Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of You Have getny Proghost Trends. Almost I almost did poor zingis I my brain cannot see the name pregosion without wanting to read it as porzingis because I'm stupid. You know. Hell yeah, I'm Jack. That is Miles. It is early Monday morning, and uh these were We're going to get into some of the things that are trending over the weekend. But first, Miles, we like to check in with each other, check ourselves at opted, underrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, should I go first? Okay, I'll go first, overrated. Cannipace. I was at a like like a restaurant lounge that had like on their finger food menu, they had like cannapas.
Speaker 1: Here you were and class, you know, clas.
Speaker 2: Thinking, alright, let's do something interesting. I'm like, I know that word, and I know it's like a like an appetizer, and then it comes out that's right, it's this shit it's in and I okay. So anyway, all this to say is, you know, cannapay is like anytime a little bread type or dirve with some shit stacked on top finger food, it's like, you know, the one of the most common or dirves. But the reason I don't like it is because in my mind it sounds a lot better than what you actually get when it comes out, I'm like, man, it's just some shit on a slice of bread. I don't know why. I thought it was like a more elevated thing, and I didn't realize, how are we getting too because it's a French word for I believe, couch, So the food is just resting pond it like a couch, like a cannopey.
Speaker 1: Are they're inviting you to rest your weary soul upon these delicious I guess.
Speaker 2: But then when you think about it, right, I started looking into it right, like I think the origins I may have come from the same place where I forget which Spanish king basically was like, y'all need to be serving food with alcohol, and that's how we got top us, and then from there we move on. That's why for me, top us way better than cannabase.
Speaker 1: That's what I like, less less specific, right, top us are just small? Yeah, yeah, I like, I like, have you ever done before?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because we're.
Speaker 2: You might want to get out of a paper pen because quick maths really quick. We'd like to say two point six three dishes per three people. What we do think it's a little different.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, in the world of like easy foods, I prefer like top us with like a smaller just a portion or pinchos, like in the North of Spain, which their ship is just a more fucking like you know, just the wild ass cannaba, because it's a lot more shit stacked on a piece of.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god, we get it. You've been to Europe. Uh okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Actually that brings me to another thing. If you go to the North of Italy.
Speaker 1: Completely different here we go.
Speaker 2: But I think the word yeah, no, just the word I think, and I think just CANape. Yeah yeah, like like it feels like rich people finger food when really like I'm down for just like a fried massive onions.
Speaker 1: You know, I've never gotten a cannope and been like, man, this is a big piece of food. It's always it's They seem to be in an arms race, similar to like early mobile phones, where they're trying to make it as small as possible, like it's right, right, it's smaller, smaller.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's it's hard to make too.
Speaker 1: So my overrated Also from this weekend, is a beach without pulp. So at some point when I like, I'm using the tropicana fresh squeezed orange juice richter scale as as a metaphor here. But at some point when I was a kid, I like this. I did that the platonic ideal of the beach was sand as pure as the driven snow and like ocean water without anything in it, because like rocks hurt feet and seaweed is nasty. But as an adult like been taking my kids more to like beaches that have all the ship on them, like have rocks and like help you know, animals in the water. I was at a beach this weekend that like had a tide pool and just the gnarliest ship going on. It's like a fucking lobster and crab like horror film slaughterhouse, just you know, birds doing doing dirt. There were like sea slugs, like just beautifully colored sea slugs just that as super producer Brian just beach so nasty. Beach is so nasty lugs. But it yeah, it's you know some beaches you can go to and they it's just all the stuff from nature documentaries, like the the remnants of that washed up on shore, and it was pretty cool and it gives you a lot of things to like talk to kids about.
Speaker 2: And there was oh so versus like a not a bunch of wild ship at the beach. You kind of just go and that's the beach, kids.
Speaker 1: And there's the beach ingredients to my beach.
Speaker 2: What's that? What's that? What's this? What's this? Why is that? Why is it eating this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can I eat? To feel a little smart? Making making up answers to questions what's your freestyle? I think this one's right. But there there were a lot of these seaweeds. There was seaweeds with the bubbles in them, and yeah, yeah, yeah, they I was explaining that they are usually anchored to the ocean floor and then the bubbles float them up to the surface so that they can takeage of photosynthesis. Yeah, yeah, I mean that seems right right. I'm pretty sure I heard that on Rogan at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm just that feels like one of those answers that it's logical enough that if someone said it with enough confidence, I'm like, yeah, exactly, that's what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyways, beach with pulp try them out. Beaches without pulp. They're also more crowded because that's what everybody's looking for.
