Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of the show.
Speaker 1: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 1: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com. All right, let's go on to Jeffrey Epstein. And there's been some I mean, the way the Trump administration has handled this from day one has been clownish. You know. We had the original release of the Epstein files to a bunch of influencers, even though there was no new information in there, and in fact, there was publica avelent information that was redacted in the so called Epstein files. The release of that was certainly a botched one. But more recently, the appearance of Cash Battel, the FBI director on Joe Rogan's podcast has just been nothing short of insane because Cash Battel, now that he is the FBI director, is directly contradicting many of the things that he himself said only just two years ago about the circumstances of the Jeffrey Epstein case. This surrounds of multiple things. Okay, so number one starts with Jeffrey Epstein himself and the so called suicide, where we were told a couple of things. We were told the camera was off. We were told as well that there's dreams of information and hours of footage that was seized by the FBI in the initial rate of the Epstein mansion that has been held by the FBI, the infamous Black Book, and so many of the others that the FBI had and had not yet been released to the public. And yet now we are told by Cash Pattel a couple of things. They say that the camera allegedly was on this whole time. By the way, we were not told that that's actually the opposite of the original story. For the way this so called suicide went down. We're told by the top levels of the FBI that actually Epstein did kill himself. After all, there hundred percent certain. They can't release WHL file to dos because we're not allowed to know as the public. And we're also not going to see any of the footage that was seized by the FBI because they don't want to revictimize women. So let's take a listen to twenty twenty three Cash Betel and today's Cash Betel. Why is the FBI protecting the greatest pederist, the largest scale pederist in human history.
Speaker 3: Simple because of who's on that list. You don't think that Bill Gates is lobbying Congress. We're night and day to prevent the disclosure of that list. And why is it that the Senate?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: And good for Senator Blackburn to try to get it out. But then Dick Turbin comes over the top and says, no, we're not going to release the names. I don't care about the list itself, but if released the names, right and I've said it, Dan Bongino said it. We've reviewed all the information and the American public is going to get as much as we can release.
Speaker 1: He killed himself.
Speaker 3: Do you think let's play out the logical conclusion of this. Do you think that myself Bongino and others would participate pay in hiding information about Epstein's grow test activities, or do you think we would also participate in not prosecuting people we had evidence to prosecute people on where's the videotape of Anifstein Island of X, Y and Z committing these frauds? Why haven't you given it to us? Do you really think I wouldn't give that to you if it existed.
Speaker 1: No, It's like, do you I think you would participate in a cover up if you're at the top level of a FBI and subject to a massive blackmail machine at the top of an international intelligence apparatus. Yeah, I do think that, and in fact, because all of history ve indicates that, looking at literally the history of the FBI. But broadly, I mean, we can just compare all of the same things that they said to what they're now saying. I mean, the craziest thing he's saying is that we were not going to re victimize women. And I understand the I would understand if we're saying that in six now we have what we have technology to be able to I mean, listen murder and other images which are ghastly and devastating or released to the public. All the time. They redact images, you know, for example of like actual victims, but very often, especially in fact, in cases like this, they will make sure to protect the child, underage women or the victim's identity, while at the same time releasing footage of the perpetrators. Remember, we still to this date do not have an accurate accounting of the island, of the files and everything that went on inside of that mansion, so called hidden cameras. And I know all of this quote sounds crazy, but like this is documented fact at this point. So here we have cash Patel saying he won't revictimize women, but most importantly saying that the cameras were on in the Epstein prison. Again, that is a direct lie then told previously by the Bureau of Prisons and by the Trump administration the initial time around itself. Let's take a listen, what about the video from the island.
Speaker 3: Oh that's sorry, So you're talking about t yeah so sorry, so yeah, so again, We're going to give you everything we can, and people have to remember, we're not going to revictimize women. We're not going to put that shit back out there. It's not happening because then he wins not doing it. You want to hate me for it? Fine again, logical playout. If there was a video of some guy or gal committing felonies on an island and I'm in charge, don't you think you'd see.
Speaker 1: It if you have access to it, If.
Speaker 3: I have it, period, If I have it, If I have it, so where else would it be right?
Speaker 1: If you have it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: But you can't say that.
Speaker 1: You have it.
Speaker 3: No, we're giving you everything we have so far. Everything we have so far is.
