Speaker 1: Elvis, Duran, Elvis Duran.
Speaker 2: Phone tap. All right, into the phone tap. I want to phone tap my dad, says Gabriel. I'm away at college with Dad's old car, and I've been trying to sell it for a while. I want to tell him that one of my friends here on campus took it for a test drive to buy and got into an accident. So now Dad's old Jelapi is really wrecked and we'll never be able to sell it anyway. Dad likes to get a little screwed up in the head when he gets excited. When it comes to cars and money, Dad gets pissed easily. This comes to us from Gabriel. All right, Gabriel, Gabriel's gonna call his dad from school and tell him one of his friends played by Scary Jones borrowed the car keys and got into an accident test driving his car.
Speaker 1: Today's phone tap.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Oh Dad, Yeah, So I was trying to show this guy the car, and he came over and I told him, I said, listen, I said, just take the keys, take it for a test drive. He takes the car, drives in the parking lot and snatch in.
Speaker 4: The two cars. Oh man, disaster.
Speaker 3: He hit a Volkswagon and an how he just smashing it. Heaps slain on the gas.
Speaker 4: Gabriel, it's not that important. I told it wasn't that important. So just to give keys to somebody and then have to keep smashing the cars.
Speaker 3: That's my dad. You're the one who owns the car.
Speaker 1: Limit all right, you tell them, you tell them it's.
Speaker 4: Not my car. You listen to me. Listen to me. You can say it's not your fault all you want. My son just drove it up to college. He's been driving it around.
Speaker 5: But as soon as I put my foot on the gas, the gas pedal stuck to the floor and I.
Speaker 4: Rammed into Listen, listen, listen, listen. The gas pedals never stuck.
Speaker 1: You don't understand though, what happened was.
Speaker 4: You know, I can understand this. You're lying and and and and then the car be checked out and by a mechanic, and when you can't see that there's the gas pedal didn't stick. Then you're gonna be liable because now you've committed a crime by lying.
Speaker 1: You know what. My neck is starting to hurt me, sir.
Speaker 4: Hey listen to me. Yeah, you're good. Then when the cops come, tell the cops your neck hurts, because they can check that out too. You're the one that did it. You hit the car and we didn't hit the cars.
Speaker 1: Oh, my injuries are getting worse.
Speaker 4: That's okay, that's okay. Then go to a hospital't get checked out.
Speaker 1: I think there's an issue with my spleen.
Speaker 4: You can tell him that. See all this stuff. Look, I got this thing I record, so when we play it back to the cops and they hear your spleen now hurts figuring out you're lying.
Speaker 1: I think I punctured my pancreas.
Speaker 4: That's fine. You can puncture anything you want. You're just a lion kid, and so you know you'll pay for it my lungs. Sir, that's fine. Dad.
Speaker 5: Let's forget this all happened, okay, and.
Speaker 1: Then my pay will go away.
Speaker 3: Gabriel, he said, he go up and get some money and just and just pay for some of the damages, and then come back and give me the money.
Speaker 4: Gabriel, call the police right now.
Speaker 5: I'll give you everything in my wallet right now, and then we forget this ever happen. How much how much you have gab thirty five dollars.
Speaker 6: Gabriel, there's an ATM right over here.
Speaker 1: How much you want me to take out?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Let's start you Okay, listen, I have thirty five dollars.
Speaker 4: You walk away from that, you're leaving the scene of an accident.
Speaker 6: Walk away, you'll be, you'll be, there'll be a one off your arrest. Now my son is and we're telling it.
Speaker 4: You're trying to buy this accident.
Speaker 1: I'll go to the ATM. I'll take you.
Speaker 6: I don't care where you're going.
Speaker 4: We're not taking a cent from you.
Speaker 6: You are leading the scene.
Speaker 4: If you walk away, put them on the phone.
Speaker 1: No, this isn't right. I'll just give you money and I'll leave.
Speaker 6: We don't want money.
Speaker 1: I don't even have a license yet.
Speaker 6: I don't care. Then you're just an illegal kid. That's fun like this. You're gonna be in jail.
Speaker 1: Seriously, you need money, right.
Speaker 4: Game, I'll give you cash. Game I started.
Speaker 6: God, If you don't listen to me, I'm gonna kick your ass. Now, listen to me.
Speaker 3: If you and you I'm gonna be hold on, dad, hold on, wait, give me the phone back.
Speaker 1: No one's calling, no cops.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna give you some cash, and I'm gonna leave, okay because.
Speaker 1: This never happened.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, listen, not that you're in a lot of trouble. Now, what what are you getting into a lot of trouble right now? Because this is look, it's being recorded here. You're you're you're foolish.
Speaker 1: My pain's getting worse again.
Speaker 4: You can get here, get in front of this, or you can run. You can do any you want.
Speaker 1: I think I slipped the disc.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's your son back here.
Speaker 3: Dad, I got about to at three hundred fifty.
Speaker 4: Bucks me, yes, can you call it? Damn right?
Speaker 3: God? Wait Dad? All right, I will, Dad, I will.
Speaker 5: I don't want to talk to this kid anymore. The damn cop right now?
Speaker 4: Dad?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't want to get you all on a tizzy. I just really got to let you know right now that you've been phone tapped.
Speaker 6: Dad, Okay, you got me, mister Worth, put me up to it.
Speaker 3: He's been playing this for a month.
Speaker 2: You're dead me.
Speaker 1: This is Scary Jones from Elvis Duran in the Morning Show. You got phone tapped.
Speaker 3: I know he'll like listening to these things. So now you're gonna be on.
Speaker 4: One Hey scary, I hope your spleen is okay.
Speaker 5: This phone tap was pre recorded with permission granted by
Speaker 2: A DAN phone tap on Elvis Duran in The MO Morning Show