Speaker 1: Hey, discos, need a little more disgrace Land in your life, just to touch to get you through. Yeah, me too. This is the podcast. It comes after the podcast. Welcome to Disgraceland, the after party. Welcome to the Disgraceland bonus episode, a little thing we like to call the after party. This is the show after the show, the party after the party, the bridge to get you from one full episode of disgrace Land to the other, the backyard to dig into the dirt. On this bonus episode, we are talking about Chris Cornell. We are previewing the coming episode on Winona Ryder, talking artists with follow up bands that were more impactful than their breakthroughs. And we get into your voicemails, text DMS, emails and as always a whole lot of rosie. All right, Discos, let's get in to it all right, Chris Cornell. This week's full episode subject broke through obviously in Soundgarden, and then went to find success in Audio Sleeve. The question of the week this week was what artists had more impact in their follow up band than they did in their breakthrough band. Obviously, Chris Cornell's career inspired this question. Now for the record, I'm leaving off people like Dave Navarro who went from Jane's Addiction to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's a bit of a nuanced reason, but it's because Chili Peppers weren't really Navarro's band. He joined pretty much as a sideman. Wasn't even a full member of my opinion, so he doesn't qualify. Neither is someone like Ronnie James Dio, who left Black Sabbath to have a successful solo career. We're talking groups here, okay. Making it in two groups two bands is a much harder achievement in my estimation. Those artists who break through with one band and then repeat their success where then they surpassed their previous success in another group. That's huge. That is not easy. So I was surprised to learn that Soundgarden has sold significantly more albums than Audio Slaves thirty million for Soundgarden to just eight million for Audio Slave. The Boys and Guns N' Roses. They did not fare better with Velvet Revolver. GNR is a significantly bigger band than Velvet Revolver, as was Stone Temple Pilots. Here's one though, bit of left field. Not really, I wouldn't have thought of this. I looked it up this morning. Bell Biv Deevo much bigger group for Ronnie, Ricky and Michael the new Edition. Okay, what about Blur and Gorillas? This, this one is shocking to me. Okay, Gorillas have sold far more albums than Blur, something like forty million to six million Gorillas. That is incredible. It's amazing. He'll always be damon from Blur. To me, though, Kim Deal's Breeders album Last Splash has supposedly sold more than all of the Pixies albums combined. I don't know. I read that, and I think the Internet might be fucking with me on this one. This does not sound like it's right, But yeah, Cannonball Man Crazy, here's a super relevant one because we were talking about this couple weeks ago, two after parties ago. I believe we were talking about Joy Division and New Order. By the way, I know, I'm supposed to have an update on Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, but I'm recording this after party way earlier than I normally do because we need to get produced in advance because of some vacation stuff that's going on. School vacation, that sort of thing. So I don't have the nominee Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee's gives me inductee update for you just yet. But when we were talking about this a couple episodes ago, a couple bonus episodes ago, we were talking about Joy Division and New Order as potential. They're nominated, they might be inducted. I don't think they're going to get in. I don't understand why they're being inducted as two groups. That doesn't make any fucking sense. But you know, after of course, Ian Curtis died, Peter Hook, Stephen Morris, and Bernard Summer went on to form New Order and sold way more, way more records than Joy Division. But I'm guessing not as many T shirts. Should sales be the final deciding element here, I don't know. I think so because sales usually correlate with radio play, video play, and cultural impact, except maybe in the case the Breeders versus the Pixies. To me, the Pixies aren't way more culturally impactful. They've been doing this for so long, and I feel like they've they've just they've touched more people. It's anecdotal but that's how I feel. I'm curious what you guys think on the on the Pixies Breeders question. I think we have to mention Dave misstaying here, who after getting booted from Metallica, went on to form Megadeth. They never did what Metallica did, and Dave is still crying about it. But they are one of the top four thrash bands of all time, along with Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax, part of the so called Big four? Who else? Who else? Eric Clapton from Yardbirds to Cream to Derek and the Dominoes. Does he get it for doing it three times? I