Speaker 1: In Case You Missed It with Christina Williams is an iHeart Women's Sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. Welcome to another episode of In Case You Missed It with Christina Williams. Here on Iheartwomen's Sports and WNBA fans, I know that you are rejoicing because preseason basketball is here, and it's on national TV and we get to watch some damn good basketball. Also, we're entering into the second week of WNBA training camp and this part of the season, honestly, could be very heartbreaking because for some fans, some of your favorite players might not make the roster, they might get waived, and for some players on the other end, it might not be the end of their journey. And so I want you guys to in hell penexl because this is going to be one heck of a week and the WNBA as teams begin to finalize their rosters. So joining me this week to break down the latest headlines in and around women's basketball and also to give us some of the inside group from the Las Vegas Aces training camp is my girl, Callie Finn. She is a reporter for the Las Vegas Review Journal and I'm excited to get to talk to her. And then later on in the show, we have a special treat because we're gonna be talking all things WNBA expansion and what we can expect in twenty twenty six from the Toronto Tempo team president Teresa Rice. She's going to join the show to break it all down. So don't go anywhere So about brother Ado. Let us welcome in Callie Finn to break down the latest and the headlines. Callie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Don have you then, like, how's how's everything?
Speaker 2: You know, I've been great. I'm I've been like patiently waiting for WBA season. Being a reporter for a newspaper so wild because like covering the WNBA, Like there are so few reporters that have that as like their sole responsibilities. And so I mean I covered the whole college football season for you and all the then men's and women's basketball, and I've just been like, what are the ases going to start? And finally we're here. So I'm so excited because this is like the most fun part of the job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I'm always like whenever we have the off season, I'm like, I can't wait until the first day of the w All right, so making headlines this week, I guess we'll start with Asia Wilson. How can we not start with her? Nike unveiled the official commercial ads for Asia Wilson's signature basketball shoot, the A Ones. First of all, did you see the ads on social media?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh my goodness. I actually got to see it for the first time on TV during a playoff NBA playoff game because I wasn't on social media at all, like over the weekend, so we were just watching TV and I saw it and I was like, holy crap. And to see it on TV, I think is the best experience because you can really like take in the scope, like this is a magnificent storytelling effort. It's really it's a great representation of like who Asia Wilson is. I feel like you can watch that commercial and not know anything about her and like become a fan. That's what Nike commercials are supposed to do. So I'm like, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it absolutely well. My first time seeing he was scrolling up on social media. It went viral on social media and I was like, this is what the game has been missing. That authentic storytelling. As you said, Nike did a great job. But I did a little digging and I found out that the commercial was directed by Jin Kuu, who worked with Beyonce on Brown Skinned Girls, and then Malia Obama also direct it one of the ad spots as well. So I love the black girl magic. I love to see women in those positions. But as you mentioned, the Nike commercial was kind of a homage to her lineage. I saw that there was little nuggets and in the commercials you had her parents there. She paid homage to her grandmother. Don Staley was in the commercial as well. But for me, it felt nostalgic. It felt like an ode to black girlhood, and so I really enjoyed that. I feel like we haven't seen a Nike commercial like this since the early nineties, going back to like Cheryl swoops. But she got next. So I thoroughly enjoyed seeing great storytelling all around. And I'm excited for her shoe. Everyone got too to a pink auras, but kudos to Asia Wilson and that's a huge feat to be able to get your own Nike signature shoe. She's definitely changing the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's so funny too, because I went to South Carolina for her South Carolina, Georgia retirement, and like that weekend was so much about family and her heritage and so many beautiful things were like celebrated during that weekend. But she was also kind of celebrating the upcoming launch of her A one show. So Nike threw some events. They threw like a family event, and I got to go to that, and then I remember overhearing like somebody also like a media member before I got to the event, saying like I think I think that they're shooting something, like there's like A's just here, her family's here. I think they're shooting something. And I saw Malia Obama in the lobby of my hotel and I'm like what And I know that she's in film, and so I'm like putting two and two together, I'm like, this has to be like promotional for the A one. So I asked someone at Nike when I was at the family event. I'm like, hey, like, you guys are suit in commercial and I'm like talking all about it and all this stuff, and the Nike person was like what, no, no, no, that's that sounds crazy and I'm like, oh okay, Like I'm like, yeah, okay, that's completely crazy, but I knew it. I knew it, So I'm so glad that it came out, and like we all get to relish in it because it's so good and I'm good they kept it under wraps as much as they could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shoutout to Asis team and Nike for being able over the last few years, not only keeping the fact that she had a signature shoot a secret, but there almost have been no leaks of her shoe for the for the most part, for the most part, there's been no leaks, So shout I'm just so proud of her because she deserves and we talk about the superstars of the w Asha Wilson obviously, three time MVP is right up there, and so her business portfolio and her endorsements should match her accolades. So I'm so proud of her. All Right, Kelly, let's move on to the next thing. Let's go inside of the Las Vegas Aces training camp. I know you've been with the team a lot. In week one. What are some things that stand out to you about this Las Vegas Aces team.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think, oh, raw, big ticket, it's just how monks they keep talking about the energy of this training camping different from last year. I mean last year was my first year covering the team on a day to day basis, and I cannot stress to you how often it was mentioned that, like things were off from day one of training camp last season, and I think you could see that on the court, like there were times when you're like, they have the personnel to like win this and be dominating that they're not. They don't look like the aces that we've seen a lot of that was like energy and effort, and those are like those intangible things that are not always like fun to talk about when we're talking about sports, but you could see it with the aces last year. This year, literally from day one to training camp, everybody was like, wow, this is so different from last year. Like the competitive energy is there. Everybody seems grateful to be here. That's something that Becky Hamon and Ajel Wilson both said, which I thought was interesting, But like you can see that. I think a lot of that has to do with like the newcomers that they brought in the draft SE's and then even like the training camp contract signees. These people are hungry like they want to make the team, and I think that that changes the environment. It's like, I think it's gonna help. I mean, you saw the preseason game that they just played against the Wings that Notre Dame. That looked like a regular season game, you know, and obviously, like you can't pull too much of that because it's not a real regular season competition, But like, I like what I saw, and that's kind of like what I've been seeing at training camp.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely interesting that you say that. And we'll get into the preseason games a little bit later. But in the off season, the Aces made some additions and subtractions, most noticeably obviously that blockbuster trade at sant Jewel Lloyd from Seattle to Las Vegas eighth and Kelsey Qualm to La They also lost Lark Tiffany Hayes Saint Coulson, who was really a lot of energy for that Aces team. When you think about the additions and the pieces that they lost, how do you see these new pieces kind of fitting into Beckinghamon's system.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just telling somebody else, I mean Aliah and I really stands out to me. She was their number thirteen pick and she is like the pinnacle of like the three and D player that you would want and that the Aces kind of need, and I feel like they at their best, they've had some people fill that role really seamlessly, Like Alicia Clark did that really well. It was like she's gonna make an open shot, but she's also really smart defender, and that really spreads the floor for the team. So I think watching leeh and I in practice and then also see you in that preseason game, like she as soon as she got in she uh had a steal, leaked out for to get the ball, and then it was like as soon as she was passed the ball, immediate make and she was just like scoring machine. Seventeen points in your debut as a rookie is like significant. I feel like we're like talking about it, but we should be talking about it more. Like she looked like a pro out there. Obviously, this is no surprise, like she was a shooter at Alabama. She holds there like three point like season scoring record and all that, so this is not a surprise. But it's like the Aces should be taking her seriously, and I mean don't. I don't know how you don't give her a roster spot, so she's somebody. Also Crystal Bradford, like she is someone who just came off of like a really impressive Athletes Unlimited season, but she has like an energy that I think could be so interesting for the Aces because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Crystal, Crystal Radford is my gog okay, so you are exactly.