Speaker 1: Have you guys gone over all the video that's available.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm telling you. That's what takes so much damn time. But the problem is there's been like fifteen years of people coming in and creating fictions about this that doesn't exist. Where's the videotape of Anne, of X Y and Z committing these frauds? Why haven't you given it to us? Do you really think I wouldn't give that to you if it existed. I'm working my ass off, along with the leadership at the Bureau DJ to get you what we're allowed to give you. And you're gonna get the video of the cell and you're gonna see for yourself. And we will never be able to convince everyone.
Speaker 6: What you know.
Speaker 1: It's like, don't you think I would give that to you?
Speaker 2: No, actually, because you're not at the video, we're gonna see her.
Speaker 1: He said the camera was on. That's literally not what we were told. So the camera was off and the guards were sleeping, And like, oh yeah, okay, I think sham bonding.
Speaker 4: This administration said that, didn't she Well.
Speaker 1: She said that they had been reviewing hours of video. We can actually we may even have that. I'm not sure. No, we don't have it today. But she previously had said that we are reviewing thousands of hours of video, and now they're like, well, actually, we can't release any of that video to the public.
Speaker 2: Also, there's not the video you want. And also we have definitive proof, even though we didn't before.
Speaker 1: Look, there's a easy way to solve all of this. Release it all to the public. Okay, you can easily release all of this to the American public. We will make up our minds for ourselves, and you can do that while being sensitive to the victims. I also would honestly like to have a poll and a survey of the all the Epstein victims and ask them, Hey, is it okay for us to be able to see this is while we do all the sensitive work of making sure we redact you and privately and keep your privacy. I guarantee you these people would be willing to have it out in the public because they were horribly victimized and they want their you know, the people who took advantage of them to be held accountable to the public. And this also is where the Elon you know tie incomes where Elon claimed that it was that Trump himself was implicated in the Epstein files, and that's part of the reason why that Trump has not released them yet to date. So pretty extraordinary accusation.
Speaker 2: Before we play what Trumps because every time Trump gets asked about this, he gets real squirrely. Right, going back to his first administration, when we got asked about Gleine Maxwell.
Speaker 1: I say the infamous I wish well, I wish her well well.
Speaker 2: Epstein said that Trump was his Bessie for ten years. Whether that is fully accurate or not, we know they were friends, We have video and pictures on them together. We know Trump was on the plane seven times according to the flight logs. We know Trump in an interview was like, yeah, he likes him young, So like one hundred percent Trump is quote unquote in the Epstein files. You know what all that entails is another matter. But yeah, I mean this is why it's always been so funny.
Speaker 4: The right had a deep interest in this.
Speaker 2: I think there's good reason to have a deep interest in it, especially in particular how it ties into all of these wealthy and powerful people and potential you know, Israeli Masad activities as well. Yeah, and that's and that's the other reason why very likely the government doesn't want to release everything that's available, because that will be abundantly clear that he, you know, was an intelligence asseid maybe potentially for the lawyers whatever. But but you've got those two things. You've got this very pro Israel administration. You have a guy who spent years entangled with this man, and you think you're going to get all the goods on him, even though repeatedly when Trump.
Speaker 4: Gets asked about this, he dodges. And so let's go.
Speaker 2: Ahead and play this video of him getting asked on Fox News. And this was crazy too. So Fox News in the run into the election, they asked him like, what about UFOs, what about JFK and.
Speaker 4: He's like, yes, release it, Yes, release it.
Speaker 2: And they're like what about Epstein And he's like yeah, well and they edited it originally to cut down all the rest of the like, well, no, I probably actually won't do that, and there's some problems et cetera. To make it sound like he was like, yes, we're going to release it. Let's go ahead and take a listen to the unedited version of what he actually said in that Fox News interview.
Speaker 4: Would you declassify the nine to eleven files?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Would you declassified JFK files?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Would? I did a lot of it.
Speaker 4: Would you declassify the Epstein files? Yeah, yeah, I would.
Speaker 6: I guess I would.
Speaker 2: I think that less so because you know, you don't know if you don't want to affect people's lives if it's phony stuff in there, because there's a lot of phony stuff with that whole world.
Speaker 4: But I think I.
