Speaker 1: This is live Coveragehop the twenty twenty six Steelers Training Camp or the Steelers Audio Network, presented by bud Light, Easy to Drink, easy to enjoy, and brought to you in part by Always Safe Flagging and Traffic Control making traffic Safe Again called four one two three oh one twenty three hundred, or visit us online at awsafe dot net for a quote today by FedEx the new power move independence health System expert Care here. Remax Select Realty Visit Remax Select Pittsburgh dot com. The Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania visit go Laurel Highlands dot com. The Steelers Pro Shop visitshop dot Steelers dot com and buy Caliente Pizza and Drafthouse.
Speaker 2: Our number two of the drive here on campus where the tarp is finally all rolled out over the field. Now, Matt, they put some weights on this thing. I always love like all the different stuff that they used to weigh the tarp down. Yeah, Like they'll drive a couple of carts out there, They'll put some whatever, some tackling dummies, whatever you can find. I'm surprised, uh that you know that they're not asking us to bring the com recks are broadcast machine down there, as as our guy Stephen Finnerty of the video department is now walking up the bleachers here to grab some stuff. Steven, do I need to put his age out there? That might be kind of.
Speaker 3: Well, he just turned a magic number.
Speaker 2: He just had a birthday a couple of hours and it's it's a number that's not half a century. Yes, there you go, that's a good way to put it. It's the number that Ryan Shazier used to wear. Yeah, and they got him out there pulling tarps and stuff. I mean, come on, he's got his seniority at this point. Big shout out to Stephen for doing his part. And the entire crew out there now. They're putting sleds and dummies and carts and everything that they can find concerned.
Speaker 3: So we have three tarps out there. All three of them are different sizes on one another. Look like that left of the long edges all the same all these areas.
Speaker 2: Look at Irish Craig's pointing up at us. He's like, place up the cross.
Speaker 3: But I wonder about the seams. There has to be a lot of water that gets in between these, I would think, because they don't overlap at all.
Speaker 2: I would think so.
Speaker 3: And then not only do they not overlap, they don't quite reach one hundred and twenty yards. I mean, there's like five yards in the back of the left end zone that are totally uncovered.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious. The one back end zone, as you're right, about five yards not covered. Other than that, most of everything else is covered. But there is, as you mentioned correctly, there's a few little holes in the tarp.
Speaker 3: Of course. And then and that's something I get the live with. There's gonna be a hole here.
Speaker 2: Sure, and then there's some seams that aren't maybe as tightly compacted as you want them. But I will also say though that I'm sure anything is better than just letting a torrential downpour happen. His Matt's knocking trying to hey, rolling stones, can't you hear me? Knock it? Everybody? Yeah? Oh, I wish we were live streaming this right now. I wish TV had this on video right now. This would be fantastic. Guys Alec and Jason from video or walking over here, we'll see see if see if we can get their attention.
Speaker 3: To I definitely want to get Alex's attention.
Speaker 2: Jason's laughing. Oh man, working hard or hardly working.
Speaker 3: A lot of those guys are avid drive drive listeners, so they'll be uh, they'll get their credit. This is their moment, this is their moment of glory.
Speaker 2: Well done, Well done, gentlemen. Four and a half gold stars for every one of you. We'll see you Sharky's later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll buy you a cold one for there's somebody should buy for giving us some content.
Speaker 2: Dude, the best is all right, real quick, and then we'll and then we'll get into some fantasy football focus here for the four and a half hour if we have to. But this is tarp Nation Radio, after all, everyone I think knows or at least anyone that's ever been to a football practice or youth football or anything that's still down here banging on the glass trying to get everybody's in.
Speaker 3: They slow to get up these steps. Man, he's another one a little older than the rest.
Speaker 1: Matt.
Speaker 2: This is like the equivalent to me of like sitting front row at a hockey game and like the players are out there warming up and you're trying to bang on the glass. Hey, hey, hey, come here, look at me. Looks like what's the matter when the penalty box. Yeah, we open this window right here, is this thing slide open? Hey, make sure you listen to the drive later. We're talking about all you guys right now. How good a job you're doing. We love the video guys there. We spend We spend a lot of time with those guys, this time.
Speaker 3: Every Thursday with them. Yeah, they're good dudes.
Speaker 2: And putting in some some real graft, some real work down there to get these these tarps all rolled out over the last man, they were at it for about seventy minutes, dragged little over.
Speaker 3: An hour would be a much worse shape by I need I need oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, power raide, and I need some electrolytes and a nap after all that. I do love how they're we got everything out there, Matt. I know it's not blocking sled. I don't know if there's even a term for it. But again, anyone who's ever been to a football practice, even if it's youth football, you know those things that they use for offensive linemen to work to stay low.
