Speaker 1: The Around the NFL podcast is back in the Chris Westling podcast Studio. Welcome to another edition of Around the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yes, back in the Chris Westling Podcast Studio.
Speaker 1: My name is Dan, hansis Greg Rosenthal.
Speaker 2: And Mark Sessler.
Speaker 1: The whole gang tumbles cesse.
Speaker 3: I think for the first time in the history of this podcast, I am without laptop.
Speaker 4: That's what you're leading with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, during our break, I attempted it like, hey, I haven't seen you get well, No, it probably, I guess, so great to be back together.
Speaker 1: We'll find it is wonderful you're wearing black denim at the end of July, like you could have lead with that.
Speaker 4: Well the jackets back.
Speaker 3: I feel very naked though I have leave out despite what I'm wearing. Like it it's I got this laptop in twenty sixteen, and I tea about a month ago said you need this. This isn't even a functionally trackable product at our company where you need to get a new one. And I refuse to because I have all my stuff set up the way that you want to write a computer. I tempted to check email from home, yes, and I heard this just loud pop and the whole thing just turned off and it's gone.
Speaker 1: So it's terrible.
Speaker 3: I have no work, so it's a good I cannot do. I was gonna be productive to do any work.
Speaker 2: Are you yeah?
Speaker 1: Setting expectations near the floor for today's episode.
Speaker 2: Our first together in over a month, and here at the studio.
Speaker 3: I have created on my phone dense notes.
Speaker 2: Very nice.
Speaker 4: It was a little break for all of us from each other too. Were so up in each other's business that even one month apart in person felt felt like the longest that we've probably done since we stuck.
Speaker 2: How you doing? You doing well?
Speaker 4: I mean I got to see you guys, and good? So that was nice. We've texted and I'm feeling good with it. I'm feeling good to be back my parents. My family is not back, so I'm just so huh, I'm sola for a couple of.
Speaker 1: What have you?
Speaker 3: What have you done that you wouldn't want people to know about? In theirsence, I would be proud of it all, not hiding anything.
Speaker 4: It's not Barbie, you know. By myself, I don't know if I would want people to know that. I just decided to go by myself, was gonna go to the friend and that fell through. I was like, let's go, let's go, and it was great.
Speaker 1: Was it just you and a lot of teen girls? And it was a young police eyeing you suspiciously?
Speaker 4: It was a young crow.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's making massive money. I'm gonna go see the double bill soon, Barbenheimer Oppenheimer first and then Barbie after.
Speaker 2: Very nice.
Speaker 3: I can't even find a seat right now. It's sold out. It.
Speaker 2: I got nine thirty am tickets for the seventy millimeter.
Speaker 1: Brouh not Barbie Oppenheimer Friday, going at six am on Saturday.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding. No, there's a six I believe, ye, I believe it set up in Hollywood. There's a six am and then you go see O Barbie at ten am afterwards and you're doing it.
Speaker 1: Yes, very nice. Without my laptop, that's at Hollywood Life. Sleep not necessary.
Speaker 4: On Hollywood Dad Life though, six am. Who else is there at six am? That's outrageous? Hack Theater, Greg.
Speaker 2: It's good to see.
Speaker 1: Here, though, Mark, I did you know the Goodwill hunting scene where Ben Affleck's character is like the best ten seconds of my day is when I walk up to the house and I think.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's not there. For me, it's the opposite.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I walk past this glass of the studio and I'm like, is Mark not going to be there?
Speaker 2: And that would be a horrible day. We haven't seen you in a long time.
Speaker 1: You're here, which means it looks like we'll get another season with Mark.
Speaker 3: I will be here for this season. There are multiple financial responsibilities that make sure that ensure that I will.
Speaker 2: Do about the money.
Speaker 3: You say, it's not It is about the passions and.
Speaker 1: Greg, all the guys, well, we are all back together.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: Today's show is a fun one because one of our best buds on the around the in the around the NFL universe, Connor Orr, is joining us for Team Slogans twenty twenty three. But first, let's do some news.
Speaker 5: I've been exploring for Saints hed a touchdown for their own thirty four yard line to backfield. Breeze throws Jimmy Graham.
Speaker 6: Makes the catch inside of thine and Graham is in shot at ten and he takes it all the way for ay Saints go ahead touchdown sixty six yards from Breeze to Graham.
Speaker 2: No, dude, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 1: I believe that is the twenty twelve Divisional Playoff Classic between the Saints and Niners. In fact, Graham has a huge touchdown passed from Drew Brees to put the Saints ahead. And I believe that's the Vernon Davis game right where he makes you catch in the final seconds on a pass from Alex Smith and was it Smith?
Speaker 2: Seems that long ago.
Speaker 1: Trying on the field Vernon Davis a tremendous game in NFL playoff history. Jimmy Graham was the star of that Saints offense. But he we are all these years later and Jimmy Graham is back with the Saints after an eight year absence. They reached a deal the team with a thirty six year old. It's a one year deal.
Speaker 2: Greg. This one really was stunning to me.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a joke and I saw you send out the news rundown just because Yeah, he was out of football last year, but then he was really quiet the last couple of years in Chicago, and it felt like he was out of the league for about five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently it was just one, but still wild. He's back in the NFL for now.
Speaker 4: I think, like a lot of people, I thought for a second. It was a one day contract that would make sense. I we usually try to lose you lead the news with like something that's the biggest impact, and I don't think this is necessarily making the biggest hit back. But it was such a like what moment and it reminded me back in very early days around the NFL podcast when we would be debating like Graham versus Gronk, Like Jimmy Graham like on track to be one of the great tight ends of all time? Is Jimmy Graham a Hall of famer if you look at his like all pros. Early in his career it fell off quick, But I do like that we just we bring in Derek Carr and we bring back Jimmy Graham. It's like everything's cool now.
Speaker 2: I know the Saints, are they weird? Get Drew Brees weird? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is just I thought this was a since. I thought it was like, come and retire with us, come do a one day thing. And I don't know what you what you expect to get from at this point. I just I find it to be a very odd signing. It's just nostalgic. Mickey limis just going nostalgie on us.
Speaker 2: Let's go on with a step chart.
Speaker 4: You got Johan Johnson who they actually like him, very quiet, team friendly, good deal for both side contract this offseason where they paid him, which which I liked a former receiver taste it. You know, it had to have been Jimmy Graham reaching out and saying, I'm working out every day, just give me a chance. They're not giving him much money, like, and they felt like, all right, well we'll take a look at you.
Speaker 1: How long ago was that playoff moment for Jimmy Graham after he ran to the end zone. Shocking, And that's one of my favorite sports things when you make a huge play in a game on the road and you could hear the crowd go from a roar, deafening roar for the home team to more of like a scattered yelling of the visiting fans. And also there's always women screaming for the home team, just I think in just like agony of what's happened when you hear that, that's the ultimate road trip situation for a scoring Sorry, my Apple watch distracted me. Then he slams it over the upright the crossbar, which has been illegal. I thought for twenty seven years, but apparently, you know, at that time it was legal. They allowed him to do it. And let's come back to the future. And women screamed. They screamed in other and I'm sure there were some men screaming too. Shut out.
Speaker 3: It's everyone everyone, children, everyone's screaming together.
Speaker 1: No children were screaming. They were very under control in that moment. Saquon Barkley and the Giants, here's another head scratcher. Saquon Barkley has been with other running backs, really upset about the market and all that We've talked about it on the show. I said, I was really intrigued and slash shook about the text chain that all the running backs are on. And then they did a zoom call twenty twenty style that got me noivous, Like what are these guys up to? It'd be sad, Just like this will make you sad.
Speaker 4: Take them, Nick Chubb and all these guys like using their Saturday night on a zoom call.
Speaker 2: It's sad.
Speaker 1: The Giants and Sequon Barkley greet the terms on a one year contract worth up to eleven million. Rap Sheet reported Tuesday morning. For sources informed of the situation. The deal includes a two million dollars signing bonus. The Giants, you may remember, place the franchise tag on Barkley worth ten point zero nine to one million, which is a fully guaranteed contract. And you try to figure out what does this mean and all it is. It looks like to me, Mark is you know, you know it's in the NFL with salaries you usually think of sweetener. It's a few million bucks. This is under a million dollars in terms of incentives Barkley can hit. I guess it's some type of compromise, but really not much. It just again shows you what's going on for running backs who can't get the respect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's just there's zero leverage, and I mean the idea that Barkley would have skipped games or missed time. It's a no win situation I think for these running backs. And like I heard Chris sim say something interesting that like where did this all begin? Like where does this chard back to? Like the devaluation? And I think you could look at the Shanahans with their wide zone scheme that like you could plug almost anyone in and they're super productive, and it's like the running back value has nose dived, and I think Barkley's just the latest example of it. I mean, it's just there's no way to win in this situation contract wise.
