Speaker 1: Welcome back to a numbers game. Happy Monday, everybody. I am glad for you to be here with me for one more week. So much happened with the New York City election. I didn't guys, I didn't get you get like to give my listeners the update on the Kansas speech, So I gave for those who missed the episode. I gave the keynote address the Bob Dolden Or in Kansas, which is a very nice thing, usually reserved for a congressman. I wasn't really sure why I was invited, but I was honored to be there. I flew into Kansas and had some barbecue at Joe's Barbecue in Kansas City, Missouri. Delicious, amazing, I highly recommend. And then go to the speech and I'm very nervous. I really didn't know why I was invited. And I meet with the organizers the night before and I say, why did you have me over a senator or congressman whatever, And they say, oh, because you're so edgy and funny. Just be edgy and funny, which is not good guidelines for someone like me, because it's like, hey, push every boundary you possibly can, like I'm a child like you need to give me parameters, Like I work very well within the lines, but like if I don't see the lines, I you know, it's striving. Like I drive like someone like a woman from New Jersey. I'm all over the place. So anyway, I I'm very nervous. I write my speech and then it dawns on me like that right before the speech, nobody is going to know who I am, Like, I guess if you're like listen to me in my podcast, but I mean that's not the whole audience. It's all donors and established from people and elected officials. They definitely have no they're not listening to my podcasts or not watching me or I'm rooting my sub stack. Those are like the people like those are not like the electeds. So I walk into like the room. First of all, the MIC's not working, which is or it's like working like kind of like very shoddy. I go into the room. This very well dressed, very elegant Asian, older Asian woman walks up to me, goes, can we get a picture? And I go, oh, my god, you know who I am? And she goes, no, I don't know, but I get pictures with everybody and I was like, oh my god, this is going to be bad. So I meet some of the elected officials, the Senate president, people running for governor. It was really nice whatever, but once again, no one knew who I am. I'm having to be introduced everybody for the first time and then make the small talk and then talk about my pack and nonprop with education. And I text my one friend from who's a political political consultant from Kansas, and I'm like, this is going to go horrible. He goes, no, No, it's a Kansas audience. They give standing ovations to everybody. It's just how they operate. So the state treasurer gets up, he gets a standing ovation. The first speaker gets up, he gets a standing ovation. The German ambassador's assistant god a standing ovation. I'm like, okay, I'm cool. I'm you know, it's going to be fine. Everything is gonna work out fine for me. I go give the speech, and once again I'm looking at the audience. They have no idea who I am. So I say I'm the guy who made the beeper a joke on CNN, and you hear this like collective oh yeah in the audience. I'm like, oh, Okay, well, this is going great. So I give the speech, and I go on about how Republicans support immigration reduction, and it's time that all the Kansas legislators, congressmen, and senators, including those who live in Florida, because one Kansas senator may have a residence, may spend most of his time in Florida instead of Kansas, but all the Kansas congressmen and senators should back immigration reduction. We can't let farmers have low skilled workers flood our country in the name of like picking crops. I just go off and then I talk about AI policy and how Kansas needs to regulate AI because they're taking jobs. And I said, if you want to make sure you turn Trump supporters into AOC supporters, make sure that our unemployment numbers reach twenty percent in the country, especially why collar workers. And then I go into education, how Kansas ranks thirty third in the country. I lay it off with like a nice thing about Bob Dole and the legacy of Bob Dole. I could not over emphasize how few people clapped at the end of my speech was so tepid. They absolutely did not care. Oh this was the best part. Wait one last thing. The only other famous Republican from Kansas. I looked at my notes, this came back to me. Only other famous Republican from Kansas that I know of is Dwight Eisenhower. And I said in my speech, Dwight Eisenhower had a much easier legacy to wrap up than Bob Doles. He one d Day, he built the highways, and he deported the illegal immigrants with Operation Wetback, which was a real thing. You can look it up. Operation Wetback, I said, Trump Show named Tom Holman the czar of Operation wet Back two point zero. They did not like that. Apparently that was not cool with them, to which one evangelical lady walked up and said, I can't believe you said the word wet back. It's like saying retard. I said, retard's back. Okay, you could say retard now, okay, it's Trump's amarror. So they also did not think that was funny. I was. This was not my audience. This was not a New York audience. This is not people who deal with politically incorrect conversations. I heard that the Speaker of the House was biting the inside of his cheeks when I was started immigration reduction and slamming farmers for bringing in cheap labor taxpayer expenses. So that was that. That was Kansas. One woman, and I'm going to apologize for my swearing. One state legislator walked up to me at the end of my speech and said, so, were you born without fox to give or did that come recently? And I was just like, nope, born this way, just ready for a barn burner anyway. Okay, that was I was going to tell you my way more about Kansas, but it's not worth it. But that was. It was very funny. It was very my life in a nutshell, where you end up in a very cool setting but no one really knows why you're there. You don't know why you're there, and kind of everything goes wrong because you can't shut your mouth and just give like a normal nice thing. You can't just play by the rules, which is very how my life has always