Speaker 2: What is there, like, is there a list, like you know, like the pulp free beaches versus it's.
Speaker 1: Like most extra more popular one like the ones where people swim and because you can't really swim in the tidepoole. So so like we went and there was like the tidepool area and it was pretty sparsely populated with people, and then like over a little bit was where everyone was like swimming and surfing and doing that stuff. So you can find one with both, then then you're in business.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You want me to go with my underrated?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got underrated.
Speaker 1: I tried the Grimma shake. It was not I did not go out of my way to try the Grimmat shake, and I'm I survived. My underrated is not necessarily the Grimace shake itself so much as how little the Grimace shake tastes like come, or alternately, how much Grimaces come taste like blueberry milkshake. I've never tasted grim It's very blueberry.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, and like a little vanilla like hint of creamy or just more like a blueberry smooth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a blueberry somewhere between a milkshake and a blueberry smoothie, which you know, there there are reports that certain fruits do uh.
Speaker 2: You know, feel the flavors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, effect the flavor of comes. So I don't know. Maybe Grimace is just a real blueberry hogs.
Speaker 2: Really the superfoods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's there's also some disturbing reports about what the Grimmest Shake is doing. Oh my god, who was shut up to the young people who.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I gotta shout you out at Ched Earthling tagged us in a fucking TikTok thing on Twitter that was just a bunch of videos of kids trying the Grimace Shake, and it was just smashed, cutting to them in like terrible physical condition, like passed out on the ground like in the woods, naked. One kid was like holding his dead friend, just like I'm trying the milkshake. Cut too, come on man, wake up? Yeah, oh shit, really well done. Most of them.
Speaker 1: It's just you know, they cut and then the person's at the same location with their shirt off and Grimace shakes splattered all over them. But one of them they like cut in it like looks like it's a location from the first season of True Detective. The person's just like half naked, leaned up against a tree with shake dribbling. Yeah, so congratulations to those young people. There's something you thinks.
Speaker 2: I'm a little disappointed that it's it wasn't like yeah or like yeah, it like caused you to have like like your blood vessels and your eye burst on one side or something just too crazy. But okay, it's.
Speaker 1: Also who knows, you know, who knows what, Like whether the Grima shak has is using me as a host is just like speaking through me trying to throw people off. It's like, you know, I've fucking taken some.
Speaker 2: Like Last of Us type shit. Everyone becomes part of like a cordys EPs network like intelligence for me underrated kind of more spiritual of just being able to like forgive yourself when you're stressed out. I like I go through like cycles of stress, and you know, people are like you're so chilling, like not like I'm I can get I can get stressed, baby, let me tell you what goes on inside this mind. But about like when you get to that point. Usually when you're stressed out, you'll like most of us have this idea of going like why am I stressed out? I shouldn't be stressed out. I don't want to be stressed out. I don't like being stressed out. Why am I fres I don't like this? This is not good, this is not and then you're just stuck in that shit versus being able to just say I'm stressed okay. But also I'm gonna forgive myself for being stressed because I don't need to beat my own shit up for being stressed, because I have to have some level of self awareness to know that it's a pattern I have and then moving through it from that side rather than like the fighting it, like why the like chill, chill, chill, chill, chill, chill, stop that fucking pattern of rumination for a second, give yourself a little break, Put your hand on your heart, on your heart, and your heart. I forgive myself. It's okay, you're going through it, but you cover your heart.
Speaker 1: Also, like your brain was not designed for this world, and it like hijacks itself all the time. But yeah, I do that so much where I have a bad feeling and then get mad at myself or like some part of my brain like blames myself for having the bad feeling, and then that compounds on itself.
Speaker 2: Cause you get like the high school football coaches way of problem solving. We're like, come on, Obrian, get over it.
Speaker 1: Where's your toughness?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I'm like what, And then you get all fucked up because you're like, yeah, that's right, this is bullshit. And then rather than just like acknowledging, it's really just about acknowledging first and then moving from it. There, it's resisting, baby, it's the resistance that hurts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you resist will persist. Am I in therapy? You decide for yourself.
