Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment presents The Rick Burgers Show with Speedy, Greg Burgess, Eddie Van Adler and Rick Burgers.
Speaker 2: Big Fox Entertainment.
Speaker 3: A right the Rick Burgess Shows on the air. Hey can someone see if Hobie's hiring? Arlington, Texas is there ready to go? Adler Stolen brisket is ready for all five birds? Glencoe, Alabama were ready? How many times does Tommy Cotton Eye Joe's go to Disney World when you got a season past.
Speaker 2: There or something?
Speaker 3: Park Sol Junior High School custodio staff is rolling, can't you Ville, Kentucky ViRGE. I've been up since yesterday morning with no sleep. The toddler will not sleep.
Speaker 4: You and Adler need to connect.
Speaker 3: Peter Parker's ready, Mayor Farm and Lynchburgh says, hey, Robbia.
Speaker 4: Unifirst location one O seven in Birmingham will take all five maun Washington, Kentucky's ready to America.
Speaker 3: Here's the question, man, We hope you are. It's a good time we shall have as we work our way through another shows. Speedy, Greg and Adler are all here and we welcome you coming up next hour. We've had another make Mama smile again winner, and you'll see Dudney in the Gang, and we'll see another person, another mama who has a new smile thanks to Dudney in the Gang, and.
Speaker 4: We'll meet her.
Speaker 3: We'll interview her, the daughter who wrote the letter, I think maybe with her, and so we'll talk to them coming up next hour, so look for that, and then we will recap up yesterday as far as the Mister Lucky part of the are You Ready Tour rehearsal number five yesterday I put some of that out, so did Speedy. You can see some of that if you follow me on Instagram there on the story so you can peer inside. We actually the production crew, which we have a big meeting today. The production crew put up one of the screens for us to just have a look at it.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have some screens now, I mean, if you I mean, look at that right there. Good, And that's just one. That's just that's just one of them. That's the one will be on the stage in the middle. One hundred and ten led screens we will have.
Speaker 4: That's nice. Yeah, So all those.
Speaker 3: Panels will be put together into these probably multiple big screens. So you're gonna get a lot of visual but you know, there's a there's another part of the the Are You Ready Tour, and it's probably the seventy five percent of it, and that will be outrageous, unpredictable comedy and elements from the show that you listen to and watch, but in the theater, a live experience. And today we will have members of the production team watching a couple hours of the show. Then we'll go into the conference room and I will walk through, block by block the entire show and they'll be making notes on what they're going to be providing for you visually, and graphics that need to be made and intro music, and I mean, it's uh, it's real, and I have good news for some of you out there. It is rare that procrastination is rewarded, and it's rare.
Speaker 4: But we here's what. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: This tour costs a lot of money to do, and we certainly don't want to lose money. We're certainly not gonna make any money of any consequence right now. We're looking hoping we can break even at least it pay for itself and be a good promotion. We're trying our best on ticket prices. I know ticket prices now when you get into all these fees and everything gets crazy, everything costs more so. But I will tell you this that as the premium seats are already gone, so that that's good and be paying attention. Like I noticed yesterday Montgomery, I think that the theaters themselves must have some good seats for some of their donors and things like that. They released some of those. Some of also saw those and grabbed them. There's probably about thirty seats that they released, and I know some of them are singles, so that may not interest you, but some of them are together and they're sitting right there. I'm talking about primo seats, so it's not the premium down at the very bottom, but it's that.
Speaker 4: Next section up.
Speaker 3: There's a scattering of some tickets that the theater re released, and they've also they're given you by one get one freeze.
Speaker 4: We're going to get the other theaters to try to do that.
Speaker 3: They've reduced the price of the ticket on the remaining tickets. I've told them, look, just reduce the price wherever we can. So we're working that if you want to go to this show, it's not because you would go if you could afford it. Try to make it as affordable forever. And if we can get some giveaway tickets, we'll try to get those two. So if you want to go to this show, we're going to do everything we can to get you there because I don't want you to miss it, because it's going to be it really is. I mean, we're goofing off by saying, you know, miss the show and regret it for the rest of your life. But I will say this, if you're a fan of the show, it will be a very unique, fun Friday night, which I think we all could use more of those. So anyway, so we'll update you on that today too. And man, I went in there this morning to get me some brisket, and I guess we ate it all yesterday and find it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gave you all heads up yesterday. Hey, heads up, there won't be brisket. I don't think I should even have to give you a heads up there won't be brisket.
Speaker 2: But evidently you know you've heard of there will be blood, you know the movie. There won't be brisket.
Speaker 4: I went on, don't get and he did it last time. Well, don't bring it if you're gonna take it back, right, or just bring what you just bring enough for us.
Speaker 2: I won't bring it. That's a great idea. I won't bring it. I'm wont thankful for whatever you bring.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying, look at me, you're looking look at me, look at it, trying to have you while you got to haul all that back and forth to the house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's in a thing. I cut off the brisket. I put it in a tuper wear.
Speaker 6: Right here, look at me, right here, Move him over here, look at me. Thank you for what you bring.
Speaker 3: But absolutely, all right, absolutely thank you for in this thing. You know, you know yesterday just let him do that to you. I just had I'm trying to help him out. I just had realization yesterday when you took it back to your family that they're more important, I guess, than us.
Speaker 4: That you could say that I would have gotten another helping, You could say that I got I would have got one. I would have got one more helping.
Speaker 6: Now maybe even after the show, we all need a little help sometimes.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, kids love chicken fingers, they do, especially they're shaped like a dinosaur. What is that about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually do too. I'll eat a lot of Really, are they any good? I'm like ten dinosaurs. I don't never, I never.
Speaker 3: I've never eaten one of those real crispy. Oh yeah, I've never. I've never eaten one of those. It's just a chicken finger. But yeah, you've had a chicken.
Speaker 4: Finger this.
Speaker 6: Every time we got nuggets. River finally figured me out. I claim they were dinosaur nuggets, you know, like from a dinosaur, and he doald.
Speaker 4: He was like, wow, can I have some more dinosaurs? Okay, I want to brow.
Speaker 5: He really thought it was man, but hey, he can beat me in checkers, so he got me. I thought about that so much after I found out he's five.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, he could be checkers already.
Speaker 4: I didn't know until we sat down and play.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Of started trash talk to me a little bit too, when he said king me.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you gotta go backwards now. And I forgot about the checkers rule when you take your hand off. It's that I haven't played checkers in twenty years.
Speaker 6: And then when he would jump me, he would look at me like hey, pops, and he would make eye contact me like.
Speaker 4: Make me that's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a challenge of that five year old and checkers next time I see him.
Speaker 6: Then, when I, you know, was getting beat before I did get beat, I was.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, look the foods here. Oh yeah, you know, to beat you?
Speaker 5: And then did you go into the whole, the whole bringing a cracker barrel and all of that.
Speaker 2: And you let him know traditions are important, have a forget it all?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Well we man, we got a lot to do today too.
Speaker 3: Also, we got a programming note today on the Wednesday Bible study.
Speaker 4: I will tell you about that.
Speaker 3: Also, did y'all say what Elon Musk is doing talking about that too?
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. This is the show that the world desperately needs, The week Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with us today. Have you ever thought to yourself, I just had this happen. It happened, Well did it happen?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I guess it was Monday, Yeah, it happened. This week.
Speaker 3: Came back from the weekend and there was someone who said, you know has a company. He said, hey, I want to advertise with the show. I'm a big fan of the show. I hear all these great partnerships people have. I think you guys will give me a lot of response, and I was able to connect him to the people that he needed, you know, to start considering how he would join this show. Well, if you're in the same boat and you're thinking to yourself, I've got a company, I've got a product, and I would love to be part of all the different platforms that you guys have or maybe part of it or something. I want to know what my options are. Okay, Well, all you have to do is go to rick burgesshow dot com. You'll see contact there. Click on that and you'll see the email address and the phone number for syndicated solutions. They're the ones that put together the national campaigns and if that's not what you want to do, you'd rather go with a local campaign. At least they can also connect you to the local sales team in the market that you desire, so you can do it all and they'll help you with that at or you can you know, customize it to what you need. Uh So go to rick burgesshow dot com. Look under contact, I will tell you on the terrestrial network which is there. The main thing they do. They also do the tune in out. There's a lot going on with terrestrial radio right now. A lot of advertisers are realizing, you know, the new stuff was kind of shiny, uh, but the terrestrial radio still delivers better than anything else I've tried. So, but we can do others. You can do other stuff too. But Rick burgesshow dot com and just look under contact or you can email them directly Rick Burgess Show at Syndicated Solutions dot com. So we do have coming up. We've talked about this. We're gonna meet the latest dental makeover uh and make make I'm a smile again. That'll be fun. So we have that coming up Friday. There's going to be a mechanical bull here. Speedy's over there trying to figure out how to how to make all that work. But we'll have that here on Friday. Next week we're on vacation. You'll get to Rick Birger's show replace all five days that we're gone, and then we'll come roaring back Lord Willing that next week. So a couple of things that means. Okay, so today is the Wednesday Bible Study. The Wednesday Bible Study today is on the normal schedule, and there won't be one next week because we'll be on vacation. So today noon central, one o'clock eastern. Now, this time change only affects those of you that catch it live, okay, So if you're a man and you're normally in here with us, or you're someone who watches it live on the YouTube channel, it's usually it has been for eleven years noon central, one o'clock eastern. Two weeks from today, it will move to eleven o'clock central, noon eastern. Okay, so just moving back one hour. That only affects the live option. Okay, the archives still will come out with now it'll come out even earlier because Adam we'll get to work on it an hour earlier. So anyway, so just make that note. It really affects those of you that are here in the room and watch it live. The archive people, your life's not gonna be affected too much about that. So elon Musk, I was, have you have you seen this so ada? You've seen the Odyssey?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I have, yes?
Speaker 4: So I talked to the vision.
Speaker 5: It was visually good, the story had a lot of faults to it, all right, please.
Speaker 4: Which kind of woke also.
Speaker 3: And then I talked to Les Bradford about it yesterday, who'll be here today? And you know it's kind of the tour is the tour manager, the road manager talking to all the theaters for the tour and also works with the Man Church with all of our conferences. So he he said he saw it, one of my sons has seen it, okay, And everybody says the same thing. The trans person is literally on screen three to five minutes, no big deal, and they said the other thing you're gonna have to kind of get past, which seems to bother bother Elon Musk. The most is that Homer clearly said, clearly said that Helen of Troy is a white woman with blue eyes and blonde hair, right, okay, And it's a face that launched a thousand ships, is it?
Speaker 4: Nolan?
Speaker 3: Is that the guy who who's ch Christopher Nolan has put an African American black woman as Helen of Troy and has the trans character. Now there's some other things, but I just want to concentrate on those two. So this is so bothered Elon Musk. And he's called Chris Nolan out and said, you only did this to win awards, that's all you're doing. You're just catering to the Academy to try to win awards. And it has infuriated Elon Musk so much. He is creating AI create Grock is his that his Ai, his AI now making the Odyssey. And he said, I'm going to do an AI version of the Odyssey, and it's going to be exactly from Homer's original work, and it will be accurate everything that he says, because if you're going to do the Odyssey, you ought to do it the way it was written by Homer, period. And so he is so mad, and he's already put a trailer out really art excerpt, not a trailer.
Speaker 4: I guess that's not the way to say it.
Speaker 3: He's already put something out, go and see this is what I've already done. He is going to create the Odyssey completely with AI and completely historical.
Speaker 4: Correct, and it's promised it by the end of the year. It has promised it by the end of the year. How about that. He's furious, and he's really bothered by helling Detroy really bad, really bothers him. Yeah, because he said, that's just completely not what it says.
Speaker 6: Sure you do kind of wonder on the casting part. Taking nothing away from the actress. I'm sure she's very talented, She's been in a lot of stuff. Sure, But why, I mean, well, it's obvious. But if it is blue eyed, blond hair, that's the that's the character, that's the character, then you're going totally opposite of that.
Speaker 3: Well that's what he also said after this, he's going to redo the whiz Greg.
Speaker 4: But what but Greg, what he say is to to speak with a scarecrow? I mean, that's is it opposite day? I mean, it's like, I'm so artistic, watch me. I'm just gonna do what's bothering Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: I think is not that this person says I want to be creative and do my own version of it. He's saying, you're only doing this because the Academy is requiring you to do it if they want to get any awards from them. And that's what infuriates you.
Speaker 4: Why are we bending to this.
Speaker 3: We ought to be able to do the movie, you know, if it's a famous piece like The Odyssey, we ought to be able to do the movie exactly like it was written and not have to apologize for that. And that would apply to things that are written that have you know, people who are cast correctly regardless of ethnicity. There's a lot of things where people should be cast where you wouldn't cast white people, right, So of course don't don't do that.
Speaker 5: So like we wouldn't cast you know, we would cast Hitler as a white guy.
Speaker 2: He was a white guy.
Speaker 4: He was, Oh, they're always going to do that, that's true because that makes white people look bad. But you'll never get in that that. Trust me, Hitler will always be white. Of course he was. That's right, that's why.
Speaker 5: So it was it was the story like, honestly, that casting, it's obvious Nolan did that just for awards. He didn't do it. It didn't seem like he did it because he wanted to. It seemed like he did it so he could win those awards. That that to me bothers me. The casting didn't bother me as much as some of the story choices. Like I mentioned, it's it made Odysseus regret almost the horse. And that's a little bit of a spoiler because it's kind of weird. It's right, right, You're like, that's the whole cunning you won thing. Yes, And then also it didn't it didn't show how much of his pride caused his fall. It was more like things just happened to him, like, uh, well, the pride part of it is so much of why. You know, he stabs the Cyclops and they're free and they're getting away, and he yells back, my name is Odysseus, so he knows, so that the Cyclops knows who he is. The Cyclops then gets his dad, Poseidon, to curse Odysseus on the seas.
Speaker 2: It's because of his pride.
Speaker 5: He was free and clear, but then he had to yell back and tell the Cyclops who he was, and that whole element of his pride causing his fall did not didn't come through as much in this story.
Speaker 2: That bothered me.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anyway, it's the bottom of the hour. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Okay, So for the last few weeks we've been celebrating America Simmy Quinn centennial.
Speaker 4: But here's the question, what parts of America are worth remembering for the next and fifty years now. That's what Frontier Magazine's all about. We got issue six here.
Speaker 3: You talk about a quality magazine, you know, it's more though than a magazine's piece of history you can touch. It's tangible, long lasting. You know, it's it's it's people, it's places, it's traditions, things that make America worth remembering. Now in issue six, fascinating new look at Richard Nixon, Why a younger generation is taking a second look at one of America's most controversial presidents. You explore forgotten corners of the country, rediscover American craftsmanship, and meet the people preserving faith, community, beauty, and tradition and a culture that's constantly moving on to the next thing. You can hang on to this. It's not it can't be covered up in some algorithm or anything like that.
Speaker 4: But you do need to be a Blaze.
Speaker 3: Unlimited member, So go to Blaze Unlimited dot com slash rig as. It's only available to the Blaze Unlimited membership right now. You lock in your subscription before they sell out the first fifty subscribers using the promo code Frontier forty. We'll get forty dollars off and receive a special bonus digital access to front Tier issues one through five so you can complete the story from the very beginning. That's Blaze Unlimited dot Com slash Rick and The promo code is front Tier forty.
Speaker 1: He has known Greg Burgess for his entire life. Upset, Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're back. Thank you for being with us today on a brand new Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 3: So lots to do going forward. And Greg, I understand that you on Elon Musk. I know we had yesterday one of the hilarious things that we didn't get to.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, but I saw it on the Liz.
Speaker 3: Is that Joy Read of all people are saying that she doesn't think that Elon Musk is very smart. Everybody talks about how brilliant he is, and when you hear him talk, he's not very smart.
Speaker 4: Now that's Joy Reid.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's not worth Yeah, Joy, I don't think. I don't think i'd get in an intellectual playoff with Elon Musk. You know, he's quirky because he's you know, in the autism spectrum, but that doesn't mean he's not brilliant.
Speaker 4: So yeah, now Greg's got pretty much has a record that shows that he is pretty smart.
Speaker 2: Pretty catching spaceships with Chop six, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is this the clip that we didn't do Yester com So now remember, don't don't don't look. He's also being lectured about his intellect by Joey Reid, of course, who always comes across as being greg a mental joint.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so here we go.
Speaker 3: You've been spending a decade insisting in telling us Elon Musk is a genius. When you hear him talk, you realize he's actually an idiot.
Speaker 2: That's as far as I've screened.
Speaker 4: You know, you might disagree with his world views, but you're the weirdo. Yeah, I in no doubt.
Speaker 3: And you know, one thing I have noticed is that he's he's super super weird, but he even seems to be learning that some of his weirdness early on, and the way he saw the world was actually dumb involving like gender. You know, at one time he was all in on letting his kids, you know, and he regrets that and the things like this that bother him because it doesn't it doesn't make any logical sense that that Homer clearly wrote this Greek epic about Greeks, and he has descriptions of the characters, and then we decide that we want to be woke, and we're so woke that we can't even do a movie based off of this famous piece of literature that clearly defines who the characters are and where they're from. But that's good enough for us, and that's driving him crazy. Now, Greg also was talking today. Now, keep in mind, even though Joy read it's foolish to say that he's not a genius and it's not intelligent. That's just foolish. But Greg, you have always been concerned that he is from possibly another planet.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, I'm not going to say too much about that because I don't want them coming after me. Right, And you said if you see him shirtless, yeah, it's it's extremely pale, which I'm pale. Yeah, but and he's just got this it's like he's got a skin, so he's stretched it over. Right, He doesn't. He does not look like a real human. No, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you know that was a bad run there.
Speaker 5: I think he got on a zempic or something after that, because he's trimmed down side views really Yeah, he's got that high, high chest thing going on. Yeah, almost like there's a person inside driving his suit.
Speaker 3: As you said, Greg, there are some people you know that that are so so white, they're almost transparent, translucent.
Speaker 4: Shot and no we don't. None of us want that shot. No, no, saying possibly could that be a skin suit? Possibly?
Speaker 2: Some people are saying, uh.
Speaker 5: Somebody wrote on X I wish Elon would give mel Gibson one hundred million dollars so that he could make a historically accurate Odyssey, and Elon did comment, I'm down.
Speaker 2: So maybe maybe Elon will give this quote I'm down. I'm down.
Speaker 5: Yes, so maybe he'll give mel Gibson one hundred million dollars and we'll get another odyssey as well.
Speaker 2: I don't know, or just let Ai do it.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine though, that somebody comes to you just you angle believe he called you out and thinks that you're you're an idiot, doesn't think you're a genius who joy read joy reaching. Oh wow, yeah, right right, so now, okay, I was, I was, I was just about to be concerned about.
Speaker 6: That for a second. I was, hey, and he might have done this. But if I'm the wealthiest man in the world, I probably hire a private nutritionist. I can tell you that you're right.
Speaker 4: You're right, and wake me up every day and make sure and then my trainer would come in right after. Oh yeah, by the way, when I just saw that side view. I didn't know. I didn't know that Elon Musk on the side is getting the extra money as an.