Speaker 3: They come out of the shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got the shoot dragged out onto the field.
Speaker 3: All these there's a lot of tackling dummies.
Speaker 2: Are tackling dummies one, two, three, four, follow the seven, eight, nine different carts that are out on the tarp.
Speaker 3: They can pull the Portageohn's out there.
Speaker 2: They might, they might. They've got the Catorade big Gatorade machine on wheels that's out there. This is pretty impressive. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I know, by the way. The skies are getting dirt.
Speaker 2: Yes they are. They get a little ominous, Matt. When you and I are out of here in about what an hour and forty five minutes or so, I have a feeling and drink. I have a feeling you and I are getting drenched. Walking back to the car.
Speaker 3: You might have to find one of the garbage bags at the bottom of steps. Oh not a bad move, right, That's a real good movie later just drenched.
Speaker 2: There's also a little storage room back there in the corner. I wonder if maybe we couldn't borrow, borrow I'm not gonna steal it. I wonder if we could borrow an umbrella. We'll bring it back tomorrow, exactly right, Matt. We earlier in camp did some fantasy football like beware do not draft list stuff. Yeah, yeah, you know, and not to say that those guys are bad players shouldn't be on a fantasy team, but guys that are gonna be overdrafted potentially. Let's look at the other side of that equation right now and guys that are going to be under We're.
Speaker 3: Starting to really get some target players the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: To start with the quarterbacks. We'll go through the positions here. Few quarterback names listed on here. Number one is brock Party.
Speaker 3: Always underrated. He was the He scrambles more than you think, he runs more than you think. They they throw a lot of touchdowns, like as good as McCaffrey is, a lot of his touchdowns are exceptions. Yeah, and now he's got Evans and you know, a full slate of you know, pretty good weapons. They all have some kind of question or age or injury issue. But that offense always puts up points. And I was guilty of it earlier his career. He's just a better player than everybody realizes. He's not a cute story because he was mister irrelevant. He's a good quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you can get a pretty cheap you sure can't. And uh yeah, just two years ago he was the number six fantasy football quarterback and uh and has some really great targets and they throw the football a ton Who are you trying to distract down there?
Speaker 3: And I was bugging the three video guys who are buds here on the left. So they're dragging the.
Speaker 2: Just they just needed some air, yeah, before they low And then they have to take another set of stairs, another set of stairs up to the dorm. And so they're like stopping halfway for a lie down. They're just admiring their work. Matt number two on this list for quarterbacks, they're.
Speaker 3: Actually bailing out. I mean, there's still work to be done down there.
Speaker 2: It's true, they could be. They could be dragging some dragging some of these tackling dummies.
Speaker 3: Backling dummy from like one hundred yards away, drag that thing over here and stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what, when we get back here tonight in the middle of the downpour, we might have to pour some soap on that tarp and just slipid and slide. Saint Vincent Baby. Number two on this list is Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: I have mixed feelings. I mean, in some ways he gets overdrafted because he's such a great player. He hasn't been a good fantasy player for I mean a top fantasy player for quite some time.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of the argument here, is that like he's gonna be underdrafted because he's coming off the injury.
Speaker 3: And that's very possible. I mean, the fantasy community's caught up that he's not a top five quarterback anymore. And if you notice he really wisely saves his legs and is running for the playoffs. I mean that's when he really runs a lot during the regular season. He's smart and understands, and he's also coming off an injury. But I think they're gonna become much more of a run first team. I keep moving Kenneth Walker up my list in the running back list more and more. And I don't like Mahomes' receivers, so he's not really for me, So I'm not sure I can get in on that one. Then again, he could win the MVP, you know. I mean, he might throw forty five touchdowns to win the MVP and just be the best player on the planet.
Speaker 2: Our buddy Alec from the grounds crew just texted me and said, how are your guys soft hands doing up there?
Speaker 3: We played by played it.
Speaker 2: Listen, brother I've been saying this for the last hour. This is why I got into broadcasting, so I didn't have to do manual labor lions. Jared Goff number three on the list.
Speaker 3: Another one perennially underrated. I mean, I am he's rostered in.
Speaker 2: Like fifty percent of leagues last year, and that's about it.
Speaker 3: I mean he I always, always, always am going to push for the running backs that run, but like, here's the ar quarterbacks. The quarterbacks run. I apologize we're a little distracted with them.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on in front of us, and some tornado clouds rolling in matt This could be the most interesting day of camp so far.