been. Okay, So two things. One, this episode, the main point of it, which I will get to in the second part, was requested by more than one email person receiving an email listener over email I get always asked me anything. Segment emails now, which I love you can email me number Ryan at numbers gamepodcast dot com and I try to answer every email or get to it on the show. Well more than one person asked the same question. So this episode, the interview part and the second part will be completely about the listener questions, which is about illegal immigration when it comes to congressional redistricting and it comes to reapportionment and getting and the sense is taking illegal immigration information. I will get to that, but first, this happened just as I'm about to tape, which is a few days before it airs. Pew Research, which is one of the premier nonprofits that analyzes elections, especially presidential elections, came out with their post twenty twenty four analysis. Now, I know we've gotten this from before, and I know that we are half a year, more than half a year since the twenty twenty four election, and people generally don't care. They've moved on. I care, and I am fascinated by this, and I want to talk about some highlights in the Pew Research data about the twenty twenty four election. So first, from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty four, Trump coalition in twenty sixteen, eighty eight percent of all people that voted for Donald Trump were white. By twenty twenty four, that number had dropped to seventy eight percent. His support among the number of voters in his coalition that were Hispanic has essentially doubled, and those who are black have essentially tripled, which is fascinating. Well, the Democrat coalition from Clinton to kamalaw has actually gotten whiter, and they've lost a significant portion of both their black and Hispanic voter base, which isn't shocking. Of the people who voted in the twenty twenty election right that voted for Trump, eleven percent did not vote for Trump in twenty twenty four. They didn't vote at all. Three percent voted for Kamala, so it was a fourteen point drop off. Among people who voted for Biden, five percent voted for Trump, number three for Kamala. From Trump's Trump had a neck game of two from Biden people, and fifteen percent of people who voted for Biden in twenty twenty did not go and vote for Kamala. Of the people who didn't vote at all in twenty twentyteen percent of vote sorry didn't vote in twenty twenty, but voted in twenty twenty four, fourteen percent voted for Trump, twelve voted for Kamala, So Trump got an advantage of boost and the raw vote total of not only people who had voted for Biden and then voted for Trump, but also people who didn't vote at all and voted for Trump, which is part of the reason why he won the popular vote among those voters. Building on that, voters who didn't vote in twenty sixteen but voted in twenty twenty favored Biden by five points over Trump. People who didn't vote in twenty twenty but voted in twenty twenty four have favored Trump over Kama by twelve points. It's an immense group of people who are inactive voters, in frequent voters, people who are all of a sudden becoming very new and fresh to the political scene. Very interesting, Okay. Trump's support among his percentage of the vote that he received among certain demographics from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty to twenty twenty four. This is fascinating. Among men, Trump's growth of the male vote has increased three points from twenty sixteen and went from fifty two percent of the overall mail vote to fifty five percent. Among the female vote, it is increased by seven points from thirty nine to forty six. This is what I'm about to say about the male female thing. Just take it. I know there's a lot of numbers coming at you, but take it in for a second. White men, his numbers actually declined by three points among white women. His numbers increased by four points among black men. Now, that was from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty four. The numbers from minorities are from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four. Just asterisk. It's not that important, but it's worth analyzing. From twenty twenty to twenty twenty four. Among black men, his numbers increased by nine points among Black women, by five among Hispanic men, eleven points among Hispanic women, thirteen points. Trump's gain in the popular vote, and Trump's win of the popular vote, was because women, especially non white women, voted for him. That is the headline. Right. Of course, the male vote counted, but Trump's growth among females with white women and Latino women was larger than his gains among Latino men and white men, and only black men's were passed black women, which is not that surprising at all anything else. Now, the white vote overall, Trump's numbers improved by one point from twenty sixteen fifty four to fifty five. Among Blacks, it went from six to fifteen. That's a nine point gain. Among Latinos it went from twenty eight to forty eight. That's a plus twenty point swing. Huge, And among Asians it went from thirty to forty, so that's plus ten pretty significant. It was. The Latino vote is very signcoriing. He won Latino men by two points. He went from losing them fifty seven to thirty nine, losing them by eighteen points in twenty twenty to winning them by two points fifty to forty eight and twenty twenty four. Okay, Trump's base also became younger, which we all knew, but it's fascinating to see the numbers among all eighteen to twenty nine year olds. Trump went from getting twenty eight percent of their support in twenty sixteen to thirty nine percent in twenty twenty four. He went from losing that by thirty points to gaining that, so losing that by nineteen points. So he wasn't he wasn't he wasn't, you know, losing them by huge numbers. The same is true among thirty to forty nine year olds, my demographic millennials. This is the group that builds Obama's coalition. These are Obama voters. People forget he went from losing them by eleven points to fifty one to forty in twenty sixteen to losing them by