Speaker 1: This is media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arthan. Today we're joined by Randall, Corey Korane, Tresa, Colin, Anthony and Marge. This is a ten round quiz show with questions for meat Eaters for verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing and for the stat of the week this week, we're looking at the average Meat Eater Turtle scores of the crew compared to all other players. Meat Eater Turtle is a new game you can play on our website right now. It's like wordle but better. Players get six tries to solve a five letter word from the outdoors, with new games dropping every Monday. For our very first Turtle, I asked the crew to play and send me their score. On average, it took them four minutes and nineteen second to solve with three point five tries. For our listeners, it took them an average of three minutes and seventeen seconds to solve with three point two tries. So pat yourself on the back listeners. You are better at meat Eater Turtle than Steve and Randal and Giannis and Mark.
Speaker 2: Well that's an average of all of us, right.
Speaker 1: An average. I'll tell you who brought the average up and down? Okay, God, Randall and Corey? Were you two? Were the best? You did about two minutes flat? Almost now, Mark Kenyon he's gonna be here later this week. I'm sorry to tattle on Mark, but he was over eight minutes.
Speaker 2: Ok. Wow, did you get a phone call?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, he should have. Phil. Phil was in the four minutes. But he did his during a podcast one day. I know that because I then like got the Slack message from him of his score about one hour into a regular meat Eater podcast.
Speaker 3: Well, I also got it in three tries.
Speaker 1: Want to throw it? Okay?
Speaker 4: Second? Three seconds?
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's all all sorts of scores available for Meat Eater Turtle. Head over to the medeater dot com slash games if you want to see if you're smarter than the crew too. All right, here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to trivia at the medeater dot com with the subject line I f a you. Leland Hart says, can can you win listener question of the week? Twice? Yes? You can, Leland. It has happened twice. Actually, where I've picked the same person for the listener question of the week. Leland is determined. He writes in weekly with questions, I bet it's gonna happen for you someday, Leland. Keep it up, all right? Instead of housekeeping today, let's talk about how this episode is going to be different. Because there's no Brodie or Stever or Giannis or cal to be Randall's foyle. We are going to make him compete against everyone else in the room. That's right, it's Randall versus six jabbronis out.
Speaker 2: How are we doing this?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Please explain.
Speaker 1: Here's what we'll do. After I read a question, we'll give Randall a moment to come up with his answer. Then he'll put his whiteboard down and his answer will be locked in. After that, our jibbroni's will have a chance to discuss the question, and then their captain will write down their answer. So before we get started, our other six players need to elect captain JIBBRONI, who's it going to be? We've got Corey Marrin, Colin, Anthony, Tresa, and Marge. I think four people have already pointed at March and March.
Speaker 5: It's your hat, it's the jumpsuit.
Speaker 1: March. Can you be the captain Jibe BROWNI okay to talk into the mic to be the captain Jib BROWNI, Marge, it is Randall. How do you feel about this?
Speaker 6: I thought we were going to do the thing where you give everybody else multiple choice, so I'll feel better about that.
Speaker 1: Trying a new one.
Speaker 2: But it's basically yeah, I guess we'll see.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure six six JABEBRONI brains is Randall's super competing.
Speaker 2: I'll point out I got here.
Speaker 6: I usually like to get here a little early and just make my space. I was the last one here and I'm still a little, you know, unsettled by the nineteenth Street traffic.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he got he got a second tier chair.
Speaker 5: Sobody took your spot in his usual spot.
Speaker 2: But I brought my lucky comb with me today, and your.
Speaker 5: Lucky board is this.
Speaker 1: Bronis? How do you feel about your chances of collectively coming up with enough right answers to beat random.
Speaker 2: We'll beat him.
Speaker 1: You can do it, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll I'll duck down and you guys just push him over.
Speaker 2: Are these just normal questions?