Speaker 3: But I think Matthew Stafford ended up as like the second or third best quarterback in the league in terms of fantasy points and didn't run one bit because he threw forty five touchdowns or whatever it was. And Goff probably as good a bet as anyone to lead the league in touchdown passes this year. So what's interesting to me is, like you see all these lists and all these fantasy experts, and I think they're collectively very smart, But like Joe Burrow is going as like the fourth quarterback off the off the board behind like Lamar and May of course Josh Allen, and that makes sense because he throws a ton and he's a really good player and he's awesome receivers, but he's not a runner. And a lot of the smart analysts will be like, well, I'm just gonna take the albatrosh version of him and Dak Prescott or Jared Goff that you get like ten rounds cheaper, but could throw as many touchdowns and as many.
Speaker 2: Yards as Burrow and it's like a stock price, right.
Speaker 3: I Mean, they're awesome offenses, they're really good quarterbacks, so there really isn't that much of a difference between those guys. If you're not gonna run the.
Speaker 2: Last one, it won't hurt you.
Speaker 3: Yeff got your quarterback chance, sorry, will throw a lot of touchdowns and body yards.
Speaker 2: And you could probably get them handful of rounds later than some of those. Yeah. Yeah. And then the last ones that are like late round you know, take a chance on this guy need late Kyler, Murray Tyler Shuck and milk willis hilarious.
Speaker 3: Those are the three that I'm gonna end up with the most.
Speaker 2: Those are the ones you're trying to find.
Speaker 3: They're because they're super late.
Speaker 2: Are about Willis though, just because what's around him?
Speaker 3: But he does run big time. But he also I think is the best running quarterback in the league right now. It's such a tiny sample size. I mean, I'm gonna take him and Kyler.
Speaker 2: He's not going to be the only starting here Matt here we go.
Speaker 3: But his rushing potential is just astronomical. And if you look at him and again, tiny tiny sample size, at like fantasy points per snap, he's like Josh Allen esque because he does throw and his receiver stink. But also garbage time can't be ignored either. I mean, like when they're losing by thirty in the fourth quarter, he may give you Anxtra one hundred and twenty five yards. Sure you know, you know it's.
Speaker 2: A really good right.
Speaker 3: Oh man, everyone's done this. You're sitting there looking at fantasy squad and like, man, he has like eight points through three quarters and the Dolphins are getting destroyed and they're never on the field. Then he finishes a game with like twenty eight points and they still lose by a million. Who cares?
Speaker 2: But who cares for fantasy football purposes? That's actually sometimes the best way for it to play out. It is playing out with some rain here. It is starting still a light rain right now.
Speaker 3: That's about to pick up.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna pick up heavily, Matt. I want to continue this fantasy football focus exercise when we return. I want to get into the wide receivers and the running backs and the tight ends. I don't want to short change that here in this segment. So we will take a break now and talk a little more fantasy football when we return, a lot of moving and shaking on campus, a lot of different ground to cover here on the show. West Huler, Matt Williamson. It's the drive. It's all part of our training camp coverage Steelers Nation Radio on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is live coverage OPT twenty twenty six Steelers Training Camp or the Steelers Audio Network, presented by bud Light, Easy to drink, easy to enjoy, and brought to you in part by your neighborhood Ford Store Creator, Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, First National Bank. Let's get started remember FDIC West Shore Hole Remodeling Reimagine by Leecom Digital, Donz Appliances visit Donsappliances dot Com guaranteed lowest prices, free next day delivery, CGR Wholesale and by hoss Is Steak and Seahouse hass Is Is Hospitality.
Speaker 2: Well, folks, the weather has certainly changed here since we went to break a few minutes ago. Matt, it is coming down now. The dark clouds are rolling in, the rain is pouring down, and you and I my friend are gonna get absolutely soaked walking out of here. Yeah, about ninety minutes. Yeah, it's about a it's not far, but it's still probably about a what a five six seven minute walk down to our car something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my sprinting days are over. You can you can run without me, young pup. We'll see, we'll see where we're at.
Speaker 2: I might do a like trot depending on the walk briskly. We'll see. We'll see what kind of umbrellas are up.
Speaker 3: We might be resourceful.
Speaker 2: We can steal from storry, sorry not steal, borrow, borrow from the past. Tomorrow morning. We'll bring it back tomorrow morning. Continuing with our fantasy football focus, kind of undervalued.
Speaker 3: I bet our listeners can't even hear that.
Speaker 2: It's loud. It's yeah, dude, I'm I am. I'm not looking forward to the trek back to the car. And it's funny too, is when I was like halfway here today, I thought, I was like, you know, I should have brought a rain coat, and I didn't and it was too real, too late to return home. I remember my So twenty eighteen was my first camp, right, and uh. I remember leading up to like the days before, I was, you know, texting with our buddy Adam Crowley because you know, him and I went to college together, and we were excited.
Speaker 3: He had been here a couple of years before.