two points. Millennials basically broke even Trump, Harris, the Obama coalition is a solidly mixed back now. The biggest group to sit there and support Trump, we're gen xers. Fifty to sixty four year olds. He went from winning them by six points to winning them by fourteen points. And among people sixty five and old older, he went from winning them by nine to winning them by three. There was a move towards Democrats with them. But remember I've said this to people before. I'm kind of blue in the facement. People kind of have a frozen time of when what a senior citizen is like. They think, oh, I'm thinking of my grandma from when I was a childhood, or my neighbor from when I was a kid who was eighty twenty years ago. Well, there's likely that person doesn't exist anymore. The person's probably gone to their eternal rest. They're not alonger with us. Remember Henry Fonda, who was very conservative, is not a senior citizen. Jane Fonda is right. People who were anti war activists in the sixties and seventies are now in their seventies and eighties. Those are the people who are Archie Bunker is dead, but Meathead is a senior citizen. Think of it like that. People are wondering, how did like the seniors become so left wing. They didn't just become so left wing. Left wing people have aged into being senior citizens, and that's what's important. Trump won men under Trump won all men, but Trump won men under fifty, which he had lost in twenty twenty. And his growth among women between the ages of eighteen to forty nine, a group that he lost by thirty six points in twenty sixteen, he only lost by fourteen points in twenty twenty four. This is the women who were supposed to win for Kamala because of abortion. All they cared about is abortion. Cared about abortion. Trump made eighteen point swing among that demographic, people who were supposed to care about abortion more than anything else in the world, all right, which groups. When it comes to education, Trump made games with college educated whites. He went from thirty eight to forty three. The only demographic, though, to give Trump a majority of support were non college educated white people. Trump won sixty four percent of non college educated white people. Oh sorry, he also won non college educated Hispanic people as well. He won them by a single point, so non college educated Hispanics and young college educated whites. Without those two groups, Kamala Harris would have won. And I think it's important to say those things out loud because I have to hear and this will be in the email from the listener later in the last segment of the show, and no shame to them, but this is what I hear all the time is how do we win back white college educated women, or not white, just college educated women in the suburbs. We hear this at nauseum. What we should be talking about is how do we deliver for the only people that make sure Republicans win the White House? How do we deliver policy gains for people who are delivering the White House and Congress and Senate for Republicans, that is, non college educated whites and non college educated Hispanics. If the policies we are advocating do not fight for our voters. Why are we doing them? And there's a lot of policies we do which hurt them, hurt them. A lot high school voters without a high school degree, which have backed Trump in twenty sixteen by seven points, back Trump by twenty points this time, twenty points this time. Huge swings by religion. Trump gained with basically every religious group. Protestants he gained by six points since twenty sixteen, Evangelical white Evangelicals by six points, Catholics by three points, unaffiliated by four points, Black Protestants by six points, Latino Catholics by ten points, non white Protestants by fifteen points. They're all reflective in the other stuff. Okay, last part of this entire autistic rambling that I've just had on the twenty twenty four election. I promise this is the probably the last time I reflect on it and have a whole segment on it. Immigrants among people who were born in the USA, Trump lost the American native born American vote in the twenty twenty election by three points, which is lower than the overall average. Because the immigrant vote voted for Joe Biden by twenty one points. The immigrant vote voted for Hillary Clinton by huge margins in the CNN exit poll, which is different than Pew. But immigrants delivered Democrats the popular vote and delivered Democrats a lot of swing states. That is why you will never hear the Democrats back away from it. They need these voters. In the twenty twenty four election, Trump won Americans people who were born in America, American born, natural born Americans. He won them by two points fifty to forty eight, which is about what he got in the overall popular vote. Among naturalized citizens immigrants, Trump lost them only by four. There was a seventeen point swing among immigrants in this country, which is kray Z. I never thought we would see this. I mean still, they voted for Joe Biden. Other sorry, they voted for Kamala Harris. So it's not like they were you know, Magahar right, Trump free people. But the fact that they voted that close and it wasn't a twenty point loss. So where did this come from? Which immigrants made this swing? This is going to surprise you. In twenty twenty, fifty six percent of white immigrants i e. Australians, Canadians, New Zealanders, Kiwis and Europeans voted for Joe Biden by a fifteen point margin. White immigrants voted for Donald Trump by a sixteen point margin. In twenty twenty four. There was a thirty one point swing. It is the largest single swing of any immigrant group, and actually of any group that it's even larger swing than Hispanics. Thirty one point swing among white immigrants from Canada Europe. I guess there's some whites from South Africa, Canada, Europe, Eweis, and Australians wild. Among Hispanic immigrants, Trump won. According to Pew Research, Trump won Hispanic immigrants by three points. He lost them by nineteen, so it was a twenty two point swing among Hispanic immigrants, and among Asian immigrants he lost them only by five after losing them by thirty last time, twenty five