Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal. I'll that for me.
Speaker 2: I'm a man, I'm forty.
Speaker 1: I've heard so many players say, well I want to be happy. You want to be happy for dake Ado State?
Speaker 3: Is that? Whoo whoom? And then and Tye, welcome back to the solid reper Boys and girls, my name is ty Hildebred, joining me as always over there in beautiful ny See my man Dan Rubinstein, Sir, how you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm great? And ty I have a connection. This isn't nautically themed to keep with the two crew, No, but before we get to the reverbs, I have a connection that I made in my head to you, to a great passion of yours and to college football, especially week twelve?
Speaker 1: Is this a long distance dedication the old Casey Cason days in a way, So you know how plane crash investigations, which I know you're into, I'm very into speaking not so much into the crash, but the investig Now, the investigations.
Speaker 4: We hope no planes go down, We hope everybody stays healthy, we hope nobody loses loved ones. I'm strictly talking about the scientific methods, so you know how they like they study pings off of satellite dishes to figure out the last known location the jock Okale. This pinged off of this It pinged off of this radar in Poland at this time, pinged off of this ship in the Arctic Circle. Blah blah blah. I've been using that same way of thinking to figure out when you go to sleep on Saturday nights, as per when you respond to my text messages about the games going on, to know what you're seeing live in the moment, what you're watching at like five twenty two am. And I am ninety three and a half percent sure you missed the second half of Baylor Oklahoma Live?
Speaker 1: The second half? How about the second quarter?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 1: How about the second quarter?
Speaker 4: Because I sent you a string of text message that if you are awake, you one hundred percent would have responded to about the Jalen Hurts and volatility experience of rooting for Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: You're an Oklahoma fan. Yeah, I'm looking at this now. No, just saw these for the first time this morning. Welcome back to the show one and all. I'm ty he's Dan. We're going to get into all of the week twelve action. A lot to discuss. A lot went down both for the good and the bad here in week twelve. All of that is certainly notable and topic worthy here on the podcast. We also want to remind you that if you haven't subscribed to the show yet, you could do so just as we get to the end of the season. Here for any new listeners who maybe aren't fully aware of what we do, we record your round. For better or worse, we record your round. We're a college football only podcast. We get weird in the off season, but we continue in the off season. So subscribe now. If you haven't already, you can do so anywhere you get your podcasts, be it Google, Apple, Spotify, Stitcher. You've heard me read off this list of places a million times, but please do subscribe if you like the show and want to give us a star rate or review. Of course, all that stuff helps, But just fyi, and just so everybody knows, even though we're getting towards the end of the season, it doesn't mean we're getting towards the end of the show, at least not, you know, for the foreseeable future. Now, Also, don't forget to subscribe to our social feeds as well. You can follow us out there on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram. There is also a subreddit at soliverble dot reddit dot com where you can continue the conversation long after we hit the stop button. Got a teeming community over ballers out there who talk.
Speaker 4: About splintering the listener base as we're spingplinter completely on Mowanna and Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: I believe it was definitely a pressure point. Yeah, it definitely was, to say the least, Shall we just jump right in with those week twelve reverbs? Oh? I'd love nothing more? Here it is, folks. You called in at four o eight verbal one. You sent messages to the reverbline at gmail dot com. Our boy, Ryan, cut those up. Here you go Week twelve reverbs. Hey guys, it's Nick and Adam and Ann Arbor and let me just say. What can I say except Jim Harbaugh owns Mark Dantonio, Hi, this is just from Hong Kong.
Speaker 3: What's not Santa Time?
Speaker 2: This is Myra from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's Nathan from Indiana.
Speaker 2: Dan Ti. This is Sean in parts unknown. It's just Kathy from Korea.
Speaker 1: Hey, Joe here, fave of Larkansas with the hogs on by. That means they could lose, right, right.
Speaker 2: It's almost Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Families are supposed to love each.
Speaker 2: Other, takes care of one another. You're not Michigan out here, just just being up on little brother being a middle child. I'm both an older brother and the little brothers, so I feel uniquely qualified to MSU that they are definitely the little brother Here go glue.
Speaker 1: This feed down to the Spartans is dare I say borderline erotic?
Speaker 2: Hi? This is Mary Kay calling in from Anna Arbor, Great Scars season Saturday, and the only thing I.
Speaker 1: Have to stay in Michigan State is I am Lowanna?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Can someone check up on Mark Dantonio?
Speaker 2: He looked really upset after the game.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the way his face always looks. It is currently thirty eight two three.
Speaker 2: My Irish are up against the midshipman.
Speaker 3: Can someone tell me where the hell this was against Michigan.
Speaker 1: This game was begging for late game James Franklin, and thankfully late game James Franklin stayed home today. Hashtag nine Indiana is still in play.
Speaker 2: Indiana played well against Penn State, but as a tough loss for them, boy bought hard.
Speaker 3: Ohio State has already let Rutgers score a touchdown clearly missing Chase Young.
Speaker 1: I wanted to remind everybody, if you get invited to play football in names Iowa, you politely decline and keep the integrity of your season. O.
Speaker 4: Come, hey, you remember when my Texas Longhorns used to be talked about pre season as a you know, playoff contender.
Speaker 2: Possibly good time.
Speaker 1: Good time.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Longhorns could just let Sam Ellinger blockfield goals as well.
Speaker 1: Iowa State beats Texas with the last second field goal, and my favorite thing in college football watching a field goal kick or.
Speaker 4: Run away from the rest of his team after a game winning kick.
Speaker 2: Builds up by twenty eight to three. Right now, I can't imagine a football team losing a twenty eight to three lead that has never happened before.
Speaker 1: It's inconceivable. You're a foul one. Al Lix Gringe Digueyn.
Speaker 2: Have a plan calling back again after my lass call, and I'm just gonna go ahead and.
Speaker 1: Say boomer sooner.
Speaker 2: The rematch of the nineteen thirty four Sugar Bowl between Temple Huntwu Lane lived up to the high flair. Temple took down the green waves and started on ten thousand strong linked financial field wows pit Panthers saw that snake in the toilet, and just as it was about to strike, they just calmly hit plush tail to pit pretty sure. Thursday Nights against North Carolina. Bo click, they're playing again tonight.
Speaker 1: I guess USC.
Speaker 2: Does Dan Rubins Deen have a picking against Georgia problem? Ooh yeah, yeah, that sounds good. Twenty one to fourteenth?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, who are you talking to?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: It's Jake from state from yet, Jake from State from He sounds.
Speaker 2: Like he's terrible. Wow, he threw three touch shows, so godulfs. Just wondering to myself after Auburn's lost to Georgia.
Speaker 1: Oh next, ay broke in man, I've never had my team win a football game and feel like everyone in my watch party just walked out of the funeral.
Speaker 2: Get well soon, thirteen.
Speaker 1: We love you to rold Tide forever.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I think it's time we start talking to our kids now. Bold eligible Oregon State?
Speaker 3: Are you tell legitimate prayoff contenders.
Speaker 1: Oregon one, Utah one, America's nightmare of a pactical team in the playoff still alive?
Speaker 3: Go Duck.
Speaker 2: Somebody forgot to tell PJ.