Speaker 4: I think some of it's just timing though, like Joe Mixon, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey all got huge contracts that wasn't that long ago, and they were good players, and there hasn't been like great running backs coming up. I'm gonna I'm curious to see what kind of deal Chubb gets. The thing that was most surprising to me about this was I don't know if my old boss Floria was on the Zoom call or if you just heard like a play by play, because apparently everyone on the Zoom call left the Zoom call knowing that Saquon was like, I'm not gonna hold out. I'm not really planning on that, and Josh Jacobs on the Zoom call kind of made it clear like I'm I'm mad, I'm going home, I'm gonna push this thing. I'm like, who's on this Zoom call? So I guess Saquon had no leverage. The incentives are interesting, they're they're pretty reachable, so he got a little something He got a little upfront money too with the signing bonus, but he didn't get any promise. Our Mike Garriffolo pointed out that they wouldn't tag him again. So if he actually has a good year and he gets those incentives, you know, why wouldn't they just tag him again. It's a tough spot.
Speaker 1: But that's why this was so confused. First of all, I didn't realize. I thought that July seventeenth deadline for working out a deal was it, But apparently that's just for a long term deal. You could still work out a deal for a one year contract. But to me, if Barkley runs for two thousand yards this year, wouldn't be the only positive of the way this played out this year was you eliminate them being able to use that tag on you for now year? Was that worth maybe in a million a million bucks incentives this year?
Speaker 2: I don't. None of it makes sense to me. It's making my brain hurt.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for Saquon because he's making this money in his quarterback, who he's a better football player than, is making like triple the amount of him, And it's just kind of weird.
Speaker 4: But the triggers by the way thirteen hundred and fifty rushing years, says a lot, sixty five catches, eleven touchdowns, and the team making the playoffs. It's probably spread through all those.
Speaker 2: To make what and that will trigger what kind of.
Speaker 4: Nine hundred thousand total?
Speaker 2: How bizarre is this? Pennies?
Speaker 1: So he gave up the right to make the franchise tag prohibitive for the team to make potentially nine hundred grand if he hits a ton of incentives, including one that he can't really control the team making the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like the relationship with the Giants will be over after this season.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Flora also reported the Giants desperately try to trade him after tagging him initially, calling up double digit teams couldn't find a deal. So I would if I was him, I would also feel unloved and a weird spot. Let's move on. Let's check in with the Raiders. A lot cooking with the Raiders. Let's start with the Las Vegas Review Journal confirms that Jimmy Garoppolo will have quote no restrictions and Raiders can't be avoided the pup list on Sunday, and the Raiders feel really good about Jimmy G going full bore in the summer. What could go wrong? This is positive obviously, Mark, because there are reports in the early summer like his foot might not be right. They might be able to get out of this deal, and it smelled like a potential boondoggle. Hey, this could still be a boondoggle depending on how he holds up physically this summer and through the year. But at least they can go into the season with Brian Hoyer not taking first team reps.
Speaker 3: Well, right, I mean, I always felt like Jimmy G would be back in time for this, but like they really had no plan beyond him, and I think I viewed the Raiders as like a highly disorganized scenario at this point. I just I don't quite get what was going on with the Raiders in general. But Jimmy G's health was pivotal. And I mean, I think they always wanted Tom Brady. I think that was kind of their plan going into the off season. This was planned B, but Plan B would have turned into a very awful plan.
Speaker 2: See, had he not been healthy.
Speaker 4: We're hoping to have on a rap sheet in Rapaport on Wednesday. This was one of the things I was kind of wanted to ask him the Vegas situation. He was tight with McDaniels back in the day when he was covering the just there's a lot, there's a lot cooking there. I mentioned Jacobs and like he left Vegas, like the city he left Vegas and our Pallisero, the pell raiser said he he's not planning to come back anytime soon. It is one hundred and fifteen degrees there every day and people probably are like, you know, asking him on the street, I would get out of thereet.
Speaker 2: I can't do more than like three days in Vegas. I can't imagine doing the entire summer.
Speaker 1: Marcus Peters, formerly of the Ravens, signs a one year deal with the Raiders as well, so they get think that.
Speaker 4: Was really good, exciting. I think he'll start for them. See if he's got any he still could play. Last year he was okay, yes, in the tank.
Speaker 1: In other news, let's talk about the twenty twenty two team of around the NFL, the Detroit Lions. Jamison Williams already facing a six game suspension for violating the NFL's gambling policy this season. He's gonna miss time now, in training camp. This is all just ominous with Jamison Williams. He suffered a leg injury on Monday and we'll miss at least a few days of training camp. He is an important player for them. They hope to have him back obviously sometime in the fall. He's got to stay healthy. He missed a lot of last season coming off a college knee injury. Williams, it's time for him to get in the news for things other than negative things that we're gonna have to wait some time for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's up time of like training cap. You don't want to overreact to like who's on the pup list who's not, But that one that was a little bit of an eyebrow raiser and then Chauncey Gardner Johnson getting hurt early. But it doesn't look like it's going to be two sis.
Speaker 1: In otherwide receiver news don't like this one either, A Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said Kadarius Tony underwent knee surgery to clean up cartilage. According to rap Sheet, he tweaked it in his knee in training camp last week. We will see how long he'll be out. Could be for weeks though it could be an extended absence, putting Tony's week one in question, And Mark, isn't this the whole thing? And we're all excited about Utarius Tony having a full year with Patrick Mahones and being potentially a number one guy, But this has been his story.
Speaker 3: He can't stay healthy, absolutely the narrative, and like it's like they they need him. I think they need him to be I don't know what the number one wide receiver part of it will see, because it's like his availability is always in question, but their offense without him loses a major dynamic weapon. I thought that he was one of the biggest reasons that they surged down the stretch won the Super Bowl the way they used him, and like you were hoping to see that from week one and it's like we'll even be there.
Speaker 4: He got hurt in the first special team's portion of practice. You know when we go to the summer practice and they kind of not goofing around, but they're doing special teams before the real practice start. Like he didn't make it to that real practice on the first day, and that's why it's like he did a lot of honking and might as well enjoy it. When you're the Super Bowl champion. But it's a lot of honkin And I'm a huge Tony fan, like to giants like I'm gonna be the number one guy, and it's like you can't even make it through the first first practice. It's depressing.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs also won't have Chris Jones on the field, at least initially in training camp. He did not report to camp a midst ongoing contract negotiations. He wants to be one of the highest paid defensive linemen in the league. Kansas City has to try to figure out how to make it work with the Defensive Player of the Year finalists and in other Superstars Defender news, it is just came down the wire from pell Raiser. Forty nine Ers coach Kyle Shanahan says he doesn't expect star edge rusher Nick Bosa to practice without a new contract, so money matters.
Speaker 4: So is Bosa there though in like not hold in and is it a hold in hold in? So for listeners, I don't know if you're that interested in this, but this new CBA you can be fined fifty thout. You have to be fined fifty thousand dollars a day and they say in the CBA that they can't just wave it later, like like you used to be able to. I think Bosa there was whispers that it might be a hold in. It sounds like Daniel Hunter, the the defensive end for the Vikings who's kind of been in a contract dispute of offseason, is doing something similar. But Cowboys guard Zach Martin is not showing up to camp. Chris Jones is not showing up to camp. Those guys are are made men, but fifty thousand dollars a day is a lot. So it's interesting because very few veterans have tried this out since it's happened.
Speaker 2: It's a little funny.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, Mark, what without the laptop, you just have your phone in between your arms, and I feel there's a level of anxiety.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's I.
Speaker 3: Like, the laptop just was this thing that i've you know, it's like a par piece of my body.
Speaker 2: Right, That's why you led with it out of our long break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like Mark shows up, you know, three hours early to shows and stuff. He just likes to be comfortable, be familiar, no surprise. So I'm seeing that because you had mentioned the computer situation to us, but.
Speaker 3: Over text because I knew that I knew it would have anything lined up with it. I visited with them and they gave me a mysterious answer, So I'm not sure they actually were not secure that I could get a new laptop.
Speaker 4: If you, if you do watch on YouTube, and you should subscribe. You know we're a big show. We need those subscribers up. We're bigger audioized, certainly than YouTube. Then you can see Mark's little little phone.
Speaker 3: You are right that I got here hours ago and ended up eating like breakfast alone in my car, like non dioscomat like I just thought it was a very strange morning leading up to this entire show.
Speaker 4: Strange if there's plenty of tables and.
Speaker 2: Like three people in it right now.
Speaker 4: So just about up there, there's literally a whole cafeteria with indoor tables, outdoor tables.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to be alone, and I eat alone up there all the time, like no one's gonna I can't explain.
Speaker 1: You're not at a celebrity at the level of Mark. He can't be out in the open. He won't be able to even have a bite with U.
Speaker 4: He doesn't watch any shadowy league execs coming up and like asking him how his summer went.
Speaker 1: Yes, any colleagues, bosses, Oh hey, what's up, Mark, how's your summer been?
Speaker 3: That is to you the hell that you can't even You could come find me in my car and knock on the window. Perhaps I roll it down, maybe like awesome, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll you'll turn that kind of weird story into a surprisingly successful Hollywood career as an actor.
Speaker 1: This is what he's in Hollywood feels like a stretch got the jacket.
Speaker 2: NFL networks to raise are all over the news reports inhim.
Speaker 1: Hines, the Bill's running back, separate a significant knee injury off site and is expected to miss the entire twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 2: You know what he did.
