Speaker 1: Hey there, everybody, and welcome to I Do Part too. And in this episode, we're about to do a catch up with one of our absolute favorite new friends. But from the moment we met her, she kept telling us she's having the hardest time finding a date. Can't find a date, and you know, the last place, the latest place she decided to look at the VIP suite next to Travis Kelsey's mom and again see the Chiefs game. And with that, welcome to I Do Part two. Folks. This is the podcast for folks who didn't get it right the first time around, might be even the second, maybe even the third. This is the place to be alongside one of the other hosts, Amy Roboxing weird to introduce you that way.
Speaker 2: Yes right, I'm one of your co hosts podcast. Yes, so many of us feel your pain. We've been divorced, we've had our hearts broken, we've searched for love to no avail, and so we want you to know you're not alone, and we're all here to help in the conversation and in actually trying to set some people up.
Speaker 1: Is it going better for you now? You just described a struggle in your life and it sounds like this is the podcast for you if you need some help.
Speaker 3: I think it pretty good.
Speaker 2: Let me set the record straight in case anyone doesn't know, I have happily found my forever person.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: Just to be sitting right next to me, no good, save baby.
Speaker 1: On this show we have Jenny Garth, Janna Kramer, the other two hosts. We have here folks like Kelly Bensimone who's been one of the mentors helping some of the people find days. So I hope you've enjoyed this journey. We've enjoyed. I absolutely have. When this first came to us, I didn't know what to think the idea of doing it, But now that we've been doing it, this has been some of the most fun I've had at our heart.
Speaker 2: You know, it's been a lot of fun because it's so relatable. So many people are in between relationships, looking for love or are basically looking their wounds. They're frustrated, they're sad, they're heartbroken, and it's just something that I think is universal. Who hasn't experienced that? So it feels good to be able to have honest, real conversations about the challenges, the highs and the lows. Of I feel like figuring out what we're all here to do, which is to love and to find that partner and to have that relationship we're all looking for.
Speaker 1: And those conversations have been great that we've had on the podcast. The conversations have been even better that we've had in private with some of the folks. And the folks that we've met is the reason really why this has been such a joy. And I said, two of our absolute favorite new friends. One of them Kathy Schwarts, a lot of people are familiar with from The Golden Bachelor, was a contestant there and you can't It's almost weird. You can't say her name without saying the name Susan Knowles is like peanut butter and Jelliot. Yeah, it's bacon eggs. You can't have Kathin, not Susan. But Susan Knowles is the other who is been looking for love. She's on the Golden Bachelor. But I mentioned at the top we saw her looking for love where just recently in one of the most exclusive rooms in all of sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Susan was with basically, I mean, probably one of the most famous football players to date, probably mostly because.
Speaker 2: Of who he's dating. But of course we're talking about Travis Kelce's mother and Susan had a front row seat in the vip bucks watching it all and maybe maybe I don't know, mingling with a few people.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Susan is here back with us now. We wish we were in the room with you as wmuch what we prefer. But Susan is always all. He's a pleasure, always good to see you. We miss you. But for everybody, just give them a quick update. We're gonna get it into your dating life here in a second. But give us a word. If I had to ask, if we asked you right now, Susan, how's dating going, your one word answer would be slow?
Speaker 3: Okay, slow, but not I did have a date. I did have a date, had one.
Speaker 2: All right, that's hey. One is better than not. Right.
Speaker 3: We went to play top golf. We had a great time.
Speaker 2: Okay you top golf, you said, yes, all right, you a golfer?
Speaker 3: Ah am a golfer. I got one hell of a drive.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. Yeah, we can see that smiling face of yours. Always good to see you.
Speaker 3: Of course, thank you for having me, but I'll say.
Speaker 1: Thank you really, it's been a treat getting to know you over the past year or so. But you, of course were you do your own podcast as well, so you're familiar with this Bachelor Happy Hour, the Golden Hour with you.
Speaker 3: Kathy, the Golden because we are golden.
