Speaker 1: George.
Speaker 2: I'm a homegrowl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 1: You know, if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in. Hey, y'all's up.
Speaker 2: It's Laura la Rosa and this is another episode of the Latest with Laura l Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations that shake.
Speaker 1: The wrong baby.
Speaker 2: So y'all know, we always start off by checking in behind the scenes of the Grind, and today on the Grind, I am just I'm just here.
Speaker 1: Staying consistent, y'all.
Speaker 2: Behind the scenes though, like it's been a lot of this week preparation for a photo shoot that I have happening on Saturday. One of the things that it has been a really big I was gonna say, like decision I've made, but it's not really a decision, but it's a goal, a really big goal that I've set for myself is that once I kind of got a little bit more comfortable, not comfortable like suttling comfortable, but like more confident in my role, you know, as personality and doing the news and all the things, you know, after starting a new job and almost like a new phase and new life again. Once things settled down enough where I could start kind of multitasking and bringing other things, and I wanted to get back to like the fashion. And you guys know, and if you don't, I'm telling you now we have a merch line, a clothing line where we drop fashion pieces. Right now, we have merch which is T shirts and hoodies, but you know, we actually design as well, so we have a lot coming. So it's important to me to not just tell the bron Girl Grinding story through the latest with Lorna Rosa in the news and you know, behind the scenes of the grind, but also to have you know, some merch in some fashion pieces that when y'all are out in it, it speaks to who you are as a person. So we have the I love of Brown Girl Grinding T shirts and hoodies. We have Brown gir Grinding T shirts and hoodies and we have more to come. So we'll be doing a photo shoot this weekend to get that together. And if you guys are listening to this episode, go to Brown Girl Grinding dot com and.
Speaker 1: Use cold bgg love at checkout.
Speaker 2: And I got a little surprise for you, just because I'm here planning this photo shoot and doing this podcast all at the same dame time, and y'all are here keeping me company, and I appreciate the love to like I'll go out to like a lot of different events, you guys know, I love being out in the community. Love bring y'all the latest life from different events and things. And I'll literally see people in the merch and it warms my heart because not because it's like, you know, they're buying a merch, but more so because when I started doing all of this, like having the conversations that you know, shake the room is the tagline of Brown Girl Grinding in the podcast here. My biggest thing was I wanted to create a community. I talk to y'all, y'all talk back to me. We learn together, we grow together. Things are not always perfect, but we're doing it together, my little riders. So when I see the merch, when I see y'all you know, on the Brown Grog Grinding Instagram all common spelling, we'll plug commenting on the posts and the content and really enjoying the messaging and in the community. It makes me happy. So let's get on into the latest. Speaking of community and people being Happy. You guys know that Todd Tucker and Candy Birds Candy Birds formerly of Escape, also of Real Housewives of Atlanta, they got a divorce. They got a divorce which finalized in March of twenty twenty six. Candy Birds initially filed for the divorce back in November twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: To this day, we still don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: There have been speculations that there was in fidelity on Todd's part, but we don't know what happens still to this day.
Speaker 1: But what we do know is that they are raising children together both.
Speaker 2: You know, they both have daughters from previous relationships. So Candy Birds has Riley, who is her daughter, who's on that nextion NYC show. Todd has a daughter as well, and then they have young children together and with them being recently divorced, Todd has begin to kind of come into his own as a social media personality. I know, we talked about the Housewives in the last episode here on the Latest with Laurna Rosa in the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Candy was a big part of that show before she left, and her relationship in her marriage with Todd was as well with her mother, and a lot of people kind of questioning where Todd stood, like, you know, was he okay with not being the breadwinner? Was he faithful? There were a lot of questions at the time around certain things. I personally understood where that conversation came from. I think anytime a woman is very successful and she Candy has been successful forever and continues to grow in her success, and a man is not equally as successful or you know, their success is a part of the woman's success, like Todd was creating businesses with Candy and working with Candy on things. That becomes a conversation and it can be tough, like you know, as a woman who's dealt with, you know, men that had you know, more than me, that had less than me, but not even just financially. But I think ambition is the conversation. And I think sometimes as women were naturally more ambitious and outgoing when it comes to certain thing the men are, it gets tough trying to figure out that dynamic sometimes and I can't imagine doing it across reality TV, but in this new era they are now going through a divorce, not on reality TV, but in the public eye. It was a huge thing when they filed for divorce and when it was finalized, there was some back and forth over custody and different you know, who would take what and who owned what and what business belonged to who. But they figured it out. They figured it out to the point where they now. We've seen them on a few vacations together and cold parenting, and Candy actually talked about this. She sat down with Danielle Brooks for her Intermission podcast that she does. It's a video podcast, and Candy talked about like how weird it was in the beginning of the divorce because they still share children together, and then where it's grown to now and sick listen.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was a little challenging during while we were in the middle of the divorce because it's like I just cushed your ass out and now we gotta go over here on vacation just me, you and Asa Blade. I remember, I think the first one was for New Years. He all of a sudden was like he was taking the kids somewhere and hold on, like, I got those days off.