Speaker 1: It's just a normal roundup trivia, all right. And if you're playing along at home, you should go ahead and gang up on Randall with whoever you're listening to. We want him to lose today. Now, the Shelby index for today's game is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. With that, we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything? How's it just tend to win everything?
Speaker 4: Game on?
Speaker 1: It's a reminder of how this will work. Randall will write down his answer first. Once he's good, he will set his whiteboard face down, and then you other six will talk out loud into the microphones about what you think the correct answer is before Marge writes down the Jabbroni answer. Question one. The topic is conservation will be multiple choice. Randall, you're in a no lose situation.
Speaker 6: I just thought, yeah, if.
Speaker 1: You lose, you're like, well, of course you were going against six other people. But if you win.
Speaker 5: That would be wow, what a feather in your case.
Speaker 6: I got a couple new requests for trivia donations over the weekends.
Speaker 2: It's kind of not to.
Speaker 6: Count my chickens before they hatch, but I was looking forward to making a donation today.
Speaker 1: Question one. The topic is consernation, and this will be multiple choice. Which of these Booning Crocket World records came from Canada? Is it big horn sheep, non typical, whitetail pronghorn or Canada moose? Which of these booning Crocket World records came from Canada? Your four choices, big horn sheep, non typical, whitetail pronghorn or Canada moose.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, geez.
Speaker 1: Everyone looking at Randall see he's done. Are any of our jabbronis confident? No? Okay, good idea. I got it narrow down to two, Randall, do you have your answer locked in?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, set that white board down. He is not going to change his answer, Jabroni's go ahead and discuss what you think it could be.
Speaker 5: Well, big horn sheep is either Montana or North Dakota.
Speaker 7: The only place you can get him is southern Alberta. That would be a big horn right in Canada.
Speaker 5: Perhaps pronghorn would be New Mexico.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I think it's got to be non typical.
Speaker 4: White that's where my eyes.
Speaker 5: But Canada moose four choices giving it away?
Speaker 1: Which of these boone and crocket world records came from Canada? Bighorn sheep? What's a Canada typical white tail horn? It's got to be the Canada moves a sketchewan.
Speaker 7: Canadian moose would only be Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine. That you could get him down here.
Speaker 5: Interesting and Crockett.
Speaker 1: The chim in sure, maybe it's earnest he's trying to sabotae.
Speaker 6: No, I mean because it also extends out like moose killed in Region six of Montana, Canada, moose North Dakota, pretty much anywhere east of Highway one one.
Speaker 2: Just throw that out there.
Speaker 7: You're saying, you're saying Legion six and Montana's not a shyrus. Yes, I'm gonna check that after this.
Speaker 1: Which of these world records came big or cheap, non typical white tail prong horned Canada moose marg Do you have an answer you want to get any final feedback?
Speaker 4: White tail? I think another question how do you spell to BRONI.
Speaker 1: J A b r O n I.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there we go.
Speaker 1: Ok Marg have your answer. Randal, go ahead and reveal your answer. We have the Jabroni saying non typical white tail, and we have random what's your say? Randall? Randall saying non typical whitetail. The correct answer is Canada moose.
Speaker 6: Old mister, I don't do trick questions.
Speaker 1: The world record big horn sheep is from Montana, the world record prong horn is from New Mexico, and the world record non typical whitetail is from Missouri. The world record Canada moose was killed by a Pennsylvania man in British Columbia in nineteen eighty. It was a guided hunt and the first moose the man had ever seen in his entire life. Question two that question, the topic is cooking zero. This next great question is via Patrick John Riley. The spruce eats defines this nine letter word as a fruit preserve. That's quote made by boiling citrus, water and sugar together, including the peel. And Randall already has his answer locked in. So Jae Brownies, go ahead and discuss what you think it could be. Letter word. That's a fruit preserve, defined as it's made by boiling citrus, water and sugar together, including the peel. Grin. You can talk out loud, though Randall's got his answer locked in. Oh sorry, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I think anything else?
Speaker 7: There's like lemon curd, But count the number.
