Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it is Thursday, April ninth. Then we start this episode with a question what just happened? And with that, Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ, where we ask and I asked Robes what just happened? We were waiting for some press announcement from Milania Trump.
Speaker 2: What just happened?
Speaker 3: I actually don't really have words, because no one was expecting Malania Trump to speak about something that President Trump has been trying to distance himself from desperately for since the beginning of his administration, to the point where some folks would even say he might have even started a war or invaded multiple countries to avoid or to shift the topic from Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 1: Whatever he did worked because it has not been the headline for a while, right, Robes, that's correct until today at two thirty Eastern time.
Speaker 2: Robes, I ask again, what just happened?
Speaker 3: I cannot get my head around or find a plausible, reasonable explanation as to why the first lady would get in front of a podium and start telling the world that she has nothing to do with Jeffrey Epstein, that she's never been friends with him, that she wasn't introduced to her husband, President Trump, by him.
Speaker 4: And then while.
Speaker 3: She's making all of these denials of claims I didn't even know she was being accused of or that anyone was even talking about.
Speaker 4: And she pimps out her book in the.
Speaker 3: Middle of it, which was a weird little morsel to drop, Hey.
Speaker 1: We're gonna let you hear every single word. It was a short statement that she read it. It won't take us long to read it. It took her a little longer because she English is not her first language, and she took her time with it throughout. But Robes, to your point, still Epstein, Why did the first Lady of the United States just put the Epstein story back front and center at a White House that has been trying to get away from it for a long time. She just brought this up to the top. And if we haven't mentioned folks, she's also said in her statement she wants the victims, the survivors to come testify openly in Congress.
Speaker 2: Robes, what just happened?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did she and President Trump get into a big fight and she just decided to drop a big fu on him to let him know what power she actually does have, Because that's honestly the most reasonable explanation I can give as a woman, because I'm trying to imagine any scenario in which politically this makes sense for President Trump, for the Trump administration. There is no answer to that other than this is a woman who is pissed at her husband.
Speaker 1: Or she's pissed at how she's being covered. She's pissed that she's not getting support from the White House, and she wants to do things on her own, in her own way. But she's defending herself against an attack that the rest of us aren't necessarily feeling. She mentioned several times in several things, I there's something she's feeling about the Epstein's story that's coming down on her that she felt today she wanted to defend. Why today, Why in the midst of everything going on, Why when the Epstein story is not dogging her president or her husband right now? Why bring this back right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: We haven't been talking about Epstein now for the past several weeks because of what's happening in Aran. There are much now more significant pressing concerning issues to deal with, so Epstein has been put on the back burner. Why bring it now back into the forefront when this was and will be I'm sure the biggest thorn in President Trump's side. Why does she need to defend herself from allegations we didn't even know we're being hurled against her recently. At least some of this stuff is old. Some of this stuff has been put to bed a long time ago. Most of this stuff, I would say, all of this stuff isn't being currently discussed in the around the water coolers of America.
Speaker 1: They're somewhere in some circle. She feels like it is, and she felt like she needed to speak today. We're gonna let you hear now her words. This is every word that she spoke at the White House. Again, we only got word late morning. I think it was Robes that she was going to be making a statement two thirty Eastern time from the White House. Had no idea what this was going to be about, but collected all the reporters there to cover her statement. Now she walks out Robes. It looked exactly like one of his walkouts for a presidential speech to talk about war. I'm just setting the scene for you if you haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: She did. They open these doors, She did a long, very presidential walk to the podium.
Speaker 3: It was a powerful formal walk. She was in a business suit.
Speaker 1: It's set a tone for what we were about to hear. But I still wasn't expecting this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like boss lady just walked in.
Speaker 3: Was that was the vibe I saw when she was walking in And this is what she said, Good afternoon. The lies linking me with the disgraceful Jeffrey Epstein need to end today.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: When she said that first sentence, we were all like, what is it about to happen?
Speaker 2: Because you know where is what is happening and why is it happening? Now? Got our attention?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: She goes on to say the individuals lying about me are devoid of ethical standards, humility, and respect. I do not object to their ignorance, but rather I reject their mean spirited attempts to defame my reputation. I have never been friends with Epstein. Donald and I were invited to the same parties as Epstein from time to time, since overlapping in social circles is common in New York City and Palm Beach. To be clear, I never had a relationship with Epstein or his accomplice Maxwell. My email replied to Maxwell cannot be categorized as anything more than casual correspondence. My polite reply to her email doesn't amount to anything more than a trivial note. I'm gonna stop here. What is she talking about?