point swing for Asian immigrants. There's no information on black immigrants. I guess they don't have enough sample size to make a accurate telling. Okay, why why did immigrants all of a sudden become Republican? Obviously the economy plays a big part of that, right, There's no rhyme or Reasoners say that otherwise the economy was sour and they paid back from it. But Trump campaign on mass deportations. There was no hidden agenda that, oh Trump didn't really campaign immigration. He came pade hard on immigration. I think, and this is my belief, and there's a little bit of data to back this up, but it's more my belief than it is the data. And if there is, I can go into this at a different time. I believe that the Black Lives Matter riots in twenty twenty one and the end of twenty twenty really change people's opinion on a lot of things when it came to how the Democratic Party governs, and then the COVID lockdowns that absolutely affected people into sitting there and reanalyzing how Democrats act. The education policies, not only of the transgender stuff in schools, but closing specialized schools which so many Asian immigrants and European immigrants benefit from. And then also the insane stuff when it comes to the transgender thing. This is not just for not just for Latino immigrants and Asian immigrants, but also europeam Grants member. It's Europe which is at the forefront at stopping transgender surgery. For minors. It's Sweden, it's Norway, it's England. These are not you know, right wing, hardcore countries. These are countries that Bernie Sanders wants the model America after. They are at the forefront of all these fights. So I think that that is fascinating and I think it's worth telling, and I don't know if it means something bigger going forward. If this was a blip in the map, but a thirty one point swing vote change among European immigrant white immigrants and a twelve point change among Hispanic immigrants and an eleven point change among Asian immigrants from twenty twenty twenty twenty four is why that number among immigrants overall has changed significantly. Okay, I'm not going to talk about that anymore. That's the twenty twenty four election. That's the best data that there is out there. We put a pin in this, we put a bow in it. I'm landing the plane. That is fascinating. It's the kind of the gold star. As post election analysis goes, what the Democrats and Republicans campaign on in the future will be based off of what that information says. All right, So now go to the question, the question that I received from listeners was about the census in twenty thirty and the question was looking forward into how the census is coming out and how congressional districts are being up reapportion based on population. How is the illegal immigrants affecting the number of seats different states are receiving, different congressional districts are receiving. This matter is not only for the House, but for the electoral college. Right do you get the number of electoral College votes that you get is based off of how many House seats you have in any given state. Right after COVID in twenty twenty two, a left wing organization called the Brennan Center and they have this image of float on social media. They show that based on current trends, states like Tennessee, Arizona, and Georgia were all expected to gain one seat. Florida and Texas we're supposed to gain four seats each, while California, New York, and Illinois lost the combined ten seats. Right this massive reshuffling, This came out of Michael Lee, by the way, the Brennan Center, and it was basically sitting there and saying COVID had so affected the amount of blue state voters, leaving that in dark blue states Illinois, California, Rhode Island, in Minnesota, and New York and Oregon were slated to lose total of twelve seats. The soul swing state Pennsylvania was supposed to lose one, while red states like Idaho, Utah, Tennessee, Texas, and Florida were supposed to gain ten. In swing states North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona, we're supposed to gain one apiece. Okay, so you might have seen that kind of floating around. There was another one, but another graph, another map given by Michael Lee Year an updated map since COVID, showing the population changes because obviously we do every decade, so he's just updating it year by year. The Brennan Center found that instead of losing two seats, Illinois was slated to lose one, instead of losing three, New York was going to lose two, and instead of losing five, California was going to lose three. Tennessee and Georgia, which was supposed to gain seats, are not going to gain seats anymore. Red states are going to be losing more and more leverage During the reshuffling. Why is that? Why are these states not gaining as many seats? Answers immigration, immigration, and the Obviously, the number of people leaving states has slowed since COVID, though it has continued, but immigration is padding the numbers for failed blue state governance. Let's take New York City for example, between twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four, d eighty one hundred and fifty eight Americans left the Borough of Brooklyn for greener pastures. There was a natural increase, which is birth's minus deaths, of fifteen thousand, so that means that Brooklyn should have had a population trunk of twelve thousand, seven hundred, but thirty seven thousand immigrants moved to the borough in the meantime, so that means they actually grew by twenty five thousand, despite the fact that nearly thirty thousand New Yorkers said New York camp be governed. We got to get out of here, We got to leave. We gotta go to Florida and North Carolina, Georgia, Connecticut, long, you know wherever. If you look at New York City as a whole, in one year time, ninety one thousand people left New York City, there was a natural growth of thirty four thousand, six hundred. That means there should have been a loss of fifty six thousand over the course of a decade. That means New York City should have lost one congressional seat. But the number of people who immigrated to New York from mostly the Third World, but across the globe