Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Chetty Armstrong and Jettie I know he Armstrong and Yetty. President Trump attended last night's game, making the first sitting president to attend the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Trump got cheered, Taylor Swift, got booed.
Speaker 1: And the Chiefs stunk. It was like the Super Bowl was played on Earth too? Right? Are we the upside down? What the heck is going on? That's a decent point.
Speaker 2: Trump left before the third quarter, while the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Left halfway through the first That's right. Oh said it. That's pretty good Trump. That's right. I said it.
Speaker 2: Trump cheered, Taylor Swift booed maybe for the first time in her life, and the Chiefs just demolished. All three of those are sick. Somewhat surprising here you go, never in the game?
Speaker 1: Ugh uh? What do we got coming up? Before I get to my stuff?
Speaker 2: Campus madness update plus ongoing coverage of the shocking Nancy Mace rape, voyeurism, sexual exploitation, and trafficking accusations made on the floor of the House last night. More details are coming out. This is It's crazy. There's no doubt.
Speaker 3: Just what brand of crazy and who's bringing the crazy is not yet clear.
Speaker 2: So mentioned a record viewership for the Super Bowl one hundred and twenty six million people. Fox has watched across all their platforms, which you have to count because like I watched at least half the game on my phone while I was at the gym, and stuff on the on the app, so that should count, even though it wasn't, you know, home on the cable or whatever.
Speaker 1: The hell.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of people, though, one hundred and twenty six million people, that's that's a stunning audience. When it's great to at least have a tiny, little temporary return to the three channel. Everybody can talk about something world right, When the number one show in America can get nine million people sometimes one hundred and twenty six is quite amazing that we all we also do.
Speaker 1: That and CNN gets three hundred and forty people.
Speaker 2: Here is a woman blaming Trump for the Chiefs losing the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard this.
Speaker 2: That's the other.
Speaker 4: Reason why we didn't win, because the Trump was at the I said, gay Trumps are.
Speaker 1: Not good at our game.
Speaker 2: Now there are a lot of people that do things online for attention and it's fake. She sounds like because every year after a Super Bowl you see the legitimately losing their mind, upset people because.
Speaker 1: Of their team loss. She sounds legitimately crazy.
Speaker 5: Wasted, sitting in a chair crying a legitimately No, she was legitimately sitting in a chair wasted, crying into a washcloth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like those videos. Yeah, every year you get and it's funny. They're always drunk.
Speaker 1: Always.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, if if she has a husband or a boyfriend, sir, run for your life.
Speaker 1: Just run.
Speaker 3: I don't care what she looks like, her how well she can cook, Just trust me on what you know?
Speaker 2: Cook if she was hammered drunk, all right, I kind of want to know, well.
Speaker 1: She can cook, because that's what keep you around. There's all kinds of other problems. She's a bad mom. Uh, we never have sex, but man, can she make biscuits?
Speaker 2: And great?
Speaker 5: I don't give her a who that friend was that took that video and put it online because they're that friendship's over.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a decent point there. Does that to me? I'm going to make their life miserable until what they I die.
Speaker 1: Well, I never thought about that.
Speaker 2: I thank god escaped the everybody's got a video recorder era of my life when I was drinking. But yeah, if I'm drunk and saying stupid things and you record me and post.
Speaker 1: It all, that is not good. Are they any laws about that?
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 1: Interesting question.
Speaker 3: That's interesting expectation of privacy in a public place, right, you could prove that it was done intentionally with malice.
Speaker 2: But how is it different than like in the old days in radio? And this was a glorious time. Gladys play the hard These were the good times.
Speaker 1: Good time.
Speaker 2: The thing was tube amplification. Good times to be a radio host. Not a good time to be anybody out there in the world. But back in the day in radio, you could just call somebody up and have them on the air immediately and pretty much say or do anything and air them. And it was oftentimes incredibly unfair and very incredibly funny. Entertaining yes, And then you have a laws where you have to have one person's consent to do that, And then you have states where there are laws where you have both people consent to that. I mean the ones the person consent is ridiculous. So Joe and I have consented, We're okay with calling this woman at home pretending we're the fire department and saying her dog was run over.