Speaker 1: It came out in the Epstein files, all those There was some email exchange in which Glaye Maxwell called her sweetie or something like that, and it was just it was coquially, it was sweet. It was no, it wasn't the end of the world, but she it seemed friendlier than she would suggest, okaytionship.
Speaker 3: To your point, it was released during the Epstein file dump. I never saw one article written about it. I'm just saying nobody was talking about it. So it's interesting that she felt like this was something she could reference and everybody would know what she was talking about. I'll be honest, I did not, all right, She goes on to say, I am not Epstein's victim.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: Epstein did not introduce me to Donald Trump. I met my husband by chance at a New York City party in nineteen ninety eight. This initial encounter with my husband is documented in detail in my book Mulania. At what point we will look at each other and just said she did not just see that.
Speaker 2: You stop there. Yeah, we need to What do we do baby with that?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's terrible. No, I mean, okay, look, okay, I'm trying. Let me try to give her a little grace. It was detailed in my book. It was detailed, or has been detailed and documented plenty. I wrote about it myself, even in my book by putting the title something about a scene promotional.
Speaker 3: Exactly when you just said that in those different versions that did not seem as blatantly self promotional.
Speaker 4: When you drop the name.
Speaker 3: I actually, I think I said when we were listening and can be found anywhere books are sold.
Speaker 4: You know, that's what it sounded like.
Speaker 2: It did. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't, all right, I'll continue.
Speaker 2: It felt it felt gross. I'm just it just felt gross, it did.
Speaker 3: All right, she continues. The first time I crossed paths with Epstein was in the year two thousand, at an event Donald and I attended together. At the time, I had never met Epstein and had no knowledge of his criminal undertakings. Numerous fake images and statements about Epstein and me have been circulating on social media for years. Now be cautious about what you believe. These images and stories are completely false. Again though, she references that this has been going on for years now, and that begs the question that we've all been asking this entire time. Why now are you talking about this.
Speaker 1: I don't know what her plan was with this statement. I had no idea about what she's talking about. Now I want to go google all of it exactly. I mean, she's told everybody to go look at something that maybe we weren't looking at. I don't know the motivation behind this, but it's something Again, maybe we aren't keeping as close up an eye on something that's been bubbling out there, but we have a decent handle on news.
Speaker 3: This has not been anything that has been a.
Speaker 4: TikTok trend, an ex trend.
Speaker 3: I mean, we do check all of those things, not just the mainstream publications and pop culture sites.
Speaker 4: But this is not something we have been seeing in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: So it's just it's curious why suddenly she now wants to talk about something like this and references all of it as if we're we're on the same page. This is strange, all right, she continues, I am not a witness or a named witness in connection with any of Epstein's crimes. My name has never appeared in court documents, depositions, victim statements, or FBI interviews surrounding the Epstein matter. Yeah, I think we know that, So I don't know why she needs to say this. She goes on to say, I have never had any knowledge of Epstein's abuse of his victims. I was never involved in any capacity. I was not a participant, was never on Epstein's plane, and never visited his private island. I have never been legally accused or convicted of a crime in connection with Epstein's sex trafficking, abusive miners, and other repulsive behavior. The false smears about me from mean spirited and politically motivated individuals and entities looking to cause damage to my good name to gain financially and climb politically must stop. My attorneys and I have fought these unfounded and baseless lies with success, and will continue to maintain my sound reputation without hesitation. To date, several individuals and companies have been legally obligated to publicly apologize and retract their lives about me, such as The Daily Beast James Carville and Harper Collins UK. Now is the time for Congress to act. Epstein was not alone, Okay, several prominent male executives resigned from their powerful positions after this matter became widely politicized. Of course, this doesn't amount to guilt, but we still must work openly and transparently to uncover the truth.
Speaker 4: And here's where she surprised us even more.
Speaker 3: I call on Congress to provide the women who have been victimized by Epstein with a public hearing specifically centered around the survivors. Give these victims their opportunity to testify under oath in front of Congress with the power of sworn testimony. Each and every woman should have her day to tell her story in public if she wishes, and then her testimony should be permanently entered into the Congressional record. Then and only then will we have the truth.
Speaker 1: It's pretty big, wow, a pretty big while if the first lady just called for that, given who her husband is and where he sits in the middle of this whole Epstein saga, and we, if we didn't mention before, already robes that yes, it's being reported as the President had a heads up she was going to do this, as if this was her plan, and he was only alerted to it, not consulted about it. Now that's initial reporting about this. But Robes, how how if he knew, how could he not going say, babe, why don't you just give it a couple of days? Okay, just let me handle a few things. I know you upset, but just can we just please?