Speaker 5: Of jelly between jelly and jam. Anybody know, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: We'll save that this Spruce Eats defines this nine letter word as a fruit preserve that's made by boiling citrus, water and sugar together, including the peel.
Speaker 4: That's what I was gonna. That's what I had.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have your answer, then March go ahead and reveal your answers. Both of them say marmalade, and they both got it right.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is marmalade. Marmalade typically has a firmer texture than other fruit preserves, jellies or jams. This is because the citrus rind contains a ton of pectin which thickens and stabilizes foods. Apri voke he likes to serve marmalade with her grilled fish liver skewers, a recipe you can get on the meat Eater dot Com Question three. The topic is hunting. The field Master, wing Master and Express are models of this shotgun. Oh, the field Master, wing Master and Express are models of this shotgun. Randall has his whiteboard down already, so Jabebroni's discuss out loud what the answer might be. Damn the field Master wings This is you men.
Speaker 2: All the right answers come from.
Speaker 1: Randall is very confident that you Bronis are gonna fall behind if they don't come up with a good answer here, Ranald, do you have one of these guns?
Speaker 2: I can't answer that.
Speaker 6: I will say that my shotgun that I just had at the gunsmith for four months now, I took it out and the trigger, one of the triggers still doesn't work.
Speaker 2: It's disappointing.
Speaker 1: So back to the gunsmith.
Speaker 6: Disappointing is seventy that think, No, it's a it's a side by side ten gage.
Speaker 1: The field Master, wing Master and Express are models of this shotgun.
Speaker 6: And the tough thing is the first barrel patterned great, and I was super excited, and then I tried to pull that second trigger and nothing.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think it's eight seventy.
Speaker 5: That would be my guest too.
Speaker 1: That's the only answer or is it a browning?
Speaker 2: Could be brown?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's frowning, but I have no idea.
Speaker 7: But what's the model of brown?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: Those browning field Master?
Speaker 1: Is that a thing motto?
Speaker 2: Is it a brand?
Speaker 1: Or is it a shotgun type?
Speaker 2: Shotgun? The only brown?
Speaker 1: It would be like it would be like if the answer had to be a Ford F one fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, brown is pretty vague.
Speaker 1: The field Master, wing Master and Express models of this no grin, trust and margin the input okay.
Speaker 9: I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know if they made other.
Speaker 4: And the secretary Spencer.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's good way to look at it.
Speaker 3: I believe the term was Captain mar gilfish emotion.
Speaker 1: So Anthony, Corey and Colin, what do you boys think it is?
Speaker 9: Randall?
Speaker 8: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I don't like shotguns?
Speaker 6: So yeah, Sam, I was actually just thinking about the cocktails I had over the weekend trikey bar.
Speaker 3: Oh where I'll join in on that cover.
Speaker 2: Where that was two hour? Wait a two hour?
Speaker 1: Waight?
Speaker 7: No browning?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have your answer?
Speaker 4: Spell right?
Speaker 1: Randall? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Do I need to add the make go.
Speaker 1: Ahead and your answer? We have Randall and the jabbronis saying the Remington eight seventy, they got it. The correct answer is the Remington.
Speaker 2: Eight seven should Brown five.
Speaker 1: The Remington eight seventy has been America's best selling shotgun since the nineteen eighties. The pump gun has been used by more than thirteen million hunters, competitive shooters, and law enforcement officers. Other eight seventy models include the Super Slug, Marine Magnum and Super Magnum Turkey. Question for the brownis keep up so far barely. The topic is wildlife. This is North America's most widespread species of plover, which is named after its distinctive shrill call.
Speaker 8: I know, I don't, Yes, I could, Yes, this is North America's most widespread species of clover.
Speaker 1: Okay, Marge is handing out some hints to Randall, who is to whiteboard. This is North America's most widespread species of plover, which is named after its distinctive shrill call. Good question, do you know this, Corey? I don't. Okay, not a clue.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is kind of an easy one.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, skin.