Speaker 1: Let's call her.
Speaker 2: And that's good enough because Joe and I consent, but consent on both ends. Took all the fun out of these kinds of things on the radio.
Speaker 1: But how is that not.
Speaker 2: Applied to I video it and then put it out in the public sphere?
Speaker 1: Is it because YouTube is not?
Speaker 2: Is it that old thing with YouTube's not actually a newspaper or a television station or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know, is there are any attorneys listening hit us with an email mail bag at armstrong in geeddy dot com.
Speaker 1: What are the.
Speaker 3: Legalities the emerging legal realities? But they might have an era mail bag at armstrong in getty dot com.
Speaker 2: They might have to fix that because I'm not sure I see a giant difference for the victim there. Wow, you get hammered drunk and you're stumbling around saying crazys and your buddy videotapes he puts it on his Twitter account and now you're being mocked by everyone.
Speaker 3: Bringing you shame and humiliation. Yeah, yeah, I don't know what the law is currently on that.
Speaker 1: I have to work that out over time.
Speaker 2: Here's one of my favorite things that happens about once a week in the New York Times, parenting in a burning world.
Speaker 1: This is from a climate editor. Boy, she and I would have a lot to talk about, wouldn't we mean it? At time together? Right? They have fun? Apparently that's the news. Number One.
Speaker 2: Writers have spilled a lot of ink on the question of whether it's ethical, desirable, or financially advisable to have children in an era of accelerating environmental crisis.
Speaker 3: Writers are a self involved ninny and sorrier writers.
Speaker 2: Writers have spilled a lot of ink on that, and most of us have not read any of that stuff, like, well, I'll get to my ultimate point after this paragraph, because it's always the same to me. Indeed, it's on many Americans' minds. A twenty twenty four Pew survey found that more than a quarter of US adults age eighteen to forty nine who don't plan on having children cited concerns about the environment, including climate change, as the major factor. Yet we rarely talk about how people have already chosen to become parents. Can cope with their own anxiety and fears as their children contend with an increasingly unstable climate. I gotta tell you, I have, like most parents, a gazillion things I worry about.
Speaker 1: All day, every day about my kids that ain't on the list. Right right. This reminds me what's the technique called again where you.
Speaker 3: As like James Comy, you leak something to the press and you have the press call you and then they can quote you as commenting on the leak.
Speaker 1: That you leaked. I can't remember what that's.
Speaker 3: Called, the log rolling or the old dipsy doodle or whatever.
Speaker 1: I can't remember. If somebody remembers, tell me, but.
Speaker 3: This seems like kind of a version of them, where you terrify children, poor little innocent children in schools that they're going to burn to death, and puppies are going to burn to death, and everyone will die, including your mommy and daddy, because of climate change.
Speaker 1: And then when they grow up and say I'm not sure I can have a kid because it's so dangerous.
Speaker 2: You say, look, people aren't willing to have kids because I'm so dangerous. That is one hundred percent true and should be commented on regularly. I mean, when you talk about adults eighteen to forty nine, a quarter of them don't plan on having kids. How many of us weren't planning on having kids when we were twenty two, but then we changed.
Speaker 1: Our mind when we got older.
Speaker 2: I mean lots of us, So that younger end of that, a lot of them aren't going to have kids anyway, aren't planning to have kids.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: People are having less kids. There's no doubt about that. That's what I wanted to bring up. I heard something about China today. They're really struggling in China with marriages. They can't get people to get married. And then they went through this reasons.
Speaker 1: It might be.
Speaker 2: While people of blah blah bah. There's something happening, and I don't know why. People just aren't willing to understand this. There's something happening in modern society with comfort and luxury or attention span or something where we're just not interested in coupling and having children. Why they have to assign a reason to it. It's climate change, it's the rent's too high, it's the Trump is in office.
Speaker 1: It's no, it's not there's something going on. As a beast that's taken away.
Speaker 2: There's no stronger desire on planet Earth than to couple and have kids. That has gone away for some reason. And it ain't because of the rent, right, I would agree completely. And the fact that it's happening in communist China, yeah, and capitalists South.
Speaker 1: Korea and Denmark and Italy and the United States and rural America and cities, yeah, right exactly.
