Speaker 1: Caitlin.
Speaker 2: Hi, Heyuranny everybody?
Speaker 1: Hey, Yeah, is that how Jimmy Durany spelled his lastener?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's my dad?
Speaker 1: Oh shit, damn, how are you okay?
Speaker 3: But who is your question?
Speaker 1: Files?
Speaker 2: I said, are you okay?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I'm so you're Jack's age, your dad because he died in nineteen eighty born in eighteen ninety three. Yeah, what is that a joke?
Speaker 1: I think we should be asking how how do you look?
Speaker 2: So amazing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: For being so?
Speaker 3: He had me when he was like thirty, so I'm actually like ninety five years old.
Speaker 2: Wow. The only thing I know is that he's He's the one who said.
Speaker 3: He was famous. His nickname was like the Schnas because he had this like huge.
Speaker 2: Yellow bastard from Sin City. What I saw, like, is this yellow bastard from.
Speaker 3: Well what a what a reference?
Speaker 4: All this?
Speaker 2: This picture of him looks like funny to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like what we think of at the original based on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but with like a clown notes. I mean, that is one hell of a clown note.
Speaker 3: It's like it's Bill Scars guard As and Bill Scars guard As Penny Wise had a baby and that's Jimmy.
Speaker 2: This motherfucker is nose Farau.
Speaker 1: Coach. Let me pop up the baby powder in there.
Speaker 2: I thought I was telling Justin before I said, I don't know what the fuck is going on.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three seventy.
Speaker 2: Episode two of jo Daily Zai. Guys.
Speaker 1: It's a production by Heart Radio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness. We now have a YouTube channel YouTube slash at Daily Zeitgeist Pod. We can go check out one episode a week, maybe more. Who knows. It's Tuesday, January seventh, twenty twenty four. We missed January sixth. We did a Heart episode yesterday. I forgot to mention that it was jan six.
Speaker 2: Well, we just did our American civic duty to just memory hold January sixth. Yeah, it was like, it's nothing at all, man's nothing.
Speaker 1: It all happened. What It's fine, And maybe.
Speaker 2: It did and they didn't do anything about it, and maybe that's causing problems out Who could say, really, you know, I don't have a time machine or I can look at these things fifty years in the future. Anyway. January seventh is National bibble Head Day and National Tempoda Day. Okay, so shout out the fried foods from Japan. Shout out the Bobbleheads. Although this is not you think this would come out in the midst of baseball season, right.
Speaker 1: I feel like they missed their they missed their mark. They're weird, like you know, when people are going to.
Speaker 2: Be really appreciatively bibbleheads January seven, middle of January after, you know, the day after January sixth. I think that's what we strike Bobblehead Day. Yeah, nailed it. Well.
Speaker 1: My name's Jack O'Brien, aka you guy. Oh is water.
Speaker 2: Gush?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Is water? That one?
Speaker 1: Courtesy of mcnichael's. Am I reading that correctly like McMichaels, But mcknichaels on the discord it is water ice, Get off my back. I'm thrilled to be joined.
Speaker 5: As always by my co host, mister Miles Gray's Miles Gray back stronger than ever from the streets of Lankershem, I'm the Lord of Lancersham, I'm the showgun and no gun.
Speaker 2: Shout out everybody who won for a showgun on the Golden Globes. Very predictable because it's anytime Showgun shows up, it just wins. Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: You are the first full episode of the year thanking them, and yet not a single one of them thank you, and they're accepting speeches, and then that's fucking bullshit. You've been shouting them out inadvertently in your AKAD years.
Speaker 2: I texted Anna, so I I said, Yo, I knew you were always against me, but you could have said my name up there, and that's fine. But anyway, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Miles, welcome back. Yes, great to see you, great to be Thanks for letting me back in. You heard you guys are recording without me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's rights a couple of days and that was yeah, that was just you were in the waiting room. We recorded two full episodes with you in the zoom waiting room.
Speaker 2: You know, I'd shaved for that episode and look at my facial hair now it looks like Timothy shalomye eyelash, as Nicky Glazer said one of my favorite jokes from the Globes.
Speaker 1: Miles, We're through. You joined in our third seat, but one of our favorite guests, a very talented writer, stand up the median, co host of one of the great film podcasts, The beck Down, cast. They also happen to have a Masters de Graham film. They also happen to have the most anagrammable name in the English language, So if you've been given their name in a jumble of scrabble tiles, you may know them as Lauren d Titan or nine Kit Dracula or Latin dancer U t I.
Speaker 2: But to us, they will always be.
Speaker 1: Caitlin Dronte.
Speaker 3: Did yeah, and my dad is we were discussing previously, Jimmy Duranny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been something going on with that snow or maybe it was the hat, because wow.
Speaker 6: Maybe it was the mass hallucinations of the children who thought he came to life. You know what, you will like the comedy stylings of Jimmy Durany for years to come.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's oh yeah, that is the most I think that's the Frosty the Snowman song I would play the most on like the kid friendly Christmas playlist I was playing in the house.
Speaker 1: Was like, I can't really sing yeah, but it's charming. And speaking of charming, Caitlin, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I am doing period, I'm.
Speaker 2: Doing, you are doing, I'm doing You're in the act of doing, aren't well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly how are you doing?
Speaker 2: My god, I'm I'm actually still salty that Jack stole the hot sauce from me at the White Elephant party. Oh my god, I actually stole Ian stole it from me, and then Jack stole it from the Hot one.
Speaker 1: And I've been meaning to.
Speaker 2: Ask you, Jack since that very contentious moment at our holiday White Elephant gift party. How's the hot sauce? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I just threw that ship out when I got.
Speaker 2: Way too spicy for me.
