Speaker 1: Twenty years ago, you look like you were ten years old.
Speaker 2: Y'all got a Google image, Jordan Carlos, your pictures are giving like young black child actor.
Speaker 3: Now I just look like a mile of bad road stop. You know it's crazier. My gap got bigger.
Speaker 4: Nice mine too.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about my puss.
Speaker 5: And that's how we met. We compared gaps.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Hi Jordan, Hi, everyone, welcome to adulting it us.
Speaker 1: People ask us this question all the time.
Speaker 2: People always want to know how did we meet because we're always just like, it's comedy. It's not like a movie with Richard Gear and Julie Roberts, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We were out here doing comedy for drink tickets.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I want to say, there's a really hilarious comedian named Josh Philipowski and he would do a lot of shows. And I feel like I definitely met you through Josh's show at some point, or.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was something else, maybe it was an open mic.
Speaker 3: I just remember a couple of amazing highlights. One was watching you at a comedy spot on Ninth Avenue. It was not a club, it was a gay bar. Yes, on Ninth Avenue. Where I watched you just like do your thing. It was amazing. I was like, why don't you sit and watch her? It was wonderful.
Speaker 4: What was I doing? You were doing your act?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, great because sometimes I do the act sometimes like I just rip on the audience. So I was like, uh, oh, what was she doing? But that's fun? Thank you for that. You don't have to tell a comedian that they look good or that they've lost weight or that they're skinny. Tell them that, like you took time out of your day to watch their set and they were good, and that's like.
Speaker 4: All you need. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It's the hardest thing for us to do is to watch a friend's act. You know, I don't remember who went up before you, but there was a definite like hole, somebody had a bad set.
Speaker 4: You went up crushed. That made me want to just like ride the way of a happiness. Absolutely, But do you remember you?
Speaker 3: Me Baron Vaughan and Victor Vernado and Elon James White. We took photos together for like a show that just did not happen or something like that.
Speaker 2: H So Elon James White also hilarious comedian that we met back in the Day, who I think is working out of San Francisco now and doing other stuff as well as comedy.
Speaker 1: He was really ahead of his time.
Speaker 2: He used to put theme shows together, and he realized the importance of all black everything way before anyone else like jumped on that bandwagon or thought it was cool or whatever the fuck or important. And so he put a show together called Shades of Black, because you know, there was a chitlin circuit there was like you can go the hood and do that shit. But he really created a scene for hipster black nerd blurred up and coming safe spaces to try new stuff. Reggie Watts was in a lot of those shows. He just like threw all the rules out the fucking door. He was like, yeah, come support these dope people. Whites now was a part of it. And so there was this show he put together called Shades of Black, and we were like on the roster like as the main names, and so like every show they'd have, he'd have us, but then also have other alternative black comedians that were in town and stuff like that, and so he got some heat on it and we did a little photo shoot for Time Out in New York and I remember thinking this is so fucking cool with my boys. And we were at my rest in power comedy club named Comics with the ex.
Speaker 4: At the end. Oh my gosh, short lived comedy.
Speaker 2: Club that had really good wings and a key line martini. Honey, I would have the key Lime martini so much that they actually named it after me. Oh my god, what a lush so key Lime. Who knew that it's called key lime because the limes are from the Florida keys. Yeah, they're the size of a grapefruit. I did put it together, but most people don't.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 2: We know you went to brown, We get it. Most people don't. It could be like somebody named.
Speaker 4: Key Okay, wait a minute. The limes there are the size of a grapefruit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're pretty big.
Speaker 4: Ha.
Speaker 1: I guess you didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I did know that limes, of course are tropical fruit, so you're NEGNI find lemons. Yeah below whatever. I was gonna say this. I just remember all these moments. But then I felt like you took this amazing like arc like you were doing like vh one Morning Buzz, and I was like, look at our go I turned on the TV in the morning and see you and Nicolache.
Speaker 4: That was Oh my god, did you watch the show? Yeah, I watch the show. That's so nice the show.
Speaker 3: We were always there. I was that other set of footprints in the sands.
Speaker 5: Okay, were you carrying me?
Speaker 1: Because I'm syed?
Speaker 4: Is that what it is? Yeah? It was in my grandma's bathroom.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, because it's like that's when God says, that's when I was carrying you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Grandma's bathrooms They.
Speaker 4: Serve, don't they? Though?
Speaker 2: They really do? They really serve. I never know what rag I'm supposed to use. I'm like, is the price textill on this shit?
Speaker 4: Truly?
Speaker 1: I missed my.
Speaker 4: Grandma, which brings us to our guests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it short does. You guys were trying something a little different with this show. I thought this was really fun. Let me know what you guys think. We have not one, but two guests with us on stage. They are just a rian. Kyle Grooms and Jay Jorden could not be more opposite, and I'm so glad we had them together. It was really nice to be on stage with all these beautiful black men with very unique voices.
Speaker 3: Yes, Kyle from Miami, of course, love him artists. Graphic designer had a million lives before he did stand up comedy. Jay Jorden, You're gonna learn about him. Amazing writer, creator, comic from Mississippi.