Speaker 1: I mean yes, you know you had your golden butt in a golden seat because you got a golden ticket. You're dead just initially. You just have to explain this to us. How is it you ended up in there sitting next to Travis Kelsey's mom for the playoff game.
Speaker 3: So Donna and I met last year. We did a job for a company and we were hired again this year and that was part of it. So we did filming all day and Donna and I go way back. So of course I had to wear my other kelsey, her other Kelsey son Eagles jersey, because I was yes, yes, and everybody in my phone was blowing up. My friend's wait, are you going to meet Taylor Swift? That's all they cared about, seriously, and from what I understood, because Donna stayed for most of the game and then she went her to their box and Taylor's family is there and everything. And I said to one of the producers. So everybody wants to know if I'm going to meet Taylor Swift. Obviously not, and she goes. You know, she said she wanted her picture with you. She is that, So Taylor, if you're out there listening, I would love to do that. I know the game was not the place to do it, as you all know, it's difficult for her to get in, you know what I mean with all the security and such. But yeah, that was like a little thrill.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were close, you were very close. How many how many boxes or sweets down? Was she from me? I think maybe next time? Maybe next not. Donna is also divorced, she is single. Is she ready to mingle? Did you all talk about dating?
Speaker 3: Yes? You know me, Amy, come on, of course I talked to her and honestly, no, she's like, really, I am good. She's doing just fine. She's enjoying her life as she's good. And yeah, no, I don't think she's where I am.
Speaker 1: Really in there and during the game, sitting next to Travis Kelce's mom, you all still just become women talking about I guess girls women.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't our first meet, you know, we know each other. We spent time before. So, yeah, I quizzer, what's in her life? You know?
Speaker 2: So she's uninterested in finding someone at this point in her life. She is happy with her single status and that's how she wants to keep it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's what I gather.
Speaker 1: But but that doesn't register for you. Do you do you listen to someone?
Speaker 3: I want to find my person. I want somebody to miss me and get like butterflies when I see him come in the room. You know what I mean? Good sex, good loving, good caring, have fun, play golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do get that, and I love hearing you say that, because I think I could be wrong. But a lot of women, and I'm not saying that Donna Kelcey, She's I'm sure there are plenty of women who have zero desire to start again and to deal with relationships because as great as they all are, sometimes or even initially, they're messy and they're hard, and they're difficult and they require work. So I get it. At a certain point, you might just be like, I'm done. I got my girlfriends, I got my kids.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I might have said this before, isn't it don't they say? When you stop looking, that's when you find somebody. Well, I've tried that too.
Speaker 2: Ah didn't work.
Speaker 3: Maybe not long enough. I don't know. My eyes are always open.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of women might be afraid to say they want it. I think a lot of women might be unwilling to be vulnerable to say they desire what you're saying I desire because they're afraid it's not out there. They're afraid of rejection, they're afraid they're age old. That yes, that the older guys are the guys who they'd be interested want people women twenty thirty years younger than them, and so they're afreed to admit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Cathy's whole thing. They don't want me, and she's healthier and better eight than most people at ten years twenty years younger. But it's true, And I ask you, djay, men prefer younger because of the number I think, I don't know. I mean we could look good. I think I look good for sixty seven years old. I mean I can stand next to any fifty seven year old. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We get so caught up in that because I know plenty of men that don't, under any circumstance want to date someone in their twenties or maybe they're early.
Speaker 3: Thirty, not that young.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but yeah, I get to your point. I get what you're saying. But it is a matter of you have to get to know people. And attraction is not just by what I see across the room. It's what I actually inside about the person. When else I get close to that person, who might be more beautiful up close and from across the room. Once you actually get to talk to somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah's inside. And that's the problem I think with all the dating sitees. Not that I'm against them, but I went off prior to going on the show, even I just gave up for a while. But you're looking at a picture and you're reading a very short bio. That's a tough game, you know what I mean. If you're introduced and somebody that you might not even be attracted to, but you're getting to know, all of a sudden you find that they're so attractive, not physically because of exactly what you said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't it about the conversation section and how much you can laugh with one another, how much you can relate to one another vess because looks bade and once you get a little bit older, you realize that in a very dramatic way, like, hey, oh gosh, you know, so this ain't hanging around and if you don't have something deeper or better, it's not going to last. So do you find I don't know how many sporting events you go to, but is that a good place to date or at least to look around for potential dates?
