Speaker 1: The rivalries, the marching bands, the upsets. Saturday's just got way more fun. College football is back. Think you know the game. Put your college football knowledge to the test with Draft Kings Sportsbook and turn your picks into big payoffs. From live betting during the game to ribery week odds, boosts, and so much more.
Speaker 2: Draft Kings sports.
Speaker 1: Books have everything you need to stay in on the action from kickoff to final whistle, whether you're betting your go to team or making moves mid game as momentum shifts. Saturdays are yours to own with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Here's something special for you first timers. New customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app. Use Coach Shannon. That's Coach Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks in partnership with Draftking Sports Book.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know me, I'm your favorite on Shanna Sharp, my partner co host He's back home.
Speaker 2: Liberty City is own.
Speaker 1: Matting's ratings adjuster, Bingo Ring of Fame out to read the Pro Bowl of the All Pro He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do it's a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. Wherever you get your podcast from, Tell family, friends and loved ones to do likewise. Thanks to you and your support, Nightcap has become a phenomenon. O Cho and I and wherever we go, Man, we love Nightcap. Man, You and Oho, y'all have us dying laughing and we greatly greatly appreciate your support and you'll continue support. My Kangyak Laportier have a new drop and this one is very personal to me. I've created a limited edition release to honor my brother for his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's not just a bottle, it's a tribute. It's a celebration of a legacy and once they're gone, they are gone. The Hall of Fame edition is officially live. Just head over to La Portier Kanyak dot com to grab yours while you still can don't miss your chance to own a piece of history and a very very special moment. Please go follow my media company page on all of his platforms Shayshape Media and My Clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat Giants O Joe jump jump right into it. The Giants beat the Patriots. Jackson dark Shine in his rookie preseason. His numbers across all three weeks he was thirty two or forty seven, three hundred and seventy two yards, four total touchdowns, zero interceptions. OJO, I told you he's gonna be starting sooner than you think.
Speaker 2: He's gonna learn One thing, OYO, what is that? Get your ass down?
Speaker 1: Them guys you try a a A they comfort them guys heavy and they fast.
Speaker 3: He gonna he gonna learn fast. He's gonna learn very fast.
Speaker 4: But you have to understand you say you're gonna start sooner rather sooner than later. I do believe it, and that that's to say if Russell Wilson doesn't play well, But I think Russell Wilson is gonna be in great command of that offense, especially with the weapons he has around him. Listen, you put that ball in UNO's hands, everything ain't gonna be fine. Put that ball in one's hands, everything ain't gonna be fine. I don't think there's much pressure on on Russell Wilson. And if they're gonna, if they're gonna give him the job. I think Russell Wilson makes it through this season and Jackson Dark starts next year.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: You don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, not the way this rookie played this preseason.
Speaker 1: And oh tall, you see the way he move in the pocket. You see the throw that he's making.
Speaker 3: He can move now, he's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then what thing you are not gonna do? We're gonna give credit words due. Now, if you play bad, we're gonna say you play bad. But hey, but if you play good, we're gonna say, Man, get your popcorn and watch this kid. I mean his command of the offense, he's I mean his ability to push the ball down the field, his ability he's from. And then all of a sudden, he's like, oh, I forgot about my black back. Waam throws it to the back. I said, you should you show up on a rookie. Rookies don't normally play like that. He plays with a lot of poinds. He played a big time army. He'll throw push the ball. I like guys to push the ball down the field. All that short fishing. You ain't gonna catch no big fish around the edge, the big fish out d Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Most of the time, especially for the rookies, you know, they get themselves in rhythm, get the rhythm. They'll start short just to just to get that confidence going, as opposed to taking taking a deep shot. I remember, I think was it maybe last week? It might have been last week. It was third, it was third and shorter. Maybe maybe they went for it on fourth down, and he threw the goddamn deep ball. Yeah, throwing it short for a touchdown. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And who guess what, o Joe, who else knows that you're a rookie, that you're probably not gonna push it that ball down field early and you're gonna stay around the shore. Decoordinators Oh yeah, yeah yeah. And they telling their corner, they're telling.
Speaker 3: The crowded sit sit yep, because.
Speaker 2: They thinking like you think it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Coach, first of all, coach ain't gonna call anything that he don't want to get too exotic.
Speaker 2: He want to let him warm up.
Speaker 1: We're gonna let him throw a smoke, let him throw an out, let him throw a slant sit. Heyitch, they gonna go get that ball every time. Uh but no, I love, I love what I love what I've seen. I don't want to get. But I think Brian dayball and that staff is very pleased with the production that Jackson dark displayed in the preseason. How can you not four total touchdowns, no picks, basically clean? Look like you said, O Joe, I can teach you that son, get your ass down, get down or get out of bounds. You got two choices. You can get down or you can get your ass out of bounds. These are we're gonna come, put your ass on the car and you're gonna go in the tent. Because you see what happened with what happened on yr. Yeah, they came and got it and they put it. They took his ass to the ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But listen, based on his play this preseason Bengals, Bengals, I'm thinking about its giants, fans, giants organization. His teammates, they have to be very pleased. Yeah, very what they saw from Jackson dark. But also I want to be very cautious. Now, very cautious. Now this is you got to understand who he was going against. Now when the regular season stars is a different ball game, right there.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, it's not gonna be sweet, not gonna be uh, it's.
Speaker 1: Ain't a vanilla. They're gonna get you a lot. Hey, Hey, they get you a lot of swirls. Hey, you go to basket Robbins. It ain't flavored. There's coverages you're gonna get. It ain't thirty one flavor. There's thirty one coverages.
Speaker 3: It's a different ball game.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. The intensity picks up, the urgency picks up. The speak coaches all that, all that.
Speaker 1: Hey, the coaches they're explaining things to you in a nice calm tone.
Speaker 2: That it shot the window.
Speaker 3: Yeah m hm.
Speaker 1: Hey, And that's what one of the coaches told me my rookie year. You know, we still cut it, just coss the season. That don't mean you can't get cut right sometimes, you know, sometimes guys relax on yoe.
Speaker 2: Oh man, maybe it's out a trading camp.
Speaker 1: They'll cut week one all the way all the way through the week seventeen eighteen even Hey, I've seen guys get cut in the postseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be your day, damn in the postseason.
Speaker 2: Well look here, man, we are a well look here, they don't play.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, I look, you know what it might have been the like it might not have been the postseason, you know, practice squad guy or something like that. But I see, But but I'm talking about got bet guys late in the season.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that Mike shannandnt play.
Speaker 3: That's tough.
Speaker 2: It wasn't no loafing.
Speaker 1: It wasn't no walking when he say, I don't know how y'all did it, O Yoe.
Speaker 2: But when we change drills, oh you had to get a move on.
