Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Christy Scales, Aisha Morrison, Nicole Hutchison, and Jess Navares.
Speaker 3: Welcome in to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm Nicole Hutchison along with Amber Garcia and mister Isaiah Standbag.
Speaker 1: I'm a boy.
Speaker 3: In SWBC studio. So I got a look excited. Guys. How y'all doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm sad though time together.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, yeah, that was supposed to be said. I'm just playing. Yeah, we're going back to the sound effect was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I mean we've got some time to really think about Dallas Cowboys. We had a bye week. Now it's time to talk ball. Did y'all watch the Eagles games?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: Watch every moment of it all?
Speaker 3: Right? What scares y'all the most about? Okay? Wow, Dang, I can't even get my thoughts out. What scares y'all the most about this Eagles team taking down the Dolphins yesterday? I think it was thirty one seventeen. There's a lot to be scared about. I'm not gonna want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot to be scared about. So when I think about the Eagles, we hope straight into this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll talk. We'll talk Cowboys and a few and break down their defensive front is disgusting.
Speaker 1: And when I say disgusting, I mean that in the most respectful way. They what they've done in the draft the last two years is absolutely ridiculous, and everybody allows them to do it. Everybody passed on players, They passed on Big Davis, they passed on Jalen Carter, and allowed these guys to get both of those monsters in there to the point where now you have Fletcher Cox sitting on the bench, you have Jalen Carter coming off the bench sometimes, you know, and you just have this rotation of just complete dogs up front that are starters on any team. Literally, they have two waves of guys that are starters on any team. And you can say the same thing about the defensive end position for the Dallas Cowboys, but the interior defensive lignment now allow for them to run a defensive set and a three to four that you typically would feel confident running against. But you can't run against that three four and they make it hard. And once you once you're able to take away a team's you know, one one third of their game, one third of their attack, you know, in terms of the running game, it makes it makes it very difficult in terms of progressing the ball down the field. I was a house bulst of you got you haven't guys that you have on outside?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they definitely have talent. But you'll never hear me say anything about the Eagles. Scare me. I've never put that ware next. Yeah, I'm that person. I'm that person. It's it's not about that. It's just like there's no other teams. Well, yeah, there are other teams, but because now the forty nine ers have guying out there. But look at it anyway you want. But I am not intimidated by the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you respect about them? That this has changed? Changed again?
Speaker 5: You have to appreciate some of the talent that that is in there, because that is what makes sometimes a very fun competitive game to watch and what makes it a lot more exciting when you're gonna face that team that's definitely a big one of your biggest rivals in obviously in your division, but all in the NFL as well. But we've seen it too when going up against a divisional opponent, how things can change and you never know what a game is actually going to turn into and who's gonna be benefiting from that game that week. So I think if we talk about the Cowboys versus Eagles, which will happen in a couple of weeks, that's coming right around the corner. Talent wise, I think currently they seem to be in the upper level right now. But that's not to say I don't trust some of the things that the Cowboys have, And going back to the whole ref and officiating of things, something needs to happen around the league and the NFL of just improving some of the calls in general, because we've seen it back to back. I think they finished no penalties yesterday, so yeah, yeah, but I'm saying some of yeah, it's some of those things that happen in that game. You're just like sometimes it makes you wonder, Okay, what is this really? You don't know what's right or wrong anymore sometimes when it comes to whether there's a call or something that's not being called. So it's just it sucks because we know how much a penalty can cost you in a game, and we've seen it happen before. So it just when you don't find any type of consistency when it comes to the officiating of just a game in general, whether it benefits you or the opposing team, it just sucks all in all, and I think that in general needs to be fixed.
Speaker 1: So you think that the referees had an impact on the game yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so. And you can say one was a better team in general, and that's fair to say. But at the end of the day, if it does affect the outcome from where or the other.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to be the time break of that one. I can agree with you know, the reference the officiating, But I mean that that Eagles team has they got some dogs in every position. I mean, starting with of course Jalen Hurts. Then you go to the receivers AJ Brown, DeVante Smith, like those are elite route runners, uh and day and Hurts had exactly, but he was still able to extend plays, you know, and make things shaken. Yeah, I mean I think that, And then I think they just added All Pro safety Kevin Byard. Like it's like they're they just did that maybe twenty minutes ago, breaking news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so Listen. I know a lot of people are listen. I'll draft I was drafted by the Cowboys, played for the Cowboys, never played for Philly, right. I know a lot of people refuse to give credit where credit is due, and because of team affiliations and loyalty. I hear you, and I get it. However, I'm a realist. Big kudos to the Philadelphia the front office, Like they are probably the most aggressive front office in the league, and because of that, you hear their names in the front of the of the NFC every single year. Same thing with San Francisco. They've been the one of the most aggressive teams in free agency and trades and all those things in the last few years.