Speaker 4: Y'all, let's just get to it. Hello, yes, yes, yes, yes, some house lies PUAs. I need to see who the fuck I'm talking to? Who showed up? I want to see some more sweaty faces. I think some kind faces are here.
Speaker 2: Everyone looks like a substitute teacher. Why do you guys look so happy to be here? Look at all these ironic t shirts wear But look at all these sweaty titties.
Speaker 4: Not Yes, it's okay, Maybe they are right. It is humid.
Speaker 2: When I first started comedy and it was this hot, and I was like doing comedy and Times Square in August?
Speaker 4: Why to be here wear in Times Square at? Lol? Where did you do it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't remember it. That's a blackout moment.
Speaker 2: I got paid in drinks and compliments, and I remember I used to say, and this is pretty funny for like a very young comic.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, it's so hot.
Speaker 1: When I left my house, I was a skinny white girl, and now I look like me.
Speaker 4: Bitch that's funny as fuck.
Speaker 2: Don't even act like you could come up with something like that. Okay, if what happens where I wear like denim and gold, I turned into life great, I know I do.
Speaker 4: Don't she look good?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no, I will say it's a plus size forever twenty one from the waist down a garment shut out to anyone in Indonesia that made this, thank you. I'm sorry, but I've always want to wear a denim dress. There's a zipper, it's a real zipper. We'll see what happens. I've never like sat down in this dress.
Speaker 4: I know we do this to ourselves every time we challenge the so.
Speaker 2: I know I'm gonna give everyone a papsmerror. It is what it is. Speaking of papsmer.
Speaker 4: I got one today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you get a pap spar. You get a papspar you sir, you get a papspare. Look at you?
Speaker 4: You should? You know what I was like?
Speaker 1: When do guys have to get an annual thing?
Speaker 4: Uh? We annually?
Speaker 1: And I was I was, what is old thing the guys have to do?
Speaker 3: I was so excited this year I went to my doctor, got all the holes checked and the whole specifically, but and U and the urethra and.
Speaker 1: Uh, how did they check your pepy hole?
Speaker 4: They check very carefully, you know, like what did they check it with?
Speaker 6: They check your but uh with there, you know, I don't know, very delicately with a catheter.
Speaker 3: No, you have very deep I didn't really didn't. I mean it's like they're like, do you have trouble peeing?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 3: They're asking about your prostrate because I'm forty four years old, I'm old, and I was like, chocolate bunny bitch. I was most concerned about my colon and I went in. I was like I wanted colony and they were like, you're a year too early, and I was just like I still want it, and yeah, preventative, yeah, preventative.
Speaker 4: The doctor was really weird about it.
Speaker 3: He was eating a shitty like Danish while he was talking to me.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, nobody cares about health, all.
Speaker 1: Right, like a Costco Danish.
Speaker 4: It looks all fucking sweaty. Why do they always look wet? I know, they just have that that kind of like milky cheese thing.
Speaker 3: The Danes are interesting and anyway, it's like curdled and he's just like.
Speaker 10: You don't want to do that right now?
Speaker 4: You were you early for that? I don't worry about that. Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't know. I mean, I just you know, you have to keep up and maintain the bod.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how you know, people, especially my family, will take care of their cars better than their own bodies. Oh yeah, like who gues a fuck your car's insurance, but your body don't.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 3: I mean, and most of us don't even have apple Care, you know what I'm saying, Like, which leads me to this.
Speaker 4: I have apple Care. Everybody, get fucking apple Care.
Speaker 7: Okay, no, no, no, sponsor, don't do this.
Speaker 4: Round because thank you to jokes. Thank you to jokes. All right away from the boy in the stripe, round to applause.
Speaker 3: If you have apple Care, look at this, look at this. Don't tell me you have dells and compact computers. Get the fucking apple Care right now, because this is what happened to me, folks, this is what happened to me. I'm gonna share my story. I didn't share what you can't wait should say? Okay, don you're sitting down good, all right. I was doing some yoga and uh I some yoga, some yoga, yoga, yoga, I can't.
Speaker 4: I'm doing yoga. And then I go.
Speaker 3: I was like at the part of the the flow where and I'm better, It's great, Okay, I'm going into shoulder stand. I'm going into shoulder stand right and I and I was like, I can do I can do this.
Speaker 4: I'm indulph.
Speaker 3: You know when you're in dolphin and you're like, let me get let me do it, you know what I'm saying. So I go in the shoulderstand and I get my legs up and over and I'm like, I can fly. And then but it's like that part in a and like a roller coaster where you're like get.
Speaker 1: Get get get get get get dead.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I love that part of the roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Reminds me when Reese with thispoon got finger banged by Marky Marris.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yes, of course, ah yummy, and he.
Speaker 2: Didn't sniff his finger. What a missed opportunity? Like expensive, I know who she is. Go on, I'm listening.
Speaker 3: Continue, I go, I go ass over tea kettles and my computer is right, it's over tea kettles. Yeah, it's a southern thing. I went, I want to ass over tea kettles.
Speaker 4: What the fuck does that mean? It just means just like you know, I fell over.
Speaker 3: I tumbled over, like boy George, I just I tumbled over and then my and then I just karate kicked my mac Book Air thirteen.
Speaker 4: Sure what and it was dead?