Speaker 2: You look at my bills?
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk the Russian rebellion. Russians are just over there doing their thing, vying for our attention, like the messy little bitch as they are.
Speaker 2: But you need to be more about you.
Speaker 1: Yes, jeez, get cycle.
Speaker 2: We went from We went from you have get any pregosion putin chef. It turned like, you know, mercenary warlord who you know does a lot of work for the Russian military abroad, not just in Ukraine but like places like Syria and Africa, et cetera. Uh, Basically you just saw like wait, they I remember seeing one like article come up about being like potential coup in Russia, and I was like, wait, what the fuck. Then you look and you're like, oh, they took over Rostov, which was home of the Southern Military Command where which is basically running like the war in Ukraine. A lot of the decisions are being made there, and then marching towards Moscow and you saw like planes being shot down, fucking like trenches being dug up, people like opening their arms to the Wagner mercenaries being like yes, please, you are our new loverlords, and other people getting mad at them. It was quite a thing. And then suddenly next thing, you know, he was like, Okay, you know what, we don't want to we don't want to shed blood, so we're gonna go back because that was the plan. So we were just pumped faking. We were pumped faking a coup. Interesting, Yeah, it's very very odd and now yeah, so.
Speaker 1: It definitely feels like so the explanation for what happened here is that, like the official or unofficial explanation that seems to be prevailing on Monday morning or like most of the weekend, was that Pregosion had like negotiated a soft landing for himself in Belarus and that Putin. So it just feels like, I don't know, not very strong man out of character with Putin, like the guy who normally puts plutonium in your teeth. If you cast out on his professional hockey like scoring records, you'd expect him to have like more of a response, and instead it feels like the story is that he was just like, yeah, okay, okay, no wet. I mean, let's continue to work together. I love this energy from you. Let's just you know, focus it on Ukraine. Okay, I get it.
Speaker 2: You actually kept that same energy from the telegram group chat and you were fucking around. Okay, note take in. But again, yeah, like it is. It is while because Progosian apparent allegedly cut a deal for all of the people that were involved in the uprising and saying that they would not face prosecution for fucking treason or whatever, and then also the ones that didn't participate would also get military contracts. We don't know if any of that's happening. And again, like you said, Progosian was like, I'll exile to Belarus. But you're like wait what, but you like you were just going like so hard on like were like, we need to fucking kill all the Ukrainians and all this shit, and they're like, all right, I'm an exile in Belarus. Who knows what's gonna happen to the Wagner group now, because you'd imagine Putin would probably do a lot to start dismantling that based on what the fuck just happened. But the one thing a lot of people are pointing out is that people have not heard from Progosian or like the official Wagner like telegram group, like a lot of it has gone silent. So a lot of people are like, oh, maybe that's how you fucked up is by thinking that Putin would make a deal with you after all that. So again, it's hard to know because we don't know where things have landed because we just don't know.
Speaker 1: So you really don't know somehow, Like if Putin disappeared pregosion, I feel like people would like feel like the world is safe again.
Speaker 2: They're like, ah, yes, back to a.
Speaker 1: World where Putin is murdering people mysteriously and not acknowledging it because yeah, like nobody's heard of him from him, They're saying he might have been disappeared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it. But it goes to show too, like how used to his like autocratic, fucking iron fist approach to rule that like suddenly like wait, what like you're getting you just you just ran out of Moscow because you were so shook that Progoson was coming to town. Yes, unlikely?
Speaker 1: Is that is that confirmed that he left Moscow?
Speaker 2: It seems to be in a lot of the reporting was that he left, like as this was all happening, and so many other people were trying to leave Moscow too, like the flights were like tripled in price almost. But that's what's kind of interesting, is like this is a situation where Putin has his back to the wall, like domestically right, like where it's like, dude, they're apparently they're coming for your ass, and then somehow it all kind of settles and everything's okay, nothing to see here. But also like he didn't handle it in a way that people would have expected, which is like super violent or whatever the fuck it is. And I think it's also it's having effects all over Like at the time, a lot of other countries in the former Soviet bloc were like yo, is this our shot right now, right while they're all fucking on the back foot. And then in China too, I know, the government is also like the perception there is that Russia has been like in fact, like you know, strong as shit, like nobody's taking Putin down. And then to see this news a lot of were like wait, wait what I thought?