Speaker 1: Spicy, you know how I think is too spicy on.
Speaker 3: It was like a three on the scovel scale, and Jack is.
Speaker 1: Like, oh power move just looking at it. Catch up the spiciest thing I'll allow my body, Deranny, What did you walk away with at.
Speaker 2: The White Elephant?
Speaker 3: I ended up with a bottle of Jane, bottle of Jamo, okay, some coffee arms.
Speaker 1: Oh, a little starter pack brought by yours truly Irish coffee starter pack.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, good?
Speaker 1: Well? Uh there there was also a twenty five dollars Taco Bell. It was actually thirty, wasn't it thirty dollars Taco Bell gift card?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I went five dollars over the limit because I'm kind of a big, big spend. But there was a studio the one percent. There was a gem between my presence, which was diarrhea.
Speaker 3: Things that will make you shit your pants inducing gifts.
Speaker 1: Yeah to see it. We love it, don't we, folks, We do, Caitlin. We're thrilled to have you back on the show. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things that we're talking about today. Where im from now on? We it is Jimmy Durany. We're talking mag of time is n but in fighting is already here though that it's about to be Trump.
Speaker 2: It's about to be true. Yeah, Yeah. Unfortunately the time has come now for us to put on our reality spectacles and breathe it in. No longer, Kennedy is just give it a couple of weeks, just a few more. The election is certified. We are here just waiting for inauguration.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Lien sixth that they tried to try as they might, or try it not, try as they might not.
Speaker 1: I don't know anymore, try not they may not. Yeah, I was first, I was like, oh, man, Biden is about to go ham on the executive orders. Wait wait, do you see how he's not doing anything? Okay, Well then the people the the liberal order is going to stage their own January sale. They're not They're not doing anything. Okay, Okay, yeah, so there we come on in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he did at least I mean Trump or Biden did do the like super troll fest giving out those presidential citizen medals. Yeah, to like who got one? I think Liz Cheney and Benny Thompson. I think George Soros.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were like no magic and Hillary Clinton Hill, Hillary Clinton. Anyways, well, we'll talk about the infighting on the right. We'll talk about more bad news for like neoliberals, liberal you know, Justin Trudeau has stepped down, he's going to resign. What does this mean for Canadian politics? Uh, it's actually impossible to know because from here, Yeah, from here, the workings of the Canadian government have been deemed too boring to actually perceive, and so we're all adopting a wait and see attitude on this one. But we will talk about that.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of a joke that it's like, oh, Canadian politics are different than American politics, and then likening that to Canadian football. So it's like, oh, there's only three some things instead of four the number of downs. But I don't know enough about football or politics.
Speaker 1: Do they do three downs?
Speaker 3: I think so right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and I'm really not paying enough.
Speaker 3: Time and I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so CEFL the longer and wider field, twelve players on the field.
Speaker 1: Well that's a foul, woke much, that's a crime in America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh it does three Wow? Look at three downs?
Speaker 1: Three downs?
Speaker 2: Any only two timeouts a game? And you can you can? You are one point in the CFL.
Speaker 3: Interesting, that seems efficient to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, score one point in the NFL too.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm saying not after like, not as your extra point. There's also the ability of just one point. The single point is called a rouge, which I don't. Look, I'm a look, I'm already checked out. I'm sorry that we exported our form of political cancer to you guys, but I don't know what else to do.
Speaker 1: Score on the beaters, catch the quiffle or whatever. The Harry Potters quidditch joke. I forget there the snitch, the golden snitch.
Speaker 3: The seeker tried to catch the snitch. The beaters, the beaters just hitting the bludgers around.
Speaker 2: Right Yeah wait, there's beaters and bludgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they're called.
Speaker 1: The bludgers, beaters people, beaters.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: Exactly hit people.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the therapy speak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, we're gonna talk about We're gonna check in with what was predicted about the year twenty twenty five, because this is a future sci fi dateline that a bunch of forgotten shitty movies predicted set their movie in. And then also her movie Her was set in twenty twenty five, which kind of blew on us still for a bit. So we'll talk about that plenty more. But first, Caitlin, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history.
Speaker 3: I googled Titanic Escape Room Los Angeles, and there is one what it just opened? Well, I was googling it because I had to like look up the number to call them. I already knew that it was like a recently open thing. So sixty out is the company that has different, I mean, one of many companies in La that has escape rooms. They're the ones that have the Titanic one. There was like a defunct one for a while, but then they just reopened this Titanic themed one, and I had to make a reservation. Obviously, Me and Jamie are going, yeah, we're also like pretty morbid that, yeah, because you have to like escape the ideas you're escaping the sinking ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is you get in there and just continually lie down in bed and hold hands like.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, what's that? What's that little bedtime story? The woman tells her kids that ship broke me too. She put the kids to bed. I'm like, lady, they are gonna wake up the second that cold water hits them. That's all I could think about, is like, dang, be asleep, Yeah, wake up to a horrible death. This is what it says. Step aboard the legendary RMS Titanic and journey back to the fateful night of a fourteenth, nineteen twelve. That's two days after my grandmother's birthday. In this thrilling escape room, if she passed away, but she was born on April twelfth, nineteen twelve. The ship is sinking and it's up to you to save the passengers, navigate through the ship's grand quarters, solve intricate puzzles, and uncover hidden secrets as you race to unlock the life books. Wow, will you rise to the challenge and save everyone on board? Or will time run out before you can escape the icy waters? Book now and experience the heart counting adventures of the Titanic like never before, okay?
Speaker 1: Or will you fail and let all those women and children die?
Speaker 2: It's up to you. This this actually looks really well made. I must say, are we what are we going off of?
Speaker 1: Are they like here?
Speaker 2: Are hey?