Speaker 2: Would, So different than just an affirmative yes any Always every time he gets asked about it, it's something similar like, hell, I'm worried about their privacy and people are involved, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, h people are involved.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, no matter who is president, just really at this point, you know, we all genuinely do deserve to know. I mean I think there I actually genuinely believe that it's not Trump which is holding all of this up. I think it's Israel. I think it's mos Odd. I think it's very obvious considering the original comments by alex Acosta and by the initial prosecutors quote intelligence was involved. I mean, this is a direct quote. You can go and read it for yourself if you want to. Back from twenty nineteen. I think that's the only reason that we don't know. In a sense, we don't even you know, like without the files, we know everything that we need to know. Israeli agent. We're gathering intelligence on all of the highest levels of American society. For what purpose you can only guess. And that's another thing. People are like, well, how do they use this information? I don't think people understand how intelligence gathering works. The whole point is that you gather it so that you may have to use it in the future in case you need to aid Barock, the Prime Minister of Israel literally spending multiple nights week at his mansion. Okay, this is These are documented facts, like using his money to invest with all of the world's billionaires from Peter Teel which has when more recently revealed to Leon Black at the Apollo. I'm not even worried about people suing me. This is fact, like, literally had to resign from his company. One of the most private or one of the most powerful billionaires in the world had to resign from his company because of his what was it two hundred million dollar payment via his private jet LLC that was being paid by or being paid to Jeffrey Epstein over one hundred and fifty million. Yeah, definitely for jet maintenance. I'm sure that's what it was all about. Bill Gates and the Nobel p I mean, this is obvious.
Speaker 4: And then Peter Teel piece is the is the new, Yes, brand new.
Speaker 1: He had a lot of money, and there he had a bunch of money I think in one of his funds it's apparently now yielding incredible results to the Jeffrey Epstein estate. The point is just that the money was a tool obviously. Also, yeah, Leslie Wexner, who I think is still alive to this day, who just miraculously gifted him all this money for no apparent reason or any of that whatsoever. This is obvious and like, I know it sounds like eyes wide shut, but it's all real, Like this is documented, it is, it exists, you know, President or Bill Clinton on the plane multiple times, Junior by his own admission, on the flame a couple of times. I mean that's the part I don't get either. When you're filthy rich, why are we accepting gifts like this from you know, questionable people. Do you have the money just fly yourself? I don't get it. Yeah, I see YouTube posts, don't act.
Speaker 2: Always wanted to ignore his ties and how closely linked he was with Epstein and all the documentary evidence, and then think that he was going to be the one that finally you know, between the pro how pro Israel he is, and his own linkages, Like I never thought we were going to see any of this, And it's just wild to see cash out there, like.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's just not there.
Speaker 2: And we've determined conclusively he definitely killed himself, but we can't you know, we're not going to show you. And now the cameras are on whatever. It's wild situation. The last piece here is Elon has now deleted his posts accusing Trump of being in the Epstein files, and there were some other things that he had posted where he was saying, I will fully apologize to Trump once he fully releases the Epstein files. I think he also deleted those ones, tool though double check me on that.
Speaker 4: I'm not one hundred percent sure, but.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, I don't even understand this behavior. Like, once it's out there, it's out there. It's not like anyone's gonna forget that he posted this. It's just sort of like childlikely go if I delete it now, I can take it back, which you can't really take that back. But I don't know what's going on with Elon's also out tweeting a bunch about what's going on in LA in a way that's like very favorable for Trump and for Mega and you know, supporting the National Guard being brought in whatever. So I don't know if he's trying to mend fences. I don't know if that's possible at this point, because I don't think you can really come back fully from what has been said and done at this point. But it is interesting to me as well that we'll talk about this in the Theomone segment. Apparently Trump advised Jadie Vance to be diplomatic when it comes to.
Speaker 4: Elon very weird.
Speaker 2: I mean, not the way that Trump typically behaves like normally, once you cross him, that's.
Speaker 4: It scorched earth, right.
Speaker 2: I expected him to have some story equivalent to the remember the whole story tell about like DeSantis coming tears in his eyes.
Speaker 1: Begging me.
Speaker 2: I thought we'd have something like that and some like elaborate display of humiliation.
Speaker 4: He's been pretty low key.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's because he does hold all the power, you know, and can punish him in all of.