Speaker 1: Huh so the state sponsored media has been mainly telling the story of like Russia is just rolling on Ukraine and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it is true, like all the while that was happening, like they were still fighting in Ukraine and like, you know, there's some pretty gnarly counter offensives happening. But uh, I don't know, it's I think the really confusing part is like how how did you go from We're marching on Moscow or something and be like, okay, I'm actually gonna Beller, I'm gonna go to Belaru's exile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, something.
Speaker 2: It's like the kg or not the KGB. The FSB were going around to some of the families of like Progosians, top people and being like yo, you can get got right now right yeah kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So don't that makes sense because it didn't seem like whatever his strategy was, like, there was a noticeable thing that got in the way, So yeah, presumably something happening behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Nina Khrushchevo was on Democracy Now and she's a Nikita Krushev's granddaughter. Yeah, she was saying like, this is a really interesting kind of conflict because in Russia when you have these kinds of events, it's typically reformers coming out against like the Old Guard, and this feels like a group that is like full a full on militarized fascist group trying to come after the very militant Putin regime, and it's like wha. From that side, they're like, yeah, that's a little bit uh, that's that's that's a little bit new around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little scary, all right. So those are all theories of what happened, But actually Fox News knows what's going on here, and we'll get into their explanation for what's happening in Russia in a moment and we're back. Yeah, So Maria Barbibaromo has a theory of what's actually happening here.
Speaker 2: Is it that it's a common iplicated geopolitical thing, is an internal struggle between the warlords and the military and not agreeing on Ukraine strategy.
Speaker 1: Door work for the Biden administration, Miles, because it sounds like you're just kind of spitting their talking points.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not going to lie. I have taken money from them in the past, but that's neither here nor there. But let's check it with Maria. Does it break through and become a role problem?
Speaker 4: The White House wanted to give the media something else to cover, and this is the mo o. This is exactly the way they do things. In fact, on Friday, I said, Wow, what a blockbuster. What's that message. I'm sure there will be an enormous story over the weekend that the White House is going to be pushing to take this story off of the front page.
Speaker 1: And sure, en, we've.
Speaker 4: Got the State Department drumming up all the drama that took place over the weekend in Russia. So I don't know if it's going to break through. The mainstream media has an excuse again.
Speaker 2: Not to cover it.
Speaker 4: They're covering everything about Russia and the Wagna Group.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's true, as if it really yeah, okay, I think as if it really matters. Yeah, I don't know A coup and a nuclear armed state.
Speaker 1: The most nuclear armed state by a like just off their rocker.
Speaker 2: I don't know what she's trying to say that the US like in through the deep state, and I don't know what. I guess presumably like CIA operatives were able to get the Wagner group to actually go through with an attempted armed insurrection, or it's all crisis actors and it's all visual propaganda and that's why. Or Maria, how just how how does it work? Again? Who called who to make this happen? I'm just I'm trying to figure that part clear. I'm trying to believe you. I just need a little bit more like.
Speaker 1: Big insinuations is kind of seems to be how this is working. This is also after Senator Marshall Blackburn suggested that the missing Titanic sub was is also just a calculated distraction from the case against Hunter Biden. So the Biden administration has been very busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, putting people on submarines.
Speaker 1: And that what the WhatsApp message is. He was like leaning on somebody to pay him by saying, like, my dad's a president, don't you know who I am? Is that kind of the idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess that's but I don't know, iret the.
Speaker 1: Fact that like people recognize and have made peace with the fact that Hunter Biden is like the greatest, most elaborate fail sun that we've ever seen, and y yeah or just like yeah, I mean it seems like Biden knows these are real fuck.
Speaker 2: Up or the or the biggest threat to America is Hunter Biden. The way all this energy is being put on it, it's like y'all have more energy than for Hunter Biden. The fucking Al Qaeda right now, like it's again and everything is in service of under Biden right now. Okay, he has the gravitational pull of the sun.
Speaker 1: The son mister Beast said he declined to join the submersible trip. Did you know did you see that?
Speaker 2: That makes sense? Oh? Like he was like, was he offered a ride on it?
Speaker 1: On that one? Yeah? See, because another.
Speaker 2: YouTuber did it and said it fell fucking jank when he went on it. And I don't know if they went to fucking Titanic depth. But again, I think that just shows you the kind of like pr campaigns. Man, It's like from remember that thing Anna shared in the group text she In.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what was that?