Speaker 3: Maybe not throwing the playoffs? I mean.
Speaker 2: They're kind of focused on the fields.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot, a lot. And the freezing cold weather too. That didn't help. But no, there was. There's quite a lot of men, but most of them married. You know. I don't walk around with like a sign on my head saying I am available. As a matter of fact, I've been told more than a few times I'm clueless. Like people say, didn't you see that guy looking at you? And go oho? No, Like I'm on a mission. I'm going to where I'm going, you know, I don't slow it down a bit. Maybe that's what I need to do. And I have, as you know, a large personality, so someone would have to enjoy that part of me, you know.
Speaker 1: So I'm curious about that. You said you don't notice the sign sometimes? Are you doing something different or doing something to address that, because that's a that's a big deal.
Speaker 3: Well, could you tell me what to do to address that? Slow down and look every person in the eye, because I could look in.
Speaker 1: The awareness and an engagement. And I guess it's a matter of just being making sure you stay in the moment and where you are versus maybe like you say, your head is down and your phone.
Speaker 3: No, my head is never downj Yeah, my head is never.
Speaker 2: But maybe it could be swiveling. I mean, the thing is, when you're in your twenties and thirties, think about it, and you know you've got a little bit of I don't want to say power, but you know you can maybe turn heads right, or you can get some eye contact. You can have that that knowing glance with someone. That is the first step in flirting, or at least saying I'm available without saying I'm available. Yes, maybe when you get older, you don't feel like people are looking at you as much. You do in a sense just kind of rush across the room. You don't take your time and say, hey, not only notice me, but I'm noticing you. Maybe we don't think we could or should, and we did when we were younger.
Speaker 3: Didn't we think? Well, I got a lot of attention most of my life, and then I had children, and now my daughter grew up and she got attention with yah. But I get the nice old people in wah Wah and around and say, ma'am, do you know you're beautiful at all? Thank you? I'll take them. I can get.
Speaker 1: Wow. Did we mention we're talking to a Philadelphia Gale? People didn't get that. You know, we were talking you started off the top here. We didn't expect that news. Or you were talking about this date you went on recently. Do tell as much as you can. Who is this guy? How'd you meet? And will there be another date?
Speaker 3: Yes, they'll probably be another date. He was quiet, quite the polar opposite of me, and he didn't know who I was, and I asked him not to google.
Speaker 2: He googled immediately He probably probably don't.
Speaker 3: I really don't think he did, and he was surprised when we sat and we talked for a couple hours before we played top golf, and he was really easy to talk to and I shared some things about me my life and said at the end how grateful I was for my life. You know, I've had a great life not long before, a golden bachelor, like, I'm in a good place. And I asked him the same, and his wasn't as happy as mine, you know, and I felt bad. But now everybody has their stuff, so right away, is that a red flag? He's never been married and never had children.
Speaker 2: How old is he?
Speaker 3: Fifty six?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's a younger guy, of.
Speaker 3: Course he is. I don't care about the number. I don't care if he was seventy six. But he had He's nice looking, he was tall enough. He was pleasant and quiet, and we talked about my personality. I said, I'm a lot. He goes you are, he said, but I like it. It was nice.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe he's a really good listener and he appreciates someone like you who can spice up his life, you know. I mean I think that. Look, if you have shared interest, if you have shared goals and all of that, that's important. But it's kind of nice to have different personalities. I'm an extrovert. You're an introvert, right and you don't realize that, but listen, I'm an introvert.
Speaker 1: Look everybody, he is really like it.
Speaker 2: In social settings. He actually, you know, you would know because he loves talking to you and Kathy, but he's not He's discerning in who he speaks to, and he listens a lot.