guess you can make the case, but Yardbirds weren't really his band, were they? I don't know. Is this the right answer? Derek and the Dominoes one album and not a very good one. This feels like a cheap win, if it's a win at all. Paul McCartney jumping from Beatles to Wings is worthy of our consideration, despite the fact that Wings were obviously not as big as the Beatles. The big one here is, of course, Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl going on to just, you know, have this incredible career with Food Fighters after being the drummer in Nirvana, And I think you got to give a special tip of the hat to Dave Grohl for going from playing drums to fronting the band. But but I was a little surprised by this one too. Foo Fighters have sold half as many albums as Nirvana. I get that Nirvana is truly iconic, but I would think the amount of time Food Fighters have been around, I thought there was a chance they actually sold more records. But no, it's like seventy to seventy five million for Nirvana and something like thirty two thirty five million for food Fighters. So there you go. About what about Steve Malcolmus going from Pavement to the Heavy Quartet? Though I'm just kidding. I just wanted to mention the Heavy Quartet, Okay, I think I think those are our contenders. I don't think I'm really forgetting anyone of significance, but you guys are gonna let me know when I get to the phone calls. What's what is the answer? Okay? Which second act was more impactful than the first? Surprisingly, I'm very surprised by this, But I think the answer is Damon Alburn and Gorillas. I think Gorilla's over Blur. Those record sales numbers are no joke, and they dwarf Blur's success. I knew Blur never sold a ton of records beyond the UK, but I would never have guessed that Gorillas were bigger. I should have known. I should have known. So that's my answer, Damon Alburn, that's right. I don't know. Maybe you can make the case for Bell Bivdavo as well, but my gut tells me more people think about Blur than they do New Edition. So that's why I give it to Gorillas over Bell Bivdavo. But maybe this is my side of the street. Then again, I grew up I legally buying beer in Boston's combat zone, so I know a little thing or two about New Edition. But I want to know what you guys think. We're gonna get to your answers on this question shortly, but first I have to tell you about this week's rewind Archive episode coming your way right after this bonus episode. It's on Matt give us a little drum roll, Go ahead, all right, It's on Iggy Pop. David Bowie fans, you're not gonna want to miss this one either. Bowie's a big part of Iggy story. Bowe's a big part of this episode. Lots of other cool people show up in this episode too, Miles Davis, Dennis Hopper, bunch of our subjects. So if you haven't heard our Iggy Pop episode, you're gonna love it, and if you have, your in for a treat when you re listen to it. Coming up after that on Tuesday, we've got our episode on Winona Rider, and Winona is the course pretty rock and roll, which is why we thought to feature her in Disgraceland. Weina, however, is the last of our icon series artists, and we'll eventually find her way into the Hollywood Land archive as Disgraceland becomes once again solely music content. But for now you've got missus Johnny Depp, not really, but sort of coming your way next week, Winona Rider. Okay, this all brings us to next week's question of the week. When you're listening to the Winona Rider episode, be thinking about all those iconic eighties and nineties females arlt's and let me know if Winona is gen X's most iconic female actor. If not Winona, then who Drew Barrymore Cameron Diaz. Who is it? Let me know? Six one, seven nine oh six sixty six three eight. Heather Graham, Leave me a voicemail, Send me a text. Not you, Heather Graham, You guys, semi a voicemail? Leave me a text. Let me know if Heather Graham is more iconic than Winona Rider or Drew Barrymore. Who is it? Disgrace sampod on the socials? All right, I'm gonna take a quick break. I'll be hanging on the telephone on the other side with your voicemails, texts and dms. Alright, six one, seven nine oh six six six three eight. You know where I'm at him in the phone booths. It's the one across the hall. I'm hanging on the telephone. Who you want to send me a voicemail? You want to send me a text? That's how you do it. Let's check out this one from who were looking at here? The seven six five?
Speaker 2: Jake, what's up? It's metal Head Monday from the seven six five, North Central Indiana coming at you. You asked about artists that their follow up projects were better, more influential, whatever than their original breakthrough projects. I'm gonna go with Neil Young, dude, Buffalo Springfield. I mean, you know they were good, they had a hit, right, But man, Neil Young went on to become Neil Young, I mean totally influential, great music, decades long career, still going, Neil Young all the way, man.
