Speaker 1: Harballer's Navy Federal is proud to serve over eight million members and is open to active duty military. The DoD veterans and their family members receive a lifetime of membership benefits like a credit card APR average that is four percent lower than the industries member only exclusive rates and more. Visit Navy Federal dot org slash solid for more information.
Speaker 2: Call one eight eight eight eight four to two six three two eight or download the Navy Federal Credit Union app today.
Speaker 1: Message in data rates may apply. Visit Navy Federal dot org.
Speaker 3: For more information. Welcome to the Solid Verbal come.
Speaker 2: That for me.
Speaker 3: I'm a man, I'm forty.
Speaker 2: I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy? For day A to state? Is that?
Speaker 3: Whoom whoom and down and tie.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Solid Burbo boys and girls. My name is Ty Hildenbrand, joining me.
Speaker 1: As always over there and beautiful, still wintry, still.
Speaker 2: Very fatherly New York City. My man Dan Rubistet, Sir, how are you, Ty?
Speaker 3: I'm wonderful.
Speaker 2: I'm really truly glad you asked. I just got a haircut. Oh feels it feels great to do something for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, especially right now. I would imagine.
Speaker 2: So so I would connect with you to show you the haircut.
Speaker 3: But I think that might be a bridge too far. Yeah, did you go? Do you go barber shop? What do you do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I go to a barber shop. It was I used to go to a salon tye. Yeah, I used to go to Really kids, so you can't you can't do that or eight kids. I looked up barber shops in the area on YELP. Tie here we are here.
Speaker 3: I don't go. I don't go the full.
Speaker 2: A lot of people will go that full real closely cropped, almost shaved side.
Speaker 3: Look the maclamore right. Not for me. Not.
Speaker 2: I cannot pull it off. I know he would probably behoove you too with the main that you need shearing on top of your head, but it doesn't work from my head shape.
Speaker 1: What what size guard do you go with on the side of your head?
Speaker 3: All scissors? Tie? I want mertisanal work. Oh yeah, all scissors? You pay extra for that? No?
Speaker 2: Same price? Same price? Tie, it's March, March.
Speaker 3: I go a number three on the sides. That's not bad. You ever pushed it to two?
Speaker 2: I have pushed it to two Mammy too much. That two is a little too much, a little too much. I'm gonna tell you something, Tie. Not only is it March and we're beginning shows with haircut talk, I really desperately wanted to talk news, news, and like the big list, we have new bowls in twenty twenty in terms of alignment. The Mountain West is no longer going to be in the Vegas Bowl, but they'll be in the new LA Bowl, which is in the new Rams Chargers Stadium.
Speaker 3: I believe they'll line up for that, sure, not uh yeah.
Speaker 2: And the Vegas one is going to be in the Vegas NFL Stadium, Okay, all right, putting pack twelve teams in NFL.
Speaker 3: State college football venue. Sure.
Speaker 2: Brian Kelly wants to retire a Notre Dame coach. Okay, yep, not not much. So we're just going to ignore news. There's just not much worth talking about. We still have a couple more autopsies left. I believe, Yes, we have two pack twelve Big ten Rose Bowl schools.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to talk about that today. No, it had been basically too long since the Patriot League Lightning Rounds, where I get to use all sorts of interesting adjectives. So I figured we pick up people along the way. Ty, you know, somebody just wants college football podcast to listen to its week seven and boom, we're talking about Keem Butler, We're talking about Cliff Kingsbury potentially getting fired and going to USC And that's it's amazing that you just jump in, you grab a hold, and we're your new pals.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's what we what we do here.
Speaker 2: But if you look at the logo under the solid verbal, it says Ty Hilton Brandt, Dan Rubins, it's right. And we could, yes sound self important by saying let's talk about us, but it's a podcast you already know are self important, so you already know that's the direction we're going in. But if you want to know the history of the show, if you're new to the show, you can just google it. We did an entire, what pushing two hour episode.
Speaker 3: Big big show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I lost my voice, remember I had vocal issues after doing the show.
Speaker 3: Left it all on the field. You injured yourself.
Speaker 2: But if people that are relatively new to the show want a point of reference about us as college football fans, Tie is of course a Notre Dame fan. I am an Oregon fan. But what gets us going? Why do we love the sport? Not the pageantry, not the tradition, forget all that, the literal sport itself. Tie, I do not like We'll sprinkle in some characteristics of our love for college football here and there, but we really haven't drilled down on what really really gets us worked up about college football football wise, what gives us, what gives us the vapors? Yes in a college as a buried, g rate g g way, grated, g rated way.
Speaker 3: Of saying that, yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know, you hear this a lot in the podcasting world as it relates to comedy podcasts, because there's a million of them and everyone's a little bit different, and it's important if you're trying to find a comedy show that speaks to you, that you listen and try to identify with the sensibilities of the hosts. And I think that's what we're trying to do here. We realize it's been a while since we connected with some new listeners and newer listeners, and we wanted to try and communicate our sensibilities. Just as it relates not to the media aspect of college football, not to not to anything other than the product.
Speaker 3: We see on the field. So that's what we've got here tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, what gets our hearts raising, what gets our our football pants nice and tight? Right, So we've got a list. We've got a list here, get hot in here. We've got a list here. I'm on one side, you're on the other. We made these independent of one another, and I was pleased to see that there was a lot of overlap. Yes, a lot of overlap here, a lot of ven diagrams that we need to work through and talk through over the span of the next sixty minutes however long this goes. Really it's free content. That's where we're headed tonight. So I would like you to set the mood, if you will tie, and in reference to what we're talking about, Like an example would be, everybody likes the large man touchdown, right, there was an award.
Speaker 3: About that that got touchdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, And so we are going to go many many steps further of just things that happened during games that I think the kids on Twitter say, like inject that into my veins, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So you will tie, I'm going to play this. I don't know how this is going to go.
Speaker 4: Balding, urs, foul hands to the face, not necessary roughnessial touching, neutrals, out fraction, sportsmanline, god.
Speaker 2: Dot oh boy, Dan, oh boy, really went skinemax with it?
Speaker 3: Tie.
Speaker 1: How much time did you spend making that? Marilyn Chambers bedtime drop for our lovely podcast from where We Talk College.
