Speaker 1: Today gets a little spicy.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and welcome to the second day. Today is though, actually well today? Yeah, and on Tuesdays we do do the awkward Tuesday phone call. Uh and you know what, in honor of it, why don't you just share with us in the comments the most embarrassing thing your family member has posted on social media.
Speaker 1: You know it'll make our listener feel better. I think it really will.
Speaker 2: His freaking out and we love reading the comments. We love living in the comments. What do you see, Alexis Sean Andrews said, found you on TikTok and I've been listening to you ever since. I even recommended you to my boss and she loves you. Oh well, you better give him a race. Yeah, he really doesn't. Anyone he's got good taste.
Speaker 3: Could have got himself fired.
Speaker 2: That was risky, I know. All right, let's get your Awkward Tuesday started right now.
Speaker 4: Parents never post anything embarrassed on social media, right Alexis, No, I.
Speaker 2: Love every photo my mom takes where she looks better than me, and it.
Speaker 4: In fact, go to my mom's Facebook page right now and you'll see nothing but wholesome, non politically motivated fourteen paragraph rants about how happy she is with the state of the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just loves this country.
Speaker 3: He sure does.
Speaker 4: But one of our listeners is freaking out over what his new step mom just put up online, and according to him, it's not just concerning, but has potential to literally ruin their entire family's dynamic unless he can convince her to maybe take it Downike, you're gonna hear why it's so controversial while we attempt to give our best advice in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 3: It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Awkward family dynamics isn't a new concept. No, Families have been making things weird with each other for centuries. Yeah, like in the fifteen hundreds when King Henry the Eighth was literally beheading his exes while his children argued over who got the bigger turkey leg at the wake.
Speaker 3: So yeah, nothing new there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in.
Speaker 4: The modern digital age, we've unlocked brand new ways to make things uncomfortable with your family, which brings us to today's call. One of our listeners, Peter's, reached out because he's facing a particularly distressing issue with a member of his own household, and he needs our help with it.
Speaker 3: So Peter, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, how you doing it?
Speaker 1: Sounds like better than you?
Speaker 2: Oh sucks to be you, Peter, like having a.
Speaker 1: Call of radio station for family.
Speaker 5: Drummer.
Speaker 1: It must be serious.
Speaker 6: That's all right, yes, okay, all right, Peter.
Speaker 4: We're here to support you despite the tone of how we started this segment. But tell us what's going on in your family life that made you out.
Speaker 5: Here's the deal. My uh, my parents separated about eight years ago. That's fine. I think they're better off separated. But last year my dad was telling us that he started dating somebody, which was kind of shocking. I mean he's older.
Speaker 1: Dads usually are older.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I mean I mean like post sixty.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 5: That was the first shocking thing. But then the second shocking thing was we finally meet this woman and turns out that she is my age.
Speaker 1: Oh, how are you in your twenties or your thirties.
Speaker 5: I'm twenty five years younger than my father.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, I know, hold on, that's cute, But worry she's taking advantage of your father.
Speaker 1: Or is it just awkward to call her mom. Yeah, where it was.
Speaker 4: A lot of things. Tell us where we're speculating a lot, tell us where your head is at.
Speaker 5: I mean when I met her, I thought, I mean, she's obviously my dad seems really happy with her, which is great, that's the most important things. But it was just it is really weird that they ended up. I mean, they got married, and they got married. Who Yeah, what you like, Well, it's interesting you guys make that joke because she makes those jokes now she's my mom now and all that kind of thing, and I just realilyan next me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: But yeah, if you're not.
Speaker 2: In on the joke, then it's yeah, she's trying to like lean in and be funny, probably because she's a little uncomfortable too, Like, yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean it's I mean I didn't really get to know where that much before they got married either. But he's a grown man. He can do what he wants. But anyway, we would fast forward to recently and one of my friends he sends me a text saying, Hey, have you seen your step mom's Instagram posts?
Speaker 3: This is not good?
Speaker 7: Why it's not like an apple pie that she just baked.
Speaker 3: I'm assume what is he talking about?