Speaker 1: Rock and roller metal head Monday. I appreciate you, brother. Listen that kind of breaking my own rule here only because look, Neil Young solo artists, so I'm not counting the solo artists. I should have said that, I guess when I posed the question, but I thought it was obvious because the group piece of this is so key. However, Crosby, Stills, Nash and whoever the fuck aka Neil Young, as I once said, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, you could make the argument that you're trying to make here for Neil relevant to Buffalo Springfield's check out to two seven oh.
Speaker 3: Hey Jay, not Jack. This is Todd, not Tim from the two seven oh Nashville area.
Speaker 4: But your question about the artist.
Speaker 5: Who had a second band or whatever, impact or whatever, it's probably an obvious choice. I guess I gotta go with Dave Grohl. Does that count obviously?
Speaker 4: Grummer for Nirvana and then frontman, main guy for the Food Fighters.
Speaker 3: I guess food Fighters not made, probably not as impactful, but nonetheless, for thirty years now been very relevant.
Speaker 5: Dave grows very relevant.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I'm gonna go with that one, and maybe a minor shout out to Josh Hamme who was in Kius and then formed Queens of the Stone Age.
Speaker 3: And that's probably a reach. Anyway, Thank you man, thank you for your content as always, love it all.
Speaker 6: Right, Todd not Tim, you know, yeah, I feel like Food Fighters are so impactful despite their record sales not being as much as Nirvana's, that it's hard not to give it to him.
Speaker 1: It's hard to go with Gorillas. I feel like if you answered this question that I'm posing at a party and came at people with Gorillas over Food Fighters, you get shouted down. Just the Food Fighters. I guess it's Dave Grohl's celebrity. He's just he's turned himself into something that is beyond anything Damon Alburn had turned himself into after Blur, and I guess the scale because Foo Fighters have sold uh right around. That's weird too. They've only sold as many albums as Gorillas. Crazy Crazy, I guess gorillas are just huge internationally and I just have an American point of view on this. I don't know. Fascinating question though, Thanks Todd not Tim all right six seven nine oh six six six three eight. You can send me a voicemail like Todd not Tim, like like metal Head Monday, or you can send me a text like the nine oh nine who writes, Hey Jake, Luke here with a quick note pursuing it to your Billie Idol after party. I'm had a club to see a punk show. The after show playlist includes one hundred punks by Generation X nearly fifty years on, and it still kills this bumper music after a punk show? Nine o nine thank you for the text. Who'd you go see? I want to know? Let me know anyone who wonders what nine or nine is texting about, it's because we just had this Billie Idol episode in our feed of Disgraceland. You can check that out. One writes in Hey Jake, I was listening to your thoughts on Marilyn Manson's autobiography and I wanted to mention when will you get around to doing a nine inch Nails episode. There's lots of debauchery to be had anyway, I will keep listening, thank you, and I want to well, yeah, I had the same thought because Trent obviously is a big part of Marilyn Manson's story. There's a lot of Trent debauchery in the Marilyn Manson book. I do think a nine Inch Nails episode. I don't know. I don't know how soon on the heels of Marilyn Manson, but soon ish, because I'm very interested. For no other reason. Nine three seven, Jimmy Page has to be the answer to the artist who had more successful later group. What oh, I guess you're saying, yeah, led Zeppelin compared to the Yardbirds. But the Yardbirds weren't really Jimmy Page's group. I mean, he was in the group, but you know what I'm saying. Nine three seven goes on to say, speaking of led Zeppelin, I remember running the streets of Boston with my walkman and I went to switch out my Van Halen Fair Warning cassette with the led Zeppelin cassette I had in the front of my Champion hoodie and it was gone. I was devastated. I only find peace with the hope that a young kid perhaps found it and grew a love for music, maybe even started playing music, and perhaps with any luck, started a podcast about musicians behaving badly. But what's the chance of that? Rock a rolla Bill from the nine three seven. Bill's referring, of course, to the story I've told before about how I got into led Zeppelin, which was I was walking in my backyard one morning in the fourth grade and I literally found led Zeppelin one in cassette in the dewey grass. It was in its case, so it was fine, and I brought it inside my house and I put it in my stereo, and good Times, Bad Times came on, and my life was forever changed in that moment. Had never heard led Zeppelin before. And I don't know, Bill, let's just let's say yeah, let's say, Bill, we finally connected after all these years. But Boston to where I grew up was about thirty five miles. Unless it was on the wings of a geez, I don't know, some led