Speaker 1: He is drinks chess, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 3: He ain't sagreed as your boy in O R E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer put up as d J E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know, me and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks Chans mocavery.
Speaker 3: Days New Year c That's it's time for drink Champions. Drink up, motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Mother fuck.
Speaker 3: What it could bees st be? This is your boy in O R E. What up? It is DJ E f N And this.
Speaker 1: Is Ta me Crazy World Podcast, Drink Champs, Jappie Hour and you want to deliver It's no twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: We can't believe he made it this long.
Speaker 1: So I got two of the best people that I know to help share this moment with us. We got journalists extraordinaire slash entertainer, rapper whatever, my motherfucking friend Rob motherfucking We got a jewelry expert done everything, gets everything, what you want, makes it happen.
Speaker 3: Mister motherfucking game. So we're gonna get straight to it now.
Speaker 5: Gave.
Speaker 1: Let's let us know the jury game, right, it seems like it's only only five jewelers at one time, like you know this, it's a whole bunch of other jewelers.
Speaker 3: There's only five jewelers. Who really win? Is this jewy secret Illuminati?
Speaker 6: No, it's just uh, it's just social media got ship really fucked up? Right, because you know, you know me a long time. I've been doing this for a very long time. Right, Uh did this without any Instagram, any any social media, right, and uh, I think my Space was just coming out when I started.
Speaker 7: But I was already still doing what I was doing.
Speaker 6: I was already in in the streets, in the field, whatever you want to call it. You know, I would put I put in the work, and I had book bags in the clubs, just running around doing crazy ship with a bunch of wolves around.
Speaker 7: Bro New York. MV was envy Exit clubs, wild clubs.
Speaker 6: Like Okay, I think a lot of Yes, I respect what they're doing, all of it. I wish them for the best. I have no issue beef got for me with nobody. You know, I'm in my own lane. You know, let them, you know, do that. But social media, social media. You know, it's very different these days. Like anybody can just come to somebody, you know store and take a bunch of pics and you know, post it and say I'm a celebrity jeweler when they haven't seen the celebrity in their life. Even if they do take care of one or two people, you know, you're labeled the celebrity Jews.
Speaker 7: And I don't know about that. But you know, if you know, I don't get it that way. You know, I look at it.
Speaker 6: You have to have a relationship with bombs, you know, like I have relationships with my clientele.
Speaker 1: We have a relationship, right, you know what I mean, Like you cursed me the funk out, I cursed you. We always do back in relationship.
Speaker 3: The same thing.
Speaker 7: I have to say.
Speaker 1: A few people beefing over jewelry. Okay, just a certain thing. And if ship don't go, I'm gonna go over there.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 7: That's not rich.
Speaker 3: I'll never go.
Speaker 6: No, I'll never go, you know. But again, to me, that's really I love it. You know, But what would.
Speaker 3: You say was your breakout piece?
Speaker 1: Because like every time I walk in your office, it's always the big jay Z was that the first piece that was ever made?
Speaker 3: And that doesn't you crush?
Speaker 1: Was that one of the because remember when Jay wore actually he was like killing mister t the first time was was one? Was that your first breakout piece? And and and just steck with that one for now?
Speaker 6: No, No, that was not my break at that moment. It was, yes, but because.
Speaker 1: That's the first of it.
Speaker 6: That's the second question of it's kind first, the cut of it's kind like World Guinness Book of Workers trying to call me and put it up.
Speaker 7: I called him, I'm like sure, can I do this? And he's like no, I'm like okay, wow, And I said no.
Speaker 1: So you tried to get in the World Book and Work. They called you, they called me, and then you asked, I don't know, he seems he don't want.
Speaker 7: I don't play that game.
Speaker 6: But I believe my first breakout piece was nothing crazy, nothing big.
Speaker 7: It was for the one who really put me on was Angie.
Speaker 1: Martinez Andie Martinez and yes.
Speaker 6: My you know, my big breakout was when I was eighteen nineteen years old.
Speaker 7: That's how I met everybody.
Speaker 1: So so so so, how did you meet Angie?
Speaker 7: So thank you. I think I don't know.
Speaker 6: I guess I was in some club or something and somebody was just like, yo, we have a video shoot.
Speaker 7: When she was rapping, right.
Speaker 3: That's all I could go.
Speaker 6: I had got John, I was so I was very new at this. You know, at that time video shoots, they say be there at two o'clock. I'm like, a fucking be there at one forty, like wing around.
Speaker 1: It's just you that was telling you, yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 6: So I'm thinking, you know, I'm very you know at that time professional, be there on time.
Speaker 7: I'm fucking there twenty minutes early. Bro.
Speaker 6: She just thought ten hours later, what the fuck? I'm like, this is crazy. I'm like I'm sitting in the trail or whatever. But before all of that that happened, Andrew, she had the Animal House records at that time, so I cao.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So she's like, I want a house with you know, just a house, make me a house, and this and that and this is this when she was on ninety seven.
Speaker 7: So I was like, yeah, I got you. I'm going to make the sting for this jury. The house it was appending. It was like a house, let's go house something. I forgot the name of the house, Ian t or something like that.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, it was Animal House. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I was like, all right, beg give me, let me, let me do my thing. So I and there was like a record player in the like where the window is supposed to be.
Speaker 7: So I took that and I made it spin. You know, back in those.
Speaker 4: Times, nobody had a spinning before the spinning spins.
Speaker 6: So I'm in its spin and the record you could take it on and off, you know, the little the needle. So I did that and I presented it to him. It was like, oh ship, you know pick House really at that time amore.
Speaker 1: He's kidding now, but he's still yeah.
Speaker 6: So then so then I delivered it and from there they were like, oh, listen, we have a video shoot.
Speaker 7: Come to the video shoot. You know. That's where I met j Lo.
Speaker 6: That's where I met Joe Crack and everybody was in there, and that's how it all started with that.
Speaker 1: And uh and what do you did you have a shop at that time?
Speaker 3: No, no, I have.
Speaker 6: I had a booth at uh on the diamondustry. I had a booth inside of the inside of an exchange. I took the whole back. You know, it was nothing crazy. It was about this big like the table like right here. Nothing crazy, you know, two showcases and uh look eighteen nineteen years old, just you know, doing what I was doing. And uh, funny crazy story after that video, after that video shoot, and I packed up. It was like two three in the morning, and I get back to the office the next day and I'm going.
Speaker 7: Through the stuff.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't write anything down, invoice, this, this, fucking throw everything in the bag and we'll figure it out. You know I did write it, you know, certain things down, big big pieces. I come back five carriage studs each. Wow, God, not not in my bag.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: I'm like, what the fuck. I'm like, I said it's over and you started. I'm done. That's a lot of money. Back then, five characters each was like two hunch grand Wow. If not more, I'm like, I'm fucked. A couple of hours later, my head is down, like this fucking Peckhouse walks in through the door, had him on fucking walks in. He's like, what happened? I don't know him from a whole no wall. Back then, I just handed the guy. I don't know him. I'm thinking motherfuckers into my head. You fucking slip.
Speaker 1: I'm sucking.
Speaker 6: He's like, you're good. I'm like, nah, bro, I lost my earrings over there. I don't know what to do. He's like these.
Speaker 7: I'm like wow, shit, Wow, I'm like wow. Shout out to pecos Bro.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you.
Speaker 1: So a person is starting now, do you do you borrow the jewel young assignment until.
Speaker 3: You sell it? A cool So how does that go? So a person that's coming.
Speaker 6: Up in this business, you need relationships. It's all about relationships. You can make it or break it with your name.
Speaker 7: You know. Yes, it's good to have the money.
Speaker 6: You can do cash memos, you know, they you bring the you know, you bring them whatever.
Speaker 7: Hundred gees and you take a hundred g's with the ship. You see what I'm saying. And then when you.
Speaker 6: Come back, you drop off the jewelry minus whatever you sold and they give you a difference in some In my situations, most of it is where I just come take whatever the fuck I want. Not back then, back then it was you know, here, take a little here, don't you can't? You know you're young blacks. You know you don't have insurance, nothing, you're just starting out. But that's how Usually it's all about building a relationship with the vendors, with your you know, with the ones who are the O g's in the game.
Speaker 7: You know, you're just not just gonna come out of nowhere, and just.
Speaker 5: How do you even get that credential to even get family.
Speaker 1: It's it's you know, it's somebody who knows somebody work.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a family. You know, if if if somebody brings you in, like my boy Mike, you know, like Lee knows my brother Mike, like.
Speaker 1: Lee knows everybody, Mike is Mike.
Speaker 6: Know he knows Mike, Mike. That's my boy. That's my brother. Like I brought him in, Like I brought him in. I'm like, bro, this is what you're doing. This is what is going to be. Like everywhere I go, he's with me. Everybody knows that's you know, like my face. You know he needs something, give it him. I just get that phone call, you know, because somebody used to do that for me.
Speaker 7: So now I'm his.
Speaker 6: You know this guy before it was somebody else for me, that was my guy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: So that's how it trickles down. You know, you got to bring them in and you know again it's family. It's it's a family, family, conciliarity, round table.
Speaker 1: Gangster ship sometimes, you know, that's what it comes down to. No, no, because I know in twenty twenty five I got the whole.
Speaker 3: Right there, only.
Speaker 1: Twenty four well right there, but peace wise, I get watches to commemorate my times, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Uh, this was something big for me.
Speaker 6: And I'm gonna tell you, guys your story about this ship.
Speaker 1: He like it was my favorite cartoons.
Speaker 7: Wow, yeah for.
Speaker 3: Shure, but show but show up the microphone. Okay, yeah, you're gonna show me that. You don't know what the fuck did do? Let me give me? Yeah, help you with all this?
Speaker 7: Yeah that he calls me.
Speaker 6: He's like, gee, I'm in the Lego movie this I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: I put you on the stress for this, Bros. Like, hey, I went so hard for I'm telling.
Speaker 3: You you see your changing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you see your little change.
Speaker 1: Because I didn't have no idea since the grenades, Like how did you deal with bloods?
Speaker 3: Change? It was weird because listen to figure figures in there.
Speaker 7: You got the microphone right there.
Speaker 6: It has other pieces like the in the in the movie he has a spade bottle and a cup, so I have that too.
Speaker 7: It can finish.
Speaker 6: You can put the ace of Spade in here and then the cup in here. So I was if I had more time, I would make the arms come off, put different arms.
Speaker 7: It was just a whole intricate ship going on here. So I call him.
Speaker 6: I'm like, bro, here's I sent him all the legos. There's sixteen thousand pieces. I said, Bro, pick the ten you want. He said, for I'm like, we're gonna intricate into this chain. So I took this that's a unique piece, and I took the legos.
Speaker 7: And you can actually do one of these, you know you can?
Speaker 1: You can stack it?
Speaker 6: He got, he got twenty twenty five right now?
Speaker 7: No, he said it all.
Speaker 6: I'm who they gotta come real crazy correct with this one.
Speaker 7: So and then.
Speaker 1: He told me to call forrell And and to tell Lego. At first I said, no, for real, he might beat me to the point.
Speaker 6: Only reason I said that, the man. The only reason I said that because j Balvin crazy. Jay Balman has the astro Boy and I need that now is an auction. But somewhere was the Jupiter something. But he wasn't an astro boy the movie. No, So yeah, the reason the only reason I said let's do the NDA was because Valvin is so straight shooter.
Speaker 1: He wants permission of the artist for his presence artist.
Speaker 3: So that's your the they called him.
Speaker 1: So I was just like, hey, but I mean, we should do that around now. Like, but I got somebody like what I didn't want to tell buster nobody today.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not telling them.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, that's people.
Speaker 3: That's insane, bro, that's hard.