Speaker 2: Umpire It's umpire body, It's umpire body.
Speaker 5: It's umpire body, the.
Speaker 4: Big Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh but so and speaking of Mel Gibson, and it's not till May of next year, but apparently he has finished the follow up to the Passion of the Christ and this is from the Resurrection on correct.
Speaker 4: That's what I saw?
Speaker 3: Think so yeah, And I and I saw a people talking about who worked on the film that Mel Gibson warned all of them, if you decide to be part of this, you're going to get attacked demonically. There's gonna be spiritual warfare like you've never experienced. So uh and I saw where tickets are like already on sale and it doesn't come out till next May. Right, That's that's it seems a so is it called the Resurrection?
Speaker 4: Is that what it's called? It is?
Speaker 3: But he but he did finish that nothing and apparently it's done. Uh so see I literally got a link go ahead and buy your tickets to it.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, okay, wow, that in front of it aren't they yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Yes, the Resurrection of the Christ.
Speaker 4: There you go, part one, Oh, okay.
Speaker 5: And it's coming out March twenty six, twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Where did I see May? I saw May seventh, So I guess so it is coming out quicker than that.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just I'm just trying to find it on the fly here. Sure, that's what Wikipedia says.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I don't know why I got a link about May.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't even Maybe there's gonna be special. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's a it's a second installment in a trilogy, so you could call it the trilogy the Passion of the Christ, the Resurrection of the Christ Part one, and then I guess.
Speaker 4: Part two is coming right, So, so I know you don't know this at this is me just talking out loud?
Speaker 3: Does anybody? And we can find this? How far does Mail Gibson go? So Jesus has resurrected, so he'll go and appear to the to the disciples, and then I wonder.
Speaker 4: How far we go do we go?
Speaker 3: The forty days that he prepares them, you know, for his ascension and what they'll be doing next.
Speaker 5: And speaking of ascension in the same Wikipedia article. It says it will be released on Ascension Day, May sixth.
Speaker 4: There's the one I saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's it was previously scheduled for March twenty.
Speaker 4: Six got it? Okay, So that down all that makes sense? Now?
Speaker 3: So so I mean, does it go all the way to Pentecost? And that it stops? Since it's part one? That that that tends to tell me? Would part two be? So maybe this isn't going all the way to Pentecost if they got to do a part two, you know, maybe this one is only he has risen in and what happens in the garden and you know, him appearing to them, you know, when he walks through the wall and they're you know, Thomas wanting touch that it is really him.
Speaker 4: You know. I just don't know how far this one goes. Did y'all give the part two date? Uh?
Speaker 6: It's May twenty fifth, twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Wow, so they've.
Speaker 6: Already done okay, okay, wow, both by him and Lionsgate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so someone's I think wrong on text they said the second part comes out forty days later.
Speaker 6: I don't think so that's according to this overview that I'm reading. But they might know more.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, no, you're right speedy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so ay twenty fifth twenty twenty eight is what I see as well.
Speaker 3: All right, well, I was just going to have subtitles, is it again? I knew out what it is. I'm gonna say this, and I know this is not going to be popular.
Speaker 4: I agree with Greg.
Speaker 3: It would be alright with me if we wouldn't do subtitles this time, if we could just.
Speaker 4: Get they weren't speaking English. I know, I know that.
Speaker 3: I want you to do what they used to do in the old Westerns and let the Indians talk normal.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like when I always saw what I deal with every time. When you deal with some of these kind of really really radical King James version people, when they're like you need to be preaching out of the original texts, I'm like, well, I don't Greek. I don't speak Greek or Hebrew. But if you'd like for me too, I guess I could learn Hebrew and Greek. Right, Yeah, what Wait a minute. The Bible wasn't originally written in English. No, it wasn't, of course, King James. Nothing wrong with that version. I'm just saying, but wow, you had some issues you ever you ever studied O. King James had some issues.
Speaker 6: M it's saying the Resurrection of the Christ part one, the entire timeline and and and all that is kept has been kept nobody else.
Speaker 3: No, we don't know how far it goes, right, So are we going to be in so they are going to speak the language and we get subtitles.
Speaker 4: Can you does that? Sure?
Speaker 2: It's got to be.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't change it you right, Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, they're they're only have have the release.
Speaker 3: I mean there is they're not a whole lot there and that's right, that's and that's fine. It's a little far away, that's fine. Just to be quite right, there's things we don't know yet. Okay, just wait the uh the other but can you remember the first time you saw the passion of the Christ? Hey, hey, canna and tents very intense. I remember witnessing to people that were like standing around like in a daze. So but anyway, so I know it'll be well done. Uh and uh so we'll we'll see.
Speaker 4: And it will come under attack and all that. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Initially they were going to have the visl as Jesus again and pick up where they're left off. But the cost of of the c G I that would take to make him look just like they picked up where they left off.
Speaker 2: Uh, they ended up recasting Jesus.
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, from what I'm understanding.
Speaker 4: Interesting, all right, we'll be back here.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show doing what he was born to do, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with us today, America. As we move forward, so we will, we'll meet the latest dent'll makeover mom, make mom smile again winter, We'll do that next hour. So look forward to that Wednesday, Bible study back today, vacation next week. Uh, so we'll talk more about that as we move forward. We also, you know, I keep hearing this from from a lot of people, that that the that heavy Chase is a jerk, and that that he's he's undesirable. And if you're ever I talked to, even if you paid to see him, Yeah, did the Christmas Yeah, where they come out there and he's supposed to come out and answer questions behind the scenes. And I talked to a friend of mine that now he'll go to an event no matter how sad a band or a person becomes he'll still go there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 3: And he went to the Christmas vacation thing, and he said that chevy Chase was nothing but a complete jerk.
Speaker 4: He said it was a sad event, right yeah, oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And so for some reason, he's in the headlines today for not being nice to Billy Joe's ex wife.
Speaker 4: I mean, what what kind of yeah, what kind of headlines?
Speaker 3: Billy Joe's ex wife has called out chevy Chase for being not so nice during an old school keg party.
Speaker 4: Now, what is this an old school it?
Speaker 3: Said that the incident was addressed in a recent episode of Wait for It podcast.
Speaker 4: She just wants all on the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she said it happened okay in the past. It happened when she was married to Billy Joel Yeah, and said they were married. All thought, yes before before we turn our nose up at this relationship. They were married five whole years, okay, from two thousand and four to two thousand and nine. Said I ran into Chevy Chase. I was having a party with my ex husband. It was like an old school keg party. I wanted to have that. I thought it would be fun. We had a house where we were were going to tear down. It was like a little sugar shet.
Speaker 4: We called it.
Speaker 3: Very fun summer there, staying with friends. By the end of the summer we had we had to kind of let's tear this house down party blah blah ba star studded uh and I was talking to Chevy Chase and my ex husband Billy Joel was there. I had a tray of jello shots. I went up with the trev jello shots and said, do you want a shot? And he thought that I was part of the staff at the party, and he took his hand and he showed me away, just a shooing motion with his hands, Please get away from me.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, but but this goes to a bigger topic that I keep hearing, Like I even saw I think it's a documentary Have you seen this yet where somebody tries to interview him like in his current state, and he's like really rude and mean to the interviewer, you know, like you know you're not smart enough to understand me. I think I'm paraphrasing, but it was a statement like that, I don't pretend for you to try to figure out who I am in this interview because you're not capable of doing it and stuff like that. Wow, yeah, I saw it. I hear yeah, some from years ago, some current. I think pretty much because of this, this is what's really going to hurt us. I think Chevy Chase has been a jerk most of his life and I was, and then as he become a cranky old man, it's just getting work that kind of.
Speaker 4: We all wanted him to be flinch. We wanted him to be flat. Yes, yes, we love Flet. Who don't love Flet? How can that guy be a jerk? You ever you ever had?
Speaker 3: You ever had the people that were on What was a Community about the by the way, is an underrated sitcom, By the way, Community is funny stint where washing it's about the community college, like the life of a community college, people going to community college, people working in community and and Chevy Chase's character can be quite funny in it. But but that everybody who worked with him, it was impossible, and eventually they can't. They kicked him off the show because nobody want to work with him.
Speaker 4: Really wish I didn't know all that.
Speaker 2: So, Yeah, what's his name, Childish Gambino.
Speaker 5: He's a rapper. I forget his real name, but he's on community. Uh, and he said that it was horrible working with him, and then uh, I lost a track of commun after the big Paintball War episode, which was very.
Speaker 2: Good, but for some reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't remember when I have what I was doing.
Speaker 3: I think I watched it, Like I said, it was in the archives and there was that the main actor on there. I've seen him talk about working with Chevy Chase and it was just like, it's a funny, pretty funny comedian.
Speaker 4: But I can't think it was his name right now. But they have no audio? Is it? Can we play that? Okay?
Speaker 3: Well you saw what it said though the words underneath. He told the interviewer that there's no way you're going to pull off understanding me and trying to figure out who I am, because you're not bright.
Speaker 4: Enough to do it. And did I see I'm very complex? He says yeah. And did he say I get hurt easily or something? How about this?
Speaker 3: I think chevy Chase is trying to act like he's deep and everything, when really, at the end of the day, you're just a jerk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about that, You're not You're not deep?
Speaker 6: That's my favorite when somebody says, well, that's just the way he is. Well, yeah, he's a jerk.
Speaker 4: Hey, don't be up that.
Speaker 6: That's not that's not an excuse to being a jerk just because it's who you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a jerk, right, So that's just how he is.
Speaker 3: Right, So he's not so amazing I feel about him on that right, I don't like him. So you're saying every time I wit Chevy Chase, this is what I'm going to get. Yeah, man, that's why I don't like him. I fully understand. That's just the way he is. That's my problem. So well that he does kind of that hurts.
Speaker 5: It does hurt because he was so hilarious as a guy that's like struggling at his wits end, almost losing it. Turns out he kind of it was kind of almost he's almost always losing it all the time.
Speaker 2: He actually is that guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, And somebody's saying, well, sometimes that's what makes these people funny. Do we really think Robin Williams would have been as funny? This is from textanation if he had been saying, well, he was irritating there it is.
Speaker 4: I can't bring up Robin Williams. That Greg, he gets out the spear and he tosses it. Yeah, Greg, why don't.
Speaker 3: You let I like him in movies? But I don't like to stand up and I hate his interviews? Oh my goodness. Okay, Greg's okay. Now that he's gone, you can you can just let that go.
Speaker 4: Greg.
Speaker 3: I think I have you right on Robin Williams. You really only enjoyed Robin Williams as an actor. I know you said interviews, but I'm going further. I don't think that you liked him getting interviewed. You've established that, but I don't think you liked his stand up either. I think you liked him as actor actor only.
Speaker 4: That's it. Okay, you're right, yeah, yeah, you never found him funny and stand up? No, didn't. Silly? Okay, so too much. I'm saying same thing he didn't. I'm going to go further. He would do his act interview.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm going to go further what some people refer to as comedic comedic genius you find to be the issue with him in that situation, yes, because they never said, you know, he also fell into this bless it's heart. This is on him people expected that from him. Him riffing, so every time he did an interview, he thought he had to do it. You know, he got into that. That's what you ever seen the time it was some globe, Golden globe or something that Jack Nicholson's had too much to drink, and he gets up there and basically says, I'm gonna hand it off to Robin Williams.
Speaker 4: Don't ever watch that one.
Speaker 3: He takes over the entire ward show and you can tell it's kind time for them to move on, and he's done it. He's rifted enough and he just continues riffing.
Speaker 4: Well, I won't stop whatever you do, don't do that. So the movie, that's the part that Jack Nixon turned over to him because he'd had to much drink. Do you like the movie r V with Robin? I've never seen that. It's pretty funny. It's just all right.
Speaker 6: I don't mind him. How about Bird Cage with Nathan Now, I haven't seen that is.
Speaker 2: I liked him as the Genie and Aladdin boy.
Speaker 4: What about the World According to Garp, you remember that one? I do.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it a long time ago, but you like him in more of a serious roles like with Goodwill hunting, what was.
Speaker 4: The doctor awaken? Or something with with Darrow.
Speaker 2: Adams?
Speaker 4: Is good? Is it?
Speaker 1: Here's the rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: All right, let's put our hands together for a brand new hour.
Speaker 9: Welcome here, look studios, Comment Serial, Real World, The gang's all here, Speedy, Greg and Adler.
Speaker 4: Let's get ready, Nick.
Speaker 2: Boy, some reason.
Speaker 4: You're come to question. Are you ready to go? Let me hear it back from you? All right, So here we go.
Speaker 3: Our number is eight eight eight, the number six big vox.
Speaker 4: That's eight eight eight six two four four eight sixty nine. You can text any time on that number. We'll give you opportunities on unscreened phone calls coming up. Got a hay burd.
Speaker 3: It's gonna ask an uncomfortable question of the staff. And then we're about to get Dudney in the gang on the mic. Team Dudney is here, Our winner is here. Make mam a smile again. We're gonna meet her, meet her daughter. Uh, and then we're gonna meet a new member of Team Dudney.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So all that is all that's coming up, starting starting next segment, Speedy, I'm gonna ask Greg a follow up from last hour. And you're gonna have an urge to stop me. And so is it gonna be uncomfortable? Everybody in here doesn't have anything to do with them. Now, I'm just saying just the question. It's gonna it's gonna make you uncomfortable. Oh okay, Uh, And Adler is gonna beg for the truth. You're gonna ask Greg not to comment? Uh, And then I probably should have something else to do because I think you're gonna somebody don't take the nation is asking an uncomfortable question about somebody.
Speaker 4: That we love.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I say that, yeah, based on Greg's doesn't find Robin Williams as a comedian desirable because of his constant riffing, which is what some people love. It's what Greg doesn't like. They're saying, does it does Caliendo rift too much for you?
Speaker 4: Okay? He just thinks. I'm saying Robin Williams was just all over the road, right, Frank's doing impressions of people. Okay, So as he does it, you go, oh that's so, and so that's different. I got you, Okay. The other was just chaos. Okay.
Speaker 3: So, and you're saying to the fact that with some of his name. He's not the most talkative golf air. But you know, see that's what you didn't have to.
Speaker 2: Add that part.
Speaker 10: Greg.
Speaker 2: You could have left that part out, buddy.
Speaker 4: Right now. He No, it doesn't bother me, right, Can you what I'm saying, because I'll send Morgan Freeman's in there. That's funny.
Speaker 3: Bottom line is you're a big He's funnier than Robin Williams. Yeah, yes, okay.
Speaker 5: Can I say that when Kellyando had what was it Frank TV, that show or whatever, Yeah, I would see commercials for that.
Speaker 2: This is what I was.
Speaker 4: I was a kid.
Speaker 2: I I didn't think I was like, I didn't. I didn't. I didn't think that was for me. And I wasn't.
Speaker 5: I wasn't early a Frank fan. But now I came on the show. He came on the show. I got to know the guy, and he hung hung on the show for hours at a time at times some days. Yes, and I'm now a Frank fan much more so than I was before I knew him, if that helps anybody.
Speaker 2: Of course, Greg had a bad experience.
Speaker 4: No I'm kidding about that.
Speaker 3: But the point is just make Speedy nervous, right, But he is extremely talented and he is one of the best impressionists.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've heard, so that helped.
Speaker 3: And when he does Robin Williams, he makes fun of the riffing exactly when he does the impression. Yeah, so that I think that won you over to him as well.
Speaker 6: You know, even we talked and we I've never seen his stand up, but we talked to him years ago about in his stand up he kind of wanted to transition from just constantly doing impressions to really being more of himself and then maybe doing some of that.
Speaker 3: You know, so I have helped you a little bit. I haven't seen I don't have a problem at all with him. I haven't seen him since then he doing more of that. But when I saw Frank like when he was you know, pure impressions, hilarious, very funny and and and clever and does the way he works them in and has different people talking to each other in weird situations is pretty funny. I saw the think puppet Guy's funny. Who just done him? See, I didn't ask for that.
Speaker 2: He wasn't even in this conversation door.
Speaker 4: That door wasn't even open't even bring that. I don't know that people that I didn't open that right, Okay, is this a moment we're gonna talk about who he thinks funny? He was?
Speaker 6: Okay, is it really because you're one of his his buddies?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 4: What's what's the one that everybody said it looked like Biden?
Speaker 2: What was?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, Walter Walter?
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, there's Walter that does look like Biden.
Speaker 4: Maybe I need to give another chance. It's been a while. Okay, I'll do that.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, I get I'm with you.
Speaker 12: Greg.
Speaker 3: Here, here's an idea. Let's not have anything to say about reoccurring guests.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, yeah, you know you I saw Andy Andrews. Greg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's just run the list.
Speaker 2: Greg.
Speaker 3: You want to say something about Zach Brown? Fine, will never see me? Yes, yeah, but reoccurring people I like to see you.
Speaker 4: Hold up. Yeah, it's been a while since.
Speaker 6: And I'm not saying everything's funny, speedy com that's idiot, that person is stupid. But I'm just saying I like Frank and Frank's he's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, and like I said, as far as impressions, he's outstanding.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We we may be in trouble here, guys thinks about so far, Like when I heard that Lettuce was dangerous, I never felt more safe. I was like, and I saw it happen, And I can't believe that I brought up Less Bradford twice on the show. Now I could not believe what I saw him do yesterday. Is this happening at restaurants. We sat down and have lunch together after practice yesterday with rehearsal five of Mister Lucky, and I sat down with him. We're talking about getting ready for the tour coming up in the fall. And in the in the in the server comes over and he says, I'm about to order a salad.
Speaker 4: Is it safe? And I said, is it safe? She goes, no, it's actually you know, we're taking a chance, we're serving it. We're going to do our best. We're going to do our best to give you our parasite salad safe.
Speaker 3: And she goes yeah. He goes, you know you have to go around asking that. Now, I go, now, you really don't. I really wish you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: She thinks that they're all selling salads about I said, it's not that they've banned salad, right, salads And here's the thing. I don't care.
Speaker 3: If today someone said no more salad, I would go fine. I wouldn't even care. But now we got this on order one. Hey we got we got problems. Now more than twelve thousand pounds of bacon.
Speaker 4: Now we got it's getting serious. Now we got problems. I'll start crying.
Speaker 3: Recalled after USDA issued high risk alert.
Speaker 4: Hey, we better do something. How about this? What's going on with our food? Kid?
Speaker 3: It's like we can't get food right. It's like if you have an allergy at the factory. Now we can't keep things separated. We we we we compromise, you know something, by letting the peanuts mix with mixed with something else. We can't do We every time I turn around with some food alert, have we just lost the ability to have save food anymore? It seems like we should be past that.
Speaker 4: We're better fix this bacon thing, sitting and bacon when it's own.
Speaker 3: God, this is the not ready to eat bacon sold in three states from Maple Leaf Foods Incorporated. They're located out of Illinois. Whether they have put it on the package, we're safe, We're safe. What retailers now, some of you out there aren't. If you live in Idaho, Oregon or Washington, you got problems.
Speaker 4: I feel good. Oh okay, we're good. So you're those that are watching list so you don't care.