Speaker 2: I actually didn't follow that shit is wild, so she In, which is like huge fast fashion company, like I think they're probably the biggest now. They sponsored these influencer trips to go to their factories in China, and like it was total propaganda. Like the concerns are like what are the working conditions in these factories? Like what are the fucking like materials being used? Like what's the process to do all this stuff? Like I hear there's child labor, and like they were just to these like pristine factories that are like not crowded, and was like smiling, and like the tone of a lot of this influencer content is like I'm even talking to some of the fact the factory managers right now, and I asked, you guys post some questions you want me to ask? And I said, what about the working conditions? And he said they have really good wages, that that's really competitive, and that they don't use bad labor practices. So and from what I saw, it looked really clean, and you're like you've been fucking played. But again, every like it's just it's funny how much the sort of pr propaganda campaign is so much a part of everything we do know from everything those.
Speaker 1: One of more strategies that the sugar Magnate used is like they invited a journalist who was even like just threatening to maybe be critical of them. They like invited them to the factory like this pr tactic of like we can have a single good location where we're not abusing thing people look at this one harming people. Yeah, at this very carefully cultivated specific press up that we've put in.
Speaker 2: And also I got to say I love the fucking five star accommodations they gave me during this this trip. The food was excellent. Right, It's just so wild. How when you look at it, you're like, do you not see what they're doing to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And but again I'm sure they know kind of what the deal is and that's why they accept the trip. Uh.
Speaker 1: Did you see the picture of JFK Junior or RFK Junior being Shredsville?
Speaker 2: Dude? I honestly thought someone used AI to make it look like he was like a Sereno in fucking Pelican Bay or some shit. It looks like a jail yard. Yeah, he's built like he's been he's been you know, locked down, for fucking twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's big. He's got it's a shirtless photo black and white. He's he's got big muscles. And it also like made him make more sense to me somehow, because he's like hanging out with First of all, he's hanging out with like la personal wellness people. It seems like who've always had some interesting questions around vaccines, I feel like. And then also just like that scene in Succession, like the I Love you but You're not a serious person thing, Like he's just you know, because of his name, people like lend gravity to whatever he says and have since he was like a child, But he's mainly an idiot who like gravitates towards the most provocative thing he thinks will make him sound as smart as people expect him to be.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and he's like one of those broken clocks where he's like right about a couple things, yes, and then you're like, oh, well, I mean like he is like anti war, like he's he's he is talking about how we have like misplaced emphasis like in our economy and things like that, but then he goes back to being like the Wi Fi though you're like Okay, well shut up, dude, Yeah please, This this puts him in the category that people will now be like, who are you going to trust on your medicine?
Speaker 1: This pencil neck dipshit like picture of a doctor, or this like I've seen it with like Joe Rogan before, or this guy who's you know, yeah right, he's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, rfk, Junior can do a bunch of steroids. Doesn't even get the back knee. That's how next level he is. Dude. His forearms look like fucking Christmas Hams.
Speaker 1: Though I know, yeah, I figured I shared this picture with you mainly because I figure you could be they.
Speaker 2: Look like Christmas Hams. Trump is terrified. He drops out of the race. He's like before, I've seen the other guy's christy, not really worried about him. Tim Scott kind of feathery spaghetti arms. But rfk, my god, biceps like Christmas Hams. I got nothing for the.
Speaker 1: Arms like also Christmas Hams.
Speaker 2: All the way through. I don't know if his forearms are Christmas Ams. I don't even know what to call those biceps. Oil drums.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take one more break and we'll come back and talk about some more popular culture things. Have you Have you seen anything from the popular culture this week?
Speaker 2: We defin really did. We definitely did. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back, and the world said hello to Grady Dick at the NBA draft.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you actually For people who may have been confused on the last social post for the show where Jack was Grady Dick and I was Adam Silver, that's Grady Dick. That was Grady Dick, say a super long neck.