Speaker 4: He's on a damn jets but the details will let you you won't blame him for it.
Speaker 2: Well, he got crashed.
Speaker 4: He was on a stationary one like at the dock.
Speaker 2: He got banged in a big spot.
Speaker 3: These water sports are very perilous.
Speaker 1: And imagine imagine the goon, the goober who's racing towards this running back, ready to assume a key role on a Super Bowl contender, and just slams into his leg.
Speaker 3: What do we know who the other? Was it a man or a female or a male or female?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure a man or a woman.
Speaker 4: Might have been a Jets fan or something good.
Speaker 2: Vin. Yeah, we were targeting the heem Hines. That is the key. Don't break.
Speaker 4: I mean he had had some big verment those returns. Remember week eighteen where was it? Were Electric actually make their backfield?
Speaker 1: Then if it was Robert Sala, right, would that be the biggest NFL story of the last twenty years.
Speaker 3: That's Sala intentionally jet skid into Hines. That would be a large story.
Speaker 2: No, the biggest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's let's keep Aaron Hernandez and so forth out of it. Like in terms of non murder news, would it be the biggest story the head coach of the Jets now Sawny hem Hines is such a threat that he rented a jet ski and crashed it into the knee of the It's not a story that would go away very quickly.
Speaker 4: I don't think he'd be the biggest. It'd be fun. It'd be more fun if he hired someone and then like someone connected the dots, like they have text messages of him like going on a Reddit site. Is Connor on by the way, I feel bad for Nah.
Speaker 1: All right, we gotta we gotta move on. We gotta take a break. But before we do, I have a promo to read Football is Back Baby. Celebrate by watching his teams across the league take the field for training camp Back Together Weekend presented by YouTube with two full days of practices, player interviews, miked up moments, and fan fests across the league. It's a can't miss NFL reunion, even if around the NFL isn't involved. NFL Network and NFL Plus have you covered with coverage on Saturday, July twenty ninth and Sunday July thirtieth, with additional coverage on ABC and ESPN. Go to NFL dot com Slash Back Together Weekend for ways to watch, and we will be watching as well.
Speaker 3: On the case I we'll be sitting here. They have not asked us to do a shred leverage on there.
Speaker 2: Put us in coach Greg, put a bow on it.
Speaker 4: You better be careful what you wish for.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's a good point. Take a break and we'll bring in Connor or.
Speaker 2: Toknap. This is a serious.
Speaker 1: Welcome joining us now is an all time sab I want to put him on Mount Rushmore. Put him on Mount Rushmore, fight me on it. He is from Sports Illustrated. He wrote the Sauce Gardener cover story you saw a couple of months back, and now he's back for another appearance on Around the NFL.
Speaker 2: It's Connor or are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: Hello? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Hello? Body were doing?
Speaker 4: We'll be talking Mount Rushmore of guests.
Speaker 2: How about because he was of the show.
Speaker 4: I mean he was once a member of Around the NFL, you know the news black We never really I.
Speaker 2: Feel I could be.
Speaker 1: I'd be selling Connor short to say that he's on that Mount Rushmore. I just mean, like anyone connected with the show. If you say I have to put four people, I'm putting or on, Okay.
Speaker 3: And also like if you're gonna have to carve his face into a you know, a Dakota mountain side. The current version of Connor ORR is about his fit and ready to go as we've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Is that a jawline? I see there, sir.
Speaker 7: I was recently called overweight, which was funny. I approached I was approached by an older gentleman at the beach, and he looked at me and he said, what happened to you? I used to be in such good shape? This vaguely yeah, so I'm I'm getting ready to go now. That pumped me up for this connor.
Speaker 2: That story is so bizarre. Wait, who is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't go any we have team slogans of twenty twenty three to get to. But how well did you know this man is a family friend? Did you go to the beach with him? Did you happen upon us his book?
Speaker 7: Like I saw him. I've seen him a few times, and I guess in between the last time, in the current time, which was about a year and a half, I would say separated, he said that I gained an unacceptable amount of weight.
Speaker 3: An what an untoward approach. We're not getting the full story here. No, well, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: He seems to carry some type of grudge against And it's like speaking for millions of Americans and people across the world that struggle with weight.
Speaker 2: And you'll go up and down at times in your life.
Speaker 1: Just talk about it in private. Don't say it to me, don't approach me. I'm already aware of my body. Maybe I haven't been on the peloton. Maybe I've been on vacation, Like, let me work out my stuff. Don't come to me on the beach when I got my shirt off in my most vulnerable state face.
Speaker 3: And to Greg's question, what was his what? What did the old man's body look like himself?
Speaker 7: Phenomenal?
Speaker 2: Like that's not.
Speaker 7: Even worse like early Austrian Schwarzenegger, you know, like so you.
Speaker 1: Know it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Hey Connor, I'm sorry, man, y'ar enough, you know, I know, how are you, buddy?
Speaker 1: Before we get into the slogans, You're very busy, So I'm curious, like, what is SI got you going? You're going around the country visiting a bunch of camps. You got what you got going on?
Speaker 7: We're doing some we're doing some training camp tour stuff. The football preview issues coming out soon. We have a lot of fun projects planned for the year that I'm very excited about that we're working on. So I would just get the plug in now. You subscribe to the magazine now and you'll get all of that stuff, you know. So that's that's what I would do. I would hop on the old computer and uh and figure that out.
Speaker 1: Right, and you could find uh connor on X at uh an.
Speaker 7: So wait are we doing threads? That are we doing X?
Speaker 3: I cannot handle threads. I did threads for about two days and I was just like, this is utterly worthless. I will not spend a second of my life doing another thread.
Speaker 1: The best part of the best part of this ongoing saga is everyone on Twitter like getting all like you know, they're underpants, and a bunch like.
Speaker 2: Well, well this is it.
Speaker 1: Here's my threads, and then like two weeks later, Oh, I can't take this anymore.
Speaker 2: Here's my threads. See you over there. It's like, why do you keep coming back?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said you were going.
Speaker 4: I think if if threads fixes the algorithm where it's like where it's like Twitter, eventually that could potentially be an option. But as annoying as X is, as like a title like it's on us, we got to just keep calling it Twitter. The fact that wrote the world, and I don't know if anyone saw that that works there listens to this show. But the fact that they're going Ian Rappaport on X as the link that they're linking to. You don't have to do that. You're making that choice.
Speaker 2: Journalistically, they do.
Speaker 4: No, they don't. They could just say on Twitter, if you go to Twitter dot com, it still works, like.
Speaker 1: You could call it the website formerly known as Twitter. I mean, you want to be accurate that the owner did change.
Speaker 4: Then I see Tom pelisero on X. I'm thinking all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 7: I would never I would never google Tom pelisero on X. I think that would be my approach, though. I honestly thought when I when I was asked to start a threads, I was like, Okay, what would Mark do, because he's sort of my north star for a lot of social media stuff, and I did. I just started. I started posting pictures of dB Cooper, just no links to anything, just just pictures of dB Cooper. And I was like, that way I can build a base over here by really talking about what I'm passionate about, and then once Twitter firebombs out of existence, then I can just pop over here. And I got my dB Cooper folks.
Speaker 2: I love the approach.
Speaker 3: I've only used it to post strange photos and it's like, I will not be duplicating the tweet that I put out on threads, Like then then we're just dipping into ultra narcissism, and I just I don't need it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to take both of them off my face. You're you're I'm done with It's like, why am I on Threads? Why I was two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Then I realized I don't need to be doing this this. I don't need to take this going either.
Speaker 1: My outlook on this is I'm going forward full Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 2: I'm not going anywhere because it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: This goober is gonna sell it eventually, and then whoever buys its back, Oh, we're gonna bring it back to what it was and it will be Twitter again and the bird will be back, and then everybody will be back from threat. But people aren't even leaving to go to Threads. It's not really happenings taking your heels and I like that. Yeah, not supporting the name change or anything, but I don't really care that much. Everybody's going to relax a little bit. He's doing it on purpose. He's trying to get you mad. Don't let him get you mad, Connor. That sounds like a team slogan, right, don't let him get you mad. We every year this time, we go through the entirety of the NFL, and what we try to do is come up collectively with a not collected. We all kind of throw them out team slogan that matches what we believe the team is trying to say, or maybe what kind of best represents where we see the team right now. We do it in alphabetical order and counter. I think we should just get into it and starting with the Arizona Cardinals, do you have anything for the Cards? Car just basically everybody the exercise you didn't have to do all thirty two when you were struck by inspiration, you hit it up. Anybody struck by the Cardinals count or anybody else.
Speaker 7: I did too, if that's okay. Of course I did a little extra credit. The first one was now featuring complimentary lunch limit one per customer, premium item menu items subject to additional search charge.
Speaker 2: Smart move got to get the meat in the seats deep cut.
Speaker 4: There was that report from the NFLPA that people were paying for their food and the Cardinals cafeteria, and I think that's that's a big step for the Cardinals, Like they might not win, but you can take the that little croissant and it was great.
Speaker 2: Not get charged. Do we know that the NFL doing it?
Speaker 4: Actually, I don't know according to your slogan, yes.
Speaker 3: They did, course correct.
