Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is mick Shots, streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humuller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And here we are. It's a fabulous Monday here in the s w BC podcast studio. Time for another edition of Micshots.
Speaker 4: What an edition that will be.
Speaker 3: It should be a rocking edition of mix shots.
Speaker 5: Get get your get your finger ready there, Christopher, Mickey's.
Speaker 2: Going to have a rant silence silence thing.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well, where do we start on this one.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. I thought I'd seen just about everything you could see with the Cowboys playing in Philadelphia, and now I've seen some more.
Speaker 3: Let's get your microphone up closer to your mouth so we can hear them.
Speaker 2: Are you hearing me?
Speaker 4: There you go?
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of falling away.
Speaker 2: It's wompy. There was a lot of things that fell away last night. I mean we talked about it going into the game, about what happened in the eighty seven game when Randall cunn of him, faked the kneel down and threw a touchdown pass even though the Eagles had won the ball. We talked about the eighty nine game, the second game of the Bounty Bowl game. Talked about in ninety one Kelvin Martin returning a punt for a touchdown, broke their hearts to break their hardin the Cowboys deal. Talked about the snowballs in eighty nine, and.
Speaker 3: Talk about Emmett Halloween.
Speaker 2: We talked about load left, talked about.
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, load left these days and every coach goes for it on Switzer was just ahead of his time.
Speaker 2: I pointed out. I think it was in the New York Post or Daily News. They had a picture of Jerry and Switzer side by side and it said Dumb and Dumber. The movie movie was out and then and then uh yeah, the load left and the one year I think it was ninety five. Maybe Darren Woodson sealed the deal with an interception for a touchdown. No, that was ninety four. So yeah, I've seen a lot, but I don't think I've ever seen and you guys will appreciate this. When the fourth down pass was incomplete and Philadelphia got the ball with I think it was one seventeen left. Shut my laptop. It was like, all right, time to pack up.
Speaker 3: This is you were done.
Speaker 2: I was done.
Speaker 3: And then they get the ball back the head three times.
Speaker 2: I know I saw it. I saw it, But I said, what are the chances the defense is going to stop them? Three and out? Like they're going to run the ball and get a first down.
Speaker 3: I almost got a funnel recovery.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so I got remind Joe.
Speaker 2: I got reminded of what I did when I got in the plane and I opened my laptop and I didn't like click off what I was watching. Right, So the freeze frame was twenty eight twenty three, one seventeen left. The Eagles had the ball and that was frozen on the screen, right, And I go, huh, who would have thought that in forty six seconds they can go almost eighty yr eighty six yards for a touchdown. It's unbelievable, just unbelievable. The things that happened once they got to the sixth year line.
Speaker 3: Speak of that the fourth and eight am I the only one in America who thought field goal there?
Speaker 2: No, I said, you better go for it.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't think we could get back.
Speaker 2: I didn't think they get the ball back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I didn't want to go for the field goal.
Speaker 3: I didn't think they could get in the end zone. I thought the best chances of winning the game were two field goals. And you're facing fourth and eight. Okay, And I'm not saying I definitely would have done this, but it definitely crossed my mind. Okay, you've got a field goal kicker who's made nineteen out of nineteen. It's a forty seven yard field goal. You got a minute seventeen left, with three timeouts. You don't even have to kick an on side kick. You kick it deep and you do exactly what happened after the incompletion. You stop them three and now you don't have to score a touchdown. All you got to do is get back a field goal range. I no, but but in this day and age, everybody goes forward on fourth down, so it's not doesn't even enter the mind.
Speaker 4: Of people's analytics, right.
Speaker 3: Just like on the Schoonmaker touchdown that was decided prior to that drive, because analytics say you go forward every single fourth down and you go for the touchdown because with ten minutes left. With the ten minutes left in the game, you don't have enough time to get the ball back once. Well, they got it back three times after that.
Speaker 2: So go ahead, start with your catch.
Speaker 4: That was more of a red right, then you don't. But again on the.
Speaker 3: Field goal, I'm not saying I necessarily would have made that decision, but it crossed my mind.
Speaker 4: It did cross mind too.
Speaker 3: But now the other part of that is if they make if they kicked the field goal to get it down to two points, Philadelphia plays it different when they get the ball back because they know a field goal beats them, and so they actually try to get a first down so that it doesn't like the It's not like the game plays out the same way. So all right, go to schoolmaker might.