Speaker 2: Football shout out Bikini car Wash. Not that it did not take that long a time. I was thinking to myself, what sort of song and musical number can we use to go into our love of what gets us going in college football? And three seconds later, uh, for better or worse? All right, that's the direction they say. March comes in like a lion, Dan, and they weren't kidding. Okay, all right, give me something that gets you hot and bothered? All right, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start at the very top of my list what I love and what gets me hot and bothered in a college football since I love when wide receivers catch a screen pass, or even when they catch a pass ten yards down the field and they decide that it would be better to run east and west. About seventy five yards than to just run north and south to gain four. So we've got this long drawn out play with way too many jukes. A guy runs a total of about seventy five yards for roughly a four yard game.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was a brand new line about this, right there was this isn't high school. This isn't high school, Like there wasn't that home on a Saturday night. I have no idea, yes, but there's something very high school about thinking I can run horizontally and find a crease and it just doesn't work in high level college football. And this one has a bunch of cousins, right that has the punt returner trying to go backwards. Yep, it has on a reverse trying to reverse the reverse where everybody in the stadium stadium knows something is feudile. I love it so much. I think this is dead on. This is such a lovable aspect of college football. Thinking every play can be a touchdown. It gets me going to ty well.
Speaker 1: And you used to be full disclosure again, you can go back to the history of the solid verbal show. You used to be a Florida State fan. I did, yeah, in your in your very early days of being in college trip oflef and you're a Florida State fan, And was it Peter Warwick?
Speaker 3: Who was your dude? Peter Warwick? Yes?
Speaker 2: And there are certain the the one percent of the one percent can pull it off. The d' Anthony Thomas and the oh god, I'm what's his name, Percy Harvin's who have just such electric playmaking ability that they're able to make something out of nothing because they can get to a corner faster than anybody everybody else.
Speaker 3: Right. See that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes you can find a ron Dale Moore out there who can pull something like this off, a trendon holiday type, but other times it's just a little too much horizontal and not enough vertical. You've got a cousin here listed on your list as well that we do a few cousins, a few cousins, so the big family on your list. This is one of those items where we I think have some alignment. Too many jukes after a swing pass, oh the best and a guy just getting tackled on the spot.
Speaker 2: Okay, running backs out in the in the slot? Is he going is it going outside? He's going inside? Oh he's faking outside, Oh a fake inside. He's gonna go Nope, what faked outside? He's going in, so he must be going inside. Now up, He's just tackled for a loss of one, and that's right.
Speaker 1: And also the running back who decides to run backwards out of a sure thing forward progress whistle and he loses unnecessary yardage.
Speaker 2: It's the best. It is so good, and it is one of the most secretly painful things if it happens to your team, where it's like, oh, it was a great run. Stuff, they got him three yards behind that No, no, no, oh god, it's an eleven yard loss. And I think people listening have immediate names that come to mind of the like far too horizontal, far too juky, far too running out of the forward progress whistle, and it is maddening. But if I'm watching a random Oklahoma Iowa state game and I don't really care who wins, oh.
Speaker 3: Is it just art? Tie? It is just art.
Speaker 1: This to me speaks to the excitability of college football, the raw potential of college football, everyone's love for that big game breaking play, and also the very nature of the college game where you've got a lot of immaturity and a lot of folks out there thinking that they're Reggie Bush.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love this. I love when this happens. Hopefully not to my team, but it always makes a game a little bit more exciting. I am, by the way, very guilty in rec league basketball. Off too many jukes on a fast break up going left, going right, jukes. Huh, I'm just pulling up, just pulling up.
Speaker 3: You have trapped me.
Speaker 1: I'm retired from basketball, but my move was always to go and bury myself in the corner and try and pop a three. As you know, I'm not, I'm not exactly playing the post up game with my basketball skills.
Speaker 3: Are you a good shooter at least? Not really?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, so you're just scared of contact. Is that's your roundabout waist?
Speaker 3: I think so? I think? So okay, moving one going, what do you have? No, it's your turn, Oh it's my turn. Okay.
Speaker 2: I love a good failed trick play. Oh that's okay. That gets me sweaty tie. And this encompasses a lot. So this could be a statue of liberty. It could be a double pass, it could be reverse, a flea flicker, a fake field goal, a fake punt. And there's cousins to these as well.
Speaker 3: Like the.
Speaker 2: A fake field goal that is executed perfectly and then the kicker throws it six yards short of the intended target. There's so much good in a failed trick play. And the cheese at Bowl, we had the double pass, double pass forward pass.
Speaker 3: I still don't fully understand that.
Speaker 2: So they were throwing it to the sideline, I believe, and you have to throw it a little bit backwards, so it's a lateral but he threw it a yard forward. Then they threw it forward again on the double pass. It's tough, but the you know, the the flea flicker fumble, difficult to say, the double pass which ends up with like a receiver throwing it, but it's slipping out of the receiver's hands and they have to now go back and say, like was his hand moving forward without anybody defending him. All of these things and I am pro trick play, I am pro fakes, I am pro punters just getting creamed because they went the wrong way on a fake fake punt. It's there's just something about it where it's just like it's also one of those things where the announcers will say, like got too cute, got too cute. But if it works. It works, and it's just for me to quote Jimmy World, it is heaven.
Speaker 1: I want to unpack this a little bit, Yeah, I want to. I want to call attention to the fact that you specifically mentioned a failed trick play, a failed trick play. Why does a failed trick play get the specific call out here and not as successful?
Speaker 2: So successful trick plays are great, They're irrefutably great, but there is something about a failed trick play in in practice You're like, Okay, we spent a little bit extra time drawing something up, and this is we're going to pull out it, pull it out in the exact right situation that so many things have to go into it, that there's just something chaotic that doesn't exist in it's third and eight. We're going with like a pass up the same Oh, it was a little bit too far and it's a failed play. But with a failed trick play, the chaos potential. Somebody who's not used to throwing it has to throw it. Somebody who's not used to running it has to run it. Somebody who has to generally kneel and catch a snap for a hole is suddenly rolling out. There's so many new mechanisms involved with a trick play that when it goes wrong, you get somebody running so fast and they've never run fast in a game.
Speaker 3: They just trip. They just trip. And I love the novelty of that.
Speaker 1: So we're talking, we're talking in Ocean's eleven caliber. Yes, scheme that needs to be executed to perfection.
Speaker 2: It's a what's what is? It's the Rube Goldberg machine? Yeah, right, that you know there are so many new parts that need to align perfectly that when one thing goes wrong.
Speaker 3: It's a catastrophe. Okay, it is.