Speaker 2: I really like her energy and like what she brings on the boards even like that's big. Those are like you can't want to gain not rebound me. So I think that those are the two that really stand out to me. But I mean this is not to say that, Like I mean, there's so many, like you mentioned, like draft ees, and there's a lot to unpack when you look at the roster, Like even with Jewel Lloyd, you know, we're not seeing like what we're going to see from her, Like yes, that was her debut with the Aces, but everyone I've spoken to in that building is like, we're going to unleash a new Jewel Lloyd that nobody's seen and I'm excited to see that. I mean I can imagine, like we know what Jewel Lloyd is capable of. She was a twenty twenty three scoring champ, Like he is not someone to be we played out. She's definitely gonna make this team better. That's something that like, I think a lot of people kind of gloss over when they look at the change things that made the like yeah, they are Jowel Lloyd, but you know, and it's like, I don't think there's be aning butts like that's gonna make a huge difference. So I mean, overall, those are kind of like the big ticket additions to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm super excited about the Aces this season obviously, because you have Chelsea Gray who's going to be at full strength, who was dealing with a little bit of an injury last season. Kia Stokes as well was dealing with some rehab as well last season. Jackie Young in the off season at unleveled was also dealing with some injuries and trying to get back, so it looked like they were in mid season form honestly playing in the preseason game. I'm also excited to see Liz Kittley and how she fits into the system. She missed the entire season last year, So there's a lot of pieces that I'm excited to see personally. But I think that the Aces, when they're healthy, they can be dangerous because they have Asia Wilson. It starts and ends with Asia Wilson, I think obviously on both sides of the floor and her impact and what she can do. And we had a dinner with Asia Wilson courtesy of Boardroom at the Final four, and Asia did a panel or a fireside chat with Sydney Coleson and she was just like, look, I'm coming for everything this season. And so if you thought last year she she turns it up a notch, I think that this year we'll see a different side of Asia as well. But she definitely looks so confident, she's locked in and I'm excited to see what this Las Vegas Aces can do. So the ACE has also made some coaching changes and made some new additions to the coach and staff on the bench. I think it's interesting that Beckinghamon added a lot of coaches with NBA experience. What have you been seeing in terms of the development so far of some of the players and how they're working and adjusting with these new coaches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think what's stands out to me is the way, like her relationship with the coaches that she added, Like, didn't you like it's impacting the team before they eat them, like step foot on the corporate practices, like when they are looking for players to send in training camp invites to like Lucas the third he's one of the new player development coaches, and he like trained Daijah Kelly, like has experienced working with Dejah Kelly. So then when the ACIST sent out a training camp invite to Dejah Kelly, it's like, oh, that makes sense. They have a pre existing relationship he can continue to work with and like develop. That's like a real key for Becky. She and I spoke before this season about like in the WNBA it being so difficult to develop talent that you see potential in whereas like coming from where she's coming from in the NBA is not a problem at all because they have the G League, they have you know, injury resort, like you can do with all of these things that you can't necessarily do in the WNBA. So I think that like the addition to the staff like is key because they're going to try to like replicate some of those aspects that you see in the NBA. And that's also been a really successful model for her. And you know, previous seasons like you looking now in the Kase Tyler Marsh they also came from the NBA, just like Becky did. So I think that like the main thing, and this is something I remember even for my first sason covering the Aces, is that everybody who comes in Who's new talks about how it's like learning a new language. Like they talk about defense, and they talk about you know, offensive schemes a lot differently than other WBA teams do because they're using NBA terminology and they're approaching it the way that an NBA team would. And like I remember even watching an interview where Cannis Parker was like I needed like some time to adapt to that, and like for Canni's Parker to say that who was like the goat of goats in my book, like that says something about what that adjustment period is like. But you can see how her new additions are like shepherding you know, everybody through it. And so I think that that's going to be really interesting to watch, you know, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean I talked about Betty with DASA a while back when I did one of the cover stories with w SLAM, and she was one of my interview subjects and she and she did say how much you learned from coach Pop and how she was going to bring that into the w NBA. And as you said that it is a recipe for success when you look at her previous coaching staff and the model that she's implementing in Las Vegas. Other teams like the New York Liberty are starting to do that as well. They added Tony Rahman to their coaching staff, who's a defensive specialist. And I had this conversation with Cheryl Reeve a while back about the w NBA, as Becky said, not being a place necessarily where players can get developed. So it's very interesting to see how the game has evolved over the last two years or so where teams are starting to prioritize that where And I think it gives a little bit of relief to the players right where you're coming in. Obviously your professional athlete, you're going to do your best, but just to have that room to develop and grow, I think helps the team and helps the team's success as well. So I'm excited to see how that works out with all of the different coaching changes in Las Vegas. 're ever going to take a quick pause and when we get back, We're going to break down more headlines and around the wa with CALLI fans. Stay with us. The next topic is about the Golden State Valkyries waving the number seventeen overall pick in Chyenne Sellers. Fans were completely outraged by this pick. So, if you're listening, guys, trading camp is really tough. Some of your favorite players might be waved, but that's not the end all be all to that person's journey. Wave players can get picked up by other teams. We've seen a lot of injuries happen are around the league, and so there is still room in time for a player like Chayenne Sellers to get picked up. Yeah, so do you think that it was too soon a move for the Valkyries to let go of Chyenne Sellers. Now, the fans were saying that why didn't they let her play in a preseason game on Tuesday? She deserved it. She deserved it. Coach Natalie Nicasa said she wanted to bring some clarity to the issue. She issued a statement to Kendrick Andrews at ESPN and said that Chayanne picked up everything that they asked her, and she did all the things, but they have to choose the best twelve that's going to fit. And it doesn't mean that it's the most talented player. It means it's the best twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I actually did see all that, and you know, I get caught up quickly. So when I did lock back on, I saw that I was genuinely confused. And I try not to like judge or critique. That's something I think being a beat writer teaches you because it's like you're seeing people make tough decisions on a day to day basis and like they know things that I don't know and stuff like that. But from the outside looking in, like I'm confused by that move you draft Chiane Cellars, what was she like the number seven.