Speaker 5: And that's what's impressive, the short amount of time that they've been able to do all those moves in acquiring Thilent and being able to manage everything under the cap like and make it work. That is very very.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kudos, kudos. I can't believe they got here.
Speaker 3: Yep. Yeah, scary addition to that side. Now the Eagles, you look at them, they're six and one leading the NFC East Cowboys right behind them. Then you've got, you know, of course, the Giants and the Commanders. Giants be the Commander yesterday, so that's you know. Oh, they play them in a couple of weeks. But let's talk about this Rams Cowboys game. Okay, he sounds stressed. I am not very stressed right now.
Speaker 1: We can't name names in terms of people that I would love to see Dallas trade for it because people are on rosters and we don't need any tampering issues. But there are some people out there that I would be hopeful that Dallas will be making phone calls on. Even most teams would not call on some of the people that I'm that I have in my mind because they seemingly are off limits. But in this NFL, nobody's off limits. And you have to take your shots, and you have to understand where you're at as a organization. You have to understand how close you are are you in striking distance actually being competitive to be able to go get a ship, you know, like get a go get a ring, and then you have to make the moves that puts you in the best position possible. And I feel as if too many organizations play towards the future, like, oh, well, we got to position ourselves for a run, you know, in a couple of years, or we got to position ourselves because of salary cap. And I'm like, you playing to win a ring, and you have to do what you have to do to get that ring. And I think Philadelphia has done a heck of a job. And I'm hopeful that Dallas. Dallas took steps forward this year this off season and being more aggressive, and I was very proud of them. They were They still stepped way out of their comfort zone. They pulled off the beat Cooks, they put out the guildmore right, It's like, Okay, they pulled these parts out, and I hope that continues. I hope they keep that energy. I hope they try things that other teams are unwilling to try to bolster this team because windows closed, windows closed, and there's you know the chances of you keeping your entire defense together. Yes, you you are able to secure your entire secondary you have, you know, you got some guys that you know, Trayvon that you are able to secure, you have Mica, but there's a lot of there's a lot of guys. Yeah, in reality, yeah, you're not gonna make everybody happen, and so you're probably not going to retain everybody. That's just the reality of this game. Guys are going to go chase the bag, whoever's gonna give them the bag. That's where they're going. I'm sorry, Cowboys Nation, but that's where this game has gotten. You've gotten to the point where players have to take care of themselves. And that comes in then in light of having to get their money in a short window of time. And if they're your organization that you're currently playing for, isn't going to give you that bag. Sorry, I have to go get this bag. So you might lose some of these players. So knowing that you might not retain everybody anyways, take your shot, Like take your shot as some cats that that you like, it would jump off the screen like there's no way they just pull that off, Like yeah, okay, let's go.
Speaker 3: So then what okay, let's just go towards that conversation, what position group do you want to upgrade? Then, since the trade line is coming up in about a week, what position are you going after?
Speaker 1: So there's one player in particular that I think about on the offensive side, Okay, offensively, I think, because when you think about trades, you're not trading for the future. If you're trading at this time of the year, you're trading because you're making Yeah, I need somebody to come in now, like what Philly just did. Like, that's our secondary is a little that's our only soft spot that we have on our defense. Let's let's make it. Let's make it strong, right, Let's let's have no weaknesses at all. Okay, impenetrable. So I think Dallas, I think there's one running back in particular that the team probably wouldn't give them up, but you could take your shot. And I think if they were able to grab this one running back, I think it would add a whole nother dynamic. Knowing that Tony Pollard isn't on contract beyond this year, so I think that's an opportunity. I also think that you can come out there and get another big boy on the interior defensive line. I'm talking about another run stopping Jonathan Hankins type of person that he can play next to. Or if Hankins, well, you know, God forbid anything ever happened to Hankins. You're not now sitting up there twiddling your thumb trying to figure out how do you feel that void? Because right now he's honestly your one big time run stopper. I mean he is. There's other guys in the house, not yet and not yet, and I think you will, I think he will, but it's just some guys take longer than others to catch on, and right now he's that he's one of those guys. There's no shot at him. It's just not happening in the time span that everybody was hoping. So if you lose Jonathan Hankins, you are now back in the same position because the guy that you drafted to play alongside him hasn't developed yet. So what options do you have if something goes wrong in that regard? Get somebody else for a sense of security. That's the only way team or teams are running the ball against you. Forty six forty seven percent of their snaps they're running the ball, So that's how they want to attack. You discourage them from running the ball against you by getting another big dog on the inside. So that's my thoughts. I know a lot of people are going to say, oh, we need another receiver. Well, you gotta find a way to get the receivers you have now the ball. Ye, so that's not it. I think that the interior defensive line would make a huge difference for this team. And I think if you can get there's only one running back out there that I would go grab that, that would be like a shocking like what the heck? How did they do that? And if they did that, I think this running game would turn up.