Speaker 3: And I know we have listeners in Idaho because they told me I need to move there during the summer. So Idaho, Oregon, Washington, be careful, y'all. Maple leaf foods. It was recalled because it was imported from well here, they are trying to get us. Who gets bacon. I know they have a Canadian bacon, but it's not really bacon. This came from Canada, and them Canadians, we're not sure.
Speaker 4: They don't. They don't screen it like we do.
Speaker 3: And so there's a there's a required us import inspection. The USDA started in it's twenty July twenty fourth alert. This was a routine inspection of this of this bacon, and they found out it is a hell hazard situation where there is reasonable probability that the use of this product will cause serious adverse health consequences are even unlike explosive diarrhea, death death pork.
Speaker 4: If it's bad, it'll kill you. Think about this. You don't want bad pork. You got bacon. You gotta let us them two are off the board. Look out, Tomatos, it's coming in trouble. That won't bother you thought. We're watching don't like them. We're watching the BLT come apart before I very eyes. Oh yeah, the BLT is about to be ripped right off the menu. You know, I mean BLTs.
Speaker 3: I've had my entire life, maybe three I've had a bee just bacon. I don't know you had a b b saying you've been around those people if if there's a bl too anywhere and they love them talking about it right, and.
Speaker 6: They have the people that like their bacon when it's like not really cooked.
Speaker 4: No, I won't mind crispy. I don't like that when I want mind crunchy. I had to agree with Gary at the golf tournament that bacon needed to stay on the griddle a little bit. What she hadn't told the people that had been slaving all night to fix it? Yeah he did. Yeah, Okay, there's a pity. It wasn't good.
Speaker 3: You're sitting there and we're we're sitting down for breakfast. Okay, we've got our eggs, okay, which I'm sure there's issues without it to sometime and we've got our grits, we've got we've got our biscuit. And the person walks out with the bacon and you're like, man, the bacon, it's cooked just like you want it. Somebody says, now, there's a chance this came from maple leaf?
Speaker 4: Would you eat it? Yes? I knew it. I chance it. Yeah, I go, it's probably okay. You know what I would think? Sure that we fried it out of it. That's what I'm saying. We cooked them manure that would be undercooked, like Speedy's talking about. That's the ones that are gonna get the undercooking.
Speaker 2: Y'all ever do bacon in the oven?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: I have not.
Speaker 2: I've been trying recently.
Speaker 4: The bacons.
Speaker 2: There's thick can It works, but it's not. It's not as good though, wis not.
Speaker 4: It's not designed easier.
Speaker 1: This is the rick Burgers show their parents bected them to get a wheel job. The rick Burgers shows.
Speaker 4: True that we're back. Thanks for being with us America, are you? And look? You think birds can't relate to this. I know what it's like. I know the struggle.
Speaker 3: I know the struggle trying to lose weight, keep it all putting it back on, fad diet.
Speaker 4: Hey, it worked for a little while.
Speaker 3: A GLP shot, all this kind of stuff. Well, let me tell you. If you are out there and you're like birds, I just I don't know, man, I don't know. I don't know what's going to be the future with these shots. They're expensive. I don't really like taking an injection, and I don't think that's for me. Well, you know what, here's the thing. If you're taking weight and you're taking it off and you're putting it back on, and you're on some sort of fad thing that if you stop doing that, you know that it's just gonna come right back on and your health is going to be in danger. Why don't you think about maybe something that you could do for the rest of your life. So here's kind of a natural option from our friends at brick House Nutrition, the same people that brought us the wonderful field of greens which I take every day and love. Right now, they have something called tate Lean. It's Tateleen dot com.
Speaker 2: Go there.
Speaker 3: This is a natural product. It will help you with cravings and appetite naturally. It will naturally get you a healthy blood sugar but it also will give you energy without using something like a diet pill or something like that. The energy comes from what you're hoping to accomplish, and that's your body getting in the fat burning mode. So it's burning fat for energy and with your nutrition and your exercise, you can do this for the rest of your life. So if you'd like to find out more about it's this all natural product, we'll get you twenty percent off with the code big Vox. Just go to Taitlean dot com. Got some free rush shipping available for you too, or look for the link at Rick burgesshow dot com under sponsors. Well, we are making Mama smile again. Doctor Thomas Dudney is here. Christy is here from Team Dudney in this fun yeh?
Speaker 13: Is this?
Speaker 14: You didn't know Christy was here though, No, No, she.
Speaker 3: Came in wide open. I almost took the coffee away from me, you know. But so we have the latest dental makeover, make Mama smile again. Misty Hester and her daughter Emory are here. Dudney does this Christy too. You guys work with these people. Just ever get old?
Speaker 14: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's new every time, isn't it every time?
Speaker 14: But they're all fun.
Speaker 3: So talk to me about working with Misty. What were we dealing with him? We've got them before and after picture.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, unlike a lot of these cases that are really staggering, you go, oh what happened there?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 8: Mostly it was a color issue. Uh, you know, the darker teeth. We talked about that a lot on the show. A couple of teeth out of alignment, you know.
Speaker 4: Size.
Speaker 8: So I don't know if I've ever said this as many times as we've been on together, but if for for your audience, there are four things that make your smile attractive size, shape, position, and color. So the size and shape of your teeth is important, The color is very important, and then the position position is what orthodox do they get t straight?
Speaker 4: So if you have those.
Speaker 14: Four things right, you're gonna have a pretty smile. So there was a couple of.
Speaker 8: Size and shape issues positions, but the big one with Missy of those four was the color. So when you have a great color, you're gonna have a You're gonna have pretty smile if the size and shape and position is good. That's why orthodonox. If if you go to orthodonox and your teeth good size and shape and color. They're gonna get them straight, you're gonna have a great smile. But doesn't always happen.
Speaker 4: We're looking right now. Look at those before and after pictures they were showing those. Those those look great. Uh.
Speaker 8: And that's the beautiful Porslavoneir because you can literally control all four of those areas. And so that's what we that's what we tried to accomplish when we're doing this.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 8: And usually you're gonna end up. And then of course obviously working with a good labe. When when you're talking about an indirect restoration like a porcelamoneir, it's the laboratories as a vital role. So having a good laboratory like we do. Gary Vaughan and yes, Christy, Yeah he's in they're in Sacramento, California, and he does We worked. Yeah, I've worked with Gary for over twenty years. He's an awesome, awesome seramis very talented and it's it's a team.
Speaker 14: It's teamwork.
Speaker 4: Before. They really are artists, aren't they?
Speaker 14: Yes they are they are indeed, and there she see it.
Speaker 4: There's Misty.
Speaker 3: So Misty, let's hear from you. How has this affected you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 11: It's been life changing, from not wanting to smile to smiling and then people's well, let me see your team. Yes, yes, he's definitely been wonderful. I'm so thankful.
Speaker 4: So we we have.
Speaker 3: You know, your daughter Maddie actually wrote the letter. She actually studying to be a nurse. So she has a big uh schedule today of getting that certification, which you think she is about to get, right, she's almost done. Congratulations to her and you and so Emory is here, Emory you as a daughter, have you have.
Speaker 4: You seen a little little change with mama? Mm hm, so, so tell us about that.
Speaker 12: She definitely smiles a lot more now.
Speaker 4: She smiles a lot more now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so and when you how did you find out? You that she won?
Speaker 15: She woke me up in the morning.
Speaker 4: Mister did could you believe it? Did you? I mean, when you when you were trying to win?
Speaker 11: Hey, my Facebook friend showed out, they shared and they voted in my family, they really and I felt the love, but then I kind of felt hurt, like were my teeth that jacked up?
Speaker 8: That they well you really need to win?
Speaker 2: Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 4: You know what that's on?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they did a good job. Your family did a great job.
Speaker 3: When you heard the letter from your daughter, how that feel it?
Speaker 11: It was very emotional. She's she's tried several times before and then this time was the time that it was just my time.
Speaker 4: And how about working with team? Doesn't he wonderful people?
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness, it's not a nnis visits a pep rally?
Speaker 14: Where she got that?
Speaker 3: We keep trying to the only thing that Christian he's missing as an extra cheerleader uniform.
Speaker 4: I wasn't even a cheerleader, you know what. You would have been a great Yeah, So you have to have fun in life, yes, yes, but.
Speaker 3: You know, and you guys do such a good job encouraging you know, because when you do this, you know it is you're kind.
Speaker 15: Of got a great experience sometimes to be in office.
Speaker 11: And I had my share of thing accidents that happened with broken temporaries. Yeah, sickness when and at the worst possible time that was more to fined.
Speaker 4: But bless your heart, well, your smile looks beautiful.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Congratulations hearing me. You and Maddie did.
Speaker 3: Such a good job as daughters taking care of mom and Christie. Of course, Doctor Dunney You guys did a great job as always.
Speaker 4: We love these before and afters, and we come back. We're going to meet a new member of Team Dunney. Oh yeah, you got a new member of Team Dunney coming up to hanging there right.
Speaker 14: Let're excited.
Speaker 1: This is the Burgers Show. No back to the show that makes you feel better about yourself, The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 4: We're back. Thanks for being with us America. You know the number eight eight eight, the number big box and then are eight eight eight six two four four eight sixty nine. So you can email us also by going to rickburgesshow dot com. Just click on the team everybody's email addressed, their their Instagram, their ex account, all that, so you can do that.
Speaker 3: We got a lot more to do on the program today, so we met Misty Hester the latest Make Mama Smile again.
Speaker 4: What a wonderful before and after. She looks great. She's smiling big.
Speaker 3: But we also wanted to talk to Team Dudney about a new member of the team that is coming on board. Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for doctor Bethanie Swanson.
Speaker 4: Welcome the team.
Speaker 15: Done, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: So uh are you able to keep up with Christie's pep are you packing?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I mean she claims she wasn't a former cheerleader, but as a former cheerleader, I feel like I can recognize a fellow member.
Speaker 3: And she told me, if you know, what if if Christie can't fire you up, and you just can't be fired here.
Speaker 8: In fairness, Christie was a major atte so she like twelve of the time, so she was out on the field. She just you know, and she I'm sure the football players can all hear her cheering.
Speaker 4: Can you still do a little bit?
Speaker 7: So, uh, you should see where those dental instruments never asked for anything?
Speaker 4: Right, So uh well let me dog.
Speaker 3: Let me let me say, first of all, thank you for your service to our country. So four years Air Force? Yes, correct, Yeah, so thank you for that. And you were telling men like when when you're training to be a dentist, I mean it is grueling.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I say this a lot.
Speaker 8: You know, I liked her, and I I'll be in front of a room full of dentists and I say all the time, dentistry is difficult work. You got to love what you're doing. Uh, it's mentally and physically stressful and training to be a dentist is not an easy thing. A lot of people get into it because it's a lifelong thing. Some people like me kind of stumble into it. But your whatever your reason. Dentistry is not easy, but it is very rewarding, and it can be extremely rewarding. It's one of the reasons why I love patients like Misty and love doing stuff like that, because aesthetics can be extremely rewarding. But all aspects of dentistry are great, and it's come a long way. We talk about this on the show all the time, how far dentistry has come and how much better it is, and how much people. You know, the fear of going to the dentist is it'll never go away. But it's not nearly as bad as it was.
Speaker 4: It really is what what what drew you to dentistry?
Speaker 7: Honestly, kind of like doctor Dunneys story, I kind of stumbled into it. Originally I wanted to go into medicine. I knew I wanted to do healthcare. I wanted to help people. But really, my dad the whole entire time, he's like, you should just be a dentist, and I was like, no, I was like, that's so boring, Like I don't know if I could be a dentist. He goes, yeah, but everyone there is so happy and cheerful.
Speaker 15: There's music, you just lay there, you get your teeth clean. And I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 7: He goes, He's like, I've never seen a mad dentist.
Speaker 15: He's like, everyone there, my high dentist.
Speaker 14: You're all happy.
Speaker 15: And so after having my fair share at the hospital.
Speaker 7: Studying, I was like, you know what, maybe my dad's right. So that's how I kind of found dentistry.
Speaker 3: So I know that you certainly didn't stay to the whole time, but you spent some time at the University of Arizona.
Speaker 17: I did.
Speaker 4: So where are you from though?
Speaker 7: So I'm originally from Peoria, Arizona, which is about the northwest side of Phoenix, so it's about two and a half hours from Tucson, Arizona.
Speaker 3: Where you Okay? So that is I was going to ask then, so your transition. We are not a dry heat.
Speaker 15: You guys are not.
Speaker 4: It is a wet, tropical humid, yes.
Speaker 15: But it does great things for the skin.
Speaker 11: It is.
Speaker 7: So I think i've you know, had to reduce one of my moisturizers just being here, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we got all the moisture you can stand.
Speaker 15: I know it does great and the volume in your hair.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we shouldn't complain about who madity. There's actually not things.
Speaker 15: That I hope I'm reverse aging here.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you you already are look really really young. When people walk down a bet, they're like, yeah, do you get that right now?
Speaker 15: All the time.
Speaker 7: And then I think people are surprised when they hear that I have a ten year old and I have three kids like a former life before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so how old are your kids?
Speaker 7: So I have a ten year old, a five year old, and almost two year old, all girls.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay girl. And your husband also was in the Air Force.
Speaker 15: He was special for that's correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so he is in a house with four females.
Speaker 15: Yes he is. And our dogs are two girls. So but the fish is.
Speaker 8: A boy, got a buddy yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So, so what was it that drew you to to come to work here in Alabama with Dudney?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 15: The people?
Speaker 7: So growing up in Arizona, my husband and I both being military, we got to experience different locations, living in different places, and that's when we really kind of realized, you know what, when I get out, when I'm done with my time, that I didn't want to stay in Arizona. It was just getting really big for our family. We kind of want to just step back, have a little bit more quality family life, sense of community and especially dentistry has just really changed. I wanted to go back to that small town feel where you know, you're dentists, you're the community, local dnnists. You can treat the kids, the ants, the brothers, and so that's really what I was looking for.
Speaker 4: Have you have you dealt with Speedy yet.
Speaker 15: Just this morning?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Dramatic.
Speaker 14: You know, we are proud of you for that.
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 3: So doesn't he talk to me about, you know, the obvious advantage of bringing her on the day.
Speaker 14: Gosh, it's been so great.
Speaker 8: I was kind of hoping she said she came to Alabama because she'd heard about me, But no, that would that would have.
Speaker 14: Been the truth.
Speaker 8: But you know, so in the state of Alabama, you're not a dentist. Hygienists cannot see patients unless the dentist is physically in the building. So having another dentist there if you're out of the office. I was out of the office yesterday and Monday, and having her there hygenis can work. We like just talking, you know, when you have somebody you can talk about cases with and things like that, it's a huge advantage. And I love picking her brain and hopefully i'll you know, you know, they say experience is a great teacher, you know, so I've got a lot of experience. I've been around a while. But hopefully, you know, I can share some things. And my biggest thing is, you know, every basic of make mistakes, learn from that mistake and don't keep making try not to make them again. So that's what I hope that I can share with her. What's some things that I found that I've done that I wish if I had a chance to do it over, I'd do it differently and maybe help some a younger dentist like that. But we're constantly trying to, you know, improve on what we do, our delivery of care and all that, all those things. But having another person there is tremendously invaluable. And for the paint plus she does a lot of procedures I don't do well.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask that I can pardon my ignorance on that. But in your training, what are some of the things you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, well I'm talking about root canals and plants surgery.
Speaker 14: She can take teeth out. She's a very skilled surgeon, can take teeth out. These are things that.
Speaker 8: I now, maybe early on when I started, you know, a million years ago, I did some of those things, but not over the years, I've kind of drifted away to more more aesthetics. But she does a lot of procedures, which is beneficial to the patient. Now, obviously there are still going to be procedures that we are going to refer to specialists, but the routine was, you know, she could do some things like that.
Speaker 3: So I want to ask you, doc, so doctor Swanson, So is that that you're used to that now being called doctor Swanson?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know it's it's one of those things that I'll never get to experience. But so because I don't know one's even giving me a fake doctor yet, you know, when some of those some people will get, you know, one that the university gives you. I don't think I'll ever be in line for any of that since I was such a bad student. But when you talk about a root canal. You do know, you might be familiar. It has a bad reputation.
Speaker 4: It does. Yeah, and people will say one thing that was like going as I getting a root can now have these because Doudney has helped us in Christie, so many things.
Speaker 3: In the dental world have moved forward. Has the root canal moved forward? Is it not as horrible as it used to be many moons ago?
Speaker 15: Yes, I would definitely agree with that.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think when everyone hears, oh, I'm going to get a root canal, really it's not any different than getting a filling done.
Speaker 15: I mean, okay, okay, it.
Speaker 7: Was getting really a filling or any dental procedure because once your numb, your numb, you know, you don't feel anything. And I even just had a patient last week sleep he was snoring during his root canal. So, I mean, it's definitely has changed all the time. And I think just the different types of anesthetic that we're using now, the different medications that go into the root canal have definitely improved over time.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well it sounds like things have only gotten better. Well we hope so, and we and I think so because it does. I mean, technology, everything we talk about technology and how it's improved, and we're going to see you know, AIS in everything now including dentistry, and we have.
Speaker 14: The ability to read X rays. We're using it.
Speaker 8: We've been using AI technology reading X rays for a few years now, which you know, you and I can detect, you know, fifty shades of great. AI can check up to seven and that's what reading radiographs are.
Speaker 14: Its shades of gray.
Speaker 8: So we can see things through AI that we couldn't see it with the human eyes. So it's been amazing. Technology is an amazing thing.
Speaker 3: It is and I would just encourage everybody in the audience, and I'm being completely serious right now, get the appointments. I mean, I'm sitting here leaving a proof of this. I just I went in for my normal checkup every three years. I think it is y'all do the full three sixty whatever that thing is, and the things you can see now and that is amazing. And they called that I had assist and where was it in the palette and they're like, hey, you need to get that looked at. And we caught it on a routine a checkup. And here's what I want all of you to know. From the time it was diagnosed, from the time I actually had it removed. There was never a time that I knew I had it. I never had any discomfort, and so if it hadn't been caught by the time I would have been uncomfortable, it had been a much bigger deal.
Speaker 4: So so it's important to do that.
Speaker 3: And as they all have said, with the technology now they can see things that you know, back back in the old days you couldn't see. So they can catch a lot of things and head them off before they become big problems.
Speaker 4: So welcome to the town.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Alabama. How long? How long have you and your husband and your daughters lived here?
Speaker 15: So we moved here the end of ma Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: So you are still brand new, brand.
Speaker 15: New, first Alabama summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well, and a little bit your skin. You being from Arizona, this is not going to bother you. But the thing that I always tell people that that just move here from other places, Arizona won't be that big of an adjustment. But I told this poor person from Colorado one time, I said, now here's what you got to get ready for.
Speaker 4: September is just August again. I mean, it doesn't. It doesn't even remotely resemble fault. It's just another summer month. So he looked at me like really, and I was. He was just profusely sweating at the time.
Speaker 3: So, uh, well, yeah, welcome to the team, and welcome to Alabama. And congratulations to you, Misty, your smile less beautiful congratulations. And I don't have to tell you how wonderful this team is because you've experienced it.