Speaker 2: As well because after the game, if one guy said it, five guys said it. Boy, this is a game of inches.
Speaker 6: That is just the thing of this game that everyone has been saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, how wide is your knee? Maybe six inches eight inches at the most. I'm gonna get you going on that, by the way, because if you're a running back, right and you fumble, if your knees down plays over right, that's what they judge if it's a fumble or but Bill's gonna explain to you what makes constitute a catch?
Speaker 3: Well, I just decided I'm going to look up in the rule book. What what What is a completed pass in the NFL? And I'll get past the elementary stuff here and go to Okay, it's a completed catch if if A the player secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground, and not or but and B touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of the body other than his hands, and not or but and C after A and B have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game, tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield or avoid, or a ward off an opponent, or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so. You have to complete all three of those, Okay, and so for a completed catch in this case, schoonmaker does not complete that catch until he secures the ball tucks it away, which is against the ground, And if that ball scort it out when he hit the ground, then it is an incomplete pass. After he does that, he hit, the ball is not just barely touching the goal line. It is all across the goal line, the plane of the goal line. Okay, it's sitting on the goal line right there. So my question is when is that a catch? Is it when the ball first touches him and his knee is down and clearly the ball is not to the goal line as when you break it down frame by frame like they do on replay, and they just stop it there and don't show you what happened the rest of the play, or is it a catch after what the rule states that you fall to the ground and you secure, you tuck the ball away. He didn't tuck the ball away until he hit the ground and had the balls squirt it out. It was incomplete pass, correct, But we changed the rules when we go to replay, we change the rules. And it's like when the ball first touches your body, now that is when the catch was made.
Speaker 2: They judged it like he was a running back. Like the running back, your knee hits the ground, and where's the ball at, not where you finish falling or.
Speaker 3: When you completed the catch. Yeah, right, they didn't judge it where you completed the catch.
Speaker 2: And we're talking six inches and they changed.
Speaker 3: It, but well, the competition committee needs to clarify this, and they can take that play right there, and it is you don't review where when you review it, it is where you completed the catch, not where you first touched the football.
Speaker 2: Right, And because had that ball come out, it would have been incomplete right right exactly, and they would have said, well, he didn't go to the ground completely. But see, that's what happened.
Speaker 5: To the How did how did the coach look at it? How did mccafee look at it. I'm sure he didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't. I don't. I don't think he argued it. Yeah, because it was so bang bang, and even though they showed it up on the big screen a thousand times and get everybody riled up, right, and and Dak thought it was an amazing play by by Ferguson, I mean, scoon maker. You know. It was a quick boom boom, throw it out there, and he did what he was supposed to do because somebody was questioning, well.
Speaker 3: Should he run the route deep enough? And well his feet were in the end zone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just kind of where where he came down.
Speaker 3: Which way was in the end zone right, the need right right, and he was down and when he can pletely catch it was in the end zone. So yeah, they got that clear.
Speaker 2: They didn't make it. They didn't make a big deal out of that.
Speaker 5: And no one talked to the referees about it.
Speaker 2: I don't think they did because.
Speaker 5: Y'all scared of the referee, as me that y'all are really afraid of those the way you told me, it happened like last year.
Speaker 2: You got to request, you got to request a pool reporter to go in and ask questions. And the pool reporter would have been from Philadelpia and they sit in.
Speaker 5: There smoking cigarettes and cigars with drinks in their hands.
Speaker 2: So do you think guys could come in like this?
Speaker 3: Do you think the official was influenced by the Eagles bench on them when they picked up the flag on the Michael Gallop hands to the do you think they never you think you think if that happens on the Cowboys sideline, that that flag gets They never.
Speaker 4: Explained, they explained.
Speaker 2: Eagle sideline when flag they came, they came to and he just said there's no penalty, that's all he said. I didn't realize what had happened because we never got a replay on it, or I didn't see where you were, so I didn't see the hands to the face right, and then the other one, and so every time they did the replay, it was always on Philadelphia's sideline right the the uh uncatchable ball they called the interference on Gilmore. The ball was five yards out of bound. One guy, the back judge has to come in and say, you need to pick that flag up. That ball wasn't catchable, and they never did it.
