, I was my father's son and I just was never going to.
Speaker 2: You're forcing yourself to fail in some way.
Speaker 1: So you could do your own thing or inviting failure without even being fully aware of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I just was never cut out to.
Speaker 4: Fit into some corporate culture, and I tried to All that shaped the way I created companies because I wanted cultures to not be so oppressive, and I wanted I wanted to invite divergence, and I wanted to invite in weird different kinds of people and mindsets and not have people say this is and it happens the at Zinga people would say this isn't the way we do it, and I would fight that.
Speaker 3: It was like fuck that if? What if the way we do it is stupid?
Speaker 4: Like we need some maybe the people who are going to say, well, your way of doing it is dumb, and like bring that the fuck on?
Speaker 2: After the break?
Speaker 1: Why online poker became Zinga's first success story, stay with us. There's a concept in your book which is right, instinct, wrong idea. I guess with Tribe don't Net that was a classic example, right, Yeah, you're correct that social media was going to become basically the whole Internet. Yeah, but you're actually was the wrong one. The company before that, which was called Freeloader You essentially had the idea that you were going to sort of push information from the open Internet onto people's screen savers, and I slowly downloaded overnight because that was the speed of the interests. That was, in a sense, the wrong instinct but the right idea, right because you managed to sell that company for thirty eight million dollars, whereas in fact the Internet was kind of moving on just as you were selling it, right, or how how do you characterize them right now?
Speaker 4: It's a really interesting way of framing it. I haven't thought about it that way. I think that it was the right instinct in that moment. It was the right instincts that I think I did tap into that the Internet was too hard for most people and not accessible, and it was too slow. Those are my two big instincts. It's like, it's too hard and it's too slow for normal people. I mean, you could also say it was wrong instinct about the Internet being slow, because bandwidth came eventually got faster. But in that moment it was right, and I think the idea was I think it was the right idea, and I think our execution was like a B minus. I mean, it was a pretty janky product, but it was. But it was so interesting that you can bring out kind of a really bad product that really has an idea that resonates for people, and it can do well despite that. You know, it could work twenty percent of the time and that's enough for people.
Speaker 3: And in the beginning, when something's emergent.
Speaker 1: It's also I mean, so you sold that company within less than a year of building it, yeah, for thirty eight million dollars, which is exactly the same price your father sold his company for. That's weird, Which is weird? What's the conversation like?
Speaker 4: It was a real kind of wake up moment for my dad because he had built his company over thirty eight years and sold it for thirty eight million dollars and it was a huge success and his company produced very lo large income for him and his partners. You know, he is an agency and agencies at agencies and pr firms don't have a lot of assets they build up, you know, it's just the people and the brand. So that was a huge success at his time. But then this was on a different order magnitude because the Internet is a marketplace of everybody, so it was just such a different scale and my dad shifted the relationship, and all of a sudden he was like, okay, you you get something that I don't get, and you're like surpassing me, you know, and men are very thinking a lot about, you know, money and achievement, and my dad was very achievement oriented. And so it did change the relationship in good ways. I mean we we since I was eighteen, we had had more of a p your relationship when he wasn't supporting me financially, and then this really changed it.
Speaker 1: So then you sort of you took the money and then you started thinking about basically this was was this nineteen ninety five?
Speaker 3: Was it nineteen ninety six, nine ninety six?
Speaker 2: And then you made support dot com.
Speaker 1: You took it public, another big success, and then the kind of dot com boom outside the dot com bust happened and you had time on your hands, as did a lot of other interesting people like bread Hoffmann, and you started thinking about what you referred to as like the social cocktail party on the internet. And you made tribe dot net. What why do you think tribe dot net failed where LinkedIn and Facebook succeeded.
Speaker 4: Well, I saw the potential to acquire a big audience through the virality of social networking, and that worked, and Tribe was very viral and got a big audience quickly, much bigger than LinkedIn. But what I didn't see was how important trust was for mainstream Internet users. And they were just putting themselves on the Internet and they didn't like the idea of strangers seeing them and contacting them. But my business model, which was to be like Craigslist meets Friendster, the business model of Craigslist, was at odds with that because to be a Craigslist a listing, everyone needed to be able to contact everybody. So what really worked on Tribe, and this is still an opportunity that's not explored that someone should go steal and use, is the value of the loose ties of these urban tribes, these psychographic in some cases demographic, but interest based groups that you have affinity groups. And that's what Tribes was that it was based on Ethan Waters, I think that's his name, essay on urban tribes, and that really worked. I mean people loved it. They would be in the Mission something tribe or they had their burning Man camps. And so now you have these people, you have enough of them affinity to and you can that was enough to go to Brazil and somebody who knows someone from my burning Man camp or from my Mission Freaks or whatever, you know, weird group had enough of an affinity for that social filter and lens to create a likeness and a connection for me with someone in Brazil they've never met. And so in a way it was like LinkedIn's two or three degrees away and that worked. The two problems with that one I ignored it. So that's a problem in the Paul Graham sense. I should have just focused on that one part and said, Okay, that's working. How do I be that right? And in some ways that's reddit. But and then the other problem though with that is that that for that loose ties concept to work, you still need people to be able to see and connect with people that they are not that are not in their networks, and so that's violating that trust thing. So there's still going to have the membrane of trust being very difficult to get right. So you know, it ends up being a lot of mainstream women getting you know, undesirable interest you know from a lot of men, so you know, which comes off in the form of dick pics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So anyway, that was Yeah, that was a big miss with.