Speaker 1: Very happy sitting in the corner of the room, just watching it all happen.
Speaker 3: Watch an Amy walk across the room and getting the butterflies.
Speaker 2: And you know me, I'm like talk talk talk talk, talk talk, So I do think that that works to have to have you can't have a talk talk talkers.
Speaker 1: Besides, the golf, was there a meal involved drinks and bold.
Speaker 3: We sat and had a couple of drinks enemy a little bite, and then we were at Top Golf, so we ate there and then of course I forgot my glove. I ran downstairs to get the glove. Yeah, and we played for a while. It was good. I was doing pretty well, like I promised him. It's not that good when I get out on the course. But he was a little intimidated. But I think he can play real well. And that's a plan for the spring that maybe we'll play some golf.
Speaker 2: So how did you all meet? How did you end up on this date? Were you set up? Were you did.
Speaker 3: You actually on Facebook? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, how did that go?
Speaker 3: He said? There was Facebook dating. I think it is. I went on for about ten minutes. He messaged me and we chatted for I don't know, two or three messages and that girl and I said, would you like to exchange digits? It might be a lot easier because I don't get on that. So that's what we did. Is he vocal in Philadelphia?
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, that's great.
Speaker 2: Do you do you? This is so interesting because I don't know if it depends on what age range you're in, but do you still play games and don't and wait to text back?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, I was never good at that.
Speaker 2: Great, I love suck at that.
Speaker 3: Actually, everything I read that what we shouldn't do? I do all that, shouldn't you know? I'll text first, I'll ask them out. I don't care. Let's just do this, you know what.
Speaker 2: That's what's so nice about getting older is that you you have the confidence to just be yourself and if they don't like you or they want you to be playing games, they're not for you anyway, and you just learn sooner, which is better. So how often do you guys chatter? Talk?
Speaker 3: A couple of times a week and it's only it's new, really new like, it's been two weeks and then I was traveling.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you know what, how do when we're young, younger and there are twenties or whatever, we start dating people, you have a thought of is this person's you think about marriage or kids?
Speaker 1: Right, You're seeing your relationship kind of play out a certain way when that is not on the table, when you're not trying to build a family. I guess, how do you lead? I guess it.
Speaker 3: Easier to look at somebody like, am I going to enjoy your company?
Speaker 1: Damn? That's a good point.
Speaker 3: You know. I got to be able to have fun with you, or be bored with you, be silent with you. Do you like to travel? Where have you been? Do you want to go back? Like? Things like that, And that's where sometimes the intimidation thing happens. Because I've been everywhere. I made it a point to go everywhere. I love it. I love to travel. I've been in Italy six times. And when I ask, you're half Italian, have you been to Italy? No, you need to go.
Speaker 2: You can get him to go, You can encourage each other to do things. But it is interesting.
Speaker 1: The intimidation. One thing I didn't think about. Yeah, right, Yeah, what does that say? I mean you're meeting grown men who've had sometimes relationships and families and careers, but they are intimidated by just your life.
Speaker 3: Experience, just by my present, like a lot of men through my life. Because I would ask my girlfriend's husbands and all that I'm good friends with, what is wrong with me? Why? Susan, you're very intimidating? Why as soon as you speak to me? I know you guys know I'm warm, I'm easy to talk to, I'm fun.
Speaker 2: Isn't it about control? Doesn't in a certain of some men? And you know they like to be in charge, and I think they know if they dated you, they wouldn't be.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I mean, I got to be in charge a little bit certain.
Speaker 1: I'm running through my mind here. How we talk about her warmth? There is nothing but warmth that came, But we are also not looking at her in that way. I don't know. It probably is intimidating. I mean you to say, I mean you ropes we talk about this, you can be intimidating women who are who are independent, who are that confident, who are that strong, who are that who frankly sometimes isn't a damsel in distress.
Speaker 3: You're exactly right, neither one of you two.
Speaker 1: If I if this place is on fire, I would just say, all right soon, I'll see you outside. You don't need saving.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, see that you just blew it. You just that's a big no. Right now, you run and take honey. Let me get you out first.