Speaker 3: And I was like, and I said, I was like to my wefe It's like, oh no, oh no, that's what I said.
Speaker 4: What are you trying to gather right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just trying to figure out. I'm just trying to figure out how high were you? How low was your computer? Like Houter was thus there? And I was, so you're doing yoga from your computer?
Speaker 10: Why did you do that?
Speaker 3: I didn't warm up enough, everybody, I didn't warm up enough. I'm gonna need some uh some bing gay and a space blanket.
Speaker 4: But I'm good. I'm good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's like you get over up and over like that and then sometimes with no help, with.
Speaker 2: No teachers, with just you on your own, just Jesus, yes, by yourself.
Speaker 3: I'm very Yeah, keep going because why what did I say before? I have Apple Care?
Speaker 4: I took it to the Apple store.
Speaker 3: My favorite apple store in the meatpacking district where they don't judge you, and not the one in Brooklyn where they never seemed to be able to help you.
Speaker 4: They're like, you got an appointment? Yeah, well fuck you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like a little bit, all right, So I went to the meat packing I got it.
Speaker 4: It was great. Okay, it was great. Is it the end you asked for? Didn't she? She asked more questions. That's yash, you did, thank you? Who the fuck is that? Is that? My mother in law? Why are you challenging me? That's the end? Okay. I will say this.
Speaker 2: I would never challenge myself like that because life is challenging enough. The fact that I'm a woman that's the size eighteen twenty and a happy marriage that pays taxes on time, that loves my body is the fucking challenge.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So oh I like this lighting, Thank you. So I feel like that's where it's at. But I do a pre shape people like.
Speaker 4: You that want to do that.
Speaker 2: Like my husband's into extreme sports, and by that I mean like not looking both ways when he crosses the street. He likes he likes to go on a boat, like.
Speaker 4: In the water. What's wrong with Boating's great?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll go on a boat, but to drive it what I don't want to. I don't want responsibility like that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find a minimizer like a bra that fucking works. You know, I'm trying to find fucking denim dresses like zippers and ship and he Oh, this is what we did this weekend, y'all. We took the kids to this place called Playland, which is like a little cute amusement park for kids. And I didn't have a Xanax but needed one. I had an edible. It was fine. The terror like from the rooted to the tudor your southern thank you, Michael.
Speaker 1: I don't try to speak in his language.
Speaker 4: Is confusing. Tea and my cup.
Speaker 2: We're a mess because there's these little cute rides like dinosaurs and fucking cups and shit. Okay, but they look definitely older than Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: They had a little rust on them. They were showing they were worse for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're supposed to like just let your kids go on there. They're not even potty train can make complete sentences.
Speaker 1: But they're gonna go on a ride and be like, awesome with the rusty ass seatbelt.
Speaker 3: Oh that seatbelt is that is not working at all. It's whimsy as fuck. But what rides did they do?
Speaker 2: I blagged down there was like a motorcycle thing that they were on, and my daughter was just like, let's go. And my son was just like praying. But I didn't even know he knew how to pray. He was like just talking to himself quietly. I'm like, that's my kid.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, he was saying affirmation.
Speaker 2: And he started riding his teeth. I was like, can we stop the ride? It was like twenty seven seconds. I know that because I'm married sex and so.
Speaker 10: Yah.
Speaker 4: I gotta be honest.
Speaker 2: I don't like amusement parks. I don't like danger like that. I want to know where my tummy and my titties are at all times.
Speaker 4: What if my couci is out? What if my coucie is out? Did the Batman ride ex from Jerseys? So I grew up going? Was it? Great adventure? Action park? Great adventure?
Speaker 2: Great adventure? Not so motherfucking great? I mean I need every time I went on a ride.
Speaker 3: Oh, Michelle, I think you haven't found the right amusement park.
Speaker 4: I think that's what's going on? What then, no, don't do that?
Speaker 1: What at feel.
Speaker 4: Like gas lighting? I don't like that ship. You just need to understand I don't like some shit and move on? All right? All right?
Speaker 3: Well what if what if they what if the kids enjoy what are you okay with them enjoying it?
Speaker 4: Like? What if they want to go on another merry go round? What they want to go on?
Speaker 1: The ferriswel at the end of the day and I was like fuck no.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'd rather you have three cotton candies and like an elephant ear. I'd rather you get diabetes then go on, So make some noise if you guys are in to ride. I felt it because everybody was just like, we don't understand.
Speaker 4: Huh. I don't know. I'd rather get like choked a little during sex.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm gonna die. Let's have a look.
Speaker 4: You know, why do you why does it have to be mutually exclusive? Why? Wait? Let me ask you. Have you ever done that cyclone? This county island? Cyclone? No?
Speaker 10: Fu?
Speaker 4: Is that the wooden one? That's the wooden one that you know? Why would I go on.
Speaker 2: Something that's wood nor known I would.
Speaker 4: But now why not? No? Because it no, it sounds like it's about too brave.
Speaker 3: Who's been on the cyclone? That's right, Why bitch, I want to get you on the cyclone.
Speaker 4: I want you to come on. I just want this for you. I want to take you on the show coaster.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: I want to just accept that I want it.
Speaker 3: I guess here's the best part of the cyclone. Best part of the cyclone?