Speaker 2: Tribe, but it was the right instinct.
Speaker 4: It was like three killer instincts and one losing idea, and it put.
Speaker 1: You in put you in the right stream both meeting a young monk Zuckerberg and being one of the very first investors in Facebook. I think you invested like was it fifty dollars thirty eight act number? Yeah, thirty eight again, Yeah, you're right, and that if you kept it with worth six billion dollars today. Yeah, yeah, you didn't keep all of it, have done some of it.
Speaker 4: The only like sliver I kept was what I put in my kids accounts eventually, so they.
Speaker 2: Got to thank you Dad.
Speaker 1: And also, I mean, what would you so take a step back, what is Zinger And would you have been able to come up with it if you hadn't done Tribe?
Speaker 4: I guess I know I wouldn't have gotten to Zinga if I hadn't done Tribe first. And because when we were doing Tribe, we were thinking there's going to be this massive competition on plugins. We call it plugins but APIs. We thought there's going to be these video services and games and all these other things. We were right to some degree. We said, we'll never be able to keep up with the other social networks. So the only way is going to be having a plug in architecture.
Speaker 1: So we have this captive audience, will allow the people to access it and will charge them some.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then that didn't happen until eventually it did, and later than I thought. So I thought this happened in you know, two thousand and four, two thousand and five, you know, it didn't happen until two thousand and seven. I'm still always thinking about this. But I was like, Okay, it's so annoying to have to go get distribution. It's so annoying to have to raise venture capital line to build all of this infrastructure of accounts and password reset, like all that stuff that now we take for granted.
Speaker 3: You had to build yourself then.
Speaker 4: And but then at the same time, Facebook announced they're opening up their API access, and I said, great, I don't have to build any of this infrastructure. I can just be on someone else's network. A lot of what I think about in social networks and games is dimensionality, and I like the idea of there's a richness of being able to do something that opens this other dimension that wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it creates a new paradigm of interaction. You're on Facebook and then you get to go into poker.
Speaker 4: Actually on the whole web, it's a quiet experience. It's like you're in a library. You are just looking at your browser that hasn't changed since nineteen ninety four. It's the same browser. It's the same type in you know, URL window, and it's still links and pages, right, And I thought, when's it going to get rowdy? And so what I want to do with poker? I was like, I want to make it kind of loud and rowdy. I want to be like, turn the lights up a little bit. And on Facebook, nobody could talk to each other, you know, live or anything. And now all of a sudden they could drop in here and meet the other people and often their friends.
Speaker 1: And they're not playing for money those it's it's no, it's spoke of additional chips. Yes, And nonetheless it was cuptivating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are afraid of losing even a dollar, so people don't want to be the sucker. So there's a mentality that people would rather practice their poker without having to spend money. But an insight that I had was that they wanted more chips, first of all, because they always do, but second because they wanted to play against better players.
Speaker 1: But they would play real money. They would pay real money to get more chips. They will later and back into money. But so Poka takes off, then Foamville you become most famous for right Yeah, And all this time, basically all of your business is coming through Facebook, and Mark is your friend and you're one of the first invests in his business. And then all of a sudden they turn around to you and say, if you don't play by all of our rules and effectually become a subsidiary, we're going to kill you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How did that feel? Well?
Speaker 4: I didn't take any of it personally, because it's the only reason that we were able to scale so quickly was because we were, you know, an app apps riding on top of Facebook. So at one moment you're on strategy for them, and another moment you're not on strategy, and that's life and it's there.
Speaker 3: You know, that's their right to do that.
Speaker 4: I didn't like the way they went about it, you know, kind of taking us in a dark alley and beating us up and In fact, the only reason that in the end they came back to the negotiating table with us is because at some point we realized that we didn't have any NDA signed between the two companies, so we I don't know if we threaten this, but we heavily implied that there was nothing stopping us from taking their agreement they asked us for to sign and publishing it on the internet, which would not have helped their reputation.
