Speaker 1: Two pros and a cup of Joe. Here Fox Sports Radio in for the Dan Patrick Show. It's LaVar Arrington and Jonas Knox with you, and coming up here, we are going to tell you all you need to know about the potential return and impact of one Luka Doncic for the Los Angeles Lakers. And also, hey, what's going on with Haliburton? We have answers and we're going to tell him to you. Coming up here shortly on the show, we're also going to have a conversation with Pete Prisco. He's going to tell you all that you need to know about NFL stories, hot takes, the Draft. Coming up, We've got the very latest on one team's decision to move forward with their starting quarterback for how long will it last? Dion Sanders getting a lot of criticism, a lot of heat up there, and Boulder, we're going to tell you why some people should back off a little bit. And speaking of backing off, the NFL's decided to not back off. Of the Rams and the forty nine ers going all the way to Australia. Why is it happening? When is it happening? We've got the latest for you. It's all yours coming up next here two pros and a cup of Joe filling in for the Dan Patrick Show right here on Fox Sports Radio. Okay, it's LeVar Arrington. There we go. Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Normally you can hear us alongside Brady Quinn weekday morning six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific. We're actually in this time slot yesterday rocking and rolling, and so we are doing it again here on this three hour extravagans and we're going to take you all the way up until newon Eastern time, nine o'clock Pacific. You can listen on the iHeartRadio app. You can find us on hundreds of affiliates all across the country. You can also watch along on YouTube as well too, at two pros FSR on YouTube. You can see all the shenanigans for yourself. At two pros FSR on YouTube is where you can find us. And we just continue on and keep it rolling here, LeVar Arrington.
Speaker 2: I mean, why not?
Speaker 1: And that it is throwing my government out there like that.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: It is important to point out that the NBA Playoffs are here and DraftKings Sports Book is an official sports betting partner of the NBA, and right now use the promo code two PROS to claim your special offer at DraftKings. Again, that's Promo Code two pros At DraftKings. The crown is yours? What up? Sticks? Hi? How are we feeling here? Good? It's Tuesday morning?
Speaker 2: Good? Uh?
Speaker 1: Scinilating conversation before the show started.
Speaker 4: I just don't want any of them confetti eggs. That's all mad love for Lorena. Yeah, I just don't want any confetti eggs man. And and for what it's worth, you know, I feel like dating is overrated too, by the way, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You know all y'all dudes out there, it's sweating Lorena trying to date Lorena and all this stuff. You know, I would say it's it's worthwhile to try. She's pretty fun, she's dope, like one of the homies. But man, you you don't come correct, then you don't get caught wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the woodchip right now there.
Speaker 2: I mean, you ever hear the Black Widow Spider.
Speaker 1: So for those that are not familiar, we had a conversation post Easter because I was mentioning how my in laws are Mexican and so no they have yeah, oh yeah, see okay believe So they have this, Uh they have this tradition the other night, like I was blown away authentic. Uh. So they have this tradition. There are confetti filled eggs that they throw at each other and they crack them on each other and they're they're a complete mess. But you basically take an egg, you cut the top of an egg off, you you dry it out, you clean it, you do whatever you do. You fill it with confetti, and then you cover it with like a wax paper and then you just light people up with it. I mean, you light them ups. Strange to me, it is.
Speaker 4: It just seems like too much effort for some Like I'd rather do a water balloon.
Speaker 1: Tell me about Try having that happen and they're explaining it to you and you don't know what they're saying. Try that on for size. So I've been going through that for years now. No bla, no, no no. And so uh there was a listener to our show, Two Pros and a Cup of Joe Out to you who works at a Walmart and you're sweating, Loraina, He sent an entire box of confetti eggs here, and she's trying to give him, give him out to people, like like she's doing what she's supposed to do, like like she's trying to share the love, share the wealth like she always does for the show.
Speaker 4: And listen. I don't think you earned any brownie points with her. I don't think you've won my guy. But thanks for putting us in a position to have to tell Lorena we don't want that s.
Speaker 2: You know, thank you mess.
Speaker 1: It's very very very nice thought, very nice gesture. But but you didn't do it for us, so we know why you. You tried to use them little crappy ass eggs to try to get in.
Speaker 4: It ain't work. We hating on you on national radio. Yeah, that's all right, it didn't work. And I don't want your eggs now.