Speaker 3: And the other thing that bothers the hell out of me about that conversation is I find it so pathetically and it's a perfect, you know, the manifestation of victimhood culture, where you've got to be a victim of something to get.
Speaker 1: Attention and feel important. But for the lady for the New York.
Speaker 2: Times to say, these times they are so dangerous and volatile, we can't have children, Not during World War one or two, or the Middle Ages or the smallpox outbreak or you know whatever, the Cold War or the race riots.
Speaker 1: And assassinations in nineteen sixty eight. No, these are the times that are really scary.
Speaker 3: Oh, man up, including the women, She s Louise quit celebrating weakness.
Speaker 1: What do you get when you do that? I'll give you a minute.
Speaker 2: What kind of society do you get tictok a week one right, you nailed it, ge money, and a new guest essay, the Oregon writer Emma Pate explains how she had made peace with the dire facts of climate change, including Wait.
Speaker 3: A minute, Wait a minute, an Oregon writer named Pate?
Speaker 1: Is this parody? I wrote? I know? Is this Fred Ormison? Uh?
Speaker 2: She's made peace with the dire facts of climate change, including the reality that her children will be increasingly affected by warming and pollution or climate related disasters in the years to come. I know my children are likely to die in the endless hurricanes. But I had children anyway. How brave of you whether it's ethical to have kids. Screw you and you determining whether it's ethical for me to have kids.
Speaker 1: Man, these people are insufferable. They really are. I know it. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: You know what, if you had children, you'd be too busy to write this stuff. You wouldn't have time, right right, we got and you wouldn't be worried about fanciful half a degree elevations in forty seven years.
Speaker 1: Please, we got a lot more in the way. Stay here. What really doomed Joe Biden's presidency? Well, actuary tables.
Speaker 2: But what doomed in politically early on was the pull out of Afghanistan, which was a disaster. Everybody watched on TV as his poll numbers plummeted. He never recovered and CBS News checking in on Afghanistan. What life is like under the Taliban. Here's the reporter interviewing a Taliban leader.
Speaker 1: The president has demanded that Thaliban give back the hardware value.
Speaker 2: That's seven billion dollars hardware put on parade last year at an abandoned US air base.
Speaker 1: Abdul Kahar Balki.
Speaker 2: Is the Taliban spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Is it entirely out of the question that the Thaliban would ever return this military hardware?
Speaker 1: Is it absolutely off the table?
Speaker 6: These are the assets off the state of Avanistan and they will continue to be in the position off to stay toughle funds.
Speaker 1: It seems like there's no deal then with the president.
Speaker 6: People don't make deals on the assets of these states. They make agreements through doalg and engagement to find spaces and areas of common interests.
Speaker 1: Fresh and translate that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, First of all, the Taliban leader speaks better English than me.
Speaker 1: Where do you go to school, not public school.
Speaker 2: Apparently, I guess he's I would guess he's British educated, judging by his accent. First, I was thinking, why are you asking this question? There's no way he's gonna say, oh, yeah, sure you want to back, We'll give him back. But I guess because President Trump has demanded him back, and so that's a reason to ask the Taliban leader, is there any any circumstance where are gonna give them back? In the Taliband's gonna say no. Of course they're going to say no, you want them, come and get him. It'd take a lot of troops in many, many years. I think you tried that once before. But if you want to go ahead, I think it's much more likely again they're going to say, make us an offer.
Speaker 1: Let's talk.
Speaker 2: We got your stuff, you want it back? We need money. Yeah, they don't need some of this stuff. I mean, they probably want to keep a lot of the guns and everything, but they don't need tanks and humbes necessarily to keep the population under control. They'd probably be happier in heck to sell those for a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Wows Uncle Joe, wowow Wow. So I'm on this just popped into my head.
Speaker 2: So I'm exchanging gratitude lists with this guy.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: We decided the other day we're going to get on this habit. We're going to be grateful for his stuff, and he's.
Speaker 1: No, no, just uh.
Speaker 2: I'm going to text him every morning and and I forgot today, so I got to do it during the commercial break. I'll text him every morning three things I'm grateful for, and he's going to text me three things he's grateful for.