Speaker 1: Fleck that you can't row the boat through a cornfield. Alrighty, thank you again for calling us at four we eight verbal one. It's four eight eight three seven two two five one, which doubles as a signal line. Super secret, just.
Speaker 3: Throwing that out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking back, we had named week twelve. What was its s'more Saturday?
Speaker 4: Well, it was s'mare Saturday. At one point, it was slytherin, Slytherin slid Slytherin, sad slitherin, slitherin slyitherin Saturday. At one point, it was spicy meatball Saturday. At one point it was snaking the toilet Saturday. Oh right, it was a spicy slitherin snake in the toilet Saturday.
Speaker 1: Looking back, I think second half scare Saturday feels more appropriate to me.
Speaker 4: Okay, not as not as uh, it doesn't. It doesn't move me in the same way that slytherin or snaking the toilet does. But it's accurate, you know, because we had.
Speaker 1: A handful of games this weekend that tightened up down the stretch made for an interesting second half watch. Going to get into all of those, and I think we'll start first with Oklahoma Baylor. Okay, you are correct in saying I didn't see the second half of this until this morning. Thirty four to thirty one? Yeah, what was your final score? Here? Oklahoma wins. If you are a Baylor fan listening to us right now, my hunch is that you're sick to your stomach. You are just sick because they had it Dan, They had this one. They led twenty eight to three early in the second quarter, thirty one to ten and a half. Almost everything was going Baylor's way even when it stopped going their way. They had plenty of chances to win this football game, and Oklahoma just comes out of nowhere. They respond in a big way, twenty four unanswered points in the second and half. They escape Waco with a thirty four to thirty one win. Just a stomach punch. If you're a Bears fan today, h yeah, what were you do?
Speaker 4: You have big picture thoughts about what this means for you know what Oklahoma was able to accomplish what Baylor wasn't was and then wasn't able to accomplish.
Speaker 1: What were your takeaways emotionally? Emotionally, my takeaway was great cool.
Speaker 4: I'm sure Baylor fans are super excited about that. Baylor fans aren't.
Speaker 1: But you and I both doubled up on Baylor as her home dog of the week, and my immediate takeaway was, oh, look, another top forty team that Oklahoma couldn't separate from.
Speaker 4: Right and then how many points did the Sooner defense give up in the second half?
Speaker 1: That would be all of zero.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good for an Oklahoma defense to give up zero points and a half against a pretty highly ranked team.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I would agree. I thought the way Alex Grinch put it back together at halftime, came out and blanked Baylor in the second half was very notable. I also thought the way that Jalen Hurts responded to this moment was notable. Now, this is a kid who's been in a bunch of high level contests dating back to his time at Alabama. This is not like a new stage for him, but he.
Speaker 4: Turned the balls for Baylor. By the way, what's that It's a new stage for Baylor, stage for away, a good team, and a big spot on national TV with the big ABC cameras.
Speaker 1: That's new, absolutely new. But for Jalen Hurts it wasn't so much what was though, as him turning the ball over three times all in critical situations. I was impressed by his ability to pull it back together, to put the offense on his back and lead the Sooners to victory.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 4: Yes, so Jalen Hurts is that old Homer Simpson alcohol quote. It's you know, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. Sure, so, Jalen Hurts has just an atrocious first half. He was just a tough watch. His footwork's all over the place. He drops the ball in the ground, he throws a bad pick that's returned, damn near the entire field. He's the one who actually ends up back to that quote, taking the dB out of bounds to save a touchdown at least in that moment, and they get it together. Oklahoma's with out Ceedee Lamb, who gets hurt the previous week, didn't pass concussion protocol. They're without Grant Calcata, They're starting tight end, so in terms of safety valves, it's a different looking Oklahoma offense. Trace Sermon also out injured, as we know. So Oklahoma has to rely on different game plan, different talent, whatever, and they look like a mess in the first half. I think they only muster one touchdown. They cannot stop Charlie Brewer. The Baylor defense is just swarming them at every turn, and then at halftime Oklahoma gathers itself. They generate turnovers. Charlie Brewer can't do everything alone. I came away from the second half thinking, not that Baylor necessarily fully gave the game away, but what is this offense is the what is the goal of this offense? What is the identity of the Baylor offense? Jamichael Hasty obviously he drops the ball in the second half, but three carries in this game Charlie Brewer seventeen carries. That goes back to the old beck Meyer thing, like, is Charlie Brewer good enough to win a game of this magnitude alone? The answer is no, he's good. He's not good enough to do something like this alone. He needs help. Denzel Mims was good in this game, but I also came away good for Oklahoma. And as soon as Oklahoma got the supposed momentum, even Oklahoma down what thirty one seventeen, you're seeing it coming.
Speaker 1: From a mile. Oh yeah, I was texting seeing yeah. I was texting with friends who are like, do we jump in on the Oklahoma money line? Now that they're down twenty eight to three. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: How many teams in college curse the cursed score twenty eight to three? Sure, but how many teams in college football would you really say that about?
Speaker 1: And feel confident in Oklahoma? Certainly in that in that conversation, And again, I come back to the defense in the second half. I got the numbers in front me. Finally, one hundred and three yards allowed on five drives, they forced to fumble and intercepted Charlie Brewer on again what could have been a game winning drive. Not to spend all of our time here talking about this game, but you know Baylor had chances. Oklahoma stepped up in a big way in the second half, and that's why they were able to propel themselves to victory despite being down thirty one to ten and a half twenty eight to three earlier in the second quarter.
Speaker 4: Would also add the Baylor defense was on the field the entire second half because of three and outs, because of turnovers, and there's just if you don't have the type of depth to stay on the field for an entire half like that, it's not going to end well. That's why the thirty one to seventeen. Mark felt felt pretty bad for Baylor, even up a couple touchdowns. Also, Baylor these last three games all tight in the fourth quarter, TCU West Virginia on the Thursday night I think it was Thursday Thursday or Friday, and Oklahoma all tight in the fourth quarter. In those three games combined, Baylor has sc nine points in those three fourth quarters. So it is a depth thing. It is four quarters thing. We talked about it a few years ago with Michigan State playing a certain amount of time that is less than four quarters. Really impressive step forward this year for Baylor, but just not quite on that level yet.
Speaker 1: Baylor goes down. They were one of I guess two unbeatens to go down in Week twelve. The other was Minnesota. Minnesota loses twenty three to nineteen in Iowa City, Iowa. Dan came out hot. They did score touchdowns on their first three drives of the game. Couldn't muster up too much after that, but a twenty to six lead at halftime felt pretty secure if you watched the first half, But again second half scare Saturday. Minnesota creeps back into this thing. They hold Iowa to just three points the rest of the way. They score after half, right after half, and again late in the fourth quarter, and they get a rack at a final drive. The story here, if we want to talk about takeaways, is Minnesota's offensive line, which held together really well most of the season and surprisingly well against Penn State a week ago, could not hold it together against a really good Iowa front. Iowa sacked him six times, and I think that controlled the point of attack in a way that Minnesota wasn't used to. What were your general thoughts in this game, Dan.