Speaker 5: It's like, so do we do we know who these guys are? Do we know this this crew? Well, I can tell you what are they. We've had We've had some run in with some with some of my referees, and I think we need to start calling out by name.
Speaker 6: And then there was the one on Micah Persons that they didn't call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh my goodness, the man got You couldn't see the man hanging off of his waist well.
Speaker 2: And then the other one the guy grabbed the Yeah, that's the kickback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 5: One as the as the running back you know clearly out flanked him because he would had someone hanging on his waistline it's crazy, man, It's.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, and it should never be, you know, none of this home field advantage.
Speaker 5: I got to say. I saw, I saw. They called the holding on us right the tight end. Oh yeah, maker, he had him inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The next series Philly had the ball. The guy did the same thing to us, same block, right, same block, He had him inside. Their running back goes by. Nobody calls anything the exact same positioning inside the shoulder pads above the breast area.
Speaker 2: They didn't, and he had that guy blocked until the guy.
Speaker 4: It was a bad call.
Speaker 2: And that was a what twenty some.
Speaker 3: Yard eighteen yard first down run? And I was think first and twenty instead, And on that play.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of Nate because he's always ranting about get Dottle the ball, get Dottle the ball and the ball. And then they ended up punting on that possession, didn't they. Yeah, So there's that. There was the two point conversion that Dax toes how long are you Toes? Maybe three inches? Just stepped on the line and he was like afterwards, he goes, you know, he goes, I know, I'm not very fast, and I thought the guy had the angle on me. He goes, But after I looked at it, he goes, I shouldn't just have just kept running instead of diving. He didn't need to plant and dive. He didn't need to.
Speaker 5: If I if I had a ride put through my leg, I don't know, you know, freely I would they about running towards the power or.
Speaker 2: How about trying to dive for the end zone and whether right now it's like, no, do not do that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: But there so there was like you know, and they all kept talking about it's a game of inches, and they were right. It was a game of inches. If you think about the other thing that happened on I think it was the last two uh Philadelphia touchdowns. They started at the forty yard line. They only had to go sixty. The best kicker in the league kicks the ball out of bounds for the first time. It's rare, right, but it dribbles out of bounds, and fortunately for Philadelphia, the guy that touched it had one foot out of bounds. So he's allowed to go ahead and do right.
Speaker 3: Not just fortunate he's coached that way.
Speaker 2: I think that I don't think that guy knew what he was doing.
Speaker 4: He did not know what he was doing.
Speaker 3: He went over there and you you talked to bones Fossil and you ask him to do I.
Speaker 2: Know, they that.
Speaker 4: The ball. Why would he even run over there, you know?
Speaker 2: And I know what, I know what Aubrey did. The wind was coming. He was kicking it into the wind, and there's that open spot in the stadium there where the wind comes in and the flags were really blowing hard. Uh, And I think he tried to overkick it, like I'm kicking into the wind. I got to give it a little extra and then he just line drives it to the left, so they only got to go sixty yards and they get a touchdown. And then the other one.
Speaker 3: They but that was in the first half. That one was the first half one. And then the other one you're about to talk about is the opening kickoff of the second the second half.
Speaker 2: It's a touch back and he gets called for face masking. How does that happen? It's a touchback and they started the forty and drove and score right right.
Speaker 3: That's where the Eagles took control of the game, was in the third quarter with a sixty yard drive for one touchdown. And then the Cowboys after the Rico dowdle eighteen yard run and the hold on schoon Maker pushed them back. They should have been first down at the twenty seven yard line the plus twenty seven. Instead they're first and twenty at their own forty five. That was a twenty eight yard penalty right there then, and then they wound up punting, and then the Eagles go eighty seven yards in eleven plays.
Speaker 2: For the touchdown, and that made it twenty eight.
Speaker 3: And that made it twenty eight to seventeen.
Speaker 2: And that was and that was the pass interference that the ball way out of bounds on Gilmore during that drive, So that got the ball from the Philadelphia forty two to the Dallas forty one. And then they got a defensive holding on Wilson, So the Cowboys had during that drive Hankins in the neutral zone interference and Donovan Wilson with.