Speaker 4: First of all, the fact that you was in that movie, because I was in the theater and I texted you while I was in the theater seeing and and you got to understand of when we became to know Norwa was seeing them, was like, like you, you was a different guy then. And if you think of that, and not only that, your own experience in the movie theater changed your whole fucking life, your whole trajectory. And I'm sitting here with my son watching the Legs.
Speaker 3: Movie, keep going keeping right there. So you didn't know I was in the movie, or you knew I was in the movie. No, I knew you was in the movie.
Speaker 4: Once I got window what the movie was, like, how can Normy not be in it?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And I think they started letting out the trailers, but then actually seeing it on the big screen and then the way that that for real and he's always been gracious and gave it up for you. What really gives you that lane of like yo, nor was the one enough he put them on and let me produce because he had he had production everything, but it was nobody trusted him.
Speaker 3: And it's really it's truly like how I said in the.
Speaker 1: Movie, said to me produce you like not let me make a beat for you? And I had and I'm a hot dude at the time. I got the number one record in New York, so I could have easily even like shut the funk up. But for some reason, I know I sounded like a genius now, but I was then because it happened. I looked at him and I was like, but Chaves there too, because I hate not just say that t was there too. I think they both diserbed the credit on this, and they were just looking at me. Although Chad didn't say much, but he was like he was he looked at me. Damn, I'm mad that you can look at it and I can't.
Speaker 3: Y'all said, he says, we grow up.
Speaker 1: A Lego, but so so I tell you, yeah both the funny story for all never tells me I'm an Lego movie the whole time. By the way, I didn't feel bad because I was telling all, y'all, Yo, he didn't tell me he was in a Lego movie. I'm sitting next to Teddy Riley, that's my guy, and the premiere and Teddy Roley leans over to me and goes, did he.
Speaker 3: Tell you what was in this movie? I said, hell no. He said I feel good too.
Speaker 1: I said, he didn't tell you.
Speaker 3: He said no, I said, I feel good too.
Speaker 4: So he just had you, like if he was shooting the documentary, Yeah, and explain to me.
Speaker 1: You know what coached you through the For me personally, I know it's gonna sound crazy, but I'm glad that he ain't tell me because I would have tried to act like a Lego like I don't know how. I would have tried to be like cartoonish, like I would have tried to do my overdo my job as opposed to to this. So like I get again, he's that was an animeated Come on, bro, but you want not animate you got.
Speaker 7: Say lego, man, you.
Speaker 3: Know he's just a cartoon attention. It was just you just knew it was for me.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna tell you right now.
Speaker 6: This crazy guy calls me, but yo, I need this and what two weeks?
Speaker 3: Yes, I did.
Speaker 7: I had this ship ready. I had this ship ready before Christmas. He just let yo where you at?
Speaker 1: I went to Europe with Europe and here he wasn't he was about time?
Speaker 7: He was?
Speaker 1: He wasn't that always time? He was what?
Speaker 7: I took it home.
Speaker 1: I took it home my son just one and a half.
Speaker 7: He wanted. I sent him a picture. I'mself wearing the ship.
Speaker 1: This this is the killer part, the lego and then the lego could stick it on all this. If I really had.
Speaker 6: Some time, really, if I really have, I would where every part can come off and he can stack like actual leg I ain't give me time, but.
Speaker 3: I don't want every part.
Speaker 4: I think I think you are officially redeemed, But for the newport, I think we can.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna tell you what.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: It was just too ignorant. Yeah, yeah, I was kind of do but it was but you know what it was.
Speaker 1: It was, I swear to god, it was just it was this old white I would have put a lighter in that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: That lived in my building at the time.
Speaker 1: And that's the whole point. I didn't realize how like you know, I can say how nignurish the newports was. And then so she looked at the chain and I didn't really look at her looking into the chain. I just opened it up and I pulled out a Newport and I could see her face like I was embarrassed at that moment, like wow, like like someone, Yeah, no, that's not it's not that building.
Speaker 3: I lived in the whole other building at that time.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, I remember I was working at Double Cell at the time, uh huh. And we used to have a column in the front of the or whoever had the craziest peace right, So you definitely you definitely aren one of those spots.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, right, the New twenty twenty five. I'm not going.
Speaker 1: I had to set it off, right, you got to do a photo shoot for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's Banana's peace wise jewish but jewelry wise, right, Like yes, like diamond wise.
Speaker 7: Who got the Saudi royal family? But I just posted them.
Speaker 1: Like really, the Saudi Warrior family.
Speaker 3: How easy is to do business with them? They come all the way over here to work with you. That's crazy.
Speaker 7: I know them for a very long time. But I got three million dollars.
Speaker 3: Can We're not even allowed to see it posted.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to say what it's going who the family? It's just that, you know.
Speaker 1: All I said was, you know, twenty twenty five is nice.
Speaker 3: Let's they crown prints on it.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about these watches yeaes sir, now that I'm a part of the watch world. The watch world considered them bracelets. They considered them bracelets, right, they considerate jewelry pieces. We got we got the Prestine one, which I have one, you know, big gout the Presstine. We've got the Abvy and Co. And it's basically just a bus down. You can't really tell the time, there's no movements, there's no open back piece. What do you feel about these these these pieces? It's very popular in hip hop because it's shiny, and people who don't actually know watches.
Speaker 6: I made my own aunches as well, I'm making my own as well right now. But it's again like you said, it's for it's for status, right, Okay, But I think these days, people are you know, with the Internet and everything that's going on during COVID, people seeing what's going on with jewelry, watches, how everything's just skyrocketed through the roof.
Speaker 7: But diamond pieces.
Speaker 6: In my opinions, if you have extra funk around money, that's cool. But you know, if you have you money, all right, cool whatever, But you know, in my opinion, if you know, because because you're simple.
Speaker 1: Will watch, is you wanna protect you want yeah, you know rich by the way, yes, yes, yes, yes, one yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Right there back in yeah, back in COVID days or you know, I forgot when that came out. I was like half a million dollar watch maybe more. The scarcity to see where was going with all this. Everybody that's doing their own thing, you know, I wish them all the best. Again, I know, I know everybody.
Speaker 7: I know, everybody's you know, doing their thing. God blessed.
Speaker 6: But again, uh, for me, for myself personally, if I'm investing, I'm investing in you know, I protect you know, you know, prestigious brand, you know, protect Richie Rolls. Understand. I'm not you know, even my own brand. Understand because at the end of the day, I know what's gonna end up happening. Mike Clentella is gonna come back and say, hey, Gabe, I want to you.
Speaker 3: Know, trade this in or I want to do this and that.
Speaker 7: I cannot say no, but you can.
Speaker 6: I say no because we have to say no because we wanted to circulate within the market.
Speaker 7: Right, just like role you can't go.
Speaker 1: Into fucking roll Legs back then say hey I want to trade this in. Now they could do that, us could trade and they do that no back from you. Really, they do the you have to get it from them.
Speaker 3: You have to get it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they do that now. They never did that before.
Speaker 6: And I believe it's because of guys like myself and the rest.
Speaker 7: Of the jewelers. We've did that and we listen.
Speaker 6: At the end of the day, these ads, these authorized dealers, they cannot live without us.
Speaker 1: They need us, right, And that's what I'm like, you said, need these journalists you know the gray market where the gray mark Okay, yes, absolutely, the gray market. They need us because we're the ones that set the tone and set the price for the secondary market. Is it true that Frank Mula tried to actually sue all of the jewelers and that's the reason why Frank Mulla's beastly.
Speaker 6: I heard that, but I also heard he went crazy and like.
Speaker 1: He didn't want y'all selling his watches the great market, right, I don't know, I never heard that.
Speaker 3: Okay, what is you hear?
Speaker 6: He's a bit I just heard, you know, from from the grape vines that you know, he just you know, lost it and uh, you know, just the brand again, we are the brand, you know, like I am my own brand in my in my in my my company. Everybody is their own like Jacob is his thing, you know, everybody does their own thing.
Speaker 7: They're the fates.
Speaker 6: I feel like I heard that, you know, he something happened, you understanding, there was personal stuff that he was dealing with, and after that it just went into toilet. I honestly think Frank Mules at that time were hot of ship dope, like they were of getting to where Richard Miller is today from you know, and I think I definitely don't major major discount obviously, you know, the discount is crazy forty fifty off whatever. But still I have a few in my mouth. I carry a few, I think honestly, Frank Muller was the first one who had that crazy looking shape, right that Richie has now. Right, they had that weird looking shape that they have now Richie has now.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna ask you about the like the Frank Muler hip hop, when did rap raid off fuck up?
Speaker 3: That was a good pivot, that great, great pivot. Bro, I didn't even notice like that. Oh he's the Frank.
Speaker 7: I don't know about that. I'm going to leave you that what happened with that?
Speaker 5: Let's recap put out because I don't even I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't even know rants. And that's all I know about.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm not even saying that because I seriously believe that it wouldn't have been a rant, or wouldn't have been this this negativity or this feeling had rap Radar stayed together, you know, and just kept putting our episodes so him.
Speaker 3: Beat out staying together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe that when I'm staying not being together had left that hole in the game for us to keep going. For all artists, to keep having podcasts and things like that. So when do you think that rap radar went wrong? I know I said it funny, Yeah, but dog going.
Speaker 3: Shout to be that to be that.
Speaker 4: Rap Radar, I mean, what they did and what they built it was amazing. I mean, I mean maybe there's a space for it to come back. But the climate, you know, for one, I think the climate changed.
Speaker 3: Like like your.
Speaker 4: Question that you gotta wait, you like, how did it get to the point for for rapists to take over?
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm saying rap radar particularly get to that.
Speaker 3: Rap up question. Yeah, it's tough out here, bro, it is tough. And this is me not speaking on them, and we can get the specifics I want. Gods, none of your questions.
Speaker 4: But as somebody as a journalist, somebody who was training journalists who came up in journalism, it's tough, bro.
Speaker 3: It's tough to create.
Speaker 4: Content that is dependent on guests week after week. Y'all right, and and and but it's guests. But people show up for Norri because Norri is the one that we all know. People show e f N because EFN like the backbone and and and the journalistic integrity and the one that that you you're a wild boy, You're gonna keep shitting on train, you know what I'm saying, And the dynamic dynamic is amazing, right, it gets hard for journalists to like week after week do a show, especially after COVID a lot a lot of the look I'm gonna speak from my personal experience. I was at Look Man, I used to be at Double XL, I used to be at MTV. I used to be I'm still at Genius. I used to have a show at Genius. They cut the production budgets so people aren't investing in journalists the same way, you know, like like.
Speaker 3: Not to say y'all that it's easier because y'all work hard.
Speaker 4: But it's easier to be like, you know what, I'm gonna put my money on the Norri on.
Speaker 3: The cam and the Maze on.
Speaker 4: The Joe Budden because because but no disrespect. While we was out here making on bones, y'all was on one on six in park, like you know what I'm saying, and that don't mean that because plenty of rappers come in and failed you how to put the work in with it.
Speaker 3: It just got hard and people.
Speaker 6: Said to my point right there exactly like my exactly what he just said. From my side, Okay, I put in all that work. We put in my generation you know, came up.
Speaker 7: We put it all at work.
Speaker 6: Understand what Dip said with Joel's with you, all them crazy ship that we started that trend with all that crazy jewelry that had on Cam, with the crazy world.
Speaker 7: I did that. Understand that all that the world.
Speaker 3: About.
Speaker 7: Okay, we we did all that first. We did that first.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like when he was on the source, wasn't xs L whatever, it was all his ship on the Little Light.
Speaker 7: Understand, the family did all that. Understand. So I feel like we did all that because we.