Speaker 4: Right? I remember?
Speaker 3: I remember one time on one dip I came up out that motherfucker like.
Speaker 4: This, are you using your body a lot in this show?
Speaker 3: I'm out the chair like this, and so I just gently put myself back.
Speaker 4: In and it's like, you know, I didn't because.
Speaker 2: Everyone the fu would I want to do that? Look at this body? It is like two buoys on top. Okay, it's boyant, it's gonna fly the fuck out.
Speaker 4: I want to see you.
Speaker 3: I want to see like a picture of you, like you know, like, why would you want that for me?
Speaker 4: That's not nice? I guess. I guess I'm being a dick. I'm sorry, friend.
Speaker 1: Look, let's get this show popping.
Speaker 2: I mean, we already had, but this is a very exciting show for a lot of different reasons. If you've been to adulting before, make some noise if you've been to adulting so you know, we usually do one guest at a time, but we were just like, let's just see what happens if we have.
Speaker 4: Two stage and I don't think we'll regret it. Why are you looking at Don like fun? Don? The answer is in your eyes, tell us the truth. Bring them Dan.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys are very fortunate. We have some hilarious, hilarious comedians. I love these guys so much. One hails from Miami, the other from the mighty state of Mississippi. Please give it up for Kyle Grooms and Jay Jeddah.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, Jay.
Speaker 3: Jordan over here, everybody, Kyle Grooms right.
Speaker 4: Here, everybody Grooms. This is so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I mean I've had a three someome have you.
Speaker 4: Almost? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I had two girls one night, but then I got to like excited and killed it. Yeah, because it like one girl was kind of into it and then one girl was totally into it. But instead of focusing on the girl that wasn't into it.
Speaker 4: I was just like.
Speaker 11: I was just oh, yeah, it was just two animals, two gorilla and you gotta listen to some Luther Van draws and is your way in?
Speaker 4: You're both married?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I've been with my queen for twenty four years. And yeah, August eleventh marks our third wedding anniversary. Hell yeah, stand on stand by, not one of Yeah, we wanted to see it was gonna work out first.
Speaker 7: Wild I can't say this in front of mixed company, but that's the blackest shit ever.
Speaker 4: No, I think I'm thinking after twenty years.
Speaker 11: I think I'm like you girl, you know what you I.
Speaker 4: What did her dad say?
Speaker 1: Was he like, are you gonna My dad wasn't in the picture.
Speaker 11: That's why I got the way with that.
Speaker 1: Did you just wait him out? Or you like he gonna die? No, it's just my wife.
Speaker 11: We both kind of really like the fact that we could walk away when we want, you know, just like she didn't care too much about me.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? It was like, no, I got it, that's true. You found in the fantasy. Yeah, we just was like we good. You know, we were we together? Did you did you? Did you live together? For Yes?
Speaker 11: We did, we did. We didn't break up for one year though one.
Speaker 1: Year happened that year?
Speaker 4: You know how much pussy I got that year? You know much.
Speaker 1: Swallow?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 11: Yeah, because when you break up with someone, you you can't no, I can't. I can't think of nobody else after, you know, I never checked my wife's Instagram picture page more than we did when we broke up, like you know what I mean, Like it's like, oh my god, how.
Speaker 4: Did you How did you get a modern day black notebook? But it's like black I G page.
Speaker 11: When it was time, we kind of just floated back together. And what happened, I don't know. I don't even remember. It was just kind of natural week. I think I invited Easter to my mother's house or something.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 2: Thought it was natural Easter twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: Some Jesus can resurrect, why can't we?
Speaker 3: Maybe on the third day they were back.
Speaker 7: It's like, this is some good hamd So you're right, I'm not You got me with the hand this honey bake.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll say.
Speaker 2: I love the fuck out of my husband. I haven't loved anyone like him. It's been fourteen years. Yeah, it's cute, but the pandemic like for our relationship was the hardest shit we have ever gone through. And I'm like, if it's this hard with someone I love, what's it like for someone that you're not even sure about?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like made some noise if you know people that got divorcedor broke up during the pandemic, And good and good for them, because what if there was no pandemic, they'd still be together, keeping each other miserable.
Speaker 4: But Kyle, you got married during the pandemic. Then did you get married?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I got married.
Speaker 11: I got married like six months after my surgery, after I got a hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened with yourself? Tell everybody what happened, because I'm still like, what happened?
Speaker 11: Oh well, in twenty nineteen, I had to have emergency brain surgery. I had a brain bleed like on my left front the lobe. And the way I found out I had a seizure in a vegan restaurant at the time. Yeah, yeah, meat, he just laugh when I say that, ship like that's what your ass get? You need some iron? He was having a big mac attack. No, but yeah, I had a I had a seizure, and yeah, they found out my I had a what they call a cavnoma, which is like a little group of cells that form a tumor. And then it just started bleeding. And the bleeding part is what ship like, you know, it was like yeah, your body or yeah, I was in my bat Like at first, I was like, what the fuck was happening?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 11: And you know, your mind start thinking fast. So I'm like, I knew it wasn't a heart attack because my heart wasn't hurting at all. And I knew it wasn't a stroke because Ship, I'm in a vegan restaurant and you know, I work out three times a week for fun. You know, I thought I was dying, Like I must be dying. They'd be frying tempe now, I don't know. They'd be like, hey, we can drop it in there if you want.