Speaker 3: Got a little pepper. Gotta have a little peppery your step.
Speaker 1: Nobody walks but the mail man. That's why he doesn't make what you make. You run to where you gotta go.
Speaker 3: I like that, Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, some people don't understand that, and that's no disrespect to the mail man. Hey, you guys do an unbelievable job. We appreciate your service, although you don't. Kind of like with Amazon and all these other carriers, they dab put y'all out of business. But this kid Jackson dark O Joe, Oh yeah, I like what I'm saying now, I'm like you, I want to see him against some real competition.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Hey, when you go, you gotta you gotta make those alignments, those adjustments. Yes, defenses, I mean linemen of stunning defensive disguising what they.
Speaker 3: Really want to do.
Speaker 4: And yeah, you might think it's you might think it's covered one, and you might think it's cover three, and all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden you go to go to man, it's.
Speaker 1: Go to quarter, they go to seven, they go to six, they go to six, kick they have have Have you go to cover five?
Speaker 3: Have your brain out there, fried.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clouding it. M Yeah, just be out there banjoin but Joe, because you know I'll be I'll be trying to let ay because that was the way they be out there doing this right here. That means they banjo, and that means they're gonna they're gonna double somebody. I'm like, it never really dawned on.
Speaker 2: Me that what the sick you know, I'm just I'm just out there.
Speaker 3: Like what they doing right right.
Speaker 1: Or you know you see them doing locking it? Hey, so I just got a kick. I guess got a kick out of that where people say, hey.
Speaker 2: Man, it don't matter, it don't matter if you know what to do.
Speaker 1: The hell you say you let me know, y'all gonna be a couple of hours that though, y'all gonna be a quarters of single high safety, a six kick.
Speaker 2: The hell you say.
Speaker 3: Bad?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: But Tommy DeVito, Oh Joe, Tommy DeVito. Yeah, seventeen to twenty buck ninety three three tugs. A Jackson Dark came in six to twelve eighty one yards a tub. Jameis Winston came in for eight mop up forty seven and a toub.
Speaker 4: Listen, we talked this might be the second team we talked about a team carrying four quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: This might be another team that might carry four.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, old Joe ya, because you know why, because who's James. Jameis is making four million, Russ is making good money. Russ he was making how much money? Ash ten fifteen? See, it's not like Cleveland, because what you call going to make him five million? Kenny Pickett's was making what he's making. And then you got two rookies.
Speaker 4: Okay, so so what you're saying, well, what you're saying, who's the odd man out?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Oh, so he got one year ten to five, which is probably as much as a flack coin picket making together. And then you throw Jamis's four million a year because I think he did two years nine million, so four and a half.
Speaker 2: So you look at fifteen million between two quarterbacks. So I mean, so who's don't.
Speaker 1: Think you think they keep you think they keep telling me, well, obviously you know they're not getting rich Jackson dark You think they keep Tommy de Vido or they released him and trying to sign them back to the practice squad.
Speaker 3: Probably signing back to the practice squad. But I see them doing that.
Speaker 4: I see them doing the same thing that that the Browns are probably gonna do for some reason, For some reason, I just do. And then we talked about James Is Winston heard you heard personnel or was that the owner that came out and said absolutely not, He's not going nowhere.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say that.
Speaker 3: I'm about James Winson.
Speaker 2: You're talking about married John Marra.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, great locker, great locker room presence, great team guy.
Speaker 3: I knew, I knew. I knew James wasn't going nowhere, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: But forty two ten. You don't want to go out on a note like that. But you know, o Joe, you and I we talked about this early in this week. Unfortunately, a lot of kids dreams, I say kids, the kids, they old enough to be my kids, old enough to be the young Well let me take that back, they're young enough to be our kids. I'm pretty sure I'm older than most of their moms and dads. But with that being said, a lot of these young men's dreams come to an end tonight. Some will get an opportunity to go be on a practice squad somewhere else. Some might get an opportunity to go to Canada play in the UFL. But for a lot of them, Mocho, the realization that this is over something I've been doing since I was seven eight years old. Did it at the pe wee level, did at the JV level, high school level, college level.
Speaker 2: My dreams and aspirations did not come to fruition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's tough because this is probably the first time, Mojo that someone has told these young men you're not good enough. Think about it. They've always been the best. Yeah, they were their best on their Pop Warner. There was based on their flag football team, their JV football team, their high school basketball, a football team, the college, and then it's a numbers game. You're not good enough. That's the realization of OJO. That's the realization. I mean, I'm not trying to be chat I'm not trying to be dramatic, because I know what it's like to be on pins and needles that last game, that last preseason game, and you your name is on the.
Speaker 2: Board to be released. My name was on the board to be released.
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me let me tell you.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what about the last preseason game. I'm talking about what we were playing the last preseason game.
Speaker 3: I remember. I would I would be walking.
Speaker 4: In and the person who did the cutting and letting players know as they come in the building was Lippy Lippincott. I'm not I'm not, I haven't. I don't know if he's still with the Bangles or not. And I you know, I would always come in early after the preseason game to come in, hit the cold tub, hit the hot tub, get my body back, get my body back. We rejuvenated and fresh, and I would see lippy standing there right at the door and just thinking to myself, man, so he's collecting the playbook, you know, to go up and see the.
Speaker 3: Coach yep, before the meetings even start. I'm like, man, that's tough, man.
Speaker 4: And then hard knocks, hard knocks, hard knocks made it a reality and allowing people.
Speaker 3: To see, Yeah, people actually you know, get cut and how and how that side of it works, and it is.
Speaker 4: It's heartbreaking, it said as it is. Yeah, it's the reality of the game.
Speaker 2: That's reality. You got to show you both sides.
Speaker 1: You just see the plug GUIDs making plays, scoring touchdowns, the camaraderie on the field and the meeting rooms and things like that. But there's another side of this that somebody, some young man men, their dreams. This dream is not going to come true, and you have to reshift, refocus a lot of it. You know, you're disciplined because you have to be somewhat disciplined to play football, because you got you know, you got study, haul, you got when you work out, you got practice, when you got to be there for the plane ride, when you got to be there for the bus ride. How you have to dress. So there's a certain level of structure, and a lot of these young men lives, so you know, some you know a structure is is not their strong suit because they do everything they can, oh you the buck against it. But most most of these men, they do have structure because you've kind of been in the structured environment for the better part of your life and so it should be you know, you a if you go back and go into the workforce, the actual nine to five, you know, you got to be to work at a certain time. You know the task that you're asked to do, you just go get it done. But that's the that's the unfortunate side of playing a professional sport that everybody.