Speaker 1: And then you're still.
Speaker 2: He actually actually to defend what he just said about himself. He would and would we have had moments where there have been We had one in particular where there was a dangerous thing. He immediately thought of me first versus protesting. Does a man should He did, and he passed the test without a realizing So you did, being.
Speaker 1: Self deprecating in the point, even something as simple as you putting your luggage in the bin in the in the airplane. She I used to try to run and go help her do it, and she always I got it, I got it, I got it. That's and that's fine.
Speaker 3: I let you do it now, though yeah I would too. Mine's always heavy, right, But.
Speaker 1: If it's intimidating to a guy. You all are those two people who, yes, you want to send the flowers, save me from the building, help me with my bag. But trust me, I can buy my own flowers, I can carry my own bag.
Speaker 3: Yes we can. But we love it when you do it exactly.
Speaker 1: But you all are so outward, you too, at least are in your strength.
Speaker 3: So are you suggesting that I lower it a little bit, be a little bit more soft spoken, and let somebody else take the lead?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: You don't want a guy who if he can't deal, if he can't handle you. This real you you don't want them anyway. Might last for a little while, but at some point you'll ye, no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to.
Speaker 2: And there are plenty of men out there who appreciate of strong women and who need one whom who had moms who were strong women, you know, and so they are actually seeking that out, whether they realize it or not. And they're not. They're not everywhere. And I remember there were always a lot of men out there who I just knew immediately, like there's no way they would be not going to work.
Speaker 1: I asked myself that every day, are you considering Susan doing anything different, switching anything up?
Speaker 3: Stop looking again? I mean I wanted to try to go back on it. I joined like that match dot com for not even a month. It was a week and I already deleted everything. The profile was like, I can't, I just can't do this. I am happy. I do want to find my person to get old with. I do, but I can't. I don't know. I don't want to say lower myself. That's the terrible phreeze. But sit online and search through the these pictures in these profiles and be judgmental. It's like, this is not healthy. I'm all over the place. Why can't I meet somebody walking to the airport or in the store at the grocery store, squeeze in the fresh fruit.
Speaker 2: To that point? Do you I'm curious because I struggle. I would struggle with this if I weren't in a relationship, but might push myself in this direction. Do you go to restaurants by yourself?
Speaker 3: Do you have yeah?
Speaker 2: Establishments alone?
Speaker 3: And I won't pick up my phone. It's like a job. Do not get on the phone. Do you know how weird it is sitting there by yourself and there's all these forty somethings and they're coupled, and some people will chat once in a while, few words, or I'll try to make fun with the bartender just to have a conversation, and then I start feeling weird. Yeah, and as long as there are food in a glass the wine, I'm good. When you're sitting there waiting, it's like, okay, what do I do now?
Speaker 1: You know I do this. I enjoy what you just described. Leave the phone down and just take it all in around you and enjoy a meal with peace. I don't mind it at all. Obviously I'm not there trying to date, but it's I know what.
Speaker 3: You don't mind it either. I'm not. I'm perfectly comfortable, but you're hoping that somebody looks at you right Well, you don't because you have your person. But when you're alone, you're like, and I'm looking around thinking they're way too young. They're all with people. Just enjoy your meal, Susan.
Speaker 2: Susan, would you vacation alone or have you vacationed alone? I have.
Speaker 3: I When I was living in Philadelphia in the city, it was New Year's Day and I was with my most favorite gaze and I was always with them every holiday, and I was the other one, the third one, you know, And I woke up New Year's Day and said, you know know what, guys, I'm going to take myself to Italy for fifteen days. I'm going to give six months to planet and I'm going. And it was like huge for me. And I did when I landed, Oh my gosh, this most handsome man with my name. When I'm going, oh my god, I mean he could have been my son, of course, and he takes me in the little water taxi I was in Venice and drops me off and I get up to this little tiny room and I thought, oh, what did I do? What do I do now? Yeah, And that's when it began my journey. It was fabulous, but there was so so many times, so many moments that I wished I was sharing it with somebody. I'm like a hopeless romantic. I love romance, you know.