Speaker 2: It was like his thirder fourth training camp and it was my first. And I said to him, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, lightning too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was really weird. The rain just kind of stopped for a second and then quickly lightning bang. Uh. And I was basically like, tell me something that I need to know about camp that no one's told me that you know something that I need or something to bring. And he immediately text me back and was like umbrella and rain jacket. He's like, I never do. He's like, and I usually do, and this is the one time I need it and I don't have it with me, because you hold a lot. There's a lot of lightning the storms here, and.
Speaker 3: Think but I have my wife's car, which I guarantee as an umbrella in it, and I didn't even take one out of the car because I never have one in mine, because I'm not prepared.
Speaker 2: If you look down here in the end zone, like a lot of stuff is falling down right now, just like blowing left right. I was gonna say, you know, when you can see the rain moving, it's coming down, and we could see it's blowing left the.
Speaker 3: Right starting to billow, and you know right.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, we can barely see the Saint Vincent shrubbery across the way. Yeah, folks, if for some reason we're talking and things go quiet, it's because we've lost power in the press box.
Speaker 3: I don't know the real possibility.
Speaker 2: But I mean we can. We can't see the third field across the way right now, that's how heavy it's coming down. Can't see campus, can't see anything except for the tarp in front of us.
Speaker 3: Split here a little.
Speaker 2: A little bit. The American flag old glory to our right is waving.
Speaker 3: Look at that tackling dumbing too. It's gets shaken like it's getting beat up by t J. Watt.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, this is this might be one and we've seen some nasty out here, Matt.
Speaker 3: This this is prett high on the list.
Speaker 2: This might be the nast to keep an eye on your phone. We might get a we might get a one of those weather warning or or something. Matt continuing our I.
Speaker 3: Thought it was gonna happen to ord practice. So it did hold off for the Steelers at.
Speaker 2: Least it sure did. It sure did. My goodness, this is insane right now, Matt do draft lists for fantasy football. Let's talk some running backs. James Cook.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm fine with it. I mean, he's just not cheap. I mean I think he's going like in that one two round turn. I think he's very worth it. I think he's a really good player. They just extended him. It's a great offense. His role in the receiving games growing Allan will always pillage short touchdowns though it's just as cost of doing business with the bill.
Speaker 2: But he still did score like fourteen last year.
Speaker 3: That's why I think they'll go down a little little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah. Javonte Williams of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Oh h he's definitely a target player of mine. I mean, he doesn't catch the ball a ton, but he's capable. Blue is really the only guy behind him, so he's going to get a very high percentage of the carries. I think he was right around like thirteen hundred yards last year and nobody paid attention. One of the best offenses in the league, top ball carrier. I think he's being vastly underdrafted.
Speaker 2: New Houston Texans starter David Montgomery is a late round bargain.
Speaker 3: Maybe the o Lione almost has to be better. The running game almost has to be better. Nowhere to go, but up, I just worry, well two things, one's good, one bad. If I were them, I would have done more than just traded for Montgomery. I would have also used like a third round pick on a running back because I'm worried. He's not ever been the bell cow guy for Detroit. But he's not young, and he runs really, really hard. The end is nearer than you think for guys like that, you know, and if that's this year, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And guys like that usually fall off a cliff fast fast.
Speaker 3: Whenever they do, they're just their body shot.
Speaker 2: You know, generally not targeting first year players, but Seattle Seahawks rookie Judaian Price enters to a very good situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his ADP average draft positions way lower than when I started digging into this stuff. I'm like, I don't love this player. I think the people are getting too excited about him. I wouldn't take him the first round if I'm Seattle, but he's the only show in town on the super Bowl Champs Charbona is a long way away. I don't know if he'll be out there on third downs. But still, he's going way too late.
Speaker 2: Way too late, and he's the first round running back. I'll be very interested to see or when you when you send me your annual lists of fantasy football rocks where he's gonna where he's gonna land? What about formerly of this Parish, Kenneth Gainwell, he's on the list.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's a tough one for me because I think he'll get a ton of receptions and know of a similar role as he did here. But they like Sean Tucker. The Syracuse kid is kind of the short yardage dude. Bucky Irving should be their number one, but he's not for me. I've never been enamored with his abilities, and he's coming off shoulder injuries. Shoulders for running backs to me are just tough, do not touch. But I just don't know if Gainwell has a path to ever be a fantasy starter, which is kind of the problem here, Like as good as season as he had, you were never comfortable Sunday morning put him in your lineup, even though he had a good day here and there. For fantasy reasons, he had a lot of good days of Steelers.
Speaker 2: This is an interesting one. Matt JK. Dobbins on this list. Oh he's and he says he'll never appear in seventeen games in a season, but his his value is still there.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna start him to he gets hurt, and then I'm gonna cut him because he's good, right, And it's a very week to week people forget I mean fantasy. You can't look at like, what's he gonna be doing in Week sixteen. It's a very week to week proposition. So get me four to six, maybe eight games because he's gonna be productive and you can get him. That's all baked into his price.
