Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure filling in for the great DP Day two of the Dan Patrick hat trick.
Speaker 3: We'll be here.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow and in for Colin on The Herd on Friday again, Covino and Rich. Wherever you stream your podcast, we do a Patreon too. Right after the show, we do a Patreon. We do lots of stuff you hear us on three six M. But always a pleasure to be here for Dan Patrick Live in Merceities, Been Studios, Rapid Radios.
Speaker 3: What do you laughing about?
Speaker 4: I'm Connor McGregor and I'll tell you why a second.
Speaker 3: A Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wrapping Radio is the official walkie talkie of the Dan Patrick Show. Is the push to Talk, offering national LTE coverage no subscription ever. Business owners can keep in touched up to two hundred staff at one time. Go to Rapid Radios dot com now for sixty percent off and free shipping. And as our buddy Shay from Fox Sports said yesterday, came in handy dandy over his weekend on the mountain communicating with friends. It's great for kids, great for old people. Thanks again to Rapid Radios dot Com. I'm laughing because I'm reading more details.
Speaker 3: Do we all know?
Speaker 4: Has everyone seen the Connor McGregor headlines?
Speaker 3: Oh the girl band?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is not about lawsuits and legalities. Connor McGregor has a girl band called Sweet Love, Sweet Sweet Love, Sweet Love, and he wants to make music with Neo. He called out Neo. Yeah, and I'm just thinking to myself, Connor McGregor out of the octagon for a minute now. He thinks he's Simon Cowell putting together girl bands. But then again, you'll listen. People have second careers, so listen. Connor McGregor has got money to invest, he has, I'm sure plenty of connections and people he knows in all types of industries.
Speaker 3: But that's I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, just surprising to me that Connor McGregor is now a music producer for a girl band.
Speaker 2: Oh he's also appealing an assault verdict in Ireland, so maybe that takes the heat off of that a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean they are attractive women he put together.
Speaker 3: You know what he did.
Speaker 2: He did the and then again, I lived with a boy band and let me preface Mike, just stop stop there stop there managed a boy band and they were signed by Adam Factory. They had a you know, a million dollar deal. At the time, these teenage kids were living at my house in Los Angeles. You know who am I to be associated with a boy band. I didn't have the funds and connections that Connor McGregor has. It just sounds funny because is Connor McGregor. It's like, what does this guy know about the music industry? Well, I know, maybe a lot.
Speaker 4: I think it sounds funny that a boy band lived in your guest bedroom for a year of your life.
Speaker 3: Hey, let me tell you.
Speaker 2: One of my greatest musical recommendations in the past year plus was from Dana White. Dana White was on THEO von Schow talking about a musical act that he loved, a bandnamed Des Rocks. This guy named des Rocks. I never go to Dana White for music advice, but he was so passionate about it. I looked the kid up. I've loved him ever since. So he was right about that. Maybe these UFC dudes know little something about what gets you fired up.
Speaker 4: But Connor McGregor has done the obvious. I guess you would say, uh, equation when you put together like a group he's got the blonde girl, he's got the black girl, he's got the brown hair girl. He did the let me pick one of every ethnicity, and it's like the Spice Girls, or like, you know, like a boy band. Are you like Pussy Car pussy Cat Dolls? You need you know, one of everyone. It's like a college brochure cover. Everyone's covered. Can you sing?
Speaker 3: Can you dance? Or they're good looking?
Speaker 4: So for all we know, we'll look back and be like, Yo, remember when Rich mocked Connor McGregor's girl girl group Sweet Love. For all you know, That'sgregor's the next big music mogul. Imagine all of a sudden, like your daughter's like, Dad, please get me Sweet Love tickets. He's gonna be a judge on The X Factor. So that that was just the headline I saw this morning. That made me laugh because they finally started showing more photos and that he's he's taking this seriously. You know what made me laugh?
Speaker 2: Can I throw something at you real quick before we talk NFL and give away prizes. We're giving away prizes this hour, by the way, so write the number down eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Always playing games here on the Cavino and Rich show. So busy week for us, right, like I said, filling in for Dan Patrick and Colin. Right after the show tomorrow we get on a plane, which I'm not too thrilled about based on all the news. I just hope we land. You don't want to be upside down.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be upside down on a runway in Toronto, my goodness, on a perfect landing like Cobra Kai in their season finale. I every time I see some type of incident with air travel and everyone's okay, I'm like, all right, can we feel like we got it a lot of our system now, Like.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you knew this, if I'm allergic to turbulence. So yeah, I'm just looking for a nice flight. So right after Dan Patrick we fly to Philly. We're doing this event with Dallas Goddard, tight end of the Super Bowl champion Eagles.