Speaker 6: Like you said, you understand, but you set a certain standard and from there your next generation. But we we set the groundwork, the foundation that these young guins can now you know, do what they're doing right now.
Speaker 7: But understand, Yeah, I got Instagram.
Speaker 6: You know, I think this ship in the Instagram, like I said in the beginning, nothing nothing.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's easier for the jewelers now because they have what the fucking DM and motherfucker.
Speaker 6: I mean your facing the club, I mean I mean your face yea for you I understood. I'm being I'm here run around in the city, but.
Speaker 4: You got you gotta play the game how the game is to be today, I'm hanging on them.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 7: I'm not hanging on them.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying we did all that, Like, I don't think my honest opinion understand, no disrespect, and none of these jewels out here, but if they were living in my time, but they will get eating up real quickly.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that's the same with hip hop, same.
Speaker 3: Thing with hip hop. But to me, it's about how do you adjust?
Speaker 4: Like for me, I I was like, oh wow, I don't have my show on Genius anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't have my show on Amazon anymore. Cool. None of these corporations, none of these.
Speaker 4: Companies is going to tell me when I can go on the air or when I can't.
Speaker 3: So I started, I think it's it's just me. It's not even depending on the guests.
Speaker 4: It's just whatever I want to talk about, whatever I want to get my opinion about. But people who come to my ship know that they're going to get somebody who's not like sensationalized. I broke down the whole Drake and Kendrick Battle and it's necessary what you do.
Speaker 3: You don't have bias.
Speaker 4: But it's like, man, like, somebody got to call it straight, you know what I'm saying, Like, somebody got to.
Speaker 3: Call this shit straight, so fuck it. That's my lane.
Speaker 4: But it's like, you can't complain about the playing field because the game is the game and.
Speaker 5: It's not exclusive. It's not exclusive to hip hop. This is indicative of what's happening in media, and.
Speaker 3: That's in journalism.
Speaker 6: That's what That's what I hate about my industry is they're always beating about clientele. Somebody comes to somebody, take somebody's client, bro, fucking name is not written on his forehead.
Speaker 7: That's you know, is James client only?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 6: If somebody's trying to holler at him, and you know they're trying to work some cool man, you understand.
Speaker 7: But in this industry of mind is so cutthroat, is worse than game.
Speaker 1: I be seeing y'all fake beefing, but then y'all all be at the same boss of us found together. I'm like, wait a minute, that's the thing.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 6: We we have a respect for each other at the end of the day, but there's a I don't know, there's no beef. I don't think there's a hatred because that's a nasty word use. I think there's just competition, and I love competition.
Speaker 7: But definitely.
Speaker 3: Listening to hater straight up or just straight up? Yeah, is this the same to be a hater to just can't I told you I wasn't gonna die. Not He's just set me up, but we're not going to die. Questions like he's in a tough position man.
Speaker 1: Because it's like he can't hide it at this point. Like I believe he's been a hater like like in in a way because he thought he was the best. He thinks he's the best, and in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: He is right. You said I was the greatest one, you introduced me. Now you flip flopping what I'm saying, get him some more. Got a problem?
Speaker 1: So let me let me ask you from your perspective, from what you see, what you see, and what you dealt with on your own, you believe Elliot Wilson's a hater straight up.
Speaker 3: I think he got hate in his blood. I mean Wilson came from shocking me about him. Yeah, but but I think it comes from his competitive nature. I think.
Speaker 4: I think it's him wanting to be the best at at at every single moment. And I'm not so ain't nothing that I haven't sold him personally. I think at times he'll step on other people's moments, like sometimes it's just not your it's not your day, it's not your week, it's not your month, And he'll step on other people's moments. But that's his competitive drive, like he don't give a fuck about nothing but this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think it was competitive when he was winning. It doesn't seem competitive.
Speaker 3: When you lose. It when you're losing and you hate it. But is he really losing?
Speaker 1: I mean not losing. You're just not out there. You're not out there. I mean, I'm about he's gone.
Speaker 4: He has the bigger picture shout the DJ head Jeremy Hack, so he's out there every week.
Speaker 3: It's just he's not getting the No I see it. I got TV. It's not on TV, you know what I mean. Instagram is TV. I don't see it on the ground.
Speaker 4: He's just not getting I don't think artists are doing interviews anyway. I'm saying, like our own ship and and and it's so like, yes, here's the thing even outside of laugh well, here's the thing that that that I don't know that people maybe he doesn't understand or maybe just hasn't articulated in that way. There are a few of us who are fans of good journalism, right, yes, yeah, but that's niche.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Everybody who bought the source double XL Vibe back in the day, it wasn't because they was fans of journalism. It was because they favorite rapper was on the cover.
Speaker 3: It just so happened. You got good articles, you got good information, you got good whatever.
Speaker 1: Cars right, He's right righting for them back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so but that's where everybody went. If you wanted to see your favorite rapper, you went to double XL Vibe Source or you turn on Rap.
Speaker 3: City, but a few places. But could it be because we just took it for granted? It was always there. Journalism was there. Now it's not there. So the generation I doesn't even know what it was. But what I'm what I'm saying is YouTube is very important.
Speaker 4: And you you you may be different because it's niche, But the millions of people every month that was mining that magazine. Think of a fuck about good journalism. It was because fifty was on the coming fifty my favorite rout That's what, so they had the attention.
Speaker 6: Magazines are roused on that pace because for that reason I advertised what.
Speaker 4: You advatise there now because because they don't have the market ship, they don't have the large audience.
Speaker 3: You know who has that.
Speaker 1: Audience right yea streamers.
Speaker 4: So when they see the media, Drake go to Aiden ross or or Nikki go to Consannat.
Speaker 3: And there's no shade.
Speaker 4: The constanat is not because they're going there for a good interview.
Speaker 3: It's not because they're going there to have fun.
Speaker 4: But it's because they have the most I have the audience, and I want to get my message across. I'm going to the biggest audience. You know what, I want to give a fuck about journalism. It was a small it's niche.
Speaker 1: You know what I call it now media attainment like it's media but entertainment, Like it's more entertaining than like having to deliver like a class.
Speaker 3: Journalism, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But that still exists, and that should that that should still be a world for that.
Speaker 3: I think it's dangerous not to have real journeysm But but like like you were saying, and I agree, but this is a problem bigger than hip hop. Look look at what's going on. And first of all, the political arena is way worse. Look if you look what Elon is saying on every day see that. Look, you know you're just turning waiting on fast forward the time.
Speaker 4: But if you look at what Elon is talking about, Elon is telling yo, Elon is saying every day on Twitter, there's no more media. You guys are the media. They're dismantling media. They're trying to discredit CNN, They're trying to discredit all this legacy media and and and put it in the hands of the people. And while I believe in democracy, do you see the crazy ship that's going on on Twitter? You see the fucking idiots on Twitter ship? Yeah you social media? Yeah, but it's fucking dumb. But media dismantled itself too, like.
Speaker 3: Giving into greed is advertisers. It became a statement.
Speaker 6: I was watching something and they just said that I'm not into this political stuff. But I just saw that where Zuckerberg just put yeah, what's his name, Dan know White?
Speaker 3: You know white as on board of Mecada. I don't know why.
Speaker 6: You know why because he wants to get into good graces with who mister Trump. He is because because like this and to get to Trump, you gotta get you. I have to be cool with Elon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they want to break up Facebook. They want to break it up.
Speaker 6: So now they have all these lawsuits as you know, whatever I do.
Speaker 3: That's what TikTok.
Speaker 4: Right, No, no, no, no, But the whole thing about TikTok is now no.
Speaker 3: But they're trying to buy it, to sell it.
Speaker 7: They want to buy it.
Speaker 3: But they got in Trump's good favor. Now he's coming back to it.
Speaker 4: The guy, I forget his name, I know he's out there trying to buy. The guy from Shark, Kevin O'Leary, Okay, Kevin, he's trying to buy it by TikTok. He's trying to buy TikTok because they want it.
Speaker 6: They want the servers could be the United States. The servers are not here because that's what the fun is going on. But my daughters are sitting there. I'm gonna get the fuck off the phones. I literally have to take these ships and just fucking.
Speaker 3: Even bigger than that.
Speaker 4: If six Hot gets sold to o'liary and and Dana White on the board face and oli campaign right, Larry Dane's trying to call they're trying to call campaign on South African but he running ship right. So now the Trump, the Republicans and and basically the Trump regime imagine control. Trump's whole thing has been like, fuck, media, watch what I do to y'all.
Speaker 3: CNN did me wrong? This one didn't watch what I do to y'all.
Speaker 4: And now he send potentially he controls through elon Twitter or ax or whatever Instagram, through through Zuckerberg and Dana White and and O'Leary and and sixshot. What does that look like? Yeah, so it's bigger than I just think.
Speaker 6: They just want everybody to have a fair, you know, fair fair chance to speak their mind, to speak their truth. You know, because even even Zuckerberg admitted twenty sixteen he fucking blacklisted and didn't allow any of Trump's stuff to go on that's platform.
Speaker 7: He said it, He literally said it. That's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the media did it to themselves. And now it's it's.
Speaker 1: Because has been honest, as they called it meta, I don't know, they ain't been the same they ain't been the same since the name change.
Speaker 3: I mean they're doing things on Instagram now where they they on Instagram right? Meta?
Speaker 4: Yeah, AI accounts like they look like real people. They put up AI pitches, they like, like, why.
Speaker 3: Do we need that?
Speaker 4: How many millions of people on Instagram don't I don't need to interact with I want more human interaction. I don't need AI friends, like, you know what I'm saying, Like it just kind of questions like what and AI that monetizes itself they also want. Nigga said, Mega you the only one Mega.
Speaker 1: Mega.
Speaker 4: But so it's way bigger than hip hop when you talk about what's going on in the media, is going on in media across the board, and and we're gonna have to learn learn with that, you know what I'm saying. For me, I'm gonna take the slow road. I did my YouTube channel, man, I do my videos. I try to respond to every single comment, as long as it's not like some supertrol ship, Like I'm trying to build community of real people. And you know, I might not have the viewership of a drink chance what you know I did.
Speaker 3: I just started my shit.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even for a four year, I got two point two million views. I've seen it eight months, and I respond to every fucking comment, you know what I'm saying, and and reach out to every person.
Speaker 3: Like that's the way I'm gonna have to build it.
Speaker 1: Like, and what you get more act you're on your Instagram or your YouTube YouTube YouTube on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean you're using your Instagram to drive to YouTube. Yeah, focus to the longer version is on the YouTube.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what I actually do is probably a dumb way to do it. I don't want my Instagram audience to feel like they're getting clips from YouTube.
Speaker 3: I gotta do a competitive advantage.
Speaker 4: So I shoot a long form thing of me talking on YouTube, and I'll shoot a separate video like a Instagram where I just like trunk added, let me just give you the ninety second version of what I said. Let's do it the court at ten more work. It's definitely more work. And I'm editing to myself. I'm doing all this myself. It's definitely more work, but I'm like, I just want I want to feel present. My competitive advantage is like, Yo, you're going to feel like you're talking to me. You're gonna feel like like when you get in an opinion from me, whether you agree or disagree, you know that it's the real me.
Speaker 3: It's reliable what I'm saying, it's reliable. And also you're doing the comic book stuff to you that's just out of love, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 1: What was the name of the company before? Gabel?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, now it's Nova. What's going on?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Win your separate ways separate Okay, Okay, that's it.
Speaker 3: Nothing. Yeah, you ain't got.
Speaker 1: Yeah this.
Speaker 3: Track?
Speaker 7: You know what what?
Speaker 6: Never?
Speaker 7: It's like you and it's like you and.
Speaker 1: Would about but you could explain without happened.