Speaker 2: Then the last running back is Commander's newcomer Rashod White as a popular kind of late round pick because he'll be kind of a big option for them, and it is projected to have around seventy receptions.
Speaker 3: He's the pass catcher, so that part's important. He's established. I'm also getting really good reports on Alan, the Penn State kid that they drafted. I guess he had like twenty some carries last night, and krossky Merritts also had a lot of good buzz too. His name.
Speaker 2: It feels like every time around this time of year pops up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I just don't know. It's probably avoid the whole backfield for me. It just seems too himous.
Speaker 2: Wide receivers here, Matt, as we continue along this list of fantasy football guys that would be good value for your teams for your drafts. Of course, as we head closer and closer to draft season, wide receiver Justin Jefferson really gonna bounce back from that down year last year with Kyler Murray.
Speaker 3: And you would just assume that he's a slam dunk first round pick, but that's not where he's going. He's kind of going at the turn or somewhere between, like I think like ten and fifteen overall. OK, he didn't do anything wrong. I mean by no means is he declining in any way, shape or form. And we've said this so many times to the Vikings. If you just go from like the worst quarterback play in the league to average, I think he's back to being a top three fantasy receiver.
Speaker 2: Number two is Zay Flowers, to finish seventh amongst wide receivers last season despite some injuries and not the grass from Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: He's better for fantasy than you think because his target share is so huge. They just gave him money. I can't think that target share is gonna go down. Touchdowns are always his issue though. I mean, he's not built to score a lot of touchdowns and from short distance. They give it to Henry.
Speaker 2: What about Jamison Williams of the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with it.
Speaker 2: And non PPR leagues.
Speaker 3: Well that in particular, Yeah, because he's never gonna be a high volume dude. I'm fine with it. I mean at cost, I would end up with them sometimes, I'm not avoiding them. It's just I mean Saint Brown, Laporta, Gibbs, there's a lot of Mouse. There're sure there's gonna be some downweeks for him.
Speaker 2: There's sure is a couple more here Mike Evans as a late round bargain.
Speaker 3: I'm in on that. I don't see any reason to think he's about to fall off a cliff. I think that system fits him extremely well. He hand picked the Niners. He wants to be there, it's good offense. I'm fine with taking him a cost.
Speaker 2: Two more here at wide receiver position, Wandell Robinson of the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's been no good reports out of there for Ward or Carnel Tate, and I guess that should be you know, it's early. Yeah, I guess I should be expected. But if you just especially in PPR, if you just look at Wandel the last two three years, he gets the ball. His former coach had the vouch for him with the Giants coming over there as offensive coordinator. They gave him pretty good money and somebody has to catch a ball there. So he's not gonna win you the league, but he's better than where he's getting drafted.
Speaker 2: And the last one as kind of a another late round guy, but don't let him be an afterthought. Malik Washington because someone has to catch ye.
Speaker 3: No, and he's I've always liked him. I like him as a three and he's gonna be a two there, which is not ideal. But again, someone's gonna catch balls. Maybe a lot of it'll be garbage time, but the reports have been pretty good on him and Douglas the third round pick.
Speaker 2: Hey, someone, someone's got to be a target for the best players in the world. They can't just hand it to eight Chain a million times a game.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, that's the beauty fantasy or the conundrum of fans. He is not necessarily the best players score the most points tight ends.
Speaker 2: He has a couple here, Matt and one is a guy that we are fond of. It's Tucker Craft of the Packers. Yeah, because after the injury, his ADP is much lower than expected.
Speaker 3: Now that's real subject to change. I mean, I think a lot of drafters are just waiting the is he gonna be there for Week one and be one hundred percent because he's not going to play in the preseason. We didn't see him obviously a couple of nights ago. Sign me up. I mean, I think he's like my fourth tight end right now, and I might even bump him a little higher once you know that he's out of the woods, which I'm assuming he will be.
Speaker 2: What about Mark Andrews is the Ravens listed here had a disappoint He's late had a disappointing twenty twenty five, but his volume and target share will rise with Isaiah likely off to New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Henry and Andrews are the guys that get the ball near the goal line and have for years. And I don't care who the coaching staff is. I mean Lamar and whoever are going to get the ball in their hands, which hurts Flowers. And he's got that old man game where I think he fades away slow. You can get him really really late. Again. I don't think he's a league winner for you or anything like that, but I don't think he's shot either, and people are treating him like he shot.
Speaker 2: And then the last year is a three kind of late round. But quality options T J. Hawkinson, Dalton Kincaid and Hunter Henry all have low all have low ADPs.
