Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Part two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from The Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: Welcome everybody. It is the bits, just the bits.
Speaker 4: If you're catching up on the show or want to know what happened on The Bobby Bone Show this week. Maybe you were on vacation, hopefully you were or relaxing somewhere and you just need to.
Speaker 3: Know what happened. Well, I've got you.
Speaker 4: Make sure before we dive in, you go check out Part one and part three this weekend with Abby.
Speaker 3: We've got a listener Q and A in there.
Speaker 4: Answering all kinds of questions about her boyfriend because that was a hot topic. And of course we updated you guys on life, what's been going on. I went to a Casey Musgrave show, shared my review on that and the things we've learned new also the animals we do not want to be attacked by. So good stuff over there in Part one and part three, But for now, this is why you're here.
Speaker 3: It's just the bits.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: A listener sent in a BBS jingle, So we have these jingles that play every morning on the show. You've probably heard them before, and oftentimes you're always like, who are singing those? Well, a listener sent one in that's so good, like so good and so calling. I was trying to say good and call me at the same time because it was just that good. But not only that, it prompted us to have a jingle game.
Speaker 5: And you guys.
Speaker 4: Already asked like, who's singing that? Who's this artist that's singing this one? And so maybe if you have that question, you can listen to this game, and now you'll know who all the jingles are on our show when you're listening. That's like a little peek behind the scenes.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 4: It's the listener's jingle for the Bobby Bone Show and the jingle game number seven.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play a game here, but it's gonna start with a voicemail. So a listener sent us this voicemail.
Speaker 7: What's up, guys, I wrote a jingle for Bobby love all the other ones I've heard.
Speaker 8: Here's my own. Check it out. Bobby Boom Bobby bomby bo Yeah.
Speaker 1: So good. That's really good. So then Michael that's his name from North Carolina sent this updated version from a recording studio Bobby.
Speaker 9: Boo Show, Bobby Bone Show, Bobby bon Show.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that should be the after the end show. That's amazing. Coming down, you're chilling. It's like, that's it. We'll see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Bobby Bone Show, Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 8: Bobby.
Speaker 9: Bone Show.
Speaker 1: That's so good. That's pretty legit scoobody like that. Yeah, man, that's pretty really cool. And I talked to that guy Michael to get these, and he's a really nice guy.
Speaker 5: So this is really cool.
Speaker 1: I wish we knew it's like Instagram or something we could share it. But regardless, Michael, that's awesome, dude. At the end of the segment, we'll play it too. But here's what we're gonna do. We have the eyest of vocals of artists. These are new ones we haven't done yet, singing the Bobby Bone Show jingles. Oh boy, can you name the artist that's singing the Bobby Bone Show jingle? Crazy? These are all artists that we play on this show or this station. Are you guys ready?
Speaker 10: Number one?
Speaker 1: This is the Bobby Show. Come in.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna play it one more time.
Speaker 2: This is the Bobby Show.
Speaker 1: But I don't want any specific lunchbox.
Speaker 5: I have Dan and Shay or more specifically Shay Eddie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Shane Mooney, Amy, Shay Coo. I would have taken Dan and Jay or Shaye Mooney. Good job number two, Bobby Bone Show, and.
Speaker 7: For the whim.
Speaker 1: Amy Brett Eldridge, Brett Eldridge, Eddy Brett Eldridge.
Speaker 10: Correct, Good job number three.
Speaker 11: This is Bobby Boone Show.
Speaker 5: Now I'm in trouble.
Speaker 1: I'm in named the artist.
Speaker 11: This is Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: Waiting on lunchbox.
Speaker 5: This is her name.
Speaker 1: He thinks she's got another name.
Speaker 5: Nah, I get her a confused. There's a couple girls, I get confused.
Speaker 1: I'm in for the lunchbox. Ashley McBride, Eddie Laney Wilson, Amy Laney. That is Laney Wilson.
Speaker 11: Here you go here, this is the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 10: Eddie and Amy take the lead.
Speaker 1: Next up and get your bones on, Get you Bobby bones on. Oh my gosh, I've heard that one forever. And get your bones on, Get you Bobby bones on?
Speaker 10: Who is that artist?
Speaker 5: Get your bone?
Speaker 1: Mammy jumped in Eddie struggling lunchbox. His eyes are wide open, right.
Speaker 12: Get your bomb, Get your bones one, more time and get your bones on, get you Bobby bones On?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, need an answer. Lunchbox, Sam Hunt, Eddie. I didn't know we had this, guys. It's Morgan Wallen Amy, Morgan wall Organ wall And it is what a get? I think we've had it. Like when do we do that? That's crazy? Like, yeah, what a get? Yeah? Man, the star is a superstar.
Speaker 10: He's been in he talked to him. I mean, okay, next.
Speaker 2: Up, Bobby Show, what Bobby bon Show.
Speaker 13: I'm confused by the second person.
Speaker 1: The second person, Yeah, he says the show. I think it's the same person.
Speaker 5: Sounds totally different.
Speaker 1: Why would you tell him anything?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 1: Why are you helping him?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying. You can if you want. I'm asking. There's the second person. No more times.
Speaker 5: We'll go with that.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox Astley McBride, Eddie. That's Kelsey Vallerini Amy.
Speaker 6: Kelsey was first.
Speaker 12: Show.
Speaker 10: There's also a breath in there, Bobby Bones Firs.
Speaker 1: There's no way, no one can do that. All right, next one?
Speaker 15: This is the boy Ball Show?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 15: This is the Baby Ball Show?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Oh I know what I'm in.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got that lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Hey, are you in the uhlan?
Speaker 1: Eddie? What a get justin Bieber?
Speaker 10: Amy?
Speaker 15: Yes, this is the boy Ball Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear it now Amy six? Eddie five? Lunchbox three?
Speaker 5: What I just got one?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's three. Good job you've made it to three. Good next one?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 1: This is the Bobby Bone Show show. The final two are worth three points each. This is one of them, one of the final two. Do you it's because they're hard?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: One more time? Come on, this is the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 6: I know I know this from I got it for the wind. I know this.
Speaker 16: We don't get it?
Speaker 11: One more time? One more time?
Speaker 1: Shoot an answer?
Speaker 6: One more boom?
Speaker 14: How go on?
Speaker 1: Amy?
Speaker 16: I needed to hear.
Speaker 1: I don't incorrect Eddie. That's Dylan Scott lunchbox, al Dean, that is Come on, this is the Bobby Bone Show. Dylan Scott.
Speaker 5: Oh, Amy, Amy? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Would you yell at if?
Speaker 16: I don't know if finally came to me and I thought it was Russell Dickerson.
Speaker 1: All right, tie breakers? Boy, these are worth three points each. Hey, well, well I'm tired right with Amy? You and Amy are the lunchbox is still in the game. They're only two left.
Speaker 5: Here we go The Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: That wasn't the same PERSONA sounds like one more time?
Speaker 5: The Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 10: What the heck? One more time?
Speaker 5: The Bobby Own Show. I'm in?
Speaker 1: Who is that? You will not take the lead, but you will tie Lunchbox if you get it?
Speaker 10: And they thank you?
Speaker 6: I'm in Amy, Well, No, all I hear is Russell Dickerson.
Speaker 10: What your answer?
Speaker 6: That's it?
Speaker 1: That's what I have done your answers. That's it, Russell Dickerson, Thank you, Eddie, Russell Dickerson, Lunchbox, Sam Hunt. It is Russell Dickerson show. That does sound like? Well, and you guys are tied, So tie breaker Lunchbox. You're eliminated.
Speaker 5: I still want to guess.
Speaker 1: No, you can't because this is the last one we have.
Speaker 10: You can't get it. It kills the game.
Speaker 1: Eddie and Amy. Only two left. You guys are tied. I'm gonna play it buzz in when you know it. I'll give you hints along the way.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Get your bones on, Eddie, Eddie, that's Craig Campbell. That's right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Hey, good.
Speaker 10: Job Amy for saying good job.
Speaker 6: Did you know who that last one was I didn't not yet.
Speaker 1: Craig Campbell, Creig camb Baby, it's good. You are the wonder nice got a coffee shop in Eagleville, Tennessee. Here you go ahead. Nice work, buddy, A nice work. Thank you. Let's play Nate Smith World on Fire, Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 9: Bobby Bone Show, Bobby Bone Shoke, Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's Michael McCrae music, Michael mc c r a e Music, Michael McCrae Music, Hit Again.
Speaker 9: Bobby Bone Show, Bobby Bone Shoke, Bobby Bone sh.
Speaker 2: It's the Best Bits of the Week Show with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two, Lunchbox has officially reached one week of being nice, and in honor of that, I'm gonna just leave this right here, because I don't know if I can say anything nice about him right now after the week I had with him.
Speaker 3: So Lunchbugs did reach one week. Uh yeah, that that's all I got.
Speaker 1: All right, Here we go. Number six. As of yesterday, Lunchbox had been kind for one week. According to him, we said, if you go two weeks of being kind, we're going to send you driving a Lamborghini around the racetrack.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: His like goal in life is to drive a Lamborghini. M We do have to investigate a couple of things. First of all, Amy brought up on the air that while she was sick, Lunchbox was texting her saying, oh, hope you feel good. Whatever it was now, there is in no way this was mean. But it just hit Amy like a ton of breaks that Oh, he wasn't doing it because he cared. He was doing it because he wanted to keep his kindness streak going. Ah yeah, so read the text me.
Speaker 6: I hope that he cared.
Speaker 1: But has he ever texted you before when you were sick?
Speaker 16: Let me see no?
Speaker 10: Okay, so go ahead read the text he sent you.
Speaker 16: He said, you just sick?
Speaker 6: Question mark?
Speaker 16: You okay?
Speaker 6: Question Mark?
Speaker 16: Which is him in my mind he's saying, like, chuck it up, yeah, because like if I'm just sick, then he's like, Okay, that happens to people. But you wanted to make sure it wasn't something one.
Speaker 5: If it's a family emergency, right, and then you were gonna do what just saying oh, I hope it gets worked out.
Speaker 1: But whatever she has, whatever she needed.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well I don't know everything, but I mean I thought I was being nice, checking up on a coworker and a friend, you know, like it was outside of work. It wasn't just to work. I was like, hey, I'm on my own time. Sounds kind of me, sounds pretty kind. So I just put that in the kind column.
Speaker 1: But in the kind column, guys, even if it's fake, it's still kind.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Next up, I have clips and listeners on of this of Lunchbox being rude to Eddie during the game. Now what I want to play is his voicemail from Andy and Tennessee. Here you go.
Speaker 17: Lunchbox has already been rude to Edie twice the deal he had with the lottery gods quote unquote, he's already boid and needs to start his time over. He called him an idiot bearing the editor's versus Millennius segment, and then called him a bad boon and another one later the same day. So we started time.
Speaker 1: Okay, call him. Remember he said it turned out his buffoon, Uchbox said, because.
Speaker 13: We were making a joke and we were doing something something and I said, you mean more like a buffoons.
Speaker 1: So let's listen if it's joke or if it's not. Kindness, because if it's not kindness, the timer starts over Here we go. This is Elder and Millennial. This is the audio evidence clip one. Yeah, scared wants to kiss the sister. That's okay.
Speaker 13: You know why I wanted to season the longer, so this idiot has to sit over here.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, well Greg, Greg game, great game. Middlelations for both of you. Okay, you know what he said, idio. I felt like he was kind of kidding with that idiot. Yeah, he laughed afterwards. I don't feel like that was mean or rude. It wasn't kind, but he I don't think he resets his time.
Speaker 10: With that one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can be playful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was the recipient of that, and I didn't feel like he was being unkind.
Speaker 5: If you can't joke, then I mean, we really can't do anything.
Speaker 1: And then we were playing name that instrumental game and he called Eddie a buffoon.
Speaker 10: Here you go.
Speaker 1: You can still get the next one, but soon's the long one you get. I don't even know. I never even played, but soon he is my box enter had to learn how to play for this video.
Speaker 5: I just know you look like a buffoon.
Speaker 1: Oh when you bet and you lose on an instrum. You can't get a boy soon? All right? Go ahead? No one's borderline?
Speaker 13: No, I said, I made you look like a buffoon because you bet against me.
Speaker 6: It's fine.
Speaker 1: Everyone was all in so Eda, you go rude. I got a little rude. That kind of hurt me a little bit. I say, kind call, But you don't get to be the judge the panel.
Speaker 10: Yeah, sure he is. He's part of the judge panel.
Speaker 6: I say playful.
Speaker 1: I say playful too, borderline, but I'm not going to put that into the let's start a timer over category. Does he just need like a mad kind of effect on his voice? Like what is it like? Because well, I don't know, but we'll know when we see it, because I feel like he's masking it with a little laugh afterwards, like you're an idiot, you.
Speaker 12: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Maybe okay, but I can't reset his timer. I still think he's been kind for one week and one day. Now are you clapping for yourself?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No one else is he? If you're not going to clap for yourself, who will?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: That's right? See Amy, I looked after you should look after me.
Speaker 1: Just clubbed So Lunchbox one week and one day in he's been less spiteful, less hating, a bit calmer, But has he really been kind? That's the question.