Speaker 4: So I'm going to go back to my original theory after it.
Speaker 3: And I'm curious what other people think who are listening to this, because.
Speaker 4: What could have been her motivation?
Speaker 3: I cannot imagine that President Trump would have been okay with this, and I just can't think of another reason other than this was deliberate, intentional, and potentially even directed in anger.
Speaker 1: Now that is I find that to be. Something about your theory warms my heart. And I say that because you brought this back to a very much human level, a level of relationship a husband and a wife, and there's a beef in their relationship just like any other, except.
Speaker 2: The stakes so much higher.
Speaker 1: Yes, when one gets pissed, there's something about your theory that I actually appreciate. However, there is another theory the Robes and I haven't. We hadn't even considered until my sister put this theory in our head just a minute ago. Stay here, I will continue here on Amy and TJ. We oftentimes folks will let you know, we do several different episodes and we have to decide where they're going to go. Do they go into our news feed, does it go into our relationship feed? Does it go into a crime feed that we have. And it's amazing rogues this story now about Malania Trump could end up in the relationship feed based on what your theory is. Possibly that she came out and spoke her mind today because she is pissed in some way at her husband.
Speaker 3: Yes, and perhaps maybe she thinks that I don't know, nothing was done or not enough was done to protect her from being even in any way, shape or form mentioned as a part of this story. But it's just I think the reason why my brain went there just because not only does it not make sense for her husband politically, but just the timing of it. Unless we're all missing some big headline that was released in some obscure country that we haven't picked up on yet, we know of a headline that would have warranted a response like this now. Obviously, if there had been some awful accusation of you know, hurled at her and then she came out and did this, that would make sense. But I can't see anywhere where anyone who's picked up on something she's specifically reacting to that we just aren't aware of.
Speaker 1: And so as we're looking for theory and we're thinking we're crazy. So we've talked to been talking about this today, Robaka and Ira in Northwest Arkansas at University of Arkansas, my alma mater, spending the weekend several days here, got family around here with my sister. We were all, look, we're all aware, smart, informed people, and we're all trying to come up with some theory like why would she do this now? And we're trying to figure it out. We start watching several other news channels, just going back and forth and making sure we weren't missing something. We do that sometimes like absolutely, wait a minute, it's got to be right there in our face. All of them are dumbfounded as well. Nobody can figure out. Nobody figure out why. And then my sister says something and both of us went, oh, that's probably it. That makes sense, And she said wait, for it. There's probably something coming that she knows and she's getting ahead of it.
Speaker 3: And that would be really smart. I said, ooh, wild Tish, I think you might have nailed it. That is that would make sense as well. But it has to be something like that because out of the blue.
Speaker 4: Look, the timing of it just is a head scratcher.
Speaker 3: So yes, if she's getting ahead of something, that would make sense, or if she's trying to pay back something that might make sense too.
Speaker 4: But those are the only two. That's the only two things I've got that would make any sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will leave room for one other possibility that this was just on her heart and this has just been weighing her down, and this is just she's had enough.
Speaker 2: And the world goes on.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter if my husband is bombing a civilization out of existence, it doesn't matter or what was happening anywhere. The world continues to move, and this is a part of my world, and this is on I've been holding.
Speaker 2: Off long enough, and today is the day.
Speaker 1: Is that possible that she's just genuinely sick of it or sick of something that she wanted to speak today?
Speaker 3: My cynical self can't, can't, can't really give that much weight. But yes, maybe there is a teeny tiny version of the world where that could exist. But how much do you think President Trump knew about the content? I mean, obviously they had been promoting this all morning long, so it's not like he was blindsided. I mean, I believe as early as seven o'clock this morning, we were hearing that she was going to make an announcement, So obviously he was aware she was presenting something.
Speaker 4: I would assume he would know what she was saying.
Speaker 1: And couldn't stop her from saying it, didn't mind her saying it. Maybe this is a part of a whole strategy and we are being played once again falling for it. Who knows, because you know what we haven't mentioned in this twenty minute episode is the season run that ten point plan talking about Malania. We're back to Epstein. They're like, who we got Epstein headlines again?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. If that's where we are, we've got bigger problems. But yes, this was a very interesting press conference. I don't think one that any of us could have seen coming, and certainly as it was happening, we're still questioning what we were actually hearing.
Speaker 4: But look, it's never boring.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 4: We always appreciate you listening to us. Everyone I maybe robot alongside TJ. Holmes. We will talk to you soon.