Speaker 1: SGA scores forty a as the Thunder beat the Suns one twenty one to one O nine to take a commanding three old lead. Remember we talked about this last night. No team has overcome a three A three old deficit. The teams are ozer and one fifty nine. Shay was fifteen of eighteen eleven of twelve from the free throw line. Uh, he got fifteen from a Jay Mitchell who filled in feeling there for Jalen. Uh, Jayleen Williams chet gave it ten and seven, but they got at thirteen off the bitch from Caruso. They got great contribution. Jared McCain played well, Casey Wallace played well. Jalen Williams hit some big threes.
Speaker 2: Uh, they just they they just stopped. Man. I mean, Jayleen Brooks is playing out of his damn mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jalen Green's playing out of his damn mind.
Speaker 2: But they a hey, they just ain't got enough fire. They got enough horses.
Speaker 3: Not only do they have not enough horses. That goddamn SGA special on he's special. Hey, Joe, listen, the goddamn Sons wasn't even playing bad defense. But young Bull is able to do any and everything he wants to Joe, he get into a spot. He not even shooting from the goddamn three. He shot from the three, he was one for three from three. But I'm saying being able to put the ball on the floor picks. I mean, it doesn't matter what it is mid range, getting to the whole being aggressive. You know how you mentioned Jalen Johnson all the time THEA. When you talk about Jalen Johnson, I'm expecting him to look the way Sga looks like that kind of aggressive, that kind of putting the ball on the floor. I don't care what you're putting from me. I don't care what you throw in front of me. This is what I'm finna do certain myself. Huh.
Speaker 2: Jayalen Johnson's not on that type of team.
Speaker 4: It ain't even that he ain't on that type of team. He ain't got that mentality. Bingo Shay has the mentality. Oh Joe, I'm gonna kill you. Give a damn who you put on me. It could be Green Boy.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 4: Y'all finna get this work tonight. Y'all can take turns if y'all want to, But I'm handing them out. I'm handing them out. Listen, Man, I watched the game. I'm like, you know, I know they ain't got the forward Jayalen Williams, but I'm like, Phoenix got a chance. That's all I was thinking for the game started. But then I'm like, man, Shaye just on a whole nother level. Bro, he on another level. Like they holler about all man, he fouled bait he did. Hey, man, I know one thing. Can't nobody stop him, can't nobody stay in front of him?
Speaker 2: And he know it. Bro.
Speaker 4: It's a difference when you watch a guy and you see the confidence just oozing out of him when he gets the ball, like his swag different, you know what I mean, Like when he get it, he has a he had that, he had that look in his eye like yeah, I'm finna get his work. And that's what That's what I enjoy watching the most.
Speaker 3: And you know what's funny too, when you think about it, you think about, this is the one percent in the world in the NBA. You know, whether whether it's the point guard with his shooting guard, whether it's a three four orto goddamn five, the one thing that searb severarates everybody else at a pacific position. Is not just your skill set, but this this right here, man, this right here, the belief that I can do it, the belief that I don't care what you put in front of me. Man, you finna get this work, you fine, get this work. I look at Jalen Johnson, right, talented kid, he's really good. Then look at s g A and I'm like, well, god damn, what's the difference in this one and in this one? When it comes to skill set, when it comes to shooting, when it comes to putting the ball, when it comes to putting the ball on the floor, just being able to maneuver, manipulate the game in general offensively.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He Joe was right here, Joe, You're.
Speaker 3: Not finna tell me and said, Ega is great. You're not gonna tell me he's EON's that much better than the next motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Nah, he it's here.
Speaker 4: It's his confidence, bro, And he know. I mean when obviously, if you win the MVP of a league, approach league, bro, that's gonna give you a whole nother sense of confidence. Like, I don't care what no damn body say. For sure, I think whether he I don't think he would ever come out and say it. You know, he's a very humble kid, but he's confident. At the same time, he knows that he's top two three guys in this league. And I ain't talking about two or three. You feel me. I'm serious. I'm serious. Oh your life. I don't know if y'all see it when you watch somebody.
Speaker 2: Play, yeah, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 4: And you see how every time they get the ball, it's like it's like it's like I don't.
Speaker 1: Even know you at my mercy, and you can't do anything about it. I'm talking about me. I can do whatever I want to do to you, and you can't stop me.
Speaker 4: It's like they try to double him, you can't double him because he's gonna slither out of that. And then he got guys, he got guys who can shoot, who could play make it if he had to pass it to him, So it's hard to double him. And then and boy, when you're talking about Garden, their whole team, bro, I'm talking about all the guards. They sit in a carew so willless Shaye, Uncle. I know y'all see him out there. And what's a little left handed dude name come off the bench? Mitchell?
Speaker 2: Mitchell J. Mitchell. He started to do Oh did he Yeah? He started the.
Speaker 1: Hey and the band got Hey. He got up twenty shots. He shot more than that Hick. You're right, you're probably put him aside.
Speaker 4: You're right, right, he went five to twenty, but he made he made some timely buckets.
Speaker 2: I like him, Bro, I like him.
Speaker 4: Because it's rare that you get guys who come off the bench and you put him in a starting role and they had that confidence to be able to come out and take twenty shots. You feel what I'm saying, Yes, Hey, I think they coach have a hell of a system. That's a plug and play system. And it seemed like every time a guy come off that bench, no matter who it is, Bro, they getting to it. They get to it. You're right, And that's the and that's the thing. They make You earn your minutes. You earn your minutes.