Speaker 4: It's the whole story. We'll tell you about it when the time is right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know what or what we could say, but let's just say it's a fun event. Rich and I are hosting it and it's with Dallas Goddard in Philadelphia, boom. Can't wait to see all these photos next to the six foot five beasted.
Speaker 3: On you ruin the photo? Yeah, now I'm ruining the photo like Lebron James.
Speaker 2: Who's that guy they drafted tattoo from Fantasy Allen onto the Eagles. Why is Dallas Goddard hanging out with Giermo from The Kimmel Show.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's Cavino, that guy Cavino ruin the photo.
Speaker 2: Well, here's why I say that, because we have to wear Eagles gears.
Speaker 4: I could pass for a punter by.
Speaker 2: The way, right right, No, They're gonna look at you and say, why is Robbie Rotten on the team? Eli Manning's on the Eagles?
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 2: So as part of this event, we have to wear all this Eagles gear. I don't have its Eagles gear, but we have to wear some type of jumps. We have to wear some sort of warm up outfit, warmupsuit. Right, And for whatever reason, they also said we have to wear white sneakers. I'm like, what am I Kurt Russell? I gotta wear my white cleats. I have white sneak. I don't wear white sneakers, by the way, I just.
Speaker 4: Don't By the way, the reason I said no Eagles gear is no Jerry Seinfeld, not because I was like I.
Speaker 3: Won't wear Eagles gear. Whatever.
Speaker 4: If you're getting paid and it's for an event and a client or whatever. I'm just saying, you know how a lot of times when they do sponsored events with an athlete, they wear like generic uniform yeah. Yeah, and they don't want branded stuff in it, right, Like how many times have we done even an interview on camera and they rip the labels off the water bottles because they don't even want to like the paper label on the water bottle, right, So that giving away free advertising.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: So not to give away too much about this event because we don't know what we could say.
Speaker 3: It's like the Goblets on Love Is Blind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Goblets. I love his blond for two reasons, Danny. One, because they want to be able to edit. They want the way they want so they don't want the level the continuity of the level of alcohol changing. And because they don't want to get props to any alcohol company. So we're doing this event, so I'm guessing it's a lot of you know, generic branding because they're not going to be away free advertising and part of the wardrobe. And this makes sense with the no branding is white like cross trainers or running shoes, white sneakers. I'm like, what am I David Letterman, I don't have I don't have white sneakers.
Speaker 3: I believe me.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of sneakers. I love sneakers. I just don't have all white, all white.
Speaker 4: But again, for branding purposes, you can't have a huge monstrous swoosh, or you can't have an under armor X or anything.
Speaker 2: You know, well, you get it, everybody gets it. But my point is they want all white racist all right, that's not the issue here.
Speaker 3: Ready.
Speaker 2: So Rich and I are like, well, hey, Rich, if you see a pair, just buy me one.
Speaker 3: Whatever you know, I'll wear them to the gym.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I just don't like the look of gleaming white shoes on my feet. And Rich goes, yeah, I found these. I'll buy him right, And I look at them. They're the weakest jeepers that you've ever seen. You wouldn't even find these at pay least shoe store. These are the weakest. They don't even sell these at Walmart. They were Amazon Timu brand generic white shoes. Right, I'm like, you're gonna buy those?
Speaker 3: What is wrong with you? Told me?
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, forget this. I found a generic pair of Adidas. Right, They're just Adidas. They have three They're totally white Adidas. But they're decent enough where when I'm done with this event, I could still wear them to the gym and feel like a respectful human. You know, Rich bought a pair that you bought at the bargain bind at Target, and they're the weakest looking thing. So my question to you, Danny J. You're a sneaker guy, Fox Sports Radioation. We need to dive into this. We're gonna move on, But if you had to do this, would you buy generic brand shoes or just like a cheap pair of Adidas or Nike or Puma or anything else. He bought no name brand Jeepers, Bobos.
Speaker 5: No, you could have done like the men's white leather encore low top sneakers.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, just buy you like a normal pair.
Speaker 6: Why did you buy these weak ass like Velcrow not vel By the way, You're you're making it seem like you're making it seem like they're the version of sneakers you get that out, you know, you know, like the black sneakers that like waiters wear, they like those gen like Rebok lock.
Speaker 2: You want no no name brand, what's the name brand? They're no name brand, so I'm not exaggerating.
Speaker 4: They're horror. My point is this, you would never wear these around your house.
Speaker 3: They're Krogers dance. Yes.
Speaker 2: My point is you wouldn't be seen anywhere wearing these things.
Speaker 4: And Rich bought them for this event, like, no, thanks, buy my own. They're strickland the private selection, Rich ended up painting about forty bucks with shipping tanks.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I spent sixty four dollars on a week pair of Adidas, but they're all white. So you make the call who made the better move here? Rich saved twenty bucks, got the weakest pair of sneakers I've ever seen. I spent twenty dollars more. I got an actual respectable pair of Adidas. The end, I mean, it's you got to see how bad it is. It's not a hard hitting conversation. But my side of things, Danny, is that this is a client. They were very specific about listen, we can't have any branding. So I found.