Speaker 2: Dreams of playing.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing, you know, for every o Cho Sinko and a Shannon Sharp or a Stirling Sharp or somebody that that came up the less than favorable or improverished conditions, there are a lot of people that came from those same conditions that didn't get an opportunity to play in the NFL. Oh Joe that got the opportunity that you and I got, and that was as far as they got was training camp.
Speaker 2: That's tough, man, it is it is.
Speaker 4: I think it's a good thing. I think it's also a good thing for fans to be able to see the entire process, not just to finished product on Sundays, actually see what players have to go through, the sweat, the tears, the being on pins and needles, the pressure of having to go out there in the preseason knowing that, Okay, I have two or three games where I have to make a name for myself, if not here, maybe somewhere else. If I don't make it here, No, that that's tough. It is because then also you got to do everything you want to do. You want to be perfect, and most of the time when you press and you try to be perfect.
Speaker 3: What's the one thing you always do? You mess up? Mess up, you mess up. You can never you can never play freely.
Speaker 4: I mean, you had your best when you're playing free without nothing to worry about.
Speaker 1: Now you got to go try to learn a new offense, a new defense. But here's the thing, Oh Joe, there's two thousand and three thousand applicants for that four or five jobs. How many wide receivers are gonna get released, how many tight ends, how many offensive linemen, how many running backs, how many quarterbacks? dB D lineman, linebackers, corners, safeties. So you got two thousand applicants, probably got ten fifteen positions.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: And that that goes to show how great the one percent is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that how great the one percent is.
Speaker 1: Yes, you think about how many kids graduate each year from high school. Now, think about how many of those go to college to play aff sport. Now just think in forty five years, how many them get an opportunity to go play at the next level and said sport. Now you understand what you're dealing.
Speaker 3: With very small.
Speaker 2: Only there's only a fifty three man roster.
Speaker 1: Now you think about a fifty three man roster of a million of a million kids that graduated. So let's just say, for the sake of argument, let's just say a half a million of them.
Speaker 2: Got a men right out of five hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: When you realize how special you got to be to be a professional athlete, forget, obviously there's some you know, obviously basketball is even harder because guess what, O, Joe, you got fewer slots. Baseball is even harder because you got few there's only fifteen spots on a basketball team.
Speaker 2: Ohoe, you only got fifteen. You only got fifteen players.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Think about it. You're starting offense, your starting defense. You got twenty that's more than an entire basketball team. Baseball you got twenty nine. That's twenty four. That's twenty four less than a football team. So you see, as the percentage as the players go down, Yeah, so does the percentages of you making it.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling what it is, o't yo.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I mean listen, it's the hardest truth. Yes, it's the hardest truth.
Speaker 1: Steelers beat the Panthers defensive lives off of the potentially significant loss to Rickey first round of Dereck Harmon was carted off the field with the knee injury and quickly ruled out. Mike Tomin told reporters that is a spring knee and the injury is still being evaluated. I think, O yo, that's kind of why. You know, you don't see a lot of the key guys play guys. Maybe maybe they just didn't voice it, but the guys did. I don't remember the coach of being concerned like that because they threw our ass out there.
Speaker 3: Oh yoya. They weren't concerned. They weren't concerned, And I mean, listen, it's football at the end of the day. It's football no matter what.
Speaker 4: And if someone, to me, honestly, the way I think that someone is gonna get hurt, they're gonna get hurt.
Speaker 3: It's inevitable.
Speaker 2: You can't get hurt going full speed.
Speaker 3: It's it's a contact sport.
Speaker 4: You can you can, you can protect a player all you want, but when it's time to play football, if they're going to get hurt, they're going to get hurt.
Speaker 3: You can't protect or stop that. You can, Okay, I'm gona hold you out in preseason.
Speaker 4: You can go out there in the regular season and still get hurt the same way we might would just get out there and just play football.
Speaker 1: No, oh Joe, it used to be football is a collision sport. Yeah, because you got big men running in the bigger men at a high rate of speed.
Speaker 3: That was me.
Speaker 2: That was me.
Speaker 1: And Marlin Olson. I think once said football is a lot like nuclear warfare. There are no winners, only survivors.
Speaker 3: I would survival if I don't know if you saw that.
Speaker 1: I read that article that they did and when they interviewed I think guys with the guys that got drafted in nineteen ninety eight in nineteen eighty eight, two years. So guys that came in in eighty eight, their average age is about sixty two.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jo, all of them.
Speaker 1: Something heard, memory loss, get agitated, X, Y, and Z. Nine out of ten say they do it all over again. People ask me, knowing.
Speaker 2: What you know now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, you think I wouldn't, man, please, man, please, And.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, I'm just just thinking about it.
Speaker 4: If I had the opportunity to do it all over again, knowing what I know now, I would have added some mold to it.
Speaker 3: I would have added some more little seasoning. I love partially. Oh, man, man, I would listen.
Speaker 4: Hey, Paul Taglabu and Roger Goodell think I gave him hell if I not what I know now, man, please to be.
Speaker 1: If I could go back and do it over again, knowing what I know now, I would enjoyed it more.
Speaker 3: Oh, instead of being so serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was so tone of vision. I was so focused.
Speaker 1: All I thought about was somebody taking my job, my grandmother not being able to do what she did, not been able to That's it. I did enjoy the journey.
Speaker 2: I was just.
Speaker 1: I tried, but it would keep me off the destination, I would get sidetracked. So that's what I would do different if I could do it, but obviously I can't. That's why they say you're supposed to live a life with no regret. I don't regret it, but I would do knowing what you know now. That's the magnificent science of hindsight is knowing today what you didn't know yesterday.
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 1: I would definitely do it different. But first round pick Dereck Harmon knee injury being a value by Tom to say he will be evaluated.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, Jerry Jones just can't help himself.
Speaker 1: Take a listen to what Jerry told Michael Irvin about the Michael Parkson's situation.
Speaker 7: They're in here make their percentage. Uh, they're in here to Uh basically, yes, advise, my advise Michael. Come over to the office and I'll show you exactly what I offered.
Speaker 5: Michael.
Speaker 7: We got it in the back. It's uh, with all written down everything to go come down and look at that. I would get over there, look at it.
Speaker 5: You sure, absolutely look at it.
Speaker 7: Here's my entire point. My point who is that basically says this is ultimately recognizing we're trying to come together for an agreement, but absolutely who is it to God that can go with? And so the facts are, I don't know that I've ever been around. I've never tried to buy anything. I've never tried to do anything that I actually was going to bring all of the services and somebody else was going to do all the money. But because was the in between, guys, wasn't exactly the guy that I had fit there that came from. That's exactly what's happening here so many times in this in this industry.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, Yeah, what you did hear him say is what I've been telling you. He said, Michael Parks is on the contract for three more years, So that tells you he's in the contract this year, and I got two franchise tags. I'm not afraid to use him. Yeah, he said the quiet part finally out loud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, listen, he says a lot of things out loud that that are supposed to be supposed to remain quiet.