Speaker 1: You don't want to let the next guy down because you know the next guy is playing his ass off for you, so you can't do anything but play your ass off for him. As you said, Joe, they're very well coached. They're disciplined team. They play. Watch them how when they do interviews, watch them how they're on the court and sincerely.
Speaker 4: Like being around each other. Hey, I'm gonna tell y'all what else I like too. If they meet the Lakers in the next round, which I think I think we all think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 4: With no Jalen Williams, Lakers may have a they may have a slight chance.
Speaker 2: I think they can win a game.
Speaker 1: Joe, I just don't think they have enough horses, because you can't go see the thing, the problem that you're run into when you play the Lakers. If you watch the Lakers, watch the third quarter. No matter how big a lead they have, teams are able to carve into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can't do that with this team because if you if they got a lead on you and you come out light in the third quarter, a five to six point lead, all of a sudden, your first time out, you down twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the game's over. They're just blowing the game over, just like that.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, Joe, you said the Lakers have a chance.
Speaker 4: I think without Jalen, I say they got a chance to make it a good series. Okay, Yeah, I don't know if they can beat him, but I'm saying I think you know if the Lakers is able to get back a R. I think they got a chance to make this decision.
Speaker 2: Not with Aydon playing with other mints and they ain't gonna be able to beat him.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, we can talk about a No they want to, but the Lakers got a They gotta keep patting him on his back because they gonna need him.
Speaker 2: They gonna need him. But you know what, they packed him on his back, but you know what they want to do, put foot in his ass. Hey, you know it's a small from going to a path to a kick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you watched it, Joe, you saw you saw what he did last night?
Speaker 2: I did, I did, I did, and like, yeah, come on, bro.
Speaker 4: Hey, and playing against Okac, boy, they gonna they gonna need him to be a totally different player.
Speaker 3: But your your mindset got to be completely different then the people you're playing.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, that boy special man. I'm talking about shit.
Speaker 1: He Hey, you know, if you think about it, Joe, Guys, when they're end this mode, they'll have a four or five six year stretch where he plays.
Speaker 2: Just like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look at Yoki from the time he won that first MVPE to where it is now. You look at Lebron. Now, some guys can extend it. You look at Jordan and Lebron and guys you know Steph, they extended it. But he A, I wouldn't be surprised for the next three years if she still averaged thirty points a game, shot fifty percent from the floor.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hold on, unc, why you why are you limited that three? Especially if he stays injury free.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying I see, I see at least another at least Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cause I can see the impressive thing. It is not the thirty it's the percentage in which he's shooting the third shooting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, Bro, five for eighteen from the field, forty two points, Uncle ojo, it ain't any guys, huh, fifteen for eighteen, My bad.
Speaker 2: It ain't many guys who've who've played like this. Bro.
Speaker 4: No, like you know, we we haven't seen guys go forty two. But now no, damn fifteen for eighteen.
Speaker 1: Dam he on that Bron when he played Boston, that series that he dragged as he dragged the Cavaliers, that game seven, that game six, Uh, when he played Indiana, when he played Toronto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he got it going like that. What you're gonna do? Man, we threw.
Speaker 1: Everything at you. I'm like every time, hey, hey, we shoot all our bullies. We got thirty shots, we shoot them all. At some point I throw the gun at it. Then at that point in time, Joe Ocha, I just take off running.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean even when you look at it, hell, between him and Mitchell, they don't want They seem like they took all the shots they did.
Speaker 2: Chick was in foul trouble a lot of the time.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, damn, I thought Phoenix had a hell of a chance to win.
Speaker 2: I mean, Green and Brooks played well. I'm like Joe.
Speaker 1: They had a lead twenty four fifteen and the next thing you know, it's thirty three, twenty four.
Speaker 2: And it was never the same true champion. Man. They them dudes have been through a lot.
Speaker 4: They didn't been through some real wars man, And hey, I enjoy watching OKC play.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna lie to y'all. You know the way guys step in even when let's say you got guys bro who go three four games, don't you touch the floor. Yep, But soon coach odaz and he's like, all right, now, you know what I mean? Like, that's impressive, bro, that's that's that's called being a real professional, and not a lot of guys can do that.
Speaker 1: But hey, Joe Booker hasn't been playing well now, Yeah, ain't nowhere a round. It ain't no where righting Because we give him credit and a lot of guys have come and a lot of guys have gone. He's the he's been the remaining constant. We got to hold him to a standard. If he's your best player, he's the he's a star because I don't think I don't think, you know, we use that word to superstar a little bit too loose, Yeah, a little bit too loosely. They're like six or seven of those guys. Yeah, he's a star. But bro, what what what?
Speaker 2: What? What? What? I'm what am I doing? Now? Hey, I'm giving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had thirty three to night though, uh no.
Speaker 1: No, thirty three what he paid thirty nine minutes? He had sixteen points, took him sixteen.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at I'm looking I'm looking at Dylan crazy.
Speaker 4: But hey, but but you know, you know why though, Okay, he got that dog on him over there, Lorry.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Joe, we can't use that.
Speaker 1: How many times how many times did Jeordan, Kobe bron kds held hello the team best play?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 4: You just said it ain't but a couple of them.
Speaker 1: But they make it seem like that hold on you, Macon, seem like they put Alvid robertson the Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, lou Daughter the damn good defender.
Speaker 3: But damn hey, how tall is lou door?
Speaker 2: He about six three and the Joe six?