Speaker 1: He He was drafted thirteenth by the Raptors. He wore a fabulous suit to the draft of beautiful suit, just beautiful, a bejeweled turtleneck, sequined, sequined. Yeah, the turtleneck is like ruby slipper, Like it all looks like it's made of the material that Dorothy's shoes are made from and Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 2: Because he's not in Kansas anymore. That's why.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's great, all it all works together. I was not aware of him really until I first started seeing pictures and again immediately thought it was bj from Righteous Gemstones, which, like a lot of people commented on, they were like this, he's really giving big you know, the husband from Righteous Gemstones energy and you know he was drafted thirteenth, which I think is like not far from where he was expected to But people were like, oh, man, like, could you imagine if you just like just sat there being unselected, wearing that jacket, rubbing his mits.
Speaker 2: All right with the twenty seventh thick here we go.
Speaker 1: But then yeah, I mean, just so now that I know who he is, like, you shared a reel of him on social like dance tiktoks man, Oh man, what kid got the riz?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: He's got the riz? Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm like, is it because okay, is it that his is it? I don't think his riz comes you know, let me put on my spinny gen z cap really quick, Like, is his charisma from the fact that he is just has it coming off his skin, his pores. You just like, get out of this man's way? Or is it because he owns who he is so well? Because he's not the he's not the coolest looking guy or the best dancer, but he loves what like he can tell he loves doing it. Yes, and I think that's probably what it is. Like You're like, Oh, this guy's in his joy zone. Go ahead, head, I'm not going to get in the way.
Speaker 1: The name is not hurting either. Grady dick Is it just sticks in your brain. I'm not going to confuse that with poor Zingis. I'll tell you that much. Ein trying maybe yeh call yourself Porzingis. But yeah, Grady Dick, I mean it's like close to gravy dick, which is an image that just kind of burrows down into the dark recesses, Like did.
Speaker 2: That go through your head? Yeah, it was not like gravy specifically, but it did sound like a description of a dick them Grady dicks.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Gravy, But I did I.
Speaker 1: Think gravy dick. I don't think grade E dick. Like it's below an, which would be not great Grady for excellent, Yeah, gradydergar. His neck is also the longest neck I've ever seen on a human being. I'm hoping the raptors aren't going to bring him in and be like whoop. He's actually a five to eleven guy with a two foot long neck. He kind of appears when you look at a picture of him like that might be what's going on, right.
Speaker 2: The turtleneck is a cover that he's all neck. Yeah, it's all neck, man. If he ran into. If he didn't see a screen coming from that blind side, he might fucking his head might snap off from the impact, so wobbly up there. When they asked him about the suit, he said, quote, I'm just being goofy and myself. People are going to think I'm crazy, But the mentality was that I'm gonna wear this suit probably once in my entire life, so I might as well just go all out love it. And there you love it for him. He did it, Grady.
Speaker 1: It never stops wearing that suit. The shoulder pads also are important statement that I'm hoping this brings them back to NBA draft suits. I think in some cases these are long, lanky men who could use a little shoulder pad action to fill out their frame. Absolutely, Wembayama looked pretty good in his teal suit. I gotta say, yeah, but this took the fucking this took all the energy. Yeah, I don't care about anymore.
Speaker 2: Maria Romo should be asking why Grady Dick pulled up like this right honestly, more than other really you know, relevant news things. I spent a lot of energy talking about this guy's suit. Yeah, and that's an easier op to run I think Maria.
Speaker 1: All right, Lance Armstrong is back and he is concerned about fairness and sports despite the fact that literally Lance Armstrong, he seems like he's going in an OJ direction, like the OJ zone, where like your public persona is having the gall to say something that like people just can't.
Speaker 2: I think that one man murdered his ex wife. Yeah that's just me.