Speaker 4: So so there you go.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Doctor Bethany Swanson joins Team Dudney.
Speaker 4: Te Dudney dot com.
Speaker 3: Uh, if you want to find out about all that they do and get your appointment. And for those of you, like the rest of us, that are already part of the family, keep your appointments.
Speaker 4: I know I'm saying that to me. Uh and we'll be right back. Thank you for our time. Congratulations Misty Hester.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's one thing to listen to this show, but it's quite another to see it live on stage. Unpredictable and unforgettable. Miss this show and regret it for the rest of your life. The Are You Ready Tour is coming to Montgomery, Starkville, Huntsville, and Birmingham. Use the code RBS twenty save twenty percent of remating seats at rick burgershow dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you for being one of us America. As we are going through another show. As far as the Mister Lucky part of the are you ready tour? Another rehearsal yesterday, you can go to look on my story there on Instagram. Got some pictures on Instagram too. Speedy documented that quite well. Did y'all notice yesterday we got to look at one of the screens. Regret all, we got to look at one of the screens yesterday. Starting to get the production team together, and we got a big meeting about that again today as we get ready for coming up this fall. By the way, that tour is real, because you're wondering. By the way, you should have seen the new dentist face when I was telling the new dentist about because you know, she was like, oh, tell me about this, you know, having this cyst out and all this, And I told her, I said, these guys you see that I work with every day, I said, their hope was that I would have a permament permament lisp still missed a permanent lisp.
Speaker 4: I did just for a day. Yeah, and you know what I wanted a week?
Speaker 3: How about She looked at me, like permanent. Yeah, she looked at me and she goes, what I said, Yeah, that was their dream. She goes, so is it fully recovered? I said, it is, I said, and they're crazy disappointed.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean you talked a little too normal, right, Yeah, So so she thought that was odd she did. Well, you guys, I don't know how you.
Speaker 3: I know, y'all think the way we live is like we sometimes lose focus on the fact that people think that we're all really pretty strange and there's things that need to be addressed. Yeah, and and so, but if we were as normal as everybody else.
Speaker 4: The show wouldn't work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it's funny hearing doctor Swanson, the newest member of Team Dudney, talk about her husband being the only male in the house. Even their dogs are male or female. Our house is opposite. Terry is the only female in the family besides her daughter in law Maybury. Even even our dogs are male. I mean, we don't know what it's like, right grandson. I mean we don't have a granddaughter yet. Yeah, you're right, She's like I'm the only female in the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of our family. You know, we're getting ready to go on vacation next week. Boy, and I'm just I'm watching Sherry try to get everybody on the same page. Uh, it's all right, you know it was. It's you know, everybody just needs to let's just all get where we're supposed to be on time.
Speaker 4: I have I did say this. Sherry said, well, about what time we're supposed to leave, She said, she gave me a time.
Speaker 3: I said, no, no, no, back that up. Don't don't tell them we're leaving earlier than that. Yeah, the ones, the ones that are going with us, just tell them we're leaving earlier than that.
Speaker 4: So so we'll see.
Speaker 3: But it will be replaced all next week, and you guys, hopefully we'll get some time to rest and then we'll bounce back. And I want all of you to know that when we we get back here, I guess we would return on the tenth, correct, So when we land here on the tenth, we're gonna be looking the Montgomery Are you ready to or And we're gonna be looking at it right in the eye.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we'll be thirty days out exciting, right, and.
Speaker 3: Then when we do that, it's gonna be Montgomery, it's gonna be startful, it's going to be the Cruise. Then it's gonna be Huntsville. Then it's gonna be Birmingham. That's gonna be a five week run.
Speaker 4: That is going to be a doozy.
Speaker 3: Did I do the right thing? Because you know, when we started trying to figure out when to do it, I want to ask you guys this. So when we were trying to figure out when to do this, we had to I wanted to the audience for years was like, are are we ever going to see mister Lucky come back? And I thought, well, if we do a tour again, you know because that is similar to the one we did back in the Rick and Bubba days, but obviously it'll be unique too, where yeah, we're going to do all the comedy and what would be different that would bring everybody something different? And I thought, well, let's bring the band back after twenty three years. Well, that presented its own problems because now you've got to figure out when everybody could actually do it. So Ryan Greenwood and his job the summer was not going to work. So we couldn't do a summer tour, so then you talk about a fall tour, and then you talk about, well, you don't want to compete with college football, especially when you have Mississippi and Alabama dates.
Speaker 4: Which is where we're going to play.
Speaker 3: So then you don't you go, well, we don't want to do a Saturday I know there's still some high school for ball conflicts on Friday night, but not everybody is involved in high school football. It didn't affect him as many people as watching and being part of college football. But then there was also the thought of, well, what about the fact that y'all work on Fridays and you're going to go all day. And I think I just thought, on y'all's behalf. I think we would rather go ahead and work on Friday all and have the rest of our weekend to rest before next week, as opposed to everybody go home Friday. Oh, by the way, you've got to go somewhere on Saturday too. The twenty yeah, and stayed there the late at night on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Get then go to me. It takes almost pulls your whole weekend away. The twentieth a different time of year, but they were Fridays too, right.
Speaker 3: There were yeah, I thought, yeah, yeah, when we did that on the Rick and Bubby years, the twentieth and all, No, it was those were Friday nights. And the reason why I remember we did that was just what I'm talking about now. This is when we did fall because of Brian Greenwood schedule, but we did Friday nights even though that's a long day. So when you're done, you have the rest of the weekend. Yeah, you know, to be ready for Monday show as opposed to taking the weekend. I worked on Friday, but I didn't do the content the show. But now I've got to be somewhere on Saturday to do the show.
Speaker 4: Then it ends late.
Speaker 3: Then I got to get back home, and then church on Sunday. I mean all that just before you know it, you're back on the show on Monday, and you're like, I don't know that I ever got a break. Even though that's a long day on Friday, I still think it gives us a bigger break when it's over.
Speaker 5: We's got a power through Friday and then and sleep all day Saturday.
Speaker 4: Be ready, be ready, you don't sleep anymore. Wait time about Adamah This doesn't affect you in anyway. Top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Well come Shoe, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: The boys reason for lighting up. For instance, here we go a new hour. Thank you for being with us. Speedy, Greg Adler in the mix, the.
Speaker 12: Gang all here.
Speaker 4: We're grateful that you're here. The number eight eight eight, the number six Big Vox eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine.
Speaker 3: We'll do unscreened phone calls before the hour is done, and we'll hear from you Wednesday. Bible Study back today noon Central, one o'clock Eastern on the YouTube channel. Now we are on vacation next week, so there won't be another one until two weeks from today. And when we come back, the live version of the Bible Study when we come back, and it will be on the twelfth of August. The next Bible Study we'll come back on the tenth, as we mentioned a minute ago, but the next Bible Study be on the twelfth, and on day will be the new time for the live experience, and that'll be eleven o'clock Central noon Eastern, starting on August the twelfth. That affects those of you that come here to the studio and those of you that watch it live the archive world, your life doesn't change a whole lot on that. Speaking of other ways to get in touch with us.
Speaker 4: Heyburd Haybird had these are emails from you the audience.
Speaker 3: If you go to the team at Rick burgessshow dot com, you see all of our different email addresses. If you just use the contact button, we're really not there. We probably should be there, but we're not.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: That's just how you contact salespeople and things like that. So you can contact us directly by going to where it says the team, heyburg Hayburge. And this is a question that they're going to ask you guys as well concerning this new member.
Speaker 4: Or bit on the Show's a better way to put it, Hey Burge, I'll.
Speaker 3: Just start by telling you I'm a little concerned yet strangely fascinated. Concerned and fascinated with this email er happening at the same time that you're seriously entertaining this puppeteering childhood dream as a full grown man. I think it would be healthy for you and for society if speedy Greg n Adler would be completely honest and discuss about how this makes them really feel. When I watch you work in that puppet, I experienced emotions I wasn't prepared for. I was mildly uncomfortable. But I also could not look away. It was like watching a slow motion train wreck hosted by Sesame Street.
Speaker 4: Ooh, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I thought, well, hey, this is a joke. Then I realized, wait a minute, Rick's pretty good at this. Has he been practicing. I'll address that in a minute. I'm not saying you need I'm not saying that you need an intervention. I'm just saying if speedy gregor add Or walk by your office and hear two voices, oh boy, but only one person walks out, I think they need to call somebody. I agree, which brings me to an important question. If men shouldn't run in the rain, should they play with puppets?
Speaker 4: Oh boy, this is good.
Speaker 3: Respectfully man, By the way, I'm not here to stop you. I'm here to witness whatever this becomes. I'd say what he's saying.
Speaker 4: He basically says, I'm in forever this goes poorly or good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has some concerns that are legit. I just today, maybe let rest him. Let him rest little man. Rest all right, Okay, he's tired.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 6: I know you you discoloage. You don't care for Jeff Dunham today. Apparently he doesn't like human.
Speaker 4: It's hard.
Speaker 6: It's this takes you back to when you were young and watching him do it, so it's kind of a yeah, it's a reoccurring thing.
Speaker 4: I mixed emotions here, Do y'all feel like the emailer?
Speaker 5: I went actually back and listened to it, and uh, you know, I I was a little bit weird, uncomfortably aired some grievances about it. And but I appreciate you letting me get that off my chest, absolutely talking about how it just doesn't feel right.
Speaker 2: It's like watching Chuck Norris do ballet or it doesn't feel right.
Speaker 4: Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: It's like seeing Billy Graham. I don't know if I should say that again.
Speaker 4: But don't say that was taken over by something else. Yeah, and and that's what I'm saying. I think maybe the little man needs to work.
Speaker 2: Somebody.
Speaker 4: Okay, where I I'll just say this where I got a little I wouldn't say it's like Bill Cosby doing it, but oh no, he did.
Speaker 6: Where I got a little uncomfortable is I thought we were doing a bit and I looked up two minutes later and you were still over there. Yeah, like you're like you're in your office or something.
Speaker 4: You know what this is like?
Speaker 3: You know what I've realized because I'm going to answer his question. Greg, you just said it a minute ago, and you're right, he said. I thought to myself, he's been practicing sadly. No, Uh, it's just it's just I was born a puppeteer and a puppeteer naturally, and it's it's almost like somebody put me on a bicycle and they're like, well, my goodness, he'ms still right.
Speaker 4: Well, of course I can. Oh my gosh, it's still there. Please. Oh that's a good one. And I will say this too.
Speaker 6: We had I had an email come in and I said, he said, look, I think you're overthinking it. The voice of handyman Rick needs to be his original voice. When you go into your handyman, talk about how your left he left you right, you know that stuff, right.
Speaker 4: He's right, instead of we worked too much trying to come up with a puppet voice. Let it be natural. Yeah, I agree with that. She I don't know here I'd like to see him taking off the chef today and put Yeah, it's right here to my right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put Choco putting in inside of that puppet.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go, by the way, put back in the drawing on the on the puppet with men I don't know. I mean, was Jim Henson, He seemed pretty manly. Yeah, I think Jeff Dunham, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it's really more what you turn into, right, you turn into something I haven't seen. He got locked up in it at one point and none of us were even here.
Speaker 2: He was doing the puppet to himself. Guys was looking at him. That bothered me.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for the puppet to do Bible study today. No good, by the way, Maybe maybe some commentary, but not the whole the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Paper with puppet manage.
Speaker 6: When you're in serious conversation during the Bible study, are we keeping handyman right here like still to your left?
Speaker 2: Should not do that?
Speaker 4: I told you yesterday. Whenever a serious subject comes up and I look up and Rick's making this great point about maybe something biblical, and I look and.
Speaker 3: Less than it listen in less than an hour. In less than an hour, there are people that are coming here to watch this show with the production team for the tour, and do you know why they're coming. They're coming to start to understand the show so they can understand the presentation of the live show on stage. So they're gonna sit down and their whole thing is, let me take in this show, and they're gonna spot that puppet in between us, and I bet you they think.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we got to work the puppet. Well, I'm gonna say, tell me a story behind that, and he's gonna get it, and he's gonna you what they special gifts grow over the grouse. Yeah, what Scott GAROSSI will think about it. I can tell you that with zero hesitation.
Speaker 3: By the way, Scott Garowski hates mister Lucky, so yeah, he's certainly gonna hate the post. One verse, he says that our band and his opinion, our band is horrible. I gave him a sign c D one Christmas. He said our songs are horrible and the band's horrible.
Speaker 4: He hates.
Speaker 5: What is he like?
Speaker 4: What he said? That one cares? I held him to it. What if Rick has his back to the audience and a sudden turns.
Speaker 2: And goes right of the blue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rick, I can bring him out. No, you don't know, Ryan Greenwood.
Speaker 3: Listen, Ryan Greenwood experienced some things back when it's true a different song. He said, no, no, He asked me, said, can we at least do the five songs without all the can we just rock for five songs?
Speaker 4: And I said, yes, we're not going that's not.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: But anyway, this guy, I think speaks. He says, this guy really saying, I don't really know how to feel. He said, I'm not sure myself now bringing them entertained. But I'm also concerned because of my childhood dream. Because of my childhood dream. Here's here's what I'm wondering. That that's something that came from my childhood and now it's back, and you see what it's doing to me?
Speaker 4: Would this is this?
Speaker 3: This bad idea of Also, somebody said, not from my childhood, but from my past.
Speaker 4: Hey, here's an idea. Let's let Rick start drinking bourbon again. You know, is that this is not a good idea?
Speaker 2: Is this a bad idea?
Speaker 4: Let me let me go ahead and the test of that, Okay, is this?
Speaker 3: I mean I have people here saying that it's just it's just that the puppet has to be part of the tour.
Speaker 4: Now well, I mean it's maybe the meet and Greek. He's gonna bring everybody out. You wouldn't believe what if he went and signed and tried to sign out.
Speaker 3: By the way, here's somebody says I've noticed that. I hear guys, I don't. I don't know Handy Rick Puppet would be such a big hit. But every time I can look at texting emails that people keep saying, Hey, we want more Handy Rick. This sounds like Gary acting like he can't come to the show. However, I must see Handy Rick Puppet live and Huntsville m I'd like to see Gary while you're doing puppet. You know what I think we've done. We've unearthed something that may.
Speaker 4: Not be good. I did yesterday. I saw you get in a zone that you couldn't get out when we weren't here.
Speaker 2: It was just him, Wow, just him. It's just.
Speaker 5: Rick watching you do a puppet. It's like it's like like seeing an obese lifeguard. It just shouldn't happen.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work. It just hurts your brain. The words of Greg Versus, I'd rather see a dog eat his puppy.
Speaker 4: Okay, I say one thing though, if you were drowning, you'll take a fat one.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Demand who informed Dippin' dots if they were not in fact the ice cream of the future.
Speaker 3: Rick urches Yep, the future has proven that by Raycon dot Com slash Big Box another twenty percent off of a product that is about half the price of the other premium audio brands. So right now, if you are listening to us on the Raycon earbudget, you know what I'm singing. But those of you out there that do not have them yet, let me remind you that even the everyday earbuds now have they've added to them active noise cancelation, multipoint connectivity, so you compare two devices at once, and a super comfortable ergonomic design meaning they stay.
Speaker 4: Put even when you're trying to do just a little bit better. And so they also don't they don't look weird you're seeing some of these other So so about half the price, then we get you another twenty percent. You got a thirty day happiness guarantee. So go to buy Raycon dot Com slash Big Box. Go to buy Raycon dot com, slash big Box get twenty percent off our Rick Burgess show dot com right there under the sponsors. But you checking on Iran today? Ooh Iran, oh, I said Iran, they hung.
Speaker 3: Two more protests. Hey, they don't like protests in public, while the crowd cries dishonorable, dishonorable. I hate to say this honorable, and their courage is, you know, something to be noted. But you got to know when you get together and you're living in Iran and they go to tell you, what, guys, this ain't right. We're gonna get out here in protesting, I would go, I don't know what's going to happen if we protest. Yeah, they were allegedly tied to January's nationwide antim protests. Great to your point, but the crowd was screaming, this is not honorable, this is this shouldn't be done, and security forces fired tear gas to disperse the crowd. According to the National Council of Resistance of Iran, okay, okay, this is an exiled Iranian opposition group. Uh so they said that these two men with very long names were hung in the square, and they said this goes back.
Speaker 4: To January that you won't find that story on many news sources there. They don't talk about it, right, So you know it's the Persians they when they the horrible regimes that continue to rule Iran.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: This is this is how they operate.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 4: And by the way, those of you that are embracing.
Speaker 3: You know, the ever growing central government, you city grocery stores and all this garbage in New York.
Speaker 4: Uh, this is where it all leads when it gets down to you can't oppose, you can't oppose the government question and Rick, the countdown is on.
Speaker 6: Fauci is about to oh, boy, I guess speak to Ram Paul and the guys and ladies. And so he's about to give his testimony again. And they have already come out and said, Okay, Biden might have pardoned you, but if you perjure yourself in this hearing, that doesn't cover this.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah today, So this might be how they get him.
Speaker 3: House Overside Committee Committee Chairman James Comer, Republican out of Kentucky, has said exactly what Speedy just said, warning Fouch that his presidential pardon has limits, uh, and that this would be one of them. If you if you come in here before this a bunch, this oversight committee, and you perjure yourself that would not be covered in this blanket pardon from Biden.
Speaker 4: Fauci's response, Well, hang on a minute.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I also would like to point out that even Biden doesn't remember he gave you that pardon. Now, that's a fact. He doesn't know that he did so sadly. So we'll see what it's going to be. Rand Paula facing Fauci. That's usually that's usually pretty electric.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well.
Speaker 2: No he can't. You don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: That's that's okay, a little bit like the Godfather. We talked about it yesterday. But what Fauci was saying publicly does not match up with his personal diary what he was saying in the diary. So he was lying publicly according to his diary. He was according to his diary, right of course, then again, he may go I was actually.
Speaker 2: Especially when he talked about how his first pitch was good, I mean.
Speaker 4: Delusion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did say today when he's terrible. He has made one request before he is interviewed by this Oversight committee. He wants everybody to be seated at least six feet apart. Yes, absolutely, possibly that was just made up.
Speaker 4: It just so admitted it made it up. Yeah, So somebody asked, can he take the fifth in something like this?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess maybe. I don't know. He's got a lot of explaining to do.
Speaker 3: I know that he does, but he could. He could get in there, I guess, and just kind of say, I'm not gonna talk.
Speaker 2: I'm reading here.
Speaker 5: Fauci cannot legally plead the fifth during his congressional testimonies.
Speaker 4: Okay, he can't.
Speaker 5: Well, they say that there's no self incrimination threat because of Biden's pardon. But we just said, well that if he perjures himself during these hearings, and RFK Junior even said they will be pursuing charges against him if he perjures himself today.
Speaker 4: Right, how do you say it? At least that's that's what we think. He said, And then Ram Paul's neighbor weight In righted him right off the lawnmow.
Speaker 2: What if what about you?