was one hundred and forty four thousand. So despite lockdowns and rising crime in sky high taxi is, New York grew by eighty seven thousand people because of immigration. That means New York is on track not to not only not to lose three seats, but they may not even lose two seats. The same is true for Illinois and California. Now some Red states experiences kind of boomed to Florida and Texas have loads of immigrants, lots of illegals, but there's also a lot of Americans moving there, which is why they're going to gain four seats each. Immigration rewards failing Blue states and robs red states of seats that they should have gained. Tennessee and Georgia should gain a house seat each, but they're not probably not going to. This is why big Blue states fight so hard against deporting illegal immigrants, their numbers are dependent on who's being counted by mass immigration. There was researchers that went back to nineteen eighty to see how congressional districts have been affected by illegal immigration. They said this, under the hypothetical scenario of not counting people who were not in the country illegally, two seats would have switched. In nineteen eighty, California and New York would have lost a seat, Indiana and Georgia would have each gained one. To ninety, California would have lost two, seats, Texas would have lost one, while Kentucky and Montana would have gained one. In two thousand, California would have lost three seats, Texas would have lost one, Indiana, Michigan, miss it Being, Montana would all gain one. In twenty ten, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Ohio, North Carolina to all gained a seat, California would have lost three, Texas and Florida would have lost one. And in twenty twenty, California and Texas would have each lost a seat, and Ohio and New York would have each gained one. So put that know those numbers together. Since nineteen eighty, California has ten extra congressional seats that they would have not had had it not been for illegal immigration.
Speaker 2: Ten.
Speaker 1: Think of what the California delegation has voted on since the last I don't know, forty five years. I'm a care femnisties, cash for clunkers, green new deals, all of them, not that all of them were benefited from illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants absolutely padded it. While you know, states like Ohio, Montana, Georgia, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Louisiana, they all lost representation and you could see it in how it how many votes it takes to win some House seats some states, In some seats it takes. There's three hundred and fifty three hundred and seventy five thousand people who vote in Ohio's ninth congressional district, which is I think Warren Davidson seat. There are three hundred and seventy five thousandople who vote in that last presidential election go to Nidia Vasquez. The seat in New York seventh District, only two hundred and twenty one thousand people vote because a lot of the people are illegal. One hundred and fifty thousand extra people vote in this one district in ad distrition with more Americans than a district with not more Americans. So yeah, it's unfair representation. People are being robbed. Your vote counts a lot more if you live in Media at Native of Asquaz is Brooklyn based district. Then if you live in the middle of Ohio because you're around American citizens versus illegal immigration. What's the solution of that? You know, how do we get forward on this? Well, my guest this week has been writing about this and talking with this for a very long time. He's an expert on the issue. We're going to have him up next with me today is RJ Holm, and he is the president of the National Immigration Center for Enforcement. RJ thanks for being here. You wrote a great article on Fox News saying that illegal immigrants should no longer be counted in the census data that counts congressional districts. Right first, discussed with me how how desperate some Democrats are to make sure illegals are counted. You brought up a needia vat Native Asquez saying that she needs immigrants in her district to keep her district.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, first things for having me on Ryan, and you pronounce my last name as Homan, which I love every time. Was vinal great guy. But you know, let's get something straight here. I mean, you know, congressional seats and electoral College votes are supposed to represent the American people citizens, you know, voters, not everybody who's physically present on our soil. But you know right now, that's not what's happening under current law. The census counts all persons, so you're talking non citizens, even illegal aliens. I mean, for the purpose of you know, abortioning congressional districts, and it was very important too, is determining presidential electors. So with this massive illegal alien population that Biden brought in the country purposely, that party's effectively rewarded with more political power, while states who actually enforced the law they're being punished. I mean, and that is upside down, and it's happening in plain sight. Back in twenty twenty, President Trump, you know, tried to fix this. He issued an order that would have excluded illegal aliens from the apportionment count. But on day one, guess what happened. Buying reversed it, ensuring all non citizens, regardless of their immigration status. So illegal aliens and the mass migration he does through legal pathways are counted the same as citizens when it comes to distributing power. And I mean in practice, like states like California where you have sanctuary policies under new some okay, you have millions of non citizens, you'd get more seats in Congress and more sway in electoral college than they otherwise would. And say you follow the law, You're Ohio, you're Alabama, what do you do? You lose that? This is a corrosive matter, dilutes the votes of American citizens and warps our entire representative system, and it creates a massive incentive I think for open border states to keep flouting federal immigration law California can't always be offset by people fleeing when illegal aliens come in mass.