Speaker 1: Now let me now, let me ask you, let me ask you this, all right? Do you believe that c J. Stroud is a real egg or a confetti film bag?
Speaker 2: He's a real leg right now? All right?
Speaker 1: Because then they play a whole lot of confetti in that egg.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: They did pick up the fifth year option on c J. Stroud. They also did the same for Will Anderson of course. Nick Cassario, their GM, spoke yesterday about the decision to pick up the fifth year option on CJ. Stroud and had this to say.
Speaker 5: I don't really think it affects the future. I mean, he's our quarterback. We've said that from the beginning. To me, Go and I both said it, so, I mean, I think that was really more of a procedural thing. I mean, I don't want to say it was a no brainer. It's kind of a no brainer. So glad he's here again, It's more part of the process. I mean, so we're excited about his off season. I think he's had a good approach, had a good attitude here. I think he's put a lot of work in, you know, from let's say March and April. So excited to have him around here in the spring, and I'm excited to keep moving.
Speaker 1: Forward now, Nick Cassario. They also made the decision to pick up the fifth year option on Will Anderson, which is a no brainer because Will Anderson has been fantastic. Oh he's a beast, and he's been getting better and better. And we've talked about it on our show that that defense sick and the way they look, Oh, my god, I never see the way they look when they come out of this. They make it a point to show the cutaway or the bumps and all that stuff, showing the Texans defense.
Speaker 4: Front when they're coming out of the locker room and ising defense to deal with. I tell my son every time I see them play, I always screen capture, I record it and send it to my son and I say, this is what you're supposed to get look for. Look like when you come walking out of the locker.
Speaker 1: Room and you watch the way that the playoffs went down, and you go, all right, So Will Anderson's going to be here long term, and it makes sense. He's gotten better and better and better every single year, and it's the complete opposite for CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 1: It feels like he had that rookie year to where everyone looked at that and it was all of a sudden, Man, the Texans landed on one, getting the number two pick Bryce Young, look what's happening there? And since then it's just been I would argue he's regressed from his rookie season to the point to where now following the playoffs, people are looking around going I don't know, man. He seemed like he was the next guy that was going to get the monster contract at quarterback in the NFL, And now I think there's a lot of people with serious doubts about whether or not he's the guy based on what we saw in the biggest games last year.
Speaker 4: Well, it's hard to not come to that conclusion when the last game you've seen him plays the biggest game of the year and he threw four picks in a loss. The interesting thing about it is twenty five point nine guarantee to him the endorsement of your GM in Caserio. All the stars aligned for CJ. Stroud to come into this season and play himself into a bigger contract. I think that that's the setup for it. There's nothing like having the amount of confidence in you invested in you by a team, by the coach, by the GM, and those who matter most, the guys in the locker room. I've never heard anybody give any type of criticisms or any type of things that would give cause for pause in terms of drama. He's not a good team guy, not a good locker room guy. He's toxic. None of those things have ever surfaced about CJ. Stroud, So I think all things given. Every once in a while, you you have a you have a setback or two that takes place. His is a little bit more visible, is a little bit bigger than what maybe most people's would be. But with that being said, I think it's the right move. Yeah, now, I don't think it's the wrong move at all. And all it does is move the timeline, you know, in terms of what it is that you have going on with CJ Stroud year fifth year option. It's standard, so it's not like this is earth moving. The bigger news. The bigger story would have been if they did something different than what they did. I mean, honestly, if that's if we're going to have a lead for CJ Stroud in this moment, the bigger story would have been if they didn't exercise that fifth year option.
Speaker 1: And what was it that they did. Did they just redo the.
