Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to beat your Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Joe and I'm Serena, and we.
Speaker 1: Are here with our newest bachelor at Jen. Does that feel weird?
Speaker 3: It feels so weird. That's really going to take a lot of getting used to.
Speaker 1: Are you excited?
Speaker 3: Am I excited? Yes? I'm so freaking excited. I'm also really freaking nervous because it starts so soon, But no, I just can't wait to have some fun with this.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have so much fun. I can't believe the turnover time between like today and you starting to film your season.
Speaker 3: Not a busy, busy, busy schedule. But I'm literally so excited. I'm so excited to meet the men and I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Are you nervous about anything?
Speaker 3: Not really, Maybe like some speeches. I'm not a great speech giver, but we'll have to work on that. But other than that, no, I'm really just excited to see what these men look like and what their personalities are.
Speaker 2: Well, we know that you said that your type is like Italian boys. Do you think we're gonna see a lot of Italian boys?
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe sprinkle a few in there, But like I'm not constricted to one type. You know, I honestly feel like, at the end of the day, it's personality for me. And like I said, like it's about the banter and if you can banter with me, like we're gonna have an amazing time together and it doesn't really matter what you look like. But yeah, I'm so excited to explore all different kinds of options, Like this is the time to explore.
Speaker 1: This would be the weirdest show if it was you and just a bunch of Italian men thirty thirty Italian men thirty A crazy show. I feel like, so do you are you going? And do you have I mean this was you know, I'm assuming quick because you know that. I feel like they always wait last minute to figure out who they want to be the bachelorette. But do you have a game plan?
Speaker 3: No, I know, tell me what to do? No, I really just think I'm gonna be myself and see what freaking happens. I think the beauty in it is that I know I'm gonna make mistakes, Like I know I'm gonna like map up. I'm no, I know I'm gonna like do something crazy. But I feel like that's the beauty it, and I feel like that's the realness in it, well, in it all, because no one's gonna do it perfectly, and nobody's a perfect love story. And honestly, I'm excited to mess up. I'm excited to see the crazy messiness of it.
Speaker 2: And the thing too, is like when you mess up, that's going to show like the guys that are really there for you and like you're really compatible with and like I feel like it's always the messiest moments on the show that bring out like the best moments as well.
Speaker 3: I kind of agree, because you want to partner that's gonna be with you through the messy moments too, Like you don't want a partner who's only there for the good moments, and like nobody only has good moments, So I totally agree. I think you know, the person who's gonna stick through me through all the craziness is like gonna be the person I know.
Speaker 2: You say you're looking for a big personality tonight, But what else are you looking for?
Speaker 3: Like I said, the cheeky bans are, I'm looking for kindness obviously. I think that's so so important, Like I always say, like it really shows how you treat like the server at the rushaurant and stuff like that, Like little things like that really do matter to me. I'm also looking for someone who's really open minded. You know, I am Asian and employe one hundred percent Asian, and I think that's something that is going to be talked about as well, and so I need someone who's open minded about that and the conversations that are going to surround all of that. And yeah, someone I want someone who's dedicated. I want someone who's gonna put in the effort. Yeah, I feel like I did a lot of the toxic men and a lot of men who just like don't put in the effort, like like me for the first five seconds and then like string me along. But that's what I want anymore. I want someone who's really going to be committed, you know, someone who's looking for something serious. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask, how how does it feel to be the first Asian bachelorette.