Speaker 3: A hold, so they had three. Dallas had three penalties on the defense on that drive, allowing them to go eighty seven yards and they completed a three yard touchdown pass to aj Brown to make it twenty eight seventeen. Last possession of the game, the Cowboys started their own fifteen. That would have been an eighty five yard touchdown drive. That would have mirrored that with three penalties against the Eagles. But the Cowboys get down at the six yard line with first and five at the six yard line and go twenty one yards backwards. You can break it down to that as well. That the Eagles converted for a touchdown when they got down inside the five yard line after benefiting from three defensive The Cowboys were unable.
Speaker 4: What was wrong with the alignment? What was wrong with the formation itself?
Speaker 2: No, that was the series before they ended up scoring. Anyway, when they called Tuma for a legal alignment.
Speaker 6: And they said yea, yeah, report that.
Speaker 2: Dak reported to the Rough said he told the ref that he's he's in as a tight end. He said, I told him two or three times, and after it was over he said, no, he's got to say.
Speaker 3: It, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So then Zach said he went to Tuma and said did you report in? He goes, yeah, I told him, so, I don't know who's you know.
Speaker 5: Well, when he got on the sidelines, you could see that he was clearly hey, I told him.
Speaker 4: So is it?
Speaker 3: Do you have to report to the referee or can you report to any official?
Speaker 2: That part. I don't know. I think it's the referee because he usually.
Speaker 3: So maybe Tuma went to someone with black white stripes on it was.
Speaker 2: They usually say number seventy one is reporting in a tight end, right, And because when they showed the replay, they didn't not they just said it was an illegal formation. They didn't say it didn't report in So when I saw him lined up, it's like, well, he's on the line of scrimmage. There's nothing wrong. They didn't explain that. So yeah, there was all these little things that ended up being a mountain of things. The reason you got to.
Speaker 3: Beat Okay, well, we got much more to talk about. We went beyond our normal time constraints there on the first segment of this edition to mix. So much more to get to when we come back. Get a moment.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The press scout. Who looks right, it's not there. He escaped leaft. He'll look full a pres down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sell o our cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi.
Speaker 3: Finish nachos better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite Wood a pairing can cracks, a kickoff, tailgates, going way pass, postgame day night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swager Brisky in the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Cup, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, fort Worth, Texas, Demitt shuts.
Speaker 6: K Post Roofine and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: How's that tex line this morning?
Speaker 6: I have to say it's a little aggressive.
Speaker 2: Savannah being wire, being real polite.
Speaker 6: Some good ones, Okay, good ones here in a little bit.
Speaker 3: All right, very good.
Speaker 2: You know what the shame of the thing was is that they nearly overcame themselves by how well they played offensively. If you look at what they did, it was four hundred and six yards total offense to their two hundred and ninety two. By the way, that was the most yards gained on the Eagles so far this year. Dak Prescott throws for three seventy four and three touchdowns. He had a quarterback rating a one point fifteen point two. And I don't want anybody to tell me that he can't put the team on his back, because most of what he did were not design plays. He was playing football. And I heard this on the radio and I had to look it up when I got home. Eight times in his career he's thrown for more than three hundred yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions, and they won every one of those games. And this time they got beat. So one time and nine times he's done that, this is the first time he's gotten beat. Ceedee Lamb had a career high last week one hundred and fifty eight yards receiving. Had one hundred and ninety one in this game. Yeah, one hundred and ninety one. Jake Ferguson career high ninety one yards receiving and a touchdown. Jalen Tolbert had his first NFL touchdown and it was a great play on him in the scramble mode and he cut in and then it went back out and was able to catch the ball. They held Jalen Hurts to two hundred and seventy yards passing. It was the least he's had I think it was since the first two games of the season. So you know, they did some good things in how many yards do you have? He had two hundred and seven passing.
Speaker 3: Oh, two hundreds, I thought you said to seventy. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: And his rating was pretty good too.
Speaker 2: But the rating was good. He was one thirty point two because they only threw the ball twenty three times. Yes, but you know, I guess when they scored, they weren't always long drive. Like I said, two of them were sixty yarders, didn't get takeaways, and I know I kept thinking of that. And aj Brown seven catches for sixty six yards. That's the first time in seven games he didn't get one hundred and twenty five. So you know, they did good things and you just you got to win the game, you know, And that was kind of dak afterwards, you know, somebody asked him about you know, this was supposed to be a test. You know, how'd you guys do and he goes, well, I judge myself on wins and we didn't win, so if it was a test, we didn't pass, Michael Parsons said, we flunked, you know. He said, we didn't flunk like and he meant like they did against San Francisco.