Speaker 4: Deal altogether or are they looking at it from the standpoint we're not doing anything right now, We're just going to figure out, you know, where we go with this. I think that this obviously shows that there's confidence in CJ Stroud. And again, like I said that, the bigger deal would have been if they didn't exercise the extension.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes all the sense in the world. It's not a surprise that they picked up the fifth year option. I think that what this does do, though, is illustrates how massive this next season is for him, because if it comes out and it looks like it did this year and it's a carryover from what the postseason looked like, then all of a sudden, we got a real conversation on our hands about what what do you do? Because you've got a defense that can win a Super Bowl right now. As we've talked about, watching that game, I felt frustrated that the game against New I felt frustrated for the defense and you could see their frustration because they were getting the ball back. They were getting after mac Jones like it was and there was you know, a couple of plays down the field you know that they may have missed on, but there were so many opportunities there. And it's just crazy to think where we were a couple of years ago and where we are now. And I'm not saying that that this is you know, a comp because it's you know, the one and two and all that stuff to go along with it, but you know, we've seen it before to where a quarterback gets off to a hot start and then a couple of things happen and next thing, you know, we're looking back on going, oh, maybe it's not the same. And I don't want to jump the gun on this, but man, there was a lot of conversation about Carson Wentz and a lot of conversation about the early start of his career and he was a you know, MVP this and that, and things just never got on track after he started to struggle and the you know, the health issues and all that came along with it, and it would help if he had a consistent run game. That Joe Mixon saich suation it was.
Speaker 2: It didn't work out.
Speaker 1: But I just think that all of a sudden, they've gone from you've got your quarterback of the future, You've got your defense. This is a team to watch too. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, here's here's the here's the sensible conclusion to this situation.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 4: Stroud is and his development is connected to Damico Ryans and his job security. If if this season, this upcoming season is bad for c J. Stroud, depending on how bad it is, you have to have the conversation as to how this impacts the head coaching position. I believe poor play this is an indication that signifies here's here's the thing. Do you redo the now if you're confident and what CJ. Stroud brings to the table for the future of this team as the franchise quarterback?
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: If you're confident and what CJ. Stroud brings to the table, do you extend his deal and give him a new deal beyond just doing the fifth year the fifth year option?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, yeah, if.
Speaker 4: That's your conclusion, Jonas right, which that should be anybody's conclusion. If that's your conclusion, then now you got to ask yourself the question, why just do the fifth year option? Are you waiting to do it in training camp? When are you planning on doing the full extension of or just doing a new contract?
Speaker 2: Usually you extend it out whatever it may be.
Speaker 4: It says to me, if they take this into the season, they're basically saying we're not giving you a long term contract because you may be out, and if you're out, that means the head coach is going to be out too, which signifies a rebuilt because you're basically wasting away a gifted, talented championship caliber defense.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it like this. Two years ago, we were talking about maybe the greatest rookie quarterback season of all time, at least in the argument of, you know, one of the great rookie quarterback seasons of all time, quarterback of the future, gonna make you know, two hundred three hundred whatever the contract is at that time when when his deal is due to be done. We've gone from that too. Yeah, maybe it's not a bad idea to benchmin a playoff game like that was a real conversation, so bad, that's a real coal sitting there couches said should they bench the day stroud they were being they were asking to Mieko Ryans about a post game and the fact and it's and it wasn't the craziest thought in the world. And this is you could tell in watching that playoff game it was a lot arming man because he looked rattled. It looked like there was other stuff going on that he wasn't. He just couldn't figure it out and get out of his own way. And the fact that that was a real discussion to be had, I think tells you a lot about where he was at in that game. And why this offseason is such a big deal. And look, I hope that that it works out because c J. Stroud, to your point, seems like a really good dude. You never hear anything bad about him. He's not getting in trouble, none of that stuff that you hear going on with him. But it is fair to wonder if maybe we jumped the gun a little bit following one season only to find out things look things look awkward. And for what it's worth, you know, Demiko Ryans made a bold move to where you went from. You had an offensive coordinator in Houston, c J. Stroud's rookie year who was being interviewed for head coaching jobs because of the work he did with c J. Stroud too out of a job the next year. Like there's been turnover there as well too. It just feels like it's a lot and it just again it illustrates why this year is so important for him.
Speaker 4: There's no jumping the gun on having a stellar season because you don't have stellar seasons by accident. You have stellar seasons because of your preparation, because everything you know went the way that it was supposed to go. Things just haven't gone the way that they're supposed to gone on the offensive side of the ball, and more specifically CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud, So there's always.
Speaker 4: The opportunity to improve and become more of what you need to become, versus just slipping into the abyss of being in the pool of serviceable, serviceable quarterbacks that actually could have been looked at and viewed as a franchise guy.
Speaker 2: It happens all the time. I was in DC when RG.
Speaker 4: Three got there, talk about a meteoric rise, a quick meteorc rise. His first season was as stellar as it gets as well, just so happens. Hellodi Nada got ahold of his leg, and his leg was never the same, and neither was his game. Sometimes that happens.