Speaker 2: Put the buffalo sauce in every vegan.
Speaker 7: I had, Like a really really really good vegan burger from Jirel's is downtown Manhattan. You should go, but like it's full on vegan in the same way that like it's not cheating because I told you about it right before.
Speaker 4: Like we're right on the edge.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, speaking of the edge, did you have health insurance.
Speaker 11: I canceled my health insurance a month before.
Speaker 4: I had that one month.
Speaker 11: Because I tried to get a procedure you know, you know, and.
Speaker 4: Got it. Hey, I'm a man of a certain age. I gotta get it.
Speaker 11: Here for They didn't want to pay. They didn't think like the copay was like, you know, a couple of thousand dollars, was like, what the fuck am I doing?
Speaker 4: Insurance?
Speaker 11: I might as well wait on Obamacare, you know what I mean? But the marketplace was closed. But I could wait till the fall to sign up for Obamacare, you know what I mean. I said, I'm healthy, I'll make it. Man, Like three weeks later, is there anything? Is there anything? Is there anything you can do? Like preventative? It's it's impossible right now. If they said that, that could have been in my brain for my whole life. They just it just started bleeding. And the scariest part was that my speech started to go and my right arm was like yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, you know yeah.
Speaker 11: But as soon as they cleaned up the mess, I started to reanimate, you know, and look there's not even a scar.
Speaker 3: The job.
Speaker 4: Ok.
Speaker 7: I'm just happy the surgeon wasn't Ben Carson. I'm just having.
Speaker 4: Did you say, Ben Carson.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what he used to do, right, that's before they may put him in charge of the ghetto or whatever. It's Donald Trump's he was like housing.
Speaker 4: An urban development.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, he's like it's right there on the title do what you do, Blessed Hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what. Health scares are really crazy.
Speaker 2: They definitely, you know, it's I feel like the pandemic has been sort of like a collective health scare, where like when you have a healthcare you really, or at least most people, if you're smart, take note of their body and also their time. You start spending time with people you really love and appreciate. And so I feel like that happened out of the pandemic, where people were just like my time is precious. Like I've done like a lot of isolating just so I could be at this restaurant. I need to like you, you know what I mean, Like even if it's casual, Like I want to hear how your story ends.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know I don't like most of your stories, but I do love you.
Speaker 2: I thought I had la Did you guys feel like that outside of the pandemic and especially after your health scared that you were just like time is precious, let me stop sucking around.
Speaker 11: Yes, but I spent the pandemic in Florida, So my pandemic was a whole lot different than New York. We was outside after two weeks, you know, we you know, we treated it like it was a rumor, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: They were in Florida, Like you know what they say, they say, some covid up there, Yeah, someing not down here in Florida.
Speaker 8: They should be saying, guess hey, right, oh my god, what the fun Well, the craziest part about Florida trying to like get rid of homosexuality is that they.
Speaker 7: You hire the most homosexuals per capita just because of Disney, Like do you understand how many like not so great tenors with musical theaterges like you know what, Like you know what, technically I'm a friend of Peter Pan I'm like, okay, Chuck, I get it, Like.
Speaker 4: Are we are we gonna hook up or not?
Speaker 7: I didn't come to Orlando for nothing, Like you don't understand how many of my friends are like it's mae goofy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, get the fuck out of here Mary, What was it like growing up in Mississippi. Okay, so Mississippi, No, don't. First of all, you don't have clean water right now, so be nice.
Speaker 4: That's not a joke. Yeah, and Jackson we have clean water.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well it's because we have home on. Okay, so in sixteen nineteen.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: About to come on, I don't have time, am I gonna like do the speed round?
Speaker 1: And then Sarata Bullock adopted a black kid, and.
Speaker 4: Then now so uh, then the earth cools yes, study.
Speaker 7: And then Brandy moved to California never so it's like a bunch of So the reason they don't have clean water is because they've been dealing water issue for the past three years and the Republican governor has yet to actually address it because of the residence of the city of Jackson happened to be eighty percent black, so it's not gonna really cut into his voting constituency, so he doesn't see it as a huge emergency.
Speaker 4: That's a sad part.
Speaker 7: The funny part about growing up in Mississippi is that when you're when you're black in Mississippi, every now and then, like like when you're talking about social studies in fourth grade, fifth grade, they'll be like, oh, well, you know, this country used to have a history of racial tension. And like in Mississippi, your teacher just says, you know what you can do look outside and you're like, oh, one of those they're like those are cotton fields. It's like, okay, I know where this is at. We don't have to talk about this. It was fun. It was lights. It was it was fun.
Speaker 4: It was lights.
Speaker 7: I mean, when you're you don't have the luxury of not talking about race, do you, You one hundred percent don't, only because your blackness is in constant conflict with like this old South ideological like value system that so many people who are in power have. That your blackness isn't something you like stumble upon. It's something you're like very hyper aware of growing up. And then you had like queerness on top of that, like around middle school. Like my whole time in middle school and high school, I was like, Okay, just be funny, just be funny, just be funny, and nothing can happen to you. And then the minute like a cute boy like moved and like came into our high school, I was like, y'all that new guy. He seems really cool. Can we should hang out with a new guy? He seems like he got a lot of school stuff going on. We don't know his parents do for a living.