Speaker 4: I mean for Iowa coming out and playing good offense against a good team early is new. That's definitely new. I came away impressed by that. And Iowa did everything right to start the game out, and Minnesota as well as Tanner Morgan played, and he played really well, had a couple of passes batted down, had some drops, so it wasn't fully his fault, but Minnesota couldn't run the ball, and it seemed like Iowa for the first time, really game planned well for a good team. It was one hundred percent of letdown spot for Minnesota, which we talked about Iowa not I don't think they got in the end zone in the second half, right, Nope, that felt about right, and managed to hold on and largely the Iowa defense even though they were they gave up a couple touchdowns thirteen fourteen points in the second half, they just were swarming both the tackles and the inside of the Minnesota offensive line.
Speaker 1: Aj Apanessa was all over the place.
Speaker 4: So a very Iowa win in a spot like this where like you get a little bit too high and you have to go to Iowa City and just I think Iowa was in the all black uniforms. It just it felt like such a trap, which I don't We're almost always wrong. But we managed to nail this and got this one right, didn't we The thing that bummed me out, and this goes back to just my proselytizing. Proselytizing, I watched I watched basically all of this game and then watched the highlights of some halftime show and it was like, Minnesota comes up just short and are almost certainly out of the playoff conversation, or go here we go, Minnesota comes up just short. Still been a really encouraging and impressive season from the Gophers. I just the framing just drives me nuts.
Speaker 1: Well, when you distill it down into a playoff conversation, I do hear you on that front. And look, Minnesota still controls its own destiny. They're not going to the playoff, but winning the Big Ten West will be a huge deal, a huge deal for that Minnesota program. They still got Northwestern in Wisconsin on the schedule. We'll see where it goes from here, but by any measure, an incredible season for PJ. Fleck. Yeah, the Iowa twitter account. Did you happen to see what they tweeted out last night around seven thirty?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, it's so cold blooded, so cold blooded. What do they show sky you? Nah? I was thinking Row than Nope, But you know, to each is or her own, Iowa. Iowa takes down Minnesota a twenty three to nineteen score. Also sort of a weird backdoor slash front door cover here in that Iowa was favored by three at kickoff and Minnesota missed an extra point oh, which would have been a push yep whoops. Don't have a sound for that one, okay. Also on Saturday afternoon, a bit of another second half scare here Georgia twenty one Auburn fourteen. Pretty much with the exception of the feverish last ditch fourth quarter effort by Auburn. Pretty much the kind of game we expected, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: I thought Auburn would win this game in weird ways, and they almost did. I you know, Bonnicks near the end of the game made some mistakes. Again he was he was the solution and problem all at the same time. Just a struggle for Auburn running the ball. It was another game where Auburn in the first half, first three quarters just struggles against a good team and then makes it crazy interesting late. Trust me, I'm an expert on rooting against an Auburn team in this situation, and sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I just man, it's good for Georgia for holding on. Good for the Georgia student photographer who was released from the hospital. Maybe I was scar trucked in that way and knocked out momentarily, So that's good news all around for Georgia.
Speaker 1: I just okay.
Speaker 4: So first the positive in this game, great comeback from Auburn to make this a game. Late they look like they recover an onside, but they'd end up get some fingers on the ball before it goes ten yards. Blah blah blah, and then Auburn still has chances and doesn't doesn't make it. But DeAndre Swift is such a joy. DeAndre Swift is such a friggin joy to watch. On defense, it was with Trevon Walker, who ends up making the play at the end of the game, made plays all over the field during the game. But the Georgia offense is still kind of confounding to me. And this is also giving credit to Auburn's defense, But how tough is it to throw a fifty yard touchdown pass and average four three point whatever yard.
Speaker 1: Three point nine from three point nine.
Speaker 4: Ah, Auburn's defense is really good and they got after him. They did a good job of keeping everything in front of him, and there's only so much they can do when they can't move the ball on offense for such extended periods of time and finish drives. But this is just and maybe you'll have a better corporate term for this. I guess put a pin in the Georgia offense for when they have to play somebody with a more competent offense that'll force them to score more than twenty points in a game. But I still don't know what to think about their possibilities and their ceiling even with everything happening around them. And that is worrisome to me because I don't want them to waste a really strong defense and a talent like DeAndre Swift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So to step back through this one for a second. Yeah, Georgia led twenty one to nothing after three quarters. They did just great, really great on the road on the road rival. Yeah, Auburn could not get anything going before the fourth quarter. They had five three and outs, no points the first three quarters of this game. Then, of course they cobbled together a seventy five yard drive, then a fifty seven yard drive. They got down to Georgia's thirty four yard line with about two and a half left, but they couldn't convert on fourth down. Bow Knicks had to throw it fifty times. He was also Auburn's leading rusher. His last five passes we texted about because they were maybe the five worst passes I've seen in college football this year. That fourth and whatever. It was for very yippy, yeah looking passes from from bow Knicks. But the defense was very strong for Auburn. Georgia symmetrically not only averaged three point nine per pass, but three point nine per rush as well. Jake FROMM was okay, made some big throws, but very okay. The offense does not have that explosiveness that I think you and I would be more comfortable.
Speaker 4: No, DeAndre Swift does, and Andre Swift does. But as a whole watching this game, I was daydreaming about DeAndre Swift in any of like twenty one other offenses in this country.
Speaker 1: There's there's a boring quality to the offense. They did get the W on the road, a big win at Auburn. They've got A and M and Georgia Tech. They're going to win those games before the SEC championship game, presumably against LSU. I think LSU, where's the A and M game?
Speaker 3: A and M.
Speaker 1: Gabe is at home. Okay, I think that LSU game is interesting for a number of reasons that we'll discuss in a couple of weeks. But yes, right now LSU has not clinched. No, they have not clinched the West, but for a reason that I'm positive we're about to get into. It's looking pretty good. It is looking pretty good. So Alabama one thirty eight to what was it seven thirty eight? To seven over Mississippi State. It's not notable because Alabama one. It's notable because they lost to a tongue of Iiloa. He was injured late in the first half. It was probably going to be his last series a quarterback. They were up thirty five to seven. He goes down. He's writhing in pain. He's screaming into a towel because he's got a dislocated right hip. Yes, which, if it sounds painful, it's very painful. I've had two dislocated shoulders. I'm guessing it's not as painful as a hip, but yeah, excruciatingly painful, and especially for a high level athlete such as Tua, who's got the world in front of him. Now, a lot of that is sort of in question. He's gone for the season. We know that he's not coming back. They are checking I didn't see any updates this morning to see if there was also an associated fracture along with the dislocation of his right hip. That of course would add some time to his recovery and put more of his future I think in question. But you know, they flew him right away to Burmi, where they're going to figure out where to go from here if he needs surgery, to what extend he needs surgery. They're going to take good care of him. But it's it's such a stomach punch to see somebody like that go down. I guess the thing that comes to mind for me, and it's not quite on the same level. But when Jalen Smith got hurt in the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State, sure and so much of his future was in question. Jalen Smith, of course, the former Notre Dame linebacker, it sort of felt the same way. It's just it never rose to the level of a TUA. This is like, presumably the first pick of the NFL Draft, to see him go down like that. To see comparisons, although it's not a fair comparison to the old Bo Jackson injury, right, It's just it's hard to read that stuff, it's hard to think about that stuff, regardless of whether you're a Bama fan or not.