Speaker 2: I just I got even emotional thinking about it because I feel the same way like I can be alone. But when you experience something beautiful, you want to share it or fun or funny, you want to share it with some muss. Yes, that's my.
Speaker 3: Issue, that's what was missing. I mean, I have the time of my life and it empowered me in so many ways. It wasn't too long after that, Eat, Pray, Love, and I thought where should I get next?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I know. I think it's one of those dreams that sounds amazing and is but so scary to actually put into practice. I traveled a lot alone for work, and and I did have moments where I was like, Okay, this is I was alone in this mansion that I had been put up in and no one else ended up staying there on like in the Seychelles with the Indian Ocean pounding wats below me, and I just thought, You're like, why am I by my cellar place alone for three weeks?
Speaker 1: Nobody's going to believe this. I would have gone, wow, I should have called me.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't joined you.
Speaker 2: But actually the truth is I was married at the time, and those that those weeks gave me clarity, like of what I knew I wanted to do, which was a end my marriage.
Speaker 3: Well, you're in touch with yourself and you have time. What am I doing? Am I happy? Where do I want to be? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, there's a lot of aha moments. It can come in those moments of solitude. But I know you're looking for that person. So you said, I mean, obviously you went onto Facebook, and that has borne some fruit. We'll see what happens. Do you have a strategy, a plan of attack for this new year for twenty twenty five to find love?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's more about I have some good news I'm going to share. So I was opening an email and I never even heard of IOATP the International Organization of Top Professionals, And I will be announced shortly that I've been nominated for the Officiate of the Year of twenty twenty five. WHOA so exciting. So there's a big photo shoot in New York under the Nastac Building. My picture will be up there and they'll do a photo shoot and it's a huge It's all over the world, like watching the videos from last year. This year, it'll be in December in Las Vegas, and the people like every walk of life and it's dripping and downs and gorgeous and I'm like, oh my god, this is me. So I'm tickled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell us how you earned the honor? How you earned the award.
Speaker 3: I don't know who nominated me, but they said that they have watched and what I've shared with the public and what I do and my talk. You know, I'm all about empowering women that are over the age of fifty or sixty, that we still have a light. There's so many possibilities. I mean, look at me. Who'd have thought.
Speaker 1: You are forever optimistic even if something didn't go your way or this isn't happening the way you want. And we've talked about that from personal and professional aspects of your life. You are eternally optimistic and upbeat and just everything you say and your energy. Folks can't see you right now, but from the moment you just you're bursting, right, You're just that smile. Yeah, yeah, you're always so we have I'm not kidding you. We don't make a lot of new friends on purpose these.
Speaker 3: Days, right right, You know a lot of people, but friends are Yes, You're one of.
Speaker 1: Our favorite favorite new people. It really is a treat to gotten to know as much as we have over the past year plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people that are gloomy and doomy, like I've separated myself from people that I've known since grade school that we're still friends, but I choose not to because I tried. I tried to con instant look at the brighter side. I'm so such a believer in positive attracts. Positive and what you put out there, you're going to get right back at you. So if you feel a little negativity, be aware of it, stop and rephrase it and change the thought. I mean, it really works.
Speaker 2: It totally does. I am such a believer in positive energy, and it's so easy to start complaining and we all do it. But I'd like say, oh, do you hear what you just did or said yeah, it's in your head right, and just say how can I find a positive? And what I just said like stop a race? You can always find the positive, and yes, if you can find someone else who has that same goal, because we're not all always going to be positive.
Speaker 3: No, I have moments, trust me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clearly we all do. But if you know that that is important, and you recognize how important that is to your overall happiness and your mental well being, that's key to find.