Speaker 4: The weakest pair he could possibly see a generic pair of white sneakers. Cavino's like, let me find a white pair of sneakers that the Adidas logo. You can't seek it's there.
Speaker 2: It's so all white, wasteful because after this event, you're gonna throw those away.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna wear all white Adidas. I know you. I'll wear those to the gym at least. Yeah, I'll wear it.
Speaker 2: If you wear those in public, I will not be seen with you because they're the weakest. Shit with some kid that wore crops to the gym. You wearing these generic shirits. You can't wait for Philly photos of this event.
Speaker 4: Rich, but like the weakest I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that this guy would actually wear these outside of an event.
Speaker 3: You know too if embarrassment.
Speaker 5: If Lebron was there at this Fox Sports event, he would totally try to show you guys up by wearing crocs.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, Yeah, don't take photos with Rich because Rich will ruin the photos wearing these things. Anyway, side story, it's a you make the call.
Speaker 3: What would you have done?
Speaker 2: I can't believe it, and I'm not saying that everybody has to have the greatest sneakers in the world. Rich makes a pretty decent buck. Okay, he's in He's gonna spend thirty dollars on sneakers.
Speaker 3: What a cheapskate.
Speaker 4: And then he says he's gonna wear those after this It embarrassment. I'm gonna I'm gonna have some pride hold on Danny j I'm gonna send you these sneakers right now, and you'd be the judge. I'll post them at covid on rich on our Instagram story and you make the You make the call, would you wear these for one work event?
Speaker 2: We'll put mine up there too, then mine. I got the generic Adidas. They're just the three white stripes.
Speaker 4: Now, the more I look at them, these are week but oh man, but they're horrible.
Speaker 3: He buy me though? Why would you buy uh?
Speaker 5: I took an lax flight this past weekend to see my mom in San Jose. She was wearing white shoes like this, and some of my siblings were busting her chops, telling her she looked like a nurse.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 4: I love like looking at my mom's shoes and like, what are those?
Speaker 7: Mom?
Speaker 3: What are they even have? The lip that comes out on the back heel. Those are the weakest.
Speaker 4: So I spent twenty dollars. I was like, you know what a splurge on twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: These look like kangaroos. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Now, by the way, Amazon was quick to be like, hey, they'll be there in a couple hours.
Speaker 3: I guess no one wants them. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Even have the weak mesh, dude, and they're like they got all little like a hole punches in them, like see like look at the pattern.
Speaker 3: I saw the pattern.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, thanks, So I spent twenty dollars more for respect pair that I can actually wear in the future. You know what, in a few minutes, I'll post choice A and B at COVID don't Rich and at Fox Sports Radio. This is a play along and home situation. Let us know what you think, and we'll keep you posting on that event.
Speaker 4: But it'll be it'll be cool to hang with Dallas Goddard and I guess when we're able to talk about what it is, we'll tell you. But if there's physical activity involved, by the way, which I think there is, where can you know, and I might have to do some physicality, it'll be great to whoop your ass in something wearing those That's an embarrassment for you. If I beat you in some type of physical contest and are wearing those.
Speaker 2: Are you really a winner if you're wearing those things. That's what you have to ask yourself. I think you would be devastating. I'd rather be a loser wearing right normal sneakers than than a winner wearing those monstrosities.
Speaker 4: By the way, you know what I want to go. First of all, we just got a great text from our boss, Scott. Yeah, he's laughing about these sneakers. Yeah, which is wear like ballet sneaks. I don't know what they also, he's a fencer or something. He bought like weird like sneakers. I don't know what they are.
Speaker 3: They're the worst. He bought like aqua.
Speaker 2: Socks walking a tight rope.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna buy I'm gonna buy his shoes with individual toes on them. You ever seen I'm like no. I had to say no, I'm like, I'll buy my own. Thanks dude, you were talking about giving the wrong person the camera for the photo. Yeah, our bus Scott said, before he ran Fox Sports and before you know Dan worked under his platform. When he was a kid. He said his dad was always so terrible with technology. He and his brother ran into Dan Patrick like ESPN back in the day. No way, his dad snapped the picture, misframed the whole thing and missed Dan Patrick's head. Damn Patrick's head is cut off in the photo. Twenty something years later, now you know, Scott runs Fox Sports Radio and he found the photo and showed it to Dan.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the best. That's so fair.
Speaker 4: You can't give the camera to your dad or something. But by the way, you know what, let's go to our dude, Marvin, one of the Dan Adds, who, by the way, we had such a fun time the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: The Super Bowl, and it was great to see him this year just for you know, for a moment. But let's welcome Marvin.