Speaker 1: Sometimes guys get off the slow starts and then they end up.
Speaker 4: Being for freaking Hall of Famers. We don't know what the book is, it's not out, it's not written yet for CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud, but it's a better decision to.
Speaker 4: Give him the confidence and the backing and support that he needs, rather than in this NFL climate, this year, this offseason, to actually think that you're going to sever the relationship, destroyed a relationship between you and CJ. Stroud over poor play during the course of last year.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, could be worse, be worse, could have that weirdo back. You know, there is that I mean.
Speaker 2: And he is back.
Speaker 1: They got baptized? Who did.
Speaker 2: DeShawn?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did he really? Congratulations?
Speaker 4: He got baptized, man like, So you can't keep hitting him with it, Like I wonder if they dried him off with a tap. But anyway, all right, so that's the last time I'm gonna do it, right, I'm going last time. I'm gonna take a shot. I wonder how many tiles they used to dry him off? No, but seriously, like that's fairy. I mean, they say when you get when you get baptized, the old you dies and the new you emerges.
Speaker 2: I believe in grace.
Speaker 4: I believe in being able to redeem yourself. Redemption stories are phenomenal. Deshaun Watson has a tremendous opportunity to be a great redemption story, and I hope it plays out that way, and I hope for CJ. Stroud it plays out that way. But I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Twenty five twenty five nine, Yeah, twenty five nine, twenty five nine, twenty five nine, shut hutt hut hut all the way to my bank account. You ain't going too bad. I could probably a FOURD day z Cliner. I know that because if you've got trouble sleeping, get introducing z Cliner, the revolutionary recliner designed by Flex Steel. The z cliner was engineered with RESTful sleep in mind, making it an ideal bet alternative. A healthy life starts with a healthy night's sleep. Visit z cliner dot com slash Dan Patrick today to find z Cliner at a store near you. So we're going to have the usuals. It's LeVar Arrington, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. As we take you all the way up on this three hour journey, we are going to catch up with our guy, Pete Prisco. He's going to join us. If you like red Asses in the morning, Ris goes your guy. That's gonna be a lot of fun. We'll talk to Pete. We're gonna have another edition at.
Speaker 4: The really yeah nice, it helps, It helps take off the ridness.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna have another edition of In case you missed it, We've got the leftovers. All of it is yours here on Fox Sports Radio. But uh, apparently some good news for one franchise in the world of sports. Sir of the God, we'll tell you what it is next.
Speaker 3: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 6: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 1: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 6: All you gotta do search a Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR.
Speaker 2: Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 1: It's a Dan Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming up, we'll call it a little over fifteen minutes from now. We got a little something we do on the show called In case you missed it, that'll be yours here on FSR. But right now, it is time for the tire rack Play of the Day.
Speaker 3: Go one oh, Jackson gets into one deep left field.
Speaker 1: Back as a left fielder, turning around the baby, here's gone a grand slam. Jeremiah Jackson clear to Orioles Radio Network on the call. That is your tire Rack play of the day. For over forty years, Tyrack's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, shipped fast and freeback by free road as a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tire rack dot com. The way tire by should be. The NBA playoffs, we actually you know what, I'm not even gonna call him that. I won't. I'm sorry. The NBA playing games, okay, start later on tonight. We've got the Heat and the Hornets. We've got the Blazers and the Suns, and we'll get to see, uh, who's got an opportunity to go to the postseason. Charlotte's a fun team to watch. They're thirty thirty two and thirteen since the beginning of January. Like they they they found something there with nipple with ball nippets. That's a uh. That's who didn't like that? That's a uh. That's a fun team to watch. The other news that came out in the NBA nipples and was the Hey, nowadays you never know. Uh the other the other thing that uh that came out in the NBA and tournament. Yes, uh, the other news that came out was potentially good news for the Los Angeles Lakers sector of guy and our friends listening on the Blowtorch and five seventy LA Sports Luka doncic.
Speaker 4: Yep, I told y'all, hey, I said it. I called it earlier. He's coming back earlier than what I thought.
Speaker 1: He is returning to Los Angeles on Friday. He has spent the last week in Spain getting some injections on his hamstring issue. He uh has this Grade two hamstring strain and he's returning to Los Angeles to be with the team. He will not be playing in the game or playing in playoff games early.