Speaker 4: I have a spokesperson, and it was Handyman. Ricky came up. What if somebody screamed that fight?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, here he goes with his first again, nowhere near nobody he's got by the way, him wearing that stupid mask.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, my granddaughter who is three could do better than that. And that mask right there was off a show. He's outside, he's on the mound.
Speaker 2: He took it off later when he was sitting in the stands by the way.
Speaker 3: That by the way, that mask doesn't work, No, it does. It would help you with bacteria, but not with a virus, right, look at him. So yeah, so he missed him his diary. He claimed this was a good throw.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, so he missed on AIDS, COVID and that first pitch. How about way off.
Speaker 4: There's no way anyone could are here that that was a good pitch. I say, if you say something about that, in my opinion, that wasn't bad.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you put if you put in your own your diary journal, whichever one it is, I prefer if it was a man it was called journal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you put in there lies in your own journal.
Speaker 3: Like saying that was a good pitch, is that the ultimate example of lying to yourself.
Speaker 4: Yes, you wrote it down. You have written it down here only you, and it isn't accurate. I don't put me back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers Show, God fearing and America loving The Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 4: Alright, thank you for being here, America. We have covered quite a bit already on the program. An opportunity if you you to chime coming up here in a few moments with unscreened phone calls U and we look forward to getting that opportunity to chat with you.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, we we talked about that.
Speaker 3: Even did a Strange Encounters episode on the the former well uh yeah, for the former marine that was discharged on some sort of medical discharge that claimed that Donald Trump was anti christ and and said he should be killed. H of course he's now having conversations with the Department of Justice. But so so you know, some of these things, you would think you kind of need to keep an eye on. Wisconsin brewery that offered free beer when Trump dies has had their alcohol permit revoked.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: A Wisconsin, Wisconsin brewery known for the anti Trump social media post, including one promising a free beer promotion upon the death of President Donald Trump, has had its permit to operate in the state revoked by state officials. Now that's important to note that that has nothing to do with the Trump administration of the federal government. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel said that the liberal activist and brewery owner Kirk Bangstad is vowing to fight tooth and nail after receiving a letter from the state Department of Revenue revoking its permit to operate in Wisconsin. He said, I'm not going to take this lying down. We're going to fight the state of Wisconsin. They'll have to pry me out of the tap rooms before I stopped selling beer the thirsty progressives who come to visit us. I guess he doesn't want conservatives business there, which isn't the best business plan. So free beer all day long the day he dies was the post. And apparently the state does not think this is the most safe use of a liquor license to sell alcohol. They think that this is not something they want to be part of, and they've taken away the license. So I don't know that you can really, I mean, I don't know how that works. I don't know you know, how the state controls the permits for people to sell alcohol, And you know, is this the case you can make?
Speaker 4: I guess it comes with responsibility.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, and I'm looking at their post right now, and it wasn't just free beer all day long the day he dies. They went farther. After the bullet grazed his ear in Butler, they posted, well, we almost got free beer day. Either either a brother or sister in the resistance needs to work on their arksmanship, or he faked another assassination to get a positive news cycle. News cycle will never know regardless. We stand up the ready to pour free beer the day it happens. So you're not talking about old age, you're not talking about a natural death. You're encouraging assassination of the president in order.
Speaker 4: To get free beer. And that's probably why they lost their license.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because, I mean you said a little bit about their statement, but they basically say that they don't feel like he's following the laws and regulations of the permit.
Speaker 3: So that would be one of them to point out to adlers. One thing to say, you know, whenever that day comes, it's another thing to say, we almost got free beer.
Speaker 4: If somebody could have shot better. Yeah, Oh yeah, that's pretty much Greg your favorite. They've got me a go fund me going. Yeah. Oh, they asking anybody to help with the legal fight. Guys, do we ignore it and again, it's a good service and help some people. Legitimately, here we go, but go fund me the group, you know, they get their cut, they must do really well. Surely a lot of them out there. Yeah, and it's not a bad thing. I'm not saying that. Well, it can be. Yeah, it can be when used like this, well saying there's a lot of people who've benefited a lot from it. It's like you got people.
Speaker 3: It's like everything that people start out trying to do something. There's programs and things. The problem is we always underestimate the depravity of human beings. Well, you go, well, these go fundmes, they're set up. We'll make our money, but we'll do that by helping people. And then people go. Now that's the fallback position if I'm if I'm got out of a job, before I'm looking for another job, I started go fund me, you know, and and I passed it around to you know, and hey, you know, that's not what it was designed for. It was designed for people with big medical bills. It was designed for people that have gone through tough things. It isn't designed for people that go, hey, I'm going through a rough patch. Right now in between jobs. Would you all have to give it to my GoFundMe? You got people, you got people faking go fund me reasons. Oh yeah, you know, it's just you know, there's nothing going on there, just trying to get money. I got a random when one time. It's been years ago, and at least they were being honest. They were trying to get advantage of guitar and they didn't go fund me to raise the money so they could.
Speaker 4: But you know what, I remember that when Greg I'd forgotten about that one, but at least that guy was on it. He was honest. It reminds me of a whino. Oh yeah, when I was.
Speaker 3: I think it was when I was working in Aniston, and it was downtown Anniston, Alabama, on the way to the radio building, oh the great Radio Wheel, and where my first paying radio job was, And there were a bunch of whinos that would hang around down there and they were all making up stories. Then this one guy just came up and said, Hey, I'm just gonna chug just trade all these people lying to you, right, they're all lie to you, right. Uh, And Uh, I just needed to drink. I just need to drink and I'm asking if you give me some money for it. Yeah, and I appreciate his honesty. I like when they say they're gonna pay you back, they'll add that that's eighty six cents. It's always some weird I'm gonna pay you back, say, first of all, you'll never see me again, so probably not. I'm gonna bring this up again too. Are are the pet panhandlers? And the peddler's hurting because people don't creak cashing.
Speaker 4: I know that's how a roadblocks when you get fundraisers, well for the for the cheerleaders or whatever.
Speaker 3: I will say this, and I saw it even I even saw it happen this last weekend, even though like I said, it was a wonderful experience. We're telling churches now because you know, if if we're doing a man church thing or we're doing a marriage conference thing, if they want to, there's no obligation. They can contact our publisher, Ironhel Publishing and say we'd like to have you know, Ricker's Sherry's book are both available at this event. And the way it works is there theyre only have to pay for what they sell, so they also make a profit for the church or whatever. And if they don't sell them, they just send them back. Well, what a lot of them are discovering if they don't set up a QR code or they don't set up some way to swipe. Yeah, they have a line of people ready to get books and nobody's got cash and they're like, al, it's just cash only, and people like, oh, well I don't have any cash.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, if you're not prepared now with a QR code or some ability for people to swipe Venmo something, Yeah, because you know it's easy.
Speaker 3: In matter of fact, we had a lunch yesterday about it, Uh, the team saying, you know, we're gonna start kind of training these churches how to set up a QR code attached in a Venmo camp. If they'll do that, that's the simplest because everybody wants their phone at that and there there we go.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: But you know, if you're in the cash only world, you're throwing people a curve, right.
Speaker 3: And you're going to lose some business. Yeah, not that they don't want your product, they just can't get it. I don't have it only right, And the padding of the little total you like to have a little tote money lit totney. What about what I need to spend is the toe?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: What is that about?
Speaker 3: I remember old codgers would say, here's you some total money. What is total money versus spending money? It's always there if you I guess if there was an emergency, So I shouldn't just spend it on something frivolous. Yeah, it's only it's like an emergency for Yeah, total spend is the toe and the sh that you can do it. But I can spend it if I'm in a buy and then it ceases to tote. Now it can be spent, but I shouldn't spend it like on a Hamburger. No, that that total money is not for that to money for you to tote. Okay, comes out only when you got that have an emergency. I got that, Okay, everybody knows that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so anyway, I'm glad this brewery is because we can't allow this. Even with free speech, you can't encourage people to murder other people that you don't like. Yeah, that's I mean, you just that that's not where free be on freedom speed Yeah, and he can fight tooth and now all he wants to. But but but see that and that thing of him saying that when it first happened, he faked the assassination. Are you all kidding me? I mean, are you I would like to know ear how his ear and face get.
Speaker 4: Blot on it?
Speaker 20: Right?
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot of special effects or something. What are you talking about about? The people that died, the guy that got killed. Yeah, somebody volunt you know, every now and then, but every now and his widow will speak, raise her hand and go, you know, my husband gotta killed. Hello, he was shot by the shooter in the audience. I guess they claim that was a whole part of it though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then some.
Speaker 3: Person had to god or injured. We're going she went up in the ground to make it worse.
Speaker 5: The only thing that was fake that day was the protection the right, Okay, the work being done by the Secret Service.
Speaker 4: That a boy, Yeah, it wasn't very good. We'll be back. Unscreen phone calls her next on any topic A day eight and the number six big vos A D eight eight six two four four eight six nine. We've already done two hours and forty five minutes. So you've got you got a few things out there that you can comment on and bring up your own topic, have a good signal, turn the TV down, turn your radio down, be able to land the plane. Let's be appropriate.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show. It's time for the most dangerous ten minutes in radio on screen phone calls. Oh No one eight eight eight six, big box, make it count all.
Speaker 3: Right, your turn to speak. All ten lines are open, Fire them up, let's go. So you make your comment. You can ask questions. You're kind of controlling the programming now, but handle that with care. You got to know how to act if you want your call to continue. As I mentioned, it's got to have good quality, and also your ability to carry a narrative. Land that plan on the runway smoothly, not make us and the audience feel awkward as you ramble. So so all those things take into account as we begin. Welcome to unscreen phone calls. You're on the rig bird, you show go ahead, corna.
Speaker 21: Fellas, hey, buddy, with all the bear sightings in Alabama here lately, this quick question. If a bear showed up at each one of y'all's house, whose wife would be the most likely to leave food out for it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Not mine? At Lisa if she thinks of having like a dog. She will. She's fed every straight dog ever. That's why I ended up having what she put food out for the bear, probably far from the house.
Speaker 21: So the great girl saw raising bear cuts.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, my wife would have nothing to do with it. She would demand that I come up with some way for the bear to never be back in the yard again. And I may be wrong here, but I think I don't think at Lisa would feed a bear, not a bear better how far away feeding?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think try's in on that Adler. Uh, Now, Lisa's got it, okay, She would go, oh, we can say all, yeah, A look at him. He looks hungry.
Speaker 3: By the way, somebody just sent a picture of the bear not far from the studio. Yeah, it's just right around the corner everywhere.
Speaker 4: I don't mind.
Speaker 3: It's a rambling bear or the bears everywhere, and it may be a matter of time. I don't mind these bear sightings as long as the story's not bear attacks.
Speaker 4: Right right, Rick Burgess, show go ahead. Hey guys were all doing well this morning.
Speaker 16: Hey love my wife to death, but she's into this Candice Owen's trial thing with a Tyler Robinson. Are we making anything out of her podcast.
Speaker 20: I mean everything I hear is just craziness.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I haven't been following it at all. I don't even know who this other person is that you mentioned. We'll kind of trial oh the guy that shot oh Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know she's been kind off the deep Yeah, you know, one of the things.
Speaker 3: And someone else has brought this back up. We brought it up actually on strange encounters that when we found out that Tucker Carlson a few years ago admitted that he was attacked by what he thinks were demonic forces. Uh, and nothing was ever really done. There's now been a follow up that they were offers for exorcists to come to Hell. There were deliverance ministries that tried to reach out to him, and he didn't want any of that, and he was kind of like, no, I think I'll just handle this myself, you know, reading the Bible and all that. And you know, we kept wondering, is there a time to this thing he told us in him going off the deep end? And then if that's true, it has the same thing happened to Candace Owens. So, but something has strangely happened to them in a really, really really weird way.
Speaker 5: She has continued to ride the wave of attention whatever gets her attention. Initially, she was a liberal, out in conservatives and fighting against free speech for conservatives. That's what she was at one point in her life. Then she went to being a conservative because she saw, oh i'm young, i'm black, I get a lot more attention if I'm a conservative. So now she's done that. Now she's moving onto this conspiracy theory world. And every day it's like there's new information that only I have. Check out the show, don't miss it. This will change everything. That's the line that you always hear, and it never changes anything. It's a wild conspiracy that she does not have proof for, and she why doesn't the defense use any of her facts? And I'm using air quotes here to get Tyler Robinson off the hook. I saw a hilarious little meme on the internet, a little comic, and it had Candace Owens pointing to not only Charlie Kirk's wife, saying I think you killed Charlie, and then pointing to turning point Usa, I think you killed Charlie, and then pointing to his close close circle of friends, you killed Charlie. And then the last frame is they're destroying everything Charlie cared about. It's like, no, Candace, you're attacking everything that Charlie Kirk built. You're attacking his wife, you're attacking his best friends that saw him die in person. You, Candace, are destroying everything Charlie Kirk cared about. And the conservative wave that we had after in the and the the people turning to Christ after Charlie Kirk's death, it was immediately cut short and in the head of it was cut off my cannas owens and these conspiracy theories and the infighting in the conservative movement.
Speaker 2: And she's evil.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Well that goes back now you're kind of entertaining what I'm suggesting that it was used by demonic forces to cut the head off that movement.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 3: And she's just a pawn and all that. But that is interesting background you bring upon her. So that that's that that that tells us a lot Rick Burder's show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 16: Morning, guys.
Speaker 12: I enjoyed the conversation about a little tote money. That's a phrase I really hadn't heard in a long time. My grandfather lived by that philosophy.
Speaker 1: Something else.
Speaker 2: You don't see much.
Speaker 16: Anymore, I old me.
Speaker 21: You remember old men used to.
Speaker 16: Walk around with like like three hundred dollars worth of coins in their pockets anymore.
Speaker 3: Now coins The only the only thing you see less of a foe of money is coins. I never see people coins anymore. You're exactly right. Well, we got a penny shortage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rick Burgess show on screen phone calls.
Speaker 20: Go ahead, Hey, guys, I called it on Monday about seeing Rick at Colajah at Church and the Pines. And I don't know if you guys remember this or not.
Speaker 4: You actually didn't see me. You said you saw Bubba.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I saw Bubba.
Speaker 16: My apologies.
Speaker 20: But back in the late nineties, early two thousands, Church and the Pines they did this for years. They would actually have puppet shows after church Wow, and it was it was a huge thing. I don't know if it's archived or not, but it was really cool.
Speaker 4: So maybe take a little side gig, a little side hustle from me. I didn't think about that Rick Burgess show on scream go ahead, Yeah, I actually.
Speaker 16: Seen good morning, go ahead, yeah, marm go ahead, Okay, Okay, sorry about to delay. Yeah the radio. Hey, first time I've got to call into you, guys, I've tried the wrong number trying to catch you, and I hadn't listened to the show for years, which is my bad for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm back.
Speaker 16: I've actually, I've actually been tied to another morning show just down the dial that has a real differing opinion from most let me say, Caucasions, and uh I receive a lot of heat there from my views trying to trying to bring our races back together, which is probably a mistake, although I do keep trying, but uh, I get a lot of ridicule. And one of them even this morning, was like you were mentioning Mandygo about Trump being shot, So I told him, I said, do you think they just took somebody's body and throwed it up on top of that building like you mentioned, and shot him? And then the guy in the audience, I guess somebody just shot him and it was all fake and use, boy, do they really tear me up? But I'm gonna change radio stations and try to come on to you guys. Yeah, try to try to try to get some better opinions and better viewpoints across and on one of my pet peeves has been against mandatory car insurance. And uh, I don't know how you guys feel about that, but I wish somebody would help entertain the fact that I would like Alabama to end their mandatory car insurance laws. And and here's my point. I know everybody needs it and you should have it, but it's wrong to make the public habit if you've got a good driving record for thirty years. Now since they enacted the law, they have robbed me of thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I wouldn't give up on the other show just yet. I mean, there's still there may be some good you can still do that. I mean, I wouldn't just give up. So there's there may be some good you can do. And you know, don't don't don't give up so.
Speaker 4: Easy any questions. It's Greg at rick berkyadow dot com. Three essays right there in a row.
Speaker 2: Han, don't forget the three essens.
Speaker 4: If you stayed with that longer than I thought. But I almost became like I got to see how this is.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 14: You better listen up.
Speaker 13: You know what we say.
Speaker 4: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason. In an Unreasonable world. The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Brandy Aworth, Thank you for being with us America, Speedy.
Speaker 4: Greg Andler all here in the mixt Grateful that you're here with us again.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 4: We've already done three hours.
Speaker 3: If you miss that, grab it on the daily archive that's available on our podcast or our YouTube channel. We've already done an unstringed phone calls and maybe we'll get one more in before we're done. You can always text us live during the program. Text Nation always weighing in. And it does look like as far as News Today is concerned that doctor Fauci is invoking the Fifth Amendment at the hearing.
Speaker 6: Which is gonna make us all frustrating because they're gonna grill him, make all these statements, ask all these questions, and then he's gonna say, I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth, I plead the fifth. So then it's gonna be over yep, and nothing will be done.
Speaker 4: This will accomplish nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And because they reminded him that Biden's pardon does not cover him purging himself today in this committee hearing, and we were asking can he take the Fifth at that hearing?
Speaker 4: Or not, and apparently he can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they're going to get on record all the things we already know he's been accused of doing, and he's just gonna refuse to answer.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 6: And it's funny because that's not in the break. I witnessed something that that you don't know, and that is less Bradford is here. We talked about that and Michael, and Michael didn't know about handyman Rick and I saw him at lean over. I saw him lean over it and ask les.
Speaker 4: Why do they have a puppet right there with what you're just doing?
Speaker 6: So, yeah, he was at the loop on handyman Rick and so I just saw it uncomfortably explained, Well, we.
Speaker 4: Knew this was was interesting. We told you earlier.
Speaker 3: We're going to put him up today. But if you just now joined us. So the production team is watching the next few hours of the show. We have a meeting after to kind of block the are you ready tour on what it's going to do? Graphics we need for all the many led screens and effects and music all this, and they didn't know about the puppet and no Rick, and there is an outcry for to be part of the show I'm talking about they are you ready to show?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we'll we're gonna put him right inside and on the drum kit.
Speaker 3: I'd rather not talk about the puppet right now, but if we make him talk about it at some point.
Speaker 4: But just seeing them try to come to grips with it and kind of turn the head a little bit like what now, that's pretty good. It's pretty funny to see it explain. They're like to talk about what to do with it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: Rick did that when he was a kid, and he would do that. Why the puppet is a guy in hard hat, I don't know. That's just what we have. You found it in your office and it's not ignore that. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 6: When I saw that, the first thing I thought of was handyman. Yeah, I mean it's just what you see. He's in overalls and I think he's got a few tools in his pocket there on the on his belt.
Speaker 4: What is that he does? He's got a hammer, he got a screwed, he's got a hammer and everything he does hammer right here?
Speaker 2: How did were we just now noticing this?
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know what, we don't pay it? That's true, Okay, So yeah, here it is. I'm gonna get him back on this water bottle. Yeah, I'm not gonna mess with the puppet today in our meeting today. If you'd like for me to run a little handyman, can I had ordered a flexible shoulder. By the way, I had ordered all of us a nice salad. I'll now cancel that. So the Trace Atkins, have you seen this?