Speaker 3: How are you, Bud?
Speaker 7: What's going on? Guys?
Speaker 3: What's man?
Speaker 7: Things are good? Man? Just a little vaca.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, you should be sleeping in dude.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, I got a kid and a dog.
Speaker 3: I'm up.
Speaker 4: Yeah kid the dog. Yeah, you ain't sleeping. So you have a story about the picture or or my sweet new sneakers.
Speaker 7: Oh, look, I'm gonna plead the fifth on your sneaker thing, but the pictures. So when I was when I was young in this business, I was working at Gillett and Deon Sanders was working for the NFL network, and I was like, oh, man, can I get a Can I get a pick? And one of my coworkers was like, yeah, got a pick and he did. It was blurry, It was awful, all of it. And I'm sitting there looking at him like, man, this might be the only opportunity that I might have to take a picture with prime time, not knowing that life would turn out how we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So you know, things have worked out where I've taken a couple more with him, but I was just so angry. I was like, man, you are useless.
Speaker 3: I did the same thing one time.
Speaker 2: I feel so bad our buddy Spot who you know, when he's not in a fetal position with the black lung, when he's here not sick, you know, he's producing our show and doing videos and stuff like that, and he never asks for photos with celebrities ever. We had Nicholas Cage on our show one time, and it was the first time.
Speaker 4: Honestly that Spot asked for a photo. He's like, hey, guys, you know, I hate to ask, but could I get a picture with Nicholas Cage?
Speaker 2: Was full on, like the most famous face I'd ever seen. He was in on Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 3: He's like where w.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the spot was like, can you get a picture? And he gave the camera to me. I took the blurrious photo, but hold on and I ruined it and he was so upset by it because he wanted his mom to see it and everything. And I but now there's technology where you could take your primetime photo. I know you got an updated one, Marvin, but you could, you know, put it in the nap and now.
Speaker 5: I fix it. But it gives you creepy eyes though.
Speaker 2: It will fix it, though, man, because I've taken that Nicholas Cage photo and it's crystal clear now like it never happened.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there are ways to fix those terrible moments, Marvin, Marvin, how long you been with uh?
Speaker 3: With dan Patrick? Now?
Speaker 7: All right, So I've been with the show as a whole for about six years, but I've been a Danette for about three years.
Speaker 4: Nice, so you've you've been together for a minute so you guys, you know the dan Ads and dan you guys have had your squabbles and your fights over the years. I'm sure a little, you know, butting of the head, it's correct.
Speaker 7: I'm sure, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So Cavino and I have only gotten a few real fights, and one of them had to do with a picture. And this, this is I think one of Cavino's most embarrassing moments.
Speaker 2: Coming from the guy that where it's generic white sneakers that looked like they were the last in the bargain bin.
Speaker 3: At gualmar So.
Speaker 4: We're living in New York at the time, but Cavino's going back and forth because you know, his his ex wife lived in La So, Cavino's back and forth La New York, La New York. So, as a joke, when Cavino wasn't in the New York studio, we had a cardboard cutout of Cavino made so Cavino. There's a cardboard cutout of Cavino, And as a joke, we'd put the cardboard cutout in pictures with celebrities and guests on the show. One time we had David Hasselhoff on the show and we take a quick picture, and Cavino loses his mind that I didn't pull his cardboard cutout.
Speaker 2: I lost because you know, I felt bad that I wasn't there and I just wanted to be represented, and rich lied.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. Richl was like, I didn't have time to go and get it.
Speaker 2: And then when you see the actual photo, it's right there in the photo in the background. So he told the undermined, like me as the co host of the show, imagine the cutout.
Speaker 4: Imagine being mad that someone didn't take your cardboard cutout into a photo, as if it's you.
Speaker 3: I was mad about that. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, since we do have you, Marvin, I do want your opinion on Lebron James ruining the team photo or not.
Speaker 4: Again, is it the biggest deal? Absolutely not. But what are your thoughts on him wearing street clothes in the All Star Game photo?
Speaker 7: So, you know what, I think people would just have this thing because Lebron's so polarizing. Whatever he does, they act like the first time it's ever been done. Yeah, but you look back in the history of All Star photos. Look, Kobe's in a photo with street clothes when he didn't play, and Dwayne Wade. Is it a photo with street clothes. I think people were more upset about the timing that he said he wasn't going to play more than him being a street close.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just all those things added up together and all the criticism about the game and everything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, right, And it's Lebron right.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, He's so polarizing no matter what are he ruined the All Star Game. I'm sorry. In two thousand and eight, him and Ray Allen went off the comebacks for the East against the West. I was like, he's always played hard. It's these other guys. It's the jokers, it's Anthony Edwards. Those guys lollygag, can throw up box alley you the entire All Star Game. And now people were like, oh, what happened you know to the game?