Speaker 5: Randal is still thinking, Marge, you got it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm.
Speaker 1: You know what? That could be helpful, Marge if you show your other five Dabbroni's what a plover looks like? Uh, maybe maybe they'll be inspired. I just remember themes this question four. The topic is wildlife. This is North America's most widespread species of plover, which is named after its distinctive shrill call. Randall still thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like this.
Speaker 1: Huh he's gotten two out of three so far. Mm hmm, Marge, I could pass your whiteboard around to show her other Jabronis. We don't want to show Randal though. See you guys could see what Marge has drawn here. She's trying to show you what a plover.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good?
Speaker 3: That is really good.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Randal still thinking, yeah, flash that to Anthony. Now, do not look Randal.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a great drawing. I'm still trying to figure out what.
Speaker 1: North America's most wide spread species of plover, which it is named after its distinctive shrill call. Randall, do you have an answer? No?
Speaker 6: You know, and I think I think I'm probably just gonna just gonna give up.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's put the white board down. He's a way of the white flag. There is no answer on his board of Bronis, what do you think it might be to throw the board.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a shore bird.
Speaker 9: Okay here, No, they're small like this big, but they have like long it's like.
Speaker 4: A similar but small like a woodcock.
Speaker 9: Yeah, kind of like a woodcock taller, it's not. And they're also endangered species.
Speaker 1: North America's most widespread species of plover, which.
Speaker 7: Is they're not endangered widespread.
Speaker 4: There are species?
Speaker 1: Did answer?
Speaker 2: No, This is the word I was thinking of.
Speaker 6: This is the bird I was thinking of, but I didn't want to write it down because I thought it might be foolish.
Speaker 1: Okay, but might be foolish. You've heard the jib brownis discust.
Speaker 5: What about a kill deer? You see those all over the nation? Anybody?
Speaker 7: I love that answer.
Speaker 1: This is North America's most widespread species of plover, which is named after its distinctive shrill call.
Speaker 5: See him on the yellowstone all the time?
Speaker 9: Fish?
Speaker 2: They do have a high pitch.
Speaker 7: Killed deer.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have your answer, secretary Marge? Okay, Randall, go ahead and reveal your answer. This doesn't count, he says, a whipper will and our jib brownis say kill deer. The correct answer it's killed deer.
Speaker 2: Photo was perfec he.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought I thought you were doing a Randy.
Speaker 4: Travis song has a long and it goes up.
Speaker 2: That was Loome, I could cry.
Speaker 1: That was all about Marge's drawing. And then Corey remembering that he's seen killed deer on the Yellowstone kill deer found from Alaska to South America. Their far carrying call sounds like they're saying kill deer.
Speaker 5: Play the clip, Phil, Yeah, very annoying.
Speaker 3: Should I just put play on a loop for the rest of the show.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm going to change my ringtone.
Speaker 2: To that is it's more pleasant than.
Speaker 1: Most of the time. Probably everyone who's listening to this show has heard them before. All right. Question five, The topic is fishing. S p F stands for blank blank factor. I mean s p F stands for blank blank factor. Randall's whiteboard is down. So what do you think it is? Your brownies?
Speaker 7: Sun protection protection?
Speaker 4: I don't think that that's solar.
Speaker 10: Protection, Oh, solar h SPS stands for blank blank factory.
Speaker 1: Topic is fishing.
Speaker 2: Oh, the topic is skincare.
Speaker 3: In the realm of skin care, man, I mean.
Speaker 10: It's all I got what you got?
Speaker 4: Sun protection?
Speaker 2: Sun or solar?
Speaker 1: I have sun same same.
Speaker 7: One's like more scientific, but also s PF if it is, that doesn't seem to sun.
Speaker 3: Protection factor, right, it's sloppier, So you could go either way.