Speaker 1: I'm OJ And I know a thing or two about the car Serle system. Oh right, so you know, most famous cheater in the world. Lance Armstrong just went real hard in his career. Like I still remember that Nike ad where he was where he came out like tried to get ahead of the story and was like a lot of people say he couldn't win the Tour de Fronce without being on something. He must be on something. I'll tell you what I'm on. I'm on my bike five in the morning. I'm on his grind son. That's That's what I'm on. And then yeah, he's he's just and then it turns out he was doing all like cheating in every way possible. It was like that scene and is it spies like us where he he's like got the answers like in his mouth in his watch, oh right, right, in his glasses. He was like a very gifted cheater. I would say, like the level of complexity that was going on was pretty intense and impressive once you heard all the details. But anyways, he's trending on Twitter now after he posted a promo video for a podcast series he's making with Caitlin Jenner all about trans women competing in sports, and Armstrong claims to be uniquely positioned to talk about this since he's a cisgender disgraced cyclist.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, as someone who has taken testosterone to cheat people, I mean from them right in the athletic world. I guess, like, what the fuck are we talking about? Yeah, it's fucking wild too, like his whole that whole announcement too. He's like, I think it's worth talking about. It's worth a spirited debate or some shit, is what he said. And then Don's like, I think you can be supportive of the transgender community, but also what about the transgender question? Like then you've like pivot to like this very grim talk about like like the fairness of it. You're not there to talk about the fairness of shit. You're again you want to talk about unserious people. It's this man talking about his concern with the fairness of fucking anything, and then Caitln Jenner using her you know, a trans identity, her like just her, her, the clout that she has or I guess the notoriety she has as a trans woman and athlete to be like and hey, we're the authorities on this in a time where there's so much rampant homophobia and transphobia. I just to me, it's like, if you're going to actually if this is like a threat assessment, right, if I'm being really charitable about his motivations, and you're trying to say I'm doing this because it's worth talking about because I'm I'm thinking that these athletes are maybe gonna be victims. But I'm I'm only seeing a hand full of athletes that are picked out very intentionally to to sort of perpetuate this narrative about the danger of trans athletes. Uh. And if I'm actually looking at people that are in danger, it's actually trans people. Yes, exactly, have a fucking spirited debate about the fucking like legal vilification and dismantling of their lives. Yeah, that's probably worth talking about rather than you're fucking five people like who lost a swim meet and.
Speaker 1: You're like, this is we gotta start talking about this. Even those on these people well a lot of recent shows them feel for fifteen minutes after that. Yeah, it's also, well, he's like pretty openly misogynistic. He's this is the first time he's ever commented on women's sports at all.
Speaker 2: The cynic in me is like, if he does, it's just a beat to talk about it, Like this isn't as good as the NBA, This is as good as like the fucking MLS or some shit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He in two thousand and three when his teams Sognore, is that how we're announceding that?
Speaker 2: Dude, I saw that fucking word and I started talking about Cannabase. It fucked me up. I have no idea what the fuck.
Speaker 1: I looked at it, like your team Massuse.
Speaker 2: It's like, actually a Swane swannge SWANEA Swane was one of the.
Speaker 1: First to go public with doping allegations, and he demonized her and called her a quote whore and then another one.
Speaker 2: Wait when someone brought up the fact like this motherfucker might be cheating.
Speaker 1: Yes, in two thousand and three somebody word wow for him. And then when another woman, the wife of one of his teammates, made the same totally accurate allegation, he called her a quote crazy bitch, but specifically reiterated to her and the press that he never called her a quote fat crazy bitch. Uh, which I don't know the details of that give telephone, but it just, you know, truly uh uh, a piece of shit who's never given any thought to women's sports of any sort.
Speaker 2: No, if anything, he's just he's just outing himself as a fucking idiotic transphobe. Yes, and he's using it's this fucking it's just concern trolling of like and walking your way into transphobia, being like, it's not that I'm saying anything's wrong. I'm just concerned. Yes, I'm concerned. That's why I'm talking about it. But you're You're concern is misguided and misdirected and isn't even reasonable because if you're concerned to be with people who are absolutely facing a terrible outcome because we're legislating against them being able to live their fucking lives, how about that, get on your bike and go do that one.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, it seems like a real piece of shit. Also, like just his his whole energy is so like he I feel like he's to be I haven't looked at his clothing his wardrobe in this, but I feel like he's definitely frozen in like the late night like when he was at his peak fame.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh yeah, it's probably it's like ats tight T shirts. Yeah, he's wearing tight T shirts, skinny jeans, itty bitty jeans.
Speaker 1: It's like back carrier and finally we like to check them out the box office. The big story from this weekend's box office was that The Flash declined seventy three percent in its second weekend. So first weekend was a big disappointment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, powered by morbid curiosity.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then this weekend seventy three percent decline because everybody who saw this movie and wasn't involved in the marketing campaign that they apparently had going. Stephen King, I'm still I'm still a little so Stephen King called it like one of the best movies he's seen in a long time on Twitter. I still remember that, like it was like a couple months bad before it came out see and I was like, huh, so are we what's is this Are You Bad can be bought? Turns out but uh yeah, it's just there's absolutely no appetite for this movie because they, like the DC Universe was like, all right, we're not doing this anymore, so these are just kind of left over. It's like a lame Duck movie from like a lame Duck franchise. So and then it turns out it's also bad, So there's not there's not much to power people wanting to go see it. So across the Spider Verse returned to the top slot. Pixar's Elemental was in second, and then right behind the Flash was No Hard Feelings, starring Jennifer Lawrence as a woman willing to have sex with an introverted nineteen year old just for a used buick. Is kind of the premise. We loved it trailer, I think when it first came out. But it's like a raunchy R rated comedy that they don't make anymore.