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, because you're not being as much of a jerk, but have you been kind? Yeah? So we have some I have some challenges here that maybe you could pick one of the three and it would be kindness, like purposeful kindness instead of just keeping from being a jerk. It's a good idea. Number One, record hit an audio of you given compliments to people in the office that don't know about this, but be really sincere.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I don't really Okay, Oh.
Speaker 10: You don't have to do that one.
Speaker 1: So he's going to record his own audio.
Speaker 10: He doesn't have to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I've been doing that.
Speaker 1: How about right thank you notes to the members of the show and we read them on the air, But they have to be oh yeah, I like that one. That's a good one. They have to be Actually, you won't we'll.
Speaker 5: Be able to read my writing anyone.
Speaker 13: We'll try right to say thank you for thank you for coming to work, and.
Speaker 1: No, like what what you're thankful for with us each individually. You don't have to do that one. I'll give you some more options.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: Ride a gratitude list, or as I call it, a thanksgiving list, and read it on the air for all the things you are truly, seriously thankful for and not joking about. That's impossible.
Speaker 5: I can knew that.
Speaker 1: No, you gotta be serious. That's impossible.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You could surprise your neighbor with freshly bake cookies or treats and then record the interaction bonus points. If it's a neighbor that had their car parked front of your house forever.
Speaker 13: Oh no, I ain't going to their house. They're the ones that do though dealing.
Speaker 1: Or finally, when you're pumping gas, stop someone and be like, hey, do you care if I pay for all your gas? Is not doing that?
Speaker 5: That's expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So any of those kind of tickle your fancy.
Speaker 5: I don't know, We'll think.
Speaker 10: You think about it.
Speaker 5: What come back, lady, Yeah, let me think about it.
Speaker 13: I'man to circle back. Oh yeah, circle back. I'm out to see that list, Mike, if you could pass.
Speaker 1: It over, only six more days to go.
Speaker 5: Bam, and then I'm in a lambo. Here we go in a lambo.
Speaker 16: I think like an example lunchbox of like, you know, for people we work with. For you, I would say something like, you know, I appreciate your quick sense of humor and how you can always make us laugh, and like if you're put in a situation like even blind karaoke, you always come up with like the funniest things, like you're really quick on your toes and you come up with the most random things that are hilarious.
Speaker 10: Like she's doing it to you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Like I'm giving you an example, Like that's what you would say instead of like thank you for.
Speaker 10: Trying to work cards for all the members of the show.
Speaker 13: Yeah, maybe i'll record you guys, thank you messages. You'll record them, Yeah, because you.
Speaker 1: Won't be a write. Oh he can't.
Speaker 6: I could type it, can he?
Speaker 14: Not?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 18: Usual Puckers, No, Eddie, I'm not you man, I'm I just like to read, all right.
Speaker 6: That's not kind No.
Speaker 1: Oh no oh no, that's not kind. I mean that's not kind. You just talked yourself out of kindness that you took a shot at his dyslexia for no reason.
Speaker 13: He said, he said I can't write, and I said, no, I can't. I am not dyslexic like you. It's just saying fast to his voice. Now, is it a fact?
Speaker 7: That was?
Speaker 5: Is it a fact?
Speaker 14: Am?
Speaker 1: I just need to hear that clip back later because he might have just crushed it in this segment.
Speaker 13: Am I not just stating a fact if it doesn't mean it.
Speaker 1: Didn't feel Sometimes factually, kindness don't always have to walk out inside each other. I'm not you, Eddie. That's what you said.
Speaker 5: I'm not And that's a factual statement. I wasn't saying anything. Here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: We gotta We're going to play a song playful. No, Well, let's just I need to hear that back in a little bit. You couldn't help me grab that. I think he might have just talked himself out of his kindness week and it may start over. Dude, you gotta be careful, but not yet.
Speaker 10: Obviously, we don't want you to fail. We just gave you two passes.
Speaker 5: You get poking me too.
Speaker 1: Oh see, now you're blaming it.
Speaker 5: I didn't blame.
Speaker 13: I'm just saying he was taking shots and all I did was respond saying I'm not taking a shot back.
Speaker 5: No, I responded with factual statements.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll need to hear that it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 4: This week was Amy's birthday, so Bobby shared his top five Amy moments over the past several years, and they'll make you laugh and make you smile all about Amy. I think we also did a segment before us Amy all the time, and that's kind of what the segment was. But because it was her birthday, it was like over the course of several years and when she's made a smile and just connect and relate to her. So this is a shining moment on the birthday girl Amy.
Speaker 5: Number five.
Speaker 10: Today's Amy's birthday.
Speaker 1: We're very happy to have Amy on our show and in our life, and it's a big, big day for her. I have five moments that when I thought, how can I celebrate Amy on the air, and then I just started laughing about moments that maybe weren't a celebration or you and those are the ones I grabbed. Okay, of course that's what we would do here, right, it's all love. Yeah, yeah, and again this isn't they're not bad stuff. But like number five, the time that you sang with Ryan Hurd, because you were like, oh boy, you were like chasing after you that song. You thought it was in your wielhouse of singing, because sometimes we'll sing in the shower and be like, I'm kind of good at that song.
Speaker 6: This was in my car. I always felt like it was coming.
Speaker 12: Up just right.
Speaker 1: You have a car. And so Ryan Hurd came up and they performed it together, and was it an Amy's wheelhouse. Here you go my number five moment. Go ahead, listen.
Speaker 6: Wish I could quit you, but it feels too good.
Speaker 8: If I could turn it.
Speaker 6: Off, you know I would, but something about you.
Speaker 16: Makes me think we could make it after all.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I know it's a matter of time to you walk to you, walk.
Speaker 1: Back out of my lively me standing her lone live, feeling like food.
Speaker 15: Every time.
Speaker 9: Every time you say you're done, you come back to you love.
Speaker 15: You were on it from don't know why, I don't know why.
Speaker 6: I'll let you, but a dude, I love chasing.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 16: Thanks guys, you all were really super supportive at the end, because that is really hard.
Speaker 6: To hear back.
Speaker 10: It wasn't terrible.
Speaker 6: It was pretty terrible.
Speaker 1: No, I would say it was pretty bad, but it wasn't terrible. And I think when he was singing you actually attached to him and saying you doubled it pretty much.
Speaker 16: Obviously, the part in the car where I felt.
Speaker 10: I know that part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I heard Ryan going down to her level because he didn't know what to do.
Speaker 10: Is that's number five?
Speaker 1: It's fun great. Number four the time that she called Rascal flats old like she was interviewing him with the CMA's the fiftieth CMAS and then she asked a certain question about how many times they had been to the CMA's here.
Speaker 16: You go, so it's the fiftieth CMA works.
Speaker 6: It's like you're forty ninth, not not. I'm not no, no, no, no, I want to tell you that no no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: It cuts like a knife, it really does.
Speaker 10: I use the fiftieth.
Speaker 1: It's just your forty kN A second first one after.
Speaker 16: Listen we have a moment, because after that came out of my mouth, I realized how you were going to take it.
Speaker 5: Forty nine is ill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty funny.
Speaker 6: I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 16: Actually.
Speaker 1: One of the most famous clips the time that she glitched, which made me feel like I'm living in a simulation because she just broke in front of me. She was trying to say mcboat. It was a fun fact Friday, and she was trying to read this. There's a mcboat McDonald's location in Germany which has a float through instead of a drive through. You paddle up to the dock, place your order and it's brought to you by the staff.
Speaker 10: So she was trying to say.
Speaker 1: There's a mcboat McDonald's location in Germany.
Speaker 10: Here you go, so you.
Speaker 16: Can paddle up on a dog, place your order and then it's brought out to you by the staff.
Speaker 6: And it's called nick note mcmont. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't either. Again, just just a clip nick note mcmont.
Speaker 6: Note mcmont's something broken her brain.
Speaker 1: It sounds like we took the clip and like flipped it, like like put your thing down, flip it in reverse.
Speaker 6: It dang DUNGI note mcmont.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite. That's my favorite. A clip number two very recent, the time that Amy recorded a thirty minute podcast with the guest mic down. It's when she had a guest. It's very soon, I know, but I can't stop thinking about it. Where she had a guest and for thirty minutes she didn't have the guest mic on guest mike was basically just a paperweight, and you could only hear the guests through Amy's mike, which is all the way across.
Speaker 10: And so.
Speaker 1: Even on top of that, at the top of the podcast, she started it by saying, yeah, we're good with the levels.
Speaker 10: Fun fact, she was not good with the levels.
Speaker 16: Here you go, I don't I don't even use them.
Speaker 6: We're good, We're good. It's all the levels are set. We use these all the time. And so this is one from the other day.
Speaker 16: I don't even believe myself when I say I'll be ready in five minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm way to everything unless audio, and then that's probably bad to admit.
Speaker 16: But I do not want a time.
Speaker 6: Were you ever sent home? I was never sent on, but I got to see it again.
Speaker 1: We had to take that Internet max because there was no That's so funny. That was like two weeks ago, and it's Amy's birthday, so to celebrate.
Speaker 16: We're playing Top five most Embarrassing times memorable.
Speaker 1: The Ryan Hurt thing was so fun to hear back. It wasn't about it being embarrassing.
Speaker 16: That is a fun memory, like that's a cool thing we get to do. It just is painful to hear right, mcmont.
Speaker 1: Number one, any idea what I picked is the number one Amy moment. I have a guess you probably will get it, because as soon as I said, you'll get like, oh, yeah, of course, go ahead. I'm guessing it's when she almost died of thee So I'm not sure why you had to take the shot.
Speaker 16: Oh, I think my name landed on the wheel. It was a spit, the wheel of death basically.
Speaker 1: And Amy took the hottest shot, and she just like a champ like she does.
Speaker 10: She just took it.
Speaker 1: And then I thought for a second we were all losing our jobs. Yeah, because it looked like she was dying. She's like screaming at us.
Speaker 13: First first she was there freaking out, and we all just looked at her, and Bobby goes, someone help her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would help her. She'll get her. Okay, here's let me play the clip and we'll address it afterard. Here's the time Amy took the world's hottest shot. She took the shot. She's gonna puke. Oh, oh, she's give her some water or something. Lunchbox helper, lunchbox helper, give her some water, Give her some water. To give her some water. We gotta have water ready for this water milk shaking. She was shaking, she was going through like convulsions. We were scaredy, we were scared of death. Now there's definitely a fear in our voices.
Speaker 5: And not like Eddie says Lunchbox helper.
Speaker 1: Like running cameras. Eddie was not letting go of this camera.
Speaker 13: Eddie went in the news guy can't help the victim, gotta gotta film.
Speaker 1: But but he did have something to do, and you weren't doing anything except standing staring at him.
Speaker 5: I was watching her man.
Speaker 1: But even Lunchbox's voices like I don't have anything, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 16: I think what we learned from that is we need to anticipate. You know what happens when you eat the world's hottest one milk. We had nothing to soothe me at all whatsoever. And so then when I went and I was spitting up, the hotch was then on my face, burning and it felt like a chemical peel, like all around my mouth where.
Speaker 1: You pay for those you don't want that for free, right and listen to the intensity of her screen.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's when it got real, Like I thought, I thought myself, like I I'm going to the hospital.
Speaker 6: This is really bad.
Speaker 1: We thought it was really bad too. She took the shot. Oh she's gonna puke. Oh, oh, she's puking. Give her some water or something. Lunchbox helper, lunchbox helper, Give her some water, Give her some water. To give her some water.
Speaker 5: Come on, we gonna have water ready for this.
Speaker 1: Here's my kN water milk shaking. She is shaking that where she goes. No, it's scary.
Speaker 10: It was scary.
Speaker 13: Birthday shots shot shot.
Speaker 1: I mean you made it past that though. That's something to celebrate.
Speaker 16: Ye ivived a lot over the years.
Speaker 1: What are you doing for your birthday?
Speaker 6: Well, my daughter has a softball game tonight.
Speaker 1: So what are you doing for your birthday?
Speaker 16: Well, I'm going to her softball game, which were fun, and then my son will be there, and then the kids will go to eat. And then I think, yeah, some friends that are coming to the game, may we just may all go eat. My best friend from high school is coming in town this weekend, Andrea, which is how Bobby and I met nineteen years ago, which is crazy. And uh, we'll probably just do a little something over the weekend.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 16: She's been like, she hates I wanted to get a massage, and I remember she hates massages.
Speaker 6: She doesn't like to get touched, but.
Speaker 1: She oh your friends from you as a birthday, She's like, you know she hates massages. She's for a birthday.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, but I kind of thought.
Speaker 16: I thought that's we'd maybe have a spa day with some other girlfriends. And I was like, oh, shoot, you know, I'm hosting my best friend. And she literally could does not like to be touched in that.
Speaker 1: It about you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she'll do of course she would do it.
Speaker 16: But I want to be considered if someone's coming into town to hang out with me, so I don't. I don't.
Speaker 6: We'll pivot.
Speaker 1: Well, we do have you a gift. My wife's a part of it. So I'm not going to give it to you on the air because my wife's a part of it. And it's like a serious human gift as opposed to what Eddie's birthday is this later this.