Speaker 6: It's like it's like he said, two different you know, and you know, two different opinions on everything. I'm young and you know the older you know, older, you know, whole older person. You know. I just I think I feel like I'm just getting in my prime. I feel like just getting it. You know, I was always away boomer, you know, growing up as a kid. You know, I feel like I'm I'm I'm.
Speaker 7: Ready to function up right now. I feel it, you know.
Speaker 3: So what's the plans with Nova?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 7: Miami? Okay?
Speaker 6: Stores coming? Okay, a couple of months oh yeah here. Yeah, just a lot of a lot of things happen. I can't really you know, Okay, there's a lot of good a lot of good stuff happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, nice.
Speaker 4: And what we got going next for me is it is just continuing to build this YouTube that I got rob marking on YouTube. I'm gonna start adding interviews in the mix, but again I'm not it's not gonna be any interview based. Yeah, I mean, it's not interviews based. It's like special interviews. Like it's going like a barble water special light.
Speaker 1: Just keep it on against whatever you feel for that week, you know what I mean, That's what.
Speaker 4: It's just what I think, whatever I feel like doing. And then you know, music still I'm putting out just put out a project at the end of December called will Never be This Young Again and won't independently that's my thing.
Speaker 3: To me, it was a universal truth.
Speaker 4: It was like because I put it out on my birthday December thirty, and I'm like, man, if you eight or if you eighty, but you will never be this young again. So it's just a reminder that like, live life to the fullest. And I really came up with that concept after we lost Hovan Hillton, my brother. Man, like that was just sudden. Nobody seen that coming. It was like one minute he was here, the next minute he wasn't here, and he was a managed you right, yeah, he started He started me off, man like, I didn't think I could do it. I didn't think people was going to accept me coming from journalism and then doing the raps, you know. And I was on the Breakfast Club one time and Charlamagne kind of did me to kick a freestyle and I did it and they.
Speaker 3: Was like, no, that shit was kind of hot, like you be rapping for real.
Speaker 4: And so when I came out the interview, Havaine was like, yo, you know, we could put a record out right, And then he hooked me up with Gayzi and Nima. We put out my first project, Right to Dream, And so Havan was the one that showed me it was possible because I was like, man, like, they're not gonna sign, They're gonna advance me and they gonna sign.
Speaker 3: I don't even got a record.
Speaker 4: And he was like watch this and Havain put it together, God bless him, and so he showed me it was real, and you know, so So when when he was gone, I kind of like, you know, it hit me for a second, but it was like, man, would never be this young man. You gotta you gotta live each day like it's you gotta do everything that you ever wanted to do. He was an amazing dude.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: And you can't find nobody to say nothing crazy.
Speaker 3: Even even the people who who.
Speaker 4: Who may talk crazy about him when when he was here, that just stopped when he was because it was sobering because people saw what was real. Nah, you know what I was tripping. If you had a problem with Havain, you were the problem.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Giving people they flowers, We wanted to give y'all both flowers something positive.
Speaker 3: You can drink them. I don't watch this show.
Speaker 4: I watched so many episodes of Drink Champs to seeing everybody get their flowers.
Speaker 3: Man, this is crazy. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: So it's Jacob to Judah, the greatest hip hop Juwelah that came from hip hop. Build his name from hip hop up all time as of now.
Speaker 3: No, he's not ain't still gold doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: It all started with Tito.
Speaker 3: Tito. Every time to see you think I said they had colic of jewelry.
Speaker 1: No Tito tricks, come on, said nobody.
Speaker 7: I'm with you, don't.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jacob, but he had a long guess he was like, that's like comparing Big to Jay, Right, we'll all due expect the big.
Speaker 3: You can't because they just had a long career because they kept going.
Speaker 1: Now, biggest impact, you could argue bigs impact, but all reality, BIG's not here, but Big was. I'm trying to say, Jacob, but you're talking about Tito.
Speaker 3: Tito's not here.
Speaker 1: He's the biggie kind of Jewry and Jacob definitely, And.
Speaker 3: Jacob was like, one's the pioneer and once and.
Speaker 1: He's still Jacob Jacob.
Speaker 6: In my opinion, you guys put them on right one hundred million percent.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he feels this way, but I don't know what. This is my opinion, and I believe this is everyone's opinion. If it wasn't for hip hop, but he wouldn't be where he is today.
Speaker 1: Absolutely hip hop count He can't socker. Now, Yeah, it's Ferrari's I.
Speaker 4: Got I got a question. You just kind of spat something in my mind. If I may, please please come on you hear ask questions, but you just said, like, if it wasn't for hip hop, you know, of course I wouldn't be here either, right, That's what that's my bigger question about here. What what did hip hop do for just the Drury game? I mean, obviously Drury is Drury King's queen. Like it's always a big market in a huge market. But it wasn't good cost do for the jewelers and the jewelry game and andes.
Speaker 7: Uh it did a lot.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: I love the hip hop game.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it's a nasty game, you know, as far as uh, you know, people owe you money and this and that, all the bullshit the politics. But at the end of the day, if it wasn't for hip hop, if it wasn't for hip hop, if it wasn't for.
Speaker 7: This, these jewelers where we meet, all these.
Speaker 6: Other guys, they wouldn't be doing what they're doing Instagram flashing and their cribs and have they better give up hop, they better give respect, they give their flowers themselves to hip Hoperstand when I hear they say, oh, they didn't do nothing for me, I did it myself.
Speaker 7: The fuck it.
Speaker 6: You didn't do nothing like who like they calling you hey, like you call me, do this for me?
Speaker 7: You know, they calling you know, do this this for me?
Speaker 6: Because at the end of the day, back in you know those days, the kings, the queens, how they wear their wealth.
Speaker 3: They wear their wealth jewelry.
Speaker 7: That's how they were their wealth.
Speaker 6: So if it wasn't for hip hop, I give my take my hat off for hip hop, because I wouldn't be where I am today.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't. I wouldn't because from the hip hop. You gotta understand, then it goes to the ballplayers. From the ball players, then it goes to then it goes to the corporate. Then he goes here, then it goes there, then it goes there, it goes on and on.
Speaker 7: But where the fuck it started from.
Speaker 6: You started from over there, So don't forget about over here over there. And that's one thing about Joe Crack, what he did, what he said to me ninety years ago, when I was twenty years old, when I got him, when I when he heard about me, and when I met him at Angie's video shoot.
Speaker 7: And I still have a picture.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'll send it to you after we get done here while I'm holding up the ts that I made for him. Young motherfucking Gabe, Skinny is pup pick and he's you know, Joe crack not like you know, he lost all away. He's just Joe now yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now it's uh. He told me one thing.
Speaker 6: We were at Jimmy's Uptown, yeah, on fifty seventh Street, and he's like, he's sitting down at the long you know, remember.
Speaker 3: That long term.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's sitting he was sitting down and he's sitting here. I'm sitting here and say less now yeah, and he's saying, he's telling me, yo, g let me tell you something. He's like, one thing I know about you. If I'm with you, I'm not with you. You're gonna make it.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 6: I was twenty year old, was a fucking retard, you know, unders saying I was just getting my feet. Well, I didn't understand what I was doing, but I don't know the graces of God, you know that helped.
Speaker 7: Me navigate through everything. It was fucking wolves in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doing what I was here at that time, at that time, right, I would have gotten eating up real quick, you know, But I had certain people around me that you know, just kept everybody at day yo.
Speaker 7: But the young boy heard him do his thing, and I was gunning me, and you know.
Speaker 1: Jacob okay wa ain't finished finish? Is Jacob the greatest Juli I wanted to do?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 1: He said, I said, I definite defindited that my jewlry the greatest hip hop jeweler.
Speaker 3: Yes, hip hop jeweler. Say your standing on it.
Speaker 6: If you just said right on it didn't listen to I cannot say just yes because you're taking the jewels, not doing that.
Speaker 7: He's doing his thing with the watchers.
Speaker 1: Saying, it's still technically making jury's making no, no, no, it's still making.
Speaker 3: Hat watch because let the jewelers say that.
Speaker 1: Please, what are you doing? Okay, how much jewelry do you have?
Speaker 6: Jewelry metals, metal, watches, precious metal, it's made with precious metal.
Speaker 1: But there's a movement, yes, yes, there's a name. Yes, so these are separate. But he's still doing jewelry on the second. Okay, cool, I love it.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: You know what I meant?
Speaker 6: Every time all my interviews back then, I usually say yeah, yeah, but now I'm all up a second, bro, okay, like, yes, he's doing this thing with his watchers. Not he's saying anything about that, you understand, Like, yeah, we all mimicked or tried to follow that lane, you know, because he was him right me right then it was a couple of other people are all the other and I was like fucking twenty million people trying to do it. He's he's done thirty years ago, right, so I can speak to it.
Speaker 7: Because I used to be literally of course the street from him.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, so jewelry wise back then, back then, yes, he was doing his thing one hundred.
Speaker 1: Percent, did he didn't he one hundred percent make the Jesus peace like that was him, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: The first person to make the Jesus piece.
Speaker 7: Yes, the first person to.
Speaker 3: That couldn't have been him.
Speaker 7: It was not him.
Speaker 1: It was big big It was big for him to make right, It was big. It was a big big who got him to make it. It was big biggers doing to put on with the Cuban. Yeah, but yes they could know.
Speaker 6: It's not like he like, there's the one who he didn't invent it invented it was big idea.
Speaker 3: It was correct.
Speaker 1: No, that was some hip hop ship.
Speaker 3: That I had hit New Ports, but I hit the first jury who put the diamonds in it.
Speaker 7: Okay, it was I would see it was.
Speaker 3: It was even gun boxing being a mustache. It was big.
Speaker 7: It's a big idea. Jacob just put it together. Okay. It's like architect. Okay, architect. You need an architect to build a house. You need constructions stuff like if.
Speaker 1: You start building other lego pieces. I built this ship, that's right, Okay. I like the staff. I like I said, I'm the architect. I'm the architect. But I tell my gods Google sent it.
Speaker 3: You know Jesus. I'm gonna argue now.
Speaker 6: Now my Jesus pieces, my Jesus pieces that I created back in twenty fourteen with Travis and Travis back then collab what he was going to do something with Jacob.
Speaker 7: He told me. I was like, no, we're going to do our own thing. I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't with the design that ship was crazy. I patented that motherfuck a different design of Jesus. You can p these designs.
Speaker 7: I patent my I patented my Jesus.
Speaker 6: Where some some of the you know, clown ass Jews just copied the ship.
Speaker 7: They got they got sued. They definitely got sued. Absolutely, So they have to, you know, cease and.
Speaker 6: Desist real quick because at the end of the day, that's what I've learned.
Speaker 7: I've learned that if I make something I have to be.
Speaker 3: For life.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 6: So I took the design of my crown. It's called the crown, It's called crown the King. That's the name of my Jesus design. So it's the halo is my whole concept, and a certain way the hair is growing on the on the Jesus.
Speaker 7: That's what made the patent and the trademark like.
Speaker 6: Feasible went through. It went through because of that reason. But now that was that was her uniqueness of it. I can't just take a Jesus head and say, okay, I want to do this.
Speaker 7: No, what is the unique part of it?
Speaker 6: I might was the crown that it was very unique. Now everybody trying to make a little bit small, a little bit bigger. Now, bro, it's not happening. Because I went from zero to one hundred.
Speaker 3: I got patent on all sizes from.
Speaker 7: That design, just letting it out.
Speaker 6: There for all the Jewish ranks. Don't you know, get yourself, you know in the lawsuits.
Speaker 1: This famous uh clip on the internet with Dame Dash walks into that.
Speaker 7: Was my family, my cousins.
Speaker 6: You see me, my cousin Ivy, my cousin Joe, my cousin Izzy.
Speaker 3: Here's an Ivy killer cam.