Speaker 3: None of those have a high enough ceiling for me like that. If I'm gonna take a late tight end, especially if he's my number two tight end, and you know I have Kyle Pitts, or I have Craft or whoever like that. I'm not taking Hunter Henry. I'm looking for somebody that just has a much higher ceiling than that, like a Terrence Ferguson from the Rams.
Speaker 2: It can really run. That's just a puppy, you know, if you're gonna if you're gonna take a swing in the late round, do you want to swing for the fences.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't just need a backup. I mean I could cut that guy.
Speaker 2: Any any glaring names at any of these positions. Matt that you were like, I'm surprised this guy isn't on the list.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's a million.
Speaker 2: I know, that's kind of putting you on the spot. Yeah, I mean, if there's not one at the at the forefront of your mind, there's not one.
Speaker 3: Of the tip of my tongue. But if I mean, I was just actually fiddling with my spreadsheet today and going, boy, I moved this guy up, Move this guy up. I mean, there's Joante Williams is the one we brought up. He's somebody I moved up three or four spots just today.
Speaker 2: Too interesting. I'm excited to see that list, Matt whenever.
Speaker 3: One guy I am getting real fond of is just because all the reports are so good. Is Jonathan Brooks with the Panthers, who was a really high pick before buzz buzz. Now he's healthy, could be an every down guy. I don't think Cuba Hubbard's that hard to get past as a hurdle, and Tuba's going ahead of him, and I don't know how long that's gonna last.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long we're gonna last here.
Speaker 3: I know this is pretty nute.
Speaker 2: These lightning strikes are insane. And there's like the tin roof on the the press box here that everything kind of gets louder, gets amplified here. But we are rolling along high top Chuck Nolefield, of course, in the press box at Saint Vincent College, West Shuler, Matt Williamson. We're gonna close down this four o'clock hour on the other side, and so that means we're a twenty minutes away from getting to your questions, your comments, your concerns, your reactions, the tweets. You know where to get at us if you want to get involved with the day's proceedings. Also, if you have any idea where Matt and I can borrow Uh if you could run a good at the same time, though, should we? You know, Wolf would be smacking us in the back of the head. He'd be like, you're not going to carry an umbrella in the lightning storm?
Speaker 3: Youdinksh what's the chances famous last words, I'm out here tomorrow Williamson gets hit by late now.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, though, that would make a heck of a story for the show tomorrow. Guys, Matt's not here with us, he got struck by lightning.
Speaker 3: Well, you shouldn't worry. I mean, if we're walking together, I'm like, no, get hit.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a good But that's like the old adage of like I don't need to outrun the bear, I just need to outrun my slowest friend when we're running away from a bed.
Speaker 3: Tell you my son's snorkel story.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: We were in Turks and Caicos. It was quite a while ago, and he was like nine. I would guess something like that and not unrealistically, he kind of had a fear of sharks and we're out on a snorkel boat, and of course the guide's like there's a shark. There's a shark. Yeah, And he's like that, yeah, what are you thinking here? And there's a group of young fellas partying it up on the boat and it's party central, and he's kind of looking at them and he's getting closer to them, and then finally it's like time to go in, and I'm like, all right, but if you want me to hang with you, he's like, no, I think I'm just gonna hang here. So I jump in, wife jumps in daughter. We're all snorkeling around and we know he can swim, and we're not worried about him. There's lifeguards and all those things. So he's not with us, and he's with them. And we get back in the boat. I'm like, what were you doing. He's like, dude, I watched them. None of them can swim at all. They've been drinking all day. All I gotta do is be faster than then to the back of the boat. I'm likeably right.
Speaker 2: That you don't have to be faster than the than the predator. You just have to be faster than any of your other friends or anyone else who's running from the predator as well. Holy cow, Mat if you look down.
Speaker 3: On the right end of the f I know that swamp central all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a swimming pool over there. Man.
Speaker 3: Every year that happens at least once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. And I think it's gonna keep on raining down here. It'll be very interest to see what all this looks like tomorrow as we are in the middle of some heavy rains here in Watrow. But you will have that this time of year in this region. Weshuler, Matt Williamson. It is the drive all part of our ongoing training camp coverage. Steelers Nation Radio on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is live coverage of the twenty twenty six Steelers Training Camp on the Steelers Audio Network, presented by bud Light, Easy to Drink, Easy to Enjoy, and brought to you in part by Clearview Federal Credit Union. For every touchdown the Black and Gold Score in twenty twenty six, Clearview will donate five hundred dollars to the Light of Life Mission. Visit CLEARVIEWFCU dot org. Easy Home Exteriors, fast, reliable and affordable Schneider Downs discover the value of big thinking with a personal focus. US steel Mine, melted and made in the Usa, your neighborhood Forward Store and by the Steelers Pro shot visit shop dot Steelers dot com.