Speaker 10: Week, which is a it's a bit but you love to gamble. Amy wouldn't allow me to gamble her gift.
Speaker 1: I would, though I would allow it.
Speaker 6: I don't think Caitlin would.
Speaker 1: You don't want to gamble.
Speaker 10: Okay, you just don't want to gamble?
Speaker 6: Is it that good?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying you don't want to gamble it because my wife will kill me and then I won't be good mood when i'm here. Perfect. Yeah. Happy birthday, good times, Yeah, happy birthday. She's twenty nine, man, Wow, you look great.
Speaker 7: Amy.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm forty three and that is okay.
Speaker 10: And she's been to forty two cmas.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: We had Hardy on the show this week and he talked all about his new rock music and the new rock album he's putting out and what inspired the album cover, which is a really crazy story. Not only that, he gave us his review of Scuba Steve doing a scream oh version of his song truck Bed. So just a lot happened with Hardy and he's on all around just a really awesome guy. Plus he did talk about some hangtime he's had with Poets.
Speaker 2: Malone number four on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 1: Now, Hardy, good to see a buddy, you too, how's life good? Do you just get random calls going, hey you know the song you just wrote? We just cut it and it's number one out of nowhere. That's what it feels like it's happening for you sometimes. Yeah, remember this song you wrote a year and a half ago, Well this person cut it, it's gonna be on the record.
Speaker 10: Does that happen randomly?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Yesterday my Tanner, who's my content guy, uh shot a music video and he and I was like, how's it going?
Speaker 18: And he sent me the a clip of like their.
Speaker 19: Shooting music video and I was like, oh, I wrote I wrote that song and I didn't. I didn't even know like that they were shooting a video or that the guy's starting.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, it feels like, you know, you moved to town and you're obviously an artist at the time.
Speaker 10: That is so different.
Speaker 1: But it's what's happened so many times, just in my version of now, is that the people that are so different end up making creating the path for everybody else later.
Speaker 10: To come in and do what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Meaning you have a style that isn't really one element and we all actually live those lives. But until there's a group of you guys that came that said, hey, we're actually a little multifaceted. Now, it's pretty common, but I would credit you do a lot of that when you write. Do you go down a certain road to go, we're gonna do rock, we're gonna do country, or do you just take whatever you write and then go this is that.
Speaker 19: Now it's it's a little more thought out, I think in the writing room, especially like if it's for me, like if we're writing a song for me that day, like I'll I'll come in and be like and it's just different like the track guys and stuff these days, like some guys will have rock tracks like Pulled Up or whatever, but usually if it's a rock thing, it's like, Okay, we're writing a rock song today, and this is the idea.
Speaker 1: Was it always like that though, when you have to say no.
Speaker 18: No, definitely not. I mean, dude, no.
Speaker 19: For eight years, eight or nine, ten years, I was just trying to just do something cool and like write literally whatever though no, I mean just whatever the coolest idea or vibe or whatever is in the room that day.
Speaker 18: It's just what we wrote.
Speaker 19: And I typically still do that unless I have like an adamant about an idea. And these days, if it's like for something that I would.
Speaker 1: Cut, but what would in the first Let's say that you're three through six, when you're a songwriter and you're just kind of getting your feet under you. What kind of texture was assigned to you as a writer was like you could write with Hardy is before you had any like massive, massive success. But are they like Hardy kind of leans on the rock. If you want to write with Hardy, he kind of writes a certain way.
Speaker 18: I don't know if that.
Speaker 19: Came until until like my first record came out almost you.
Speaker 1: Know, and they started to know who you were as you presented yourself.
Speaker 19: When I started to kind of know who I was before that, I mean, I guess I'd have to go listen to like old demos and stuff. But me and a lot of my buddies that I like cut my teeth on like coming up and writing songs, we all loved rock and roll. So I'm sure a lot of that stuff had like a an edge to it. But I really don't think I leaned into it until like I put an EP out my first thing was in twenty eighteen, and that had that was like it's.
Speaker 18: Like Rednecker was on that.
Speaker 19: But there's a song called four by four which is like like a heavier song. And that's when I really like just started embracing that part of myself. I think was like when I signed a record deal and started putting it out on my own.
Speaker 1: Based on where you come from, being from Mississippi and uper markets, all the classic rock was a massive part of my growing up totally. Like that also was a big part of that. Classic rock was country today even you know when you look at like the Eagles and they kind.
Speaker 18: Of worked Steve Miller band, stuff like that, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of that. Yeah, But how did that influence who you were musically Being from a place where I'm sure classic rock was massive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was huge.
Speaker 19: I mean one of six point seven it was in Jackson still is uh we that was the only classic rock station we could pick up. And my I mean my dad from the time I was like I don't even know three years old, was just like beating that into my brain.
Speaker 1: Like skinners all that stuff.
Speaker 18: Yeah. I remember my like, I mean it was like out of a movie.
Speaker 19: He had a cassette and I was I don't I had I was so young, but I remember this and he was like, check this out.
Speaker 18: This is a band called Pearl Jam.
Speaker 19: You put the cassette in the in the Thing in the truck and Alive was like the first song. And back then that wasn't a classic rock song, but just rock and roll in general. I mean, I had no choice but to love rock and roll because my dad instilled it in me when I was really young.
Speaker 1: The generation that had country music but also had digital media, which is you know, I was in the napster world. Yeah, and so you would see everybody be influenced by things that really that area of the country maybe weren't influenced by prior. So a lot of the older school country folks like that's not country. It's because really what they were offered geographically, yeah, by radio, by what they were selling. But it all changed once digital media was allowed to be consumed. So you'd have somebody like me the grip up country music, but it was like, okay, now it's time for limbiscuit. Now it's time for you know, the old snoops. So it didn't make you less country, it just made you have you got a computer. Yeah, and that was the difference. And now you're seeing that generation of like now run the format, but you still have the old heads going, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 18: That's wild.
Speaker 19: I mean, I remember I've told people this, but like I was born in nineteen ninety, but I feel like right around like people born around them were the last generation to know what it felt like to not have access to a song until the next time they heard it on the radio, which was like the coolest feeling in the world. It was like it was like drugs or something, and you just like you waited for it and waited for it, and then you finally got to hear it unless you you know, your parents or you or whoever bought it, you know, on a CD or a cassette or whatever. But man, you're right about that, and it's it's crazy to think that people will never know what it's like to only be cornered into hearing a certain you know, genre or just a certain group of music. It's wild how how much the Internet that it just blew those doors open forever.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know, whatever the divide is of and God, I hate it because it's just been proven wrong. Every generation, every cycle of what's country and what isn't, there's always been some sort of medium that has allowed that to change. If it's vinyl or CDs, we get more songs on it now or but digital media was when people started to have influences, and if people in the forties had digital media, they'd be influenced as well. They just didn't happen to have it then. And that's the version that we had of country music at that point. I spent a lot, way too much time thinking about it.
Speaker 18: No, du well, so do I. I mean I always thought like, who who made the rule?
Speaker 19: Like where where's the rule book on what is anything when it comes to like a genre, and of course there are certain things, but country it's like.
Speaker 18: It's country like it's just there's no like true definition of country music. To me, I don't know. And I used to be I used to be the opposite of that.
Speaker 19: I used to be like a the guy that was like it has to be like this, or it has to sound like this, or it's not country.
Speaker 18: But I don't know.
Speaker 19: I just the older I get and the more I write music, I I'm very adamant that music just doesn't have rules, and there's they shouldn't be enforced or even talk. I mean, you can talk about it, I guess, but just I don't know. Do what you do and you don't have to call it anything if you don't want to. It's art, right, Yeah, in the end, that's all it is. If country music and you could put any you can put any kind of music on. But if country music stays stagnant, it would die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with any.
Speaker 10: Style of art.
Speaker 1: If it just stays exactly the same, Yeah, nobody's going to want to consume it unless it's in a novelty way of like we're going to listen to the old school. Yeah, so you almost you need people pushing, and you also need the people going with any country. You need that battle for it to grow. Yeah, that's true, because otherwise they would run so wild it wouldn't matter. But in the end, the person who is consuming the media and paying for the media and paying to go to shows, they get to decide.
Speaker 18: Yeah that No, you're right.
Speaker 19: The people buying the music are the only people that I feel like, get to decide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and everybody gets to have their own it's country, it's not country who cares. Yeah. So I got a couple questions that we've talked about on the show. Number one, you're what's up with your tour? Quit or quit? Like what is it? Quit?
Speaker 18: Do you know that it's yeah with two exclamations.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's why it's like QUI we have to call like when we talk about it.
Speaker 18: Do you know that story?
Speaker 1: Have you heard that from you?
Speaker 18: For just I don't know. It kind of went viral on the internet.
Speaker 10: I don't know what tell to me.
Speaker 19: In twenty fifteen, I was playing in uh, like the songwriter room of the Florabama with like three of my buddies and none of us had any hits, but we were playing like original songs that we'd written, and we had a tip jar and somebody at the end of the night we emptied the tip jar and somebody on a bar napkin had written quit and like two exclamation points and yeah. And that was my reaction, Like I laughed, like you know, and uh, but I held onto it. I like stuck it in my pocket and you know, God knows how it made it back to Nashville.
Speaker 18: And it's literally a napkin, a cheap one at that like a you know what I mean.
Speaker 19: And I had a map at back in the day and where I put like pushpins in every city and now like I was like I threw it away because once you've been you know how that is like, once you've been everywhere, there's no you know, there's no point in having one anymore.
Speaker 18: But I and that napkin.
Speaker 19: I just when I got back, I stuck it on there, and to this day, I I have it and now I just it sits on all of my awards that I've won. And so I put a song out called Quit that's kind of like spoken word rap ish type thing, and uh, it's gonna be the title track of my next record.
Speaker 5: Can I say this?
Speaker 19: I guess I can say this. The album is gonna be it's a square Napkins, So it's good. The album is just the napkin.
Speaker 18: And what do you mean?
Speaker 1: The album is just the napkins?
Speaker 19: So that the square like if it were a vinyl. Yeah, it's just an exact like picture of the napkin.
Speaker 1: So that's cool.
Speaker 19: So we're just chasing that theme for the year of Quit. So so it's the actual So the way that they wrote it was U, I t it does the art is the song itself to exclamations. Okay, well i'm I.
Speaker 10: My question was too.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the tour and we're like, how do we say, hey, check them out on Quit? Or check them out on quit We didn't know how to you could.
Speaker 19: Say, like the quit tourmations, Yeah, okay, just get Scuba Steve to scream it.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 10: Have you heard that?
Speaker 18: Yeah? I thought it was great.
Speaker 1: Aside from knowing he's here. If someone just sent you that you didn't know which you think that was, that was cool.
Speaker 18: Absolutely. I love metal though, so, but.
Speaker 16: Like if you ever screamed at your shows in any way, shape or.
Speaker 1: Form, like yeah, like screamers, I should probably come to a show I've seen you.
Speaker 6: Oh no, but I mean like that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we're doing it now. Man, we're doing the thing now.
Speaker 1: You can't do the thing where it's like you should come do it. How many shows of mine you've been to? Yeah, I mean exactly. We're both working.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 18: I've been in this room five times. You've been at five of my shows.
Speaker 16: This room.
Speaker 10: This is account you're getting promotion here too.
Speaker 18: Well, this is about promotion, sure it is.
Speaker 10: You know what you're in because you're promoting truck bed going number one.
Speaker 1: That's what they told me. And the quit yeah, and the quit tour. That's very true. So this is like equal trade true. So I'm just saying, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 18: Yeah, But I'm just saying like, yeah, I scream a lot.
Speaker 19: Now, Like I have a rock single out called rock Star, and it's like pretty much a mettle.
Speaker 18: It's pretty much what we just listened to.
Speaker 1: Is that next you're doing a full rock record next. Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 18: That's the quick record is a rock record.
Speaker 1: Nothing on it that he even could be considered Like if I was like, man, this song.
Speaker 18: No, we won't work a song to country radio.
Speaker 1: Now about working though? What if I was like, man, this one I could play and people would like it.
Speaker 18: I'm sure because there's a lot of good songs on it.
Speaker 1: But are they all?
Speaker 10: Are they all hard?
Speaker 5: Hard?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, that's all yeah, everything else?
Speaker 18: Okay, Yeah, I'm good man.
Speaker 1: I'll let you know what I'm playing on the show. You come up, you come up, I'll come to your show, all right.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 1: So so well, I've seen him play, but he's like, yea, I've been to a show. I'm like, call Tramlfair, you've been to my show.
Speaker 18: But this year you play a lot more shows than you do. Come on, come may break.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many shows you play a year.
Speaker 18: I was around eighty a year. I just cut it back to thirty.
Speaker 1: This year, I probably did fifty, but doing TV as well, probably pretty close. It's not a competition, guy, he made it a competition.
Speaker 16: I mean I I have always been entertained by your performance, and now I'm even more intrigued screaming.
Speaker 18: It's that's a huge concern of mine.
Speaker 1: I did a bit trying to scream like that, just for just for a second, and it hurt. I was gone for like six hours.