Zeppelin like medieval bird flying down across the mass Turnpike out into the verbs. I doubt very much that it's the same cassette, but I'm gonna believe it, just for the just for the poetic license. Thank you Bill six one seven nine oh six six six three eight semi a voicemail or text disgracelam pod on the socials, Ashley Neil writes in on Facebook, Jake, I've been listening to Graceland since twenty twenty ish slogging at my shit job. You have helped keep me sane. Love the content sincerely. Meant to call in and give my take on the question about the fave grunge band for the recent Alison Chains Lane's Day episode, but didn't get around to it. Honestly, Alison Chains is my favorite band. I was born in nineteen eighty three and I kind of missed out on them initially, but they've been a mainstay in my playlist for my entire teen and adult life. Lane's raw, honestin is lyrics paired with Jerry's guitar and harmonizing vocals just speaks to my soul. That being said, I was kind of no one gave Stone Temple Pilots a nod, even though they didn't originate in Seattle. I feel like Core and Scott Wiland in general really wove into that genre beautifully and were excellent. What can I say, apparently my favorite rock stars were all heroin addicts. Last thing, I've been racking my brain trying to remember a band name you mentioned as being rock and roll at a time where a lot of us consider rock and roll to be dead. Outside of the smaller scope, I feel like it had a C in the name. It's low Cut, Connie low Cut Connie Ashley, Okay. Another great band I've been listening to lately, new band Geese. I'm sure you guys have heard of it before. Not Goose, not the Goose Geese, Geese, Okay, Stone Tip of Pilots not being mentioned in the top ten greatest grunge bands. People have written in to voice the same concern that Ashley has here. I left them off my list because I like Stone Tip of Pilots, but they were just so contrived when they came out. They seemed like a elaborate version of what grunge should be, and I think a lot of people feel that way. I think a lot of people feel that way. Also, not that I think not being from Seattle, so I'm trying to say, has something to do with it. As you mentioned, Ashley, Stone Tip of Pilots remind me of like our generation's version of Creten's Clearwater Revival. Just like a great band, but completely inauthentic, you know, like ccier is thinking about growing up in the swamps of Louisiana or whatever, and they're from fucking San Francisco or wherever they're from, northern California. Just there weren't from the Bayou, That's all I'm saying. And Stone type of pilots just didn't seem like they were grunge beside the flannel. And I guess the sound. I mean, I get it, I get it, but I just I disassociate them with that scene for some reason. And I suspect that others do as well. Not to take anything away from Stone type of pilots. I've grown to appreciate them. I did not back in the day. I guess I kind of did a grudge, but not on purpose. All right, guys, you want to connect on social at disgracelam pod, on Facebook, on Instagram, on X hit me up. All right, we started doing this new thing in the after party last week. We talk a lot here about voicemails. If you guys want me on your voicemail, Yes, me myself and I as the voice of your virtual answering machine, me recording a message for you to have playing for whenever somebody calls and you're not there to pick up the phone. And honestly, who actually picks up the phone these days? So voice messages are more important than ever, That's what I'm saying. You know, something like, Hey, it's Jake from Disgraceland, and you know Gary ain't here right now. Gary's off at the replacement show. He can't come to the phone, So leave a message. Okay, Gary, you fucking PERV. You want me to leave your voicemail for you? I got you, all right. Listen, here's how you make it happen.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 1: You got to find the Easter egg. I was inspired by Easter. Easter just happened. I hope you all had a great holiday. He has risen christosiness from my Greek friends. Anyways, I was inspired by Easter. I sninking East Easter eggs. What can we do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know what we can do. There's tons of Easter eggs in our episodes. All I get to do is find a question. Ask it here. You guys, dig into the episode, pull out the Easter egg, hit me back either on voicemail, on text or on the DMS. Although this is the how you respond might change because I don't know that the posting on social thing is going to work because once you post it then everybody can see it. The answer dig get a lot of texts, dig get a lot of voicemails with the answer to the Easter egg question, which was in the Sharon Tate Part two episode of Hollywood Land. Who did Sharon Tate ask for advice concerning her marital problems with Roman Polanski? Who did Sharon seek out for advice? That was the question and the answer comes from this week's winner, Ryan in the two to eight to one.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is Ryan from Houston.