Speaker 2: Well, the good news, folks is that the weather isn't quite as violent as it has been for the last half an hour or so. The bad news is madd and I still have a while before we walk up out of here, so we could get worse subject to take get worse again. But we can once again see campus across the field, which is good. We can see the Saint Vincent shrubbery and the far field and all those good things. As it's a it's a nasty one, nasty little Sunday evening here in Latrobe. I was laughing about that with my wife this morning. Man, I was like, it's Sunday like this this time a year. Yeah. The only other next.
Speaker 3: Week I'll start to understand the days of the week again.
Speaker 2: The only other thing that I can compare it to is and I think everyone remembers this feeling, you know when you were growing up in school, you know school age, like middle school, high school, college, and you'd be on Christmas vacation or summer vacation, and like you didn't know what day of the week it Maybe you knew, like if you had a summertime job, you knew I have to work today, but the day of the week doesn't really badd And I was like, wow, it is a Sunday. Huh, it doesn't feel like a Sunday. As we are getting towards the end of this thing, and you're right, pretty soon here we'll get back on our normal routines.
Speaker 3: And then it gets to be very routine and we're very regimented, right.
Speaker 2: And you know what's funny is I used to dislike that when I was younger. I liked the willy nilly freelance. Every day, every week is different. Now I crave the routine.
Speaker 3: I say, I kind of embrace it and with you know exactly when I can do other things or you know.
Speaker 2: And I've got a four year old and a three year old at home, and so it's hard flying by the seat of your pants when you have two other human beings that you are responsible for that rely on you for well pretty much everything. Matt. Some news across the timeline here from Adam Schefter. For the second time this summer, Aaron Donald was listed as working out with the Rams on the NFL's Transaction Wire.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think that's gonna happen. I think so. I mean, it doesn't seem inevitable at this point, and there's no hurry. Again, he could even do show up in week four, but I get the impress that so I wonder like he's not padded with a RAMS helmet on in practice. I think he's like a you know, a free agent workout on the side type of thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would. I would have to be.
Speaker 3: The most unusual workout in the NFL. It's not the undrafted free agents trying to make the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you and I have seen some of those, you know, in the times that we're down on the South Side or with them with the Browns, with them with the Browns.
Speaker 3: Bring them in early in the week, and you know we've seen.
Speaker 2: Some of those, you know, when we've been walking down at the facility and practices are doing shows or whatever.
Speaker 3: You'll see guys just trying to impress and hope that the team that put him somewhere.
Speaker 2: Maybe even give him a chance on the practice squad, right right, But I think they're aiming a little bit higher than that with Aaron Donald, certainly. But it is funny, Matt, I just I didn't know that you had to list on your transaction wise that when players work out for maybe you don't have to. Maybe the Rams are just doing it to kind of tease the I think he just.
Speaker 3: Do it through the league and nobody cares and it's just not newsworthy and no one gets ever listed twice.
Speaker 2: I guess that would make sense. Matt. Let me ask you a question here a little bit bigger picture and it kind of relates to to Mike McCarthy. But there are ten new NFL head coaches in twenty twenty six. I don't mean new as in like first time head coach. I mean with a new count with McCarthy count exactly right, there are I think there's like.
Speaker 3: Twenty two new offensive play callers.
Speaker 2: That is wild. Yeah, and you've outlined that before that because a lot of those guys get jobs and move up and.
Speaker 3: So you know the Yeah, it's constantly moving, especially the offen.
Speaker 2: Moving and shaking. NFL Network Bucky Brooks did a uh a list of all ten of those coaches, ranked one to ten on who he thinks will win the most games in twenty twenty six. You want to roll through.
Speaker 3: This, does the best job necessarily.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one's not very surprising.
Speaker 3: Although McCarthy pretty high.
Speaker 2: Off the top of my head, he's he's he's got him in the front half of this list. We'll see where he falls. There's there's ten. Ten is Jeff Hafley of the Miami Dolphins. Yeah, and I think I was gonna say, no one's surprised. Mike Lafleur is nine with Arizona. I think you could argue those either way.
Speaker 3: I think Arizona is a better roster, but a much worse scheduling division.
Speaker 2: And worst quarterback play probably, I would think my most likely that's a good call by your Yeah, Arizona's roster a little more solid, but my playmakers at least you know, they're in probably the best division in football, so terrible and they are who knows Brissett Beck what's going to happen, Whereas at least Miami knows that Malik Willis is going to be the guy for them number eight.