Speaker 7: You know, he wasn't really fucking with those guys over there.
Speaker 3: He's working with us, because all right, they're very good. Big Joe, you know, Big Joe.
Speaker 6: Big Joe was like bringing bringing him to us, you know at that point, you know, to our family at that time.
Speaker 7: And and he was like, yo, just make this ship for me.
Speaker 6: And my cousin Ivy was like, yo, you're sure, because I don't know if I could do this that ship.
Speaker 7: Is that guy over there? Say, now, bro, you do it? I want you should have done with you?
Speaker 1: Who does the original rocks Jacob?
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, let him do it. So then all right, so then we did it.
Speaker 6: You know, no, no, no, no, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know you work, so I haven't seen that man, know your work.
Speaker 7: The Dame comes up in there and just with his craziness and you know what it does.
Speaker 6: But I feel like, like you said earlier before, like you and Pharrell and you were at the hottest at your you know, you were, you were the guy. And I feel like, because you know, I'm very I'm in a different journeys in my life right now.
Speaker 7: I'm more spiritual, you know.
Speaker 6: I'm because I'm Jewish, you know, come wasn't more much more mature and more you know, into studying, you know, reading. So I'm like, it's you or where you are today is because of how you helped others, right, And I believe God, you know, same with Pecks.
Speaker 7: He bring me those earrings back look.
Speaker 6: Where he's at, Like God, favor for favor, fie for an eye.
Speaker 1: You do good, you get good, you do good, you get you your dirty motherfucker. You're gonna get dirty motherfucker to understand.
Speaker 6: So I honestly feel like like you said earlier with you and uh and the and the Neptunes.
Speaker 1: You know, but is that a sacred between Julus, Like let's talk about y'all side of it, just y'all making it was was y'a out of line for that because y'all know, like it's like, all right, cool, this was a line to Jacob. Let's suppose I supposed to us right, we made the drink chance piece right, And I suppose everybody in the cool got drink chance pieces and then it started to catch on another Jewela does a drink champ piece.
Speaker 3: Is that a violation in between Julius.
Speaker 7: Between you and your crew, that's your problem?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, I'm just saying, hold on you. I don't think you understand I'm saying. I'm saying that we all got the drink chance pieces right where we got them from you, and then another jeweler starts making it for for people that's.
Speaker 3: Not in our crew. Is that a violation amongst.
Speaker 6: Jelas he just starts making them for no reason from your crew, weren't there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the actual publican like put it like this. At first, Wu Tang was the logo was so small. I'm sure they had one Judlah that only made the Wu Tang, But then it got too big, like you know, and other Julius started making that's already.
Speaker 7: That's a that's a that's a flag. Yeah, that's a copyright and that's.
Speaker 6: And that's the jeweler just trying to get some credibility for what you know they're doing.
Speaker 7: But again, if.
Speaker 3: From jeweler to jeweler, is that a violation.
Speaker 6: If nobody came to the jeweler, if nobody came to the guy and said, you'll make this for me out of your crew, right.
Speaker 7: Then he's violation. He's in violation coming out of nowhere and gas.
Speaker 6: But if somebody came to him him from your crew, but from Jay's crew, from Dame's crew, and said, yo, make the ship o the jewelus, that's not all farm.
Speaker 7: That's your fucking problem.
Speaker 3: I don't know your crew.
Speaker 7: You're dealing with the ship.
Speaker 3: I'm a Julius. We tell Son the all the time. Stop doing that.
Speaker 6: That's what that's the misconception that everybody gets like we do the ship, like we don't do this just because we want to do it. Some jewelers are dirty and just just do the ship. That's foul, that's crazy. But we don't know what goes on in their head. Listen, it's free world. It's a free markets capitalism.
Speaker 7: Love it. Do your thing.
Speaker 1: Because my my first piece that I was gonna do before this this was I was very very close to the asking was a shot glass that I could take off the chaining.
Speaker 3: You know what I would have talked to that would have been exactly that was what I said. That would have been like when you go with the new.
Speaker 8: Port, but that old white lady in your buildings looked at you, she would have been of course he did my seconds out of the The second idea was trying.
Speaker 3: To get me drunk.
Speaker 7: Make it because you're trying to get me drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is make a clear grenade. Is a clear grenade drinking it. This is another idea.
Speaker 3: Was to make a clear grenade a clear guy.
Speaker 7: I have the videos of it, but in order to get.
Speaker 1: Green bud in it. And then I was like, did that's that's almost better? Yeah, it won't be different.
Speaker 4: Old fan of weed and people don't get the jewelry. But that had been the case that it came into. Hold on, I might have to cut this out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah you go.
Speaker 1: Snood Dog makes own jewel you've seen that taste like little Guys.
Speaker 6: Had a football player come into the office last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he comes to me.
Speaker 6: He's very known football player. We're not going to mention me. He said, Yo, gee, I've been looking for.
Speaker 7: You, bob By. Somebody told me what you were Tonio Brow.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just funing. I'm absolutely no.
Speaker 7: My boy, I've done a lot of things for him back in the days. Whatever.
Speaker 6: Bro, He's like, yo, I wanted to get a custom piece.
Speaker 7: Mate.
Speaker 6: I'm like looking at him and listen, I'm not these kind of jewelers.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, listen.
Speaker 6: We make good money on custom stuff certain times depending on you know this custom. Ain'tybody else wearing the ship but you. I'm I'm like, bro, why you want to do this? You're not young anymore. I'm hitting him with the truth because that's how I am.
Speaker 7: I just a good heart.
Speaker 3: I got to do that.
Speaker 7: Say bro, just stick with the watches and stop with this.
Speaker 6: You're not twenty two years old, twenty three years old, twenty four year old where you're gonna have four five contracts, three contracts, but you're good for one more maybe.
Speaker 3: Right, So stop there. You're a financial advisor as well, yes, because you just solved it.
Speaker 7: To him and I'm not gonna do that, right, I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 3: But you didn't give know of this speech though, oh you know money.
Speaker 1: Well, he knows I can't.
Speaker 3: Come. We're gonna do that. I talked them out of the grenade.
Speaker 4: I talked about two years old you want to, I wouldn't be talking out of this one.
Speaker 1: Atlas even if I had it iced out.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 6: My whole thing was like, yes, it's about getting money and yeah, but at the end of the.
Speaker 7: Day, you gotta have some sort of integrity.
Speaker 6: You have to have some sort of respect for yourself and for your clientele. That's how I survived. I believe this long. You know, first of us to do the God graces. You know, God is great number one first and foremost. Second, I believe that you have to be straight shooter. If there's something that they don't need it and there are a certain bracken age for what bro do this instead of doing that, because when you come back to me, when you come back to me, I can give you money for this, because.
Speaker 7: It's always money.
Speaker 3: Hold out value this.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna try you a dollar. I'm gonna give twenty five cents.
Speaker 3: Later, you're gonna look at me crazy.
Speaker 7: You're gonna look at me crazy.
Speaker 3: That's why now you actually, this is a question.
Speaker 5: Do you think that hip hop propped up the grey market? Then, by what you're saying.
Speaker 6: Right now, absolutely hip hop did hip hop. Listen, all the designers clothing starting from clothing.
Speaker 7: Shoes, all the way on jewelry. It's all hip hop.
Speaker 6: Hip Hop has went from being hip hop to now being front and center.
Speaker 7: Right right right.
Speaker 6: Look at all the fashion shows. Listen, I'm not a fashion here or whatever. Look at all the fucking fashion shows. Who you got over there? You got Look at the front.
Speaker 1: Row like that never used to be like that.
Speaker 6: You got fucking front right, front row, everybody in that you you got.
Speaker 3: How much of a big you got fucking Pharrell, you got fucking.
Speaker 4: But how much of a big The other was just for little Kim to be seen with in the ninety.
Speaker 3: A big deal, big deal.
Speaker 4: It was a big deal for for for for like us to be embraced.
Speaker 7: I love hip hop.
Speaker 6: Hit made me what I am today, made my family gave me what I have.
Speaker 7: Thank God. If it was a hip hop, we wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be God, I.
Speaker 6: Can't, I can't see if I'm wearing what I'm wearing now. With this, I will always you know, represent anywhere I go. Hip Hop made me period. Yeah, my mom and dad, god whatever, but hip hop financially understand put you know, put me on the platform.
Speaker 7: Was hip hop. I hustled my ass off and where I am today is but it was hip hop, you know.
Speaker 5: But going back to what you said about customization, when the guy wanted the football player wanted the piece, and you're dissuading from doing it because.
Speaker 3: You said, if I buy it back.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna be at the same ringle is the value only to the person buying it because of them is not really folding his values logo.
Speaker 6: This is my logo, like this is my little It's valuable to me. This holds I.
Speaker 5: Think people need to know that because they'll look at everything shining.
Speaker 6: But it holds value for me because this is my name. That's his name, his logo. You understand, like it holds value to you. But if God forbid, you fucked up, God forbid. Yeah, you can sell it, but it's not it's not going to hold it stop because when beholder.
Speaker 3: Like a painted and unless it becomes a classic piece off his.
Speaker 1: Jewel seen on you know, like like the same thing but also his whole collection. Right, Yeah, like Jay Balden did the same thing. When I sold Jay Balvin.
Speaker 3: His his would take the.
Speaker 7: Six million and five and six million dollars watch that. Richard mill.
Speaker 6: Watch this, this the the the the sapphire. It was one in the world piece, unique, one in the world piece. Understand honestly believe if he auctions that off you know.
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait said that again.
Speaker 1: The sapphire with washing, the blue one that looked.
Speaker 3: Like whole one old one. You sold him now I saw him.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, right after the whole little babe situation. Right right, Okay, I'm answering that.
Speaker 4: Okay, shut up, my man, No one time, Twizz Twizz the jeweler man, because he made my piece. I know we talked about Okay, but this shoul't mean the world to me.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, it's it's it means something.
Speaker 6: To you, yours, it's unique to you.
Speaker 7: If you want to sell it, you're gonna lose what.
Speaker 6: You're gonna You're gonna lose labor because that's what we paid for labor estime plus whatever gold value is.
Speaker 7: Just then there's there's a chart for that. There's a gold price for that.
Speaker 6: So it depends on what the jeweler makes profit with margin wise, that's what it comes down to.
Speaker 7: At the end of the day.
Speaker 6: I can tell you my favorite watch honestly is a protect I have a fifty nine eighty. I love that watch. I feel like it's it's the way they made it. It fits. Just it hugs your wrist. It's insane. It's just the way it hugs your wrist is literally bananas. Honestly, rose gold and a stainles steel. The way they just hug your wrist, the way they made it is unbelievable. Now they came out with that cube. I know this one has it the cue of the protect, the protect. Yeah, first one in America. First, we don't know, don't say, just say like I have it.
Speaker 7: You know, I was the.
Speaker 3: First one in America. Okay, it could be proven.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, but obviously it could be proved.
Speaker 1: This is my beion was his name, Marcus Warburg, my man, I'm sorry and whole yeah yeah, beat, yeah, yeah, it's over.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, not past the Tiffany stamp.
Speaker 3: Still don't matter. I have the first Cuba of this, Yes is.
Speaker 1: His the cub of this?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I was the first one in the Cuban.
Speaker 1: But my opinion, my.
Speaker 7: Opinion, and I believe this is a lot of Jews.
Speaker 6: After twenty six years of the Nautilus.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is that? Yeah, but but it looks like a fucking but the thing about it somethings. But the thing about it, you can't say that to watch collectors.
Speaker 3: We can't listen. Hold on, let me let me just tell you say my point.
Speaker 6: If you don't watch collector, that's so two of them recently. I'm like you sure, they're like, you know what because they don't even know themselves. What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're doing it because.