Speaker 19: There's a way to do it, like, and I've never gone to like the coach or whatever, but you it's you push from like really deep coaches.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 18: There's one woman and I bet Steve that she lives in Florida. Do you know her name. She's like an older lady. She's been doing she's done like everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm self caught. You get the ear.
Speaker 18: She she teaches you not to blow out your voice, but I will say like.
Speaker 19: It since I've started screaming and shows my voice like it's it scares me because like the next weekend it'll be weaker.
Speaker 18: And it's like constantly weaker.
Speaker 1: Are you having to go to do the physically responsible things more so now because you're asking more from your body or you still.
Speaker 18: You mean like like yeah, more of that for sure.
Speaker 1: Because you can do that, but only for a bit of time and then you blow it out and then you can't perform to the same level.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that is usually like the Saturday Night Show, I'm like freaking out, even if I like have behaved all weekend and like going to bed and not like talked over a crowd and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: After.
Speaker 1: I mean, even like the lead singer syndrome in a band where everybody else gets to go party but the lead singer shouldn't as much because they have to. If they're down, the whole band can't work. Yeah, that's a real thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I just saw Disturbed. What's his name, Danny Draymond? Is that that's him?
Speaker 19: Yeah, Yeah, And he talked about that. He's like he said that it was like the way he described it was like lonely. But he but he made that that point, he was like I have to go like protect myself and everybody else gets to go hang out because no, you know, you're right, like if it's if there's no singer, you're done. Like you could technically get away with like one less guitar player or something like that.
Speaker 18: But yeah, it's different when you're the lead singer.
Speaker 1: It's different because we go to Vegas. I'll go to bed early, but lunch Blocks will stay in party all night. They come to the show like, oh, you.
Speaker 13: Couldn't even talkies allergy those Vegas allergies bad.
Speaker 1: All right, So truck Bed hopefully going number one this week. The Quit Whole records coming out. Yeah, he's not here for promotion, man, you can skip that.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: I demand he take it. I demand he take it. I mean the the the Dift tape. Yeah, I was gonna say that, the Hicks tape, but it's a diff tape.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's it's like, yeah, it's a spinoff r Yeah. So that comes out at the end of that comes out this month.
Speaker 10: And it's all Joe Difms.
Speaker 19: Obviously with Dift tape, it's the original recordings with Joe's voice on him and Joe's son Parker gave us his blessing, their family's blessing to to strip those down, take some of his vocals out, and have like you know, features come in, and it's it's gonna be the biggest Uh, It's like the biggest group of features that we've had so a lot of I mean, people really came together for that.
Speaker 18: So it's really exciting.
Speaker 10: What's plus Malone like to hang out with.
Speaker 18: He's like the coolest dude. He's like totally normal.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, he's just a dude.
Speaker 10: It's almost hard to believe. It's because he's so famous.
Speaker 1: And then two because the amount of tattoos on his face, like this different kind of person, the tattoos are faced that much.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but I mean like Jelly Row has him and he's a good hang you know.
Speaker 1: Jellyroll is a good hang now, but he didn't even tell you well like back in the day when he got when he was Yeah, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 19: I I cannot say enough how respectful and kind, thoughtful post Alone is. It's it's mind blowing how just how he's held himself together with the level of fame that that he's had.
Speaker 1: What about as an artist, because we watched him singing America the Beautiful for the Super Bowl, that was what he's saying on guitar, Like, I think people don't expect him to have the musical talent. During COVID, I watched him do a whole Navana record, right yeah, so.
Speaker 19: He's he's he's a really good guitar player. Man, It's just there's something like when he gets in there and he does his vocal, like we've been writing these songs and like he'll hop in there and do it and you're I don't know, it's just like he has a thing. Man, he's got like a voice and not just like a singing voice, but he just even just in that in that regard, he's just an artist.
Speaker 18: He could sing the phone book and it's just so different to me.
Speaker 19: That it's just I don't know, it's just that's it's like art coming out of his mouth.
Speaker 10: What's his name?
Speaker 1: And your phone as post host deep Post just post.
Speaker 16: Post when you meet him though, like obviously you're around a lot of really successful people, but someone like posts Malone, like because it around you right now, like within like meeting Post like do you kind of have to remind yourself like because you know, but it's I don't know, post alone. He seems like next level, Like do you kind of have to be like, okay, this could be like we could actually be friends. We got to be chill, Like do you have to talk to yourself about or you're just like normal.
Speaker 18: Everybody poops, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: My wife doesn't.
Speaker 18: She doesn't at all.
Speaker 1: Good for her ever once.
Speaker 18: Wow, that's what I ever did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, yeah, that's what I was gonna say. So your theory is wrong. All right, Look you guys at Hardy and and Diff tape.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be awesome. He wrote Kenny's latest single too.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: It was on top of the freaking world right now.
Speaker 1: Should go to a show. Maybe you should go to a show. That's what I'm taking from this. I need to go to a show. Congratulations man, I'm a big fan. And congratulations and we'll have a truck beg go number one and I don't know another trophy.
Speaker 18: Dude, knock on wood?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 18: Is that would?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know it is fake, all right, there is hearty everybody.
Speaker 18: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 4: Another big birthday this week. It was Eddie's birthday, so in honor of that, we played Jeopardy, which is Jeopardy Eddie version. And I know that sounds probably weird without me explaining it, but it was called jeopardy and he did good.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say without spoiling anything, but it was touch and go there for a minute.
Speaker 3: So happy birthday, not just to Amy, but also to Eddie. Now we had two big birthdays this week.
Speaker 1: Number three Eddie's birthday. Today, we're gonna play a game called jep Eddie, which is jeff pretty bit jet Eddie. And the reason we're playing this is because I hope he gambles away his good present thought I got on his birthday. That's the whole point of the game. We're gonna play jepety and if he loses, he's gonna lose the good present that I got on his birthday.
Speaker 6: So what happens to the good president?
Speaker 1: Well, well I keep it. Oh yeah, so I'll read you all the rules. Let's bring him in. Let's bring in our birthday boy. As we played Jepetty, we're standing on the stage. Let's play Jet Betty. Happy birthday, buddy.
Speaker 12: Done.
Speaker 1: I like that jeft Petty, Yeah, jet Edty? Yes, alright, man, what are we doing here?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: You and I both standing out on stage because we're gonna play a game. Is my mom here? Why are you gonna my mom in? No, Mom's not here, So just like in Jeopardy, We're gonna play Jetpettiya five categories. The categories are the beach, I love the beach, Dallas Cowboys, trivia, lyrics and songs okay call me Daddy, Famous dads, and hats hats I do like hat. So those are the five categories. I'm explaining rules here. If you get the first question right, it's the easiest is worth one point all the way down to five. The hard is worth five points. When you get to ten points, you get to go and choose a number one through six. Okay, that'll be the gift that we show you. And you can keep that gift and quit the game, or you can trade it in and continue the game. All right now, right now, you're starting with a birthday gift. This is your first birthday gift. It is a Micah Parsons Illusions. It's a really good card. There, so that is your card. Now, that's that's what I get to keep this. Nope, you can keep it. That'll be the gift if you don't trade anything in. Okay, all right, pretty solid card. But you know obviously it's not a big one. It's not a big one. Are you ready to play the game. I'm ready bones. The categories are the Beach, Dallas Cowboys, trivia, lyrics and songs, call Me Daddy, and hats and remember one's the easiest, five's the hardest. I think, since I'm holding a MICAEH. Parson's card in my hand, let's go Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: For how many or what's the one through five? Three or three.
Speaker 14: More?
Speaker 1: Cowboys running back holds the NFL record for most career rushing yards. That is Emmett Smith. That's correct. Now, remember when you get to ten, you get a chance to trade in. Okay, what category would you like? Give me beach for four hundred? Well, just say four. I feel like I'm on the game. This beach in California is renowned for its iconic wooden roller coaster and historic boardwalk.
Speaker 7: What the.
Speaker 11: Took a turn?
Speaker 5: This beach in.
Speaker 1: California is renowned for its iconic wooden roller coaster and historic boardwalk. I think I got it. Go ahead, Santa Monica. That is incorrect. So he's a negative negative one now, oh my goodness, Oh my goodness, what is it? And I again, I want to say to everybody, you're not going to get a different present than what you went here, so, but you're also competing for a bigger present than you would have gotten if I just gave you a Okay, okay, that is the Santa Cruz Beach boardwalk. Oh my not Santa Monica. Oh man, you got a lot of way to go. Dang it, dang and dang it. Okay, you're a negative one category and score. Please let's go. What was the other one's song? Lyrics?
Speaker 10: Lyrics and song?
Speaker 1: Is one of them? What is it?
Speaker 16: Call her Daddy?
Speaker 1: Call her daddy? Lyrics and songs? Call her Daddy's uh, call him daddy? Favorite dads, call him Daddy? I go Lyrics and songs four three. This iconic song's chorus states we don't need no education. The song is called Another Brick in the Wall. You just need a song title, Another Brick in the Wall. I need you to be more specific. Please part two correct. Let's go for three. Wow, that was stressed. Now he's at plus two. There you go, lunch, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I knew that one.
Speaker 1: Let's go back. Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Oh we gotta go five, Eddie, I mean, what.
Speaker 1: Was the last Dallas Cowboys? Three?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The last one was three yeah? Dallas Cowys five Dallas Cowboys for five. This Cowboys wide receiver, often referred to as Bullet Bob, was known for his blazing speed and big playability. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in two thousand and nine. What Bullet Bob was? Pro Football Hall of Fame five is always the hardest. I mean, Drew Pearson, he's a Hall of Fame, but he's not Bob. This Cowboys wide receiver, often referred to as Bullet Bob, even.
Speaker 5: Got a Cowboys hat on.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: Come on, Bullet, It's Taddy's birthday today. We're playing Jeff Eddie. He was a wide receiver. He was inducted in the Profooball Hall of Fame in two thousand and nine. This Cowboys wide receiver, often referred to as Bullet Bob for five points. The only Bob that I want the Cowboys is Bob Lily. But I don't think that's bullet Bob. Anyone answer? Ready? All right, let's go with Bob Bob Pearson, that's incorrect. Answer is Bob Hayes. Bob Hayes just keeping score. Hilarious. Thanks against you.
Speaker 5: It's so funny your birthday, man.
Speaker 1: I need the categories one more time. The categories are the beach Dallas cowboys, call him Daddy, questions about Dad's lyrics and songs and hats. Let's go call him daddy for five?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 1: For five?
Speaker 5: I need to get up.
Speaker 1: I need to get up.
Speaker 10: Okay, and call him daddy for five points.
Speaker 1: The most difficult question in the category you need this to get back to two? I do I need it. This actor played the dad uncle Phil in the nineties sitcom The Fresh Prince of bel Air. Oh Boy. This actor played the dad uncle Phil Philip Banks in the ninety sitcom The Fresh Prince of bel Air.
Speaker 5: Night Eddie, I'll give you a hint, and he's dead.
Speaker 1: No hints, no hints. I know he's dead. No hints, because that is the actual hint. Can you repeat the question? This actor played the dad uncle Phil Philip Banks in the ninety sitcom The Fresh Prince of bel Air Nights. I don't know why the last name Night is coming in my head. Seconds, I don't know. I'm gonna guess Jeffrey Knight incorrect.
Speaker 12: Eight?
Speaker 1: What's his name? James Avery? James Avery, so far off like the jewelry negative?
Speaker 4: Eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're I How many more do I have? Well, you got a lot of questions like where do you want to go next? Okay, let's go with beach beach again. Let's go beach two. The beach for two. This acronym, commonly found on sunscreen bottles, stands for the level of protection against harmful UV rays SPS. Correct. Let's go beach one. This inflatable sphere, often seen bouncing around at seaside gatherings, adds fun to coastal activities. What is beach ball?
Speaker 5: Correct? Negative?
Speaker 1: Okay, how many more beaches do I.
Speaker 16: Have to get?
Speaker 5: Fifteen? Just to trade going?
Speaker 1: I'm going you have to uh? You on another beach? Yeah, you have three and five left? Give me beach for three. Known as surf City, This beach in California hosts the world's largest surfing competition. Known as surf City USA, This beach in California hosts the world's largest surfing competition. What is Newport Beach? Incorrect?
Speaker 5: So all that progress you just made, you lost it back? Negative eight?
Speaker 1: What beach is that? There's one question left? In beaches? You don't have to take it, but it's for five. I didn't know. Santa Cruz and I didn't know this was the beach Huntington Beach, Huntington, Yes, of course, Oh Brough surfs up. Let's go beach for five. O my god. From this point you get one pass if you decide you don't know what you can pass. This beach in Australia is home to the largest coral reef system in the world. This beach, This beach in Australia is home to the largest coral reef system in the world.
Speaker 5: How do you quit looking at me? I don't know these answers. He turns and los me like, hey.