Speaker 1: What make you think? Like? I was like, well we're both going.
Speaker 3: Wow, And he was like all right, cool. So we both were together with our two little ones to bring in the new year, and it was kind of awkward in my brain because I was like, Okay, one part of me is like, we're not gonna be together anymore.
Speaker 1: And typically you want.
Speaker 3: To bring the year in with the person that you put print plan to be with, right, and I knew we wasn't gonna be together, So it just was kind of like, Okay, how is this gonna work? But we got along well one and I can do like when it comes to the kids, we're good at, you know, putting the drama to the side and being able to just you know, be there for the kid.
Speaker 2: Todd has been doing these I said, he's coming into his own. He's been doing this like journey with me via social media of like his new single life. Let's take a listen to some of the videos Ted has passed. It just in this post, it just in this last couple months. Let's take a listen. It's cringe as you.
Speaker 1: Get backed out there dating. How young is too young? And is there a age that's too old? So my buddy said, if you're gonna go younger, you gotta go your oldest child's age and had eight years my.
Speaker 2: Daughter Kayla's thirty, so thirty eight is that appropriate?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be fifty three.
Speaker 3: Another friend said it's happy age months up and how old is too old?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm fifty three? Can I go sixty?
Speaker 2: As I'm watching these videos, I'm like, yo, I get it, you're single. To me, this is like the girl who gets out of relationship and it's posting everywhere single single back outside. I had looking for the holes, like it's like, why you don't have to do this? And I think at fifty some years old, I just wouldn't like it. I look at it, and I have no issue with Todd. I've never been one of those people that thought less of him because Candy was the breadwinner or whatever. I actually thought that their marriage and their family was adorable. I loved seeing them together and I love the dynamic they had, because you want to be able to build with your many a person. But when I see these videos, I'm like, oh, the one that he was at the jay Z concert talking about single dad outside he posted a photo and I was like, why just go to the concert, Just go so Riley. TMZ caught up with Riley following her comments to clarify if it is different between them.
Speaker 1: And here is what she had to say. How did save here that you and Todd were not the same? But he still supports me a lot. He texts me even when I have bad episodes.
Speaker 3: He's always like, I'm here for you always.
Speaker 1: But you know, going through divorce is never easy, and you know we all feeling last, that's last. Would you be open to your mom getting married.
Speaker 2: Again in the mere people, Well, in the future, Maybe not now, but maybe in years to come.
Speaker 1: I know you've been through Coby a lot. Anything that makes her happy. Man, divorce is not easy.
Speaker 2: It's one of the things I always say when I see people getting divorced.
Speaker 1: Divorce is not easy.
Speaker 2: And I don't ever want to be in the middle of a divorce like ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, because there's so many people that are like.
Speaker 1: Emotionally attached to the marriage.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to be the person I have to navigate people's feelings in that way and my own feelings at all. Candy talked a little bit about how you know, when everything first happened, she was here in New York on Broadway doing and Juliette, and how she poured herself into work, trying to get through it, the divorce.
Speaker 1: That's tack a listening.
Speaker 3: Around that time, I had got the opportunity to do and Juliette on Broadway, and at first I was kind of like thinking about it, but then I said, I'm going to do it because I knew I was gonna need that to like keep my mind out of being sad.
Speaker 1: And distraught, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I pour into work. And then as as far as people close to me, Don Juan and Carmen, they were definitely people for me to lean on. Yeah, during the time, of course my mom. But at first I didn't want to tell my mom at first because I didn't want to hear.
Speaker 1: All I can say is get off Instagram, Todd, please get off Instagram. I don't know, y'all. Let me know.
Speaker 2: Any recently divorced people, And maybe I feel like this because of his age, but any recently divorced people hit me up, get in the streets, get into sweets, talk to me a bit like they're not on the reality show anymore. They're not on Real Housewives. There's no cameras following. Candy has held it down, She's supported them. He also supports her too. He posted about her wo woman and show that she was doing, congratulated her. Candy just posted him for his birthday, so it seems cordial in the public eye.
Speaker 1: But do y'all feel like this is too much?
Speaker 2: Like sometimes I feel like Kenny Kenny don't have to post it and say every birthday if she doesn't feel like it. And I don't know, she feels like she has to establish it the public that they're good because she's a public figure. And he also doesn't pick us on the journey of your single life. Y'all, let me know what y'all think. I'm Laura de Rosa. This has been another episode of the Latest with Laura Rosa. I tell y'all every single episode, y'all could be anywhere with any obody talking about all of the things, but you choose to be right here with me, my little riders.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. I'll catch you my next one.