Speaker 4: These various ways.
Speaker 2: But it's just interesting to me how differently he's responded than what you would normally expect from Trump, where Elon has gone fully nuclear and Trump has been like kind of conciliatory.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Yeah, I agree, there are some weird stuff that is going on.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: We've alluded to this a number of times in the show. It's gone break down the news for you kill mar Abrego Garcia is coming back to the US. If he's not here already, let's go ahead and put this up on the screen from Axios Ronley deported kill mar Abrego Garcia returning the US to face criminal charges. So he's on his way back. According to a newly unsealed indictment. His deportation, they say to Al Salvador has been a flashpoint, you might say, in President Trump's immigration agenda. That indictment alleges that Abrego Garcia, who lives in Maryland, made more than one hundred trips transporting undocumented immigrants between Texas and Maryland, among other states. According to Attorney General Pam Bondi, siding co conspirator's testimony, Abergo Garcia also allegedly abused undocumented immigrant women and solicited nude photographs and videos from a minor. Let's go and put this indictment up on the screen. I did read through it. You know, we'll see what evidence they they proffer. But here USA today, says Attorney General says kill mar Abrego was part of international smuggling ring. This goes back to there was some footage that was released of him where he was stopped while he was driving and he had a number of people in the car. It was a vehicle that had been modified to allow more people to be there. He wasn't apprehended or anything at the time, but they considered it sort of fishy because the people did not seem to have luggage with them. I believe he said that he was bringing them to a job or something like that. So that's sort of the context of what the indictment centers around. We do know that there was one prosecutor who was meant to be involved with this put D four up on the screen, who resigned over the decision to pursue this indictment led to the abrupt departure of Ben Schrader, high ranking federal prosecutor in Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Shutters.
Speaker 2: Resignation was prompted by concerns the case was being pursued for political reasons, according to sources, I can't I think this was NBC News that reported this out that I can't remember specifically. So anyway, we'll see what happens with the charges. We'll see whether they have sufficient evidence to actually you find him guilty of these alleged crimes. But obviously the fact that they felt after they said absolutely no way is this man coming back, that they felt enough pressure to bring him home, both from the public and from the court system, is quite extraordinary. And so now he will go through the court system, he will have his due process, a jury of his peers will evaluate the evidence against him, and he will have his day in court and ultimately soccer.
Speaker 4: That's really all that anyone was asking for.
Speaker 1: I think it's extraordinary that they buckled and they ended up bringing back I mean, it is pretty crazy because they said he wasn't going to but I mean, at the end of the day, the Supreme Court order was pretty unambiguous. They're like, he needs to be returned to the United States of America because he was deported in violation of this order. I mean, I you know, even for me, somebody like me, considering how many twists and turns we've had here with Abrego Garcia, I'm like, I wonder how much of that. I wonder whether he stands a pretty damn good chance in court because they have alleged all kinds of things, right, I mean, even if you look at the original it was like he was being deported, he was a member of MS thirteen. I mean, like maybe, but then he was a human trafficker, and then he was a wife beater. I mean, look, it's complicated, right, He's never been accused or whatever of any of these things. But this is another step where they're alleging, effectively that he's like some master human trafficker, and they had never originally said that. Now it's possible that it's true because they've probably spent the time since to gather the evidence. Maybe they thought it was a pr victory to be able to gather you know, use the full force the FBI, gather all this evidence. I will say, if he does get convicted, this is not going to look good, right, and stuff can be in a narrative violation for a lot of people. It's not some Maryland Father or whatever that they're trying to use here, But broadly, look, this is what I was talking about with la what they did with L Salvador, and then eventually the falling apart of a lot of the narrative Aroundel Salvador really burned of their god and their credibility. I wouldn't say necessarily with the public, but definitely the media because at that point, look, you had a situation where everybody knew Trump was going to pursue deportations, you knew using into some extraordinary action, etc. Etc. But with the falling apart of many of the cases, and in particular with a lot of the evidentiary you know, stuff that they used, and then the eventual defeats over and over again at the Supreme Court level for the actual process by whichwas was done. I mean, I think it's basically comparable to two thousand and two Guantanamo Bay, Like if we really think about it, where anybody who was in Afghanistan or anybody who was like that guy's a terrorist eventually ended up in Guantanamo. And I mean it's kind of crazy because what some twenty three years later you would have thought, especially for an administration that kind of prizes itself as being anti the Bush administration effectively recreated a lot of stuff. This is something that Glenn Greenwall in particular really talked about it, and I mean, obviously that's what changed a lot of my thoughts on this in particular now since the fallout. But the fact that they did have to bring kill Marbray Garcia back is evidence that the court matters still. I think public pressure media as well. It was undeniable, Like, let's be it was genuinely undeniable. It's like, you're not supposed to be deported, and he got deported. I mean, and I'm not saying not supposed to it. I'm saying as illegally had a hold on him. He can come back to the United States. He will now face a jury in a trial. We'll see how it all works out. Yeah, but yeah, just broadly, you cannot look at this. They're trying to play it as like it's a victory. No, this is a massive l for the Trump administration. Like you said you weren't going to do it, and you brought it back. There's no getting around it. Yeah, period, and the story.