Speaker 2: And because they would have been seen to be bullying.
Speaker 4: It's not going to help you being an app developer platform when your lead app developer was just given like put the barrel. Yeah, a contract you know that says you're going to be captive to our company and and nothing that you launch on Facebook can go anywhere else on the internet. You know, like that might dry up, you know, interest in your platform pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: So you, with John Doo's support, turned around and said we're going to fight this and rather go down than except becoming your subsidiary.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It was a very heroic, romantic moment for our company and scary, but I knew it wasn't going to matter. That Zuck and I were friends and at this point I'd been to his wedding. You know, we were legitimately friends, but he had such a sense of fate and destiny that nothing was going to get in the way of that. And so if if there was something about Zinga that was in the way, it didn't.
Speaker 3: Matter if we had a friendship. I said.
Speaker 4: It was more like he wouldn't take pleasure as he like pushed the sword into my neck.
Speaker 2: So look how much to ask you.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's the sort of fomo era all over again, right like, I mean there it's a space x ipo anthropic ipo, and I mean that's just that's just money, but everything that goes around it is I mean, this is the moment where everybody in Selicon Value is feeling that the future is being built in real time. Yes, your friend riad Hoffmann wrote the wrote the forward to your book, and he I thought it was very very interesting essay actually, but I.
Speaker 4: Think what he wrote was so good that it I was like, oh shit, I got to make the book better.
Speaker 1: That's a funny a funny way around, but I mean he he Basically I always ask people two questions, what game are you playing?
Speaker 2: And what's your theory? Of the game.
Speaker 1: So I guess I want to ask that question to you, and in particular to ask you know, as you think about this moment, everything you've done so far, you know, what's the game you're playing, what's your theory of it, and what comes next?
Speaker 2: For Mark Pinkers in the Age of AI.
Speaker 4: I asked myself that all the time. Luckily I have some answers, and I talked in the book about that. I realized in the midst of building Zinga, what my why was that I want to build one of these Internet treasures, these services. We can't remember life before or imagine life without. And that's my why. And what I also realized in this kind of came through my book of Life Practice just.
Speaker 2: For the audience, that this is basically an annual review cycle you give to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and the first part of it is read it or throughout it, I'm reading everything I've written before, and it's a conversation and a dialogue with yourself over time. And the painful weight of time and weight of pages is how many years you talk about doing the same things and you don't do it right And we all feel that, but there's nothing like reading it in your like shit, five years ago, ten years ago, I was trying to do the same thing. I was still talking about launching dot earth next year, and I still haven't fucking done it right, And it's like, what am I going to do differently this year? How am I going to stop time and make a difference? And so it's it's been a powerful practice for me. It hasn't always worked, obviously, because I kept talking about launching dot earth and I didn't do it. But what I have learned is this that there's It's the most important thing over time is not It's not whether or not you achieve it the goal. It's not whether or not I build that internet treasure that I dream of, It's did I go after it? Am I in integrity with that goal or out of integrity? Because if I went for it last year, which I did and it didn't work, which it didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't feel bad about last year.
Speaker 4: I can check that off and say, Okay, I tried that approach, it didn't work. I'm not going to do that again. What did I learn from that that I can do definitely this year if I didn't do it last year, and it's just another broken promise to myself. The deeper thing is I'm out of integrity with myself. It means in some level, I can't trust myself. So you're kind of full of shit. You're writing this down here as you did last year, but I.
Speaker 3: Don't what's the point.
Speaker 4: I don't believe you because you're going to get distracted and you don't really mean it. So when are you going to be honest with yourself that you don't really have this goal? So you know, I'm being very Northern California about this, but you know it's it's true. And so for me, what is the game? The game is I enjoyed building innovative, emergent products, trying to connect the dots before they're obvious, trying to bring that to the mass market, make these things accessible to them in ways that they don't feel stupid. And the game is I wanted. I want to be prosecuting that with great teams, and I hope to get back to the high that I had with Zinga of just this loop of every week coming up with ideas and working with great teams and then seeing them go out, learn and do, rinse, and do it again.
Speaker 2: The book is life at the speed of Play. Not thinkers. Thank you, thanks for tech stuff. I'mos Vloscian.
Speaker 1: This episode was produced by Eliza Dennis and Melissa Slaughter. Executive produced by me Julian Nutter and Kate Osborne for Kaleidoscope and Katria Novel for iHeart podcasts. Our engineer today was Bahid Fraser. Jack Insley mixed this episode and Kyle Murdoch wrote our theme song