Speaker 4: Let's talk. Could you be out in your high school?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: I always say we didn't have any gay guys at my high school. But we did have guys that we called gay. And it's only but he wasn't even gay. It's just one time we saw him tuking shirt in and that's all. It takes shit in Mississippi. If you did your homework, people like, man, were you gay? I'm like, no, this is ap English. We should all be doing our homework.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then on top red Beloved, I read Beloved, let's talk about it? Come on, but Jay, on top of that, which blew me away as you went to old miss did I doubled down on the races, Oh Mississippi. Okay, Oh my good, Okay, I think you're talking about Sweet Michelle, Oh my good. You know all the scary parts of Lovecraft Country. Wait all that it's all scary. No, so old Missus University of Mississippi. Sadly, old Missus mascot is the rebels which war I wonder. So the Ole Miss is like a very vaunted southern institution. They call themselves like the Harvard of Mississippi, but I mean they're also the Yale of Mississippi. They're the Princeton of Mississippi, the other Dartmouth of Mississippi. They the Upinn of Mississippi. I mean they are they're the derived Mississippi too. It's just did them all. I say that having two degrees when they got a theater degree in an English degree. But I love I loved my time at Old Miss only because like Southern people, they are so warm, but also just so oblivious to certain facts, like there is a okay anyone who y'all been watching like Bama rush TikTok shit.
Speaker 4: Okay, so if you know about a sorority.
Speaker 7: Rush, like a big southern state schools, like it's a huge deal, and like so you sororities have like mansions where these girls live and they have people. They have men college aged boys who like get to work some of the parties, who get to like help the girls with It's it's supposed to be attractive men who like wont trying to thing too crazy. So it's usually where the gays go. But here's a crazy part about this title. This specific designation in the sorority houses is known as a house boy. Like, as a black person, you're just like, yeah, I'm good on that. I don't, I don't got to be in with house boy, Just like little stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Ask me when my Dutch husband first moved to America and we moved in with each other, and it would be nighttime and we'd be ready to go to bed, he'd be like, are you ready to go to the master's bedroom.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta take a bag.
Speaker 4: You just gotta take it back.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the question the audience wrote down some questions about adulting and were about to answer them.
Speaker 1: How do you guys feel about it?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: Yeahad pick one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jordan, you go first. We started off. Okay, here's a question from the audience.
Speaker 3: What's your advice for meeting people in the wild instead of on apps.
Speaker 2: Oh I love this question because I met my husband in the wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty like. The more I'm just like it was supposed to be one night stand.
Speaker 2: The more I'm like, especially raising kids, I'm like, but also be careful, like, be a good judge, of character. You're not just gonna roll up on any dog and be like, I guess you're friendly because you have a tail.
Speaker 4: Like you have to like.
Speaker 2: Understand that you you can drink with someone. They don't have to take advantage of you. That it it doesn't have to go down like that. But I'm setting it up really wrong.
Speaker 4: The point is.
Speaker 2: Bring a friend and just say I'm gonna go to this bar and talk to people at the bar, like just practice talking and then that'll give you like enough like you know, steam or whatever the fuck for the right one.
Speaker 4: Although being single and.
Speaker 2: COVID that's crazy. Like I always say, it's like safer to like suck a salty dick and hug your grandma, so be careful.
Speaker 3: I would only say that if you're going to no one's writing it down salty dick. No, I just I feel like okay apps versus in the wild. I would say that if you're going to meet somebody in the wild, be doing something that you love to do, because you'll likely have something in common with them. So whether it's like you're like rock climbing, or you're like doing like Midsummer night swing or movies in the park or like waiting. Yeah, it's a it's a like not in my house, not just swing music.
Speaker 7: Where the when the guys try to like throw you over the story, We're just like, no, I don't like this. I ain't here to dance.
Speaker 4: Ma't the question? Okay, okay?
Speaker 7: Any tips on how to sustainably split ones there's a lot of words. Any tips on how to sustainably split one's time between two cities as an artist semi sustainably?
Speaker 4: I know it can be done, though, Go a wait, let me see this question. What semi sustainably? Zoom meetings that? Yes, what cities? Are we talking cities? I know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I will I will say this, if you want to live in two places at once, you can maybe you can just I know, Aaron B. You can like rent a room from someone's place, so maybe you don't have to like commit to a whole motherfucking place but still have your own like little nook. But for me, if I did that, like I need my own toilet because I can't be sharing emotions with somebody else like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, do you have like jump offs in different cities?
Speaker 4: Is that also the goal? You got homes in different area coats.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this we're trying. I'm trying to swing it back around to something fun. This sounds very work if it's a work from home situation and you can work remotely. There's so many The dollar is so strong right now that you can I.
Speaker 4: Think we answered it. That's it. You hurry her for.
Speaker 7: Jordan wants you to go colonize more places with your financial job.
Speaker 4: Go calinize up. Which question did you get, Kyle? Why do black women have to pay taxes? O? All right? I was the women have such a so hot through enough.