Speaker 4: No, he's about six four six five. Yeah, that boy built like a middle line back out there, I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, he gave me giving. You're giving young bull hair out there trying to get Ryannie.
Speaker 4: Well that I mean he would look he went the Arizona State. Uh so he probably feels like he at home.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I just feel like, yeah, I feel like, uh he a hell of a defender, bro.
Speaker 2: He bust through them screens. He makes tough on you.
Speaker 4: He ain't gonna let hey listen, let me tell you it's a good defender. That the best way to defend the candidates and not let him catch the ball. Why y'all think Brooks and Green got off the night because hell we hey, we won't give it. Damn about them getting out. We gonna hold you. We know you you you capable of scoring forty to fifty points. We can't give it. We can't get it to the little sixteen points you got tonight. Boy, you're gonna have to work hardest hell to get that.
Speaker 1: But even even those, But think about it, Joe, even when you don't have Dork, you come with Caruso and then you come with Wallace. So it ain't like he getting no break, right, So hey, they like, oh yeah, Lou check it out.
Speaker 2: Here come Caruso, Here come Case and Wallace.
Speaker 1: So but like you said, those thirty three from Brooks and that twenty six from Jalen Green can't beat that team, no, no.
Speaker 4: Now, he and they would out their second best player, okase Is, and they still come up in your house.
Speaker 2: And do that.
Speaker 3: Hey, how long do you think he out? Joe?
Speaker 2: It was this oh out for a minute, that's happen. That's hamstring.
Speaker 1: They're gonnay're gonna they're gonna err on the side of caution, because all things being equal, I'd rather have him for the I rather have him for the NBA.
Speaker 2: Final, excuse me, the Western Conference finals.
Speaker 1: If we back the or at least in the.
Speaker 2: NBA Finals, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't run the risk of of having him out because look, I think, all things being equal, I think Boston has probably come out of the East.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Anything can happen. The Knicks could bounce back, and and and but it's gonna be your team right now, especially if Winby doesn't come back.
Speaker 2: I don't see nobody beating Okay, see, I just don't.
Speaker 4: Man, when you think about it, it's gonna be the healthiest team.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Whos gonna be the healthy team when it comes down to who makes it to the Eastern Conference Final, Western Conference Finals, and then who ultimately makes it to the finals. Man, if you hobbling in the finals, bro, it's gonna be tough. Man, It's gonna be tough. Bro, It's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: And but no, he looked good. I mean he was he was his own one. Now he was on two or three. Shit, he wasn't playing tonight.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, y'all, y'all gonna like y'all ain't gonna do nothing. And the man scored. He looked up and the like, man, they got this dude on, like he can stop me. Man, y'all was playing in my face.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hey, and you know, and you know what it's like when you know a guy kind of knows your game because they play on the same national team together, you know, so you be you kind of comfortable because you got a familiarity to his game. Man, that shit don't mean nothing to shame. He out there like, look, Dylan, I like you. I like I like how you but uh look yeah, he looking over the at his teammates, like, come on, y'all see its right him.
Speaker 1: He's probably saying, you know what, if you want my countryman, I want to drop fifty. I mean, the forty two is one thing, but a fifty piece in the playoffs that takes you get to a whole new level.
Speaker 2: So you better be glad.
Speaker 1: I ain't hit you with the fifty, But if you keep talking crazy, I give you one of them next day.
Speaker 2: I give you one of them in game four. In game four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one thing about it when it comes to the great players regards of sports you play. You can watch as much film as you want to. You can study it, you can know the game. You can play on the same team with them, like you say, Dylan Brooks and God damn SGA play together and you can know his game. But when it comes time to play for real, some people you just don't have an answer for no matter what.
Speaker 4: No, hey, I'll tell you what, Phoenix better come out with a better game plan. If I'm Phoenix, I might even throw that double SGA.
Speaker 3: Do he gonna get up out of that anyway?
Speaker 2: Well, well, damn Ojo, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 4: Versus just let him size me up the whole game and a damn do what he won't, you know, have me at his mercy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 4: He too good for you to sit there and play and with one defender, you know what I mean? You I mean, yeah, I know these other dudes around him can make shots, but I make him make shots. Our rotations gotta be on point, bro, You got you gonna have to show me you feel me, right? Yeah, you gotta. Hey, we gotta have these rotations on point. But we just can't let this dude out here just go forty and fifty.
Speaker 1: Do you believe there's another guy on their roster currently right now that could go get for forty points.
Speaker 2: But okay, see yes.
Speaker 1: Naha, okay, out of his hand and make somebody else go get it.
Speaker 3: Forty points at that that efficient.
Speaker 2: I don't give it down. You gotta be that efficient.
Speaker 1: I mean, ain't a handful of guys in the NBA currently can get that kind of number on that kind of official So no, I'm just saying period.
Speaker 2: But hey, they bench good though.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, you only had one guy in double figures off the bench, and that was Caruso. But the mother guy's pitching in six, seven, eight points like those big points.
Speaker 2: You feel me like they got a lot of guys from points. Yeah, the other team got twelve. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When these dudes come in, boy, hey they ain't. They ain't gun shot now.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no letter rip Joe.
Speaker 2: But the but the coach gives them, gives them the confidence that they can shoot a shot and I'm not gonna take you out even if it's a bad shot.
Speaker 4: Because you know why, as long as yo ass defending, I ain't tripping by the offense, and we're gonna that's gonna take care of itself. This defense end down here. That's when we got to sit in this chair, communicate and make sure our defense fuels our offense so we can get out and get easy baskets. I think they've been the best team at that all year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now the football, The Cleveland Brown selected Arkansas quarterback Tailing Green in the sixth round, number.