Speaker 1: I generated it's not the land you imagine?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The Kaylin and Jamie gun is such a bummer. They're like, yo, it did not look like the pictures at all.
Speaker 3: What was the thing where it was like the display of Was it like a Willy Wonka thing?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: It was horribly rendered in Glasgow. Yep.
Speaker 1: It was our runner up story of the year, all right, okay, yeah, yeah, especially.
Speaker 2: It's not like that, all right, yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think it will be like that. I do if if you're like put with a group like two people in a group of other people, which I don't know.
Speaker 3: They don't do that this one.
Speaker 1: But if they do in this case, I want you both to just lie down and hold it.
Speaker 3: It's like you guys figured out.
Speaker 1: You guys are here, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Caitlin.
Speaker 1: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: I think that shoplifting is underrated. And I'm specifically talking about shoplifting from like huge corporate, evil corporations like big box stores. Not to be clear, I've never done this because I'm too afraid. But I'm muster up the courage. My big goal for twenty is to gather the courage to start shoplifting and stealing from evil companies big box stores.
Speaker 2: Just start small, you know, do a little lip a little do a lip bomb. You know, that's always that's always the thieves gateway item when you start off. I felt like in my like junior high, like there are some there's some high school and there's some girls. They go to Clay's stock up on some ship. You know what I mean, come out of there, you know, that's that's all I gotta say. That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for the tips.
Speaker 2: Then move your way up to spray paint, because they put that ship behind a gate a home depot and that's when you really hit the next level. Whoa getting cry? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Wait? So how do you get back there? Do you like hide? Ay contortion?
Speaker 2: I just remember I tried to graffiti, and I would be I was the same way. I'm like, I'm not about to fucking get caught up. I don't even do. I don't even tag. I'm not about to fucking steal cans with you guys. I was just wait in the car and they woul run up and be like, yo, we got we go like a can cancle. I did not get the thrill out of that way. I would alway steal from school. That was my thing. That was my original Faces corporation, where I'm like, the fuck, you know what do you need this scale for? I need this digital scale for my own nefarious deeds? Right, And then I used to those to other drug dealers in high.
Speaker 1: School, wang mice and other animals. No, did I get it wrong? Oh we got a winner here sixteen grams?
Speaker 2: This little mouse.
Speaker 1: Is sixteen Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: School school?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 1: Catching you? Walmart? I think is traditionally been pretty bad at catching people, isn't that right? But when they do, Holy shit, Oh that's target target target where they're like, oh, we let you rack it up just so you know, like we've been watching you.
Speaker 2: There's like this one like there's like a mom influencer that was like doing supposed target halls that she was just shop and they're like, you got we got it all on wax and you're posting it like come on now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that seems silly. Yeah, I'm just gonna steal, you know, groceries. Yeah, because there I mean, I don't know if you've heard, but grocery prices have gotten so expansively.
Speaker 2: Of thanks Joe Byron.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, I did for my little thrill. I take a penny from a leave a penny, Take a penny, even even if I don't need it.
Speaker 2: Is that the build up? Maybe that's let's start small. Dorani go to seven eleven, take a penny from the take a penny, leave a penny and just just whistle on out of there like you don't know nothing about it.
Speaker 4: Then maybe grab grab it, spread out scattering grosser, you flipped the four hour energy display, right fuckers, What the fuck was that?
Speaker 2: The penny guy.
Speaker 3: He's back, Okay, well, yeah, I'll take all these consideration.
Speaker 2: Also, thank you hit her up with some some bad ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something you think is overrated? All right?
Speaker 3: I'm saying this because I came up on an episode of The Bechdel Cast that's about to come out, and I think it's potentially controversial, but I think that tongue kissing is overrated. I don't really want someone else's tongue in my mouth. I don't want to put my tongue in your mouth, especially excessively. I will do it at little hint of tongue every now and then of tongue, but I think tongue kissing is gross.
Speaker 2: Was this inspired from seeing gratuitous tongue kissing on screen? And then you're like, yeah, you know what? Nah?
Speaker 3: So the episode was on angus songs and perfect Snogging, a British movie based on a British book for like a Ya novel, and there's a scene where the main character goes to this boy for kissing lessons and then they're like just grossly tongue kissing each other. And then so I was like, Eh, tongue kissing is gross, and then everyone was like, Caitlin, that's so weird. Oh really Yeah, three of all of us. They really did. So if anyone else out there thinks that tongue kissing is gross, hit me up.
Speaker 1: And I was so nervous when I was in like I think I was in seventh grade and I hadn't done a done a kiss yet. I was so nervous. I was like, oh my god, they're gonna know I'm bad at French, Like they what the fuck jack some kind of kiss virgin asshole. I had an older girlfriend and I was very she wasn't. I wasn't so okay, and I was very nervous about, you know, frenching and like I didn't really know it, and she was, you know, had French before a number of times, and uh she had French. We French. I was, this is the story my I was like I've told you before where I was like so nervous, and I didn't have an excuse for a while. I was nervous, so I just created like drama. I was like, I just got a lot of stuff going on at home. I couldn't like come up with the reason why I was like so weird. And then uh we uh frenched. I was bad at it, and she dubbed me the next day.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's wild.
Speaker 1: I think you know what? Sorry, just real quick. More of the story though, was it was my weird vibes that made her dutches. Oh you're bad, just not fun.
Speaker 2: She's like, I think you're kind of flippant about like domestic issues that you're on the home, and I think the way you just slide about that, I really put a bad taste in my mouth. And the pun was intended, right, Lisa. Yeah, I kissed uh freshman in high school when I was in seventh grade. For my first kiss, whoa. It was fucking so nervous because my my neighbor, who is a grade older than me, had a girlfriend who was a grade older than her or him. So she brought her friend over and here I am, this little seventh grader and Mace's Harlem World album just came out. Word listen to Wow you over? Oh God, that's p Diddy's voice now that I.