Speaker 3: Is this new?
Speaker 4: Or did he did this just?
Speaker 3: We're just getting He's now going into one time. He now correct me if I'm wrong. Fight and his nose got cut off or something. I heard him tell that this has to do with a gun. This has rough life coming up. This has to do with one of his ex wife trying to kill him. Yeah, so that we knew this story, but he's given to tales now. I think the nose was part of it. During a recent appearance on the very very awkward but sometimes entertaining THEO Vaughn Podcast, the sixty four year old country singer discussed his four marriages. It may be you Trace and let's just chray Tracey. It may have been you fool me four times on you or whatever the thing is.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right, Adam Well said, one of his exes, one of the four, took it a little farther than the others when she got angry with him, when she asked him to leave, she also shot it. She was mad, she wanted me to leave. I was going to leave. That's how it went down. She put it and leave quick enough. She put it under my left arm, and the bullet came out under my right arm. Yikes, he said.
Speaker 3: He went on to share that she was holding the gun preparing to fire. He approached her with his hand out, asking her to give him the gun, and she fired it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: When asked about THEO Vaughn, something I would have asked, what does it feel like to be shot? Adkins explained that, in his opinion, when the situation is that series, your body protects you and you just kind of go into shock. I don't really remember feeling anything. I just remember getting up off the floor, taking a few steps, then going back back down, and that's all I remember. It did go straight through. It went straight through my heart and both my lungs. It was a kill shot. The doctor said, the only reason I survived was because the bullet went through at a point blank velocity at muzzle velocity because he was reaching for it, so it didn't have time to mushroom like a bully does. It was just muzzle velocity, so it went straight through. If the bullet had had time to expand, it would have torn and destroyed it and killed him good.
Speaker 6: So that's why it's in the news again because he just he just told the story to THEO. Yea, even though we knew the story it happened.
Speaker 3: When THEO asked him, what do they do for you when this happens, he said, to repair your heart and your lungs.
Speaker 4: The oh, they just crack you open. Okay, thank you?
Speaker 14: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Man, he said, I'd never wonder what number wife. I don't know number two. Why do I feel like it was number four? Because is he taking another one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is he married now?
Speaker 5: Is he?
Speaker 4: It was a long time ago, so probably I'm thinking maybe one or two? Mm hm. We y'all think, Uh, I don't worry you obviously before he was famous.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you something though, this sounds a little bit more normal. See, I'm not This doesn't surprise me at all because I know that if I was a bad man and I mistreated Sherry in any way, shape or form that she would shoot me.
Speaker 4: There's no question about that.
Speaker 3: What surprises me is when I see all these wives standing next to these specially politicians and celebrities that have done horrible things to them, and they're just standing there like they're supporting them. I think that wouldn't be my married situation. If I'd done what this cat did, my wife would not be standing there with me at the prest conference.
Speaker 4: I can promise you it was.
Speaker 2: His second wife, second yeah, number two.
Speaker 4: Well I don't know that. The fact that he wanted to marry three and four, so he has two.
Speaker 5: Daughters with his first wife, three daughters with his third wife. So that second wife that shot him, they didn't have any kids.
Speaker 2: It looks like.
Speaker 4: It is a turn off to be shoved.
Speaker 1: It really is?
Speaker 5: It? Really?
Speaker 4: Truly is?
Speaker 3: Maybe I would have liked to patch things up to you, to you shot me through the heart and lungs. Yeah, that's tough one to get past. Passed now, say the thing is, a man's not allowed to ever bring that up though if they if they had stayed together, he could have never brought it up again. Why do you keep bringing that up?
Speaker 4: When I shot you?
Speaker 3: I told you now you do something like that, and that you ain't never gonna forget it. I ain't got to be shot, right, you know what?
Speaker 4: You know, every time I do something wrong, you bring up that time I shot you through the hard Yeah, we want you to get over.
Speaker 3: It, right, show meeting the dead, or you don't ever talk about what you did. Right, that's where that would go. Before you know it, you'd be apologizing for getting shot. Women are masters at this. Before you know it, you're apologizing. Right, Maybe you shoot me, that's on me. Yeah, And so anyway, I don't what's what's the current state? I know Trace has had a spiritual awakening by all indications, so I think he's a new man now.
Speaker 4: But is he Is he married?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm reading here and he.
Speaker 5: The fight where they that she shot him was supposedly over his drinking. In two thousand and one. He did go to rehab for alcohol twenty fourteen, rehab again. In twenty nineteen. He married Canadian actress Victoria Pratt.
Speaker 4: Still with her.
Speaker 2: I am trying to figure that out.
Speaker 4: We had him on what was it? Has it been a year or so?
Speaker 3: He was up in the sand mountaineer. He was doing something. Yet there it was a you know, he was ordered him and he was. He's in both of the he's been in both of these I can imagine movies. Yeah, so oh well he's got to do boys, so.
Speaker 4: He does a boy, he does big Fellow.
Speaker 5: Well, thankfully it looks like they're still married and Blake Shelton officiated the wedding.
Speaker 4: That's got to feel good. How about that? All right? So are we sure he's actly married? Right? Right?
Speaker 6: That's well. Adam Sandler did marry Taylor Swift and Kelsey. He does not forget forgot about.
Speaker 4: That he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's easy. It's about getting a voting license, like it really is. You know, it's actually probably easier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once once all the the states started getting out of the marriage business and just telling the churches they can do whatever they want.
Speaker 4: It's it's really anything goes now.
Speaker 16: But so.
Speaker 4: I wonder with this wife in twenty nineteen, do you think they discussed you say, no, how you feel about handguns? Yeah? Yeah? Do you know how to shoot? Right? I know? The combination of the safe you don't, right?
Speaker 11: Yea?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The hope that we're in.
Speaker 4: So there we go.
Speaker 2: How's your own.
Speaker 4: We'll be back more to coverage today. Here's the number A day day, the number Big Box, and then also of course the website rickburgesshow dot com. We'll be back more than the show right for this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who shaved thirty minutes off his last road trip, Rick Burges.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: On a brand new show today. If you miss any you know how to get it on the archives today.
Speaker 4: We'll let you have.
Speaker 3: Another unscreen phone calls probably before we're done today. Do you want to remind you that there is safe out there when it comes to security systems, and then there is simplysafe dot com slash big Vox. They are so far ahead of the competition. So let me tell you about a simply safe system. Most of the traditional systems, they're really designed to be reactive, not proactive. Something's happened. Oh no, we're sending you out of alarms. Hope you get it. Hey, I'm on a flight. Didn't get that, I'm in a meeting. I wanted the few people that actually turn my phone off in a meeting instead of constantly looking at it where everybody's trying to talk to me. So and you did not get the alert. It also depends on you to try to get law enforcement on the way. If an alarm doesn't go off in some loud siren mountain, who's going to hear that. But with simply Safe dot Com, Slash, Big Vox, the outdoor camera Series two and it Dance AI alerts, the US based live agents identify the threats immediately, and then they help deter them. I want you to picture this. You've got somebody on your property and you have a simply Safe system. So the AI technology with the outdoor cameras catches the person, a live human being then is alerted. That human being begins to interact with the intruder. What's your business here? What are you doing here? Law enforcement has been contacted, they are on the way. So it's one thing to have a security system that responds after there's been a break in. It's quite another to keep that break in from happening in the first place. Somebody say amen to that. So go to Simplysafe, dot Com, slash Big Vox and get fifty percent off. Fifty percent off right now. You can customize it online. They send it to you. You can install it yourself. If you can't, you might want to reach out to me. I'm a little handy.
Speaker 4: I might could help.
Speaker 3: But also there's a link at Rick burgershow dot com is no safe like simply safe dot com slash big vox. So someone just reminding us reminded us on text Nation. Look from all I can gather, Trace Atkins is doing great. But they said, if you remember a little concerning the last time he was on y'all show, you were interviewing him about a gig that he didn't know he had. Yeah, I remember, I forgot about it.
Speaker 4: I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: We were telling him about this place he was going to play and he goes, no, where's that? Well, you're playing there this weekend. You might want to check on it. Yeah, do you remember that?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 4: So that may be a little concerning, man, I get it. Adler. I know you're a Costco guy, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Uh? Huh speedy yep? Are you one? Are you dabble? No? I'm a member? Uh Terry is I mean? I go with her? Do you do you know how to operate it? The buggy around?
Speaker 6: And uh see if we always have the three hundred dollars challenge, can you get out of there under three hundred dollars and sadly we never win.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 4: So I thought this was supposed to be like a place you go to save money. Oh it is.
Speaker 6: I mean the lady's full. I mean right now, there's certain things that she loves to get from there. And it's not like every week, but we'll have Costco runs. Is that why you keep bringing us eleven hundred pretzels?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they they have specialty items. Ball Yeah right, thanks for the Thanks for the off brand frosted flakes. This is great. Thanks for a bag of them.
Speaker 6: And their marketing is just masterful because you know, they change where the items can be found. Normally, if it's in a certain area, they put it on the other side, so you have to walk around and find it, and you end up putting two or three extra things in the buggy on the w through that.
Speaker 3: Well, I will say this and speedy, this is what you're looking for. Adler's in it, probably more than will. Yeah, Adler seems a little more savvy with it. But I will say this.
Speaker 5: You go in for go in for a brisket, and I'll come out with an inflatable alligator water Slide's one hundred feet all I.
Speaker 4: Know, I know you and Brisket. It's concerning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have a Costco you might be eligible Calvin and Adler for a large payout after a multi million dollar email settlement with Costco shoppers.
Speaker 4: Is this one of them where there's so many people you get like a dollar and a half. That is correct, But Greg, this is not. This may get Speedy's attention here and addlers too. What is it? You may recover up to five hundred dollars? Oh, what the that's it? Okay, that's a little different than seventy five.
Speaker 6: Or are they saying that like profile information was taken or something for your count set up.
Speaker 3: However, the actual payout from the settlement is currently unknown. It will depend on the number of valid claims.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Costco has never has denied any wrongdoing, but they have agreed to pay fourteen million dollars.
Speaker 4: To settle the lawsuits.
Speaker 3: It says it looks like Washington residents whose email addresses are in Costco's records and receive promotional emails between June twenty twenty one and twenty twenty six maybe eligible to file acclaim.
Speaker 4: Looks like they've fault stuff on their emails, like specials and stuff. I know, like I do get emails from them.
Speaker 3: It looks like, yeah, they were sending commercial emails with deceptive subject lines. Oh boy, that created a false sense of urgency by advertising limited time offers. Now, the plaintiffs alleged the retailer intended to extend beyond the promotional period and they pretended it was about to end. Well that's pretty standard, though, I mean good. Is that upset people? I mean, I mean that's.
Speaker 5: You'll ever see, like the going out of business sale and the sign stays up for like two years.
Speaker 2: You're like, I thought you were going out of business.
Speaker 4: I'm don't call the name, but if you're from where I live, I think he's dead. That had a furniture store. Was We called it his annual going out of business. He was because every oh he was the first woman no payment for a year two, Yes he was. He was a furniture legend.
Speaker 22: Yes.
Speaker 3: And I worked as a young sales rep for him, and he could come up with some of the most masterful ways to go out of business.
Speaker 4: My favorite was his mud slide sale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he claimed the mud that it slid down behind his furniture store was gonna cause him to go out of business, and he also did one.
Speaker 4: The day of the sale if it rained over so many inches. Oh yeah, you went to what he did, he'd go buy event insurance yep. And that's part of it. If it rains that they pay it. Yeah, he was brilliant. Oh he was. He went out of business. He was out of business for I know, fifteen sixteen years. There's no telling how many times he went out of business. He never left, Yeah, he never left. Gosco owns Terry Lynn Wilburn. Really yeah, yeah, Well we've got some kind of membership where you can even go in before they open and like she'll go in by ourselves and by ourselves ship free. No, it's not, okay, that was privileges.
Speaker 1: It was the Rick Burchise Show, the Home of Great Purchase, America's Life Coach, The Rick Purchase Show.
Speaker 3: All right, So hanging out today been an active day already three and a half hours since some change in archives available later today Wednesday, Bible study back today.
Speaker 4: This will be the.
Speaker 3: Last one that we do live at noon Central one o'clock Eastern. We changed the starting time for the live option. So if you're a live option in person or you're in the room, make a note of that. Today's the last time we do it at this time. We'll be on vacation next week, so there'll be no Bible study next week. But two weeks from today we will return Lord Willing with the Bible Study. But it will air live and be done live at eleven am Central time noon Eastern time, so one hour back now, you archive folks, you're not really affected by that, so, but wanted to make you aware of that. In the room right now, part of the production team, yep, for the Are You Ready Tour? Taking notes thrown off a little bit by the puppet looking over here at the wheel.
Speaker 4: After the show today, big production meeting to put together a show so phenomenal. If you miss it, you were great for the rest of your life. Good.
Speaker 3: So the four dates coming up this fall. Keep checking on these theaters by the way. They're cutting deals and doing stuff because we want to try to fill these things up.
Speaker 4: Uh, and enjoy the tour.
Speaker 3: If you've already got your tickets, and I've heard from many of you who have looking forward to seeing all of you coming up this fall for the Are You Ready Tour? This show live on stage and then bringing back for a set of rock and roll the world's greatest garage man, mister Lucky, so visually and audibly it is going to be a lot of laughter and rock and roll and we can't wait, and I hope you'll join us.
Speaker 4: So something else I wanted to talk to you guys about it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I hate to bring it up.
Speaker 3: I've let days go by, I really have, because I know that you know, we try to let things cool. But somebody sent to us in the mail. We used it in the last Ride again with Greg Burgess, which by the way, Greg will play that live on stage on the Are You Tour? So that is it's so full of Andy Griffith facts that even Greg has looked at some of them said wow, I'm learning. So, as you know, at our house, my wife and I have decided we will watch every Andy Griffith episode from season one all the way through. I think there were eight seasons of his commitment. So so when that, when you walk that way, you begin to lose people. You know, we just lost Gomer.
Speaker 4: He's gone to the Marine ROUNDCRPS, which you got his own show, A little spin off, A little spin off there. It's a successful spin off very funny. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: I never saw him do anything the rest of his acting career, but that Sergeant Carter character. Yeah, it could not haircut everything phenomenal. But anyway, anyway, so have you ever not wish you had not been informed about something? Because now you that's all you can think about. You're like, I liked it better when I didn't know. So one of the things we found out in this book, and you can certainly research and find out is and I can't think of the actor's name that played Floyd the Barber.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Floyd the Barber.
Speaker 3: The actor had a stroke somewhere around season four three four, somewhere in there.
Speaker 2: Howard mcneer.
Speaker 4: Howard had a stroke.
Speaker 3: The producers of the show, Daisy Lou and Danny Thomas Productions and all them, they're like, he can't continue fun Andy defended him and said, I want him to stay on the show. But the stroke had left him with some paralysis on the left side of his body and he was unable to stand for long periods at a time. So Andy said, let's shoot this thing and let's be creative where he doesn't have to stand for hardly any amount of time.
Speaker 4: Well, now all I can see is Floyd seated all the time. That's all I can see. So now I'm in the Stroke years.
Speaker 3: And it's like like one time he's talking to Goober at Wally's and he's sitting in a chair out there, you know, talking to like he pulled a chair up. He's not in the front of the gas station. It's like something Goober's showing him. So now, yeah, and he's sitting. Now you've never noticed him sitting, but now you do it. But he wasn't ready for last night's episode, and I think I'm in season five. I think was not ready for or Don Rickles to play a traveling salesman.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that. Yeah, and so he and so he's out there at the car where Rickles character is selling stuff out of the back of the car and he's sitting in the trailer. Huh.
Speaker 3: And so now all I can get it all I can see, And now I find myself I'm not even listening to the storyline. I'm like, I think Flord was standing, you know, for a minute, but he's he'll if you notice now he never he never he's sitting.
Speaker 4: He's always think.
Speaker 5: That season five episode twenty nine, Don Rickles plays the salesman.
Speaker 4: Yes, he does so season five when he starts now, I think he starts sitting as early season four, he says, all through seasons and they tried to make him a auxiliary deputy or whatever, him and Gomer and all them. He was still standing then. Yeah, it's funny. Yeah, so he was still standing. You know, I wish I'd never know that. I never was standing. I never noticed how much he was seated. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm still trying to figure out how Barnie can date tell Mulou for five years and still have what I needed from the dinner on the side.
Speaker 4: How does he get away with that?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 4: And this thing they got with these women from Mount Pilot that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't don't hate the player, hate the game.
Speaker 3: Here, here's what I don't understand. Here's what I understand about you, honestly, how you can even watch it? Because I know how you are and I have a little bit of this, but I bet you have it more. Where I'm talking to Speedy when something could easily be resolved and nobody will resolve it, and these these women keep come into town and putting Barney and Andy and handles with Helen and thel Mulu. Just tell the Mount Pilot girls y'all aren't available. Just tell them you have girlfriends.
Speaker 6: But what wasn't part of the whatn't part of their characters? They wouldn't take no for an answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can.
Speaker 4: It's going to keep on being aggressive, they don't, right?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: Sure? Playing with the hair?
Speaker 2: Hair?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm into?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 16: Is it?
Speaker 4: I'm into?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm now counting.
Speaker 3: I've now counted two incidents that Andy asks like he's not gonna be sure if any more, and Barney gets his hopes up.
Speaker 4: First of all, Barne is not qualified. Okay, right, well, then what's this where Andy keeps threatening to move and take a job somewhere else? I know enough of that.
Speaker 3: All you told us about how much you love being in Mayberry and love being the sheriff. Now all of a sudden you ready to move off. One time he was gonna move to go into like South America with some company.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't know what to do. What are they eating, Paul? What are they eating South America?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna ask you to pull back on Andy Griffith and Handy Rick. Yeah, both yeah, you need to break a little bit. Do you all wish I hadn't told you about Floyd?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Now I'm a key on it, but yeah, I'm a speeder. You might need to put both those up for well. Great.
Speaker 3: Do you watch it episode by episode and walk through it. It's a different ride, it is, and you start, you start noticing things. You know what else you'll notice. Let's face it, we know what it's like. They didn't They don't have to do as many new shows as we do. They'll repeat a theme. Yeah, we already been here. Aunt Bee's already been made to feel like she's not needed enough times. And I got a fake in that the houses dirty?
Speaker 4: Yeah right? Yeah? And hey, and Clara, Clara, she'll say something that will upset aunt Bee. Sure, what year did they go? And being nearly busted? The marriage up with the egg and milk, our egg and buttergu remember that she pretended to have a boyfriend he was married. I'm reading here.
Speaker 5: Aunt Bee caused trouble behind the scenes too. You understand she was a handful of not a lot of fun to work with.
Speaker 2: She struggled. She struggled with yes, real Chevy Chase type of situation.
Speaker 3: You know, because she was a highly trained actress and felt like this was a little bit, a little bit beneath her, even though it thing anybody ever, sorry, thank you.
Speaker 4: And she was.
Speaker 5: She struggled with the fast paced demands of TV. Her co stars felt they had to tread lightly around her, and she she would take them to task if they had any kind of off color humor behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh good, thanks, bed went on there before her.