Speaker 2: One eighty two.
Speaker 1: They became the first team in fifteen years to take three signal callers in two draft two drafts. Fan Green joins the quarterback room currently holding Shador Sanders, Deshaun Watson, and Dylan Gabriel. The six foot five, two hundred and twenty seven pound Green had a record breaking performance at the combine. He ran four to three six, the fastest for our quarterback since two thousand and three. He also posted the best marks in the vertical jump forty three and a half the standing long jump eleven foot two inch. Green accounted for seventy two hundred and forty seven yards and two seasons at Arkansas, the second most in SEC since twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I got a question. I got a question real quick.
Speaker 4: So if you, if you Deshaun Watson, Dylan Gabriel, Sanders, how do you feel about this pick.
Speaker 2: Look they brought they got here, six round pick.
Speaker 1: I guess they're like the measurables, because if you thought that much of him, you just selected him earlier. Me, I'm going to compete every year they bringing somebody in to take somebody position. Yeah, now maybe it wasn't. Maybe it wasn't. I wasn't on the chopping block. My position wasn't on the chopping block last year with Joe. But I know at some point in time, guess what They're gonna bring somebody in to replace my ass?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey, I'm saying teams don't care. No damn Folk quarterbacks. Dudey No.
Speaker 1: The last time I can remember, we mentioned the Patriots dead Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: That was the last time I can recall four active quarterbacks. You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't court fig. Nobody's carrying for active quarterbacks now. Because you want that guy to be a swing offensive alignman, a wide receiver. Normally, that guy is gonna have to be able to play. You're gonna have to be able to play special teams. It's just not enough position. I mean, the quarterback don't give you any value other than playing quarterback. He's not gonna play special teams. He's not gonna play defense. So more times than not, the extra guys is gonna have to do more than one thing. Hey, you have to play outside, play the slot. You have to play special teams. Wide receiver. Can you play outside? Can you play the slot? As a dB? Can you play outside? Can you play the slot?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Offensive lineman? Can you play center? And guard? Can you play guard? Tackle?
Speaker 1: It's just too valuable. I don't care. I'm going to compete. All I know is that I'm gonna make this team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: I mean honestly, I mean, the the tests and the numbers, they look good. Obviously they wild those that are scouts, those that are gms, but obviously it has to be able to translate to the god damn football field as well. If they thought, you know of him the way mostly probably view it. I mean, there's nothing, there's nothing to worry about. You know, Deshaun is gonna be the starting quarterback. We already know that and probably probably damn sure do is gonna be. It's gonna be the backup. Now, bringing someone on like that and allowing him to develop and see how fast he can catch on and maybe then maybe then I'm not saying he would be the starter, but just continue to groom yourself and get better and develop as a quarterback, and you can use those intangibles that you that you tested with, you know, in the preseason, we'll see what they look like.
Speaker 2: Damn. I think he's probably more of a project than anything. Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: I think he's wraw bring him in and treat him like they did Cordiel Stewart. They threw Cordial the ball, the ball. He got that kind of speed. Yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 4: What happens, What happens if he plays in the preseason. I'm talking about he look Immaculin out there.
Speaker 3: Hey Joe, that's preseason. Boy. Ain't nobody out there.
Speaker 2: And ship you still trying? You still try it out for thirty something.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. I'm just saying, Joe. In the preseason, none of them boys bought them britt the boys they oh Joe.
Speaker 4: But when you came into the NFL, you can attested this too. Hell, I can attest to it. I didn't give a damn.
Speaker 2: My rookie year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, preseason or not, boy, I was out there trying to show what I could do.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm plays I'm gonna bust somebody ask for sure.
Speaker 3: Right, But I'm just saying. I'm just saying, Joe watching a rookie go in in the preseason and thinking you're gonna be able to judge him, and what are you gonna be be doing the regular season? But he's not playing against the ones and the ones that's actually gonna be out there on Sundays at one o'clock. I take that with a grain of salt. Joe, I take him, And then I was gonna say then, also defensively, Joe, everything the team's run in the preseason, it's so vanilla, Cover one, cover three, cover full, nothing exotic, you know, no no blitzes, no, I mean no, every everything is very bland. So I would I would take anything i'll see in the preseason, especially from quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that I want to see him and I understand he's young, he's wrong, but I like the measurable six five twenty seven. He has excellent speed, he has excellent size. Let's see if we get him now, he's only gonna have four weeks to prepare. But do we see enough that if we keep him under our umbrella for a year he can get acclimated to our system. Do we see down the road him being viable for us? Because I just can't look right now. I gotta project, I gotta sometimes. I gotta project him sometimes don't. That's how they do. It's like, Okay, maybe he's a year away, maybe he's two years away, but he has measurables. He has things that we can't teach. I can't teach you how to be six or five. I can't teach you how to run someb for for I can't teach you to have this god given athletic ability.
Speaker 2: You're born with that.
