Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's kiss you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast one to eleven Productions, and I must add iHeartMedia. iHeart Radio Bringing to you Ah Culture, Season six, Episode fourteen, You've Been Gilmoard, Laury, and Laura. I go to watch TV after coming home from dinner at Richard and Emily's talking about Christopher Lorelai cool Solaris. Rory, No, not again, Laura. I'm telling you there's a story in there somewhere.
Speaker 4: Rory.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The story is you calling yourself missus Clooney for two and a half hours. Solaris is a two thousand and two science fiction film written and directed by Steven Soderberg and Starr, George Clooney and Natasha Macklhoon.
Speaker 3: This movie is not good. I'm going to try it again. But I think I remember trying it and being like, this movie's not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it got good glowing reviews at the time either. Yeah, I think they Yeah, I mean, did you know that the movie was originally given an R rating by the MPAA, which Motion Picture Association America, primarily due to a pair of shots of George Clooney's nude rear well backside.
Speaker 2: To rewatch it, I never even knew that.
Speaker 1: I had Amy lb back after it had appeared on network television. Soderbergh won the appeal and the movie was granted a PG thirteen rating. What's that say about Clooney's backside? George Cloney was dating Christa Allen in two thousand and two, after meeting and falling in love on the set of Confessions of a Dangerous Mind The Chuck Barriss story seen anyway, Amy, you want to take this.
Speaker 3: One, sure, Rory says, Hey. Bullets over Broadway, Bullets over Broadways. In nineteen ninety four dark comedy crime film directed by Woody Allen, starring John Cusack, Dian Weist, Chas Palmon Arry, and Jennifer Tilley. Diane Weiese won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance. This was the second time Alan directed her to an Oscar Win. That first was nineteen eighty six's Hannah and Her Sisters.
Speaker 2: Did You Know?
Speaker 3: Brad Pitt says his favorite actor of all time is Diane Weist. He considers her the most beautiful woman on the screen. According to Pitt, Diane Weiss proved that it was possible to be beautiful without being rashly dismissed as a sex symbol by fans and critics. I like that little tidbit. Now, I've never seen Bullets over Broadway, but I definitely knew it. When they made a reference, I was like, well, I'm familiar with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's very she's very gifted, crafted actress, but she's also extremely vulnerable and sweet.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was thinking she's in she does.
Speaker 1: She does have a real strength about her.
Speaker 3: You know, really, she's trying to think of like movies where I fully know her.
Speaker 2: Parenthood that's what I said too, Yeah, Parenthood.
Speaker 1: She was great in Parenthood. Difficult role too, really difficult role.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Edward Scissorhands.
Speaker 3: I think she was in Edward Scissorhands.
Speaker 1: Was she was she looking it up?
Speaker 6: I think maybe was she the mother? I think, so, oh wow, yeah, she's she's in The Lost Boys. Obviously, she's in footlooth Oh, yeah, she's the mom. She's Lori Singer's mom in Footloose.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that. And she is in Edward scissorhands. Yeah, she's cool. I know her. That's right.
Speaker 3: She really does stand out to me. She's married to John Lithgow in Footloose, Right, So.
Speaker 7: Paris says, well, I don't want to be the story at my own news paper, because then I'd be Judith Miller, and I have to wear my bangs too long and overdo my lipstick, and I don't want that. So Paris is saying she doesn't want to be Judith Miller is referencing the fact that Miller refused to reveal her sources when a CIA agent was named in a column. She was then brought to a grand jury and therefore became quote the story.
Speaker 4: In the same scene, Paris is addressing everyone in the news room, and at the end of her speech, right as she walks out, she says good night and good luck. A good Night and Good Luck is a two thousand and five historical drama film about American television news directed by George Clooney, with the movie starring David Strathearn, Patricia Clarkson, Jeff Daniels, Robert Downey Junior, and Frank Langella, as well as Clooney himself. Paris referenced this at the end of her speech to the newsroom, because the overall theme of the movie is media responsibility, and goodnight and good luck was the famous concluding catchphrase of the film that Edward R. Murrow said in real life, did you know? Each morning, George Clooney would get either his cast members together and give them copies of the newspapers from that day in nineteen fifty three. He'd then give them an hour and a half working on old manual typewriters to copy out the stories from the paper. He would then hold an improvised news conference with hidden cameras, in which the cast members would then pitch their stories to the editor, just like a real newsroom. George also has family ties to journalism. His dad, Nick Clooney, was a journalist who started out in Cincinnati then worked at ABC.
Speaker 1: Lorelai asked Lutz to come to Friday night dinner as he is reluctant. Look, your parents are not warm people, Lorelei. They were extras in March of Penguins. March of the Penguins is a two thousand and five nature diametry that depicts the yearly journey of the penguins of Antarctica. Lorelais being sarcastic, saying, your parents were called by calling them extras in March of the Penguins. Did you know by it they weren't even featured in March of the Penguins, they were extra? Did you know? Of the two thousand and six Academy Awards, this Best Documentary winner had outgrossed all five Best Picture nominees seventy seven million for seventy five million for Broke Back Mountain. And I can't quit you.
Speaker 3: This is how I learned that penguin's mate not for life, but they mate for like season.
Speaker 2: Remember they like mate. They have a baby and they stay.
Speaker 3: Together until the baby kind of like goes on its way, and then they then they find a new penguin. Luke and Laurai go to Emily and Richard's for dinner. They are grilling Luke and Laurai on insurance. Richard and Emily tell stories of their friends they know who didn't have proper insurance. Richard John was drinking at a party, Metafellow switched all of his coverage to that guy, wrote him a huge check on the spot. Then he suffered earthquake damage and there was no record of the insurance transaction.
Speaker 2: It was a scam.
Speaker 3: Now he's working at the gift shop in the Grand Old Opry. The Grand Old Opry is a weekly live country music radio broadcast from the Opry House in Nashville, Tennessee. It was founded on November twenty eighth, nineteen twenty five. Did you know in the history of musical recordings, only fifteen musical artists have ever exceeded two hundred million certified record sales. Two of them made their debut at the Grand Old Opry as teenagers before they were famous. The first was Elvis Presley, he was nineteen and nineteen fifty four, that's when he did it. And the second was Taylor Swift as a sixteen year old in two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Cool jump in Tara.
Speaker 7: All right, So Christopher calls Lorelea tell her that Rory has moved in with Logan, and Christopher asks if they like Logan or not. Laura I says, hey for me, the jury's out on all you guys. You can thank Brad Pitt for that one. Brad Pitton is an actor and film producer. He's the recipient of two Academy Awards and two British Academy Film Awards, Golden Globe Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, and as a public figure, Pitt has been cited as one of the most powerful and influential people in the American entertainment industry. And Lorlei is saying the jury is out on all men because Brad Pitt cheated on Jennifer Aniston with Angelia and Jolee while filming Mister and Missus. Smith also, did you know that Brad Pitt's only five eleven? I don't know that he looks a lot.
Speaker 2: He really shoes.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's six' three. I agree, he's a long torso long arms. He looks really tall. Actually, yeah, we never guessed.
Speaker 7: And he's currently dating The.
Speaker 1: Next time we run into him, let's measure him. We happen to work at iHeart Media and we'd like to measure you.
Speaker 7: The last little bit is he's currently dating an Asda Ramone, who used to be married to Paul Wesley from The Vampire Diaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're on kid.
Speaker 4: In the same scene, Rory calls Laurai and tells Christopher that Rory's on the other line. Christopher says, when she tells you the news. You have to act surprised, Okay, Laura, I says, yes, I promise it'll be like the time you told me you got Pat Benatar tickets for my birthday. But I already knew because I went through your genes looking for the close snipers. Pat Benatar is a rock singer and songwriter. Her most popular songs are Hit Me with Your Best Shot, We Belong, and Love is a Battlefield all our great songs. Did you know? Pat Benatar won the Grammy four years in a row for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance. After divorcing Dennis Benatar in nineteen seventy nine, Benatar was remarried a few years later in nineteen eighty two, to her guitarist Neil Giraldo. The two wrote and recorded In the Heat of the Night in the summer of nineteen seventy nine. This was the first time the world was introduced to their partnership and rock and roll love affair. They are still married and have two daughters.
Speaker 3: That's nice and it's so Do you know how we always say this about We're talking about this with John Mellencamp. If you said, uh, you're a real tough cookie, you immediately would know with your shot.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly exactly. It's okay. I guess it's my time. Laura on the phone with Rory talking about Christopher Tore Rory, I gave Dad his tour today, Laura, Yeah, yay, Laurie, it was nice. He sold the campus. We had dinner. Laura. Oh, that's how very Seventh Heaven of you. Seventh Heaven was a TV series that debuted in nineteen ninety six. The series follows Reverend Eric Campden, a Protestant minister, and his wife Annie as they deal the drama of raising seven children, raising in age from babies to adults with families of their own. This show stars Stephen Collins, Katherine Hicks, Beverly Mitchell, Mackenzie Rossman, David Gallagher, Barry Watson, and Jessica Bale.
Speaker 5: Did you know?
Speaker 1: Jessica Bill caused a lot of controversy back when she post tompas for the cover of Gear magazine. She was only seventeen years all the time looking to get out of her contract with Seventh Heaven. Unfortunately, producers of the show were more upset with Gear and brought legal action against them. Jessica later came to regret her decision and stuck with the show until it's six.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, did.
Speaker 7: You also know that the show is making a weird resurgence or it was a couple months ago on TikTok because people are reacting to how ridiculous the show was.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I have seen that action.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: The storylines are like I did love the show though I was good.
Speaker 3: It was good. In the same scene, Rory finds out Christopher told Laura lies she moved in with Logan. Dad told you didn'ty Oh, come on, I was doing so well. Please, how did you know? Are you kidding me? How's the view his plays?
Speaker 2: Nice? You didn't call me?
Speaker 3: Hester prinn once Hester Print is the protagonist of Nathaniel Hawthorne's eighteen fifty novel The Scarlet Letter. She's portrayed as a woman condemned by her Puritan neighbors after she has an adulterous affair and conceives a child out of wedlock. Hester finds herself shunned for her sinful crime and forced to wear a prominent scarlet letter A for the rest of her life. The movie Easy A is inspired by The Scarlet Letter. Rory is joking that LORIAI didn't call her hester prinn Wance for doing something scandious like moving in with her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, all right, kids, that is going to wrap it up. Thank you, Suzann Tara Amy next episode, Season six, episode fifteen, a Vineyard Valentine. We'll do it for pop culture thanks to the best and most amazing and most dedicated fans on the planet. Make sure to get your tickets to the live event January seventeenth on veeps dot events. Backslash I hyphen m hyphen all hyphen in for both the live show and the streaming, which begins January twenty fifth. For what one week after that or two We have to check.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's two weeks.
Speaker 1: It's going to stream for May.
Speaker 2: Probably two weeks, somewhere between a week and two weeks.
Speaker 1: All right, ten days. Just get your take out, okay, Love you guys, and we will see you next time.
Speaker 5: And stay safe everyone
Speaker 1: Everybody, and also again, follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.