Speaker 3: Who knows how this league works. But if both those teams lose a ton of games, you would hope the owner kind of realizes I didn't expect you to win ten games this year as your first year, Yes, coach.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure this would be the case for number eight on this list to Matt, who is Todd Monkin of the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 3: Sure, those I mean, those three are the favorites to get the first overall pick. And rightfully so, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Tennessee Titans and Robert Sala check in at seven, which I guess I understand. But I've said this to you before. I could see them being in the running for the first overall pick. But I could also see them winning six or seven games, six or sevens not being a total disaster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they with defense, and I am still really fond of the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cam wore the four with Brian Dable.
Speaker 3: Certainly he's in front of the three names mentioned already.
Speaker 2: I think there's a clear cut bottom tier there. Yeah, yeah, yeah. And this is the next group group. Number six is Klik Kubiak the Las Vegas Raiders. I don't know, man, that's a tough Division.
Speaker 3: Two and guy might have the Tennessey ahead of them.
Speaker 2: They might in terms of wins. Hey, maybe Mendoz is the guy. Maybe Cousins plays well enough to hold him off for a while, whatever the case may be. But that's a that's a tough division in a roster.
Speaker 3: Needs all work. I mean, they easily could be ero and six in the division. They're probably not gonna be favored in any of those games unless someone's opposing quarterbacks banged up or something.
Speaker 2: Number five on this list is Kevin Stefanski in the Atlanta Falcons. I think their division and their schedule certainly helps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is very steel irrelevant, but they finally got a pass rush last year and invested in it heavily, and now they're both out, and you know, like, what's about that team is they've invested so heavily in quarterback and pass rush and they're the two weakest spots of the league again, or and they're on their team again. You know, like remember when they had cousins, they drafted Panick, So we're gonna be set for ten years a quarterback.
Speaker 2: No you're not.
Speaker 3: You're a mess.
Speaker 2: Into the top for Matt and let's see how this I would.
Speaker 3: Put those two together, though, I am these other teams can win some games.
Speaker 2: I'm also kind of surprised though, that we have the Giants, the New York Giants. Yeah, but Bucky has Mike McCarthy number four and then John Harbaugh number three. Oh, come on, I cannot Matt. I can't envision a scenario. Heck, even if Aaron Rodgers missed the whole year where the Giants win more games than the Steelers neither. I just don't see that. Come on, like we are obviously we wear black and men believer. Yeah, a great higher.
Speaker 3: I think, a great higher. If the Steelers would have hired Harba, I'd say the exact same thing, you know, like, there's no way they're gonna win less than the Giants.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not. In fact, i'd say there's a better chance the Giants finish the last in their division. Yes, then they win more games than the Steelers. I don't see it. I think it is the right higher. I think carball will improve them. I think they'll be moving in the right direction, all those things.
Speaker 3: I mean, if the spread was Giants wins plus two and a half, I still might take the Steelers. I think they're like a six win team.
Speaker 2: I'll try to figure it out here, it's seven and a half games, is there is there? It's there. I would definitely definitely go under. Jackson darts already get himself and then number two on the list is Joe Brady of the Buffalo Bills Matt and that leaves that leaves Jesse Minter of the Ravens number one.
Speaker 3: I think those two stand alone. I would probably have the Bills first.
Speaker 2: Just because of what he inherits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was also there.
Speaker 2: And they've got two bad teams in their division.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it's probably four wins there, probably five in their division when you start getting through it. And I just think when you and I both kind of talked about this a little, I think Baltimore's a smidge overrated.
Speaker 2: I do too. That's why like Jesse Mentor and the raven on the top of another one of these lists.
Speaker 3: And even if the quarterbacks are equal, I'll take the Bills O line and weapons over the yes of the Ravens. Oh, the Ravens D could be decent.
Speaker 2: And there's at least I know Joe Brady is kind of wet behind the ears in this, but he knows the organization, he knows the roster. He's been there, whereas Mentor this is his first time and he's coming.
Speaker 3: I mean that was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: A lot of that for Baltimore man just rests on Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: I'll probably take the under on both those teams. I think first time head coaches. Again, you know this.
Speaker 2: I've already I told you this on the show like two months ago. When the over unders came out, I threw some I threw some money on the Ravens under eleven and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big number because I have a Buffalo's close.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Ravens are going to be trash and win seven games or anything like that. But I don't think they're going to be I'm not sure buying for the top seed in the AFC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure. I'm going to pick them to win division.
Speaker 2: I mean, they have them in the rams have the highest over under totals, and I just one of those one of those things is not like the other. Yes, yes, two hours in the books, another hour ago. You know what that means. We will lead off with your questions, comments, concerns, and reactions when we return to kick off the bonus hour of the Drive. West Euler, Matt Williamson. It's all part of our ongoing training camp coverage Steelers Nation Radio on the Steelers Audio network