Speaker 5: Well, it's that's interesting because I think you currently do have some very capable backs on the team. It just hasn't We haven't seen it. It hasn't clicked. And that goes along the whole offense in general. You talk about wide receiver, Yes, you definitely would want a weapon like that on offense, but nothing like on paper you think this offense looks pretty good, should be pretty good. You shouldn't have You shouldn't have the issues that you currently have. You shouldn't be so like you don't you still don't know what you have on the team, like you don't know what your offense really is just yet, but it just it's not clicking. So to me, I would say, if I was looking at to add some talent, I would go to the defense and add some somebody in the secondary. I think I don't like saying this because I still think that Gilmore is a very capable corner and he is a veteran, has a lot, but there is some part of his game where he's just he'll be slow, you know, And I feel like Darren Blant, he's done an amazing job taking on that role, but you can't leave everything up to him. I think you're liking a little something after you lost Trevon Dicks with the injury, and the defense unfortunately has not gone back to being that defense that we initially thought we had at the beginning.
Speaker 1: I agree with you at the cornerback position. I think if there was a corner out there that you can get that is classified as a shutdown corner, there's only about three or four it Tho was in an entire league, right, so the probability of the team giving up a cornerback.
Speaker 5: Is probably hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless there's some issues they're having out there with the organization. It's slim to none that you're going to get that. But I do agree that would be a position that I would go after. I wanted to go back to the offense. Like the offense is not doing bad, it's just not as explosive and flash as people are used to, right, And that's something I talked about all through training camp that this whatever you have in your head in terms of this offense and what it's been like, like scrub that, like get your etch and sketch out and race that out the way and you start blank because this is a new offense is not going to look the same. It's not going to feel the same, it's not going to look the same. Offensively, they're six in the league in terms of average Russians per game. They're getting thirty rushes a game. Okay, ninth in the league in terms of rushing yards per game one hundred and nineteen yards per.
Speaker 5: Game's which is crazy because when you're looking, when you're watching the game, you're paying attention to the start. It definitely doesn't.
Speaker 1: Feel I feel like that. So we're talking about that's two stats. Top ten right in terms of the rushing game fourth in the league and third down conversions forty percent on third down conversion, So not only are you running the ball effectively, but you're actually sustaining drives because of the fourth on third down. Yeah, fourth in the league on third down conversion. Okay, and then Dak is fourth in the league on sixty nine point seven percent in terms of his completion rate. Doesn't feel like it. So statistically they're doing a good job. Now where are they sleping that? Well, they're eleventh worst team in terms of sacks. Okay, they've given up seven They've given up sacks on seven percent of their of their passes. Okay, that's after Dak escaped five sacks last week as well. Okay, So they're struggling up front trying to figure out that aspect of the red zone. That's something that stuck out in everybody's mind. So they're moving the ball, but are they putting it in the end zone? Right? So those are things that are sticking out in people's minds. And the big plays people are used to seeing big plays around here. Well, the only way you're gonna see big plays around here is if you can get that running game going in with explosive plays on the ground, not just the effective plays, not just the you know, the four or five yard runs, Like you have to have those splash plays to get those teams to come out of two high safety and go down to go down to one single high safety. Now you can get those big plays over the top. So just wanted to kind of bring that full circle because a lot of people are really they're not They don't they don't feel good about this offense right now. And I'm like, listen for a brand new offense with a brand new coordinator, with a brand new system, brand new terminology, Like they're not doing half bad. It just doesn't feel right.
Speaker 5: You can accumulate all those stats throughout the game, but are you scoring? And that's the issue point, that's a whole issue. There is like you see them driving down the field at times really really good, and then they get into now the red zone issues and they're unable to score. And I think that's where some of that perception falls into. When you when those stats don't translate.