Speaker 1: I mean that that says the word sun Is that your answer, Marge? Yeah, okay, okay. Did Jabbroni say sun protection? Randall says sun protection? That's correct. Sun protection factor SPF is a measurement of how well a sunscreen protects your skin from UVB rays. The higher the SPF, the longer their protection will last. As an example, if the current conditions allow you to spend ten minutes in sunlight without burning, then a lotion of SPF thirty will multiply the protection time by thirty. That would mean you've increased your time from ten minutes to three hundred minutes without getting burnt. Bill, we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got the Jabbroni's ahead by one point with four. Randall has three. It's still anybody's game now, I'm thinking is the plural of jabbroni Jabbroni? Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I looked at it spelled just like that, philm It has an at the end. You may not be wrong either, if you just now, are.
Speaker 5: You finding are you finding that word in the Urban Dictionary?
Speaker 1: I'll get you a real definition after this. We'll see if, like Mariam Webster recognizes or not.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to do this, I really am.
Speaker 6: But if we do repeat this little circus, I'd just like to request that there are any questions about birds. Oh I feel like birds are a weak spot, and all right, it's good to know more questions about birds, swans kill deer, turkeys.
Speaker 1: Question six. The topic is woodsmanship. Barnes and Noble declared this Henry David Threw's quote most influential book. Oh wow, the topic is woodsmanship. Barnes and Noble declared this Henry David Throw's influential book.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Randall has put his whiteboard down. So what do you think it is?
Speaker 5: Is it is of mice and men?
Speaker 8: Henry?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 5: That's all I got.
Speaker 2: I was gonna.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, seven trick.
Speaker 6: Question is it on civil disobedience?
Speaker 1: I'm good with it. Barnes and Noble, I get it wrong.
Speaker 7: But is that the name of the book though.
Speaker 1: Most influence? What does that say? Brown's Are you ready for it? Okay? Randall, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have to Broni saying Walden. We have Randall saying on Walden Pond.
Speaker 11: I told you Pond. Correct, Pond is Walden. So the got that one right.
Speaker 1: Included book I can't read.
Speaker 4: This is in our bathroom at our house.
Speaker 1: Oh ok, good on you, marge. Henry David Walden in eighteen fifty four. The book is about his experience living in the cabin he built near Walden Pond in Massachusetts. Steve Rnella is not a fan, though famously calling thorough Quote a candy ass.
Speaker 3: Which inspired an op ed from actor Nick Offerman.
Speaker 1: Oh I wasn't sure if we would say that. Oh yeah yeah. He wrote for Outside magazine that he was listening to a podcast while sitting in rush hour traffic in LA and heard some bully call Henry David Thorrow a candy ass. That's what feels. Referring to question seven, the topic is public Lands. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Joel Janssen for sending this great question. Joel is going going to get a board game signed by the crew if you want a chance to win the listener Question of the week, then send your question to Trivia at the medeater dot com. Name one of the two national parks that the Apple Lanchian National Scenic Trail passes through.
Speaker 5: Blue Ridge. I'm sorry, I'd write that one.
Speaker 1: Randall still has a whiteboard in his hands. Name one of the two national parks.
Speaker 7: It's a competition.
Speaker 2: We got him.
Speaker 1: Okay, Randall has put his whiteboard down.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say Smoky Mountain if he wants to show off. Is Blue Ridge at the park?
Speaker 5: Now I'm a Montana.
Speaker 4: It's rocky mountain, but I think smoking.
Speaker 7: It's not rocky mountains, Smoky Mountain, Smoking Mountain, smoky.
Speaker 4: Because it's in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Name one of the two national parks that the Apple Lachian National Scenic Trail passes To name one of them?
Speaker 7: Is that Apple Latching National Scenic Trail, the same as just that Palatch and trail.
Speaker 1: M not going to give you any hints. Yeah, Brownie's are you ready?
Speaker 7: What are you putting?
Speaker 9: WHOA?
Speaker 7: This is a lot on me here.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm like right with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel okay. The jib brownis say Smoky Mountain National Park and Randall says, great, Smoky Mountains.