Speaker 2: On, but I expect it to return.
Speaker 1: He is going to be with the team potentially.
Speaker 2: Roll out to you yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said, there's a three win chance here for everybody involved. One JJ Reddick, you coach your ass all the way off. You shouldn't have no ass left with all the coaching that you do in this first these first few games until whatever when when h Luca gets back, and for what it's worth, then you coach some more. You continue to coach. If you make it into the second round with what you're dealing with with Luca, with where your team is currently not having reeves available, that's a win for JJ Reddick as a coach. If Lebron James, who is going to have to play out of his mind for them to get out of this round with Houston, if he plays the way he needs to play and has been playing. You know, I saw like the criticisms like, ah, there's not enough, Lebron James is too old, and all of those things, would you would be one hundred percent inaccurate.
Speaker 2: He is too old, they don't have enough to him.
Speaker 1: But for the sake of sportspeople, what if Lebron James finds some magic and plays out of his mind like he has been playing lately as of late, and they make it.
Speaker 2: Into the second round of the playoffs, and now you.
Speaker 4: Have Luca back, Thus the third victory that's in the queue if Luca comes back. Because here's the thing, everybody's like, I am stringed data. Da looka don't play defense anyway. Let's be clear, Luca is not gonna hurt himself because he's working his ass off to play some defense and.
Speaker 1: He gonna lose ball. And he's not a slasher, So the things that he does best is find a way to get the ball and let it go. Yeah, you get his.
Speaker 4: Hamstring good enough for him to get up and down the court set up and he can handle the discomfort of getting up and down the court and letting that ball go. He's going to draw the defense out. He's gonna draw that defense out.
Speaker 1: And if Luca is able to have success with making some of them baskets, is going to open up things down below maybe eighten, you know, guiding.
Speaker 4: Maybe those those guys are are able to have an impact on the series. Who knows what happens. The potential of Austin Reeves potentially coming back could take place late in the second series, start of the next series after that in the championship rounds.
Speaker 1: It's a win for the Los angele Let's go four wins. JJ Reddick as a coach.
Speaker 4: Lebron James and his and being is phenomenal as he's been and this being probably the final season he's going to be with the Lakers. It's a win to go out this way carrying the team. He went out on his shield, Luca not taking the easy road, the soft tissue road, soft tissue injury road, and not playing. He's trying to come back. If he makes it back and he impacts it, that's a win. And the fourth win I shall add to this list the LA Lakers. They win as a franchise if they are able to get out of the first round of this playoff run. I believe it's a tremendous It is a tremendous undertaking to beat one of the better teams out there in the NBA right now, in the Rockets. It's a young team, it's a really talented team. They got a lot going for them. They got a guy by the name of what's his name, what's the score, Kevin Durth, the Sniper. Oh yeah, they got a team. If they can get out of that series, there's there's there's a quadruple win that that is on that that gets registered in the record book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's over. You've seen uh, you've seen the last of them. You've seen the last of Luca. And here's why I say that one. They're not beating the Rockets. Austin Reeves is not coming back till at best the second round. And when Luca does come back, you really want to rush him back out there. The guy just got you know, blood spinning done or whatever he did. They put a bowl elephant gun to his hamstring to try and get him ready to go, and then you're relying on Lebron James. I look at it if I'm the Lakers, and I say this, eh, whatever, like because it was never about this year anyways, Like this was all about let's end this peacefully, let's end this quietly. The Lebron era is over, and then we move forward and we start thinking about the future with Luca Austin Reeves and you figure it out from there. This year was I don't want to call it a free roll. I just think it was a let's be nice to everybody here. It's been awkward, it's it's been a weird vibe with Lebron and everyone knowing that it's probably the end of the run here and everyone's like, hey, we're good here, We're probably better off apart. If I'm the Lakers, Why do I want to rush Luca back? In a series where your second or third best player isn't even going to be a part of it. Austin reeves, why would you want to rush Luca back to that with a bum Hams? Win to try and win, try to win when look the odds improved from yesterday's show to today's show, whether that's the Luca News or whatever. On the Rockets and Lakers series, and it's still Rockets minus six point fifty on draftking Ie No hope. So I look at it. If I'm the Lakers, Yeah, why am I gonna ITTs? What makes but sports amazing? But if he comes back, do you.