Speaker 5: Her latest photo is a first trip on a photo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wrong with she's in her twenties. Yeah, she's she's feeling good about herself.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean that's fine if she wasn't married to a sixty something year old man.
Speaker 2: What so like, if you're married, you can't post pretty pictures of yourself and if your dad doesn't care, why.
Speaker 6: Do you care?
Speaker 5: That's the thing is he's like not on social media. I don't even think he knows. I mean, this is something that a single girl in her twenties would be doing. A single girl be doing is to get attention from other men.
Speaker 2: You need to grow up and understand that wives can also post hot photos.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's saying that the wife isn't allowed to post a hot photo. He's saying that his father might have an issue with her doing it.
Speaker 2: But you don't know that she's already showed him the pick, or that he's approved of it, or and like not approved.
Speaker 1: It's also like he likes it. Listen, I have a hot Momah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people are just hot and they can't stop themselves from being hot, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I understand that she is an attractive woman. I'm not saying that she can't be proud of being attractive. It's just maybe I'm not explaining this well enough. These photos are like bordering on inappropriate. I mean, it's not quite only level, but it's.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it.
Speaker 4: It's especially for someone who's in a brand new marriage with an older man to like immediately turn around and start posting photos that a bunch of other guys are liking without the new husband knowing they could cause an issue in the family new marriage.
Speaker 2: I think more than anything, it's probably uncomfy that you find your step mom hot.
Speaker 5: Yeah look I didn't say hot, its attractive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could say she's.
Speaker 1: And your guy friends follow her and send you this picture of her. That's weird.
Speaker 5: I just don't want to hear words like smelt. I don't want to hear these smell.
Speaker 2: Are you hearing the words friends or stepmom? Ah?
Speaker 4: Well, clearly this is something that's bothering you and you're worried that it would affect your dad. So what are you hoping to do with your awkward Tuesday phone call?
Speaker 5: Here? And I don't want to cause drama. I just I want to be really respectful and encourage her pulle to maybe either take it down or tone it down, because I don't think she understands that it can be uncomfortable for other people, not just me, like the whole family.
Speaker 3: I think ale Is brought up a good point.
Speaker 7: You may call and she's like, oh, I showed it to him and he said, I can post it and this call is never going to hit the air anyways.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean it makes him uncomfortable no matter what the dad says. I mean, that's the thing.
Speaker 7: And if the dad's comfortable, then he's just got to stay uncomfortable. I mean, so we need their relationship.
Speaker 4: We need to give you advice on how to respectfully have the conversation with your new step mom that her thirst trap photos might be making people in the family feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, like I said, I don't think it's just me, but I really am looking out for my father. I don't think that he would he would appreciate it. I really don't think he knows about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll find out when we come back. We'll give you our advice and let you call your hot smilf mom and we'll let.
Speaker 3: You make your awkward Tuesday phone calls.
Speaker 5: Call.
Speaker 1: That's the same agent. You're the one who say it's funny with us.
Speaker 3: Okay, will let you say that to your mom coming up right after this? Not mom, Not yeah, not mom, okay, yeah, step mom. Sure we'll do it after this. It's awkward. It's it's awkward Tuesday phone call. Well, this is a new one for us for sure.
Speaker 4: One of our listeners, Peter, told us about an interesting family dynamic that he's dealing with, where his dad got remarried last year to a woman twenty five years younger, about the same age as Peter himself, which, obviously that's a little bit uncomfortable, he said, but he's managing.
Speaker 3: The really weird part, though, just came.
Speaker 4: Up when Peter's buddies sent him texts and photos of his new step mom's Instagram.
Speaker 2: That's so ruthless.
Speaker 4: It's because she's posting some salacious photos of herself on there.
Speaker 3: And Peter is worried about two things.
Speaker 4: One, his dad is not on social media and probably doesn't know that his new young wife is doing this, so he's trying to protect his father and his father's feelings and two besides his dad, what would the.
Speaker 3: Rest of their family think about this?
Speaker 4: Because it could cause family drama and his new step mom might not realize the impact that it has.
Speaker 1: So Peter just feels uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Everybody does, so, Peter, he doesn't want to sound judgmental or rude about this. He just wants to politely bring it up to his new step mom. And how does he do it respectfully?