Speaker 1: I brought up the whole idea of.
Speaker 2: No wine February, the no whining during February, you know, on the kind of the flip side of whining. And one way to get out of whining is to be grateful for the good things. One thing a person I put on my list today, be grateful you're born in the freaking United States. If you're born in Afghanistan, you're going to have an awful, miserable, possibly very short life. Yeah, no matter what your attitude.
Speaker 3: Is, unless you're an active participant in evil, that would help.
Speaker 2: It would give you a better chance of survival probably, But yeah, and that you know you can have all the strength of character you want, you're gonna have a miserable, short, painful life if you were born lots of places in the world other than the United States. Doesn't happened in the United States. Isn't the only place you can avoid that to a fate. I mean, I think if you're borning, you know, some rural village of France, you probably have a decent life. But there are a lot of places where you you got no shot and it's just luck.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's wrong. This is the worst most racist country on earth. What else should I put on my gratitude list?
Speaker 2: Mcflurri's grateful for Oreo, mcfluury's that come in two sides.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow coming up a campus madness update, k through grad school madness, good news and bad news.
Speaker 3: Tell you was as long as we have a minute, the next doge like effort and I don't know if it could be cat or something like that, muskrat spell out all the letters involved in seriously calling out the bull crap of the American education system from top to bottom and making it a national beyond a moonshot priority like more like, you know, curing smallpox or getting electricity to all fifty states style effort to get rid of what's wrong with the American education system and straighten it out. Honestly, that might be the single most important thing we could conceivably do, right up there with dealing with overspending in the national debt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if we might not be better off if we only focused on the education, the schools and like put all the effort into that. Yeah, be more likely to be successful because there's plenty there, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 4: So Democrats have been playing hopscotch while Republicans are playing grand theft dollar four and we're finally starting to realize, let's put the chalk down and let's actually focus on what are those lanes where we can pursue, like the legal cases, like legislatively, really the budget that's really really place where they do have power.
Speaker 2: That's particularly talking about the whole doge thing. But we've been mentioning this column by Rich Lowry of National Review, where he says, this is the biggest win in the last three weeks for the right in the culture war in half a century. And I'm so used to losing every cultural war thing. The idea that we're winning now is a bunch of issues is just I don't even know how to I don't even know how.
Speaker 1: To feel right. It is so odd, but it's it's great.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, and I think the voices of sanity need to, you know, make as much progress as quickly as possible. I suspect, you know, barring well, you know that's crazy to try.
Speaker 1: To predict anything. Trump will have four years.
Speaker 3: I'm certainly hoping his successor at least wires at least oh boy, the constitutional corsis will have at least four years to continue the progress that's being made. But we absolutely need a moonshot style effort to reform education in this country because it is absolutely killing us. Michael, It's a campus Madness Update, good and bad news edition, good and bad.
Speaker 2: News, madness screaming, how's madness?
Speaker 1: You idiot on the campus? God, how's quite scream Yeah?
Speaker 2: No kiddingel So, disembalment figures into the story somehow, so well metaphorically speaking.
Speaker 3: So we'll start with some good news, really interesting piece about Tufts University, which is to the left of Trotsky Boston area. But there's a professor by the name of Hirsch there who teaches a class on American conservatism that is always one hundred percent enrolled and extremely popular, and he a man of the sane center left, has them read Frederick Hayek's Road to Serve Them at Ininran's The Nature of Government, and then has lefty writers assigned as well.
Speaker 1: That says, all right, let's talk about this issue.
Speaker 3: And it is a classic American education where you have to understand both sides before you say which one you're on. And he is systematically steel manning conservative arguments for the college kids. And the really encouraging part about this is the kids love it.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: And poll after poll has shown that a lot of college kids resent the cancel culture and the bully culture and the radical culture. But they just they're afraid or you know, intimidated into silence. And there's a lot more curiosity out there than I think you would think from looking at college camp.
Speaker 1: God, are we.
Speaker 2: Actually coming out of peak that? And we'll never have to deal with it again, at least in our lifetimes. I mean, did we just live through the pendulum swinging to the far end of that nuttiness?
