Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: What's up, everybody?
Speaker 4: Welcome to Good Morning Football Live in LA and New York. It's Wednesday, February twelfth. It's that bar bus Mill, Peter Strick, account Brandt back in New York.
Speaker 3: I'm Jav Hurdall. It feels like we're all in our seats.
Speaker 5: We're good.
Speaker 3: We're back from New Up. How are you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm doing good, guys. I got beat up the other day. Let me just tell you. No, I was sick like a dog.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought somebody actually beat you up.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it beat me up. Whatever that thing was beat me up. But I came back. I'm back.
Speaker 6: So we're back. You're back in the seat here. You guys were in New Orleans. New Orleans was fun.
Speaker 4: It was a good time. It was a really good time. We all saw people that we just like lost our minds overseeing, which was really fun. Did you see anybody that made your mind?
Speaker 2: Mel You know what?
Speaker 6: Jayde Daniels I would have to say, you know, it was so cool to see him on radio Row and I said, I'm not gonna bug I'm just gonna go well done. Yes, and he says, man, appreciate the love, and I was like, oh, that's cool. So you know, Jayden's watching, so appreciate the love to Jayde and Daniels. But it's cool to see the young guy up and close.
Speaker 2: He's a little thin, but that's all right.
Speaker 3: Hey, I know it works. It works for him.
Speaker 4: So we are still kind of bathing in the aftermath of Super Bowl fifty nine. And with that, as Peter always likes to shout out NFL films and the.
Speaker 3: Incredible work that they do, here we go.
Speaker 4: Everybody take a look and a listen back at super Bowl fifty nine. The only style that we like to do it here on GMFB.
Speaker 2: Oh, you get an opportunity of this game, you've got take that. Everything you've got for the guy besides you. Let's find a way to get a win. Like I think the bond and we have on this team is a lot.
Speaker 6: Stronger than what they got over there dinner Humble, it's been are about to be.
Speaker 7: The Chiefs go for him Street and the Eagles go for their second Lombardy.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl fifty nine. Here we go.
Speaker 8: That's like half the Rae, half the Ray go.
Speaker 2: Wait will you cover play?
Speaker 5: When are you coming?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: So three?
Speaker 2: What? Two?
Speaker 9: Three? House?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 2: Seven? Is that eight time? It's that eight times? It's that time we him or no, hey, no star. That's all right man, we're coming in here. We'd come and dominate. That's it. One plant of time.
Speaker 11: Take that one plant of time.
Speaker 2: Hit this inte the moment man, But yeah, but.
Speaker 11: We did did this?
Speaker 2: Stall you nose down?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: What'm up?
Speaker 12: Bad day?
Speaker 2: Let's get it? Wait, no thing?
Speaker 10: What two?
Speaker 12: Three, ared, third and sixteen homes rolling out looking fiery.
Speaker 4: Nitor Sething picked up a Cooper Degene gets.
Speaker 2: A plumb degine.
Speaker 1: That's damn.
Speaker 2: Fos down to Cooper. Magine Cooper to go from a pick medico. Thank good, we knew that was coming. Oh hey, dam that's the first one though, this one, and he's doing that.
Speaker 6: You gonna have me to beck Ones keep.
Speaker 2: Going, I'm first down play action. They surround him.
Speaker 6: Shuck a horny fo They got on, Jock, what so proud of you?
Speaker 2: Maybe proud of you?
Speaker 12: Man, Hurts, lets it go complete a j Brown, he's in touchdown Eagles.
Speaker 2: It's going more on more goods.
Speaker 12: We're gonna run some plot or maybe set the dagger hurts going deep corn off to the chase lass.
Speaker 2: Touchdown. This is amazing, this is a run.
Speaker 8: He's all right now it's up.
Speaker 5: So here's the Holmes.
Speaker 2: What's he got in?
Speaker 9: Loved press your hill, Jack bow out the Eagles.
Speaker 12: Heaven Miltive Williams with a strip shock, Philadelphia takes over. Oh me, hey, we rested the hurry.
Speaker 2: I'st the worm, the bloom.
Speaker 12: Thefis Libortie Trophy is headed to Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Eagles flying in Super Bowl fifty nine, right to back here, you're right, hold on?
Speaker 4: That does happened?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 2: I tell you that I'm out of you?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, out yeh ol Eagles.
Speaker 10: M do what he did?
Speaker 2: W they go that comfetti We look at.
Speaker 1: I want to, like a thousand people ever win the game in winner books forever you well know.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna be one on that window twice too. We have done.
Speaker 9: Wein't done?
Speaker 2: How with you?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: You'll probably chop chi chill. We watch chumpings now wor.
Speaker 3: We okay? And the architect walks back down the tunnel.
Speaker 4: Peter got that was awesome. So many moments that stands out to you. What jumped from NFL Films really.
Speaker 3: Cool at him.