Speaker 2: I mean we see it with high stakes moments in Georgia and the SEC championship game. Okay, we see it with no stakes moments, and it's just all things are equal to me. It could be an Naia fake punt gone horribly awry. You remember the old The Colts had the terrible fake punt. A couple of years ago in the NFL, we had what was it a Miami Arkansas State game where there was the punt coverage team faked falling forward to his death.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was that.
Speaker 2: There's just okay, you're opening up a realm to a world that nobody's fully prepared to look at Okay, I love it, so I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call out.
Speaker 1: Two specific things here that I don't believe you mentioned. Oh you danced around one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The first is you talked about the wide receiver pass, something that I always get a good chuckle out of, and maybe someone's done the numbers on this. I would love to know the percentage of wide receiver passes or the wide receiver has the wherewithal to realize you probably shouldn't throw.
Speaker 3: It, tuk and run.
Speaker 1: It's got to be like ten percent of the time because those guys always want to throw it a lot of times.
Speaker 3: Are high school quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: A lot of times it's their moment, right they feel like they can genuinely make that throw and the wide receiver forcing the ball into triple coverage. Again, if it's my team, it's not something I'm into, but just as a casual observer, it is something that gives a game a little more flavor. Cousin of that is surprise left handed receiver. Surprise left handed receiver where you just assume everybody's right handed, or there's just an overwhelmingly good chance.
Speaker 3: That everybody right about that.
Speaker 2: Well, how many left handed quarterbacks are there in the NFL. I don't think there are any, right, not that I think that Kellen Moore was the last one. Tua will be next, not this year, but in the next draft, so in two years, in twenty twenty. But there is something disorienting and the two I remember, I remember Antonio Brown and des Bryant. I remember Dez Bryant very well, and it was like it was like hearing an actor who does a very good American accent on a TV show and then you see him on a red carpet and they're just like it was fun season, wasn't it, And You're like, what the hell was that?
Speaker 3: Everybody on the wire.
Speaker 2: British, there's something wonderfully disorienting about it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: The other that's so true, Oh my gosh. The other thing that I would add, i'd bolt on top of this, and maybe it's not so much a failed trick play, though they often do fail. The class of trick play that we also need to call out here.
Speaker 3: You know, those.
Speaker 1: Ones where it's extreme misdirection and we've got a guy who is literally trying to hide in the painting of the end zone. Yep or right along the sidelines, or maybe even laying down on the numbers along the side of the field to try and blend in so that people don't see him. Or even if it's not that extreme, where you've got two punt returners back and one is waving his hand for a fair catcher, acting like it's going to him when it's actually going to the other side.
Speaker 3: It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: That's sort of that's a little bit different. That's a little bit different. But it's a cousin, right, It's it's the half cousin. And I would add the like a field goal with a guy running off the field, but he's the eleventh guy and he stops right before the sideline and there's nobody out there.
Speaker 3: Same same genus. Yes, do we.
Speaker 2: Think and I would love to see the footage if it exists. Do we think on the end zone the camouflage end zone when you know a Boise State player is in a blue end zone or that's a bad example. I think we had a TCU player in the Ohio State game attempt it. Do we think pregame there is like a secret run through where that player, whoever it was, Jalen Rager, I forget who it was, goes with like the special teams coordinator to that pylon area and they just say, this is the zone lay down real quick, let's run through it. Because if we're running through plays and we're going through the first team offensive line, second team offens line, whatever, during during the walk through before the game, do you think there's that moment.
Speaker 3: Like this is the corner, this is the move.
Speaker 2: Act, stretching, active push, the zuppruiter of that pregame walkthrough because it's such a the the trying to camouflage slash, make it seem like you're not on the field for a play, but actually our trick play. I would take home after a first date. I would probably introduce to my parents after like a week. I am so all. I am head over heels, sweating, need a cold shower. That is That is George Costanza. I think it moved territory right there. Whether it works or not, the gumption to say.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's a player here, maybe there's not, I don't know. It is so great. I cannot get enough. All right, that was good.
Speaker 1: That was I feel like we unpacked a lot there and we actually made progress as people.
Speaker 2: Yes, we absolutely did and it's you know what we are. We are football sex positive. Right, Okay, I'm gonna go yeah, yeah, sure, why not?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, my yes, let's talk about the defensive player who does an elaborate dance after sacking the quarterback despite his team being down twenty one points.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am gonna say that this to me, and you can explain it further, is a positive, no matter what.
Speaker 3: I would agree, go on, I would.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not saying I'm not saying I'm not saying an ironic positive. I'm saying it is a genuine positive for me, no matter when it happens. Please explain your love for it.
Speaker 1: My love for it stems from I think, my visceral love, my raw love for college football, just as something that brings us all joy. Everybody knows when your team is down three scores, you shouldn't be out there doing any kind of celebratory dance.
Speaker 2: Act like you've been there, act like you've been there before. Scoreboard, you know what are gonna say. But if you're a fan of that team, or if you're just watching the game without a rooting interest, to just have someone out there on the field who is at least feeling joy with something in this game, because by that point, look it's a blowout, game's over. That to me is fun to watch. And there are many cousins of this. By the way, this isn't the only thing that kind of falls into this category. But I am all about the elaborate celebratory maneuvers after a touchdown, after a sack, win, the game is still close, after a pass breakup, I am all about it. I don't care about the personal fouls, the excessive celebration, and now the taunting less team unless it's my team. Let's be clear, I don't care about the taunting. For the most part. I am all for this, have fun when you're out there. But the elaborate sack dance down about three scores, to me is extra special. Well, the other thing is so defensive ends the metrics we have for them. We have tackles for a loss and we have sacks, and there are places like our friends at Pro Football Focus that do pressures or hurries stuff like that that those are not household statistics, at least not yet. And so you say somebody is leading the nation in sax, you mean, like, oh my god, that's an incredible a feat that is pretty much incomparable defensively, where it's just like there's one guy who leads the nation. Sacks are super hard, and this guy does it better than anybody else. I just looked it up online because I'm great at the internet. Tie ygm Etre gross Matos consider to be what a top level pass rusher in college football. Sure, he finished with against Big ten teams, big ten plays, I believe nine teams in their conference schedule. Now he finished with six and a half sacks against Big ten teams, which again I went to a state school. My math indicates that's fewer than one a game, and he is considered among the best at this specific statistical accomplishment. And it's less than once, fewer than once a game. And so down twenty one, down forty seven, up twenty seven, you're trying the entire If you get won a game, you're all timer. Yeah, and so you just you got to you gotta celebrate when you can tie. You can't let one go to waste. I will take it every time. And you mentioned the cousins. Yes, my my truly favorite cousin of this is when a safety and there was a safety for organ who was so great at this?