Speaker 3: Points, what's those confidence level in this offense? I mean, you just ran off the stats, but what's your confidence level in this offense through the first six weeks seven weeks.
Speaker 1: I feel, honestly I understand this offense because I've been in this type of offense before, so I have a perspective and an outlook that most people don't. So I know where this offense can be and most likely will be towards the middle part of the season. We're not need the middle of part of the season yet, you know, so like by that time, I think that coach McCarthy will be hitting this flow. I think he's going to get his ebbs and flows. The communication will be on point, right, the substance tuition, the personnel groupings, the formations, the shifts, the motions, like all that stuff has to come into play where you're still keeping your foundational pillars of your offense, but you're just making it look different. That's the West Coast system, right. You might run the same seven dog un routes all day long, but guess what, I'm gonna move you around and I'm gonna change the leverage, I'm gonna change the emotions. I'm gonna make sure that this a massive matchup that I want to put you in motion. Okay they didn't adjust, Okay, I'm gonna bring you back now. Like, there's a whole lot of intricacies to the offense that they will get there, and I think you saw some of that last week. You started to see some of those things show up, Like, Okay, they're moving CD around. Okay, you saw turping a couple weeks ago. Oh turping. Shoot, they move turping around. There we go touchdown. They move CD around, Okay, they adjust some things. Okay, he ran a slant ROUNDE. But guess what they moved guys around. The linebacker Now move five yards inside and now CD has an open slant. So there's a lot of things like that that are going to continue to present themselves, but they have to get comfortable.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: To me, I think if you take the emotions out of everything on paper and everything that I just said, it looks it's okay, like this is something we can work with. But when you put emotions inside, which is me, I'm a very emotional person, I go through a whole roller coaster of things, you know. And I've only been working here and following the Cowboys for like ten years, so i haven't been following the team or the nfls as long as many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it was nothing, We're over here. Oh my god, I'm playing here.
Speaker 5: I feel really old. Yeah, it's it's yeah, let's just forget about that party, forget that. But my point is that when you put the emotions into the whole thing of like the trajectory each year after after year, and you get to a point where, for me, this year, I really thought we were up here. Beginning of training camp, you see everybody on offense. You you start putting all the pieces together. I'm like, man, we look good. You know we have the talent there. And then it's not really translating as you thought it would be. And then you're what we just said, you're watching what they currently are right now. Things are not really clicking, and you're still figure out what are they? Who are they? But you're still holding on to that belief that you know the talent that is there and so you can envision it. But then you go back and you're like, Okay, can they actually start piecing everything together making things click in this amount of time? Like how long is it going to take to get there? So I go through a roller coaster of all kinds of emotions of yes, holding on to hope, holding I see the talent they have it there. It just it just needs to finally click, and it will at some point. But how long is that going to take? And that's where I kind of just swift back and forth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a sense of urgency.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: They got the Round this week, the Eagles next week, so it doesn't get any easier. But we're gonna be right back right here on Girls Talk, Boys Talk, Stay with us.
Speaker 6: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the butt, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to foujopia.
Speaker 3: Burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 1: That's what I like.
Speaker 4: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Welcome in to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and this segment is presented by Rally Days. They presented by seat Geek. Give NFL fans an experience of a lifetime the day prior to Dallas Cowboys home games on October twenty eighth. Enjoy activities at mid the Lighthouse, get a behind the scenes tour of at and T Stadium, and more. Visit at T stadium dot com slash Rally Days for more information and to get your tickets. Today sounds like some fun. My parents are actually coming down here for the game. Yeah, I'm gave them tickets. It's gonna break my bang, but it's okay.
Speaker 1: Are your daddies you her moments?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm a bit of both. Yeah. Kind of spoiled.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm kindly you admitted that that mess. You're really spoiled, be super spoiled.
Speaker 3: This is a tabit. Let's continue on this conversation, guys, just let's let's switch gears to the defensive side of the ball. How do you feel like you got as a I guess coaching perspective for you both? How can you, I guess, help maintain the identity of this Dallas Cowboys decent defense. They've been so known for being aggressive and you know, pressuring the quarterback and getting turnovers and things like that. They got back to that last week, but we haven't seen that on a consistent basis. So so put your coaching hats on, coordinator hats on. I want to know y'all thoughts.
Speaker 1: I think this defense is improving. I truly do. I believe they're improving simply because of the fact they're being more effective and defending against the run. And shout out to Big Jonathan Hanken, shout out to OsO Di Gizua, shout out to d Law. Those guys have all stepped up to be influential in that regard, and because of that, they're able to start doing what they do best, and that's rushing the passer. What happened against the Chargers would not have had would not have happened hadn't been for the rush defense you're talking about. You shut down Eckler one of the most probably the most versatile running back in the league next to McCaffrey, who you faced the week before. He's the most versatile guy that right behind him, and you shut him down twenty seven yards, Like that's crazy, that's absolutely insane. That's obviously in the running game, and that's obviously getting a ball to him in a passing game as well. Marky's ability a good job of shutting that down. So these guys are doing a great job up front and negating the other teams number one threats in terms of running backs, and I think that's gonna pay dividends. Now dan Quinn's gonna have to continue to get in his bag because I think teams are starting to figure out how to defend or how to how to stop the pass rush. We started out at the top of the league in terms of sacks. Now we've fallen down to seventeenth, right in the middle of the pack for sacks, and with you know, average two point seven sacks per game. The reality is teams have loaded up, and this team has the personnel to get there, but they have to find a way to continue to remain impactful in that regard. Moving guys around stunts. I think that they've stopped doing as many stunts as they once were because of their intentionality of stopping the run. So when you were doing all those stunts, you were giving up big runs. You go back to the Arizona game, a lot of those big gaping holes were because they were stunning out of holes. Right, So when I'm stunning out of my hole, I'm going up there. I'm selling out for the sack. But I'm giving up literally one to two running holes for running backs to be able to run through. So if I don't want to do that, then guess what I have to defend the run now. And now I'm less, you know, less capable of getting to the quarterback. So something has to give. And I think that now they're more so resting assured, and hey, you just got to win your one on one matchups. And I'm not going to add as much scheme to the pass rush. There's more so just a matchup. Now, Hey Michael, beat that guy, Oaks will beat your guy. Like everybody, just head up, try to win. I'm not going to scheme you in position because it leaves us vulnerable in the running game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we know everything starts upfront, and how the defensive line goes affects everything else. I think, yeah, maybe their focus has kind of switched a little bit, a little bit into trying to stop the run, because we've seen it before. That was their one week Like, how do you say that weakest Uh? Their achilles achilles? What do you what was that saying? Yeah, I'm thinking in Spanish trying to translate here, but yeah, there their weakest area. Yeah, it was stopping the run, and they've managed to do that or improved at doing that. I think you do have enough guys up front where people that can get to the quarterback. I mean everybody you just mentioned on the line. There's so many guys up there that you can still I think, find a way to go back into creating so much more pressure and attacking the quarterback and getting those sacks. To me personally, I don't really, I don't. I'm better with knowing there's pressure rather than caring about sacks. You know, that to me is sex is you know, yeah, it's great when they're coming your way. Yeah, but at the same time, just pressuring the quarterback, because I think that does create the opportunities where this defense has been able to get their hands on the ball. You get their own blend intercepting and getting his hands on the ball. So I think it's just figuring out. But again you go back to injuries, it does affect the whole thing. Or like now you're having to use Mike a little bit more a linebacker that you weren't doing that as much before, and you kind of you know they're not gonna ever, I don't think put him just a linebacker. They're gonna using him to to create some pressure there. But even with him, a guy like him, you've seen in the past few weeks where teams have been able to kind of get hold of him, like handle him a little bit. But again you have other guys. That does create opportunities to allow other players to kind of get to the quarterback. So, uh, we'll see how how they keep trying to improve things. I trust dan Quinn very very much, And going back to what you were saying as of losing people and you're never having the same team or the same people around. That's one that's my guy, dan Quinn. I love him and it's been incredible the fact that two years in a row they've been able to keep him where when we didn't think that was gonna happen. Let once, let alone twice. So we'll see what, you know, what what his future looks like. But I think every year it does look hard.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: I don't want to speculate and get that far down the road, but yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: We're gonna run through the position groups real quick. I want to see a rating. I think it's like Madden rating, but it's gonna be one through five five being the best.
Speaker 1: Is the best on the team or best in the league, like and the team on the team.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we're gonna start with let's start with QB. Let's just go with Dak Prescott first.
Speaker 1: Uh can we do pointsmostly?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, I give Dak two point seven. Why I think he's doing a better job if it's some of his decision making. I still think that he can be more impactful in terms of making plays. I think you saw glimpses of that, but I think he has to be more consistent with that. Now. I can't sit here and tell him when to feel comfortable running the ball, or when to feel comfortable you know, making guys miss whatever it might be. You see some of that showing up more consistently, so I think it's it's starting. I think he's starting to get his spider senses back in that regard, But I still see him struggling to make good decisions as well so and a lot of the decisions that he's made bad choices on or against very simplistic looks, so that that kind of worries me at times.
Speaker 5: Uh, to me, I would say maybe like a three three point five maybe, But to me, I don't put it all on him. I think that Mike McCarthy, the way he's changing things, it just hasn't gone. It hasn't benefited Dak the way that maybe he was hoping to. I think there has been some clashing there where this new style offense is just not really working to who Dak has been as a player in his career so far. But I think they last week we started seeing some of that improvement of just letting him be a football player, like letting him be a quarterback and trust your instinct his instincts and letting loose and just play with your body reacting to things without overthinking everything. So again, I just I don't put it all on him. I think it's a combination of him being placed in a different scheme, scenario mold that he doesn't quite fit in just yet.
Speaker 3: Running back room. Who wants to do with that? Do you want to go first?
Speaker 5: Running back as a whole? I would give it well, I was gonna say three, but then thinking back to the stats that you brought up earlier, I mean, yeah, statistically, number wise, it does appear to be better than what my eyes see at times, So maybe we had a pointment. I would say three point five for them. They're and again not all in them. I think the old lines struggles there have affected the running game a whole lot, and that goes hand in hand. But I still believe you have a good running back group. I think they're they're capable, and Tony Pollard taking on that role, not that he can't, but he's taking out so much more workload than he's used to. You're asking so much more of him even blocking at times that he's required to do some of that. So I think, yeah, it's he's he's having to deal or take on a bigger charge than what he's used to, and maybe that that's the kind of reflection of what we see at times.
Speaker 1: I give him a four point two, you gave three point five. I think they're I think everything that you've asked them, they've been successful with it. Aside from you know, douce Van. I mean he's been throwing us some basket situations, but the rico's come in, he's been nothing but a hard hitting running back, falling forward every time he gets the ball. A lot of TP is doing a great job, but his average is high, just not getting as many touches a there are big splash plays that you would like, there's more so just kind of moving the change type place. So they'll continue to improve in terms of giving them more opportunities, but the opportunities that they have received, they've done great job with them.
Speaker 5: Receivers, Wait, what about you? You should throw in your skull.
Speaker 3: I'd give them probably a three point two. I'd say it. Oh, I would only say that just because kind of going back to Amber, I think that what they're doing statistically is good. But I just feel like we haven't really gotten that run game going, you know, we haven't really think that's them. I don't think it's on them. I think it's I don't want to I'm sorry. I think it's kind of the play calling just playing too conservative. I know that was kind of like the angle that McCarthy wanted, but I think it's a little too conservative. So I'd like them to I'd like them to get more touches Tony, especially Rico. We've seen what he's been able to do. Uh why are you laughing? Uh No, I mean I I just don't think that they've really gotten just guys going.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I think a conservative I think back the old school church, like you know, like the whare you're stocking you want to take stockings off? You know, they just show a little leg. You know, you show a little leg on offense.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, here you maybe yeah my open toe heels something.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I give him a three point two. I want to see more from them, a lot more, kind of like the receivers. I want to see a lot more with them too.
Speaker 1: It was the receivers for your scoring. There, come on you with your chest. You'll walk past one of them tomorrow. It's okay, you're right.
Speaker 3: With how I know they can be when we start.
Speaker 1: There, we're not going off for future?
Speaker 3: What is this okay? Right now? I would give them maybe like a three point seven. I say three point seven. Again, we haven't really seen much that we saw. Of course, CD have a big, big outing last weekend or the weekend before, so my days are all running together in week six. But I still want to see a lot from Brandon Cooks. I mean, I feel like I've said this a lot. You went out and got a guy who has speed, who can add to this roster, who's explosive, and he had multiple thousand yards yeah and four out his five other teams, and then he comes here and it's like one touchdown. I don't really like that. I want to see more from him. Yeah, Michael Gallup, I need to see him do better. Yeah, i'd say three point seven. Now what I know, I can't what they can be. That group can definitely be five. I think they could be a top receiver league.
Speaker 1: I give them a three point seven as well. Yeah, I mean I bove them up three. I just want to see them create more separation on one on one matchups. I think teams are starting to try to take away the run, and I don't think teams are really threatened by DA's throwing ability right now because of the offensive scheme. So I think they're getting a lot more man to man that you ever anticipating, and then they haven't been creating a ton of separation there, so I think they need to improve upon that. But I think the majority of the opportunities that have come towards Cooks or CD have been on point gallup. You have to play within what he's able to do.
Speaker 5: You guys are very generous. I feel maybe critic that's hard love. I was thinking more of a two oh yes, yes, I know I know when I was not expecting you to say that they have been okay by my initial evaluation of what I thought they would be. They have been absolutely terrible, but not by their own doing. I think it's more of the change of offense and okay, we're talking about I'm not saying it's for the players. I think this is the results of the result of it. If you have to rate what they're given as a result, the result is what it is. So I'm not putting it on them because I still think they are so talented. You have a lot of really good guys at the wide receiver group, and there are a lot of times that you see them open, like Brandon Cooks. Open is the ball getting to him.
Speaker 1: No, So it's it's more of like you ran into that same problem last year with a late season acquisition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the yeah, yeah. Anyways, the point is I'm not holding up holding it against the actual talent is more of I would say, the play call and the how you're scheming things for them. I think that that's a perfect example Ceedee Lamb when we saw it a couple of weeks ago or three weeks ago, when him being upset and getting mad in a game. That's something we haven't seen him do ever. That was the first time I ever saw him actually be upset on the sideline, and I think it's it's a build up of things not going his way, and then what happened the next week, they work together, they improved things and he was able to be pretty impactful. Not at the I would have wanted to see more of him instead of then forcing the ball to Michael Gallup. But I think the talent is there, they're just not being schemed the right way.
Speaker 1: So you mean like when Ceedee Lamb spoke up the next game, he got the ball early and often kind of like a Marii Cooper. When he spoke up, he got the ball early. I'm just saying commonalities, that's.
Speaker 5: All, all right, Well, history to stuf sometimes.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, we're gonna be gonna be right back right here on Girls, Talk Boys Talkers to buy Jigsaw the preferre dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger.
Speaker 3: That's why we.
Speaker 4: Created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 6: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 3: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 6: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with e spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a school, Petsy, finish nachos, stutter with PEPSI that's what I like.
Speaker 3: Plug back in again time I'm sorry. Welcome into Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Chicksaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and it's spooky season at the Star. Join us on Saturday, October twenty eighth for a Halloween spectacular brought to you by Mars Candy. Trick or treat from thirty plus restaurants and shops in the Star District, plus enjoy performance from a magician, spooky tunes from a live DJ, crafts for the kiddos, and more out onto Cedo Championship Plaza. This event is free, free, we love free, and open to the public. Visit Thestar District dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: I've seen this Jigsaw vehicle out there in the stars sometimes, you guys. Yeah, yeah, it's pretty dope.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: You guys have that downloaded? No, okay, you do, No, I don't do not. I'm actually gonna get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's continue. I think we wrapped up at receivers. Let's go to offensive line. Who wants to go first?
Speaker 1: What is so fun?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Line? Okay, o line, let's go with I'm not even looking at her right now. I can't have that app y'all can't. Uh okay, so old line, I'm gonna give a two point three. Two point three. They have not been good. They have not. I mean ever since you got the year five starting linement back, they have not. They're not as cohesive as they want to be right now. They will get there, I believe, as long as everybody can remain healthy, they'll continue to improve. Right now, it's just not good.
Speaker 3: But that's not that's not.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's on them. It's on them. They're not they're not blocking very well. They're not that's getting a lot of pressure in his face. They're not passing off responsibilities very well. They don't have gap integrity, they're not staying conjoined at the hill. There's a lot of things like there's just they're not they're not one unit yet. There are five guys that are good individually, but they're not a unit yet. So until they become a unit, they got they're at two point two.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I kind of was leaning towards and why it's not on them because I mean, they haven't played much together.
Speaker 1: But I'm hearing No, I'm not hearing that now they have to figure it out.
Speaker 5: I'm not hearing that you said last week you talked about them practicing together, being cohesive.