Speaker 2: And I want to be really clear about what he's actually being charged with in this indictment, which again to see the evidence, because lord knows that it's possible they gin this up because they needed some sort of pretext to make it look like they're not completely full.
Speaker 1: Of That is the benefit of going through the American federal system. It's like, look, the federal court is not a joke like you. Even if it's a political prosecution, you have to produce it.
Speaker 4: They're they're going to have to prove their case.
Speaker 1: You have to produce it. And now, I mean this is enough. Look, I mean Abrago Garcia can do what he wants, but go to trial because then we will all see it. If you just plead guilty, we're not going to see any of this. But uh, yeah, you should go to trial if for a public interest or at the very least his defense attorney should release all the discovery and all that stuff. Yeah that they have, because at this point that is obviously to the public.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they're they're indicting him on conspiracy to unlawfully transport illegal aliens for financial gain and unlawful transportation of alien legal aliens for financial gains. So basically the core of the indictment alleges that he was transporting people that he knew to be undocumented between different states. So, you know, they this is like, you know, a nitpicky thing. They keep calling him a traffick or trafficker is someone who's doing this against people's will. There's no allegation here that these were people who you know, were being smuggled against their will. It's more that he was transporting them and knowing that these were undocumented immigrants. That's what the indictment says. But the reason I want to clarify by that is because Pam Bondy in the news conference about this, made all sorts of wild allegations tying him to a murder and this and that different thing. Even though none of that is in this indictment whatsoever. Again to try to project this this you know image like he's some high level EMMAS thirteen gang member and you know, going way beyond what they were even able to obtain an indictment for Let's go ahead and listen to a little bit of that press conference and some of the pushbacks she got at the end.
Speaker 8: Maybe I misunderstood you, but you were mentioning, you know that he had some involvement in these murder you know, or was connected to groups that had you know, involved with this other smuggling ring. But to be clear, the only charges he's facing right now are the like you know, human smuggling charges.
Speaker 4: Just this the Yeah, that's the one offense.
Speaker 8: But the other things that you have talked about are not actually in the indictment. You know, co conspirators alleged that, and we were clear to say that he is charged with it's not only very serious charges of alien smuggling.
Speaker 4: So those are the specifics.
Speaker 2: The other thing that I would say saga about this is you know you have kilmarbergo Garcia. You also have some two hundred plus other people who were shipped to SEACOT with zero due process, many of whom we already know had zero criminal record. You know, according to the analysis that's done by multiple news organizations, the vast majority of them did not have criminal records, either here or abroad. They searched the databases of a number of countries, and you know, there's an effort in the courts. There was a ruling actually from the judge here in DC, Judge Bosberg, to say, you've got to give them a chance to also, you know, like file a haeas rid of habeas corpus. They have to be able to challenge their detention as well. They have to be able to get some sort of due process. Supreme Court has said they were entitled that and they did not receive it. So the other thing that I think is significant here is kind of a crack in the foundation because previously it was just like once you're gone, you're gone, and that's it, and we're not doing nothing about it. So the fact that they did and are bringing this one person back, I think also opens up a crack in terms of the narrative here. And then the last thing we mentioned a couple of times, just so you can see for yourself, they were adamant. There is no way, under no circumstance is Abrego Garcia coming home. Here is Secretary Christy No, I'm saying exactly that.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 7: Should never have been in this country and will not be coming back to this country. There is no scenario where Abrego Garcia will be in the United States again. If he were to come back, we would immediately deport him again because he is a terrorist, he's a human smuggler, and he is a wife beater.