Speaker 4: YEA, yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: Kind of the way I looked at it this game to me, and I think I felt it hopefully. I said it all week. I want to win the game, but I want to see where we were.
Speaker 3: And you looked at it as a litmus test.
Speaker 2: I really did, really very funny.
Speaker 4: Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: They asked he was a litmus test.
Speaker 3: That had like quizzical look in his face, like.
Speaker 2: At all, and then he said he said, I'm not sure what you're asking, and they explained it to him. He goes, oh, he goes, I'm from Louisiana. Well, after the game, he had finished his his deal and I finished what I had to do, and we happened to be walking towards the bus at the same time, and I said, so, did you not take any chemistry classes? And he goes, nothing past like the lower level chemistry class, you know. He goes, yeah, and it's like you know that math when they got into trigonometry and all that goes.
Speaker 4: I was out on.
Speaker 2: I said, well, I said, so you never heard of you know the little piece of paper, the litmus paper that you put in chemicals to test you know what it what it is? And he goes, oh, yeah, I know what that is.
Speaker 4: I remember now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But no, I did look at it as that. I think that push come to shove. First of all, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Him again, And Michael Parsons be pointed that.
Speaker 5: Well, we will see him again. We will see him again. This we have half a season ago. But what I saw was a team that's not afraid to go into Philly and win. That's what I wanted to see. Can we can this team go in there and looked like they were ready to win the game, you know, and and they were ready to come take this game. Yeah, all that other stuff that was going on, they should have won the game, you right, Samannah, all that crap that was going on, refreeze not knowing what's going on. I thought we showed that we could beat this team even on a bad day.
Speaker 4: Because this is a bad day.
Speaker 5: We had too many penalties, too many key penalties of course, the calls that went against us, all that you put all that together, and it took you that much, all of that going against us, and we still had a chance to win that game.
Speaker 3: Like three different times in the fourth course.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: And then you look at you look at the sidelines. You look at the sidelines of Philadelphia after that game.
Speaker 4: They were emotionally exhausted.
Speaker 3: So what do you think the record will be for both of these teams when they reconvene on December tenth in Arlington. When you look at the schedule going forward. The Cowboys play the Giants this week. Who by the way, the news this morning is confirmed that Daniel Jones has torn acl and he's out for the year.
Speaker 2: Somebody said that's bad news.
Speaker 3: And then at Carolina and then home against Washington, home against Seattle. Okay, Well, the Eagles have a bye week and then they play at Miami and home against.
Speaker 2: Buffalo and San Francisco. So what will the two records now? And there's another one in there too.
Speaker 3: There's three games they have three games because they have a bye week and then three games, but their next five well, but I'm talking, I'm talking leading into the until we play this Zember tenth. So right now, the Eagles are eight and one. So what do you expect them to what? How do you expect them to fare in these three games against Miami, Buffalo and San Francisco? Are they going to win all three?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 3: Most likely they will lose one, perhaps two, what happens. And if they lose two of the three, they will have a nine and three record coming into Arlington. Well, if the Cowboys win the next four, which they should win the next four, they will be nine and three going into that.
Speaker 2: Game, which is why Michael Person said we'll see them again in four weeks. Now.
Speaker 3: The problem for the Cowboys, the problem of the Cowboys is Arizona in December. In December, the Cowboys have to play Philadelphia, basically Philadelphia's November schedule they got and they got Miami, Miami Buffalo, and Detroit in December. And so this is where the Cowboys need to make Hay here right.
Speaker 5: But this is where the Cowboys need to be that team that played yesterday. They need they need to come in with that attitude because they were ready to take this game. You know, I don't care about the mistakes and all of that. If we show all of that up the next time we see them. It's not gonna be close. That's the way I feel about this team now. Now we can't that team. It doesn't need to revert back to Arizona. We can't do that. We need to be a team that is as professional as they were last night, that same type of hunger and damn, damn the consequences.
Speaker 4: You know, one of the odds that we're.
Speaker 5: Going to get so many missed calls, so many plays of inches.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: In other put in the upcoming games, I think we're gonna be okay going back into uh, back into if we have to go back into Philly again, if we have to go to the to the playoffs and play Philly in in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I'm not scared. I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 3: I really don't know about San Francisco.