Speaker 9: I had not seen the Sirianni stuff with his wife and of course his mom and dad, and that that gets me choked up. After all these hours and we've dissected the game and we've talked about what this means to see Nick at a emotional hugging his dad Fran and his mother Amy. I mean, it's just awesome stuff. And I'll say this, Sirianni had himself a day. But all of those players can have those moments forever, Dallas Goddard on the Jaalen Carter onto Milton Williams, all of them or that is forever. That is an NFL films that'll be archives as long as our grandkids and our great crank kids are gonna be watching Super Bowl highlights, those guys are gonna be a part of it.
Speaker 10: It really was a terrible butt kicking, wasn't it. I'm just looking at back at that game and we just don't see much of that normally. When we run that package, it's very tense at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: Will the field goal be good? Will the past be no?
Speaker 10: This thing was over at halftime, and it's been that we haven't gotten one of those since I think the Chiefs Bucks won and then before that, I think it was Broncos Seahawks. It doesn't happen very much, so all the Eagles kind of were celebrating for the entire fourth quarter. The gatorade shower came before the two minute warning. That's very, very unusual that that would happen, But it's funny to see their reactions by the end of it. I think it means different things the different people I'm watching. Dallas Goddard almost give a hype speech to Jalen Carter about how cool this is that we won the Super Bowl. Jalen Carter Georgia two national championship, Dallas Goddard, South Dakota State had a Super Bowl that he lost. I think it means different things to different people. And I feel like they were celebrating coming out of the halftime locker room.
Speaker 2: This should have been.
Speaker 10: Is there an unusual post Super Bowl video where it's normally much more tense.
Speaker 2: This was just a party. Yeah, it was a party.
Speaker 6: And I love to call back to the gatorade shower early on, just like they knew it, like we're not waiting for this, We're going we're doing it right now.
Speaker 2: It was that moment.
Speaker 6: But someone who also took care of that moment, and we saw just here at the back end, was Howie Roseman kind of getting that love as he was walking off.
Speaker 2: You don't see that for general managers going you know, and then.
Speaker 6: Going how we he's taking it in. It was kind of just kind of walking off with that. So I think he does deserve to walk off with that because he made some tremendous elections this season in order to get this team back to where it was just a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: So i'fore I go with those selections.
Speaker 4: The two rookies in Quinjon Mitchell and Cooper dejen and the fact that do you think those guys can really understand what it means, The fact that you are a rookie in the NFL and this is your first taste at the playoffs, This is your first taste at what it feels like to go that entire season and get to the ultimate top of the mountain. In Hois Lombardi, that is a ridiculous accomplishment. Let alone the fact that you know, fifty three times, however many Super Bowls we had Dallas goddards trying to do the mind math of Jalen Carter. This is how many players have won a Super Bowl. You are rookies, and this is what you've done. And that only means that the Eagles could, to their point, just be at the beginning Peter of what they could accomplish with this specific set of players. It is ridiculous for those two guys in the secondary, sure is.
Speaker 9: And if you contrast that with their defensive coordinator, Vic fangu who waited thirty eight years to be a Super Bowl champion, it shows you the beauty of a team. Fangio entered the NFL in the nine in the early eighties with the New Orleans Saints with Pat Swelling and Ricky Jackson in the Dome control defense. Eighty six was his first year in New Orleans and then to cap it off in twenty twenty five with the Super Bowl ring, Well, he's got these two rookies Dejeene and Mitchell and Jlex Hunt on the defensive end side, three guys who are twenty one, twenty one and twenty two. Real quick, though, we have an editor on our show who stayed up all night putting that together. Luca Discrista right, shout you out. You set the tone on our show, just like the Eagles defense set the tone of the Super Peter.
Speaker 2: This is that's a Luca that we will never trade. That's the way we hold on to Luca Towers. Right, they already got him in Landy in La.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 4: All right, coming up, guys, we made an amazing guest on GMFBOT yesterday, Peter. If I said Patrick Renna's name to you, what comes to minds?
Speaker 9: That's a great Handbino. That is the Sandlot. That's him been in current form. We've got the dude from the Sandlot and son in law and of course the Big Green it's coming on the show.
Speaker 2: Son in Law mentioned more than the Chiefs in this segment.
Speaker 10: Incredibly no bus. All right, unbelievable moments this season, you know that. Is there a moment that we want to take just a minute, not I forget the Super Bowl. We've talked a lot of the Eagles from any team any week that we're like, hold on, this needs a dang minute and we're going to focus on it for a little bit. Well, I'll pick one and we'll do it after this. It's Whitebard Wednesday, don't go anywhere, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning Football, all right? Time for white Ford Wednesday, the Whiteboard Wednesday.
Speaker 4: After super Bowl feels like it has a little bit more impact, you know, like we got to really look back at some moments from this season and include super Bowl fifty nine in the weekend.
Speaker 3: That was all right.
Speaker 4: First question, everybody, Let's think of the player or the celebrity that you feel like made the most of their Super Bowl Week in its entirety.
Speaker 3: Peter, who was that for you?
Speaker 9: Okay, so I'm going to start off with let's go back nine days. It was the Monday that started off the Super Bowl. It was the media opening night, and I was so honored to be asked to be a part of the opening broadcast. And it was myself, it was Scott Hansen, it was Kimmy Checks. We were really excited, and then all of us were immediately minimized by one man who showed up with a mic flag that said Fox and it was this guy. And that was just the start of the Jamis Winston super Bowl Week experience. Jamis Owned Media Night, asking all the questions of players, throwing w's at players, and then proceeded to have the best time as Fox's digital correspondent.