Speaker 3: Brook? Go ahead, you have the floor.
Speaker 2: And we got to stop calling him her his step mom. I know technically that's true, but it's not like she's a mother figure in his life.
Speaker 3: What's a better term for her that you would feel appropriate?
Speaker 1: With his dad's new hot wife?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so much, Peter, Are you comfortable dad's new hot wife? A?
Speaker 6: Thank you advice.
Speaker 2: I think the way you need to approach this is Alyssa obviously loves your father, and anyone who loves someone wants to be accepted by that person's family, of course, So I think you take it as the angle as like, Hey, just a heads up. I'm getting a lot of crap about this photo from my buddies.
Speaker 1: It's very attractive, you look great, but I just.
Speaker 2: Want to let you know that maybe my family wouldn't be as cool as I am with it.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I love the photos.
Speaker 4: I think you look sexy, but the rest of my family they're not as cool as me.
Speaker 2: Don't need to go that far, but just go the angle of like you're trying to be a little protected.
Speaker 1: Ye I'm the grandma or something.
Speaker 4: That's actually pretty good advice.
Speaker 3: So Peter locked that in Jose, what do you think? So you got to think from her perspective.
Speaker 7: Right on Instagram, every person in.
Speaker 3: The world, every guy is just telling her she's gorgeous.
Speaker 7: All her girlfriends in her life tell her she's slays and she's pretty. So you may be the first person that brings up that this is a little inappropriate and you just need to be cautious about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean I can't imagine that I'm the first person to tell her that maybe you should tell I can't imagine that.
Speaker 1: I bet that's actually true.
Speaker 2: I'm going to imagine that that is actually true.
Speaker 4: But you need you need to consider that as a possibility. This might be the first time she's ever got any different feedback on these photos, but.
Speaker 3: Not like that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's something to be wary of for sure.
Speaker 4: We'll just keep that in mind and we'll back away. Let you make your awkward call.
Speaker 3: Thank you, all right, man, here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi, Alissa, it's it's Peter. How you doing. Oh I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't relate it with you. I thought I saved you on my phone, but I didn't recognize the number.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I uh yeah, this is a new phone number. It's okay, you can save this one in But I wanted to call because I mean, it's a little awkward for me to say. But one of my friends brought something up to me recently.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, they they they saw a photo that you posted on Instagram recently, and they told me I should take a look at it because it was.
Speaker 8: I don't know, hey, Peter, Sorry, sorry, can you hold on a second. I just got to take something out of the oven.
Speaker 5: You don't even cooked.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, sorry, sorry, I'm here. Okay, So what what happened? What's with your friend?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this is kind of uncomfortable for me to talk about with you, especially, but my friends thought that your photos might feel old, little problematic.
Speaker 6: As the right word.
Speaker 8: But what do you mean?
Speaker 3: But what photos.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're married to my dad now, and those types of photos might be viewed as inappropriate, inappropriate?
Speaker 5: How Oh, I don't want to get into the statistics about it. I just god, this is oh my god.
Speaker 8: All right, Well you called me to complain about them, so something in particular that you find wrong with them, so just tell me.
Speaker 5: Look, it's not just me. I'm also trying to look out for for you and and for my dad, just like you're you're my family now, and I'm I mean, I'm not going to call you my mom. You do that, but you shouldn't be posting first trap photos for everyone to see.
Speaker 8: Wait, hold on, I'm do you think those are thirst trap photos?
Speaker 5: I mean, you're you're barely wearing anything.
Speaker 8: Do you want to see a thirst trap photo photo?
Speaker 5: I don't. If I don't want to see anything that I've seen enough, I don't need to see more.
Speaker 8: Those are team compared to like what I was posting online two years.
Speaker 5: Ago, Okay, thing to hear that. I just I think about how maybe my dad would feel, because he is not on social media or anything, and if he was to find out that his young, pretty wife was putting pictures of herself like that online. I don't think he would appreciate it. I think you'd feel weird about it, and and like you're looking for other men.
Speaker 8: Still, Wow, Okay, clearly you don't know your father like at all.