Speaker 3: JD.
Speaker 2: Nelson safety gives up a twenty seven yard pass on third and twenty one, and big hit receiver holds on. Big hit guy pops up and celebrates. That's right, you don't come over the middle. He just he just completed an explosion play in a crucial situation that you did not stop.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love the gumption once again of that, but it's it's more ironic in that case than the sack down twenty All.
Speaker 1: Right, well let me so, let's do the ancestry DNA today. Let's do the ancestry DNA then on something that could be really it might show up in like the fourth or fifth cousin territory. Yeah, with low probability, you could.
Speaker 2: Marry this person and it would be at least okay, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: What about along the same lines of the defensive back gives up the big play, monster hits celebrates. What about let's talk about the incredibly lucky defensive back.
Speaker 3: Yes you know what I mean by this.
Speaker 2: So like a receiver dropping a ball that was thrown perfectly to exactly and the corner gets beat, and then the ball is dropped and the corner gives like the very dramatic incomplete, incomplete right exactly like his arms are about to come out of the socket because he's waved off in his head like Merton Hanks. Yeah, back right. Guy gets torched on a double moved delicious wide receiver streaking down the field over the middle of the field, a perfect throw that for some reason goes wrong, maybe a guy can't drag his foot along the boundary to get the completion, and there is the defensive back who had nothing to do with that play's failure, just celebrating like he drew it up at home. You don't come to Thai Islands without a visa. Yeah, that is. It's a wonderful thing. Sometimes it'll happen where a dB will have a pass hit his helmet and then he will celebrate as it like he is not at all turned back to look at the ball and to high point the ball or whatever hits his helmet, realizes in a much delayed fashion that the pass is incomplete, and celebrates and also has to be told what happened. It's a wonderful, wonderful thing.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you one that I just it's very straightforward, and I just love it, and it's pretty unstoppable in video games, and Sanford runs it three times a game and it always works one thousand percent of the time. That is the fake full back dive and the quarterback is let's say the quarterback has turned to his right, fakes the full back dive hand off the pitch, then pitches it weak side to the other side, whether it's to Bryce Love or Christian McCaffrey or whoever, and on third and one third and inches, fourth and one fourth in inches. It's just brutal. It is just brutal, and it is something that it makes me shake a little bit.
Speaker 3: I love it so much.
Speaker 1: See so this you mentioned this play as it relates to video games. Yes, this used to be a play that didn't work at all. And then along the way EA Sports show in our age here, but EA Sports, yeah, decided that they would build the proper AI into the game. Huh, so that defenses would act a little bit more realistic in sometimes I fall for this right. And then if you had a good line, if you had recruited well, if you got enough insta commits on your team, then this is something that you could run in a key situation to perfection. But it wasn't until the latter years of the NCAA series where you could actually run a pitch play and get any serious yardage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I would never really run that like student body left if I were running a pro style offense. But the fake dive, because the dive is pretty effective in video games third inches. Not many teams are stopping just like a straight ahead dive, and then you throw in who is I'm trying to think of the running backs for Stanford that just every single one of them. Toby Gerhart, So yeah, Toby Gerhart, Stephen Taylor yep, Taylor step Finn was in against Notre Dame yep.
Speaker 3: I maintain.
Speaker 2: There was there was something magical about that play that I couldn't fully hate because I was sitting at home saying, this is what they should do, this is what they're probably gonna do, and I love being right, so I didn't fully get upset.
Speaker 3: I just love that play.
Speaker 1: The joy of the nc double A video game series to me not to make too much of a left turn here. The joy for me always was in the passing game, and it was so counterintuitive because you knew if you had the proper beef up front, you could run it down your opponent's throat, but you just didn't want to. I got really good towards the end of that NC DOUBLEA series at calling a smart route which was essentially a ten yard hook every play, and it was uncoverable. You could not cover it at all. You couldn't cover it with zone, you couldn't cover it with man. As long as you had a quarterback who could throw the ball to a spot with any amount of strength, that play was always open. Now they've changed it in the newer versions of Madden, where they've added a million controls.
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: What what does what anymore, but that, to me, that was the only play in my quiver, and it worked wonderfully.
Speaker 3: Did you have a play like that before?
Speaker 2: I talk about that? Screw you, because we played and I know what you're talking.
Speaker 3: That was my only play. It's the worst, the worst.
Speaker 2: I had a couple plays. I had some sort of deep ends that worked really nicely against Cover two.
Speaker 3: But God, I hated people like you. I was. I was that Garst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were the scorpion get over here of NCAA football.
Speaker 1: I was going on YouTube and looking to see what worked. You know, I find you, I'd find the guy like.
Speaker 3: What's up, boys, let's talk about smart roots, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Unstoppable all caps play? Yeah, all right, before we go any further.
Speaker 1: Yes, every guy looks better, feels more confident when.
Speaker 3: He puts on a suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if it's from our friends. We're at Indo Chino, the world's most exciting made to measurements of our company. They've got suits and shirts that fit your exact measurements for unparalleled comfort. All you got to do is visit a stylist at an Indo Chino showroom and have your measurements taken, or you can measure at home and shop online at indochino dot com. Then you choose your fabrics, your colors, any design customizations like the lapel, the lining, the pockets, the buttons, the monogram. You name it and you submit it and relax. Your suit will get professionally tailored to mail to you in just a couple of weeks. You and I Dan, we have to schedule our Indo Chino fitting. Did you still want to do that together? We could maybe take the podcasting gear as we do this, but we've got suits coming our way, and at some point we got to schedule that very soon, get together and get measured for a suit.
Speaker 2: I think we've reached the point in our relationship where it's only sensical that a tailor really gets our dimensions at the same time. That's fine, it has to happen. That's perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: Now this week, our listeners can get any premium Indo chinosuit for just three P fifty nine at Indo Chino dot com. When you enter the code solid at checkout. That is Ido Cchio dot com. You want to enter the code solid at checkout. That's fifty percent off the regular price for a made to measure premium suit. Shipping's free again. Indochino dot com promo code Solid any premium suit three p fifty nine and free shipping. An incredible deal. Go and get your premium made to measure suit. Once you go custom, you will not go back again. It is Indochino dot com. Your promo code is solid. Do it all right, Daniel, your turn? Where we going next?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, okay, So we had I think this was in the Fantasy Things a couple of years ago. A mishurdle, right, like a hurdle that goes wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, like was.