Speaker 1: Right, So are there any bills in Congress that take to take this on.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sound done here so consumed with reconciliation. But last Congress I think it is still introduced. There is a great solution. It's called the Equal Representation Act. That was I think it was Warren Davidson and Bill Haggerty. What they would do is two basic things. They'd add a citizenship question to the census and require that only citizens be counted for purposes of racial apportionment and electoral vote allocation. I mean, that's it. There's no games, there's no guess work for an approach like that. It's a straightforward fix to restore fairness to our entire political system because you know, let's be honest representation, Ryan, that's power, and right now we're handing that power to people who ain't even supposed to be here that they're making communities unsafe, they're corrupting our system. And at the same time, we're telling the American voter their vote means less. That's not democracy, man, that's distortion.
Speaker 1: Well, as have you ever pulled this issue? Because I started looking at for polls on this and there were not many. There was like a few in twenty nineteen, and the America and the public were favoring idea of citizenship being asked on the census. Was that if you ever poll this question, just curious.
Speaker 2: Well, first you got to make sure you pull the right people, because will we have a very big poll the presidential election and stuff, you know, illegal aliens are impact again. But no, I think the American people. I mean on both parties. I mean I can't. I don't have data in front of me that would be a great thing to kind of capture. I mean, if you ask an American citizen, do you want your vote to be diluted both for Congress, your congressional representation, and your Electoral College votes, Everybody's going to say, hell no, that's not what the founding fathers a tenant.
Speaker 1: That's a good leading question. Have you written a little differently? But yeah, so you mentioned resolution sorry ecleation in Congress. We'll tell my listeners what is going on with Congress right now over the right. First of all, reconciliation bill is part of the big beautiful bill. It's the vote that they need for fifty one votes in order to pass. It's not the sixty voth threshold. Explain what is going on with immigration specifically in reconciliation right now on the Republican side.
Speaker 2: Well, aside from being in Texas. That's part of why I'm sweating right now, being engaged on Capitol Hill from down here as well. Listen, you know Republicans did send a decently strong bill to the Senate. But one thing that pisses us off and rightfully so. President Trump was elected on a key electoral mandate. It was loud and clear, it's mass deportation, not the worst of the worst, not just the worst. Everybody should be eligible for deportation, and I should get the resources to do so. Congress passed a resolution which gave the amounts of money for each function. Arey, Homeland Security was a ninety billion judiciary, which is ice was one hundred and ten. You know what, I Scott seventy four billion in that House version. Okay, so they treated a number that was a floor like a ceiling. And now what's over in the Senate. You're starting to see a scrub. It's called the bird bath. A lot of the paid for mechanisms of medicare me eligibility, getting rid of both immigrants and illegal aliens from any eligibility that would help pay for enforcement. That stuff's getting scrobbed.