Speaker 2: I believe on the food. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It reminds me in a Major League when they have the propeller plane and they're taping up one of the propellers with electrical tape like it makes me. It doesn't inspire confidence in any realm of the organization. To that point, my slogan I have is look away, I'm hideous.
Speaker 3: Mine was my slogan for the Arizona Cardinals was focus more on the suns.
Speaker 2: Yamm they got the right.
Speaker 4: It was not inspired by the Cardinals. I sort of left the NFC West for last, thinking we'd do it last, and like during the show.
Speaker 2: Who did the same thing last year?
Speaker 1: We went out at the quarter and then you even skipped the NFC North in entirety because you just forgot about them.
Speaker 2: We're going out at quals.
Speaker 4: Those were so good though. Sometimes though, when you hear the good ones and you have others that not, you know, you just stand down and I'm not gonna touch.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure. Did you have another Red Birds one Connor?
Speaker 7: Along those same lines. Come see the world's only triple F rated resort. Cardinals are the only team in the NFLPA survey to get three f's UFA's.
Speaker 1: Phenomenon UFA Yes, strange times. Down in the desert Atlanta Falcons, I got one here. Everybody's little pet team is ready to stop using the indoor peepads. You know, they're ready to actually be a good team. You know, so, you guys, it's on.
Speaker 4: Your radar that Mark especially enjoys the Falcon. I like the idea of it is not on the raid. We're not like they're gonna win the Super Bowl, dough. We just enjoy their style.
Speaker 1: But I think one thing, Mark, you, I think it may be is a little irritating that I've gotten a little into the Falcons this year as a team to watch. But it's just because I didn't believe the team of the last two years.
Speaker 2: I thought that was premature. Now I think maybe they could be a little bit frisky.
Speaker 3: Maybe well, I mean, I feel like we've been battling over this team for a number of seasons. I do believe them. My slogan is the son of a shipping magnate. Our coach is the author of an old school playbook sets a stun gun a soft NFC South. You will be eating our juices on a late winter day.
Speaker 2: Gross, eating the juice.
Speaker 3: You will be eating our juices on a late winter day.
Speaker 4: I was wondering if the years of doing these slogans would would shorten them, because you've seen slogans for other companies certainly since, and it would change your behavior.
Speaker 3: But no, and I like that some of them are short, some of them are.
Speaker 4: I think the Falcons could could go short, just kind of leaning into who they are as a team this year. Two words keep pounding. Oh, they steal it, they take it. They're the real keep pounding.
Speaker 1: Wait we have we have the real keep pounding guy here and Connor or you just got to let him do it.
Speaker 2: Give us one Connor. It's also tradition they pound.
Speaker 4: I just think, like what the Panthers would be totally on their heels. Grad Yeah, it'd be amazing that guy didn't make it out of sixth grade. Whoever that character is?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: How about the Baltimore Ravens. I'm sure you got one, Greg, you are a Ravens guy.
Speaker 4: I do another two order Lamar coming you lean into the wire. You could, you can, you could have a little fun with this too. You know, Omar coming, and it's like, this is the real Lamar. Lamar has been shackled, Get off the street corners. Lamar is coming this year.
Speaker 1: Let's now that you say that because I did check out the podcast from last year. Yeah, here is Greg's Ravens slogan from last year.
Speaker 4: This one's just simple. Oh you made Lamar mad, didn't you.
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, the Lamar army is strong with the Yes, Lamar is gonna be better because everyone's so right.
Speaker 4: Similarly would be just like Lamar is gonna yeah, but that had no friends to a classic Baltimore television classic line. That's totally different.
Speaker 1: But it's the same sentiment, like Lamar's here, Everything's gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: But now.
Speaker 4: We've gotten rid of Greg Roman and it's Todd Munkin for who, for some reason everyone just assumes is gonna like create the best NFL offense even though like he last ran the twenty eighteen bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine for the Ravens is no excuses, just kidding, there will always be excuses.
Speaker 2: No, mine was for the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Theories as to what caused Edgar Allan Poe's death includes suicide, murder, cholera, Rabi's syphilis, influenza, a brain tumor, and heavy alcohol usage.
Speaker 2: Always a target in this exercise.
Speaker 7: I went with, it's eighteen games to the super Bowl. We have a full tank of gas, one ACL, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Speaker 2: The Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 1: I got out for this one, tough one.
Speaker 7: I just went with sort of an exhausted like we did our best, Like you know this this place like it's cold, it's it's not a fun place to work. We tried, we almost made the Super Bowl. Like the stadium's falling down, and it's just like, what what more do you guys want? Just you know, we we we did as best as we could. It's time time to move.
Speaker 3: You can see that slogan on the side of a bill.
Speaker 2: I think that that fits.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're working on the NFL preview for Sports Illustrated. Yeah, CONAI can kind of predict where you see them standing in the AFC East come January.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the organization in the past tense.
Speaker 7: I have them because we predict all two hundred and seventy two games. I predict all two hundred and seventy two games every year, and I have them at a place where I know the day that it comes out, I will just be ignoring every phone call from like a seven to one six code, being like, can you come on the radio and talk about why you don't think the Bills are going to make the playoffs?
Speaker 4: You're definitely getting a call from the Steve Tasker show.
Speaker 2: Oh, big time Taskers hitting up.
Speaker 4: That actually kind of relates to mine, which is our fans are about to turn annoying, and I just feel like they are at the point like once you achieve a little bit of success and you start feeling yourself, but you haven't gotten over that hump, that's the point where the worm turns. I just feel like this could be a tough season. I had actually deleted that because I didn't want these to be all negative and cynical like they were last year. But no one else was jumping in with the Bills when they were a tough team.
Speaker 1: They're a tough one. They're just a remarkable amount of pressure on that team. The Carolina Panthers a big blank spot on my Excel spreadsheet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you said, like you know when you're inspired to write about one of these teams, and I did about twenty to twenty one of these. The Panthers did not inspire much same.
Speaker 4: I feel like because they have it. That's the slogan. They have the greatest slogan of all time, Connor, which is why why improve on Perfection?
Speaker 7: Lists the person who the only person who apparently completed the prompt here, I'll read the I I'll read the one that I did. My My slogan is death is nothing but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily, which is a quote from a very famous short assassin named Napoleon. And now they're quarterbacked by another.
Speaker 4: Sure the linkage there, I think the original is still better.
Speaker 1: All right, the Chicago Bears, I got this guy better be worth it. They did, They did it all the dies here they I think we all kind of agreed with their path.
Speaker 4: But now, okay or even Ryan Poles, it allows for interpretation.
Speaker 2: But that that's where the bear is that the number one pick.
Speaker 3: Do you doubt that Fields is about to make a major leap?
Speaker 1: I said on our last episode, I was a little shook with Nick shook about being overly confident, So I've been recently transitioned to like cautious optimism around fields, and if it doesn't work, the Bears might look back on the events of the spring with an insane amount of regret, but try to stay positive.
Speaker 4: It's unfair because there's like three quarterbacks taken in the top five, so if any of them turn into Hall of Fame type players, you'll always say the Bears.
Speaker 2: Pass, which doesn't happen often. Can you read that again?
Speaker 3: I loved I love the slogan, like, can you just I better be worth it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do my Bear slogan, which is more of an attack ad. It's time to start attacking, and it's just love stinks. I think, just go great at Green Bay, lean into the rivalry because I feel like that's all they really care about Bears fans. They're just kind of like, let's be better than the Packers. That's our big goal. Love stinks plus a little Jay Giles.
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 1: Giles in a big spot.
Speaker 2: Uh. Jay Giles is a Keith Hans' favorite.
Speaker 1: And one few years back we were it was a summer and it was playing. Giles came on and my dad was like, oh, Yeah, he's about to take out the licken stick. And apparently Jay Giles called his harmonica the licking stick.
Speaker 4: Wait, it's the harmonica. I thought it was guitar just because yea, you know.
Speaker 2: The licoen stick is the harmonica.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's just too strange for me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's gonna take out the licking stick.
Speaker 2: Dann, He's taking out the licking stick. I uh, do you have one, Connor?
Speaker 7: I just had. Yeah. We can't figure out Chase Claypool either.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we did give up a premium draft pick for him.
Speaker 4: Was that I Bears fans who were extremely overreacting to the fact that he started the year on the pup list and is already off. It's like, okay, calm down.
Speaker 1: All right, classic rock fans are going to be mad, so I just need to make sure I get this right. There was a guy in Jay Giles band named Magic Dick. I'm not making up anything, No, that's true, Magic Dick ak, Lord of the licking Stick, and he played his most famous solo was on Whammer Jammer made famous during his years with Jay Giles band.
Speaker 2: That's pretty dense, all real, all real stuff.
Speaker 4: He too. I do not think graduated in middle school, like they keep bounding guy.
Speaker 1: Ummm, all right, that's what. Just because he can wail on the licking stick.
Speaker 4: I mean, he pretty much based his whole career on like a series of like middle school double and tundras. He called himself magic Dick and smoked the licken stick or whatever.
Speaker 2: Come on, no, it's a magic dick aka Lord of the Licking Stick.