Speaker 3: It's really it's it's insane to think about, but honestly, like, I'm so honored and I'm so grateful for this opportunity, like to be the first ancient Asian bachelrette of the franchise's historical and it feels monumental, and you know, like I said tonight, like I grew up not seeing a lot of Asian representation on TV, and I felt constricted in what I could do because of that. And you know, I called my cousin when I found out. She's twelve years old, and she like sobbed when I told her I was gonna be the first Ancian Bachelor, and I was, wait, second, are you are you upset? Like are you happy? Like I don't know, and she was like, I know, I'm really happy. And I feel like that was kind of the moment where I was like, this is a lot bigger than just me, Like this is going to be huge for a lot of different people, and especially for my cousin and other little girls out there, like who are going to be looking up to me? Looking up to all of this being like, you know, I see myself in her, Like I can do that too. I can find my love story. I can be the main character of my own story. And I think that's really special and important to talk about and to think about. And I just hope I do it right. I hope I don't mind. I hope I'm not like crazy about it, but yeah, it's a lot bigger than who I am. And the thing that I'm thinking about the most going into this is that I just want to break the mold of what people think like the perfect bachelrette will be, the perfect person will be, you know, And I think I break that mold in a lot of different ways. And I think that, you know, I'm going to be able to relate to a lot of different people, a lot of young women out there who are like, you know, I don't fit that mold, but I see myself in Jam. I see myself in that role, and now I feel like I can do anything. So I really feel like this position is a lot bigger than myself for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you tell us and our listeners more like you're the first Asian bachelrette, but like what is your background? And like what are maybe some aspects of your background your culture that you're excited to share with these men in the audience this season.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's so much. So. I am one hundred percent Vietnmese. Both parents immigrated over here from Vietnam and the form the nineteen eighties, and then they had me shortly after that and I think like based on like traditions and culture and stuff like that. It's like hard to think about when you're in the spot, but you know we are. We do come from a Buddhist family, so we we have a different New Year's than usual people have New Years like I think usual people have New Years like Jennifers. We have New Years like in February, and we do like a whole big prior setting and all the things for that. And then there's also like the crazy foods that we have, all the different foods and other cultural elements to that, which I'm so excited to talk more about, and I'm excited to showcase that. You know, when they are able to meet my family, I think that's going to be such so telling for like how like my family dynamic is and how different it is from what you would usually see on screen. And I think that's going to be something that a lot of people can relate to and are going to be so happy to see that dynamic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that you are nervous about the potential of bringing Joey home to your family this season, and I know you just said you know, we're obviously going to see them because you are the bachelorette. How is your family feeling about this announcement about potentially being part of your journey and what are they kind of hoping for and the guy that you bring home? Sorry three part.
Speaker 3: Question from my relief, they're honestly so freaking excited for this, And I feel like, like I said, like my mom and I's relationship has really changed throughout the show because she really can see me as my person now, like finding love and all this stuff, Like she wants the absolute best for me, and you know, she says, like, if you're happy, I'm happy. So like I'm obviously very happy about all everything that's happening, and she's so happy for me. She's so proud of me. She sees the way I carry myself on screen. She's just so excited for a whole season of it, obviously, But you know, her first concern was like, you know, like I'm scared, like I don't want you to get hurt, you know. And so she's still coming from that motherly standpoint of like she wants me to find the best person for me, and you can bat that she's gonna be kind of a crazy, not a crazy, but she's gonna be you know, harsh at hometowns because she wants me to find the best person there is for me, and she know, you know, she wants me to find someone who's gonna love me more than she loves her. She keeps saying she loves me, she keeps saying. So, you know, I'm just so incredibly happy to have the support of both my mom and my brother throughout this whole thing, and they're just so excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's yeah, it's it's huge. It's like an awesome thing. And like I for your family to be able to watch and see your journey is incredible. You mentioned like, you know, you don't want a guy that's rude to a server, and nobody should because those people are the worst. But what are some deal breakers you think a guy could do night one that you're like, he's gotta.
Speaker 3: Go chewing with her mouth open?
Speaker 1: Okay, what if he's what if he's he's the most handsome guy in the world and he's really nice, but he's just he's doing a cookie with his mouth open. Are you gonna cut him? The best looking guy in the house.
Speaker 2: I feel like what you mean, would your mouth open? Is more like manners, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, but to that agree if he is truly the hottest man in the house, you know what, I'll give some meanings. Maybe I'll tell me what your little mouth we're doing, you know, like, let's work on that. I feel like that that's something that maybe can be worked on. But if he's resistant to it, if he's like no, like.
Speaker 2: I love to let with my mouth open, and that's gonna be maybe a bit, there's a few other problems. If that's one of his favorite things to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna think that that's a little weird. Yeah no, But you know, I'm not like, I'm not like a stretch like you have to do this, you have to do this, you know, like I'm open to a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: Part How did it feel you had so many members from Bachelor Nation here tonight? We had a lot of charities guys. Charity and Dotton were there, Rachel and Gabby, we saw Leo, We saw Rachel. I think, like multiple goals from your season we're in the audience. How was that?
Speaker 3: Honestly? So, it's freaking incredible. I wish you guys were there too as well, obviously, but you know, I haven't met a lot of these people foreigned. For them to come up to me and tell me how much they support me and how excited they are for this season like like makes me so freaking happy and just like completely forms my heart. And it was so nice to like put it like a real face to people that I've seen on the screen before and all this stuff and fall on social media, but like they've all been so supportive, and I don't know, it just feels insane to have me like another family kind of backed me up in all this, and it feels really amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the moment between, like I know you and Maria are genuinely friends, Like we both we've had you both on the podcast, you both said you guys are friends, and just the moment between the two of you tonight where like you saw her and you were so happy to see her, and she was so excited for you to be knows as the bacherette was a really cute of it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know she was gonna be That was honestly crazy, absolutely crazy. I had no idea she was going to be here, and it felt so good to have somebody that I'm so so close to be here tonight and support me and for her to just you know, come up on stage and we were able to catch up. I mean I saw her two weeks ago, but like, it was so good to be able to have that girl moment with her seriously, and I'm like, can you come back for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: For Joey's season, we heard him really express how scared he was about potentially falling for someone who didn't feel the same way about him. What do you think, what are you most nervous about going into this?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, just like any maybe just like somebody being there for you, falling for someone who is there just I don't know, maybe to get Instagram followers and then hit on girls after the show or something like that.