Speaker 2: You can even bring that word back. I remember that was the way when I was at the video store looking at eighties comedy movies and trying to figure out where they'd be naked ladies. Yeah, like, is this a ribald comedy? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Ok, yeah, yes, it's R and R for Ribaled.
Speaker 1: Jam Our writer went and checked it out and said, it's genuinely weird being in a pack theater full of people like laughing and groaning in discomfort at various parts. It's like the first one of those movies that come out in the theater since Bridesmaids. There's a scene where Jennifer Lawrence's character Maddie beats the ship out of some teenagers on a beach while completely naked.
Speaker 2: She's naked, beaten up teenagers. Yeah, and this is.
Speaker 1: A big being sold is like Jennifer Lawrence is funny the movie, which probably makes sense, like she does seem funny in charge, like that's a big part of her public persona, but it doesn't feel like it's ever been like fully the premise of one of her movies. When I even saw on social over the weekend, people were like, I work at a movie theater. And the way you can tell someone is an actual movie star is when people come up to buy it. They don't even know the name of the movie. They're like, I'll take two tickets for Jennifer Lawrence please, Oh really, And they were like, you get it with her and Tom Hanks, and that's basically it these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, I mean I think I'm like trying to think of when she's ever had a bit of a bit of comedy in her role or like a role that's a little bit comedic, and I'm like, I can't remember. Yeah. Yeah, I mean you always see her like do stuff like on like I don't know, like wish you on SnO, I'm sure doing stuff here and there, But like I guess maybe I wonder if that's like her thing, like she's like I want to be a comedian, like telling all her reps. She's like, I'm done with this fucking acting shit. I want to do rivaled comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And it did like kind of middle of the road. It's like it did well for an indie comedy, but it's actually a big studio comedy because it has her in it. And Yeah, what's that feet like for her to be? I think they said twenty five million maybe, so the budget is reportedly actually around seventy million dollars. There's there's a problem there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. But I guess, like I get why so many people were talking about it, because we've kind of lost this genre of film, you know, and people are like, I don't know, if this does good, maybe we'll see it come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So there.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's another rated comedy coming with Will Ferrell voicing a like dog with I think Jamie Fox. It's called like Strays maybe Strays.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: People are kind of looking to for keep the R rated comedy alive in theaters.
Speaker 2: Do you think is there a reason you think it died? Is it probably because it's just like a marketing like potential like disaster zone, where you like you could go all in, And then some people are like, man, people aren't going to the movies for that right now, Like all those people we used to sell American pie tickets do now are parents?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It's probably just like hard to gauge. And also they all seem like, I don't know, First of all, you don't get any respect in Hollywood for having like a successful like you don't get any of the awards or any of the self serious people seem to respect in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: And then like what were we saying, like in a more revisionous version of the Academy Awards, like Bridesmaid should have won more awards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, especially the performance categories, like those are the hardest roles to pull off. But comedies get ignored at awards season and probably like when it comes to like whether you're hired or fired. But like of the like box office phenomenon in our lifetime, like you know, The Hangover was wild Like that was one of the last times I remember a movie that's like opened wide and like done well, and then like the next weekend did like even better, like it kept like growing and growing just on like word of mouth. Right, there are these examples of hits, so it doesn't totally make sense that they would just be like gone completely. But I think it's just the version of Hollywood that we have right now that is like, well, but when's the part where there's a lightning portal in the sky. That's that's the only way people know they're watching a move. Otherwise I just release it on the streaming.
Speaker 2: How come the dad didn't get hit in the balls a bunch? What? No, it's wildly like when you look at that, like when you search highest grossing quote unquote comedies first one minions the right group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that that is where comedies have gone, is too derated and PG rated ship for the birds. That's right, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with the whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow morning. Bye bye,