Speaker 3: I also heard some things that he said listen to that I saw.
Speaker 4: I saw a clip on Twitter Jerry Jones saying that David how he says the agent's last name letter B letter said he told him he could take the contract and show it. And I heard Ryan Clark respond to that because Ryan obviously called Dave the ass, Right did you tell Jerry that?
Speaker 3: And obviously he said everything Jerry's is saying it wasn't true. It was a lie. And this is one of the.
Speaker 4: Tactics that Jerry uses, Yes, which is one of the ways that he continues the fool fans in general, just and Jenny, and he has everybody on their side by coming out and saying, I gave Micah a contract that was going to making the highest paid at his position, a non quarterback.
Speaker 3: Jerry, At what point do owners do deals with the player?
Speaker 2: Jerry?
Speaker 3: That's not business, right, that's not how like a business?
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, I give you a prime example, Jerry. Just like you guys have Roger Goodell. He's the mild piece for the owners, right. We understand that he works at the best of the owners. That's why I don't get mad at Roger Goodell. Everybody get mad at Roger Godell, said, man, Roger did this. Roger did nothing that those thirty two owners didn't want him to do. Yeah, when he got cauld y'all remember when he got mad at when Jerry got mad at Roger for suspending Zeke. They had already approved his financial package. Jerry held it up. Arthur Blank said, we already approved this. We're not now, we're not doing this, Jerry. Jerry said, I want to know why the mad Jerry had already signed off on it. All the owners had already signed off on it that needed to sign off on it. But Jerry got mad because Roger suspended Zeke. Jerry held a package up, and they used to have a big six Jerry Jones, mister Craft, Daniel Snyder, a few other guys.
Speaker 2: They kind of that was Roger's right hand right.
Speaker 1: They kind of ran the show that all the owners, you know, a thirty two, but you know some have a little bit more influence than others.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit more power.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, So I'm not surprised. I don't know why, Jerry, Michael. That's why you have to be careful. See you go, you went in there thinking, yo, just ay you doing something? A little leadership. He started talking numbers. Jerry think y'all got a deal? You just think you guys talking about leadership and a what you need to do to get better, and.
Speaker 4: You know what, you know what's funny. You know what the owner's gonna always do. They gonna always lowball you too. Now, yeah, they're gonna always lowball you. And the fact that Michael Parsons, as smart as he may be, as smart as he may be when it comes to that contracts and that fine print in that language, or you don't know nothing about that.
Speaker 1: If he wanted to take the Bobby Wagner approach, ojo, if you wanted to take the Bobby Wagner approach, Richard Sherman ended up doing it. Lamar and his mom ended up doing I think they had an attorney. Somebody read over the fine France say okay, this blah blah blah. Okay, that's fine, but Michael has given no indication. Well, if that's the because Michael, I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think he's been with athletes first, uh, since he came out. You know, Michael's got an agent. Yeah, but you try to excuse me. You tried to circ convent the agent. So you tried so in other words, he tried to do a back alley deal, backdoor d O O joe.
Speaker 3: But you can't do that that's bad business.
Speaker 2: Jerry.
Speaker 1: First, the NFL is the NFL and the nfl PA's fault because Jerry knows he's not supposed to negotiate contracts.
Speaker 2: He knows that.
Speaker 1: But the nfl PA, with their weak asses, allow it. The NFL that that's afraid of Jerry Jones because he'll sue them, just like Al Davis.
Speaker 2: So they let him do it.
Speaker 3: Wait, Jerry sue who the illeague.
Speaker 2: The same way.
Speaker 1: Jerry Jones is the only arnor the only thing that he's that. He's a part of the what they call it revenue sharing the TV. He has his own merchandise deal with everybody who with Coke, he's with Pepsi with everybody with Rebok, he's with Nike.
Speaker 3: Hey boy, he running it and he run his own program.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: That's that's how David And you know what the game that he's playing right now, it lets me know because I got his fans all over Twitter to see see Jerry's gonna make Micael the highest paid and they really don't understand the game he's playing.
Speaker 3: Fans don't understand. They they falling forward.
Speaker 2: So let me get this straight.
Speaker 1: Because he said, like come on, man, y'all, how much is how much is a Miles Garrett guaranteed? So without even know it because at the time, Miles Garrett contract wasn't done, right, hej Watt contract wasn't done. The highest paid with the guaranteed money was Nick Bosa. So you mean to tell me sight unseen he was willing to go to a number that's more than Miles Garrett. Miles Gary got one hundred and twenty four million guaranteed. What was Nick Bosa's guarantee? Because at the time because Nick Bosa, so Nick did Max Crosby. Then the Dale Hunter's the what's the total to one forty? So Miles Garrett got one forty a one sixty forty a year, one twenty four.
Speaker 2: Four for one sixty.
Speaker 1: Bosa got five for one seventy, which is about thirty about thirty four million a year. Then if my math serves me correct, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just hey boy, Jerry shot out, bro Jerry tried to hit Michael with a little banana in the tailpipe.
Speaker 1: And you see what he does. You see what he did, don't Joe? He put it out there like you said, and fans look at Michael. Look what he got out there TVD and' that's what he says.
Speaker 3: Oh, he put up a little freer Michael Michael seven eight.
Speaker 2: He said, even if I fall, I will rise. The Lord is my life. Hey, that's Michael getting Michael getting biblical.
Speaker 3: Hey, and you know it's serious.
Speaker 2: You know it's serious when you start going.
Speaker 3: To the you know, to the scriptures.
Speaker 1: Here are he removed all cowboy stuff from his social Yeah, hold on, hold on, I ain't see that.
Speaker 2: Look, I know David, I know his agent a little bit. Spoke to him.
Speaker 1: I don't speak to him as much now, but I used to speak to him fairly, a fairly decent amount. This doesn't sound like him now. I don't want to be I don't want to be the one that says what a person will or won't say. Oh Joe, But I'm just said in my interactions with him, he doesn't come off as that type of person to me, right, Jerry, Jerry is trying to sway public opinion. Put that out there, Hey, the public, Hey, Michael being greedy. Michael ain't no team Michael's not a team player, because if he's a team player, he would take this deal, leave some money for somebody else, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: And because they listen, they eating it up. Yep, they eat it up, not knowing that's the game. That's the that's the game, and they don't see it that way.
Speaker 3: They just see it what. It's one sided. Because if you're a Cowboy fan, Lord, you're a Cowboy fan.
Speaker 1: You're not a Michael Parson. You're Michael Parsons fan because he plays for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Boy. So therefore if he goes somewhere else, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's oh man, it's crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It's a game. Game and Jerry knows how to play it very well.