Speaker 2: It Melvin Gordon, one of them in the Rose Bowl a few years ago, had one that He's like, I'm gonna hurd this dude. Whoops, I did not jump high enough. We had a hurdle gone wrong.
Speaker 1: Not everybody is Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 2: Not everybody's Saquon Barkley. That's fine. I'm talking about hurdle's going right. And that picture that inevitably gets taken of the week side linebacker, the safety whoever trying to make a textbook tackle, trying to wrap up and gets hurdled and gets their picture taken at a perfectly parallel point to the ground as they tackle nobody as they are they are m bisoning dulcim. If that's a point of reference that you understand, and God bless you if you do that, that is the I would argue the ultimate that what was the meme? It was something around like, yep, that's me. Bet you're wondering how I got here. Yeah, moment in a football game and I both at the same time feel so bad. I understand why we're watching what we're watching, but I can't help but say, oh, you dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb dumb fool. You are tackling nobody. And I can't get enough of that very specific picture that is just for at least a day.
Speaker 3: A life ruin college football, no Man's Land. Yes, I like it.
Speaker 2: Tackling ghosts, we talk about seeing ghosts, tackling ghost Tackling ghosts my favorite thing.
Speaker 1: Let me throw one out there that I've got on my list. How do you feel about very poor field conditions?
Speaker 2: Hum? It depends what the conditions are. Because I like a snow game a lot, and that would be interpreted and so I like it. But mud, I don't know if mud does it for me.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: See, now, we we've talked an awful lot on this show about monsoon games.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I feel like.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no more mud really because we have field turf everywhere now pretty much in a lot of places, but just puddles.
Speaker 3: I'm not everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so obviously it takes the right combination of weather and turf to truly achieve the mud bowl style conditions that I'm referencing here.
Speaker 3: But a good mud game, a really good mud game.
Speaker 1: We're talking three inches of rain, downpour, they should have postponed the game, but decided against it. It seems like in the South.
Speaker 2: Start having conversations about irrigation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like in the Southeast we have a couple opportunities for this every year. I'm talking full on mud is I think number one on my power ranking because you can at least alter the game in snow, you know you can. You can adapt to more of a ground game and turn it into a smash mouth three yards and a cloud of dust style offense.
Speaker 3: But when you've.
Speaker 1: Got nothing but pure, unadulterated mud, you really can't do anything because he can't hold onto the damn ball. No, you can't call plays. The whole game sort of turns into something it was not supposed to be. So if it's your team, surely that is not a situation that you feel great about. But from the outside in as an efficionado of the monsoon game, the extreme mud of a monsoon game that you see on the field again, if they've got natural grass, that to me is very appealing.
Speaker 2: See the kissing cousin that I get super into is when there are turf issues, not because of weather. Sometimes a lot of the time it'll happen inside. You remember the Wisconsin Ohio State Big Ten championship game where the carpet is ripped. That's the right goal line. I'm super into that. I'm super into national championship games or big time games on a field that is regular grass turf, that like Levi staff right where it's just like there is there's a group of people whose entire job it is is to grow grass and to trim grass, and to think about the right time to water and care for this said grass. And then game time rolls around and there's a sinkhole on the.
Speaker 3: Thirty that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Then there's there's a sprinkler that pops up at midfield or oh yeah, they have to wheel this grass in, and you just have this team of professionals who are just like grass huh. And you're like, wait, what, this is your job. This is the entire thing you do.
Speaker 1: I am I am so amused by the fact that it's twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: It'll happen this year.
Speaker 1: Beyond of course it will twenty nineteen. In many cases, these stadiums are hundreds of millions of dollars taxpayer funded, and somehow the playing surface became an afterthought. Yes, the playing surface is the whole reason they built the stadium, Yet it's an afterthought.
Speaker 3: How does that happen?
Speaker 2: By the way, our pal Nicole Hourback wrote about the Arizona State turf, I don't know if it's good or bad. I know it's grass. And she wrote about the guy who maintains it, the head groundskeeper. Yes, and it's a phenomenal piece. I think we mentioned it when we did partnering with the athletic but now that I think about it, I really hope that Arizona State has not had any issues because I liked him so much. But it is pretty astounding when there are Levi Stadium is a terrific example, like how does this there is? It's the like you had one job and this job is grass again, sink Cale it the thirty can't happen, and I love it. I love it when it does because it's just this amazing spotlight on incompetence.
Speaker 3: It's great. Let me throw out another one here. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I want to get your take on this. I don't know if this is something that we've ever discussed at length on the show.
Speaker 3: M M.
Speaker 1: I love everything about the rugby style punt.
Speaker 2: You put this on our list, and I really had to think about what I thought about it.
Speaker 3: My opinion, but expand Will the punter tuck it under and run? Always?
Speaker 2: Always you're like, oh, will he won't see will the defense get close enough to block the kick? There's a lot more uncertainty with the rugby style punt. He almost always the punter punts it away, sure, and they get that top spin on it. It's not the traditional punt that you're used to seeing if you watch football for your entire life.
Speaker 3: It's wonk gear, for sure.
Speaker 1: It's different. It's more directional, right, it's a different style of punting, but there's definitely a little bit more uncertainty in the process, and the punter, if he so desires.
Speaker 3: Has more options.
Speaker 1: He can run it, he can decide he wants to throw it. He could bobble it and the whole thing goes horribly wrong.
Speaker 3: Well, that's evering.
Speaker 1: I never felt great about this until I started thinking more about it, And as I thought more about it, it just always felt to me like there was so much more uncertainty you with each play that I.
Speaker 3: Sort of grew to love it.
Speaker 2: So for me, the rugby style punt encapsulates a lot of what I love about college. About four years ago, I was going for a run tie and I just hit the smallest crack in the street and I didn't fall. I fell slowly, And there's nothing worse than just slowly losing your balance and trying to Oh god, I'm going down, big boys going down. And that is the concern to me with the rugby punt. I guess it's even coupled with the like if the turf is at all bad. I don't know if you've ever tried to run even fifty percent and then kick a ball as hard as you can, or kick it with accuracy, with you know, in a pinpoint direction. It's one of those just like the trick play going wrong and why that appeals to me and my blood the rugby kick going wrong and the announcers doing some quick math and saying, well, the punt went for it looks like six yards yep, because the shank potential is through the roof. So I appreciate the rugby punt in a vacuum. I am I am willing to hook up with a rugby punt going wrong.
Speaker 1: I am terribly afraid of every rugby punt going wrong, so much shank potential there.