Speaker 2: The answer to your questions about egg healthy summer.
Speaker 1: And there you go, Elkie Summer. That's the answer, Elkie Summer, fellow actress friend of Sharon Tate. So Ryan, get in touch, hit me back again. We will coordinate on how to get you this recording for your voicemail. If you have anything special you want me to say, we can work all that out. You want me to leave something a little curated, perhaps a little bespoke, I can do that. You want me to cope with something on the fly. I can do that as well. All Right, hit me back. We'll get this going next week. Okay, you guys can win next week. Okay, you can win. You can win next time around. You know the spin at the wheel here, okay, And the question is going to be in the Robin Williams episode of this coming episode of hollywood Land. Okay, we're coming up with a Robin Williams episode of hollywood Land. In the most recent Robin Williams episode of hollywood Land, the one that is at the top of your hollywood Land feed right now, the question is no, I like this one. I like this one because it's it's kind of unintentionally in the form of a joke. Okay, here's the question in the Hollywoodland episode on Robin Williams. What did Robin Williams get from the prostitute when he turned twenty one? Head over to Hollywoodland, dive into that Robin Williams episode, find the answer and hit me at six one seven nine oh six six six three eight, Leave me a voicemail, send me a text with your answer. I guess We're still going to do this on social media. Be the first to post on Instagram. We pose this question, we'll see what happens, and again. The easter egg answer is in the Robin Williams episode of Hollywood Land. The question is what did Robin Williams get from the prostitute when he turned twenty one? All right, now, for something totally different, my quick sports rant here in under thirty seconds, which is probably just gonna be a little longer than thirty seconds. I showed my seven year old and my eleven year old Major League with Charlie Sheen, basically because they can't get enough baseball right now. And newsflash, this movie, this movie isn't as wildly offensive as Bad News Bears, which I love, by the way, but probably shouldn't have shown to my kid when he was five. But a League is a hard R. If you're wondering in eighties R. Eighties ours are much harder than nineties or today's ours. By the way, hard R would be a great name for a band. Tough to pronounce, So right, hard R. What's the name of your band? Hard R? What? Now? It's not a good name? If you have to if when you give the name of your band, the next response is a question, it's not a good band name. It's not a good name for anything actually that happens. So anyways, we made it through with Jake Taylor and the Wild Thing. My wife almost killed me before it was over. But it's basically one sex scene, some naked dude's asses in the in the locker room, and a torrent of f bombs. You can navigate through it with the remote, is what I'm saying. Okay, put your phone down. You don't have to call Social Services on me. I'm just saying, if you've got a baseball itch this spring and there isn't a game on or your team sucks, you can revisit Major League with your kids, even if they're seven years old and your wife is you know, semi cool and you don't mind scarring your kids for life. All right, I'll be back in the flash to your emails in the Hollywood Land Minute. All right, we are back, and you know what time it is. It's time for the hollywoodland Minute, brought to you by the Hollywood Lamb Podcast. Don't know what the Hollywood Lamp podcast is? Well, the Hollywood Lamb Podcast is hosted by Yours Truly, where every week I tell you a story from the annex of Hollywood and True crime, and right now there are over forty episodes waiting for you to binge. Episodes on Charlie she And, Robin Williams, David Lynch, John Waters, Danny Treo, Meril Monroe, Steve McQueen, Drew Barrymore, Jane Fonda, and more recently, the very talented and one of the dudes we miss the most, Robin Williams. Here's a clip, Robin. I've been trying to take it easy on the drugs after Belusi's death. The sudden realization that he was going to have a son made him finally get serious about sobriety, and he quit boozing coke straight away. No twelve steps or therapy, feel good programs, just cold turkey. A few weeks later, his next movie, Outing the World According to Garb, hit theaters, and the John Irving Book became an almost instant hit at the box office. Things were finally looking up in more ways than one. Later in life, in a letter to his son Zach, Robin would write that his birth gave him a new sense of meaning and focus into his life. It