Speaker 1: The great barrier reef is over there is on the beach. This beach is known for this great barrier beach. That's my final answer. The great barrier reef beef. What do you mean? That's what he said? Beat, you said, what beach?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 1: Great bearrier reef? Though? That's be You are negative thirteen. This is terrible. Oh my gosh, All right kid, do you have a chance still here? Oh? Yeah, okay, all right, let's go with hats. Let's go hat hats for one. Remember you still can pass on them. Okay, hat's for one. This beloved children's book character is often depicted wearing a red and white striped top hat. Is that again? This beloved children's book character is often depicted wearing a red and white striped top hat. Red and white. Oh, it's the cat in the hat, cat in the hat? Correct? I want a roll hat. Yeah, let's keep rolling hats for number two? Yep. This famous actor recognized for his rolling Pirates of the Caribbean, frequently wears a wide brim fedora Johnny d Correct.
Speaker 13: That was for two, right, yeah, minus Tim, Thanks dude. Hey, you're twenty away from being able to trade in that, Micah Parson.
Speaker 1: If you get all three of these back in the I'm doing good though, right lunch? No, okay, be kind.
Speaker 5: That's just a factual state.
Speaker 1: That's sure you You weren't rude there, asked you a question. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 6: You're baiting him, all right?
Speaker 1: That's for three.
Speaker 10: That's for three.
Speaker 1: This iconic movie character known for his investigation skills and pipe smoking, always wears a deer stalker hat. Say that again. This iconic movie character known for his investigation skills and pipe smoking always wears a deer stalker hat. Sherlock Holmes correct, if you're just joining us three three. It's Eddie's birthday. He's competing in jep Eddie to win cool prizes. You have four and five and hats Eve going with hats four. This iconic late eighties nineties rapper is known for his instinctive, distinctive style and lyrical prowess, and frequently were a bucket hat. This iconic late eighties and nineties rapper known for his distinctive style and lyrical prowess. Frequently we're a bucket hat. Give me a cool j correct. Ladies love negative three. You can hop back into the positive or you can move on. I'm gonna stay away from that fire. Those fives are hard. How many more do you I have? On? Cowboys? Cowboys? You have one, two, and four? Give me Cowboys for one. This legendary Cowboys quarterback led the team to three Super Bowl victories in the nineties. It's Troy Aikman. Correct. Cowboys for two. This iconic Cowboys coach led the team to suit two Super Bowl victories during his tenure. Say again. This iconic Cowboys coach led the team to two Super Bowl victories during his tenure. Iconic. It's Tom Landry correct.
Speaker 10: Where is he now?
Speaker 5: Zero?
Speaker 16: Wow?
Speaker 1: There's a four on cowboys, I dug out of the hole. There has a lot of work. There's one cowboys left, it's four. Okay, what else you want it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: What else? There's four? And aboves, there's a five and hats Okay, there's one, two, four and five and songs songs. Yeah, let's do that four songs for one. In this iconic song, Freddie Mercury belts out the lyric is this real life? Is this just fantasy? That's bohemian rhapsody from from Queen? Doesn't matter? I just twenty to say this right, all right, we're gonna take a break. Care lunchbox. What's the points?
Speaker 5: One? Okay, so you're gonna have to get those four fives? Get there.
Speaker 1: I'll get there. Eddie has one point, I need my confidence and one pass left. And there are seven total birthday gifts you can choose from.
Speaker 5: This is only Hey, you're only gonna get a traded in one, so you better make it a good one. Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's take a break. Eddy. How old are you? I'm forty five today?
Speaker 10: Okay, So how do you feel about that number?
Speaker 1: Forty five? Yeah, it's just a number, dude, who cares. I feel like I'm twenty two man boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we're in the middle of jep Eddie like Jeopardy, but jep Eddie for his birthday, and we have a bunch of prizes and if he gets to ten points, he gets to trade in his birthday gift that he already has, which is a Micah Parsons football card for one of the numbers on the page. Hey, you get to ten point, you have to get to ten points on that one right now?
Speaker 5: Is gonna get a ten point?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you believe me, lunch, It's gonna be tough, man.
Speaker 10: We have lyrics and songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, call me Daddy Dallas Cowboy Trivia. They only have one left on that and famous people known for wearing hats. Hats is the category eddie, wo you like to do? Let's go songs?
Speaker 10: Lyrics and songs?
Speaker 1: Four? You have two, four and five number two please. In this song, Michael Jackson asks Annie, are you okay? Are you okay? Annie? Okay? Okay? Any that is smooth? Criminal? Correct?
Speaker 16: Wow?
Speaker 5: Is that three?
Speaker 1: You got four and five? And lyrics and songs?
Speaker 5: That's tough, dude, now, But you know lyrics, dude, you're a musical.
Speaker 20: You're right here.
Speaker 1: You gotta go for thanks lunch, you gotta go for thanks for being nice. I'll go four. In this song, Kenny Chesney sings the opening line, staring out into the wild blue yonder. Someone thoughts to sit and ponder, Oh, staring out the wild blue yonder. And this song, Kenny Chesney sings the opening line, staring out into the wild blue yonder, so many thoughts to sit and ponder. There goes my life. But you have one pass if you just don't know. I don't know that one, definitely don't know. I just don't know if I'll ever get that one though. So if I pass, I have to come back. Already passes dead. I give you the answer, you never have to deal with it. Yeah, let's pass on that one. The answer is Beer in Mexico by Kenny Chasneye. Because I had no shoes, no shirt, no problem. Now there's one question left in lyrics. Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 5: You gotta dude, you're a lyric dude.
Speaker 1: What's I'm gonna go with. I'm gonna go change categories. I got a lower one over there. Call her daddy, Call me daddy, Call me daddy. Yeah, call me daddy. What's my lowest? I'm calling me daddy.
Speaker 7: You can get it.
Speaker 1: You go for one? Yeah, give me one and call me daddy. This animated dad, voiced by Dan Castellanetta works at a nuclear power plant, often says that's Homer Simpson. Correct, Thank you, Amy, he's at four. At four, I'm give him climbing. I'm climbing, Eddie, all right. The next on, call me daddy for two for two. This Famous Dad, portrayed by Robin Williams, disguised himself as an elderly British nanny to spend time with his children. What's the question, though, the dad? This famous dad. That's a tough one. I'll give it to you if you get the movie. Okay, miss a doubt fire? Correct? Thank you?
Speaker 5: The dad's name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a little tough to be A two all right?
Speaker 5: Hello, you're at six.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: All you gotta do is get a four in there.
Speaker 1: What do I have left? On calling me daddy? You have three and four? Give me three common daddy. This TV dad, portrayed by Brian Kranston, starts off as a high school chemistry teacher and becomes involved in the drug trade to provide for his family. I need the name of the dad on this one. This TV dad, portrayed by Brian Cranston, starts off as a high school chemistry teacher and becomes involved in the drug trade to provide for his family. Oh boy, I.
Speaker 5: Wrote you down for nine already.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 5: Oh I didn't take it back.
Speaker 1: This TV dad, portrayed by Brian Cranston, starts off, oh boy, as a high school chemistry teacher, then becomes involved in the drug trade to provide for his family. Oh no, what's his first name? You can just take his last name here, as long as it's not like a bunch of the same person. No, I got it, go ahead, it's mister White. I'll accept that. Walter White.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that is a generous judge.
Speaker 1: That's my birthday, dude, Yeah, true birth There'd have been like a lot of whites, says mister White. Mister White, Walter White, he has nine.
Speaker 13: Well nine, I had already given him nine. I took it back to six. Now I'm back to nine.
Speaker 1: And that's right. His son's name is Walt Junior. Gosh, I should he.
Speaker 10: Any one point to do your first trade?
Speaker 1: Okay, one more point? What's my lowest available. No fours, no fives.
Speaker 5: That's all you go.
Speaker 1: You got a five left? In hats and call me daddy. You've got a four and a five. Okay, in songs, you've got a five. Oh my gosh, Dallas Cowboys trivia, you've got a four. I have to go right there, Dallas Cowboys for four.
Speaker 5: This is crazy. I don't like.
Speaker 1: Jeff Eddy Jetty. This Cowboys quarterback calls the franchise record for the most passing yards in a single season. This Cowboys quarterback calls the franchise record for the most passing yards in a single season. Eddie, we're playing it, Jeff Eddie. If you get this right, you get to do your first birthday trade. This Cowboys quarter holds the franchise record for the most passing yards in a single season. Franchise record. Did he just bring that? You must have just broken it. This Cowboys quarterback holds the franchise record. Need an answer, please, I mean, Dak Prescott, that is incorrect.
Speaker 13: Are you really struggle struggling that Cowboys category?
Speaker 12: Dude?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Eddie, your down to five.
Speaker 1: You have five positive points, all right, and there are only three categories left with anything in it. You have hats a five.
Speaker 5: Hey, that gets you to your ten? That gets you your ten?
Speaker 1: It does get you your ten. You have call me daddy. It's making annoys when you do that. What is when you keep going back and forth? Okay you hear it? No, hear it? Yes, loud o, Wait that out.
Speaker 10: Stop doing that.
Speaker 5: I'm doing it again.
Speaker 10: Just don't do this.
Speaker 1: Because it keeps going. I can't concentrate.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 1: You have you have a five and hats and call me daddy. You have a four.
Speaker 5: That's not gonna get you there though, you need to get it.
Speaker 1: I need to five lyrics and songs. You have five? Oh, there you go, and that's it.
Speaker 5: That's it. You have three questions left, man.
Speaker 1: All right, bones, just give me five on lyrics for the first trade. Lyrics for number five if you can get it. This song's lyrics begin with the line, now I heard there was a secret chord. I got it for your first trade. I got it lyrics and songs. What's the song? Hallelujah? Correct? I don't know. Don't worry abouta secret code, eddie. Now you get to pick a number one through six if you want to trade your first gift you can do you want to trade it like a Parson's card. Okay, Eddie, please hand me the card. Here you go, and all the gifts are numbered, Eddie, which number would you like? One through six? I would like number three buns? Okay if you would hand me number three please? Your birthday gift now is a CD LAMB Mini helmet.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, that is awesome.
Speaker 1: Is a CD LAMB Mini helmet?
Speaker 5: Wow, that's really cool.
Speaker 1: That's some one's been sitting on your desk. It is dan. This really cool. Hey, hallelujah, hell louis. Now you only have to get for your next trade in Yeah, you only have to get eight points.
Speaker 10: That's only so many questions left.
Speaker 1: I mean I could get the next two right in hats, there's a five. The nice gift though, thank you events call me daddy. There's a four?
Speaker 10: Is that it?
Speaker 5: That's it? Man?
Speaker 10: That was the first one, So you can't get one more trade.
Speaker 1: Daddy in hats, So will you tell me?
Speaker 5: Is there a better present than this?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: Multiple better gifts than that? Okay? What was my four? That's a good one though, call it Call me daddy, Call me daddy, Call me daddy. Before let's just start there. I gotta get these two anyway. This TV dad played by Tiberrell is a self proclaimed cool dad and has a job as a realtor in an ABC sitcom. Say that one more time. This TV dad played by Tiberrell is a self proclaimed cool dad and has a job as a realtor in an ABC sitcom. The sitcom is Modern Family. What's the dad's name? Oh? I still get to keep this though and get it wrong, right, because I work my way up to it. Yeah, that's yours regardless.
Speaker 6: He's like holding it tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't take this one away from me. His name, I still have another past. It doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. You're right hanging with mister Cooper and correct model Phil Dumpfy is his name. I've heard that before one question left. I would make a deal here. Oh yes, I like deals. Would you like to wager that helmet on the next question? Or would I just like to walk away with a question. I've been gripping this on so tired, dude, So I wage this next question because the questions are five. But I don't think it's super super hard. It's in the category of hat and if you miss it, you go back to the card. If you get it right, you get to pick another number. The number also could be worse.
Speaker 5: You've gotta go for it.
Speaker 1: You're a gambleman, Stop stop?
Speaker 5: Did you love the gamble?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna walk Are you gonna walk away?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm a lamb signed. Maybe that helmet won't even fit on your head, but I'm not gonna wear the helmet. Man, I'm gonna put this in my office. This is what if jeop Eddie?
Speaker 13: What if it's a CD lamb like, what if he's back there under your desk?
Speaker 1: Say that, but Eddie, Oh man, I'm just not good at these number five, then don't go. Then just take gift. So if I get this right, though, I get to pick another number and keep both. Yeah, I'll tell you what. You can pick another number and you just get that number and I lose this helmet and you get the microL Parsons car, but not the helmet, not this helmet. Do you like this helmet?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: Okay? Then just calling say oh, I don't want to call it. Man. You're saying there's something really good back there. I saw the list, I would say, I would say, there's a couple of things.
Speaker 5: Definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't want to say either.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, all right, Eddie, you know what they say, Eddie, No guts, no glory is hard.
Speaker 1: It is a question. Five, it's a hard question. I'm gonna have to put you on ten seconds here to make up your mind, because that is your helmet. If you walk away, I love this helmet, man, and I tell you what, you can even go to lunchboxes your lifeline. Oh dude, I know hats. No you don't.
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I don't How do you know hats? If you want lunchbox, he can be your lifeline in this I've.
Speaker 13: Nailed every one of these hat questions that I may not wear hats, but I know hand.