Speaker 11: Yeah, love a white woman. I'm kidding a black woman. I'm kiding love a black woman.
Speaker 4: Is that real?
Speaker 11: Don do you want to take this one? I say she should write her congressman or something.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, I'm gonna put this on my fridge. Whoever the fuck wrote this, it's as good as.
Speaker 4: Fuck shit, Michelle, What do you think? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, we shouldn't be paying No, we're like saving the country.
Speaker 4: I saw that Joe Biden tweet the other day.
Speaker 2: I mean he was like, okay, okay, Gop, you really pissed off the women now, especially the black women.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens. I'm like don't do that, Joe, It's too much.
Speaker 2: I'm actually I think I'm gonna leave this country.
Speaker 1: So I'll see y'all on Amsterdam again.
Speaker 3: The dollar very strong against the euro. Right now, does one go to and after after party? After the after party?
Speaker 4: Oh what the fuck? Second locatione IM.
Speaker 2: Like, look, if you're still high on whatever the fuck it hasn't like come down yet to go to the party, and.
Speaker 4: If you're steal in your twenties.
Speaker 7: Because I'm gonna give a queer, uh perspective on this, y'all do understand, Okay, So in the queer community, gays make noise. Okay, So after these are for fucking if you if you're at like an after after after party, do not have panties on. You know what it's like, don't like, don't come there and be like what, I wonder what we're about to do? Like when you walk into an after after after after after party, Yeah, you just need to be like, I don't love choking, but go for it, like you need to walk in and walk out of your pants as you walk into the apartment.
Speaker 4: That sounds like fine, I've heard they are.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, total conjecture. Okay, here's why we are getting married next year. Yay, double exclamation point.
Speaker 7: Our question is should we combine finances pros verse cons question mark flit the room.
Speaker 4: Kyle, did you combine your finances?
Speaker 11: Yeah, one account together, but then we have our own account.
Speaker 4: That's how we.
Speaker 2: And then like you know, for household ship. You know, but everybody is different. Everyone's different. You know, everybody can afford a prenup.
Speaker 4: So you're saying, escrow make the love grow. I get that. I get that.
Speaker 3: I would I would just say, just take a take a snapshot of when you are your happiest, which which is now by the triple exclamation points. Here, do you do you have separate checking accounts? If the answer is yes, keep it that way all right? Uh oh, this isn't This is a good question.
Speaker 2: This is the last question everyone, Okay, I mean for you guys, not for us, not for the.
Speaker 4: Not for the evening. Oh my god, so funny.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like I've never felt so close to Steve Harvey.
Speaker 4: Yes, like that was a real reaction.
Speaker 7: Oh you said, what what?
Speaker 4: What's just like?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 4: I've bet every money my goddamn pocket that ain't up there. I love it so much wait this one time.
Speaker 1: The word the question was name something that comes after the word pork exactly.
Speaker 4: Bitch, do you know?
Speaker 2: We were like pork chop, you know, pork like loin. And this one guy goes coupine.
Speaker 1: And and Steve is like what with his men's warehouse bow tie on and everything this Jude was.
Speaker 4: And the suspenders. He was like, cupine, poor cupie. Steve.
Speaker 8: Steve was like what.
Speaker 2: And then and then he goes this up there, and then Steve goes, I've bet every dollar I got it is not number one. It's number one on YouTube it is. And then his fucking mom, who's like a pastor, was like.
Speaker 10: Be there, Bedad, who are you?
Speaker 4: Boso much? Okay?
Speaker 7: My favorite but also my favorite thing to do when white people get something wrong now and public, is to do a family feud. Good answer, good answer, good answer, Good answer is wrong, but you try.
Speaker 4: So fucking true. Okay.
Speaker 2: And the last question for you guys, what's the appropriate reaction to a quief?
Speaker 4: Ooh, ooh, we fucking wait a minute.
Speaker 3: A reaction to a quief as in the person that queefs or fuck or if I hear, if I hear a quief, if you hear a quief, I usually take it as a compliment.
Speaker 7: Jordan actually takes off his monocle and top had it my lady.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, I'm like I did that too much? Escape what I'm making air escape out this moment.
Speaker 2: The last time I queeped, I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Bless me, zoom time.
Speaker 7: I think I think everyone should be happy with it, because you birth to let know someone know a meal was good, so like it just yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think you know, when I was in my twenties and I would quef, I'd be like, oh no himself. But by the time I was thirty two, I was like, I don't know, I can't do it again.
Speaker 1: Benda like like.
Speaker 4: Just enjoy it. If your body makes noises, is this great?
Speaker 7: Everyone's like freakier now too, Like we all you know, TikTok tells you just exactly how much of a deviant you are, So like, I feel like we've.
Speaker 1: All been freaky, but like now we can display it.
Speaker 4: Yes, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I was, I was talking to a coworker and she was like, everybody's gay now.
Speaker 4: I said, bitch, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: So we've all been here bitch, it's just legal now, Like, what the fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 7: Those same people are like, I don't know why all these kids are gay. When I was growing up, we only had men and women and then my very quiet uncle and you're like, well, yes you.