Speaker 7: All right, anyway, tough sell for your future father in law. You're sitting down at like a table.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Uh, the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 3: Let's see here I've got for the Bengals. Mike Brown secretly hot, I have the beholder, bro.
Speaker 2: You'd rubber stamp that. I would think Connor.
Speaker 4: Looking a little older. I mean, I mean, I don't think he's bad.
Speaker 1: Getting older doesn't mean especially you know, he can have a little grizzled I don't.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 7: I can't follow that. It's not possible. But I will say that I was there last year watching him power walk around the interior of the stadium on like a hot June day randomly, and he saw Joe Burrow, who was doing a cover shoot for us, and just like the look in his eye when he walked over and gave him a hug. That's just like it was. It was just like God, you'd want that like once in your life to feel that. You know, that was just like it was special. It's very special. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: Good context is we're just trying to make Nick Westling proud. I just feel like the Bengals, despite this incredible success in having Joe Burrow, still hasn't totally won over the commitment of Nick Westling. This would do it if they could just take that next what's it gonna take. They've been doing pretty well where they're just trying to make them proud. Really the whole family.
Speaker 2: Nick and Dord.
Speaker 3: That's super Bowl loss in person he did a couple of years ago with great spirit. They were very good sports about the whole.
Speaker 2: Thing, all right.
Speaker 1: The Cleveland Browns, Connor Or last year we talked about how you would defected from Brown's fandom. In fact, you had offloaded all Browns merge from the house. You had become a fan solely of the un US women's national team and soccer, who are going for another World Cup trophy right now.
Speaker 2: In fact, do you have anything for the Browns.
Speaker 7: So I wrote this down after Greg I think you responded to it on Twitter. There's the slip of him yesterday talking about how the media totally overshadowed Deshaun Watson. The media totally overshadowed the inspiring part of his narrative, which apparently we don't talk enough about. And so the slogan is just kind of from like the pr person's perspective, just being like, ah.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 7: He just he's not gonna he's not gonna do it. He's not gonna say I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: And it's like, dude, that's I heard that story five thousand times and it was inspiring, it was all about it's all about his college career all the four or five years. It's like, no, it hasn't been mentioned as much over the last year. I'm still gonna be more positive though with the Browns. And the slogan is we're getting Mark and Connor back.
Speaker 2: How about that, Well, we'll see about that.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get them back. I mean Connor was always kind of a fake Browns fan anyways. Oh and I never really never really felt the passion from him. But they're gonna get you guys back. Oh, I gotta think that's tough to predict. I don't think you're too sure about that. I didn't even mind the similar I didn't even include Connor. Connor's gone, uh, he's supporting the women's national team.
Speaker 2: I got, Mark.
Speaker 1: Come on back.
Speaker 3: Nobody's looking well, here's mine then spotted forty million miles away and drifting through antimatter our soul.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Dallas Cowboys. Popcorn check, wine check, true crime doc check. Oh yeah, it's cuddle time with Zaddy.
Speaker 7: Oh, Zaddy, you're so extra.
Speaker 1: Just lean into the Mike McCarthy of at all, because the Cowboys certainly have.
Speaker 3: We've had deep conversations Dan and I about why he considers Mike McCarthy to be a Zaddy and all. It only led me to realize that you and I define Zaddy in very different ways. But you have your own definition and he fits squarely in that world.
Speaker 4: No, I think Dan, I mean, I don't want to get too deep into this, but I think Dan sees Mike McCarthy as more of a sexual being than you do.
Speaker 2: Mark. That may be true.
Speaker 1: That's weird that you you would bring the sexual aside into it. I see him more as like a warm figure of protection and somebody that you would like to watch true crime docks with, especially after he starts the fire and it's not one of those ones that you turn on with the key and it's the gas lit one with the fake logs. It's like he went and chopped the wood in the backyard, he built a triangular log pattern. He started it himself, the fire. He actually even picked out the wine.
Speaker 3: But so this is what I mean. I think he knows says wine a secure source of protection and power, and I see you'd want to be doing something else with the Saddy then watch a movie.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I mean that's where we differ.
Speaker 3: I guess that's where we differ.
Speaker 2: Anybody else have one for the cowboys, Connor.
Speaker 7: I've a shot through the heart. You give a bad name?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, m hm.
Speaker 2: Dak Yeah, major plotline. What's that look.
Speaker 4: Way Brian Brian Shott it's from the perspective of Brian Schottenheimer, or it's talking about Brian Schottenheimer. What's going on?
Speaker 7: I suppose that he will make Dak Prescott worse, like if I had to, if I had to do like the the Google suggested sentence for this, it was just like, the Cowboys are gonna suck this year because of that.
Speaker 4: Because of Yeah, as someone who likes to defend Dak coming off like his worst slash most unlucky season, combining Schottenheimer and an offensive line coach who was around in the eighties and McCarthy calling plays doesn't fill me with a lot of excitement.
Speaker 1: What about the old Patriots offensive line coach that we wrote poems about.
Speaker 2: He was like a million years old.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: That was literally three. He was a wizard, he was three hundred years old. That guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, Mike Solari's done, done many good things, but he also coached ones with Landry so that seems crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about unless Anybail Scott one there the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 3: I've got one for the Broncos. Denver Broncos. We took excuse me, we took Russell Wilson's corner office away. Now he must work on his laptop somewhere else in print documents on the company printer, not on his own hah.
Speaker 1: At least he has a laptop, mister un limited.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes like at the content summit, that's what they call it now, it's not the talent sum it's a content summit. You hear some whispers.
Speaker 2: That's why Mark I didn't go this year.
Speaker 1: Like once they took talent out of the titles, like well we'll send Greg, why would I?
Speaker 4: Indeed, yeah, then you know you hear some whispers and people who would seem to know better, no better than me, certainly, and there there would certainly there was this vibe that like, oh, yeah, he's gonna he's gonna ax Russell Wilson, like by mid October at the first sign of problem that this is not a long.
Speaker 2: Time Oh I totally believe that.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I felt like it was more than just a vibe that like the the least will be will be short.
Speaker 1: I have something that I think is in direct relation to that, and it's Russell Wilson at this crossroads of his career. Remember the defender or the opponent who said late in last season that Russell Wilson was like a sack of potatoes physically a shot at his conditioning, which he's been working on a lot. The Denver broncos I got your sack of potatoes right here, and then a crude gesture, crude gesture with his hands.
Speaker 2: Think you cannot top that.
Speaker 4: I like it when the slogan includes like a motion and a way that you say it, which mine kind of does too, which is four twenty bro. Oh, it's because like people love yeah, people love it in Denver, how about you.
Speaker 7: Con I went with Jared Stidham. He's our mile high boy. He's when when he remember when he's like he threw for like four hundred yards in that one game last night and you forgot. And then he took off the helmet and he had that like just that really thick mop of black hair, and You're just like, wow, this is this is a guy like I. If I knew nothing about football, I'd be like, let's sign him to like a let's sign him to like a five year, hundred million dollar contract.
Speaker 1: Just let him sling it target it on the first day of free agency aggressively.
Speaker 7: He'd look good in a Patagonia vest on a billboard. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Interesting, all right, how about Connor. Let's keep rolling with the Detroit Lions. We're only a d.
Speaker 2: Connor's do it like a packers camp in ten minutes.
Speaker 7: I went with Lions, We're gonna hug you harder. Every year during the draft, they have those videos of their war room and Brad Holmes their GM and Dan Campbell hug each other with such like thunderous It's like the whole room shakes and I can't imagine the sound of like the smacking flesh and like the backslaps and stuff. It's just got to be it's got to be a wild thing, you.
Speaker 3: Know, different vibe mark I have For the Lions, good luck locating an actual line in Detroit, but we all buy into certain collective myths.
Speaker 2: If you think about it, m very good. Okay. Along those same lines.
Speaker 1: For the packers, I have, Hey, we bamboozled fans with fake ownership stock.
Speaker 2: Why can't we do it with a fake QB. Dang?
Speaker 3: This stock thing has always been on Dan's right.
Speaker 4: I think they filled the stadium with stockholders recently this week. It's like a stockholder meeting. But it's just like they're sitting in the crowd. Oh the field.
Speaker 1: The paper frame paper in the living room. People got to go inside the stadium and buy like hot dogs and beers for twelve dollars each.
Speaker 4: And yet like a didn't they didn't they raise money from them. They had like another sale of it. Like literally they're they're the only team where you see the books. The government has to get involved with this. Yeah, there's millions of dollars of revenue. It's like it's like when someone really rich, does it gofund me.
Speaker 1: It's just like, I don't even like Connor, I don't know for some reason, anti trust violation just came into my head. Does that does that track here? Has that anything to do with what's going on here?
Speaker 7: I like how you cut to me when you needed to know that. It's like like the down low on an antitrust violation. I will say that I having spent a lot of time there, I went to UH door to door and I was interviewing fans once and there was this old woman who I was talking to her about like you know, moving on from Brett fav or something, and she she asked, she invited me into her house. She gave me homemade caramels, and then she took down my phone number and she said, listen, like sometimes the weather gets unpredictably bad here, so I'm just gonna keep you know. I want to keep you until I know that you're home safe. She called me during a snowstorm and said that I could stay in their house. And this the packers are selling stock to this poor woman.