Speaker 3: It gets you threw the dawn parts, the sad parts. You know, it's got to get better. I was once asked this question and some people look at me like, well, you love yourself? I said, no, it's true. How does this feel, this new celebrity because you were on TV and now you're a star d I said, you know, I was a star the day I was born. It's just time the rest of the world knows it. I mean, doing hair behind the chair for forty years, you're a star. I perform every day in the salon when I worked in the salon, and I listened to people and helped make people feel good about themselves. So it's a natural thing for me.
Speaker 2: I love that, you know, TJ. I don't know where you got it from, but you said to me, and you actually just said this, Susan, that you're looking for someone to grow old with. And TJ's like you read somewhere that someone said you should be looking for someone to stay young with. And I feel like that's what you're looking for.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that. Thank you. Oh that was like a goosebump movement.
Speaker 1: But it makes sense. For it's hard to find folks like you anywhere who look at life that way that I am just trying to be a kid for as long as I can, and that's what we all should be trying to do. So that is going to be a challenge for you out because most people just aren't built like that.
Speaker 3: I'll never grow up though, I mean.
Speaker 2: I know, right proudly displaying or showing or talking about your Peter Pan syndrome. I we're all responsible adults, but I have always try to be in touch with my inner child. I tried. I try to slide across the floor.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, back up the music and dance right.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wait a minute, we forgot Wait a minute, we forgot to ask Jesus crime. I mean, who the hell is this Jack guy?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Jack, Jack, God bless Jack.
Speaker 1: What's with you and Jack?
Speaker 3: The world thought Susan Jack, Susan and Jack. Jack likes to cook like I do. Jack was on Jean's bachelorette Yes, yes, and we did meet, and he's he'd be a great friend.
Speaker 1: Then why does everybody else think be great?
Speaker 3: Because we're both loud, and we're both Italian, and we both like to cook, and we're both funny at times.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that all sounds good to me.
Speaker 3: Two of the same as maybe not so good.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I hear you. That makes sense, that makes sense, but actually too, like thinking about that pool of men who all put themselves out there in these seasons, I mean, have you had the opportunity to, like, you know, in the other out of the other reality seasons they have, like the people who didn't get picked all go to an island together and like, you know whatever, in paradise whatever, they have difference, it's coming.
Speaker 3: So they said rumor has it, so you can't. This is not rumor has it. They're thinking about some gold and paradise. And the first thing I said, of course, was we're not going to Mexico with bugs to no air condition. It's not going to work at our age.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. I thought you were to say. The first thing I said was count me in or sign me up.
Speaker 3: Well, they know, Alba absolutely. I'm hoping it's like on a cruise ship or something.
Speaker 2: Wait, you wanted to be on a cruise ship?
Speaker 3: I mean better than bugs in no air Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's actually not a bad idea. That's like mixing one of our favorite shows below Deck with Oh I Love Violence, and then he or The Bachelor, and then he just put them together and it's all the people who still are looking for love who didn't get chosen, and put them all together and stir in a little bit of alcohol which always makes it extra fun.
Speaker 3: And maybe some new meat too. Here's the issue. Women are not shy, so those men that did not get chosen, and they're all lovely men. I've interviewed quite a few of them, had them on our podcast and got to know them, and they're great guys. Most of them are taken. Their DMS blew up and I remember them saying it to us, don't wear ladies when you get off here. You're going to get so many people asking you out.
Speaker 2: And we didn't, but the men did.
Speaker 3: Men my age aren't really on Instagram and social media. You're lucky if you get a Facebook, you know what I mean. And they're not doing that, but women do. We're all on social media, so they've reached out. I know some one of them told me they had like five hundred messages like people asking them out. And quite a few of them are in relationships. You know, Mark is with somebody, and Jonathan is with somebody, Jordan's with somebody, who's left who's maybe we need some new meat on this golden thing. If there is one sound bad?
Speaker 1: Have you gone through that list of guys because they've been vetted? I mean have you? I mean you almost just put their names on the list and start checking them off. Okay, he's taking he's taking he's ugly, he's or whatever. But have you done that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, obvious obvious abilities because they've said, hey, I'm looking for love as well, I'm older, I want I want this.