Speaker 5: She did call Griffith to apologize for being difficult on set, though a gesture he said he deeply appreciated.
Speaker 4: How about that? How about that?
Speaker 5: I'm not really familiar with the show, so I got to just read stuff off the internet and try to sound smart when I say it.
Speaker 4: Rick, when it keeps when you go to the next episode, do you fast forward through the whistling?
Speaker 3: I don't because it's not so short. I wish you would get back your short intros like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what year is?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 9: Dan?
Speaker 4: A whole lot to it? What they go color?
Speaker 3: I don't know, like watching probably kind of when it changed, No Warren, he was still black, a line with Warren's. When Barney left, I was done, Greg, Greg, I tried what season was that it's got to be seven. I'm going to say this. I'm going to say this. I know it's a bold statement. Oh I'm acknowledging it's a bold statement.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 5: Yes, season six, Now there's a there's a lot of episodes. There's one hundred and fifty nine through season five, season six through eight.
Speaker 2: Color. You're almost you're almost done with Black and White, Rick.
Speaker 4: And you know what is everything changes? Warren not on there yet?
Speaker 3: No listen you sure he didn't know about that? And I told her, I said, you know, we lose Barney if we continue. She goes, what what Barney? Barney's leaving? I said, Barney's leaving.
Speaker 4: He was the show man. And she goes. She goes, is there somebodys gonna try to fill in for Barney? I said, And you're not gonna like a Rick.
Speaker 2: You're on episode twenty nine. There's only thirty two episodes in season.
Speaker 4: Five, so I'm almost to color.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got am I about to lose? You got three more episodes of Barney and Black and Mine.
Speaker 3: When when's Barney leaving? I don't know when because I can't take Warren. And then Howard Sprague shows up he's not funny. I don't like him, so I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yes, Barney leaves. Barney five leaves the show at the end of season five.
Speaker 4: I've only got three episodes of Barney left. Yes, Rick, You're done. I enjoy it. Brother.
Speaker 3: I know it can be debated. I will put this out there. We got to go to break so everybody can resonate on it. Can we say that Barney five is the greatest sitcom TV character that has ever been creating? In my book, he is Yeah, has anybody touched there? Has anybody touched him? Uncle Jessey on Greg that don't do that. I even looked at the Seinfeld bunch and said, did any of them ever get there?
Speaker 4: They're close?
Speaker 5: Cramer, Kenny Powers from He's Bounding Down is pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: I've never I don't heard talking about it.
Speaker 2: I think when Barney did it and what he did at the time he did it, he is I think he.
Speaker 4: Is is Barney the Goat?
Speaker 2: I think he is there? We are doing it or Kenny Powers.
Speaker 4: One of the Extraine phone calls.
Speaker 1: Next, this is the Rick Burgess Show. It's time for the most dangerous ten minutes in radio. Unscreened phone call call, No what eight eight eight six big vox A make it calls.
Speaker 3: We're going all right, So here we go, unscreen phone calls. Hearing from you the audience, and you can you can reach us right now. We're rolling through them. Remember the things we always ask. Have a good signal, don't have that co chamber, listen to the radio or watching the.
Speaker 4: TV that's going That ain't gonna work.
Speaker 3: Be able to walk out a narrative, land that plane, and know how to be appropriate. So let's let's get started. And lines are feelings. If you want to a feeling, So if you want to join us, go ahead, eight eight eight the number six, Big vox. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Yes, don't forget about Tim conwa he was the greatest ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's not a sitcom. That was That was a variety show. Uh, not the same.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But if you want to go down that road and a lot of people are texting it, Lucille Ball, Yeah, I love Lucy really strong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ron Swanson strong, parking wreck. I didn't like Tim Conway. Is that short legged guy? Dof you? Didn't you didn't go with the door. You didn't a little silly didn't find that funny? No, I really didn't either, But I'm not surprised you didn't find it. That didn't surprise me. In the least show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, morning, guys.
Speaker 20: Hey, I would submit to you, guys, the greatest character and greatest show of all time would be Sanford and Son.
Speaker 5: Chris.
Speaker 4: That's a good one, Fred Sandford, Yeah one, yeah, Red Fox, Okay, Fred Sandford, I think can come to this table. Yes he can, I think absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: We might even let what was his sister in law? Oh yeah, he'd argue with what was her name? Had? And he he went, He went to war weather all the time. She caught him a weasel face fish. What about George on the Jeffersons, Yeah, that's another one.
Speaker 2: What about Beavis?
Speaker 4: Before you stand by, stand by Archie Bunker, Archie b number two. Let me tell you now, he made me number two behind Barney out of Seinfeld. Who would you go with? I love Constanzo. It's got to be It's gotta be Creeper creeper, Uh, Cramer, Kramer, Creeper, Cremer Jackson creeper Jackson Kramer was good. I mean the little stuff. The physical stuff he did was what's funny? When he'll come the stuff like when he was trying to carry that air condition around that parking.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 4: If you only have one, which one would it be? What's that? If only one character off Seinfeld? Which one? George? It's got me George, George Georgia's situations I can't get enough of. I mean, Lane's funny. You're not gonna You're not gonna beat marine biologists. I mean that kind of stuff. Yeah, he's just his arm injury. What are you gonna do that the rest of your life? Oh? No, I know him. This is nothing.
Speaker 1: That's nothing.
Speaker 4: Rick Burgess show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Hi, I'm just calling because I used to love the show groomer Pole and the actor that played him. Sure, And I heard y'all talking about don Nut, you know, being Barnie, and so I got me thinking about those shows, and I remembered him, so I wanted to mention him in there.
Speaker 4: Gomer Pole is a great character. He is, no doubt about it. Does it belong in the upper upper elite? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I am doing it.
Speaker 4: It's funny, that's him funny. Yeah, all right, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna bring I'm gonna bring something. It's not gonna be the one you think about. Gomber the character, not Jim Nighbors.
Speaker 4: They act. That's a different thing.
Speaker 3: But Gomer here's an issue I saw on Andy Griffith and I got I got him coming in way too hot, boy, are you? So we keep being showing the surprise that this country bumpkin can sing really well.
Speaker 4: Oh my, he sings.
Speaker 3: He sings that song in Latin when the choir is practicing and Barney thinks he's got the solo and they hear Gomer singing outside.
Speaker 4: But then when Gomer goes to the Marines, he comes in singing like a country bumpkin. Well, he's already been established that he can sing well. And then on my jersay, what did you start singing like this?
Speaker 3: I mean, we've heard you sing like a tenor, and I think later as Gomer Pyle, he sings good.
Speaker 4: That may be when he says, Papa, oh my, papa, So why are we singing like a hic for the one episode? For the one episode that seems that nobody catch that. Yeah, well it's funny what he's doing. Not a lot of us.
Speaker 3: But what is it that when we're shooting those movies and they said that there was a group that wanned everything to be what was it they make sure you had the same sort continuity. Where's the continuity person?
Speaker 4: Yeah he missed that.
Speaker 3: Did anybody ever go we We've had Barney, We've had I'm sorry, we've had Gomer singing like he should be touring with the tenors, and he does have a really good voice. We're gonna have him seem like a country bumpkin. Now that's inconsistent.
Speaker 4: Did nobody care? Then? Uh? We continue? Rick Birdess Show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 21: Go ahead, Hey guys, y'all know for U Seinfeld that y'all were talking about him carrying that air condition around in the garage. Yeah, Michael Richson, he insisted on carrying a real air condition in that box.
Speaker 3: Really it looked him. I wonder it looks so believable. Rick Birdess Show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 4: An unfortunate incident for about Gilligan. No, no, that's not a top Nightligan got on my nerves.
Speaker 2: Illigin was good, but every.
Speaker 4: Time they get rescued, he'd mess it up.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you how we get off this island. Somebody's got to kill Giligan. That's what I was doing.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't forget about Flipper.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what an actor. Flipper was forever taining what I found out what trainers do to get Why I found that out? That that that tainted that whole show. Yeah, Rick, I thought he love him boys.
Speaker 14: I was wrong.
Speaker 3: Don't mess that up. I was looking at six flax book the other day. What was the too Skipper and Dollar and Dolly and you're messing it up? Well, when you find that out, that explains that sound they make too. Rick Burgers show on screen phone calls.
Speaker 12: So I just wanted to let Greg know that, you know, I love fried chickens, and I love Apple fritters, and I to hate when they let the water Boys store touch down.
Speaker 4: There's your fans, Greg, Yeah, I don't know. Well, wow, Rick Birger's show unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, Hey, Rick, the people calling today are dryers and corn bread butter.
Speaker 2: They're drier than corn reador with my butter.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, right, okay, Greg, and you and you actually made this all really feel it since it sounds like you just had some corn bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, right. So so y'all thought you weren' gonna do people's horses anymore? You just did. He did it first and you joined? Did I do it first? Did you join him? I don't know. He's my running buddy on this. I just need to quit. Look into my leod. I need to focus right here on my do it every time people are saying ross from friends.
Speaker 5: No, oh, my goodness, Michael Scott from the office. Yeah, he's a contenders the time, John ritter Off Three's company.
Speaker 4: No, it's been so long. I can't remember it now. I love him and sling Blade. I know it wasn't the TV show, but his character.
Speaker 1: He was the Wick Burger's show. You better listen up.
Speaker 4: Now what we say, ass, I'm inna ten.
Speaker 2: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, broadcasting from the world The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, brand new hour. So, uh, we've covered a lot. Four hours have already been done today. Get set on your own time on the podcast or the YouTube channel. Uh, Speedy, Greg and Nadler are here as we move forward. We're thankful that you're here.
Speaker 4: Let's go, all right, So a couple of things to start out, the hour. So remember on yesterday's program, we brought up the story of Tony Romo. Oh wait just a minute, gym they're coming up. I'm gonna they're gonna blitz right your gym.
Speaker 3: So Tony Romo coming off the golf course. And I've told y'all this is one thing I tell you all. My golf's not a sport is that people can drink and still play it. That's what That's reason one of three. Of course, the other being is played in business casual and that fat people know. People still pretty good at it, so it requires incredible skill, but they give you access to alcohol and that shouldn't happen. Okay, Yeah, anybody ever seen a tap on the sideline a football game?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 3: Okay, anybody ever have a scantly clad women driving up to the football players during the game offer them drinks. Yes, not during the game, that's after the game.
Speaker 2: And John Daily, John Daily alone is not helping. The golf is for advocate people.
Speaker 4: Well, Romo was playing some sort ofelebrity pro am.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: He was talked to by police of being under the influence of alcohol to the point of being illegal. He would not take a sobriety test. And now the bodycam footage is out. Body cam's out.
Speaker 4: But oh good, he is. He is denying, I am not drunk. What you all drunk?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: Why would he not just take the sobriety test if you're not the side? How they get you? Well, or that's how they free you? And you and I remember an incident, it's also how they free you. That's true. I was free to go. Okay, all right, so amazing. That was not amazing. Okay, so uh well that was before Jesus. All right, so here it's four minutes long. But but we'll get to the meat of it.
Speaker 5: He's got it, I've got I got I got three moments I want to show. This is her approaching the car and giving her reason.
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 2: Female police officer.
Speaker 13: Fremtie Money Sheriff's office.
Speaker 4: How do you mean?
Speaker 13: I guess all right? Reason for my stop today?
Speaker 23: Reason for my stop today is the unsafe passing on the right, the lane aviation, unsafe.
Speaker 13: Passing on the right, cutting across the gore obviously up to the door. Yes, it's the marked area.
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 13: Where are you coming.
Speaker 4: From the golf course?
Speaker 2: I'm grandpa?
Speaker 13: Okay, ok right, I'll take a driver's license from you?
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 13: How many drinks have you had that you're coming from a golf course?
Speaker 23: ASCONSI state at okay, I'm.
Speaker 13: Gonna lady, use some fields field sobriety to Are you willing to take any good sobriety ties?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 13: Did I to step out of the vehicle hunting fields?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 13: Step out of the vehicle. Nope, step out of the vehicle.
Speaker 23: Watch ouch, right, So you're gonna step in front of my head, step in front of my vehicle.
Speaker 5: Step and now he's going to so that we all saw that if you couldn't hear that she had a speaker. She was telling him pull over. He's like, I'm sorry, I didn't even know you had a speaker. I'm gonna give you some frill field sobriety tests. Can I call my lawyer? No, you have to step out of the vehicle. They're on a bridge, So she's going to explain why they go to a second location here.
Speaker 13: That's going to be a even surface. Three other bridges.
Speaker 2: Turn around for me, yep, cuffs it, so step and.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: All right, So that was the reason and that's why he's cuffed. Initially, he has not taken the test yet. Now this is the moment, y'all. He warms up for the field sobriety test. He's stretching.
Speaker 4: Anybody's played around the golf and getting the car. You know, you tight.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that he's getting.
Speaker 4: Up to this point.
Speaker 6: I don't see anything wrong with him up to this point. Now I don't know how he does. Does he seem like he's drunk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a second male officer at that last location that said he smelled it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so that alone got him, and so he may have dealt it. He is warming up on the police car. Guys, he's stretching his hips on the police cruisers.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't have to do the same thing. I mean, I got enough foot problems. I couldn't do it even, I mean, ain't no way I could do it. And is he doing an air squad?
Speaker 2: He's sewing the old hip what does they called windmills or whatever with the hips.
Speaker 4: Oh that's great, that's.
Speaker 2: Good, Rick, all right. And she's gonna ask him a question.
Speaker 4: Greg found it by the way, I saw you try it over there. Have you been drinking?
Speaker 2: Not today?
Speaker 5: She's gonna ask him a question and it is hilarious. Okay, stretching, getting loose, all right, getting stretching here.
Speaker 4: The first time they've saying that.
Speaker 23: Yeah right, I think any head injuries, excuse me, any had injuries recently?
Speaker 13: Any concussions?
Speaker 2: He's laughing, I've had many, well, I was the quarterback for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yes, but not recently?
Speaker 2: Okay, any injuries, any concussions? And he's just like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: He goes over the years, Yet at what point he can't believe she doesn't know who he is? And this is, by the way, her husband or boyfriend's fault. She should know who this is. Sure, you know, and you know pack some of the other cops. Did you see what them kind of grinning.
Speaker 2: Yo, She asked if he had ever had any concussions. He couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: By the way, does he look a little bit like he and Lane Kiffin are wearing the same hairstyle?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, back to his hips. You have.
Speaker 13: Excuse me, And he had injuries recently? Any concutious?
Speaker 4: I didn't realize he had underwey Greg over the years, yes, but not recently. We're good, We're good, We're good.
Speaker 2: You are about to take the test. You stretching, stretching a mountain climber.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's an athlete.
Speaker 6: Guys, he had slides on Rick, Okay, not if you play for Colorado?
Speaker 4: Is not looking good?
Speaker 16: P What is that.
Speaker 13: Machine that you've blown? It does not determine the results of.
Speaker 4: God not doing that?
Speaker 2: He did not doing that?
Speaker 4: Is that when you deny it? Is that when they arrest you. Yeah? If you default, yeah, they go to positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If you deny the field sobriety test.
Speaker 4: Then hipting, my hand is up. She says. The breathalyzer is not gonna determine what he interrupt hers. I didn't hear what she was saying. Is she trying to say, this is not gonna tell us what? What was What was your comment about the breathalyzer?
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean you necessarily failed the field sobriety test.
Speaker 4: Yes, maybe that's what she said.
Speaker 5: What is that.
Speaker 13: Machine that you've borne? A pred It does not determine.
Speaker 4: The results of We're not doing that, is what she's sayings, don't ever do that?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 4: Test.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't.
Speaker 16: Can use my phone real quick because there's a plane taking off.
Speaker 13: Okay, I'm not gonna make the plane.
Speaker 4: Jim A bad day, that said, Well, it's a bad day right there, Tony rough day. Only worse I've seen him do is that fumbling the playoffs that time in the semi final right there holding the Yeah, so that's you know why I was drinking thinking about it. But look at the different levels. If you have that type of fumble, you're just drunk leaving a golf course. If you do a butt fumble, look what it did to Mark San Yeah, he lost his mind going off Tony in your picture there at the bottom, you know it not Yeah, I'm going to jail Jim.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but when she asked you have any have you had any head injuries? Head injuries or concussions, and he just kind of pauses.
Speaker 5: The people are then splicing in every sack every time on the ground.
Speaker 4: I'm going to the stony, lonesome Jim.
Speaker 2: September twenty first, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burtish Show. Big Bucks Outdoors a grip feed have now created the ultimate off season feed. Now is the time to grow bigger bucks and healthier deer for next hunting season. Get Burgess Blend now by going to Rick burgesshow dot com. The dear well, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're loving it. We're loving it at Burgess Farms. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: And if you're not using that supplemental feed this season, take a look at it. Burgess Flenn now available.
Speaker 4: We also have ricks mixed for in season with Grip Feed and Big Box Outdoors. I find it at the bottom of the page.
Speaker 3: They can ship it right to you, or you can find a retailer that's selling it and go grab it for your hunting land and get ready to see a healthier, more impressive deer herd. Let me talk to you about an ise you that may not be a lot of fun to talk about, but have you gotten to the point where you are someone you love? A traditional step over tub may now be a potential hazard. If that is the case, I've got the answer is safe step walk in tubs. Wonderful people and they can take your existing bathtub and they can transform it into a safe step walk in tub. Really, it can go from being an area of concern to being a calmon refuge as it was intended. The number to call is one eight hundred nine five six, twelve twenty. These are wonderful people, and we're gonna save you at least two thousand dollars as a fan of the show. We're gonna also get you a free toilet as well, so that'll get replaced. So and maybe in that case you have a traditional toilet that's lowered to the ground. If somebody's struggling with a traditional tub, they probably need an elevated toilet as well. And they're going to give you a toilet for free. So so go right now and call them one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty for Safe Step Walk in Tubs one eight hundred ninety five six twelve twenty, save two thousand dollars at least and get a free toilet as well. That link can also be found where that phone number is at Rick burgesshow dot com right there under the sponsor's button.
Speaker 4: Before we move on, we certainly aren't judging jury. We're not judge and jury.
Speaker 3: Do you believe that Tony Romo was under the influence of alcohol to a point of illegal speeding.
Speaker 6: From what we From what I saw, I don't know it. He didn't seem like he was stumbling around and slurred speech. I don't know, but like you're saying, it's it's tough to tell just off this footage, and we might be way out out of bounds here on law enforcement.
Speaker 4: Go oh no he was or whatever, But it.
Speaker 6: Just seems like he he seemed okay, he was commudicating, very calmly, and you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's you know, do you think you did?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know him well enough to know if that's how he looks when I'm tired from playing golf all day, being out and the sign because he had that look.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think that because I mean, the legal alcohol limit is point zero eight, and that is that's low.
Speaker 2: That takes like one and a half drinks. It doesn't take two drinks. It takes one and a half, and.
Speaker 4: All fairness for your size. You may be right, right, okay, but great point right, just saying.
Speaker 5: Even pony a little pony beer, right right, So I do think he was probably over point oh eight.