Speaker 2: Yes, shank potential, trip potential, punter being absolutely annihilated, and then they have to have a competition on campus because there's no other person on the table. Punt he's got broken ribs, he can't move. Yeah, by the way, that's another thing that's not on our list. But punter a kicker tryouts in the middle of the tryout, Oh my god, it's I don't wish I were still in college. I had a great time in college, but I'm glad I'm not in college anymore. I implore anybody listening if your school has open tryouts, to be a punter or a kicker. I don't even care if you try out, but if that's the only way you can go watch open tryouts, please do and report back. Oh my goodness, what do you think is? What do you think is the longest field goal you could kick? Could you make an extra point?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: You don't think you can make a point? Kicking is heard, it is hard. I could make an extra point. I'm confident I can make an extra point.
Speaker 3: My favorite part of the open.
Speaker 2: Open tryout for a field goal, kicker or whatever is inevitably that is like a talking point that the announcers know about. Like, oh, Brian Thompson, you know, just last week he was just a chemistry major. Now he's kicking for Boston College. And he comes out and he looks like an eight year old wearing a halloween costume. What was the brand, huffy huffy that he was wearing one of those plastic helmets. You're like, Oh, I think his shoulder pats might be on backwards. His cleats look way too big, his cup looks like it's horizontal. No, there's just a bunch wrong with the look of Oh. I love it so much and I root for him. Let's be clear. I want that dude to have a golden boot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but oftentimes no, not so much. All Right, I did two in a row.
Speaker 2: You're true, Okay, let's.
Speaker 3: Go with You know what.
Speaker 2: I love a good grab away fumble grab away front so doesn't happen often.
Speaker 1: So a guy just sort of rips it out.
Speaker 2: Guy rips it out, and especially rips it out, not like in the middle of a pile. That'll happen, there's nowhere for the ball to go. Sometimes guys just rip it out and like Oh wow, No, I guess it's all miss ball. It's more the open field during a tackle, ed Reed just lays waste to a dude and in the process takes the ball and starts running the other direction. It is such a pantsing, it is such that's a humiliator that I can't help but want to do very romantic things to that play. I love a good grab away out of nowhere because it happens so bang, bang right right, not to be too sure, bang. It happens so quickly where you don't see anything scored out. Hey, you don't see a scramble for a ball. It's just immediately, Oh, everything has changed. The offense is now definitely the defense. And I love that moment of just complete and pure chaos, without even a split second of a change of possession.
Speaker 1: This is This is a first cousin of the quarterback who inadvertently throws an interception to a defensive lineman, Yes, who just goes streaming down the field for an.
Speaker 2: The defensive lineman like a nose tackle, who on one play out of one hundred, drops back into coverage to cover like shallow crossing routes, and there's an interception, not because he tipped it, because he threw it right to him at the line, but because he was like, you know what, I'm gonna drop back real quick, see what happens. And it's just a little stinker about it. I love that moment where Hellodi Nata is just I know, I'm saying organ players where whoever where Mount Cody drops back into coverage. You're like, oh wow, that was though. Yeah, yeah, that's it's a it's a wonderful moment.
Speaker 3: All right, give me another one.
Speaker 2: I mean, this sort of falls under the trick play thing, but it's not. It's an unintentional trick play. When there's a bad field goal or extra point snap and it's very clear that there's no time to put the ball down for the kicker. It's so a rhythmic, it's just not going to happen, and.
Speaker 1: The and the holder tries to put it down but accidentally just lays the ball down.
Speaker 2: He has no other option, and then there is that that moment again. It's one of those yep, that's me, I bet you wondered how we got here moments where he's like, I gotta do something, and then he is is the huffy kid. He is the sprint out, the throw to the corner of the end zone, hoping for the best. Obviously, it just goes straight out of back.
Speaker 1: To the lineman who is ineligibly downfield, and to the lineman, and one hundred out of one hundred times that holder's helmet gets twisted around his head as a result of the play, where it's.
Speaker 2: Just like the holder's a punter or like the third string quarterback, and he just maybe grabs any helmet. He's like, I'm just holding it like whatever, and running for his life. Caleb Sturgis is just yelling at him, and it just goes so horribly wrong, and the announcers say something like, well, you gotta feel for that kid. He tried to make something out of nothing, and there is never something. There's never ever something but a twisted helmet.
Speaker 1: And then there's always the shot along the sidelines, first off of him walking to the sidelines in disgust, and then once he gets there, oftentimes hanging around the medical tent, not sure if he's hurt enough to go in, not willing to admit to himself or anyone that he's hurt enough to go in, but surely feeling the pain after having his knees.
Speaker 2: He's never used the muscles no, that are necessary as a holder to sprint out and throw a pass on a route that's not supposed to even happen. He is like a concussed hamstring. There's an injury that has not even been diagnosed in the medical community. That's what the holder has. And this is when they burn the red shirt to get a new holder the following.
Speaker 3: Week open practice.
Speaker 1: The open practice, this is all fitting together.
Speaker 3: What do you have?
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got players fumbling the ball out of bounds or through the end zone for a touchback.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see. This does not get me excited. This This is one where you say a golden shower, cold shower.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you much better.
Speaker 1: As far as you know, I am all about this, and I know it makes me among the very few in college football media who's okay with this. Every time it happens, there are folks out there grumbling they should move it back to the lines, should it be a change of possession, the whole nine. I love this, really, I love this. Hold on to the damn ball if you want to score, if you don't, if you fumble it out. This is the one place on the field where it will be doubly punishable to fumble it. Do not fumble it through the end zone for a touchback. I've never had a problem with it. I love every time it happens. When it doesn't happen to.
Speaker 2: Mine, well, you act like it's something that can be controlled. Sometimes it's stripped. It's not just somebody reaching and it slips out of their hands.
Speaker 1: Well that's fair too, but yeah, don't being stripped. Yeah, don't fumble the ball through the end zone. Otherwise they're going to pay mightily for it.
Speaker 2: But that's worth a turnover, worth a turnover with a non recovered fumble as a turnover.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I enjoy. I enjoy the fact that the rule is inconsistently applied when you get down to the very spot where it matters the most. I appreciate that in college football. And I know I'm in the minority here, Yeah, I know it, but it does it for me. Dan, I love it. I love that rule.
Speaker 3: We should.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm just going to jump in right now because I'm positive everybody listening has like the certain instances and plays and scenarios on the field that they love.
Speaker 3: Please do tweet.