Speaker 4: Know for certain if he comes back, he's going to wreck his career by reinjury. I'm not saying for certain that the Houston Rockets are going to thrash the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Do you know for certain? Yes?
Speaker 1: And I think a lot of people do. And I don't think it's just people that have a side to pick from or a team to root for. I think what is unfair when you see a line come out like that where it's Houston minus sixth fifteen. They still got to play, and that's improved from the day before. Living in the gambling odds, I know you feel like the Lions don't lie. But you have come in and you have approached me to give you my money for bets where you felt like the Lions didn't lie, and I did not get my money back.
Speaker 2: I did not get my money back.
Speaker 4: That is your fault trusting the lines, and it's my fault for trusting you trusting the line.
Speaker 1: Blame the scumbags who scored that boxing event that we were at all right, that was there was a scumbag decision by a bunch of judges who were probably on the take, right. I know that's reckless, but they took ours. We got screwed. We got scre I needed that twenty bucks, me too, sons of bitches? Can we not very two of the leads here, Yeah, one being a very quickly Steph Curry and Kawhi Leonard have to try to play their way into the playoffs. Now, we just had a conversation because March matt And has just ended, and one Jonas Knox asked the question.
Speaker 4: Does the play in teams do they even count? They don't even count them on the March Madnes's a bracket. Yeah, do they even count? So now the question becomes do the playing teams even count, And how crazy is it to think that maybe the Clippers catch fire and give somebody trouble coming out of the play in, Maybe Steph curR and the Warriors catch fire and give people problems coming into the.
Speaker 1: Regular playoffs. Maybe one of these playing teams catches fire and gives a team that was deserving of being in the playoffs or early departure ticket. I find that to be kind of it's entertaining, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Know that I like you.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the problem I have with the NBA playoff format is there's no real and I guess it's a good and a bad thing. The good thing is, you know, at the end of it all the best team wins because you've got to beat a team in a seven game series all the way through. I guess the part that I'm not crazy about is when there was the five game series where you had the to Kenby Mutumbo Nuggets team beat the Sonics. Back then, because it was a shorter series, there was more of a chance that you could you could catch somebody who is a higher seed. And nowadays it's just so it's so difficult to do to beat a team in a seven game series four times if you're the quote unquote worse of the two teams. And so even though one of these teams could get in and look, Miami did it a couple of years ago where they made a run and they got hot. But I just I look at some of these teams with the opportunity, and the one I'm most interested in is Charlotte because it's new and they've been on such a tear. But man, Golden States been banged up, the Clippers have been you know, Kawhi's had a really good bounce back year, but the Clippers, you never know, especially in the postseason, and it just feels and you know, the Sixers are always banged up seemingly, there's always a problem there with Joel Embiid or whoever you know is dealing with whatever they're dealing with. I just I look at it and I go, it would be nice, But the seven game format kind of kills the suspense and the opportunity for some of these lower seeds to make a run of this thing.
Speaker 4: Next one and I know we're up against it, but the next one. We just had the conversation where we brought up the antitrust laws protecting the National Football League the viewership and how viewers are getting bludgeoned in terms of viewership, how you're able to watch it. Everything is paid for, But it's an outdated law that represents what the NFL has been negotiating now that you have streaming. Streaming was not a thing when this law was made. And so to look at where the NFL is now and how many platforms out there they're using to expand their reach, to expand their their distribution, and it's streaming.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Amazon Prime owns the rights to the play in. If you do not have Amazon Prime, you cannot view the play in NBA playoff games? Are the NBA play in playoff games important enough for you to actually get a Prime.
Speaker 2: Subscription to see them? Now?
Speaker 4: You may cancel after I don't know what the rules are. I'm sure they're aware of that. So they're going to find a way where they're going to still get their pound out of you before you get out of there with your cancelation after seeing the games. But doesn't this sound interesting that you cannot find on cable, dish, any other regular television channels you cannot watch the game.
Speaker 1: It's almost as if The question is, are these playing games worth the number of boxes you're gonna have to break down from Amazon, because there's there's a lot of them, God bless. I mean, what a great strategy to funnel people more like as a bezos as if you don't have enough people. I My trash cans be full every single trash day every week with Amazon boxes that are too big for the packages that come from me. Like I order a travel sized toothpaste, it comes in a box that you would put a body in. Like it's just Enough's enough? Okay, Well you don't need to show off how much extra spending cash you have by sending that stuff in a giant box. Enough's enough. So is the time you've got to take to break down those boxes worth paying.