Speaker 3: Here you go.
Speaker 1: It's this this watch company that hasn't made nothing in twenty five years. They make something, hold on, they make something that next year.
Speaker 3: As a watch collector, you need to own that. No.
Speaker 6: Yes, did you think one of your songs with Pharrel that was fucking a smash hit and just tweaking a little No, you're.
Speaker 7: Not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: That's not what this is. That's what, sir, That's not what As a watch collector, you need to own that. See, you're a seller and you you you are too much involved emotionally.
Speaker 3: That is not That's not what this is, sir.
Speaker 1: This game has changed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, sixty thousand retail, seventy one, seventy one.
Speaker 7: Yeah it was when to drop undred undred?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, what do you think it is today?
Speaker 3: Try again?
Speaker 7: Try again? Where do you think it is today?
Speaker 3: I tell him I lose.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just say I'm not buying watches, not saying I'm just saying to collected watches, sell watches, you know.
Speaker 6: Right now in this market, and that goes for all of you, and and then and the and the audience. Just relax, take it easy, just because something comes out first, relax, let it settle in. Let it this game. No, no, I understand, that's not that's not what Let me finish unless it directly from the A D.
Speaker 1: Directly store to AD that's but if you come to me, let me just take collected and the drill is watch chasing.
Speaker 3: That's the thrill. That's the thrill.
Speaker 1: Like it's like it's like when you when you know no one else can get what you can get, no one else can't do. Just know, you know how many people have an FBB this. I want to say, I'm almost the first black person I know.
Speaker 3: To have people your home. I'm just playing it nice to say.
Speaker 1: It was nice to say, let me you're the first, the first.
Speaker 3: First, I gotta have watch watch Watch. Trust me.
Speaker 1: I told people about told people about Swiss, I told people about reggae though everyone laughed at me when I said that. When I say this, I told Peo about Daddy Yankee. When I tell people, listen, the next hot watch brand, it's gonna be FB. I'm just telling you it's already hot.
Speaker 3: It's world. It's just not hood hot. I got one of the one.
Speaker 7: That's the thing that.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get it, whether they depending on. It's really like who want to say it in the Rat like Drake saying in the Rat.
Speaker 1: Like he's the last independent watch makeup there is, and like word is he's a genius. He gets big all day and fuck with hookers world upend look allegedly allegedly, And it's just he makes these brilliant watches. You can't right now, there's no face, so you can't implicate it.
Speaker 7: You can't domic You don't have to write essay to get this watch.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I wrote, I wrote Mian right yo, I forgot I was dyslex wrote that ship runs though he said, if you don't.
Speaker 4: Give me this watch, I will put the boat out and.
Speaker 3: I should have said that, and then you still you still gotta wait nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta get him watched. We've been scoping out the right one. He don't know, Yeah he don't.
Speaker 3: He don't really he don't. Yeah, realistic, I hear.
Speaker 7: You, bro, But you gotta you know he lived once.
Speaker 3: Bro, last I had it. I'm gonna get him something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you gotta gotta go.
Speaker 3: You gotta put it through.
Speaker 7: You gotta get a watch.
Speaker 3: There's only one watch that I want. He knows to watch, only one, like yeah, Black Rollers, I don't even know Black That had one. That's why. That's the only reason why I know we make it.
Speaker 7: You know who had that?
Speaker 6: I did the one for a whole, the sky Dweller when the first drop, when it first drop, he called me, said, yo, bro, I need to I couldn't even get one.
Speaker 7: I couldn't even get one.
Speaker 6: I don't know how he got he got one, and then I got him the other one, and then the forty ones came out, got him to immediately. But then the Skyswoller, the white Gold or Staley Steel came out. I took that and I gave it to Bamford.
Speaker 7: You know Bamford. No, you know Banford.
Speaker 6: Bamford is a company in England. They customized, but they have a partner sort of. It's like a partnership with Orles, not really, you know, they know them. They let just do their thing with their watches. You know, they're the only ones to let them do their thing with their watches. So I took that and I just made one the whole all black, Matt Black with the rock with the rock Nation logo, the one one that sits in the back one of one rock Nation.
Speaker 7: It was sick. That's beautiful. Watch beautiful, have a picture. I'll show you.
Speaker 3: So we want to do quick time Okay, okay you guys send something over. Yes, yes, the rules I'm gonna go to. I watched this and I know exactly when you get the text to do quick time with live and I'm like.
Speaker 7: What's this?
Speaker 3: It has and leads? Okay, what is that?
Speaker 6: Man? Has?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 7: What are we doing there?
Speaker 3: For your shot? For your shot?
Speaker 7: What are we doing?
Speaker 5: You can have you can have some man you staying with the Broyeah.
Speaker 7: You know it's the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just said it. Go bro, come on. The small shots, small shots, but one.
Speaker 7: That just sounds fucking extreme. Thank you.
Speaker 3: All do little shots. I always wonder who said the text.
Speaker 1: You're taking me home? Mister Lee has it? You got mister Lee has and when you hear he's gonna give you Yeah, yeah, I got you. So we're gonna give you two choices. I mean, I don't know how we're gonna do with both, but we'll figure it out. We're gonna give you two choices.
Speaker 3: If you pick one, you pick a choice, You make a choice. Nobody drinks, not one person drinks, you don't drink. Nobody drinks. But if you say both are neither, which would be the.
Speaker 5: PC answer, right, you avoid answer we're all drinking a shot again?
Speaker 3: Is this or that? It's basically yeah, this is answer every question. But the thing is, we're not trying to this, know, but it's really to bring up stories about people. Know. I know. Any of Wilson questions in there records. Should thirty might be mister mister why is the sunny coming the prescription shop?
Speaker 6: Ye, that's that's what The one of the questions, how many motherfuckers opened money? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, that's not that's not yet. Okay. The first one is disrespect, but that doesn't even make sense. How does that even work?
Speaker 1: Right? Hey, I'm almost I'm gonna ask I'm gonna ask. I'm gonna ask you nas or snoop. As far as what it's whatever, it's a whatever criterion your mom got being ready Jamie, Uh nonsense.
Speaker 3: Do you have any stories of us?
Speaker 7: Of course a lot of I did a lot of his jewelry, great guy with him, iconic moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I did a piece for Swizzy, thank you. Definitely trying to get me drunk. I did a piece for Swizzy. It was a Bosk yacht.
Speaker 7: It was an actual Realcht painting.
Speaker 6: I want to say, Yes, I'll show you what we do is it's called it's called enamel, like our teeth, it's enamel work. Where this is an artist paid them. I'll shootload of money and like your face right there on your piece wasn't even actually done yet. I need to take it back from you and your mouth, the eyes and your hat says your name. We have to enamel it a certain color, like on the like on the TV, like on the movie. It's in white. So then Soiz he calls me, He's like, yo, I need to make a piece. I need to make he made one piece Andy Warhol, the frame. I designed the frame of the piece and then the Andy Warhol the cans and I mean, I'm an ali one. If you've seen the four pictures of I made that into golden diamonds, like with a diamond frame with diamonds around it. I'll show you pictures in here's shout out, shout out in front. She just text me, okay, hold on, look, I'm gonna show you.
Speaker 7: Look. I'll show you real quick. Sorry. I got like twenty five thousand pictures here. Look, um.
Speaker 6: Yeah, find it shit fast. So he made me, he said, yo, gee, make this for me. I'm like, yo, let me me right there.
Speaker 3: Yo, that's fucking crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Got a sentence shout a Swiss.
Speaker 6: See that right there. And that's twenty sixteen. I was actually before that.
Speaker 7: I just took a video of that. He gade me take this.
Speaker 6: And he actually, you see this exactly like the painting one to one. So I was this this video I was in I was in house in l A and I believe Swiss gave it to him somewhere in the studio or something like that, and it was this one and then it was Swiss gifted that Swiss gifts of that and you know.
Speaker 7: They brothers did they do that ship they give each other gifts.
Speaker 3: I love that, you know, I gotta get into that, So give me tell you. I used to remember the first Drink Sam episodes. He was like, man, we got gz coming into what questions?
Speaker 7: You said?
Speaker 3: You got equity question Drew.
Speaker 6: So that one of the stories was I made that for him, and then and then I you know went, I think I delivered him, uh his Jesus piece that I made for him, and then a couple of other things. Finals, and he's like one of my favorite rappers the world. I'm going in the funk. I grew up in Brooklyn, East, New York listening to him going on the train. Yeah, bro, ain't no fucking around here.
Speaker 3: I can't. That's what they need to clear up. Everybody thinks it's new. Yes, different, he's different out.
Speaker 7: I grew up in Start City. Everybody knows what's what's.
Speaker 3: Going on with that?
Speaker 7: So I grew up the B eighty two Bush all the way the FDR High.
Speaker 3: School in fang Okay, come on, connection. My first thought.
Speaker 7: My dad's first doll was in Flatbush in kan Avenue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm from Kate in the same fall.
Speaker 7: Right, Jamaican. They're like, right there. My first tittes I saw was in Flatbush and Kate.
Speaker 3: I was ten years old. The girl comes in down with Jamaican.
Speaker 6: Shirts, you know, the titties sticking out of you know, you know they're making, you know, and the shirts with the fucking holes in it.
Speaker 3: A couple of dudes. She comes into the store. She comes into the store.
Speaker 7: Over your son. I remember this. I'm like ten years old. Bro, I'm like, my dad was my shot.
Speaker 3: The ranks was hot.
Speaker 7: My dad was like me in the.
Speaker 3: Back of my head. All guys, we gotta do quick time. That was a long time. This goes for ghost face. Oh that's all shot Ray shot already.
Speaker 4: I feel like what you said, I'm gonna go ghost face though you said shot the Ray shot, No shot the Ray.
Speaker 3: You said shot Ray. I was Ray is my man. If I had to split him up.
Speaker 4: I just think ghosts gave us so many classics in hip hop, you know, like Cuban Link. First of all, it is just set off a whole chain of events, like we never seen the Purple tab A special.
Speaker 3: But you know when which ghost is a part of.
Speaker 4: But when we go from from that to Iron Man, to Supreme Clientele to Bulletproof Wilets to the pretty Tony albums more fish like. I think Ghost has one of the better discographies in hip hoping none like you know. I think Outcast has a hell of a run. I think Jay has a hell of a run. I think Kanye has a I think those Face has an incredible like four album running.
Speaker 3: So shout to go. Okay, hit boy or hit maker? You asked me, I was hit boy all day, boy him make h making this me one time? My brother him make it this one time. I know both of them. I deal with both of them. But that's why you hit man, you you big hit maker? No hit boy boy hit boy? Okay, Well, but I helped make a this him making this me forever?
Speaker 1: Really bullshit about No, I think I actually did.
Speaker 3: I actually did.
Speaker 4: And then if you with him when I was a double XL, when he did the Sexy Can I and and when he when he was first propping. But I, I, like, I'm a member, had what he said. You gotta ask him that. But he when I dropped my first album, when I got back to you that because you you brought it up. You got this is like the show this is. You're not dodging, no question. I know what it's like to be on the other side and ask somebody Dodd's questions. I can't tell you why he dissed me. I can tell you what he said to drop my first album he tried to dis He like tweeted at Joe Budden. He was like, yo, Joe, Like why why Rob? He gets to sit up there and talk about what's hot and what's not. But his music sounds like how it sounds so trying to say like I was like that shit came out of nowhere. But you know it's all good, like you got, Like I've criticized people before.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm measuring my critics.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 4: It's never hate, but you know I criticized people for it, so you gotta take it. But if I'm if I'm being honest, if I am being honest, that aside, just what the fuck hit Boy done is incredible.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I love what hit Boy's done, like.