Speaker 2: Us at solid Verbal, email us Solidverbal at gmail dot com. We will recap the best of what you guys submit, probably on our next episode. Because it's the off season. There are one million Yeah, it's the off season. There are millions of scenarios that happen, and these are just the ones that are getting us going, even in the cold of March.
Speaker 1: The other thing that I would add is we're trying to be a little bit more active on the Instagram feed, and this would be a good place if you if.
Speaker 2: You're already follow send us a message to solid Verbal. We'll post at solid Verbal right yeah, at soliverb.
Speaker 1: We'll post something both on the normal feed and in the story to try and solicit some other things that we might have missed here.
Speaker 2: And you're going to start gramming from the Mystery day Job, right you were going to start?
Speaker 3: Ty'd be cool. It's just oh yeah, oh yeah, sure, Dan.
Speaker 2: That sounds like yeah, No, follow us on Instagram and and message us your your scenarios that really get you going. This one is one that sounds mean and cruel, but I promise you, I hope this is temporary and everybody is okay when I see this and that is and this is both in video games and real life, the hamstring injury that happens in the middle of the long run. No, and it goes from was there a packer who this happened to? Was this like a sterling Sharp, Javon Walker somebody in that era. I might be making this up, but a hamstring injury during a long breakaway run. Nobody is with them ten fifteen, twenty yards and all of a sudden they pull up, but they don't go down. It's just they go from running like a four four forty to like a ten four forty and it's it becomes a will he or won't he make it to the end zone before being tackled when it seemed like a sure thing, and all of a sudden, it's just like and down that stretch they come and it's it's a wonderful moment for me as long as they had. It's just a cramp and not really a hamstring full like tears.
Speaker 1: See what I'm what I'm thinking of, I'm not even thinking of On the football field, do you remember do you remember that race back in oh gosh, had to be the late nineties between Michael Johnson and Donovan.
Speaker 3: Bailey where they ran like the one fifty.
Speaker 1: They were right, they were trying to do the one hundred and fifty meter race, and I think Michael Johnson was losing at the time but did something to his squad and pulled a blame right, And.
Speaker 2: There was all sorts of reaction to that, like did he do it on purpose? But he just sort of went out. He was going at a very high rate of speed. He's an Olympic caliber runner, and all of a sudden, at one point, the world's fastest man just.
Speaker 1: Pulls up lane because it happens. Yeah, and you see that happen on the football field, and you do hope everyone's okay, but it is certainly a sudden twist in the plot.
Speaker 2: Would you ever? Would you ever flop? Would I ever flop in any scenario playing sports? Like you were saying, people accuse Michael Johnson of flopping in the one fifty?
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you flop.
Speaker 2: If one gave your team an advantage to save you some pride of being just absolutely demolished at something? I would And I have one hundred percent we are not role models.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Kids try your best, but sometimes you gotta do what you got now that actually, now.
Speaker 1: That you mention it, I have here players dramatically overplaying the victim card in an effort to draw a personal foul. So we're talking full on South American soccer style. Oh Jamal Adams, who, by the way, is excellent, but one are really good at this. For relisio going out there, there's a fracas of some sort confusion. Refs don't know what's going on, Announcers don't know what's going on, and out of nowhere, a guy just flops.
Speaker 2: Well like it'll get in the shoulder pad as somebody runs by him and he will act like he was hit by a mac truck.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. I appreciate that. I appreciate the ingenuity. I appreciate the devotion to team to try and get an extra fifteen yards.
Speaker 3: I'm all for it. I am too.
Speaker 2: I think in the moment it's like, oh man, that's like a chicken chicken ass move. But the more I think about it, it's like it's doggy dog if you can pull it off and get the flag. I wouldn't love it as a consistent practice. I wouldn't love it in the NBA way in the soccer way where it really affects the tenors, I agree, I agree, But in football, a fifteen yard penalty that takes a team from the twelve to the twenty seven or the forty, what if it if it really doesn't change and flop the game, no pun intended flip the game. I guess there is something to it. And I would never flop during a rec league basketball game unless I really didn't like the other team. If the other team was being terrible and just like talking trash or just obnoxious, That's when I would drive the lane and as I was shooting it, as I was going for a float, I would grab my eye or grab my nose and check for blood.
Speaker 3: Right, that was my move.
Speaker 2: I would check for blood all the time. So yeah, if it doesn't fully change the tenor tenure ten tenor Yeah, I'm good with the Jamal Adams.
Speaker 1: It's it's the wild draw four card and you can't play it in all circumstances.
Speaker 2: Would you be okay with like the NBA and how they've legislated it, calling the flop as a penalty, I'm reversing it, so I think so, yeah, because it would force you to be so good at flopping.
Speaker 3: That's right that you would have.
Speaker 2: If you're going to do it, you have to really sell it and time at right with the contact. We're talking a Coach k style school of drawing charges. You need to learn how to perfect that art in order to get those extra fifteen yards.
Speaker 3: Five team charges.
Speaker 2: I'm I think I am better with flopping in basketball than I am with charges. I think charges are bs. Okay, I think it's cowardly, But I just am advocating for flopping.
Speaker 3: So I think we're in agreement here.
Speaker 1: I think we've we've reached alignment on something else, all right, So we're running to the end of the show here. Now, there are a couple other ones that are what do you like that are on the list. I'm gonna go rapid fire through a couple of these, okay, mm hmm, kind of along the same lines as your player pulling a blame. I have the chain gang getting obliterated on the sidelines, the most pointless people on a football field. I don't want anyone to get hurt. These are innocent bystanders. But what always cracks me up is when you've got a three hundred pound lineman and somebody moving with barreling a tremendous amount of force towards the sidelines, and they break the chains when the hardware literally fails because you've got these monsters of men going out there trying to get an extra yard.
Speaker 3: That to me, is always worth a good chuckle.
Speaker 2: The chain gang is something that I never understood why we need people doing this job. I don't get in twenty nineteen, and if I were on the chain gang, I would be embarrassed to tell people that that's what I did. I would say working security. Oh, I work in the replay booth. Oh, I'm a ref Oh I'm a sideline judge. Oh like I help out with the cables and the TV crew on the side and make sure nobody trips over. Oh I'm to get back coach. There's all sorts of support roles on or near a football field to tell people. Yep, I hold a poll and then I walk a little and I hold it again. It is so dumb that we have humans doing this, I see.
Speaker 1: And along the same lines, now we're talking technology which gets into my space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's let's automate these idiots.