Speaker 2: Don't don't put these ideas in her head. Joe Oh my gosh. She's like, I have no worries, and he's like, well, I'll give you some worries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me just plant something in red. I'm not super worried about that. I feel like if that happened, I would see through it really quickly. And I think I really depend on my intuition at my gut, So if that happens. So I'm not super worried about that, but I guess I am worried about falling into old habits. You know, I've had a lot of toxic access where I just get so caught up in the moment about something like you know, they're really hot or whatever it is, and then I like completely disregard like their personality and like the red flags. So I guess I am pretty nervous about ignoring those red flags if I do, and I hope I don't, But like, you know, that's what this process is about, and I hope that I can kind of work through that and it'll be really interesting to see, you know, whatever amount of men there are, if I can work through that and choose like the right one who's really there for me, who really will fight for me.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you're already saying if he's hot, you'll look past and chow with his mouth up, and.
Speaker 1: So it's yeah, I mean you're but any any any places you you what would be like a Africa? Okay, you answered it without me even asking the questions. So I hope you guys go.
Speaker 3: There talking about Africa for ages now and what I really want to do is go on a little safari, had a little line, hang out with the elephants, you know, sleep in the tent and then like see a little draft coming like tell me good morning. That kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: You should be what you should You should try to talk them for, like for like your clip art for the show, like have it like safari theme and basically paint the show in a corner to where they have to take you to Africa. That could be like your thing, like you're whole. They could be like go on a safar fine love and go on a Safari with Jen.
Speaker 2: You know what. Joe loves to come up with like little like themes for like the Batchelrett marketing or the Bachelor marketing. And he's had some good ones and that is like your worst one yet Safari season with Jen. Let's at the animals and fall in love.
Speaker 1: Like well, that's how I would I would want. I would want to watch that.
Speaker 3: I would see thank you. Honestly, I'm with it. I'm gonna be in a little puper outfit, I'm gonna have wines in the background. I'm all for it, and I'm all about manifesting what i want. So I've been I've been telling everybody. I'm saying, Africa is the place I want to be.
Speaker 1: Ye, would you get like a sexy snake around you and all that? That could be very cool?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's right, snakes.
Speaker 2: We're also just copyriting Britney Spears. But jen we saw in the audience to sit was Charity, the last Bacherette. She's we love HER's favorite of ours, who is kind of Do you have any inspiration from her or there any past bacherettes that you kind of look to as role models or inspiration going into your season?
Speaker 3: Kidding, it was absolutely insane to be able to meet Charity personal. She's definitely inspiration. You know, she is a woman of color and she did her so much grace, and she also is you know, engaged to dolt and like it's so inspiring and it gives me so much hope for this process, seriously. But also I was able to meet Gabby and Rachel tonight, who sees and I also watched and loved because they're so freaking cool. There's so much theirselves and I see myself in both of them because they're both so different, but I see myself in both of them, which I thought was really cool to meet them, and Jessie said that, I mean, everybody is so incredible, but those are definitely my top three and I'm so happy that I was able to meet that nice.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm very excited for you. I think this is going to be incredible. I can't wait to watch your safari. This is this is it's gonna be great. But Jen, Yeah, I'm like I said, I'm really happy for you and I can't wait to watch. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I will say I was watching with my mom and my sister tonight live from home, and my mom had told me the other day. She was like, I really hope it's Jen. I really really hope she's the bachelorette. And they were so happy because I didn't tell them that, like I knew we were interviewing you tonight, but they were like, oh my god, I'm so happy. She's gonna be amazing. So you have lots of support out there and lots of support from Joe and I were so excited for you. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Well. Honestly, that means the world to me. And I hope Guess can maybe come on for a little episode and we can chat.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah to pitch that to the show along with your Safari idea, and we got some them.
Speaker 3: You guys are a success story. I would freaking love it.
Speaker 2: You guys came on and you know what, if you can convince them to have us play out on the Africa episode, that would be idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, I'll let them know to bunk you with the elephants and the drafts.
Speaker 1: Thank you amazing well, Jen, Thank you so much again, and I'm sure we're going to be talking to you much sooner than later. And to all our listeners, thank you guys for tuning in. Make sure you will get ready for Gen season and stay tuned into Happy Hour because we will have exclusive interviews every week.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to subscribe. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Bye,