also gave him plenty of new material. My God, it's a boy and he's hung like a bear. Wait, no, that's the umbilical cord. Of course, there were some habits Robin still couldn't break. One was his addiction to the rush of stand up comedy and the high that he got from the crowd. He find any excuse to leave Valerie behind with the baby Nappa and had to la to indulge in another one of those infamous all night comedy marathons. He even learned to enjoy them without the help of mind altering substances, which brings us to the other habit that Robin Williams couldn't break. Women, Robin had always messed around in the past. Valerie would either give him her blessing or at least forgive him. She knew her husband was a star. She couldn't help the fact that women threw themselves at him. Besides, he was out on the road a lot all by himself. But after Zach was born, it got harder for her to go along with it. She resented the fact that she was stuck at home with a baby while her husband was off gallimanding with some hot young thing. And Robin wasn't dumb. He knew it was getting to her. He tried to keep it in his pants for a while, but then another opportunity would present itself, and as Valerie once said, you'd have to be a saint to resist, and Robin was certainly no saint. God gave him a penis in her brain and only enough blood to use one at a time. Our guests, make sure you are subscribed to Hollywood Land on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Next week we have an episode on Phil Hartman coming your way, and you are not going to want to miss that one. Okay, disgrace Sampod at Gmail. You guys want to hit me up about anything in the disgrace Land universe, that's that's a good way of doing it. Some people don't like the voicemails. Some people don't like the text machine. Some people like a good old fashioned email. Disgracelampod at gmail dot com. Okay, Jacques Kobel writes in The Cramps Slash rock and Roll is dead, sir, while listening to your podcast, I have been digesting your thoughts on music and art for the past week. I have let it randomly play on Spotify throughout my workday. I see validity at most every point you make save one, rock is dead. My first thought was Blue October and the song hate Me lyrics that make Hollandwolf, Bruce Springsteen, and Robert Zimmermann blush at the shallowness of their own lyrics. The music is canned, the vocals are auto tuned, but the poetry is dangerous. Thank you. Well, I don't know about Blue October, but now I'm interested. Colin Old, Bobby de and Bruce Springsteen and Hollandwolf them some fighting words. Are you sure you want me to get into this? Appreciate you, Jack. You obviously thought about this question for some time. Michael Murphy writes in Yo, Jake, I'm just wondering what happens once you've exhausted the Hollywood Land and Sportsland, sides of the Badlands archive and all access icons material. What do you do for those rare celebrities you have touched on all three areas sports, film, and music. I know you did the Rock, but I'm thinking Hell Hogan, Dennis Rodman, Shack Nald maybe others. Let me know what you think. Rock a Roller Arnold Schwarzenegger, Well, come on, I mean, he could be Hollywood Land and Shaq and Dennis Rodman, Hulk Hogan, they're all athletes, so obviously Sportsland man. Come on, I think what you're getting at here, Michael, is we need to make some new episodes. Is that what you're saying, Michael? Are you daring me to make even more content? Michael more? Sportsland content? Is this? Are you throwing down the gauntlet? Is that what's happening here, Michael More? Perhaps even more Hollywood Land content, maybe these feeds. Maybe what happens is once once the Badlands archive is exhausted, as you say, once once these these all these archive episodes have been once again re released in the Hollywood Land feed. Maybe there's a Sportsland feed. Maybe there are new episodes in our future to keep these franchises humming, just as we're doing this Disgraceland. Maybe that's what's happening, Michael. I don't know, just the thought we shall see Disgrace lampod at gmail dot com. You want to email me. I appreciate it, just like I appreciate those reviews. You know about the reviews. They help with discovery, They help the show grow, They help people find Disgraceland, which is so important. We are independent we are out there, moving and shaking on our own, and in order for this show to grow, we need your help and that comes in the form of reviews, and we appreciate it so so, so, so much, so much that when you leave a review, if I read it here on the after Party Bonus episode, you hear it and you get in touch with me, I will then send you a couple