Speaker 1: I want you before you go in further.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: What he says the bird bath is is that there's something called the Senate parliamentarian, who is supposed to be a nonpartisan figure who goes to the reconciliation bill and says there and says, if anything is not to do with budgetary items, it cannot be in the bill. So, for instance, and I'm just making something up, an abortion ban could not be in a reconciliation bill because it has nothing to do with the budget. And the Senate Parliamentarian's roles to go through and take things out that have nothing to do with the budget. A number of key Republican items have have been iced out by the Senate Parliamentarian because of the Bird rule, named after Senator Bird, who's been dead for quite a while now. The but so you're saying is that a lot of immigration enforcement has not made it through the Senate Parliamentarian.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't. In terms of the immigration enforcement stuff. Listen, I just had a lot of pay for is there was a lot of fee increases, Okay. You know when you put asylum at about two grand or something, you use it to deter forms of you know, I call it a legal legal juries under the guise of legality. But the biggest thing here that's very irritating the parliamentarian is an unelected, smoke filled back room figure. Senator Thune, the Majority leader, kept her on as a show of a good faith. She serves. Elizabeth MacDonald serves at the pleasure of Senate Republicans. If she scrubs this whole damn thing, it's on their plate. But what we're seeing though, in terms of Medicare Medicaid tax credit eligibility, where they're allowing legal aliens. Tell me why. I mean, it is still budgetarian nature when you're getting rid of eligibility of someone who shouldn't even freaking be here. Okay, that's going to save the American taxpayer money, that's going to give the program more integrity. How is that not compliant with the Bird rule? And the birder will keep in mind the reason they're doing reconciliation. You only need fifty one votes, simple majority. If it is not compliant with Bird just like everything else in the Senate, you need sixty votes, which is as always a lost cost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why I think partly why I think the AI policy, which I talked about a different podcast, that didn't make it through the Bird rule either on AI technology. So is there anything making it through this immigrat I mean you mentioned ice is so is border wall funding getting through any of this other stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, well, first, you know, President Trump wasn't elected on building the border wall to port sub not all. Okay, the border wall funding is fully there. It's forty five billion, but the border is secure. A lot of that money needs to go to ice. But let me tell you something. The most egregious thing that's happening kind of in the shadows of reconciliation is the DHS Appropriations Bill. Okay, the traditional funding mechanism for fiscal year twenty six was marked up and left the House Appropriations Committee the day before yesterday. There were two amendments that were included in it by Republicans allowed it, and they were the most egregious things I've ever seen. First. One of them essentially reputs Biorcus's enforcement priorities back. Is like a sense in the text where it's only criminals terrorist threats to public safety. Hell, it's even weaker than my works, because my orcists said recent illegal entries also our priorities for removal.
Speaker 1: Maorcist was President Biden's DHS secretary who let let immigration flood the country. Just engage anyone who didn't know what we're talking about. That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Yeah, invasion architect Okay, and his memos were guided it all civil guidelines to enforcement. They called it it essentially handcuffed Ice. So they kind of mimic that as we're seeing, you know, as Ice is just getting directed essentially by like TV flips about hey, worst of the worst criminals. No, we got to go after freaking everybody, especially where that money comes in. And second, what they did too is is told Ice. They gave a directive President Trump in that EO too said I can enforce the law anywhere, whether it's a school, a church, anywhere. ICE has to go arrest the person that they're going to go after. What they did in this language that they put in there is they said ICE has to do a sensitivity assessment of wherever they're going to go raid. So I still has to sit back and check their feelings about is this a good place that we should go to. It forced the damn rule of law and act in accordance to the EO. Republicans are going to pay for that, and that stuff better be stripped in rules.
Speaker 1: Who what Republican proposed that amendment?
Speaker 2: Mark Amma Day is a House Approached subcommittee chair who did influenced it with Juan Siscamoni from Arizona.
Speaker 1: Both from Arizona and Mark and Madi from from Mark, Amadi from Nevada and Jan Sescimoni from Arizona. Yeah, that sounds about right. Juan Siscimony is terrible in immigration and Emodi has always been squished, so that is not surprised. But Emodi, I was this Coney has a border district. You think that he would care more?
Speaker 2: Is there? Okay?
Speaker 1: I have was one question I want to ask you. This wasn't even my topics. I want to ask you. I keep hearing that deportations are not that is that true? I hear arrests are high. I hear I hear people are more, there are more people in in sorry detention centers, but the actual deportations are not happening. Is that true?
Speaker 2: They're on the help percent true. I mean they're trying to count to some extent the beginning a coast guard at sea, repatriation, stuff like that. Listen, the American people.
Speaker 1: Why the way, why why a deportation is it?
Speaker 2: Is it because it's a budget issue? Well, yeah, it is a budget issue. Listen. Ice is in the red, Ice is struggling. But here's my point, the American people, your listeners, I mean, we all understand that ICE is operating on a very low budget, that the Biden administration, you know, they kept them constrained for a reason. They're abolishing it from within.
Speaker 3: You don't need to pretend that if you're arresting, detaining and deporting and mass you need to go to Congress and say, guys, listen, the American people spoke loud and clear, we're freaking struggling.