Speaker 1: Seventeen seventeen take? Like that's not nothing, you know, like it's in to.
Speaker 2: Me, It's like why not, like see what you have? And also like the explanation doesn't quite make sense to me, Like you you just cited it. She says, like she picked up everything that we asked her to, and it's not about like she's not she's saying that, Like, you know, Chianne Seller is not necessarily not one of the most talented but she's not one of like the best, but it's just it's confusing, and so I think that to me, it makes me wonder, like what is really like the driving factor behind the move. I feel like we don't necessarily have that information, but I do think, like you said, this is like it tis the season, like we're gonna see a lot more like we just saw Bree haul waved by the Indiana Fever. If she's not picked up by another team, I'll be mad, you know what I mean. And same thing if we as Chyanne Sellers. It's like, those are players that you want to see in the league. That's like the whole point of this. It's like players that you're so excited to have watched in college and you want to see a transition. This is why I think a lot of times we talk about, you know, league expansion, we need more teams and new cities, and I'm like, we need roster expansion, Like just give give us like two more raw spots. It would change everything, especially now because the WBA is expanding the amount of games they played in a season, So you're gonna ask them to do more and put more shit on our body with the same twelve maximum players, Like, that's kind of kind of crazy. Again, not trying to judge, but I just think it's like a little whild So yeah, I thought that move was like just a little head scratching, head scratching.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And Cheyenne Sellers her dad, Brad Sellers, also issued a statement on X. He said, quote, bring in some clarity to your questions. And he's referring to the fans where we're like, what is the reason is she injured? He says at Cyenne Teller's is one hundred percent healthy, cleared by two different medical teams Terpswomen's Basketball and Valkyries before training camp begins. Job is moving fine, playing well, and make good relationships in the locker room, just like Maryland. Back to work end quote. So her dad is clearing the air real quick. He's like, look, I know that she was dealing with a little bit of a knee issue in college, but that's just simply not the case. She cleared two medical teams and she's ready to play. And So to your point on you talk about roster expansion, I think that it's impossible to do right now because of the current CDA. So as we know the current CBA gives little to no wiggle room four teams to go beyond that hard salary cap, and so that's probably one of the things that's going to be negotiated in the new CBA coming in twenty twenty six is to ease off of that hard salary cap so that teams are able to do that. And I think that once there's more our teams are able to do more with their salary, then you can talk about roster expansion. Also, the CBA says the maximum game TA can play onder the CBA is forty four games, and so the league is going to take advantage of that, right, Like, why not take advantage of the momentum bring it to forty four games? But I think that if you bring the rosters to fourteen or even fifteen players, maybe like the NBA, then you have to increase the minutes. You can't play a forty forty minute game. You have to increase a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of the minute.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I agree with forty eight forty eight, forty eight minutes and fifteen.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's necessary. I mean, I really I think you look at a normal WBA season and you can see, like the there's space for more players. Like, yes, I it's tight, you know, forty minutes a time, But like you have injuries, you have all these different things that happen, like I don't think we need to make the game longer. I don't. We don't think we need to add any more like it.
Speaker 1: I agree with you that okay, So leave it at leave it at forty, and use the extra three players for injury reserve. They can practice with the team, learn the schemes, just keep them in the pocket.
Speaker 2: They travel, they do all the.