merch items or a merch item I should say. This one comes from missus kJ LH on Apple Podcasts says, Hey, Jake can tell a story two exclamation points, five stars. I listened to this podcast on a whim after hearing an ad. I fell in love with it. Jake is such a good storyteller. I found myself on the edge of my sea even when I know the story. Definitely recommend well, missus k j LH. We recommend you get in touch with us because we're going to send you something cool. What do we got? Over on the Spotify box, Alison Marie writes in I cannot say enough good about this podcast. I heard episodes from others and many of these topics, but no one tells these stories better than this show right here, mad respect and dedicated listener, have a fantastic Easter weekend too, while Alison, thank you so much getting touch Alison, you have a good Easter as well with you and your family. This episode, Guys, is nearing its end, but this after Party, it's going to continue for our all access members because they're paying five bucks a month, and four that five bucks, they're getting a little bit more of the after party, little bonus, a little a little more squeeze for a little more juice here at the end of the episode. They're also getting exclusive an exclusive episode every week every month, excuse me, one additional extra episode on top of our weekly episodes per month. That's what you get for five bucks plus ad free listening. I mean, come on, five bucks. We've gone We've gone through this before. Can't even get a couple of coffee anymore for five bucks. Look what Double Elvis is giving you. Just go to membership check it out, go to disgraceandpod dot com slash membership, and I'm just telling you right now is a good time to sign up because there's something coming down the pike very soon, very soon that's going to you're just gonna wish you signed up. Okay, we'll say that Disgray slandpod dot com slash membership. All right, we are back. Let's clam into the vault here and talk about some archive episodes. Some artists that were mentioned in this bonus episode that we have full episodes on back in the archive that you guys can listen to, Stone Temple, Pilots, Guns n' Roses, a lot, okay, Jane's addiction, Black Sabbath. Still no Red Hot Chili Peppers episode, though I should probably get on that new order. We mentioned Oasis, There's a lot here, Metallica, Derek and the Dominoes, Clapton, there's a lot. Matt is going to piece together some links for you in the show notes so you can easily access these archive episodes. Guys, don't sleep on the archive. New listeners. Listen two hundred and thirty plus episodes on all kinds of musicians and transgressions and true crimes that they've committed or have happened to them in our archive. E ton, just give it a cruise, Go to Spotify, Apple, go to our website where and just kind of like scroll through. You're gonna find stuff you didn't know what's there, and you're gonna love it. But you know we mentioned a bunch of here. Matt's going to have that info for you in the show notes to get you into the archived quickly. All right, let's recap shout we Number one, My other podcast, hollywood Land, is alive and kicking over in the hollywood Land feeds, So make sure you are subscribed and following hollywood Land on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts, and get ready for our upcoming Hollywoodland episode on Phil Hartman, but only after you're caught up on our recent episode on Robin Williams number two right now in your Disgrace Sland feed, our episode on Chris Cornell number three coming tomorrow, our rewind episode on Iggy Pop, and next week win No NOA Riders, So make sure you're subscribed to Disgrace Land, and before merch winners get in touch, you know who you are. Number five. Remember, no one cares about preserving the true spirit rock and roll more than you do, and well that is a disgrace all right. In honor of this week's subject, Chris Cornell, this is me reading you the billboard charts from the day Chris passed away on May eighteenth two Thy seventeen number one, Shape of You had Cheering last week one peak position one weeks on Chart eight Number two. Bad and Bougie Migos featuring Little Uzzi vert last week two, peak position one weeks on Chart sixty number three. I don't want to live forever, saying.
Speaker 7: Taylor Swift last week number three peak positions like two five weeks on Chart twelve, number four position, That's what I like. Last week number four peak position just four weeks.
Speaker 1: On Charts seven. Number five is something just like this.
Speaker 7: Shane Swimmers cold last week fifty six peak positions
Speaker 1: On Quit Talking and Start mixing cu