Speaker 1: Okay, everyone, we all have the parts we're going to be singing right, yup.
Speaker 2: Good bye.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll only have a short time in the recording studio, so we've.
Speaker 3: Got to make sure we're ready.
Speaker 4: I'm going home right outdoors my part. I'll be ready for mine too. Right then when we all come together in the studio, we'll.
Speaker 3: Be the best singers hammer.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Stories for Kids, Ye Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Today we're examining music. I think we all have songs that we love to hear, but what makes them sound so good? Today the Lingo Kids friends are going to be figuring that out, and it might not be as easy as they think. Let's check on the rehearsals. I think Elliott is practicing right now.
Speaker 2: Ding dong ding dong, ding dong ding dog. Wow, I sound great. Oh but maybe it's just a shower ding dong ding dong Nope, still great. I wonder how Colie's doing her part.
Speaker 4: Hard cow, the bell's sweet silver bells all seem to say, throw cares away.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is.
Speaker 1: Going really well.
Speaker 5: I hope Lisa's working on her part. Why these do you where?
Speaker 6: I've got your fro everywhere feeling there?
Speaker 8: Hmm.
Speaker 1: I wonder how Billy's doing.
Speaker 6: Billy's been working hard getting ready for his part.
Speaker 1: Well, if everyone sounds as good as I did, I think we're going to be awesome.
Speaker 6: I'd better get down to the recording studio.
Speaker 1: I meet up with Elliott, Cowie and Billy.
Speaker 6: What do you think, lingo kids listeners? How do you think the friends will sound when they all sing together?
Speaker 8: All right, everyone, I'm your recording engineer. I'll be the one recording your song today. Can you step into the booth please?
Speaker 2: Wow, it's so cool in here.
Speaker 5: I feel like a professional singer.
Speaker 8: Okay, everyone ready, I'll count you in a one and a two hard.
Speaker 5: Let's try that one again? King ing, wait for my cue? Please?
Speaker 1: What's a cue?
Speaker 2: The bandy?
Speaker 5: Let's take it from the top the top of what Maybe we should just take five?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I love that song? Just take five?
Speaker 7: Just take five?
Speaker 5: Sound Christmas this year?
Speaker 3: But wait, Christmas isn't here yet.
Speaker 5: Why are we doing this song?
Speaker 1: People listen to Christmas songs earlier and earlier every year.
Speaker 3: It'll be perfect.
Speaker 5: WHOA, what's that?
Speaker 1: It's like the sound of flower makes when it blooms. It's the sound of the sun rising.
Speaker 2: It's the sound that a little bird makes when it takes to the air for.
Speaker 5: The very first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Actually it's my friend, your friend. Sure, that's Cynthia. She's a professional singer and songwriter. I think she's working on her new album. Maybe we can peek in and say, hi.
Speaker 3: Sin, Hi, come in.
Speaker 6: We are working on recording a song too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cool. How's it going. It's not so great.
Speaker 7: Actually, we're actually not fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kanka, No, not really. Oh not great. Hey, well maybe I can help. Let's hear what you got what?
Speaker 9: Oh, let me guess you all have been rehearsing by yourselves.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I guess. Well this shouldn't be too hard to fix. Really, we're stipreddy new at this. When did you start singing?
Speaker 6: Sin?
Speaker 9: I started writing music or just singing out loud, making up songs.
Speaker 3: You know what. I can't remember when I started to do it.
Speaker 9: I must have been three or four years old, when I kind of started singing along to the radio, or when I was alone in my room kind of making up songs by myself.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 9: Cool and I've always felt like, because I'm able to do that, that music is a friend for me, a friend, you know. Even when I'm alone in my room, I can sing out loud, and I can write about something and maybe write a poem or something, and it always just kind of feels like I have someone who's listening.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 7: I don't think we're ready for that yet. We sound kind of clunky.
Speaker 3: We've just got to get you on beat and on key, on beat, on key, exactly. And the best thing you can do is listen to each other.
Speaker 4: Sin, But don't we need to focus on our own parts.
Speaker 6: You're right, Elliott, But if you're listening to what's going on around you, you can stay on key. Certain sounds fit really nicely together, and those make nice music.
Speaker 5: Like the one you just heard from Sin.
Speaker 6: Sin.
Speaker 3: What was your favorite song when you were a kid.
Speaker 9: Well, it's not a very popular song, but it is a classic song, so.
Speaker 3: If you don't know it, I encourage you to listen to it.
Speaker 9: It's a song called Crazy by Patsy Klein. And when I was growing up, we had these things called cassette tapes, and I was so in love with this song that my grandmother recorded it on a cassette tape from the radio. Bought me a little cassette player and I used to play it over and over just by myself.
Speaker 3: And this was before I was in kid What about your kids?
Speaker 6: What do they like?
Speaker 9: My daughter is only a year old, So when she's when I'm changing her diaper, I sing the Almo La La La La La La La La Beatrix's.
Speaker 3: Song, you know, and I put her name in it, and I say, can you sing La la la? And she tries. So that's kind of how I'm introducing them to music.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody, can you tune in with me?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: You got it. The next thing is that you're all going at different speeds.
Speaker 9: Let me show you something. See how I'm keeping a beat. You know exactly when the next clap is gonna come? Right, I watch, I'll double it.
Speaker 1: Oh and now I still know when the clouds are coming, even though you changed it.
Speaker 3: That's right. Don't think about just your part. Think of each other and you'll do great.
Speaker 5: Think of each other. You got it.
Speaker 3: Keep following it through.
Speaker 9: If you have an idea and you want to put it out through music, you can do it, and it's possible. Also keep practicing. If you don't get it the one day, you might get it the next.
Speaker 2: That's a good lesson.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else that music has taught you?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 9: Music has taught me so much about myself and so much about the world. Music has taught me that we can connect, you know, in ways greater than just language, through just dancing to a beat and and universal themes, themes that no matter what language you speak, you you understand happiness and sadness, and you know all of that.
Speaker 3: But on a like a personal level.
Speaker 9: Music has taught me to never give up, that there's always a solution in my music, to just keep going even when it seems hard.
Speaker 4: Wow, thanks sick, you're the best.
Speaker 3: No problem, you're all ready to give it a try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wha two wha to to.
Speaker 5: Know you.
Speaker 6: Were cut? So were those?
Speaker 7: Also?
Speaker 6: Just say three year? Well, that's our episode and what a special one it was with a very special guest. We'd like to thank Sin, whose new album comes out in November.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 6: We learned a lot about music and also how it can translate to our regular lives. If we listen to each other and support one another, we can be more connected. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Hi, it's Elliott here. Did you hear lingo Kids?
Speaker 5: Big News?
Speaker 7: The new season of the Growing Up podcast Family is already live. This time, Luis and his furry friend Maxie will join Emily to find out what it takes to be whatever you want. In this season, you can meet real comedians, scientists, cake artists, firefighters, athletes, and others. Just search for Little Kids Growing Up Dream and you can be