Speaker 1: Things, and you just keep them DMP DMP until sometimes where I'm not with it to a player. Maybe that's that's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Like people get sick, like I look at even like like Jackie Young covering the Aces last season, like she had I want to say, like at least three games throughout the season where she was just like sick and still playing. And I think maybe if you have like a deeper roster, Jackie might have the confidence to be like, actually, I will just be sick and set this one out. Like you know, that's not even an injury. It's not like a long term thing. It's just like one game or something. But that's an opportunity for one of those extra players to maybe come in and like make a difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I had someone also ask me the other day. They were like, well, why does a WNBA do three rounds of the draft if you're not even sure if the top players are going to make it onto a roster. And I'm just like, look, that's beyond my pay grade to answer, because it really doesn't make sense right to do that. And every year players are fighting for a spot, whether you have a protected contract, whether it's unguaranteed, whether it's a training camp contract, you're fighting for a spot every single year. Unless you're like at the top one percent of players like the Asian Sives, the Brionna Stewart, you know your contract is guaranteed, you ain't going nowhere. It's like, what is the point? So hopefully they can find some balance in twenty twenty six with the new CBA to one be able to have a little bit of security and also wiggle room to be able to pay players what they deserve but also sign more talent. All right, going into the next topic in and around the league injury report, who's out and what's next? So the latest player to suffer an injury, a season ending injury is Katie Lou Samuelson or the Seattle Storm. She suffered a torn acl in practice and so she joins Georgia Horston who suffered the same injury and the off season at applete unlimited and Nikomo Will also suffered a similar injury. She's out for the season for the Storm, so they're down three players right now. And what's unique about this situation is Katie Luke got hurt while with her WNBAT and so that means that they can either waive her or they can kind of keep her with the team. Either way, her contract is going to count towards their overall salary cap. Or as a player like Georgian Horsten who got injured in the off season not with her WNBA team, they can suspend her and it won't count towards the salary cap. So if I'm the Seattle Storm and I'm down for the players, I think that you know, you look at what you have in terms of the training camp contract that you have signed, but also who's going to be in that pool of Wave players that can make an immediate impact and help. So maybe the Storm they waited out until the end of this week or mid week and they pick up some players, we're going to be in the way talent pool. What do you think about about the latest with the Seattle Storm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think it's interesting because the Storms, the team are like they have so much going for them, even if you just look in the front court, you know what I mean, Like they number two picked on Nick Bolonga, Like they have the potential to have like the US maybe post depth in the w BA to year, you know what I mean. But you mentioned the injuries. That's it's like it's a kind of a question mark on like just how they'll proceed. And I think what you're suggesting would be the best course of action. It's like, wait to the end of this week because I bet you there's gonna be a whole bunch of creds. I even look at like the Aces guard situation, Like there's a lot of guards on the Aces that could maybe be appealing to the Storm depending on just how things pan out with the Aces roster building. And like it's not just the Aces, Like there are a few teams if you look around the league where they have talent that needs spots, and so I think, I don't know, the Stormer to me, maybe are like kind of a sleeper team. I know that, like in the trade losing Jewel Lloyd, But like if you look at kind of stuff they added, like oh Ushah Clark, who we were just talking about earlier, and you know, they made some really interesting moves, and so I think like they these moves that they make to kind of replace their injured players are going to determine kind of like where they stand in like championship contention. Dare I say, I know it sounds kind of crazy. I don't think anybody's talking about the storm and in terms of like championship contention. But I feel like if they make the right moves, it's not out of the question. I don't know if that's why it's crazy. That might be like a hot take.
Speaker 1: I mean it it's not far fetched, right. You have Gak whose single handley was on a lot of people's MVP lists in the votings last year, Skyler Diggins, who is now back in her normal form. She's comfortable. We saw a little bit of what they could do yesterday against Connecticut and the preseason, and so you add Dominique lalonga as Ezie as well. Those are some really solid pieces to make a run. This is a defensive heavy team, but they also have a lot to say on an offensive end, so it's not far fits to think that they can definitely contend. This is a team full of veterans. Alicia Clark knows what it takes to win. Neko Gumaka has been there before. She knows what it takes to win. So president I think that they could possibly be a sleeper team heading into this twenty twenty five season. Also on the injury report. Over the weekend, the New York Liberty hosted a media appreciation day, and to everyone listening, I was supposed to be there. I was offered a training camp contract, like when you turned it down in you didn't show up to camp, and unfortunately I couldn't show up to camp on the rest of the media members. So I was having major fomo. But Jonathan Coleb in a press conference addressed the media and talked about hinting at suspending Benigja Laney Hamilton for the twenty twenty five season. Again, I mentioned earlier that she suffered her knee injury at Unrivaled and so if she is suspended. Going back to that salary cap and looking at how the New York Liberty would want to proceed, her salary would not count against the New York Liberty's cap at all. And that's one hundred and eighty five thousand dollars that you can then spend on either a big named players or a couple of players to get them onto that New York Liberty roster. And from what I understand is if a player is injured during their time in a mill and Mill will cover their salary. I think that that's what. Yeah, so this will win win. She still gets paid for her season, and the New York Liberty can add some major pieces to their roster to defend their title. And so I think that with Benigelanne Hamilton being out, obviously she was, She's a huge part of the DNA and heart of the New York Liberty team defensively what she can do on the offensive end as well, and so obviously a huge loss. But when I look at the roster and what and what they have in particular, you have players like Marine Johannes who's returning, Rebecca Gartner as well, I feel like Waoni Piebach will take a huge leap this year. She was a huge part of that finals game against Minnesota, and so it sucks that Benijelano Hamilton will possibly out for the whole twenty twenty five season with her injury, but I would rather her rehab get better than rushing deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you. It's kind of like a it's like a weird way to say it in the scope of like an injury situation, but it's almost like a gluttony of riches for the Liberty because, like you said, they have like this money that they could potentially make it a bit different, like you're the raigning champions and then you can like make a huge edition. Obviously it's it's a loss, but Benija was great and for them and like contributed to that title. So I don't know, but to me, it's like it's almost like the rich get richer, you know what I mean, Like they they're already the champions now they could potentially add somebody else. So I don't know how that's gonna pan out, But I think I mean, Jonathan coleb is like a really good GM obviously, like he's been you know, WB executive the year or stuff like that. He's gonna do something interesting.
Speaker 1: I know that Julie always has something up his sleeve. But I think the overall thing and theme that I'm getting to with this injury report is ACL injuries and knee injuries are becoming very very common common these days with NBA athletes, and I know that there's a lot of science that goes behind it in terms of what are you doing in off season and the injury history sneakers, even in how athletes are fitted for the speakers in different things. So I'm interested to seeing the science behind all these ACL injuries. Georgia Amore also missing the twenty twenty five season due to ACL injury as well, so the Mystics might pick up another guard to fill that position, maybe Shyanne Sellers. I don't know, but it's very interesting to see that happening in and around the league. All Right, So I want to move on to the w NBA preseason reactions. There was a lot of really great games over the weekend, started on Friday throughout Sunday. Some more coming this week as well. The Mystics, they did well against Indiana. They definitely held their own. That game went to overtime. Now granted Indiana did not have Kitlyn Clark. They do not have Kitlyn Clark. And I think that what was funny about the debates that I was seeing online was like Ceey Johnson wasn't trying to win the game, but Stephanie White was trying to win the game.
Speaker 2: It's like that.