Speaker 2: It just sucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a comparison to Bo Jackson is because it's a happy because it's a similar injury. But Bo Jackson dealt with the loss of blood flow to the hip necrosis I believe, Yeah, vascular necrosis which basically meant that a bunch of seals died and he had to get a new hip entirely. So it appears the timetable is long for Tua, but he should be okay if everything goes well with his rehabilitation. We're also what like twenty eight years further medically than sure Jackson's injury, so hopefully everything is great. It was a total gut punch to lose him, one of college football's absolute top great players. It was a freak thing, and there were arguments about should he have even been in the game at that point with that lead? Should he have even been playing against Mississippi State. The answer to both those questions to me is a pronounced yes.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 4: Nick Saban talked about they wanted to run two minutes stuff and get that practice in because obviously Alabama has not had a shot to run through that offense all that often this season. And it's football. Injuries happen. You can't completely rule your life because, oh my god, something bad might happen. We're not going to play against miss Sippy State. His ankle was still going to be wobbly against whoever they played down the road against Auburn, and no matter what happens in the bowl, with the playoff, whatever, you play your best players. I'm positive to A wanted to play in this game. It would be impossible to say no, don't go to Starkville and start at quarterback from even though you're feeling like you can go. So I think all of that discussion is just it's it's TV fluff, it's message board fluff, it's it's insignificant in this specific case, freak injury and just you're right, a total gut punch.
Speaker 1: It's a gut punch. And look, he's been playing the first half all year. This is at the end of the first half. He's played all year. You gotta play football. He's been playing the first half all year. They most likely would have pulled him in the second half. That's just the way that he's gone about it. He's had some other injury concerns, not just this year but last year as well. But you know, hindsight's twenty twenty, don't I don't blame Saban for playing him. They just lost a big game against LSU. You know how Saban is, He's trying to make the team better. The way to make the team better is to play your best players to give them more reps. Didn't work out in this case. We wish to a well, it sucks. Hopefully we'll hear soon on the status of his looming recovery. Now and if it is the last time we see him in an Alabama uniform, we do wishing well as he moves on. It will certainly be a tough road to climb to get back. I think he'll be back. He'll be back, all right. Elsewhere in the SEC we mentioned the LS. You win a couple of weeks ago over Alabama. They win fifty eight to thirty seven Overdue Miss. A lot of offense in this game, seven hundred and fourteen yards for LSU but six fourteen for Ole Miss Dan and you know Joe Burrow with a big game and Clyde Edwards Hilaire a big game in Jamar Chase with a monster game out wide. But how much should we be concerned that LSU gave up thirty seven and six hundred and fourteen total yardage to Ole Miss. Okay, so not a lot, but not a little. I don't know what that amount is.
Speaker 4: It's not insignificant, right, It's not insignificant And it's another situation of like, let's just put a pin in this. Let's just put a pin in the fact that, yes, it was a letdown spot. They are allowed to have a letdown spot, and they're allowed to have a letdown spot in which they win a game by three touchdowns on the road, right, that is allowed. Yeah, but you're right. The six hundred yards John Reyes Plumbley ran for over two hundred. Elijah Moore worked over this secondary more often than not for ole Miss, and just from what we've seen from previous iterations of David Randa's defense, and I know it's different because of how quickly the offense can score, so they're stressed in a new way, but they seemed out of position. The pass rush just doesn't seem like it's there. Ole Miss has been able to run on basically everybody that they've played, so it's not like an out of nowhere, uncharacteristic offensive performance from ole Miss. But there are hallmarks of recent LSU defenses that don't fully seem like they're there. And it's we've seen this in years past where we say, well, I don't know if it's a huge concern. They're winning comfortably and then when LSU has to play Georgia, and then when LSU has to play Clemson Ohio State, then it's like, well, we kind of saw hints of something the safeties, Grant Delpit out of position. These are not things we're used to sing. And so again, letdown can be a factor after the biggest win, monkey off your back victory that they've had in a decade. But stick a pin in it, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Stick a pin in it? Well does that work? Is that what you would say in an email? And I don't think i'd ever say that. Okay, sorry, No, that's okay. LSU's ten and zero. They've got Arkansas on A and M before the SEC Championship. You're right to say they haven't clinched it yet. I think they will. But curious these state of play right now. Ten and zero, they put up fifty eight Joe Burrow five touchdowns, forty nine through the air, fingers crossed.
Speaker 4: If they can be Darkansas, yeah, rab they'll take by one thousand, Florida twenty three Missouri six. The first half of this game featured thirteen drives and ten punts down.
Speaker 1: Is that bad? That that sounds bad. It is bad. Did you watch this game with Richard Johnson?
Speaker 4: No, he watched this solo before he came over, And good for you this a little bit. I was mostly watching Indiana Penn State and Michigan Michigan State at this time, but flipping back and forth a little and scrub through it some more this morning.
Speaker 1: This game set offense back about fifty years at least. On the ground, Florida averaged two point two per carry missoo one point eight per carry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not great, But Florida threw the ball fine. Kyle Trask threw some nice balls. Florida won the moment. Florida lost to the team comfortably last year. There are positives to take away. When I asked Richard about this when he showed up, he said, win's a win, baby. Yeah, And you know what, Florida's won nine games this year without being able to run the ball. Florida's won nine games behind a defense that gets after it. Florida's defense has been very good this year, and so.
Speaker 1: Ten and two ten and two feels likely. And honestly, yeah, that's a healthy year with a backup quarterback.
Speaker 4: That is an unbelievable year. If you said, Felipe Frank is gonna get hurt right away. Kyle Trask as your dude. This year, you're gonna win ten, maybe eleven games. I would take that in a heartbeat. You're gonna be top dozen ish in the country. I would take that in a heartbeat if I were of Florida fan. Related ty related. This is from Greg Tepper of Fox Sports Southwest. I want to give credit where it's due on Missoo's last thirty offensive possessions, which I believe is what Kentucky Georgia and Florida Kentucky not an amazing team, not an amazing opponent spanning the last one hundred and forty five minutes of game time at a certain point against Florida.
Speaker 1: These where their drives.
Speaker 4: Punt downs, fumble, punt, end of game, punt, punt, punk, punt, interception, punt, punt, punt, punt downs, end of game punt, punt, punt, field goal, punt, punt, punk punt, field goal, punt, punt, punt, inter damn sception.
Speaker 1: The dog is barking downstairs. We didn't even plan that.
Speaker 4: No, Holy Moley, what a year it's been for offenses, either in game or just overall falling off of cliffs.
Speaker 1: Wow, just completely into a void.
Speaker 4: You know sometimes when the ocean opens up, what is it in Pirates of the Caribbean or it's Davy Jones Locker. Sure, it's just sinking to the bottom. We've seen it from NC State and Northwestern and all sorts of teams. But Miszoo's offense, the fire brand that is Derek Dooley's.
Speaker 1: Offense, great head of Hair.
Speaker 4: Have sunk to the core of the earth to such an extreme level. I almost feel bad for Kelly Bryant. I almost feel bad. I feel bad for the defense.
Speaker 1: Let it be noted that the dog has not barked all year during the show. Maybe once during A two's cruise. Okay for a minute. The only other time that happened is when we talked about Missouri's offense. What the record show the.