Speaker 5: I don't have a problem with that anymore either. I think they are a different team now. Last night showed them. Okay, guys, I mean not just DK Yeah. Wide receivers now, who know what to do when they're down the field. They have to be working on scrambled drills. Ever since the San Francisco game, because everyone is too, in tune quarterback, in wide receiver. You can just see it. Not just from CD Lamb. You can see it from Tobert, you saw from Gallup. Everyone seems to know where they're going. Ferguson, now you know, he's a guy looking like Travis Kelsey or somebody with that eighty seven on his back. So that's that's the kind of guys I see going forward. I hope that's all we can see.
Speaker 2: They almost connected on that same route to Ferguson zone. He was just a little too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he had he had his hands on it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he had the linebackers back turned the whole bit right. Yeah, that was almost the same thing. And by the way, for the next five games are at home, yes, so to make it. And the way game is Carolina, which what are they like two and six or something.
Speaker 5: Don't start, don't start, back, don't start.
Speaker 3: Let's just play Arizona's one.
Speaker 4: Let's just play the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least Carolina they only had the number one pick in the draft. They don't have Joshua Dodge playing for him. Yeah, wow, how about it? Yeah they win in game? Why who?
Speaker 2: They end up beating Atlanta Falcons?
Speaker 5: Falcons right, the Falcons that they're very good at giving up games and the end very good at that. I've seen them do some amazingly stupid things at the end of the.
Speaker 3: All right, we continue, Oh, we're going to get those text messages going when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest school. Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company four or Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll look pull a perch down.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 7: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this him show, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: You know that sounds anywhere.
Speaker 8: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 6: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 8: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping. There's no topping of cool PEPSI.
Speaker 3: Finish nachos better with PEPSI. That's what I like.
Speaker 6: Auts Head to AT and T Stadium on Saturday, November eleventh to experience Rally Day presented by Seat Geeks. Celebrate Veteran's Day with a special presentation from the Color Guard and Junior ROTC Drill Team, plus a twenty one gun salute. Take a tour of AT and T Stadium, get autographs from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and alumni, play games, head outside to Miller Lighthouse, and even play on the field. Visit at and T Stadium dot com slash rally Days for tickets and more information.
Speaker 3: All Right, it's a will you be there rally day?
Speaker 2: Yes, I will not be the whole rally day. I was going to say they could meet Savannah too.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll do the next one. Help me the next one.
Speaker 4: There you go?
Speaker 6: All right? You want some texts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, before you get to your text, let me read through my text. You guys sound great? Wow, Wow, that's great. It's a of inches catch, no catch, bringing out the rule book. Wow, that guy didn't know what he was doing. But the ball winds up on the forty yard line.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, but no touchdown but reported wow another test? When are we gonna win?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: So there's my text made. What do you got try to beat that?
Speaker 6: See I don't know if I can there, But okay, So Mike from Boston wants to know about the experiment of Jalen Tolbert and Turpin. Do we start involving them a little bit more opposed to Michael Gallup.
Speaker 2: Everybody I know Gallup dropped the ball, but he had two.
Speaker 3: That one catch was it was really good? Yeah, I was like that was a wow. Yes, yes, I said wow when he made that catch through Bradbury or whatever. But I also said wow when he dropped.
Speaker 4: The third day.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody's not perfect. Look, I tell you one of the things I liked, and they did it. I don't know how many times, but I noticed it quite a bit. They went four wide and it wasn't a line I mean a running back or a tight end. It was four wide receivers.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, they were empty backfield at the end when they got down on the six yard line and they had the false start, but they did snap the ball on that and it looked like Dak was taken off on a quarterback draw. It was twenty seven seconds left in the game. You're right, do you think that was the intention? And it occurred to me every time I see five yard line empty backfield, I always think quarterback draw because now you've got everybody out right, and it looked like they were running a quarterback draw there, and which would have been with no timeouts. That would have been taking some courage because but you did have enough time where you could do that as an element of surprise because you can line up.
Speaker 2: Especially after you already threw a touchdown past the turpin in kind of that same situation. It was a five yard touchdown past the turpin, who, by the way, had a really good game.
Speaker 6: His return was incredible. That was just great to see and.
