Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All Right, guys, let's get to some of the individual gainers if I may, and let's go to applied Materials. Definitely in a now performer in today's session, you can see that stock finishing the day with a gain of about eight percent here, So a top gainer in the Nazek one hundred and s and P five hundred hitting a record in today's session after delivering a surprisingly upbeat sales forecast and really signaling that demand for artificial intelligence and memory semiconductors is fueling equipment purchases. I do also want to mention that they just resolved to a high profile regulatory issue announcing plans to settle and to pay two hundred and fifty two point five million to settle a US Commerce Toartment investigation into improper exports to China, So getting rid of some maybe legal overhang. That stock, by the way, up almost forty percent here in twenty twenty six you mentioned Coinbase.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's definitely on my list.
Speaker 3: I believe it's the number one gainer in the S and P five hundred today. Stock up about sixteen percent here at the close for the Friday trade on triple average trading volume, and that's despite posting week results. As we know, this is a stock that often trades in tandem with Bitcoin, which rallied for the first time in five trading sessions.
Speaker 4: Coin Base disclosing the fourth quitter.
Speaker 3: Revenue fell a greater than expected twenty percent to one point eight billion, and the company posted a net loss of six hundred and sixty seven million. It has been under though a lot of pressure since hitting a high. I think it was back in October, so down a lot, so maybe a lot of that bad news priced in.
Speaker 4: And then let's roll on over to Rivian Automotive.
Speaker 3: This one up about just shy of twenty seven percent in today's session, boring biggest jump I think since around twenty twenty four. Company reported better than expected fourth quarter results and its first ever annual gross profit, a key milestone after years of consistent losses. Company remaining on track to launch it's our two mid size suv which it hopes will appeal to a broader swap of car buyers for you to go well, expected to go on sale on the second quarter. It's funny, we have to probably soon ish look for a car.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we'll check it out.
Speaker 5: Maybe not not ready for an EV yet.
Speaker 1: I'm holding out for a cyber truck to say, okay, love the look.
Speaker 4: Are you really?
Speaker 1: I would never get an EV, but if it was available in gas form, perhaps.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's uh and not an EV.
Speaker 5: I want to go to some stocks in the red today in Vidia shares falling by two point two percent. It's actually down about two percent this year. Interestingly enough, big tech companies, even though they're spending plans for AI infrastructure, have gone up this year. In Vidia shares have been largely stagnant for months. There's growing concern that the ultimate revenue from AI will not keep up with the capex that's been announced, which could lead to a pause in spending, and Videa's valuation is compressed as revenue growth is expected to slow. Investors are waiting for the company's upcoming earnings report for guidance on demand for chips. It's the only member of the bag seven that hasn't reported for this time period, so we'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 4: Excuse me here.
Speaker 5: You know, when I talk about prediction markets, I get a little choked up, and that takes us to DraftKings shares took a pretty big hit today, down thirteen and a half percent. Forecasts for the year for sales and profit fell short of Wall Street estimates. The company actually said that they're not seeing a discernible impact from predictions on revenue, and they view prediction markets as a massive opportunity. But it's hard for me to understand that if it just increases competition, you know, if you can use Robinhood or some other platform for actually, you know, betting on sports, and it doesn't have the same regulatory overhangs that these sports gambling specific apps Havetheless, shares did fall by thirteen and a half percent today, and finally, taking a look at social media company Pinterest, shares took a tumble close to seventeen percent. The company projected current quarter sales that fell short of Wall Street estimates. Interestingly enough, the company's business has been affected by the Trump administration's trade policies. It warned back in November the tariffs for the home furnishings category could affect revenue because these companies are spending more to absorb tariffs and not actually spending that money on marketing, and that's where pinterest comes in. Shares today fell by close to seventeen percent.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick look at yields here. Of course, we've got CPI this morning at eight thirty, and on the headline number, it came in a little bit below expectations. On the screws. When it comes to the core figure, you can see how that translated into the bond market. Two year yields down about five basis points at the lowest level in years, and then ten year yields also dropping about five basis points. We are once again on four percent watch. Actually a big move lower in ten year ye olds overall this week, we're talking about fifteen basis points or so. In some ways, it kind of feels like it came out of nowhere, but here we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit of a different trade, no doubt about that. Speaking of a different trade, we've kind of seen the AI scare trade making its way through the market, weaving its way, if you will, kind of a sign of the times. Goldman Traders has launched an AI proof software basket amid what we've been seeing as different sectors have come under pressure in the trade concerned about tim the AI impact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the basket includes companies such as cloud Flare, CrowdStrike, Holdings, Microsoft on the longside and Monday Monday dot Com Salesforce, du A Lingo on the short side, so you know, kind of going both ways with the AI trade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, the logic here when it comes at least to the long basket, is that these are names that require either physical execution, maybe they have regulatory entrenchment or human accountability. It's going to be interesting to see how it fares. I mean, I pla Goldman for launching this, because now at least we can track it.
Speaker 5: Maybe we should just all invest in plumbers and dentists because those seem pretty AI proof.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, dentists, the robots could operate on your man.
Speaker 4: I guess they could. Or maybe we should invest in Golden Doodles.
Speaker 6: Oh, Golden we should. I think that we everyone should. If you were to play Bloomberg terminal Bingo, I would say ex boyfriend Golden Doodle in auction check everything that's not related to Warren Buffett or bitcoin.
Speaker 4: Just my two cents.
Speaker 6: We're talking about Tucker the Golden Doodle, the ex boyfriend. I don't know if you guys remember Delaware court ruling. Though there was a private auction. Couple broke up ahead of Valentine's Day, sorry, and they were auctioning off Tucker the Golden Doodle kittie. The thing that I thought was interesting is the losing party gets the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like more of a sale than it is in auction. But I guess you know, they were bidding back and forth, and it turns out the ex boyfriend just loved the dog more.
Speaker 6: See back in my day, though, you would put the dog in the middle of the living room, stand on opposite sides wherever Tuck rant who keeps the dog, and the other person goes and finds another pet.
Speaker 5: The only fair way.
Speaker 4: How about sharing the dog?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know you see you hear stories about that, like people who weren't married have sharing custody of their pets. I would just steal it.
Speaker 4: I just hope uh Tucker's happy. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, that is a rap. Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Friday, the thirteen.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.