Speaker 1: I share hope. So I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm a little afraid of it being like a sports team that you know has a very bad beginning of the season, then they win six in a row and you think all right, and then that is just a blip and they go back to being bad. I think there's so much of a fight to go on, but let me plunge on here. We can talk about this at length. A great piece in the Free Press about how all over the country, including in some surprising places, educators are covering up for their own failures wholesale. We should have the best education system in the world, they write, we should have an education system that reflects us being a superpower. But there's no one with a straight face who can say that the United States has a world class education system. And that's from a higher up in the New Jersey Department of Education, now retired. But they go through place after place where because they are failing to meet any standard, they are systematically changing the standards, including this shock to me. In twenty twenty four, Oklahoma schools seemed to perform a miracle. They went from twenty four percent proficiency in reading to forty seven percent in two years. You almost number doubling the previous figure. You see that number in a year. You know, something funky happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Indeed, if it sounds too good to be true, that's because it was. In last year, Oklahoma lowered its cut scores, the score a student needs to hit on test to be considered proficient.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. That's good Hearts law. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Once, once a measure becomes a goal, it ceases to be a good measure.
Speaker 1: Yep. Trend is also happening in New York State.
Speaker 3: After not a single eighth grader in the upstate city of Schenectady tested proficient in math in twenty twenty two, state officials lowered the scores the following year. Wisconsin lowered cut scores last year. Illinois is about to lower its scores, et cetera, et cetera. We did in tell a lot of blue states, but Oklahoma shocked me.
Speaker 2: We've done it in California a couple of times. Well, it speaks as much to the nature of bureaucracy as liberalism. Well it's a good Heart's law. I mean that seems to be a law. No matter what you no matter your politics, you come up with a goal, or you measure something, then you come up with a goal and then you just fudge to meet the goal, and so the measure doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 1: And that's it happens, over and over again.
Speaker 2: I can come up with one hundred examples up the top my head, because I think it's a fascinating aspect of the way the human brain works. But how are there not People raise their hands, say, we can't be lowering the standards.
Speaker 1: We need to raise the quality field tradition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right right, lift up the children, don't drop the standards.
Speaker 1: That'd be a good slogan.
Speaker 3: Veering back to good news, The Department of Education on Friday, Cancer which still exists, apparently canceled fifteen million dollars in federal grants that were used to fund diversity programs at three universities in California, State, La, Virginia Commonwealth, and University of Saint Thomas and Minnesota. All had received giant, multimillion dollar grants, part of a billion dollars a billion that the Biden Education Department spent on diversity programs in America's schools, nearly half of which went to grants for race based hiring. That is, at least temporarily on the way out. Now back to bad news. Two stories here that are adjoined at the hip Brown University Medical School that's one of your elite ivy leaguers.
Speaker 1: By the way, elite. I almost vomit when I say that about these universities.
Speaker 3: But they now give diversity, equity and inclusion more weight than excellent clinical skills in its promotion criteria for faculty, raising questions duh about the equality of teaching and patient care at the elite medical school and underscoring how deeply deis penetrated medical education. Again, when they decide what faculty to promote, they now give DEI more weight than excellent clinical skills.
Speaker 1: I saw that over the week in Medicine. I meant to mention now on the air, that is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: I was looking at the actual paperwork, the criteria, and really your plan for how you're answering the question of how you're going to get diversity, equity inclusion into your your medical practice is more important than your actual SI right, that is how or as important?
Speaker 1: How is that even possible?
Speaker 3: You could take a talk show host's opinion on this, or you could listen to Bob Cerencioni, an orthopedic surgeon Maryland, This is as stark as it gets the criteria. Say what DEI medical schools is all about, and it's not about clinical performance. Hector Choppaw, clinical professor at Texas A and M, said it was difficult to comprehend why clinical skills get less weight than DEI quote.
Speaker 1: That is heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: Clinical skills are of paramount importance and should be considered major criteria for any promotion.
Speaker 1: The quotes from saying people go on and on, but we'll keep moving.
Speaker 3: University of California Schools oops illegally used racial preferences and admissions lawsuit alleges.
Speaker 1: Of course, California.