Speaker 4: Like like god, Nas like Nas is always popping.
Speaker 3: Nas is a classic.
Speaker 4: But the album run that he went with NAS like that late in NAS's career, the way they sold out the guard and all of that, and then the fact that hit Boy raps as well, and people like I can relate to that, like people probably tell him, yo, stick to make a beach sho, just make bee sho.
Speaker 3: We just want you for his beat, and hit Boy can actually fucking rap.
Speaker 4: And then puts his father on with his father in side of jail, and that it's the fucking family thing. Like, I think what hip Boy is doing is incredible, So I share that that hip maker story just because it's like, yo, we're being truthful and honest. But I pick hit Boy because I just think what he's doing is incredible. But I funk with some hit making joints. Still, I ain't gonna lie like hit Maker guy got records, Okay, Primo Pete Rock, I got an answer, but I just want to take a shot, So.
Speaker 3: Table this.
Speaker 1: Yeah we got shot of po p Rock. Now you didn't pick That's why we took a shot. Yeah Okay.
Speaker 3: It feels like yeah, okay, yeah, you was explaining why you picked both was amazing out of Pete Rock.
Speaker 4: Though Pete Rock did hit me one day and say, yo, yo, man, we gotta I gotta get you some beasts man, we gotta do something.
Speaker 3: So Pete, that's dope. But you know what I'm saying. If I have got that be Pack, I would have the picture I get to be. I respect that to be Rock. I love Rock Bro.
Speaker 1: Okay broad Yeah, Jacob the Jeweler or Tito clearly you know they wrote.
Speaker 3: That over there and I already feel like you know already, Okay.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying that if it wasn't I'm just saying, if it wasn't for Jacob, it wouldn't be me or anybody else.
Speaker 7: If it wasn't for Tito, it.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be jac in all honesty.
Speaker 7: In all honesty, I believe you don't really put Jacob on.
Speaker 6: And if it wasn't, if titn't had more of a family dynamic, if he had more of a foundation grounded, you know, I had what we have back up in support and blah blah blah, I think he would have been out of here, right.
Speaker 7: I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It just like the underdog, you know what I mean, Like I'm always going for the underdog and anything if I if I'm a gambler, I'm going for the underdog because they wants who have more to proof, more to gain than somebody who's already you know there, that's all.
Speaker 7: So you who you pick?
Speaker 3: You know? Okay, can I can I answer that one?
Speaker 1: He answer that?
Speaker 3: Twizz the Jeweler.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, damn, you took a shot for no reason.
Speaker 7: No reasons.
Speaker 3: You're on drink chands. You got through you know what I mean? Dave Chappelle or Chris Rock, I got my mind what I.
Speaker 4: Wanted to take a shot. But this day Chapelle, his day Sapel for me. Okay, I think it's Chris.
Speaker 7: It's Chris for me.
Speaker 3: I just I just I just saw Chappelle live. He was torn with Killer Mike. Yeah, it's crazy and and so he's still got they both Chris Chris is amazing, but like.
Speaker 7: Christians went through so much ship.
Speaker 3: But the Chappelle Show. Also, when I think about the Chappelle Show.
Speaker 4: In that era, like that was the last time I think in TV really like a show that the next day that we talked about it, whether you was in the studio or whether you was in school, or.
Speaker 3: Whether you was at work at the water pool. He waited for episode was a drop.
Speaker 4: And then the next day it was like, Yo, you've seen Dave Chappelle last night. Yo, you've seen the Prince Ship. Yo, I'm Rick James bitch Like, it's just so much ship with Day like like, I remember that.
Speaker 1: But I gotta remember Chris Rock had a show on HBO too. I answered that, and that's kind of kind of maybe what sparked today.
Speaker 4: Christ was more of a talk show. Yeah that's true, that's true. I think that has kids, though this has wanders like, yeah, they just gets But really the ship that set it off for for all of us. I think at least our generation was a living color Wayne. But were saying, we trying to set with Dave, and I got a big Dave. Dave, Okay, you ain't missing look like you go.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that. So they disagree. Should we take a shot because they disagree?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, they they big?
Speaker 3: Okay, death Row or t D.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm TD, Top Dogs, my brother, I'm going t.
Speaker 4: D to the Top Dog Entertainment. You remember that they used to start all their shows like that to the Top Dog and top do. I look like, I mean, death Row is iconic. But man, I love living in the moment. I love that we get to have t d right now. But can we can we forget or with Dethro did. No, you can never forget the predecessor. You can never forget what Dethro did. But yeah, what man, I think what t d E is doing right now is so special.
Speaker 3: And you know what's incredible about CD and if we keep it real, Kendrick is technically not on TV anymore. He's still a CD fan, but he's not on CD R. Yeah yeah, yeah. When he did that mister Morale and the Big Step is was his last album on td G n X is not technically a CDE album. When Kendrick had fulfilled his td E contract, the talk on social media talking months hip hop fans was they were done, right if Kendrick is there is not there that they're done?
Speaker 7: What do you did with?
Speaker 3: Is just this seven million records?
Speaker 7: He doesn't the whole different level is just.
Speaker 3: This seven millions? I know?
Speaker 4: I called him yea, what is doing right now with is about to become killing? And then and then you still got school Boy Q. I think Blue Lips was on on for sure favorite albums of twenty twenty four. I think what abs sold is still doing is amazing. So they still they still could sell records and commercially impact and still keep critical acclaim.
Speaker 3: That's hard to do.
Speaker 4: It's hard to satisfy the critics and affect the charte at the same time.
Speaker 3: I just think this moment we're living in with CD, we got to.
Speaker 4: Appreciate because they counted Top Punch, shout the Moosa, They counted them dudes out. When Ken Drake said he I'm gonnna start PG lang and and looking them numbers on scassor Man, it's incredible, man.
Speaker 3: And it feels like they fixed or they figured out all the wrongs that happened with death bro.
Speaker 6: Well that's what he did with saying like talked on with Q boy school with QT shots.
Speaker 7: Ten years, took animals with him to get to to get to Kendrick to.
Speaker 3: Forget.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm just saying they went, I don't know, like that's me and me and having conversations.
Speaker 3: But but also think.
Speaker 4: About it, think about Jay Rock, right, and I was at Double Excel at the time when.
Speaker 3: We put Jay Rock on the cover. Ken was at that shoot. It was like, yeah, because Kendrick used to be Jay Rocks used to go on the ruin coming up right, and then Kendrick made it the next year. Like they created such a system.
Speaker 4: So really, when we think about it, like Jay Rock is really the what they call him the first dog out TD. So so Jay it was supposed to be Jay Rock in the beginning, but it ain't work out in the way that they Again.
Speaker 3: They knew to the game.
Speaker 4: They probably had to take their lumps a little bit. That's when they figured out how to win to be the president TD. Like I mean, I don't I don't know, I don't even cam Yeah, but I don't even know if Jay Rock wants.
Speaker 3: Vice president. But the beautiful part is so Kendrick is the one that takes off right and and Jay Rock.
Speaker 4: Jay Rock is more underground, right, doesn't have the commercial success that that that that Kendrick got. But Jay Rock still is a Grammy winning artist. Jay Rock won a Grammy, so they were a would have build that ship up. And we live in the world with Jay Rock, who didn't change who he was anybody.
Speaker 3: At all is a Grammy Award win.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you something, he is top Dog. Top Dog.
Speaker 6: One thing I love about top Dog, he's the same guy. I don't know him like that personally, but I had. I started me and my one of my guys, one of my boys, uh Jack from Cincinnati. We started a label, all right, it's called uh BC. It's called Big Big Coin, not Big the coin. So he had a few artists. This is active now, there's act active now. I gotta see what the change just to be in the sadude. But the point is we tried to just get in, like not me. I'm helping my boys. I'm not on the content. I'm not on the paperwork, none of that. I'm helping my boy, bro. And I'm going to everybody, everybody. I go to top Dog.
Speaker 7: I don't know, Bro. The guy is such a.
Speaker 3: Great dude, never changed.
Speaker 7: He's so humble. Bro, bring him to La.
Speaker 3: I want to Bro.
Speaker 1: They flew out to La. They had to sit down. He listened to every fucking song.
Speaker 6: He fucks with the young boy and because he's like yo, he's like a little Dirk situation going on. But the young boy just in and out of jail, just with the bullshit, you know, all this bullshit. But he's like, you know, when he gets his ship straight top talk, he's like, yo, gee, he's we want to work. We want to do this and we said that, and I told him, they don't need your money. They just need your wheel. Your the wheel that's already in motion. That's all they need. They don't need your money. Just help them.
Speaker 3: They figured it out.
Speaker 6: They figured it out. That's what I that's what I respect them on top, like amazing dude.
Speaker 3: And they keep it very independent.
Speaker 5: Mind They've got exactly all the deals that they've gone through, but they keep it very independent.
Speaker 6: I love he's out of all these CEOs, all these guys that I know, like I deal with, this guy is unbelievable.
Speaker 7: He's such like such a humble guy. And I never seen this before.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get through this real quick slow bust down versus no bust down.
Speaker 7: No bust down.
Speaker 6: It depends on the situation though, Okay, like what it depends if you, you know, if you just want to funk around and.
Speaker 1: How about you get the factory, Richard Milly bust down. I don't have a bust down watching you do?
Speaker 7: You have a bezzel on it.
Speaker 3: It's a that's no way.
Speaker 1: A real covideo buzz down ship. But it's a buzz now it's supposed to know what do I mean My ship is factory.
Speaker 7: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Came with the diamonds on the bezel of course from cher from us the factory.
Speaker 1: Don't get no, no, no, no no no you you you must be misunderstanding, didn't we.
Speaker 3: Listen? We say that bust down is when your whole ship is not really not really. You got different language than us. As long as I be honest.
Speaker 7: With you, some sort of stones on it.
Speaker 3: You have diamonds on your bezel. That doesn't call it. But I don't know. That's not because you called it. That always felt like if it was factory. That's just that is not gonna listen, I have an a P.
Speaker 7: Bus down.
Speaker 3: It's all the way, all the way. That is a bust down.
Speaker 1: I would have told you if you just got it on the bezel, that is not considered.
Speaker 7: I would have told you that a lot cheaper than when you pay.
Speaker 3: See he don't even But I'm not gonna lie to you. I like going to the A P people. You feeling like that, nigga? You know what I'm saying that with a P.
Speaker 1: You don't know. It's cool me and you. That's why you know I come to you like I'm you know what I'm saying, like, but you know, I got that relationship with a pad.
Speaker 7: He sends me to watch.
Speaker 3: He sends me your game.
Speaker 7: What do you think about this game?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 7: Now, don't get it, don't do this.
Speaker 3: He tells me.
Speaker 4: You still still never tell the deal of what you spend on your wrist watch.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm having fun in my world. My world.
Speaker 1: He's having direct from protect he has direct the direct from Richard No.
Speaker 3: No, Floyd would say, okay, hard.
Speaker 1: Direct a p then had director said, now I got that.
Speaker 7: Cheron is the hardest one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody got that. Only other you know, all the other other person in the world who got that watching bird?
Speaker 3: Who's sucker Brott? To keep me saying again.
Speaker 1: The medow motherfucker medaw mother.
Speaker 3: Let's puts down this next one. The source of double XL.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's definitely for you, double excel man.
Speaker 3: First of all, I worked at double XEL. We grew up on the source, so it's still you know I used to do. I started working when I was freelancing.
Speaker 9: Well, who'd you pick up DOUBLELF? Clearly I want to drink but double I'm good.
Speaker 4: Bring it up when when I was freelancing, when I started out as a journalists. I were freelance, so I could write for every magazine with four double for Double Xcel when I was just freelance. Once I got onto Double Xcel, they'd be like, Yo, you work for us, so you got to be exclusive to us. But I used to freelance for Complex, Vibe, Source, Double Xcel, Don Diva shouting Tiffany shout of Kevin Shiles.