Speaker 2: He posted this video of him walking through New Orleans.
Speaker 9: And I think this beats any Jennifer Hudson show opening where the guys come in from the dressing room. This was just Jamis walking through New Orleans with strangers.
Speaker 2: Slapping them five. And I'm like, I want all of this. I want this in my life. I want this at night, I want this in the morning, I want it every day. He is all vibe was not actors. I asked the person who put this together. I'm like, what are you like?
Speaker 9: We just sent Jameis loose in the wild and let him go, and this was the energy that he had all week long.
Speaker 2: He brought a smile to everyone's face.
Speaker 9: And then if we could take the video down for a second, I want to get like emotional with the crowd because here's what happened super Bowl Sunday. I'm like, all right, Jamis has been part in on the joke, part not in on the joke. He's doing barstool, but he's also doing these interviews where he's throwing w's and eating crab legs. I'm like, I'm not sure if Super Bowl Sunday I see James. I'm like, Jamis, what's up baby, great week? And all of a sudden, I quickly get a vibe like this is right before kickoff. He's sitting there stoically with tears in his eyes, and I'm like, Jameis will be good, and He's like, I've never been to one of these. I don't know if I'll ever play in one of these. I'm just trying to savor and appreciate this moment right before kickoff. And I'm like, Jamis, man, you just hit a chord with me. I get it, dude, I'll let you be. And I gave him his distance and for like ninety seconds he was just closing his eyes and embracing it all and savoring it.
Speaker 2: Jamis is an interesting figure in.
Speaker 9: Our NFL lives, but he's also a captivating on and I thought.
Speaker 5: He on the WK.
Speaker 6: Yeah he did, he really did. I really enjoyed watching all of his stuff. Also had a little word with him as well, which is really cool. And so yeah, I said, whenever his career is over, he definitely has a spot. So I just told him be authentically you. So I agree with you on that one another player, but he a player from the MLAYA because this is a different time of player who had I thought the Super Bowl week of his life, and he made the most of it. K Dot, mister Kendrick Lamar Kenjack Lamar has gone off and done something that is just remarkable.
Speaker 2: Now, this halftime show.
Speaker 6: Was probably one of the most cryptic halftime shows ever. We saw that with the crip walking of of course Serena Williams. I lost my mind when I saw Serena Williams crip walking. But then as you to go through and you start weaving through, here's the rapper that has come up coming off of five Grammys.
Speaker 2: Five Grammys. He doesn't need to do much after that. It's been solidified.
Speaker 6: He won that epic rap battle that we were all kind of in on and we were watching and you go, how can you upstage that? And what he did in this halftime show to me was probably one of the most genius things already right now on the NFL's YouTube page, thirty two million views, and it's one of those ones that you can't just watch once. Now you guys are fans of the show, you guys know this that we have rewind that you're gonna have to rewind that because you got to keep going back and back. And I would encourage everyone out there, especially if you're a hip hop lover, I would encourage you, don't listen to all of the narratives about what some of the cryptic messages are. You have to use your own eyes and you got to see it by yourself because there's some really cool gems in there.
Speaker 2: So Kendrick Lamar, you did that, man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked it. A lot of people have some takes, Kyle.
Speaker 10: It was a really cool in person, unbelievable spectacle when they came up through the car and they kept getting out and getting out. It was captivating from the get go. Being in the stadium is a dream come true and it's a huge, really cool honor to be able to do this. The only I don't like about you don't hear the commentary, so I can't hear Burkehart and Brady, and that sets a lot of the conversations afterwards, And you know, candidly, you don't can.
Speaker 2: See the commercials, and I do like the commercials. I got back.
Speaker 10: I talked to my eleven year old son, Calvin. I go, Calvin, what was the best commercial? He goes there was a crazy one where a man was a seal, and I go, oh, I heard about this. Seal was in a Mountain Dew commercial in which he's saying kiss from.
Speaker 2: A lime, and it blew everybody, Peter, did you see this thing?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: All right, So they took Seal's.
Speaker 10: Face and put him on a seal coming out of the water and he's singing kiss from a lime and everyone.
Speaker 2: Said it was creepy.
Speaker 10: And then like Taiko Wattiti, who does Jojo Rabbit and all these like thor movies, he directed it and it was a really huge deal. He apparently stole the week and all of these crazy commercials now and it's Ai this and Ai Seal Week. And it brings me up just the brief anecdote of the one time in my life that I met Seal, And ironically it was at a super Bowl party and it was in the Bay Area. It was the Panthers Broncos Super Bowl and I went to a Super Bowl party.
Speaker 2: At the time.
Speaker 10: I was a producer for Jim Rome and Seal was there and I got in some sort of conversation with him. Everyone's just shaking hands. I was like, oh, Seal like, you know you you broke it and produced a lot of my makeouts back in the day, Like I really appreciate your music. I didn't say I was thinking that. So this is how the exchange went. I go, Hi, I'm Kyle Brand I am Seal, and I go wow, that's what he says, I am Seal.