Speaker 2: Same same.
Speaker 6: I don't know, have you guys been to Canyon National Park, Our, Shenandoah National Park and Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Speaker 3: I don't think here's what.
Speaker 1: We didn't give it to Randall for the the on Walden Pond, so I don't think we should give it to the for leaving out.
Speaker 3: Great too many words and we just left out one.
Speaker 5: If you typed in Smoky Mountains.
Speaker 1: But it's called the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Speaker 6: All right, guys, you type in Canyon National Park, it will either bring up Caranyon Lands or Yeah or King Canyon.
Speaker 1: I guess yea Grand Canyon.
Speaker 4: Is there another smoking out?
Speaker 1: To keep this interesting, We're now going to give it to the j Brownies. They didn't include what we're doing.
Speaker 7: Sorry, guys, I'll take that one.
Speaker 6: I will say on a previous game of trivia, you did give it to the Smoky Mountains, and I was upset then because it was the greatest national park for fishing. This is one of the questions and no one else said great except for me.
Speaker 1: Look at the memory on this guy. Question eight. The topic is fishing, and this next great question is via Patrick Brown. This musician was quote catching walleye from the dock in their two thousand and seventh song All Summer Long.
Speaker 4: I know, okay good.
Speaker 1: Randall has putting down Colin and Anthony say kid rock this musician was catching walleye from the dock in their two thousand and seven song All Summer Long.
Speaker 2: A horrible question.
Speaker 3: It's a great play it It's very catchy for a bunch of pedestrians.
Speaker 6: I just think, yeah, I would have saved this one for a normal game of trivia. Well, then everybody would get it, except for maybe one person, Brodie.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know who it is, but huh.
Speaker 6: In a game like this, this is a very difficult question for me to compete with.
Speaker 1: Corinn. Are you entertained?
Speaker 9: I think this is great and apologies for not contributing Marmally.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't have got that.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 3: O her chair for the audio listeners, Grim has been leaning back in her chair without headphones on. I had to remind her to pull her microphone towards her. It was just in the middle of the table. She's she's just taking an hour off.
Speaker 1: You can go back to your lunch. Carin if you'd like, go ahead and reveal your answers. We've got the jabbronis saying kid Rock nice illustration, and Randall saying kid Rock. The correct answer is kid Rock. The song is a mashup of three other songs, Night Moves, Sweet Home Alabama, and were Wolves of London. It's about the summer of nineteen eighty nine in northern Michigan, where Kid Rock was smoking funny things and sipping whiskey out the bottle. It was the biggest solo hit of his career, reaching number one in seven countries.
Speaker 5: More than BAuA Toba Huh.
Speaker 2: Wow or American Badass.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A couple of Well, we have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: Here we are still with a one point lead. The JABBRONI have six, Randall has five.
Speaker 1: Question nine the topic is hunting and this next great question is via Evan Rindel. Of the six New England states, which one has the highest population of turkeys? Wow? Of the six New England states, which one has the highest population of turkeys? Question Yeah, Randall is listing. I think what do you thinks are the six news?
Speaker 7: I think I know this one too.
Speaker 1: I would say Georgia of the six New England states. Which one has the highest population of turkeys?
Speaker 4: Puerto Rico?
Speaker 1: This is question is always a last Randall, are you locked in? Okay, Bronis, go ahead and discuss.
Speaker 7: I think the answer is Maine. Pensarvania is not a New England states.
Speaker 2: Or he did not like that.
Speaker 5: M You might be about so.
Speaker 7: Much larger than the other states, and there's a lot of turkeys there.
Speaker 2: The woods.
Speaker 1: Which one has the highest population?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sounds great to me.