Speaker 4: I don't know it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he was a danger to others.
Speaker 5: And I do think unless unless there's like a test that we didn't see something like that I think his lawyers may be able to get him offer this.
Speaker 4: I think you're right. Yeah, So here's what we know.
Speaker 3: Because if you have not been drinking at all, to Adler's point, you'll take every test they want to do. Let me go ahead, I mean, because you know what, You're gonna be fine. So we know he must have drank to some degree because he's worried that the breath of lizer could could somehow do damage to it. So to me, when he's first talking to the officer, there's I think what she was talking about, Greg, there's this weird awkwardness and it's almost like he keeps waiting for her to recognize him or when she sees his name, know who he is, because he's almost like holding back a laugh. It looks like for a minute, almost a little bit.
Speaker 4: And he don't want to do that, you know who. I am right, No, we've seen that before. But so I don't know. I mean, we will see. But I'm with all of you.
Speaker 3: I think he's done legally what he needs to do that probably puts him in a position to not be charged with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Point oh eight said it says here it sounds low, but it actually measures the impairment level, which is the most important thing about the whole Situation's right? And you know so she said he crossed a double line like a.
Speaker 4: Is that what it was? As he was merging on you know, you had the section you're not supposed to get over to you it gets to the broken line. Oh yeah, as you merged he cut through the he got over too early. Yeah. I think that's what she was talking because she used the word for and he said, now what is that?
Speaker 3: Like's where he's trying to get to the airport to meet you know, with the stripes in and all that.
Speaker 4: You know, don't you're supposed to watch it all.
Speaker 17: The way A lot.
Speaker 4: I know, we're supposed to walk it all the way to the end. We're supposed to, are you seriously? Even if I'm clear, or maybe she just suspected it from the other thing, And when he did that, she goes, okay, now I can adler. You mentioned an officer saying he smelled it on him. Is that is that right?
Speaker 2: Part of the group, Yeah, that's what I understand.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, but he wasn't playing.
Speaker 6: Now it's my understanding, and we actually have less of golf in here, But he wasn't playing in a program. He was actually playing in a tournament, right, hadn't he been getting in different tournaments?
Speaker 4: Yes, a player.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I mean, I don't know that he would be drinking if he's in an official tournament.
Speaker 4: Now again, defender, he might have been hanging out in the club, could be. Yeah. Did he have the right to call this lawyer? And she seemed to be denying him that.
Speaker 2: I think in that moment, I don't think you. I don't think you do.
Speaker 4: Right then, it's almost like we arrest you. You're going to get a call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you can call later, and you have a right to remain silent.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I guess you can't in that moment say no, I'm calling my lawyer first. No, you're getting out of the car first.
Speaker 2: Evidently.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And sadly, somebody even said he might be he might be a good drunk, and I hate I mean, where he might know how to carry himself after he's been drinking. But I don't know it just from what I saw, I couldn't tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've I've been around a lot of people, you know, in a different day that were drinkers that rank on a regular basis and you couldn't tell they were drunk. Yeah, I mean as far as them talking to you and all that that they could get through a conversation. I think some of us think when someone's had too much, the legal too much. Dadler's point, which isn't as that much because as you said again and supported what he said, it's about whether you're impaired or not. And it didn't take much for you to be impaired. And but but some people can care. Yeah, we always think if somebody's drunk there can be slurring. Let me tell you something. If you've ever been around a full blown alcoholic, a functioning alcoholic, you have no idea. Yeah, I mean, you know, they need it for their nerves to come and to be able to function. But they'll be as drunk as they can be and you can't tell it.
Speaker 4: Now. I'm not saying he's an alcoholic, but I'm just saying if.
Speaker 3: Somebody, you know, if somebody's drunk something that's close to the legal limit and they're a little bit over, they can function like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, police say, yeah, so I was reading police say.
Speaker 5: Roma was arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated, so.
Speaker 2: His red glassy eyes and the odor of an intoxing alcoholic beverage.
Speaker 5: This is his first offense, so it's not even a criminal, uh defense, it's a traffic citation at this point.
Speaker 4: So of course from there you going. When a cuffey and stuff you, that's a big traffic.
Speaker 2: It feels criminally feels it just feels So why do I feel like a criminal?
Speaker 4: It feels so serious?
Speaker 2: Aund this doesn't feel like a ticket.
Speaker 4: That is a good lesson on minding the cop and doing what they say.
Speaker 2: True, he handled it well, he did, he did, he kept his calm.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back there.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Don't forget the When Today Bible Study today at noon Central Time on the Rick Burgess Show YouTube.
Speaker 4: Channel YEP, it'll be live there for the last time on that particular schedule. Two weeks from today.
Speaker 3: The Wednesday Bible Study Lord Willing will continue, but it will be airing live an hour earlier eleven Central time, but not today today the normal time noon Central one o'clock Eastern. Okay, so we've been paying attention to Fauci's hearing today it's turned out to be nothing. I'm gonna take the fifth, just keeps repeating this is all antidotal, so we're wow.
Speaker 4: So he is taking the fifth, So I guess this is just another It.
Speaker 3: Means I'm guilty, right, So, ad, before we play the past clip, do you want to get an update on what's happening now or doing reverse?
Speaker 4: You want to play the past clip first then the new stuff? Sure? Whatever? Do you whatever you want? So let's go back in time.
Speaker 3: Okay, First, you had an American citizen that refused to get the COVID vaccine, and while he was refusing to do it, he called out Fauci right to his face on camera.
Speaker 4: Does somebody remember that?
Speaker 2: Yes, this guy was so ahead of things. I'm like, I want to hang out.
Speaker 4: With this dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's somebody that was wise enough to tell Fauci to him face to his face.
Speaker 5: This is this is all trouble, and Fauci and PBS were going door to door pressuring people to get the vaccine.
Speaker 24: People in America are not settled with the information that's been given to us right now. So I'm not going to be lining up taking a shot on a vaccination for something that wasn't clear in the first place, and then you all create a shot in miraculous time.
Speaker 4: It takes years to create back to this.
Speaker 2: Well, it used to take years.
Speaker 22: Okay, you know how you know how many years were invested in this in this approach, about twenty years of science to get us to.
Speaker 24: Be wanting to do enough, and nine months is definitely not enough for nobody to be taking no vaccination that you all came up with.
Speaker 13: The only reason I'm talking to you right now as close as we.
Speaker 2: Are, is that I've been vaccinated.
Speaker 23: Okay, But if it allowed thousands of people like you don't get vaccinated, you're gonna let this virus continue to percolate in this country and in this something like the common flu.
Speaker 1: Then right, it's much more serious than the flu.
Speaker 4: Well, the flu kills a lot of people, ain't you.
Speaker 22: Know how many people died of the flu the last year, I mean not this year, virtually none, but the previous year, the.
Speaker 14: Twenty to thirty thousand.
Speaker 22: You know how many people have died from COVID nineteen in the United States, six hundred thousand Americans.
Speaker 24: Well, Well, that well, the number that you all given that died, that's that's once again that's you all numbers.
Speaker 2: I love that guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two year about you go, you know, I mean, virtually none have died from the flu this year.
Speaker 2: To quote people, what happened to the flu? The flu go on vacation? Why is it? Why is it zero missed? The worldwide gets on a podcast, He's like, what happened with flu? Flu? Go on vacation. They were attributing all of that to COVID.
Speaker 4: So not only that, but we heard stories from the medical field about someone sadly had a car wreck where they passed away, but they had COVID when they died, so they classified it.
Speaker 2: As code with COVID versus from COVID.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's how they got to that number.
Speaker 2: And then Fauci lied about having a pulmonary infarction a blood clot in his lung five months after getting the vaccine.
Speaker 5: Fauci lied about that time. And we know that now because of these diaries that have leaked. Do y'all want Fauci's basically sent statement from the hearings.
Speaker 4: Today and they say, he just keeps reading this over and over.
Speaker 22: Yes, that's not therefore, although it pains me to do so because of the respect to the legislative branch of government, and my decades long record of cooperating with Congress. Under the advice of my attorneys, I will invoke my under the fifth Amendment of the Constitution to refrain from answering your questions.
Speaker 5: I flee the Fifth This was this was such a great moment here from Rand Paul talking about the loss of trust that will be your legacy.
Speaker 19: Fact He's cannot be questioned because questioning them would undermine public trust.
Speaker 4: They have it backwards.
Speaker 19: It is secrecy that destroys trust. It is arrogance that destroys trust. It is censorship that destroys trust. And it is the refusal to admit error that destroys trust. That loss of trust may be your most damaging legacy. Trust can't be ordered, It has to be earned. No scientist is above scrutiny, no government official is beyond accountability, and no public servant has the right to treat the suffering of millions of Americans as a footnote to his preferred version of history.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So wow, this was a moment where uh Rand Paul asks him to look at the folder in front of him.
Speaker 2: Is there a folder in front of you? Answer that question.
Speaker 19: In The red folder on your table is a copy of section one nine to two of Title two of the US Code. Your Council has been provided a copy as well. That section makes it a crime for a witness appearing under subpoena to refuse to answer any questions pertinent to the question under inquiry, do you have that in front of you?
Speaker 22: On the advice of Council, I respectfully decline to answer it based upon my rights under the Fifth Amendment the Constitution.
Speaker 19: Let the record record that the witness has refused to answer whether there's a folder in front of him based on his Fifth Amendment.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, what a joke. Look, the jury is already in. We can go through all this.
Speaker 3: I know everybody wants him to be punished for his role in all the deception and ridiculous things that he was part of. It's never going to happen. But what we can do, it doesn't matter. We all have the information now. We now know that things you weren't allowed to say, an overwhelming majority of them, were absolutely valid concerns and were true. Things we were told about the virus that were completely not true. Things we were told about spacing and shutting down businesses, and destroying people's livelihood.
Speaker 4: Were not necessary.
Speaker 3: What we've done to our children and what they and how stunted their education is small children went through. This is not up for debate. And the list goes on and on. The damage that was done by the way this was handled, and mainly due to deception. Remember go back to the Phillip Morris Foundation and the other cancer I mean the shoot Freudian slipped there.
Speaker 4: The cigarette companies.
Speaker 3: The way when they finally got them was not that cigarettes were dangerous, is that they knew they were dangerous. They had the information and they withheld it and they pretended not to know it. That's what That's what caused all the payouts from the tobacco companies. We already know this happened with the vaccine. This happened with the virus. And so that's good enough. Even if we can't punish I know, we all want that Fauci for his role. The worst thing we could do this worse than Fauci never being held accountable, is for us to not learn from it. And we have to learn from it, and we can never be taken there and deceived again like this. That's what we got to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as far as any repercussions for Fauci. Rand Paul has just testified, and today I deny your assertion of privilege. This despite the existence of the pardon. I deny that you have that privilege to stay, to stay silent. Nonetheless, you refuse to stand and answer you have been directed to answer. It is against the law to obstruct an investigation of Congress. There will be repercussions to your refusal.
Speaker 2: To testify today. That is rand Paul's stance on Fauci pleading the fifth.
Speaker 3: We'll see, We'll see somebody saying, wasn't there a rickenbw University podcast supporting the I don't think it's m m A, it's m r n A right vaccines.
Speaker 4: There probably was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we interviewed I don't think you would have heard Bubba and I saying that because neither one of us took the vaccine and refused to. But yes, we interviewed medical people that were reading the lines that everybody else was. We didn't know any different than I mean, I told you all one of the really goofy moments in Bubba and both of us, we had the same doctor who we have respect for, who when I got COVID, and I only had it once that I know of, and I caught it from my son who came home to visit for Thanksgiving from New York. And I didn't have any issue with it, Praise God. It was a very very minor deal. And so when I talked to my doctor, he told me that I did not need to take the vaccine, that I now had natural immunity that far exceeds anything this vaccine could do, and they were even seeing that T cells were being produced, which is long term immunity, and this is good news.
Speaker 4: I remember hanging up thinking, well that's good news.
Speaker 3: Well, not too long after, and I think Bubba had a very similar situation, if not exact, the same doctor called me and told me to come take the vaccine, and I said, but that's not what you just said a few weeks ago. Well, I'm just telling you that you you need to come. I'm to take the vaccine. But you said that I have immunity. Well, this will give you even a stronger immunity. And I said, that's not what you said a few weeks ago. And I knew then that he was being forced to call me by whoever was above him. That ran the medical chain that he was part of. You know, these big corporations are buying them all up. Now get everybody in for the vaccine. And I knew then because I said, well, I'm going to refuse to do that, but I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: He said, that's fine, you have the right to do that. And I knew then.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, Now everybody's reading off cards and this has become becoming agenda driven, not science driven. And then, of course we don't that's not a speculation because we were told that if you got the vaccine that you would be not be able to catch it or pass it. When we had people who did the m or in a research on YouTube before YouTube banned them from YouTube, saying, once this mutates, this vaccine is useless. It's only designed for the first mutee of it, or the first form of it. And they were they were silenced, and they kept on giving people this vaccine after it mutated. And so we we know that all this happened. We know there's been insults from the vaccine. There's a there's a whole nother medical field created now that does nothing but treat people for side effects from the vaccine. I mean, that's that's the only patients they they have so many, it's all they do now and then long COVID also is another thing they deal with.
Speaker 4: So we we know the truth. Now, if you want somebody to be held accountable, I totally get that. But we know the truth.
Speaker 3: The jury is already in on how deceptive all this was and agenda driven and uh and we just can never let it happen again.
Speaker 4: And uh and we do have that power.
Speaker 3: But at the time we were scared and lots of it. You didn't know any difference for the longest you thought they were looking after you.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burtish. Oh did you miss part of the show today? Catch the entire show on your own time by going to our YouTube or podcast channel for the day's show archive. Find them both at Rick bergershow dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, wrapping up this hour and for most of you the day, we've done five hours now once this segment is over. So you heard Ken Osborn remind you about the podcast archive. So we've got a production meeting coming up here in real time as we begin to put together and block the are you ready tour from the major part of it, which is going to be the comedy. We showed you some shots yesterday of the latter part of the of the show, which will be the World's Greatest garage Man in concert.
Speaker 4: So we're about to have that meeting. And you know, throughout the show today, not one time that I grab for Handy Rick. You've looked at him. And and now since they've seen him, we have to discuss whether Handy Rick should be in the show or not.
Speaker 6: Uh So, I was just on the table now if we could find a bigger Handy Rick. Mm hmm, I need a bigger one, bigger one, so that I didn't expect that question. I mean, he's been in the drawer in my office for like fifteen sixteen years.
Speaker 4: Thanks great, Thanks for that. Yeah, it's been there, which is amazing. So and then what do we do with Handy Rick? This was almost we all know that to some degree, not every degree, you're a better you.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things about you that are so much better than Donald Trump. But there's a little bit of you and Trump.
Speaker 4: And have you speedy? Have you seen this with Lindsay Graham's funeral? Oh? Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: Our Trump has told us about it, told me about Greg. So he's supposed to be eulogizing Lindsey Gram. Well, what a eulogy it was, and so oh it's everything you think. Oh yeah, so he's gonna start reading something that everybody liked Lindsey Graham and then then that's it's just like Hairstrong.
Speaker 4: It's really awkward. He did things got in Washington.
Speaker 10: Virtually everyone Republican or Democrat liked Lindsay well not everybody, no.
Speaker 4: Boy, but it sounds good. Not everybody. He was a tough cookie. Okay, I have to be I have to veer from this versat. He was a tough cookie, darling, but he was beautiful. At one point, he goes he was a hog. He never saw war. He didn't like hit that in there, Yes, what about virtually everybody like I don't know about that, but I don't know about that. Everybody didn't like him, uh it warhol he's a war war didn't like. Oh my God, like that here it is? Think I found it? Oh no, come on, le back it up. Lindsey Graham believed in a strong America. Wanted a strong America.
Speaker 10: He had unwavering faith in the righteousness of American power.
Speaker 4: And prayer. He was extremely hawkish. I will tell you he never saw a war that he didn't like. Only his true friends would understand that. But he wanted it for the good of our country. Speedy, don't.
Speaker 2: Stop face palming.
Speaker 4: I don't know why y'all do that. He saved it and when he gets off script.
Speaker 6: But you know, in the beginning they did kind of butt heads a little bit from what I hear, and then they became very good friends.
Speaker 4: And Trump ran the first time. Yeah, oh, Lindsey Grahamsy there's quotes from him saying it'll be the end of the Republican Party if they if they nominate Trump. No, but somebody from the inside said, look, when Trump has a point of view, or he's in a meeting and he's talking, I mean, you don't interrupt or whatever. They said.
Speaker 6: Lindsay would jump in and and and you know, debate him and and I think they clashed it first, but then they became good friends. So much so they said if other GOP leaders needed to get a message to Trump, they would call Lindsay to get it to him.
Speaker 5: And they became golfing buddies. Yeah, from what I understand, golfing pretty much every weekend.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you what the story.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just repeating what someone that knows. Now, what are we easy and about? Quit looking at handy, Rick, No, I'm just saying. I'm just saying that and and this. It's what I'm just saying. There's no reason to say it. Okay, So you can be friends. You can't, Oh, Rick, No, why I ain't helping. Just let's go to this. He didn't have to address his wife and kids.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 4: The world home, right people. Not everybody liked him on the scrip a little bit, but you hear the laughter. Yeah, fine, No, No, we have a comedian as a president. We just telling you.
Speaker 2: Okay, you'll want to see him pat the casket on his way out.
Speaker 4: So this is what these are clipps. Who's that father? Okay? And b Haig please guys.
Speaker 2: He added it like a dog.
Speaker 4: That was That was almost like he was doing that was a gesture of endearment. Yeah. First thing that the vice president told him was good job. Look, he goes sits down beside the the vice president. What do you think he's going?
Speaker 22: Right?
Speaker 4: You don't tell Trump bad job. I'll tell you that you'll find is this what what? What kind of what kind of church are we at here? I don't know. I'm gonna guess this was our segment on No, I know, I just what.
Speaker 2: Good It was at the Washington National because.
Speaker 4: Cathedral some made up something in Washington, d C.
Speaker 5: The subsequent services took place at First Baptist Church of Columbiana in South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Wow, let's have something about that, Greg, he will give him an Mississippi Now that's.
Speaker 2: Lindsey Graham took care of his sister.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did. That was a very honorable thing that, amen. His sister took what was wrong with his sister? Did one? Sisters took over his Senate seat?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah? How about that?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think they believe, I believe they lost their parents at a very early age. So he kind of helped, uh raised he.
Speaker 4: Raised that, That's right. I don't we don't know, Lindsay Graham, right, something that we don't know. I don't know why she would get a seed. That was his final records? Can you just did they did? So I can just say I want my baby brother Greg to take my sentence. See if I want a least if I had one, Greg I want you to hear this in front of everybody. I will give you that thank you that'd be in my paperwork. Upset our sister a little bit, but I don't think you can handle it.
Speaker 22: I'll have it.
Speaker 4: Just leave it to man.
Speaker 6: She wouldn't want to handle it, you know, she wouldn't just stay far away from you all two.
Speaker 4: That's a good well say. That show is how smart she is.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.