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 2: And but anyway, that I was so nervous I kissed. I didn't know what to do. And this woman was so kind. She's like she's like, she's like, have you ever done this before? And I was like no.
Speaker 1: That was like no, I would have started crying.
Speaker 2: I was basically like you, but I didn't even have the I couldn't even be articulate enough to make some ship up. She was like, bro, are you okay? You're like you've got like completely wet. I just love this Mace album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really thinking about this Mace album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I wasn't. Yeah, but the gratuitous stuff, I remember doing that, and I've had like girlfriends be like yo, yo, yo, I'm not with that, and I was like, yeah, I think I'm copying the movie.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing, like when you're young and you don't know what you're doing yet, you're bad at kissing and you're probably using too much tongue and stuff like that. But I'm talking about like adult men well into their thirties who still don't know how to kiss and they're using way too much tongues. They'll come in tongue tongue. And literally had a guy try to kiss me coming in tongue first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my head.
Speaker 3: He didn't even use his lips really at all. He was just sort of like but then obviously like that. It's an extreme example, but like just so many people, and look, I've kissed a lot of people. Okay, and yeah, huge brag, but so many people, so many adult men especially, I would say, are very bad at kissing, and then I have to tell them and I have to teach them how to kiss, and then I'm like, follow my lead, and then it emasculates them.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, yeah, I actually don't want to meet it for another date. Actually had nothing to do with the emasculation of you saying my pornography informed way of kissing wasn't really palatable for everyone.
Speaker 3: It was my weird vibes, Like, yeah, exactly was giving off the weird vibes and that's why they dumped.
Speaker 1: Mind.
Speaker 2: Kissing is like dancing. If people are there to you know, to tangle. You can't go in there crumping, you know what I mean, Like just match energies match.
Speaker 1: I'm never like when I can see tongue happening in a movie kiss like gross. I still remember the November Rain video when Axel Rose.
Speaker 2: Never forget the November Rain video when.
Speaker 1: Axl Rose like gets married and then like at the altar they kiss and it's just like a real, real tongue bath.
Speaker 2: I gotta, I gotta pull this up. You're saying kind of like it's when they get married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the you just see him like go full tongue in the mouth as the wedding kiss, which feels felt weird to me.
Speaker 2: Dude, how oh here it is here it is okay, so they've oh wait, they got mouth on mouth. Where's the tongue? Did we miss the tongue?
Speaker 1: Jack, You must have missed the tongue because Slash is about to go to the all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's kind of subtle because it's just like through the corner, but it's like full Yeah, dude, you see it. Yeah, you see the tongue goes like the tongues.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I'm betting I'm gonna bet money that the actress was not informed about that before.
Speaker 1: It was his real wife, Stephanie Seymour.
Speaker 2: I love how this pop up video you're like, despite that grotesque, gratuitous kiss, that is his real wife, right.
Speaker 1: I did not like it, though. Thank you for this, Caitlyn. I think you spoke what has been unspoken for a lot of people. Dis match if you got them. If you want to get sloppy, I'll get sloppy.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know is that the message that you got. No, No, that's not what I was I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And if you want to get sloppy, stay away from me, get you on someone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel you. All right, let's uh, that's very fun. We're gonna take a quick break and we're gonna talk about some news. We'll be right back. And we're back. We are, and it's so do we we need to like cover this now? Huh? Like the coming Trump administration that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: The burying your head in the sand. I mean sure we could do that, in which case I probably just stop listening to the show if that's what you're looking for. But yeah, we're kind of we're there. You know, the uncomfortable reality is creeping much closer, and we're you know what, we're two weeks about away from the inauguration. Policies are becoming more and more of a reality. Yesterday, obviously, we saw the certification of the election go down, where klm LAS said, you know, look, I'm simply upholding a sacred obligation by doing this, and we did it because it's a democracy, allegedly, and there were a group of activists that we're trying to get members of Congress to use the fourteenth Amendment to deny certification. But that simply wasn't happening, even though they're like, this guy's an insurrectionists, like, there's no way you can, you know, run for office. Didn't you guys impeach him on those grounds? And also wasn't there a whole whatever? Maybe it was just a maybe it didn't matter. Yes, that's OK. Everyone's kind of scratching their heads as to now looking at this issue, and everyone's like, could the DOJ have done more? Yeah? Probably, I would say absolutely, But either way, we are here. But the one problem at the moment is to figure out how to un all of these ghouls to actually get anything passed.
Speaker 1: So right now, that's my biggest problem. That's what's keeping me up at night, Miles. How are they going to ever get it together? These please guys get it together. You came so far from merely being a Facebook troll to now being a member of Congress.
Speaker 2: Don't fumble this chance. But yeah, like right now, Trump is demanding a big, beautiful MAGA bill basically like one bill that covers everything from draconian immigration crackdowns, extending the Trump tax cuts for only the wealthy and putting an end to clean energy projects in favor of more earth fucking. He wants it all in one bill, just done right away. He wants it on his desk yesterday, even though he's not in office yet. Mike Johnson is hoping that he can maybe deliver this by Memorial Day and then Trump can just you know, and the rest of his turn by playing golf and slipping further into sinility in peace as he wants it. But the issue here is that, you know, despite having control of Congress, the House is in a pretty precarious situation with their two seat advantage.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's not like a two seat advantage in the Senate. How many seats are.