Speaker 1: Need an answer. All right, let's go. Let's do it, and lunchboxes your team. Boss hat come up to the stage. Come on, lunchbox, to come on, lunchboxes coming to the stage. No, you guys, talk it out. We'll talk it out the categories hats. If you miss it, I get the helmet back and you have to give me the card. If you get it right, you get another guest from the bank. All right, So if I missed, I lose everything. You get the card. You'll go back to So I get the card, got it, Here we go. The question is this he's already smiling. Influential British Prime minister, known for his leadership during World War Two, was often seen wearing a Humburg get off the stage. Already got a Hamburg hat. H O M b U r G. I already got it. Go ahead, that's a Winston Church. That's correct. I got it. I didn't need you get okay, Eddie, it's up to you. I got to keep the helmet too. No, you get to trade it. You get down or traded in for anto the number, and you get whatever number you land on. But there are I would say, two that are a lot better than that. Two they're a lot better than that. But there's only five left. Yeah, you're welcome, dude, Thanks lunch box. Appreciate it, Eddie. But again, if you pick one that's worse, that's all you get. Yeah, yeah, I got it, go out my number. Go ahead, Hey Mikey, give me number five. Close your eyes. Number five was too big.
Speaker 12: Dang.
Speaker 1: Goodbye Ceedie, lamb helmet, Eddy, lay the helmet down. Goodbye Ceedie, Lamb helmet Eddie. When you turn around, the car Keys jingle. When you turn around, this is what you get. One, two, three. It's a Dyke Presscott signed jersey. Is awesome. Let's go Happy birthday to me. Wow, and you can have the cards.
Speaker 5: That's really cool, thank you. Okay.
Speaker 1: The other things were so Eddie got one of the good ones. There was a Stefan Dick signed jersey who plays for the Cowboys. Here you go.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's really cool too.
Speaker 1: There was a j Novacheck mini helmet. That's awesome.
Speaker 10: Here you go from the nineties.
Speaker 1: He should have been in trivia. The bad gift would have been a Daniel Jones Giants football card. I would have thrown it away. I have for sure thrown that away. And I think the Dak was the second best. Yeah of all the sixty. You want to know the biggest Yeah. If you lift it up, this is a it's a car. No, it's not so Tony Romo signed. You can let it out. The Tony Romo signed Dallas Cowboys helmet on the front. There it is, Oh dude, look at that thing. But can I have them all for my birthday?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: You got a Dak jersey and you got a Michael Parsons card. Have you heard that?
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with more.
Speaker 4: Number two, Abby got a message on Instagram which everybody thought was a scam. Like we were really questioning it because it has some big money attached to it. We're like, there's no way this is real. Well, we debated it like is it real?
Speaker 3: Is it actually gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Is Abby gonna.
Speaker 5: Get to do this gig?
Speaker 4: And then Lunchbox got jealous and it was a whole thing that transpired. So listen for yourself and let us know. Do you think it's real or is it a scam?
Speaker 1: Number two said, this is a segment I've been waiting to do because this really happened to someone on the show. Ray, would you mind hitting me with a scam alert?
Speaker 2: Scam alert.
Speaker 1: Now, we play that when we think someone might be getting scammed. However, this isn't that they are getting scammed. This could possibly be. It's not a scam and it's the greatest thing to ever happen to this person. Okay, So Eddie is the one that told me about this. Eddie, I need you to tell everybody this is bizarre, dude. I need you to tell everybody what you know and we will kind of talk through it and see if we think it's real or not. Okay, go ahead. So Abby came to me and she said, is do you think this is real? Like, I want your advice. She got a DM on Instagram from someone that says they own a racetrack or something and they wear you know, in California, I think, and they want to they want to book some some shows. They want to do shows there, and she they ask Abby if she would host a concert there and bring an artist with her, like host, perform a couple, hosts, perform a couple and then bring a Nashville artist with her. Okay, California to play that venue. And they said the budget is fifty thousand dollars, so they would pay Abby fifty grand if you have to pay the artist a little bit. Yeah, okay to sing host and just bring somebody from Nashville.
Speaker 10: She's not gonna be able to take like Aldie.
Speaker 1: It can be anybody, anyone, Abby, So do you feel like this was sent from a reputable source?
Speaker 21: I really think it is, Like because sometimes their profiles look sketchy, they don't have a picture on there, but this is a legit, Lady.
Speaker 16: It isn't that legit scans have legit photos a lot of times.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, they want to come host and perform and just bring somebody with you as like an opening act. Yes, and you're you're the headliner.
Speaker 21: Well, I don't think i'd be the headliner. I think they meant like a bigger artist. Then maybe I just do like a few songs or something like that. That's what I did.
Speaker 6: She hosts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're but you have to pay out of that fifty for a big artist? Yes, okay, So how much is a medium artist? You tell me who and I'll give you a good guess, say like, uh, Travis Denning thirty grand. There we go. Wait a minute, so Abby keeps twenty, I get to keep twenty.
Speaker 10: Let me call him?
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'cause again, if they're gonna pay Abby twenty thousand, if that's the case, they're gonna pay Abby twenty thousand dollars to come out and sing and host.
Speaker 6: And this is the most insane thing ever.
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 1: Do we think it's real? Watchbox?
Speaker 5: No chance?
Speaker 13: Why they wouldn't go to Abbey, they'd go to Bobby. They would go to someone with actual poll. Abby has no poll. She's a phone screener. But I'm saying she doesn't have connections to artists. Bobby has relationships with the artists.
Speaker 1: They wanted to perform as well.
Speaker 10: You don't think she's good enough to.
Speaker 1: Sing her suit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, answer that, no comment.
Speaker 1: That's right. He's in his kindness. He's gotta be kind for two weeks.
Speaker 5: Like they would go to Scuba, they would go to Scooba. Who's connection to the artists.
Speaker 13: They'd ask the raging idiots to play, and you bring someone for fifty thousand dollars. They're not going to Abby. They see someone vulnerable and like, oh this.
Speaker 6: One, okay, what's the skill exactly?
Speaker 1: So Abby's not paying fifty thousand dollars. Like called Travis, Hey, Abby, at what's the venue?
Speaker 5: What's the venue?
Speaker 6: It's a racetrack.
Speaker 5: Well tell me the venue. I'm gonna look it up.
Speaker 6: Should I say what it is?
Speaker 1: I don't care the place. Give me it's do you think it's legitimate?
Speaker 21: It's Laguna Seca Laguna and then s E c a it's a world renowned racetrack.
Speaker 1: What have you googled that, Abby? I didn't even google that.
Speaker 5: No, give me the person's name. Let me find out if they worked.
Speaker 6: No, no, I'm not gonna look.
Speaker 21: I don't know her name.
Speaker 6: It's her mom.
Speaker 13: Wait wait wait wait wait wait, hold on, so it's someone's kid, my mom. Oh my gosh, guys, this is hysterical. She's got a high schooler saying, hey, my mom works in a place. She doesn't know how to reach out her daughter.
Speaker 21: Like she's not in high school, she's unmature.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, keep.
Speaker 21: Going, lunchbox.
Speaker 1: What you were saying?
Speaker 5: And how big?
Speaker 1: Because again, I don't know I can call them? Do me call my managers? See who willing to do that?
Speaker 10: Not even that if he thinks it's legit, No he doesn't.
Speaker 5: I already talked to him.
Speaker 1: That's a good point because he deals with this stuff all the time and he has he runs a whole management company. What's if he answers, this is Tom. Hey, you're we're on the air, so don't say can you be on the air for a second. Yeah, okay, So Abby got a message on the toilet. Abby got a message from someone that says they'll pay her fifty thousand dollars to go out to a racetrack in California and perform and host, but she has to bring a Nashville artist with her, and it's fifty thousand even pick cover that artist and I we were kind of talking about if she wanted to do it, if it was a scam, but we were guessing, like, let's say Travis Dinning and I said, we could probably pay Travis thirty grand if he was open, he'd probably fly out there and do it acoustic. Would you agree with that? I would agree with that. Yes. Also, we thought about George Berge thirty grand and Abby would keep twenty. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 5: I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: So do you think someone would message her in a DM and be like, hey, will you find an artist and I'll give you fifty grand? No, that doesn't seem It feels like it's a catfish scenario, Like she gets there and it's just an old dude in his underwear at the front door, okay, with a backyard barbecue. Yeah, I would be cynical. I would. I think vetting that out would be important if the If it did turn out to be true, though, do you think we could find a pretty decent artist with a couple of hits to go out and do it for twenty five particularly acoustic. That's a really good gig. Okay, that's an easy thing to do. All right, thank you for your input, very good, Happy to hell.
Speaker 10: All right by way.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, what are the dates.
Speaker 5: Of the event?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't have the dates.
Speaker 13: Whenever you want to come, no show up anytime. Hey guys, we're not going to tell you a date. We need this artist. You just picked the date and we'll have that fifty thousands Travis.
Speaker 1: Travis just called me back. Oh my gosh, Hey you're on the air. Is that okay?
Speaker 7: That's perfect?
Speaker 1: Okay. So Abby who is a producer on the show. She answers phone, She does a lot of stuff. She's also thank you. She's also a sink. She sings, but just for fun. She goes to the bars and sings. She got offered to come and sing a couple songs host and they said bring a Nashville artist with you. And and the total budget's fifty thousand dollars. Now oka't perfect. So yeah, if Abby, if the day was open, would you fly out for twenty five thirty thousand play acoustic? Just generally speaking, I mean absolutely, okay, So I mean have you have you seen inflation, Bobby, Yes, I have, and I know, but you demand a pretty penny. But I'm asking like, if, first of all, do you think this is real? Has this ever happened to you where someone's like, I own a racetrack, come sing for fifty grand? I've never gotten that phone call.
Speaker 20: I've definitely played some interesting like private shows like I've played I've played a birthday party with Riley Green. And this wasn't like a long time ago. It was like last year. We played somebody's backyard in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Full, like literally full long.
Speaker 20: They rented a huge pa in stage and they had like three hundred people over in their backyard and it was just me and Riley. So I've not done some interesting, odd little things like that before.
Speaker 1: But so if me and Abby sing Abbey together, absolutely you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 12: Cool.
Speaker 1: But let's say it did happen, she's not being catfished and you had the date open for thirty grand, would you go and do it? Absolutely? Okay, Hey, time for Jeff. I'll take you just about anything. Well, don't say that you're you're negotiating down Travis. Yeah, never where about that? Okay? Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, thank you, Travis. If she's not being catfish, we'll let you know.
Speaker 5: Sounds good.
Speaker 20: And by the way, I'm currently fishing right now and that's kind of small mouth.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome. Okay, we're not We're at work, So that's up, all right, buddy, See leater Abby, you need to get back in touch with them.
Speaker 21: Okay, So should I just pitch Travis or give them a few you know.
Speaker 1: You need the date and I can work as but I'm setting this up so it's ten percent. Oh is that yeah? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is what I would say. Hit them up. See if it's real, Okay, say, depending on the date. Travis Dinning number one hit maker, Travis Dinning and yourself would be happy to come out and do it all. But it's going to cost it. Looking at the budget and travel, it's going to be sixty thousand if you find out it's real, and then you'll probably settle on like fifty five or something. Oh okay, but just say, just find it's a real person. Okay, Yes, munchwalks.
Speaker 10: She makes twenty grand for going out and seeing a couple of songs.
Speaker 5: What will you think I'll vomit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, that's a real as the real questions.
Speaker 6: Body react, Yeah, would you be happy for me? Would you be happy lunchbalks?
Speaker 1: No, Okay, let's find out, Abby, do some due diligence. Have Scuba Steve get on it too, Scuba Steve your finder's feet. If it works from this and it all happens and everybody gets paid, you get five hundred dollars finder fee if it's all legit. Okay, I appreciate it. Thank you, Eddie.
Speaker 6: Why do you even bring that my own?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I brought the show.
Speaker 1: What's my finder's fee?
Speaker 5: Hold on cost money?
Speaker 1: You couldn't have because you wouldn't have got Travis, because I wouldn't have been able to call them.
Speaker 6: Sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like when I tore it costs a ton of money for me just to get out on the road, much less even before I get paid.
Speaker 10: So you're gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: But give me a thousand. Well, you get a segment, you get employee the month a note from Okay, Babby, let us know, let us know, Okay, I will it's the.
Speaker 2: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: Kenny Chesney stopped by the studio this week and I was so excited. This is the first time Kenny Chesney has been in here since I've been part of the show so in the last like six and a half seven years, and it was really cool to have him in.
Speaker 3: Like he is as cool as you think he would be.
Speaker 4: He like brings the beach vibes with him even though he was sitting in a studio And I don't know how to explain it any more than that. He talked about his connection to sports and why he plays all these arenas, why he loves sports, including his voice of fall song that everybody fell in love with and the song that he hates performing now and then we also talked about some exciting things with his Nose Shoes Nation, where the flags came from. Just some really good stories with Kenny Chesney, like a full hour of talking to him.
Speaker 3: And if you're more of a watcher, then you can go watch this whole interview on YouTube. And if not, you're about to hear Kenny Chesney and Bobby Bones.
Speaker 5: Number one the Friday Morning.
Speaker 2: Conversation with Kenny Chesney.
Speaker 1: When you came in, you mentioned it was cold. I keep the room freezing cold. They hate it. I like it. I like it too. Because I feel like it keeps me sharp and slightly uncomfortable, which is where I perform best if i'm If I get comfortable, then I'm slower.