Speaker 8: I loved?
Speaker 7: Man. These guys make so much money and they lolly gag. Yeah, and they do all this stuff. And I get it from a standpoint of, you know, people say, oh what happened to the Oh you know what, when people say the All Star Game doesn't count, No one's ever got upset about the outcome of the All Star Game. They just want some type of effort. The All Star Games. The All Star Game is supposed to be the world's best pickup games. That's exactly what it's supposed to be. When I was a kid, might be, you know, showing my age. But when Isaiah and Michael Jordan won on the same team.
Speaker 3: Let's go no doubt that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's when it was. That's when you felt that competition. By the way, Marvin, thank you to you and all the dan Auts, and tell Dan we appreciate you letting us.
Speaker 7: Man oh man, No, not a problem, guys record.
Speaker 4: Big fan of what you guys do. Thank you, Marvin, one of the Danets.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: From the Dan Patrick show. Love those guys. So we got more Kavino and Rich coming up. We'll talk a little. Uh, we'll talk a little NFL. There's one storyline that people are yapping about. I think it's a non story, but there's a Trevor Lawrence story that I will put to rest.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna play a game, a new game.
Speaker 2: Danny g put together a new game and it could fail miserably. We don't know, but that's the fun of it, right. Don't try to set up it's a brand new game called Quote Me. We're gonna give you some quotes. You got to figure out who said it. Your chance to win some prizes. Next to see in our Swiggy Steamless Steel Water Bottle eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox we Got more Covino and Rich in for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 4: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 4: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 3: Check us out.
Speaker 2: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 4: As they say, I'd say the most inner show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 2: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: From five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific. And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media, that's Covino and Rich, CNR cringing on Madness, C and R bringing them Madness in for the great Dan Patrick on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We're live in Mercedes Benz Studios. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At Mako, we bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision repairs.
Speaker 3: Get a free.
Speaker 2: Estimate today Uto put it at Mako. So I'm Steve Covino at Steve Covino on social media. If you want to see my punishable face, you could say it's punishable. I still wear respectable sneakers. And Rich Davis, the guy who wears generic Bobos the jeepers at Rich Davis. We're both at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio, the most interactive show on radio. In for the Great Dan Pat Now the numbers eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Before we talk some NFL, Rich has a theory on where players play and wine. We'll get to that, but again, eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. I hand it over to Danny g Our, super producer, because we have a brand new game.
Speaker 3: G what's up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're calling this quote me and we'll have some fun in this game.
Speaker 3: You need to tell me who in the sports sports world said it.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's meet the contestant, Steve Covino right over there.
Speaker 6: Yeah he sucks.
Speaker 3: I wear normal sneakers like a normal human. Richard L. Davis to his right? What's up? In for in for spotty boy? Mike? Who runs this place? What is up everybody? I got a bit a good look at Richard's shoes?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ever checked these out? Mike Wes. Mike has sneers.
Speaker 4: He has like some throwback case.
Speaker 3: Swell, oh yeah, my old school case. I love because you got style, you got pride.
Speaker 5: All right, Mike, try to stay in this game for longer than two minutes as you did, Yester and looking to win a see in our stainless steel. Swiggy, these are sweet Bobby and Springfield Mass is our contestant, Bobby Bye.
Speaker 3: Hey, Bobby, don't make me look bad, Bobby. Bobby, what do you do for a living there in Springfield?
Speaker 7: I'm a civil servant?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, nice?
Speaker 5: All right, here are the rules for quote me. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champ. If there's a tie, I have two overtime quotes ready to go. Your name is your buzzer, but you do have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next quote, and I'll do a sample round right here, since the first time we're playing, all right, you can buzz in with your name after you hear the three possible answers. Mike, here's to the not yet putty. Here's the quote in Lebron's case. I guess pettiness and insecurity aren't limited to just people who aren't super successful in the field. Quote me, Mike, No, me ak, but you have to wait.
Speaker 3: Till they all red say you're terrible to this question.
Speaker 5: I'm a glad we're doing a sample round for Mike A Jonas Knox, B Kendrick Perkins or C. Doug Gott Mike Mike Doug. Yes, so Mike would have won that round? Have you not been rude?
Speaker 3: Right? This didn't count anyway, So what's from? All right?
Speaker 5: Here we go round one on the bell. Let's let's get a bell here for the ringside. Round one, and here's the quote. Okay, you're either gonna draft me or you're not. If you don't draft me, that's your fault. You've got to remember you're the same team that's got to play me for the rest of my career. And I'll remember that quote me A cam Ward B. Schaudor Sanders or C. Dylan Gabriel, mikeby.