Speaker 1: But what I can teach you is how to change your mechanics and throw the football. I can get your body under control so you can throw the football more accurately. So I think that's what they're gonna look at. I know that's what they look at in the preseason. That's what got be because they looked at me, and it's like, damn, look how big he is. He's a willing he's a willing attacker, he's a willing blocker. We can find something for him to do in the meantime until he figures it out.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's so funny too, is you look at scouts and they use all these numbers, they use the combine, and really it really means nothing. Joe, What does the film look like? When you turn the goddamn film on? What does the player look like? You can measure, you can jump out the gym, you can you can run a Fox two four one all that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what do you look like when I turn the film on? How can you make an impact on my team? How can you make my franchise better at said position that you play?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: That's all it comes down to, you know, I mean it's it's really cool time. I mean, running good, jumping high, doing the cone drills and all that. Sometimes if it's very good, you'll you'll climb up the draft board. You climb up the draft board, you know, and you you become what they call a steel But the film don't lie, Joe film.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is what he has is ishu that teams don't care about it. The quarterback. They don't care that you run for for They don't care. You got a forty three is vertical because the where are you gonna leave?
Speaker 2: Use it?
Speaker 1: You gonna be Walter Payton and jump on the top. So now, if he's a wide receiver and had those measurables, he the DBS, he's gonna be in the top three rounds with thosebles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but getting past the third round.
Speaker 1: If you're a wide receiver, you and you six' five and you rub sub for four with a forty three and a half inch vertical and eleven or two broad, jup you not getting out of the first three.
Speaker 2: Rounds absolutely.
Speaker 4: Not, NOW i think if he, can if he can figure it out and his processing skills are great though un, Ocho yes about, THAT i think having a dual, quarterback, hell dual quarterbacks and in, now yeah you know WHAT i. Mean so, yeah if his processing skills are, GREAT i think he'll have a. Chance LIKE i was saying, Earlier, yeah, hell he might not be with The, browns but, hell IF i get in the, PRESEASON i showed some. Promise, YEAH i know some team will take a chance on me in and bring me in as a third, quarterback you know What i'm saying or, Something, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah or put me on the practice. Squad All i've tried to.
Speaker 1: Do the LONGER i can stay and playing and get a the somewhere system THAT i can Learn ojo And, joe the Better i'll. Be to, think the problem is it's easier to get in the league and stay than get out and try to get back. In so my thing is is, That, okay Maybe i'm not on The, browns but at some point in TIME i want somebody, like you know, what let's bring this kid. In, yeah and let's let's see it might be a. Situation what was the dude From? Arkansas y'all had another? Dude he was a? Quarterback Oh, joe you, remember and he ran the he switched. Positions the tall white Kid Matt, Jones, yes play With. Jacksonville he won the quarterback just like, this six foot, six he ran four.
Speaker 2: Four he went the first round of the wide. Receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah he played on the basketball team. Too oh any, FACT i know exactly talking about kay, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay so my thing is is That i'm doing EVERYTHING i possibly can because at least at least give me an opportunity to play the quarterback. Position but if you don't THINK i could play quarterback and it doesn't work, OUT i bove my ass the wide.
Speaker 2: Receiver, yeah, yeah the, sticking the stay, around, Yeah hell, yeah looks takes some hill tast some.
Speaker 1: Hill was a quarterback at me y You, yeah he got him about eight years in THE.
Speaker 2: Nfl do? It, What?
Speaker 1: Ojo he hand the ball, Off he threw a few, passes he caught a few, passes he got the special.
Speaker 3: Teams, yeah and he's in the Right he's on the right, team in the right system that knows how to use.
Speaker 1: Him hold on to the. Feelings this is. It i'm only gonna do, That, Okay, yeah that's, Him. Joe give me an opportunity to play the. Position IF i don't play it well, enough you THINK i can't make the team AND i need to. Switch at six foot, FIVE O, joe you realize This? Megatron, yeah he ran. Faster he ran faster Than.
Speaker 3: Megatron, yeah but we got to slow down.
Speaker 1: Now But i'm, saying But i'm saying the, measurables, Oh, ojoe at that point in, Time i'm looking at measurables, now.
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah he tell me HOW i much teach how to teach somebody to be six y? Five you. Can't how DO i teach somebody to run four three?
Speaker 3: Six? That you can't do? Either what About?
Speaker 2: Joe what about? That vertical.
Speaker 1: Joke mm, HMM i teach you how to can't son keep you on the. Ball, hey look, here try to pick the ball up at the quarterback. Hand it's quick as your possibly can.
Speaker 3: And you know it's so much.
Speaker 2: More, hey go down.
Speaker 1: There and work With you're gonna try to tell you keen roll to, twelve be able to drop You, No, no keep your hand straight a pretend that there's a line that has your face masks and it's pulling you. Forward SO i don't want you to do this and tipt your route because THE dv gonna jump. It so you got something pulling your your face. Mask you got a string that's pulling your face. Masks you keep that head pointed downfield as long as you possibly, can.
Speaker 2: And then you and come up out of.
Speaker 4: There, yeah he got his foot in the. Door that's.
Speaker 3: It, hey, listen sometime That, joe that's all you. Need, joe that's.
Speaker 2: It that's.
Speaker 3: Sometime that's all you. Need but and you know, what you know what ELSE i? Do, LIKE i know a lot of, players especially coming out of, college they're going to be upset about where they got. DRAFTED a lot of a lot of players, felt OH i should have went first. ROUND i should have went second. ROUND i should have went. Third, OH i went. Undrafted it doesn't matter where you. GOT i mean to some it matters where you get. Drafted only for, Money, yeah but for that for that reason obviously the. Money But, joe it's gonna be so eye, opening right that them thinking they're better than they actually are until they see how good and how far you got to. Go once the ones get there already, Know, Hey joe's eye. Opening it's it's it's different because you Think i'm this, good and to the ones that are the starters show up and you see what you're supposed to really look. Like then you get then you then you get a better. Understanding, Okay i'm Not i'm not WHERE i really THINK i am people WHERE i need to.