Speaker 5: I think I know him pretty well. I knew him long before you did. Actually, so, Peter, he's.
Speaker 8: The one who took those photos. He told me to post him online.
Speaker 1: Relationship. Really, you got to train the guy.
Speaker 3: He's got to get the right angle too. You need some assistance with that.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, who are all these people? What is happening?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: These people Alyssa is a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, a show that you're.
Speaker 8: On right now.
Speaker 1: And you handled that so well?
Speaker 8: What Like? This was a radio called Peter, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a segment we do called Awkward Tuesday phone called. Peter reached out to us because he didn't know the right way to have this conversation with you. That the photos that you posted online might make his dad and some other people in his family feel a little bit uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: We keep saying that, but really it's just making Peter uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 3: Peter?
Speaker 2: Doesn't know how Obviously anyone else feels, including his father.
Speaker 1: His father was the one that told her to do it.
Speaker 3: Peter, your thoughts on what you just heard.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine that he would do that. Maybe if they are private, like for you and him, I can't imagine that. Yeah, put it out for the world.
Speaker 1: Maybe your dad's Your dad's a confident man.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you know.
Speaker 7: He doesn't understand social media, so he's like, sure posted, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, he doesn't millions of games.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he definitely knows social media. Like obviously he looks at my social media with me and we're laughing at the comments.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's fully aware.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine that he would. My father's an account he's a he's a pragmatic man.
Speaker 2: My hot mother is an accountant, and she will tell you that sounting can be very sexy.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of repressed emotions there then to come out. Now, your dad is in his second stage of life. He's exploring a whole new side of himself.
Speaker 8: It sounds like, yeah, he's he's into photography now. Cool, Like he's always wanted to do photography, and so I'm helping him out. It's like a passion project, like my sunset to him that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't hear his news. I mean that's what it is for you, Alsa.
Speaker 5: I mean good for you that you you look young now and you look attractive now, and you can do that and then be you.
Speaker 4: Clearly a lot for Peter to process. He didn't understand the dynamics that we're.
Speaker 1: Just don't follow her in stuff for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that might be a solution if.
Speaker 8: It makes you feel more comfortable. I could maybe make my profile private. Oh, you know, basically so your creepy friends can't look at it.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a big compromise.
Speaker 4: That's unnecessary.
Speaker 2: That's she calls him his creepy friends.
Speaker 3: Okay, that sucks for all of us. But Peter, would that make you feel more comfortable?
Speaker 5: I feel more comfortable about it, and I think that I think that would help the family if they were to.
Speaker 1: She really is a protective step mom.
Speaker 4: Wow, Melyssa.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I'll make sure, Peter, we have another photo shoot scheduled for next weekend, so I'll make sure it's private by them.
Speaker 5: What you want, don't I don't need to hear about them.
Speaker 3: Please, Peter supports you, and I want to follow her.
Speaker 5: I don't know a.
Speaker 1: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Got a text into seventy eight five nine two. It says, I want to be in Peter's stepmom's videos.
Speaker 3: Can you pass my number on to her?
Speaker 4: I think that's the exact opposite of what Peter's goal was entering his call.
Speaker 3: But hey, you.
Speaker 4: Snooze, you lose Pete. You were giving the chance, you declined. Now we're offering it up to our listeners.
Speaker 2: Peter's stepmom and Stacy's mom. You know they're like one of the same.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Can we just say for the record that it's not anybody's place to say what any person should or should not be posting of themselves online.
Speaker 1: I want to say for the record, but I'm glad you've come to that.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: If the hot young moms want to post photos of themselves, for God's sakes, do not stop them.
Speaker 3: What are You're crazy? What the hot mom's.
Speaker 4: Post and the hot dads and the ugly moms and the ugly dads.
Speaker 3: Everybody compose whatever they want.
Speaker 4: We need all those photos, and we also need you to help us get content. So if you're dealing with any awkwardness, in your life. Email the show. We can call that person and help you through it.
Speaker 1: And also follow our socials.
Speaker 2: You're not going to find any hotness, no first traps there, but yeah, and Jeffrey