Speaker 8: Noby, Bobby, Yes, Wow, I was thinking Josh Rosen, but you didn't give us the option, so I was wrong.
Speaker 4: Every said that back of the something similar.
Speaker 3: I think Steve Smith.
Speaker 5: Wow, Bobby, Bobby's halfway to a swiggy. All right, Here we go round two, give me that bell. Round two coming up here? All right, and here's the quote, Jean Carlos Stanton having an injured elbow. Check that both elbows injured is shawshank redemption? Like remember when Red yawned and stretched quote me, who me a Rob Parker, B Jason Smith or C Ben Maller Cove.
Speaker 2: I feel like Rob Parker would throw that line out there, and you know, bring up Red Morgan Freeman from The Great Showshank Reduction.
Speaker 3: Bobby already said his name. Damn, oh, Bobby's trying to sweep here, Bobby.
Speaker 5: Yes, are you serious?
Speaker 3: We had two sweeps two days in a row. What happens? Will you stick me on?
Speaker 8: Dame?
Speaker 5: I know you. Ben Alix said that for fun. Let's go to round three here.
Speaker 3: Alright?
Speaker 5: But congra boy, yeah, Bobby, you already get a swiggy. All right, here's here's the next quote. You guys are so spoiled. Man, guys averaging close to thirty and you want him to get on the line ten more times? Come on, he's averaging thirty. Steph Curry, you see him more than I do. You know he gets frickin' fouled. Did that quote come from A Kenny Smith? B Shack or Ce Charles Barkley, Rich Rich Kenny, Yes, Smith. We would have had a game like that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, oh man. That was great. I like it. That was a great debut.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's some uh, there's some good quotes every week, not just from athletes, but obviously from talking heads on sports radio and TV.
Speaker 3: Especially Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bobby, congratulations, you're the first winner of the very very first quote Me game here on Cavino and Richvilege.
Speaker 3: Thank you, man.
Speaker 2: And if anyone else wants to qualify for the C and R swiggy our stainless steel water bottle, all you have to do is follow, rate and review our podcast on Apple Podcasts, say something nice and if Danny g emails you, you win a prize. So we're always trying to brid listeners to at least give us a shot. Thank you, hey, and thank you to Big Mike, who runs this place. Big Mike, Thank you Mike.
Speaker 4: You're a great contestant, but you're oh for two of.
Speaker 3: The past few days, I only said my name once Big Mic. Yeah, he's undefeated for sample rounds. Now.
Speaker 4: The thing is, I thought Big Mike, who runs this place, would be better at this because you were a game show champion. For people that don't know Mike, who is the you know runs Fox Sports Radio here was on Supermarket Sweep back in the day. He was it was a legendary episode. Did you know to go for the meats? Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And it's funny too because they actually they're not real meat, but they I wake them, so they're all heavy, like everything is heavy as it's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: You mean to tell me on Supermarket Sweep it wasn't real meat.
Speaker 3: It was not real meat. Really I didn't know, true, I really didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait, are you gonna tell me that it wasn't a real waffle and pancake on Doubledare you me?
Speaker 3: Wow, it's not real? Snot with your hand up to thought it was real. I feel like my whole life has been a lie.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: Well, if you ever want to see that episode, look up Supermarket Sweep, the episode with the bear.
Speaker 4: That's Big Mike who runs this place. Thank you, Mike knowses Mike noses fake meat. All right, we got more convene and rich. Now here's what I want to get to next. I know it's like a hot talking point, but sometimes sometimes when there's no juice to the squeeze, there's no meat to the story, and people still talk about it. It's sort of an aggravating thing in the world of sports. And entertainment. I get it because people love to speculate. But the story that everyone seems to be clinging on to this morning because not everyone could have fun conversations about pictures in Cobra Kay like we do. A lot of people talk about Trevor Lawrence saying he doesn't want the Steelers is all you know, that's just bs. It's like that stuff you use in the shower hogwash. So I got to ask the bigger question, the bigger question forget Trevor Lawrence and this particular example. If you're on a losing team and you feel like you have all the potential in the world, keep in mind Trevor Lawrence has had what I'm pretty sure three head coaches, three coordinators at least like this guy's. You know, for years, Cavino and I had new bosses and we were on new channels on serious XM. It's hard, it's hard to build momentum.
Speaker 3: It really is. You nailed it. It really is.
Speaker 4: Like we were on Maximum Radio. They were on a sports channel. They were on a different channel.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what happens to You get handshake deals and then they end up leaving and nothing ever comes to fruition, Like, for all, you know, one of his coaches or coordinators like, you know what, Drevor, we're gonna get that receiver or are you on it?
Speaker 3: You'll see and then that guy's fired And that never happens.
Speaker 2: It's always like a setback because you're always starting over.