Speaker 1: They've been since camp, just played by players. They've been notice I mean, like they have to figure that the stuff that they're facing is not like crazy, it's you still have to be impactful and effective with it right. You have to handle your assignment. But like it's not like who's a coordinator for Buffalo back in the day. I can't remember his name. Anyways, there's not facing defense that are just coming out with some stuff out the wazoo, like this is normal stuff. The Chargers probably presented them the craziest looks in terms of pressures. In terms of their techniques, they had guys way outside the tackle box running stunts. That is difficult in terms of being able to stay with your integrity in terms of where you should be and making guys come to you. But other than that, they just haven't been awesome and they haven't been dominant in the running game in terms of moving people off the ball, And I think that's more worrisome than anything that's getting pressure way too often on three step drops right or shotgun catch and throws. That's not supposed to be that. The whole purpose of having this West Coast offense is so that your quarterback isn't facing pressure. He can make quick decisions. And then all of a sudden, you're still running that offense and you're still getting pressure. So something has to give.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to me, I would say maybe had two for them. I think they definitely have been struggling with injuries every single player to start off the season, when you had to rely on some of your backups. To my Dooga at the time was doing really well for given the circumstances, so you thought, okay, we're having to play a little musical chair here. But they're kind they seem to be holding up or being able to do enough. Like the first game Arizona. You didn't lose that game because of your O line, you know, so they were kind of holding it up there. Now you get all your starters back, and yes, I absolutely get the argument where you have to all be one unit, be cohesive, practice together. Everyone needs to be in sync and know exactly like okay, I know exactly what this guy on my right is gonna do, so I don't have to worry about that. Let me focus on this and vice versa. But at the same time, individually, I've seen it during games they do get beat one on one guys that are veterans, guys that you expect a lot more out of them because you've seen it. So it's just it's weird, Like that's the whole thing that has been very weird to me. When you know what this guy is capable or a lot of these guys, but then you see them getting beat one on one, and that's where I go back to, Okay, maybe the whole injury situation, it's affecting them a lot more than you think. And that's the only thing I can just trying to slam it.
Speaker 1: Dogs. They're facing some dudes, now, I mean they've these defensive fronts that they've played against in the first part of the season have not been easy. I mean, you face some of the best guys in the league. You face arguably the best one of the best defensive ends top three at least Hams done.
Speaker 5: That's the whole combination goes. You're facing someone that's really good and you're hurt too, Daniel, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Khalil Mack had his way against Tyrone Smith. I mean he's but he's also had six acts, I mean five sacks in a game. So, I mean, you're talking about somebody who's one of the top pass rushers in most recent history. You're talking about Bosa, not not Joey but Nick Bosa, who's one of the best pass rushers in the game. Today. You're about to go up against, you know, the best defensive linement in football this coming week. The following week, you're about to go against the best defensive line in football, you know. So, I mean like you got your hands full. You have your hands full. But to that point you have to figure it out because it doesn't get easier. So we can't sit up here and make excuses about something that's going to increasingly get more difficult.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, well we technically went over. But yeah, let's just real quick. Throw out our ratings for the last three positions. Defensive line go.
Speaker 1: Four.
Speaker 5: Oh that's what I was thinking too, Yeah, four four point three?
Speaker 3: All right? Linebacker room two seven? Oh wow, I say three too.
Speaker 5: I was thinking more like three.
Speaker 3: Around there, we round up safeties.
Speaker 1: Safeties. Honestly, I haven't paid enough attention to make to make that judgment. I really haven't. I apologize people.
Speaker 3: I get the safeties. I say three three eight, the A.
Speaker 5: Three eight have a little bump from what you're a going to say, Yeah, I think around three. I mean, there are times where a corner needs some help, some backup and they're not where's your safety. There are times where guys wide open and gets into the edd zone. Where's your safety? So yeah, it's just kind of been. Uh, it hasn't been as good as I thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 1: To start off corners corners, I'm gonna go ahead and give them a four or like a four to four. I feel good about the corners right now. They've done a heck of a job, especially in the absence of the of their lead dog.
Speaker 5: I would say, yeah, like around four point two, four point three, or they've done a nice job. Is just again they have taken a hit with the absence of Trebon Diggs.
Speaker 3: Special teams, Oh fresh team has been money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, money. Brandon Brandon Aubert's you know, he's two two more field goals consecutive field goals away from setting the record or a tying the record for most consecutive kicks for somebody in their first year. He's killing it. Great pickup front office. I didn't I had no faith in you, and this everyone did. You did a good job.
Speaker 3: All right. Well that'll do it here for girls talk boys talking. Thank you for the invine jig Saw the preferred dating partner the Dallas Cowboys. Is the last time we'll be working with you. With you, Lord, I have fun with y'all. Thank y'all so much, thanks for having doing the show. We'll see you guys back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.