Speaker 14: No, no, look, I love it. If you walk on my bus on the road it is. I mean you can hang me in there.
Speaker 1: Why to you?
Speaker 10: Why you keep it cold?
Speaker 1: I sleep better me? Oh it's sixty three in our bedroom. Have you ever heard of this thing called the chili pad?
Speaker 10: Is it under your bed?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's like the thing that lays under the.
Speaker 7: Mat on the map.
Speaker 10: Can it be warm too?
Speaker 1: Because my wife was gonna buy one to make it warm because I freeze her out.
Speaker 7: But it.
Speaker 14: Straps onto the mattress and you put all this stuff over it, and you can dial it down to it and you don't have to put it on their side.
Speaker 1: Got your side is one?
Speaker 7: Anyway?
Speaker 10: Luckily I have a sleep number. Mine does that automatically.
Speaker 1: But chili pat we looked at that for like, oh, it's incredible, and also make one eat chili. Though that's problem. Like I think my consumption or friedo pies would go up if I had the chili pad because I would just always be thinking about chili. Did you ever do David Letterman that when it be on that studio is freezing cold for the same reason.
Speaker 10: Do you remember it being cold when you were there?
Speaker 7: It was cold? Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 1: Like almost the only thing I remember about the one thing I did Letterman like two or three times, and the last time I was there, I had my greatest you know, thank God that I had a Greatest Hits two album out right, and he introduced me.
Speaker 7: I swear to god.
Speaker 14: He goes, here's Kenny Chosney with his Greatest Hits eleven too.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Who has eleven greatest hits records?
Speaker 10: That's what.
Speaker 7: But that's what he said.
Speaker 1: You and the Eagles Man, that's it, the eleven greatest hits. We were talking and I'm gonna ask you a mentor question in a Seconday, I read a story about somebody and they're like, my mentor's this person. And I was like, why I know the person really well that he says a mentoring and that's not true.
Speaker 10: I din'tve know him.
Speaker 1: I didn't say it was, but I was like, let's all invent a fake mentor and my fake mentors. David Letterman, I don't know. I've never met him, it's like I'm a hero. So who is your real mentor? That you could have called it age twenty seven, you could have called it age forty one.
Speaker 14: That would be one of my managers. My manager, Dell Morris is a mentor.
Speaker 10: Sure, he find you way early.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And what's great about mentors is is that you know, if we had the if we had to learn, I mean, mentors are really important in everybody's lives. If you had to learn your own life, life's lessons, it's it's it's hard. But if you could learn through the lessons of someone else's, it makes it a little easier in life, you know. So I would say Dale Joe Goolante, who is my record label president for a long time, and then I've got my you know, the people that I look up to with that, there are songwriters and.
Speaker 1: Who artistically did you look up to, and even if you didn't know them really well creatively, you're like, man, what they do so amazing?
Speaker 14: Well, I was always drawn to the people that wrote their songs and went out and performed them, you know, like Bruce Springsteen, like Jimmy Buffett. So, I mean so many people that just as a kid, you know what's crazy though, As a kid growing up in East Tennessee, I was I didn't know the genius of that. You know. I was playing sports and I heard Alabama on the radio and I heard, you know, everything they played on w i v K and Knoxville, Tennessee. And that's what That's the music I grew up one because that's the music my mom listened to all the time. But once I started writing songs and I discovered the genius of all these people that I now call my heroes, slash a little bit of friends, it's it opened up a whole new world to me because once.
Speaker 1: You started doing it, you started to see how heartily hard it was, that's right, And until you get in the mix, it's hard to actually see how it's being made.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And so for me, I was when I first started this. I moved to town, you know, several years ago, and was and was signed by a cuff Rose which is now Sony. Sony bought a COO rows years ago, and that's all I thought I was gonna do. I had no idea that I was going to go out on the road, and I mean I hoped I would, but I was so in love with the thought of creating and given the world something that didn't exist yesterday, right, And so that's that, that's what really got me excited to get up every day. And so then it turned into this, which is it's it's the audience we've built out there is really beautiful. But when I first came to town, I didn't know this existed.
Speaker 1: It's you know, you're known for your audience, obviously for all eleven Greatest Hits albums, but also but also because all reality you have thirty five number one songs and that's not even including all the songs that were even bigger than some of the number ones. That's the chart didn't even recognize as a number one, right, So right, you have this massive community, bigger than anything that I've seen in our format.
Speaker 10: You know, there are people like fish Are Grateful Day Chesney.
Speaker 1: You can go through those groups and you would know kind of what the vibe is by the culture that is spread around the country. Now, my point with all this is it's even shown in TV shows. There was that show where there's a psycho killer. Steve Carell was in it, and the guy the killer would like go to Kenny Chesney like yeah, oh yeah. He had a crew and they all loved each other. And he was like, we go to Chesney shows. How amazing and weird that it crosses over into pop culture. That you see the culture you've built, but through it like a fictional part of it.
Speaker 7: It's crazy. I mean it really is.
Speaker 14: And look, Bobby, to be up there on stage and see the faces of people that listen to this music and want to come obviously experience the songs, but just experience.
Speaker 7: The experience of being there.
Speaker 14: That is, we didn't wake up and just it be that way. You know, it was built over the years and it's but it's crazy to see. I mean, I had so many people call me about that show. The Patient is what I called The Patient. Yeah, that's right, and I had I mean, I had so many people call me. I haven't seen it yet, but it was complimentary to you, very complimenting. It wasn't like you were killing people, No, it was like he enjoyed my music. Was the threat of them, Yes, but but it was weird to be watching that show and them talking about you and saying your name, and you know and listening. You know, the guys are in that room in a dark room listening to I Go Back, it was really weird.
Speaker 1: And what they were showing though, and not even in a psychotic way, was again the culture that you've built out your shows, where everybody just loves each other and they'll look out and travel together. That was kind of the warmness of that.
Speaker 10: Weird show was your music.
Speaker 7: It was the balance of the darkness.
Speaker 1: And it's got to be crazy to be just a dude like you. Obviously some people look at you in a lot of different ways, Kenny the Great singer, but you know you your dude. And to know that what you've done has crossed over into such mainstream and what you've built, it's something.
Speaker 7: That you don't dream of, honestly, you know.
Speaker 14: But it's just it's I was flattered that it that that it has, you know. But Bobby, I don't think of I don't think about that. I mean I I just I get up every day and try to create and try to be the best person I can and grow our audience.
Speaker 7: And but I think one of the things that has.
Speaker 14: Has helped do that is over the over the years, year after year, people come to the shows and they realize that it's that it's it's a safe place from psycho killers, that and and just negativity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody.
Speaker 12: I don't.
Speaker 14: I don't use my platform or my stage to impose my thinking. You know. I when you come to our shows, you're not going to be told what to think, You're not going to be told how to vote.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 14: It's just it's just it's you're safe from all that because you get all that negativity and and try to be manipulated everywhere else in the world, especially if you watch enough TV. So I would like to think that's where that started.
Speaker 1: Who was the person I was like, can we need to do flags because the flags of they're now everywhere? But that's also something that's kind of weird if you don't know people are going to use that to sell flags, Like yeah, who was Maybe it was you like, we need to do flags for boats or flags for whatever it is.
Speaker 14: Well, it started with boats because I've spent a lot of my adult life on the boat, and that's where it started. And then it was my merch guy's Tim and Darrell.
Speaker 7: I've got a lot.
Speaker 14: I've got three or four guys that are out on the road with me once my road manager David, and he runs my own company, and then Tim and Dale run my merch company. We all went to high school together and so crazy, it's crazy in college roommates and so you know that they know exactly the button to push to bring you know, can easy go down a little bit? You know what I mean, Like they've been with me forever. So but it was their idea initially, well my my idea for the boat flags and went, now we got to do more than boat flags. We gotta we got to have them everywhere. So that was That was several years ago and.
Speaker 1: It is now. It's just normal because it's the culture of your artist, the live experience, the music. Like it's been a really cool thing. But like you said, it wasn't built overnight.
Speaker 7: No, I mean it was. It was not built overnight.
Speaker 1: Which to me and I want to we've talked about the new record before you got here. But the record is called Born. That's a great song, super catchy, and you know, one of my friends had the Morgans, one of the writers in that song, like, yeah, she's great.
Speaker 10: But when you name a record.
Speaker 1: Something yeah, and you name it born, there's also a thought of, well, the name of this also needs to represent who I Am Now and the Why Born? It's your twentieth record, right, do you feel.
Speaker 14: Reborn in a way? You know, like new music brings new energy, you know? And I felt like that when I first heard this song. It just it's just a reminder that although although we're all very different, we're all in ways at our core still the same. We all dream, we all love our loved ones, we all want to be loved, and in the middle of it, we want to for me anyway, When I heard this song, there's a lot in it specifically that says, what does life and love and truth all mean?
Speaker 7: Already? Making it harder than it has to be? Am?
Speaker 14: I making it harder than it has to be? And I am very guilty of that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 14: I'm in a place in my life where, well, yeah, I've got a we all have you know, you this, this this voice in our head that we all talk to every day is unnecessary sometimes and I do that a lot, and sometimes I do think I'm making it harder than it has to be, you know. And that's that's why that song stuck out to me so much, and just energetically and melodically and the nature of how we cut it. I just felt like that was a great way in the sequence of the record to start it, and it was a good thing to say to our audience.
Speaker 7: You know. So I'm looking forward to doing that this summer.
Speaker 10: You know, you're going back out.
Speaker 1: It's the Sun Goes Down twenty twenty four tour, and man, what a show.
Speaker 10: It's Zach, Zach Brown Band, Meghan Maroney.
Speaker 1: Uncle Cracker. Yeah, holy crap.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's gonna be a fun summer.
Speaker 10: I mean, even if you weren't there, that'd be a good show, right with you there.
Speaker 7: It's all I mean, well, but you know, Zach doesn't have to do it, but he is.
Speaker 14: Yeah, this is which is great. I couldn't believe that he said, yes, you know, but so it was I And then I've met Megan once and I think, uh, you know what she's she's building her own beautiful audience, a.
Speaker 1: Song rioter to the court.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And then Uncle Cracker, you know when we put out When the Sun Goes Down several years ago. You know, we we had we met each other just once, and here's this guy from from Detroit and me from East Tennessee. And to think that we would be live friends after that song, you we I would have never have guessed it.
Speaker 10: You got still buddies.
Speaker 14: Yeah, gosh, I mean we're so such good friends and and have him back out there. I mean we just did it because the music great, but look, the fun factor goes way up and the joke factor.
Speaker 7: I mean, we laughed so much, and I need that out on the road. I do. I just can't sit on the bus all day and watch direct TV.
Speaker 1: I need that here.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we're trying to laugh, Okay, you try to everything.
Speaker 1: I want to laugh though the funny one. Kenny Chesney dot com to see all the dates and so, so you know, you're the guy that I associate with doing stadiums, like the country artists that I like who does stadiums freaking Kenny has forever.
Speaker 10: Like to me, you're that guy and you've done stadiums forever.
Speaker 1: And I think even like the where the Patriots play, Like I even have places that I really associate you with playing. I don't know why there's New England dates, feel like maybe there were just so many stories that came from those from friends that went up or even you coming in here. But stadiums versus arenas, how do you have to perform differently based on the venue of a stadium open air outside massive most of the time. In arena still massive, but inside like a basketball arena and people are closer.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 14: Last year, by design, I went and did small market arenas and Kelsey Ballerini went out with me and that was a blast. But it's it is different, I mean, just just you know, with the stadium, I've learned. It took me a couple of years, actually, Bobby, because I was although my me and my crew love the fact that we were doing it, I hadn't wrapped my arms around. It took of me emotionally and mentally to do it. By the third year of doing it, I felt like I had it down. But that's when I started going to the top of the stadium on Friday night after soundcheck to to visually and emotionally and mentally measure how far I had to go because I know what it looks like down on the stage up to the top row, but I wanted to get a different perspective. So that helped me a lot, it really did. And you know, it's just this would be our I don't know. I think I think the first year we did football stadiums was in two thousand and five, and we did three. We did Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and then in New England I think two thousand and five, and then so this, this, and then the next year we did a bunch of them and then here we are.
Speaker 1: Do you have so many cool sports relationships? Because of so many that to me is the coolest thing.
Speaker 14: It is unbelievable at the I mean, I have I have more friends in sports than I have in music, honestly, And if you come to our show at any one of the stadium shows, you're gonna see more sports people there outside the bus.
Speaker 1: Than you will music people, probably because that's cooler for you too, right, I mean that'sen.
Speaker 10: We're not mused people all time?
Speaker 14: Are now My music friends were busy? Yeah, that's but yeah. I mean, like, look, who's your coolest.
Speaker 1: Sports friend that when you were twenty you'd be thirteen, I don't care, or even twenty eight thirty that you're like, man, that's cool to watching my TV. But now they're your buddy.
Speaker 7: Oh well, I mean there's so many.