Speaker 2: Be, hey you're talking about them guys who show up who got? Kids, hey, yeah Hey, joe who got families to? Feed they know Ontle.
Speaker 1: Ben they got a Rolls roy got a million dollar. Home then about mom of half a million dollar, home and then they got their sister called it That, yeah yeah them.
Speaker 2: Different bill is. Different Terrell pride, O, Joe, Yeah Torel pride was a.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, yeah moved wide Receiver cleland and had a thousand yards with. Season yep did even though THEY i ain't gonna say, nothing but they know they did any. Wrong the only guy who's ever had did something in college that got held against him when he came in the. League he got suspended. Person BUT i don't even talk about. It i'm in enough trouble. Already The brown's head, Coach Todd munket seemed a little mit at the media after getting asked About Shador sanders And Deshaun watson right after THE Nfl. Draft let's take a listen to what Mister monket had to.
Speaker 2: Say this IS meni, camp.
Speaker 5: Just the first ONE i go to.
Speaker 3: See so can, YOU i, mean can you kind of share how.
Speaker 2: How Did deshaun and and chadur and. Doing, look and.
Speaker 5: We just couldn't get past the draft and get right on to back The anybody got some miles questions too while we're at. IT i, mean, hell we're just you, know here at. Night first, OFF i addressed the. Question first of, all it was awesome three. Days the weather was unbelievable to get out on the grass and pump the music and get fired up being, together and the neighbors complained and we didn't, care and we pumped up the music. Louder if they don't like, it they can. Move what even that was gonna? Happen but, normally, normally, GUY i mean if the. Draft the draft just ended, today so normally, okay talk about your first, Ride, dreft talk about your draft. Picks what do you like?
Speaker 1: Xyz now you probably talked about the first, rounders had d you, know the first two or three yesterday and now? Today how did you fill out your? Roster do you like what your? Guy is there any other addition that you're probably gonna? Make is there anybody that you're gonna bring? In are you gonna bring this or are you gonna bring? That you should have asked him about the mini camp when you had him in. Manicamp they try to be. Sneaky they're trying to sneak some secret questions and they keep you catch what his pass down to KETCH themb guard and ask a question and then he's you, know he's putting in his mouth.
Speaker 3: And you know, What it's always gonna be a story To Uncle, joe especially When Sean watson coming. BACK i mean you got you you understand the storm and the questions that come with the, door you, know still being there obviously To, sean and they're gonna be a back and. Forth it's gonna be it's gonna create a dialogue and it's going to be a conversation throughout the entirety of the. Season. Yeah so it's it is what it. Is they got to be ready for. It they got to be ready for. It the quarterbacks themselves also have to be. Ready they're gonna try to do their, best depending boys against each, other you know how it, is asking certain questions you shouldn't be, asking trying to trip them, up to give, them to get them to say something they shouldn't, say and bait him into saying something so they can use his is a. Quote you, know they will flip your words around real face if you're not.
Speaker 4: Careful, WELL i just think you, know from a fan, perspective, bro everybody wants to know the quarterback. Situation we understand they addressing needs they. Got can we get the trading? Camp can we can we get to get everybody, Here. Joe i'm just, Saying i'm saying from from a fan, standpoint we want to know what the hell he?
Speaker 2: Thinking What joe Is, April i'm never playing. Games He'll.
Speaker 4: September, no but, hell it's gonna be out of The shawn And shure doing.
Speaker 3: Like No, joe you know who is gonna be Already joe gonna start off the starting quarterback for The Cleveland. Browns is gonna be the one making forty million goddamn. Dollars he's not gonna be on the. Bench wait a, minute you're making forty million and you're. Healthy you think you know that we already. Know if you, know if you if you know, game if you know, football the man with the most money is going to be starting now if he, starts if he starts, playing if he starts playing bad on you know you're going in the game, five game, six and you're, losing then the change is made.
Speaker 1: Right in the mere fact that you're having to ask this. Question let you know you don't have a solid. Starter what? Team they ain't asking The rams about who their quarterback. Is they ain't asking The, patriots they're not asking The, broncos they're not asking any other. Team they're asking this because they don't have A they're not solidified at that. Position understand, that but it's only mini. CAMP i think about. It we ain't got the Main they ain'tven brought the, Rookies they ain't even brought everybody. Together they ain't even had the main the main mini. Camp, oh, yore that's In, june which the last time that they give a chance to see you before you report back to training.
Speaker 2: Camp, well, Listen, july.
Speaker 1: You ain't talking About you ain't talking about you ain't talking about training. Camp you ain't talking about the mandatory mini.
Speaker 2: Camp hey.
Speaker 4: Listen, well if that pissed him off every time he gets his ass up there to answer some, QUESTIONS i guarantee you that's gonna be TYPIC aod.
Speaker 2: Discussion absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yes you, know you know what else gonna piss them off to is as we get closer to the, season the question from the, reporters who's gonna be your starting? Quarterback week? One that's gonna make it even. Worse but you know, how you know how you nullify that by saying who your starter? Is and god damn training camps unless they do the same thing they always do On, oh it's gonna be a quarterback. Battle, yeah the best man. Win that's another. Game that that the owner's, PLAY i mean the head coaches. Play you know who you want to? Start, like come on right, Now.