Speaker 2: It shows you what the starting around midfield helps the score. Right, you're getting close, you don't have to drive the length of the field. That's why you know, if you can get past the twenty five yard line on kickoffs, you've shortened the field by at least one first down. So yeah, but I like that the four wide and the one time they I think they had all five of them out there.
Speaker 3: And I like, from the standpoint of Turpin Man, he like CD is a tough dude. Yes, I mean he heard his shoulder or whatever it was on the one plane. He's back in his ribs, okay, it was it was. Yeah, at first they were examining his shoulder and the way he fell it was looked like an ac joint whatever.
Speaker 2: And then I think tough.
Speaker 3: He gets right back out there and he scores touchdown moments later.
Speaker 2: And when he when he when he caught the touchdown pass, which by the way, got reviewed, he fell on his ribs again. But he was on the sideline and Jim Mauer and doctor Cooper were talking to him, and I could see he was trying to wave him off and and and then they finally left and he just walked away from him, picked up his helmet, and went stood over where the offensive backups were ready to go in. So, yeah, he is tough for a guy that's only my size, truly, Yes, that's all it was. I am not exaggerat he's probably five six. I wonder if they even list him at one seventy five. But yeah, so he had a you're.
Speaker 3: Still won seventy five.
Speaker 2: I think I'm that heavy. Oh, I just turned what.
Speaker 3: You're playing white?
Speaker 5: What How often do you think he hears that question?
Speaker 2: One twenty eight?
Speaker 4: How old were you?
Speaker 3: I was a sophomore in Sofboard High school.
Speaker 4: And you stopped after that, you stopped the sports.
Speaker 2: They head coach. He was standard by the scale at everything. Eddie goes, Oh, just get off. We're not putting that in the program.
Speaker 4: I bet you disappointed your coach a lot five.
Speaker 2: They listened him here. Look, they listened him here, five seven, one fifty five one five. There you know fat, he's more than that fast. Yeah, get off that scale. We're not putting that in there.
Speaker 3: Do you have another text you want.
Speaker 4: To go to or.
Speaker 6: A lot or the I did Mike McCarthy not challenge the spot on Philly's first series. I'm trying to find the specific I think it was.
Speaker 2: Early on the brotherly shove.
Speaker 3: On the fourth and one. Yeah, usually those you don't have enough evidence to overturn it.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna. I mean, they just like.
Speaker 3: What the Eagles were trying to do when they had the penalty after the fourth and one play, and they wanted and had the it was a dead ball penalty when Ferguson uh pulled, Well, actually, who's the Eagles player? Eagles player? Was it Byed who hit Ferguson? Yes, yeah, yeah, and Byared pulled Prescott back, and then so then Ferguson pulled Byered back or whatever so or Byed then goes after for Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder which one he's talking about, because they gave him two yards on the fourth and one. Then on the fourth and on it was a fourth and three and they completed a pass for twelve yards.
Speaker 6: It was on the fourth or the first drive when it was fourth and two.
Speaker 3: What did you see on the fourth the fourth and eighth the incomplete pass to Tolbert? Do you recall Tolbert's route? Tolbert won off the snap and then the reason I bring this up, I was listening to Rich Gannon this morning on NFL Serious, Serious, NFL Radio, and he said that Tolbert won off the ball. He was and but he there was something about the route that he didn't like that showed that they just need to be more in line quarterback and wide receiver.
Speaker 4: On the high throeve.
Speaker 3: It was on the fourth and eighth play at the end of the game.
Speaker 4: He was closely guarded and through the.
Speaker 3: High I can't remember exactly what Gannon said about it, but you said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, uh passed short right to Jayn Tolbert seven yards right.
Speaker 5: And he yeah, I saw whether the dB was on him, but that were kind of high.
Speaker 3: And I think what what Gannon was saying is that he won by a good yard off the route, but he didn't carry out the route properly.
Speaker 2: To maintain that ball. Wasn't the ball short, We're thinking of the one that was high, but he's thinking that.
Speaker 3: But Gannon is saying that he blamed it on the receiver not running the route correctly.
Speaker 2: It maybe it was supposed to be a comeback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I what I saw was quarterback and wide receivers who were very much in tune to each other. It seemed like he was trying to force the lot a Tolbert as well. There were a couple of times where CD was like, hey, man, this is the time to come to me, and Dak was thinking, for some reason he has to get this rapport with Tobert and that worked out well for.