Speaker 2: And he shakes my hand and he's got this like giant, like smooth hand.
Speaker 10: It was incredible, and I was so intimidated and yet so like, oh wow, like I think the women really.
Speaker 2: Get this guy, and I had men really like this guy, and I really like this guy.
Speaker 5: I am Seal.
Speaker 10: I'll never forget it. And so now that he's back in the super Bowl conversation, I love it. Let's get him a national anthem or something like that. Let's go I love Sealing, superl He was.
Speaker 4: Like fifty feet from our set on Radio Roll on Friday, the last famous face I saw before we close out the week on GMAF, and it really was Kyle. One of those things where I was like, is that Seal? And I'm like, of course, it is, like that makes perfect sense. We love Seal, all right. Next up, Brandon Graham was asked naturally about possibly retiring after winning another Super Bowl, and he responded with a give me.
Speaker 3: A little minute for his plans for twenty twenty five. Just give me a little minute. The moment from the.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty four season that you would like to just give a little minute too, is what Peter I.
Speaker 9: Think lost in the Saquon Chase for two thousand and for Saquon's chase of Eric Dickerson was the season had in Cincinnati by Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, let's.
Speaker 9: Give a little minute to Jamar Chase's twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 2: I feel like we barely even track this over the season because we've become so numb to individual records. Guys.
Speaker 9: Jamar Chase led the league in catches, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns. He's one of only six men to do that in an NFL season since we started playing the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Take a look at this. You're talking about Bambi, You're.
Speaker 9: Talking about Jerry Rice the Goat, You're talking about Hall of Famer Sterling Sharp, you're talking about Steve Soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you're.
Speaker 9: Talking a couple of years ago Cooper Cups match and Jamar Chases just six guys have done this. Receptions, receiving yards, receiving touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Jamar Chase always has a spot on this show.
Speaker 9: If there's anything that we didn't give enough time to was the dominant season that he had. We gave love to Saquon, we gave love to Burrow, and of course we gave love to the Chiefs for what they were doing all season long in these one score games. Jamar Chase the son of a friend of ours, Jimmy Chair.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, We've been a great ally to the show.
Speaker 9: They met him many a times, Jamar. Now he might be getting new contract, maybe not getting a new calls. Hey this man, whatever it is, I would like to say this three words Kyle Dude again one two, three.
Speaker 2: Man man man.
Speaker 6: You know you know who else they need to pay on that team, Trey Hendrickson, Because.
Speaker 7: Can we just take as in Cincinnati, can we just take the time just to really kind of enjoy what he's done because this season.
Speaker 6: Yes, I know they finish up the season nine and eight, but seventeen and a half sacks.
Speaker 2: He let the team.
Speaker 6: But then back to back season seventeen and a half sax season, that's not easy to do and yes, you know for me as a former lineman, like, I'm telling you that's hard. And look at the list of guys who've done it before him, Mark Gasanov, Reggie White, JJ Watt, and JJ Watt. Those two years he was Defensive Player of the Year. Trey Henrickson. Now I know he didn't win it this year. He was second in the votes here, but definitely a year to remember and just kind of take in.
Speaker 2: I think we got caught.
Speaker 6: Lost, you know, lost in all of the other big names and stuff storylines going on. But Trey Anderson, I see you, Doug seventeen point five back to back seasons.
Speaker 2: That ain't easy to do.
Speaker 10: You know what, I'm gonna turn around my marcrot board and it's gonna say t Higgins, guys, due, No, I'm not gonna do this.
Speaker 2: We just saw the Philadelphia Eagles destroy the Chiefs. Do you remember.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna take him into this week fourteen Philadelphia at Carolina.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this game?
Speaker 10: The Panthers should have beat the world champ Eagles. This was an incredible thing where Bryce Young was going to have his moment, have his signature win. He throws this long pass to Xavier Legette and he drops it on the goal line. This was the game that led to the Eagles. A. J. Brown say, need to get better at passing. They were totally upset after this win.
Speaker 2: Look at price.
Speaker 10: So the hero and legets just drops it. Did Canalis afterwards says he has to catch that ball. He was not mincing words at all. This was the signature win for everybody. A year ago at Honors, Keith and Michael Key had Carolina Panthers jokes about how bad they weren't, how far.
Speaker 2: From the super Bowl they were. They made strides this year.
Speaker 10: Bryce young mate strides Canal has had him going and they should have won this game against.
Speaker 2: The Eagles and they dropped it.
Speaker 10: The only byproduct of it and it was a bad moment for Xavier Laguette, but it kind of put him on everybody's radar, and then he got to do things like this where he talks about how he eats raccoons.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 9: Pallasena video when I said, cow, you red code what.
Speaker 2: I said, what do you mean raccoon? Like the raccoon like a raccoon that you see in the chain? Okay, where do you even eat that? At where do you even get that?
Speaker 5: I hunted it, I skin him.
Speaker 2: Cool them. So when was the last time you had a raccoon? Give you wait, what does it taste like? It got it? You know everybody judged.
Speaker 5: They still take like cheese, but raccoon got it.
Speaker 10: So he has raccoon for Thanksgiving. I think there's a new thing where you take a raccoon and you put it inside a possum and then inside of a squirrel and expected version. He's a I hunt him, I skin him, and I came from Mullins, South Carolina, Mulleins. So if you're tired of turkey and Thanksgiving is not raccoon, that's the new turkey.
Speaker 6: Postcols follow ups.
Speaker 3: Like the same Browns were asking all the questions we wanted to know. It was awesome, all right.
Speaker 4: Last one, guys, this is did you see the viral Super Bowl confetti guy.
Speaker 3: There's a video out there. This guy is going to work.
Speaker 4: This guy's probably working like as a telemarketer or I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like, look at this guy. This is his deal. Yeah, get that.
Speaker 4: I'll get that credential away from the massive vacuum that is sucking in the pieces of confetti and throwing it out onto the field.
Speaker 3: We love that guy. B Kavinski, thank you for posting.
Speaker 4: That most random side gig or job that you ever had, Because Peter, let's be honest, that's probably that guy's not his full time job. So it's side gig. Peter, what was your most random side gig?
Speaker 2: How do we know that's a side gig? Like professional? Like? How do we not know that guy is the guy consulting him?
Speaker 9: We have the sod father, that guy that goes in like does all the surfaces. We've gotten, the guy that carries the Stanley Cup trophy. How do we know that guy isn't confetti guy at every major sport.
Speaker 2: I think he is. I think he's the guy you bring in. That's the dude. But my side gig job. Kyle knows this well.
Speaker 9: The summer after my senior year of high school, all of my idiot friends and I decided we were going to work at a telemarketing company together in our hometown, Freehold, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: That was me the first day we were that's me. No, the first day we were that's.
Speaker 9: Trey Hendrickson the first day we were competitive about getting as many sales as we can like for like a few hours, like I'm gonna beat you and beat you then the next sixty days of summer. I don't think we picked up the phone once and we just sat there at that Cuba pill and just goofed off.
Speaker 2: So an amazing job, paid minimum wage. We were definitely like better than Ezra and third Eye Blind and maybe some fuel.
Speaker 9: And I would say those lunch breaks were supposed to be thirty minutes. There are probably two hours and I wouldn't go in the car afterwards because it probably smelled Oh so telemarket job, That's what I was.
Speaker 2: There we go and my next yeah, yes, oh oh okay.
Speaker 10: I have a simple I really do in the time when no one does. With the NFL officials and the referees, I particularly love Sean Hockey. I'll they have that entire crew because my first random job, little league umpire.
Speaker 2: I've been in those shoes before.
Speaker 10: And I'm not talking about getting seventeen bucks a game to stand out there by second base like that guy.
Speaker 2: That guy is the infield umpire and I respect it. But you go behind the plate, that's the bart. You start calling balls and strikes, and you get in this game where you're up in nine, Y're all like that guy.
Speaker 10: You know, when they throw twenty seven balls in a row, you start to get a pretty generous strike zone because you're trying to move the game along. I would call strikes. I'd get the kids looking back at me, I get the parents chirping me.
Speaker 2: I've been there. I put up with none of it. So I sympathize not only with.
Speaker 10: Our MLB brothers and sisters, but with our crews.
Speaker 2: Down on the field.
Speaker 10: Thought they officiated a pretty good game, maybe a little bit of a rocky start, but it wasn't the story afterwards. It's because I've been there, little ball strike clicker. I made nineteen dollars a game in like nineteen ninety two, and I felt like war Bucks.
Speaker 2: It was incredible. I was bezos. Would I ever go to belly to belly with a dad? Now with a coach? Though coach I used to sign my thing.
Speaker 10: Afterwards you have to go up and say you sign this, and he wouldn't sign it, and like the calls and then I go to the manager who runs the whole league. He's like, what an idiot, here's your money. I was like yeah, and he, by the way, you know he was safe. Anyway, I nailed it.
Speaker 2: And why did you read afterwards? Big lead che.
Speaker 3: Peter, did you say what year yours was?
Speaker 2: Mine was ninety nine?
Speaker 6: Okay, And so in two thousand and eleven, twenty eleven, I was actually a turf salesman.
Speaker 2: This does.
Speaker 6: This was probably one of the most random things I've ever done. After my broadcasting early broadcasting career didn't get off to the right start, I was like, man, I have no other choice. I started selling turf. But I sold turf for the company who has the same turf at Cowboys Stadium right now, the Matrix turf Las Vegas Stadium here at so far they had. I mean, I can tell you the blade length, I can tell you the infield, the sub base.
Speaker 2: I mean, this was my thing. I was going door to door to universities. It's the pitch I have system.
Speaker 6: Hey ding dong, Hey, this is akbar Basha bm milla. Hey let me tell you some I've got the fastest turf on earth, and let me tell you why. This infield has its own special silica that only we produce.
Speaker 2: And guess what.
Speaker 8: It allows the athletes to move faster and go longer and you can have this field for over twenty years. I'm like, what, Yeah, it's a million dollars. A million dollars, you'll pay it off, no problem.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 6: And guess what I sold my first one at Moore Park High School here in California. Four Park brought my very first field. That's a million dollar sell right there.
Speaker 3: That's that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Twenty eleven.
Speaker 4: Okay, so ninety two, ninety nine, twenty eleven, guys, my most random side job or gig came in twenty.
Speaker 3: Twenty four is last twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: I'm all I do now is introduce massive celebrities, all right. On Christmas Day, I got to say and now, introducing Houston's hometown hero while being a sideline reporter, and it was Beyonce.
Speaker 3: And then I said, introducing Snoop Dog.
Speaker 4: And if you don't think that I had six different renditions of saying Snoop Dogg's name at NFL Honors.
Speaker 3: Then you're dead wrong.
Speaker 4: I practiced twenty snoop Dog, snoop Dog, snoop dog.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's so many different ways you can say and.
Speaker 4: A do O double g here is your host for the night er I do Okay, I want to quit this day job and I'm just going to be the background voice for anybody who nears who needs me and if she really needs me someday.
Speaker 3: And here is Taylor Swift. That's all I have to do. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: Look, here is Scott Poli.
Speaker 3: It's Scott Ansen. All right, here we go, whiteboard Wednesday. Everybody GMF B, LA, LA LA book a.
Speaker 12: Back horor Philly offensive coordinator Tellan Moore helped lead the Eagles offense to top eight rankings in points.
Speaker 2: Scored and total yards.
Speaker 12: So he's no stranger to moving the football, and he might also be an expert on moving that's because the Saints hiring the thirty six year old to lead the franchise back to glory. There you see him with his family there. More is going to call New Orleans home in twenty twenty five as his new head coach. It's his fourth team and as many seasons. In twenty twenty two, he was the Cowboys offensive coordinator, in twenty three, he was the Chargers OC and last year, of course, he helped Philly win Super Bowl fifty nine. Veteran Wide's receiver. Meanwhile, DeAndre Hopkins taking to social media yesterday to address apparent whispers of his twelve year career coming to an end, de hop saying, in a sense deleted post quote, don't know what you heard, but I'm not done yet. Elsewhere, forty nine Ers quarterback Rock Purty entering the fourth and final year of his rookie contract, and when team owner Jed York was asked about a potential new deal, he said quote, I know we want Brock to be here for a long time and will do anything we can to make that work. Still to come. Actor and star of the movie Sandlot, telling me small, Patrick Renna joins the program.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere, We'll be right back. Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to GMFB.
Speaker 4: Listen, we know that there is an alarming amount of Sunday's left before we see another NFL game played, so we can understand if there's a lot of classic movies like Little Giants, Mighty Ducks, even The Sandlot that you're going to tune into.
Speaker 3: Well, yesterday at GMFOT, we had the.
Speaker 4: Distinct pleasure to interview the great ham Bino, Patrick Renna, the actor you know him, on GMFBOT.
Speaker 3: Here's the interview. Our next in studio.
Speaker 4: Guest is somebody that you know from the iconic movie The Sandlot.
Speaker 3: It's Ham, it's everybody. It's Patrick Renno, we love you. Welcome inside, great Ambino. How you going.
Speaker 5: I'm good, I'm good, I'm I love to play some wiffleball.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, let's do it right.
Speaker 3: My gosh, I have the idea.
Speaker 4: We've got to go with the prop closet and we're going to be running down the hallway for it.
Speaker 2: It's awesome to see you.
Speaker 3: You're here because you have a special thing happening in your life.
Speaker 4: On February twenty fifth, you wrote a children's book and.
Speaker 3: It's coming out.
Speaker 4: It's called A Little Slugger's Guide to the Unwritten Rules of Baseball and Life.
Speaker 3: What's going on in this book.
Speaker 11: It's a long title, but you know, it's great to love it. It's great, you know, it's it's so fun. Just it's it's twenty rules about baseball that also apply to life. And it was kind of it kind of wrote itself, because you know, when you just start like making analogies to sports and life, it just is easy. I mean, it isn't life just a game anyway? And it's the you know, sports is what it's all about. So it kind of just it was a lot of fun. But you know, there's there's a little Samlott story and that first the first rule is about that, you know, the big fight scene on the fight scene, you know, on the Sam lot. Yeah, it wasn't originally my scene, but that morning the director changed it for me to be the guy because it was originally Benny Cool.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I just the first rule is always be ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I just you know what I was like looking down in the line that caught my eye as you're telling the stories you mix your whedies with your mama's toe jams.
Speaker 3: One of the greatest lives.
Speaker 5: It wasn't hard to learn the line.
Speaker 2: No, No, I know you have a couple kids yourself.
Speaker 12: I have three daughters who all play softball, and I know you have a couple of kids because we were at Lego Land.
Speaker 2: Together, No a few months ago.
Speaker 12: I don't remember last April, but we were next to each other in a couple lines. I didn't want to bother you at the time, but I saw you just being the proud dad that you are out of your kids. So I know you probably wrote a lot of the book with them in mind.
Speaker 2: Which rule resonates the most with you?
Speaker 5: I was just looking over that.
Speaker 11: I think there's four that do which is like number one is cool, and then I really like nineteen and.
Speaker 5: Twenty jump to the back and jump to the back say the best for the end.
Speaker 11: But twenty is just like, you know, call your shot, be willing to call your shot and take it, and you know, nineteen what is it.
Speaker 3: About the journey?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's just I don't know, there's just it is.
Speaker 11: About the journey because look, you know, the Eagles just won the Super Bowl, but it's over, and the things that they're going to remember is not necessarily winning, but it's about getting there and how they got there and being a team.
Speaker 5: And yeah, that's kind of how everything is. You know, you the win is great, but it's all about getting that.
Speaker 4: That was the refined part of the interview. Kyle, go ahead, I know what you're about.
Speaker 2: No, it's I think it's really cool to see you.
Speaker 10: Honestly, I feel like I've watched you for years and years and I know you're on Instagram now sick talk and you have the book and everything I have a eleven year old son and I just showed him The Sandlot a few months ago and he fell in love with it immediately. And I feel like he's going to show his son someday or his daughter. But there's a part in it specifically, we're.
Speaker 2: At the end. I was saying, you see that man there, Listen to his voice.
Speaker 10: He's the voice ice of Darth Vader. He's the voice of Mufasa, he's the voice of CNN. I didn't tell him that, but to take us back, if you would mind, just indulge us the James Old Jones experience.
Speaker 11: Look at this photo, the James Old Jerones experience. You know, we originally the scene is not a great photo looking how tall he is.
Speaker 5: We're so sure.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 11: The scene that where we all go into the house was originally written with all of us and the director had a lot of audibles.
Speaker 2: You like that.
Speaker 3: Welcome you tried to play.
Speaker 11: But he so James old Jones came on set and like he's physically bigger than all of us, but he was larger than life and everyone knew who he was, and he was a huge celebrity then and legend and so on the day he switched that scene to have none of us in it and it was just Benny and Scottie uh uh, because I think he was too embarrassed by us, like he was our big brother and knew that we were pains and you know, so he just put those guys in the scene.
Speaker 5: So I had we didn't. We barely met him.
Speaker 11: We just were like standing from Afar staring at James Earl Jones. But Marty Yorke, the kid who played Yeah, Yeah, I had the guts to go up to him and he said, excuse me, sir, are you James Earl Jones?
Speaker 5: And he looked at him and said, no, I am.
Speaker 2: Your father was hoping that he did it and he knew and that was you know, he did it for all of us, so it was great. End.
Speaker 5: I was too nervous to go up to him.
Speaker 11: It was you know, we had James Earl Jones, then we had Marley Shelton and she was too pretty for any of us.
Speaker 2: To go up the adults and.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but he was like the really, you know, we were scared of him because he's a comedian and you know, kids not really, but.
Speaker 5: Totally they were all like the adults were are scary to us, you know, for young teams.
Speaker 9: Patrick, we I'm over here in New York. We had Dennis Leary and Studio two weeks ago, and he came in to promote.
Speaker 2: His new show on Fox.
Speaker 9: But we ended up just going down his different movie rolls with him, and of course Sandlot's one of them.
Speaker 2: I do the same with you.
Speaker 9: I've got an eight year old son and we watched that Disney plus Apple Lot and like, I love the Sandlot, but we also.
Speaker 2: Mess with The Big Green. Talk about it. We mess with The Big Green, and you're great in that movie, and I think there's a lesson there when.
Speaker 9: You're envisioning all of the knights coming at you as a goaltender. This is like forty years back for you, I know, But like that movie's got a place in a lot of people's hearts too.
Speaker 2: With Gutenberg and the whole deal is good.
Speaker 9: What do you what do you remember working with the good Eltenburg And of course we call him Goldenberg here, remember sense The.
Speaker 11: Big Green was great. We were a little older. I think you said forty years ago. Definitely not forty.
Speaker 5: Holy moment, Yeah, maybe like twenty No, it might be twenty five he was amazing.
Speaker 11: Steve Gutenberg is maybe the nicest person on the planet. Like he randomly knows my wife from back in the day, and like, you know, I did two movies with him, but then I brought her in and it was like ten years later.
Speaker 5: He's like, hello, Jasmine, how are you? Like, how do you remember that guy?
Speaker 11: Like you guy during the Palisade fires. I think he was actually fighting fire, like right, I interviewed a man on the street and I don't think the reporter knew that it was No. He's actually like and you just follow his Instagram and it's just like good news every day and he just like spits out all sorts of good advice. Sometimes I'm like, Steve, it's too early, come on, can't you be annoyed about something? But he's great, and that's what I remember. Olivia Dabo was the our teacher in that and she was great. And then Shancy Squints was in that with me, so that yeah. Shaancey and I actually I think have done three movies together, all sports.
Speaker 5: We did a basketball movie that didn't see the light of day.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bo Jackson, you do everything that's incredible. We love well. You also as a Boston guy.
Speaker 10: All right, Massachusetts, New England, let's rip from the headlines here.
Speaker 2: Were you happy to see the Chiefs lose? You can admit it?
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, I'm not even Yeah, of course I didn't want to have another goat conversation with you guys like is Ei the goat?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 11: And I you know, Gronk even said when he was during the during the Super Bowl, he said, I'm gonna be honest, I'm the I've always thought I'm the greatest tight end and then said, but I think Travis Kelsey is an Come on, Gronk, you.
Speaker 2: Know, don't don't take things you can't take it back.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I I actually love Patrick Mahomes and they're fun to watch. But I finally realized what it was like for other people with the Patriots. I finally got it, and I never really understood. I was like, relax, it's they're great that you don't want to see greatness, And no, not three years in a row, you don't know, not three years.
Speaker 5: In a row. So I finally understood why everyone hated.
Speaker 11: I don't want to say I hated Casey, but I was okay that they didn't Patrick, So you go.
Speaker 9: Through this, and if you think back to being a kid and then being a young adult and then being a real adult watching those Patriots teams, which moment stands out most for you?
Speaker 2: It is like, gosh, this is just good living here watching these guys.
Speaker 11: Unfortunately, the truth is the helmet catch is still the one that seared in my brain because he could have had he could have had eight.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, we're selfish and we're you know, Mahomes.
Speaker 9: Patrick Mahomes said that he said the losses hurt more than the winds feel good.
Speaker 11: I will never forget where I was for the helmet catch when I went to my car, when I was just like I Also will never forget the when they lost to the Eagles, because I had a huge Super Bowl party at.
Speaker 5: My house and.
Speaker 11: Buddy of mine is from Connecticut, and I thought he was gonna come over and root and he comes in a Jets jersey. I'm like, well, And it was then that I realized that everyone in Connecticut is Jets fans.
Speaker 5: But for some reason, I just remember those things. It's sere it in my brain.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 12: A Little Slugger's Guide to the Unwritten Rules of Baseball and Life. We know that you're just starting out your book tour and you're going to be heading back to Boston soon. Mike Vrabel is heading back to New England. So Patrick, as you evaluate the current Patriots, Drake may looks legit. But what do you think about Mike Rabel returning back to lead the Patriots.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe it. I'm so excited.
Speaker 11: And he did so good with the Titans, like, yeah, I mean he was coaching them when they almost when when they went to the right, Yeah that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: But yeah, I mean, I'm I'm so excited, and I don't know. I think Drake may looks really good. So we'll see and they might get Samuels.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Samuel, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Isn't that tell us?
Speaker 3: Are you coming in here?
Speaker 5: And definitely they really want them.
Speaker 3: Well who doesn't, I know, I mean, Drake Maye's a couple of options.
Speaker 2: So I hear that.
Speaker 4: We love hearing you talk about all of your football fandom. People are continuously fans of you, again, not because just the films that you're doing, but also you're kind of killing it in the social media world. You have taken on this content creation world with your friends and particularly you can choreograph and execute.
Speaker 3: A dance move for quite some time. Take a look at this.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 11: Everyone hates that jersey because it's when Brady went to Tampa and I cut him in half and sewed them together. So on the back I did a little TikTok for the guys. Those are so choreograph by the way, those are super friends of mine. And the biggest guy on the right, his wife is. Her name's Lindsay Moore, Lindsay Bartleson. Now she does all the choreographing.
Speaker 4: So your buddy's wife choreography stances for.
Speaker 9: You and we do this.
Speaker 5: We practice for hours.
Speaker 11: That's like the actual thing you want to see is her screaming at her husband, mostly because he's the weak link. The guy on the left is his little brother, no, no, his big brother, and he goes too far. He thinks he's the Timberlake and I have to put him in his place. I'm justin right, I'm justin your lands basket, relax.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We have a GMF B tun on this show.
Speaker 4: Can we get Lindsay to choreograph ussefles like, can you come back?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? She?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, Lindsay.
Speaker 11: She was Lily on Grounded for Life, remember that show in the day. Yeah, so she doesn't she's they all moved to Texas. But she's she she's the choreographer and she's quite talented, like she's an actual you know she actually.
Speaker 4: I mean she turned you guys into tiktoks and stations.
Speaker 3: She sallented.
Speaker 5: That is quite the tax regular Dennie Allen.
Speaker 3: We're super proud of you. February twenty fifth, this comes out. Yeah, okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: It's The Unwritten Rules of Baseball in Life by Patrick Runnow you have to look, you have to read it, get it for your kids, and we're awesome.
Speaker 10: We need to know you.
Speaker 2: He's coming coming. I'm gonna get one.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get one.
Speaker 2: Mahomes is black. He steps up, he fires over the middle. But a dinner set them a dinner setting by Zack Bob.
Speaker 3: What I do, what I know?
Speaker 2: Paul is an unbelievable athlete. Where he leaves his feet, gets his hands.
Speaker 5: Under that football and has another interception.
Speaker 9: And Nick credit very rule.
Speaker 2: I told you you want your trick? Do you call that right? Dude dropped that practice. I dropped it in practice made that in a game.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Brown Deer, Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Falcons, They're probably very proud of Zach Bond.
Speaker 3: Sure, are you proud of Zach Bond? I don't even answer. I already know the answer, Buddy. We all are on g MF B ZAC gone. Everybody will be