Speaker 4: Hot the first time in the last five years that we've talked about a Missouri offense falling off a cliff, while the defense has been.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, real quick, real quick. Elsewhere in the SEC, we had Kentucky by twenty four over Vandy. We had A and M by twenty four over South Carolina. Of note here I just got to give props out to Lynn Bowden Junior. Yeah, the Cats rush for four oh one and four touchdowns as a team, and I know Vandy stinks and all that, but I'm just enjoying the hell out of Kentucky committing to the bit, building the plane out of Lynn Boden junior. It gave him the keys. They've completely reconstructed their offense. He was eight of ten passing in this game, rushed for one to ten and a touchdown. And then two red shirt freshmen, which is a good sign. Christopher Rodriguez Junior had two touchdowns and over one twenty and Cavasier Smoke a great name. I love that name. Fifteen carries ninety five yards and a touchdown. So the future is bright on the ground for Kentucky. I love watching Lynn Bowden. I'm glad they won. Good for them. It's been a tough season, but I like the way they've rallied around Bowden Junior. Yes, and LBJ by the way, Yeah right. I don't have anything else here to add on the A M. South Carolina game. AM had three to nineteen on the ground, which was notable to me. There was a boost, not a boost, but a vote of confidence in Will.
Speaker 4: Mus champf Okay, that's something from edminister Traders and Texas A and M stomped them. Texas A and M is probably the SEC's most okayist. That's not English team, which is something with their schedule. They've won seven and mighty. Who do they have next week? I think they have well, they have LSU left and they have Georgia, so they might stay at seven. But yes, they did a great job, especially on the ground. I think two guys went over one hundred yards. I'll only watch this game briefly, and you're right about Kentucky, although Vandy is just I mean, they're in that nightmare category as well.
Speaker 1: All right, a lot more to get to. Let's go over to the big ten. Yeah, Michigan forty four, Michigan State ten. Yeah, this is a good old miss midwestern croc potting. Excuse me, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of cheese, some free doo's yep, and uh spaghetti inside of a.
Speaker 1: Sure yeah and mostly scoreless first quarter. Here Sparty strikes first with a touchdown right before the end of the first frame. Make it seven. I think you're flipping through the channels. You're thinking, Okay, here we go in state rivalry. Yeah, miss Rencords out throw them out. Yeah, Michigan answers, but still wasn't until late in the second quarter when Michigan grabbed a lead. They led seventeen to seven at half. Well, Dan, the crockpot really got nice and toasty at half. Michigan outscored Michigan State twenty seven to three the rest of the way, a season high three ninety eight and four touchdowns for Shape Patterson through the air. Not much on the ground to speak of for Michigan, but they didn't really have to on the Michigan State side. Dan, Well, before I get into that, any general thoughts on Michigan and how they won this game, before I talk about Michigan State losing five straight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Shape Patterson's best game as a Wolverine because I still I'm a believer in Michigan State's defense at least being impressive in spots above average. There's only so much they can do with the spot the offense puts them in. Shape Patterson was great. I thought Michigan did a really nice job of I don't know if we want to call it probe and go, figuring out what worked and just steer into it. Does probe and go make you feel uncomfortable?
Speaker 1: Little bit? Yeah? Okay, the probe is along the lines of moist in terms of uncomfortable words.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Michigan's offense got moist as they probed and went. Ronnie Bell terrific has emerged as the go to guy out wide for them, dependable even with the end of game situation against Penn State. He's been really really strong for them, and so it was nice for Shape Patterson to find him. I thought Michigan just did a nice job sting ahead of the chains. They generated some chunk plays, but there was a confidence to Shape Patterson in the passing game that we haven't always seen. I thought DPJ was good. He got into the end zone. I thought the Tarik Black he had like a twenty five yard catch or something, flexed his muscles and was called front sport. It's been like conduct. I didn't see him jawing with the other team. I didn't see any sort of showing up. He flexed his muscles in a garbage call. Otherwise, I mean, how do you come away not super enthusiastic If you're a Michigan fan about beating a rival by thirty four heading into you know, the meat of your schedule Indiana and Ohio State in an arbor, So I move Michigan closer to Ohio State, not close closer after seeing what they did against Michigan State, especially getting stronger as the game went on.
Speaker 1: Michigan State's lost five straight now and you know, it's been a tough stretch but underwhelming to say the least. They've got Rutgers and Maryland left, so they probably get the six wins, but just a really bad season for Michigan State. Go back and listen to the two's cruise from the uh most of the Mowana theme. That's right. No, no, you can get one of those per episode. No, go back and listen. I made a sound too. You didn't make it. You cut that portion of the sound. I produced that sound. Making the sound implies you sang it, which I would love to hear. If you're approved. It didn't if you're willing, okay, Michigan State. But we had some commentary on Michigan State and where they go from here. A Hopefully it's a different direction because this has not worked the last couple of years. But okay, and on the Michigan side, the only final note I have is they've got that big let down look ahead sandwich next week sandwich. I'm so hungry. I'm so hungry. It's like the let down look ahead trap club sandwich of the decade on the road in Bloomington next week against Indiana. That of course is going to be followed by their big ye at home against Ohio State. But Indiana, for their part, Yeah, was in that same spot sort of this week on the road at Penn State. They held it together and this was a close game for most of the fourth quarter. It was twenty seven twenty four in favor of Penn State. But you know, the big story here for me not just Indiana keeping it close. I think we expected that they were seven and two going into this game. But again, is impressive period. They're good. They're a good team for me. The big story, especially now on the heels of that Ohio State Penn State game one week from yesterday, Penn State secondary man, oh Yeah, continues to underperform and it's not going to get any easier against Justin Fields and Ohio State. Justin Fields has thirty one touchdowns and one interception this year. Trust me when I say it is not getting easier from a defensive standpoint a week from now in Columbus, no less. So that is something to keep your eye on. I think I saw the early line for Penn State Ohio State somewhere around fourteen. I would be inclined to go all in an Ohio State there, just based on what we've seen the last two weeks out of that Penn State defense.
Speaker 4: You're not wrong the Penn State defense. So that's the entirety of it. It's not just picking on the secondary here. It's pass rush hasn't been the same, it's linebackers haven't been the same, it's secondary hasn't been the same. It's a lot easier when you're taking on Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 4: Easier when you're taking on exactly the Maryland offense. Whatever they tightened up against Indiana after a rough early ago, I would say Peyton Ramsey did a good job. It was mostly shorter stuff after some some big stuff early and they've allowed what over seven hundred yards these past two weeks through the air. What kJ Hamler goes down, was that a kick return he went down on.
Speaker 1: It went down on a kick return, they took his helmet, didn't let him back in.
Speaker 4: Noah Kane doesn't play a again. Journey Brown I thought was impressive. I thought the offensive line took a nice step forward. Sean Clifford not super accurate in this game, but he loses his number one receiver, and Indiana did a good enough job. Indiana shot itself in the foot a lot in this game. They did the timeouts. The fake punt was a nightmare in terms of execution. All things told, though, like Peyton Ramsey had this team in the game. He absolutely had the team in the game. And I think you're right to come away with this like, Okay, you survived your mega letdown look ahead after losing to Minnesota and ahead of Ohio State. But I don't come away any more confident in this Penn State team and its ability to weather you know, a strong team. I don't know how you can No, not at all. So again, Penn State good team ten and two team which first year quarterback, first year starting quarterback, dealing with some injuries. All things considered, as long as they don't get embarrassed and trucked by Ohio State. So I don't think thirty eight to three that's it. It does feel like a step back.