Speaker 4: The most part.
Speaker 5: I saw Dak throw a couple of passes where I mean if the guy didn't catch the ball, they was gonna stick into his stomach anyway.
Speaker 4: I saw two of those that.
Speaker 5: Were extremely accurate and aggressive passes that the wide receivers barely had a chance to turn around and the ball was already in the stomach.
Speaker 6: Was one was one Brandon Cooks and then one with CD Lamb.
Speaker 3: That's the one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: The one of CD was like he had to catch it almost hit him in his wrist because and the guys were like right there. That had to be an amazingly accurate pass because there was.
Speaker 4: No room for error.
Speaker 5: One receiver one dbut was on one side, one was on the other, and he stuck that in there he was and that was on the double team, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: There was one series they threw the ball to several different people and I remember under my breath saying, just throw the ball to CD Lamb, would you. At the next play they did, and it was a big game, right, and it's like, don't be messing around with all this other stuff just because it's in the playbook. Just throw the ball to CD. Cover up.
Speaker 5: Michael Gallup only had three targets in the game, am I right? That's that's unusual. I mean, I'm really hoping that. Like I said, he disappointed me so far this season. I was expecting a lot more from him coming up two years removed from his injury.
Speaker 2: Well, Cooks only had two targets catch.
Speaker 6: They need to utilize him a little bit more in my opinion as well.
Speaker 4: I mean, but guys, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: If Ferguson's going to get passes, then that's going to take away from Cooks, that's going to take away from Gallup. He's what he had nine He had nine catches yesterday, so they had to be at least who had fergusoners.
Speaker 2: Ninety one yards? I think it was seven catches for.
Speaker 4: He had to be targeting around ten times. You just don't have enough balls on the field.
Speaker 5: Now, they're gonna be games where the targeted will be targeted more than the slot receiver.
Speaker 2: But at least these last few games they were throwing the ball down the field. There was not any more of this horizontal offense of throwing smoke screens, throwing to Pollard in the flat.
Speaker 5: That's coming from Dak Dude. You talked about him just playing football. Yeah, I talked about it before before the game. Keep the tackles at bag. He's going to escape out the pocket. He's been doing it the last two weeks before last night.
Speaker 4: This is what he does. Now he knows that this is gonna be this is his life.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: You know, his.
Speaker 5: Offensive line won't be as you know, solid as we really thought they would be in the past. It's not happening now. He he's going to get pressure all the time. And thank god, he's got the ability and his receivers also to adjust to his scrambles extremely well. That has happened the last three weeks.
Speaker 4: This is not a flu. This is by design.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, before we go, ever, soon, once you look at the play, this is the Tolbert play, and you tell me what you think. That's the fourth and eighth play. That's the one a minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's talking about So what.
Speaker 3: Are you thinking? I think the replay will come up there. What are you thinking on the route by Tolbert here? If you watch the replay coming up here.
Speaker 5: I thought there was a good route. I thought that the dB just played them. I thought the dB played them well, he didn't shake him. I thought, if you were going to do anything, that should have been another one of those balls, like the same one.
Speaker 4: He threw to CD Lamb.
Speaker 5: It should have been lower right there, because the guy actually did have the Tobert did have his, He bodied him, he had them bodied out. It would have been a hell of a play regardless, because the dB just made a good play.
Speaker 4: You know, they get paid to bill.
Speaker 3: No. I just wanted to hear it because of what I heard Gannon say on the radio this morning. I wanted to escape.
Speaker 4: I would. I would put that on Dagon more than anybody. The bass, the quarterback put it.
Speaker 3: All right, Mickey, you have a parting shot. I'm done, Okay. I guess we're making drop all right, and I guess we'll see everybody tomorrow at you. We're gonna be looking forward to a week victory week, no more, no more parades, no more.
Speaker 2: Post games celebration, so in for Cowboys and.
Speaker 3: Now yeah we got we gotta wait four months for that parade, right, I.
Speaker 2: Think, Oh that's right, that's right. Maybe then I can.
Speaker 3: Say November December, January, February, okay, and we'll chat at you again tomorrow. Here I'll mix shop go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com. And the Dallas Cowboys Football Club