Speaker 2: There, there's like four thirty five wow, yeah yeah, So yeah, it's it's very narrow. And again this we saw this problem come up when they were trying to you know, elect the speaker Mike Johnson. It was just like, it wasn't Kevin McCarthy levels of bad. But it did take Trump to personally intervene to get some of the Freedom Caucus hard miners to like back cyber porn cop Mike Johnson for speaker. So yeah, like yeah, we don't know what we don't know what is going to I mean, obviously, like they're they're not dealing with a lot here in terms of getting stuff passed. I mean, in the Senate they have fifty three seats, so there's a there's definitely more of an advantage there. But yeah, like when you talk about it, like when all of these articles about the the like this supposed megabill, there's already disagreement among Republicans, like some want wanted the way Trump does, many other like it should be broken up into a set of smaller bills and I won't vote for this, or like you have to promise me there'll be no more spending when Trump himself has obviously been like get rid of the dead ceiling. I want to spend as much as I want and then blame it on the next guy or whoever. So yeah, the not not much to really make you feel good about what's happening aside from that, but.
Speaker 1: That they're incompetent and hate each other.
Speaker 2: Incompetent and hate each other that much we are seeing play out four thirty five on average.
Speaker 1: It's going to be one of their birthdays every day, and at least one of them is going to be sick, so like maybe we'll just maybe the advantage as long as the Democrats are willing to go to work sick like heroes, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. We'll see, we will see, because yeah, like once Trump pulls a couple of people for cabinet positions, that could go down to like a one seat advantage like in this yeah, usual elections.
Speaker 1: He doesn't give a fuck. He keeps like using those people. He's like, I don't know, you want to like be my driver or whatever.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, I would be honored. I'd be honored. Come to an escape room with me. But yeah, this is this is kind of what what sort of we have on the horizon in terms of legislation, and yeah, it's it's chaos already.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, speaking of chaos, I can't say chaos the word chaos without you thinking of that's right, Canada, that place wild. But Justin Trudeau has been facing calls to resign, even from members of his own party for weeks now. Follow So his finance minister, who was his you know, right hand, very close and like somebody who was widely respected, quit in mid December and on the way out was like, I don't know what the fuck he's doing. But so basically everyone's like, oh, that is like it was a bad look on top of a situation where people were like, he's probably gonna have to resign eventually, right, but yeah, she was not pleased with how he managed Canada's economy in the face of the looming US tariffs. This does all seem to at least start or get accelerated by Donald Trump being like, you don't want to kiss the ring you. We were going to beat the shit out of you with tariffs.
Speaker 2: I hate and I hate all like the little brother ring that this fool is doing. He's like, oh, the fifty first state, we will welcome him. It's like, okay, I did you shut the fuck up? And he's like, we will welcome many fifty first states, and yeah, Canada, Look, we apologize. I love y'all. You, we love y'all, but I'm the god You're You're terrible misfortune to be bordering the nic.
Speaker 1: Best live show of the TZ tour. Maybe there were a number of but that Toronto show was so fun. Holy shit, what a crowd. But yeah, so he announced that he is stepping down as the Liberal Party leader and also as Prime Minister as soon as his party can find somebody to replace him. So again, no way to know what this means or how any of this works, because my brain can't stay well.
Speaker 2: It's very look it echoes, like a lot of the other things we saw where neoliberalism just yeah, just played itself out to the had a bit of a moment. Yeah yeah, because you know they were they they had the backing of like the New Democratic Party, but again they were like this, we had a deal in place and Trudeau couldn't follow through and we're asking for real easy stuff like dental care. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this was a detail from the story that I did. I did read. I made it all the way through this story, and one of the conflicts was with the New Democratic Party, which is like they're like left leading further left, like if America had.
Speaker 2: A left something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Jack Meet Singh who is the leader of the New Democratic Party, who we've covered before, because he was a dude who's like entering a building and somebody was like your bum, liar, and he just had had hold and turned around and was like who said that? And the guy was so like, I, dude, I wouldn't say that, and if I did, I would say it to your face. But I totally didn't. It must have been somebody behind me, like the guy on camera like calls him a liar and then immediately completely backstone. But yeah, anyway, he The thing that they were arguing over was dental care and pharmacare bills, which is like, I don't know why. That is so wild to me that like leaders would be disagreeing over something that it's like real and tangible because.
Speaker 2: We live in hell Over. You were like, WHOA, that's a thing you can advocate for as a politician, dental care. I remember talking to like some of the Zei Gang after that Toronto show and talking about like the socialized medicine things like that, and they're like yeah, and they kept saying yeah. But the thing here, no dental no mental is like the sort of like the rhyme that they use, like we don't get dental care, no mental health care. And that's like a huge thing too that people want to advocate for. So it's interesting to see like that's a very simple thing that people are like, that's a necessity for their health. You you make a deal with the Liberal Party. It doesn't happen. And then he said, quote, they have let you down in terms of talking about the Liberal Party. They do not deserve another chance. You're like, wow, that that sounds like stuff we've said down here about what our Liberal party.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe maybe the US and Canada aren't so different after all.
Speaker 2: Nah, they're boring.
Speaker 4: We're cool.
Speaker 2: We keep it exciting. Like remember the Edis comedians definitely better. I think they got they got some real good comedians out there. They got the real good comedians up there. But yeah, this is just kind of like another I think moment where you're seeing again, like rather than acting so confused when people are asking for basic necessities for their lives to be easy to like exist within, don't act like this is like they don't. That's fine, they don't. It isn't going to affect anything, like it very much.
Speaker 1: Invested in a private company that could provide solutions for dental care? What else do you want?
Speaker 2: Just make it easier, man, just make it easier. Yeah, so the echoes of of our similar grievances going around. I'm sorry, Jack, but how are you going to stop this?
Speaker 1: Like it's actually impossible to It's either fascism or failed neoliberal policies. Those are actually the only two options that I've ever heard of, and that which you and my brain can conceive of. So I think that's it. I think, yeah, we've exhausted every option.