Speaker 4: So I gotta ask, if you are full of potential and you know that where you are you're not gonna end up winning, don't you think all those players should be open to a trade. Like, if you're Trevor Lawrence, do you really think you're gonna build a winner in Jacksonville? Du All you really think that's the answer.
Speaker 2: Well, I think when you're a great player, you always think you could be the difference maker.
Speaker 4: But you don't think adjustments. But you don't think change of scenery is so important. How many times do you look at one of your ex girlfriends on Instagram or Facebook and you see how, oh, look at her, she's so happy, she's married with multiple children. But you know she would never have made me that happy, and I would never have made her that happy. She's great, just a wrong fit. Can we say by now that Trevor Lawrence was he was supposed to be that generational guy. You know how very few times someone's drafted and it's like, well, this is a no fail. Wasn't Trevor Lawrence?
Speaker 3: Danny g backed me up.
Speaker 4: We weren't doing the show yet, but Trevor Lawrence. The narrative was, this is a no fail. Yeah, for sure, best looking quarterback to come out of college, not looks wise, but like skill wise unless you like his hair.
Speaker 3: A lot of hype.
Speaker 4: But for it to not be working out in Jacksonville, isn't it Like, shouldn't the story now be forget the whole Tomlin and Steelers talk, shouldn't it be Trevor Lawrence anywhere else? Is just probably a great idea.
Speaker 5: Not right now, because the Jags hired a new OC and from everything we've seen and heard, the entire with this organization is fired up to work with him, especially Trevor.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, to counterpoint what you just said, the same thing applies with relationships. Can't you just say that the grass isn't always greener Sometimes you just need to water that grass that you're on. You're like, everyone's quick to jump scenes, like you know what, this relationship's tired. We've overextended every possibility to make this work. I think I'll try another woman. I think I'll try another relationship. And you're just trading problems for problems sometimes. So maybe you just need to, I don't know, fix where you're at and make that work. But we're so quick to jump. I mean, look at Sho hal Tani. The grasp isn't always greener.
Speaker 3: Show hail Tani.
Speaker 4: I know it wasn't long lived, but he gave it a shot in Anaheim, down in the OC, he gave it a shot.
Speaker 3: But guess what you mean the La Angels of Fullerton.
Speaker 4: The La Angels of Anaheim, of you know, Los Angeles or whatever they call themselves. He gave it a shot. He realized, Listen, I know I have the skills to pay the bills, just not gonna work here. Mike Trout hasn't followed that, and Mike Trout will wither away forever in Anaheim. So you got to ask yourself, Trevor Lawrence, if given a good team, like look at Matthew Stafford. Matthew Stafford exceptional example though Matthew Stafford, Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Going to the Steelers is an automatic victory, you know. Show hail Tony going to the Dodgers, it was safe to say, like, man, these dudes are gonna contend and he's probably gonna be a difference maker there.
Speaker 4: You know, you you knew where they were going to be. They were World Series bound. Matthew Stafford, that might be a lateral move for him. Listen, I know that you could say, well, Detroit got better and look they built, but all those years that Matthew Stafford is sort of just you know, put his head down, worked hard, put up yards and just lost in Detroit. Goes to the Rams and wins a Super Bowl and right away and it's like, look at that change of scenery. He's a Super Bowl champion.
Speaker 2: Saquon Barkley times those moves comes criticism too, was Kevin Durant criticism, Oh, he had to go to Golden State to win one.
Speaker 3: Well, sa Quon.
Speaker 4: Barkley was wasting away, not Margeritaville in East Rutherveland, New Jersey. He was wasting away on a god awful franchise that didn't appreciate him. He went to the Philadelphia Eagles, should have broke the all time rushing record and wins a Super Bowl. So when you're talking about Trevor Lawrence. Forget the speculation in those silly rumors about Pittsburgh. I'm saying in general, should a guy like Trevor Lawrence be like, listen, it's time. Miles Garrett is doing this right. Miles Garrett wants to win. So do you blame the player? We'll take your feedback next Cavino Rich in for Dan Patrick right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the show, Covino and Rich live from the Mercedes Benz Studios. Again, It's Covino and Rich, CoV I n ol Steve Covino from Union, New Jersey. Rich Davis puts the square in Franklin Square, Long Island. We live out here in Los Angeles, the mean streets of LA and I hope you're having a great week so far.
Speaker 4: Always a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 2: We'll be here again tomorrow to complete the Dan Patrick Hatrick and again on Friday in for Colin on The Herd. But please check us out on our regular show. Covino and Rich, the world famous CNR sweep in the nation run from five? Is it five to seven on the east desk? Yeah, five to seven on the East, two to four on the West, Monday through Friday.
Speaker 3: You just said world famous and you don't know the time?
Speaker 2: I know, man, good, Like my dad, I can never figure it out, can I? My dad's I was like, what time is it?