Speaker 2: By gonna Trump prove California we already in deficit, but we're gonna spend fifty million dollars to do it.
Speaker 3: They are illegally still recruiting based on race and with a paper thin, a tissue thin cover up of what they're doing all across the UC system.
Speaker 2: That fifty million dollar Trump proofing California legislation. By the way, past Friday afternoon late I noticed when I got the ding on my phone it was like five thirty California time when they announced the passing of that.
Speaker 1: I think that was an accident. He laughed, I laughed, And.
Speaker 3: If that got you riled up, this is going to make you completely insane. You may remember that last year San Diego school officials got sued for punishing a student for supposedly wearing blackface at a football game when it was really just team color face paint. Well, now a worse and more horrifying battle is unfolding within the Capistrano Unified School District in Orange County, where an elementary school student was punished and deemed racist for making a drawing that say it said black lives matter, with the offending phrase all lives matter under it. The girl, through her mother, is suing the school district. Listen to this, and we could get into the legalities of this, but I think their self evident. The fractice began when the girl who's just identified as BB heard a lesson on Martin Luther King that also touched on the Black Lives Matter movement.
Speaker 1: This is in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: BB's teacher read her and other students in the class of a book about Martin Luther King and also discuss discussed the Black Lives Matter movement. Students were probably already familiar with it is. The school had a picture displayed that included the phrase black lives matter, along with a clenched fist that young BB saw every day. And this girl is where does it say that? The whole clunch six years old?
Speaker 1: Six? Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the clenched fist accompanying that sign off awesome.
Speaker 1: What are you trying to say there?
Speaker 2: So BB became concerned for classmate of color, while b B did not understand what phrase meant. The book had the effect of making BB feel bad for a classmate of color, who then drew a picture for her little friend to help her feel Included. BB's picture contained the frame black lives matter, drawn in black marker. Below that was the phrase any life, written in light colored marker. Before any life were four circles of different colors, which BB drew to represent three classmates in herself holding hands. And for that she was suspended for school, singled out, browbeaten, yelled at by the teacher, forced to apologize to her little not a chance, not a chance, not a chance, not a chance. I realize it's easier said than done to pull your kid out of school because it's really really expensive. I'm paying the bills right now. But no way, I'm letting my kid have to apologize for that and sending them back into that classroom.
Speaker 1: No flipping way, Little.
Speaker 2: MC, the second girl in question, expressed confusion about what BB was apologizing for. BB shared MC's confusion about the need for an apology, but she did as she was ordered to do. She was then prohibited from taking part in recess for two weeks. She was banned from recess, forced to sit on a bench and watch her classmates play without her for that sin.
Speaker 1: That's California schools, folks.
Speaker 3: I'll move around along before I say anything that would end our careers.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable. I know it is.
Speaker 2: I know it is. I tell you what. It makes me, just absolutely militant. I would be eupy I would be in danger of getting arrested if I got into a conversation about that with my kid at the school.
Speaker 3: We could talk about an oh, oh, it would go very very badly. Yes, we could talk about the former Oakland, California teacher who is now suing because she was fired for not calling a five year old by the right pronouns because the five year old's crazy ass activist parents had decided that their five year old was misgendered, and finally this.
Speaker 1: To drive home the point that.
Speaker 3: We need a Space Shot style effort to clean up education. Three Columbia University encampment leaders are suing the school alleging that it's disciplinary actions such as they were, caused them quote severe emotional and psychological harm, and one of the attorneys is Jim carl James Carlson, a professional anarchist who stormed Hamilton Hall last spring and clashed with a facilities worker with the militant students again, the university gives them pitter pat sanctions for violently taking over buildings, and they sue for damage and other relief for severe emotional and psychological arm including anxiety, depression, and trauma for which they are seeking treatment. Wow, if we as a society can't stand up and face that sort of thing down, we deserve to go away. We deserve to be taken over by China or whoever else.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. But none of this is going to matter because an asteroids going to hit Earth in eight years. I've got the details on that coming up. Among other things.