Speaker 2: I don't know what else to do here, folks. I mean, I guess I could start building a bunker to hide from the proletariat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a zombie movie. It's either zombie movie or neoliberalism. That's the only thing we got. Those are the only two ideas we come up with.
Speaker 2: Yet, holy shit, every time, I don't know what this is? What you get, guys? What it is?
Speaker 1: You happy? Now? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, we've been very unhappy for a long time. We've made that clear. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, We're back, goddamn all right.
Speaker 1: So it is the year twenty twenty five, according to you. According to some people, it's the year twenty twenty five. Yeah, right, but okay, twenty twenty five. That is like a conspiracy. It's like the sort of fact that my brain has a equally hard time getting itself around that that like I could, I could see a conspiracy theory arising, like it's not actually twenty you believe that shit that it's twenty four.
Speaker 2: That sounds like some shit that Dems would do, like it's actually twenty twenty. Yeah, so actually Joe Biden is another go round, I think is what we get here. This is actually the first time, like you know when you like are signing something and you have to date it and you're like, shit, I wrote twenty twenty four, Like there's like those set first month or so. This is like one of the first times I'm like, no, this shit is twenty two. I don't know why this is shit twenty twenty five. No, lie, I feel it.
Speaker 1: I've been writing so many checks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I open up my diary and I say January twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do, right, Yeah, this is one sense that makes to target to pay back, give a penny, to take a penny.
Speaker 2: And they cashed it, those cheap motherfuckersuckers. But yeah, this is interesting time because like I feel like as a kid growing up in the eighties, like the twenty twenties were sort of like the just not so far off future that like writers loved to depict in films, and I'm always like man like, because what was hoverboards and Back to the Future, like we're past like we should have had them hoboards?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and that was twenty fifteen in Back to the Future too.
Speaker 2: Oh god, sign mine.
Speaker 3: Cars are everywhere, hoverboards everywhere, little piece like little morsels of food that you put in a special oven and it's like a little tiny pizza and that it becomes a huge pizza. Like where's any of that technology?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, we gotta loading pizza soilent. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you google Back to the Future part two year, I don't want to know the year the movie came out, asshole.
Speaker 7: Oh the fuck cares about that? Googlewhere I yell at nine? Yeah, yeah, twenty fifteen. Caitlin's correct. I just had to fact check that for some.
Speaker 3: While I can't well, you don't believe.
Speaker 1: I really could not believe that is that long ago.
Speaker 2: Sorry, he just got a note. He got a note about his excessive tongue kissing earlier spot trying to slash out at everyone.
Speaker 1: So all right, let's go through a handful of movies that were set in the year twenty twenty five. We have the nineteen eighty six sci fi movie Future Hunters, which, first of all, we're here in twenty twenty five and it's not the future, So you got that one wrong, dipshit, whoa what a dude? This cast is.
Speaker 2: It's got Robert Patrick, the guy who plays the T two thousand in two, the liquid one. I don't know who any of these? What is it? Is he a one thousand one?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: And then Arnold is a T one hundred? Is that the deal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like a one on one.
Speaker 2: I've messed up all cybonetic organisms. I'm sorry. Oh yeah, okay. It has a four point three on IMDb. Oh God five eighty own adventure searches the post nuclear wasteland for the most devastating godless artifact in history. When he touches it, he is transported back in time to nineteen eighty nine Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Huh oh, So, so what it is like future tech in modern day?
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: But the future, the year twenty twenty five of that world is mad Max. It's just that Mad Max. And then it appears to be a guns versus blades type of showdown based on the poster and the guy who has the gun has a weird combover. I don't know why they've gone with him. That's the face of this movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah great, it's also shooting a laser and a bullet at the same time.
Speaker 1: On the cover, I'm assuming that's a laser like laser aim.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, fee, But then it's also a laser that shoots like out of like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it also does you know, it also does pew pew. Also yeah, so it don't get too comfortable with this thing.
Speaker 3: Also, sorry, I'm humiliated, Arnold. There's a T eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you idiot. Then what is Robert Patrick's T one thousand?
Speaker 1: He is the T one thousand, and he is the T one thousand.
Speaker 2: And I'm Miles Dyson.
Speaker 1: God, they really made some pretty impressive upgrades between eight hundred and one thousand.
Speaker 2: I mean, what happened to the Forgotten nine hundred?
Speaker 1: Like, hey, I'm here, guys.
Speaker 3: It's like the missing Link, you know, and where's the movie about that?
Speaker 1: It's like the well, what's the Sega the Dreamcast. It's like the ones that like we're between the Maiden, like Sega Genesis and then you know, it was.
Speaker 2: Sega Genesis Saturn, then Dream Saturn Dreamcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Saturn, it was the Saturn. It was the Saturn of times. It was the Dreamcast of times. I know's I read books? I actually just know. I just listened to people who read books, and then.
Speaker 2: I watched The Simpsons, so I get that bi osmosis.
Speaker 1: There you go. There was also the Escape from New York ripoff Endgame Bronx Final Wars. I guess they had AI worked a long time ago, because this is the most ais title endgame Colon Bronx Final Wars. What in the wake of a nuclear war? New York City is now full of quote scavengers, rogue motorcycle gangs, and mutant psychics the worst type of psychics of all?