Speaker 3: I feel like we were always getting seventy five percent of the story or the relationship behind Connor's parables with these the old man he met this woman in the house.
Speaker 4: I think they believe in their guy.
Speaker 2: What a wonderful woman. She sounds so sweet. No, did she critique your body?
Speaker 4: We never would.
Speaker 7: You never know.
Speaker 4: How about Crazy in Love? You know there you go just lean into it, be more positive.
Speaker 2: So you had to love plays well. That was the thing.
Speaker 4: I thought we were doing a by division and then then they were going to be in a row, and it would like there's a couple of these happening. I'm having to to pivot. But you know what, people didn't think necessarily, Beyonce was going to get it done as a solo artist when she left Destiny's Child, and then she comes in with Crazy in Love as her first and everyone's in Okay, everyone probably expected.
Speaker 1: Me to do it once in a generation entertainer that Beyonce knows.
Speaker 4: A little bit. But that's that I'm just saying. For that to be your debut singles, right.
Speaker 1: They kept on firing all the Destiny's children except for Beyonce, And it was like, hmm, that seems like a hint that there's probably one good one.
Speaker 4: Well plus his mom, her mom was they in that scenario and the dad, I think it was probably a yeah, that's a fair point.
Speaker 2: The Texans I got nothing I have.
Speaker 3: The Texans don't rebuild, they reload.
Speaker 4: Nice, Okay.
Speaker 7: I went with like you have to say it almost in a voice where like you picture Bill Belichick on a on one of those ear pieces and he's connected to Nick Cassario on another ear piece, and it just says terminate fall Flag operation. You can come on home, Nick, And basically like the idea being that he's he's completely erased this franchise from contention for the.
Speaker 4: Next WHOA So seems like a negative route to go as the slogan for the team. But yeah, it's like plus the Titans took their the Oilers throwbacks.
Speaker 7: But it's almost like when you get hacked by a super hacker, like the hacker then takes credit for it, and so.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, you know once it is almost like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's so like week one. All the texts and signage will just be replaced with pictures of like Bill Belichick wearing dog sunglasses or something.
Speaker 1: The Indianapolis colts don't worry. Everything's cool. Jim Mersey is in complete charge. Now, nothing to worry about.
Speaker 3: I have an owner related one too, for the cults. Our owners spent a hill of money on the teletype scroll that Jack Carouac used to write on the road, and nobody seems to give.
Speaker 2: A You believe that should have been a bigger story.
Speaker 3: What happened the original role right there on the road? Right he bought it. Jim Mersey bought it.
Speaker 4: But what's wrong with that? He has a bunch of he's saying, why wasn't a bigger deal?
Speaker 2: Nobody gives it should have been a national story. It should have been a large narrative. That's a very important book to you and millions of others and others. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's a team slogan. I feel like that's a personal issue or a grievance you have with I see it.
Speaker 4: I think you know the collection coming soon?
Speaker 2: Me, you and Mike Mills all chilling checking out the.
Speaker 4: Scrolls so it's been a while since I feel like the Colts have had like real good times. So I'm thinking back to about a decade ago when we were just starting this this podcast and trying to trying to live off of that, and so I'm gonna go stiking Strong. It's like, remember those good times with Tuck Pegano and Pegano Strong and heck, let's break it back Psyche Strong.
Speaker 2: Chuck Bagono and Bruce arians co coaches of the Year. It happened. It's a true story. Anything, Connor, I was.
Speaker 7: I did some of these last night, and so I'm looking at my notes under Colts and it just says no, So I don't think.
Speaker 1: All right, boys, let's take a quick break and then we'll finish up the slogans on the other side.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back. How about the Jaguars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got one duva except those two weeks in London.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, how about that, Connor anything?
Speaker 7: I don't have anything. But did you know that they're like the third most populous city east of the Mississippi River.
Speaker 2: Well, that's interesting. I would not have thought that.
Speaker 1: Is that has there been a recent boom in the population or was this the Mississippi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So who are ahead of him? New York and Boston?
Speaker 7: And it's New York and Boston. Yeah, isn't that crazy? Boston? And then Jackson.
Speaker 4: Bigger than Philadelphia, m bigger than my team?
Speaker 7: Got that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Wait, what about Atlanta? I don't know about this thing.
Speaker 2: I don't Knowake.
Speaker 7: News' it's it's I report you Miam Miami.
Speaker 2: Did you say Atlanta? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I don't know about this DC. You know, maybe it must be a huge city.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of head scratching when the Jaguars were or jackson was chosen as the expansion site with Jacksonville, what's that all about?
Speaker 2: Well? You know, look who laughs last? Now the third biggest population.
Speaker 4: And it's not Boston. I guess Philly is there east of the Cippy in second? And I think I guess Jacksonville's up to third?
Speaker 2: How about the chief And I.
Speaker 7: Hope what I said was true?
Speaker 2: It's too late chiefs defending champs? What do you got anybody going? Once? Going? We don't love?
Speaker 4: Which is just these are the good old days. Let's say, let's like enjoy the present. This is it. Don't complain, these are the good old days.
Speaker 2: Right now, what Chiefs fan is complaining?
Speaker 4: Nobody, but you know, if they lose a couple of games or whatever.
Speaker 1: By the way, later this week, we will offer some of our thoughts about Quarterback, the Netflix series that involves Patrick Mahomes prominently.
Speaker 2: Have you been watching that gunner?
Speaker 7: No, because I think ninety of that is just terrible. Both like it's just like like and this goes back to like a rant dead.
Speaker 4: Like a high school tour is walking by right now as you said those words, it was very disoriented and it's it's like one of them literally waved while you said that.
Speaker 1: Imagine they're being a live speaker that that had the audio of the show going through coursing through the hallways.
Speaker 2: It's not the case taking picture of it.
Speaker 7: All this stuff about like all inside the mind of a quarterback, like he memorizes plays and throws the ball and it's like, yeah, man, and we work hard at what we have to do, like we're all amazing, and you know, I you know, I just don't know, like I mulch my lawn and I read my kid bedtime.
Speaker 1: No Netflix, not eight part documentary on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think you're.
Speaker 4: Getting on something which is maybe like we could. We don't need them going to an amusement park for five minutes. There's nothing interesting about that stuff like that. Let's let's tighten it up when there.
Speaker 2: Takes you closer inside.
Speaker 4: Right, but when they're doing the exact same things that we do in our lives, but they're not that interesting, take out those parts, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I was concerned the minute that I spotted this show because I knew we'd have to at some point unpack it verbally. And it was like, it's eight I have to go watch eight You don't episodes of a football show in July.
Speaker 4: I don't have to watch any of it. You don't have to, don't have to?
Speaker 2: All right? Well good?
Speaker 3: I felt like it was, you know, being tasked toy to do so course closely to where Connor comes down.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm just a rube. I've been enjoying it. I like getting to know Kirk, Cousins and Mahomes better. But they're certainly decided that Connor.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't and I've not seen it, so I'm not. I'm not taking down the product.
Speaker 4: It just felt, you know, but I think we would appreciate that you don't need to watch it and then complain any star quarterbacks, they're.
Speaker 2: Just like us. I'm maybe that's me.
Speaker 4: I'm three apps in, I'm threeeps in. I won't get to eight by Thursday, whenever we talk about it. But it's like the perfect thing to have on while you're eating lunch.
Speaker 7: Not.
Speaker 1: Let me just clarify, Mark, you are not tasked with watching any episodes. Greg, I'll need you to put down all eight Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Greg, Greg, get d I'll get I'll get through the fourth or whatever. It's eight hours a long time.
Speaker 2: You want to talk your talk the Raiders, The Raiders, The Raiders.
Speaker 7: I went with Diane. Please get Jim Harbaugh on the line.
Speaker 4: Good, Mark Davis.
Speaker 2: It's so.
Speaker 1: Definitely a Diane answering phone in that facility.
Speaker 2: Undoubtedly. Chance, Yeah, it does. It does feel like it's heading in a certain direction in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I want to think I want to think positive, and uh, I think they just go Jimmy G is better like and Derek Carr just Jimmy G is better than what you can fill in them, So I can, I can. I think that's probably where they're going with that. It's like everyone. You know the rate. You just lean into the kicking Derek Carr a little bit on the way out, and they believe it. Jimmy G is better. They're calling their shot better, looking better, better, everything, Jimmy G is better. The slogans should be promoting their team.
Speaker 1: I thought it was just like this whole Jimmy G thing. The goal is for like, be as good as Derek Carr was, but just be cheaper. Are they expecting him to be better than Derek Carr?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 3: Okay, But a slogan often can good love with that and it's not true too. You can just you're just trying to create an aura.
Speaker 1: All right. How about the Chargers I got don't trust us? Just like getting it?
Speaker 2: Well? That works?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about those powder blues.
Speaker 2: You want to be positive? Greg? How about this trust us and then just like open arms.
Speaker 4: That's kind of because it's the Chargers that would be good anything.
Speaker 7: Connor, No, I'm looking at like the next three or four and I really mailed this section and.
Speaker 4: Get to it.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 7: I think I'm gonna pop in.