Speaker 2: Oh, JOE i gave you a plus? One who you? Bringing you had decided? Yet you know What i'm.
Speaker 1: SAYING i, MEAN i, Know i'm just saying it could be actually could. Be why Now i'm just saying for, Cambody i'm just saying. Faiciously i'm just, SAYING i give it your a plus. One oh, yo who you coming? With you ain't you know you ain't show, Yet but you don't start with something. Right so they, saying look, up somebody gonna be out.
Speaker 2: There we. Haven't we we're not certain who that somebody.
Speaker 1: Is but guess, what we gotta try to let mores out there when they kick it. Off, yeah, yeah you'll see where they come. Out you'll see you'll see uh when they tried it out. There you, know, look somebody gonna lead. It you know it's gonna be what we. Get Should door didn't take any snaps. Today dylan took a lot of snaps With Joe. Flacco Should door's, working Should door's just throwing off to the side by, himself you know how this thing?
Speaker 3: Go and then the funny. Back they play right into the. Circus the gym and the owner and the head coach play right into the circus because if you answer the question right away from the, beginning then you don't have to deal with the. Question, Though Goddamn, Mark.
Speaker 1: No guess what El? Joe IF i answer? That what led you to this? Decision when you haven't seen any of them practice against each other with nobody out there going against live. Competition you, see you, see all you did was see what you did ON. Yoa you invited another question just about doing what you. Did Heyst that's how they walk you into a.
Speaker 3: Trap BUT i rather that than having to hear the same question over and over and over and over until it's tell to you until your. Answer who's gonna be A week one? Starter and you, know you know what they gonna do when it comes to the, Preseason deshaun gonna start one, game then you do it gonna, Start then they're gonna Theyn they're gonna they gonna have a whole roll out like as a goddamn album release party and have everybody guessing who's gonna Start week, one knowing good and well That shaun is gonna be the starter based on the amount of money he's making going into the.
Speaker 1: Season, YES i agree with, you but what but now me opening that door now every, time every day of, practice What i'm gonna? Get how does your door look? Today has your? Door has your door done anything to Overtake? DeShawn deshan had a bad, Day are you looking at your door to replace?
Speaker 2: Him DeShawn had a good?
Speaker 1: Day they look this is not going away for the simple fact is that you know the fans want your door to. Start they've got a lot of, money like you, said tied up Into, sean and they's, like at least let me try to get. Something let me try to recoup some value out of What i've already. Spent you're not gonna get it back Unless DeShawn lead them to the Super. Bowl that's the only way he can repay what he's what they've already paid. It you just have to be careful because they're gonna be. Unrelenting THEY i got yold. Man ain't nobody want to talk about The Cleveland browns had Miny icap had practice? TODAY i need a story that ain't NO i. NEED i need STORIES i need people don't need to read the paper anymore. Anyway why, so guess, WHAT i gotta create a. Story, now what are people reading on the internet right? Now there are two things people reading on the. Internet they got to do with, sports but it damn sure ain't got to do about the game being. Played if you know how this, Go we're up been at this thing a long. Time we've been on this, side we've been on the other. Side so two stories going. On it ain't nothing about shooting no basketball or catching the football or throwing no. Football those are the two biggest thing Going go look and see what's.
Speaker 4: TRENDY i know exactly what you're talking, about is what it.
Speaker 2: Is, YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Am SOMETIMES i WISH i was entertainment tonight SO i could talk about other, stuff BUT i.
Speaker 2: Can't we.
Speaker 1: Ain't that is what we do over. Here we, say you don't want to be. Messing, nah, DOC i don't. CARE i MEAN i. WOULD i would literally need to care enough to really to really.
Speaker 2: Care right. RIGHT i, know they grown what they want us to.
Speaker 1: Do they like me like night camp is mad and like we counselors or. Something people got on me with The Michael. Beasley, ok it's not educated enough he's not smart enough to handle this. Conversation my job is not to understand. It my job is to ask. QUESTIONS i didn't interrupt. IT i didn't try to SAY, X y AND z Because i'm not a clinical, psychologist and neither are. You let him tell his. Story that was his, Story that's what he went. Through my job was allow him the space where he felt comfortable O jo And joe to share his story that is HIS i was not there now all of a, sudden y'all wanted me to do? This and why this any other? Time y'all don't want me to interrupt? It y'all picking you what y'all want me to.
Speaker 2: Do he's.
Speaker 1: Emotional he had a lot going on in this. Plate he explained it to you by A i. FELT i felt a lot of this, stuff he. Asked i'm talking about actly what he was talking. ABOUT i understand what it's like to be. HUNGRY i understand what it's like to have a not a dominant male figure in your.
Speaker 2: Life i'll get.
Speaker 1: THAT i had my, brother but he wanted his, father and what his mother told him wasn't what the father relayed to. Him so he had a resentment towards his mother when he's trying to work through the work through that she. Died NOW i didn't really get a chance to make amends for. That my, coach WHO i thought was my father figure in my, LIFE i had to repay him everything that he had done for me in my.
Speaker 2: Childhood.
Speaker 1: Damn so he felt like everybody that he had the most trust in betrayed.
Speaker 2: Him NOW i got a wall. UP i don't know who to trust.
Speaker 1: NOW i try to tell you what's wrong With you're, Like i'm telling, you but that ain't what you. Tip that ain't what's wrong with. YOU i just told you what was wrong with. ME i told You i'm. Hungry you telling ME i got a damn. Headache, yeah it's a hunger. Pain SO i understood. Exactly but my job was not to try to be Doctor. Ruth my job wasn't trying not to try to be doctor Laws. Lessinger my job was to ask questions to try to get him to go in detail of why this tru what is the?