Speaker 3: But they were looking for Joan with the long blonde hair and a nice, thin, perfect body, and I'm not Joanah is quiet, Jone is soft spoken. If I were the Golden Bachelorette, it would be one hell of a show. We all fall.
Speaker 1: I would love to see the guys. They bring your weight.
Speaker 3: But I think they did a great job choosing men. She had some very very nice men, Susan.
Speaker 1: Her roles ceremony. Some of the gods would probably kill the rolls back. I can't take them, oh God.
Speaker 3: But you know, there's that other side of me, that romantic, soft loving side of me. But for the most part, I like to have fun.
Speaker 2: I like to smile, and you need you need people to know that because you want to have somebody who's willing to have fun too, or it's no fun, no fun. Have you told us what you're do you have an ideal man in your mind or like a way to describe who would be your perfect.
Speaker 3: Guy, Somebody that's kind to everyone, especially the person waiting on you at a table that I judge people when they don't treat people with respect. That's the biggest thing. Physically, I'd like them to be taller than me, that's for sure, even though I'm starting to shrink now, so it's not such a bad thing. But I like a tall man. I like a man that's confident and can laugh. Yeah, I'm not asking for all that much.
Speaker 1: Confidence. Apology is yeah tough.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you know one hundred of them, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, but folks, if you're listening, this is serious. If you if there's someone you know that you think it's perfect for Susan, we absolutely want you to reach out to us. We are not kidding here. You can call us, email us, follow us on the social media, all the sites we have. All the information is going to be in the show notes as well. Rate and review the podcast. But if you think you know someone who is kind, who is what was confident?
Speaker 2: And how tall are you? Susan?
Speaker 3: Five six six foot is perfect? Five long?
Speaker 2: Say at least five to eight? Probably six? Nos, Oh we want a six foot because you have.
Speaker 3: Heels on what else?
Speaker 2: Okay, six feet, I get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he's your six feet, I mean, what the heels? How tall are you with the heels?
Speaker 3: I guess five to nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you know somebody who's five to nine and a half and a buff, reach out.
Speaker 3: You know what, if he's the right person, I don't care how tot he is, I'm way past that.
Speaker 2: Well, Susan, we are hoping that twenty twenty five is your year, and and so many others who are listening to us. But it's a it's a pleasure, and hey, when you do come to New York, please please, please please.
Speaker 3: I'm coming tomorrow. Actually, Sarah b living abundantly. Okay, that that show? No, I'm doing. I'm going to co host. I'm going to co host and we're doing four shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm okay. So you're spend in the night.
Speaker 3: No, Unfortunately, I have to fly to Florida and do a wedding the very next day, and then we're going to Carmel. Are you coming to Carmel Cal?
Speaker 2: Did we get invited to Carmel?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We did. Yeah, I believe that you did.
Speaker 2: I didn't get the invite.
Speaker 3: Amy, because you weren't there when I met his daughter, which oh my god, I fell in love with her. I had her cracking up. She probably thinks I'm I sat right next door Amy, and I'm like, Okay, I know I don't dance like you, but I like this song. What do you think we have fun? But that's the night I think you guys were invited.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry it was me. That was my bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, introvert always ask me because as the extrovert.
Speaker 3: I will, I should have texted you. I will.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna get the playing right near Pebble Beach there. Yeah. Wait, you have to see this guy, the one that was the last one to go on Jones season. He has gone crazy. He went out and bought new clubs. He's taken golf lessons. He had a whole new alphit new shoes I have to wear? Do you think you're going? It's cold? He wants to look good, he wants to play well.
Speaker 2: He's waiting for all those d ms to come into his Instagram feed.
Speaker 3: So I had a photo shoot for goingn's sake. I got you are so and he's so funny and sweet. He's a nice guy. I don't know. I think maybe he's wanting to be the next Bachelor or something.
Speaker 2: We shall see Susan. Susan, thank you so much for spending some time with us. We want to let anyone know that I do. Part two is an iHeart Radio podcast. We're falling in Love DJ and I would say staying in love is the main objective. Thanks for listening, everybody,