Speaker 1: Yes, because you've been playing it longer than Michael. Michael's twenty six Jerry on the Cowboys since nineteen eighty nine, so that end and of itself. Plus, Jerry Jones has been this businessman. He knows business. That's why, michaeh how an agent. You hire people that know what you don't.
Speaker 4: And you know what the funny thing is when it comes that this kind of business with this kind of money, Yeah, it's not fair.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 4: And negotiations will expose people for who they truly are and how they really feel about you. When it comes you think your value is right, Well, damn, that's how you really feel about me? Well, hell, Jerry already said, or you let mikeel know how you feel about you?
Speaker 3: He said, would you see in your mind? He said it out loud, He.
Speaker 1: Said, okay, oh Joe, okay, what you what? Y'all agree? Y'all ain't agreed to Ain't no ink on no paper? No, no, Oh Joe, did you realize at one point in time, Google tried to sell itself.
Speaker 2: Google tried to sell itself for a billion? They said, nah, we're good.
Speaker 1: I think it was y'all who said, nah, that's too much, realized that made a mistake, came back, tried to buble again.
Speaker 2: It said, nah, okay, it wasn't no ink on no paper, right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who's that about?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 2: Met about you? Who about you? Google?
Speaker 3: Google?
Speaker 2: About YouTube? About y'all?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Full little of nothing? Google?
Speaker 1: How much YouTube revenue it generates for Google every twenty one days?
Speaker 2: Just google that?
Speaker 3: Wait what I put?
Speaker 2: See how much Google paid to buy YouTube?
Speaker 1: Now see how much money YouTube generates and ree and advertising.
Speaker 4: Google acquired YouTube in two thousand and six for one point six.
Speaker 3: Billion.
Speaker 1: Okay, one point six billion, not Google, how much advertise? How much money Google generates and advertising revenue just in every twenty one days?
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, how many? How much to Joe?
Speaker 3: Five billion?
Speaker 2: Okay, h goy, leave yesterday's price a today's price.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Google had a nine hundred ninety six zero point five billion fourth quarter revenue. Mm hmmm, not the first three the fourth quarter. That's that's a different world, or that's a different world where Yep, that's a whole different world.
Speaker 1: Now you see what I'm getting at. Yeah, So, Jerry, what you thought the price was in March? It main wasn't no new contract. That ain't what the price is in August September. But I told you what he's gonna do. I said, Oh, Joe, the problem that that he has. That that's why the first thing I said, get away with the franchise tag. Oh yeah, you want the money to go off exponentially, get away with the French get away, do away with the franchise tags.
Speaker 3: Yep, that should be.
Speaker 4: That should be the first thing gone first, and the second should be the goddamn help lifetime benefits yep, health benefits. And then we'll work on the guarantee contracts labs. But in that, in that, in that specific order.
Speaker 1: You can't have free agency if somebody still controls your right mm hmm, that could franchise you. No, no, but hopefully uh Mike and the Cowboys get this thing worked out. He gets a number that he's feel comforted, that he feels comfortable with, and everybody's happy with, because that's where it comes That's what it comes down to. Okay, Oh Joe, we got a very special guest joining us tonight. We got two time Pro Bowl cornerback from the Chicago Bears, Jalen Johnson?
Speaker 2: JJ? What do you do?
Speaker 5: What's that have been living?
Speaker 2: Man? I'm doing great, man? How are you living?
Speaker 5: I'm good. I ain't gonna lie to tell you I'm tired of him.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, hold on, y'all have practice. Y'all got a game tomorrow, y'all, game tomorrow.
Speaker 5: On Saturday tomorrow. We in KC right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, but y'all, but it's it's slow buggy now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it's slow boogey. You gotta have that steak dinner though. I got that, I got the hi is, I done, got out the shower and everything. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, you're right ready to lay it down. Okay, listen the Bears defense, Oh yo on. We saw you guys the other night. You guys wore flying around offense looked really good. Defense was getting after people. What have you been most of? What has Ben Johnson coming over from the Lions? What has he been able to steal? Because instealing you guys, because you guys look different. I know it's pre season and I want to I don't want to get too carried away, Jay, but you guys look different. You guys look different.
Speaker 5: I think the message is different.
Speaker 8: Honestly speaking, I feel like it's one of those things where talking to him personally and listening to him in the team meetings, he's he's like he's one of us talking and when he gets up there, it's not like, Okay, yeah, we're gonna go out here, we're gonna execute, and it's like, nah, it's just about whooping the guys in front of you, like really like dominating and it's stealing like your will. And I think really just preaching that that goes a long way, because I mean, I feel like even in Detroit for a long time, they didn't have talented guys but they had a lot of guys that had great as they like to say over there and guys that work hard, that are tough and things like that.
Speaker 5: So it's like him that that that fits him, so just really coming for us. And I mean even Dennis Allend he's telling defense then that we live every day in practice.
Speaker 8: So just really that mentality as far as going and playing physical, it's like really just honestly overdoing it really is the thing that we think of really in the defensive room, and really what we said like total line, total line between going too far and and and really pushing the limits.
Speaker 4: Have you have you been able to tell the difference in Kayleb Williams the way he commands the offense, the way he's playing with Ben Johnson atter him calling the place. Is he is he carrying himself with a little bit more confidence as opposed to how he did last year?
Speaker 3: Can you can you sense that a little bit in camp?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: For sure, I think really before camp kind of coming in of course off the rookie year, it was it was tough to losing straight the instability and all the drama that came with of course his first year. So I mean really just coming into that second year, having all that adversity really under your belt. There's really no worse that you can do. I feel like outside of what happened with us, So I feel like just really for him going back to the drawing board, getting better and then just coming to the building ready to work. But I mean for him it's always he's always been confident. I think it's that that that's not something that's ever gonna change. I think it's just now about execution.
Speaker 1: Jay, you one of the few vets last year that you called out your teammates. You didn't just say put it all on the coaches. You put it on players also. So you can lead a horse to water, but you can't you can't make him drink. It's like, you know, some of these guys lack motivation. What were you trying to say without calling out any specific names your message? Were you trying to get across to your teammates like they're putting up he's probably this coach is gonna lose his job. But if guess what, if you guys don't pick up your plate, if you don't get better habits, the next coach gonna come in here, he'll lose his job too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 8: And I feel like a lot of times guys getting the league's all men, this coach is this man, they they playing me and they doing this like, nah, it's you. Like for me, I'm one of those guys where it's like if we not if we getting beat on defense, that means I'm getting beat individually, that means we all getting beat collectively as a unit.
Speaker 5: It's not necessarily the scheme.