Speaker 2: TRAUMA i don't.
Speaker 1: Know LIKE i, SAID i have never heard Of Michael beasley interview everybody that's been on my. SHOW i never watched them on any other shows BECAUSE i don't want it to dictate WHAT i. Ask, now there might be some questions that that are similar to other podcasts that he's been, on BUT i think that's the thing that we do At Club shaysha is that we try to go as deep as we possibly. Can and what does everybody always, Say, oh you did your? Homework, hum, yeah, okay, Yes so all this He's i'm not smart, enough he's not willing to have this. Conversation, actually he's sitting across for me from, me so CLEARLY i was willing to have this. CONVERSATION i don't know what you wanted me to, say Because i'm not a professional in that. Field love of somebody's, FACE i think got people open up to, me you know, why BECAUSE i don't interrupt them AND i don't judge.
Speaker 2: Them, yeah.
Speaker 1: You come To club Shay, shay you sit across from, me you get to. Determine, now sometimes they're telling us, say, LOOK i only got sixty, MINUTES i only got sixty five, MINUTES i got ninety, minutes, Okay but for the most, part they's, like, HEY i got as much time as you. Need you're not gonna be, interrupted and you're not gonna be. Judged what did he? Say they wouldn't listen to, him and they judged. Him he told, you he, SAID i kept trying to reinvent. Myself that's WHY i kept cutting my. HAIR i kept trying to change who y'all THOUGHT i. Was he told, you he was telling you. Everything all you do is, listen but see a lot of, times see the difference is is that you guys listen to. RESPOND i was listening to understand what he was trying to. SAY i, FULLY i, TOTALLY i THINK i got the gist of what he was trying to. Say he said some very interesting things he. Said you know what he, Said my mom told me how not to get in. Trouble your mom told you not to get in. Trouble that's a.
Speaker 3: Bar.
Speaker 1: WOW i had to come. Home IF i came, HOME i couldn't come home and just have something for. MYSELF i had to bring something for.
Speaker 4: Anybody, yeah when you're talking about that, Pizza, yeah.
Speaker 1: You don't know what it is like when you have to grow up and be a man before your, Time because it. Real what Was Michael jackson searching? For he never got a chance to be a. Child so that's why he built Never. Land, yep he wanted to go back and grab something that he never got a chance to be a part, of which was a. Kid jesus, LIKE i never got a chance to be a. KID i had to grow up. Immediately and.
Speaker 2: It's so much.
Speaker 1: TALENT i, mean you can feel the, pain you can see the. Hurt just listen to and. Talk listen to, understand don't listen to. Respond BUT i didn't feel that was my. PLACE i wasn't trying to diagnose. Him oh, you what WAS i laughing? About there were situations in there with you know that THAT i thought was. Funny sometimes you try to break the. MOVE i would, ask if we, paused we don't see. That he's, like, NO i don't want. TO i DON'T i don't want. TO i don't want to CLEAN x just let me cry M. M i thought he was very. OPEN i thought he was very. CANDID i thought he was very. Forthcoming he, said, Yeah i've made some. Mistakes say you judge my decision not knowing the choices THAT i. Had that's what We Oh. Joe we had the conversation a couple of years. AGO i, said you when you judge a man by where he's standing when you don't know where he came, from.
Speaker 2: What he overcame just to get. Here how long did it take? Him m, hm he, said that's what y'all, do y'all judge WHAT i. Did y'all didn't know the choices THAT i was.
Speaker 1: Given everybody says what they will or won't do until they're in a situation and you have to make a. Decision now you know what you will or you won't do because you don't. Know, Oh iua did, This, OKAY iuda did? That.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah you don't know how strong you are until you gotta be.
Speaker 2: Strong thank.
Speaker 1: You, see people look at Strength joe as being able to lift. Weights strength is overcoming something that you didn't think you, could.
Speaker 2: And that's where strength come. FROM.
Speaker 1: Mm the problem is is that y'all don't get an opportunity to see what takes place before or after.
Speaker 2: All y'all go. By is what y'all see on.
Speaker 1: Camera y'all don't know the conversations that we have before the camera's role or after the camera's. Role all y'all talking about you be a messy y'all don't Realize i've already we've already had a. Conversation is there anything that you don't feel comfortable talking? About some, says, HEY i WISH i prefer not to go. Here Some i'm an open book With i'm, here you got. Me whatever you want to talk, about let's talk about.
Speaker 2: It but, again.
Speaker 1: You judge my decisions on not to DO X y zo to do something with not knowing the choices THAT i was. Given there's a lot more to it than just, oh he's just reading a que. Card so, no it doesn't go like. That it has to be you, know he have to be a get a start. In you got, Comfortable you get hear him or her, comfortable and then they'll open up as long as they don't feel you're judging them, right long as you're not cutting them. Off that's why the, interviews most of my interviews look at co. Shit they two, hours two, fifteen two thirty two forty three, hours just let you. Talk you came. Here they didn't come to hear my. Voice All i'm gonna do is read your, accolades ask you a. Question they came to hear you tell your. STORY a lot of people know, mine and this is not the platform for me to tell my. Story this is the platform for you to tell your. STORY i allow them to tell their story uninterrupted and without. Judgment i'm shouting, sharp AND i hope you had a great evening