Speaker 4: Dan? Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: I'm like, always three hours earlier that it doesn't change ever, and I've been here fifteen years now, I'm I'm.
Speaker 4: Getting roasted on social media about my sneakers. Yeah, because they're the week. Oh, I want to explain something.
Speaker 2: You can see the photos of the sneakers that we both we both had to buy white sneakers. I bought a normal pair of Rich bought the cheapest, weakest pair that ever were and you could see them at Covino and Rich and make the call.
Speaker 4: Glad it be known that for this event with Dallas Goddard, we're going to Philadelphia for a day. Apparently this physical activity involved. I'm excited to you know, with it, to tell you guys about it when we're all done with it.
Speaker 3: But you can throw their footballs to him.
Speaker 4: Perhaps Danny g the required it the required gear, because you know you can't have branded stuff, right, They said, plain white sneakers. I showed them a pair of like Nike cross trainers. The swoosh was too much. It's branded. So they're like, we need you guys to wear the most plain white, essentially generic sneakers. So I said, one time use all right, I'll buy these, like thirty dollars generic white running sneakers.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw the tag. If you look real close, they're called the basic Riches. I'll pass on those. Thanks, I got Adidas. You don't found Adidas that look very They don't look very branded. So he's getting away with it. Yeah, of course I want it. I actually had bought a pair of Air Maxes. I'm a Nike guy primarily, but I'm like, nah, because I'm gonna want to wear them. If I'm gonna buy sneakers, I'll wear them to the gym. If you wear these other horrific, horrid shoes in public. Ever after this event, I don't know if I could be friends with, but I want to let.
Speaker 4: It be known. I'm not an Adidas guy. So the ones you got, while they are way nicer than the generic ones I got. I would never wear those on a regular and I don't think you would either.
Speaker 2: I wear you to the gym, I'll wear them on a hike. What are you gonna do wear yours? What in the water at the ocean? What else could he do with those things? You're gonna throw them away?
Speaker 3: That's waste.
Speaker 2: Well, then you just wasted forty bucks. And by the way, Rich lied on our ig story. He said, I paid sixty five mine, we're sixty his worth thirty five?
Speaker 3: I think no.
Speaker 4: You just showed me the receipt from your girlfriend. Sixty five dollars. Oh, we included taxi bozo. How much were yours? What was the price tag?
Speaker 3: Total?
Speaker 2: Yeah, price turn total price twenty eight dollars. Okay, mine, we're sixty You rode sixty five. They got twenty pt for dollars. My point is you're never gonna wear them again.
Speaker 3: That's the point.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well you make the call. Well, we're going to Philly tomorrow. Hopefully our plane doesn't go upside down on the runway. They're showing the footage here from Toronto. I know it's like, I mean, can we can we get this air travel on to control everyone.
Speaker 5: Well, first, we're in for the DP Show again tomorrow, so yeah, hopefully this debate has ended by then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt so.
Speaker 4: But you know what the debate that, uh, maybe we'll continue tomorrow or you could, you know, talk to your buddies at work about not just Trevor Lawrence, because the rumor was maybe Trevor Lawrence needs a new start somewhere.
Speaker 3: Then it's like, well that's the whole point.
Speaker 4: They got new coaching in Jacksonville, do ball because they feel like they're finally gonna get an offensive mind that could work whichever Lawrence. But my point was, when you're wasting away your prime years of talent, it's like a girl in her twenties dating the wrong guy. She's wasting her primo dating years. I've had girls accuse me of that. You wasted my twenties. You don't want to waste your prime years.
Speaker 3: Show Hayo.
Speaker 4: Tani's a great example of someone that said I'm done wasting my prime I'm going to the Dodgers. He immediately won. Matthew Stafford got traded to the Rams. Best thing that ever happened. He won a Super Bowl. You see, guy like Mike Trout, who's holding on. He'll never win in Anaheim. So you got to ask yourself, when does the point come where you say, you know what, I just want to win and you're seeing Miles Garrett do it now right, Miles Garrett wants.
Speaker 3: Out your boy. Max Crosby.
Speaker 4: Danny g said, if if we don't get a winner soon, he's getting Nancy.
Speaker 3: He's getting Nancy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been Nancy. But I mean the new GM and Tom Brady said they're not let him go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it changes scenery works. I mean, there's there's truth to that for sure. But I know you used to have great examples. But sometimes, like I said, the grass isn't always greener. You make the call here. I think it's it's kind of cool for it's for nowadays, where a young player wants to stay where he came up.
Speaker 4: It's rare nowadays. I just got to learn the sneakers have arrived at my house. Oh perfect. I will see you guys tomorrow and for DP until.
Speaker 3: Then, a red be there.
Speaker 4: You may see you in the Promised Land, like goodbye, guys,