Speaker 1: My space, not the MySpace. Yeah, how about the landline telephones that are still on the sidelines as the primary means of communication for the quarterback or some member of the offense or defense to talk to the booth?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I I get this a little bit after what there were accusations in New England that like the phones were tapped. I get like that, the walkie talking, I get why. I get why they do it.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why it still looks like these are nineteen seventy style rotary phones that they're te to look like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it looks like you're an office phone. Sure, I think the rotary phones are good because they're super loud in a stadium. I think I means why that, like the rotary esque old fashioned phone is such so boomingly loud?
Speaker 3: I think that's why? Is it? I don't I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: It is rough though, that to throw a terrible interception have to go over the sideline and ring ring in the NFL, they're carrying around Microsoft surfaces on side spiking them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the best they can do is a roadaryf I don't know. I always get a kick out of that. What else do I have here I have the dual threat quarterback who tries to keep the play alive a little too long. Mm hmm, like tech mobile style, just keeps running backwards.
Speaker 2: Well along those lines. Third cousin, I would say quarterback who can't slide. Oh, he's been practicing. He's been practicing his slides. He's getting pretty was it?
Speaker 3: RG three? Who was it?
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, it's it's an issue because we don't want him taking contact. But he just looks like a baby giraffe when he tries to slide.
Speaker 1: And they somehow slide with both feet out risking permanent injury by catching.
Speaker 2: They just they just drop. They just drop down and they don't slide forward.
Speaker 3: It's great. The only it's like a key ball slide.
Speaker 1: The only other thing I have on my list is referees that botch the penalty announcements always good by either not knowing what the foul is when they turn on the microphone to announce it to the crew, or by thinking they know what it is and just getting it terribly wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah that is.
Speaker 2: I mean there are pack twelve clips and like where one ref is pointing one way with like the first down signal and the other ref is pointing the other way and they need to sort of get their wires uncrossed. That's always great, usually happens out west. But totally agree with you. I like the sideline trying to affect the call with like the babble Pedro Serrano type motion. Yeah, or like the incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, or the ball was down, ball was down, ball was out.
Speaker 3: I would be so excellent at that time. I do that at home when I'm watching a game.
Speaker 2: Always, always do the juggle, do the past interference.
Speaker 3: Throwing the flag, the imaginary flag.
Speaker 2: Sure, oh, you pull it out from your hip and it's and I will toss like four of them like I'm taking tissues out of a Kleenex box.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, yes, I do that.
Speaker 1: When I'm watching a soccer match, throw the imaginary if they don't even throw flags in soccer, you'll.
Speaker 3: Take out your your imaginary yellow card or right, that's right, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no, I'll take out the football flag first, and we'll take out the flag. You will cross sports.
Speaker 1: It's just wired into my DNA at this point to try and throw the flag on a foul. Yeah, if I'm playing FIFA, I'm trying to throw the flag and they don't. They don't even do that in soccer.
Speaker 2: I mentioned loving surprise left handers with that might.
Speaker 3: Be my favorite one we've discussed tonight.
Speaker 2: I also like when a quarterback has his dominant hand, usually his right hand, as he's rolling left, transfers the ball to his left hand, and I think Patrick Mahomes did it recently.
Speaker 3: This was a good.
Speaker 2: It either goes very right or very wrong. I love the let me and they do it in tennis sometimes where they get caught off there they're wrong footed and they just take a stab at it with their off hand and it never really goes right even when it does.
Speaker 3: I like that moment a lot ty. Okay, I really do, I truly do. Let's see what else?
Speaker 2: Do I have anything else that really gets me going? We had to grab away fumble?
Speaker 3: You have on here? What do I have? The older coach getting blown up on the sidelines. I felt bad about that one, but I do like it.
Speaker 2: It happened to Joe Pah, it happened that Charlie White. I don't think it was Joepa seriously injured.
Speaker 3: I don't think he was. He probably just had like a bad leg. He broke his leg. Oh joepap broke his leg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's yeah. It's still fine by me given all the things. The Charlie Wise thing is sad. He like he tore his acl and that was a bad looking penalty. I just there there was something that like, oh, it's not coming over here. I'm fine, I'm fine. Oh God, O God, O god God. We're terrible happens, so we're gonna get thrown in jail for this. It's okay, it's okay. I think that's all I could think of. Yeah at this moment. Okay, but the surprise left handed receiver is very good.
Speaker 3: Well, these are the.
Speaker 2: Things that give us the college football vapors. The things that these are college football joy write in let us know what you think. Follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram. We've also got a subreddit started. Buyverballers four overballers.
Speaker 3: Comment it up. You might hate the show, you might love the show.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think about that as well by going on out to iTunes, dot com, slash solid Verbal and leaving us a review.
Speaker 3: We always appreciate it. Yep.
Speaker 1: Please do check out our good friends over at Indo Chino Indo Chino dot com slash Solid if you'd like to cash in on that deal. Uh, this is a fun show. This is a show that I think you and I have been stewing over for quite some time now. We've been collecting these items on the list.
Speaker 3: So it's fine and steamy. It's very high. I lost my shirt about midway through.
Speaker 2: I didn't mention this, and I don't know if I sound any different, but I am now broadcasting from a closet.
Speaker 3: Okay, I am now.
Speaker 2: So three years ago I lived alone, I think right, three four years who I lived alone and just did my podcast wherever. Then I moved in with Jody with an Eye and started doing it in like a side room that there was like a half studio half like I had my dress. Everybody was quiet and it did the job. And then we moved into a bigger place and I had that separate room that I set up for both audio and video things and podcasts from there and dampened the walls and did all those things to make it sound all right. And then the Solid baby came along, like, well, he needs a room, so that got my podcasting setup got moved out to like where the kitchen table is, and then his stuff started mounting up. And so now I'm in the you called it the dank room, aka the claw, aka the dangein. It's so I am in a walking closet and that's where my desk is. I have my wife's work clothes to my left hanging up, and some audio dampening foam all around me.
Speaker 3: And this is my life.
Speaker 1: You are effectively college football's Milton Wadams at this point.
Speaker 3: Milton Wadams, that is, I have been danished. All right, Well, you sound wonderful as always. Thank you. Thank you to everyone for tuning into the show.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: Follow us on social media, rite in let us know what gets you going on the college football field. We'll be back in a week.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, for that fine gentleman over there, my good friend Dan Rubinstein, for myself, Tie hille Brand, thanks again for tuning into the soliverbo.
Speaker 3: We'll catch you all soon. In the meantime, stay solid, peace,