Speaker 2: What was? Okay? So right, all the nuclear fear shit, it was just because of the Cold War stuff lingering, right, and we brought that. We all had a movie gun to our head for decades. Yeah, Everyone's like, dude, we can fucking do this right now, dude, we could do this year right now. We all go, I don't give a fuck. So that gave us this man who looks like, what is this outfit? This guy's wearing all the posters I got again helmets yeah, yeah, but it's just off enough to your point check that it does look like AI in this weird way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, it looks like Mad Max mixed with like Aquaman. Yeah, that's where Aquaman mixed with BDS. Yeah, which I guess is Mad Max. But yeah, yeah, it's got real Aquaman energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well, no one made a movie yet, No one made a movie yet.
Speaker 1: All right, Well back to a little bit closer to now. Pacific Rim really called it shot. They set that movie in the year twenty twenty five. I don't know why any movie does this. There's so many movies that just like completely overshoot and are like, yeah, giant robots that fight the Kaiju monster, that'll be seven years, ten years, what do you think, Yeah, ten years ago. I'll give it ten years, right.
Speaker 3: Specific Grim came out when.
Speaker 1: Twenty thirteen, Wow, they were like that's twelve years Max, Oh, they got time, this is plenty of time.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the kind of stuff Tesla's.
Speaker 1: Doing right now? Yeah, concerned we're going to have about twelve years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've actually pissed about that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then her which was at the time like pretty subtle. It was like I remember that being kind of the main thing is like, what if we did a sci fi movie that seemed like an accurate depiction of like how things might evolve, And this.
Speaker 2: Is scary how spot on it is in many ways.
Speaker 8: In many ways, and yet the end, Yes, yeah, the movie hers basically if Joaquin Phoenix fell in love with his Siri, right, like yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Like a fully formed human personality like that. It's it identifies a thing that like people were like, yeah, I'm willing to believe that's happened, Like that's what's going to happen. And then a bunch of people made billions and billions of dollars being like, look, they'll believe anything. We could just pretend we did that. Fuck it will just have Scarlett Johanson's voice do the voice of our thing, and these people will believe it.
Speaker 2: This makes me think Elon Musk may introduce a mega fighting robots just in the same way. It's like, yeah, pretty close, folks, We're getting them getting them close. Just invest now, I'm telling you we got to fight the kaiju aka immigrants.
Speaker 1: I didn't remember there being a date in her, so I was like trying to find the evidence that it was set in twenty twenty five, and I think it's like mainly a estimate because they're one of the Joaquin Phoenix's character like writes greeting cards, and one of the greeting cards he writes is for like a happy fiftieth anniversary, where it looks like the wedding was in the seventies, And I think that's like kind of the main piece of evidence that there's also like the IMDb plot synopsis is says like opens with in the year twenty twenty five, But I am, what if it is in the script?
Speaker 3: Let me see if I find the screenplay?
Speaker 2: See this is what. This is why we have people with a certain level of expertise on because we can now am massaters. I like, how the very first line it is twenty twenty five. Okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Only people with master's degrees in screenwriting can do a Google search to see if the PDF of a certain screenplay is available.
Speaker 2: So how you do that?
Speaker 3: I can't look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to go to grad school secrets secret.
Speaker 2: Like I wouldn't even know the fucking first step on googling where to get a screenplay PDF version?
Speaker 3: And yeah, it's really hard.
Speaker 2: To do only society, and I mean I'm.
Speaker 3: Struggling with it. No, I actually have on the screenplay. I'm just seeing if it mentioned let me do a little search, twenty twenty five does not appear once in the screenplay.
Speaker 2: So God, damn it, damn fucked me.
Speaker 1: I AMDB.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: But I think people generally agree, even if it's just a range, this is the range that it is well.
Speaker 2: Based on the greeting card. I think that's safe to say fifty years from the seventies what looks like the seventies would put us here, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and IMDb certainly is saying it with authority. It's the year twenty twenty five. But anyways, I mean the looks at the time. I remember being like, these people look ridiculous, like the men with the high waisted pants and everybody has mustache. And now I live look at it.
Speaker 2: Look at you, yeah, now look at.
Speaker 3: You, yeah, full mustache and hants up to your nipples.
Speaker 1: I'm still dressing like it's the nineties, very low waisted jeans.
Speaker 2: Very low very well. I let's say well, authorities would say criminally low wasted.
Speaker 3: I was actually gonna ask why you're wearing Jinkos.
Speaker 2: Real low though it's a sexy raver. Yeah, I mean for you, Oh sorry, Kaitlin, with your with your you know, master's degree perspective on things like this, Is this something that you would shy away from? Is this the time for the artist to put some thing down and say, look, I do have a vision for the future, and it may come true, like you know, like things like Idiocracy did in a very ironic way.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, if you're gonna take some wild swings and be like, yeah, we're we have flying cars, or we have we can teleport or you know whatever, set it in like two to three hundred years in the future. But that's also sci fi because we the earth is we know it, I think, will be dead and the human race will be wiped out by the year twelve three hundred ish.
Speaker 1: That was your first note on soone's screenplay incorrect.
Speaker 2: A woman's relationship with a murder of crows. First note is this won't exist in about three hundred years. So what are we doing?
Speaker 3: No, I mean, people can do whatever they want in their screen I disagree.
Speaker 2: I think we should we should shun these people for taking such big swings, because again, movies do inform my idea of what the future is. And I have no hoverboard, I have no mag laced shoes.
Speaker 3: I can't selfing jackets.
Speaker 2: We don't have those exactly. We don't have any of this clap So yeah, I'm a little I'm a little heartbroken about that. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking her, do you? All right? Do you guys have sir?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Fucking her?
Speaker 1: Fucking her her.
Speaker 3: That's a quote from Arrested Development.
Speaker 1: Oh right, all right, well, Caitlin, what a pleasure having you the daily?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Follow you, get notes on their screenplay from you? All that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: You can do that, and you can go to my website Kaitlinduronte dot com and the contact to me if you if you have a screenplay and you want notes on it, or if you want to take my screenwriting classes.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 3: In addition to that, you can listen to the Bechdel Cast and we have some upcoming live shows. Oh shit, wowie wow. One's in Los Angeles where you could also go to a Titanic escape room if you wanted.
Speaker 1: To tell them about the Titanic Escape room, then I can.
Speaker 2: Buction that off for charity. I've bet people would pay so much money to do a fucking escape a Titanic escape room with y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so true. I'm just saying, your chance to me, Oh wow, you're a cheamer.
Speaker 2: To escape the Titanic and do do something good for humanity. We don't have. People don't want to be an escape room with me, So I just I have ideas for one. We'll see. I mean, nobody showed up to my birthday.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, go on the LA.
Speaker 3: Show January nineteenth at Dynasty Typewriter. It's a little four pm Mattinee okay, And it's also being live streams. So if you don't live in LA, you can buy a ticket watch the I know, first of all, why would you do?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: But if you don't and you don't want to pay a bazillion dollars for rent, I get it. But you can buy a ticket to see the live stream of the show. And even if you can't watch it, as it's like being live streamed in that very moment, the like like the feed, the stream, the video will be available for like a week afterward. So that's that show. Then Jamie and I are doing are famed Shrek Tanic shows. One is the Titanic show in San Francisco is a part of Sketch Fest on January twenty third. For that show, I have promised that if it sells out, I will get naked on stage so that Jamie can draw me like one of her French girls.
Speaker 1: Wow to see my tennies.
Speaker 3: Please buy a ticket to that show them I am nine tit Dracula, and so in a way I should have been cast as no spar too. Really fucked up that I wasn't. I've got nine titties, nine.
Speaker 1: Nipples, and the Titanic with its namesake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, precisely, So please come to that show in San Francisco. And then our third and final show of this mini tour is in Portland on January twenty sixth, and that is also part of the Shrek Tannic like tour. But that is a Shrek show that's also being streamed. Yeah, so all those tickets at the what venue in Portland Curious Comedy Theater, Okay, one of our faves we always play there at when we go to Portland. But yeah, so that's a live show plus live stream on January twenty sixth, same deal with like, get the live stream ticket and you can watch it for up to a week afterward. I will not be getting naked at that show. So the only show you can see me naked at potentially is the San Francisco one. And that's the huge selling point of this whole tour. Me not you know, the comedy in the in the wonderful thoughts that Jamie and I will express.
Speaker 2: Well, that's smart because in a city like Portland, where there's such a concentration of adult entertainment clubs, exactly, you're not going to compete.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like titties. I saw them already today. So it's really just San Francisco, which is famously a very conservative.
Speaker 2: No, I've never seen nudity on the streets of San Francisco in my life.
Speaker 3: So but any anyway, you can get tickets to all those shows at link Tree slash Bechtel Cast. Yeah, and those are all my plugs.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Is there a work a media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: I've been rewatching the show staff Lets Flats, which is a very British show starting Jamie Demetrio and it's very fun and I like it and yes, and I just started watching Dairy Girls, so shows from across the Pond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great one. Nice Miles. Where can people find you with their work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, find me at Miles of Gray, wherever they have at symbols, find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Moles and Jack imed boot Booties. And also find me talking ninety day fiance on four to twenty day Fiance. No work of social media or media. I what did I watch? That was kind of fucking weird over the break? Oh dude, I was so, I was this is obviously the time has passed for holiday stuff. But I got into watching seventies, like like the Dean Martin Sinatra holiday specials. That's just them being drunk for most of the time in singing songs and stuff. Those specials are fucking wild to watch from this like perspective, and you're like, is he hitting on Dean? Is Frank Sinatra hitting on Dean Martin's daughter in front of Dean Martin? And Dean Martin's like, all right, Frank, what the here?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I watched that to see some old, tiny, bad media and that's all I can really recommend. Right now, Where do you find that YouTube?
Speaker 1: Hmm?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go, all right. I was enjoying.
Speaker 1: Did y'all see Jeremy Strung's outfit?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh my god, hold on, I'm gonna put this ship, is it? I was so fucking upset when I saw this outfit because I thought he was doing a fucking bit. He had all the Lore Paddington outfit.
Speaker 1: With with sunglasses, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Andy put the sunglasses on like a dick.
Speaker 3: He what is he?
Speaker 2: He really is? Yeah? Some Kendall Roy shit.
Speaker 1: Mike Bouve tweeted, stylist, what do you want to do for the Golden Globes, Jeremy Strong. I'm thinking Hunter S. Thompson in the Beastie Boys stylist, got it, Jeremy Strong, Paddington's cousin who sells coke stylist. Okay, Jeremy Strong, Stanley Tucci playing Gilligate stylist, Right, you're just shared.
Speaker 3: Compared it to the Ann Christias diaries.
Speaker 8: Yeah, good stuff, great stuff.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien and on Blue Sky at Jack oh b the Number one. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeikeeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page or website dailyzeike Gist dot com. Uh you can check out check out the show notes, the description of the episodes you're listening to, where you can find the footnotes where we link off the information we talked about in today's episode? Who is the song that we think you might enjoy? Miles? Is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, after just the talk of Nosferatu, I got spooky in my mind and I decided let's just go out on the spooky sort of like experimental hip hop track from a duo from North London called Ivy Lab. The track is called Low Risk Offer. It is very like it's experimental. Yeah, so somebody' all might hear this and like, do say what my mom used to say when she'd hear me listening to electronic music and she goes, are you listening to noise again? But this is kind of noisy experimental hip hop. I don't know, it's spooky. It feels like it'd probably be in one of those Eggers movies probably coming up. So anyway, ivy lab with low risk offer.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily Guys is a production of by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: M h m hm