Speaker 8: And no we had bad eyes and the dude, we let a guy go free, or I didn't win my matchup, whatever it is.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's always fair to say.
Speaker 8: Now, there's THEMN some coaches that can put you in bad positions, But I think for me, my biggest thing was always look at yourself first. And for us, I f like we didn't have guys that exhausted every everything I fly after practice.
Speaker 5: That'll tell you really what you have in the team.
Speaker 8: How many guys are catching one hundred plus passes on drugs, how many guys are working on technique, how many d linemen are doing their past rushing drills, how many receivers are working on releases.
Speaker 5: With the DBS. To me, all that goes without being having to be told to you.
Speaker 8: So I think for me that's my biggest thing is like, Nah, we can't call somebody else out, or we call ourselves out. We gotta look at us and then put the work in individually, and then we can start pointing the fingers somewhat to everybody else.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at you, guys.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Last year, you guys had some guys on some close games. I mean you you literally snatched defeat from the Joseph victory. I don't know how you guys did it.
Speaker 2: You had to get it.
Speaker 5: You guys had a game bears doesn't a few times.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you a question, Like when you on the field at Washington and you're like, man, ain't no way he could throw this ball this far.
Speaker 2: Okay, but if he does, we gonna knock it down.
Speaker 1: Or you see a situation where you have several games that you guys were winning late in the ball game and you end up losing. How frustrating is that when a team young like yourself trying to win but seemingly find ways to lose.
Speaker 8: I know, Washington, that one still hurts me because they showed all the damn time from that one, all the other ones you kind of can forget about. But I think just really in that moment, it's about maturity and having that composure.
Speaker 5: I feel it's really just about composures.
Speaker 8: I feel I got times you let the moment get too big and the execution slips. I feel even on the hell may of course my dog wasn't locked in on the other side, but I feel like even before that, I feel like there's some things that we could have been locked in and focused on in that moment, practicing.
Speaker 2: Let that man get yard out what I ain't gonna go ahead jab.
Speaker 5: But it's really just stuff like that. Even late in the game.
Speaker 8: I know we had I think it was a close game with Green Bay, before Minnesota, Detroit, all those teams of course divisional games. But I think it really just comes down to that poise in the moment, that poison executed when it comes down to it, Because I mean, I feel like, again every team goes over situational ball. It's not something that is a lack of knowledge. It's just really a lack of poison execution in that moment.
Speaker 5: But that comes with experience. So hopefully we don't keep having those same mistakes.
Speaker 2: Looking at your offensive line, they reap.
Speaker 8: What you got going, Onya, this ispanos say hellopanosanos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that little bit he said. Hold on what you try to say, Jay, what you tried to say?
Speaker 5: All right, he's gonna get bigger, he gonna stay that side.
Speaker 7: No, this is it.
Speaker 5: Come on, I don't know what you got.
Speaker 2: This is big, the big with upstairs that he is paying.
Speaker 5: He's sleep understood.
Speaker 1: Do you think you see offensive line? That's my point. I look at what you did offensively. You guys went and got three a little I think three new starters. Caleb Williams. You drafted tight end in the first round to go with co commit with Dj Moore, you got, I mean the kills you got guys at a Roman dudes a your first round draft pick. Offensively, you guys should be better. But you do realize, Jay, if the offense gets better, that doesn't mean you get to take a step back.
Speaker 2: You have to meet them where they are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, that I think too. For us in Chicago were defensive city. So I mean they mean that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what's up.
Speaker 8: That's what we're not worried about. Matching matching them on what they're doing. So I think for us just really just keeping that that's our that's our culture. I mean tough, gritty Chicago bar. I mean it starts with the defense, so we're not really tripping. I mean, Dennis Our leading the hell of a hell of a defense.
Speaker 2: At bit.
Speaker 5: I love me some d A right now. He ain't he ain't.
Speaker 8: He ain't running me wrong yet, So I love da our Hairris of course is the DB's coaching, teaching us and really showing us how to take the ball away. So I mean for us on defense, we we're not worried about setting that setting that standard.
Speaker 5: We're gonna push the bar a little bit.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, you being one of the better man the man DB's in the NFL, right, I ask you your your opinion on who you think the top five receivers are in the game right now and the most difficult challenge for you to cover so.
Speaker 5: Farve top five. I feel like top five you gotta put some details on. Is it just skill? Are we going off production how you want to? I mean like it's kind of different.
Speaker 2: You fake? What about the ones you face?
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's go all the guys you face, you could you can?
Speaker 5: You can?
Speaker 3: They still top five based off those you face?
Speaker 5: Uh, I would say no order, I would say justin. I say a J. Brown, I'll go to ree Kill. That's three mm hmmm that I faced. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you see I'm Rock because he's main in the slot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say it's it's it's tough because he's good. I think for me, I don't. I just don't get enough reps against him. Jamar.
Speaker 8: I only seen him when he was a rookie early in the season, so I haven't really seen seen him. But I would still throw Jamar in my top five for sure.
Speaker 5: Four not for five.
Speaker 8: This would be I probably I would say ceedee Lamb is in my top five. I know as far as covers, I would throw Mike Evans in there. He's definitely giving me some problems, especially early in my career. Yeah, those are probably the hardest guys on top of my top five in Gune.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's dope. Listen.
Speaker 4: I know you had your team goals, you know what you want to do defensively, are you Are you allowed to tell us any individual goals you might.
Speaker 3: Have for this season.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, that ain't against no rules from what I.
Speaker 2: Na me.
Speaker 4: I know some people, some people don't don't want to disclose, you know what the individual goals are.
Speaker 5: So I mean I just I'm all yeah, no, I'm all good. I gotta memorized now.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 5: I want to have seven interceptions, three force fumble.
Speaker 8: So I want to have ten turnovers, fifty percent completion or lower than fifty percent, no touchdowns allowed.
Speaker 5: And then what was my last one?
Speaker 8: What was my last stat I think I was like seven or so TFLs and then it's like I'm missing one more. I think it was three hundred, no more than three hundred yards giving up in the season.
Speaker 5: I like that defensive score pick six scoop and score all three touchdowns. That was the last one. That was the last one, three touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Hey, what did you do?
Speaker 5: He said, what did you?
Speaker 2: What did you do different this year to make those goals a reality?
Speaker 5: About a jugg machine, about a judging machine forself?
Speaker 8: Definitely just getting my catches in. And it's crazy because it's like being in dB. You don't you're not really taught to catching techniques and how to track the ball. What part of the ball to track to look at you just kind of just go out there and catch it. But it's like when I was on the jug seeing it, We're kind of looking at different things. I'm like, nah, you really gotta.
Speaker 5: See see the tip, like you see the tip you falls.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. You know, I ain't saying nothing. I wasn't saying a word. Do you clean that up?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 8: I'm told, Hello, seeing the point in the point of the football, yeah yeah, yeah helps you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it helps you.
Speaker 5: Helped you catch it a lot better. You can see you can catch us.
Speaker 8: I think for me that's been the biggest thing, getting reps at that, and then really everything else is always working on technique, make sure I'm in position. But other than that, it's really just a mind a mindset going and seeing the ball and the balls and their going to go get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that you have to think because as a dB you're taught to knock the ball down. You have to retrain the way you think you got like I got to go catch this ball. As a receiver, we're taught you'll catch it. We ain't trying to not. I mean, obviously if the balls go about to be intercepted. We talked to knock it down, but you're more mainly talked more so to knock it down than catch it. So now you have to retrain yourself. You see guys that get a lot of picks. You see like a like a Dion or Rod Wilson chalk.
Speaker 2: They like, no, no, no, no, no no. Did you play wide receiver when you at any point in time did you play?
Speaker 3: In high school?
Speaker 8: I had a little package or something, but I was I played defense, always, defensive specialists.
Speaker 1: Because most guys like playing quarterback with a wide receiver or something.
Speaker 2: That that was a dB.
Speaker 5: So they crazy, it's a lot easier to catch the office and defense. I promise you that it is.
Speaker 8: And I don't know why, but I feel like when I play receivers like that, it's easy to like, I didn't really drop too many passes, but when I gott and get on defense, I feel like it's a lot.
Speaker 5: It's a lot different.
Speaker 1: Because you and you do realize on offense when the ball is coming your way, we're actually trying to throw it to you.
Speaker 2: See you when the ball coming your way, that you cover it.
Speaker 5: Love that love that.
Speaker 4: Hey I got I got one more question, one more question. Normally normally playing dB. Obviously I'm a huge fan. I'm a huge fan of dB play. How do you know when to take chances when you know what's coming, based on alignment, based on tendencies that you see watching film? How do you know when to take those chances? So basically, think about the South Eastamy on film. I'm going with it, Yeah, getting axceptions. He would always jump stuff because Okay, I know I saw this, I saw this on film.
Speaker 3: I know how you know when to take those chances and when not to.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I feel like it's not as simple as that.
Speaker 8: I like, if you know, you know, and I'm like, if you don't, then you gotta someone be play reaction in that game from there. But I think a lot of times when you not even when you study, when you look at the game. And for me, I've learned this as I've gotten older. In the game, it's like the offense is based on timing and spacing. So it's like if you can understand their formations and the spacing at their end and you can get your read on the quarterback to getting the timing of the routes, because I mean you're not going to get a three step and then he's.
Speaker 5: Running the nine ball.
Speaker 8: I mean that he's probably not gonna get the ball in depending if you're playing off man, at least if you're playing off So it's like really matching it up to where it's okay, if I can read the quarterback get my three step, read, he's either got a hits, he got a slant, and really that's about it. So it's I have no really no need to move. I think the biggest thing is the confidence. And I don't even say jump believe what you see, yeah, and taking it away. I think because when you sit there and you see that guy running full speed, and I know receivers like to work on the deception and come off hard, but you're really not going deep. It's like you got to be confident in yourself to where when you see it it's like, nah, I know this is this is fake.
Speaker 5: I'm about to go or just wait on it and then just really go from there.
Speaker 8: I think watching more film and like even watching dig since we got out over here, it's like he wasn't taking chances. He just seen it like you would just see the quarterback he would I mean he would get a good read on it.
Speaker 2: So, oh yeah, I forgot that's your dB coach man.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you over here with the good guys.
Speaker 3: I said, what's up man Will Will?
Speaker 5: He told me he put Paul's on you back.
Speaker 3: In the day.
Speaker 2: What kind of Paul?
Speaker 3: What kind of Paul do you talk about?
Speaker 2: Well, he might be.
Speaker 3: I don't want no hour nice though a JJ Yeah, yeah I know him. And back when they was in Green Bay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dreads. Yeah, hey, Al would take a chance now and you had to play with Al. You remember Seattle with the saying, hey he the quarterback called heads.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 2: I say, no, you're not.
Speaker 3: Here's the other way.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, no, I love having hour.
Speaker 8: It's for sure that ball mentality, especially like when you see three step and he didn't. You're mad at the DB's when he ain't driving the three stele. We ain't driving certain routes when we see the quarterback. So it's all about really getting those reasons, having confidence.
Speaker 1: You do realize that the corners, you guys live on an island. It's you and that guy is mono a mono. That's that's the matchup. And a lot of times you ain't got no help. You gotta have you got to have you to play corner. You gotta have amnesia because you're gonna give up some all. Guy's gonna run a great route. He get paid, just like you do. He studied, he's studying Jalen, just like you studying him.
Speaker 2: But how do you how are you.
Speaker 1: Able to block it out? You give up a touchdown or you give up a big play. How you able to block it out? Like, okay, that happened, especially if it's early, ignoring that you got three and a half quarters left to play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think for me, it's it's it's life. I feel like dB. Playing dB for me is just another another area of life for me.
Speaker 8: As far as stuff gonna happen to you early in life, stuff gonna happen to you late in life, and it's like you still got life to live.
Speaker 2: So I mean, for me, I don't like that.
Speaker 5: I don't get too caught up in it.
Speaker 8: It's at the end of the day, when you live long enough, you're gonna mess up and you're gonna do some good things. When you play dB long enough, you're gonna give up some You're gonna break up some passes. So I think for me, it's really as simple as that.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 8: I know Media said in one of her movies, or in one of the movies, I gotta get them one of they get me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I feel like that's really the that's really the name of the game.
Speaker 8: I think honestly, he's just trying to not get God as many and as less as you can, and then get them more as much as you can. But it's really that simple, I think too, especially when you're going against top guys. I mean, I personally got a gauntlet this year with all the receivers I'm gonna see it, so it's like I'm gonna enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, they gonna catch some passes.
Speaker 8: But again, for me, as long as I win more than I lose and turn the ball over, I feel like I'll be good.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck this season, man, stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Already.
Speaker 5: What's up y'all?
Speaker 3: Y'all y'all at home week one?
Speaker 5: Yes, Monday night, you're gonna pull up huh.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, you know what I gotta be.
Speaker 4: I gotta be at the sports book age on Sunday for God.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got a week one.
Speaker 3: I met the sports book on Sunday at really feel so I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna be at the game on Monday, though.
Speaker 3: I'll stay if you can give me, If you give me a ticket, I'll get whatever you need. Just holler let me, man. No, I really got to be there, all no, No, I really got to be the dead ass, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Tell your people, hit my people, and I'll take care of you.
Speaker 3: We found all right, Bet. I can come over to see hi stuff and get autographs and stuff.