Speaker 1: Probably you probably did a writ upon me, absolutely, absolutely, right, absolutely, But.
Speaker 4: I say all that to say is is after a while, you know it's dope because you get your name, your byline in the magazine.
Speaker 3: So I'm starting to make a name for myself right.
Speaker 4: But in the Source and there's the Mezino where there's the tail end of the day Maze and Benzene. However I'm writing, I'm writing up man, I'm stacking up bylines. And the check stopped coming from FROMXL know, from Source when the sauce yeah, so so so I'm still in the hole with the Source magazine.
Speaker 3: And then they sold it. Yeah, the sold me money. The saw sold me money. But so so I never got it was after a certain point, like they stopped paying me and I was like, damn, I had to stop writing for you. But you know, it's kind of that trade off because you're hungry to get your name out there, so it's like same thing, like my man and then but it's like yo, then you know you don't pay the invoice.
Speaker 4: So so.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't root for the sauce. I used to work for Double Xcel. I was part of the staff that really made cover hot. Yeah, man, shout to Vanessa, shout today Twine. So Double Xcel all day. Yeah, Mom Deeper, m P.
Speaker 3: We just went, yeah, that's for y'all us, yeah, m P. Yeah, Mob Deep, I don't even think of recipes.
Speaker 7: Pro honestly, that's my brother.
Speaker 3: I'm brooking for life. Man. But Mom, Mob Deep changed the fund.
Speaker 1: That those.
Speaker 7: Sending that sending that.
Speaker 1: Bus with fucking big CD player with the little big phones.
Speaker 7: Yeah that was it for me.
Speaker 4: That ship man everything to us when Mob Deep dropped, you know what I'm saying. But infamous like yeah, yeah, actually.
Speaker 6: Put my name in the song Prodigy really yeh. In his in his solo album it said Gabriel in the district get on my loop.
Speaker 7: I was like, that's the.
Speaker 1: The pe shout out to pay rest in peace, definitely q C.
Speaker 4: Or hold the hell hell g C m G. That's that's yo, gott my glasses. Oh man, that's a good question. Perfect, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: C MG. Man, I just think what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think what QC did was legendary with Migos and YACHTI and what they're doing with Baby now with Grilla right now. But man, I just like man, I ain't here from money bag Yo in a minute, but man, Man I went to Memphis about two years ago from one of Yo Gotti's birthday bash is when Gorilla first pop, she first had F NF And just to see that ship in the ground floor, just see the roof.
Speaker 7: Come off that that ship.
Speaker 3: I think CMG is killing it right now. I think the Memphis sound.
Speaker 4: I think Memphis is so important to hip hop and we don't give Memphis enough credit for the trends that Memphis is that. Yeah, I just I just want to give CMG the fly shot of yoga shot of QC too. Wherever I had to pick one, I'm picking CMG right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can't see.
Speaker 1: I got I got I got I got I got me And that's work for game or Joe Budden, what the fuck does this saying?
Speaker 4: I think Wallow is one of the most important voices that we have right now. I think, I think, I think man and this is I've never met Wallow, like I don't know him.
Speaker 3: We have zero relationship. I like what Wallow is doing man Like, like when when you see these clips of Wallow talking to like like little Dirt for for for real, like, it's different Dunk Doug is one. It's different when when I say it or when.
Speaker 1: We say it like in media, because he got twenty years behind the him right, yeah, he got.
Speaker 4: Like I'm from I'm from Flatbis Brooklyn, like don't like for real, but I ain't partake in those activities in the same way. So when the medium when we kind of say, it's still like I can relate, but I can't relate full lead to what you're going through. Willow is playing his experiences in this and like, yo, I've been through. I've absolutely been there, and I don't want to see you go there. I think Wallow's voice is so one pointant I got to pick millions.
Speaker 3: Wallow this morning. That's crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I haven't did anything with him, but he's very inspiring. Ye, he's very very inspiring because you've been through all that crazy ship.
Speaker 4: And then I like, I like Gilly the same way because you need somebody to play off. Not the same as million dollars worth the game, but but drink Champs isna orient efent, like like you need that balance. So then Wallow kind of gives us like Gilly keeps in insane. Yeah, and Gilly still it's not like Gilly is steering nobody's wrong way.
Speaker 3: But but it's that perfect balance. Man a shotow Man Breakfast club or he Brow in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh he broke.
Speaker 7: He's taking a shot. Now he's not taking a shot. He's gonna answer. I wanted.
Speaker 3: I want to take a shi he was shot just because I was.
Speaker 7: I was Breakfast.
Speaker 4: I was Brow in the morning too. Okay, I was on Brow in the morning too. I speak to Charlemagne every day. Charlamagne is one of my best friends. Yeah, me and Charlamage speak every day.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: But I grew up in New York City. Hot ninety seven was the first hip hop station that we ever had.
Speaker 1: Let's take, Let's just take.
Speaker 4: We're taking a shot, little little This ship ain't had ship in it this way.
Speaker 3: But to be clear, you were picking breakfast Club. No, I'm picking. I'm he didn't pick. I'm not like you. I want to see like yo, I think Charlemagne and where he's going.
Speaker 4: Mental health talk in the Yeah, like I think the growth of Charlamage. If you really think about what Charlomagne came from when he.
Speaker 3: Went through Underwindy Williams, like like he got busted, remember right, Yeah, when he out of Philly, he got fired, he got black ball. Like what he's built is amazing.
Speaker 4: And it's fucked up because like, Charlamage is one of my best friends for real, Me and e Bro are super cool.
Speaker 3: I funk with them both. I know they don't fuck with each other, but I respect them both. So I had to say the shot.
Speaker 7: Neutrals those two.
Speaker 1: But they're both important voice but they're both important still.
Speaker 4: But but I truly believe that man and I see where they disagree and whatever.
Speaker 3: Where do they disagree one? I just think it's rival stations too. I think it's being across the street from each other like it's hip hop.
Speaker 5: It's because I think the greater audience doesn't understand where where there's a revelry.
Speaker 4: I think it's just being from New York, Like New York had hot ninety seven was number one for so long. Yeah, and then and then here because I want to say, you know, even as you jumping a back, it was like they was going in. Yeah, they just as competitive, man. But and then I also think lines across I think personal things was said, like in the spirit of composition, certain things was said that maybe they can't forgive or maybe they'll never be cool, but I appreciate them both, man.
Speaker 3: So, uh, loyalty or respect, it's kind of a perfect segue into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, loyalty or respect, both of y'all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd rather have loyalty because if you have loyalty, then you respect is obviously there in some sort of aspect, but loyalty will definitely go further their respect because anybody can respect anybody.
Speaker 7: You can respect money, you can respect religion, you.
Speaker 6: Can respect whatever. But your loyalty lies with something, has to lie with something. My loyalty lies with what I believe in and what I'm doing, and you believe in what you're doing. And that's I believe loyalty is one thousand the way it is.
Speaker 3: Lais because I respect is great. But I also I know how to handle disrespect. We can meet disrespectful if you want to be disrespectful. We got disrespect. But but but loyalty is something special. Definitely, I'm gonna take a shot. I just want both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the best man if I always say both have the option, right, yeah, I feel like yeah, So what it is is.
Speaker 7: Uh, take a super I'm gonna do too.
Speaker 3: Nor. I gotta go, you go, yeah, just go. We should take you shouldn't take a shot. He took two shots. We're gonna take.
Speaker 7: You gotta watch special man.
Speaker 3: I believe how many he is?
Speaker 7: This too much?
Speaker 3: I got seventy million?
Speaker 1: You need to pause that, bron.
Speaker 7: Wat I think I think anything over forty two milimeters?
Speaker 3: We okay, that's all right, all right?
Speaker 7: I forgot.
Speaker 3: Was it? But my ship?
Speaker 4: Is we losing right now? Like the culture is losing? What do you mean the coach is losing because the coach has been and listen, listen. The Internet has given us a lot. Going digital has given Internet culture has given.
Speaker 3: Us a lot. Is giving us a new way to hustle, a new way to make money. You make them the motor culture that is its own culture.
Speaker 4: Is different from hip hop culture. So there's a lot of fans out here. Again, like you might be a Drake fan, but if Drake didn't exist, what you fuck with hip hop? Which you fucked with this culture? This ship is not based off of who tops the billboards. That shit is nice. We celebrated because we love to see each other win. But who's at the top of the billboards consistently don't fucking like it does a matter for hip hop.
Speaker 3: It don't dictate to us who the best. It don't dictate to whatever you move. You did tate how this fucking charts move. You know what I'm saying, because look, and if I'm being real, I'm from an era where because if you want.
Speaker 4: To talk about charts, mc Hamm had it all and we didn't hammer dirty dirty when he was hot, Himmer took bullets. Everything that rappers are getting now that they get prosphagan him and had a fucking Super Bowl commercial that that hip hop clown him for him had all the success that hip hop clowned them for. We need to actually appreciate MC him more because all the ship rappers aspire to right now is the ship happened with going back then.
Speaker 3: I'll do you another one. Another example of how fucked up this culture is MF.
Speaker 1: Doone.
Speaker 3: How much we revere him now, not in life, but now.
Speaker 4: Based off from when he was alive and Big al the same shit like like I argue with people all time.
Speaker 3: I know people who Big l is, they favorite them. See he's one of my favorite them sees.
Speaker 4: But remember we from that era where I remember when Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous came out and I bought it.
Speaker 3: Motherfuckers. Wasn't fucking with Ellen to he died? No, No, I was like like for early early you for sure. MF. Dooing Man.
Speaker 4: One one of the greatest moments I had, Man, I was driving my son sixteen years old. I was driving and called my son. I said, man, just play whatever you want, like you know what I'm saying. So he's playing the Aufs. They said, Yo, Dad, you ever you ever heard of this rapper? And he started playing mad Villain. He stopped playing.
Speaker 3: MF.
Speaker 6: Dooing.
Speaker 4: I ain't put him on into this ship. He just discovered the ship on his own, like rest in peace to MF.
Speaker 3: Doom.
Speaker 4: I was at New yorakan post Cafe. When he did his first show, he used to be zev love X and then he changed to MF Dooing.
Speaker 3: You're talking about him with the third Base recently before he had the metal mask. He did his first show at the New Yorekans Post Cafe. Shout out to Oz and Elie from Night Train.
Speaker 4: They put that show on. He shout shout at my manc search. He had a stocking cap on. So so my son is like fronting like he's trying to put me on the MF. Doom and I'm sitting here, I'm like, bro I was at his first fucking show. Yeah, hell yeah, but but but it was dope to me that my son could just discover it on its own.
Speaker 3: So I mean, this hip hop shit, this sh is really colchre.
Speaker 4: This sh is away of life, like, this is really how we live, like like my kids could could attest man like I don't take It's not like mister Rogers.
Speaker 3: It's not like we come home and take our hip hop off. A lot of motherfuckers that benefit from us, a lot of motherfuckers that profit off of us, A lot of motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: That have ownership in this ship from the labels or whatever. They go home and take their fucking hip hop off like mister Rogers, right, they take the sims off, they take whatever, because that's not really them.
Speaker 3: When we go home, we go it's how we are. It's twenty four seven.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: I could FaceTime EFM at two o'clock in the morning and he's the same guy that he.
Speaker 3: Is, Like it ain't it ain't a home life and a.
Speaker 1: Hip hop answer, Yeah, I don't like FaceTime.
Speaker 5: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN.
Speaker 3: Listen to Drink Champs on.
Speaker 5: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Norrie go on ig at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at, dj e fn on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com.