Speaker 2: There is no scenario where he will be coming back to this country.
Speaker 4: Guess what. Here we are a few weeks later and he is coming back.
Speaker 1: It is nuts. I mean it's literally Gitmo, right, we went worst of the worst. How many what percent of people have been released from Guantanamo? I forget, It's like probably seventy or eighty percent. They're like, we're going to p prosecute them, and then they're like, oh, actually we have to drop all the charges because there was torture involved here, and actually we can't prove a lot of this stuff. I agree. I mean, this is basically, if we're following the same playbook, we have two, then by three you start to see some releases and some legal justification and eventually the bar cracks in the legal system two thousand and six. I think it's hom dv. Rumsfeld. We're about hot Habeas corpus now that they don't even need to go through all of that, right because that's already here law of the land. There's going to be some legal process. The fact that you haven't had some sort of seacot level removal since that time, has, you know, is obviously also evidence of what's happening. But I mean, I know there's been some I forget I was vaguely aware what was it Djibouti or something like they were sent South Sudan or something, but I think it's not the same. But especially egally, you can correct me if I'm wrong, they're taking a lot of problems in the in the court system, and I think that that's that this is part of what you will eventually see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so extraordinary development all the way around. So listen, guys, we'd planned to talk about the ohon, but we've got our guests to reading. We have the spokesperson from that Gaza Aid flotilla who we really want to talk to, so I'll let the bros handle.
Speaker 4: The broke well, I was it's appropriate.
Speaker 2: I'll exempt myself from that conversation.
Speaker 1: So I think THEO gets unfairly lumped into the manosphere. I think he's actually very funny, Like not.
Speaker 4: Even in a broke He's not funny, no, but but.
Speaker 1: I'm saying the New York Times people kind of put him in a manosphere. He's not like a creatine body. But you know what I'm saying, Like, to me, Rogan is much more like of a bro just in terms of his life and like kind of the podcast and UFC. But and I know THEO attends all of that, but like, I actually think he's a very funny person who does not rely on like bro comedy. Genuinely.
Speaker 2: I don't really consume this content outside of the things that are political.
Speaker 1: And I would tell you I think you would like his out of all of the major ones, this is probably the least political to me. He only goes viral for.
Speaker 2: But I'm not interested anything that's not I'm telling it's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Timothy Shallowman his podcast, they actually a good conversation.
Speaker 2: How would you compare him with with Tim Dillon?
Speaker 1: I think Tim is a lot I mean Tim is a very tim Is to me is more of like a George Carlin esque figure, like intellectual. Well, he's a very He is political in that I've seen his stand up and actually was surprised when the first time I saw his whole set it was not nearly as political as a lot of his podcasts. But he is like carl And esque, and he likes to point out the absurdity of a lot of politicians and a lot of like public facing media. I have not ever seen THEO any of his stand up, like live or anything like that, but I would be willing to gas just based on his podcast and all that. It's a little bit more of like a societal observation. So yeah, Anyway, I think out of all of the so called bro podcasters, I actually think he's the least political in terms of his as normal content. He does have a lot of politicians on, but I don't I think it's noteworthy if we remember when Trump came on, that's when THEO was talking about like being a drug addict.
Speaker 4: And and that's really more of his thing.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: He has on like therapists and yes, actually on some pretty interesting people. I think he has some good guests theil keep it up now, all right here, I actually think you're very good at weading.
Speaker 2: All right, All that being said, that combo will happen tomorrow. Let's go ahead and get to the latest with this Gaza AID flotilla. So we have some pretty dire updates coming from that Gaza Aid Freedom flotilla that was attempting to break the siege in Gaza. All the members of that AID group, including Greta Tundberg, have been arrested by the IDF and are now being held in Israeli prisons. So in order to give us an update, we're really fortunate to be joined this morning by Huita Eira. She's actually the spokesperson for the Gaza Freedom Flotilla. She also is a human rights attorney, and she joins us. Now welcome, Thank you, Yes, of course. So let's go ahead and start with some of the images that we were receiving from the ship yesterday.