Speaker 4: To be able to watch these playing That's going to be a big question. And I got to say, this is money.
Speaker 2: I need it.
Speaker 1: I've heard this, I've.
Speaker 2: Heard this before.
Speaker 4: This is one of those situations Jonas where the NBA, much like other professional sports, are watching what happens with.
Speaker 1: The NFL and and and this this.
Speaker 4: Whole uh the government coming after them and saying that it's not enough free television for for viewers to see it free. This is one of those situations. If it doesn't go well for the National Football League, you gotta believe that the NBA.
Speaker 1: Is on the clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're on the clock because there's too many there's too much of this going on. You're forcing You're not You're not giving the viewer and the fan the opportunity. You're forcing them to go somewhere where they may or may not want to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is two pros and a cup of Joe. LeVar Arrington, Jonas Knox sitting in for the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. And up next we are going to have another edition of In Case you missed it, and it's yours right here at FSR.
Speaker 3: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 1: Get up, Mark Tid Get get up. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys coming up top of next hour a little over ten minutes from now. Apparently things are heading in the wrong direction for somebody in the world of football. We'll get into that for you right here on FSR before we get to another edition of In case you missed today, reminder to check out our brand new YouTube channel for the show. Just search two pros FSR on YouTube. Begin. That's two pros FSR. Be sure to hit the subscribe button. Don't stop there, hit the thumbs up icon and comment away. Let us know who on the show you agree with, who you think is wrong. But check out our new channel on YouTube. Begin Just search two pros FSR and subscribe and you can see us right now on YouTube. So again, go to two pros fs are and subscribe.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you can't get to everything in the world of sports or entertainment. Good thing, the guys are here to bring you in case you missed it.
Speaker 1: Labar In case you missed this, Okay, I'll tell you the tale of Jarvis Moore. Give me the tale of Jarvis Jarvis Moore. You're probably looking at that way. What is he like a you know, a linebacker like CC school or something like that. Well, I mean Alabama is correct or or receiver. You know he's a former Morgan County jail officer. Oh wow, he's now facing seven felony extortion charges related to that's not good taking honey buns from inmates. He worked at a type of buns. He worked at the uns. Yeah, okay, I'll just make it sure. He worked at the Morgan County Jail for twenty four years. He turned himself in.
Speaker 2: You are one greedy so ob man.
Speaker 4: Now, well, I mean, I don't understand you're extorting them for their their.
Speaker 1: Honey buy This story started making the rounds recently because there's a lot going on, and you know, people are paying attention to different things. But yeah, apparently.
Speaker 2: Talk an abusive.
Speaker 1: He popped for stealing the honey buns. Now he has said the following quote, I just want the people to know that I didn't do this, and it is killing me to be plastered all over the world that I am this and I am that and I am not that. He claims he is diabetic, which shows a real will. I mean, listen, that's a real will to compete.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you that boosting honey buns don't mean you're eating the honey buns.
Speaker 2: You could be giving them to other people.
Speaker 1: Now, he does not deny taking the honey buns. He says he was following an established policy that when inmates started fires in the jail, it was policy to take commissery items from those inmates to give them to others.
Speaker 2: So basically he's saying making sure they share.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if if you, you know, sharing his care, if you start to start lighting stuff on fire inside the jail, you're gonna lose your honey buns. So how bad do you want that flame? I mean, or how bad do you want that show?
Speaker 4: If you light the fire, then you can toast that honey bun. They say they're better warm than they all came.
Speaker 1: He said it's been going on for years. More in his attorney, Scott Morrow, believed the chargers or retaliation connected to a leaked video of an inmate who died in jail custody in April of last year. So that's that's how many honey buns? Yeah, So that's that's the current state of affairs in the in the jail slash prison system. If you want to get some revenge, you steal somebody's honey buns. I'll say this though, they're not bad. They're not bad.
Speaker 4: Now, were they glazedney buns? Are just regular honey glazed? Yeah, Yeah, that's a game.
Speaker 1: That's worth it.
Speaker 4: Man, when it when it got that that glaze cover on them, like know, get that I single on them.
Speaker 1: That's worth it.
Speaker 2: Pages the game