Speaker 1: Know, Oh my god, love you truth everyone.
Speaker 4: Please, you've been very quiet. By the way. We want to know how you would respond.
Speaker 2: In any respond Do you make a song out of it?
Speaker 1: Is there a Kueef drop on that mixing board? Not yet?
Speaker 4: Give a minute?
Speaker 2: All right, we ask all, I guess what's the most adult thing you want to do for yourself this year that you have not done?
Speaker 4: And it could be anything.
Speaker 7: Okay, I've bought a bunch of sensible sneakers, so that's like already happening. No, Like these like these are new balances. They're waterproof and they're very comfortable. So I'm like, I'm getting on up there. The most adult thing I want to do, I would like to wear a tie this year.
Speaker 4: I haven't worn a tie.
Speaker 7: I haven't want to tie, like since I moved in New York become like a cool queer, But like I want to wear a tie. That's that's a goal. I learned how to tie a bow tie today, So I got.
Speaker 4: Big day for you.
Speaker 1: That's screaming at you overthinking it. Don't overthink it. Okay, what do you want to do for yourself?
Speaker 11: Yeah, as an adult, I never got into like the stock market. Like I'm really studying the stock market. I know I'm kind of late, but you know.
Speaker 1: It'll always be there, just stocks and ship.
Speaker 3: It's probably not It's not a bad time to get into an index fund if you want, uh, you know.
Speaker 11: Blue chip of like fur one k's and others. But I don't really know, like you.
Speaker 3: Have your four to one k's and your employers feeding into that.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the this is the part of the show where he always sounds like Obama and he's gonna give you some advice like he's Obama.
Speaker 4: I think that what you the best thing you can do right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah it is, Jordan.
Speaker 4: Tell me how much my Yu gi oh cards are worth.
Speaker 7: That's what I want to know. You're not a doc magician. He's still in the case. My god, hold on to that because you never know. Nothing beats nothing beats real est.
Speaker 3: Because they've they're not making any more land and but I believe in you. I believe that the American economy will bounce back.
Speaker 4: All right, everyone give it up for our guess.
Speaker 10: Jane Cole.
Speaker 4: Yo, Man, what a convo, what a talk, what a time.
Speaker 2: It was so fun to have so many different voices on one stage. It was like, oh man, it reminded me of like the Chelsea Handler show back in the day. You know, when you just have a bunch of comedians in a panel, like I just miss that.
Speaker 1: It's such a good formula. I hope somebody brings it.
Speaker 4: Back, truly. And Jay, I'm just I'm in awe of Jay Oh.
Speaker 2: So Kyle Man to go through something that traumatic and still laugh and be just healthy and there for your children and the appreciation you have for every day. You know, it's a gift. And that's why, like you got to take care of yourself. You got to protect your energy in your heart. Like bad people you can go toxicontherfuckers, bye bye. You know, you want to protect your energy because life really is that short. And also like if you see someone who has fainted or might look like they're having a seizure, like definitely help them because sometimes it's just like we're minutes away from something really bad happening. So you know, I'm a real see something to say something, motherfuckers, so help your brother used to stay out.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Yeah, take a minute out of your day and show your children that. Yes, you know, be an example. I had to model it for my son.
Speaker 4: Yesterday. We're in midtown.
Speaker 3: This lady she got her foot caught like on a sidewalk and her bodega cart went one way, she went another. She hit the cement and we were kind of lucky because it was like nothing, but we were in this area where it's nothing but hospitals, and so it was me and then two nurses were like helping her up. But it's like, I just wanted my son to see that that when people are hurt, we stop what we're doing and we help them.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean leading by example, I think is modeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: We're not in the same boat, but we are in the same storm, and that is what it is. That's adulting, baby, roll on.
Speaker 2: And that is the honey huss you by Jordan Edward Carlos Sanchez Rodriquez.
Speaker 4: Everyone.
Speaker 2: Come on, Jordan, you're welcome, Come on, where's your R and B album?
Speaker 3: I know still working on it. Listen, love you pal, love you a million, Gonna put another dime in the meter.
Speaker 2: Okay, you had been so dime.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the fuck are we talking about?
Speaker 4: A dime in the meter.
Speaker 3: It's an old expression. You don't say dollar or like, you know, come on now, Oh my god, just let me have it.
Speaker 4: I tried.
Speaker 2: I said, Okay, I was really trying to be on board, but my face don't lie.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna call my therapist, doctor googleman.
Speaker 1: They better be a network because I know you go a lot.
Speaker 4: Bye by. This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: Our senior producer is Natalie Wrinn.
Speaker 4: Senior managing producer is Hannah Kyle Kraig.
Speaker 1: This episode was sound design.
Speaker 4: And engineered by Ryobom.
Speaker 1: Our guest booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 4: Our theme song in live show, Djang is by DJ don Well. This Bellhouse show is produced by Mary Anne Ways.
Speaker 1: Photography by Christ Spender.
Speaker 4: Most artwork by Jamie Bechtel.
Speaker 2: Executive produced by Karen Kilgarriff, Georgia Hartstark and Danielle Kramer.
Speaker 4: Follow the show on Instagram at adulting the Pot.
Speaker 2: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com mm hmm,