Speaker 4: Let's go ahead and play. I'm going to show you.
Speaker 2: A video of quad copters that initially intercepted the ship and dropped a strange subject substance on board, so people can see what was going on here.
Speaker 4: Let's take a look at that.
Speaker 6: Okay, we have we are masking our face right now. We are cut coutures right above our heads, the most dangerous ones, and they are they are I don't know what this is. You don't know what pains are. Some chemicalology, no idea, but please send the alarm. They say that they want to intercept them in a very calm way. But we know what's happening. There is another war crime about to happen. We will keep you updated. Please put pressure on the government. Tell them that we are here because they are aiding and abetting this genocide. They are upholding a legal blockade. They're using starvation as a weapon of war. This cannot go on.
Speaker 4: You cannot live in a future like this.
Speaker 6: You need to do everything in your power and your power, use your bodies, use your horses. Amplified the voice of Palestinians, and do tell them that.
Speaker 9: We are here because they're not doing their jobs.
Speaker 4: Pawita, what do we know about what has happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Crystal, those images that you just showed were some of the final images and sounds that we had from our colleagues aboard the Madeleine. It was well in international waters, some one hundred and ten miles still outside of Palestinian territorial waters where they were headed to Gaza. Shortly after, we saw lights from Israeli commandos and the boat was hit, and then the communication was cut off and we have not heard from them. Since it has been over thirteen hours. We have not heard from them. We hear the Israeli government saying that they are being brought to the Israeli port of Ashtud. We need to stress that they are being taken against their will. They have been abducted unlawfully from international waters and are being taken against their will to the Israeli port of Ashtud, where the Israeli government will presumably process them. We hope that they do not further abuse them. And we continue to call on all governments, but especially the governments of these states, to sanction Israel because it continues to commit these blatant violations of international law aggression. We see what's happening in Gaza. Why we were at sea is because of our government in action as to what is happening to Palestinian people in Gaza, and it is enough silence. Israel has no legal authority to intercept a peaceful vessel. Sailing from international waters into Palestinian territorial waters.
Speaker 4: It says it.
Speaker 5: Had to uphold or defend its maritime closure of Gaza. It has no authority to enforce an unlawful blockade that is designed to starve a civilian population, and there is no security threat from a sailboat that is carrying twelve civilians and baby formula for babies who are being starved to death. So our governments need to stop accepting these abuses and pretexts from Israel as it continues to trample all over international law and genocide a people while they're at.
Speaker 1: It, Hueita, can you tell us about that seizure in international water? So this was one where the flotilla was actually outside of any recognized territory. What was the justification that was given to the flotilla for this arrest? And have you been notified yet if they're going to face prosecution and detention inside of Israel for this?
Speaker 5: Thank you for that question because it is so important. Under the UN Convention on the Law of the Seas, there is freedom of navigation on the high seas. This ship, the Madlin, was unarmed, carrying twelve civilians, including a member of the European Parliament, including a doctor and journalists and human rights advocates, and it was carrying humanitarian aid for eight people under siege. It constituted no threat. Israel had no authority to intercept it, nor to use violence to intercept it, certainly not on the high seas, but even if it had reached Palestinian territorial waters, because the International Court of Justice last year advised US that Israel's occupation, its presence in all of the occupied Palestinian territories is unlawful, and governments have an obligation not to recognize the illegal situation that Israel has created, and have a further obligation to do as much as they can everything they can to end this illegal situation. And on top of that, Israel is instituting this comprehensive blockade that is designed to starve an entire civilian population.
Speaker 4: That is a war crime, and it is not new.
Speaker 5: We're seeing the dramatic effects of it now, of denying everything food, water, aid, medicine to a people who have been bombarded for nearly two years. We are seeing emaciated children. We are hearing reports of accountless babies who have already died of starvation, all of this being done before the eyes of the world, while our governments do nothing or are actively complicit. So it is important to stress that no government has the authority to enforce an illegal blockade, and that is exactly what this is. Israel says it's a lawful maritime closure. It is absolutely not, and no serious legal authority will tell you that this is a lawful maritime closure. And we were not even close to that border. It went out into well into international waters, over about one hundred miles from Palestinian territorial waters, which is not too much different from what it did. Just a month ago. We had another ship that was going to head towards Goza carrying humanitarian aid. That ship was named the Conscience and it was right outside of Malta and in European waters, some two thousand miles from Israeli territorial waters, and Israel sent its drones to bomb that ship. And so Israel is using this kind of unjustified force against civilian objects, against humanitarian aid workers, all to stop people from trying to get to Gaza again, an unlawful blockade. The Freedom Flotilla coalition is trying to break it, but our governments should be doing the same, and if they don't, we invite people all over the world to join us for the next book we're going to send.