Speaker 1: They're not going to lose thirty eight to three, but I don't think they're gonna win, okay, And I'd be inclined to go Ohio State minus the points, but we'll talk about that on Thursday. Speaking of Ohio State and the rest of the Big Ten here, Ohio State won big by thirty five over Rutgers. We had Wisconsin thirty seven to twenty one over Nebraska, Big Game four Jonathan Taylor tailback, and finally Northwestern wins by exactly thirty nine points. As what forty point favorites forty and a half at kickoff, it was thirty eight and a half. Oh, and it it bubbled and bobbled around a little bit, because at one point you could have grabbed it at forty one and a half. Then it came down to thirty eight and a half at kickoff. There was a thirty nine thirty nine and a half moment at some point later on Friday evening, So it was all over the place, but just amazing that somebody could figure out exactly the point spread here thirty nine points forty five to six over U Mass. Any thoughts here in general about these last three Big Ten games?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wisconsin and Jonathan Taylor. I think Jonathan Taylor surpassed herschel Walker in most yards rushing over his first three seasons.
Speaker 1: He had well, I don't know that, but I know he now has eleven career two hundred yard games, which ties him with Ricky Williams, Marcus Allen, and Ron Dame, which is some pretty exclusive company. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, and has now gone over two hundred yards and three consecutive seasons. Against Nebraska, though I thought Nebraska's offense was fine, they couldn't finish drives. I thought Nebraska actually I hate like that it was closer than the final score because they didn't stop Jonathan Taylor. Adrian Martinez I thought was encouraging the tip interception, not his fault. It seemed Dedrich Mills ran really well for Nebraska. It was just a matter of finishing, Yeah, Whereas Wisconsin, they had big plays and they were just more solid overall. But Nebraska moved the ball against this Wisconsin defense.
Speaker 1: I wrote down that this was not as big of a mismatch as I expected, and of course Wisconsin won by what two scores sixteen points? Just felt more even than I expected, especially in the first half. Offensively, the output was the same. I know that can sometimes be misleading, but yeah, I think I'm with you. I was encouraged by this showing for Nebraska, even in defeat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, losing efforts though, are are not going to They're tough, too much for the Huskers.
Speaker 1: Even though Scott Frost, I think what he got a two year extension through twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Yes, for I assume recruiting purposes and just a show of confidence that he's their dude.
Speaker 1: But is Florida State sniffing around there? I don't think they had a shot before, and he didn't want to know.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move over to the PAC twelve. Yeah, let's talk about your Oregon Ducks, your Red Box Bowl defending champions. Yeah, Oregon wins thirty four to six over Arizona three hundred and thirty three yards and four touchdowns through the air. For your boy Justin Herbert is Juwan Johnson? Now his top target. Have we arrived at this very weird, uncomfortable place?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, he is one hundred percent his top target with Jacob Breeland out for the year. The tight end Oregon does not do. And this is crazy nitpicking, because Oregon won by twenty eight and scored enough on their second play of the game to win this game. Organ struggles a little bit over the middle of the fields. Juwan Johnson just has an ability to separate, is physically more dominant than basically any corner hilted faced ninety percent of the time in the Pac twelve. Justin Herbert throws a professional football just his launch angle or not launch angle, that's baseball. But he has the ability to pull off laser throws, and Juwan Johnson has the ability to pull them in.
Speaker 1: I hope it per cysts.
Speaker 4: I hope it keeps on going or the story of this game for Oregon was their defense against a their subbing in Khalil Tait and Grant gunn Old, gunnel whatever for Arizona. All the time the past defense was terrific.
Speaker 1: Oregon make made big.
Speaker 4: Plays all over the place. Still again nitpicking two stubborn for my liking offensively running not all that well. Forty times in this game. Just you have Justin Herbert throw the ball, get out, get him out of there. At the half and be happy to win this game. But that's not the way that Oregon's offense is operating. Hard to complain twenty eight point win allowing only six nice job.
Speaker 1: Oregon seems on a collision course in the Pac twelve with Utah. Utah won by forty six points forty nine to three over UCLA. They gave up a field goal midway through the first quarter. H we'll sloppy early, yeah, yeah, and then they just poured it on thanks to a bunch of big plays, a couple long touchdown passes from Tyler Huntley, a couple of long TD runs. They forced five UCLA turno. I don't know if I quite expected this much of a runaway train, given the fact that ECLA has had such momentum the last couple of weeks, but there was never any doubt that Utah was a superior team here. They're now in a position where they've got Arizona and Colorado on the schedule before presumably that Pack twelve championship game against the Oregon Ducks. So I have to keep tabs on the utes.
Speaker 4: By the way, if Utah drops either one of those games Arizona or Colorado, which seems pretty unlikely at this point. Basically USC is going to the exactly championship game, which is just wild because I think common sense and our knowledge of what we've seen now is Utah is far and away the best team in the PAC twelve, but they lost to a USC team on some sloppiness. So yep, weird weird life, we let weird world in the PAC twelve South.
Speaker 1: But I think they'll be fine. USC forty one, CAL seventeen interesting, but I think only because we talked about Cal's success in defending the air raid, which was not so much to the case. Here a monster game for Keaton Slovis goes over four hundred yards again, four touchdown passes, no picks, Michael Pittman eleven grabs, one eight in a touch A really good offensive showing here for USC. I know Cal's got some of their own issues, but against this defense, specifically again which has shown a proclivity to defend the air raid, this is a really impressive showing for them.
Speaker 4: Nice win helps when Chase Garbers goes down. It was kind of a game when Chase Garber's was in there, even though he wasn't all that successful. CAL ran the ball all right at times, but you're right that, I mean, this game was about USCA. This game was about Michael Pittman being I mean, Leviscus Shanald is in the conference, so he's probably not the best receiver in the conference. But in terms of looking at receivers in the Pac twelve and beyond as borderline, unguardable, unstoppable, Michael Pittman's in that conversation. He is just that good going up against this secondary with a freshman quarterback Keaton Slavis. Again, he's thrown for a wie like eight hundred yards these past couple weeks. Yeah, that's good. USC is a good team at times, and it must be maddening, but at least for my purposes, the Oregon went over USC looks a little bit better right now, right for sure? Yeah, So nice win on the weekend or I think this game ended like forty five minutes ago for USC.
Speaker 1: All right, Washington State won. They were over one thousand yards of passing in this game. Anthony Gordon finally in a winning effort, five twenty and five touchdowns. Davis Mills, he played for the injured kJ Costello. He had about five hundred as well, forty nine to twenty two was your final here?
Speaker 4: And finally rushing attempts for Stanford in this game, yeah, ten rushing attempts.