Speaker 7: But the price of eggs skyrocketing from bird flu. Shortages are growing from coast to coast. Some chains like Costco and Trader Joe's are limiting the amount of eggs customers can buy, and it stores with eggs on the shelves sticker shop. Eggs are now so valuable become a target for thieves. In Seattle, surveillance camera captured suspects entering a shed behind Luna Park Cafe. Or police say they stole more than five hundred eggs. Jerry's Organics had to beef up security after thieves stole.
Speaker 1: One hundred thousand eggs from their farm.
Speaker 7: In Pennsylvania, bird flu was impacted tens of millions of farmed chickens, sending egg prices up sixty.
Speaker 1: Five percent in the last year.
Speaker 7: The Department of Agriculture projects egg prices will increase again about twenty percent this year, and we're told that it will be at least another six months before egg price is stabilized.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why the kids are sharing a room now my guy did when I was a kid, and the other room is being used full hens. You got about one hundred hens in their laying eggs where the money is got the.
Speaker 3: Hens little hazmat suits so they don't get the bird flu.
Speaker 1: You almost eat more eggs than I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just I realize if you're a restaurant aware, Well, let's hear this story first.
Speaker 7: In Los Angeles, Canter's Deli has been in business for over one hundred years now. So basically, just to explain this, you went from dollars a month a few years ago to know at least twenty three to twenty five thousand dollars a month for eggs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for pretty much the same product for them, the same amount of eggs.
Speaker 1: And they are drowning under those costs.
Speaker 7: A business has been in business for one hundred and five years now, can't break even.
Speaker 1: Not just simply because of the eggs. That's enough to do it. There you go.
Speaker 3: So they're just gonna have to lose money till the egg thing gets straightened out. To hold on to their customer base, they keep on serving meals and just losing money on everywhere.
Speaker 1: That would suck.
Speaker 2: But I might eat three eggs a month, I don't know, A couple of week, I don't know, don't do do do more people? Most people eat way more eggs than me. I don't know that I too, will really enjoy four or five a month, maybe six. Well, although it's in you know, bread and stuff like that too, truely, Yeah, which all made indeed, which makes everything go up in price. Well, I'm big right now on the thing you talk about a lot with the tiny number of ingredients like I got banana bread at the store the other day, and the ingredients where like banana, walnuts, butter and some else like four ingredients, And yeah, it makes you feel a lot better than when you get that long laundry list of ingredients in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great rule of thumb for avoiding the what do they call it, the ultra refine foods or Hunter process? Ultra process. Yeah, highly process.
Speaker 1: So we have more to the Nancy May story an hour for we do.
Speaker 3: Indeed, the concious woman from South Carolina got up and gave a shocking speech about rape and sexual exploitation and name specific names of her oppressors and those who victimized her and other women called out the Attorney General of the state of South Carolina against whom she is going to be running for office soon. It's all very odd and shocking and unprecedented. On the floor of the house. We'll have some of the audio for you and some interpretation. But this story is not going away. It's one brand of crazy or another, and we haven't figured out which brand yet.
Speaker 1: I'll get to that now or four. Two quick things before we take a break.
Speaker 2: One I'm really liking on the iPhone the AI summary of my texts.
Speaker 1: I'm finding that very very handy. Huh. I haven't used it yet.
Speaker 2: I did I have a choice in using it. It just showed up on my phone when I had did the update, But now all my texts. I glance at it and there's an update long text from the babysitter saying, you know dropped off Henry. She will pick him up, but as a much longer text day. The way it picks out just the information you need and gives it to you in the bullet is awesome. Uh. And this story, NASA is tracking an asteroid that could hit the Earth in eight years. The asteroid is between one hundred and thirty and three hundred feet long, which I believe gets you into destroy the dinosaur's territory. Estimated two percent chance of an impacting Earth at this point, I had a one in fifty. If I had a one and fifty chance of winning five million dollars. I'd be as excited as hell.
Speaker 1: I would be too.
Speaker 2: We have one and fifty chance of having a dinosaur level exting. Seems like this is a big story. Sweet meat or death. Better late than never.
Speaker 1: Eight years, Well, it's been a good run. Been a good run.
Speaker 2: We do four hours every single day. We're kind of petering out though, after a good run. It's been We do four hours every day. If you miss an hour, or like me, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty