Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's check a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tom Keen with Paul Sweeney and Bloomberg's Lisa Matteo.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to start with Snap. This is the biggest move of volume this Morning's down about nineteen percent. It's the owner of Snapchat, the social media app. Second quarter sales that were just shy of Wall Street's average estimates. But the bigger news actually came on the call with investors. The company points into this slowdown in advertising revenue growth, and a big reason for that, they said, was this technical issue they had with their ad buying tools that happened earlier this year. So what happened is that the company shipped an update to their advertising auction and it invertedly allowed marketers to buy ads at substantially reduced prices. So that was a big mistake.
Speaker 3: This is five hundred and six people enjoying Santa Monica, California. Yeah, Evan Spiegel, who's an item. I've never used snap? Lisa is Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: The kids love it. Correct, Yeah, the kids love it. It's they just like it better than all the others.
Speaker 3: Oh, but she's a font to wisdom today.
Speaker 1: I yes, tiktoky.
Speaker 3: It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: But it's a big thing for them because they get like ninety percent of their revenue from advertising. So that was a huge mistake. They said it's fixed and advertising revenue growth has improved, but yeah, that was that was a big mistake for them. Disney Okay, their shares have been down two percent. Third quarter results disappointed some investors. So on the bad side of things, revenue from conventional TV network sports programming fell short. Income from conventional entertainment TV fell twenty eight percent. Disney Film Studio suffered a loss with sports programming folly short, though they did have that announcement about the NFL acquiring a ten percent stake in ESPN Sports programming. The good news for them a strong performance in their theme park streaming business. Income at the Theme parks division grew about thirteen percent of the quarter revenue advance eight percent. The streaming business actually earned a quarterly profit of three hundred and forty six million, So good and bad on both sides of them.
Speaker 1: For Disney, I mean, Disney is like everybody else. They're just trying to say, hey, focus your tension on these bright China objects. For us, it's streaming and it's theme parks, which you're real they're gonna be huge. They are usually profitable, get even more so with the streaming business, and just kind of ignore the legacy cable networks, broadcast networks. And in fact, a lot of companies are saying, we're just gonna spin those things off.
Speaker 4: So we don't have the movie, Like I'm surprised about the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that stuff goes, comes and goes. You can't worry about that.
Speaker 3: So you know what they're worth when they spin them off.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get two big.
Speaker 1: Transactions coming hitting the market. But if it's going to be well below I think where their current stocks are te okay, next.
Speaker 4: All right, Advanced micro Devices taker AMD down more than six percent before the bell. It's the second largest maker of AI processors. Right, so analysts they saw the results as mixed. Something they really looked closely at was a company situation in China. They say, it's return to that market is a little tough to predict. And the reason why is because you remember, like the Trump administration, they barred those shipments of the high quality chips of China back in April. Then it reversed the course and that raise hopes that AMD and in Video could resume sales, but AMD CEO said that their licenses are still under review, so you know, they didn't include any revenue from those chips and their guidance.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.