Speaker 1: A different world we're living in, man, whoa. And finally Oregon State, how about this one nice win for them? Thirty five thirty four over ASU. Oregon State. Now five and five, it's a very narrow, almost inconceivable path to get to six. But who do they have before Oregon? It looks like Wazoo? Yeah, okay, yeah, anyway you shake it. One of the better stories in college football right now, and a remarkable coaching job in Corvallis, to say the least in the five wins?
Speaker 4: Yeah, is he coach of the year in the Pac twelve? Man, you can make that case if they beat Wazoo. I think the case is a lot easier. Mario Christaball, I thought has done a really good job, as has.
Speaker 1: Kyle Whittingham.
Speaker 4: It's hard to say, like, Okay, you know every year Kyle Whittingham in Utah, it's a really good job of that he's done. With this ute team losing the way they did to USC, I know they didn't play a team in the in the non conference portion of their schedule. But the offense has been humming against largely bad teams. But that's what really good teams should be doing. I can't wait to see if we get Utah Oregon what that game looks like. I really can't wait to see. Because Tyler Huntley is I think, all in all likelihood been the best quarterback in the conference. So okay, really good job by Kyle Whittingham. But yeah, there's a good case for Jonathan Smith. And there's a good case that whoever decided on that two point conversion for ASU. Don't know if you saw this, I don't know if it was the running back freelancing, but it was one of the uglier plays you'll see in college football this year. And Oregon State, you're right, just a good story spreading the ball around. We've talked about Isaiah Hodgens the receiver, but Jake Luton, Jake Luton, Luton has done a very impressive job for the Beeps. They beat up on bad teams. So that's pretty good all right.
Speaker 1: Over in the Big Twelve, it was a close weekend all around. It wasn't just the Oklahoma Baylor game, which was decided by three points. We had a two point win for Iowa State, a four point upset win by West Virginia Overka State on the road, and a two point win for TCU thirty three to thirty one over Texas Tech. Let me start though with the Iowa State win. Yeah. The Clones kick a thirty six yarder. Thirty six yarder, yes, as time expired, as time expired. Yeah, Texas gets its fourth l of the year. Iowa State led twenty to seven going into the fourth quarter, but again second half scare. Texas scores quickly, they pull within six. They score again with just five minutes left. They grab a narrow twenty one to twenty lead, but then Brock Party it's not b October anymore, but he still went to work. Nine plays, sixty three yards and three minutes they kicked the game winning field goal twenty three to twenty one. Iowa State beats Texas Dan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after Texas jumps off side previously winning field goal attempt.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was just it was a game of Texas mistakes and it was a game of Iowa State, especially on the ground, taking advantage making plays. We saw the big Rock Party touchdown pass. I think it was early in the second half under pressure is able to escape and was it to de Chante Jones. I believe it was for a long touchdown and for as good as Sam Ellinger can be, was a lot of shorter stuff. Once again, Iowa State did a nice job defending Texas and no running game to speak of, no running game to speak of tex Texas. And we saw that big step forward last week and just couldn't keep it going. And again Breece Hall, Catalina Brees bree Lightning I've seen in place like bree Slightning best Catalina Breeze is a reference to a show that seven people listening have seen, and I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Stand by it.
Speaker 4: But I always state every game comes down to it and they're now Bowl eligible, have a chance to what finish eight and four yep, Iowa State finishes with I have it in front of me. Kansas Kansas State KSU on the road, Kats go down. As you mentioned to West Virginia, Jarrett Daigi in at quarterby the younger brother of Seth. The younger brother of Seth. He is quite good in this game. Makes another you know scramble big play wide open receiver. West Virginia is able to pull it out. Too many mistakes from from Kansas State, just mental errors and not able to get much going on the ground, which a case state team that can't get much going on going on the ground is probably a case state team who's going to struggle to win. They struggled even against a decidedly bad West Virginia. I mentioned the TCU win over Texas Tech. Won't spend too much time on this, but again more with the theme. TCU led by what twenty one early in the second quarter, but Texas Tech battled back.
Speaker 1: Good game for Max Duggan. They need a win for Jet Duffy in a losing out and Jet Dovey in a losing effort. TCU needs a win over Oklahoma or West Virginia if they want to get the six and become both eligible. Not going to happen for Texas Tech this year and finally in the Big two. How positive that's gonna happen. Not gonna happen for Texas Tech.
Speaker 4: I don't have the day in Texas I don't than a beatable team. I don't think it's happening for Tech. These aren't impossible wins. By the way, Texas Tech another team with Alan Bowman going down early because we talked out Peyton Ramsey stepping in even though he started last year as starter. Kyle Trask stepping in a starter early. Jet Duffy is don a really nice job. This season's results are definitely not on his ability.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that. Yeah, all right. Finally, Oklahoma State thirty one to thirteen over Kansas. They led thirty one NIERL going into fourth into the fourth quarter. Excuse me, nice game for Juba Hubbard and Dylan Stoner for the Pokes. Yep. Finally, in the ACC, we had Clemson clemsono got Thurder fifty two to three over Hashtag. Consider Wake Jamie Newman. Jamie Newman the leader of that Wake Forest offense, which isn't like it's not high powered per se, but they score points. They're competent, right.
Speaker 4: Wake should finish nine and three. They finished with Duke and Syracuse. Shout out to Syracuse for getting on the ACC win column board. Yeah, this is a an above average auch somewhat impressive Wake offense against some down ACC opponents.
Speaker 1: Now that Clemson is officially a playoff team, at least according to the latest batch of rankings. They decided to show off their playoff skills here fifty two to three. Jamie Newman held to six or fourteen passing for forty one yards and two touchdowns on the day. Again a decent, a completely decent wake Forest offense held to just one hundred and five total yards.
Speaker 4: Stand Wake down their best receiver, if not you know, an all ACC performer in Sage surat Sarat. It was Wake five first downs, two of thirteen on third down. I admit that I did not watch much of this game because it was what twenty eight three thirty one three at halftime, so there wasn't a ton of second half Clemson to really figure out.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is what Clemson looks like. Now.
Speaker 4: Clemson's incredible. They're they're doing great. They've poured it on. Hard to fully know what we have in this Clemson team because of the ACC in twenty nineteen, both in terms of changes and teams falling off cliffs. I see UNC State, but Clemson looks scary.
Speaker 1: They look really good. I'm gonna lump Notre Dame in here. Okay, Notre Dame fifty two to twenty over Navy wasn't even that close No, they did what I was hoping they'd do. Yeah, I wanted more downfield stuff. I said Chase Claypool was a matchup disadvantage of not telling people things they don't know. But Notre Dame needed to do a better job getting him the ball. While they did, he had one hundred and seventeen yards and four touchdowns. If you do it, that's what happens. They destroyed Navy in this game four fumbles from Navy. Notre Dame has Boston College and Stanford left, probably to get to ten and two. The only other notable hero I have is that it was the first time since nineteen seventy three that Notre Dame did not sell out a home game.
Speaker 4: If you can believe I did see that, How did ian book look to you? Obviously it's an overmatch Navy secondary Navy defense against a Notre Dame ode. I thought when humming is impressive, I thought he looked really good. Okay, he looked really good in this football game. So did not watch a second of this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay. Florida State forty nine, Alabama State twelve. Florida State gets Bowl eligible, I guess is the most notable factoid here.