Speaker 4: Okay, not every team.
Speaker 3: I hit a dry spell in these K through L teams.
Speaker 1: So you did about half the exercise in albetical order, and then you started to trail off in the back end.
Speaker 3: A little bit. I mean, there's some hot spots coming up.
Speaker 1: Did you do it by division, greg or alphabetically, because you haven't made it clear so far in today's episode.
Speaker 4: It's really ruined everything. How about the backs, they're just ruined.
Speaker 2: You know, we did do it alphabetically last year.
Speaker 3: I didn't recall that because I had the same questions in mind the L A Rams I have on field record. Aside, we still see ourselves as smarter than you. Oh, I do feel the way about the Rams.
Speaker 4: Uh mine is uh Shawn's having fun again. I feel like that's a lot of it this year. It's sort of just like, hey, we we might not go win the super Bowl, but Shawn's having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could you could sense that.
Speaker 1: How about the Miami Dolphins, I got I have two slogans.
Speaker 2: They have them.
Speaker 1: They have them ready for September, well, July, August, September, October to a time baby, and then November and December and maybe January. It's a white party baby.
Speaker 2: They're covered what they're covered both sides either way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and It's not like the white out like at a heat game or anything like that, but it could have a little double sure.
Speaker 1: And also baby is just b A B y for Tua, but for Mike White it's b A y hyphen b e E e E.
Speaker 3: That's very versatile. I like that thank you I have for the Dolphin. If your job allows you to gamble on pro football, place a five hundred dollars anti on Miami reaching the AFC title game.
Speaker 2: PS.
Speaker 3: Actual Dolphins of the Sea know your deepest secrets and will tell your your mother and father on you, even if you're old. They will tell your parents everything you ever did. You can't hide anymore. You will be revealed. We know what you do in the shadows. You're totally banged.
Speaker 2: Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Can't trust them, can't trust them at all. Minnesota Vikings, I went.
Speaker 7: With sorry ed Donna till this wasn't your fault, just because like last year during games, the Troy Aikman, who never says a bad word about anyone, would just insult this man like he was a terrorist. And he's just like the sweetest looking guy with glasses and you're just like, why why are they yelling at him? So much, and I don't know.
Speaker 4: Figure it's kind of seemed like it was his fault though they had a lot of talent and they were terrible.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, the defense was horrendous and it closed out with a total flatlining against the Giants in the playoffs. And I guess an early talking point in the off season was after they hired Brian Flores, so we all like and respect and.
Speaker 2: Has the has a pedigree. He's like, well, they're going to be better now.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, a coach can do a lot, but he needs some talent and they have less talent now than they did last year when they were terrible.
Speaker 3: If anything, they cut players and cut costs.
Speaker 1: Interesting, all right, how about the New England Patriots? This is more a pitch to get people to come to the games. Witness the collapse of Rome in person. I've got I've got some beat in the seats, you know, I've got two. The first one is Craft versus Belichick. It's on it's kind of fun, like big name.
Speaker 4: And then the second one is related Craft versus Belichick versus Hall of Fame induction versus death. So it's like, all right, it's a race who wins the race.
Speaker 2: Like the first one is a little more direct.
Speaker 1: I picture like the old boxing your UFC thing where theyre nose to nose, the profile shots.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 3: I have item. Bill Belichick has a secret daughter nobody knows about.
Speaker 2: Like you. That's why you like him so much.
Speaker 3: There's parallels. How about the Saints I got.
Speaker 4: You're not referring to Amanda by the way, the excellent Uh.
Speaker 3: She's not a secret. I mean she's out in the open. Another one, a second daughter.
Speaker 1: Yes, big time lacrosse coach I got Saints, Greg will talk himself into ten wins by Labor Day. Hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Mine is somewhat related, which is Derek Carr solves everything everything.
Speaker 2: Do everything anything.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 3: See this tab of acid upon it is etched the image of an innocent, innocent pink kitty. Place it on your tongue and join our dream journey in which we pretend our quarterback is better than ho hum Ouchers.
Speaker 1: All right, how about the Giants? The giants? Connor, you're close to the giants or you got anything?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: You know, I like well, I thought this was the section you nailed.
Speaker 7: No, no, We're still at the tail end of the one where I didn't, but I would just say, like, you know, there, it would have to be like a swirling brandy kind of motion, and it has to just be like, come watch us do things the right way.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, that's really good.
Speaker 2: Well, a Tiffany franchise, after.
Speaker 4: All, mine would be the third best team in New York or the second best team in New Jersey, depending on how you look at it.
Speaker 2: Like I got Daniel Jones makes forty million a year? Now, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: Why are these also caustic?
Speaker 2: And it's really don't worry about it. It's all right. It's just it's a little bit of a razzing if you will, you'll look at it that way too.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit of like a little bitter drink before before the start off.
Speaker 3: You know, you do some of these and like, I'm looking at my Giants one and I'm not gonna I'm not gonna read it. Okay, it went a little too too far realizing now would not be valuable.
Speaker 1: How about the New York Jets. I'm gonna refer to something that Greg put on my radar. Can we get that Woody Johnson tweet from recently? There he is it's a picture of Woody with a caption new profile pick and then the eyes emoji that is the slogan for my Jets new profile pick.
Speaker 3: Does he even know that is out there?
Speaker 4: Yes, I you know what I texted to you guys because it just made me laugh. But then I realized quickly he was doing a preview of the new UNI. So actually it was kind of it really was that he had the old logo on the hat and it was like a little it was a little hip thing of that, like, Okay, they coming tomorrow, so good.
Speaker 1: Job, you know, speaking of Woody and the Jets and hard knocks kicking off soon and everything. I hate to say this because I don't want this to be the peak of the Jets season, but they've already in some ways organizationally, this has been a success already, Like right, this is all they wanted was to be a team that people cared about. That's part of the national conversation that has everyone buzzing about the organization in a positive way as a team that matters, Like that's why they gave up the extra draft pick, that's why they're doing this. I hope it goes beyond that. But the history of this team tells me like this is even enough what they've already been able to achieve this summer.
Speaker 3: They've had off seasons in the past that brought hope, and this one feels like I just worry about the potential collective collapse if it doesn't go well out of the gate. Their schedule is rough, but at this point, like, I can't imagine as a Jets fan that you've ever been on a higher cloud than this.
Speaker 2: It's very exciting.
Speaker 4: I uh, very exciting. I knew that you would come after the Patriots art. So even though I think that they're going to be pretty good this year, I'm going New York Jets high on our own supply.
Speaker 2: They certainly are.
Speaker 3: I have something similar. It's we believe it's possible that we're more than just a vastly concocted off season fable.
Speaker 7: I went with time to suck out loud.
Speaker 1: I like a little I like a little bitter with the sweet. I think it helps to balance things out. How about the Eagles.
Speaker 4: My Eagles one is the best thing to ever happened to the seventy six ers. It's like Embiid might be going Dames Harden wants out. They're disappointing every years, like no one cares anymore.
Speaker 2: Get the Eagles.
Speaker 3: It's true anything Mark, not for the Eagles.
Speaker 2: All right, I had Hurts so good?
Speaker 1: And then I have imagine John Mellencamp, the Heartland Rocker and matching Denham jeans jacket, posing with a thumbs up on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: It's perfect. Thank you.
Speaker 7: What about like hurts just okay? As it turns out, after Shane Steiken left, he's just okay.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: I found my slogans from last year. After you've got it up on a dock and yeah, actually that's a first repeat.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, there it is.
Speaker 4: I had hurt so good.
Speaker 2: I owe you ten dollars the Steelers I have won for this.
Speaker 3: We agree that sports based talking head Mark Sessler is dangerously overrated, but as assertion that will win double digit games this season is on point.
Speaker 2: I like that. It's a good pop for you too, that they would put in the team slogan.
Speaker 3: Kind of I've been getting slashed a little bit.
Speaker 1: But all right, how about let's leave that one there. How about the forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: We are the Monstars. That's my forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, space they just.
Speaker 4: Like they look the best getting off a bus of any team in the Connor.
Speaker 7: I was toying with the idea of like something about how at some point all brain power decays, right, and so they can only be like forty nine ers, we can only be smarter than you for another few years.
Speaker 1: That's good, but the window is open right now. How about the Seahawks.
Speaker 4: Somehow I didn't have a Seahawks really, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wow, I assumed Greg would. Yeah, I was like clearing the runway.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't even need to touch Seattle Connor.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, just.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, yeah, let's let's let's jump ahead to Tampa. I'm ready for this, all.
Speaker 1: Right, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Seattle fans not happen, all right, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Come on, you do.
Speaker 7: My my slogan for Tampa was just hope you all enjoyed that depressing ass pandemic super Bowl. Like it's just the word. It was the worst time to go all in right and win a Super Bowl because no one will remember that's that's in NFL history, like.
Speaker 4: It's watched on TV. I get it there and it was like diminished a little. But I don't think the players there they had like.
Speaker 2: The scant amount of fans.
Speaker 7: It would be. It's like baseball through the height of like World War Two, It's like who who cares? There was so much more consequential historical stuff going on.