Speaker 1: Your answer to Brownie's Randall, go ahead and reveal your answer. We have the jibe Browni saying Maine and Randall saying Massachusetts. The correct answer is Maine, given the victory with one question to go. These numbers are via NWTF. According to them, Maine has seventy thousand turkeys, Vermont and New Hampshire have forty five thousand, Massachusetts has thirty five thousand, Connecticut has thirty two thousand, five hundred, and Rhode Island has four thousand. Maine also harvests the most turkeys of any New England states. I didn't know that not in New England states. Randall, Do you have any any thoughts on that one?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: I just I just feel like Maine.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to say Maine because it's so much bigger than everything, like it would just.
Speaker 2: Be too obvious.
Speaker 6: It's too obviously the right answer, and so I this is one of those things where you know, in hindsight, I should have just gone with what anybody would say, right.
Speaker 1: Jabronis have a two point lead going into the final question, Question ten. The topic is natural history. Native tribes refer to this month's full moon as the breaking ice moon, frog moon moon when geeselay eggs and planting moon. The topic is natural history. Native tribes referred to this month's full moon as the breaking ice moon, frog moon moon when geeselay eggs and planting moon. Randall has his answer locked in Jabroni's what do you think it could be?
Speaker 5: April Spring?
Speaker 1: April? I think April breaking ice moon, frog moon moon, which wasn't that last night or the night before anybody.
Speaker 4: Noticed Mars is pretty frozen last in Minnesota where I.
Speaker 6: Actually think we should have scraped this episode because I think one of the great joys of our audience is playing along at home, and I think that this ruins it for them.
Speaker 1: They're welcome deposit.
Speaker 2: Interesting, but if they're driving. It's incredibly dangerous.
Speaker 1: The passengers running it.
Speaker 2: A lot of us fly solo with you.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, this episode airs in about fourteen hours from How hard.
Speaker 2: Would it be to just dust off some new questions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have your answer?
Speaker 3: Would you put April?
Speaker 7: We are in the month of April? Would be fitting?
Speaker 1: Okayrons say April and Randall says April. The correct answer is April. Everybody got it. Other Native American names for April's full moon include sugar bushing moon, snowshoe breaking moon, loon moon, sucker moon, and moon when stream are again navigable. April's full moon was on April twelfth. It's collectively referred to as the pink moon because of the blooming of pink flowers in April. So, Jabebroni's where are you going to send that five hundred dollars? The six of you need to come to a decision.
Speaker 3: I thought we all got five hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel kind of bad.
Speaker 1: Should we let Randall pick?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that. You don't give me your charity?
Speaker 7: You got all those requests over the weekend, Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean?
Speaker 1: Or the jabronis who never get to pick YOUTF.
Speaker 7: Since it's Turkey season, have fun with WTFT thoughts.
Speaker 1: Agreed, n WTF is that what Captain JABRONI goes with mar NWTF is getting five hundred dollars from Anthony, Corey, Corinne, Colin, Tresa and March. Well done, Broni's.
Speaker 6: I almost feel like I gave it ten WTF because I wasn't going to give it ten WTF and since they won, there giving it now.
Speaker 2: So ultimately, I'd like to think that I had some part in this.
Speaker 1: Sure, Thanks Randall, Randall, thank you, Randy.
Speaker 2: I'm actually I'm not a I'm not a monster. I'm just playing a character.
Speaker 1: Would you would you do this again?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Six Brown, I'd be happy to do it. Spencer, what what do you think the tipping point in numbers is for you? Where it's like, yeah, that's too many dabrownis for me to wrestle in trivia.
Speaker 5: I mean there's there's six of them here, so two.
Speaker 1: Point victory it's kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah on Walden Pond really got me. I don't know where I got that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: If we had time, i'd google it.
Speaker 6: It's just yeah, two point victory for our Maybe a listener will write in and let me know where I went wrong.
Speaker 4: I mean there's a movie on Golden Pond.
Speaker 1: Am I thinking of that famous trout in that movie. Well, all right, well done, Ja, Brownie's better luck next time. Randall. Join us next week on more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. Yes, Spencer from South Dakota.
Speaker 4: He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones.
Speaker 9: He lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks.
Speaker 2: It is an avid amateur