Speaker 5: Hey, man, it's all it's you.
Speaker 2: It's you, man.
Speaker 5: I'll talk to a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Let's go. I got you, all right, Bet, I'm gonna let y'all all.
Speaker 1: Right, Ja, stay healthy, man, good luck this season. Man, we're chat down the road, no doubt. Jalen Johnson, cornerback for the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 3: He nice too, boy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah. Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Troy Aikman spoke about Michael Parson's leverage. His leverage is they can't win without him. Without Michael Parsons, I just don't think they're going to be able to spoil anybody down. Now, what the Cowboys are gonna do? You think they you think you think I know the answer to that. But the longer they wait, the price just continues to go up. For Michael Parsons, Troy is no stranger to watching holdouts. Emmitt held out lasted two days before Jerry came to a census. They went oh and two, They got Emmitt back, and they ended up winning the Super Bowl. I think Emmett led the league in rushing that year. Should we expect the holdout? Do you foresee a holdout until Michael Parks gets his money or does he come in.
Speaker 2: And play in good faith?
Speaker 3: Who come and playing good faith? Michael and Mike ain't, no goddamn fool, Absolutely not. I told you.
Speaker 4: They will always use that against you if they know you're a foe because you love the game of football, they'll play They're playing your face all day.
Speaker 3: They were playing your face all day.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Michael better not come back, no, sir, no, sorry, especially especially with the owners come out and said and the game of the game of mind games that Jerry's playing to publicly talk about your agent, you talked about the player.
Speaker 3: Oh hell nah, I'm not coming back, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, Well what's the point. What's the point in paying him? He might miss games like you did last year over them.
Speaker 2: That still irk you that he said that. Huh you know, how do you?
Speaker 4: I'm still can't, like, how do you say something like that about your player. That's something that you think that you don't want to say to yourself, like, damn, I paid him all this money and now he's on the sideline hurt.
Speaker 3: You don't say that out.
Speaker 2: Loud, you speaking stuff into existence.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, man, but y by you lucky. You know what.
Speaker 2: I'm with me.
Speaker 4: I'm with me some good money and I'm gonna go buy the Cowboys. You laughing, I'm gonna go buy the Cowboys and me and you gonna run it.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, there ain't enough lotteries being played for us to get enough money to buy the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: You never know, you never know, never never say that, Oh.
Speaker 1: Joe, that's tied to his whole identity even when he dead, And don't former Cowboys older Jerry Jones, so hey, we might can pull our penning together and get something that get it on something else.
Speaker 2: O yo, But the Cowboys they did.
Speaker 1: Look, that's that's that's something that you sit down and talk with your agent. How well you've done with your money that you can with stand twenty million dollars, So that's basically a million dollars a week.
Speaker 2: He'd be stepping away from.
Speaker 3: Oh, you't got to step away. You can stay right there, You stay right there.
Speaker 1: He ain't gonna play in the game. He gonna play in the games. No, well, you don't play the games. You don't get paid back spasm.
Speaker 4: That's all right, he hurt, he in he there, he's under contract, right, yes, okay, long as it if he shows up, Oh, my back hurt.
Speaker 3: I can't play. Y'all want to play game, you can play games. Oh he gonna get.
Speaker 2: Paid that boy, that'd be an ugly situation.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jerry making it ugly.
Speaker 2: I can't say I disagree with you.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean he I'm listen. If Jerry wanted to play hardball.
Speaker 2: He does. But hey, I don't know why Jerry. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know why Jerry does this. I don't know why he wakes the week before the season. We saw it with CD, we saw it with Dak, we see it with Zeke he EMMITTT missed two games. The difference was Emmitt didn't have a contract. See Emmitt did not hold out. EMMITTT didn't have a contract.
Speaker 3: At all at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so uh.
Speaker 3: Damn, I'm just thinking about that man.
Speaker 9: May I boy, why oh we if I if I own the Cowboys, I'm telling you, boy, well, well.
Speaker 3: We have a super we have a Super Bowl every year. But I'm just spending everything for everybody.
Speaker 2: Uh, we need to start playing a lottery.
Speaker 1: Then they don't have They don't have a lot of right here in Vegas because they got casinos and they don't want you playing a lot of They want you to go to casino.
Speaker 3: They don't want you to double dip.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: They don't want anything that's gonna take money out of casino pockets.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the Cowboys fans, they deserve, they deserve. They deserve this man, they deserve a reason.
Speaker 2: They deserve misery.
Speaker 1: No, no, you remember cover Cluver Lry told Rocky, they say, what do you see for mister pain?
Speaker 2: Damn man, that's what.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 1: It's tough because Michael has been an All Pro he's been Defensive Rookie of the Year, he's been all those probos that he's been to and Jerry has compensated him from that. Now he's said, Jerry, have I played that contract based on what I believe I'll be the next forty five years.
Speaker 2: This is what I need.
Speaker 1: Accordingly, Now, maybe it was he's gonna make the highest paid. Now you got to make him highest paid again, which is more than what TJ. Watt got more guaranteed money said, he said, Michael said, I.
Speaker 2: Need like one hundred fifty What I need? I tell you what, you know what I'm nice, one thirty five guaranteed. I need like one eighty. I need like I need like four years two twenty.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what's funny when I think about it too, and Jerry think he's slicked trying to make it seem like he was gonna pay Michael Parson to have the highest paid But it was before Miles Garrett contract.
Speaker 3: It was before TJ.
Speaker 2: Watch J. Watt.
Speaker 3: It would before and before you got Chase Crosby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before Chase. So it was gonna be in the forty So now, hey, bro, that thing at forty two forty.
Speaker 3: Three, it wouldn't have been no good.
Speaker 5: It would have been good.
Speaker 3: No disrespect to those that are watching.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying in terms of the type of player in caliber which Michael Parson, yeah, to be paid it wouldn't be no good.
Speaker 3: And he young baby's twenty six. Baby, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Man, twenty six years of age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need all that. Yeah, I'm sorry, I need I need go. I tell you what, Jered, Hey, five, give me five for two fifty. Damn five for two fifty. I don't want but one hundred five. I don't want but one hundred forty hundred fifty guarantee.
Speaker 3: Oh so the two fifty just just to make it look good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I like that. I don't care about the guarantee. I tell you what, Jared, you give me five for five hundred million, but I need one hundred fifty of it fully guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like that all that.
Speaker 2: I don't care now about that fluff you said that put all that you see, all the plate that the plate be, all designed, they got all that stuff dribzled all like that. Does it taste good? What's up on all that drizzle? Does it taste good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All that fluff? I see how much money is guaranteed. That's all that.
Speaker 3: That's all that matters.
Speaker 2: That's all I need to know what I'm gonna see