Speaker 1: And I pushed back, can I say that I hear where you're coming from, Connor living It's even crazier looking back that we did a full season of NFL coverage and we all did it from our homes and it was every.
Speaker 2: Game got played.
Speaker 1: The NFL just said we're not going to move at all on this. And then like living in La you know, Dodgers fans everywhere. Now the Dodgers, I'll just keep this between us, but like the Dodgers played a fifty game season or something that started at the end of July and then played in alternate sits in front of nobody.
Speaker 2: And won the World Series.
Speaker 4: That's a little different.
Speaker 1: And then I took to Dodger fans like, oh, yeah, well, we you know ended that that you know, long stretch of out a World Series championship in twenty twenties, Like no, really.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't find that see to me, like, if baseball did this all the time and we have fifty game regular season, I'm all in. I can I can hate. I like the way that that season played out, but I see you don't find it legitimate.
Speaker 2: But the NFL season played a full season.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, the Steelers Ravens game on Wednesday at like ten am, remember that they got it in?
Speaker 2: How to get it in? All right?
Speaker 1: How about the sorry Dodgers fans, but you know it's kind of true. How about the Titans? We got two more Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 4: Sorry, actually I did have one, which was is it? But I referred to this earlier. Is it weird we're wearing Oilers throwbacks?
Speaker 2: It's very weird.
Speaker 4: They look awesome, So I kind of can't blame them. They own the IP there.
Speaker 2: And you think the Texans should be annoyed to that.
Speaker 4: No, maybe not the Texans, but it's just weird.
Speaker 3: It's strange. I mean, Albert Breer asked, can't the Ravens just do throwback uniforms? It's the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 4: Right, I had I had a legit takeaway from those though. It's like they put Henry and Tannehill in those throwbacks. I'm like, well, they're definitely not trading Tannel if they put him in that throwback. I guess I should have given that up a while ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it was weird when they were actually for a year or two the Tennessee Oilers.
Speaker 2: That was strange that they're playing in an old college stadium.
Speaker 4: They weren't they weren't he changed they I thought they changed it right away they played an old college stadium.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure they were the Tennessee Oilers Titans lately. I think they started as the Titans.
Speaker 1: Oh, any grave digger right now for that? Uh, finally the Washington Commanders, Connor, you got.
Speaker 7: One, I got two. The first one was here Come the red Wolves because we're gonna we're gonna finally buy the trademark. We're going to change the name, and we're gonna get it right. And it's very very exciting.
Speaker 1: I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But Magic Johnson did the media rounds after the sale went through and Snipe was ousted officially, and he left the door open for changing the team name again. Like so, I know that he's not the principal owner or anything, but If Magic is saying.
Speaker 4: That, Josh Harris, the principal owner, said it too.
Speaker 1: If Josh Harris the owners saying they're open to it, that makes me think it's gonna happen. It's happening, and it's not like there's gonna be pushback from outside saying no, we need to stick with the Commanders. That's gonna probably happen, and it's gonna go from Redskins to Washington Football team to Commanders for like two years and then maybe they'll settle one for the rest of the time.
Speaker 2: That's pretty wild, like.
Speaker 3: Weird it Well, it's unprecedented for NFL, but it's I can understand you're cleansing this organization from.
Speaker 4: Right, Tyler, I like it. I mean Dan Snyder should have listened to people and changed the name twenty years ago. Then they wouldn't have had to go through all this, which is related to mind which is winless without Dan Snyder is better than undefeated with him. I mean, it's like they won their Super Bowl that would have been my other one, Like we won the Super Bowl in July sixteenth, whatever day that was.
Speaker 3: I have before our home opener against the Cardinals, Fans will be given the chance in our courtyard pavilion to paint the unclothed body of Daniel Snyder. We plan to offer a full variety of colors in built a crylic and oil. Each fan will be giving a five minute window to draw, draw upon Snyder's torso or other parts of your choosing.
Speaker 2: Surprised he would agree to that, but he did. Apparently he willingly agreed. Uh, Connor, you've said it all.
Speaker 4: I do have my Seahawks one.
Speaker 2: Oh you do? I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: Ready, yes, finally And it's if you thought Geno out playing Russell Wilson was fun last year, just waiting until Gino barries them. This time around, well we got it.
Speaker 2: Something. Who do we Who do we really screw over? Who do we bang of that? Who got nothing?
Speaker 7: Well quite a few there in the middle of the albet.
Speaker 4: I think everyone got at least a half hearted one.
Speaker 2: And what there were ten? See oilers was the thing for a brief time. Yeah my fault there ninety eight?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: Well that you were right? All right?
Speaker 4: I played at Vanderbilt only, uh for one season, in Memphis for one season, and you're right, there were the oilers those two seasons.
Speaker 1: Uh and then weird, weird, weird, weird, uh, Connor, or you've said it all. You could read Connor at si dot com. You also have an excellent podcast that I recently was a guest on. That was nice, nice little combo there, buddy, the MMQB podcast. Anything else you want to get out there, buddy boy, No.
Speaker 7: Just everybody enjoy the remainder of your summer. Football is going to be here. But just you know, don't don't rush to it, you know, just to it'll it'll find you. You know, give yourself in August, and don't think about training camp at all. I mean, we don't have the luxury.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, don't you want to be able to listen to your podcast in our podcast?
Speaker 7: Not until no, no, not until like September twelfth, Like spend spend the rest of this time with your family, Go find sunshine and you know, just just be outside that. That's my that's my thought.
Speaker 3: That should please your employer touch grass.
Speaker 7: All right, Connor, that's our that's our company slogan. Don't read until September twelfth.
Speaker 2: All right, there he goes, Thank you, Bud.
Speaker 4: Before we say goodbye to this entire show, though we got some breaking news here.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys in two time Pro Bowl cornerback Trayvon Diggs are finalizing a five year, ninety seven million dollar contract extension, according to Tom Pellus Letters. And it is annoying. Now when you see the Twitter link, like put into our chat client it it's just got a big X, but it says Twitter next to it. So it's very confusing.
Speaker 2: But it's a time of transition. It's very the commanders of websites right now.
Speaker 3: I'm choose not to be outraged by any of it.
Speaker 4: I'm a little surprised because I thought Diggs was it was good last year. I wouldn't say he was great, like he wasn't as Boom or Buss. He didn't have the big interception stuff. It's a big show of faith. But basically, no good players get to free agency. So I also get it.
Speaker 2: Cb Ones get paid big money. That's the anti running back.
Speaker 1: Seventeen career picks and he's twenty four years old, and yeah, a Jared Jones Cowboys type player, does he is? He making more money than his brother? Now the bills are like, now, we gotta deal with this too.
Speaker 3: If you were like the mother and father of the two Diggs brothers, like, you're doing fine because there's a lot of money coming up the chain to the parental units and future generation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, set up very nicely.
Speaker 4: Trayvon's a beautiful boy who had to meet during the hard knocks. You know he's set up. He set up nicely.
Speaker 2: Not personally, we didn't meet him personal, Yes, Stephanie.
Speaker 4: Television thing, I think Stefan's doing fine.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that of the Netflix football special, I heard you appear in it.
Speaker 1: Your voice does, my voice does? And I did. I did check the credits. I said, well they get you know, and they credited Good Morning Football and the four stars of that program as they should because they're all over that series. No, you know, special things Joel Zeuser, like, hey, Tugboat, We're going to use some of your dialogue to make a point about the Vikings and whether they can be trusted. A little shout out to Tugboat.
Speaker 4: No nothing, What was it on NFL network?
Speaker 1: Was this?
Speaker 4: Grace Howard ranging said a GMFB I.
Speaker 1: Believe, and I'm using context clues. I don't think it was pulled from our podcast. It was probably from a Good Morning Football appearance. So yes, that's but you know what am I going to do about it? Am I going to file lawsuit against my own company for the use of my intriguing Well.
Speaker 2: They didn't use my name or my likeness. They didn't put the mug on the screen.
Speaker 4: If I'm GM boy, I'm thinking they leaned on us pretty hard to kind of frame the story and move it forward. I don't think they paid for that, so it's like they kind of saved they got the special thanks and getting you know, talking heads to do that sort of stuff. They just use clips.
Speaker 2: They use some like Colin Coward clips or it's just like, was this recorded for this show? Said?
Speaker 1: Is Coward even? Does he know what's going on with He has a PNFL, he has a.
Speaker 3: Podcast, He has a daily radio show and talks about the NFL all the time. Yeah, that's as far as we'll not too dialed into the Coward universe and that I respect it.
Speaker 1: All right, good stuff. Great to be back in the studio. We got two more shows coming up this week, so uh be there for that.
Speaker 2: Mark.
Speaker 1: We have some behind the scenes planning meetings. The day is just beginning here at NFL Media Studios and surrounding territory.
Speaker 3: Just finding out about this now and next.
Speaker 1: Week we're gonna have, yes, a full week of shows, including the premiere of the Hard Knocks podcast with Connie and I will do a preview of.
Speaker 2: Week one which will follow up after that. So a lot of stuff coming and a lot of planning mark, a lot of stuff to do.
Speaker 4: Alright, Well, it was a real starting mark.
Speaker 2: We back. Maybe football is back?
Speaker 4: Be the call.