Speaker 4: Because we can't stop.
Speaker 2: To that point, Grata and others on board release pre recorded videos calling on people to pressure their governments. Let's go ahead and take a listen to a little bit of what they had to say.
Speaker 9: My name is Grifatimba and I am from Sweden.
Speaker 1: If you see this video, we.
Speaker 9: Have been intercepted and kidnapped in international waters by the Israeli occupational forces or forces that support israel I. Urge all my friends, family and comrades to put pressure on the Swedish government to release me and the others as soon as possible.
Speaker 10: So my name is river Sea, I'm from friends. If you see this video, it means that we got intercepted by the Israelis forces or complicits and we made maybe in a very bad situation now. So I do ask our comrades, our family friends to please share this video and put pressure on the French government so that we could be with my friends released and also of course that this genocide ends.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I had two questions for you first, following up on what Grata was saying there, what are you calling on people around the world to do to support these activists and their work? And also I saw reports that there may have been coordination with some other attempts to break the siege, So what happens next?
Speaker 5: Yes, we recorded those videos because we anticipated this kind of violent interception by Israeli forces. They have attacked us before, They have seriously injured and even killed our volunteers before, most notably in twenty ten a flutilla that I was on is Real violently rated that one and killed ten of our volunteers, And so we pre recorded these and put this out as soon as we lost connection with them. We are asking people all over the world to call on the government of these countries to put pressure on Israel to release them immediately, to guarantee their safety, and also, as you heard Revase at the end, also to undertake their obligations under international law to stop this genocide. Because the very reason that we have these twelve international civilians, our colleagues now abducted by Israeli forces is because they had to be at sea doing what our governments should be doing. And I want to stress that these twelve are now abducted or disappeared. We haven't heard from them in nearly fourteen hours.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: Thousands to thousands of Palestinians. Ten thousand Palestinians are also disappeared and are in Israeli dungeons. But we know that because of the privilege of the passports of the internationals, and because the eyes of the world are on them, and because we have thousands, tens of thousands of people mobilizing to put on these pressures, we know that they have more safety than the thousands of Palestinians and the two million Palestinians in Gaza. No government to speak up for them and protect them. So we are asking people to put this pressure to ensure the safety of these civilians. But also we need to keep pressure and remember why we're doing this, and that is to stop the genocide and protect the people of Gaza, and that requires governments upholding their obligations under international law. And so I mentioned that they're attack us now, but we're not going to stop. So we will be organizing to send another mission as soon as we can. We invite organizations, people and institutions that have more resources than we do to also mobilize boats and come with us, but we are also in coordination with other civil society initiatives that are aiming to break the blockade in other ways. Today June ninth, a land convoy left from Tunisia and it's making its way through Libya to Egypt and hopefully on its way to Gaza. And in just a few days thousands of people will be coming flying into Cairo from around the world and attempting to march to Rafa, the border of Gaza with Egypt, and demand that they be let through, because we have a situation where Israel has turned Gaza into a death camp and we have to do everything we can to break down these walls, to break the siege in any way we can, and that is civilian, nonviolent direct action, but also the pressure of people all over the world calling on our governments to also sanction Israel and hold it responsible for what it has been doing and continues to do.
Speaker 2: Huita, thank you so much for joining us this morning. We really appreciate it. Thank you, Thank you so much for having me. Thank you it's our pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much for watching, and it's great to be back. Crystal We will be back with you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You're bro shure tomorrow, always sure for having people tore right and going on. We switched days this week, so we'll get a gross show, ladies show, and then you and me back up.
Speaker 1: Lots of fun. Okay, we're gonna have fun this week. We're breaking things up, and that's the best part of all of us breakingpoints dot com. Try out that free month trial. You can BP free for all of that, but otherwise it's been a pleasure. It's been great to be back with all of you, and we will see you all later.