Speaker 2: Give us the full one hundred and ten billion authorise and then we could do it. Stop playing games. The American people will see if mass deportation is either water down or.
Speaker 1: This abb So the Big betfl bill needs to pass so we can get the deportation. Okayah, important, we want to RJ. Where can people go to follow your work?
Speaker 2: Yep, it's nice enforcement with one E dot org. I'm also a fellow at the Heritage Foundation's Border Security and Immigration Center. We'll lead the charge up there, also operate the Mass Deportation and Border Security Coalition up on Capitol Hill that drove passes to HR two. But nice enforcement, the National Immigration Center for Enforcement ICE is nice. They shouldn't be the line President Trump is'mpowered.
Speaker 1: That is great, great branding RJ. Thank you for coming on this podcast. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ryan, Hey, we'll be right back after this. Yes, and now for the ask Me Anything segment of the show. I love getting these emails. They're very helpful. I'm trying to build a show around your interest and what you guys are talking about, So please email me Ryan at Numbers Game podcast dot com, Ryan at numbers Plural gamepodcast dot com. I'll take a question on basically anything and we can go through it and I can try to find the best, most accurate information about political questions you always wanted to know about. This question comes from Patrick. Hey, Ryan, do you agree with the belief that a major deciding factor in Trump losing a lot of the suburban white and older white voters was because Trump and his supporters were coded as a low class and they didn't want to be associated with him, even if they agree with his policies. If so, is it possibly someone like JDA, well spoken conservative populist that isn't always an attack mode to win back some of the white suburbs that were scared away from being seen as trashies for supporting Trump. In short, does JD scare the hose. Thank you Patrick, I have the listeners. Thank you Badrick for that question. Okay, so I don't think it's all about scaring the hoes, right, And I worked for JD. I know him, I'm a fan of him politically, so this is not a criticism of him. First and foremost, I think part of why the suburbs have shifted is changing demographics. Look at the suburbs of Atlanta. When George Bush won them in two thousand and four, they were sixty six percent white. They are now thirty three percent white. As we said in earlier in the podcast, the only group of people voting for a majority nationwide. But this is true in Georgia. It's also true that white college voters, you know, vote Republican in Georgia as well. But white voters are the ones who actually give Trump his majorities Republican. They are majorities, right. Those being going from sixty six to thirty three is why the Georgia suburbs have moved so far to the left. But that's so, that's that's a big part of it. Secondly, when we're talking about the female votes, specifically the college educated female vote, let's look at the examination the numbers from Catalyst Right. Catalyst is the Democratic firm that also looked at the twenty twenty four elections. There was a six point difference amongst college educated women from Mitt Romney in twenty twelve to Trump in twenty twenty four. That's it, it was the six points, and six points means a lot. Six points among an fifty percent of the population will swing suburbs for sure, right, especially in certain regions of the country, But that six points is reflective of other college educated women around the world. We saw similar ships in Canada, in Britain, in Europe. I think that I don't know if I mean, maybe there's a one or two points that would sit there and swing back because JD is different. I think JD has a lot of advantages that Trump doesn't have. I think that being young, having a young family. I think his wife, Usha Vance is a major asset to him that has not been talked enough about. I think him being more into like Su'll absolutely would not scare as many people. But I think that the media apparatus and the social media apparatus will make him scary. Right, They're going to make him too divisive about a million different issues and he speaks, He's spoken a lot, He's spoken very thoughtfully, and unfortunately, we don't live in a society that rewards thoughtfulness. So when those things are boiled down to talking points for thirty second TikTok videos or thirty second Instagram videos, they will probably be viewed as negative. Can he win some of them back? Yeah, maybe, Kenny get back to Mitt Romney numbers. I don't think so. But you don't have to get back to Mitt Romney numbers in order to win them. That's my take on that. I think the Trump the JD. Trump coalition, whoever the nomini is in twenty twenty eight, is built on the backs of the working class, especially working class minorities that I've moved to the right, but also more working class white voters as well. There's a lot of ground to still gain. Consider a lot of them. I think twenty five or about twenty five to thirty percent of all Kamala Harris voters were whites without a college degree. There is a lot more of that fruit to squeeze juice out of. Anyway, that's my opinion. Hope you guys like it. I hope you guys like this podcast. Please like and subscribe on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcast. I promise that every episode is can be this autistic. But if you like the numbers and you like the data, please give me a five star review. I really appreciate it helps boost this podcast. Take five seconds of your time. It's the Christiana skiff you guys didn't give me. I'm just joking. Thank you guys so much. I will see you guys on Thursday.