Speaker 4: Virginia Tech has a quarterback. I know it's Georgia Tech, but Hendon Hooker is good and so good for the Hokies. It was a balanced win, it was a dominant win over Georgia Tech. I mentioned Syracuse getting onto the winning side of things in the sec ACC standings. Louisville Michael Cunningham, Hell, ye, yeah, Michael Cunningham is one of just the season's quietest breakouts, and he is not going to be quiet for that much longer because I think Louisville's going to keep improving so long as they can hold on to Scott Sadderfield. Yep, They're going to keep developing. They're going to keep hiring well assistant wise, Michael Cunningham is I think we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's there.
Speaker 4: They have a ways to go to be Michale, thank you, like Clemson, but he was great once again too to at Well. Really good for Louisville, and I am excited to see if Louisville can keep ascending pit wins in overtime Thursday night, we love This was a snake in the toilet game for me. I thought North Carolina had a good shot and they really closed it out strong, as North Carolina just does every week. They show nothing for a quarter or two and they come on strong at the end. But Kenny Pickett and what shocky Jacques Louis that was very authentic sounding, Thank you very much. He has a long touchdown and lights the way for the pit receiving core a pit team that is still in it, is still in it, still in it.
Speaker 1: The coastal they are very much so. And North Carolina for their part, by the way, they're at four and six, but they have Mercer and NC State to get the six wins. I feel pretty good, well certainly about Mercer, but State right now and North Carolina feel like ship's passing in the night, maybe going in different directions. So I like Mac Brown's chances to get the six wins, which would really be a revelation in your one.
Speaker 4: Not bad, Yeah, I mean we had conversations after a week or two like eight win.
Speaker 1: Mac not there anymore. But six win Mac would be pretty good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would like to see North Carolina just maybe score a touchdown each quarter, each quarter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did what did we leave out? Give me a quick run through here, anything we missed?
Speaker 4: I thought Boise State did a tremendous job with a third string quarterback, and I want to say his name is Jalen Henderson.
Speaker 1: I don't have it in front of me right now.
Speaker 4: I apologize, but he throws for three touchdowns in a comfortable Boise win over I believe it was New Mexico who Boise played Utah State with a nice win over Wyoming. You know, I'm a Mountain West stand so here, let's talk about the Mountain West for a little while. Utah State has been a struggle, but there's still I think at five and one in the conference, San Diego State with a nice win for Fresno State, and we talked about how we wish this game just had bigger stakes, but Fresno State season has dictated that.
Speaker 1: It does not.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati has to come back against South Florida, and it's really good that they did. They finished the season with I think a couple big it's Temple and Memphis. I'm loading this right now to confirm correct. Memphis on the road, so good for Cincy to hold on to get to nine and one. A nice performance from South Florida in a losing effort. Elsewhere, I think Louisiana has very another Louisiana Lafayette. I know, they beat South Alabama, who's not that good, but they go to five and one in the sun Belts.
Speaker 1: Air Force.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you caught the end and saw the stakes of air Force Colorado State. Oh yeah, so Colorado State a ten and a half point dog. They're down ten, knocking on the door, either on the one inside, the one one and a half, whatever it is, they throw a ninety nine yard pick six, unbelievab loose, in heartbreaking fashion for anybody who had the rams plus ten and a half. So the very impressive season from air Force continues. So they comfortably beat in state Colorado State. I'm trying to think of there as anything. Rice one Rice, Rice won a game, all right, Rice won a game. They beat Middle Tennessee. But b blah bah bah other results. Hawaii to seven wins. We saw the I mean this is a phrase the day we saw the cliff that Hawaii fell off very appropriately, because there are lots of cliffs that go into water in their fine state. They beat UNLV on the road. Been a really rough year for the rebels. The mac is just completely all over the place, and that's fine.
Speaker 1: With me.
Speaker 4: I don't know you want to do dudes. We do want to do dudes. We mentioned the Northwestern over ums. I just want to make sure Army just destroyed VMI app State very quietly keeps on winning. They drop nearly sixty against Georgia State. I just don't want to leave anybody out TI. This is inclusive.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: I do want to mention that Dartmouth lost. I know the mouths mouth these go down to the other Nelly's shout out, Andy Bernard, Yes, Tyle, let's mention some dudes. All right, give me dudes for week twelve, all right quickly, Tyler Huntley Connor as Sally.
Speaker 1: I know it's not pronounced like that, but still.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: By the way, the Iowa state kicker Connor a Sally. He may have broken his collar bone celebrating. Oh, I hope not pulled the old grammatic injured celebrating. Yes, John Reese plumbley in a losing effort. T Higgins was nothing but end zone. Shaye Patterson. I want to shout out, and also also aj Epanessa just cuming up huge for Iowa. Sure many more dudes, we will talk about them, perhaps on the twos cruise if you need to know what the twos cruise is. We don't just do recaps and previews. We will see you. If you are somehow new to the show, we'll see you Tuesday morning, Bright and Early discuss big picture topics within the sport.
Speaker 1: Bright and Early. Tuesday Morning drops at six am Eastern Time three pm three am excuse me Pacific. Yeah, we will be back talking, as Dan said, big picture stuff. We also have our preview show for week thirteen, Big Week thirteen in front of us here. We will drop that show on Thursday morning. If you like the show, what's the rule? Subscribe to the show? Yeah, you can do so on Apple, Google, Spotify, sit you're overcast, tune in any of the usual hotspots. All that stuff counts. All that stuff helps us out. If you like the show, please hit that subscribe button. You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, as well as on the subreddit at soliverble dot reddit dot com. We also have merch that is always available, which you can find at soliverble dot com, slash store, or if you want just going out to the website soliverbal dot com. It's our website. All of our old stuff is there. You can click around. Not only can you click on the shop link, but you can also click on a form and send us whatever is on your mind that comes through to soliverble at gmail dot com. I think I covered everything there.
Speaker 4: Dan Well Lehi got embarrassed by the credis of Sacred Heart. Colgates gets to five hundred in the PAT League Ornate overall, but they get to five under the PAT League, shutting out Lafayette in Easton. I thought you were going to go, but apparently you did not know. Holy Cross is the class of the Pat League. They take down Fordham in a bit of a shootout.
Speaker 1: Well Across scored thirty five points in the fourth quarter of this game. Wow.
Speaker 4: And Georgetown, which looked started the season out pretty impressively, they go down to Bucknell in your favorite PA town of Lewisbourg, PA.
Speaker 1: Lewisburg, PA. Okay, Well, thank you to everyone for hanging with us here as we talked all things week twelve. As Dan said, we'll be back on Tuesday morning for the tues cruise. Set sail again for college football parts unknown, and please do tell friends about the sOliver Bowl. I know we're coming down the stretch run here, but we've got a bowl pick a pool, which we're excited about. It should be a lot of fun. People get into it. We're going to get into playoff and bull and all that good stuff as we make the final turn here for home, heading into Thanksgiving week, the holidays, and of course the new year in the playoffs. So we hope you'll be there with us as we continue on this college football journey in the meantime. For that guy over there, my good friend Dan Rubinstein and myself, Tie Hill and Brad, thank you so much for tuning in. We'll catch you all on Tuesday. Stay solid, peace,