Speaker 14: Like when we put out The Boys a Fall song, and ESPN asked us to make The Boys a Fall film, they paid for me to go around and talk to all my heroes, and all of a sudden, I mean, I was I was in the I was in the living room of John Madden, and I was in the living room of Brett Favor, and I was in the living room of Nick Saban. So many people and when we were done recording, when shooting, we had dinner at their house.
Speaker 7: It was crazy.
Speaker 14: And so that's so after that, so many sports people started coming to the shows, and so that's that's where I mean, I was friends with sports people before, but there's one thing that that I've I've always that I know now for sure sports people really want to be a music person, and a music person would give anything to be a sports person. So there there's this there's this mutual respect, you know, and so so yeah, that's that's where it started.
Speaker 1: Coolest athlete or coach to come out and sing or do be a part of your show, to jump out and just do it fu so many I mean, like who comes to my first not too about just who comes to by Andy Reid.
Speaker 14: But Andy Reid the coach of the chiefs Now but he came out when he was coach for the Eeles Philadelphia Eagles, and he brought out an Eagles helmet, and I got a small head. You know, I've got my I've got my my straw cowboy hat, you know, that fits on there pretty good. And he came out and he brought an Eagles helmet and doing this fly Eagles fly thing. Well, I took the helmet from him and took my hat off and put the helmet the helmet on me, and I put my hat on his head and it'll like barely, it wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Even fit on his head, Like he's got such a big head. Plays went crazy.
Speaker 10: I'm looking at the picture because he's in like a Hawaiian shirt.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the helmet has like consumed your head in this movie. That, yeah, that's super well for them.
Speaker 14: They get so excited to come up. And you know, we played lambeau Field. The last time we played lambeau Field was in twenty fifteen, I think, and and Mike McCarthy was still coach the Cowboys coach now was actually still coach for the Packers at the time, and they had just won the Super Bowl, and he brought the Lombardi Trophy out on stage, and I swear to god, you could feel the foundation of lambeau Field Shake.
Speaker 1: It was so loud, they were the crowd was going on.
Speaker 7: It was so loud.
Speaker 14: I mean, that was one of the It was one of the most amazing experiences. So you know, when you're up there singing a song about their life and validating their life journey with the song like boys Will Fall, I mean, they just it's just wonderful.
Speaker 1: I want to play another song from the new album. This is Guilty Pleasure. So you wrote the song, yeah, And did you feel more of a priority to write or are you just more interested in writing? Like, well, why this record? Was it more than the past? It seems like a bit more.
Speaker 14: It took Yeah, I got I wrote four or five songs on this record. Although I've never been the kind of artist that said, Okay, I've got to write a song, man. If I have, if I had that mentality, I wouldn't ever recorded you in Tequila or yeah no shoes or yeah a lot. You know, But it took three years to make this record. So why you know why?
Speaker 1: Well, one of.
Speaker 14: The reasons is it's you don't want to repeat yourself. And at this point, you know when people sing you songs, yeah, maybe maybe ten years ago I would have recorded that song, but I've already said that, you know, so it's it just took a minute. And then as far as Guilty Pleasure, I wrote that song with Ross Kopperman, Josh Osbourne and Shane McAnally. And that's the last song I wrote for the record, and I just think it was a it was just a dive into human behavior, you know, and it let's eat it, lets each person off the hook if you will, you know, and and just letting whatever the relationship is, let it be that without too much pressure.
Speaker 7: And so that's where that song came from.
Speaker 1: Just a few more questions. We have Kenny Chesney here with us new records out today called Born. We we're talking to Hardy and he's one of the writers on your single now Take Her Home, And we played that song a decent Moountain Now started to become a big old hit. So Hardy's one of these guys that writes so many songs. He's so good and there are other good writers on this too. But is he one of the guys too that we ever hit a guy up like Hardy and be like, hey, what do you have?
Speaker 14: Or will he come to you? And be like, I have something that you may like. Well, that's what happened with Take Her Home. I got a email from him, and you know, I'd never really hung out with him much. Our paths hadn't crossed that much. But I got a email from it from him saying, you know, me and the guys wrote a song yesterday and we had you in mind. We think this is something for you. And I listened to it and I'm like, yeah, yeah, you're right, and that that's really cool when that happens, cause you know, nine times out of ten going nah, maybe not. But when I heard that, I mean, he's such a great songwriter and just just you know, when I hear some of his songs, they just seem smarter. You know, there's just they're just a little smarter. I may not like all of them, but they're just they're smarter than some, you know. So that's why I did this song speaking to human behavior and just life in general. This song why, that's why it meant a lot to me. And he was just melodically out of spell in love with it.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite hit that you could have recorded five fifteen years ago that you've played a bunch and you kind of like, man, I'm tired of it, but now it's back and it's awesome again, and you like, it's like a rejuvenated feeling about playing this hit again.
Speaker 14: I got really over the years, I got really tired of playing Big Star, and we didn't do it for a long time, and then h one night.
Speaker 7: We we did it.
Speaker 14: And the good stuff we did good stuff last year and we hadn't done it in ten years for some reason, and we did it year. Those two songs we did last year, and I went, wow, you know, it has new energy now, I.
Speaker 1: Know new people listening to it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 14: So it's it's putting your show together now, is you know, we're in the process of doing that, because I mean, we start soon in Tampa. We opened at the Buccaneers Football Stadium in Tampa on April twentieth, and we're in the process now of trying to make it, you know, to give the audience Okay, well, we know they want to hear these but what's gonna what's gonna make you feel good like us, feel like we're not just repeating the same thing, and so you'll do a better show if you feel good.
Speaker 7: R I mean exactly so.
Speaker 14: But those two songs last year we did and we hadn't done them in a while, and they sounded great.
Speaker 7: They felt good to us.
Speaker 1: When I think a Big Star, I think it a live version with you and Taylor.
Speaker 14: Yeah she, I mean that was on my birthday. I don't know what was it, twenty fifteen. We opened at the Arena in Nashville, and she showed up on my birthday as a birthday gift and sang Big Star with me. Play went nuts and she pulled some little girl up in that girl, I mean, she was that girl was bawling that Taylor did it, you know. And so I'm I'm so look, I I've I don't have enough adjectives to describe Taylor. I mean, she's just absolutely great, you know.
Speaker 1: And so what about me? How many adjutive do you have?
Speaker 7: I got a lot of.
Speaker 1: Final question before the final question. Do you do ice bats every day? When I'm on the road.
Speaker 7: I do them every day.
Speaker 14: I'm starting to do them almost every day now, but I've got my host set up on the road and at home, I do about fifteen minutes in the sauna. I'm working my way up to three minutes and ice and oh and I I'm gonna say in the sauna. No, probably the NYE that sucks.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Heat you do heat, ice, heat, ice, heat ice, and I do that.
Speaker 14: I do that three rounds and if I'm bored, I'll you know, I'll go, I'll go into the four rounds. But what I should do, which I don't, is after my show because I run around and jump around so much on stage. I should do the ice right after my show, but I don't. I wait usually wait till the next day, and by then.
Speaker 10: I'm inflammation is inflammation?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Do you ever weigh yourself before and after a show just to see No, I've had people, you know, a CDC guy would lose Angus would lose like fifteen pounds.
Speaker 14: I've had so many people ask me to do that because it's just I just move. I can't help it when I when you have the baby.
Speaker 10: No, it's running around the studio right now. You guys can't see it.
Speaker 1: You can't stand it. But I've lost five pounds in here.
Speaker 7: Yes, No, but I'm gonna do that one day. I've got one of these myzone belts, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 14: It's a track and it tracks everything, Yeah, goes, it goes right here on your athletes us.
Speaker 6: The god I'm picturing like a heart rate monitor from yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but it tells you how many calories you burn, how many steps, whatever you know, and then when you get back into a Wi Fi area, it'll download all the information and you can see what what happened, and they still your identity. Yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that hot cold derby though, like so many doctors say that that's the key to your biological age.
Speaker 6: And bringing that down and.
Speaker 7: Decreases stress and it decreases.
Speaker 6: Which strasa leads to aging.
Speaker 16: So like you're internal, but also I feel like you've done a really good job just even you don't seem to have a in all these years.
Speaker 6: It's like, what else do you do?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: How you get so much sun and not look like someone who had a bunch of.
Speaker 5: I just went to this.
Speaker 14: I went to the doctor the other day just because just that felt it was time to get my skin checked mtology. Yeah, and she goes, you look great, Okay, great. I might have been a son my whole life. I got that from my mother. We have been in a son our whole lives, you know, And so I don't know. Maybe one day at a rear its head, but it hasn't so far. But thank you for saying that. I mean, I I my diet is really strict, especially like after Foxborough it'll be football season and I'll.
Speaker 16: Like speaking of guilty pleasure, I mean, not like about the song, not like like food.
Speaker 1: She means, yeah, yeah, food.
Speaker 14: I like, you know, I grew up in the country and we're all you know, my whole family is emotional eaters, you know, so I I like country cooking, you know. But then again, I love Italian I love red wine, and I went to Italy several times and it spoiled me. I mean, I love that food, so that's my guilty pleasure. But I don't do I don't you know. I don't eat or drink that much like that until after the tour is over. And then I during football season, I eat and drink.
Speaker 7: What I want. And it's a long football season.
Speaker 14: So I gotta get ready to go, you know when every year around Christmas and January, first, I go, okay, my god, April was coming, so I gotta I gotta turn that switch off and become this other person.
Speaker 1: All right, final question, and it'll lead to a little thing here. But the new records out today, Kenny Chasney born the tour. What you guys can go to Kenny Chasney dot com. You can see all the dates there. I encourage you to go at such a great show and after you answer it, it will lead to an action. But do you have any really cool signed sports memorabilia from any of your favorite people?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 10: What is your favorite one or two things that you have?
Speaker 14: Well, I've got I mean, like I said, I got John madd and Bobby Bowden, Nick Saban, Peyton Manning Devils. These are all signed football helmets like you've got. I mean, I've got so many. I had more. But when I lived out west of town, what year was it that the big flood.
Speaker 1: Happened, is right?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, So I had a I built this huge gym and all it was I mean it was a huge gym to work out and train, but all four walls was like a trophy case of just sports memorabilia. I mean it was so many people over the years, and the flood, oh really took all of it. So I had to replenish.
Speaker 1: If they said we have to give everything away except one thing, though, what's the one piece of memorabilia that you have that you would keep.
Speaker 14: I have a Patriots helmet signed by Brady and Belichick and and it says all the super Bowls they won together.
Speaker 7: I'd probably keep that. I mean probably.
Speaker 1: We obviously raise a bunch of money for Saint Jude, and I want to show these are seven dollars. Okay, So I have four of these. Okay, if you wouldn't mind signing, they love to and so, but three of them just sign normally. But we have an appraiser that comes on because I'm a big memorabil you got myself. And she comes on and because I have a helmet that's John Elway and Peyton Manning. They they're both super Bowl champs. And I said, how much can I get for this? And she's like fifteen thousand dollars and I'm like that's cool. She goes, it's worth more because you or somebody of notoriety owned it before you sold it. So we want to have you signed three regular and then sign one that says Bobby never sell us on the black market.
Speaker 10: Then we're gonna sell and see if it goes for more and give that money.
Speaker 1: Sage. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so we'll pass.
Speaker 10: You the marketer while I do your your record.
Speaker 1: There's one, all right, and if somebody can help him, because I can't bend over.
Speaker 10: My back is killing me.
Speaker 1: You want just right, just yeah, just sign Kenny Jasney draws Hi, sell about whatever you want.
Speaker 10: That's it on three of them, very easy.
Speaker 1: On the fourth as our item, our experiment to Bobby, don't sell this on the black market. Hilarious. And then we'll see if it goes for more because I owned it, which I don't think it will.
Speaker 10: And we'll give We're gonna give all the money said.
Speaker 7: There's one.
Speaker 1: There's one, all right, So everybody out there listen. Kenny Chesney. He's got thirty five number ones. He's got eleven greatest hits albums, which you learned earlier. That's a true story. That's a story.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he said, Ladies and gentlemen here with those greatest hits eleven eleven.
Speaker 1: That's a funny one. The new singles take her Home, which we're going to plange just a second. This is the twentieth album, the studio album, because he's got other records too, like live records. But Born is the name of the record. And I hope you guys check it out and you go see Kenny on the road and kills.
Speaker 6: You pleasures song. You're so good it's still in my head.
Speaker 1: Thank you and all we didn't say a little.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, yeah, you can bring it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. What's your favorite? What's your go to pleasure? It's ok to get out of hereby she's read, no, she is, yeah, you go, she goes. Oh, man, you have to pleasure not like pants. Yes, yes, Kenny, thank you for the time, man, thank you for the consolations there for having me and everybody will see the summer Yeah, Kenny, chase everybody.
Speaker 2: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all, that's it for best bits, just the bits.
Speaker 4: I hope you loved it, and I hope you do check out stay here for a little bit longer Part one and part three.
Speaker 3: With Abby this weekend.
Speaker 4: Some funny stories over there that maybe we can make you laugh, or maybe you can get some updates some things you've wanted to know about, whatever it may be. Or if you leave us here that's okay too. I hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 2: That's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 1: Go follow the show on all social platforms. Show and follow ed web Girl Morgan
Speaker 2: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.