Speaker 1: It's it's a game, Like why wouldn't you want to win and do everything you can to win. Some people kind of criticize Stephanie White's usage of her starters in preseason and wanted to see the rookies get a little bit more burned. But that was a very exciting game. I think that we saw great flashes from Song to Centron as well. The mystics rookies were definitely holding it down.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I mean it's so funny. I said, like Kiki are fin became like a huge subject after that game. But stuff like that is like, I guess why the league is fun, And I think it's funny to see a rookie be kind of like on the opposite end of the discussion of like aggression to the WBA, like the physicality of the game and things like that. But like part of that is like this is why we watch Like these women are so physical and like it's serious. You mentioned like you know this is preseason, like the approaches were different.
Speaker 1: Lahl lah lah, Like.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to win. I don't really care what the coaches say, like they want to win. And even like when you're seeing the Fever utilize their starters super heavily, like Becky Hammond talked about that with the Aces against the Dallas Wing. She played her starters really heavily and afterward I asked her about it and she was like, we're trying to get better, Like this is like one of few opportunities to improve. If the starters are not like firing at all cylinders, what are we gonna do? Like the rookies are not gonna we can't even talk about evaluating our reserves if our starters are not where they need to be. So I think that, like this is what we watch for. And that's a physic cool thing about being a WBA fan or somebody that covers a WNBA. You're watching preseason games and you're seeing stuff that you might normally see in the regular season. It's not like this in the NBA, in the m NBA, as the people will say these preseason games are not taken the same way. Preseason games in the NBA are like an opportunity to maybe get a glimpse of like the type of player that a team is getting. Like, no, that's not what it's like in the w Like this is like we're getting started, We're ramping up. And I think that Mystic Speaver game was a great example.
Speaker 1: What of Kiki And I totally forgot about that, but it's like a meme everywhere, Like yes, she was like I'm not having a welcome to the w moment. She just asserted herself and like I'm here now, what kind of thing? So I love the aggression. I love this spiciness. Indiana ended up winning that game over the Mystics in overtime. Former ACES assistant.
Speaker 4: Ti marsh his Chicago's guy beat the Brazilian national team, And I think what I loved about this game one is the WNBA hinting at globalizing the game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We know that some WBA players like Camilla Cardoza, she plays on the national team, So being able to just see a national team come in and kind of minute what the NBA does. The NBA also does some of these games as well in their preseason where they invite a team from overseas to come and play in the NBA in the preseason to get the teams ready. But how great was it to see that big duo in Angel Rees and Camilla back Elizabeth Williams who had a really really solid season and Athletes Unlimited coming back off of an injury, and then Haley vandlydth she made her rookie preseason pro debut as well. So lots of great flashes from the Chicago sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Keler Marsh was like a man with a plan, you know, he took that job in Chicago, s guy because he knew that there was like big potential in that front court alone, you know what I mean. But then they have like some really really exciting guards, like you have Courtney Vanderslout and then you have Haley Bandlid like potentially learning under her and all this, Like there's such an interesting team and like you mentioned, it's just like cool to see them. And then it's like the globalization, but it's also like the it's like the continuation of the college fandom, like going back to LSU aces, going back to Notre Dame and you have, like the Fever going to Iowa. Like those are things that I think really bridge a gap for the w And that's how like growth continues because college fans are the diehards, you know, They're the ones that you know, they're wanting to see their players succeed and continue as pros. And I think it's a really smart move for so many teams in the league to be embracing that and also embracing like you mentioned, like these global teams and like global audiences.
Speaker 1: And I love if the Chicago's Guy this season and often it acquire some really good vets. You mentioned Courtney Vandersloot. She's obviously about to pass super this season if she reaches that and all time and assists, and I feel like the Chicago's Guy needed a plank guard who can make post entry passes. You have to hear your bigs in a way where it's effective and they can make an impact. And who better else to get than Courtney Vanders who won a championship in twenty twenty one with the Sky. And then you bring in keya Nurse, Rebecca Allen, all of these great vets who can teach the young players. You know, the ropes in the ins and outs, and also they have a lot in them and it can still make an impact. Obviously, the New York Liberty is gonna miss Courty Vandersloop, but they got a dog and Natasha Cloud this past offseason as well. We talked about Page a little bit earlier. What were your first impressions of her pro debut?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think people will look at like the ten points and be like, oh, that was a quiet debut, but it wasn't. She looked really confident out there, and like that's saying a lot like she she looked strong. I think a lot of like the plays that she created. I was like, yes, okay, this is a glimpse of what we're gonna see. I just am like curious to see how I want to see her and Arik A Gombule more like, I don't feel like I got to see a lot of Rik in that preseason game. So that's kind of like where my curiosity remains with Page. I think that's a huge key, Like that's a really that's a lot of talent in your back court, so it's like you want to see it at its best, and obviously that wasn't going to be in the first game that they played together. But I thought she looks great. It was really cool to see her. There was like one moment where she and Asia were lined up with the free throw line and they were like joking, and it was just like, dang, like this is crazy, Like she's really in the league and like she's holding her own. So I can't imagine looking at that debut and having concerns about what Page will be able to accomplish in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it looks like the Wings are still trying to figure out how the offensive system is going to work. They have eight new players on their team, there's only three returning players, and so they have to figure it out. They have a new coach as well, so there's a lot of things that Chris Cloklane has to figure out in terms of how he wants to create his system. And so I think that obviously in preseason will see them work out the clink the kinks. But a player that surprised me with JJ Quinnoley oh yeah, boom that deepens. Yeah, is just so confident and how she's moving on the court very pro ready have missed the steps since college and she doesn't make the team. I'm gonna be like, what still of the draft, for sure, But I'm excited to see how the Dallas Wings, just how they progress over the season. Do I expect them to win a championship? No? Do they have the pieces to contend? Yes, they acquired DJ Nate Carrington, who.
Speaker 2: Made that face.
Speaker 1: They have the pieces. DJ Nate Carrington most improved player, can play defense really well. Erique finally has a point guard who can facilitate pass first, who's efficient. I feel like Page doesn't necessarily have to have to score to be effective. She can also play really really good defense Maisha heinz Allen. They got to figure out where that's gonna work. Obviously, I want to see Tierre McCowan be a little bit more aggressive and just be more more confident and and what she can do on the She was a top pick in her draft class, and I just want to see her have a breakout year as well. But you know, it's to be determined what the Dallas Wings. Yeah, all right. My final question for you, Kelly is I like to end this segment with asking our guests to tell me one thing that has brought them joy this week.
Speaker 5: So what's one thing that's brought you joy this week. One thing that's brought me joy this week. I think I'm gonna say it's that photo of Dejah Kelly that resurfaced where she's posing with Becky Hammond as like a really young girl, and then Becky Hammon showed it to her at Hayes's practice and Deja looked so like embarrassed by it, But that's so adorable to me.
Speaker 2: That's like what this is all about. I was like that little girl being from Sacra Mino. We had the monarchs when I was growing up, and that's how I felt like around the women that made that team what it was, and like that's that brings me joy. That's like the whole point. You know, already chambers are the time abut dubbing bass so important, but like it is like, as a young black girl who loves sports to be able to look up and see people from you know, not just being like a black girl, but like they're Becky Hammond, for example, is not black, but you get what I'm saying. It's like these are women who aren't cheating incredible things and you get to you know, it's aspirational, and I think that that's just super fun. So for me, Desha Kelly has like a little babyface. Just cheesing with Becky Hammond brought me joy this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dasha was on the show, I think in her final week of being at Oregon, and she told that story of seeing the San Antonio Stars when she was younger and she went undrafted and everyone's like, oh, it's over, it's over, and I'm like, wait, you don't know might pick her up. So what a full circle moment that was for Daisia to then get picked up and signed to the Las Vegas Aces and kind of get to learn from one of her heroes growing up. It kind of brings it into more a tangible thing that if you see it, you can definitely be in this league. So what is that moment? I love that that brought you joy this week? CALLI Thank you for joining us this week on In Case you missed It with Christina Williams, and thank you for helping me break down this week's headlines.
Speaker 2: Thanks Christina, this was so fun. We should do it again.
Speaker 1: You're always invited girl for sure. Make sure you follow Kelly on all of her social media and check out all of her latest work. With the Las Vegas Review Journal. She's gonna be covering the Aces all season. So if you're an Aces fan or if you're just a sports enthusiast, make sure you tap in with Calli. Thank you so much. Thanks all right, I just want to thank Calli again for joining us this week to break down the headlines. When we return to the show, we're gonna be joined by Toronto Tempo president Teresa Rich, so stay with us. As we know, the WNBA has never been more popular and expansion plans are always so exciting. We know that there are three new teams come into the WNBA within the next two years. The Golden State Valkyries are debuting this season and a few weeks actually, and in twenty twenty six, the Toronto Tempo joins the league, as well as the Portland expansion team. So to fill us in on how things are coming together, is Toronto Tempo President Teresa Rich. Welcome to the show, Excited to be here, excited to have you. So we always start the show with asking our guests their earliest basketball memory. So I want to know what's your earliest basketball memory. What was that thing that made you fall in love with the sports.
Speaker 6: So I grew up in rural Minnesota, like a country, like twelve hundred people are my hometown. I have three siblings, older brother, older sister, younger brother. And what I remember is my dad had put a hoop on the top of our garage and there was a driveway and then there was the sidewalk, and then like the second driveway before we go to the street. I remember being out there playing lightning like knock out with my siblings, and if you made the basket, it would swish and then it hit the bottom of a garage and bounce.
Speaker 2: Back to you.
Speaker 3: So it's always really important that if you could make make it.
Speaker 6: So those are my earliest memories played with my siblings, and it was always that we drew a free throw line and then if you could make it to the three point of that mean you're on the other side of the sidewalk. And I can still remember those those different marks that we played together. And it was always girls versus boys, because you know, the boys were the oldest and the youngest and the girls were the middle, so it was it was great. It was a lot of fun growing up with them and playing. So those are my earliest memories.
Speaker 1: So how does one go from growing up on a farm in Minnesota to being a president of an expansion w NBA team.
Speaker 6: Oh, man, I think it's been It's been a lot of luck. But you know, luck is when preparation meets opportunity. I firmly believe that. So I definitely I did no I wanted to work in sports. Honestly, I thought i'd work in agriculturalis what my entire family had done. I'm six foot tall, so in a small town, I got to play all the sports. Nobody got cut. And I had a really great volleyball coach growing up, and she did a great job of teaching me and a lot of my classmates about the game. And I ended up playing in university, and there was really the first time I realized, like, you can have a career in sports that's not being a coach or a player. So at that point I was at Division two school, I was like, Okay, I knew that I wasn't going to be an athlete or a professional athlete of any kind. But I used that experience to like just gain more of a worldview of how the sports world works, and did a graduate degree in Florida, and then did an internship as part of that degree at Disease Wide World of Sports, and that's where I first got exposed to basketball at a professional level. So we hosted the draft combine. I ended up getting a job there through that connection at the league office, so I had my first job ever, full time career job at the age.
Speaker 3: Of twenty six.
Speaker 6: So I got a little late start, but moved to New York City and that's been my career in sport and specifically basketball started, and it's been an incredible journey. I think more than anything, I have an incredible curiosity and it served me well.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that was kind of like one.
Speaker 6: Of my superpowers until more recently when I've realized, like all those questions I've asked, all the curiosity I have have really prepared me to sit in this chair because man to be president of an expansion team, I've never Many things that I do on a daily basis I've never done before, but just like curiosity and the accumulation of a lot of different experiences have really helped me kind of manage what we're undertaking here at the tempo.
Speaker 1: It's so amazing how playing sports can prepare you for like the c suite or to be an executive in sport, and just your journey is just so interesting. I know that a lot of WNBA fans are so excited for this new expansion team coming to Canada in twenty twenty six. I think it was proven in the WNBA preseason games in Canada where they sold out in twenty minutes and the big crowds that came out. What has these last two years been like for you, just bringing together everything to prepare the league for this new team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been in an incredible experience. So, as I mentioned, I'm from the States, but I moved here to work for the Trial Raptors in twenty thirteen, so I've been here for twelve years, got in my dual citizenship, and it's an interesting culture up here, and it's very very similar to any great North American city. But there's this incredible pride, nationalism I guess about being Canadian and embracing those things. And we've seen it play out up here for years in just the way that they support their Olympians, specifically female Olympians, in a way that you know isn't necessarily the normal across the world, and they've never had professional sports appear at all. There's been golf and tennis, individual there was a hockey league that you know, fledgling here and there, but in the last three years, the entire landscape has changed. So the PWHL kicked off in twenty January one of last year. The NSL Northern Super League, which is a Canadian professional women's soccer league, kicked off just last week and we're going to tip off in twenty twenty six. So it's an incredible time to be in women's sports in Canada and it's really your reflection of the movement that's happening around the world. I knew that through the research, we knew that this was going to be successful. Like you mentioned, a couple sold out preseason games. But what's been really exciting is how well received everything we've done has been. We knew it would be good, but this has exceeded all expectations. So now we just can't wait to get some players and get on the court.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I love the eye idea of the Toronto temp though being Canada's team, I know that you all will play at the Coca colaam Coliseum, but the idea that this is going to be Canada's team. Can you talk about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're really privileged to be able to do that. So we talk about the Raptors and the Blue Jays. They're definitely Canada's team because they're the only ones in those professional sports. But they were always there right There was the Expos, there was the Grizzlies, and we have the opportunity to truly be Canada's team from the very beginning. It was great to work with the league on that as well. They saw the opportunity and provided us some different rights to territories and commercial rights that they hadn't granted to other teams through an agreement.
Speaker 3: So we're really looking forward to leaning into that.
Speaker 6: We look forward to playing regular season games outside of Toronto, something that in other sports hadn't happened.
Speaker 3: But really excited this year August.
Speaker 6: Fifteenth, a regular season game between Seattle and Atlanta will happen in Vancouver. So very excited that they're testing the waters. A lot of excitement on the West Coast around WNBA. So I'll be out there and hopefully a lot of a lot of your listeners and fans will be out there too. Chickets haven't gone on sales, so hopefully we keep that run of selling out these these not preseason games anymore, just games in Canada quickly.
Speaker 3: But yeah, be in Canada's team is.
Speaker 6: Really important because we believe we can be two things, right, We can be aspirational.
Speaker 3: So many women have come to me that.
Speaker 6: Are really peers of mind, right, like late thirties, early forties, that have said I never thought this would happened in my lifetime, and I kind of look at them like, man, we're young, Like you don't have more confidence in this. But it's been really eye opening because even though they are connected and played basketball, there's great infrastructure here. The national team has been really competitive for years. There just wasn't anybody that they could point to and see. So very aspirational. And then the other thing is just young next jed.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: So you look at the Raptors organization I worked for, and they talk about that effect that's had so thirty years ago at launch, and you look at how many Canadians are now in the NBA and how they were impacted directly by the existence of the Raptors. So we feel like the Temple is going to have that impact as well on girls and women in this country.
Speaker 1: What's been the most fun part about the launch for you?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, too many to name. It's been incredible. Like I said, so many, it's the feedback has been so positive. I mean there's so many, but I'd say like the little ones, like when you see tempo gear like out in the wild, when you know it's not someone that works for the tea and you see it now I'm seeing it over and over again, Like that's really cool. Like to see it and know that those people have embraced your brand before there's any players or any coaches or anything.
Speaker 3: That's been kind of a pinch me moment, might.
Speaker 1: Have to say from personal experience, I really love how connected you all are to the community beyond just candid. I know last year you all dat a campaign where you had a couple of people, including myself, were some of those Toronto Orange twitties and we were just talking about this. I remember Donovan Mitchell stopping me at a WNBA gameing like, hey, how did you get that sweatshirt?
Speaker 2: Can I get one?
Speaker 1: And just how tuned in everyone is from the NBA side, f WNBA side, and from WNBA fans being already engaged. So we all were there in December when the name of the team leaked on the WNBA website. How did you all pivot your strategy in terms of the name launched when that happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, you this is sports, so you can never predict what's going to happen. So it was great as like we were ready for that, you know, like to say we're totally ready as a false but like we knew there was always a chance that it was going to get out before we had planned it. And the biggest thing is you can't push production. So there was a point when we knew we'd have gear ready and we didn't, But we still went because we thought we had an incredible story to tell. We had a really great video that could serve as really the launching spot. We had a lot to talk about. We were excited about the name, honestly, Like it ended up being about six weeks prior to when we had originally planned. We wanted to do the name and logo in line with the merchandise when I was ready. So in a way, I look back now and like, I don't know how we would have kept it a secret over six more weeks.
Speaker 3: So things always play out the way they should have been.
Speaker 6: I think we had a great, great launch in December. We were able to come after the new year and talk about our very first partner, Sephora, and then a Humble, and then the next week after that talk about our great merch so we were able to get more hits. So yeah, nothing goes as planned in sports. I think we have to be ready to always pivot. But overall, it was really well received. I mean, not everybody loved it. I mean, if you have a name and everybody loves it, you probably also did something wrong. But I think that we had started that whole process focused on transparency. So we had launched and Name your Team dot caa campaign asked for people's inspiration. We have a podcast ourselves called Bringing Home the w that follows the process every step.
Speaker 3: Of the way.
Speaker 6: We shared all the names and why we didn't choose Home and really wanted to be transparent, and we just kept that going throughout the process. And I think that fans really appreciate that and they lean into it, and they also get a little bit of an inside scoop of.
Speaker 2: How things work, you know.
Speaker 6: I think like they have a whole television series and podcasts about how things work. People want to know, they want to peek behind the curtains. So that's what we were trying to do on the podcast, and I think even though it wasn't on our timeline, it was the right thing to do and it was well received and we've been riding high ever since.
Speaker 3: I guess with a fast tempo.
Speaker 1: Of how you all are able to involve the fans and the process and give them behind the scenes with the podcast and all the different launches. What have you guys learned from the Valkyries, Because this is a team that has already been through the expansions, wrap been through their first WNBAH REP and set to launch in a couple of weeks. What have you guys learned from them and watching their process?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: First, first, or foremost is they are incredible partners. There's one thing that has has been really reassuring since since we joined the league in May of last year, and that is that we are all in it together. Leadership on all the team, you know, I think it might be a little different on the basketball side, to be honest, but all the presidents I have dialogue with them they respond. They are sharing of a lot of information and obviously, like you said, the Valkyies are going through it a year before us, so there's a lot of insights that they've shared with us that have helped us along the way, and we're going to do the same with Portland and anybody else that joins the team, because we all know know that we're better together.
Speaker 3: So it's it's great.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I recently saw that you both have in common is the support partnership. The Valkyries have their own separate support partnership and then you guys have your Support Canada partnership. What does it mean to you to have like a front facing pre d brand sponsor a sports team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're really excited that we could announce them as the very first partner of our team. It's a category that a lot of times does not take front and center of sports, but our alignment is so perfect and they are very excited about it. They're very competitive, Like you said, our partnerships with Sephora Canada. The Valkyries is with Sephora US or North America. I'm not exactly sure how they designate it. So they're competitive, competitive with each other too, which I think just makes us all better.
Speaker 3: So we're a really excited to partner with them.
Speaker 6: We have lots of ways in that we can play and it's been really well received by just the public too. Like I think a lot of our our fan base and belonging that's so important to them. Uh really, the beauty of sport that's important to them is also important to us. So what's great is that because we're expansion, we can build together so a lot of different ideas and ways to show up for both the team directly as well as our fans. So it's you know, lots to come there and stay tuned. But it was exciting to highlight a category that is usually overlooked in sports sponsorships.
Speaker 1: In what ways can can our fans get a little a little sneak peek of what to.
Speaker 6: No, I can't give away all the goods right now, but you'll you'll see you'll see them show up in ways across sport that you would you would expect, you know. Like I said, belonging is an important part of what they're about, and uh, we we love to lead into that.
Speaker 1: All right, chall I'm having so much fun with this conversation with Teresa, But we gotta pay some bills, so we're gonna take another quick break and when we get that, the fun returns. Looking ahead to twenty twenty six, you all hired Monica Wright Rogers as the general manager. She comes from the Phoenix Mercury. Talk about that move and what's the strategy going into twenty twenty six. One knowing that there is a new CBA that's currently being negotiated, and two also knowing that there gonna be a lot of free agents next year, how do you approach that as a new expansion team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what a time to be in the w Right like super exciting about the opportunity.
Speaker 3: We have to grow the game in Canada and build a team.
Speaker 6: You know, I'll let Maka come on your show and give you all the all the goods. But I think generally the reason what we hired her and fell in love with Monica is that she has a ton of experience as a player, as a coach, as an administrator of a talent evaluator, and she really believes in starting a team with incredible people, both in the people that she's hiring in the staff as well as the people on the court. She stated many times that she's gonna work very closely with the coach to figure out style of play. You know, does that lead by what we want? Is it led by players? Like you said, the economics and the rules within what we play is there's a potential for it to be changed. So you're not going to make any assumptions until we know. But I don't think there's a better time to be entering the league than right now. So we're really excited about it. There's some un certainty, which is always tricky, but it's overall really exciting and excited to be abillity with Monica for sure.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I'm kind of interested in hearing your perspective on is obviously in the US currently there is a heightened social political cli i'mant right now, and the relations between US and Canada you often see so much in the news and the news and the news. I'm not talking about tariffs, but like from a business perspective, how do you see that kind of impacting the launch of this Toronto Tempo team or the expand chain or the relations.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's interesting, Like the dynamic we were always going to be different, right It was the first team ever outside of the us SO team in Canada and specifically Toronto is always going to be different. And I use different on very very specifically, because it's not better or worse. There's just certain things that are going to be different. And I think you can probably say that about any team in the league. New York is not Minneapolis, which is not San Francisco, which is not Dallas, and so the things that are different here just have to do a lot with that. We're a different country and I look forward to people exploring it. You know. Like I said, I worked for the Raptor for eleven years and for that all the teams had been there annually, right they come to play a games wherever in the w as I got to go to Final Four. Incredible experience and just talking with people in the industry I was. I was in Phoenix last year for the for the All Star and in people that it was basketball. You know, a lot of them haven't been up here. So I'm really excited to play house to a lot of new visitors to Canada and really tell them what it's all about, show them what it's all about up here. Excited about the opportunity to grow the game like we are a global nation, so many new Canadians from all over the world, and what's great is those people latch onto new and exciting things in Canada. So we know that a quarter of our fans are New Canadians, which means that they're telling the wmba story or story across the globe. So we truly want to be Canada's team, but more than anything, we think that we're a gateway to the world for this league.
Speaker 1: And lastly, before we let you get out of here, what advice would you give someone who wants to one day run a team or be in a position like yourself.
Speaker 6: Well, I would say that the great thing about sports is there's never one path that leads you where you want to go or where you're destined to go. So I would just say, no matter what path you're on, you're on the right path. Continue to work hard, work ethic is so important, Be curious, ask the questions, You're going to learn things around the along the way that you never knew or valuable and tell you and tell you can reach back and use them. And I guess the third thing is it's like just be someone people want to work with right, especially as a leader.
Speaker 3: Have empathy, have patience. I've learned those along the way.
Speaker 6: I didn't always have them, and think, you know, default to the positive. You know, so many times we question if people are really on your side, question their intentions, but default of the positive, think the best of people, and then ultimately act in that same way. So there's no one way to get there, honestly, and what's great about it is that there is no one way to get there. So whatever path you're on, it's probably the right path.
Speaker 1: I love that, Teresa. I want to thank you for joining us for our fan focused episode. I know all the fans listening are definitely excited about the Toronto Tempo coming to the WNBA in twenty twenty six. We appreciate your time.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for all of you do to tell the story of the WNBA.
Speaker 6: Like That's another thing I've said is, you know, we have low hanging fruit here that we're going to be successful, but to truly optimize opportunity, we need more than just the tempo telling our story. So thank you for giving me the platform to talk about the tempo today.
Speaker 1: You're welcome and you're always welcome here, all right, that's going to do it. For this week's episode, I want to thank my girl Kelly Finn coming through to break down the headlines, and Teresa Rice again for giving us a little bit of a sneak peek of what to expect from the Toronto Tempo in twenty twenty six. If you like this podcast, make sure you rate, review, and subscribe to the show. Next week, we're gonna be breaking down and previewing the twenty twenty five WNBA season, so you want to make sure that you don't miss anything, So walk in with us and I'll see you back here next week. In case you missed it, with Christina Williams is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.